Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 949 950 951 [952] 953 954 955 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3860978 times)
DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14265 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »

I'm just fortunate that I can modify model vertices without always having to rely on 3ds Max now.  However, I'll still keep hold of v0.67b for all the other stuff.
    lol
    I've still got every brbx since v0.63b,
    so don't feel like you're doing anything wrong by keeping a previous version. Wink

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14266 on: April 30, 2013, 11:41:23 PM »

Good to know. Thanks in advance for when you do that.

Alright, I managed to fix the translation control. Works perfectly in world coords all the time even if the bone is rotated.

Now I just have to fix the scale control.

Dafqu? I just saved a SZS file AND it's readable by SZS Modifier.... (Awesome)

BTW, The "Replace All" feature doesn't work. I exported the "course_model" brres folder, edited a texture, and re-imported the folder, and the edited texture did not get imported.

Then again,  it could just be my hardware. My hardware is 5 years old, and my computer is 4. (iMac 8,1)

I don't think the Replace All button will ever work. It used to work, then it broke, then I fixed it, and now it's broken again. >.>

anyone else get this:?

when saving a snapshot, sometimes the PNG will be entirely transparent.

I had to save take a snap like 5 or 6 times before it actually got it right...

also BJ...
    brbx doesn't seem to have an idle function :/
    or if it does, it's not using it...

another bug I get is the viewer doesn't always update for the frames of an animation...
    (I think that leads to the first bug)

- when clicking the frame arrows, the frame will go up, but the viewer will display the last frame, or anything drawn over the viewer (such as dialogs).
    - when playing a looped animation, the animation will play, but only displays the first frame in some loops.

If the image exports all black or all transparent, you gotta invalidate the control by doing something like moving the camera or just moving the mouse over the model window. I'm not too sure of why that happens, it seems that the framebuffer is disposed of at some point after rendering the view and then when OpenGL tries to capture the screen pixels, there's "nothing" there.

And those bug reports just sound like the model viewer froze. OpenTK does that sometimes and I have no clue why.

ok
    any possible solution?

nope

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14267 on: May 01, 2013, 06:03:08 AM »

I never even use the "Replace All" command, since I find that you're less likely to make mistakes when you replace one model or texture (especially the textures with palettes) at a time.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14268 on: May 01, 2013, 09:06:36 AM »

yea, moving the mouse over the viewer only works about half the time...

so TK is about as cruddy as SDL huh :/

actually I can't talk about SDL like that but for the fact that it disposes the GL context upon a video resize event. >_<
    (all display lists and settings need to be recalculated before you can draw again)

SDL has given me MUCH more control over the commands that can be used.
    ('.' does not equal a bunch of keys at once)
    I don't even have those commands without SDL or GLUT. ._.

so anyways...
    I could try to find some resources for you that could help you get around that freezing issue.

I'll need to email them to you as attachments though <_<
    (still can't copy links)
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:19:36 AM by DarkPika » Logged

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14269 on: May 01, 2013, 01:08:28 PM »

Alright, I managed to fix the translation control. Works perfectly in world coords all the time even if the bone is rotated.

That is incredibly good to hear.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14270 on: May 01, 2013, 01:24:58 PM »

I really love the REFF format! its awesome to make own particle effects <3

however, you said to me that the REFF rebuilder isn't quite done yet as I understood.

the things that are buggy: the name table mess up one you edit one reff.
    also, I want to turn one thing completely blue with the primary color on particle, however in game, something else gets blue and not the one I want! same thing if I turn everything blue! only some will turn blue and yet the rest isn't change :/ dont know if a bug or not :/

do you think more colors are inside the animation? example in range/key table?

really want to explore the animation!

Stupid Tinypic :C

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14271 on: May 01, 2013, 02:07:12 PM »

I dont know how REFF animations work yet so I didnt rebuild them (I just copy the raw data from the original to the rebuilt version). The rest of the rebuilder is finished.

Also, theres a minor problem. The enum that decides what to animate in the emitter or particle settings was changed from Brawl's version to a newer version. I only have the specs for the newer version, so I gotta go through tons of files to figure them all out.

And after that, I have to figure out how the various animation tables work.

For now you can just export the animation entries, hex edit them and replace them

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14272 on: May 01, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »

BJ I'm having a serious problem with v0.68
    I'm trying to get this little guy over Toon Link.

But this happens when I edit the model, like changing the visibility bones, or editing the materials.

He will work if I just replace the dae and do nothing to him.

Looks a hell of a lot nicer with the material edits doesn't he. Roll Eyes
    I haven't tried any other models, but seriously doubt that I did something in 3ds max that would cause this prob.

Any ideas? I haven't tried importing him with v0.67 yet, but even if it works with that version, unless I'm the only one who has had this prob, you need to figure out what's causing this. Im srs here If I'm the only one who has had this problem, then that's just my luck right there.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14273 on: May 01, 2013, 05:05:48 PM »

BJ I'm having a serious problem with v0.68
    I'm trying to get this little guy over Toon Link.

But this happens when I edit the model, like changing the visibility bones, or editing the materials.

He will work if I just replace the dae and do nothing to him.

Looks a hell of a lot nicer with the material edits doesn't he. Roll Eyes
    I haven't tried any other models, but seriously doubt that I did something in 3ds max that would cause this prob.

Any ideas? I haven't tried importing him with v0.67 yet, but even if it works with that version, unless I'm the only one who has had this prob, you need to figure out what's causing this. Im srs here If I'm the only one who has had this problem, then that's just my luck right there.
    ur not the only 1.. it does that to me too with stages, any material edit i do, it messed up the UV's, and also makes the polygons explode.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14274 on: May 01, 2013, 07:03:29 PM »

I dont know how REFF animations work yet so I didnt rebuild them (I just copy the raw data from the original to the rebuilt version). The rest of the rebuilder is finished.

Also, theres a minor problem. The enum that decides what to animate in the emitter or particle settings was changed from Brawl's version to a newer version. I only have the specs for the newer version, so I gotta go through tons of files to figure them all out.

And after that, I have to figure out how the various animation tables work.

For now you can just export the animation entries, hex edit them and replace them
    someone needz info from the 2.0 SDK methinks :3

whatchya need to know BJ??
    I mean, what file is it in, and where is it??

(I've still only scratched the surface as I havn't really looked at the entire SDK)
     ^ been too busy with UMC and other projects for UMC...
     as well as other GL stuff Tongue

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #14275 on: May 01, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »

ur not the only 1.. it does that to me too with stages, any material edit i do, it messed up the UV's, and also makes the polygons explode.
    Oh thank god because it worked with v0.67, BlackJax, I think you need to look into this prob because it's a serious one. Sad

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14276 on: May 01, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »

Oh thank god because it worked with v0.67, BlackJax, I think you need to look into this prob because it's a serious one. Sad

Relax, it sounds like you're about to have a heart attack.
    It's not that big of a deal, I'll fix it for v0.68b

someone needz info from the 2.0 SDK methinks :3

whatchya need to know BJ??
    I mean, what file is it in, and where is it??

(I've still only scratched the surface as I havn't really looked at the entire SDK)
     ^ been too busy with UMC and other projects for UMC...
     as well as other GL stuff Tongue

It's not in there

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14277 on: May 01, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »

It's not in there

O.o
    Say WHAAAT!?

that's odd ._.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #14278 on: May 01, 2013, 08:16:33 PM »

Well it's that a lot of times, I end up getting a problem that no one else gets, usually from my bad luck, and something like v0.68 messing up an import happening only to me would've just been wrong. Now unless you know how to fix it and it's easy to fix, I don't see how not being able to edit materials or visibility bones being not a big deal. Tongue Just sayin.

Snivy
    Supreme Kitten

H-hello.

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14279 on: May 01, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »

So I'm pretty sure that the wireframe overlay is a problem with the .NET framework.
    Because this is what I get at home:
    And this is what I get at school:

My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
    PM me your FC as well, K?
    In my Friend Safari:
    Pictures are from: http://www.pkparaiso.com
    My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
    I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Pages:  1 ... 949 950 951 [952] 953 954 955 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: