Sawndz 0.12 - RELEASED

Started by Jaklub, April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Cool, looks like my notes did not go to waste.

Good work on lengthening the sounds and lol at the sound you tested.

Just out of curiousity, did you build an offset rebuilder, or did you just edit the header and frequency settings to get a longer, but lower quiliaty sound (that sound was pretty long and the quality didn't sound like it suffered to heavily)?
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

I "slapped" the long sample onto the sound data of 0x31F group (that belongs to snd_group_narration_characall group) and edited the 0x31F collection to match it. WAVE header was also edited manually. Offsets of groups that are after snd_group_narration_characall were automatically edited by program.

The sound could have higher frequency, but I don't know if Wii would freeze.

Original Sonic sample is still there, but I'm working on functions that will allow the user to actually swap sounds.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Bender Bending Rodríguez on July 03, 2011, 09:48:45 AMi got a idea for one of your´s next sawnds versions do it so it can preview sounds like Smashbox but working in 64bit too

SECOND!!!
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Quote from: Bender Bending Rodríguez on July 03, 2011, 09:48:45 AM
preview sounds like Smashbox but working in 64bit too

This NEEDS to happen someday... Then we can all make our own soundpacks!

Just a question, is there a less repetitive way to insert sound.wav files?

I mean I hate to keep loading up the .dat file then rename the .wav file to sound.wav and repeat those steps around 35 times.

So, is there anyway to do this quicker?

ತಎತ

No, but take it from someone who did the older method. This is 50x faster since you don't have to hex them in.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 16, 2011, 11:42:02 PM
No, but take it from someone who did the older method. This is 50x faster since you don't have to hex them in.
Wait do you mean hex .wav into the brsar or hex packets?

Well, at least doing the new method only takes around 5-15 minutes.

ತಎತ

Renaming is not necessary anymore. Use Generate sound.wav, that function exists only because wav editing was tedious.

Anyway, next version will be much faster to use.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

and...the ability for UNLIMITED long sfx  :happy:

Quote from: Jaklub on July 16, 2011, 11:59:46 PM
Renaming is not necessary anymore. Use Generate sound.wav, that function exists only because wav editing was tedious.

Anyway, next version will be much faster to use.
Oh, ok. Thanks. :P

ತಎತ

Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PM
dammit I just had to share this.
Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8
LOL "there's nothing more cotheresnotheres..." and the apocolypse of sonic voices commences

on another note, I plan to do more steve erkal voice hacks over the announcer, but the sounds there are too long...

I'm working on Sawndz 0.1 as we speak. It will be ready in a few days and will probably be up with another project I've been working on since a while.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

awesome :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

the duration field do I cill that in like:
seconds fractionseconds?
OR
1.00
?