Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827193 times)
Steam/SSBB Guy
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6195 on: June 08, 2014, 08:26:17 PM »

I guess so along with MiscData[40]

frozenfire
    Hyper Kitten

Power of the soul

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6196 on: June 08, 2014, 08:42:24 PM »

So Nebulon, since your pack uses boss slots and the newest version doesn't(I believe) are you just going to keep those extras slots or make the characters that are over bosses fill up the new space?

Check out my pack and get involved. I Want your ideas!!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6197 on: June 08, 2014, 08:44:13 PM »

So, random question. Do the new IDs start from 64?

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6198 on: June 08, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »

So Nebulon, since your pack uses boss slots and the newest version doesn't(I believe) are you just going to keep those extras slots or make the characters that are over bosses fill up the new space?

Well... I haven't decided. There's no disadvantage to having them as of yet, so there's no reason to fix it just yet. That being said, if someone figures out Single player modes, or Kirby hats and that would require me to change them, then I would do so.

BTW it allows up to 128. I believe that's with the boss slots. But in terms of 3F-63, how many more were added?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6199 on: June 08, 2014, 08:51:39 PM »

BrawlEx CSS Expansion 2 is up. The only feature added for it is loading up portraits from the SD card. See the notes section in the readme for information on naming and placing the portrait BRRES files.

Also, remember that the BRRES files on the SD card must be uncompressed.

That limitless css is something I won't mind testing out later. I'll probably get around to changing all my css pics to not be limited by the 256 limit of cmpr, but for now I'd just be happy putting them back to default resolution instead of the 100 x 125 thing I've got going on.
    It looks like you spaced the icons out to avoid them fighting with each other for layer priority too. That's going to save me a few headaches to look at now, awesome stuff.
    Really looking forward to that future stage expansion too, I've got an old folder with a bunch of stages I had on the ASL engine that'll be neat to throw in.

I didn't make any other changes to the CSS Expansion besides the added functionality. So the Z-Fighting bug and the Subspace Emissary Character Select bug are both still there. Incidentally, all the icons are mapped to the same Z-Index when using the CSS Expansion because adding 100 characters causes their Z-Indices to map all the way up to where other menu elements are mapped. This caused a bunch of weird bugs where icons would appear ontop of things such as the settings screen.

As for file sizes, in addition to the .pac size limit, the portrait BRRES files themselves have a maximum uncompressed size limit of 256 Kb. So as long as you don't go over that, you're fine. For comparison, Wario's regular BRRES file takes up almost all of that.

Even with a 128 cap, having a full roster of characters uses up all of the ExSlots but one. That means that any character that uses two or more characters will need a couple of extra slots (The Zelda's in the roster I showed you use just one slot...). Those slots exist after the regular alloys, so it's alright to keep them on hand for if they're ever required for cases like these.

So, random question. Do the new IDs start from 64?

ExSlots still start at ID 0x3F. They now end at 0x7F

I'm glad we got it sooner ,these new config tweaks are great and literally all the modules you just made were the ones I was dying for, Toon Link especially. Thank you so much for all of this. Going to test it out now.

Also PW how is your stage expansion going to differ from the old stage expansion codes, is it going to be more controllable?

It's mainly going to increase the number of additional stages to more than just 10. It'll also have support to allow you to configure the stage file names similar to how the BX Clone Engine allows you to configure character file names. I may also add the ability to configure stages with their own tracklists as well. That's about it for now.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:08:26 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6200 on: June 08, 2014, 09:02:29 PM »

Ah, okay. Well no big deal, it's only a minor thing anyway. The functionality of it all is way more important than the icons fighting over each other.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6201 on: June 08, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »

@Nebulon, can you modify your pack so it has Stock icons please?

That way we'll be able to test Classic Mode.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6202 on: June 08, 2014, 10:05:17 PM »

So I'm trying the new build with a build with 51 CSS icons and I don't see any big issues....
    The Toon Link EX module is working great with Simon so far too.
    except for 1.

Is there a way to customize how the CSS icons are arranged when using the CSS Expansion thing? This big waste of screen real estate makes me really sad, as there's no reason to have them so small and arranged to have 100 icons, when I only have 51.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6203 on: June 08, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »

It would be cool to have a visual tool to arrange the CSS.

Doesn't Sammi's tool do that?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6204 on: June 08, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »

It would be cool to have a visual tool to arrange the CSS.

Doesn't Sammi's tool do that?
    The only thing that Sammi's tool does, is help adding in clones easier, naming them. and adding in new cosmetic data, and other things. it's decent for now and saves me 45 minutes of pure headache. but it does not have a visual representation of the CSS, sort of rearrange what comes first really.

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6205 on: June 08, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »

i have noticed a slight glitch with the latest brawlex version if you sycal through the css to fast there is a slight hang up but than it goes back to normal.

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #6206 on: June 08, 2014, 10:39:44 PM »

Has anybody tested css expansion v2 on console yet? I'd like to know if it works before I dig deep into the files and start revamping my build again.

i have noticed a slight glitch with the latest brawlex version if you sycal through the css to fast there is a slight hang up but than it goes back to normal.

Was that with the new CSS expansion v2 CSP loader?
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:41:18 PM by ShadowSnake » Logged

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6207 on: June 08, 2014, 10:44:09 PM »

yes it was but no frezeeing or anything just a slight lag but only happens when cycling through fast but if slow cycle through each color no lag.

Post Merge: June 08, 2014, 10:46:43 PM
    but it could be because im using riivolution and yes it does work with riivolution.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:46:43 PM by leondanny56 » Logged

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #6208 on: June 08, 2014, 10:49:22 PM »

yes it was but no frezeeing or anything just a slight lag but only happens when cycling through fast but if slow cycle through each color no lag.

Post Merge: June 08, 2014, 10:46:43 PM
    but it could be because im using riivolution and yes it does work with riivolution.

Well if it works with Riivo it should work with the Project-M launcher/Gecko, going to give it a spin soon.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6209 on: June 08, 2014, 10:53:07 PM »

I'm in the midst of extracting all my csp brres files from my sc_selchar.pac, once I get em all out I'm gonna give it a whirl as is, then try with less compressed css portraits.

Pages:  1 ... 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: