Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827767 times)
Steam/SSBB Guy
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3240 on: February 25, 2014, 06:15:06 PM »

Not saying I like the Clone Engine but I'm sad that it means that what brawl hacking originally was, Simply replacing characters with new ones and get to see the psas the way they originally were made for the original characters not clone characters using the original fighter's modules is ending.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:16:46 PM by Brstmguy » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3241 on: February 25, 2014, 06:18:54 PM »

You get rid of the CSS code~

Very nice! That means no more fiddling with that darn code and remembering which ID you added last. Cheesy

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3242 on: February 25, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »

I'm having troubles with BrawlEx...It shows up as Random icon in CSS and freezes when hovering over it. I have all the config files as 3F and put it in the right folders, edited the rel put it in the right folder. Removed CSS code since it isn't compatible with this new BrawlEx, Gecko OS has the right hooktype... Help please?

If it helps, I edited the CSSRoster.dat and added the 3F slot. I also edited the Fighter3F.dat
    to have it only 2 costume slots and took away the A? because IDK what that does lol (the hack I downloaded only had 00 and 01.) Kirby hat on None and Final as None (hack didn't include kirby hats final smash freezes). Does it need to have the original costume amount?
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:24:48 PM by the98pika » Logged

-

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3243 on: February 25, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »

I think unticking the 'A?' is bad, just recheck it and test again/

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3244 on: February 25, 2014, 06:38:02 PM »

I think unticking the 'A?' is bad, just recheck it and test again/
    I ticked it and it still has the Random icon up.  Sad

-

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3245 on: February 25, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »

I'm having troubles with BrawlEx...It shows up as Random icon in CSS and freezes when hovering over it. I have all the config files as 3F and put it in the right folders, edited the rel put it in the right folder. Removed CSS code since it isn't compatible with this new BrawlEx, Gecko OS has the right hooktype... Help please?

If it helps, I edited the CSSRoster.dat and added the 3F slot. I also edited the Fighter3F.dat
    to have it only 2 costume slots and took away the A? because IDK what that does lol (the hack I downloaded only had 00 and 01.) Kirby hat on None and Final as None (hack didn't include kirby hats final smash freezes). Does it need to have the original costume amount?
    First off, you might want to edit the CSSConfig for your char to reflect the number of costumes you have.

Secondly, yeah don't uncheck the A box. Dunno what it's for, duncurr either.

Also, defragging your card helps. Small files like the Configs get easily fragmented.

edit~ oh, you posted again. Make sure hooktype is AXNextFrame. Only HT compatible with BX.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:40:19 PM by Doqtor Kirby » Logged

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3246 on: February 25, 2014, 07:01:47 PM »

Yeah i had trouble with BrawlEx loading off and on but changing the hooktype fixed that

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3247 on: February 25, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »

First off, you might want to edit the CSSConfig for your char to reflect the number of costumes you have.

Secondly, yeah don't uncheck the A box. Dunno what it's for, duncurr either.

Also, defragging your card helps. Small files like the Configs get easily fragmented.

edit~ oh, you posted again. Make sure hooktype is AXNextFrame. Only HT compatible with BX.
    I did that and it created the 3F id and Fighter3FEx and I can't change the name.
    My hooktype is AXNextFrame.

-

Xero874
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3248 on: February 25, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »

Quick Question.
    Will there be ever a tool that does all the BP's a CSS Icons and stuff like that.
    I find it too much of my time to just do 1 character.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
    Version 0.04

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3249 on: February 25, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »

Quick Question.
    Will there be ever a tool that does all the BP's a CSS Icons and stuff like that.
    I find it too much of my time to just do 1 character.

my tool will be able to do it once i program the bulk of stuff

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3250 on: February 25, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »

Sounds like BrawlEx isn't loading properly.
    Do you have bx_fighter.rel and common2.pac file from the BrawlEx download on your SD card?
    You need to check. Don't make the same mistake I did when I first tried this.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:19:17 PM by Eternal Yoshi » Logged

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3251 on: February 25, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »

Not saying I like the Clone Engine but I'm sad that it means that what brawl hacking originally was, Simply replacing characters with new ones and get to see the psas the way they originally were made for the original characters not clone characters using the original fighter's modules is ending.
    Are you talking about how there are graphical glitches in BrawlEx characters? Cuz that can be fixed  by using assist trophy graphics. Also, giving BrawlEx characters their own sound effects is possible. So I don't see how the characters would play any different if they were a replacement of a character.

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3252 on: February 25, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »

Okay i really need help, ive tried to fix it with stuff i thought might be the problem but im at a lose now.
    it started when i tried to add Ganon and Puff, they didnt show up. so i thought well PW updated so ill delete the config files and fighter files and redo them just in case. after i finshed i added most the characters files i had before and entered their id's to the CSS Roster in the brawlEx folder. im not using a CSS code anymore because ive read i dont need it anymore. Common3 and 2 are in system and sc_selcharacter in menu2 with replaced resources from the CSS Expansion files downloaded from the OP.

im not getting any freezing, clear CSS, random icon, or many marios. its just not working as in no cloned characters and my hooktype is AXNextFrame. last i checked anyways

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3253 on: February 25, 2014, 08:36:28 PM »

Are you talking about how there are graphical glitches in BrawlEx characters? Cuz that can be fixed  by using assist trophy graphics. Also, giving BrawlEx characters their own sound effects is possible. So I don't see how the characters would play any different if they were a replacement of a character.
    No I'm saying the old style for brawl hacks is pretty much dead with the clone engine and Project M around.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3254 on: February 25, 2014, 10:20:44 PM »

No I'm saying the old style for brawl hacks is pretty much dead with the clone engine and Project M around.
    You're talking about the method of brawl hacking right? You're not thinking that BrawlEx changes the physics or anything right?

Pages:  1 ... 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: