Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1004756 times)
SJS
Clastic Sandtastic
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1935 on: March 26, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »

You're the one who jumped into the argument before any conclusion or kind of deliberation was taken by your team.
    So don't blame me for the fires you've started yourself, dude.

Now, feel free to either keep arguing with me, or coming up with a reasonnable collegial decisions.

I don't ever recall arguing or starting fires. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else? Regardless, you keep making these statements, yet I doubt you have even talked with StarWaffle. I backed his decisions about the Facebook banner and feed (which apparently makes me a terrible, mindless person with a "KC:MM phobia") No need to throw my name and Star's name around like we're a couple of ungrateful troublemakers, because I'm not the only one who agrees with Star. Italian agrees with Star. The other active, "shyer" members I had a chance to speak with agree with Star. The only member who has shown a public disagreement with Star's action is Beyond. I recently took the time to ask some of them about the issue and its circumstances. Did you?

*sigh* Fine. "You can't save everyone", huh?

We'll do as they ask as soon as we know exactly what they want removed out of these:
    - FB feed.
    - Blog Front page feed.
    - Direct link on the blog.
    (- Their topics and BV galleries on here.)

I can't answer that for Star, but I can easy point you in the logical direction. He clearly asked to have only the Facebook feed removed. Here's a link just in case you missed it. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg862804#msg862804

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1936 on: March 26, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »

I recently took the time to ask some of them about the issue and its circumstances. Did you?

Why would I go out of my way just to do your job? oô
    Without Star ever being online, it's not like I even have lots of opportunities, do I?

I only really talked with Italian a bit, about that whole problem.

But again, that's something you or Star should be taking care of. Or any other LST user.
    Not me.

He clearly asked to have only the Facebook feed removed. Here's a link just in case you missed it. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg862804#msg862804

If he had "clearly asked", I wouldn't be wasting my time asking about it. >_>
    could you guys be so kind to take us off your feed <= I don't see any adjective to qualify what feed he's talking about.
    (Not to mention the whole "Why would we do that ? You've taken down the feed yourself...".)

Also, something else: we can't remove you guys from the FB page without removing you from the blog. We just can't. So knowing that, you guys will have to make a choice. It's either all the pageviews or none.

Just to make it more clear: nothing will be done until StarWaffle comes here and tells us what LST wants.
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:10:43 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1937 on: March 26, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »

Remind me how Star's initial question had anything to do with him, considering jokekid isn't affiliated with LST either?

Stop being elitist. Anyone can post as long as something useful is contributed.

And since when is this all about LST? This is about a banner, which has hacks from team members other than KCMM. If other teams, or people in no team who's hack is on that banner, without being credit, have no word or say on it, then it's not my [censored]ing concern.

IS jumped to a completely wrong conclusion and started getting all mad about it. Pride pointed out his mistake before anything got out of hand. It could have been phrased better, but it contributed. There was more to the post than that one sentence.

Is all you ever do bust my balls? In every [censored]ing occasion, I'm wrong, even if you got a guy who has no business in this, again, talk [censored] to me, you still find a way to bust my balls.

Find some hobbies or something. Administrating a forum that you don't give a [censored] about, as you claim, is not a good idea. Specially since you're angry at the world all day, it's ridiculous to me.

I'll be damned if I'm gonna work a 14 hour shift, and come back to read some constant, disrespectful [censored] like that.

I've already discussed this with Miacis, and will continue the discussion with my team members. I will not let a comment by someone who not only has no business in this, but has been my friend I thought was my friend for over two years, get to me. Specially when they know I have no patience for [censored], and they're just trying to push my buttons to get the worse out of me, because they're that bored.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1938 on: March 26, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »

Bleh... I can't really believe you're saying Pride's comment is contributing to this.
    IS jumped to a completely wrong conclusion and started getting all mad about it. Pride pointed out his mistake before anything got out of hand. It could have been phrased better, but it contributed. There was more to the post than that one sentence.
    Actually, Miacis adding:
    (- Their topics and BV galleries on here.)
    That line to that comment was a move made knowing they never meant to add their threads to the table as addressed here:
    Because if having the name "Kitty Corp Meowmix" written somewhere above their hacks is hurting SJS's and Star's feelings so much, then they should really consider fleeing from KCMM altogether, and thus avoid any unnecessary heart attack risks.
    Staying on this website is heavily unadvised for the health of people suffering from such a KCMM phobia that they would take down their own RSS Flux just to prove a point.
    Enzo didn't jump to a wrong conclusion, he just saw Miacis added that line with that purpose, 'cause, again, it was obvious that's why it was added: (To make it clear they're exaggerating on their motive to take off the RSS and "maybe" they'd also want the rest gone, too). This really didn't need Pride to come up with a smart ass comment in reply to Enzo's and you saying it contributed to this, 'cause, really, I don't see how it did back when I posted and even now.
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:43:59 PM by Albafika » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1939 on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »

Ok, guys.
    We've entered the domain of the meta-debate, which means you guys are talking about what the other guys are talking about. Debating about the debate, instead of the actual "issue".

Could we stop that, please? Because it's really not getting anywhere.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1940 on: March 28, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »

Well [censored]. Maybe i took that too far. Im in the hospital atm (and have been since my last post) on my cell phone so i cant really reply as i want to atm. Ill be home tomorrow or the next day, see ya then.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1941 on: March 28, 2012, 05:27:57 AM »

No problem man. It's not like it's an urgent problem. (I think.)

Hope you get better soon.  Smiley

HaxMax
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1942 on: March 28, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »

Dear Administrators/Moderators,
                                 What I did in the past, was wrong. I didn't mean to do it on purpose. I misunderstood what you people meant by plagarize. I didn't know that porting stages was plagarism. I saw some character porting so I got confused and thought I should do some stage porting. I will quote one thing. "I am a really nice person and I never do anything bad in the vault." If you want proof ask "calikingz01", "Leon Exodio", "Mewtwo2000" and etc.
    Please PM me if you will unbanned me from posting hacks.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1943 on: March 28, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »

Dear jasonvalle22,
                       It is already the third time you post that specific post. In case you didn't notice, you were politely suggested to post that in the Moderation Corner instead. Maybe this inability to actually read answers might prove a challenging issue in the future. And thus I suggest addressing it as soon as possible.
    As for your request, I guess I'll go and ask the BV Supervisors about it, since they should be the ones most concerned by that issue.

You can stop copy-pasting your post now.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

« Reply #1944 on: March 29, 2012, 01:23:53 AM »

K I suck at posting so this may be scattered and random. sorry.

Here is how this whole thing should have went:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg855756#msg855756

And this is how it should not of went *points at last 4 pages*

I started this whole thing w.o really talking to the team so I'll just take back everything I said. Don't remove us from anything and whatnot, We'll have a team meeting about stuff eventually in the future and will let you know if anything changes. Thanks to those who backed me up, While my posts were exaggerated, they weren't without reason... Just went about it the wrong way.

Sorry for the drama, I just got butthurt because of the initial trolling/provoking of vyse. It was clear he was baiting me and I should not of fallen for it.  It was like going to a baseball game and asking one of the players why he cares about this "team" stuff and that it really isn't a big deal.

and for the record, My thread was never brought back to KC-MM.
    --------------------------------------

So yeah anyways. My problem with the facebook page was probably the branding issue, Not being able to see clearly that some stuff came from LST/ IST ect. I mean yes once you click it it brings you to our blog but no where on the FB page do you see LST.  Why does it matter what team it came from? a hack is a hack!  Well The way I see it... ummm let me quote something from our blog
    "Hello, We are the Legendary Smash Team.
    A Non-Profit Super Smash Bros. Brawl modding Team.
    We aim to provide everyone with a collection of consistently well made and reliable mods."
    With over 20,000 hacks in the vault there should be some way to prune out well made and reliable mods (Download counts aren't all that accurate) Being on The Legendary Smash Team makes me want to make better mods, put more time into things, double check that things work! provide information on if it desyncs and why. I'm sure being part of any team encourages people to do better. Being branded "Brawl-Vault" dosn't really say that much, it just says its a hack.

Every team puts its hacks on BrawlVault. A user would have to go to BrawlVault to get the hack, and then they would know who made it and what team the hacker is on, regardless of whether it's KC:MM or IST or what have you.

It doesn't matter. Everything's equal on BV. That's how it's always been.

Simple. I don't have any idea which team came up with what.

If an administrator of the site, who knows how everything works, Doesn't even notice which hack came from which team. Then how can I expect everyday users to notice? 

Can we somehow implement a more prominent way to distinguish which hacks come from where. A way to pick out good hacks rather than top downloaded or newly added?  How about a color coated system?  LST brawlvault entries show up with an aqua colored background?  idk just throwing stuff out there.

It won't fix the FB feeds, but we can just add LSTeam to our titles since we use images anyways.

I probably missed some stuff sorry.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1945 on: March 29, 2012, 02:35:48 AM »

Okay, so this whole argument was basically initiated by a disagreement we have about the concept of teams.
    Vyse and I personnally believe that the community isn't vast enough to really afford such divisions. It's not like baseball where there is not only a huuuge amount of people involved, but also a geographic meaning in "teams". (Not to mention baseball is a team-based game. But team-based projects here are fairly rare.)
    But I guess I can understand your own point of view about the "pride of the team" (even though I don't agree with the concept).

Anyways, ideological debates aside, let's see what we can do about your problem.

My problem with the facebook page was probably the branding issue, Not being able to see clearly that some stuff came from LST/ IST ect.
    (Did I already mention that ...? Can't remember.)
    We don't really have any means to improve the visibility of each team hack on the FB page. The RSS interface there doesn't allow such levels of customisation.
    I mean, it's an RSS-based FaceBook page. We can't really do a whole lot of custom stuff there. At best, we could add more infos about the featured teams in general, in the "About" front text. But we can't do a clear-cut separation like there is on the blog.

Can we somehow implement a more prominent way to distinguish which hacks come from where. A way to pick out good hacks rather than top downloaded or newly added?  How about a color coated system?  LST brawlvault entries show up with an aqua colored background?  idk just throwing stuff out there.
    Mmmh ... probably not a a color-coating system, no. I may have a better, less sight-annoying idea. (BV is gonna be one hell of a rainbow if other teams start to ask the same thing...)
    But it will depend on picano's time and motivation. And on how fast Jack H will move us, because in case it wasn't obvious, stuff like that will NOT happen until we've moved and are settled properly...

PS: Are you going to restore your RSS feed?
    « Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:41:37 AM by Miacis » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1946 on: March 29, 2012, 03:14:45 AM »

Sorry for the drama, I just got butthurt because of the initial trolling/provoking of vyse. It was clear he was baiting me and I should not of fallen for it.
    No, I really wasn't. It was a legitimate question. People always assume I'm trying to provoke an argument or whatever, but sometimes my questions are genuine. I think if you look at my post without assuming beforehand that I'm being rude, you'll see the truth of that.

I don't understand why people retreat into these hostile, defensive shells whenever they're asked to explain their beliefs. Is it insecurity? I don't get it.

Well, for what it's worth, I apologize for the misinterpretation. (Don't go assuming that's sarcastic or whatever, too, because it's not.)

It was like going to a baseball game and asking one of the players why he cares about this "team" stuff and that it really isn't a big deal.
    I'd do that. I don't "get" sports, either. The university from which I'll soon be graduating has won two national football championships since I started attending, and I just... don't care. What's the big deal.

Can we somehow implement a more prominent way to distinguish which hacks come from where. A way to pick out good hacks rather than top downloaded or newly added?
    From the day I created it back on Proboards, the Kitty Corp. Gallery (and its current form, BrawlVault) has always been about equality. The entire community's hacks are showcased equally, without any bias. Sorting hacks by downloads isn't meant to provide any indicator of quality, but many people erroneously use it that way.

Color-coding or doing anything else to make some hacks stand out would contradict everything we've been saying in the past few pages about how the community is bigger and more important than team divisions. I don't see it happening.

If an administrator of the site, who knows how everything works, Doesn't even notice which hack came from which team. Then how can I expect everyday users to notice?
    To be fair, the "average user" would most likely be more interested in that sort of information than Jack was.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

« Reply #1947 on: March 30, 2012, 06:26:51 AM »

I don't understand why people retreat into these hostile, defensive shells whenever they're asked to explain their beliefs. Is it insecurity? I don't get it.
    Since this was sandwhiched between two comments directed at me directly under a quote from me, I'm going to assume this is directed at me too. If I am misinterpretating your words again, please disregard my question.

I never went into a defensive hostile shell when asked about my beliefs. I'd like to know why you thought I did? So maybe in the future I can avoid looking like i'm in a defensive hostile shell.  I can see the defensive part (lolthispost).  But when someone attacks my beleif, i like to defend it.

(attack is too strong of a word for what you did, but I couldn't resist saying the attack/defend thing)

Well, for what it's worth, I apologize for the misinterpretation. (Don't go assuming that's sarcastic or whatever, too, because it's not.)
    Are you sorry about your misinterpretation when writing your initial response/question? Or are you sorry about my misinterpretation when reading it?

I'd do that. I don't "get" sports, either. The university from which I'll soon be graduating has won two national football championships since I started attending, and I just... don't care. What's the big deal.
    So would it be a fair assumption that you would be in no way interested to be an administrator on a baseball team forum? If you would be interested in it please disregard my following question.

Why are you still an administrator on a brawl hacking team forum?

From the day I created it back on Proboards, the Kitty Corp. Gallery (and its current form, BrawlVault) has always been about equality. The entire community's hacks are showcased equally, without any bias. Sorting hacks by downloads isn't meant to provide any indicator of quality, but many people erroneously use it that way.
    Okay I understand the whole equality thing.
    But adding an LST pin or something beside the string of info/images already displayed in each brawl vault entry could also be seen as just another stat.  This hack is wifi-safe, This hack is made by LST, This hack has 9,001 downloads. They can all be seen as stats but they can also be seen as indicators of quality.  Why can't we have an LSTpin on brawlvault entries that are made by people on LST.

Color-coding or doing anything else to make some hacks stand out would contradict everything we've been saying in the past few pages about how the community is bigger and more important than team divisions. I don't see it happening.
    I don't really see the color coting thing happening either it would be a headache to look at.

To be fair, the "average user" would most likely be more interested in that sort of information than Jack was.
    After he finished adding all his hacks/KC-MM hacks to the banner, he became the "average user." Searching through the vault for cool looking hacks and he clearly didn't notice which hacks came from which team, I just want a better way to say something was made by LST that more people will notice when browsing.

I hope no one asumes I am trying to provoke anyone or start another argument here, because I'm not. These are genuine question that I'd like to be answered.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1948 on: March 30, 2012, 07:20:59 AM »

star, ur getting way too elitist...

brawlvault is there for equality, and making that pin, wouldnt be just another stat, but it would kinda ruin the equality... since it would be assuming it's a good hack just because someone from LST made it... im not saying that your hacks are bad, im saying that your ego is a bit too high...

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #1949 on: March 30, 2012, 07:53:27 AM »

*Enters and reads*

I want to say some thingies, even if people don't like them...

About the pin and the equalty... Well, it's true that it would affect the equalty, specially if the search would include some filter for pin-only items. But that wouldn't happen, right? Also, with no pin, people can simulate a pin in their pictures. Or write the team name in the comment. Mostly the same as the pin thing. So, I guess who should decide about these matters would be the 'average users'.

Talking about the 'average users' and Jack H, and that facebook header. I've not read everything said about this, I don't really know the opinions of everybody here... But what I'm sure is that I'm in that team for a long time now, and no hack of mine is in there. The 'ruler' of this site, which intends to be the site of all the hacks related to brawl, doesn't seem to even know about the people in the site team, who posts, who doesn't, which ones are the other teams, etc.

I'm nearly the only one posting stuff yet in kcmm team which is not bad quality, self advertising, hack-less or team-shared. And there's no stage, no character in that picture that's made by me in the last months. Sorry if you don't like what I'm gonna say, but I think this is pathetic. Pathetic for the site, and pathetic for myself.

Also, I don't guess I would be happy if my stuff were clearly included in another team which is not mine, in a way that apparently claims them as theirs. I'm a part of this team, yet I'm thinking this, so what will people in other teams, average users, or no-team hackers be thinking about it?

I don't like what I see, and that's all I have to say about this. Unless anybody wants to discuss with me about it.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to:  

Database Error
    Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
    Back