UPDATE!
June 16th 2022
QuickLava updated Super Sawndz and has made it way easier to use.
Please use their version for future use.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=221063 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=221063)
(http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz.png)
I was thinking about calling this Sawndz 64 but it works on 32 bit as well!
This is a c# wrapper for Jaklub's sawndz program. I've added the ability to
- Browse wav ids
- Preview sounds
- Select a .brsar file from anywhere to edit
- Shows file size of sounds and groups. Turns red to notify you size is over 0xDDDDD
This doesn't come with sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll to convert .wav files, but it can use them if you put them in the folder. It also has some of the same stability problems as before(maybe some new ones!) so remember to back up your .brsar. Size limit of 0xDDDDD only matters for most characters, but coloring applies for all.
Download (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27683)
Source on GoogleCode (http://code.google.com/p/super-sawndz/source/checkout)
Holy [censored]...
This looks amazing. :srs:
finaly its written in c# so it loads up faster
but how exactly does it work
i cant figure it out
maybe youl write a short tut in the op
also i noticed that my name is speled wrong when you click on About or in the pic in the op
does it work on 64 Bit PCs with preview sounds?
Quote from: Mariodk on July 16, 2012, 06:52:23 PM
does it work on 64 Bit PCs with preview sounds?
i have 64 bit and preview the sound works pretty good
but i cant figure out how to insert the .wav in the .brsar
cool
now i can make SFX packs for my movesets xD
Quote from: Mastaklo on July 16, 2012, 06:57:31 PM
i have 64 bit and preview the sound works pretty good
but i cant figure out how to insert the .wav in the .brsar
You'll need to put sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll in the folder with Super Sawndz
Select the sound file you want to replace on the right.
Then click the ... button next to input file, select your wav.
Click insert
Quote from: agoaj on July 16, 2012, 09:14:54 PM
You'll need to put sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll in the folder with Super Sawndz
Select the sound file you want to replace on the right.
Then click the ... button next to input file, select your wav.
Click insert
and where would i be able to get those files? lol
Quote from: DSX8 on July 16, 2012, 09:33:24 PM
and where would i be able to get those files? lol
Revolution or Wii SDK
Quote from: agoaj on July 17, 2012, 04:00:12 AM
Revolution or Wii SDK
oh ok.. i dont have any of those
To get the files, just download original Sawndz, run the program and copy these files.
So has anyone been using this and having/not having problems? I just want to check if there any big problems before I put it up in the vault.
Quote from: agoaj on July 16, 2012, 09:14:54 PM
You'll need to put sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll in the folder with Super Sawndz
Select the sound file you want to replace on the right.
Then click the ... button next to input file, select your wav.
Click insert
i tryed that and i got nothing idk if it is me or not but other than that i like this
when i click on insert it wont do anything
does it support sounds that are longer than the original one cause mine is 1,40 and the original is 0.80
agoaj,
This works really well. Thanks for sharing, this makes life much easier.
To those having an error saying something about a process already using your file: try renaming the .wav you are inserting to something else (and perhaps put said sound in a different folder). Trying to insert "sound.wav" in the same directory/folder gave me an error.
Also, last I looked in the credits, Mastaklo is still misspelled.
I hope this helps, and great work!
-checkmate
Quote from: Jaklub on July 17, 2012, 08:13:01 AM
To get the files, just download original Sawndz, run the program and copy these files.
well i tried that, the 0.02 version, and i didnt get those files at all.
Now I have no excuse not to make my characters less seamful.
Quote from: DSX8 on July 17, 2012, 09:24:06 PM
well i tried that, the 0.02 version, and i didnt get those files at all.
Try running SAWNDZ .1, worked for me.
Quote from: Anonymous on July 17, 2012, 09:25:57 PM
Now I have no excuse not to make my characters less seamful.
Try running SAWNDZ .1, worked for me.
link to that? i looked in the sawndz thread on here and i didnt see 0.1 at all lol
Quote from: DSX8 on July 17, 2012, 09:35:20 PM
link to that? i looked in the sawndz thread on here and i didnt see 0.1 at all lol
...strange... it isn't there anymore. I have .062 aswell, and that did the trick. and this I can confirm is on jaklub's thread.
yeah, i got the files now.. also i tried to import my sfx into the character names, and they to import/replace... but not updating the sfx in my brsar at all
Quote from: DSX8 on July 17, 2012, 10:06:03 PM
yeah, i got the files now.. also i tried to import my sfx into the character names, and they to import/replace... but not updating the sfx in my brsar at all
Can you post the green text that shows up when you insert a sound?
Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 05:36:06 AM
I just updated it to 1.0.1, cleaned up the code and fixed some small bugs.
It now prints any exceptions to the console window so you can paste that here if anything goes wrong.
Also moved the source code to googlecode.
Once I get the hang of this version, Things will be so much easier. I pretty much check my modded sound file with this program and found that I can still add a bit more sound files to fix up some of my sounds.
It gives that "heads up, brick wall!" kind of feel to it, I'll know when to bring down the frequencies now before I hit the end. This is [censored]ing awesome!
BY THE WAY... everyone talking about sawndz 0.1, its now 0.12
Quote from: agoaj on July 17, 2012, 10:54:58 PM
Can you post the green text that shows up when you insert a sound?
Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 05:36:06 AM
I just updated it to 1.0.1, cleaned up the code and fixed some small bugs.
It now prints any exceptions to the console window so you can paste that here if anything goes wrong.
Also moved the source code to googlecode.
this is wat i get when i try to insert a sound...
Quotesndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.
.
Is that with the latest version?
yeah it said that for me also and its on the newest version also
Try this version and tell me what happens in the console window
www.agoaj.com/SuperSawndz_TestVersion.exe (http://www.agoaj.com/SuperSawndz_TestVersion.exe)
it saids this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Ok, try this
www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip)
for me i get this
QuoteInserting wav Zero announcer call.wav
sndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.
.
Stream has Finished
sndconv has exited
Argument =insert 223 799 2 48000 0 "C:\Users\DSX8\Desktop\Brawl Hacks\supersawndz_1_0\smashbros_sound.brsar"
Starting sawndz.exe
Sawndz.exe started
Sawndz stream has finished
Sawndz has exited
re-opened my brsar and no changes.
Quote from: agoaj on July 18, 2012, 11:18:49 AM
Ok, try this
www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip)
it works
Don't know why that one would work, it's just supposed to dump more text.
Quote from: agoaj on July 18, 2012, 11:34:01 AM
Don't know why that one would work, it's just supposed to dump more text.
well so far not working for me.. idk y
Quote from: DSX8 on July 18, 2012, 11:35:10 AM
well so far not working for me.. idk y
The one you posted was from the older version, try this one that worked for Leon
www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip)
Quote from: agoaj on July 18, 2012, 11:38:52 AM
The one you posted was from the older version, try this one that worked for Leon
www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip)
ah ok thanks.
tried it and it works!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: DSX8 on July 18, 2012, 11:43:15 AM
ah ok thanks.
tried it and it works!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
hey do you mind if i can have that zero announcer i cant find one lol
Can you tell me why it does´nt work for Mario Karit Wii?
It is a brsar too.
BTW for Brawl it is a very cool tool! ;)
Ok, I think the problem was that I uploaded the new version as supersawnds, while the download link goes to supersawndz.
I blame Jaklub.
(the one up on the vault is fixed now)
Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: DJ Lowgey on July 18, 2012, 11:59:26 AM
Can you tell me why it does´nt work for Mario Karit Wii?
It is a brsar too.
BTW for Brawl it is a very cool tool! ;)
I think MarioKartWii uses a different version of the BRSAR format, but I can take a look.
Quote from: DJ Lowgey on July 18, 2012, 11:59:26 AM
Can you tell me why it does´nt work for Mario Karit Wii?
It is a brsar too.
BTW for Brawl it is a very cool tool! ;)
i think MKWii brsar files r a different version compared to brawls.
Quote from: Leon Exodio on July 18, 2012, 11:46:37 AM
hey do you mind if i can have that zero announcer i cant find one lol
hmm yeah sure
The version in the vault works for me now
And thanks for correcting my name
Quote from: agoaj on July 18, 2012, 12:02:59 PM
Ok, I think the problem was that I uploaded the new version as supersawnds, while the download link goes to supersawndz.
I blame Jaklub.
(the one up on the vault is fixed now)
Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 12:03:56 PM
I think MarioKartWii uses a different version of the BRSAR format, but I can take a look.
Thats would be very great :)
If you want I can pm you the brsar from mkw ;)
Quote from: DSX8 on July 18, 2012, 11:43:15 AM
ah ok thanks.
tried it and it works!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Hey would you be able to upload yours i keep trying and it just don't work for me :'(
Quote from: DJ Lowgey on July 18, 2012, 11:59:26 AM
Can you tell me why it does´nt work for Mario Karit Wii?
It is a brsar too.
BTW for Brawl it is a very cool tool! ;)
yah MKW is different and I think there are some BRSTMs crammed into it as well.. it also has BRSTM loop point data (which governs looping the BRSTMs on it)
Is it possible to create an amazing program like super sawndz for mkw?
Quote from: DJ Lowgey on July 18, 2012, 08:26:45 PM
Is it possible to create an amazing program like super sawndz for mkw?
mr bean would probably have to assist since he's the only one who broke into MKW's BRSAR
Quote from: Marioracer(1st) on July 18, 2012, 02:33:26 PM
Hey would you be able to upload yours i keep trying and it just don't work for me :'(
dude just use this 1 that agoaj gave us (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip)
This update to the original sawndz is great!.
However, I'm having a problem when I try to replace the SFX of the wiimote (That sounds of the characters when you select them). I replace some of them and they hear in super sawndz, but when I try it on my game, they doesn't hear.
I don't think that's a problem of this program but, anyone know how to do about this?...
I've been able to make that work, I'm guessing the problem would be file size. Drop it down to 6000 hz in your audio editing program.
Thanks!, that solves my problem. I tested some things and see that the brsar that are modified with hex packets, can't be open by the super sawndz. Maybe it's only an issue of my computer, or it's really a bug of this program...
:srs: :o
Quote from: DSX8 on July 18, 2012, 09:58:13 PM
dude just use this 1 that agoaj gave us (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip)
No it's still not working WHY!!!!!!!
Quote from: Marioracer(1st) on July 19, 2012, 12:37:50 AM
:srs: :oNo it's still not working WHY!!!!!!!
What message does it give you when you try to insert a sound?
Quote from: agoaj on July 19, 2012, 12:50:47 AM
What message does it give you when you try to insert a sound?
This one
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Do you have SuperSawndz.exe and Sawndz.exe in the same folder? Looks like it can't find it.
Post Merge: July 19, 2012, 03:08:13 AM
Quote from: agoaj on July 19, 2012, 01:57:49 AM
Do you have SuperSawndz.exe and Sawndz.exe in the same folder? Looks like it can't find it.
yes i do
i get the other 3 files from the old version of sawndz
tried all of them didn't work
(might be beacuse i'm using a pal version)
(THIS NEVER HAPPENS ON MARIO KART WII)
What happens when you run sawndz.exe instead of super sawndz?
I love the new Sawndz! I found the right files in just under one minute and insert the .wav file. At least the Vegeta SFX pack is made or the Project Vegeta would sound funny when playing as him in brawl. Well, happy everyday development!
Quote from: agoaj on July 19, 2012, 03:52:00 AM
What happens when you run sawndz.exe instead of super sawndz?
(http://www.freewebs.com/techwizproductions/-%20New%20Folder%20(2)/2.png)
sorry but this dont work for me!
:srs:
(http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5793/sinttulovrz.png)
i have windows 7 64 bits its supose to work....any help? :oshi:
i already use the suposed "debug" version...
You can't insert sound.wav from the super sawndz folder. That's a temp file that is a copy of the sound you selected. So when Super Sawndz tries to copy sound.wav over itself it blows up.
Quote from: agoaj on July 20, 2012, 08:43:15 AM
You can't insert sound.wav from the super sawndz folder. That's a temp file that is a copy of the sound you selected. So when Super Sawndz tries to copy sound.wav over itself it blows up.
I like the "it blows up part"
but yah the sound.wav in the program folder thing isnt required anymore
This software is awesome.
This just sad he can't extract files but i'm pretty sure this comming.
If the File (sfx) is red (over 0xDDDDD) how do you decrease the filesize
Quote from: XChosenOne1 on July 23, 2012, 02:27:35 AM
If the File (sfx) is red (over 0xDDDDD) how do you decrease the filesize
I think you have to make the wav file shorter
Quote from: ShadowWolf on July 23, 2012, 02:44:11 AM
I think you have to make the wav file shorter
Well prob is that my wiimote Sfx on mute (over 0xDDDDD) (None were customized) and idk how to fix it
Quote from: XChosenOne1 on July 23, 2012, 02:58:49 AM
Well prob is that my wiimote Sfx on mute (over 0xDDDDD) (None were customized) and idk how to fix it
Oh. Idk then. All I can guess is it might have to be shorter
Quote from: XChosenOne1 on July 23, 2012, 02:58:49 AM
Well prob is that my wiimote Sfx on mute (over 0xDDDDD) (None were customized) and idk how to fix it
If they weren't customized then
select should be 0x23B8B
Try playing them, do they sound right? It's possible the brsar got corrupted and you'll need to start over.
Compare the sounds in
select to an unaltered brsar
Again, if you want to make wiimote sounds, drop them to 6000hz to save on space. You can do this with audacity.
Oh thanks because that helped me as well lol
Quote from: agoaj on July 23, 2012, 07:07:01 AM
If they weren't customized then select should be 0x23B8B
Try playing them, do they sound right? It's possible the brsar got corrupted and you'll need to start over.
Compare the sounds in select to an unaltered brsar
Again, if you want to make wiimote sounds, drop them to 6000hz to save on space. You can do this with audacity.
Tried playing them and they sound ok but they won't play ingame :srs:
I compared my old brsar (my 1st one) and put all of the sfx from my New one to the old one then i use the New brsar but the wiimote sfx still won't play :(
Quote from: XChosenOne1 on July 23, 2012, 03:41:04 PM
Tried playing them and they sound ok but they won't play ingame :srs:
I compared my old brsar (my 1st one) and put all of the sfx from my New one to the old one then i use the New brsar but the wiimote sfx still won't play :(
that group is probably corrupted and is missing binary values the game actually is looking for to play them and isnt finding them... try starting over... MAKE SURE the wav is MONO (1-channel) the rate is 6KHz
Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 23, 2012, 07:57:13 PM
that group is probably corrupted and is missing binary values the game actually is looking for to play them and isnt finding them... try starting over... MAKE SURE the wav is MONO (1-channel) the rate is 6KHz
i did start over but when i add the sfx from my old brsar to my new brsar it still doesn't play
Quote from: XChosenOne1 on July 24, 2012, 03:39:46 PM
i did start over but when i add the sfx from my old brsar to my new brsar it still doesn't play
yeah that happends to me as well
I tried again and i keep getting this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Try renaming sndconv.exe to something else and inserting the sound. Super Sawndz should print out what files it see's, copy and paste that here.
(www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip))
Quote from: agoaj on July 25, 2012, 08:47:42 PM
Try renaming sndconv.exe to something else and inserting the sound. Super Sawndz should print out what files it see's, copy and paste that here.
(www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_debug.zip))
I got this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Marioracer(1st) on July 26, 2012, 05:35:25 PM
I got this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
where is "SNDCONV.EXE" ? (this isn't sawndz.exe, its a nintendo dev kit application)
i have a issue with one thing im not sure if it on my end or the programs end im working on a snake voice and it doesn't show red so i know i didn't push the limits but in game it is not reading his voice causing him to be muted
it look like this for me right now
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: davey on July 26, 2012, 08:59:41 PM
i have a issue with one thing im not sure if it on my end or the programs end im working on a snake voice and it doesn't show red so i know i didn't push the limits but in game it is not reading his voice causing him to be muted
it look like this for me right now
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
lol expand it and go to the sfx in that data
that the sfx showing at least the area i only changed
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
0xDDDDD isn't the exact limit for everyone. Snake's may be lower, maybe to leave room for his special conversations in Shadow Moses?
The sound size is also an estimate that doesn't take into account the header. The header's small compared to the sound and is fixed, but say each sound has a header of 40 bytes, 100 sounds, 4000 bytes = 0xFA0.
So Snake's file size would actually be 0xFA0 + 0xD8A41 = 0xD99E1
Which still leaves 0x43FC or 17,404 bytes left below 0xDDDDD. So Snake either has a lower limit or the headers are 5 times bigger than I think they are.
if i get rid of his conversation would that fix everything?
Try it and tell us.
Quote from: agoaj on July 27, 2012, 12:55:43 PM
0xDDDDD isn't the exact limit for everyone. Snake's may be lower, maybe to leave room for his special conversations in Shadow Moses?
The sound size is also an estimate that doesn't take into account the header. The header's small compared to the sound and is fixed, but say each sound has a header of 40 bytes, 100 sounds, 4000 bytes = 0xFA0.
So Snake's file size would actually be 0xFA0 + 0xD8A41 = 0xD99E1
Which still leaves 0x43FC or 17,404 bytes left below 0xDDDDD. So Snake either has a lower limit or the headers are 5 times bigger than I think they are.
I believe his convo sounds is in a different group ( I think its the stage_appeal one )
okay i tried it didnt work i even double checked all my sound therr all mono something must be different for snake
still must be mono, I have only his final smash voice modded and that works
Foxdie must have hurt his filesize limit.
well i was able to change three thing before it became muted 2 win and when he says now
Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 26, 2012, 07:31:33 PM
where is "SNDCONV.EXE" ? (this isn't sawndz.exe, its a nintendo dev kit application)
He renamed it so Super Sawndz would spit out that list. For some reason it can't find sawndz.exe when it goes to run it...
wow! this works for me!! ,xD by the way, I put a big (much big) weigth wavs and mi brstm death!,ja,ja,ja but replace the lower size wav. works fine, veryyyyy, veryyyyy thank you
'Inserting wav Wave50.wav
Missing sndconv.exe: unable to convert wav file'
Does anyone have the sndconv.exe for this? What use is this if we can't insert sfx?
idk why everyone is having issues, i figured this program out in about 2 minutes of testing it.
Great program, big enhancements.
i know how to use it fella lol XD it just one file was missed sized it not his fualt it a common mistake
Quote from: JirachiMaster on August 07, 2012, 02:33:19 AM
'Inserting wav Wave50.wav
Missing sndconv.exe: unable to convert wav file'
Does anyone have the sndconv.exe for this? What use is this if we can't insert sfx?
Have you actually tried reading this thread?
Quote from: Jaklub on August 07, 2012, 04:02:51 PMHave you actually tried reading this thread?
I tl;dr'd it.
And now that I have read it, I realized the only solution was exactly what I already tried, and it didn't work.
So.... Is there another thing I can try? I put the dpstool.dll, soundfile.dll, and sndconv.exe from Sawndzv0.12 into my super sawndz folder, and it still fails to recognize that the files are there when I try inserting sfx.
My wiimote SFX are on mute (Over 0xDDDDD) and none are customized and for some reason When i click it, it says file is too big :-\
This is what it looks
(http://i.imgur.com/LXJXc.png)
How do you put a sawndz file [thats already made] to replace a soundbank?
For example.. there is already Rosalina.sawnd and im trying to put it to Jiggs Sounds.
Quote from: jasonvalle22 on August 10, 2012, 11:50:29 PM
How do you put a sawndz file [thats already made] to replace a soundbank?
For example.. there is already Rosalina.sawnd and im trying to put it to Jiggs Sounds.
super sawndz cant do that pal, sorry. use an older sawndz to do those packets. lol
Quote from: JirachiMaster on August 07, 2012, 02:33:19 AM
'Inserting wav Wave50.wav
Missing sndconv.exe: unable to convert wav file'
Does anyone have the sndconv.exe for this? What use is this if we can't insert sfx?
Run Sawndz and take them files.
Quote from: KTH on August 11, 2012, 12:41:10 AMRun Sawndz and take them files.
I already tried that, did you see my last message?
Quote from: JirachiMaster on August 10, 2012, 07:01:05 PM
So.... Is there another thing I can try? I put the dpstool.dll, soundfile.dll, and sndconv.exe from Sawndzv0.12 into my super sawndz folder, and it still fails to recognize that the files are there when I try inserting sfx.
SO is there a memory limit of note for chars?
I'm getting used to this.
Much faster and smoother than VILE's old guide(thought it was good for it's time and limited resources).
Now if there was a way to get custom SFX work via USB loaders.....
Guess I'll try to get Simon's VOs ready for testing......
Then eventually do Sora's SFX.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 11, 2012, 05:20:05 AMSO is there a memory limit of note for chars? I'm getting used to this. Much faster and smoother than VILE's old guide(thought it was good for it's time and limited resources). Now if there was a way to get custom SFX work via USB loaders..... Guess I'll try to get Simon's VOs ready for testing...... Then eventually do Sora's SFX.
There's already this Sora SFX:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25936&Vault=audio (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25936&Vault=audio)
Unless you wanna add the keyblade's swing and hit SFX. =/
If I knew how to rip SFX from KH2 I would.
*shrug*
Hey I found a peculiar SFX slot. It was reserved fo...........
I'll show you next time.
Finally got around to downloading this. Love how it auto plays sounds :af:
Can someone link me the dlls and sndconv.exe? I've tried everything else.
Quote from: JirachiMaster on August 17, 2012, 03:51:06 AM
Can someone link me the dlls and sndconv.exe? I've tried everything else.
download jaklub's sawndz, his application has those files embedded in it, and is auto exported on startup, MOVE the files OUT, then close the application (to prevent them from auto deleting)
Quote from: Diddy Kong on August 17, 2012, 05:28:41 AMdownload jaklub's sawndz, his application has those files embedded in it, and is auto exported on startup, MOVE the files OUT, then close the application (to prevent them from auto deleting)
Alright, no one seems to understand that I've done that already, so here you go:
(http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/799/sawndz.jpg)
It's not recognizing that the files are already there.
(inb4 'Windows XP? LOLOLOLO')
Quote from: JirachiMaster on August 18, 2012, 01:08:47 AM
Alright, no one seems to understand that I've done that already, so here you go:
(http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/799/sawndz.jpg)
It's not recognizing that the files are already there.
(inb4 'Windows XP? LOLOLOLO')
if you jump in the chat with teamviewer ready, I might be able to further assist you and resolve the problem myself :)
It works fine for me. I have XP :V
I got this window pop up whenever I try to insert a .wav
(http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4955/13886520.png)
Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 18, 2012, 08:12:15 PM
I got this window pop up whenever I try to insert a .wav
(http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4955/13886520.png)
thatws not good, even for your computer outside of hacking... look up the DLL or reinstall windows/update windows
Downloaded it....still no go. Am I suppoe to put in the same folder as everything else?
the DLL its complaining about is NOT a file accociated with specifically sawndz, its part of something else, much bigger, and for OUTSIDE brawl hacking
by reinstall, I meant wipe your copmputer clean, and install windows XP from scratch (the disc)
You don't need to reinstall windows, that's the debug Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library. Try downloading the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555).
Edit:
Actually, that might not work because it's the debug version. Jaklub released the debug build, which requires the debug libraries. If you want to use original sawndz, you can replace sawndz.exe with the sawndz.exe included in Super Sawndz. It's a release build and should be 100% compatable with the old sawndz gui.
super swands needs to show the SFX ids there is used for PSA
so we can see what SFX Id in PSA we needing to use for the new SFX we just replaced in the brsar
cuz the thread for that is gone i can´t find it anymore :( and this is really needed so we can make SFX packs easter for our PSAs/or make SFX packs for the muted movesets
Are you PAL? if so that may be the problem
Quote from: Sonnyx on August 19, 2012, 04:24:53 AM
Are you PAL? if so that may be the problem
i am pal but using emulator/chipped wii with USA disc xD
Oh so your using a NSTU format?
So that's why some packs i try to make and test don't work. how do i fix this "over 0xDDDDD" thing anyway?
Quote from: AwesomeCasey795 on August 21, 2012, 06:48:58 AM
So that's why some packs i try to make and test don't work. how do i fix this "over 0xDDDDD" thing anyway?
reduce the quality of the wav (this reduces the sample count, not the length, and will eat up less space), avoid using a full on army of 48KHz samples across the whole group
Thanks a bunch, Diddy. I just did that, and it worked perfectly.
Quote from: Mariodk on August 19, 2012, 03:50:25 AM
super swands needs to show the SFX ids there is used for PSA
so we can see what SFX Id in PSA we needing to use for the new SFX we just replaced in the brsar
cuz the thread for that is gone i can´t find it anymore :( and this is really needed so we can make SFX packs easter for our PSAs/or make SFX packs for the muted movesets
Any chance of this happening in a future version? Would prove extremely useful, since there is no longer any good way of matching sfx ids to PSA.
Mariodk try this http://pastebin.com/f635MwL4 (http://pastebin.com/f635MwL4)
i'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong. and i'm kinda new here so forgive the wrong doing of how this is how you ask for help, but mine says:
sndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.
Error loading DLL
Stream has Finished
sndconv has exited
Argument =insert 13 500 0 22050 0 "C:\Users\Hart\Desktop\Hidden project\brawl vault stuff\Sound editing\Main sound.brsar"
Starting sawndz.exe
Sawndz.Start() returned True
Sawndz 0.13
2010-2011 Jaklub
2012 Agoaj
special thanks to mastaklo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Inserting the sound... Please wait.
frequency 22050
nonlooping sample.new size inst 0
ERROR: Size of sawnd.spd file is too small.
Try using a bigger sound file.
Sawndz stream has finished
Sawndz has exited
Okey I found out the problem i'm having here but idk how to fix this, it says my .Spd file is too small and i looked at it and its 0Kb where do i get this file because i couldn't get it from sawndz 0.12 or sawndz 0.061 how do fix this? :kdance:
The problem is with sndconv, it creates two files from a wav you're inserting. sawnd.spd and sawnd.spt, it's not creating them correctly.
sndconv.exe needs soundfile.dll and dsptool.dll to work correctly, since it's giving an error loading DLL you might be missing them.
Oh thanks!! this helped alot! :)
I've been replacing some of wolf's sounds and he suddenly went silent. I tested them in Super Sawndz and they played fine, but in-game he doesn't make a peep. What are some guidelines and recommendations that will help me fix this problem and avoid it in the future? I use Goldwave to make WAV files.
Quote from: MrJazzbo on August 28, 2012, 11:42:36 PM
I've been replacing some of wolf's sounds and he suddenly went silent. I tested them in Super Sawndz and they played fine, but in-game he doesn't make a peep. What are some guidelines and recommendations that will help me fix this problem and avoid it in the future? I use Goldwave to make WAV files.
It could be that the File Size is Too big
I've been having this random problem with this, Everything works fine, except with some wiimote problems i havent bothered to fix, but my main thing is this..
When im inserting wavs and i create a swandz file. It usually gives me the backup of it instead of the one i used to replace the sounds. Like i was just replaceing one of the characters sfx and when i tried exporting it to a swandz it gave me the version before i made the change. why is it doing that?
Quote from: MandoWolfe on September 13, 2012, 05:10:11 PM
I've been having this random problem with this, Everything works fine, except with some wiimote problems i havent bothered to fix, but my main thing is this..
When im inserting wavs and i create a swandz file. It usually gives me the backup of it instead of the one i used to replace the sounds. Like i was just replaceing one of the characters sfx and when i tried exporting it to a swandz it gave me the version before i made the change. why is it doing that?
A lot of problems seems to be coming from it loading the smashbros_sound.brsar that is in the super sawndz folder. If you are putting the brsar in the same folder, try putting it somewhere else and editing it.
no i've tried that too. I thought the same thing. But it still gave me the same problem, When i exported it twice though it seemed to work.
THANK. YOU. :D
I love this version of the program.
It's quick, easy, and painless.
looks nice has some one tried it where can i get it from
'sup folks. Awesome program.
I used to know this stuff, but now I don't, so could anyone tell me the preferred hz for sfx? Particuarly character voices, because I keep getting "file size too small".
The files in question were boot-leg ripped from a 3DS using a microphone jack and a double headed 8.inch to use.
Figured it out. Thanks again for the awesome program.
Anyone interested in making a video tutorial for Super Sawndz? There aren't any up on youtube yet and my attempts at tutorials have sucked.
Quote from: agoaj on October 23, 2012, 11:33:28 AM
Anyone interested in making a video tutorial for Super Sawndz? There aren't any up on youtube yet and my attempts at tutorials have sucked.
who needs a tutorial for this?
its almost just press 1 button anyway
thats possible why non have made a video tutorial for this yet and the ppl who can´t find out how to installer SFX pack or add .wavs : use yours head better and see what the buttons do
Quote from: Mariodk on October 23, 2012, 11:47:54 AM
who needs a tutorial for this?
its almost just press 1 button anyway
thats possible why non have made a video tutorial for this yet and the ppl who can´t find out how to installer SFX pack or add .wavs : use yours head better and see what the buttons do
Well the number one youtube search for Super Sawndz is a Sawndz 0.12 tutorial saying not to use Super Sawndz
Brawl Hack Tutorial [8] Part 1: Replacing sound effects with SAWNDZ v0.12 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyWEv_xqLGs#)
Please could you make it possible to replace sounds from Mario Kart Wii??
Pleaaaaasssee!!
It is brsar too but the newest version of sawndz can´t work for mkw :(
Quote from: agoaj on July 16, 2012, 05:20:45 AM
(http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz.png)
I was thinking about calling this Sawndz 64 but it works on 32 bit as well!
This is a c# wrapper for Jaklub's sawndz program. I've added the ability to
- Browse wav ids
- Preview sounds
- Select a .brsar file from anywhere to edit
- Shows file size of sounds and groups. Turns red to notify you size is over 0xDDDDD
This doesn't come with sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll to convert .wav files, but it can use them if you put them in the folder. It also has some of the same stability problems as before(maybe some new ones!) so remember to back up your .brsar. Size limit of 0xDDDDD only matters for most characters, but coloring applies for all.
Download (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27683)
Source on GoogleCode (http://code.google.com/p/super-sawndz/source/checkout)
Please help me! I have this problem where I am trying to insert a new death sound for Mario and it gives me a annoying message:
Inserting wav Mario Death.wav
sndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.
.
Sawndz 0.12
2010-2011 Jaklub
special thanks to mastkalo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Incorrect number of arguments.
insert command requires 4 arguments.
group id
collection id
wave id
frequency
looping (0 - not loop, any other - loop)
Quote from: DJ Lowgey on October 26, 2012, 07:40:35 AM
Please could you make it possible to replace sounds from Mario Kart Wii??
Pleaaaaasssee!!
It is brsar too but the newest version of sawndz can´t work for mkw :(
This. Or other .brsar files.
And this would be great if :
-the software can export the .wav
-The .wav have the same name of SFX from SmashAttack (Or this list : SFX ID List (http://www.sendspace.com/file/2gvx89)).
Quote from: BSHolland88USA on November 11, 2012, 02:51:03 PM
Please help me! I have this problem where I am trying to insert a new death sound for Mario and it gives me a annoying message:
Inserting wav Mario Death.wav
sndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.
.
Sawndz 0.12
2010-2011 Jaklub
special thanks to mastkalo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Incorrect number of arguments.
insert command requires 4 arguments.
group id
collection id
wave id
frequency
looping (0 - not loop, any other - loop)
You're using the wrong version of Sawndz, redownload.
:srs: o man this progan sucks! I replace the sound of wolf to make hinata this work fine....but when I try to use ike the game crash..I Check all of my archiver to try to fix the problem....and I discover the trouble.....The sound bank of Ike is deleted!!!!!! this progran delete this......I have a save but for some reason I cant make the soun of wolf a sawnd....haaaaaaa!!! hours of work......is gone....... :'(
Quote from: DAO_Ibuki on December 05, 2012, 06:54:11 AM
:srs: o man this progan sucks! I replace the sound of wolf to make hinata this work fine....but when I try to use ike the game crash..I Check all of my archiver to try to fix the problem....and I discover the trouble.....The sound bank of Ike is deleted!!!!!! this progran delete this......I have a save but for some reason I cant make the soun of wolf a sawnd....haaaaaaa!!! hours of work......is gone....... :'(
you may have done it wrong, if not.. then you can always go back to manual conversion and HEXing, which HAS limitations and HAS to be exact on the sample count
where can I find the sndcon.exe
Quote from: tyshy on February 13, 2013, 04:25:06 PM
where can I find the sndcon.exe
it is in the normal "sawndz" download
Ok thanks
I try to add a sawndz pack to the BRSAR and it keeps on NOT replacing it.
I dunno how else better to explain it...
Quote from: Lord Orga on February 14, 2013, 12:30:03 AM
I try to add a sawndz pack to the BRSAR and it keeps on NOT replacing it.
I dunno how else better to explain it...
use CMD to open sawndz, rename blah.sawnd to sawnd.sawnd, put the b rsar in the same directory as sawndz
type sawndz.exe sawnd
sawndz.exe is to run sawndz
sawnd tells it to inject a sawnd file
or use this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?psv3be82xcj4ado (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?psv3be82xcj4ado)
Quote from: Diddy Kong on February 14, 2013, 07:35:44 AM
use CMD to open sawndz, rename blah.sawnd to sawnd.sawnd, put the b rsar in the same directory as sawndz
type sawndz.exe sawnd
sawndz.exe is to run sawndz
sawnd tells it to inject a sawnd file
or use this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?psv3be82xcj4ado (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?psv3be82xcj4ado)
I'm lost on that. ^^"
Essentially, I'm stuck.
Quote from: Lord Orga on February 14, 2013, 10:13:51 PM
I'm lost on that. ^^"
Essentially, I'm stuck.
chat with me then, i can better help in realtime and retain my train of thought
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23KCMM&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net (http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23KCMM&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net)
When I insert a sound, I get this:
Inserting wav Burn To Death.wav
sndconv.exe v1.1
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.
Sawndz 0.13
2010-2011 Jaklub
2012 Agoaj
special thanks to mastaklo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Inserting the sound... Please wait.
frequency 48000
nonlooping sample.new size inst 0
ERROR: Size of sawnd.spd file is too small.
Try using a bigger sound file.
I really don't understand how to fix this. I'm fairly new to SFX replacement. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Burn To Death.wav is too small. You'll need to make it bigger or longer.
Quote from: agoaj on April 08, 2013, 07:45:40 AM
Burn To Death.wav is too small. You'll need to make it bigger or longer.
or it's probably the project rate is too high
Quote from: DJ Lowgey on July 18, 2012, 08:26:45 PM
Is it possible to create an amazing program like super sawndz for mkw?
we wont need that when brawlbox 0.68 comes out
Can someone give me super sawndz with every thing it needs because it keeps saying "Missing sndconv.exe, unable to convert .wav file" and I can't find it anywhere
When I insert my smashbros_sound.brsar Super Sawndz pops up a window that says "Brawl Sound Converter has stopped working"
Before anyone suggests, I have already tried downloading a clean, unused smashbros_sound.brsar and it still crashes. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Quote from: tyshy on May 04, 2013, 04:15:09 PM
Can someone give me super sawndz with every thing it needs because it keeps saying "Missing sndconv.exe, unable to convert .wav file" and I can't find it anywhere
Open sawndz 0.12 and you'll find the the sndconv.exe
:srs: Where do downloaded sndconv.exe / dsptool.dll / soundfile.dll?
Thanks ;D ;D ;D ;D
Inserting wav 00.wav
Sawndz 0.13
2010-2011 Jaklub
2012 Agoaj
special thanks to mastaklo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Incorrect command.
Sawndz 0.13
2010-2011 Jaklub
2012 Agoaj
special thanks to mastaklo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Inserting the sound... Please wait.
frequency 22050
nonlooping sample.new size inst -1
10
0
new size: -1
old size: 2030
size difference: -2031
size difference: -2016
Removing bytes from brsar... Please wait.
4584000 offset.
2016 bytes to alter.
4584000
102242144
Error Opening sawnd.spd
No such file or directory
What Am I missing?
I love this program but I feel there should be a "export" sound option. Its a pain to find sounds in brawl box.
Quote from: XChosenOne1 on May 21, 2013, 08:09:14 PM
Open sawndz 0.12 and you'll find the the sndconv.exe
umm.... mkay well i dont see it... nothing labeled sndconv.exe anywhere in this download of sawnds 0.12
(http://i.imgur.com/J4hdHLl.png)
Quote from: Legend of Jesse on July 26, 2013, 06:50:52 PM
umm.... mkay well i dont see it... nothing labeled sndconv.exe anywhere in this download of sawnds 0.12
(http://i.imgur.com/J4hdHLl.png)
open the sawndz 0.12 program and it should be visible (Copy and paste it b4 you close sawndz 0.12)
The wav sound replacements worked for me, but for some reason the sound effects were so quiet in game that I could barely even hear them. I checked the preview for Super Sawndz and its pretty damn loud. Is there anyway to fix that?
Quote from: PHaZeX3R0 on July 27, 2013, 06:32:50 PM
The wav sound replacements worked for me, but for some reason the sound effects were so quiet in game that I could barely even hear them. I checked the preview for Super Sawndz and its pretty damn loud. Is there anyway to fix that?
Make the amplification of the sound louder
I have a quick question. Has anything new changed with Super Swandz or SFX modding that I should know? it's been a very very long while since I did my last mod, so I want to know if anything new has changed so that I can learn about it so my next one doesn't suck. ^^;
Hey, guys, I've been having trouble inserting sawnds and wav files alike. I always get this message and nothing happens. I'm trying to insert sounds for Deadpool over Snake.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Okay, when I try to create a .sawnd file from this program, the files comes out as 27 bytes. I know there's no way that can be right, especially when I changed a few of the announcer's voices in the charcall section of the .brsar. I need the .sawnd file because I use the Replacement Soundbank Engine code for Gecko OS. Anybody got an idea what's going on?
Quote from: pinipigbomb on September 18, 2013, 02:27:53 PM
Hey, guys, I've been having trouble inserting sawnds and wav files alike. I always get this message and nothing happens. I'm trying to insert sounds for Deadpool over Snake.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
You have to put the number ID of Snake AS A NAME to get it to work!
eg. 8.sawnd (8 is mario) in ..../pf/sfx
Edit: If you are using the "smashbros_sound.brsar" for the sfx with gecko, In that case i don't know how....
If you are inserting an sawnd file, you have to download another "Super Sawndz"
-EDIT-
I've fixed the problem!!
For those in need of the sndconv.exe - dsptool.dll - soundfile.dll files, PAY ATTENTION.
1. Go to the ORIGINAL Sawndz page - http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.0)
2. Download the latest version.
3. Make SURE your new Sawnds .12(.13?) file is in the SAME folder as all of your NEW sounds.
4. OPEN the application and KEEP it open while working with Super Sawndz.
5. Insert whatever you like! Enjoy!
^ To the maker of this thread, PLEASE put these simple 5 steps in the OP. There are a good chunk of Gecko SFX newbies (like myself...) who come across this awesome program and have no idea how to work it properly. Adding this to the OP will make even the scrubbiest n00b able to work this program.
Quote from: Amarythe on October 29, 2013, 04:16:22 PM
-EDIT-
I've fixed the problem!!
For those in need of the sndconv.exe - dsptool.dll - soundfile.dll files, PAY ATTENTION.
1. Go to the ORIGINAL Sawndz page - http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.0)
2. Download the latest version.
3. Make SURE your new Sawnds .12(.13?) file is in the SAME folder as all of your NEW sounds.
4. OPEN the application and KEEP it open while working with Super Sawndz.
5. Insert whatever you like! Enjoy!
^ To the maker of this thread, PLEASE put these simple 5 steps in the OP. There are a good chunk of Gecko SFX newbies (like myself...) who come across this awesome program and have no idea how to work it properly. Adding this to the OP will make even the scrubbiest n00b able to work this program.
That works only because the original Sawndz creates said files when opened. So, you could just copy them into another folder, close Sawndz, then move them back in, and there you go! You'll have them there forever!
Quote from: Albafika on October 29, 2013, 05:19:54 PM
That works only because the original Sawndz creates said files when opened. So, you could just copy them into another folder, close Sawndz, then move them back in, and there you go! You'll have them there forever!
^ ACTUALLY, I did that.
...Wait, I only did that for the Super Sawndz folder, not the folder where I keep my new Sounds... That's probably why It didn't work for me unless I had Sawnds up, haha.
I can't wait until my new Audio hack is complete. I'm in the middle of putting my voice over the announcer's. xD (Everyone I know says I should do radio/communications, so... it works. Haha, I hate Brawl's announcer.)
What does this program allow me to do?
It allows you to hack SFX in Brawl without resorting to loading hacks via Riivolution, which was formerly the only way to SFX hack. Now Gecko users can SFX hack. This is awesome because Riivolution kinda sucks.
Quote from: Amarythe on November 10, 2013, 02:58:42 PM
It allows you to hack SFX in Brawl without resorting to loading hacks via Riivolution, which was formerly the only way to SFX hack. Now Gecko users can SFX hack. This is awesome because Riivolution kinda sucks.
Which files/filetypes does it use?
Quote from: Amarythe on November 10, 2013, 02:58:42 PM
It allows you to hack SFX in Brawl without resorting to loading hacks via Riivolution, which was formerly the only way to SFX hack. Now Gecko users can SFX hack. This is awesome because Riivolution kinda sucks.
but riivo still beats gecko in ONE aspect... mods from SD cards BIGGER than 2GB and still THP support, since some hacksets like mine are 3GB in size (which are brstms and textures combined)
Ah, forgot about that detail. A 3GB hackset?! You must use CBliss.
If Riivolution would just do two things, it would easily be the best hack system:
1) Make it USB Loader compatible. Not everyone using a loader is pirating the game. >_> I own the game and my Wii can't read any discs. >_>>>
2) Fix that awful folder system. Make it as simple and efficient as everyone else's. I don't see why they made it so much more complicated.
Quote from: Amarythe on November 16, 2013, 12:24:34 AM
Ah, forgot about that detail. A 3GB hackset?! You must use CBliss.
If Riivolution would just do two things, it would easily be the best hack system:
1) Make it USB Loader compatible. Not everyone using a loader is pirating the game. >_> I own the game and my Wii can't read any discs. >_>>>
2) Fix that awful folder system. Make it as simple and efficient as everyone else's. I don't see why they made it so much more complicated.
no, the whole pack is my own custom set from the vault, and all audio by me, including THPS,
i agree with usb loader support, and the folder system by that you mean x:rawlmods?
cuz i can change the directories and file naming in riivo to how we use it in gecko
Post Merge: November 16, 2013, 01:45:13 AM
if we can make a code that mods main.dol with an SHDC SD driver, then we can gecko bigger SD cards
i need some help my sawndz keep saying brsar missing i have the smashbros_sound brsar in the same folder with the sawndz program and still nothing so ive been using super sawndz and i change the sound files but when i get on my riivolution my characters sounds the same i have goku but he has pits voice i need major help :>.>palm:
Quote from: liuren17 on November 19, 2013, 12:27:18 AM
i need some help my sawndz keep saying brsar missing i have the smashbros_sound brsar in the same folder with the sawndz program and still nothing so ive been using super sawndz and i change the sound files but when i get on my riivolution my characters sounds the same i have goku but he has pits voice i need major help :>.>palm:
that is strange indeed
Quote from: Uikri on November 13, 2013, 05:46:21 PM
Which files/filetypes does it use?
Shoot, sorry I accidentally ignored your question, haha.
It uses .sawnd files, something I've never heard of before. 0_o But it CREATES them for you, so don't worry. You also need to go into your "pf" folder on your SD and create a new folder there called "sfx", as that's where the files go.
Quote from: liuren17 on November 19, 2013, 12:27:18 AM
i change the sound files but when i get on my riivolution my characters sounds the same i have goku but he has pits voice i need major help :>.>palm:
I have two possible answers for you.
1) You probably named the .sawnd file incorrectly. Double check and make sure it's properly named; you want it named after the >group ID< of the CAPITALIZED portion of the hypothetical example below... (the names listed are NOT in the .brsar! I'm just calling them this because I don't remember at all what they're named lol)
>Mayreo
>Lugigee
>Browser
>PIT
>>>sfx
>>>voice
>>>>>>voicefile1
>>>>>>voicefile2
>>>>>>voicefile3lol
Click on THAT initial directory. Not the sfx or voice or whatever that drops down when you click on "Pit", just click "Pit". After clicking that, look at the "Group ID" (it appears close to the Insert button). Take that number, and name the .sawnd after it.
2) Some characters have TWO Group IDs in the .brsar!! I've noticed this with Dedede, and it may be true for Pit as well. One of these directories may be FALSE, in that you edit it but it has no bearing on the game because it isn't the "real" directory used in-game. It's stupid, I know.
I would suggest searching the whole .brsar and seeing if you can't find another Group ID with Pit's voice in it. If there's another one, edit it the same way you did before. That should solve your problem, hopefully.
Quote from: Amarythe on November 19, 2013, 01:24:55 PM
Shoot, sorry I accidentally ignored your question, haha.
It uses .sawnd files, something I've never heard of before. 0_o But it CREATES them for you, so don't worry. You also need to go into your "pf" folder on your SD and create a new folder there called "sfx", as that's where the files go.
No problem. But uh, what audio files can it make .sawnd files from? .wav? .ogg? .mp3?
Quote from: Uikri on November 20, 2013, 05:58:50 AM
No problem. But uh, what audio files can it make .sawnd files from? .wav? .ogg? .mp3?
.brsar only
sawnd files contain more than one "wav file" at once, when you make sawnd files you are making a pack, not individual wavs for the game
Hey i'm having a problem while trying to make .sawnd files. When I click Create .sawnd after selecting the character I want to make the .sawnd file for it gives me this message.
Sawndz 0.12
2010-2011 Jaklub
special thanks to mastkalo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Incorrect number of arguments.
sawndcreate command requires 1 argument.
group id
and I cant seem to get anything other than this no matter what I try.
Post Merge: November 29, 2013, 10:40:49 PM
I hate to post merge but I am also having a problem with inserting .wav files into the brsar.
When I try I get this message
Inserting wav 005.wav
sndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.
.
Sawndz 0.12
2010-2011 Jaklub
special thanks to mastkalo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Incorrect number of arguments.
insert command requires 4 arguments.
group id
collection id
wave id
frequency
looping (0 - not loop, any other - loop)
I saw on this topic someone got a message similar to this, and someone said to download the new Sawndz, but I've tried the latest two versions and I get the same message with both.
Quote from: RevenantGenesis on November 29, 2013, 08:55:47 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
THIS. SO HARD. What could be causing this? The program just won't create the .sawnd. Could I be missing a file? I have:
- dsptool.dll
- empty.wav
- readme.txt
- sawndz.exe
- the brsar file I'm using
- sndconv.exe
- soundfile.dll
- Super Sawndz.exe
makebnk.exe
pytgon27.dll
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 08, 2013, 09:55:35 PM
makebnk.exe
pytgon27.dll
I'm not sure where to get those files, are they in a specific version of Sawndz?
I'm using Super Sawndz v. 1.0.1 (which you can get from BrawlVault). When I downloaded it, it didn't come with those two files SonicBrawler listed, but it's able to import .wav files and create .sawnd files just fine. I just have the files that the readme.txt said to have.
What isn't creating .sawnd files for me though is the Super Sawndz mod from this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0)
I try to create a .sawnd file and nothing happens, nothing shows up in the folder I save it in. They're not invisible either. They were simply never created.
So, as far as I know, don't use the Super Sawndz from that thread. Use the one off of Brawl Vault, get the required files from the readme, and everything will be fine. If you've been using the regular one this whole time and it hasn't been working, then I don't know what to say. :/
WHOOMP THERE IT IS
...I fixed the problem. RevenantGenesis, here's the fix.
Open your folder where Super Sawndz was saved; the .zip should have also included the original sawndz.exe. Do you get an error saying that a file is missing from your computer? If so, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555). Chances are, you'll be missing a few files, and this pack contains all the ones you'll need.
The problem was that I didn't have all the Microsoft Visual C++ files on my computer that Sawndz, as a program, needed in order to run. Sawndz wasn't even running, so naturally, no .sawnd was being created.
Maybe this should be added to the first post? Seems like a couple people here and there had (have?) the same issue.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ORIGINAL PROBLEM FOLLOW-UP (solved, of course)Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
im new to brawl hacking and i got just about everything else down pack except the sawnd program and super sawndz...on super sawndz my toon link sounds like young link but in the game he sounds like plain old toon link same with sephiroth over marth and goku over pit please help me with a video or some type of better instrutions anybody
Quote from: agoaj on July 16, 2012, 05:20:45 AM(http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz.png) I was thinking about calling this Sawndz 64 but it works on 32 bit as well! This is a c# wrapper for Jaklub's sawndz program. I've added the ability to - Browse wav ids
- Preview sounds
- Select a .brsar file from anywhere to edit
- Shows file size of sounds and groups. Turns red to notify you size is over 0xDDDDD
This doesn't come with sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll to convert .wav files, but it can use them if you put them in the folder. It also has some of the same stability problems as before(maybe some new ones!) so remember to back up your .brsar. Size limit of 0xDDDDD only matters for most characters, but coloring applies for all. Download (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27683) Source on GoogleCode (http://code.google.com/p/super-sawndz/source/checkout)
When i replace sound effects sometimes other soundeffects get deleted. Is there any way i need to verify what the effects are going over?
Quote from: Mewcario on December 09, 2013, 08:05:41 PM
WHOOMP THERE IT IS
...I fixed the problem. RevenantGenesis, here's the fix.
Open your folder where Super Sawndz was saved; the .zip should have also included the original sawndz.exe. Do you get an error saying that a file is missing from your computer? If so, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555). Chances are, you'll be missing a few files, and this pack contains all the ones you'll need.
The problem was that I didn't have all the Microsoft Visual C++ files on my computer that Sawndz, as a program, needed in order to run. Sawndz wasn't even running, so naturally, no .sawnd was being created.
Maybe this should be added to the first post? Seems like a couple people here and there had (have?) the same issue.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL PROBLEM FOLLOW-UP (solved, of course)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Awesome thank you so much, I'm gonna try this out right now and see how it goes.
EDIT: Works perfectly for me, thanks again.
Is anyone else getting this error?
QuoteSelect File->Open BRSAR to begin.
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Índice fuera de los límites de la matriz.
en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.RWSDNode.OnPopulate()
en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.get_Children()
en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.FindChild(String path, Boolean searchChildren)
en BrawlSoundConverter.brsar.LoadTreeView(TreeView treeView)
en BrawlSoundConverter.Form1.loadTreeView()
I don't know what it could be, I searched through all the thread and I found nothing. Any help, please? It appears right after I open the .BRSAR :/
Also after that whenever I open the program it shows the same error without even asking me to open anything. I tried running it with admin. powers and with WXP compatibility pack 3, 2 and W7 and nothing.
I have Windows 8, but it did work before, now it just won't for some reason.
Also I DO have the three files from the original sawndz: sndconv.exe, soundfile.dll and dsptool.dll. So that's not the problem this time.
Does it work with PAL?
Quote from: Red6095 on December 21, 2013, 07:24:13 PM
Is anyone else getting this error?I don't know what it could be, I searched through all the thread and I found nothing. Any help, please? It appears right after I open the .BRSAR :/
Also after that whenever I open the program it shows the same error without even asking me to open anything. I tried running it with admin. powers and with WXP compatibility pack 3, 2 and W7 and nothing.
I have Windows 8, but it did work before, now it just won't for some reason.
Also I DO have the three files from the original sawndz: sndconv.exe, soundfile.dll and dsptool.dll. So that's not the problem this time.
If Super Sawndz crashed/freezed when you replaced something (like when I tried to replace Lucario sounds with those from Project Melee Mewtwo), it always happens. If you had a backup of the .BRSAR, just open it and try to replace sounds again.
Well, it seems that my BRSAR was corrupt. I redownloaded it and then no problem. Sorry. Dx
I'm having a little problem using Super Sawndz, my goal is to replace ASF1nk's BrawlEx (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0) announcer for Kid Buu with Mewtwo. According to the preview and this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Kid Buu's announcer was sucessfully replaced with Mewtwo's, but when I try to export the whole Menu (ID 220) as a sawnd file, the announcer resets back to Kid Buu, even though is was already replaced. I can hear the announcer saying "Mewtwo" in Super Sawndz, doesn't that mean that it worked? But why it just keeps reseting? I've tried it several times, but always when exporting it the announcer turns back to Kid Buu. Can anyone help me to figure it out?
Getting the "file size too small" error, tried EVERYTHING, exporting .wav tried different sample rates, lengthened sounds, layered sounds to bloat file size, tried MP3 formats.
Nothing is working preview sounds perfect but can't do anything right now. used Adobe CS6 to modify existing clips, so file size is similar and duration is exact, but like I said even if I make them huge (1.5MB) it still gives me the same error. :'(
Try checking Project Rate of the sound file in Audacity, cuz sometimes it can be really high (or low)
there was a file missing from the download, I had to get it from the old file (not very easy to track down) and put them in, it then worked. sweet program by the way, only thing that would make it better is being able to export from it (like you can do in brawl box) that and be able to edit sawnd files.
I ran into a problem. I had successfully inserted a sound effect before, but now it doesn't update. My Brsar file has all the sounds in it, but they won't play in the game. Did I do something with a Sawnd file that I forgot? Please help!
Edit: The older custom sfx still plays but the new ones I tried inserting today don't work.
I run into the "sawndcreate command requires 1 argument." Problem when trying to make a .sawnd. I have dsptool.dll, python27, soundfile.dll and sndconv.exe. I ran the Windows C++ 2010 installer to see if updating it would fix the problem, but it didn't. I can't find Makebank.exe anywhere on google
So I've been using Super Sawndz (the one included with the Replacement Soundbank Engine) and I have a brsar, sndconv.exe, and everything needed. I've swapped out Olimar's announcer call with one for Cloud. I've been trying to make a .sawnd file of this, but when I highlight Olimar's (now Cloud's) announcer call, click "Create Sawnd", and select my destination, no .sawnd file appears there.(http://puu.sh/8QqHt.gif) Any help?
This is what I get:sndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.
.
Stream has Finished
sndconv has exited
Argument =insert 44 629 29 16000 0 "smashbros_sound.brsar"
Starting sawndz.exe
Sawndz.Start() returned True
Sawndz 0.12
2010-2011 Jaklub
special thanks to mastkalo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Incorrect number of arguments.
insert command requires 4 arguments.
group id
collection id
wave id
frequency
looping (0 - not loop, any other - loop)Sawndz stream has finished
Sawndz has exited
Hello! I was wondering where I could find sncxonv.exe, dsptool.dll and soundfile.dll since I'm trying to make an announcer mod. I've looked everywhere but can't find them, if you have them please PM me
Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but I'm in the same situation as the previous poster. How are we supposed to use the program if it doesn't come with the required files? I've been able to find the DLL files, but I can't find sndconv.exe at all anymore. I used to have it on my old PC, but I lost all of my data due to a hard drive failure..
The old version of sawndz included them. When you run the old version it creates a copy in the sawndz folder and then deletes them when you close it.
But don't copy over sawndz.exe by mistake because my version is newer and super sawndz won't work with the older one.
so if i wanted to add a sound for a character i can't just drop it into sfx folder? Even though it says sfx
Did you update it already for File Patch Code 4.1 ?
how do i use this im having troible... i have wav files i want, and im trying to use audacity to convert to a brserbalerb or whatevertheheck its called. any suggestions?
Does this work with project M??
Is it weird how I am getting a buzz and skip when I preview the sounds before i transfer them into the file?
Yes!
Post Merge: December 02, 2016, 03:03:14 PM
It happens to me too, its really annoying.
Quote from: Lukus on December 02, 2016, 03:02:26 PM
Yes!
Post Merge: December 02, 2016, 03:03:14 PM
It happens to me too, its really annoying.
Is there a way to fix it?
hi, i need some help about Super Sawndz.
For what strange reason, after i made a custom Bowser sawndz the game crashes everytime i enter into a brawl or i exit training mode.
All i did was replace two audio files and that's it, but 4 sfx folders were red.
it's that normal? Because Legacy XP also has those same 4 sfx folders red but the mod works.
I'm also having some issues with my Homebrew launch Project M and I've been fiddling with it on and off for actual months to no avail, so at the end of my rope I've come here to beg for help.
So I changed 3 sounds in the joucyu folder, and almost all of Meta Knight's sounds and nothing else. Everything runs fine, with one exception, when Mewtwo gets picked, the game crashes either before the stage loads, or as soon as the camera pans over to him, presumably because the sound effect of his "round start" animation crashes the game.
I was confident that installing the memory leak fix would resolve things, but to my chagrin it hasn't. Can anyone help me understand how I can fix things?
For reference, Meta Knight does not crash the game in any capacity, no matter who Mewtwo's opponent is, the game crashes, and Meta Knight's sawnd file is well below the cap of what's allowed.
Weirdly enough, you need to export things twice sometimes to make them work properly, so uhm... if you only exported once, that may literally be your only problem, but this is just a guess.
Thanks for the fast response, but it didn't work unfortunately. I think I'm going to try making note of where all my files are in my modded copy and just doing a hard format.
If I go through one by one adding things and checking Mewtwo I'm sure I can figure out what's causing the crashes, it's just how [censored]ing painful it is to be combing through everything at all.
I don't know what's going on but my Super Sawndz has stopped working. It opens and operates just fine, but after doing anything (for example inserting a file) the trouble begins. When I try to do anything else (export a file, insert another file) it crashes. I have redownloaded it 4 times from 4 seperate links and I just can't figure out what's gong wrong.
QuickLava updated Super Sawndz and has made it way easier to use.
Please use their version for future use.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=221063 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=221063)