Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3914493 times)
ForOhFor Error
Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6825 on: November 15, 2011, 08:42:55 PM »

Talking about options related to textures, I thought about one the other day. Still, don't know if it would be of a real use, but I'm leaving it here:

- In a texturedata, a right-click option to 'clean' textures. This means, a quick check for the rest of the package to see which textures are used by all the models, and automatically deleting the unused textures.

- As a complementary option, a texture filler. This one would check the file for all the referenced textures that are not in the file, and would create them in a separate texturedata as 1x1 px black CMPR textures. This way you know if you lack some texture you're supposed to be using.

And another option would be a special 'export all' that would export the textures as tex0 files, and not png files, so they're untouched.

Oh, and the ability to move up/down the folders (textures(NW4R), anmchr(NW4R), etc) would be cool too. And even renaming them could be useful.
    If we could rename them, importing clr0s and such would practically be done.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6826 on: November 15, 2011, 10:39:17 PM »

So the metal material adder works, because I was able to give Nel (an already-MDL0 model) perfect metal materials that move with the screen n stuff. However, I couldn't save the file directly. I had to export the model and re-import it. Idrk why. Im srs here

Also, when I tried adding metal materials to Kit (a model import), the model was all black and the textures looked like they'd been thrown in a trash compactor and then applied to the model. Im srs here

Talking about options related to textures, I thought about one the other day. Still, don't know if it would be of a real use, but I'm leaving it here:

- In a texturedata, a right-click option to 'clean' textures. This means, a quick check for the rest of the package to see which textures are used by all the models, and automatically deleting the unused textures.

- As a complementary option, a texture filler. This one would check the file for all the referenced textures that are not in the file, and would create them in a separate texturedata as 1x1 px black CMPR textures. This way you know if you lack some texture you're supposed to be using.

And another option would be a special 'export all' that would export the textures as tex0 files, and not png files, so they're untouched.

Oh, and the ability to move up/down the folders (textures(NW4R), anmchr(NW4R), etc) would be cool too. And even renaming them could be useful.

I'll think about it.

Baoulettes
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6827 on: November 16, 2011, 03:05:15 AM »

BlackJax do you think add support for IK bone structure? Smiley

Because it would really be cool (for me at least I only know how to make bone structure like it ^^)

if you want i can provide some DAE of it (one that won't import at all and one that import but skeletton inverted in Z and Y ^^)

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6828 on: November 16, 2011, 10:07:35 AM »

Something else regarding textures. Is there a way to add new PAT0s to animations? I wanna add different facial expressions in some animations, but I'm limited by the amount that's originally there.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6829 on: November 16, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »

Same question as above, but for SRT0 and VIS0.

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container

« Reply #6830 on: November 16, 2011, 11:13:40 AM »

Is that Masaklo?  If not i guess now someone could fix that old Kid Goku port with this new Brawlbox. Finally.

Wait.....what?! No, sir, I am not Masaklo, i am Masal. My friends in Minecraft call me Mas, or Admin, if on my server. Nice to meet you.

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:
    Tcll:  I <3 69
    xxmasal22xx: Hey, you should probably go to the hop[censored]al
    BlackJax96: everything is so ROUND

[SPOILERED. Reason: Whole signature size must be under 250px.]

Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
    http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

« Reply #6831 on: November 16, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »

Something else regarding textures. Is there a way to add new PAT0s to animations? I wanna add different facial expressions in some animations, but I'm limited by the amount that's originally there.

Facial expressions are something that we're bound to want, after all this metal rage goes away >.>

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6832 on: November 16, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »

Hey can you add support for color nodes?

The models I'm dealing with have way too much polygons/objects to borrow another stage's nodes.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #6833 on: November 16, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »

Same question as above, but for SRT0 and VIS0.

There's a way, the way I import them.

Basically, you need to hex a brres file:

- Make an empty CHR0 animation in your brres
    - Save it and open it with an hex editor
    - Find the name of the character animation folder (AnmChr(NW4R))
    - Rename it to AnmClr(NW4R), AnmTexPat(NW4R) or whatever.
    - Find the CHR0 string related to the animation you created. Change it with CLR0, PAT0 or whatever.
    - Save, and get into brawlbox.
    - In brawlbox, you will get the correct folders with empty CLR0, PAT0, SRT0, etc files. Just import a valid file over the empty one, and save.

And that's it. I'm sure programming the importing for all these would be really easy. Still, while it's not supported, you can do this trick.

If you already have some working CHR0 node in your brres, just export it, and re-import it once you're done adding othertype nodes.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6834 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:10 PM »

Hello to you too Masa. Anyways,  Is Nulling Normals just a matter of replacing shaders in Brawlbox?
    Edit: and by this I mean just replacing them with characters that have null normals?
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:29:54 PM by mr.mugenwii » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6835 on: November 16, 2011, 04:38:37 PM »

- Find the CHR0 string related to the animation you created. Change it with CLR0, PAT0 or whatever.
    - In brawlbox, you will get the correct folders with empty CLR0, PAT0, SRT0, etc files. Just import a valid file over the empty one, and save.

And that's it. I'm sure programming the importing for all these would be really easy. Still, while it's not supported, you can do this trick.

If you already have some working CHR0 node in your brres, just export it, and re-import it once you're done adding othertype nodes.
    THIS! you saved me Cheesy
    will keep this in mind

Stupid Tinypic :C

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #6836 on: November 16, 2011, 04:39:29 PM »

Hello to you too Masa. Anyways,  Is Nulling Normals just a matter of replacing shaders in Brawlbox?
    Edit: and by this I mean just replacing them with characters that have null normals?

If your materials are set to Lambert, all you need to do is change their corresponding shader to Enviroment to null the normals.

Looking back at the characters that I nulled the normals by hexing editing their shaders, that's really all I changed and also explains why it didn't work on eye polygons since their materials generally had Enviroment materials.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6837 on: November 16, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »

If your materials are set to Lambert, all you need to do is change their corresponding shader to Enviroment to null the normals.

Looking back at the characters that I nulled the normals by hexing editing their shaders, that's really all I changed and also explains why it didn't work on eye polygons since their materials generally had Enviroment materials.
    WoW Thanks.  So would it be a good idea to rename this feature from "Enviroment" to "Null Normals" ?    
    Edit: Or add a null normal  feature? *points at blackjax*
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:14:48 PM by mr.mugenwii » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6838 on: November 16, 2011, 05:34:27 PM »

I'm not quite sure I understand, how do you find names in hex?

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #6839 on: November 16, 2011, 05:45:37 PM »

WoW Thanks.  So would it be a good idea to rename this feature from "Enviroment" to "Null Normals" ?    
    Edit: Or add a null normal  feature? *points at blackjax*

I think, it should be left ass "Environment," if I recall correctly the normals were nulled whenever the Type in the material and shader didn't match.

The normals are rendered fine if both the material and shader are set to Environment though.

Pages:  1 ... 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: