Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - ForOhFor Error

#1
Probably the fastest anyone got into the PMBR. Congrats, man. Looking forward to what you make in the future.
#2
I approve of Ike Climbers.
#3
Programming / Re: SSE Investigation Collab...
March 24, 2014, 07:25:40 PM
Going to lock this thread, just so anything newly found doesn't go in this dead topic.
#4
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 28, 2014, 11:11:22 PM
Well, you could kick them off by having a floor that rises from the inside of the hole just when the walls finish closing. The character would be forced to not be hanging in there anymore.

Or if you want to punish hanging there you can have a ceiling that pushes down into a kill zone.
#5
Stages / Re: Stage Workshop
January 13, 2014, 09:48:45 PM
For environmental texture resources, battlefield, castle siege, and a lot of the SSE stages have some nice stuff already in the game's art style. The stage looks amazing, and I wish you luck on it.

Maybe even have the lighthouse activated, using the Smash Ball's model, or maybe a modified subspace bomb blast model?
#6
I have immense respect for you - I can't believe you used the stage-builder block method.

Very few people still do that now that importing's an option.

All the same, you made a fantastic stage. Hats off to you, sir.
#8
Project M's site has DDoS Protection, or did you not notice?
#9
It would be cool if a more traditional IDE setup could be used, to allow adding comments and naming variables, that then just compiled into PSA scripting (I'm totally calling it SmashScript).

But I guess that that would be way too complicated.
#10
Stages / Re: Stage Workshop
November 16, 2013, 03:29:13 AM
Quote from: xxWutzMercyxx on November 12, 2013, 09:08:47 AM
Been awhile since I preview anything :P Here's a Portal 2 stage I started yesterday. Glad to see to stage makers being active though ;D
Is that an edit of my old Aperture labs stage? I recognize the general layout, as well as the test chamber plaque and goo textures.
I'm fine with that (as long as you give credit) but I recommend that you reimport the model, if you haven't already. It was an obj import stage (the first, in fact) and that method tends to be... unstable.
#11
Programming / Re: Current Public Clone Engine
November 08, 2013, 01:29:13 AM
Quote from: Ultraxwing on November 08, 2013, 01:11:22 AM
I made a backup before i did this. and under these very extreme circumstances i can confirm that it does break the save file. this is a very specific events to follow. i don't even use All star mode i just use VS. so it is broken, i just never found it cause all i do is brawl.

so yeah, i'll wait the allotted time it'll take to get the Clone engine. although i'm not a fan of Project:M, but i knew i was going to have to go to it eventually. though i can't use any custom characters they way the GCT works.

All star mode isn't where the corruption is caused, it's just a fairly consistent way of telling if your save is corrupted.

The corruption has other, subtler effects. Some benign, some potentially game destroying.

As much as I may disagree with the PMBR, they do test their codes thoroughly - something you've already proven that you haven't.
#12
General Hacking Discussion / Re: Ever wonder Brawl?
September 27, 2013, 12:50:35 AM
You're asking for the "Clone Engine," by the way. It's basically the holy grail right now, and only after years of intelligent and dedicated exploration of Brawl's coding (which is not readable in its original form, rather it's all in assembly) has there been a working version of it, with the reveal of Roy as a playable character in Project M.

So forgive us if we thought your "just do what fits to the game code" comment came off as ignorant. Because a lot of people have tried and failed.
#13
Quote from: DarkPika on September 20, 2013, 11:44:17 PM
I have 0.68d

I wish we had the frame limit of 100 back -.-*
older brbx's with that implamentation could run animations at 100FPS even on my machine.
(that's because there was less data processed)
^ I now assume about 62FPS on my machine at 100FPS

and I wish normal editing was easier on other programs...
(you can't redirect the normal and change it's coords)

if you could export them to a better (less error-prone) format,
things would be alot easier.

unless you've fixed those issues I've reported :-\

Why would you need to run it at 100fps?
#14
Not sure if you saw this thread, it seems like it might be a good opportunity for you
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=62443.0
#15
It may be difficult for you to find someone that will fit the job.

I'm not sure how familiar with the brawl modding scene you are, but most stage makers here import stages from other games, or otherwise recreate them. Very few of them make their stage models from scratch in a modeling program.

Good luck though, all the same. I'm sure many of us (Including myself) will follow the game's development.