Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 47
Author Topic: Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team  (Read 203959 times)
HaloedHero
Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector >9000 Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #480 on: August 26, 2011, 07:47:56 PM »

Feedback about balancing always makes me chuckle a little, because my movesets always have kind of a split personality, because I'm a long time melee player. I feel like my movesets always wind up somewhere in between being balanced appropriately for Brawl and Melee.

But yes, the F air is too deadly. It wasn't so bad when the rest of his moveset wasn't as well balanced, but now it seems kind of obviously unfair, and it would suck for most of his moveset to be underpowered just to make up for an overpowered f air.

As for the neutral air, the set momentum boost was something I struggled with. When I tried it with adding momentum instead of setting, it was never quite right. I may make it so that you can't cancel it with itself. I think that would solve the problem.

There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #481 on: August 26, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »

if only he could be ported to peach. or diddy or another useless character

Peach is amazing (at least in minus). With Etna and Konata over her I would never have someone ported to her.

Also I personally like how Scott is kinda heavier than most other people his size. It feels more like the game, and makes him different.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #482 on: August 26, 2011, 08:00:27 PM »

I wanted him to be a fast, up close physical fighter like Fox and sheik with the uniqueness coming in on his specials and the little graphic/sound flourishes.

Dot
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #483 on: August 26, 2011, 08:07:28 PM »

i cant wait until all the extra textures are added

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
    PM if you add?

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #484 on: August 26, 2011, 09:58:45 PM »

Well Scott's jumps aren't that low, and he has a very high air speed.  This coupled with his N Air for horizontal recovery thanks to its bouncing as well as his Side B or Up Bs his recovery his overall very solid. [...]
    His moveset is fine as is, but it would feel more natural for him to have a slightly higher second jump.
    Mario has the same height jump and up b, but is more floaty, so his aerial aspects are  virtually balanced out. (I still think vBrawl should have given him a higher up-b so he wouldn't suicide upon chasing after recovering characters).
    Fox has higher jumps, but falls faster, so he balances out as well.

Scott Pilgrim currently falls fast, not as fast as fox, but still fast; additionally, his jumping is low for a fast character.
    Either his up-b should be higher, or his second jump should be. The second jump would be better, so it would benefit his aerial game (and you wouldn't have to edit the original up-b's of the other three characters).
    I'm not saying his second jump should be 2 times as high, or even 1.5 as high. I'm only saying that it should be slightly higher. Like half-the-height-of-a-crate higher. Or even a third of a crate.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #485 on: August 27, 2011, 01:49:25 AM »

I see what you mean.  I see nothing wrong with a slightly higher jump, but I just don't feel it's necessary because both his recovery and aerial game are good as they are.  Not to mention, as I said before, his air speed is amazing.  Far, far, FAR better than Fox's air speed.  It's probably more around Wolf's air speed.  Characters with high air speed are usually balanced out by having some sort of con.  For Wolf and Falcon, it's fast fall speed and low air mobility.  For Jiggs and Yoshi, it's the lack of an Up B.  Only real exceptions are Wario and Sonic.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #486 on: August 27, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm going to try to get a blog-postable version out today. Really, he's pretty much done except for his other taunts, but I'll get them done later at my convenience. Otherwise, he's in good shape.

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #487 on: August 27, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »

If the taunts are all that's left, I could animate them. I just need to know what I'm making. Yet again, I don't have my computer yet. I'll get it back soon enough, though.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #488 on: August 27, 2011, 10:40:12 AM »

Well, I just did a quick side taunt, and the animation for the down taunt is like half finished, but I'm going to animate it at work next week, because my home computer doesn't play the animations at an accurate speed, and I want it to come out nice. The side taunt I just did was originally meant to be temporary, but I think I'm going to keep it.

As for balancing on the f air, the reason the sweet spot was too easy to hit with was the hitbox order. Now you have to hit with the tip of the foot to activate the sweet spot. Turns out that the angle was already 0 (which made it look like a downward angle, because the opponent's vertical speed declines very rapidly with an angle of 0), so I boosted it to five, just to give it a little less downward speed, but I think making it harder to hit with works nicely.

All of the PSA alterations are done for now. I just have to put the pack together and make some videos and whatever.

Tetsuokame
    Advanced Kitten

Sex Bob-Omb: Makes you sad and stuff ^^

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #489 on: August 27, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »

a
    Well, I just did a quick side taunt, and the animation for the down taunt is like half finished, but I'm going to animate it at work next week, because my home computer doesn't play the animations at an accurate speed, and I want it to come out nice. The side taunt I just did was originally meant to be temporary, but I think I'm going to keep it.

As for balancing on the f air, the reason the sweet spot was too easy to hit with was the hitbox order. Now you have to hit with the tip of the foot to activate the sweet spot. Turns out that the angle was already 0 (which made it look like a downward angle, because the opponent's vertical speed declines very rapidly with an angle of 0), so I boosted it to five, just to give it a little less downward speed, but I think making it harder to hit with works nicely.

All of the PSA alterations are done for now. I just have to put the pack together and make some videos and whatever.

awesome man cant wait for this. really amazing job Wink

Ryuu Seika
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #490 on: August 27, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »

Most of Scott's moves feel like they're riped straight from other characters. It makes sense, being the video game enthusiast that he is but still...

Also, he's a really hard character to pick up. I don't think he's bad, just takes a lot more effort to learn than most and his air guarding game is practically suicide.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #491 on: August 27, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »

I

herd

u

liek

SAMMICHES

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0pfuUUNsk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0pfuUUNsk</a>

Oh and reviews too Tongue

Also, there are two other nitpicks/recommendations I forgot to say in the video:

1) For the REVERSAL text, what bone did you attach it to?  I personally think it should be attached to bone 0 and moved via offsetting.  This way, the graphic won't do any weird movements or rotations when Scott uses it (it kinda moves a bit at the moment)

2) I think the D Smash should have weaker lingering hitboxes for later on in the move.  15% the whole way through seems a bit unrealistic.

However, these are but nitpicks.  As you can tell from the review, I love this PSA like a child :3
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:33:03 PM by SiLeNtDo0m » Logged

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #492 on: August 27, 2011, 01:02:48 PM »

Nice! The video review is awesome. It's nice to hear that I got my point across in terms of wanting to keep him accurate to the comics, movie, and games while referencing a bunch of stuff and still making him unique and fun. Thank you!

Also, the reversal text is attached to bone 0 already. I think there's something weird with the graphic effect that tells it to follow the rotation of his left hand no matter what bone it's attached to, because it's placed over the psi magnet.

As far as the d-smash, yeah, you're right. Although, I may give them more base knockback to compensate for degraded damage.

(Also, I'd like to point out that the run animation was heavily edited from yours. I mean, I cleared 2/3 of the frames and almost completely redid the ones that I left. lol.)

Edit: Also, what codeset was that? Don't think I didn't notice the dash dancing, momentum capture, and what I think was some crouch canceling. Smiley. Project M?
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:04:18 PM by haloedhero » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #493 on: August 27, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »

O_o
    So THAT'S how you use the Down-B. I thought it was useless.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #494 on: August 27, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »

Haha, I lied about the PSA alterations being done. NOW they're done. I made the neutral air unable to cancel into itself, and in return gave it more of an upward boost, since now you can't use it repeatedly.

Is that how it should be, or should I leave it like it was?

Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 47
    Print
    Jump to: