Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 36
Author Topic: Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!  (Read 162435 times)
PallaPal
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: February 28, 2014, 09:52:57 PM »

Hey there! Sorry, I was a bit busy earlier today. I had some guests come over to my house xp. I also still have homework from college to do tonight, so I'll be in and out for a few hours or so.

Right anyway Heavy, to address your animation, I definitely like the Forward Smash animation a lot. Thank you for that! I was always reluctant to edit that move just because I am not fantastic with animating (down smash is evidence of that, haha). It helps so much to have you and others on board with this! I did most of the stuff for 1.5 by myself, so that limited me a lot back then, heh.

As for some stuff on PSA-ing, I read up on the idea posted here for the Final Smash. I think that 75% damage total sounds pretty good as far as damage output goes! Probably does not need super fantastic knockback though, on the account of it already healing her for the first strike. Her Final Smash will be pretty good with that already.

I think I covered most of the stuff discussed on here... oh right! Was that issue with the .PAC file the fact that it could not be opened in Project Smash Attacks or was that just me?
    If it was just me, maybe I'll need a different version or something.

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 12:03:05 AM »

The issue had to do with SFX that I added. I'll test it tomorrow to see if it messes up on me as well. I've been up for like 32 hours today working on Brawl stuff, so I'm gonna head to bed now. I'll catch up with you tomorrow man. Also really glad you like that animqtion . it took me quite a while to make that. Genesis will finish it for me when he gets the time. It just needs to smoothly switch to the wait1.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: March 01, 2014, 12:13:55 AM »

Ah thanks. And 32 hours... oh man. Yes, definitely get some sleep. Putting in long hours like that will take a toll out on you!
    As for me, I think I'm heading to bed as well. It's been a long day of assignments and family gatherings and whatnot for me today, haha.

Hi

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: March 01, 2014, 01:30:34 AM »

Hey there! Sorry, I was a bit busy earlier today. I had some guests come over to my house xp. I also still have homework from college to do tonight, so I'll be in and out for a few hours or so.

Right anyway Heavy, to address your animation, I definitely like the Forward Smash animation a lot. Thank you for that! I was always reluctant to edit that move just because I am not fantastic with animating (down smash is evidence of that, haha). It helps so much to have you and others on board with this! I did most of the stuff for 1.5 by myself, so that limited me a lot back then, heh.

As for some stuff on PSA-ing, I read up on the idea posted here for the Final Smash. I think that 75% damage total sounds pretty good as far as damage output goes! Probably does not need super fantastic knockback though, on the account of it already healing her for the first strike. Her Final Smash will be pretty good with that already.

I think I covered most of the stuff discussed on here... oh right! Was that issue with the .PAC file the fact that it could not be opened in Project Smash Attacks or was that just me?
    If it was just me, maybe I'll need a different version or something.

First off, if you save a .pac in BB, you cant use it with PSA.
    Okay so this is just a review of Lucina's moveset in its current state.
    Overall I like the PSA a lot, she really is super fun to play with. Although I do like most of the updates you've made, it seems I slightly prefer the more simplistic moveset of Lucina's previous version. I'm still not a fan of the windy cape, it just looks odd next to anyone with a cape or a dress. I can only ask myself why she is the only one effected by the magical wind. But it is true to her game and that's Heavy's style, so if it must be, it must be.
    The attack dash is one of my favorites. Its super useful, and not too strong.
     I like the Side Tilt much more than what it was before, its much more flashy and less spamable.
    The Down Tilt is still great, I like that she generally uses her sword, so the fact that she throws out a kick adds a little flare
    Up Tilt is good, its a nice versitile attack that is useful in several occasions. It also reminds me of Chrom's Up Smash so thats cool as well.
    The A combo is great, but I would consider some more lag on the last hit so the attack can't be spammed so much, even if the second hit knocks you out of the attack.

Side Smash is being revised.
    The Up Smash is a great Idea, I love the animation(for whatever reason)
    The Down Smash I'm not too sure about. I'm not too much a fan of standard attacks moving you around a lot though. I liked the original idea for her previous version's Down Smash, even if it was similar to Marth's.

All the Air Attacks are great, my favorite being the N Air, and the D Air.

I still love the SpecialN, i'ts pretty fitting for her to jump forward for the Signature Fire Emblem swordsman Neutral B charge. It could use a little less knockback though.   
    The Special Hi is good, and works for Lucina great. But it may be a cool idea to do the PM Roy Up B, where you can direct it slightly, and maybe decrease the damage.
    I actually am starting to like the Down B. At first I thought it op but it seems pretty good. Maybe increase the startup before she jumps forward?
    The Side B, well it needs work somehow. The Regular forward B combo seems like it needs to walk forward or something. I know the Up Isn't working right. Also the short stance part, I guess the SpecialS1 needs to have a little longer of a window to chose which combo your using. It also needs to go back to wait, but you know I've got that handled Tongue

I do still really love this PSA, and I am stoked to be able to work on her.

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: March 01, 2014, 10:38:27 AM »

I like the fact that you can't seem to figure out why you like the up smash so much. Haha.

Also I had an idea for Lucina's Neutral B. I used PM Roy's Side B 4th hit as her N B. He still jumps and it actually looks pretty close to how she does it in game as well. I'm using it myself.

The next thing I work on will be her FS. But for now I think I'll take a much needed break from hacking today.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: March 01, 2014, 12:24:51 PM »

Lol
    But that could be pretty cool, but I think if it's going to be changed it should be a custom animation. Especially if i'm gonna make it go back to the wait1. Making a swapped animation go into the wait cleanly is almost as hard as making one from scratch imo. I am having a incredibly hard time making her sword correct currently. It looks fine in BB, but in game her sword twitches after the attack because of the pass frame for some reason. I'm having an especialy hard time with your side smash, but she is stepping back correctly, it's just the sword problem.
    Also, with her FS. Before you start animating it, we need to figure out how the attack will work codding wise, because Marth doesn't have a type of special throw like Ike does for his FS, so the attack cannot work the same.
    The few options I can think of are time manipulation or stun hitflags. That or figure out how to give Marth a custom special throw, which requires hex i'm pretty sure.
    I forgot that Mammoth and I had a hard time making a fs like that work right.
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:25:59 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: March 01, 2014, 12:36:19 PM »

Lol
    But that could be pretty cool, but I think if it's going to be changed it should be a custom animation. Especially if i'm gonna make it go back to the wait1. Making a swapped animation go into the wait cleanly is almost as hard as making one from scratch imo. I am having a incredibly hard time making her sword correct currently. It looks fine in BB, but in game her sword twitches after the attack because of the pass frame for some reason. I'm having an especialy hard time with your side smash, but she is stepping back correctly, it's just the sword problem.
    Also, with her FS. Before you start animating it, we need to figure out how the attack will work codding wise, because Marth doesn't have a type of special throw like Ike does for his FS, so the attack cannot work the same.
    The few options I can think of are time manipulation or stun hitflags. That or figure out how to give Marth a custom special throw, which requires hex i'm pretty sure.
    I forgot that Mammoth and I had a hard time making a fs like that work right.

I got it to work for Heector without special throws Wink

You can do the FS in two animations, the initial swing that heals, and then the jump back and final slash.

To make it more fun, I could make it possible that the second hit will happen even if the first one misses. Make it have a "Gotcha!" moment.

Also, I don't believe Ike's fs can be considered a special grab if the data for where they fly is in the stage itself :/
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:43:21 PM by Zack Fair » Logged

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

SnatoWhato
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: March 01, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »

Sounds like it's gonna be boss! Can't wait for the update. :3

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: March 01, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »

Honestly I was just gonna make an extended FinalEnd where, after she dashes, she does Sol, the first hit to heal. That would have a stun effect. Then jump backward and lunge forward to finish them off. I was gonna make everything myself. The FinalStart, Dash, and End animation from scratch.

The issue with the sword is probably it's rotation for both the animations. The SwordN, and RHave bones are tweaked. I probably just should've used one of those instead of both. You could just delete the rotations on the RHave bone and try to rotate the SwordN bone to match where it was. That should make the transition a bit easier to make.

I updated the Dropbox link on the first page. It has the New SepcialNStart, Loop, and End for both air and ground versions. Revenant if you could take a look at those and see if you could clean up the transition for the grounded End animation, it might actually work a bit better. I kind of attempted to do it so at least you have something to work off of.

Also, I don't believe Ike's fs can be considered a special grab if the data for where they fly is in the stage itself :/
    How do you change that. I've been wanting to, but don't know where to even start looking.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: March 01, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »

I got it to work for Heector without special throws Wink

You can do the FS in two animations, the initial swing that heals, and then the jump back and final slash.

To make it more fun, I could make it possible that the second hit will happen even if the first one misses. Make it have a "Gotcha!" moment.

I'm not sure how your Hector's fs works, but its not something cheesy where hitboxes keep them in place or something right? I'm an animator so I dont know much of codding anyway. Also I was just calling it a special throw as a place holder, what else would I call it?

Honestly I was just gonna make an extended FinalEnd where, after she dashes, she does Sol, the first hit to heal. That would have a stun effect. Then jump backward and lunge forward to finish them off. I was gonna make everything myself. The FinalStart, Dash, and End animation from scratch.

The issue with the sword is probably it's rotation for both the animations. The SwordN, and RHave bones are tweaked. I probably just should've used one of those instead of both. You could just delete the rotations on the RHave bone and try to rotate the SwordN bone to match where it was. That should make the transition a bit easier to make.

I updated the Dropbox link on the first page. It has the New SepcialNStart, Loop, and End for both air and ground versions. Revenant if you could take a look at those and see if you could clean up the transition for the grounded End animation, it might actually work a bit better. I kind of attempted to do it so at least you have something to work off of.
    How do you change that. I've been wanting to, but don't know where to even start looking.

That's normally not a problem. Each swordsman I have worked on use both SwordN and RHaveN bones. Admittedly Marth is extra retarded. But yeah I was planning on completely deleting the swords rotations from the animations where I'm having problems, and just redoing it myself. I hope that works though.
    But I'll take a look at your motion.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: March 01, 2014, 01:16:18 PM »

That's normally not a problem. Each swordsman I have worked on use both SwordN and RHaveN bones. Admittedly Marth is extra retarded. But yeah I was planning on completely deleting the swords rotations from the animations where I'm having problems, and just redoing it myself. I hope that works though.
    But I'll take a look at your motion.
    Yeah I know how ridiculous he can be that way. But yeah just deleting the rotations should work. Hopefully those SpecialN animations will work out as well. I think they fit better.

Large Leader

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: March 01, 2014, 01:18:40 PM »

I'm not sure how your Hector's fs works, but its not something cheesy where hitboxes keep them in place or something right? I'm an animator so I dont know much of codding anyway. Also I was just calling it a special throw as a place holder, what else would I call it?

If you couldn't tell from my animations already, I'm not a big animator. So no, I wouldn't do something cheesy like that. Ain't no one got time fo' dat.

I guess you could call it a special cluster[censored]. Only thing that really makes sense when you see what you can and can't do with Ike's final.

What you could do is make a completely new animation. Lucina starts from her wait, then she transitions into the healing slash and then the animation ends right there. Don't make it transition to Wait 1. Instead, make another animation where she jumps back/does whatever and does the second slash/whatever is left of her Final and then finally transitions to Wait 1.

The biggest problem I might have is the fact that Marth uses RA Bits in his specials while almost everyone else (if not everyone else) uses Change Subaction. But it's rather straightforward after working with Roy, so no biggie.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: March 01, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »

If you couldn't tell from my animations already, I'm not a big animator. So no, I wouldn't do something cheesy like that. Ain't no one got time fo' dat.

I guess you could call it a special cluster[censored]. Only thing that really makes sense when you see what you can and can't do with Ike's final.

What you could do is make a completely new animation. Lucina starts from her wait, then she transitions into the healing slash and then the animation ends right there. Don't make it transition to Wait 1. Instead, make another animation where she jumps back/does whatever and does the second slash/whatever is left of her Final and then finally transitions to Wait 1.

The biggest problem I might have is the fact that Marth uses RA Bits in his specials while almost everyone else (if not everyone else) uses Change Subaction. But it's rather straightforward after working with Roy, so no biggie.

We've all got our strong points Tongue With that said, why cut the two attacks into two animations when they could just be one? Which would be easier to animate.

I hear RA bits and [censored] and go full retard lol

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: March 01, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »

We've all got our strong points Tongue With that said, why cut the two attacks into two animations when they could just be one? Which would be easier to animate.

I hear RA bits and [censored] and go full retard lol

There's no reason not to do it in one animation.

It just sounds cool when you say animation over and over. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

O snap

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: March 01, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »

There's no reason not to do it in one animation.

It just sounds cool when you say animation over and over. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

Lol pretty sure I do
    Anniiimmmaaaatteeee
    But the reason would be ease. Seeing the whole thing in one fluent movement would not only give more of a sense accuracy when it comes to movement speeds, but save you from finishing one animating, using copy paste on a new animation, then going from there. In fact, even if I know an animation is going to be cut because of how the attack needs to be codded, I will still start it as a single animation for both of those reasons.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 36
    Print
    Jump to: