Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

help here, everything going right but when i want to add wily castle over skyworld and pyrosphere over luigis mansion, the game just freezes,

I am having a problem with the stage expansion pack with project m, after a possibly random number of matches (I have not sat down and counted so it could be consistent) dolphin will crash. When using a normal project m virtual sd card dolphin does not crash on me. I was wondering what are some of the possible issues that could be causing this?

Quote from: robinpup on May 01, 2014, 11:08:50 AM
help here, everything going right but when i want to add wily castle over skyworld and pyrosphere over luigis mansion, the game just freezes,
You need a REL that's compatible with said stage
Quote from: Dragoon Fighter on May 09, 2014, 08:08:54 AM
I am having a problem with the stage expansion pack with project m, after a possibly random number of matches (I have not sat down and counted so it could be consistent) dolphin will crash. When using a normal project m virtual sd card dolphin does not crash on me. I was wondering what are some of the possible issues that could be causing this?
I dunno. I freeze whenever I pick an expansion stage on console.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on May 09, 2014, 03:35:54 PM
I dunno. I freeze whenever I pick an expansion stage on console.

Well that's not much help. Perhaps we can help each other out here is my virtual sd card that is with the project m + stage expansion: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ir9p28di51gpjab/sd%28Stage+expansion%29.raw

If you find the time, let's see if you can recreate my problem, if you can't then we can start narrowing down the differences it down until we isolate the key difference and I can fix it accordingly.

I found a stage that is similar to PokeFloats from Melee, but is not exactly the same exact one. Would you consider adding this stage, or would you only take an exact recreation of the Melee one?
Here's a link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=19920

Sorry if this has been posted, but there were too many post to look through. Google search also didn't come up with any results with a definitive answer.

Quote from: BOY_BACON on June 08, 2014, 03:16:39 AM
I found a stage that is similar to PokeFloats from Melee, but is not exactly the same exact one. Would you consider adding this stage, or would you only take an exact recreation of the Melee one?
Here's a link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=19920


Sorry if this has been posted, but there were too many post to look through. Google search also didn't come up with any results with a definitive answer.

He will never add it, due to it not being close enough to the original.
<- I Support MM8BDM!

Quote from: GameAndWatcher on June 08, 2014, 04:56:35 AM
He will never add it, due to it not being close enough to the original.
Thanks for the help

Ehh, maybe I should put Poke Floats 2 in. Not sure where it should go though - the stages are already maxed out.

maybe PW will show up suddenly with a new stage expansion engine :D

Quote from: libertyernie on June 15, 2014, 03:29:36 PM
Ehh, maybe I should put Poke Floats 2 in. Not sure where it should go though - the stages are already maxed out.
You could place Poke Floats 2 in an extra folder as an optional stage because I know Poke Floats is not a stage in melee that everyone enjoyed.

I haven't tried it personally because installing stage mods is something I have much experience in, but the videos seem convincing. The only complaints I have about it is the background, occasional floats flying through each other, and some cheap platforming.

Edit: Found a video of PokeFloats from Melee in Brawl. Still a work in progress. At 4:15. I don't know if people are still working on it
http://youtu.be/wM6JzR0wwVg?t=4m15s

June 17, 2014, 02:15:38 AM #1240 Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:01:16 AM by libertyernie
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on June 15, 2014, 03:33:07 PM
maybe PW will show up suddenly with a new stage expansion engine :D
AFAIK the expansion engine can handle 255 stages. It's the stage select screen that's holding me back :P

New poll is up! Mewtwo2000 posted a new Sector Z a few months ago (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=9156) and I was wondering what size to use.


So... has anyone gotten cBliss working with either of the Project M packs? I've heard of people doing it and even downloaded some packs that claimed to have it enabled but none worked.

Quote from: DocStrange on June 20, 2014, 06:39:37 PM
So... has anyone gotten cBliss working with either of the Project M packs? I've heard of people doing it and even downloaded some packs that claimed to have it enabled but none worked.

Yep, works fine for me. Pretty sure you can just use Mewtwo2000's cBliss tool and it'll do the work for you.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33347

Speaking of which, has anyone gotten Project M, cBliss, stage expansion and alternate stage loader all working together? There's a few stages I've got a few alternates of which I'd like to run at the same time but I couldn't get it to work without freezing.

I know it's excessive don't judge me.

Quote from: HowDoISpaceJam on June 21, 2014, 05:40:44 AM
Speaking of which, has anyone gotten Project M, cBliss, stage expansion and alternate stage loader all working together? There's a few stages I've got a few alternates of which I'd like to run at the same time but I couldn't get it to work without freezing.

Me, actually. I'm expanding all my characters, I'm using the max number of stages, and most of them are ASL'd. Have you checked if the stages in each slot are compatible with the used rel?
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial