Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1602861 times)
DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3915 on: May 23, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »

Bad news: Some problem has come with FoD. While I'm having nice progress with the background stuff, the stage has reached the limit. I guess there's a model limit or something. The case is that, even deleting textures and having a filesize lower to 2MB, I can't seem to be having the 3 modeldatas working at once. While testing, I've only managed to make it work as a whole over Battlefield, using 4 modeldatas and not 3.

This is how the stage would look now:

So, I'm not 100% sure I'm able to continue the stage, at least the way I was doing it. I have to try every possibility, changing models from a modeldata to another may work. But this will take time.

PS: These are 177 models right now.

D=  awww nooo, that sucks!!! hope ur able to find a way to get it bak on track.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

moleman915
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3916 on: May 23, 2011, 02:42:07 PM »

That is so heart breaking =[

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3917 on: May 23, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »

New facility is epic but I really want to see more progress on outside peach's castle SM64 still love your stages

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3918 on: May 23, 2011, 03:32:36 PM »

That is so heart breaking =[

Well, I'm continuing the right icecream thingy. My goal now is managing to finish it and try to not lose any other model because of it. I've disabled the garbage elements in the background to keep improving until the stage dies again.

New facility is epic but I really want to see more progress on outside peach's castle SM64 still love your stages

I'll post new progress on Peach's Castle tomorrow Wink

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3919 on: May 23, 2011, 03:33:30 PM »

FFF yes look forward to it
    « Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:46:19 PM by donaldthescotishtwin » Logged

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3920 on: May 23, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »

Why you don't do some like GameWatching? YOu vertex a object some like the form.

Oh, and what it's happened for What is Love true?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3921 on: May 23, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »

I did vertex one object, but the texture was creepy in the upper part. I decided using multiple parts because of accuracy. Anyway, it's behaving well, I have most of the column made, with half of the garbage in the background, and still works O.o

About What Is Love... I suppose I still have the alpha somewhere. I will make it someday I suppose. Too bad my jigglypuff gif got deleted... T_T

Stage shadows tutorial

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #3922 on: May 23, 2011, 05:51:41 PM »

I did vertex one object, but the texture was creepy in the upper part. I decided using multiple parts because of accuracy. Anyway, it's behaving well, I have most of the column made, with half of the garbage in the background, and still works O.o

F*ck yes!

I knew you would pull through man.

I remember when I would message you almost daily with random stage problems, and you always found a way to fix them Wink

Anyway, my game is loading right now, that means I'm about to try out Facility.

I downloaded the big portrait you included as well, but had to resize to 128x128 to fit libertyernie's Stage Expansion Pack.

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3923 on: May 23, 2011, 05:53:32 PM »

Hey, you know those textures that are always facing towards the screen no matter how you rotate the camera? How do you make those? Or what I mean is, where can I get a model that does that so I can retexture it myself?

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #3924 on: May 23, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »

What do you mean when you say garbage? Stuff that's in the stage but isn't needed?

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #3925 on: May 23, 2011, 06:02:19 PM »

Hey, you know those textures that are always facing towards the screen no matter how you rotate the camera? How do you make those? Or what I mean is, where can I get a model that does that so I can retexture it myself?

Yeah I always wondered that myself. It's something in the materials I believe.

I noticed Mewtwo did it for his Sector Z stage from Smash Bros. 64.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3926 on: May 23, 2011, 11:57:35 PM »

still awaiting that tutorial for the Block Builder tool x3

also, guessing u still havent had a chance to work/fix/finish on the animation for my stage?

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Ryan
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3927 on: May 24, 2011, 12:41:32 AM »

Bad news: Some problem has come with FoD. While I'm having nice progress with the background stuff, the stage has reached the limit. I guess there's a model limit or something. The case is that, even deleting textures and having a filesize lower to 2MB, I can't seem to be having the 3 modeldatas working at once. While testing, I've only managed to make it work as a whole over Battlefield, using 4 modeldatas and not 3.

This is how the stage would look now:

So, I'm not 100% sure I'm able to continue the stage, at least the way I was doing it. I have to try every possibility, changing models from a modeldata to another may work. But this will take time.

PS: These are 177 models right now.

Well if you will not be able to find a solution to fit in the whole background, I would think it would be the best if you just delete the model of the right icecream-column and upload the stage on the vault as a new beta for now. Because the left side is already done and the whole stage looks great the way it is, even without the right Icecream.

And after you uploaded this as a new beta, youre still able to take enogh time to get ideas or do some trys about to complete it. While everyone is able to download your latest beta with the new background models on the left side, which also looks really amazing so far.

Just an idea.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #3928 on: May 24, 2011, 04:19:31 AM »

That's the model, not the texture. It's a special model that moves like that.

I first used it in Fourside, for the moon. Well, it was a 2D ufo in the beginning, and I took it from Smashville. You can get it from Smashville, Fourside, Sector Z and Temple of Time (the 2D spirit stones are made with them xD)

What do you mean when you say garbage? Stuff that's in the stage but isn't needed?

I mean those small 2D models with stars and stuff in the background, on the main platform. Somebody called them garbage once and I refer to them like that sometimes too... I guess the texture I use for them is called garbage indeed xD

still awaiting that tutorial for the Block Builder tool x3

also, guessing u still havent had a chance to work/fix/finish on the animation for my stage?

I'm having a very limited time, I'm on my 2 last weeks of classes and I can't do things in the computer room. People are getting most of the computers at anytime because of how near the exams are...

So, I've not worked/fixed/finished with it yet. And my computer at home isn't good for it. I mean, to see the animation, it takes forever. That's why I haven't started the looped version of Ganon's Tower yet, Ganon needs a new animation and I'm not able to use good computers. I have to format some computer I have at home and try if it's better than my laptop, but I've not done it yet.

About the tutorial, sure, I'll try to get it done today

Well if you will not be able to find a solution to fit in the whole background, I would think it would be the best if you just delete the model of the right icecream-column and upload the stage on the vault as a new beta for now. Because the left side is already done and the whole stage looks great the way it is, even without the right Icecream.

And after you uploaded this as a new beta, youre still able to take enogh time to get ideas or do some trys about to complete it. While everyone is able to download your latest beta with the new background models on the left side, which also looks really amazing so far.

Just an idea.

I'm trying to complete the right model first. If I succeed, I will upload it as a new beta with both icecreams. If not, I may be uploading with both icecreams and half garbage, right icecream or left icecream. I will see about it. Right now, it still works, and the right icecream is almost finished. I've counted the number of models now, and it's greater than before, when it was freezing. And the garbage models are the same as icecream's. So, a new theory would be, it's not a model limit, but a loaded texture limit. I will check if this is true when I include the different garbage things, the ones a little more near to the action (those 5 different models you can see in the middle of the grass in the picture)
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:20:36 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Ryan
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3929 on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:18 AM »

Yeah.. Fountain of Dreams is a very big project youve been working on. I followed this process since the beginning of the first beta. I hope you will motivate yourself and continue to bring back Melee Stages.

Because im still hoping to see "Peach's Castle" and ESPECIALLY "Great Bay" in a proffesional look, like you does with "Fountain of Dreams".

Pages:  1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: