Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635920 times)
Brandondorf9999
Expert Kitten

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: June 18, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »

The SCLA file is a file that i have been experimenting with in my thread for File Research. To my knowledge there isn't anything known about it? at least as far as i know.

Of course i would be adding a way to edit it once i find out the structure of the file. With SCLA all entries in stage .pacs (beside SSE stages) will be editable. i can't think of any besides SCLA in stages that aren't known and editable currently. The collision editor displays all models and textures etc etc and shows the level as it would be seen in game for the most part, but you can't position the models. Only displaying the bones.

In regards to stage editing etc etc, one thing i would really really like to add and will hopefully be able to pull off in the future would be to allow editing and re-positioning of models from within the collision editor. Reason for this would be because position seperate models within the stages is a pain in the butt at the moment, and to make creating SSE levels in BBox a reality, i would like to make that editable. This of course will take a whole lot of work

I would also like to implement the ability to play all animations in the level from the collision editor, in order to better represent what the stage would look like in game. Smiley

long term goals, but that's about it

Do you think you can figure out the structures of the SCLA because that has parameters to their own aspect ratio? Hex editing the SCLA or not yet parts of every stage pacs are hard to do.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: June 18, 2014, 10:20:46 PM »

My question to you would be, do you know of any interesting values in the SCLA? :/ I am going to work on it, it's in my thread. I was just wondering if you had any information for me to jot down, it would make adding support for editing it a whole lot easier.

STPM and STDT are already editable, so SCLA would be nice to get editable as well

Brandondorf9999
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: June 19, 2014, 12:11:42 AM »

My question to you would be, do you know of any interesting values in the SCLA? :/ I am going to work on it, it's in my thread. I was just wondering if you had any information for me to jot down, it would make adding support for editing it a whole lot easier.

STPM and STDT are already editable, so SCLA would be nice to get editable as well

No, I don't quite know the values yet. Could you also work on the cam_param.dat as well too so that I can change the function to make that game work on vert- as other games use.

The information about the screen change can be found here:

http://www.wsgf.org/category/screen-change/vert

It may also include some pc games that use it in which I want to make this wii game like the other games that make the top and bottom cropped off when set on 16:9 and 4:3 to reveal more top and bottom in the same width as 16x9.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: June 20, 2014, 12:23:15 PM »

Hey are you guys still doing things, cause I have a request.

When I preview all models, would it be possible to have all models in a .brres play an animation simultaneously when I select/play an animation? It would make updating Poke Floats 2 much less of a headache.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: June 20, 2014, 02:24:27 PM »

Im always looking for new things to add/improve so i can possibly look into that. The thing is, im deciding whether it would be a better idea to add support to the model previewer for editing collisions at the same time,  if it would be better to just improve/merge the collision and model previewer, or just to altogether make a new function for previewing the entire stage and having it use a new form that would be a crossover between the two.

The latter of the approaches would likely be easier for creating / previewing stages and SSE stuff...but it feels kinda redundant to make a new form when the collision editor already has almost all the features except playing all the level's animations, and moving around the models that comprise the scene.

The first thing i mentioned (adding collision support to the model previewer) LibertyErnie seems to be experimenting around with on github Tongue

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #155 on: June 20, 2014, 07:49:41 PM »

Hey Mewtwo2000 - what's the problem you're having with NeedsNormalMtxArray?

Oh, that. Well, I've not tested 0.73 yet, but the 0.71 I have doesn't let me set to true or false that property (it's disabled for edition), while older versions did. Also, for some reason, it seems to be forced to false after saving an edited model, cause when I save, it says it's true, but when I open it again it's false.

Anyway, when I get time tomorrow, I'll try the new build and will see if that's fixed or not.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: June 21, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »

Oh, that. Well, I've not tested 0.73 yet, but the 0.71 I have doesn't let me set to true or false that property (it's disabled for edition), while older versions did. Also, for some reason, it seems to be forced to false after saving an edited model, cause when I save, it says it's true, but when I open it again it's false.

Anyway, when I get time tomorrow, I'll try the new build and will see if that's fixed or not.
    I can tell from the code that the program is trying to set that property automatically. Looking at it now, I think it goes back to whether any of the objects in the MDL0 have one of the HasTextureMatrix* properties set to true. Try editing those and see if it sticks after you save.

Showing collisions in the model viewer is coming along nicely, but it's only read-only. Adding collision editing to the model viewer would probably be harder.
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:17:22 AM by libertyernie » Logged

Brandondorf9999
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: June 21, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »

I can tell from the code that the program is trying to set that property automatically. Looking at it now, I think it goes back to whether any of the objects in the MDL0 have one of the HasTextureMatrix* properties set to true. Try editing those and see if it sticks after you save.

Showing collisions in the model viewer is coming along nicely, but it's only read-only. Adding collision editing to the model viewer would probably be harder.

I would agree with that because I never edited collisions before. I'm sure brawlwall would let you edit them.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »

Well, it doesn't have the issue it had before for me, maybe I had a 0.71 which wasn't final, or maybe 0.73 is just fixed. As it's apparently something that only makes sense to have when the said property is found on at least one of the objects, it's okay if it's not editable now, but automatic. So, forget my report.

For the moment, 0.73 seems to work just fine, so I'll be removing 0.71 from my quickstart menu. Right now, the ones in my quickstart are 0.63d modset, 0.67b, 0.69 and now 0.73.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: June 22, 2014, 05:07:30 PM »

Well, it doesn't have the issue it had before for me, maybe I had a 0.71 which wasn't final, or maybe 0.73 is just fixed. As it's apparently something that only makes sense to have when the said property is found on at least one of the objects, it's okay if it's not editable now, but automatic. So, forget my report.

For the moment, 0.73 seems to work just fine, so I'll be removing 0.71 from my quickstart menu. Right now, the ones in my quickstart are 0.63d modset, 0.67b, 0.69 and now 0.73.
    yeah i also noticed that issue too.. 71 didnt save it but 73 does, so i did what u did xD

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: June 23, 2014, 07:40:08 AM »

I've been able to add collisions to the model viewer now (read-only), so you can see them along with the models - or not (you can turn them off with a button next to Polygons and Bones.) If you're playing an animation on a model that collisions are tied to, the collisions should move along with it.

I also have a feature working where it can detect when the selected bone is within 5 units of a floor collision (this is for placing spawn points.) I suppose the thing on the end of the bone should change color, but I'll have to see what looks the best. Any suggestions? Right now I change the blue circle to cyan when you're close enough. (5 units seems to be the threshold for a spawn point to appear on the floor, and not under or above it.)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:45:08 AM by libertyernie » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: June 23, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »

I've been able to add collisions to the model viewer now (read-only), so you can see them along with the models - or not (you can turn them off with a button next to Polygons and Bones.) If you're playing an animation on a model that collisions are tied to, the collisions should move along with it.

I also have a feature working where it can detect when the selected bone is within 5 units of a floor collision (this is for placing spawn points.) I suppose the thing on the end of the bone should change color, but I'll have to see what looks the best. Any suggestions? Right now I change the blue circle to cyan when you're close enough. (5 units seems to be the threshold for a spawn point to appear on the floor, and not under or above it.)

i like what i see so far c:

https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2014, 03:43:52 PM »

I love that the collisions move with the bone they're attached to in the previewer, that's pretty awesome. How about instead of a color change, maybe add some sort of toggle-able snap feature that automatically snaps a bone to a floor collision?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: June 23, 2014, 07:44:38 PM »

I love that the collisions move with the bone they're attached to in the previewer, that's pretty awesome. How about instead of a color change, maybe add some sort of toggle-able snap feature that automatically snaps a bone to a floor collision?
    Good idea. I played around with it tonight, and found a good way to do snapping that also reuses the code I have for highlighting. Once I add a menu item to enable snapping, it will snap up or down to the collision if it's cyan when you let go of the mouse button.

By the way, here's a vine of the collisions in the model previewer. I didn't realize this before, but if you have "All" selected for the target model, you can apply one animation to all of them. (What you can't do is play multiple animations at a time.)

https://vine.co/v/MtqQXpTJ6uL

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: June 23, 2014, 07:47:57 PM »

I LOVE IT EVEN MORE NOW!! can now view animated collisions... i've ALWAYS wanted that... *tears*

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: