Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1199 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 1205 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4596727 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18015 on: February 06, 2015, 05:47:29 AM »

still missing the dirtish texture on the grass below the plattform

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18016 on: February 06, 2015, 05:48:55 AM »

still missing the dirtish texture on the grass below the plattform
    yeah i know... i've tried sooo hard to get that to show and its just not showing at all, even tho its showing a little bit... idek what to do, cause its using the same material and shader from my Gaur Plains grass/dirt model and it works well on that..
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:53:58 AM by DSX8 » Logged

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Taigiry
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18017 on: February 06, 2015, 06:46:39 AM »

i dare ya try to replicate its lighting system Grin

Eh, I mean, I could try making something similar at least. Right now I'd be glad if I just could make the crystals brighter. Gotta experiment a bit more, I guess.

AlvaroSSBB
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18018 on: February 06, 2015, 08:54:45 AM »

Someone could spend for me models of Rosalina and Zero Suit Samus and her textures? :/

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #18019 on: February 06, 2015, 08:57:25 AM »

Not sure if I should keep this up or just rig his entire Sm4sh model. Now, there are a few things I should note:

Sm4sh Bowser raw model: 19,974 faces

Sm4sh Bowser essentials: 15,728 faces

Brawl Bowser: 8,753 faces

Current Frankenstein: 12,278 faces

They were not optimize. Depending on your responses I will take it from there. Not all SM4sh like being optimized. Depends on character and individual objects. I am also taking visibility bones into account, but this is a file size matter and not to mention the HD sized textures. Push comes to shove, I'll fuse the detail and plain textures as I did here (look at the head). Also, he now has fixed normals becuase Sm4sh has some pretty half-half normals. Literally.

Someone could spend for me models of Rosalina and Zero Suit Samus and her textures? :/

Try the "Model Request" thread.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18020 on: February 06, 2015, 09:03:13 AM »

well, HD textures should be reduced to brawl-ish sizes anyway...

and on the model side, cant u custom make lower poly hair polygons for example?
    and just bake the textures over... idk, properly optimizing is a difficult art Tongue

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18021 on: February 06, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »

I dunno, these Smash 4 models don't really run well with the lighting engine. They look bleached or something without all their maps correctly applied.

Smash 4 stages fit more because they have more traditional texture technique, same with Smash 4 assist trophies.

I think that could be easily solved by making the textures darker overall. Not the best solution but it could be workable until the lighting issue is figured out.

-or maybe the lighting issue has to do with their shaders?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18022 on: February 06, 2015, 09:37:39 AM »

I dunno, these Smash 4 models don't really run well with the lighting engine. They look bleached or something without all their maps correctly applied.

Smash 4 stages fit more because they have more traditional texture technique, same with Smash 4 assist trophies.

And I thought I was the only one who thought that.

The stages do look amazing, can't really say the same for the characters. 3DS models actually fit Brawl more I'd say.

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18023 on: February 06, 2015, 09:40:31 AM »

I think that could be easily solved by making the textures darker overall. Not the best solution but it could be workable until the lighting issue is figured out.

Honestly, the biggest difference between Smash 4 and Brawl graphically is that all of the odels have spec maps, bump maps, and shaders that allow shadows to be cast upon themselves. Hell that was the biggest graphical improvement between Wii and WiiU.

And I thought I was the only one who thought that.

The stages do look amazing, can't really say the same for the characters. 3DS models actually fit Brawl more I'd say.

^^^^^^

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18024 on: February 06, 2015, 09:53:11 AM »

Most of it I'd say is because Brawl doesn't have amazing lighting and because of the lack of normals and such. I think the textures would need a lot of manual work to look decent in Brawl, but I'm not sure a lot of people want to do that.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18025 on: February 06, 2015, 10:03:05 AM »

Honestly, the biggest difference between Smash 4 and Brawl graphically is that all of the odels have spec maps, bump maps, and shaders that allow shadows to be cast upon themselves. Hell that was the biggest graphical improvement between Wii and WiiU.

^^^^^^

Majora, you of all people should know I'm no stranger to those facts.

Another solution could be applying brand new shaders to the models.

Most of it I'd say is because Brawl doesn't have amazing lighting and because of the lack of normals and such. I think the textures would need a lot of manual work to look decent in Brawl, but I'm not sure a lot of people want to do that.

A lot of that work can be done by utilizing the normal / bump maps and if you wanted to: the spec maps.

Put the normal map over the model, desaturate it, use multiple layers with different darkening blend modes and edit as needed and you'll be done, for the most part.
    The spec maps also provide another viable shading solution, for those that have them.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18026 on: February 06, 2015, 10:12:04 AM »

A lot of that work can be done by utilizing the normal / bump maps and if you wanted to: the spec maps.

Put the normal map over the model, desaturate it, use multiple layers with different darkening blend modes and edit as needed and you'll be done, for the most part.
    The spec maps also provide another viable shading solution, for those that have them.
    I realize this, and from what I know that's what most of these are doing, yet it still doesn't have the depth the Smash U models have. I realize the difference is between normals and not normals, but I'm pretty sure normals aren't meant to be used like that...

A good base, yes, but just overlaying the normals and calling it a day seems too simple to me. At least from what I've been seeing.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:13:15 AM by Taiko » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18027 on: February 06, 2015, 10:19:51 AM »

I realize this, and from what I know that's what most of these are doing, yet it still doesn't have the depth the Smash U models have. I realize the difference is between normals and not normals, but I'm pretty sure normals aren't meant to be used like that...

A good base, yes, but just overlaying the normals and calling it a day seems too simple to me. At least from what I've been seeing.

You're right, it's very overly simple, but that's the beauty of it. Beyond just overlaying or multiplying the desaturated normals and bumps, you can further edit the duplicated and edited layers to maximize the effect they have on the textures.

Only way to fix the issues otherwise aside applying new shaders for all the models would be having to somehow edit the lighting engine and game itself to accept bumps.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18028 on: February 06, 2015, 10:22:30 AM »

You're right, it's very overly simple, but that's the beauty of it. Beyond just overlaying or multiplying the desaturated normals and bumps, you can further edit the duplicated and edited layers to maximize the effect they have on the textures.

Only way to fix the issues otherwise aside applying new shaders for all the models would be having to somehow edit the lighting engine and game itself to accept bumps.
    That's exactly what I mean by manual texture work, the unfortunate reality is that Brawl doesn't support bump maps so you have to compensate for that in the textures like Brawl did. That's also why the Smash 3DS models look like they have more depth than these, because the textures are actually done without things like that in mind.

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Starstormer Renowned Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18029 on: February 06, 2015, 10:28:41 AM »

Skullkid is looking great so far, I went ahead and bone-edited Wolf's arms to keep from having to change the original model's proportions that much.

Pages:  1 ... 1199 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 1205 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: