Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 55
Author Topic: BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates  (Read 544424 times)
Sandfall
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #225 on: June 05, 2014, 12:09:03 AM »

It's not as if you could hover over it and see the description for what the button does. It's not as if you could do that all.

Eh, I was really tired at the time and didn't think that far ahead Tongue. I still think there should be a dialog box allowing you to explain why you are challenging the report though.

Haseyo
    K-Pop Connoisseur
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container 128-bit Pro Gamer 64-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #226 on: June 05, 2014, 09:07:56 AM »

It's not the end of the world. We can tell a strange / accidental challenged report from any other one. Now, if you "accidentally" do it multiple times on reports that clearly are legitimate then we'll take further action.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #227 on: June 05, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »

It's not the end of the world. We can tell a strange / accidental challenged report from any other one. Now, if you "accidentally" do it multiple times on reports that clearly are legitimate then we'll take further action.
    If I may make a suggestion: I think that it would be better that if you want to challenge a report, that you should give a valid reason for it to be challenged. Similar to giving a valid report. Just a thought.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #228 on: June 05, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »

You might had momentarily disabled the windows messages. This makes it not tell you when the hack was successfully uploaded, next time, once submited, check the BV before trying to re-submit a hack if you have the messaging disabled.
    well yah, we had messages on, the please wait bar animation thing just stalled on a forever please wait loop thats what maede us worry

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #229 on: June 05, 2014, 05:14:44 PM »

I'd like to report that the claim that Photoshop CS2 is free, is incorrect. On this forum's "resources" page http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php it states that:
    This is incorrect. When going to Adobe's website, and logging in with my Adobe ID (which I got for free and anyone get for free by just by registering like any other registration based site, without purchasing any software, and is needed to comment in their forums) and then going to the page to download Photoshop CS2, it says:
    While they do not put any technical safeguards/copyprotections/drm in place to prevent non-customers who have a free Adobe ID (like I do), from downloading and using Photoshop CS2 and the included serial numbers, they expect that you will follow the rules (a sort of "honor system") and ONLY download this if you previously purchased the software. It doesn't matter that this is hosted on Adobe's own website, instead of a software piracy website. And it doesn't matter that Adobe has officially released an unprotected (no activation required) version of it. The fact is, that if you have not previously purchased the software, downloading it (even from Adobe's own site) is the ILLEGAL act of software piracy. Just because they have no way to check your honesty when you download and use it, does NOT make it legal to download it without having previously purchased it. You might think "it doesn't matter if I download it without buying it, after all it's not a piracy site, it's Adobe's own site, and they'd never post something on their own website that would make themselves vulnerable to be victims of piracy". But that would be incorrect to assume that as indeed they HAVE posted something on their website that DOES make them vulnerable to piracy, and they expect YOU to do the right thing, and to NOT download it if you've not previously purchased it. So yes, if you download this from the Adobe website, and have not purchased it, you have just committed a crime.

So for the sake of keeping everything as legal as possible on the kc-mm forums, I'm requesting that the incorrect claim of free PS-CS2 that is made on the page http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php be corrected, so that this site doesn't end up condoning piracy. The last thing that this site needs is to get shut down due to it condoning piracy. Hacking games is already a legal "gray area". Any appearance of known illegal actions like piracy (or condoning such actions), puts this site in serious risk of being shut down by the feds.

Also read this article, in which an Adobe employee is quoted as saying that the idea that Photoshop CS2 is free is incorrect, and that you need to have already purchased it to legally download the no-activation-required version of Photoshop CS2 and associated serial number.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/
    Duly noted. It'll be updated. You could've left it at "Photoshop CS2 isn't being given for free anymore", though. Tongue

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »

From what I've read, a more accurate description would be:

"Adobe is effectively distributing their software for free, but don't want you to take it for free."

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #231 on: June 11, 2014, 01:32:43 PM »

Is there a way to disable/avoid/stop using a post merge? It just gets kind of annoying when I'm trying to make a separate point and if somebody reads it, it just looks like I forgot to add something in when I made the original comment. (Plus not everybody reads post merges...)

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #232 on: June 11, 2014, 01:48:12 PM »

Take that question here. This topic is for Brawl Vault related things.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #233 on: June 11, 2014, 02:11:05 PM »

Is there a way to disable/avoid/stop using a post merge? It just gets kind of annoying when I'm trying to make a separate point and if somebody reads it, it just looks like I forgot to add something in when I made the original comment. (Plus not everybody reads post merges...)
    No it's not possible. It's to avoid double posting...

Take that question here. This topic is for Brawl Vault related things.
    ^Also this.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »

Having a way around it defeats the purpose of having it.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »

Isn't having renders that aren't your actual model kinda not allowed?

If so, all of this guys' uploads need to be reported.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=35703&Moderated=All

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #236 on: June 14, 2014, 02:35:21 PM »

I'll await for more opinions on the subject.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #237 on: June 14, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »

I have nothing against this guy since he has in-game previews. Though according to the rules...

Previews should not show the hack's references from external sources. For instance:
    - A hack based on a manga character shouldn't have a picture from the manga in its previews.
    - An import from another game shouldn't have a render from said game in its previews.

Can't be helped since it's all one image...
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:59:00 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2014, 03:05:43 PM »

When I wrote that rule, my intent was that pictures of the source shouldn't be the only thing in the preview. If the others are showing the actual mod, that's fine with me, though the source image(s) would still be better suited to the description than the preview since they aren't providing a look at the mod itself.

There's an argument for disallowing anything in the previews that's not a picture of the actual mod, and I'm fine if that's where we end up.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:07:06 PM by Vyse » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2014, 04:15:03 PM »

I dunno. All I know is that KTH was slammed hard for doing that same thing. He has other preview pictures, but he also had a render from outside the game that he didn't make.

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 55
    Print
    Jump to: