Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2840620 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2580 on: February 15, 2014, 12:44:29 PM »

I've come across something extremely odd...

While using BrawlEx (not the recent one with 100 slots, but the one before that) I sometimes freeze on the strap menu and I'm now freezing on the "Now Loading" screen. It doesn't give me a beep, it just freezes and the wii sounds like it's working through it. I'm unable to use the wii mote at all (it doesn't even show me the "Can't go home" thing) and I have to turn off the wii and turn it back on manually.

What's up with that?

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2581 on: February 15, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »

I found a minor but kinda strange bug; if you pick a clone and you set another player as the Pokemon Trainer, but you specify a Pokemon to start with, at the end of the match, the player who picked the Pokemon Trainer will be moved to the clone for some reason. When player 1 was the trainer, and player 2 was the clone, it defaults to the character that the clone was based from.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2582 on: February 15, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »

While using BrawlEx (not the recent one with 100 slots, but the one before that) I sometimes freeze on the strap menu and I'm now freezing on the "Now Loading" screen. It doesn't give me a beep, it just freezes and the wii sounds like it's working through it. I'm unable to use the wii mote at all (it doesn't even show me the "Can't go home" thing) and I have to turn off the wii and turn it back on manually.

What's up with that?

This happens to me quite a bit when using Ex on console for whatever reason, but it never happens on Dolphin despite the setups being identical at one point.

I just turn off the Wii, remove the SD card, put it back in a second later, and try again and then it works.
    « Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:00:28 PM by Eternal Yoshi » Logged

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2583 on: February 15, 2014, 01:41:55 PM »

I just came to read the thread again, to surprise again.

100 character roster?!!

Well there are 93 characters on that screen, 4 alloys and giga/wario.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2584 on: February 15, 2014, 01:47:13 PM »

Ya I did. It still hard freezes when I try to make it go to team battle.

You may just want to double check that you do have the updated module in your sd card. Sometimes it's pretty easy for Windows to not copy the file over for one reason or another. You can confirm your module version by opening up the module in the Module Editor and looking at the text starting in section[4].

The slots for pokemon to have independent CSS icons, are 1d 1e 21. these will still allow you to switch your character in game though. so yes, it is the same as picking the character from the CSP Tongue

You're right in that regard. However, if you look at the fighter chart, you'll see that there are two Slots for each pokémon (1E, 1F, 20, 21, 22, and 23). If you look on the row below, you'll see that there are 4 CSS Slots for PT (1B, 1C, 1D, and 1E). The mapping for the CSS slots to Character Slots are as follows:

CSS 1B -> Slot 1D
    CSS 1C -> Slot 1D
    CSS 1D -> Slot 1F
    CSS 1E -> Slot 21

However, the actual independent pokémon are in Character Slots 1E, 20, and 22. All you need to do is use the CSS Config files to remap some CSS icons to those Character Slots - it's the same procedure that you'd use to add the Alloys to the CSS. I've already made up some config files to go over CSS Slots 1C, 1D, and 1E, but really you can use them for any slot. I'll add them to the config templates for the next BrawlEx CE update.

Independent Pokémon CSS Slot Configs

...Though I'd personally probably keep it at 98 slots for aesthetic reasons, but I assume it's still simple to customize the slots that show?

Really, the best medium would probably be 84 (6 x 14). Even though the BrawlEX CE supports 100 slots, the Boss slots and other unused slots before 0x3F prevent actually reaching that limit. I might release an optimized BrawlExCE configuration that reorganizes the slots to increase that limit, but we'll have to tackle that boundary when we get to it.

was the team battle fix on the individual modules or on bxfighter.rel or any common file? i need to know if i need to update all my clone modules.

another question do we need to use the sccharacter.pac that comes with this? we cant use the old one? it will be really boring redoing cosmetics for 11 chars :S

The only file that was updated was bx_fighter.rel. So you should only need to swap that one out.

If you want to implement the CSS Expansion into your own prebuilt sc_selchar.pac, just use the files in Resources folder of the BrawlEx CSS Expansion package. Replace the MenSelchrPos_TopN .mdl0 .chr0 files in your sc_selchar.pac with the one in the Resources folder. The MiscData[13] is only needed if you already are using a modified common3.pac. Otherwise, you can just use the one in the CoreFiles directory.

This is aimed more toward PW than anyone else, but I've extracted the Alloy cosmetics from my sc_selcharacter.pac file.

If you want to add them yourself, follow Sammi-husky's tutorial, and with luck, PW will add these to his official downloads.

Alloy Cosmetics

Included are just the images (but also the misc_data[X] files for the char_bust_tex_lz77 archive), but all of them the Alloys will need (I've even made and included stock icons, so you probably want to put those in a STGRESULT.pac and sc_selmap.pac).

Also bear in mind this is made for an unmodded sc_selcharacter.pac, meaning all the fonts used are direct matches to Nintendo's.

If you remember my animation looping issues, the screenshot I used there shows Red's CSP as well as the icons for the others, meaning it makes for a good preview:

Nicely done. I'll add them to the OP in the downloads section.

What's up with that?

That is a known bug in the BrawlEX CE and has to do with the hookpoint that the bx_fighter module gets loaded at. It may be a while before it gets fully fixed. As Eternal Yoshi said, the only real way to fix it is to reset and try again.

I found a minor but kinda strange bug; if you pick a clone and you set another player as the Pokemon Trainer, but you specify a Pokemon to start with, at the end of the match, the player who picked the Pokemon Trainer will be moved to the clone for some reason. When player 1 was the trainer, and player 2 was the clone, it defaults to the character that the clone was based from.

That's a known behavior of the CSS. It's mainly because selecting a single pokémon from the PT icon is identical to choosing that same pokémon's individual icon. The same thing will happen if you have two of the same icon on the CSS. I don't think it should happen if you are using the actual independent pokémon though as they are considered to be separate characters.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2585 on: February 15, 2014, 02:01:33 PM »

Would injecting bx_fighter and common2 into an image for USB Loader fix the Now Loading screen crashes?

If it does, would it also kill the requirement for AXNextFrame hooktype?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2586 on: February 15, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »

So will this allow us to have Independent Pokemon with BrawlEx?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Heavy-taste
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2587 on: February 15, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »

^^all the ids are now stored in the CSS roster config, sobasically all the ids in the previous css code, still exist, but in a config format.

Okay, thanks.

So I tried the new way of cloning.
    It failed. ^^
    My problem is everytime I select a Stage the game freeze.
    I duplicated Pit for Goku on the 3F Id.
    The CSS looks nice and looks how it´s got to be.
    Is this a known problem or am I the first?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2588 on: February 15, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »

Okay, thanks.

It failed. ^^

if your freezing when selecting the stage, it's likely your either missing files in the 'fighter' folder for the clone, or you named something wrong. (remember, when you clone a character, you need to get ALL the vBrawl files for the original character off of the brawl disc)

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2589 on: February 15, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »

Okay, thanks.

It failed. ^^

Might have also forgotten to modify the module file or forgot to put it on the card. It's an easy stage in the process to skip.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Heavy-taste
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2590 on: February 15, 2014, 03:04:24 PM »

Checked this, and I truly forgot a  .pac file.
    Module is edited and on my SD Card.
    Same problem, but I have to say it´s not a normal freeze.
    It just don´t load - I can press home button and leave the game.

Other ideas?
    Thanks so far.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2591 on: February 15, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »

Other ideas?
    Thanks so far.

are you using custom cosmetics?

Heavy-taste
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2592 on: February 15, 2014, 03:10:51 PM »

Not yet.

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2593 on: February 15, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »

Other ideas?
    Thanks so far.

Are you sure the Module file has been edited with the Module Editor to be for the appropriate slot? I was getting that style of freeze when I forgot to change that.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2594 on: February 15, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »

did you follow one of my video tutorials in the OP?

Pages:  1 ... 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: