WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Omniscient X on August 24, 2013, 09:11:48 PM
You can always use the Add/Subtract Damage event and set the damage to a variable and then use a seperate subroutine to govern the variable and what you specifically want it to do.
-Omni

I would gladly try that, but I absolutely despise using subroutines unless absolutely necessary. D: The offsets always change and I end up losing them.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 25, 2013, 02:32:51 AM
I would gladly try that, but I absolutely despise using subroutines unless absolutely necessary. D: The offsets always change and I end up losing them.

ehhh, I hate when that happens :P

That's my current problem, too. The offsets change and PSA isn't smart enough to fix it for you. I have 3 lines of code to add to the Wait1, and another 12 to add to the Final Smash, in order to make things work the way I want.

Currently, the Final Smash leaves Lucario frozen on the last frame if it destroys the platform he's standing on. I've been told that the way to fix this is to use Set Air/Ground State: In Air, but I have to disable vertical and horizontal movement and momentum for that, since currently it accomplishes those things using Set Air/Ground State: On Ground. It also lacks the Enter Final Smash state/Exit Final Smash state code, meaning it doesn't remove status effects such as shrink or metal from Lucario when it activates. I was also sort of hoping to add a camera event to it...

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Although it is a problem, it is avoidable.  I remember running into the same issue before.  Each time you add a new event iirc, the offset changes. In the beginning, create more than enough nops that you think you'll need in the subroutine. Or just take notes of which subactions use the subroutine, and of the subroutine offset itself.  Then simply edit the subroutine to your liking.

If you don't like having to fix a bunch of references, you can go with a double reference method.  Instead of the subaction offsetting directly to the main subroutine, it offsets to a reference (offset) to the main subroutine.  Now whenever you change the main subroutine, you simply change the double reference. 

bb psa automatically fixes subroutines you guys need to start changing programe imo
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

By the way, since this is a PSA workshop I wanted to post some of my latest work here, just a few moves

1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

In a great burst, she explodes outwards
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

unleashing her stored up sun energy in divine waves that knock enemies away and send sunbeams out in 180 degrees
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Special*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This move is quite deadly and, if you don't manage to kill them with her underpowered ground final smash this move will usually definitely do the trick. But aim carefully, you only get one shot.
Note: This move can also be accessed by using Glacial Destroyer after a final smash, a DEADLY combo.



2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



3 - yes, this is all one move
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

this move has two versions.
Side B press summons one of 13 different spells randomly.
Side B hold charges through each spell sequentially.
The spells are as follows:
Ice Crystal (ice, freeze)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Bolts of Eclipse (dark, and sleep)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ice Beam (freeze)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Raging River (no damage, great force)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Magnet Force (quick, tri-directional, electrically attracts lightning from all directions)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Plasma Spheres (elec., stun)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dual Frost (double freeze spell)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Magic Palm (damages, buries, or instant kills if struck by aura)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Solar Orbs (fire, explode)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Divine Cross (frozen divine cross)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Grand cross (divine cross of fire & ice)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Black Hole (high damage, blows enemies around, sucks them in)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Phoenix Bomb (explosion)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



For the forum, go here
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Those are some impressive graphical effects. o-o
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

August 26, 2013, 02:50:38 AM #892 Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:05:18 AM by Keromonkey
Quote from: KingJigglyBouncingTits on August 26, 2013, 01:28:25 AM
Those are some impressive graphical effects. o-o

Thank you, King Jiggly =), I put alot of effort into getting things as close to perfect as possible

Edit: I had to thank Eternal Yoshi's tut for my learning to import models but I recently found out that since BrawlBox 68 was updated, it can do it way easier and without hexing. Yay to no more hexing! lol

Edit2: Ah, i meant brawl box's ability to import mdl0 models and add graphical effects/textures to .pac files but idk if BB can import/export ext gfx so I use the extgfxeditor.

Nice application of Fire01 from the ef_pokemon.pac I've never seen it effectively used until now, congratz   :yay:
-Omni

Quote from: Omniscient X on August 26, 2013, 03:19:09 AM
Nice application of Fire01 from the ef_pokemon.pac I've never seen it effectively used until now, congratz   :yay:
-Omni

Thank you omni ^_^. Do you mean the 'fire atom' or the beam though? I think I was actually looking for either a 2nd beam mdl0 or Ivysaur's leaf gfx when I stumbled across the fire atom, I think. I figured it'd be perfect for realizing certain ideas.

The Fire01 is the barrage of swirling fire/energy strips in Brawl it's used for the Fire Pokemon Summons moves it's not very obvious, but you seem to have applied it well in this Amaterasu PSA!
-Omni

Quote from: Omniscient X on August 26, 2013, 07:06:57 AM
The Fire01 is the barrage of swirling fire/energy strips in Brawl it's used for the Fire Pokemon Summons moves it's not very obvious, but you seem to have applied it well in this Amaterasu PSA!
-Omni

Well all the same, thank you very much Omni :) 
*Sincerely flattered*
*Listening to Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (although this last part is irrelevant, lol)*


a animation on my model with its own skeleton! I got pretty happy about it!

Keromonkey: Holy [censored], those effects were so awesome! teach me : D
Stupid Tinypic :C

September 02, 2013, 10:08:48 PM #898 Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:09:44 PM by Keromonkey
Quote from: pikazz on September 02, 2013, 01:27:33 PM
a animation on my model with its own skeleton! I got pretty happy about it!

Keromonkey: Holy [censored], those effects were so awesome! teach me : D

Teach you!? How can I do that, I'm still puzzling my way through your tutorial on giving Zelda Ganon's Air Side B Throw. If anything, your knowledge of hex exceeds my own (my own = minimal) lol.

:af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For Leon Exodio's PSA over MK
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.