Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
epic info on the way :)

upon the next release of UMC, Kirby Air Ride vcStar****.dat files will be supported in the melee dat script ;)
(the script will also have a name change to "HAL Labs")


I've been working on my DAT template for HexEdit, and it already supports the full mesh info for both games ;)
(it also highlights the hex properly)

if I could post pics, I would...
I already have a few ready. ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

*waits for the day that it can support melee stages*

thats pretty much all i need this for lol
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

May 08, 2013, 01:07:46 PM #227 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:18:36 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: DSX8 on May 08, 2013, 08:48:00 AM
*waits for the day that it can support melee stages*

thats pretty much all i need this for lol
I hope to have that supported by the next release as well,
along with the "..._matanim_joint" portions of Melee Pl****.dat files. ;)

I'm trying to help IE over at SWF with the stage info... so yea :P

I hate this format so much... lol
it's not easy to work with like the MDL0 format.

unlike the MDL0 format no two files have the same structure layout...

the tree in Melee Pl/Ty files begins with various joint structures,
while in KAR vcStar files the tree begins with something that seems to link in a bunch of other things before sending you to 2 joint structures...

Melee Gr files are different as well :/

those strings I've talked about earlier in the root nodes mean absolutely nothing as KAR has no particular way of following the data represented by those strings...

however...
I wouldn't exactly call my new method "reliable" as well...


these files are extremely puzzling and are quite a headache to figure out. >_<


EDIT:
welp...
there goes my idea >_<

GR*.dat files have just completely bamfed my system...

all I can think of now is that the relocation table is used to identify pointers that point to the beginning of every structure in the file.

I guess all I can do is compair the length of the root structure to determine it's type.

UUUUGH I hate this format >_<

the old method wouldn't work here either as the string doesn't contain a "joint" at the third index of a string:
"string1_string2_joint"

Post Merge: May 10, 2013, 12:18:35 PM

well...
apparently I can't login over at SWF to post my info :srs:

it says I don't have cookies enabled when I've set VTunnel to allow cookies AND scripts.

so I'll post it here so I don't forget to post over at SWF.
(and so other people can look at the info)


I've been doing some work on the "relocation table"
apparently the table does nothing more than list every (valid) pointer in the file in the order of from the start of the file to the end.
(pointer[0] is the first valid pointer in the file)

if a pointer in a stucture results to 0, it is invalid and not logged in the table.

I think this may be used in defining the structures of the file and figuring out the structure used by the root pointer (root node)

I've reorganised what I'm now calling the "pointer array",
and have displayed the info as:
FOR: pointers
+ pointer[0] -> "0x########"
...


it's slower to process though as I had to build my own hex display parser... (notice the quotes "")

hopefully I'll have this thing pinned soon ;)
(then ANY file will work as long as they use known structures)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

so now that I've finally gotten a sucessful MDL0 which uses both "Unknown1" and "Unknown2" resource offsets...
I'm working on my MDL0 template again, and am making quite a few changes :)

would you guys like me to rename the data fields according to the actual names referred to in the SDK??
or would you like me to just leave them with noob friendly names??

actually... I'll post this in a poll

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

May 29, 2013, 10:03:02 PM #229 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:30:53 AM by DarkPika
well, lets just say, I went with the SDK terms, but tried to simplify it for noobs learning the format. ;)
when following that perspective, learning the MDL0 format should be quite conveinent ;D

and good news! =D
I'm going over to my friends,
and unless their lap-top's dead, I'll have my MDL0 template updated in only a few hours ;D

the material nodes are still called nodes until I can figure out what to call GL's advanced texturing interface (ATI)

NOTE:
Shaders use the GPU
GL's ATI uses the CPU (does the same thing as shaders)

Post Merge: May 30, 2013, 12:27:51 AM

well, guess what...
I UD'd it. ^_^

here it is:
http://gist.github.com/Tcll/3196110

NOTE: color structure now uses Vector (vec4) definition,
so the "color header" will now be the "vector header".

loading time also take a little longer because of the fur data.
(also uses the Vector definition)

I'll UD the OP later... :P


EDIT: I'll be working on data highlites for the next update ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I'm trying to use your utimate model convertor the download from the opening post and i can't figure out how to activate it

also can this be used to convert .obj to .dae files that ssbb uses


The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
But has a image sig.
*has SD card now*

May 30, 2013, 11:00:12 AM #231 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:57:45 AM by DarkPika
Quote from: N64killer on May 30, 2013, 02:36:11 AM
I'm trying to use your utimate model convertor the download from the opening post and i can't figure out how to activate it

also can this be used to convert .obj to .dae files that ssbb uses
with dev4, you have to run the BAT file.
dev5 will have it's own exe ;)

I'll post a link to the EXE Diddy Kong built for me in a moment. :)

and yes it can, but not at the moment...
I need some help with building an XML library so I can build a DAE script.

also...
dev4's interface isn't good for building part2 of it's libraries.
but part2 is for the graphical stuff so that really doesn't matter atm... :P
(since dev4 can't do materials just yet)

all of these things will be fixed in dev5, but I can't say it won't take a while...

I'll try to get my last running version working again and upload that as dev4.5...
(uses a slightly improved dev4 base code, but improves the viewer control by alot)

Post Merge: May 30, 2013, 11:19:20 AM

here you go:
https://dropbox.com/s/4e31kq5rx0oh7g1/1.exe

just drop it in UMC's root directory and run it. ;)

you may also wanna rename it :P

Post Merge: May 30, 2013, 11:57:45 AM

oh, btw
dev5 won't have a viewer upon release.

I'm working on that as a plugin for the console app.

I was working on the viewer stuff rather than working on the main aspect of the program like I should've been...

even though the initial release of dev5 will be a console app,
I will still add support for everything I talked about ;)
meaning you'll be able to convert animations and even deal with compression :)
however, it will be a little limited due to the limitations of such a simple text interface.

everything internal will work as if it was working with the viewer.
meaning pre-transformed coords will be supported,
along with the dual-buffer interface, and everything else I talked about earlier. ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

after downloading it. My laptop says it is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous.


The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
But has a image sig.
*has SD card now*

May 30, 2013, 09:23:23 PM #233 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:05:33 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: N64killer on May 30, 2013, 01:11:01 PM
after downloading it. My laptop says it is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous.
that's because it was uploaded for me and windows 7 is stupid XD

Diddy Kong is the one who ULd it because I asked him to build it.

what does the EXE do?
edit the BAT file in notepad.
it's those exact same commands I gave him :)

Post Merge: May 30, 2013, 10:05:32 PM

updated the OP with alot more info ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

May 31, 2013, 03:39:54 AM #234 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:57:06 AM by N64killer
Ok so three things...

1) Clicking UMC.bat brings up the model viewer and cmd.exe got that down

2) that exe i downloaded keeps bringing up this error message.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game Start
for object object0:

Cannot execute data/Python272/python.exe <--- to here
Edit: nevermind about number 2 i figure it out had to move the Python272 folder

3) I going to guess i suppose to type something in the cmd.exe what would that be?


The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
But has a image sig.
*has SD card now*

1: that console is actually python.exe

2: I thought dev4 already had the Python272 folder in the data directory...
guess not ._.
I'll have to note that... thanx

3: once the GL window appears, use Ctrl+(I/E) to import/export a model.

dev4 is very basic, so it doesn't support materials and textures...

viewing control is also limited...
I'm working on my last working build to improve the viewer control and add basic material and texture support...
(just a little piece of candy while I work on dev5) ;)


doesn't dev4 have a readme?? :-\
(I could've sworn I listed the controls in dev4)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

there is a readme but i think it was about how to make python programs or something...


The Dry Boney that needs canon to make sig with sense,
But has a image sig.
*has SD card now*

ah, then that just tells you how to run it...
even if you can't use BAT files XD

I'm not sure if I left a "controls.txt" in the directory,
or if I wrote the controls in the readme near the bottom.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

June 02, 2013, 11:48:32 PM #238 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:52:14 PM by DarkPika
while rebuilding UMC's internal interface,
I had to reconsider a few things which would have screwed up the SES revisioning...
mainly the vector space coordinates and such...

if I could ask for some input from other people to help me finish my notes,
it would very much help out. :)

Verts: [ X, Y, Z, W ]
Normals: [ I, J, K, L or H (pending) ]
BiNormals: [ ? ] [ BI, BJ, BK ]
Tangents: [ ? ] [ TI, TJ, TK ]
UVs: [ S, T, R, Q ]


does anyone know anything different??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

well here's a surprize... ;D
I was working on UMC's update interface on my server when I ran into this:
http://tcll5850.hostoi.com/hacks/pikachu/Dark_Pikachu_v4b.zip

I knew I'd uploaded it somewhere :)

I'm not going to make the release until I have some decent images.
this particular zip, I do believe is just lazilly put together...
I think it's just everything for the fighter folder and nothing else...
there's also no readme... :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.