[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PM #165 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:20:55 PM by ICEN
Wow im suprised of all the comments, I dont get how this is even an arguement, Project M craps on brawl, if I had to pick between regular brawl over project M at gamestop I would definitly buy project M, wow project M is just so much better than brawl i dont even see how people are arguing over it, simple I put the game in and all the old techniques from melee are back and you can now move quicker and do better combos, other crap to but forreal I wish everyone would just shut up, at the end of the day, project M is better than regular brawl, And some of you guys complain about stuff and glitches on project M that never happened to me yet so I dont see the problem.

Melee > Brawl

Melee + Brawl = Project M

Theres your answer project M is better than brawl

Post Merge: May 18, 2012, 10:20:55 PM

Oh not to mention that me and numerous friends who played ssb competitively stopped playing crappy brawl for a reason, it wasnt like melee it was worst besides graphics.
once project M came out we played it like everyday and even had some tournaments, project M brought crappy brawl back to life in my opinion


May 18, 2012, 10:44:25 PM #167 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:48:59 PM by Miacis
ICEN, I have a small suggestion:

Could you please consider including the "I think that..." expression in your vocabulary? Being affirmative all the time sure makes you sound very tough and determined and all, but Project M is still a Work In Progress. Any and all criticism toward the Project will be more helpful to the developpers than just just blindly crapping on vBrawl. Not to mention, I don't really think anyone really cares about how much you dislike vBrawl and idolize Melee. No offense.

I'm trying to say that as politely as possible, but being insulting towards vBrawl when a bunch of people in this community still appreciate playing it isn't going to get you far, and will most likely direct anger towards you.

I'm sure your input and criticism can be of much value, since you've been playing the game so much.

And that kind of applies to everyone here, actually. Giving your input and feedback (like what SmashClash just did) is very important in here, instead of telling us which of P:M or vBrawl you hate the most. The former is helpful, while the latter only stirs up drama and shows a sort of narrow-mindedness.

Thank you for your attention.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 09:15:51 PM
@1-In vBrawl I was able to run then press A and get an item (doing 'DashAttack'). I've noticed in Project: M you can't do this. You just go right past it.

@2-I'm talking about using a Nunchuk and Wii Remote. If I were to use a GC Controller I never press Z to shield or dodge(I use Z for grabbing obv).

@3-Well, that is his problem. I never really have that problem cuz I know how to handle things. I could just let him read what you type for #3. I forgot about hitstun now that I think about it.

-----------------------
Thanks for replying SDo0m.
Thoughts about #2's Nunchuk w/ Wii Remote use?
Before it usually would always work in vBrawl but in P:M. It doesn't apply.

1) I know, but what I was getting at was that it doesn't really make sense anyway even in vBrawl hence why I believe we removed it.

2) Ah fair enough.  Not sure what the problem is there.  Apparently there have been a couple of funky issues regarding Wiimote setups.  Dunno why.

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 18, 2012, 11:04:29 PM
1) I know, but what I was getting at was that it doesn't really make sense anyway even in vBrawl hence why I believe we removed it.

2) Ah fair enough.  Not sure what the problem is there.  Apparently there have been a couple of funky issues regarding Wiimote setups.  Dunno why.
@1- Well, I just like it. I can use it to my advantage.
@2- Oh well.

May 18, 2012, 11:18:51 PM #170 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:21:56 PM by Eternal Yoshi
Also it can disrupt combos and such since when you grab items, your Fsmash, ftilt, and jab are changed and you also cannot grab, mostly not for the better. And don't get me started on Hammers.

Items tend to fall very low and at random spots, which makes it infeasible to predict where it will be. What can happen is that an item will spawn in front of you and you'll end up grabbing it, whether you like it or not since it spawned after you make your input.

In other news, I can make Capsules and carrier items NOT explode. Ever. Anyone wants to see that, make your voice heard.

I can also make ALL item spawn points obscenely high if you guys want. Once again, make your voice heard.

is there a way to make vbrawl's charizard have the same up grab as project m's
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Quote from: Miacis on May 18, 2012, 10:44:25 PM
ICEN, I have a small suggestion:

Could you please consider including the "I think that..." expression in your vocabulary? Being affirmative all the time sure makes you sound very tough and determined and all, but Project M is still a Work In Progress. Any and all criticism toward the Project will be more helpful to the developpers than just just blindly crapping on vBrawl. Not to mention, I don't really think anyone really cares about how much you dislike vBrawl and idolize Melee. No offense.

I'm trying to say that as politely as possible, but being insulting towards vBrawl when a bunch of people in this community still appreciate playing it isn't going to get you far, and will most likely direct anger towards you.

I'm sure your input and criticism can be of much value, since you've been playing the game so much.

And that kind of applies to everyone here, actually. Giving your input and feedback (like what SmashClash just did) is very important in here, instead of telling us which of P:M or vBrawl you hate the most. The former is helpful, while the latter only stirs up drama and shows a sort of narrow-mindedness.

Thank you for your attention.
You do realize that brawl is just a video game right, not to sound like a [censored] but you guys get mad if I say brawl is worst then project m like brawl is a human being its just a game.

I know maybe there are some things that needed to be fix but it all comes down to one simple thing, put the game in and play it, do you like it or do you not. When I played it I liked it not because it was more like melee or more like brawl but because it was a mixture of both.

When I say brawl is bad im not meaning that literally of course brawl is good but I think if brawl keep the same graphics and everything but just had the fighting system that melee did it would have sold more.

Its like Gears of war 1, gears of war 2 and gears of war 3

I played all of them and played them non stop so when i say gears of war 1 was worst i dont mean IT WAS THE WORST GAME EVER, im just saying that the other or newer gears of war is better than the old one.

Of course brawl was good but if project M was complete in every way shape or form i think in MY OPINION it would be better.

When I played brawl it just felt to slow with the movements and everything.

I like games that have specail things that allow you to get better.

if you guys dont play other systems you wont know what i mean lol

gears of war, you can wallbounce, strafe, and do many things to GET BETTER

call of duty, you can increase sensitivity and other stuff to GET BETTER than other players who dont play on a high sensitivity

On melee you could wave dash L cancel moon walk and tons of other stuff to GET BETTER than the player who doesnt put in time to perfect those techniques

on brawl they took those out so now I dont have many techniques to learn to get BETTER than someone else

the only way to get better on brawl is to fight smart where as on melee you fight smart but you get all of those extra techniques to master and to learn to get better other than just the fighting part of things

is brawl bad no,
is melee bad no
is project m bad no

Im not saying one is bad
im saying i like ONE over the OTHER

Imagine this

its 2014 and gamestop is releasing two new nitendo games

one is called SSB BRAWL 2

the other is called SSB MELEE 2

If i seen that everybody that I know in real life would probably go with MELEE 2 especailly if the graphics are good and there are new characters, think about it there would be no reason to pick brawl because brawl takes out techniques, where as melee you do the same thing as you can on brawl but you get more techniques so i dont see how brawl would benifit you/


You guys need to realize one thing

Im not BASHING PEOPLE

Im bashing a video game, its a game, the video game SSBB DOES NOT HAVE FEELINGS
if i say halo is bad then halo doesnt cry

If i bash somebody or their post then i would see your point because they have feelings but if im bashing a game does it matter its not like brawl has feelings

At the end of the day you guys like what you like and me and my friends like what we like

btw im not trying to act tough, im not trying to sound like a [censored] either it only comes out sounding like that because when you read my post you decide how the words sound, maybe you guys think im yelling on this post

when i text it seems regular voiced because im the one typing the words so i know how there ment to be understood.

:)

May 19, 2012, 03:40:09 AM #173 Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:53:10 AM by Shun_One
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 18, 2012, 09:10:08 PM
Project M [TAS] - Lucas Combo

It's another TAS. This time with Lucas.
That was actually more fun to watch than all of the others.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 18, 2012, 11:18:51 PM
In other news, I can make Capsules and carrier items NOT explode. Ever. Anyone wants to see that, make your voice heard.
Do this.

They always explode on me. Always. And I always die. Always.

As for making them spawn higher, sure. I think it'd be pretty cool.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: ICEN on May 19, 2012, 03:21:29 AM
tl;dr

People don't get mad because you're bashing a game, they get mad because you're so smug and presumptuous about it. You act like everything you say is a fact.

And it obviously isn't.

Typing in all caps doesn't help either.

Good day.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 18, 2012, 11:18:51 PM
In other news, I can make Capsules and carrier items NOT explode. Ever. Anyone wants to see that, make your voice heard.

That would be cool. I can't tell you how many times I go to grab a capsule and accidentally do a dash attack and blow myself to oblivion. :[

Would it be possible to get rid of dud Smart Bombs as well? It's the trolliest thing when you throw one at an opponent and it basically flies right through them.

Capsules not exploding? That... Would be GREAT! That would make items more fun, and not as random.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on May 19, 2012, 03:49:03 AM
People don't get mad because you're bashing a game, they get mad because you're so smug and presumptuous about it. You act like everything you say is a fact.

And it obviously isn't.

Typing in all caps doesn't help either.

Good day.

That would be cool. I can't tell you how many times I go to grab a capsule and accidentally do a dash attack and blow myself to oblivion. :[

Would it be possible to get rid of dud Smart Bombs as well? It's the trolliest thing when you throw one at an opponent and it basically flies right through them.
Um everything I said was fact, or was I lying about no dashing L cancling and other crap in brawl.

Maybe you should put your brawl in and try wave dashing because you cant, looks like fact to me.

Quote from: ICEN on May 19, 2012, 04:31:01 AM
Um everything I said was fact




Quote from: ICEN on May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PM
Project M craps on brawl

Quote from: ICEN on May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PMwow project M is just so much better than brawl

Quote from: ICEN on May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PMproject M is better than regular brawl

Quote from: ICEN on May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PMMelee > Brawl

Melee + Brawl = Project M

Theres your answer project M is better than brawl




All facts? Or opinions?

There's a difference. But I don't think you're aware of that.

May 19, 2012, 04:39:43 AM #178 Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:40:36 AM by Albafika
Quote from: ICEN on May 19, 2012, 04:31:01 AM
Um everything I said was fact, or was I lying about no dashing L cancling and other crap in brawl.

Maybe you should put your brawl in and try wave dashing because you cant, looks like fact to me.
Okay, listen, fact master. I don't care if what you said are facts or not, just don't add insults in-between, as that [censored] will cause what is happening right about now, which is, random havoc. Either watch your manners when posting your "facts" and respect others' "fact-less posts" or don't post at all, be it "facts" of life or not. You've been warned.

. . . The last pages have become off topic and rather pathetic :srs:

Kills my mood to lurk D: So.. If anyone needs I'll be in the serious discussions board :P

PS: What's planned to be done by the third demo?
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114