Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

January 26, 2014, 03:44:03 AM #1155 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:01:12 AM by Thethiala
Quote from: libertyernie on January 25, 2014, 06:50:31 PM
Good to know! I didn't see that line anywhere in the regular ISO builder, though.
I guess it depends on which ISO builder you use as a base, there's a few different ones by now. I used the one found here (Project_M_ISO_Builder_3-01_FULL). Not all the builders includes or uses smashbros_sound.brsar it seems.

It's been a breeze working with your expansion pack after I figured out the kinks though. Almost done making my own modifications. :)
http://i.imgur.com/qUyXCIq.jpg

January 26, 2014, 02:58:15 PM #1156 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:00:58 PM by libertyernie
Looks nice! Could you send me that Super Smash Land MenSelmapMark? It looks cooler than mine.

I've been playing around with the ASL code and some MenSelmapPreview stuff, trying to see what looks best. If I don't have any Prevbases, filesize won't be a problem! (I'm not going to do this for the CEP though.)

January 26, 2014, 09:06:11 PM #1157 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:10:53 PM by Thethiala
Quote from: libertyernie on January 26, 2014, 02:58:15 PM
Looks nice! Could you send me that Super Smash Land MenSelmapMark? It looks cooler than mine.
Sure thing! I made it myself, so it's a bit rough. I replaced MenSelmapMark.01. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxvp243e4jr2xd0/Super%20Smash%20Land.png

I noticed that you're the one who converted the Smash Land stages over to Brawl, do you know if I can somehow edit the camera to be fixed by default like on Flat Zone?

Quote from: Thethiala on January 26, 2014, 09:06:11 PM
Sure thing! I made it myself, so it's a bit rough. I replaced MenSelmapMark.01. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxvp243e4jr2xd0/Super%20Smash%20Land.png

I noticed that you're the one who converted the Smash Land stages over to Brawl, do you know if I can somehow edit the camera to be fixed by default like on Flat Zone?
I'm not sure. You could play in fixed camera mode if you like - I think I made sure those camera settings for the Smash Land stages were good.

There's a lot of stages where the songs don't have names in your pack, is that because of technical limitations of how many named songs there can be?

Sorry for asking all these questions all the time. :P

Heya libertyernie, I don't suppose you could help me out with the SSS coding?

I've been using the stage expansion template and this to make my own custom stage build. However, I most likely don't intend to have the full 78 stages and if I go over 24 stages on a single page (excluding the maxed out 39 per page), then the arrangement of the icons messes up horrifically - like this...

Is there anyway to fix this? Preferably, I would like to stick to the layout you have been using, so if there's a way of simply adding blank slots that aren't selectable that would work fine for me =]
Or alternatively, if you know a tutorial explaining how the code works so I can design my own layout, that would be great too ^-^

Great job on this pack! One question: On every stage that music is replaced on, I'm getting wonky music (such as the game playing sounds repeatedly). All I have is the newest Project M and this pack for it. Any ideas on how to fix this?
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

Quote from: Garry Moore™ on January 31, 2014, 11:35:58 PM
Great job on this pack! One question: On every stage that music is replaced on, I'm getting wonky music (such as the game playing sounds repeatedly). All I have is the newest Project M and this pack for it. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Restart the game.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on January 31, 2014, 11:52:06 PM
Restart the game.

Did that a few times. No difference. I'll have to try again later.
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

February 01, 2014, 10:24:43 PM #1164 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:42:11 PM by libertyernie
Quote from: Thethiala on January 29, 2014, 01:11:10 AM
There's a lot of stages where the songs don't have names in your pack, is that because of technical limitations of how many named songs there can be?

Sorry for asking all these questions all the time. :P
Essentially, yes. Some of the songs I'm replacing don't have names (for example, the "you just unlocked something" jingle.)

Quote from: Syvkal on January 29, 2014, 06:55:35 PM
Heya libertyernie, I don't suppose you could help me out with the SSS coding?

I've been using the stage expansion template and this to make my own custom stage build. However, I most likely don't intend to have the full 78 stages and if I go over 24 stages on a single page (excluding the maxed out 39 per page), then the arrangement of the icons messes up horrifically - like this...

Is there anyway to fix this? Preferably, I would like to stick to the layout you have been using, so if there's a way of simply adding blank slots that aren't selectable that would work fine for me =]
Or alternatively, if you know a tutorial explaining how the code works so I can design my own layout, that would be great too ^-^
The layout is tricky - it might be the one thing I don't have a program for ;) Next time I make a pack, I'll make sure the icon layouts look okay when there are fewer icons.
In the meantime, replace MenSelmapPos_TopN__0 (in sc_selmap_en > MiscData[80] > AnmChr(NW4R)) with the version from Project M; if that doesn't help, use the one from regular Brawl.

Quote from: Garry Moore™ on January 31, 2014, 11:35:58 PM
Great job on this pack! One question: On every stage that music is replaced on, I'm getting wonky music (such as the game playing sounds repeatedly). All I have is the newest Project M and this pack for it. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Maybe it's one of those things where the file gets fragmented. Sometimes I move the strm folder off of the SD card and put it back on, and that fixes it.

Quote from: libertyernie on February 01, 2014, 10:24:43 PMThe layout is tricky - it might be the one thing I don't have a program for ;) Next time I make a pack, I'll make sure the icon layouts look okay when there are fewer icons.
In the meantime, replace MenSelmapPos_TopN__0 (in sc_selmap_en > MiscData[80] > AnmChr(NW4R)) with the version from Project M; if that doesn't help, use the one from regular Brawl.

No worries ^-^ I look forward to your next pack ;)
I tried what you said, the PM one doesn't help, but the vBrawl one does the trick... although in a very messy ugly order :P
I'll have a look into that AnmChr in further detail at some point, see if I can make my own =]

I think I'm going to resort to having one page entirely filled and the other page with no additional stages... though I'm going to have to find/make some more stages to fill the extra spots xD

Thanks for the help and thanks for replying :D

February 06, 2014, 12:28:09 AM #1166 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:37:35 AM by rekameohs
I'm feeling like a bit of a dolt here, but I'm having issues replacing the stages from this pack. For example, I wanted to replace Rumble Falls (aka STGCUSTOM05.pac) with a much better stage. I want to replace it with this Bowser's Castle stage, but it crashes when I attempt to do so. My belief was that I had to replace the file "st_custom05.rel" in the modules folder, and replace the "STGCUSTOM05.pac" in the stage/melee folder with the files in that download, renaming both obviously. It still crashes when I do this, so if I could have some guidance, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, so if I could have a nudge in the right direction, that'd be great. This is on Project M version 3.02 by the way.

Thanks!

EDIT: D'oh, I figured it out. Just had to use a Mario Circuit .rel file instead of the one provided, which was for Mario Circuit on Rainbow Cruise. Figures that I find it out just after I cave in and make an account to ask this question!

February 09, 2014, 11:12:48 PM #1167 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:02:19 AM by libertyernie


I put together a "new" pack a couple weeks ago. I call it the Unreasonably Complex Expansion Pack; it adds the Alternate Stage Loader to the CEP in order to make room for not just everything in the CEP, but also all of the Brawl- 2.x.6, Brawl- 3.0, and Project M 3.0 stages! Plus a couple extras. I also used it as a way to try some new things with the MenSelmapPreview.mdl0 - filesize isn't an issue when there are no Prevbase pictures :P
Unreasonably Complex Expansion Pack.7z - 175 MB

That pack also has an EXE program in it that generates those super-big FrontStnames for you.

Plus, I updated the regular CEP for Project M so if you use less icons than 39 per screen, it still looks okay. AND it has an updated Kongo Jungle Melee :)

Quote from: libertyernie on January 13, 2014, 03:12:24 AM
Sounds like you have the right GCT, but you don't have the right common5 or the stage .pac/.rel files (the pacs and/or rels are missing.)

Sorry, could you explain how I might be able to fix the problem? I'm not so savvy on all of this and I read the instructions back and forth trying to find a solution, to no avail. Thanks.

Quote from: libertyernie on February 09, 2014, 11:12:48 PMPlus, I updated the regular CEP for Project M so if you use less icons than 39 per screen, it still looks okay. AND it has an updated Kongo Jungle Melee :)

Loving the new layout for less than 39 icons. It's not quite perfect, being aligned to the right instead of centred, but asking for anything more would be unreasonable :P
However, I will say that when the rows are full (with 8 or 5 per row) it definitely looks beautifully perfect =]

I'm probably going to put 34 or 29 on the second screen and shuffle some others onto the first one. Thanks so much for the update :D

Could I also just ask, what have you updated with the Melee Kongo Jungle?