Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1827180 times)
Bad Box Art Mega Man
Keeper of the Gaming Universe
Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5115 on: May 04, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »

Correct.

But you need BrawlEx for the multijump and glide to work correctly.
    guess i'll just test everything else then. my brawl-/cbliss combo wouldnt work so well with brawlEX

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5116 on: May 04, 2014, 05:47:27 PM »

guess i'll just test everything else then. my brawl-/cbliss combo wouldnt work so well with brawlEX
    I could send you my gct if you want. Then you could just place the BrawlEx files in a different folder.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5117 on: May 04, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »

This is over Link, right? I just want to make sure I test it properly. Wink I'll do it promptly, got BrawlEx up and running and all.

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5118 on: May 04, 2014, 06:43:19 PM »

nah, done testing. not much a setback. here's what we got:
    - Model and Moveset is only default Charizard in Brawl & Special Brawl
    - The glide works fine for me
    - Neutral B for default Charizard could easily be abused for spam.
    - No transformation mechanic added (yet) as far as i know.

As for all other modes other than the 2 above:
    - Mega Zard X as the default model in everything else
    --- Wings look flat for Zard X's up tilt (suggestion to make it look sharper)
    --- Uses Zard X's moveset in training
    --- Uses Zard Y's moveset in Classic, AllStar, Target, Homerun, Multiman, and Boss Battles
    ----- All models become visible during some animations of the Zard Y moveset.

Suggestions:
    - Keep the 'inproper' multijump as the multijump for either X, or X & Y. it would give off a more violent vibe.

well that's my feedback. hope it helps

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5119 on: May 04, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »

This is over Link, right? I just want to make sure I test it properly. Wink I'll do it promptly, got BrawlEx up and running and all.
    Yes.

- Model and Moveset is only default Charizard in Brawl & Special Brawl
    - Mega Zard X as the default model in everything else
    --- Uses Zard X's moveset in training
    --- Uses Zard Y's moveset in Classic, AllStar, Target, Homerun, Multiman, and Boss Battles
    That's due to Solo Mode automatically setting the player into battle. I'm not sure how I can fix that.

- Neutral B for default Charizard could easily be abused for spam.
    The move is a placeholder.

- No transformation mechanic added (yet) as far as i know.
    I did implement it. Land enough hits and a sound will play. But it will reset if you die.

--- Wings look flat for Zard X's up tilt (suggestion to make it look sharper)
    It's the way vBrawl's Up Tilt was animated.

- Keep the 'inproper' multijump as the multijump for either X, or X & Y. it would give off a more violent vibe.
    That's something I won't do.

----- All models become visible during some animations of the Zard Y moveset.
    I stated that the model changers mess up when holding items.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5120 on: May 04, 2014, 07:02:18 PM »

ok i tested the transformation until i got 1 of each. it works rather nicely without screwing up, rather than just becoming X all the time.
    i'd say you've got this PSA in the bag. nothing else i see that needs improvement. just insert Charizard's voices when ready is all i can say (that and the improvements you said you'd do)

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5121 on: May 04, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »

Thanks to Carnage and some Action Overrides, the Model Changers now work as they should.

The only issue so far is for a few Frames in Link's Final Smash, Charizard reverts to the Standard Model Changer.

ok i tested the transformation until i got 1 of each. it works rather nicely without screwing up, rather than just becoming X all the time.
    i'd say you've got this PSA in the bag. nothing else i see that needs improvement. just insert Charizard's voices when ready is all i can say (that and the improvements you said you'd do)
    Thanks. Though with BrawlEx, I already have the SFX. The only SFX that I need to implement are the death cries.
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:37:59 PM by KingEvilpuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5122 on: May 04, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »

I can't transform.

What do you mean by: "When enough hits land..."

Do you mean that Charizard needs to hit an enemy much time?
    Or that he needs to be enough damaged?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5123 on: May 04, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »

I can't transform.

What do you mean by: "When enough hits land..."

Do you mean that Charizard needs to hit an enemy much time?
    Or that he needs to be enough damaged?
    It's like a super meter.

After connecting with enough attacks, the All Star warp SFX will play. Press B after that happens.

If you're in Training Mode, then fall off the edge once, since in single player mode, the bit is automatically set.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5124 on: May 04, 2014, 09:23:33 PM »

It's like a super meter.

After connecting with enough attacks, the All Star warp SFX will play. Press B after that happens.

If you're in Training Mode, then fall off the edge once, since in single player mode, the bit is automatically set.

Good idea, but I need to do a lot of hits.
    And when I'm able to do so, I'm already at 120%
    And when I transform, I die after a while.

This needs to be changed a little. And it'll be better if it is via Taunt.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5125 on: May 04, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »

Only real thing I can think of is to make Charizard's wings flap more during Fly.
    Aside from that, it's about perfect.

Might do a preview later~

Edit: Getting star KO'd gave a crash. Getting KO'd in general gives me a crash for some reason.
    Huh.
    ...Could be something on my end though.
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:15:16 AM by Kagerou Imaizumi » Logged

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5126 on: May 05, 2014, 12:47:22 AM »

kjp you should put some ic constant codes if anyone here doesnt fell like to use brawlex and prefers to use him over link or a link clone ovesomeone by itself, i mean its up to them to add the codes or not

some sugestions i have

Mega evos should be availble much sooner for instance i found its much easier to get kills with Y due to that huge neutral special than with X, doing all that trouble to land all those hits  to be turned into X seemed pointless to me since my % everytime was preety high when that happened and it wasnt very friendly to be at close range of my oponent to land his hits, i sugest cutting the super meter into half imo.

Balancing Y neutral B even tough you made it not very spamable just the sheer range of the move is devasting you can kill anyone if you use an atack to send him off stage and just use the n-b on them, you should make it take more time to recharge like 6 seconds and reduce the move by 50% area, tbh the move looks like it would make an amazing FS rather than being a neutral special to me epic gfx and all.

X neutral special takes alot of startup time even after you release the button you might need to look into that becuase if i release the button i want a fast response and he takes forever to start the move probably 30 frames or more.

Mega transform sugestion
    make it on the taunt, some ppl might want to use normal charizard and you essentialy take out his n-b if ppl want to make it so, just change the transform to down taunt so ppl can choose to mega evolve or not, also take out the camera close up on the mega evolve.

will test more latter this were my first inpressions
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:49:30 AM by Carnage » Logged

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5127 on: May 05, 2014, 04:04:42 AM »

Seems I was just using a bad PSA that caused crashes, weird.
    In other news~
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUTm5flc_I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUTm5flc_I</a>

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5128 on: May 05, 2014, 06:55:03 AM »

Replies are in the Spoiler.

Good idea, but I need to do a lot of hits.
    And when I'm able to do so, I'm already at 120%
    And when I transform, I die after a while.
    I'll be reducing the amount of hits it takes in order to enable Mega Evolution.

Only real thing I can think of is to make Charizard's wings flap more during Fly.
    Aside from that, it's about perfect.
    The Animation is a placeholder.

Getting star KO'd gave a crash. Getting KO'd in general gives me a crash for some reason.
    Huh.
    ...Could be something on my end though.
    Seems I was just using a bad PSA that caused crashes, weird.
    I've tested this PSA on my Wii for hours and days. It could just be a faulty PSA you're up against.

kjp you should put some ic constant codes if anyone here doesnt fell like to use brawlex and prefers to use him over link or a link clone ovesomeone by itself, i mean its up to them to add the codes or not
    If someone wouldn't mind making the following codes, then I could make a standard Link Version.
    -Link has Multijump.
    -Link has Glide.
    -Link has Charizard's Soundbank.

Mega evos should be availble much sooner for instance i found its much easier to get kills with Y due to that huge neutral special than with X, doing all that trouble to land all those hits  to be turned into X seemed pointless to me since my % everytime was preety high when that happened and it wasnt very friendly to be at close range of my oponent to land his hits, i sugest cutting the super meter into half imo.
    Yeah. I noticed those issues as well. I'll be sure to reduce the amount of hits.

Balancing Y neutral B even tough you made it not very spamable just the sheer range of the move is devasting you can kill anyone if you use an atack to send him off stage and just use the n-b on them, you should make it take more time to recharge like 6 seconds and reduce the move by 50% area, tbh the move looks like it would make an amazing FS rather than being a neutral special to me epic gfx and all.
    I've been experimenting with balancing the move for a while. And by the looks of it, I need to reduce the knockback of the final weaker hits.

X neutral special takes alot of startup time even after you release the button you might need to look into that becuase if i release the button i want a fast response and he takes forever to start the move probably 30 frames or more.
    I'll see what I can do about that.

Mega transform sugestion
    make it on the taunt, some ppl might want to use normal charizard and you essentialy take out his n-b if ppl want to make it so, just change the transform to down taunt so ppl can choose to mega evolve or not, also take out the camera close up on the mega evolve.
    I'm not going to map Mega Evolution to a Taunt. Though I do have an idea. Instead of just pressing B, the player has to press both B and A when the meter is ready in order to Mega Evolve. And I guess I could remove the camera zoom.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUTm5flc_I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUTm5flc_I</a>
    Yay. \o0o/

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5129 on: May 05, 2014, 09:20:54 AM »

After the feedback from 4 of the current testers, I have made the following changes.

-Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast has been drastically nerfed. Though I might have nerfed it too much. The projectile starts out strong in terms of damage and knockback, but quickly weakens in both terms to the point in which it can't even KO.
    -Mega Charizard X's Dragon Claw startup has been sped up. I may also include Super Armor.
    -The amount of hits it takes to enable Mega Evolution has been drastically reduced.
    -When Mega Evolution is ready, the player has to press both A and B with the right timing to activate.

I also added some GFX to Mega Charizard Y's activation.

I still need feedback from the remaining 6 testers.

Another suggestion made by someone who watched the preview video was to have standard Charizard come to a stop when Flare Blitz connects (Like P:M Wario's Side Special). I'm not too fond of the idea, but I decided to post this suggestion here, so the public can have a say in the matter.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: