Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 69
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!  (Read 421096 times)
JOEYSX5
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #135 on: August 31, 2010, 04:42:45 AM »

There should not be any problem at all, C4 work great in game for me. If this is happening to all people downloading it, it would of been reported by now. It has like 71 downloads.

I'm happy to hear Irishladdie's is working good.  

Sorry for the double post, but Terminator, could you get Psycho Mantis' Textures from Twin Snakes for me?  I'm going to try and put him over Mewtwo.  Awesome Face Awesome Face Awesome Face Awesome Face

I probably won't get around to it for a while, and if somebody wants to port Marth or Snake or perhaps best of all Shiek over Mewtwo, that would make things go a lot smoother since Mewtwo's texture files are a labyrinth as is.

Also, Eternalyoshi, were you ever able to rip that stuff from Sons of Liberty?

P.S. If any of you are good at Model importing, seriously port Shiek over Mewtwo.  I just realized how perfect Shiek's body type is for Mantis.  I'm a SAKURAI!!!!!!!!ing genious.

I'm ok with model importing, I mean my Gray Fox I made before Eternal Yoshi released his was horrible Sad

But, I had the idea in mind that Mantis should be done and ported over Mewtwo. He's basically the same as Mewtwo, but how are you gonna have a seperate Victory theme? Why not port his animations and everything over Olimar? I know it sounds harder, but maybe Mewtwo is better.

I'll ask Friedslick6 for Mantis textures.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:52:59 AM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: August 31, 2010, 06:14:04 AM »

Actually, I was thinking Generic Soldier(s) over Olimar.

Why:

1) Each Pikmin could be a different gun used by soldiers. (I'm talking new modded guns, not anything from Snake)
    2) Gives us an excuse to have Genome soldiers (MGS1/Original), Big Shell soldiers (MGS2/Red Team), Ocelot Unit (MGS3/Blue Team), GRU Soldiers (MGS3/Green Team), KGB Soldiers (MGS/Extra 1), and FROGs (MGS4/Extra 2).

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

CyanideX
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: August 31, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »

I've got the same problem with the white equipment.

Edit: I just thought of how awesome it would be if someone could make a CQC based moveset for Snake rather than complete dependence on weaponry.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:58:48 AM by CyanideX » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: August 31, 2010, 01:54:16 PM »

Edit: I just thought of how awesome it would be if someone could make a CQC based moveset for Snake rather than complete dependence on weaponry.

Ah, no way. Seriously? Stupid glitch... I guess I'll have to test it in game too. Aww, I hope this dosn't screw up like this for everyone.

I dunno, but somone could be inporting it incorrectly? It's strange. The white color is usually from when a model dosn't have a texture attatched to it, and I know the model had textures.

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: August 31, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »

Ah, no way. Seriously? Stupid glitch... I guess I'll have to test it in game too. Aww, I hope this dosn't screw up like this for everyone.

I dunno, but somone could be inporting it incorrectly? It's strange. The white color is usually from when a model dosn't have a texture attatched to it, and I know the model had textures.
    Did you update the pac and the pcs with the new model or just one or the other?  That's the only thing I can think of.  Make sure the download includes both and see if people keep having this issue. 

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: August 31, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »

Yeah, I just tried out Terminator's pack too. My impressions and problems:

First of all - this might be just a glitch - but my codes for Brawl- stopped working once I added these Snake textures in. Probably unrelated.

Update: The reason Snake's moveset reverted from Brawl- style to vBrawl style was because I moved the Brawl- "FitSnake.pac". Oops!

Moving on...

MGS1 Snake: Looks GREAT, except that the ammo packs and sidearm are white, and you can see through parts of his chest (around the straps), back, and right where his neck meets his collar. There are also two blue triangles just behind Snake's arms that don't look like they should be there. While these are minor flaws, this texture would be truly awesome if there were no see-through spots or odd blue triangles.

Tuxedo Snake: No problems, but Snake's hands have a different skin color than his face does... :/

MGS2 (?) Snake: No problems.

Big Boss: His face, ammo packs, and sidearm each had this glitchy, rusty-looking texture. Otherwise, no problems.

Pliskin: No problems, but those robot ears bug me. They would look much better if they were vertexed properly - old Snake has his Solid Eye vertexed in over his Final Smash eyes, so couldn't a realistic headset be vertexed onto Pliskin? Just a thought.

Old Snake: No problems, but I think there's a better old Snake texture in the vault (no offense):

BTW, I get that the C4 texture is supposed to look more like it did in the MGS games, but what is that Grenade texture supposed to be? I don't recognize it.

Update: Just remembered, the grenade texture comes from common3.pac, so you guys might not know what I'm talking about. This Grenade texture looks "alien", like it came out of Halo or Half-life.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:06:30 PM by Bent 00 » Logged

Nicki
    Mega Kitten

Nick was taken

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: August 31, 2010, 06:32:25 PM »

Yea Terminator sent me his Snake texture too, i tried transparency but it was gray as well

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: August 31, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »

Good luck fixing the textures, guys. Great work so far!

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: August 31, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »

Why not make this a PSA/Vertex hack of Naked Snake?
    I have many ideas to implement, but I'm roped in another non Gray Fox project.

P.S. I got the SFX audio of Gray Fox's Sword swings in game.
    I'm going to be using the PSX voice, but if you want to use the new VO for him or another language, you need to link me to the voice clips, preferably with no BGM.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:29:44 PM by EternalYoshi » Logged

CyanideX
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: August 31, 2010, 10:29:47 PM »

Why not make this a PSA/Vertex hack of Naked Snake?
    I have many ideas to implement, but I'm roped in another non Gray Fox project.
    That's kinda the idea considering that Solid Snake isn't half as beastly at CQC as the legendary Big Boss.

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: September 01, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »

Ah, but I tried using PSicture. Unless it was because of a dump error...
    I agree with the liquid texture. But it'd need vertexed hair, too.

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: September 01, 2010, 05:19:40 AM »

What's with these texture glitches?

Could somone help me fix these retarded glitches? Seriously these need fixing quickly.
    I'll just ditch the Big Boss texture and get another one Irishladdie made. MGS2 Snake was just deafult Snake's body mixed with Plisken's face.

Old Snake, the one you said it is better, gave me problems when trying to give him the Solid Eye, same glitch that Big Boss has now. C4 textures, well, were textured to look accurate to MGS1, same with the Butterfly version. I've noticed Brawl's default grenade textures and the ones in the Twin Snakes and they look identical so I kept them the same.

What I need NOW is somone to help me out with the see-through crap and the maybe Plisken's ears should be vertexed. I will just ditch Big Boss and replace him with one of Irishladdie's like I said, so no worries. If somone good with this could fix this I would deeply appreciate it.   

Ok, so, other than characters do trophies work properly?

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: September 01, 2010, 12:41:54 PM »

Old Snake, the one you said it is better, gave me problems when trying to give him the Solid Eye, same glitch that Big Boss has now.

I wouldn't worry about giving that Old Snake texture the Solid Eye if it's giving you trouble. It's not like Old Snake always had it equipped.

I haven't tried the trophies yet. I'll let you know if there's any problems with them once I do.

Thanks for looking into fixing Pliskin's ears. Smiley

Hey EternalYoshi, have you looked into Snake's taunts using Tabuu yet?

P.S.: Anyone know of any good red texture hacks for Snake? I've only found Russian Sneaking Suit Snake, which only has a little red. Something similar to this would be good:

I know that looks similar to Snake's default red and black camo, but it's the best red design I can think of at the moment.
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:42:56 AM by Bent 00 » Logged

SiegLSC
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: September 02, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »

Hi, everybody in BRAWL Vault.
    First of all, I'll give my Thanks the ones who take responsability of making Snake looks really cool. I know is not an easy job and takes a lot of time. I really apreciate it.
    I Downloaded the pack of Snake's textures this morning, everything goes good so far, just for this detail:

Okay, I've tested it now and there weren't any problems.  Try deleting your pac and pcs and redownloading it, and if you still have this issue, could you post some pictures?

I got a picture of it.

I don't got problems with anything else.
    Thank You again, and good luck with this wonderful project.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: September 02, 2010, 01:10:20 PM »

Old Snake, the one you said it is better, gave me problems when trying to give him the Solid Eye, same glitch that Big Boss has now.

I wouldn't worry about giving that Old Snake texture the Solid Eye if it's giving you trouble. It's not like Old Snake always had it equipped.

I haven't tried the trophies yet. I'll let you know if there's any problems with them once I do.

Thanks for looking into fixing Pliskin's ears. Smiley

Hey EternalYoshi, have you looked into Snake's taunts using Tabuu yet?

P.S.: Anyone know of any good red texture hacks for Snake? I've only found Russian Sneaking Suit Snake, which only has a little red. Something similar to this would be good:

I know that looks similar to Snake's default red and black camo, but it's the best red design I can think of at the moment.

You mean like this?

Very Old. but this is the closest you will get to that camo now.

There's also Demoman, but that is also very old.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:19:19 PM by EternalYoshi » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: