Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 446662 times)
Sandfall
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #525 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:21 AM »

I never really liked Hanenbow, but it was because it was really terrible for even fun fighting. However, I always liked the whole song and hit-to-move concept it has. Having it like this will definitely have me start using Hanenbow again.

I never played on Hanenbow either. It was a cool concept, but it was just no fun to play on. The stage is so unique though that I'm surprised there haven't been any attempts to modify it outside of this and Superguzzi's old stage

how about changing the background colour a bit, that could make the leaves stand out more as well, maybe add a bit of orange or red to it...(or yellow?)

I actually tried changing the background today, however, mo matter what color I changed it to, it just looked... wrong, so I decided to stick with the original aesthetics for that. I did make the "solid" leaves (the ledges) stand out a bit more though. Take a look!

The "ledge" leaves now are somewhat transparent, but glow on the edges and in the middle. Hopefully, this is different enough so people notice, but subtle enough so that it doesn't detract from the rest of the stage.

I also figured out how to edit the hotboxes on the leaves. It turns out that they are controlled by a bone in the leaf model that (by default) runs the length of the leaf. This means that editing them will be much easier than I thought it would be. I'll probably resize them so that you can only move the leaf if you attack the base of the leaf (basically, the lower 1/3 of it).

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out how to make my own model for the stem. Now I just need to tweak some aesthetics. I might add the bubbles back if I can figure out how to make them behave properly.

EDIT 2: Okay, the bubbles only work if you use the STGPLANKTON slot. I'm planning on using it on STGGW (cause, you know, Project M and all), so the bubbles are a no-go unfortunately. Should I add more stuff to the background to make it look less plain? Or do you guys think it is good as is?

Here is what I have now:

Any other suggestions?
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:43:47 AM by Sandfall » Logged

LegacyWolf
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #526 on: June 06, 2014, 01:18:51 AM »

I think that looks cool! Keep it up man.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #527 on: June 06, 2014, 08:45:46 AM »

EDIT 2: Okay, the bubbles only work if you use the STGPLANKTON slot. I'm planning on using it on STGGW (cause, you know, Project M and all), so the bubbles are a no-go unfortunately. Should I add more stuff to the background to make it look less plain? Or do you guys think it is good as is?

Good stuff there, but I don't think you should completely rule out a STGPLANKTON version. Not everyone is tied down by Project: M's stage selection, plus there is always the .rel stage switcher tool.

Speaking of more neutral stages:

Just gotta figure out stage stuff now.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »

I actually like that a lot.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #529 on: June 06, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »

That Dry Bones in the back is a really nice touch.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #530 on: June 07, 2014, 05:00:25 AM »

awesome mario level, truly epic

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #531 on: June 07, 2014, 05:16:42 AM »

i like what u've done so far SJS... have my babies! Im srs here

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #532 on: June 09, 2014, 01:48:13 PM »

Stage is coming along nicely, should be ready to release relatively soon. Sand, sky, and flag are all animated.

Things went so well that I decided to start another stage.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #533 on: June 09, 2014, 04:10:04 PM »

Stage is coming along nicely, should be ready to release relatively soon. Sand, sky, and flag are all animated.

YES! Is there a version where the blocks work normally?

With all of these rebalanced stages being worked on, there should be some sort of tournament in the future (similar to the ninja one) for redesigning/rebalancing vBrawl stages. It would be really cool to see what else people can come up with.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #534 on: June 09, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »

These are lovely SJS!

I was surfing through the vaults and found an Mario 64 import that GBC did that captured my attention.

I decided to touch it up a bit.

Collisions, lightning and animations had been reworked, and it works in-game perfectly. I just need to learn to animate the bomb-ombs, these have no bones... I do not know how to add bones.

I've added a sea, sealed the middle bomb omb cannon, added some islands, a new sky model, some easter eggs here and there, PM camera, and more importantly,  a pair of platforms ripped from SSE Jungle.

Stuff I still need to do:
    - Fix the shadows (never done it before, hope its easy)
    - Texture the platforms 64 style
    - Coins, tons of them
    - One M64 tree, I believe one of Mewtwo2k stages has 'em
    - Animate the Bomb ombs
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:23:25 PM by Scout » Logged

xxWutzMercyxx
    Lol Kitten

Men become Demons

• Awards RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #535 on: June 09, 2014, 06:57:40 PM »

Ah man I've been busy XD Since E3 is tomorrow here you Smash fans go Grin
    However I'm painfully aware more detail is needed to match the Wii U version but damn that takes time XD

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #536 on: June 18, 2014, 06:23:31 PM »

Would LOVE to see that Wii U stage finished! Looks really fun to play on, especially if it doesn't transform. Though I would gladly play it even if it does transform Tongue

Here's my current projects:

It has working drop-platform and breakable ice block which make amazing ledge guarding tactics!

It's mainly a proof of concept at the moment (the main stage model, background and the sizes may change), but I'm hoping to make a unique balanced Summit.

I'm also deciding whether to make a central platform or use Summit's clouds, so they pass just above the stage, sort of like Smashville (but disappearing off the screen) also might keep the Randal-esque cloud at the bottom =]

There's just a couple things that need work. I want it so when you make the platform drop or destroy the ice block, the ledges of the main stage become grabbable... I'm having a bit of trouble with that... =/

Also, I would prefer to use the original Summit model, however, the central block is too difficult for me to remove. If some kind hearted modeller has some spare time, I'd love if they could take the Summit mountain, remove the central block and close up the gaps in the model Wink
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:25:06 PM by Syvkal » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #537 on: June 18, 2014, 06:41:47 PM »

Toggling the grabable ledges might be possible with some tricky bone manipulation.

For example, since the ice bit is probably a separate mdl0, you could have some sort of dummy bone scaled down to near 0, then in the break animation, scale it back up to 1, and attach a collision to it....? Something to that effect.

As for editing the Summit model, I may be able to help with that some time tomorrow, depending on what it is that you need.

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #538 on: June 18, 2014, 06:48:59 PM »

Unfortunately all of the animation for the block and platform are controled in the .rel file (I assume it's there, it's not in the .pac)
    When the platform drops there's a brief period where the collisions disappear and you can then grab the ledge, but as it begins to come back up, you can no longer grab the ledge =[
    Still toying with it, hoping I can find some quick fix Tongue

As for the Summit model, all I really need is the overhanging bit (from the mountain over the main stage) removed and then where it use to be just needs texturing like the rest of the mountain... if that makes sense?
    If you can do that (if you have the time), I would greatly appreciate it - and love you forever Wink

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #539 on: June 18, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »

So just delete the part that sticks out (where the icicles fall down from, and the ice ledge is attached) and patch up the hole? That should be simple enough, I've done something similar to a stage that used the mountain in Spear Pillar as a base, all it takes is a bit of deleting and moving around some UVs. I'll post a pic when I get it done just to make sure it's what you wanted.

Pages:  1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: