Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19
Author Topic: libertyernie: Looping Audio Converter 2.0.0 rc1  (Read 155129 times)
Strange Matter
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #195 on: February 24, 2015, 09:14:36 PM »

A bit of an issue with Stage Manager. After taking a fresh sc_selmap and using the "prepare sc_selmap.pac for expansion stages" option, the Smash symbol (menselchrmark.20) appears when highlighting the random button on the SSS. I was able to fix this in the past but I cannot for the life of me remember how.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #196 on: February 25, 2015, 08:11:06 PM »

A bit of an issue with Stage Manager. After taking a fresh sc_selmap and using the "prepare sc_selmap.pac for expansion stages" option, the Smash symbol (menselchrmark.20) appears when highlighting the random button on the SSS. I was able to fix this in the past but I cannot for the life of me remember how.
    I think the random icon corresponds to a certain FrameIndex in the PAT0 entries, just like the icons do. I wonder if it's at 101 or 102. I know 100 is the Menu icon in My Music.
    Try going to MiscData[80]/AnmTexPat(NW4R)/MenSelmapPreview/lambert113/Texture0 and adding an entry (right-click on Texture0). Set its FrameIndex to 101 and Texture to MenSelchrMark.00.

BlackhawkXIII
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #197 on: February 25, 2015, 09:25:48 PM »

I may be having a few compatibility issues with the song manager. If that isn't the case, I may just not know what I'm doing. I've tried using the Song Editor to change my song volumes but it has no effect. Saving doesn't do anything, so when I exit the program (and even tell it to save the GCT then) the next time I open up my build all of the changes are gone. I tried doing an export/import to change the volumes, but that doesn't work for me because it overrides my current codeset which is needed for Lakora's stage expansion mod. Any suggestions? The various quiet songs are really a bummer.

Thanks for the help.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:26:52 PM by BlackhawkXIII » Logged

NFreak
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #198 on: February 27, 2015, 08:32:42 AM »

I may be having a few compatibility issues with the song manager. If that isn't the case, I may just not know what I'm doing. I've tried using the Song Editor to change my song volumes but it has no effect. Saving doesn't do anything, so when I exit the program (and even tell it to save the GCT then) the next time I open up my build all of the changes are gone. I tried doing an export/import to change the volumes, but that doesn't work for me because it overrides my current codeset which is needed for Lakora's stage expansion mod. Any suggestions? The various quiet songs are really a bummer.

Thanks for the help.
    I have the exact same problem. It actually seems to corrupt the GCT. Editing volumes, saving the GCT, then closing the program and reopening the same directory gives a bunch of weird errors (I can get screenshots/output if requested). When reopened, I can't add or remove volume change codes for any track and every track is stuck at the default volume.

I'm working with PM 3.5. I haven't tried this with default Brawl stuff and don't plan on it.

EDIT: So I just tried modifying a blank codeset with the song manager. It doesn't actually seem to save any codes to the GCT, the file was always blank even after choosing to save it from within the program.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:58:38 AM by NFreak » Logged

BlackhawkXIII
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #199 on: March 07, 2015, 02:43:11 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one having the problem, though it doesn't seem like there's a solution yet. I've really been wanting to work on my custom project M build but this has held me back quite a bit. Still, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the editor programs in the first place, so I'm really really grateful for them; it's just come down to polishing the last details for my build now, so stuff like being able to change the volume for stages is becoming pretty important.

JohnTravolski
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #200 on: April 07, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »

As we know, BRSTMs (.brstm) are files that the Wii and other game systems use to LOOP music.  I am trying to use this fact to achieve the following:
    Basically, I need to come up with some way to massively export two files from one BRSTM file, because I’m going to be doing this with thousands of them.  I need some kind of application that will do the following, in order:
    1.      Be able to read a BRSTM and use the loop points embedded into the file to achieve the following:
    2.      Export one wave file (.wav) that starts at 0 samples (or 0:00 in time) and ends at the end loop point (also known as the total number of samples, last sample before the song starts over again)
    3.      Export one wave file (.wav) that starts at the starting loop point (which usually isn't 0 samples, for example, it might be 14336 samples or some other number) and ends at the same end loop point as mentioned above.

I could just cut off all of these points to make the files in Adobe Audition, but the problem is that I need to be able to do this for THOUSANDS of files, and doing it manually isn't reasonable.  Since these perfect loop point numbers are embedded into BRSTM files, I basically just need some application that can read these numbers and use them as reference points to export the BRSTM music as two wave files, starting from 0:00 to the end loop point and one wave file starting from the start loop point to the end loop point.

Here’s an example of what I’m trying to accomplish:

As you can see from the picture, I have two files: Space Pirates Attack_01 and Space Pirates Attack_02.  Looking, you can see that 01 is much longer and is different than 02; this is because it includes the introduction, prelude, or whatever you want to call it, and goes to the music that ISN'T included in the loop point.  Then, where you see the white line, I have my second file, 02.  This cuts off the intro and starts the start loop point, a number that is embedded into the BRSTM file.  Then it ends at the same end loop point as 01, and the third file you see is 02 over again so that I can continually loop it.  When I listened to it, it looped and played back flawlessly.

As you can see, this has massive benefits for me; I can extended music easily to whatever length I want without having to have 30 minute extended files for each (which is what I used to do by downloading the extended versions from YouTube).  This saves file space, increases the quality, and offers more potential since I just have to copy and paste 02 over and over again to extend the music to whatever duration I want.  The question is, how can I obtain these two files quickly and easily without have to go through and cut out at the sample times manually?  I need to create some kind of application that can do that, since the start and end times for every BRSTM are different.
    Does anybody have any ideas?  If I can figure out how to do this automatically for many files at a time, this will have massive benefits for me and other people that I know.

However, this is how the .BRSTM converter currently exports BRSTM files:

I know that its code is open source, so I could change it to accomplish what I'm looking for, but the problem is that I have no idea what to change.  I don't expect you to make an update that can allow this since I'm probably the only person on Earth looking for something this specific, but I need some direction to figure out how to accomplish this since I know nothing about coding.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:04:21 PM by JohnTravolski » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #201 on: April 08, 2015, 01:32:15 AM »

Why don't you simply listen to BRSTM music on BrawlBox?

Unless you want to put them on an iPod or write it to a CD, there is absolutely no need to export thousands of continuously looped BRSTM to .wavs. It just makes no sense...

Even if you WANT to do so, the whole point of a continuously looped song is to listen to the same song over and over, not a playlist with thousands of it.

Just saying...

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

JohnTravolski
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #202 on: April 08, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »

I'm not exporting thousands of the files; only two for every .brstm file.  Each .brstm file I'm going to use has different music, you know...

And I'm not listening directly to these at all; I need to use these files in my video editors.  If you don't make videos or narrations, it's probably hard to understand, but I'm trying to achieve this specific goal for a reason.  I repeat the same file in the timeline so that it loops continuously in the narration.  I just need help accomplishing my goal above.
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:04:35 PM by JohnTravolski » Logged

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #203 on: April 08, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »

Or just do what I do: Export from BrawlBox and edit to fit.

JohnTravolski
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #204 on: April 08, 2015, 03:40:15 PM »

That's what I was considering, but the point is that I'm going to be doing this for so many different songs that it simply isn't reasonable for me.  Plus, if it's done automatically, that'll save countless time for me in the future.  I know that making this change to the coding can't be TOO difficult, but I just have to talk to the right people to figure it out in the first place since I know nothing about coding.  Even though I'm basically worthless in regards of knowing what to do or even having a fundamental knowledge, I refuse to give up until I find some way to export these files the way I'm desiring.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #205 on: April 26, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »

I updated the manager apps. I fixed bugs in Song Manager and SSS Editor that could corrupt a GCT by adding codes after the footer, and I compiled everything for x86 (maybe this will help, not sure.)

I don't think it would be hard to write a separate program to extract two WAV files for a BRSTM (before loop + after loop, or whole thing + after loop) - maybe I can look into it later this week. I'd need to look into cutting a WAV in pieces by sample size, but I bet there's a library for that (if it's not built into .NET already.)

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #206 on: April 26, 2015, 06:58:06 PM »

works fine for me now, but i get this with brawl stage manager
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at BrawlStageManager.MainForm.open(FileInfo fi)
       at BrawlStageManager.MainForm.listBox1_SelectedIndex Changed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChang ed(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow. OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow. WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    BrawlStageManager
        Assembly Version: 3.5.1.0
        Win32 Version: 3.5.1.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Demonslayerx8/Downloads/BrawlManagers-3.5.1/BrawlStageManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    BrawlLib
        Assembly Version: 0.22.5594.30926
        Win32 Version: 0.22.1.1
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Demonslayerx8/Downloads/BrawlManagers-3.5.1/BrawlLib.DLL
    BrawlManagerLib
        Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
        Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Demonslayerx8/Downloads/BrawlManagers-3.5.1/BrawlManagerLib.DLL
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    OpenTK
        Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.1.1664.6217
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Demonslayerx8/Downloads/BrawlManagers-3.5.1/OpenTK.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #207 on: April 30, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »

works fine for me now, but i get this with brawl stage manager
    That's odd. When do you get the error? And are you running it from a folder with Brawl stuff in it?

JohnTravolski
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #208 on: May 01, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »

"I don't think it would be hard to write a separate program to extract two WAV files for a BRSTM (before loop + after loop, or whole thing + after loop) - maybe I can look into it later this week. I'd need to look into cutting a WAV in pieces by sample size, but I bet there's a library for that (if it's not built into .NET already.)"

I truly hope that you do find out how to do this.  I know absolutely nothing about coding since I'm a video editor.  I really don't like asking people to do things for me for free, but I've tried so many things at this point that I really don't know what's left.  If you can make the program that can do that (export 1 .wav file from 0 samples to end loop point and 1 .wav file from start loop point to end loop point) I would be extremely grateful.  You don't know how much this would benefit me as well as several other editors I know.  Take your time, and if you actually do come up with that separate program, let me know how the progress goes.  I'll check back here regularly.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #209 on: May 03, 2015, 11:13:39 AM »

"I don't think it would be hard to write a separate program to extract two WAV files for a BRSTM (before loop + after loop, or whole thing + after loop) - maybe I can look into it later this week. I'd need to look into cutting a WAV in pieces by sample size, but I bet there's a library for that (if it's not built into .NET already.)"

I truly hope that you do find out how to do this.  I know absolutely nothing about coding since I'm a video editor.  I really don't like asking people to do things for me for free, but I've tried so many things at this point that I really don't know what's left.  If you can make the program that can do that (export 1 .wav file from 0 samples to end loop point and 1 .wav file from start loop point to end loop point) I would be extremely grateful.  You don't know how much this would benefit me as well as several other editors I know.  Take your time, and if you actually do come up with that separate program, let me know how the progress goes.  I'll check back here regularly.

I posted the program to this thread (second post). It turned out to be very simple to do - I found a method in BrawlLib which I added parameters to so I could export just part of the file.

In the future I might put this with the Manager apps.

Pages:  1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19
    Print
    Jump to: