Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 137
Author Topic: WIP PSA Workshop  (Read 697247 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1815 on: January 25, 2015, 05:24:40 PM »

Update

Okay. Please allow me to give one on this one.

While the movement is nice, it doesn't feel very powerful. There's not enough snap to it, and I feel it transitions too quickly from the curling pose to him throwing his arms out.

He needs to pause for about 5-6 frames, squeeze his knees in toward his chest more and bring his arms in tighter, and his head tucked in for about 5-6 more, then thrust his legs out and throw his arms out in one, quick, snappy motion. That pause I mentioned followed by the further squeezing in of his limbs will give it a feeling of tension, before he thrusts his legs out in a matter of 4-5 frames will make it feel extremely powerful, and making him hold the pose afterward with his hands and arms trembling will really sell how powerful he and the movement is.

-and with the second one, again, Ganondorf needs pauses and quick, snappy movements in his animations, cause it really gives a supper powerful feeling to it.

His taunt where he tucks his limbs in, spins around, then thrusts them out ad laughs is a perfect example of what I mean. Ganondorfs animations are all about incredible build-ups of tension followed by a powerful, quick release

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1816 on: January 25, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »

Okay. Please allow me to give one on this one.

While the movement is nice, it doesn't feel very powerful. There's not enough snap to it, and I feel it transitions too quickly from the curling pose to him throwing his arms out.

He needs to pause for about 5-6 frames, squeeze his knees in toward his chest more and bring his arms in tighter, and his head tucked in for about 5-6 more, then thrust his legs out and throw his arms out in one, quick, snappy motion. That pause I mentioned followed by the further squeezing in of his limbs will give it a feeling of tension, before he thrusts his legs out in a matter of 4-5 frames will make it feel extremely powerful, and making him hold the pose afterward with his hands and arms trembling will really sell how powerful he and the movement is.

-and with the second one, again, Ganondorf needs pauses and quick, snappy movements in his animations, cause it really gives a supper powerful feeling to it.

His taunt where he tucks his limbs in, spins around, then thrusts them out ad laughs is a perfect example of what I mean. Ganondorfs animations are all about incredible build-ups of tension followed by a powerful, quick release

I appreciate the critique alot. Really, I do.

I actually was tinkering with making the tuck in last longer, but the animation would last too long to be conventional. Right now, it's at 80 frames. Considering that I want the float to be the core of his moveset, I don't want the start up to be too long and end up being too punishing.

But I will take it into consideration and see if I can stick in at least 10 more frames, if not more.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1817 on: January 26, 2015, 05:59:21 AM »

if you don't wanna make the animation last longer, but you want a specific part LOOK longer, make the rest of the animation shorter, this will give the illusion of that important part being longer, it's all about proportions within your frame-limit Cheesy

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1818 on: January 26, 2015, 08:07:45 AM »

im porting the majin buu psa over kirby and im going to try having him absorb people and iv been messing around with the kirby hats and i almost have the vest loading right

also here is a early video of the majin buu psa over kirby
    <a href="http://youtu.be/nCXh1VMQqqc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/nCXh1VMQqqc</a>

DrunkRussian
    Extreme Kitten

Resident Brawl Modding Weeb.

• Awards Hot Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1819 on: January 26, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »

That's actually awesome, I'm surprised no one else thought of that. I mean, they're even the same color lol

PSN:Undead_Baan
    My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
    Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
    Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

Large Leader

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1820 on: January 26, 2015, 09:22:32 AM »

if you don't wanna make the animation last longer, but you want a specific part LOOK longer, make the rest of the animation shorter, this will give the illusion of that important part being longer, it's all about proportions within your frame-limit Cheesy

I looked at the OoT Boss fight and to me the tuck in doesn't seem like a focal point in the animation to me.

With that being said, I could probably move the tuck in 5 frames earlier so there's more build up.

I was thinking of also having the legs move forward a bit before he goes into the float pose... although that might seem sloppy for someone like Ganondorf.

I think I posted an Up air animation for ganondorf. I'd love some critique on that, I think it came out really sloppy, but... idk ;_;

Nvm, I didn't put up the updated version. I'll put that up when I get home.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:23:46 AM by drogoth » Logged

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1821 on: January 26, 2015, 10:10:57 AM »

I looked at the OoT Boss fight and to me the tuck in doesn't seem like a focal point in the animation to me.

With that being said, I could probably move the tuck in 5 frames earlier so there's more build up.

I was thinking of also having the legs move forward a bit before he goes into the float pose... although that might seem sloppy for someone like Ganondorf.

I think I posted an Up air animation for ganondorf. I'd love some critique on that, I think it came out really sloppy, but... idk ;_;

Nvm, I didn't put up the updated version. I'll put that up when I get home.

Well, being the holder of the Triforce of Power, making Ganondorf look powerful in every movement he does is important.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1822 on: January 26, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »

Had a fun discussion with Velen. I'll fix the animation with his pointers when I have free time.

In the meantime, here's another animation that I want you guys to rip apart. I don't like the way it looks, honestly. But it's better than nothing.

I'm going to add more of a pause for the second downward swing, the upwards one won't have as much.

I also can't seem to find a way to make his bust rotate properly to make the image of heaving a large sword, so some pointers or a video would be nice :V
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:28:05 PM by drogoth » Logged

O snap

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1823 on: January 26, 2015, 12:34:39 PM »

command grab out of float?

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1824 on: January 26, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »

Had a fun discussion with Velen. I&#039;ll fix the animation with his pointers when I have free time.

In the meantime, here&#039;s another animation that I want you guys to rip apart. I don&#039;t like the way it looks, honestly. But it&#039;s better than nothing.

I&#039;m going to add more of a pause for the second downward swing, the upwards one won&#039;t have as much.

I also can&#039;t seem to find a way to make his bust rotate properly to make the image of heaving a large sword, so some pointers or a video would be nice :V

I should ask... what is he doing exactly? lol... You should pro'lly make it clear what it is before asking us for opinions.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1825 on: January 26, 2015, 12:38:59 PM »

It's supposed to be an upwards sword swing.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1826 on: January 26, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »

command grab out of float?

Oh whoops, I forgot to mention it's a sword swing

I should ask... what is he doing exactly? lol... You should pro'lly make it clear what it is before asking us for opinions.

Whoops^2

It's supposed to be an upwards sword swing.

Thanks, Jiggy :V

O snap

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1827 on: January 26, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »

Not enough Follow Through/Overlapping Action. When I tried doing the same thing you're animating, I feel like the sword he's swinging is too light. In this case, the torso should be the driving force to perform the swing, which is then followed by the shoulders, which is followed by the arms, followed by the hands, all the way back down to the sword. Much like how a whip would move when you take a swing at it.

Do also note that gravity eventually takes over at some point. So when he swings it down, depending on how heavy the sword is, it should drop faster than his arms can keep up.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:02:27 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1828 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:28 PM »

would be cool to make it a command grab that meteors backwards Tongue

idk what sword you're using, but the arms don't really seem to look as they should, like, is he holding the sword with 1 or 2 hands? if with 2, how big is the handle? O_O

also, if it's a OoT ganon, why would he use a sword?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1829 on: January 26, 2015, 03:04:06 PM »

Not enough Follow Through/Overlapping Action. When I tried doing the same thing you're animating, I feel like the sword he's swinging is too light. In this case, the torso should be the driving force to perform the swing, which is then followed by the shoulders, which is followed by the arms, followed by the hands, all the way back down to the sword. Much like how a whip would move when you take a swing at it.

Do also note that gravity eventually takes over at some point. So when he swings it down, depending on how heavy the sword is, it should drop faster than his arms can keep up.

A good way to signify this would be to have one hand leave the sword's hilt and have him hanging on to it with one hand while one arm stops and the other one keeps going due to the sword's immense weight.

Pages:  1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 137
    Print
    Jump to: