Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827130 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6180 on: June 08, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »

Haha, you got me. Bowser Jr. doesn't actually work yet. I meant to have his module done before doing this release, but I thought I'd get the newest version released sooner rather than later.

Fortunately the Stage Roster Expansion system is pretty much already complete in the form of the Stage Roster Expansion Code. The only issue I can foresee is adding the extra icons to the Stage Select Screen. Of course, I've already done that once before for the CSS Roster, so I don't think it should be too hard to do a second time. If you'd like, I can see about giving you a rundown on how the Stage Roster Expansion code works, but I'd first need to revisit it myself to reacquaint myself with it.

I'm down to test the code myself Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6181 on: June 08, 2014, 07:26:59 PM »

Haha, you got me. Bowser Jr. doesn't actually work yet. I meant to have his module done before doing this release, but I thought I'd get the newest version released sooner rather than later.

I'm glad we got it sooner ,these new config tweaks are great and literally all the modules you just made were the ones I was dying for, Toon Link especially. Thank you so much for all of this. Going to test it out now.

Also PW how is your stage expansion going to differ from the old stage expansion codes, is it going to be more controllable?

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6182 on: June 08, 2014, 07:27:28 PM »

it already works with rivo you just have to use the brawlminus.xml and the file patch code.

i know it works because i always play brawl with the brawlex after booting up riivo.

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6183 on: June 08, 2014, 07:29:43 PM »

So PW are there any plans of riivo support?

The hardest part about Riivolution support is that I don't have a means of testing the releases for it (Mind you, right now, I don't have a means for testing any of my releases. XD). However, making a version of the mod that loads files using Riivolution isn't that difficult. It just requires changing a few function calls here and there to load from the disc instead of the SD card.

If someone can confirm that they've found a way to get Riivolution to load bx_fighter.rel, then I can throw together a quick release for both the current stable and unstable versions.

Is the pikmin module fixed so that the pikmin don't freeze when the player dies? Also i understand that wario is difficult but i was hoping wario would've been included as a stand alone without final smash warioman.

Though i'm happy this update is up. Though does this update include all the fixes you mentioned previously like victory screen announcer calls for the clones?

Transforming characters still take a lot of time to develop - much more than regular modules require. I can put Wario on my todo list now though that we know that they're possible. As for the other fixes, all the information on them is in the version release notes. Smiley

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6184 on: June 08, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »

On the subject of features, do you think you could try a BrawlEx-like system for Stage Music, Victory Themes, and Character SFX?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

24tee
    Expert Kitten

If there is Smash, there is Bros.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6185 on: June 08, 2014, 07:34:38 PM »

The hardest part about Riivolution support is that I don't have a means of testing the releases for it (Mind you, right now, I don't have a means for testing any of my releases. XD). However, making a version of the mod that loads files using Riivolution isn't that difficult. It just requires changing a few function calls here and there to load from the disc instead of the SD card.

If someone can confirm that they've found a way to get Riivolution to load bx_fighter.rel, then I can throw together a quick release for both the current stable and unstable versions.

Transforming characters still take a lot of time to develop - much more than regular modules require. I can put Wario on my todo list now though that we know that they're possible. As for the other fixes, all the information on them is in the version release notes. Smiley
    it already works with rivo you just have to use the brawlminus.xml and the file patch code.

i know it works because i always play brawl with the brawlex after booting up riivo.

Yeah....that ain't working for me. And i know it ain't the clones cuz i'm using pikezer's pack. After pressing launch i get a black screen.

And i'll try to see if i can whip up a quick xml.

There's a brawlminus xml that people say gets it working on riivo, but it hasn't helped me at all.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:36:08 PM by 24tee » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6186 on: June 08, 2014, 07:36:23 PM »

Fortunately the Stage Roster Expansion system is pretty much already complete in the form of the Stage Roster Expansion Code. The only issue I can foresee is adding the extra icons to the Stage Select Screen. Of course, I've already done that once before for the CSS Roster, so I don't think it should be too hard to do a second time. If you'd like, I can see about giving you a rundown on how the Stage Roster Expansion code works, but I'd first need to revisit it myself to reacquaint myself with it.
    ah it is? well hmm alright.. well i do know about its filesize limit which might be a threat for us.. but i don't mind helping much, even tho i dont know any coding :v

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6187 on: June 08, 2014, 07:37:26 PM »

On the subject of features, do you think you could try a BrawlEx-like system for Stage Music, Victory Themes, and Character SFX?
    The Custom Sound Engine can do stage and victory themes. However, it's better for victory themes right now, as custom stages added can only have one song at the time using this code. Maybe, in the future, either we can have something as a successor to BrawlDJ or a newly updated BrawlDJ to give us more music slots to use.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6188 on: June 08, 2014, 07:39:11 PM »

The Custom Sound Engine can do stage and victory themes. However, it's better for victory themes right now, as custom stages added can only have one song at the time using this code. Maybe, in the future, either we can have something as a successor to BrawlDJ or a newly updated BrawlDJ to give us more music slots to use.
    I heard the Custom Sound Engine was very buggy.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6189 on: June 08, 2014, 07:42:14 PM »

so how exactly would we go about setting the victory camera and announcer calls do we have to hex in everything?

Click The Logo To Find Out More
    Click the Link To Download Now
    https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6190 on: June 08, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »

Yeah....that ain't working for me. And i know it ain't the clones cuz i'm using pikezer's pack. After pressing launch i get a black screen.

And i'll try to see if i can whip up a quick xml.

There's a brawlminus xml that people say gets it working on riivo, but it hasn't helped me at all.

have you made sure your sd card isn't in the locked position, because i know one time i had mine locked everything started up but once i choose a stage the whole thing just froze so i tried removing the sd card swiched from eaither locked or unlocked and after that i started it up and no freeze when i selected a stage.

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6191 on: June 08, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »

That limitless css is something I won't mind testing out later. I'll probably get around to changing all my css pics to not be limited by the 256 limit of cmpr, but for now I'd just be happy putting them back to default resolution instead of the 100 x 125 thing I've got going on.
    It looks like you spaced the icons out to avoid them fighting with each other for layer priority too. That's going to save me a few headaches to look at now, awesome stuff.
    Really looking forward to that future stage expansion too, I've got an old folder with a bunch of stages I had on the ASL engine that'll be neat to throw in.

24tee
    Expert Kitten

If there is Smash, there is Bros.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6192 on: June 08, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »

have you made sure your sd card isn't in the locked position, because i know one time i had mine locked everything started up but once i choose a stage the whole thing just froze so i tried removing the sd card swiched from eaither locked or unlocked and after that i started it up and no freeze when i selected a stage.

Its unlocked, and,.. i never make it too that part. After i launch riivo, i press the launch button and get a black screen freeze.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6193 on: June 08, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »

Here's a thought of what could be done to reduce the filesize by a bit, when you go to add individual pokemon you could delete the Pokemon Trainer's CSPs it shouldn't cause any problems atleast I don't think it will

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6194 on: June 08, 2014, 08:23:36 PM »

Here's a thought of what could be done to reduce the filesize by a bit, when you go to add individual pokemon you could delete the Pokemon Trainer's CSPs it shouldn't cause any problems atleast I don't think it will
    Or you could just use those CSPs for another character.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Pages:  1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: