WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

ill probably just retexture it for hitbox purposes
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on August 18, 2014, 08:52:39 PM
Started Working On Chewbacca over Fox with a one slot size mod.
Probably wont be a public release though


I'd love to see Chewie on the Vault. Some may say we need more Star Wars hacks in the Vault.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 18, 2014, 08:49:48 PM
If someone could rip the Swampert model from PBR, then that could help MK greatly.
I might sometime maybe, it's just that it's not easy as just ripping the model, so much work has to be done to the model for it to look like the original.

Quote from: GBC on August 18, 2014, 11:39:34 PM
ill probably just retexture it for hitbox purposes

It doesn't really matter as long as you rig to the original bat bone, without editing the bone. The bone is what determines the hitboxes.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on August 19, 2014, 12:48:46 AM
It doesn't really matter as long as you rig to the original bat bone, without editing the bone. The bone is what determines the hitboxes.
It's not gonna look accurate if he has a really wide/long sword where Ness' bat hitbox should be. Look at all the Cloud mods over Ike, his sword does not look like what Ikes actual sword hitboxes are, as an example. GBC could of course redesign the sword a little to fit better.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Abbi on August 19, 2014, 12:59:53 AM
It's not gonna look accurate if he has a really wide/long sword where Ness' bat hitbox should be. Look at all the Cloud mods over Ike, his sword does not look like what Ikes actual sword hitboxes are, as an example. GBC could of course redesign the sword a little to fit better.

Oh, I thought he was referring to my post. My bad.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Leaving this here, for those who don't know what the grey shape is behind him, it's a certain punching bag, and don't worry, it's not in the actual import, left it there in this pic so you guys will understand what this little item hack is. 8)

Also rig is stupid and lazy so his face stretches when punched, it's not bizarre or anything, but to be fair, only 3 bones that are almost ontop of each other, would have to do major bone editing to get a serious rig out of this guy. ;)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

You can also edit the boneset and then edit the animations
But it looks pretty good as how it is right now

(btw, items/AT/Pokemon hack are accepted in this thread ? oh my)

Quote from: LJSTAR on August 19, 2014, 03:22:27 AM
You can also edit the boneset and then edit the animations
But it looks pretty good as how it is right now

(btw, items/AT/Pokemon hack are accepted in this thread ? oh my)
I mean hitbox-wise, plus it'd just desync wifi and it shouldn't have to because it's an item hack that everyone should be able to enjoy. Also it is the WIP...Workshop? When did the title change? I never even noticed the change until now, it happened weeks ago didn't it? :srs: Anyways this is the thread to show WIP imports, which range from characters to items to pokemon to stages to bosses.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

what. it has always been WIP lol.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on August 19, 2014, 03:57:26 AM
what. it has always been WIP lol.
No WIP Workshop, instead of WIP Thread...or am I just really tired? It's late at night for me...yah it's always been WIP Workshop I remember now. I really should go to bed. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 19, 2014, 03:40:31 AM
I mean hitbox-wise, plus it'd just desync wifi and it shouldn't have to because it's an item hack that everyone should be able to enjoy.
Oooh, okay, I forgot about wifi stuff

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 19, 2014, 03:40:31 AM
Anyways this is the thread to show WIP imports, which range from characters to items to pokemon to stages to bosses.
I see, I wasn't sure because I alway see character import in this thread, lol

August 19, 2014, 10:27:31 AM #15987 Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:30:43 AM by Eternal Yoshi
Made a couple updates.
First, the torso has been updated to show a bit more of a muscle build and spine. I used Falcon as a reference and edited the torso a little. Didn't want to do it too much because Falcon's muscles are as exaggerated as a Marvel superhero.


Also made the hair thicker. Might go back and redo the hair if I find a method that isn't messy or too wasteful.

I haven't a clue how to UV Map the short sword + sheathe on his waist that he'll never use TBH. Might just look at how Marth does it.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 19, 2014, 10:27:31 AM
I haven't a clue how to UV Map the short sword + sheathe on his waist that he'll never use TBH. Might just look at how Marth does it.
I'd go with planar maps, even for the grip, since the sword is more flat than cylindrical. Although that depends on how you want to texture the grip—if it's a simple horizontal-stripe pattern, a planar map would be fine, but if you're going for a spiral or something fancy, cylindrical would be better. You could also probably just texture half of it and mirror/overlap the UVs like Brawl does 100 times over.


Here's a model you don't run across everyday:



I rarely work with Falco models, so here goes! ;D