iwantgames Projects: Iwantgames Returns

Started by iwantgames, May 29, 2013, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

updated the shaders yet again lol. which each update they get closer and closer to looking similiar to Ultimates style.

This time i improved the rim lighting, made it a bit closer to Ultimate's. look closely at the edges to see the differences, below are some comparisons

old

new



old

new


old

new



here are more chars using the new rim






Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Again more shader/materials stuff





much more vibrant and less washed out. Also got the proper reflection for her. A bit more tinkering and they'll be perfect

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Woah, that looks really really close now. Cooooool.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

April 07, 2020, 08:59:20 PM #993 Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:00:41 PM by iwantgames
Quote from: Lillith on April 03, 2020, 01:00:30 PM
Woah, that looks really really close now. Cooooool.
thanks!

I edited them again, made the rim less intense. Below are in game comparison pics of how the shaders/materials use to look and the new one i showed off with zelda + rim edits.


(old/new)




Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Been awhile so i have a ton of stuff to post. Going to split all of the content into 2 posts, some of the content today and the rest in a day or two. I have about 15 characters to post

Still working on my Ultimate shader and i've greatly improved them. The normal map settings, reflective/specular settings, and the way they reaction to lighting is much better. Here's a closer look at the shader/material setup and the result on the right.


There's a total of 8 material references and 16 stages in the shader. Now Here are some Previews in Brawl Crate on different characters


Mario



Zelda



Marth



Meta Knight


in-game







Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

July 22, 2020, 12:23:51 AM #995 Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 05:53:45 AM by iwantgames
whelp looks like this might be my last post here, looks like thread is died lol. Just in case the thread is dead i don't want to go all out so here is another mini update, a handful of chars, recolors, and a few in-game screens. Still have a lot more


Updated Ultimate Zelda








Updated Ultimate Samus








Here's a new one, Ultimate Snake








And new in game Screens! Meta Knight has been updated so i reposted him and toon link joins him





i have more characters in-game but their quality isn't on par with meta knight and toon link so they aren't worth posting at the moment. Should be able to post them after some model optimizations and other minor work

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Super cool looking imports. Snake, Zelda, and Marth are looking really good. The picture of Toon Link is funny, he looks like he's made out to clay.

awesome job with ultimate zelda! when will you release her?

Quote from: Calypso on July 22, 2020, 04:23:35 AM
Super cool looking imports. Snake, Zelda, and Marth are looking really good. The picture of Toon Link is funny, he looks like he's made out to clay.
Yeah, it's due to how the skinning is done in Smash Bros Ultimate. Still working on the skin shader/material.

and ty

Quote from: Cal242 on July 22, 2020, 10:11:12 PM
awesome job with ultimate zelda! when will you release her?
I'm not sure. It's going to be awhile, i still have to optimize her. i have her working in-game but her texture quality with this setup is poor atm because of her poly count.

and ty

It's pretty late today so I will post more content/progress this weekend when i'm free from work. I'll do another mini update to save on content to post in the future. I still have 11 characters to post with the new shader. Half of them have a working in-game model. Don't think i will have in-game pictures for this upcoming post.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

wasn't able to get everything compiled for the mini update so it'll be a bit longer. Will try to have the update this weekend along with a big announcement. For now here is a small teaser




Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Ooooh, I love the Zelda, Samus and Link a lot. Neeeeat.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Lillith on August 04, 2020, 02:51:01 AM
Ooooh, I love the Zelda, Samus and Link a lot. Neeeeat.
thanks! Stuff have been progressing really smoothly. so i have a lot to show. Will probably ease into it instead of dropping 30 images lol

It's been awhile but here's another update with in-game comparison screens. Since the last screen a lot has happened:


  • fixed/improved skin coloring
  • improved metal, specular, and roughness settings
  • fixed/improved normal map setting


Before



Now






These new screens are actually outdated, but they are the only recent in-game stuff I have right now. Since these screens, I've lowered the rim intensity and made some other changes. At the moment I'm on a little break, I'll be working on stuff on and off but I won't show anything for about a month

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

lol so i know i said this a thousand times but this time i'm super cereal. This year this place will be overflowing with content for those who do not use either discord or twitter. The only exception is if there are no replies, (everyone probably moved on to one of the two by now) in which case i'll lock the thread and will let it go into an eternal slumber. There's a lot to post so lets get to it


Wanted to start this year of with a release so here's a mod i made not too long ago


^ image leads to download


in-game screens:







Next up is my Ultimate stuff. Still working on the shader/mats. I've gotten much further and they look much better than before. First I've improved/fixed the skin coloring and shading.


I've posted tons of revisions on twitter but here is the final


enlarged final


they now have proper coloring, Ultimate's fake subsurface scattering, and Ultimate's based skin shading

Second, though not final i've also made progress with Ultimate's normal maps. Unfortunately i won't be able to add this in anytime soon. For the normal maps to work i need to generate the z component in the shader. There is not enough space to add it into the shader atm. Currently looking into adding the z component into the blue channel like they use to be. that'll free up the number of stages need to generate it. Anyway here's the progress on that


Third i have no previews to show but i'm still working on trying to get the specular/metals settings to look/act like they are suppose to


Finally, My next project is underway and the progress has been smooth so far. Return ZSS(originally ZSS 2.0) is back. After two years of inactivity



current progress



Here's Bailey based on her Returns redesign


That should be all for now. Probably missed some stuff but it's enough as is lol

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

You shouldn't just lock it, I'm sure people would appreciate being able to see everything being posted here.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


February 20, 2021, 01:05:37 AM #1004 Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:25:04 AM by iwantgames
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on February 11, 2021, 06:01:19 AM
You shouldn't just lock it, I'm sure people would appreciate being able to see everything being posted here.
lol i guess i can keep posting stuff

For now here's some Samus returns concept ZSS















W.I.P Alt costume







She'll be the next thing i release. Model work is pretty solid. currently working on the texture right now

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames