Welcome to the home of PmEx!
(http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/tgk_ty/Public/ProjectMDIYLogo2_zpsfaeb503d.png)
By Sirkura and PyotrLuzhin
New Logo Coming SoonUnder new management! Ty is currently unavailable to continue the project and asked me to take over. I'll be building on top of his old DiY project, so lets dive in and take a look shall we?
Progress-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New!~PM + BRAWLEX V.0.51 Release! (01/09/17)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210715
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info/About:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downloads:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change Logs:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAQ-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, PLEASE READ THE FAQ
Thank You
Useful Links:
Mewtwo2000's ASL tool for adding stages to PM:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742)
Original BeX Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
Tutorial For adding clones by Pyotr:
http://smashboards.com/threads/brawlex-pm-template-v-0-2-clone-guide.429303/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/brawlex-pm-template-v-0-2-clone-guide.429303/)
stage expansion template for PMeX by hyper:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8kWdhz8JkJcUmVNdHl2YS1DeDg/view?usp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8kWdhz8JkJcUmVNdHl2YS1DeDg/view?usp=sharing)
Full brawl partition with all files:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=32962.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=32962.0)
I will add more here as needed. These are general things people tend to ask for, so I added it here for convenience. The clone tool by sammi is not compatible for BeX 2.0, please don't ask for it, it will do more harm then good until he decides to update it.
Is it possible to give clone characters their sounds using a sawnd/bnk file that doesn't replace a character/boss's sound file?
Quote from: Cahalan on July 21, 2015, 12:12:55 PM
Is it possible to give clone characters their sounds using a sawnd/bnk file that doesn't replace a character/boss's sound file?
this is actually something i wanted to look into maybe after this project is finished. currently however it still goes under the same restrictions BeX has. tho it may be possible to rewrite code to make an expansion for swnds/bnk files in the future. similar to how they relocated memory for the BeX fighters.
The "clone engine" you've copied into the problematic section isn't the clone engine, FYI. It's the Masquerade code (or at least, that's what it used to be called), which gives characters more costumes.
Quote from: SerryPlesk on July 26, 2015, 08:09:28 PM
The "clone engine" you've copied into the problematic section isn't the clone engine, FYI. It's the Masquerade code (or at least, that's what it used to be called), which gives characters more costumes.
Yep you are correct. That was just a copy and paste from an old note I made. Please excuse the typo I'll fix it when I get home from work. The clone engine is listed in cosmetics if I remember right.
I wish i knew more about coding slash editing to help. I couldnt even add a clone in on 3.02 filly. Giving clones their own pictures and files on the roster was hard enough even with videos >,< lol
I'll still be checking in time to time and stuff. This is something i can't wait to see finished if possible <3
The last version had issues with battle portraits and the CSS or at least I have those issues. Will they be resolved in your version?
Quote from: EnKaYea on July 30, 2015, 10:13:33 PM
The last version had issues with battle portraits and the CSS or at least I have those issues. Will they be resolved in your version?
What issues are you referring to?
Quote from: soopercool101 on July 31, 2015, 02:42:19 AM
What issues are you referring to?
Like how the bp for brawlex characters would only show the one for the first costume and how the the pictures you would put for the css wouldn't load but instead show the random box and name
Quote from: EnKaYea on August 01, 2015, 07:17:19 PM
Like how the bp for brawlex characters would only show the one for the first costume and how the the pictures you would put for the css wouldn't load but instead show the random box and name
Is this including Mewtwo and Roy?
Quote from: EnKaYea on August 01, 2015, 07:17:19 PM
Like how the bp for brawlex characters would only show the one for the first costume and how the the pictures you would put for the css wouldn't load but instead show the random box and name
That sounds like your missing a step in adding CSPs. i havent had any issues adding portraits in any of the previous versions. this also happens if your using the clone tool, wich is already really buggy at times. i recommend this guid its very useful and a quick tutorial for adding CSP's from the ground up:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73298.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73298.0)
Quote from: soopercool101 on August 01, 2015, 08:01:01 PM
Is this including Mewtwo and Roy?
Yes i'm still working on the cosmetics however, i want the all the original PM content to be 100% compatible by the release. one error we found is clones will need stock icons, as PM no longer uses the defaut circles each character is unique. i think the process for this should be similar to adding cosmetics for anything else. no idea if BeX is completely compatible for that however.
How's the progress on this so far?
Quote from: PuppyInd-NN on August 10, 2015, 03:23:53 AM
How's the progress on this so far?
Hoping to have the GCT finished tonight. Sorry I havent had much time to work on it lately. Been quite busy in RL, i don't think i'll meet any serious obsticals as i decrypt it. I use a 3 step method.
Cosmetics
Masqurade
Patch
Cosmetics shouldn't have changed much, i can't see anything extra they changed (same menu, same order of characters, same PM folder yadayada)
Masqurade is any and all extra costumes, i've listed it before, its pretty easy to find the headers and closing, as they are always the same except about 4 bytes of code, this i know has changed drastically as many costumes were added. still easy enough to find however.
Finally for patching the codes. this includes things like injecting FPC 3.5.1b or replacing any problematic codes (like 3.5 had an issue with the airdodge code, unsure why but fixed when i replaced it with the older code from 3.02)
I'm currently on step 2.
Update!: August 12, 2015, 08:30:29 AM
As I thought, not much in cosmetics was changed. i'll list the codes in cosmetics below for anyone that might find use for them. (ones with an asterisk are not found in 3.6)
Cosmetics: 3.6
RSBE01
SuperSmashBros3
CSS Fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek v2.1 [spunit262]
04693D50 38800004
06693D6C 00000008
38000000 3880000F
046900E8 60000000
04697F58 60000000
04697EEC 60000000
CSS Fixes for Giga and Company v2 [spunit262]
C2684940 00000002
9BB400B8 57BD06BE
2C1D001B 00000000
040AF8D4 546025B6
040AF964 546025B6
040AF830 546025B6
040AF528 546025B6
040AF880 546025B6
040AF848 546025B6
*Giga & Sopo don't wreck My Music [spunit262]
C2815524 00000006
7C641B78 2C030011
4182000C 2C030012
40A20008 38600010
2C03002C 40A20008
3860000C 4E800020
60000000 00000000
Custom CSS v3 [spunit262]
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 0000002A
1500090D 0C05011A
0A250713 100E0F02
24142E20 08232B2C
2A030419 0B170616
1F21112D 18221226
27290000 00000000
CSS ASM
C20AF810 00000003
546025B6 2C030040
4081000C 7C030378
38030001 00000000
Move CSS Slots [ds22,dantarion]
80000000 80455458
80000001 80585B00
8A028001 00000000
040AF258 3C808058
040AF260 38845B00
040AF31C 3C808058
040AF324 38845B00
040AF520 3CC08058
040AF530 38C65B00
040AF708 3C808058
040AF710 38845B00
040AF80C 3C808058
040AF814 38845B00
040AF82C 3C808058
040AF834 38845B00
040AF844 3C808058
040AF84C 38845B00
040AF874 3CA08058
040AF87C 38A55B00
040AF8D0 3C808058
040AF8D8 38845B00
040AF91C 3CA08058
040AF924 38A55B00
040AF93C 3CA08058
040AF944 38A55B00
040AF960 3CA08058
040AF968 38A55B00
040AF9C4 3C808058
040AF9CC 38845B00
040AF70C 38000007
Custom Random v1 [spunit262]
06685824 0000000C
3C608068 7C630214
88630E80 00000000
046857F0 3AE00029
06680E80 00000029
1500090D 0C05011A
0A250713 100E0F02
24142E20 08232B2C
2A030419 0B170616
1F21112D 18221226
27000000 00000000
*Hold Shield for Giga or Sopo [ds22]
C26847BC 00000002
2C030010 41820008
2C03000C 00000000
C268482C 00000003
2C1D0010 4082000C
3BA00037 48000008
3BA00038 00000000
*Giga & Sopo CSS slots + CSS HRC Fix [ds22]
06585E70 00000010
11FF0E0F 000019B5
804552E4 00000000
044557C8 0F011011
04AD836C 0000000F
06585E80 00000010
2C0C0B0B 000019BD
804552A4 80000000
Independent Pokemon Engine +no wreck My Music v2 [spunit262]
06407BD0 0000000E
04030F0D 1E1B1F1B
201B211B 221B0000
SD Root=/projectm/
06406920 0000000B
2F70726F 6A656374
6D2F0000 00000000
Remove "RSBX" from SD Path
0403A430 9805FFFF
0403A43C 60000000
0403A8E0 9805FFFF
0403A8EC 60000000
0403AF40 9805FFFF
0403AF4C 60000000
0403B960 9805FFFF
0403B96C 60000000
0403BDDC 9805FFFF
0403BDE8 60000000
0403CB1C 9805FFFF
0403CB28 60000000
FPC 3.5.1 for /projectm/ [Phantom Wings, mod by Dantarion]
E0000000 80008000
225664EC 00000000
0401BFE0 4858BE20
065A7E00 00000070
38A00067 38810020
3CE0805A 60E37C0C
4BE52531 38A0007F
3883FFF5 38610020
4BE52521 38A00068
60E47C0C 38610020
9421FF80 BC410008
38610088 4BA74DB9
7C7C1B78 2C030000
4082000C 38210080
4800001C B8410008
38210080 4BE524E5
38610008 4BA742E1
7C7C1B78 4BA741E8
040223E0 48585BC0
065A7FA0 00000028
80010044 3C608001
6063581C 7C001800
4082000C 7FDDC850
3BDEFFE0 93DB0008
4BA7A424 00000000
0401CD0C 4858B1F4
065A7F00 00000038
2C030000 4182000C
4BA7DD51 4BA74E04
80780008 2C030000
41820014 8118000C
7C634214 7C7B1850
48000008 8078000C
4BA74DE0 00000000
043EE9D8 48000014
043EEBD4 48000014
043D8B9C 48000018
043E9B4C 38600000
043E9D38 38600000
043D8C80 60000000
80000000 80406920
80000001 805A7C00
8A000A01 00000000
065A7C0A 00000002
70660000 00000000
80000001 805A7B00
8A000A01 00000000
065A7B0A 00000009
70662F73 6F756E64
2F000000 00000000
041C6CE0 483E0D20
065A7A00 00000028
9421FF80 BC410008
3C60805A 60637B13
4BE52931 B8410008
38210080 4BE52995
4BC1F2C4 00000000
065A7900 00000078
9421FF80 7C0802A6
9001000C BC810010
9421FF00 7C872378
54B2BA7E 7CD33378
38800000 9081000C
90810010 90610014
90810018 3880FFFF
9081001C 38610020
90610008 7CE43B78
38A00080 4BE529F5
38610008 4BA752A1
60000000 80210000
B8810010 8001000C
7C0803A6 80210000
4E800020 00000000
043E399C 481C3F04
065A78A0 00000010
80BC0020 7CA59214
3A400000 4BE3C0F4
043DBAEC 481CBDE4
065A78D0 00000018
800302A4 2C130000
41820008 7E609B78
3A600000 4BE3420C
041CDF7C 483D9884
065A7800 00000098
818C0014 9421FF80
BC410008 3D009034
61089D94 7C034000
4082003C 7C882378
3C60804D 60630000
3C80805A 60847B00
7CC53378 38C04200
80E40080 2C070000
40820014 60000000
480000B9 2C030000
41820010 B8410008
80210000 4BC26724
70A501FF 3868FFFF
3C80804C 6084FFFF
7C842A14 38A04001
38A5FFFF 8C040001
9C030001 2C050000
4082FFF0 B8410008
80210000 4BC2670C
141CCF90 483DA770
065A7700 00000048
9421FF80 BC410008
7FE3FB78 3C80805A
60847B00 38A00000
38C04000 480001E5
90640080 807F0008
907A0014 907A005C
907A0074 B8410008
80210000 807F0000
4BC25854 00000000
E0000000 80008000
RSBE v1.20 (/projectm/pf/sfx) [InternetExplorer]
80000000 80406920
80000001 805A7D18
045A7D00 805A7D18
065A7D18 00000025
2F70726F 6A656374
6D2F7066 2F736678
2F25642E 7361776E
64000000 00000000
045A7D10 919B6600
C21C8370 0000003C
9421FF80 BC610008
3C60805A 60637000
94230008 7C611B78
3B5A0007 3C60805A
60637D00 9343FFE0
38800000 9081000C
90810010 93610014
90810018 3880FFFF
9081001C 38610020
90610008 3C80805A
60847D18 7F45D378
3D80803F 618C89FC
7D8903A6 4E800421
38810020 7F63DB78
38A00000 38C00000
3D80805A 618C7900
7D8903A6 4E800421
2C030000 40820114
3C60805A 60637D00
8081FE90 9083FFD0
7F64DB78 3884FFFD
3CC05257 60C65344
38840004 81240000
7C093000 4082FFF4
7C9B2050 9083FFC0
3D2090E6 61290F10
81290000 7D244B78
7C862378 38C60008
80A4002C 7C842A14
38840008 3CE0805A
60E77D00 8167FFE0
38840008 80A40000
7CA53214 80E50000
7C075800 4082FFEC
7D244B78 80C50024
7CA43214 38A50008
80E50000 38A50008
7F63DB78 38630009
80C50000 7CC43214
38E7FFFF 81430000
91460008 81430004
91460014 81430008
91460018 3863000C
38A50008 2C070000
4181FFD0 3C60805A
60637D00 8083FFD0
80A3FFC0 7C852050
7F66DB78 7CE62A14
89070000 99060000
38C60001 38E70001
3884FFFF 2C040000
4181FFE8 38600000
2C030000 3CA0805A
60A57D00 9065FFF0
3C20805A 60217000
80210008 B8610008
38210080 7D8903A6
4182000C 4E800421
48000008 7CE33B78
60000000 00000000
C21C8658 00000007
3E00805A 62107D00
8230FFF0 2C110000
40820010 7CE33B78
3B200000 41820014
4E800421 3A400001
9250FFF0 60000000
60000000 00000000
Result Names [ds22]
0459E03C 526F7900
044564A4 4D657774
044564A8 776F0000
044564AC 00000000
044564B0 00000000
044564B4 00000000
Result Camera Fixes [ds22]
06B29ADC 00000034
41000000 40900000
41200000 00000032
3F800000 40E00000
40C00000 40C00000
00000033 3F866666
40C00000 40C00000
40400000 00000000
Cosmetic Stuff [ds22]
04455890 0000202A
04455918 270132FF
0445591C 0E000000
04455920 0000201D
044559AC 07000000
Clone Victory Music [ds22]
80000000 804088C0
80000001 80585EF0
8A00CC01 00000000
040E6B4C 3C608058
040E6B54 38635EF0
040E6B58 3800001C
04408988 0000284D
06585FBC 00000014
00002844 0000284D
00002844 0000284D
00002844 00000000
Clone Result Name SFX [ds22]
80000000 80408A44
80000001 80585FF0
8A00CC01 00000000
040EB22C 3C608058
040EB234 38635FF0
040EB230 3800001B
04408B0C 0000201D
065860BC 00000010
0000202A 00001FDE
00001FDE 817983A0
*Roy & M2 Kirby Hat Data [ds22]
06585AC4 00000018
6B697262 792F4669
744B6972 62794D65
7774776F 2E706163
06585AE0 00000018
6B697262 792F4669
744B6972 6279526F
792E7061 63000000
04AD7FB4 80585AC4
04AD7FB8 80585AE0
04AD8B54 00000036
04AD8B58 0000003A
04AD801C 00010102
Roy Hat Float Fix [dantarion]
C2A1A5B0 00000004
2C060027 40820008
38C00011 2C060026
40820008 38C00021
1C0400DC 00000000looks like they removed "Hold Shield for giga/solo ice climbers" that shouldn't affect anything. however Kirby data for roy and mewtwo seems to have been changed, i am not certain this will affect anything as BEX clones do not have Kirby hats anyway at this time. I'll experiment with it as i can just to make sure. Working on Masquerade now.
Update2!: August 12, 2015, 08:55:28 AM
Woot! Masquerade finished:
Masquerade: 3.6
RSBE01
SuperSmashBros3
Masqurade 1/3
04455460 80586150
04455470 80586398
04455480 80586200
04455490 80586248
044554A0 80586260
044554B0 80586184
044554C0 80586278
044554D0 8058619C
044554E0 80586100
044554F0 805863F8
04455500 80586290
04455510 805862A8
04455530 805861B4
04455570 805862C0
04455580 805863B0
04455590 805861C8
044555A0 805862D8
044555C0 805862F0
044555D0 805863C8
044555E0 80586308
04455620 805863E0
04455630 80586170
04455640 805861F0
04455650 80586320
04455660 80586218
04455670 80586338
04455680 80586410
04455690 80586130
044556A0 80586350
044556B0 80586368
044556D0 80586380
Masqurade 2/3
044552B0 0A070C00
044552D0 07060C00
044552E0 07060C00
044552F0 0A060C00
0445538C 08060C00
0445539C 0A070C00
04455444 08060C00
Masqurade 3/3
065860F0 00000010
02000302 00010103
07040905 08060C00
06586100 00000010
02000001 03020103
02040705 08060C00
06586110 00000010
01000001 03020203
07040905 0C000000
06586120 00000010
00000302 01030201
07040905 0C000000
06586130 00000010
06000001 09040103
03020705 08060C00
06586140 00000010
02000001 03020103
07040905 0C000000
06586150 00000018
00000906 01030302
08050907 080B0008
0309010A 0C000000
06586170 00000014
01000302 00010203
07040805 09060A07
0C000000 00000000
06586184 00000018
03000001 01030204
06050506 07070808
09090A0A 0C000000
0658619C 00000018
07000804 00010302
01030905 08060007
03080109 0C000000
065861B4 00000014
06000A05 00010103
03020904 07070806
0C000000 00000000
065861C8 00000018
09000A05 01030001
03020804 07060007
03080109 0C000000
065861E0 00000010
00000201 01030302
07040805 09060C00
065861F0 00000010
02000001 03020103
07040805 09060C00
06586200 00000018
03000001 01030905
02060804 03070008
01090A0A 0C000000
06586218 00000014
01000001 05040905
03020706 08070A08
0C000000 00000000
06586230 00000014
02000302 00010103
07040805 09060607
0C000000 00000000
06586248 00000014
02000103 00010404
03020805 09070A08
07060C00 00000000
06586260 00000014
05000103 00010404
03020805 09070A08
07060C00 00000000
06586278 00000014
06000204 01030001
03020905 0A060807
0C000000 00000000
06586290 00000014
05000804 00010302
01030605 09060A07
0C000000 00000000
065862A8 00000018
00000905 02040302
01030806 0A070108
0009030A 0C000000
065862C0 00000018
01000001 03020804
09050503 09060007
03080109 0C000000
065862D8 00000018
04000804 01030302
00010705 0A060107
03080009 0C000000
065862F0 00000014
04000904 00010302
01030605 08060907
0C000000 00000000
06586308 00000014
02000904 00010805
03020103 0A060707
0C000000 00000000
06586320 00000014
00000606 03020405
01030704 00070308
01090C00 00000000
06586338 00000018
05000205 00010103
03020704 01060007
03080A09 0C000000
06586350 00000014
03000001 01030404
07050806 01070308
00090C00 00000000
06586368 00000018
0B000001 08040302
01030905 07060007
03080109 0C000000
06586380 00000014
01000001 02040302
08050706 08070A08
0C000000 00000000
06586398 00000014
07000804 00010103
03020905 00060107
03080C00 00000000
065863B0 00000014
08000001 02040103
03020505 09060607
04080C00 00000000
065863C8 00000014
09000204 00010302
01030805 09060807
0C000000 00000000
065863E0 00000014
00000201 01030302
07040805 0A060907
0C000000 00000000
065863F8 00000018
03000A05 00010103
0B040406 03070008
0109090A 0C000000
06586410 00000018
00000906 02050604
01030302 08070B08
05090C0A 0C000000
Update3!: August 12, 2015, 09:05:58 AM
Patched, uploading the next Beta GCT For testing:
Patch: 3.6
RSBE01
SuperSmashBros3
File Patch Code v3.5.1b
E0000000 80008000
225664EC 00000000
0401BFE0 4858BE20
065A7E00 00000070
38A00067 38810020
3CE0805A 60E37C18
4BE52531 38A0007F
3883FFE8 38610020
4BE52521 38A00068
60E47C18 38610020
9421FF80 BC410008
38610088 4BA74DB9
7C7C1B78 2C030000
4082000C 38210080
4800001C B8410008
38210080 4BE524E5
38610008 4BA742E1
7C7C1B78 4BA741E8
040223E0 48585BC0
065A7FA0 00000028
80010044 3C608001
6063581C 7C001800
4082000C 7FDDC850
3BDEFFE0 93DB0008
4BA7A424 00000000
0401CD0C 4858B1F4
065A7F00 00000038
2C030000 4182000C
4BA7DD51 4BA74E04
80780008 2C030000
41820014 8118000C
7C634214 7C7B1850
48000008 8078000C
4BA74DE0 00000000
043EE9D8 48000014
043EEBD4 48000014
043D8B9C 48000018
043E9B4C 38600000
043E9D38 38600000
043D8C80 60000000
80000000 80406920
80000001 805A7C00
8A001001 00000000
045A7C10 2F525342
045A7C14 452F7066
80000001 805A7B00
8A001001 00000000
065A7B10 0000000F
2F525342 452F7066
2F736F75 6E642F00
041C6CE0 483E0D20
065A7A00 00000028
9421FF80 BC410008
3C60805A 60637B1F
4BE52931 B8410008
38210080 4BE52995
4BC1F2C4 00000000
065A7900 00000078
9421FF80 7C0802A6
9001000C BC810010
9421FF00 7C872378
54B2BA7E 7CD33378
38800000 9081000C
90810010 90610014
90810018 3880FFFF
9081001C 38610020
90610008 7CE43B78
38A00080 4BE529F5
38610008 4BA752A1
60000000 80210000
B8810010 8001000C
7C0803A6 80210000
4E800020 00000000
043E399C 481C3F04
065A78A0 00000010
80BC0020 7CA59214
3A400000 4BE3C0F4
043DBAEC 481CBDE4
065A78D0 00000018
800302A4 2C130000
41820008 7E609B78
3A600000 4BE3420C
041CDF7C 483D9884
065A7800 00000098
818C0014 9421FF80
BC410008 60000000
60000000 60000000
60000000 7C882378
3C60804D 60630000
3C80805A 60847B00
7CC53378 38C04200
80E40080 2C070000
40820014 60000000
480000B9 2C030000
41820010 B8410008
80210000 4BC26724
70A501FF 3868FFFF
3C80804C 6084FFFF
7C842A14 38A04001
38A5FFFF 8C040001
9C030001 2C050000
4082FFF0 B8410008
80210000 4BC2670C
141CCF90 483DA770
065A7700 00000048
9421FF80 BC410008
7FE3FB78 3C80805A
60847B00 38A00000
38C04000 480001E5
90640080 807F0008
907A0014 907A005C
907A0074 B8410008
80210000 807F0000
4BC25854 00000000
E0000000 80008000
Melee Air Dodge v6.1 (1/2) [Shanus, Magus]
4A000000 90000000
1619C400 00000370
00000000 00000010
00000006 00000001
00000000 00000019
00000006 00000003
00000005 000003F3
00000005 21000005
00000005 000003FA
00000005 21000007
00000001 0002D690
00000005 21000005
00000001 0002D690
00000005 21000007
00000000 00000046
00000000 0000001B
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000001
00000000 00000001
00000000 00000001
00000005 21000005
00000005 21000007
00000001 0000D2F0
00000005 21000005
00000001 0000D2F0
00000005 21000007
00000001 0000EA60
00000005 12000039
00000000 0000000A
00000005 000003F3
00000005 11000006
00000005 000003FA
00000005 11000007
00000006 00000007
00000005 11000006
00000000 00000000
00000001 00000000
00000001 FFFF15A0
00000005 11000006
00000006 00000007
00000005 11000007
00000000 00000000
00000001 00000000
00000001 FFFF15A0
00000005 11000007
00000005 11000006
00000005 11000007
00000006 00000007
00000005 11000007
00000000 00000005
00000001 0000EA60
00000001 0000EA60
00000005 11000007
00000001 00000000
00000005 11000007
00000001 000027D8
00000005 11000006
00000005 11000007
00000005 11000006
00000005 11000006
00000005 21000005
00000005 000003FA
00000005 11000006
00000005 11000006
00000005 21000007
00000002 9019C608
02010200 9019C400
02010200 9019C410
00070100 80FB18E4
12060200 9019C4E0
12060200 9019C4F0
000A0400 9019C500
120F0200 9019C520
000F0000 00000000
000A0400 9019C530
120F0200 9019C550
000F0000 00000000
12070200 9019C560
000A0400 9019C570
12080200 9019C590
000E0000 00000000
12060200 9019C5A0
000F0000 00000000
12060200 9019C420
12060200 9019C4E0
120F0200 9019C5B0
120F0200 9019C5C0
12080200 9019C5D0
12060200 9019C430
12060200 9019C5E0
120F0200 9019C5B0
120F0200 9019C5C0
12080200 9019C5F0
120F0200 9019C440
120F0200 9019C450
04000100 9019C460
120A0100 9019C4D0
0E000100 9019C4D8
0E080400 9019C470
0E060100 9019C490
0E010200 9019C498
00040100 9019C468
0E080400 9019C470
0E060100 9019C490
0E010200 9019C498
120F0200 9019C4A8
120F0200 9019C4B8
00010100 9019C4C8
00050000 00000000
0E070100 9019C490
00080000 00000000
06FB18F4 00000010
00070100 9019C600
00020000 00000000
06FC2478 00000008
00020000 00000000
4A000000 90000000
1619A1C8 00000050
00000006 00000007
00000005 00000000
00000000 00000004
00000001 0018B820
00000002 9019A1F0
000A0400 9019A1C8
00070100 80FADC4C
000F0000 00000000
12030100 80FB14DC
00080000 00000000
4A000000 80F9FC20
1601195C 00000008
00070100 9019A1E8
Melee Air Dodge v5.0 (2/2) [Shanus]
4A000000 90000000
1619A250 00000098
00000000 00000001
00000006 00000007
00000005 00004E23
00000000 00000004
00000001 001E3660
00000006 00000007
00000005 00004E23
00000000 00000001
00000001 007445A0
00000001 0002D690
00000002 9019A2A8
02010200 80FAF454
08000100 9019A250
000A0400 9019A258
000A0400 9019A278
04070100 9019A298
000F0000 00000000
000F0000 00000000
00080000 00000000
06FC1CA0 00000008
00070100 9019A2A0
Update4!: August 12, 2015, 09:22:00 AM
Beta Released!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2qpde8mq73tqdtq/DiY3.6b.gct (http://www.mediafire.com/download/2qpde8mq73tqdtq/DiY3.6b.gct)
3.6 GCT
Please note this is ONLY the GCT. You will need to add the core files yourself. Please report any glitches you may find here in this thread.
Nice job! So, what core files are you talking about?
i knew you had it in you :D
but yeah if you dont mind me asking what is the core files youre meaning
Quote from: KarefyrmSix on August 12, 2015, 08:45:51 PM
i knew you had it in you :D
but yeah if you dont mind me asking what is the core files youre meaning
i mean you will need to follow this tutorial. i don't have the menu, rel files, or configs set up. (yet) it will come out eventually when i have more time to work on it. Just swap the PM GCT in 3.6 then follow this tutorial:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
Right on! That was quick! I'll test this later. btw, sirkura do you still need those already configured cosmetic files still? '(the alternate costumes, ic codes, ect)? If so i would be glad to help!
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on August 13, 2015, 11:02:49 PM
Right on! That was quick! I'll test this later. btw, sirkura do you still need those already configured cosmetic files still? '(the alternate costumes, ic codes, ect)? If so i would be glad to help!
Yes actually ^^ it would be very much appreciated, i only have Tuesday nights to work on it, so its kinda slow going.
Awesome! i'll put them together then! Only one thing though. I need to know what the IC codes are, so i'll know what to change in the files. i already know everything else.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on August 17, 2015, 04:04:18 AM
Awesome! i'll put them together then! Only one thing though. I need to know what the IC codes are, so i'll know what to change in the files. i already know everything else.
For the most part its just adding the obvious things like "samus has crawl, link/mewtwo has multi jab" etc i think i have an older list somewhere in the notes, none of the IC's have really changed since 3.02 i'll list them here when i get the chance. I really appreciate it. ^^ thanks <3
lol dat heart. j-j-jelly
Quote from: Sirkura on August 17, 2015, 10:25:43 AM
For the most part its just adding the obvious things like "samus has crawl, link/mewtwo has multi jab" etc i think i have an older list somewhere in the notes, none of the IC's have really changed since 3.02 i'll list them here when i get the chance. I really appreciate it. ^^ thanks <3
No problem! happy to help. ive finished a css roster file that puts the characters in the same order as pm. ill try costumes next, but i have a question.
I tried to test your beta gct, and i got it to work, but i couldn't load any alternate costumes. i have mario's costumes fully configured for brawl ex (used them in the 3.5 patch and worked flawlessly). Any idea why any costumes wont show up?
And KarefyrmSix, are you referring to lady green heart on my profile pic?
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on August 20, 2015, 02:57:20 AM
No problem! happy to help. ive finished a css roster file that puts the characters in the same order as pm. ill try costumes next, but i have a question.
I tried to test your beta gct, and i got it to work, but i couldn't load any alternate costumes. i have mario's costumes fully configured for brawl ex (used them in the 3.5 patch and worked flawlessly). Any idea why any costumes wont show up?
i tried to do the files as well but like.. broke stuff :/ The roaster just completely exploded and lost experience.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on August 20, 2015, 02:57:20 AM
And KarefyrmSix, are you referring to lady green heart on my profile pic?
i like anime as much as the next guy but dont now who your picture s sadly. Now f you had a picture of anyone n Naruto d own dat sheet hardcore
Is it normal to have the CSS icons and names for the BrawlEX characters to show up as Random or is it my end?
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on August 20, 2015, 02:57:20 AM
No problem! happy to help. ive finished a css roster file that puts the characters in the same order as pm. ill try costumes next, but i have a question.
I tried to test your beta gct, and i got it to work, but i couldn't load any alternate costumes. i have mario's costumes fully configured for brawl ex (used them in the 3.5 patch and worked flawlessly). Any idea why any costumes wont show up?
And KarefyrmSix, are you referring to lady green heart on my profile pic?
Hmm. it should work all the same. all you should do is set up the fighter config to read them. there is a tutorial for it somewhere. i'll see if i find anything in it.
Quote from: Cyprus on August 20, 2015, 10:39:41 PM
Is it normal to have the CSS icons and names for the BrawlEX characters to show up as Random or is it my end?
that typically means the config data isn't set up correctly. it also happens if you add custom CSP's and forget to change the chr0 files to acomidate it.
would you know if i can use cbliss with this?
Alright, I got the clones to work (I forgot to change the chr0 files, silly me XD), but now when I added the 2nd clone the shadows for the css names are messed up and shows different shadow names for different characters (Ex: Young Link's name under Wario's name)
I can add the clones. It's just adding costumes are an issue for me. Can anyone add the extra costumes using both the fighter files and the cssslot files? I've done it correctly, but the extra costumes are not appearing. Its as if the cssslot files aren't. being read.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on August 23, 2015, 01:29:29 PM
I can add the clones. It's just adding costumes are an issue for me. Can anyone add the extra costumes using both the fighter files and the cssslot files? I've done it correctly, but the extra costumes are not appearing. Its as if the cssslot files aren't. being read.
That's very strange, hmm. I'll check it Tuesday if i can, I was scheduled to work Wednesday x.x Has anyone found any glitches? i haven't heard any reports of anything not working yet. i'd assume Pokemon are broken. any random freezes at the CSS? results? i'll eat my foot if i got this right first try xD
eating your own foot seems to be just a tad much think. but actually by eating your foot youd have more time to work on projects and whatnot ^.^
Anyways. i tried getting the files to wor once and screwed up everything lol im nowhere as good as yall are but if get my hands on a pre built one ill gladly put together a list of any ingame bugs a find on my free time. i work graveyards so being a bat and all i sleep during the day and have a little free time before i crash so yeah
Whenever I try to install this and use it, it just loads up normal Brawl. I've tried over and over, but I can't seen to get it to work?
Maybe you are forgetting the File Patch Code
Also, how stable is the newest-ish release?
Heyo, I finally decided to give this a try using my own Ex setup, but I'm having an issue with trying to play as the clones I have.
I'm using the 3.6 .gct with the old 3.02 setup from the other thread. Everything loads perfectly, clones show up and all, but in Training mode, whenever I start a match with a clone, the game hard freezes after the announcer says "Ready?".
Does anyone have any ideas on how to circumvent this? It has to be a clone-exclusive problem considering everything else works fine.
Wow! I love the new thread! You've done a great job keeping Project M DIY alive.
Thank you so much for continuing this project for me and everyone else.
Your friend,
-Ty
Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on August 31, 2015, 04:18:53 PM
Heyo, I finally decided to give this a try using my own Ex setup, but I'm having an issue with trying to play as the clones I have.
I'm using the 3.6 .gct with the old 3.02 setup from the other thread. Everything loads perfectly, clones show up and all, but in Training mode, whenever I start a match with a clone, the game hard freezes after the announcer says "Ready?".
Does anyone have any ideas on how to circumvent this? It has to be a clone-exclusive problem considering everything else works fine.
this may actually be GCT/menu related. the code list from 3.02 and 3.6 is pretty different. the menus themselves aren't even entirely the same. the sora.rel has different hooks to load different things as well. for instance look at stamina mode, (something i mentioned before when delving into the 3.5 codelist) if you look at stamina mode the textures that determine the rules are not changed, and i can not for the life of me figure out what to do to make the hooks work correctly.
i plan on making the 3.6 menu's fully compatable, i just havent had much time with laborday approaching Dx, my store has been stupidly busy with clients and venders.
Quote from: InvaderXYZ on August 30, 2015, 07:14:46 PM
Whenever I try to install this and use it, it just loads up normal Brawl. I've tried over and over, but I can't seen to get it to work?
Make sure you use the default brawl directories and NOT the PM folder.
(i.E.) SD:private/wii/app/rsbe/PF
you should be able to just drag and copy the PM folders contents into the PF folder.
Quote from: TheGamerKidTy on August 31, 2015, 08:48:27 PM
Wow! I love the new thread! You've done a great job keeping Project M DIY alive.
Thank you so much for continuing this project for me and everyone else.
Your friend,
-Ty
OFC ^^ i said i would, I really want to make PM fully customizable like any other brawl hack. i never really cared for the project because i couldn't change it. (srsly did anyone want butterfingers back? e.e) ofc PMBR would offer 0 help in changing their game be it adding simple code or a character. its just... so closed off and really off-putting about the project. i've asked for help several times, and was simply ignored all together. Oh well i'm a stubborn girl xD I knew i'd figure it out eventually. it just took a little longer.
Hey Ty popped his head in!
Quote from: Sirkura on September 01, 2015, 10:04:21 AMMake sure you use the default brawl directories and NOT the PM folder.
(i.E.) SD:private/wii/app/rsbe/PF
you should be able to just drag and copy the PM folders contents into the PF folder.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on August 31, 2015, 12:53:21 PM
Maybe you are forgetting the File Patch Code
I put everything in the right directory, so it should be working. It's not though. and File Patch code? Not too sure what that is. Although, does it matter that i'm using a 4GB SD Card rather than just 2GB? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
Hey, I tried this for 3.6 and I have a question.
The game seems to load the character fine and such, but as soon as the match starts (when he says 'GO!') it crashes. Any reason why this is happening? ( http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg (http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg) )
Thanks for any help!
I don't see a problem with Samus' stock icons.
And PM 3.6 added stock icons to info.pac, did you configure those as well?
Quote from: HyperL!nk on September 05, 2015, 10:07:35 PM
Hi there!
I'm having this same problem when using the beta DIY GCT with 3.6 Full Homebrew.
I followed the tutorial from the official BrawlEx thread with Marth and it shows up correctly at the CSS (along with announcer call, and costumes) but right when the match starts, it shows Mario's stock icons and the game crashes. http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg)
If anyone wants to try it out, I uploaded the Dolphin virtual SD card here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8kWdhz8JkJcWVBWT3Y4WU9wOG8 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8kWdhz8JkJcWVBWT3Y4WU9wOG8) (Move sd.raw to *Documents*/Dolphin Emulator/Wii, enable SD card, set Brawl ISO as default and Open the Gecko ELF file in dolphin)
Stuff I noticed:
- Music works well when using AxNextFrame (which sounds choppy on vPM 3.6 homebrew). Maybe the codeset or path fixed it.
- Link doesn't have infinite multijab
EDIT: By the way, is this mod using the latest version of BrawlEx (2.0) or an earlier version?
Does Sammy Husky's BrawlEx Cloning tool work with this? -I tried it, but got the same result with Marth having Mario's stocks and crashing-
Did anyone got DIY working with 3.6 full properly? if so, could you share the files?
Thanks in advance! ;)
Post Merge: September 06, 2015, 01:15:44 AM
Bug report *Will update as I find stuff*
1- Crash when using clones after they enter the stage
2- Clones show Mario's stock icons
3- Link doesn't have infinite multijab
4- Sometimes some pokemons disappear/don't show up when using Pokemon Trainer (currently Mewtwo CSS slot)
5- All star special brawl mode doesn't work (Only Marios)
6- Some Samus costumes show the wrong stock icon http://i.imgur.com/TtY7Acq.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/TtY7Acq.jpg)
Pokemon will be hard to fix. they used codes to seperate them and expand them past the file size, none of wich are currently compatible with BeX nor is it possible to emulate them with the configs. you may be able to use the 3.02 DiY pokemon files for it. (the 4 config files and psa files)
Stock icons you will need to add for each character. i think its in the info.pac if i remember right.
Link is an easy fix i just havent gotten around to it yet. in the fighter config, set "has multi jab" to "true" there are other characters mising IC's as well (I.E. samus has crawl, mewtwo has multi jab, lucario has 2 jabs, etc) i just havent had time to work on it yet.
clones crashing at start, all star mode, and other errors seem to be stock icon related. adding files to the info.pac should fix it. i'm not 100% certain how to do this however as i don't think its been attemted to give stocks to clones. try adding clones with default cosmetics (I.E. clone marth, but keep marths default settings without changes) see if it still freezes. if not it verifies that it is indeed the stock icons.
Quote from: HyperL!nk on September 10, 2015, 06:49:45 AM
- Nice, I'll try the old pokemon config files
- I was using Marth's default BEx cosmetics ID, so I assumed it should have loaded them, but I'll try adding cosmetics manually for BeX characters to the info.pac and see if that makes any difference.
I've seen the "has multi jab" option, but that's only for clones AFAIK. Can we change that option for non-clones?
Anyway, nice work so far!
Yep ^^ you can pretty much edit any existing characters as freely as a clone. in the last beta Marth clones seemed to have an error that randomely caused crashing, maybe it still persists? i haven't had much time to work on it i've been pretty slammed with labor day weekend sales.
Hm, I didn't change anything with the cosmetic file (except for copying CosmeticMario.pac and renaming it) and I'm still getting errors.
Quote from: chrisall76 on September 11, 2015, 01:53:18 AM
Hm, I didn't change anything with the cosmetic file (except for copying CosmeticMario.pac and renaming it) and I'm still getting errors.
Can you be a little more specific? what kind of errors are you having?
Does this mod work with CBliss? 'Cause I'm trying to implement it in my build and everytime I press fight or go into practice it crashes before the character select screen. I have every CSP at 90 X 113 and the common5 file size is below the original that came with this pack, so I'm wondering if it works or not?
Quote from: Sirkura on September 12, 2015, 06:18:37 AM
Can you be a little more specific? what kind of errors are you having?
Quote from: chrisall76 on September 04, 2015, 05:06:34 AM
Hey, I tried this for 3.6 and I have a question.
The game seems to load the character fine and such, but as soon as the match starts (when he says 'GO!') it crashes. Any reason why this is happening? ( http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg (http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg) )
Thanks for any help!
Having this error and dunno what it means.
Quote from: Cyprus on September 13, 2015, 09:09:26 PM
Does this mod work with CBliss? 'Cause I'm trying to implement it in my build and everytime I press fight or go into practice it crashes before the character select screen. I have every CSP at 90 X 113 and the common5 file size is below the original that came with this pack, so I'm wondering if it works or not?
CBliss will not work with BeX. At all. It has never been compatible since BeX came out. that being said however, you CAN edit the fighter configs to give each character (and clones) 10 costumes. there is a post somewhere in programming tutorials on how to do it, as well as premade config files for it in the thread.
Quote from: chrisall76 on September 13, 2015, 11:48:59 PM
Having this error and dunno what it means.
[
That means one of the files isn't set up correctly. it could also be from the info.pac as PM added stock icons to all characters. a player without them would cause an instant crash.
I know, I did that exact tutorial by ShinF, followed everything correctly, but when I try to open the CSS in this template and it crashes.
hm, I'm confused then. Followed the video again and still having the error. Here's my process:
1. Download your GCT file and inject the CSS code ( http://hastebin.com/ozikuhekas.md (http://hastebin.com/ozikuhekas.md) ) into it using GCTEdit.
2. Create the BrawlEx folder in the pf folder, and fill it with the 4 needed folders.
3. I use the default 'module' folder from PM (I do put bx_fighter in this folder), and I use the default 'System' folder from PM but replacing 'common2.pac' with the one from BrawlEx.
4. Copy the 4 files needed (cosmetic/fighter/slot/CSS) into the needed folders (using Mario's files as a base), rename them.
5. Edit the 'fighter3F' file, name the fighter 'MarioEx', set Kirby to 'None', save the file.
6. Copy the module from BrawlEx for Mario, edit it to have the id of '0x91', edit section8 to have '0000003F' and save
7. Setup file stuff ( http://puu.sh/kauRn.png (http://puu.sh/kauRn.png) ).
8. Do the gekko and emulated SD card stuff, run boot.elf
Results in http://puu.sh/kavhw.jpg (http://puu.sh/kavhw.jpg) (one is Mario, the other is MarioEx).
Quote from: chrisall76 on September 14, 2015, 01:26:17 AM
hm, I'm confused then. Followed the video again and still having the error. Here's my process:
1. Download your GCT file and inject the CSS code ( http://hastebin.com/ozikuhekas.md (http://hastebin.com/ozikuhekas.md) ) into it using GCTEdit.
2. Create the BrawlEx folder in the pf folder, and fill it with the 4 needed folders.
3. I use the default 'module' folder from PM (I do put bx_fighter in this folder), and I use the default 'System' folder from PM but replacing 'common2.pac' with the one from BrawlEx.
4. Copy the 4 files needed (cosmetic/fighter/slot/CSS) into the needed folders (using Mario's files as a base), rename them.
5. Edit the 'fighter3F' file, name the fighter 'MarioEx', set Kirby to 'None', save the file.
6. Copy the module from BrawlEx for Mario, edit it to have the id of '0x91', edit section8 to have '0000003F' and save
7. Setup file stuff ( http://puu.sh/kauRn.png (http://puu.sh/kauRn.png) ).
8. Do the gekko and emulated SD card stuff, run boot.elf
Results in http://puu.sh/kavhw.jpg (http://puu.sh/kavhw.jpg) (one is Mario, the other is MarioEx).
My GCT should be fully ready. no CSS code needed use the Roster.dat file instead. see if that fixes it. you can find it in the BeX thread.
Using Roster.dat instead of the GCT merge stuff, still having issues. Seems to have found the problem though.
Tried to use another character to clone (Lucas) and noticing it's defaulting to Mario's icons ( http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg (http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg) ) so it probably is a problem with the character's files, but I have no idea what. I've redone this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoWad-wuqFs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoWad-wuqFs) ) tutorial at least 5 times, and I just tried this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QHtHbJL79M (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QHtHbJL79M) ) tutorial twice (although I had to do the method in the other video for the files since every download for the Clone Tool is broken).
its failing to read the stock icons. i'm honestly not sure how to set them up yet. i imagine its similar to adding portraits but you will need to add them to the info files. also avoid the clone tool like the plague >.> its very buggy and causes quite a few errors. i won't have time to work on this till wednesday, i'll be able to find a more soloid fix then hopefully.
Well its been a while, i finally have some free time to work on this a bit more. We have access to better tools as well! starting to patch the menues for a more stable download. i'll post the upload when i'm done.
Quote from: Sirkura on September 21, 2015, 07:23:13 AM
Well its been a while, i finally have some free time to work on this a bit more. We have access to better tools as well! starting to patch the menues for a more stable download. i'll post the upload when i'm done.
That's awesome! I also have more exciting news! I managed to fix the costume problem i had a while back. Turns out all i needed to do was use a clean build...derp. But if you still need it, i can start the costume cosmetics now. i even worked up a cssroster.dat that puts the characters in the correct order. I apologize that it took me sooooooo long. been so occupied.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on September 22, 2015, 06:56:34 PM
That's awesome! I also have more exciting news! I managed to fix the costume problem i had a while back. Turns out all i needed to do was use a clean build...derp. But if you still need it, i can start the costume cosmetics now. i even worked up a cssroster.dat that puts the characters in the correct order. I apologize that it took me sooooooo long. been so occupied.
np! thats great! if you could link the files when your done it eould be appreciated.
Quote from: Sirkura on September 23, 2015, 01:57:44 AM
np! thats great! if you could link the files when your done it eould be appreciated.
Gotcha! I'll start as soon as i can!
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on September 23, 2015, 02:19:50 AM
Gotcha! I'll start as soon as i can!
No rush ^^ thanks for helping <3 i'm pretty much swamped till next week. qq i only have 3 days off this month so havent had much time to do anything lately. so i really appreciate the help ^^
I've finished the costumes! Now all i need is the ic's ind i should be done. the only ones i know of are the link has rapid jab and samus has crawl, so if you find the rest, ilet me know, and i'll put in the rest!
edit: *Sigh* but jeez, the only glitch I'm experiencing is a freeze when the announcer says go at the beginning of a match when using a clone....
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on October 04, 2015, 09:44:19 PM
I've finished the costumes! Now all i need is the ic's ind i should be done. the only ones i know of are the link has rapid jab and samus has crawl, so if you find the rest, ilet me know, and i'll put in the rest!
edit: *Sigh* but jeez, the only glitch I'm experiencing is a freeze when the announcer says go at the beginning of a match when using a clone....
sweet, sounds great. hmm the clones i have a sneaking suspicions it has to do with the stock icons for how its freezing. try adding them to the info2.pac and anywhere else they appear. should be enough to copy the originals. you will have to make sure that you rename them correctly as well. can you send me the common folders and the BeX folder for me? i will ahve some more time to check up on things coming this wednesday. it would help me start things off a bit faster. the IC's are pretty basic. as long as nothing is freezing it should be ok. mewtwo needs multo jab btw. or he T_stances. hoping to update some new findings by wednesday.
Hey, I have a few questions. One, when will a stable version be out for 3.6? And two, what characters will be in the engine that you can add clones of? Like Kirby, or Lucas, Pit?
Quote from: Polar on October 14, 2015, 04:21:42 PM
Hey, I have a few questions. One, when will a stable version be out for 3.6? And two, what characters will be in the engine that you can add clones of? Like Kirby, or Lucas, Pit?
hard to say when the stable version will come out. if i can figure out the BP's then it should be pretty much good to go. as for characters, any listed inside the BeX thread should work.
Quote from: Sirkura on October 16, 2015, 07:02:45 AM
hard to say when the stable version will come out. if i can figure out the BP's then it should be pretty much good to go. as for characters, any listed inside the BeX thread should work.
Funny thing is that 3.02 is stable but still has Mewtwo with the Invisible Shadow Ball...
Can somebody here link me to that "clonable" list post in the thread? I can't seem to find it
its in the download. it gives you all the REL files for the BeX clones.
sadly 3.02 was a LONG time ago. and was only possible due to the fact someone leaked the codes. it takes a lot of time decrypting the codelist. i need to find out where each code starts and where each one ends. then i have to find out what codes do what, then finally i have to compare and contrast with the 3.02 codesto find out what codes needed to be removed. i can make this stable if i can remove the part of code that loads stocks on allstar mode. that part requires each character to have battle portrates set up. that is what is causing the crash at the beginning of the matches i'm about 99% sure of it. if you pay attention to when the crashes occur you will notice the clones BP's default to mario, even if you set them to use default cosmetics. i'm pretty stumped by it, and so far i havent been able to find the new allstar code.
this is an absolute long shot down the crapper but i suppose i could go to smash boards and see if i can find a nice PMBR member that would replace the code for me with the older one. but more then likely i'll be stuck figuring it out on my own. my experiences in the past have not been... pleasent.
Quote from: Sirkura on October 17, 2015, 07:08:40 AM
its in the download. it gives you all the REL files for the BeX clones.
sadly 3.02 was a LONG time ago. and was only possible due to the fact someone leaked the codes. it takes a lot of time decrypting the codelist. i need to find out where each code starts and where each one ends. then i have to find out what codes do what, then finally i have to compare and contrast with the 3.02 codesto find out what codes needed to be removed. i can make this stable if i can remove the part of code that loads stocks on allstar mode. that part requires each character to have battle portrates set up. that is what is causing the crash at the beginning of the matches i'm about 99% sure of it. if you pay attention to when the crashes occur you will notice the clones BP's default to mario, even if you set them to use default cosmetics. i'm pretty stumped by it, and so far i havent been able to find the new allstar code.
this is an absolute long shot down the crapper but i suppose i could go to smash boards and see if i can find a nice PMBR member that would replace the code for me with the older one. but more then likely i'll be stuck figuring it out on my own. my experiences in the past have not been... pleasent.
Ah, I knew that was it......everybody always keeps mentioning a "list" like if there was something posted up here somewhere and I didn't want to find out that certain characters can be cloned with a special means when I don't have that character's exmodule in the exmodule folder
I haven't scewed around with any thing that's not the stable version but I think your doing a great job from how things sound here.
Are you talking about All-Star mode? or All-Star VERSUS mode?
Quote from: Mister M on October 20, 2015, 04:35:02 AM
Ah, I knew that was it......everybody always keeps mentioning a "list" like if there was something posted up here somewhere and I didn't want to find out that certain characters can be cloned with a special means when I don't have that character's exmodule in the exmodule folder
I haven't scewed around with any thing that's not the stable version but I think your doing a great job from how things sound here.
Are you talking about All-Star mode? or All-Star VERSUS mode?
You may have just answered one of my questions. O.o i will try looking for the allstar modes offsets. its possible they took the coding from there. Anyway its the Allstar versus mode they added. in the most recent update they added a code that makes it show each stock as a different character. however BeX isn't compatible with cosmetic codes. so it doesn't know what to do with them and this happens:
http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg)
http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg (http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg)
http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg (http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg)
in all 3 pics you will notice the clones have mario's stock icons. by default BeX is set to default as mario if it runs into a problem. so i'm 99% sure its conflicting code. in short it is telling BeX to do something it doesn't know how to do.
Quote from: Sirkura on October 20, 2015, 07:15:23 PM
You may have just answered one of my questions. O.o i will try looking for the allstar modes offsets. its possible they took the coding from there. Anyway its the Allstar versus mode they added. in the most recent update they added a code that makes it show each stock as a different character. however BeX isn't compatible with cosmetic codes. so it doesn't know what to do with them and this happens:
http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg)
http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg (http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg)
http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg (http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg)
in all 3 pics you will notice the clones have mario's stock icons. by default BeX is set to default as mario if it runs into a problem. so i'm 99% sure its conflicting code. in short it is telling BeX to do something it doesn't know how to do.
Since you clarified with Allstar Versus................This video link and its comments may or may not be helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIAQ0qbeymY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIAQ0qbeymY)
Post Merge: October 21, 2015, 10:26:29 PM
I got another question...........Will there be wifi support for the next build? (With the Wiimfi stuff patched into DIY)
Edit: Actually I think it's possible to implement the Wiimfi stuff in the current stable but 2 things are that I don't know if the "wifi" folder files inside "DIY 3.02" are leftover from PM3.02 or are actually configured for DIY. The other thing would be that I wouldn't know how to put in the Wiimfi patch into the mod since I don't understand the gct stuff (which is where I think patch is included since the idea comes from a regular Wiimfi enabled PM3.02 mod that comes with a gct to replace over the regular wifi one for 3.02)
I'm uncertain of how wifi play would be, BeX says its not compatible. perhaps with the same characters and same PSAs in the same slots, it MIGHT work. but thats a lot of work to do. Also i already know those codes, but thank you ^^ i'm looking for the part that should thearetically be the next chunk after that code. that tells the game how to load stocks for allstar versus. i'm starting to wonder if it may be easier to rip out all the special modes and port them back to 3.5 xD since really not much changed but aesthetics and stages.
Woot! someone on smashboards offered to help us find the codes via USB gecko. i'll post updates as i can. setting up files for BeX now.
Is it alright if I ask how the project is going?
Its going. we have someone who thinks they can help is kill the freezing issue we are having. i just uploaded a patch file for him to speed up the process. currently clones show up and are configured correctly, but it seems like there is a conflict of cosmetic code revolving around the stock icons. i kinda guessed at this when 3.6 revealed Allstar mode now has diferentiating stocks between characters. however it seems a global change and not instanced to ASV alone. making it hard to pinpoint it. hoping to have another beta soon.
Well, I hope things go smoothly! I'm really excited to see how this turns out!
FINALLY ITS DONE!!!!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z)
Next beta. pokemon are still broke, replace them with another PSA for now. all clones have mario stock icons. so far thats the glitches i've found. my beta testers do your thing <3 i have files set up in a convienient patch this time.
Ohh and @Ghost Wolf i need the configs you made whne you get the chance <3 thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdaSBg4yNs&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdaSBg4yNs&feature=youtu.be)
Hi again! After the last DiY incident I figured I'd try this again, see if there were any bugs.
One thing I noticed is that damage percentages show up fine in Training mode, but are invisible in Versus.
Also, the stock icons that are loaded in a match seem to be the vBrawl ones, and not the actual character's stock icons. Dunno if that was intentional.
...Actually that's it, I thought I had more but the rest may be PSA/.rel related. Lmao
BUT! You did really good work here, Sirkura. Everything looks like it works pretty well, so I'll definitely be using this from here on out. Cheers!
Quote from: HypnotizeScourge on November 10, 2015, 06:29:47 PM
Hi again! After the last DiY incident I figured I'd try this again, see if there were any bugs.
One thing I noticed is that damage percentages show up fine in Training mode, but are invisible in Versus.
the stocks should be fixed relitively soon, i have someone working on it. the damage i think i derped xD i just have to find what file i messed up and fix it. it is interesting that it appears in training. glad its working for you ^^
Also, the stock icons that are loaded in a match seem to be the vBrawl ones, and not the actual character's stock icons. Dunno if that was intentional.
...Actually that's it, I thought I had more but the rest may be PSA/.rel related. Lmao
BUT! You did really good work here, Sirkura. Everything looks like it works pretty well, so I'll definitely be using this from here on out. Cheers!
Quote from: Sirkura on November 10, 2015, 08:00:18 AM
FINALLY ITS DONE!!!!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z)
Next beta. pokemon are still broke, replace them with another PSA for now. all clones have mario stock icons. so far thats the glitches i've found. my beta testers do your thing <3 i have files set up in a convienient patch this time.
Ohh and @Ghost Wolf i need the configs you made whne you get the chance <3 thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdaSBg4yNs&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdaSBg4yNs&feature=youtu.be)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/smios9cdrl2n649/AADv-1oD1lTT4yEg1pdN9Hkta?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/smios9cdrl2n649/AADv-1oD1lTT4yEg1pdN9Hkta?dl=0)
there you go! just download the entire thing as a folder and even replace the cssroster. i edited it to have the same layout as PM. I also added the mewtwo and roy spots as randoms till there are no glitches with them and are playable but you may do what you can with them. I also didnt include cosmetics for Mewtwo or Roy(hince why they are randoms.) for the same reason mentioned beforehand. when they are glitchless, let me know, and i'll do their cosmetics!
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on November 11, 2015, 04:43:05 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/smios9cdrl2n649/AADv-1oD1lTT4yEg1pdN9Hkta?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/smios9cdrl2n649/AADv-1oD1lTT4yEg1pdN9Hkta?dl=0)
there you go! just download the entire thing as a folder and even replace the cssroster. i edited it to have the same layout as PM. I also added the mewtwo and roy spots as randoms till there are no glitches with them and are playable but you may do what you can with them. I also didnt include cosmetics for Mewtwo or Roy(hince why they are randoms.) for the same reason mentioned beforehand. when they are glitchless, let me know, and i'll do their cosmetics!
mewtwo and roy are 100% working. we fixed the BeX engine last night so all clones work now. even pokemon will be fixed soon along with stock icons. and thanks it means a lot that you took time to do this <3
Quote from: Sirkura on November 11, 2015, 07:06:43 AM
mewtwo and roy are 100% working. we fixed the BeX engine last night so all clones work now. even pokemon will be fixed soon along with stock icons. and thanks it means a lot that you took time to do this <3
Wow! i'm very impressed roy and mewtwo function correctly now!(not mensioning the shadow ball glitch of course, because to me its a minor glitch.) These's are the glitches i've encounted so far....
- For me zelda freezes for some reason...
- input assist and auto l cancel don't work
- stage slection is screwed up, but this is an easy fix.(i think)
-menu and title arent showing, but like said before its an easy fix. just a matter of switching files around.
- This next on kinda makes me concerned. the Hard hit sfx doesn't play on certain moves(smahes, some aerial moves,ect.) ex: foxes bair, and all his smashes..ect) the sound thats supposed to play upon a hitbox conecting doesn't play. the wind from heavy knockback doesn't play either. i went to the sound test and the sfx is still there, so i dont know whats going on here. what makes this strange is that the heavy hit sfx plays on zss' down air.
- link freezes when others are hit by his boomerang.
- freezes randomly though it could be on my end
this is all i know of so far. if i notice anything, i'll let you know. awesome job so far! i'll do roy and mewtwo's cosmetics when i can.
I'll investigate. also pokemon fixed!
Quote from: Sirkura on November 12, 2015, 05:44:40 AM
I'll investigate. also pokemon fixed!
Gotcha! i'll await what you find. i'm super stoked Roy finally works! are the ccosmetics working ok? anything im missing besides roy and mewtwo?
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on November 12, 2015, 09:59:33 PM
Gotcha! i'll await what you find. i'm super stoked Roy finally works! are the ccosmetics working ok? anything im missing besides roy and mewtwo?
honestly i haven't had much time to test it myself but i do plan on doing so soon, been attempting to get the asl code to work with it. i did find link freezes, i think i know why tho. in PM link has codes for control on his boomerang. its possible that's whats causing the freeze. might be PSA related if BeX is overwriting those. the SSS is simply becasue i removed the ASL code. good chance it causes freezes currently. i'm updating a newer patch to address some things. auto L cancel and imput assist mayt be broken do to the fact i think this is the wifi build. the menu was a derp xD just copy menu2>mumenumain.pac and >menu2>sc_title to pfmenu2 on the next folder up. idk what the deal is for sfx yet.
Post Merge: November 13, 2015, 06:30:03 AM
ohh and ghost here is a GCT with all the IC constants decrypted forgot to give it to you:
Link has a Rapid Jab
04B0B2B8 00000001
Samus Has a Crawl
04B0B304 00000001
Lucas has 2 Jabs
04B0B634 00000002
Lucario has no Wallcling
04B0B9A0 00000000
Lucas has 2 jabs??
04B0B7F4 00000002
Pit cannot glide from jumps
04B0B760 00000000
Zard Has 1 Jab
04B0B89C 00000001
Post Merge: November 13, 2015, 08:34:11 AM
Finished a bug fix patch, pokemon work now, cosmetics work, title and versus menu now show up properly + various tweaks to the GCT to make it more stable.
bugs: Mewtwo's shadowball is invisible, Links Boomerang crashes the game. SSS is broken, (ASL is incompatible with BeX, working on a fix)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z)
Quote from: Sirkura on November 13, 2015, 04:59:59 AM
honestly i haven't had much time to test it myself but i do plan on doing so soon, been attempting to get the asl code to work with it. i did find link freezes, i think i know why tho. in PM link has codes for control on his boomerang. its possible that's whats causing the freeze. might be PSA related if BeX is overwriting those. the SSS is simply becasue i removed the ASL code. good chance it causes freezes currently. i'm updating a newer patch to address some things. auto L cancel and imput assist mayt be broken do to the fact i think this is the wifi build. the menu was a derp xD just copy menu2>mumenumain.pac and >menu2>sc_title to pfmenu2 on the next folder up. idk what the deal is for sfx yet.
Post Merge: November 13, 2015, 06:30:03 AM
ohh and ghost here is a GCT with all the IC constants decrypted forgot to give it to you:
Link has a Rapid Jab
04B0B2B8 00000001
Samus Has a Crawl
04B0B304 00000001
Lucas has 2 Jabs
04B0B634 00000002
Lucario has no Wallcling
04B0B9A0 00000000
Lucas has 2 jabs??
04B0B7F4 00000002
Pit cannot glide from jumps
04B0B760 00000000
Zard Has 1 Jab
04B0B89C 00000001
Post Merge: November 13, 2015, 08:34:11 AM
Finished a bug fix patch, pokemon work now, cosmetics work, title and versus menu now show up properly + various tweaks to the GCT to make it more stable.
bugs: Mewtwo's shadowball is invisible, Links Boomerang crashes the game. SSS is broken, (ASL is incompatible with BeX, working on a fix)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z)
awesome! i'll try the Bug fixes later. And thanks for the ic list! will work on that later on today. i will also try to do roy and mewtwo's cosmetics as well. I found something else while playing the previous patch. sometimes the stamina modes(or anything else in the special brawl for that matter) won't work upon starting the game, and sometimes they do. Once i started the game and special modes wern't functional, then i restarted twice and they were functional each time. then i had restarted again and it wasn't functional again. it goes back and forth kinda. But im thinking in this patch, it should be fixed. Also, on a side note, I you get ASL to work on Brawl EX, that would be legendary! It will unlock the doors to an ultimate PM experience!
Also Sirkura, I love your character! She's acually quite interesting! And me being a heavy ZSS player, i'll enjoy using her, as now i can use a character with the same moveset as ZSS and my Cousin won't get upset! (He hates ZSS so much lol)
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on November 13, 2015, 05:31:24 PM
awesome! i'll try the Bug fixes later. And thanks for the ic list! will work on that later on today. i will also try to do roy and mewtwo's cosmetics as well. I found something else while playing the previous patch. sometimes the stamina modes(or anything else in the special brawl for that matter) won't work upon starting the game, and sometimes they do. Once i started the game and special modes wern't functional, then i restarted twice and they were functional each time. then i had restarted again and it wasn't functional again. it goes back and forth kinda. But im thinking in this patch, it should be fixed. Also, on a side note, I you get ASL to work on Brawl EX, that would be legendary! It will unlock the doors to an ultimate PM experience!
Also Sirkura, I love your character! She's acually quite interesting! And me being a heavy ZSS player, i'll enjoy using her, as now i can use a character with the same moveset as ZSS and my Cousin won't get upset! (He hates ZSS so much lol)
haha she's a hybrid of PM's ZSS with a few very small tweaks. i have an entire PSA plannned for her for my own project, tho i'd have to find people willing to help with it first. i'll investigate the special modes. also i think ASL will be fixed in the next few days, i think we can fix it by mapping it to a new memory address so it won't conflict with BEX. i've been working with the ProjectM Xp team on expanding the game as much as possible. once we get things finished there i'm hoping i can share the findings we have made with the community to further expand brawl.
Just tested the latest patch and its excellent work guys, every clone I've thrown in seems to work just fine and the mods been consistent with every startup (Dolphin). Here are the few bugs Ive run into though
- In any vs match the damage counter is invisible (BP Icons, Stock, and Name still appear as the HUD)
- All in battle names for BrawlEx characters appear as crazy hand, all other cosmetics for them appear fine.
- In Stamina mode when a character's HP drops to zero they no longer re-spawn, they just lay fainted until you knock them off screen. Not a big deal with local players but against a CPU if you happen to die first on stage the CPU no longer responds, leaving the match at a stand still.
thats... odd. i didn't touch stamina. hmm i'l investigate that too. thanks.
Do you have any tutorials on how to replace a character model like you did? Not replacing with a PSA or anything, but trying to replace a character with a model I got out of Tatsunoko VS. Capcom (followed this tutorial, but did Ryu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePnCJ1hRlk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePnCJ1hRlk) ). I assume I'll have to edit the model (has multiple hands and multiple layers for the character that where probably used for shading and not needed) and rig it a specific way. I use Blender, but I'm open to 3DS Max since it looks like it's what used for this process.
i recommend checking here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=49.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=49.0)
there are lots of tutorials there on how to do it.
hmmmm i've tried the new patch and it resolves some of the issues, like the special modes not working sometimes, but these are the ones still intact...
-Zelda still freezes
-Hit SFX still wont play in some moves, like before.
- still having some random freezes
- Percent wont show(I know why this is happening)
if i find more, I'll inform you. Great job so far!
whats wrong with the percent? i've been looking for that. hmm zelda
works fine for me and i havent had any freezes other then link and tink. and ASL stages. hmm i don't know why sound effects arent playing :/
Well the percent won't show because if how project m had the input assist and auto l cancel coded. On pm, the both are shut off. But they reversed the default toggles. When input assist is off, damage percent is off, and they have both set to off by default. That's why if you set input assist on, the percent shows. The game must have been coded to ALWAYS show percent, in order to replace per cent toggling with input assist. Since input assist is not functioning at all, the input assist toggle now toggles percent again, which is set to off by default, which is why it doesn't show.
I can also confirm that switching input assist on restores the damage counter, this also seems to fix stamina mode's no re-spawn issue.
that is very interesting. i'll look into it. thats beyond weird. thanks for reporting it.
Does this new update include a fix for the custom Character Select Screen Portraits and Name?
My character was imported fine, but on the select screen it simply shows a black box, with a grey box.
(Black Box being where the character portrait is supposed to be)
(Grey Box being where the name above the character is supposed to be)
Warm regards,
Jay Unwyz
Quote from: JayUnwyz on November 16, 2015, 04:02:56 AM
Does this new update include a fix for the custom Character Select Screen Portraits and Name?
My character was imported fine, but on the select screen it simply shows a black box, with a grey box.
(Black Box being where the character portrait is supposed to be)
(Grey Box being where the name above the character is supposed to be)
Warm regards,
Jay Unwyz
that sounds like your cosmetics are the wrong size. try comparing them to the original characters.
here's another glitch that's kinda been bothering me. I'm noticing that you can't use the running upsmash Like you could before. Normally, you could use up smash while in a running animation, even in the last few patches. but Now, if you try it, it just does a dash attack.
i could never get that to work with PM. even in vanilla. i know thats a brawl machanic, so it shouldn't be an issue with code. i'll see what i can do.
I have both "maybe" good news and bad news. I'm gonna start with the bad news first. The bad news is I found some more glitches. I've noticed captain falcon and ganondorf freeze the game if they use their side b in the air.
The maybe good news is that I can shed a little light on the running upsmash issue."maybe". I've noticed that you can still do the running up smash. You just can't use the c stick to do it like you could before. So the problem lies there. Hope that helps a little.
passed it on to the devs. ^^
That's cool. Hope to get some info soon.
Post Merge: November 23, 2015, 02:21:29 AM
i'm gonna list ALL of the glitches i found for safe reference, and so all can be in one place for viewing.
-Sometimes the special brawl modes will deactivate temporarily upon exiting special brawl after a few matches. they will then have to be toggled again.
-hit sfx wont play on heavier attacks. Grab sfx also won't play.
-A couple random freeezes, but could be character related.
-Percent won't show by default.
-Auto L cancel/input assist is nonfunctional.
-can't use c-stick for running upsmash
-Pokemon have no FS
-Ivysaurs grab pummel freezes the game.
-Captain Falcon/Ganon's Side B freezes
-Zelda Freezes( For me at least...and she worked fine before, and sheik is fully functional.)
-Link/toonlink boomerang freezes the game.
-Olimar Up B freezes
-Mr. Game And Watch neutral B freezes the game
This is all of the Glitches found so far. I'll Update if anymore is found. I really hope this helps!
I'm getting a weird bug with the stage select screen... The second page is REALLY buggy and then it goes to custom? Then it goes back to normal... I think it has to do with the codes preventing custom stages, and whatever moves the stages around on the menu.
EDIT: Oh, and this is the beta patch by the way.
EDIT 2: Oh, also, I'm on dolphin, that might be the problem. I'll see if it's buggy on console.
EDIT 3: I tried it on console and it's even more screwed up... I don't know what's going on...
EDIT 4: Just to be sure, this IS for project M 3.6, right? because that's what I've been using with it... that might be the problem...
Quote from: Γ on November 24, 2015, 03:01:06 PM
I'm getting a weird bug with the stage select screen... The second page is REALLY buggy and then it goes to custom? Then it goes back to normal... I think it has to do with the codes preventing custom stages, and whatever moves the stages around on the menu.
EDIT: Oh, and this is the beta patch by the way.
EDIT 2: Oh, also, I'm on dolphin, that might be the problem. I'll see if it's buggy on console.
EDIT 3: I tried it on console and it's even more screwed up... I don't know what's going on...
EDIT 4: Just to be sure, this IS for project M 3.6, right? because that's what I've been using with it... that might be the problem...
Quote from: Sirkura on November 13, 2015, 04:59:59 AM
bugs: Mewtwo's shadowball is invisible, Links Boomerang crashes the game. SSS is broken, (ASL is incompatible with BeX, working on a fix)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/download/0aazt83nxr3m6ou/PM_DiY.7z)
PM uses a stage expansion that is incompatible with BeX, i won't get into the technical jargon of it, but we hope to have it resolved soon. the coding in BeX is a bit hard to read, once we find where that is pointing in code we can see what is conflicting and fix it.
Well right now it's unplayable. Not just the second page but the first one crashes when you move the cursor and the stages are in crazy different places, at least on console (for me)
thats wird, the stages should work for the most part as long as its not an expansion stage. hmm try this, try replacing the sel_selmap.pac with the one from the wifi build in PM. see if that fixes the stages. at least slightly. then at least the normal stages should show up. let me know how that works out. its kinda an on the spot fix i came up with.
What do you mean by "wifi build"? I used the hackless P:M as a base, so do you mean the homebrew P:M?
EDIT: I found a file in the launcher folder called "wifi.7Z". Is this it? There isn't a sc_selmap in it though, just sc_selcharacter, sc_selcharacter 2, mu_menumain, and RSBE01. And an info.xml but I don't think that's important.
you know what your right, my bad. the ASL is included in the wifi build too. you can use a vBrawl stage selection as well. it won't be pretty but it should work fine.
Good news! we have finally got ASL + BeX working thanks to PL! he's been a massive help. the rest of the freezes we've deturmined are probably module (rel file related) and working on fixing those. i'm working close with the ProjectM XP team. expect another patch soon.
Awesome!!!!! I will be awaiting the next patch. When the patch releases i should be able to do roy and mewtwo's cosmetics done. I got a new laptop to days ago! So now i'll be able to work alot more efficiently.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on November 30, 2015, 12:37:05 AM
Awesome!!!!! I will be awaiting the next patch. When the patch releases i should be able to do roy and mewtwo's cosmetics done. I got a new laptop to days ago! So now i'll be able to work alot more efficiently.
woot! sounds good. seems there are still many glitches with ASL only 1 alt is loading per stage. might be able to make that work for PM alone but my biggest goal has always been expanding brawl as much as i can, the team i'm working with lately has similar ideals. i've been working on my own mod during the down time i've been waiting for developement, may post a few extra goodies while we wait.
Uh, hey. I'm new here and I have a question regarding adding new characters to the mod PM:Unlimited. I want to start small by adding a separate character slot for Ridley. I want to add the Ridley mod by BaganSmashbros to the PM:Unlimited roster without replacing any characters. Is Project M D.I.Y. capable of doing this and if so, how do I do it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Quote from: thecoolguy27 on November 30, 2015, 07:49:52 AM
Uh, hey. I'm new here and I have a question regarding adding new characters to the mod PM:Unlimited. I want to start small by adding a separate character slot for Ridley. I want to add the Ridley mod by BaganSmashbros to the PM:Unlimited roster without replacing any characters. Is Project M D.I.Y. capable of doing this and if so, how do I do it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Well if you can't add a character to PM:Unlimited via brawlEx, then you would need to replace a character. D.I.Y is somewhat of a build of it's own, but it serves as a template to make your own personal build for PM with BrawlEX capabilities. If you want to have ridley as a custom character, Then D.I.Y is the way to go.
Oh and just in case every one hasn't heard about the case of PM, the team has disbanded, so no longer will there be updates, which is sad and surprising, but that also means that there will be no changes and we don't have to go through the long process of Finding and extracting codes. Also a present we've gotten from the PM devs themselves.(I'm hoping...)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt (http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt)
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on December 02, 2015, 10:02:52 PM
Well if you can't add a character to PM:Unlimited via brawlEx, then you would need to replace a character. D.I.Y is somewhat of a build of it's own, but it serves as a template to make your own personal build for PM with BrawlEX capabilities. If you want to have ridley as a custom character, Then D.I.Y is the way to go.
Oh and just in case every one hasn't heard about the case of PM, the team has disbanded, so no longer will there be updates, which is sad and surprising, but that also means that there will be no changes and we don't have to go through the long process of Finding and extracting codes. Also a present we've gotten from the PM devs themselves.(I'm hoping...)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt (http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt)
yep i got that thanks ^^ i'm thinking of making a community project after this is done. focused on expanding and making as much of brawl as accesible to moddign as possible.
R.I.P. Project M :( But on the bright side, we don't need to worry about deciphering codes or new updates to upgrade DIY to anymore...
And I'm guessing the thing you god working was the stages? Awesome! When will the patch be out (with the stages working)?
We are still tinkering with it. there are a few bugs in the stages still. i believe the last patch removed the ASL if i'm not mistaken, if you delete the sc_selmap.pac it might work. should give you vbrawls map screen. at least that till its fully fixed.
I also fixed the glitch where the sound wasn't working on hard hits. i realized some of the codes were missing so i added them on. the character freezing glitches remain. I also fixed luigi's fire glitch. when luigi hits some one with side special, the person being hit is supposed to be engulfed in a green fire. this wasn't present but i managed to fix it. I also added input assist and auto l cancel back. i even added some of the other missing codes, such as hold L to scroll through names faster. I have a huge feeling that the running upsmash code is there. i must investigate once more.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on December 03, 2015, 10:30:16 PM
I also fixed the glitch where the sound wasn't working on hard hits. i realized some of the codes were missing so i added them on. the character freezing glitches remain. I also fixed luigi's fire glitch. when luigi hits some one with side special, the person being hit is supposed to be engulfed in a green fire. this wasn't present but i managed to fix it. I also added input assist and auto l cancel back. i even added some of the other missing codes, such as hold L to scroll through names faster. I have a huge feeling that the running upsmash code is there. i must investigate once more.
its really strange that codes are missing. REALLY strange. i didn't remove much and i know what codes i removed. airdodge v7, project M folder codes and masquerade. others should still be there.
Yea that sounds strange, but don't worry bout it. I'll take care of it! When I find all the issues in coding, ill add it to the new patch when you release it and I'll post the gct.
fyi you guys, you don't even have to remove that many codes. I'm in the process of fixing all of the EXModules, so you'll only need to remove a few codes. This may also fix the ASL issues
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 11, 2015, 08:40:38 PM
fyi you guys, you don't even have to remove that many codes. I'm in the process of fixing all of the EXModules, so you'll only need to remove a few codes. This may also fix the ASL issues
There will be a few things that do need to be edited codewise. the PM FPC will need to be edited to find the bc_fighter.rel and config files if you want to continue to use the PM folder. most the codes i just replaced with the BeX ones. only codese i actually removed were CSS related and masquerade. (BeX should overwrite the latter tho) I think BB derped as well. There are codes missing I know for a fact I never touched. i have no clue how they vanished. its like the last codes were just cut off when making the GCT.
I think i'm gonna add a dropbox to make changes quickly to the the patch. if you give me a gmail address i can give you access if you feel like updating something. pm it to me.
Here's a quick little video for anyone still following this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDoV9KWz1-4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDoV9KWz1-4)
Sweet! You figured out the stock icons and ASL. What exactly did you change?
Quote from: Sirkura on December 13, 2015, 11:24:00 PM
Sweet! You figured out the stock icons and ASL. What exactly did you change?
I don't know why ASL didn't work for anyone before. I guess it might have just been the EXModule issue tbh. As for the stock icons, I had to rewrite the code lol... it was a bit of a pain, but it looks great, so it was worth it!
Last question, did you just use mewtwos PM cosmetics? or make your own? BeX has a known issue with the stocks not changing. or perhaps the new code overwrites that segment? hmm interesting. also i'm curious, how are you changing the ex modules exactly?
Amazing work guys, been following this for a while and cant wait to start a custom PM build without running into major glitches ;D
Quote from: Sirkura on December 14, 2015, 03:38:59 AM
Last question, did you just use mewtwos PM cosmetics? or make your own? BeX has a known issue with the stocks not changing. or perhaps the new code overwrites that segment? hmm interesting. also i'm curious, how are you changing the ex modules exactly?
Yep, I used both Roy and Mewtwo's Cosmetic IDs from PM. One thing I haven't had time to test out yet is All-Star VS, but if it doesn't work I can fix it up easily. As for the EXModules, I have to rewrite some assembly code relating to variable access and instance memory allocation in each one. Currently I only have the transforming characters left to fix, since they have weird nuances in those departments. In doing this, I ended up fixing the glitches that you reported involving Ganon's side-b grab, Link's boomerang, etc.
sweet! I know PM heavily modified rel data, so it makes since. i appreciate all the help youve given me.
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 14, 2015, 03:30:25 PM
Yep, I used both Roy and Mewtwo's Cosmetic IDs from PM. One thing I haven't had time to test out yet is All-Star VS, but if it doesn't work I can fix it up easily. As for the EXModules, I have to rewrite some assembly code relating to variable access and instance memory allocation in each one. Currently I only have the transforming characters left to fix, since they have weird nuances in those departments. In doing this, I ended up fixing the glitches that you reported involving Ganon's side-b grab, Link's boomerang, etc.
wow, your good! i don't even know what to really do anymore. i guess i'll continue looking for some glitches. i hate being useless at any given time lol. So about ASL now, is it able to work with more than one ASL stage now?
Well, All-Star VS. works! I didn't have to modify anything, it seems.
Quote from: Sirkura on December 14, 2015, 07:51:11 PM
sweet! I know PM heavily modified rel data, so it makes since. i appreciate all the help youve given me.
Yep, I'm surprised I hadn't realized that this was an issue until now lol. Yeah, no problem. My super-secret ulterior motive in all of this is to keep people from asking me how to use the PM clone engine lol.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on December 14, 2015, 09:46:02 PM
wow, your good! i don't even know what to really do anymore. i guess i'll continue looking for some glitches. i hate being useless at any given time lol. So about ASL now, is it able to work with more than one ASL stage now?
It always did for me after I patched it... I have no idea why it didn't work for anyone else. Maybe I accidentally included a typo when I was formatting it for release.
Awesome! Now I'm kinda pumped! I'm not trying to be a bother or anything, But when shall we expect a release? No rush, just asking. And also, are the previously missing codes also present? Like for example, you can't meteor cancel(At least i never did. I'd have to test it more.), i remember having to add input assist and auto L cancel, and a couple others.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on December 15, 2015, 04:14:22 AM
Awesome! Now I'm kinda pumped! I'm not trying to be a bother or anything, But when shall we expect a release? No rush, just asking. And also, are the previously missing codes also present? Like for example, you can't meteor cancel(At least i never did. I'd have to test it more.), i remember having to add input assist and auto L cancel, and a couple others.
Hmm... I'll have to test out the meteor cancel code, but I think that the only codes removed are Masquerade, all of the cosmetic codes, the Custom CSS code, and a couple others that I don't remember offhand. I think that everything else should work, but this is why releases take a little while haha - I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I'd like for everything to work perfectly.
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 15, 2015, 01:01:54 AM
My super-secret ulterior motive in all of this is to keep people from asking me how to use the PM clone engine lol.
XD god i dabbled in that xD BeX is so much easier to use, and doesn't have as many limitations. its not particularly hard to add a clone with PM's engine, its just really tedious. also are they still limited to 50 slots? or did PM ever bypass that? anyway, BeX is better in my opinion. more simplified and dynamic. so much easier to tweak without hard coding anything in. it allows you to add things on the fly.
Quote from: Sirkura on December 15, 2015, 09:27:17 AM
XD god i dabbled in that xD BeX is so much easier to use, and doesn't have as many limitations. its not particularly hard to add a clone with PM's engine, its just really tedious. also are they still limited to 50 slots? or did PM ever bypass that? anyway, BeX is better in my opinion. more simplified and dynamic. so much easier to tweak without hard coding anything in. it allows you to add things on the fly.
Now that I've used BrawlEX, I don't know if I'd ever want to go back lol. The big issue with PM's clone engine is the memory allocation issue, which, if left uncorrected, does some weird stuff to a person's game. I figured out a way to add 5 more slots, but it's not particularly worth it now that BrawlEX works as well as it does.
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 15, 2015, 03:08:35 PM
Now that I've used BrawlEX, I don't know if I'd ever want to go back lol. The big issue with PM's clone engine is the memory allocation issue, which, if left uncorrected, does some weird stuff to a person's game. I figured out a way to add 5 more slots, but it's not particularly worth it now that BrawlEX works as well as it does.
Right. I've never really seen the overall reason to continue using it when they could have switched to the Clone engine. Well.... i since BEX conflicted with their coding, they would have to do some editing to their codes and rework their ASL, which itself sounds painfull and tedious, but it would also save them unnecessary coding as well. But the PM Clone Engine did come before brawl Ex, and i'd hate to Have to go through all that coding trouble.
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 15, 2015, 03:08:35 PM
Now that I've used BrawlEX, I don't know if I'd ever want to go back lol. The big issue with PM's clone engine is the memory allocation issue, which, if left uncorrected, does some weird stuff to a person's game. I figured out a way to add 5 more slots, but it's not particularly worth it now that BrawlEX works as well as it does.
so they are still limited then. BeX had the same limitations in v1, i beleve it expands in one of the fighter resource memories now if i'm not mistaken, it was also limited by the CSS code. wich only supported up to 50 entries. the roster file is a lot simpler to use too. tho it can cause flickering if the CSS isn't spaced well. from what i remember its an easy fix tho. i am just lazy with my own project to do it. pretty sure pm's is already spaced. i've never had that issue. once this is complete i think i'll restart Myth.
Quote from: Sirkura on December 16, 2015, 05:54:19 AM
so they are still limited then. BeX had the same limitations in v1, i beleve it expands in one of the fighter resource memories now if i'm not mistaken, it was also limited by the CSS code. wich only supported up to 50 entries. the roster file is a lot simpler to use too. tho it can cause flickering if the CSS isn't spaced well. from what i remember its an easy fix tho. i am just lazy with my own project to do it. pretty sure pm's is already spaced. i've never had that issue. once this is complete i think i'll restart Myth.
speaking of BeX tools, would you mind sending me a link to the clone tool (with all the templates) you're using? I think mine is from V1, and the properties window doesn't work.
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 16, 2015, 03:19:54 PM
speaking of BeX tools, would you mind sending me a link to the clone tool (with all the templates) you're using? I think mine is from V1, and the properties window doesn't work.
actually its best to steer completely clear from the clone tool, its extrememly buggy and was never updated to support v2 modules and configs. you could use it for some basic things i suppose like renaming. but its not been updated since v1 of BeX. you can find all the config templates in the BeX downloads. only tools you really need are the module editor and the config editor, both on the BeX download page.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
I've been wondering on some progress with you guys, are you working on getting ASL, BrawlEx 2.0 and Project M 3.6b to be compatible with each other? Or is it even possible? I'm not too educated on how all of them work coding wise, but I'm sure it's pretty hard, isn't it?
Side note: Keep up the good work! I've been lurking with you guys and you're doing great so far!
Correct ^^ this will be a template for you to add your own stages, characters, and costumes to PM. we are still working actively on it. tho i kinda hit the limit of my coding knowledge. PL is fleshing out the last of the bugs for me. he's gotten BeX to work with ASL and is currently editing the brawl EX modules to be compatible to port freely. should be about ready once those are finished.
the last bit is the issue of Kirby hats, which might take a little while to be honest. Hopefully I'll have an epiphany soon haha
I think this project is going well by the looks of it and how much do you think is finished? 75% 85% 90%? Should we be expecting a release anytime soon?
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 22, 2015, 05:01:34 PM
the last bit is the issue of Kirby hats, which might take a little while to be honest. Hopefully I'll have an epiphany soon haha
whats wrong with kirby hats? are characters freezing on copy? if so there is a way to fix that with the config files. i've run into it a few times.
Due to the fact that all the source code was released, would it be easy to get this fully working with 3.6 or even the leaked builds?
Easier yes, but still have some bugs. its highly unstable atm and freezes often. PM uses not only hard code to make their psa's work but also a modified rel file BeX is not compatible with. and there si the issue BeX and the alternate stage loader use the same memory and can't be used at the same time. Pyro is working on that as we speak. As soon as its ready i'll release DiY, we just need to get it stable.
Can you release a version without the ASL but with brawlex instead for now?
I've had to rewrite a good amount of code to get this all to work. As of right now, ASL+BeX+PM all work perfectly (Stock icons and Roy and Mewtwo's Kirby hats work perfectly too), except for a tiny bug which is annoying the heck out of me lol. Whenever you open the tag choice window or the cpu level selector on the CSS, the little window closes immediately. I personally hate it, so I'm trying to fix it before we set this up for release.
Oh my lordy, this mod is coming back. that's amazing.
Now i can make my true build. Hopefully you can release it soon
(although i wouldn't mind having it now, i don't use the tags, except like rarily.)
But i've been patient thus far, so i can wait a bit more.
well, I fixed the Kirby - Poketrainer glitches, and I identified the source of the tag glitch; it's from one of my own ASM patches to make ASL work lol. I'll have to rewrite that one little patch, but it's really close, it seems.
Sweet! so a release by monday/sunday? because i'm going to have to redo my build, which isn't a problem. Also, when adding a moveset, do i use Brawl's Variables, or PMs?
Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 02, 2016, 11:13:05 PM
Sweet! so a release by monday/sunday? because i'm going to have to redo my build, which isn't a problem. Also, when adding a moveset, do i use Brawl's Variables, or PMs?
PM's, probably. I don't want to rush this, because I thought it was completely bug-free two weeks ago. Boy was I wrong lol
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 03, 2016, 01:12:12 AM
PM's, probably. I don't want to rush this, because I thought it was completely bug-free two weeks ago. Boy was I wrong lol
Ah, so each character requires a rewrite, that's good to know.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 03, 2016, 01:24:50 AM
Ah, so each character requires a rewrite, that's good to know.
You'll probably have to do it on a character-by-character basis, because I've used vBrawl PSAs in Project M without issues before.
Hi, so I read this over and it might be something that I could use to teach myself how to work BrawlEx! So thanks! I needed a template that could help me as when I tried to set it up myself, it did not work.
So to set this up, I need to take the pf file in the DIY folder, and move that to my PF on my SD Card?
And then I can customize it?
And any hack on here could be made compatible with this pm edit?
Post Merge: January 04, 2016, 05:14:49 PM
Hi, so I read this over and it might be something that I could use to teach myself how to work BrawlEx! So thanks! I needed a template that could help me as when I tried to set it up myself, it did not work.
So to set this up, I need to take the pf file in the DIY folder, and move that to my PF on my SD Card?
And then I can customize it?
And any hack on here could be made compatible with this pm edit?
It's been quite a while. How's the progress going so far?
I'm setting everything up for a clean release soon - I've been busy with 64 mode lol
AAAllrriiiggghhhtttt, i guess its time to clean out my SD card, and get ready for a new build.
Also, will the Final Smash after doing so much damage code be able to work?
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 10, 2016, 12:47:02 AM
I'm setting everything up for a clean release soon - I've been busy with 64 mode lol
Np, ^^ take your time.once its ready i'll set it up in an easy to use patch like before.
Quote from: zoroarkrules25 on January 04, 2016, 05:12:44 PM
Hi, so I read this over and it might be something that I could use to teach myself how to work BrawlEx! So thanks! I needed a template that could help me as when I tried to set it up myself, it did not work.
So to set this up, I need to take the pf file in the DIY folder, and move that to my PF on my SD Card?
And then I can customize it?
And any hack on here could be made compatible with this pm edit?
Yes and no. some PSA files arent compatible with PM. pm uses different variables on some characters so if those arent set from default brawl ones the game will crash. also if there are special dodging mechanics added to a certain character they may behave oddly (sometimes freeze)
Setting it up is pretty simple. i have a folder set up to download premade with the changes. first on your sd card make a string of folders in this order:
SD/private/wii/app/rsbe/
then go to this folder
SD/ProjectM/PF/
copy the PF folder and drop it inside the rsbe one.
so you should have: SD/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/
than just drop the folders in the download to the root of the SD so they merge with the files you just made.
Post Merge: January 10, 2016, 10:56:26 PM
oh my, so i looked at my gdrive and fould most my files got deleted somehow. reuploading and i'll update the links. in the OP
This is really sweet. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something that I have to modify myself, but all the BrawlEX characters can't L Cancel, or have a really small L Cancel window. If I boot up regular Project M and play Mewtwo and Roy, I can SHFFL with ease. But when I launch Project M DIY with Mewtwo and Roy, it's really hard to SHFFL.
Is there anyway to fix this? My friends and I can't stand BrawlEX characters since we can't L Cancel with them.
Thanks.
Quote from: JrFilipino on January 11, 2016, 01:39:04 AM
This is really sweet. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something that I have to modify myself, but all the BrawlEX characters can't L Cancel, or have a really small L Cancel window. If I boot up regular Project M and play Mewtwo and Roy, I can SHFFL with ease. But when I launch Project M DIY with Mewtwo and Roy, it's really hard to SHFFL.
Is there anyway to fix this? My friends and I can't stand BrawlEX characters since we can't L Cancel with them.
Thanks.
Well, the data for L-Canceling is controlled in the module files for the characters. You would have to make edits to the Brawl-EX modules themselves in order to make L-Canceling work with them. Maybe that's something that's being worked on too here but I cannot be sure.
very usefull Thanks for the share.
etui samsung galaxy a5 (http://www.coquegsm.com/category-accessoires-samsung-galaxy-a5-18.html) coque samsung galaxy a5 (http://www.coquegsm.com/category-accessoires-samsung-galaxy-a5-18.html)
Quote from: HeartlessSeph on January 11, 2016, 06:14:08 AM
Well, the data for L-Canceling is controlled in the module files for the characters. You would have to make edits to the Brawl-EX modules themselves in order to make L-Canceling work with them. Maybe that's something that's being worked on too here but I cannot be sure.
thats only half true, its actually hard coded into the GCT. seems that some codes went missing or went corrupt when i made the last GCT, ghostwolf was the first to notice it when he was looking thru it. L canceling wos one for the codes missing. There is a new patch coming soon that will resolve all the issues we currently have. just waiting on PyotrLuzhin to finish the last tweaks.
Sounds like everything is going pretty good right now. That's great! I'm excited to try this out when it gets released.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 12, 2016, 05:53:27 AM
thats only half true, its actually hard coded into the GCT. seems that some codes went missing or went corrupt when i made the last GCT, ghostwolf was the first to notice it when he was looking thru it. L canceling wos one for the codes missing. There is a new patch coming soon that will resolve all the issues we currently have. just waiting on PyotrLuzhin to finish the last tweaks.
Ah, I see. I was simply speaking off experience of when I ported Shadow over Olimar back in Project M 3.0 where I had to modify the .rel file so that Shadow could L-Cancel.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 12, 2016, 05:53:27 AM
thats only half true, its actually hard coded into the GCT. seems that some codes went missing or went corrupt when i made the last GCT, ghostwolf was the first to notice it when he was looking thru it. L canceling wos one for the codes missing. There is a new patch coming soon that will resolve all the issues we currently have. just waiting on PyotrLuzhin to finish the last tweaks.
Yea there was a lot missing actually. L-canceling, jab resets, input assist, meteor cancel, some of luigi's personal codes like green fire on opponent when hit by green missle(side b), and even hit sfx codes. But the new patch coming out will fix most of all our problems. Even ASL. I'm still surprised it was possible to get both brawl EX and ASL working together.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on January 12, 2016, 05:42:03 PM
Yea there was a lot missing actually. L-canceling, jab resets, input assist, meteor cancel, some of luigi's personal codes like green fire on opponent when hit by green missle(side b), and even hit sfx codes. But the new patch coming out will fix most of all our problems. Even ASL. I'm still surprised it was possible to get both brawl EX and ASL working together.
actually the main issue with BeX and ASL was they took up the same memory locations. we just had to point the data to a new empty slot. i believe PL also said there was a line that told it to read from "proj" and he made it read from "priv" instead (in regaurds to folders) have to give my regaurds to pyotr, we couldn't have gotten that working without him.
also fun fact, CSE and brawl DJ don't work with ASL. wich means its also unlikely to work with BeX since it used the same address, just thought i'd toss that out for anyone interested in using that code. seems to work fine in vbrawl. found that while messing with new codes. its not really anything for DiY just something me and some friends were experimenting with for another project. PM doesn't use either.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 12, 2016, 09:23:38 PM
actually the main issue with BeX and ASL was they took up the same memory locations. we just had to point the data to a new empty slot. i believe PL also said there was a line that told it to read from "proj" and he made it read from "priv" instead (in regaurds to folders) have to give my regaurds to pyotr, we couldn't have gotten that working without him.
also fun fact, CSE and brawl DJ don't work with ASL. wich means its also unlikely to work with BeX since it used the same address, just thought i'd toss that out for anyone interested in using that code. seems to work fine in vbrawl. found that while messing with new codes. its not really anything for DiY just something me and some friends were experimenting with for another project. PM doesn't use either.
LOL im a little more that thankful he got it working! Ive always wanted the two at the same time.
On the side note, Do you think that brawl DJ and CSE could be fixed in a similar way ASL was to work with each other? Also, what is CSE exactly?
CSE, Custom Sound Engine.
Now this is a code 'can' live without. but i would like to have, for somewhat obvious reasons. I mean we are having clones, who required their own voice. (unless PM, has their own code which works exactly the same way.)
Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 12, 2016, 11:04:30 PM
CSE, Custom Sound Engine.
Now this is a code 'can' live without. but i would like to have, for somewhat obvious reasons. I mean we are having clones, who required their own voice. (unless PM, has their own code which works exactly the same way.)
Ahh i see. I never really called it that lol. I agree on it being a code we can't live without. I love the idea of custom sounds in smash, and the possibilities are almost endless.
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on January 12, 2016, 09:56:19 PM
LOL im a little more that thankful he got it working! Ive always wanted the two at the same time.
On the side note, Do you think that brawl DJ and CSE could be fixed in a similar way ASL was to work with each other? Also, what is CSE exactly?
Basically CSE creats new BRSTM's, brawl dj allows you to adjust the frequency in my music, and song forcer makes that song play where you want it. you can certainly make it work with BeX the same way as ASL. but its beyond what i know how to do. i'll leave that to someone else who may be up to the task.
also brawl DJ corrupts save files. it loads music that isn't in the game in my music, wich can cause my music corruption. it should be fine if your music never changes, and its easy to fix, but annoying.
Oh wow. That sounds like what soneek has already done to smash 4. But I love my records tho.....
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on January 12, 2016, 09:56:19 PM
LOL im a little more that thankful he got it working! Ive always wanted the two at the same time.
On the side note, Do you think that brawl DJ and CSE could be fixed in a similar way ASL was to work with each other? Also, what is CSE exactly?
potentially, but given how busy I am, I don't think that I'll ever do it.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 12, 2016, 09:23:38 PM
actually the main issue with BeX and ASL was they took up the same memory locations. we just had to point the data to a new empty slot. i believe PL also said there was a line that told it to read from "proj" and he made it read from "priv" instead (in regaurds to folders) have to give my regaurds to pyotr, we couldn't have gotten that working without him.
also fun fact, CSE and brawl DJ don't work with ASL. wich means its also unlikely to work with BeX since it used the same address, just thought i'd toss that out for anyone interested in using that code. seems to work fine in vbrawl. found that while messing with new codes. its not really anything for DiY just something me and some friends were experimenting with for another project. PM doesn't use either.
That's sort of how it works. Brawl stores two variables - the button pressed on the SSS and a global timer - in a region of memory that BrawlEX overwrites to store character data. I wrote two ASM codes that store those variables elsewhere in memory, and changed the ASL code to load from the new addresses.
I hope I get more that just regards for this lol ;)
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 13, 2016, 05:01:11 PM
potentially, but given how busy I am, I don't think that I'll ever do it.That's sort of how it works. Brawl stores two variables - the button pressed on the SSS and a global timer - in a region of memory that BrawlEX overwrites to store character data. I wrote two ASM codes that store those variables elsewhere in memory, and changed the ASL code to load from the new addresses.
I hope I get more that just regards for this lol ;)
I commend you on your work lol. Where did you learn to read and alter brawls code? I've always wanted an understanding of how it works.
Hey just wanted to say thank you guys for all your hard work and im really excited for the update. I can't wait to try and add a characters and make a build.
I've never attempted to use brawlex before so is there anything i should know especially specifically for project m? or good tutorials to follow? Ill proabably be adding onto project m unbound.
And if anyone makes any custom builds i would love to check them out. Theres definitely a possibility that ill fail at adding characters lol
I cant wait for the release i hope it comes as soon as possible. Thanks again
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 13, 2016, 05:01:11 PM
potentially, but given how busy I am, I don't think that I'll ever do it.That's sort of how it works. Brawl stores two variables - the button pressed on the SSS and a global timer - in a region of memory that BrawlEX overwrites to store character data. I wrote two ASM codes that store those variables elsewhere in memory, and changed the ASL code to load from the new addresses.
I hope I get more that just regards for this lol ;)
I see, interesting, i cant wait for the release so i can look at your findings. I feel things might change quite a bit for PM, with it being a lot easier to build off of. something greater and more complex might evolve off the work. that is the entire goal i had behind DiY from the time Ty left it in my care. I hope people find it useful <3
Quote from: brotankfrank on January 14, 2016, 08:32:05 AM
Hey just wanted to say thank you guys for all your hard work and im really excited for the update. I can't wait to try and add a characters and make a build.
I've never attempted to use brawlex before so is there anything i should know especially specifically for project m? or good tutorials to follow? Ill proabably be adding onto project m unbound.
And if anyone makes any custom builds i would love to check them out. Theres definitely a possibility that ill fail at adding characters lol
I cant wait for the release i hope it comes as soon as possible. Thanks again
i recomend starting here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
BeX is not really hard to set up, its a bit confusing if your new to it however. found most the time i mess up its usually 1 of 3 things xD first i forget to change the modules IDs, second i mess up on the fighter config and forget to add something in the PSA needs, and last i misspell a file. if you have issues try checking in those areas. and that thread usually has very helpful people if you run into any other issues..
Quote from: Sirkura on January 16, 2016, 03:12:18 AM
I see, interesting, i cant wait for the release so i can look at your findings. I feel things might change quite a bit for PM, with it being a lot easier to build off of. something greater and more complex might evolve off the work. that is the entire goal i had behind DiY from the time Ty left it in my care. I hope people find it useful <3
i recomend starting here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
BeX is not really hard to set up, its a bit confusing if your new to it however. found most the time i mess up its usually 1 of 3 things xD first i forget to change the modules IDs, second i mess up on the fighter config and forget to add something in the PSA needs, and last i misspell a file. if you have issues try checking in those areas. and that thread usually has very helpful people if you run into any other issues..
yes. i don't usually have any problems either. i use the clone tools mass renamer to name all the files for me, (which can get glitchy.) so i have very few problems in that catagory. if all else fails, i'll be happy to help.
Hellooooo! I've been trying to get a 2gb sd card forever (actually half a year...) so I can use Project M D.I.Y and now that I finally got one I feel the need to help in some way...
I don't know if this is even relevant anymore, but I made an sc_selmap.pac file using the original, and used models from PM to give it a PM theme, and replaced all the icons, portraits, franchise symbols, names, etc. Hopefully this is still useful, as I've seen that some people have a problem with a broken map selection screen. You suggested to just use the original, so I just thought this would make it look nicer!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5n151ncgfogpmfc/sc_selmap+PMDIY.pac (http://www.mediafire.com/download/5n151ncgfogpmfc/sc_selmap+PMDIY.pac)
Here are some screenshots of what the pages look like:
Page 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Page 2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Reasons I'm sorry:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't know if any of these other problems have been resolved (because I was reading through all the old comments and wished I were able to help at the time), but it seems that the reason no % is shown in a match is because a code has removed it (rereading it now makes it seems so obvious...). Well, I tried this for PM v3.02 I believe (because I'm a noob and didn't realize you made updates for the 3.6), and when I entered advanced options on the CSS there was a choice to show/hide the %, and it was set to hide by default... so.... yeah.
Also I have one question:
To make the extra costumes work properly, Ghost Wolf had to edit the Fighter config and use a hex editor to edit all the CSSlot configs right? I don't remember, I'm kind of rusty at hacking.
If any of this was helpful, then I'm glad I was.. helpful, and hope that I can be helpful in the future.
If any of this was utterly useless,
wait I thought that the CSE code was used to load .sawnd files from the sfx folder instead of from the .brsar. You can create .brstms with it?
Just downloaded ASLTool.exe to feel smarter.... will google more later.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 21, 2016, 03:39:50 AM
Hellooooo! I've been trying to get a 2gb sd card forever (actually half a year...) so I can use Project M D.I.Y and now that I finally got one I feel the need to help in some way...
I don't know if this is even relevant anymore, but I made an sc_selmap.pac file using the original, and used models from PM to give it a PM theme, and replaced all the icons, portraits, franchise symbols, names, etc. Hopefully this is still useful, as I've seen that some people have a problem with a broken map selection screen. You suggested to just use the original, so I just thought this would make it look nicer!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5n151ncgfogpmfc/sc_selmap+PMDIY.pac (http://www.mediafire.com/download/5n151ncgfogpmfc/sc_selmap+PMDIY.pac)
Here are some screenshots of what the pages look like:
Page 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Page 2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Reasons I'm sorry:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't know if any of these other problems have been resolved (because I was reading through all the old comments and wished I were able to help at the time), but it seems that the reason no % is shown in a match is because a code has removed it (rereading it now makes it seems so obvious...). Well, I tried this for PM v3.02 I believe (because I'm a noob and didn't realize you made updates for the 3.6), and when I entered advanced options on the CSS there was a choice to show/hide the %, and it was set to hide by default... so.... yeah.
Also I have one question:
To make the extra costumes work properly, Ghost Wolf had to edit the Fighter config and use a hex editor to edit all the CSSlot configs right? I don't remember, I'm kind of rusty at hacking.
If any of this was helpful, then I'm glad I was.. helpful, and hope that I can be helpful in the future.
If any of this was utterly useless,
wait I thought that the CSE code was used to load .sawnd files from the sfx folder instead of from the .brsar. You can create .brstms with it?
Just downloaded ASLTool.exe to feel smarter.... will google more later.
Thanks! i'm sure that edited SSS will be useful for more then a few people <3 i'll add it to the patch files. the GCT was fixed at one point adding the missing codes, but i lost the file due to GDrive being stupid. PL has the original file i made with all the missing codes included. tho i can't really do anything more till he releases what he's finished. Last CSE is different from RSE. wich is what you are thinking of.
Replacement SoundBank Engine v1.20[InternetExplorer, Dantarion]
* 80000000 80406920
* 80000001 805A7D18
* 045A7D00 805A7D18
* 8A001001 00000000
* 065A7D28 00000015
* 2F525342 452F7066
* 2F736678 2F25642E
* 7361776E 64000000
* 045A7D10 919B6600
* C21C8370 0000003C
* 9421FF80 BC610008
* 3C60805A 60637000
* 94230008 7C611B78
* 3B5A0007 3C60805A
* 60637D00 9343FFE0
* 38800000 9081000C
* 90810010 93610014
* 90810018 3880FFFF
* 9081001C 38610020
* 90610008 3C80805A
* 60847D18 7F45D378
* 3D80803F 618C89FC
* 7D8903A6 4E800421
* 38810020 7F63DB78
* 38A00000 38C00000
* 3D80805A 618C7900
* 7D8903A6 4E800421
* 2C030000 40820114
* 3C60805A 60637D00
* 8081FE90 9083FFD0
* 7F64DB78 3884FFFD
* 3CC05257 60C65344
* 38840004 81240000
* 7C093000 4082FFF4
* 7C9B2050 9083FFC0
* 3D2090E6 61290F10
* 81290000 7D244B78
* 7C862378 38C60008
* 80A4002C 7C842A14
* 38840008 3CE0805A
* 60E77D00 8167FFE0
* 38840008 80A40000
* 7CA53214 80E50000
* 7C075800 4082FFEC
* 7D244B78 80C50024
* 7CA43214 38A50008
* 80E50000 38A50008
* 7F63DB78 38630009
* 80C50000 7CC43214
* 38E7FFFF 81430000
* 91460008 81430004
* 91460014 81430008
* 91460018 3863000C
* 38A50008 2C070000
* 4181FFD0 3C60805A
* 60637D00 8083FFD0
* 80A3FFC0 7C852050
* 7F66DB78 7CE62A14
* 89070000 99060000
* 38C60001 38E70001
* 3884FFFF 2C040000
* 4181FFE8 38600000
* 2C030000 3CA0805A
* 60A57D00 9065FFF0
* 3C20805A 60217000
* 80210008 B8610008
* 38210080 7D8903A6
* 4182000C 4E800421
* 48000008 7CE33B78
* 60000000 00000000
* C21C8658 00000007
* 3E00805A 62107D00
* 8230FFF0 2C110000
* 40820010 7CE33B78
* 3B200000 41820014
* 4E800421 3A400001
* 9250FFF0 60000000
* 60000000 00000000btw, PM works with SD cards up to 32 gigs. unless you use hackless it didn't really matter. I thought of adding the stage expansion code to it and adding all the alts as seperate stages entirely, tho PyotrLuzhin said he had finished ASL edits so i never bothered. i'm sure he has his reasons for the delay.
WOW I wish we could use .brstm IDs for character SFX. Last time I tried something like this I could never fully tell because I tried replacing a clone Waluigi's crowd chant with a .brstm (replaced a .brstm and replaced the chant ID inside his config files with the ID of the brstm), and I couldn't tell if it didn't work or if I was just not good enough for them... T-T Well, I have a 16 gb SD which has pm on it, but pm diy doesnt load any of the files on it, besides the gct. I think it has to do with having to copy the pf folder to the regular directory. The stage expansion idea sounds good. Since there will probably be more empty slots after the alternate stages are given individual slots, perhaps the user can add whatever stages they want to it too! But the stage icons are going to be too big to fit on the screen, and we'd have to make new portraits to fit the stages that didn't have exist before and are alternatives. Would you like me to work on the stage expansion?
Also I'm a little bit confused as to which costumes are working in pm 3.6. I noticed that the pokemon trainer's pokemon's costumes are out of order. I dont know if others have this problem, I believe that's a problem with the CSSSlot config. Should I try to fix it with a hex editor? Or do it the lazy way and move the FitCharacterXX files around? XD
Finally, may I suggest removing Kirby from the random section in CSSRoster.dat? Since Kirby still doesn't work in a match against clones, it would be annoying for players' game to freeze since random loaded Kirby when someone else was being a custom character. Someone said there was a fix for that
Actually, I have a problem with remembering something the moment I save a message. I found a bug: Mr. Game & Watch can't use neutral B, or the game freezes. Also there's the random freezing that occurs in match, but the game hasn't frozen otherwise. I'll try to reenact what happened in the match in case it wasn't actually random to find more bugs. Is this related to the .rel files?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 21, 2016, 10:33:40 PM
WOW I wish we could use .brstm IDs for character SFX. Last time I tried something like this I could never fully tell because I tried replacing a clone Waluigi's crowd chant with a .brstm (replaced a .brstm and replaced the chant ID inside his config files with the ID of the brstm), and I couldn't tell if it didn't work or if I was just not good enough for them... T-T Well, I have a 16 gb SD which has pm on it, but pm diy doesnt load any of the files on it, besides the gct. I think it has to do with having to copy the pf folder to the regular directory. The stage expansion idea sounds good. Since there will probably be more empty slots after the alternate stages are given individual slots, perhaps the user can add whatever stages they want to it too! But the stage icons are going to be too big to fit on the screen, and we'd have to make new portraits to fit the stages that didn't have exist before and are alternatives. Would you like me to work on the stage expansion?
Also I'm a little bit confused as to which costumes are working in pm 3.6. I noticed that the pokemon trainer's pokemon's costumes are out of order. I dont know if others have this problem, I believe that's a problem with the CSSSlot config. Should I try to fix it with a hex editor? Or do it the lazy way and move the FitCharacterXX files around? XD
Finally, may I suggest removing Kirby from the random section in CSSRoster.dat? Since Kirby still doesn't work in a match against clones, it would be annoying for players' game to freeze since random loaded Kirby when someone else was being a custom character. Someone said there was a fix for that
Actually, I have a problem with remembering something the moment I save a message. I found a bug: Mr. Game & Watch can't use neutral B, or the game freezes. Also there's the random freezing that occurs in match, but the game hasn't frozen otherwise. I'll try to reenact what happened in the match in case it wasn't actually random to find more bugs. Is this related to the .rel files?
Yes it is actually. that explains why some brawl ex characters can do certain actions the pm characters cant. FOr example, in the current patch, the game freezes when captain falcon does side b, but a cloned captain falcon can, even with the same moveset. PM uses a modified rel system, and the coding was switched around a little for ASL, so there will be freezes. But PyotrLuzhin's patch will fix them, so try to hang tight for a little while longer.
Oh sweet cool! Does this mean that after the patch Kirby can work with BrawlEx characters? :O
Well in the meanwhile, should I fix the individual pokemon costumes?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 21, 2016, 10:33:40 PM
WOW I wish we could use .brstm IDs for character SFX. Last time I tried something like this I could never fully tell because I tried replacing a clone Waluigi's crowd chant with a .brstm (replaced a .brstm and replaced the chant ID inside his config files with the ID of the brstm), and I couldn't tell if it didn't work or if I was just not good enough for them... T-T Well, I have a 16 gb SD which has pm on it, but pm diy doesnt load any of the files on it, besides the gct. I think it has to do with having to copy the pf folder to the regular directory. The stage expansion idea sounds good. Since there will probably be more empty slots after the alternate stages are given individual slots, perhaps the user can add whatever stages they want to it too! But the stage icons are going to be too big to fit on the screen, and we'd have to make new portraits to fit the stages that didn't have exist before and are alternatives. Would you like me to work on the stage expansion?
Also I'm a little bit confused as to which costumes are working in pm 3.6. I noticed that the pokemon trainer's pokemon's costumes are out of order. I dont know if others have this problem, I believe that's a problem with the CSSSlot config. Should I try to fix it with a hex editor? Or do it the lazy way and move the FitCharacterXX files around? XD
Finally, may I suggest removing Kirby from the random section in CSSRoster.dat? Since Kirby still doesn't work in a match against clones, it would be annoying for players' game to freeze since random loaded Kirby when someone else was being a custom character. Someone said there was a fix for that
Actually, I have a problem with remembering something the moment I save a message. I found a bug: Mr. Game & Watch can't use neutral B, or the game freezes. Also there's the random freezing that occurs in match, but the game hasn't frozen otherwise. I'll try to reenact what happened in the match in case it wasn't actually random to find more bugs. Is this related to the .rel files?
replacing a BRSTM file wouldn't work for clone sounds. the .swnds files are just pieces of the BRSAR file injected into it. in theory there are other sounds you can point to (like subspace enemies, etc) tho they have a much smaller file size, i think you could only fit 3-4 sounds in them. i havent experimented with others yet to see where the IDs fall.
Thats odd your SD isn't reading. i'll look into the codelist i updated, there is a chance that the SDHC code was corrupted or lost via brawlbox. i might be able to make a new BeX GCT ready with all the codes included but i don't have PL's fixes for ASL or allstar anymore thanks to GDrive effing up.
There is a fix for kirby, actually i think its as simple as updating the configs from v1 to v2. i know it wasn't hard, i just havent gotten around to fixing it. i know the second i put forth the effort is when PL will release his codelist and rel fixes, making all that work moot xD
game and watch can be 2 things. there are IC and variable codes that make PSA's work correctly in PM. BeX ignores those and skips over any character related code, (i don't think hitstun codes even affect them) i'm only guessing her but i think PL is manually hexing those variable's in to the REL file so it reads them without codes. i could be completely wrong however.
as for the SSS, i don't think previews and such would be as big of an issue, the latest brawl boxes have a newer compression called ExtendedLz77 that helps a lot with files size, you can also manually resize files on import to make them smaller if needed. anything that uses Lz77 can use the ExLz77 format so that might help.
if you make it i'll add it to the patch as well ^^ full credits ofc. i appreciate any help anyone can give.
Ok Awesome! Yeah you need to use ExtendedLz77 for custom Bex portraits. Yes I remembered that after I pressed save and just stopped trying to modify... But I tried using the resize tool inside Brawlbox 0.71 and it didn't do anything.
Should I continue with editing the CSSSlot config files for pokemon (and probably other characters) for PM 3.6? I finished Charizard and he works great now, you can use all 8 of his costumes and the team colors match.
Do you care what order the alternate stages appear on the SSS?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 22, 2016, 01:22:39 AM
Ok Awesome! Yeah you need to use ExtendedLz77 for custom Bex portraits. Yes I remembered that after I pressed save and just stopped trying to modify... But I tried using the resize tool inside Brawlbox 0.71 and it didn't do anything.
Should I continue with editing the CSSSlot config files for pokemon (and probably other characters) for PM 3.6? I finished Charizard and he works great now, you can use all 8 of his costumes and the team colors match.
Do you care what order the alternate stages appear on the SSS?
Not at all ^^ feel free to order them however you choose. Perhaps it would be good too order them by game so they are easy to find however. I'm personally not sure what characters wolf finished cosmetics for.
It seems like he finished most of them. So far I've only had to edit Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. I found that Ganondork also needed to be edited, I'm going to edit him now.
I don't know if this is derived from the same reason characters are freezing, but occasionally Kirby can't stop shielding until he breaks the shield and gets dizzy. Is this going to be fixed in the patch?
I also noticed that the egg used for Yoshi's up special had distorted textures using the last costume (I didn't check the other ones yet) and used the texture for Donkey Kong's skin instead (who was in the match). I think this is an easy fix and doesn't really need to be regarded right now though.
Alright, I finished modifying the config of some characters. Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur are done. I fixed a problem with Jigglypuff freezing the game in the CSS because there were some values in the CSSSlot that shouldn't have existed. I also fixed a problem with Ganondwarf not even having Fighter or CSSSlot configs.
I accidentally wasted time by accident by accidentally replacing the fixed Squirtle config with the current one instead of vice versa on my SD card, and also by accidentally trying to fix Marth's config when I was accidentally looking at Roy in the CSS the whole accidental time.
Besides that, I believe Samus and ZSS still need some editing, but I have to work on that tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Ganondalf:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkvh20oup4cmdbl/BrawlEx.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkvh20oup4cmdbl/BrawlEx.rar)
Hopefully I can also continue with the selmap tomorrow too! Typing of which, are you planning on having the users use the CSE code with their custom stages or preexisting brstms?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 22, 2016, 03:54:04 AM
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Ganondalf
One of these things is not like the other.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 22, 2016, 03:09:55 AM
Not at all ^^ feel free to order them however you choose. Perhaps it would be good too order them by game so they are easy to find however. I'm personally not sure what characters wolf finished cosmetics for.
the hype will come this weekend - this is a firm deadline I have set for myself, so get excited, everyone.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 22, 2016, 03:54:04 AM
It seems like he finished most of them. So far I've only had to edit Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. I found that Ganondork also needed to be edited, I'm going to edit him now.
I don't know if this is derived from the same reason characters are freezing, but occasionally Kirby can't stop shielding until he breaks the shield and gets dizzy. Is this going to be fixed in the patch?
I also noticed that the egg used for Yoshi's up special had distorted textures using the last costume (I didn't check the other ones yet) and used the texture for Donkey Kong's skin instead (who was in the match). I think this is an easy fix and doesn't really need to be regarded right now though.
Alright, I finished modifying the config of some characters. Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur are done. I fixed a problem with Jigglypuff freezing the game in the CSS because there were some values in the CSSSlot that shouldn't have existed. I also fixed a problem with Ganondwarf not even having Fighter or CSSSlot configs.
I accidentally wasted time by accident by accidentally replacing the fixed Squirtle config with the current one instead of vice versa on my SD card, and also by accidentally trying to fix Marth's config when I was accidentally looking at Roy in the CSS the whole accidental time.
Besides that, I believe Samus and ZSS still need some editing, but I have to work on that tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Ganondalf:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkvh20oup4cmdbl/BrawlEx.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkvh20oup4cmdbl/BrawlEx.rar)
Hopefully I can also continue with the selmap tomorrow too! Typing of which, are you planning on having the users use the CSE code with their custom stages or preexisting brstms?
I've done all of the costume fixes already, and I would strongly recommend that everyone uses the config files I've created, since they address some of the stability issues that people have reported with Kirby.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 22, 2016, 08:37:03 AM
One of these things is not like the other.
Same with the other two times I mentioned his name! ;D
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 22, 2016, 03:27:17 PM
the hype will come this weekend - this is a firm deadline I have set for myself, so get excited, everyone.I've done all of the costume fixes already, and I would strongly recommend that everyone uses the config files I've created, since they address some of the stability issues that people have reported with Kirby.
You did?? I didn't knooooowwww! I asked if I should make some fixes but nobody told me you already did... u.uT-T So I couldve been working on the stage expansion this whole time?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 22, 2016, 03:48:11 PM
Same with the other two times I mentioned his name! ;D
You did?? I didn't knooooowwww! I asked if I should make some fixes but nobody told me you already did... u.uT-T So I couldve been working on the stage expansion this whole time?
Well, pyotrluzhin has that down pack too lol
I thought I was making a selmap.pac file for pm diy... 0.0 I'm so confused now...
So is there anything I can help do??
I feel the same lol, but i guess all we can do is wait. He's coming with the patch very shortly, so the wait is not much longer
Lol okay, why didn't Sirkura tell me that he had it all under control? -_-
Well, looking forward to the patch!!
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 23, 2016, 03:12:46 AM
Lol okay, why didn't Sirkura tell me that he had it all under control? -_-
Well, looking forward to the patch!!
i did mention it, i just stated that i had no idea when he would be releasing things. you can certainly still help. there are almost always unforseen bugs, no matter how thourough we try to be, we definately need play testers, any and all feed back is appreciated.
I apologize for all of the confusion, everyone. With how busy I am IRL and online with projects and obligations, I sometimes lose track of things.
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 23, 2016, 02:12:57 PM
I apologize for all of the confusion, everyone. With how busy I am IRL and online with projects and obligations, I sometimes lose track of things.
Your fine. We knew you had your reasons for the delay. We've all been there.
Hi I just saw the PM + brawlex release on brawl vault. Is this a legit and stable version?
Does this include ASL too? Nothing was posted on this thread so I wasn't sure of the specifications.
Either way thank you so much for your work and I can't wait to see what comes out of this
Quote from: brotankfrank on January 24, 2016, 07:41:22 PM
Hi I just saw the PM + brawlex release on brawl vault. Is this a legit and stable version?
Does this include ASL too? Nothing was posted on this thread so I wasn't sure of the specifications.
Either way thank you so much for your work and I can't wait to see what comes out of this
it's legit, there's an update on the way now
Quote from: Sirkura on January 23, 2016, 03:29:38 AM
i did mention it, i just stated that i had no idea when he would be releasing things. you can certainly still help. there are almost always unforseen bugs, no matter how thourough we try to be, we definately need play testers, any and all feed back is appreciated.
Whoops, I didn't see that, im so sorry! u.u
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 24, 2016, 09:10:52 PM
it's legit, there's an update on the way now
*-*
I noticed the codelist wasn't included in the download. Are you going to release it anywhere in order to customize ASL stages and what not?
Hi I am new with brawl mods so with your template we can make clones and then copy a another character over it? i.e. I can clone Jigglypuff and copy Little Mac over it? or download Waluigi for Brawlex and add it to the game?
if so it is awesome... do you gonna make a guide for it?
thanks
Yes, that is the sole purpose of this project. You can use this tutorial right here to add whatever characters you desire:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0;topicseen (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0;topicseen)
Although if you're going to add Little Mac over Jigglypuff, I would suggest looking up some SFX tutorials for BeX... for obvious reasons.
However you might need to familiarize more with Brawl modding. This process can be kinda long (unless I'm just slow, which is probably the case), especially since the Clone Tool doesn't work properly.
Quote from: RedSoul78 on January 25, 2016, 01:49:30 AM
I noticed the codelist wasn't included in the download. Are you going to release it anywhere in order to customize ASL stages and what not?
hmm i'll talk to PL about the code list. i would very much like that documented if its not. the purpose of the project is to build off of PM froa premade template. kinda defeats the purpose if your still limited by unknown codes.
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when I play with a cloned character, it corrupts my nametag. Resetting doesn't fix the nametag and when I try to play with that name it crashes the game. Mewtwo and Roy don't break the nametag though.
Well hey all you guys, first I want to say you're amazing at what you do, I appreciate all the work y'all have done so far and look forward to where you'll take it next! I've been off and on checking in on your progress for a good while now. Trying to figure out some way I could help, but of course I'm not the most experienced hacker lol.
Anyways, I tried to test your most recent build through the Hackless method, I played around for a couple of hours and I commend you on your spectacular work, but I found one glitch I may have very well caused myself when attempting to convert it to the no homebrew version: Jigglypuff's 8th costume caused a buzzcrash when I tried to select it. It seems like an easy fix either way, but I wanted to bring it up if it was an issue with the release. I'll play test more tomorrow, and be at your service from here on. Thanks again for all you've done!
Quote from: BombermaN64 on January 26, 2016, 01:44:14 AM
Well hey all you guys, first I want to say you're amazing at what you do, I appreciate all the work y'all have done so far and look forward to where you'll take it next! I've been off and on checking in on your progress for a good while now. Trying to figure out some way I could help, but of course I'm not the most experienced hacker lol.
Anyways, I tried to test your most recent build through the Hackless method, I played around for a couple of hours and I commend you on your spectacular work, but I found one glitch I may have very well caused myself when attempting to convert it to the no homebrew version: Jigglypuff's 8th costume caused a buzzcrash when I tried to select it. It seems like an easy fix either way, but I wanted to bring it up if it was an issue with the release. I'll play test more tomorrow, and be at your service from here on. Thanks again for all you've done!
YES A PURPOSE FOR MY CONFIG FILE(S)!!!
Here, this one should work, but make a backup of the file just in case.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mt0n2qwxsdrc5ge/CSSSlot23.dat (http://www.mediafire.com/download/mt0n2qwxsdrc5ge/CSSSlot23.dat)
PyotrLuzhin or Sirkura will most likely fix it pretty soon.
However, I'm not sure what could be causing the name tag problem. I'm sorry! Does it even crash using the default name tag for you?
Hi. I just have a quick question.
If I wanted to use this on Homebrew, would I just need to copy the "apps" folder into my SD card? That has worked with other things in the past, but I'm not sure if this is compatible with it or not.
Is this compatible with the Stage expansion? i mean, it's cool that i can have randomized stages at a whim. but i do have a lot of extra stages i like having on their own (and probably randomized, seeing how alot of them are from Smash4, and have Omega versions)
(I can also see how the stage expansion might be difficult to add in, due to how PM does the SSS. But i would like to have it regardless, even if it is crappy edit or whatever.)
I also forgot how to add my own cosmetics =/
I'm in the midst of re learning how to do it. cause in the past i made a standard one that had like 36 extra everything.
And how did you get the extra icons to work?
EDIT:
Also, why does WArioman's portrait show over Roy's?
Everything is in the right place, i just needed to know why.
Any fix for Ridley's audio yet? Also Bowser draws from vanilla giga bowser regardless of costume.
Quote from: InTheGameKiah on January 25, 2016, 08:25:13 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when I play with a cloned character, it corrupts my nametag. Resetting doesn't fix the nametag and when I try to play with that name it crashes the game. Mewtwo and Roy don't break the nametag though.
download the latest .gct hotfix in the description.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 26, 2016, 07:06:08 AM
Is this compatible with the Stage expansion? i mean, it's cool that i can have randomized stages at a whim. but i do have a lot of extra stages i like having on their own (and probably randomized, seeing how alot of them are from Smash4, and have Omega versions)
(I can also see how the stage expansion might be difficult to add in, due to how PM does the SSS. But i would like to have it regardless, even if it is crappy edit or whatever.)
I also forgot how to add my own cosmetics =/
I'm in the midst of re learning how to do it. cause in the past i made a standard one that had like 36 extra everything.
And how did you get the extra icons to work?
EDIT:
Also, why does WArioman's portrait show over Roy's?
Everything is in the right place, i just needed to know why.
warioman's portrait shouldn't do that, at least not when I've played. stage expansion is compatible :)
Quote from: thatoneguynolan on January 26, 2016, 05:33:43 AM
Hi. I just have a quick question.
If I wanted to use this on Homebrew, would I just need to copy the "apps" folder into my SD card? That has worked with other things in the past, but I'm not sure if this is compatible with it or not.
you'll need to use gecko 1.9.3.1 in your apps folder with the hooktype AXNextFrame
Quote from: Velhemence on January 26, 2016, 09:31:43 AM
Any fix for Ridley's audio yet? Also Bowser draws from vanilla giga bowser regardless of costume.
ridley's audio will be fixed by someone eventually. hm... I'll look into the giga issue a bit more
Whenever everything here is ready for release, we really need video tutorials...
Okay, cool. Now, when adding in the stage expansion, i have no idea how to add in the extra necessary SSS icons. And was wondering if someone even made a stage expansion with Project M's SSS.
Also, due to PMs prevbase being 176X176, any suggestions for a smaller prevbase?
especially if i'm adding in new stages, i need to reduce file size.
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 26, 2016, 02:11:24 PM
download the latest .gct hotfix in the description.
It worked, Thanks.
Keep up the good work, you guys are awesome.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 26, 2016, 04:13:24 PM
Okay, cool. Now, when adding in the stage expansion, i have no idea how to add in the extra necessary SSS icons. And was wondering if someone even made a stage expansion with Project M's SSS.
Also, due to PMs prevbase being 176X176, any suggestions for a smaller prevbase?
especially if i'm adding in new stages, i need to reduce file size.
libertyernie made a template for adding your own expansion stages to Project M that should suit your purpose:
http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/)
Quote from: RedSoul78 on January 26, 2016, 05:02:08 PM
libertyernie made a template for adding your own expansion stages to Project M that should suit your purpose:
http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/)
You sire, are a saviour, i was doing all of this by hand XP
Also, when will the codelist be released? i have some personal codes i kinda have to add in order for my personal build to sort of work.
EDIT:
Also, the posted link, yes it has an edited sc_selmap, which is perfect. the only problem is the code inside of there is incompatible. (meaning, i'd have to add that GCT'S Expansion code into the one provided.) and because the current Codelist isn't public as of right now, it's a little difficult editing the current code. but i'll manage.
Hey guys, I patched in the Stage Expansion +36 template and compiled a hotfix for it (Tested and working). You want it?
Yes!
EDIT II, THE REVENGE:
I know a million questions, but with ASL on board, i could have like, 6 different Final Destinations, and have them randomly loaded (I don't like button combos too much.) And is it possible to have a stage, be loaded differently via multiple RLS. Like, have a Custom stage, have the base RL be Final Destination, and then a second/third stage be Luigi's Mansion? (Mind you, i haven't used ASL before.)
Can you also add in some special codes for me? i have some custom music that i kinda need added in.
i'll post them. (These codes also allow for the Added stages to have at least one song each. and be loaded via Random too! so it could be essential for this kit.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k477d3bdkdm7779/pm3.6_diy_0.2_stage_expansion_hotfix.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/download/k477d3bdkdm7779/pm3.6_diy_0.2_stage_expansion_hotfix.7z)
There it is. Hope this helps. ;D
The code uploaded has two Stage Codes in it apparantly. not sure how that happened. but i'm forwarnin' thee.
EDIT III: THE EDITS RISE BACK
What does it mean when a stage refuses to load, or hangs on loading. and i know it's not the characters failing to load, is it a bad REL loading?
EDIT IVV:
Do not add stages, it has problems involving the battle.rel and it constantly loads it over and over in the log file.
When adding anystage, sure it reads it. but it's not exactly reading the file. this is NOT compatible with the DIY as of right now.
I'm not a genius, i forgot to add the actual code in... cause i'm.. a genius. disregard all of the agove.
I've edited this exact post like a million times
How do i edit ASL? well, on this version, is it the same as usual?
Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 26, 2016, 06:12:50 PM
The code uploaded has two Stage Codes in it apparantly. not sure how that happened. but i'm forwarnin' thee.
EDIT III: THE EDITS RISE BACK
What does it mean when a stage refuses to load, or hangs on loading. and i know it's not the characters failing to load, is it a bad REL loading?
EDIT IVV:
Do not add stages, it has problems involving the battle.rel and it constantly loads it over and over in the log file.
When adding anystage, sure it reads it. but it's not exactly reading the file. this is NOT compatible with the DIY as of right now.
I'm not a genius, i forgot to add the actual code in... cause i'm.. a genius. disregard all of the agove.
I've edited this exact post like a million times
How do i edit ASL? well, on this version, is it the same as usual?
I think that mewtwo2000's ASL tool works for this, but I'm not sure
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 27, 2016, 12:01:04 AM
I think that mewtwo2000's ASL tool works for this, but I'm not sure
It does for the most part but a few stages seem to have problems with it; Bowser's Castle (STGKART) is one them.
Wait there's a tool for that, i was editing it by hand.
Welp, i'll probably wait a bit before i start expanding upon original stages (if i need to, but i highly doubt it.)
will these work with 3.6.1 character like isaac, lyn, knux and sami ?
So for now we won't be able to make clones with modules you haven't made yet right? The regular Bex modules won't work? Cause the character I want to add is over Olimar, and there was no Ex module for olimar inside the folder in the download...
I don't know much about hexadecimal, but I saw that everybody whose "Section[7]" inside their rel file isn't null are all the same otherwise, and that the "Section[8]" of Ridley's was the same as that of Pit's module from the original Bex thread, besides the first value. So I tried to add bytes to Section[7] and Section[8] of Olimar's rel, change all the values to match the others, replace the 1st value in Section[8] with whatever Bex character ID, added relocation info, and change the whole ID to an unused value (I think 99 in hex isn't taken), but nothing changed in game. It's still Mario with no announcer call and freezes once a stage is chosen. I can't tell if this is one of the problems that have already been addressed on the original thread or related to the rel files.
Again I don't know much about rel files, only configs and fitfighter.pacs, so pleeeeaase excuse me if this was just stupid and actually made no sense.
Most likely, just set up the config files for their base characters and i believe they wil work fine. (sami is snake, knux is sonic, isaac i havent looked at he might be pit or ike, lyn is marth) if you look at the white shadow models you should be able to tell, its rare those are edited from the base character.
I apologize for the inactivity on updates lately. i've been moving and the place we are living is... less then ideal for a modder. Dx i'm still adjusting. anyway going to update the link to point to PL's download. we will also be providing a link to the codeset later.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 28, 2016, 03:49:12 AM
So for now we won't be able to make clones with modules you haven't made yet right? The regular Bex modules won't work? Cause the character I want to add is over Olimar, and there was no Ex module for olimar inside the folder in the download...
I don't know much about hexadecimal, but I saw that everybody whose "Section[7]" inside their rel file isn't null are all the same otherwise, and that the "Section[8]" of Ridley's was the same as that of Pit's module from the original Bex thread, besides the first value. So I tried to add bytes to Section[7] and Section[8] of Olimar's rel, change all the values to match the others, replace the 1st value in Section[8] with whatever Bex character ID, added relocation info, and change the whole ID to an unused value (I think 99 in hex isn't taken), but nothing changed in game. It's still Mario with no announcer call and freezes once a stage is chosen. I can't tell if this is one of the problems that have already been addressed on the original thread or related to the rel files.
Again I don't know much about rel files, only configs and fitfighter.pacs, so pleeeeaase excuse me if this was just stupid and actually made no sense.
Actually i think a majority of vanilla REL's will work fine. if people can test them i'll make a list of what works and what doesn't. that also sounds much more like improper cosmetics. by default all clones go to mario as a base. so that means something isn't set up correctly. i know the ZSS one worked fine, i cloned my sirks before it was stable.
Any news on the possibility of getting the full codelist?
it's coming soon. HyperLink and I are tagging everything right now. Also, vBrawl BrawlEX rels will NOT work. You have to use the EXModules provided in the main download.
Not sure if it is just my build or not but Donkey Kong and Luigi both have no audio for their final smashes. Can someone confirm this?
Quote from: Velhemence on January 29, 2016, 12:57:08 AM
Not sure if it is just my build or not but Donkey Kong and Luigi both have no audio for their final smashes. Can someone confirm this?
That's a problem with BrawlEx in general, not just this build. It also happens for King Dedede.
So this only works with 2gb sd cards? Cause I'm using a 16gb SDHC Card and it doesn't start up. Using homebrew with Gecko and the proper hooktype.
Quote from: RedSoul78 on January 29, 2016, 01:13:18 AM
That's a problem with BrawlEx in general, not just this build. It also happens for King Dedede.
and peach.
It should work fine with sd hc cards. I use an 8 gig personally.
Right after posting that comment I got it to work. haha silly me. I got rid of Gecko and used the Project M launcher. Should have tried that from the start! Thanks anyways and nice work guys. Keep it up! ;)
Hey guys, nice work so far on the project, but I was wondering, if later on, some characters like Pit and R.O.B. will have modules included?
Quote from: Cyprus on January 29, 2016, 01:39:20 AM
Hey guys, nice work so far on the project, but I was wondering, if later on, some characters like Pit and R.O.B. will have modules included?
If I may step in for Pyotr (again), he said some of them he forgot to include, and some others will be finished. Actually, if I'm correct, Pit's module is in the update.
Ah, understood, thank you. Sorry XD
Quote from: Cyprus on January 29, 2016, 01:46:41 AM
Ah, understood, thank you. Sorry XD
Omg, it's okay. You're good. c:
I've found a glitch with Jigglypuff. When you try to select one of her costumes, the game freezes. It's the one after the winged Jiggs (not sure what costume it is).
Also the gold Pit costume doesn't have a voice in game.
Found something else: The game freezes when selecting some stages in My Music. Final Destination for example. Must be something wrong with some songs since I played on FD one time and a song played without a name or sound.
Edit again: When holding R and selecting Bowser, Wario, or Ice Climbers: Giga Bowser, WarioMan, and Solo Ice Climber don't load. Instead of G. Bowser: Red Alloy loads. Instead of WMan: Mario with Master Hand portrait loads. Solo Ice Climber also loads Mario.
This might all just be me, but I don't think so...
Quote from: SuperWeasel99 on January 29, 2016, 02:02:37 AM
I've found a glitch with Jigglypuff. When you try to select one of her costumes, the game freezes. It's the one after the winged Jiggs (not sure what costume it is).
The CSSSlot Config file I posted here should fix the Jigglypuff problem. Just use that until there's an update.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 28, 2016, 04:21:35 PM
Most likely, just set up the config files for their base characters and i believe they wil work fine. (sami is snake, knux is sonic, isaac i havent looked at he might be pit or ike, lyn is marth) if you look at the white shadow models you should be able to tell, its rare those are edited from the base character.
I apologize for the inactivity on updates lately. i've been moving and the place we are living is... less then ideal for a modder. Dx i'm still adjusting. anyway going to update the link to point to PL's download. we will also be providing a link to the codeset later.
Actually i think a majority of vanilla REL's will work fine. if people can test them i'll make a list of what works and what doesn't. that also sounds much more like improper cosmetics. by default all clones go to mario as a base. so that means something isn't set up correctly. i know the ZSS one worked fine, i cloned my sirks before it was stable.
The problem turned out to be stupid. I had the value in Section[8] set to 44 when the character I added into the Roster.dat was 40... The cosmetics switched to Olimar's like I intended, but soft froze upon choosing a stage, so like what Pyotr said, I don't think it'll work with most original Bex modules. If only I knew how it worked so I could do something... u.u
But if you still want a list of modules from the original that don't work, then I'll start it:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: SuperWeasel99 on January 29, 2016, 02:02:37 AM
Found something else: The game freezes when selecting some stages in My Music. Final Destination for example. Must be something wrong with some songs since I played on FD one time and a song played without a name or sound.
This is a form of save corruption that can happen for other reasons. Try loading up Brawl with no hacks and see if My Music still freezes on those stages. If it does, you'll need to use the My Music Reset codes to fix it.
Thanks SemiPsycho for that fix.
And yes. Regular Brawl My Music froze. I found the codes but I have no idea how to work with codes. I'll go do some research about it. :)
Edit: I figured it out! It works now. It also fixed the Gold Pit not having a voice! Thank you for your help!
You're welcome! :)
For others also experiencing problems with music, I found a link with the codes for your convenience:
I believe these are the codes you are looking for:
http://smashboards.com/threads/is-it-my-wii-save-data-disk-or-the-hbc-problems-with-smash.232228/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/is-it-my-wii-save-data-disk-or-the-hbc-problems-with-smash.232228/)
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 29, 2016, 06:47:51 AM
You're welcome! :)
For others also experiencing problems with music, I found a link with the codes for your convenience:
I believe these are the codes you are looking for:
http://smashboards.com/threads/is-it-my-wii-save-data-disk-or-the-hbc-problems-with-smash.232228/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/is-it-my-wii-save-data-disk-or-the-hbc-problems-with-smash.232228/)
lawl cIOS. but yes those codes will fix music corruption. specifically expansion stages do that. if you edit a stgcustom music your save is toast.
yeah, download the codeset hotfix in the DL if you're having my music problems
trying to add an 11th costume for ganondorf through hex editor and keep getting nothing but crashes, any ideas? I have all proper BPs and CSPs.
Quote from: Velhemence on January 30, 2016, 03:27:57 AM
trying to add an 11th costume for ganondorf through hex editor and keep getting nothing but crashes, any ideas? I have all proper BPs and CSPs.
Did you edit his FighterConfig as well, or just the CSSSlotConfig?
Quote from: RedSoul78 on January 30, 2016, 04:48:40 AM
Did you edit his FighterConfig as well, or just the CSSSlotConfig?
I have edited both yes.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 29, 2016, 04:19:01 PM
lawl cIOS. but yes those codes will fix music corruption. specifically expansion stages do that. if you edit a stgcustom music your save is toast.
Would making a backup with save extractor help?
Quote from: Velhemence on January 30, 2016, 05:12:23 AM
I have edited both yes.
Did you forget to put the value "0C" after the new costume?
Stock icon could also be a problem. Also for CSPs there are two places you need to place them in. Did you do both?
Maybe if you're still having problems you could send them to me and I could help.
(https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12640408_510624912452580_6861128596879591477_o.jpg)
Hopefully this can help shed some light on the issue. By the way I have nullified all result screen portraits not just ganondorf's.
I see the problem. In the CSSSlotConfig you forgot to put the last two values before 0C in hexadecimal, so it reads as team 16 and costume 16 instead, when 12 is the max. Try changing "10 10" to "0A 0A". I think that's what you meant to do. Also, if you're adding an 11th costume, uncheck "11" in the FighterConfig, since it counts 0 as the first costume. I'm not quite sure but that might cause a problem as well.
If I wanted to add the Waluigi mod to my Project M using this, how would I do that?? What files would I need to replace/edit/add?
Edit: In fact, how do I set this up at all?
The original Brawlex thread should be able to teach you what you need to know. Just do the same process but using the modules and files from PMDiY. However, you'll still need to download the config files from the original thread.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
Does this work with 16gb sdhc cards? I try to boot it from stage builder and it never starts up.
Hi, me again, I was wondering if someone made it possible to have ASL to work with stage expansion yet.
Quote from: Cyprus on January 31, 2016, 02:53:27 AM
Hi, me again, I was wondering if someone made it possible to have ASL to work with stage expansion yet.
ASL is a stage expansion in its own. i believe its limit is over 2000 stages.
Quote from: TheDarkKnight on January 31, 2016, 02:02:48 AMit will work fine with SDHC cards however hackless (smash stack is the official term for the stage loader method) is only compatible with 2 gig or smaller cards. i recomend using letter bomb or installing the homebrew channel.
Does this work with 16gb sdhc cards? I try to boot it from stage builder and it never starts up.
Is it possible to load alternate stages using stage expansion stages rather than original stages?
Also, when are you planning to release some more modules? Is there a way I can help with that?
What does it exactly mean when you load it up that after the PM bootstrap, that it only shows the now loading for a split second and then it go black and basically crashes?
Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 31, 2016, 04:05:33 PM
What does it exactly mean when you load it up that after the PM bootstrap, that it only shows the now loading for a split second and then it go black and basically crashes?
that can mean several things, from common files being corrupt or the hook is set wrong. make sure AXNextFrame is set. you might need to remove/add files till it happens again.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 31, 2016, 08:19:21 AM
Is it possible to load alternate stages using stage expansion stages rather than original stages?
Also, when are you planning to release some more modules? Is there a way I can help with that?
i believe you can already expand stages to 76 without alts. then each of those 76 stages can have up to 26 more stages on top of it. i don't know much about REL files so when ever PL gets to that.
This is wishful thinking probably on my part, but is it possibly to use other BrawlEx packs (Pikezers 4.4.1) to copy over the exmodules, fighter folders, etc. to your own D.I.Y. build?
I've tried just copying the necessary files but I get the 'Random character Icon freeze' that's described in the BrawlEx thread here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
I know its working however because the other characters load fine.
Quote from: DTrunks on February 01, 2016, 12:34:30 AM
This is wishful thinking probably on my part, but is it possibly to use other BrawlEx packs (Pikezers 4.4.1) to copy over the exmodules, fighter folders, etc. to your own D.I.Y. build?
I've tried just copying the necessary files but I get the 'Random character Icon freeze' that's described in the BrawlEx thread here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
I know its working however because the other characters load fine.
you'll need to use the EXModules I've included in the pack from the "EXModules" folder, figure out which characters are over whom (i.e. if Deadpool's over snake, you'll have to use a ft_snake.rel from my exmodules folder), and edit the EXModules to be linked to the right character id.
As for more EXModules, I'll be releasing more when i have time. R.O.B., Zelda, Samus and Captain Falcon will be first.
Thought so; I see now in earlier posts that vbrawl .rel files aren't compatible. I'll look into figuring out a way to decipher what were the base characters and go from there.
Thanks for the quick reply, and for all of your hard work! My friends and I love this game and I can't wait to surprise them with this.
Out of Stupidity, will this work with it?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210782 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210782)
It mentions a REL, and i'm not sure if the REL in question has been edited.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on February 01, 2016, 07:42:42 PM
Out of Stupidity, will this work with it?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210782 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210782)
It mentions a REL, and i'm not sure if the REL in question has been edited.
no, that's not a stupid question. tbh i don't think that it'll work, but I might be able to convert it to work with BEX in my free time
That'd be extremely nice, i like the aesthetic of it, and i think it'd work well with my current edits.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 30, 2016, 07:07:11 PM
I see the problem. In the CSSSlotConfig you forgot to put the last two values before 0C in hexadecimal, so it reads as team 16 and costume 16 instead, when 12 is the max. Try changing "10 10" to "0A 0A". I think that's what you meant to do. Also, if you're adding an 11th costume, uncheck "11" in the FighterConfig, since it counts 0 as the first costume. I'm not quite sure but that might cause a problem as well.
Sorry for the late reply, thanks! Can't believe I missed that. Also is it even possible to add clones in the most recent build of this yet? all I get is exception errors everytime I try to do virtually anything in the clone tool.
Quote from: Velhemence on February 03, 2016, 05:04:34 AM
Sorry for the late reply, thanks! Can't believe I missed that. Also is it even possible to add clones in the most recent build of this yet? all I get is exception errors everytime I try to do virtually anything in the clone tool.
Your welcome! ;D
However, I wouldn't suggest using the clone tool. There are quite a few problems with it so I've heard. Usually I just do everything manually. Its not that bad once you know what to do.
Oh, also, I found some kind of bug when I was playing. I'm not sure what caused the crash (might have been fox's final smash? Ridley was also in the match), but after I turned on my Wii, it was partially bricked. Turned it off and on again, and its working again, but I made a NAND backup just in case.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on February 03, 2016, 05:53:51 AM
Your welcome! ;D
However, I wouldn't suggest using the clone tool. There are quite a few problems with it so I've heard. Usually I just do everything manually. Its not that bad once you know what to do.
Oh, also, I found some kind of bug when I was playing. I'm not sure what caused the crash (might have been fox's final smash? Ridley was also in the match), but after I turned on my Wii, it was partially bricked. Turned it off and on again, and its working again, but I made a NAND backup just in case.
Partially bricked? what do you mean by that? Unless you happen to mean the thing my wii has been going thru for over a year now xD. there is an issue where the wii won't start with an SD card in the slot after it crashes. seems to have something to do with bootmii tho rather then brawl hacking. at least with my issue.
Quote from: Sirkura on February 03, 2016, 10:17:01 PM
Partially bricked? what do you mean by that? Unless you happen to mean the thing my wii has been going thru for over a year now xD. there is an issue where the wii won't start with an SD card in the slot after it crashes. seems to have something to do with bootmii tho rather then brawl hacking. at least with my issue.
What I mean by partially bricked is that it tells me the Wii system files are corrupted, but I can still enter through safe mode (or whatever its called).
Quote from: SemiPsycho on February 03, 2016, 11:16:44 PM
What I mean by partially bricked is that it tells me the Wii system files are corrupted, but I can still enter through safe mode (or whatever its called).
thats odd. i'll look into it and see if i can recreate it. is your wii soft modded, hard modded, or hackless? Do you ahve Cios installed?
Quote from: Sirkura on February 03, 2016, 10:17:01 PM
Partially bricked? what do you mean by that? Unless you happen to mean the thing my wii has been going thru for over a year now xD. there is an issue where the wii won't start with an SD card in the slot after it crashes. seems to have something to do with bootmii tho rather then brawl hacking. at least with my issue.
Have you ever tried changing the bootmii folder's name to something else?
Quote from: SuperWeasel99 on February 04, 2016, 02:07:04 AM
Have you ever tried changing the bootmii folder's name to something else?
honestly i probably have to uninstall and reinstall it. i use an older bootmii anyway. as it is it doesn't really help me if i doesn't load. tho i personally use sneek for brick protection
Quote from: Sirkura on February 04, 2016, 01:28:16 AM
thats odd. i'll look into it and see if i can recreate it. is your wii soft modded, hard modded, or hackless? Do you ahve Cios installed?
Honestly I don't even remember if I have a custom Cios installed. I probably don't, and my wii is softmodded. Im not sure if this is a biggie though, as my wii gave me the message after trying to enter homebrew channel, but that was only one time. It works fine again now.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on February 04, 2016, 04:26:35 AM
Honestly I don't even remember if I have a custom Cios installed. I probably don't, and my wii is softmodded. Im not sure if this is a biggie though, as my wii gave me the message after trying to enter homebrew channel, but that was only one time. It works fine again now.
hmm may be an issue with HBC then. if it happens again keep me posted.
Quote from: Sirkura on February 04, 2016, 04:51:21 AM
hmm may be an issue with HBC then. if it happens again keep me posted.
Alright.
Does anyone know where I can learn how to modify rel files? Besides porting characters or stages onto others? Iccan't find any tutorials..
Quote from: SemiPsycho on February 04, 2016, 07:15:19 PM
Alright.
Does anyone know where I can learn how to modify rel files? Besides porting characters or stages onto others? Iccan't find any tutorials..
that's because there aren't any tutorials out there right now. when I have time, I might write one up for everyone.
Any idea what is causing this? https://youtu.be/o3_VRN57XIQ
Quote from: Velhemence on February 05, 2016, 04:23:53 PM
Any idea what is causing this? https://youtu.be/o3_VRN57XIQ
In the fighter config, set 'AirJumpCount' to 2.
Yeah, some characters might act like that.
Now, if you're using Lyn (prive PM build) she will have issues, unless you maker her fighter file immitate the one in Marths.
What CSSlot config is Roy under? i'm having a hard time locating it.
can i use this with the classic expansion stages? its my favourite pack ever but it needs more characters so
Expansions stages won't work with ASL. ASL i san expansion on its own. you can use mewtwo2000's asl tool to edit stage lists and add more if you'd like.
Does anyone know what Knuckles and Lyn's announcer and sawnd files are, in PM CC? I'm having trouble setting up their ID's
Quote from: TheDarkKnight on February 14, 2016, 02:49:44 AM
Does anyone know what Knuckles and Lyn's announcer and sawnd files are, in PM CC? I'm having trouble setting up their ID's
Unfortunately i don't, i believe they are using boss data so you may be able to find it by seeing which boss they replace in boss mode. then finding the ID for that boss.
Quote from: TheDarkKnight on February 14, 2016, 02:49:44 AM
Does anyone know what Knuckles and Lyn's announcer and sawnd files are, in PM CC? I'm having trouble setting up their ID's
Lyn: 1FDE
Knux: 1FD5
Isaac: 1FD2
Sami: 1FD4
try copying 220.sawnd, 221.sawnd, 222.sawnd (if it exists), and 223.sawnd into the pf\sfx folder.
So I got the latest version of Project M CC and I noticed Knux's sounds don't go over Porky anymore. Where do they go over now? Is it mixed with Sonic's sawnd file like Mewtwo is with Lucario? I wanna know his soundbank ID to put in the FighterConfig.dat.
Maybe you can try finding out which sawnd files never used to be there, or insert all the sawnd files that you think could have it into a brsar and play back the sounds (although the brsar keeps getting corrupted when I try to add certain sawnds.
Are there any updates on things like modules (Im still hoping for Olimar) and why we have to music reset so often? Or at least that's my case. I use music reset codes about once every 5 times I play, so that makes me worried about stage expansion. Sirkura said that there's no hope for extra stages with music problems.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on February 21, 2016, 07:29:01 AM
Maybe you can try finding out which sawnd files never used to be there, or insert all the sawnd files that you think could have it into a brsar and play back the sounds (although the brsar keeps getting corrupted when I try to add certain sawnds.
Are there any updates on things like modules (Im still hoping for Olimar) and why we have to music reset so often? Or at least that's my case. I use music reset codes about once every 5 times I play, so that makes me worried about stage expansion. Sirkura said that there's no hope for extra stages with music problems.
i recomend not editing music sliders at all for expansion stages. i think libbies stage tool wil edit the mu_menumain.pac to add a red sign to all extra stages. tho if the game has music loading in a standard stage slot that shouldn't be there editing that will corrupt it too.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on February 21, 2016, 07:29:01 AM
Maybe you can try finding out which sawnd files never used to be there, or insert all the sawnd files that you think could have it into a brsar and play back the sounds (although the brsar keeps getting corrupted when I try to add certain sawnds.
Are there any updates on things like modules (Im still hoping for Olimar) and why we have to music reset so often? Or at least that's my case. I use music reset codes about once every 5 times I play, so that makes me worried about stage expansion. Sirkura said that there's no hope for extra stages with music problems.
Either you haven't updated to the latest version of the template codeset or you're doing something weird with stage expansion. try merging stage expansion with the codeset included in the latest version of the BV download.
As for olimar, he's coming soon, very, very soon :)
Thanks to you guys, my new project finally has traction.
If you're interested, you can check it out here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=76166.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=76166.0)
Can we expect a more thorough explanation of how to add characters anytime soon? I spent an entire night trying to port over Pichu and Young Link from Project M+, and no matter how many resources I checked, absolutely could not get them to stop showing up as the crashing 'random' on the CSS.
Got a tad frustrated with it, so I'll have to wait until someone with a clue can explain to me more how to make this work.
:srs:
Quote from: Tyadran on February 21, 2016, 10:18:39 PM
Can we expect a more thorough explanation of how to add characters anytime soon? I spent an entire night trying to port over Pichu and Young Link from Project M+, and no matter how many resources I checked, absolutely could not get them to stop showing up as the crashing 'random' on the CSS.
Got a tad frustrated with it, so I'll have to wait until someone with a clue can explain to me more how to make this work.
:srs:
you'll need to use the gecko launcher (gecko 1.9.3.1) with your hooktype set to AXNextFrame to fix that problem. As for guides, there's one on smashboard's custom content section.
Quote from: Tyadran on February 21, 2016, 10:18:39 PM
Can we expect a more thorough explanation of how to add characters anytime soon? I spent an entire night trying to port over Pichu and Young Link from Project M+, and no matter how many resources I checked, absolutely could not get them to stop showing up as the crashing 'random' on the CSS.
Got a tad frustrated with it, so I'll have to wait until someone with a clue can explain to me more how to make this work.
:srs:
Quote from: PhantomWings on January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM
New CSS Icons show up as Random and crash when highlighting them:
If an icon is shown as Random and is not intended as the regular random icon, then the icon has not been mapped by BrawlEx. This could mean that BrawlEx is not running. Ensure that both the Module/bx_fighter.rel and System/Common2.pac files included in the BrawlEx package are in your patching directory.
Icons periodically switch between proper icons and crashing Random icons between startups.
If you are using GeckoOS or USBLoader GX and BrawlEx periodically fails to start, go into ensure that you have your launcher's hook method to AXNextFrame.
if your using the clone tool thats also likely to happen with the 2.0 config files. don't use it. ever.
:srs:
Just don't.
:srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Sirkura on February 22, 2016, 04:03:56 AM
if your using the clone tool thats also likely to happen with the 2.0 config files. don't use it. ever.
:srs:
Umm...I didn't use the clone tool, though, if you're talking about the program that was supposed to make it easy. I tried to do it by hand like all the tutorials I was looking at, but I can't figure out where I went wrong, because it still doesn't work despite it appearing that I did everything I was supposed to.
Here's the guide Pyotr mentioned:
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-starters-guide-to-using-the-project-m-brawlex-v0-2-build.430430/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/a-starters-guide-to-using-the-project-m-brawlex-v0-2-build.430430/)
It's the one I used and I got my first character in on the first try working perfectly with no issues.
Quote from: Tyadran on February 22, 2016, 04:07:01 AM
Umm...I didn't use the clone tool, though, if you're talking about the program that was supposed to make it easy. I tried to do it by hand like all the tutorials I was looking at, but I can't figure out where I went wrong, because it still doesn't work despite it appearing that I did everything I was supposed to.
If you add cosmetic files wrong it will also mess them up. try seeing if you can get a working clone without them (I.E. base characters cosmetics with no changes)
Oh sorry Pyotr and Sirkura, I meant that i didn't feel like using stage expansion because of how often I have to reset the music, so I'm not using it. I did notice that in Fourside there are two Snowman options... even after using the music reset codes... Does anyone else have it?
I'm just going to try to update to the new codeset and see if that works.
Will you be able to write up a tutorial on making these rels (not just editing section 8) also btw?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on February 24, 2016, 04:49:55 AM
I did notice that in Fourside there are two Snowman options... even after using the music reset codes... Does anyone else have it?
Yeah I have that too. Kinda weird.
How can you call this beta, there aren't many bugs and not a lot more has to be done! Just call the next update 1.0
t
Quote from: SuperWeasel99 on February 24, 2016, 05:27:42 AM
Yeah I have that too. Kinda weird.
hat has to do with the way songs are mapped to new stages. like i said editing songs that arent there originally in the game will make it go corrupt on save. i can guarantee that song is mapped to an expansion stage.
Quote from: TheRealDylanator on February 24, 2016, 05:33:03 PM
How can you call this beta, there aren't many bugs and not a lot more has to be done! Just call the next update 1.0
We are still finding bugs here and there regardless of how minor. Also not all the modules are finished yet.
Quote from: Sirkura on February 27, 2016, 02:17:13 AM
that has to do with the way songs are mapped to new stages. like i said editing songs that arent there originally in the game will make it go corrupt on save. i can guarantee that song is mapped to an expansion stage.
But I'm not using stage expansion, I think that Fourside just replaces New Pork City and turns NPC into an alternate stage. Is it possible that it is related to ALS?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on February 27, 2016, 05:07:05 AM
But I'm not using stage expansion, I think that Fourside just replaces New Pork City and turns NPC into an alternate stage. Is it possible that it is related to ALS?
ASL has its own expansion coding built in. so its very likely, or they may have another alt that takes music from there as well. you can pretty much map any song to play over any stage, from any location.
So, this comes with PM 3.6?
Why yes sir it does
Hi! So there's a problem with the Hackless version where it crashes as soon as the intro ends. Is there a way to fix that? I'm using the build from the old thread because I don't know if the current version has a Hackless version.
Hey been following this for awhile and finally got this. Nice work I've been waiting to use this for awhile. I notice a problem with Roy and Mewtwo. They have the wrong victory music. They are switched around. Can someone help me fix this? Also, Ridley doesn't have his stock icons in the results screen but I know how to fix that so no problem. Just the victory music for Mewtwo and Roy I need help with and if someone knows how to change Ridley's victory theme to match Metroid characters that would be helpful as well.
Quote from: Blazin Life Bandicoot on March 05, 2016, 07:49:30 AM
Hey been following this for awhile and finally got this. Nice work I've been waiting to use this for awhile. I notice a problem with Roy and Mewtwo. They have the wrong victory music. They are switched around. Can someone help me fix this? Also, Ridley doesn't have his stock icons in the results screen but I know how to fix that so no problem. Just the victory music for Mewtwo and Roy I need help with and if someone knows how to change Ridley's victory theme to match Metroid characters that would be helpful as well.
I just checked to see if it happens to me and it does. I tried switching the victory themes for Slot3F and Slot40 and nothing happened! I'm kinda stumped now...
But I did make Ridley have the Metroid victory theme:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wzz5lht7imde10c/Slot43.dat (http://www.mediafire.com/download/wzz5lht7imde10c/Slot43.dat)
Thank you for the help. Now there's just the problem with Mewtwo and Roy's victory music
Quote from: Blazin Life Bandicoot on March 06, 2016, 10:15:54 PM
Thank you for the help. Now there's just the problem with Mewtwo and Roy's victory music
I'll keep working on it. Did you find the solution to the result screen?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on March 07, 2016, 12:42:58 AM
I'll keep working on it. Did you find the solution to the result screen?
For Ridley's stock icons? Yeah I fixed that. If you're talking about the victory music of Roy and Mewtwo I have no clue what's going on there.
Quote from: Blazin Life Bandicoot on March 07, 2016, 03:59:56 AM
For Ridley's stock icons? Yeah I fixed that. If you're talking about the victory music of Roy and Mewtwo I have no clue what's going on there.
Could you tell us what you did or send us your STGRESULT.pac? :3
I saw in Ridley's cosmetic config that his ID for portraits and icons is 41 in decimal, so in the results pac it should go InfStock.411-418 right? I tried adding those into MiscData120 and all of his icons were still the same Toon Link icon in the results screen.
The ID for victory music is in SlotConfig, and I was pretty confident that SlotConfig3F and 40 belonged to Mewtwo and Roy... so I tried editing those and literally nothing changed in game.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on March 07, 2016, 05:14:46 AM
Could you tell us what you did or send us your STGRESULT.pac? :3
I saw in Ridley's cosmetic config that his ID for portraits and icons is 41 in decimal, so in the results pac it should go InfStock.411-418 right? I tried adding those into MiscData120 and all of his icons were still the same Toon Link icon in the results screen.
The ID for victory music is in SlotConfig, and I was pretty confident that SlotConfig3F and 40 belonged to Mewtwo and Roy... so I tried editing those and literally nothing changed in game.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_SjOt6wl7okajUyaDc2M0pvSUU/view?usp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_SjOt6wl7okajUyaDc2M0pvSUU/view?usp=sharing)
Here is the link. However, you may need to edit Mario's stock icons to what were originally since I changed his costumes.
You add the stock images in MiscData120 named InfStc.411, InfStc.412...etc. Then go to MiscData110/AnmTexPat/InfStockface_TopN_0/stock_lambert87/Texture0. In there you have to make a new entry and name them Inf.Stc.411, InfStc. 412..etc just like the stock images. and make sure the frame index matches the number and underneath that the texture and palette should say Inf.Stc.411...Inf.Stc.412 etc
Hope this helps and I'm not sure if 3F and 40 are the slots for Mewtwo and Roy. It may be one of the other ones.
I also edited Ridley on the character select menu so that the announcer doesn't say anything and he roars like Bowser instead of saying "The fight is on" like Pit on the Wii remote. Do you want that as well?
Quote from: Blazin Life Bandicoot on March 07, 2016, 05:42:25 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_SjOt6wl7okajUyaDc2M0pvSUU/view?usp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_SjOt6wl7okajUyaDc2M0pvSUU/view?usp=sharing)
Here is the link. However, you may need to edit Mario's stock icons to what were originally since I changed his costumes.
You add the stock images in MiscData120 named InfStc.411, InfStc.412...etc. Then go to MiscData110/AnmTexPat/InfStockface_TopN_0/stock_lambert87/Texture0. In there you have to make a new entry and name them Inf.Stc.411, InfStc. 412..etc just like the stock images. and make sure the frame index matches the number and underneath that the texture and palette should say Inf.Stc.411...Inf.Stc.412 etc
Hope this helps and I'm not sure if 3F and 40 are the slots for Mewtwo and Roy. It may be one of the other ones.
Ohhhh ok I just missed the AnmTexPat part. Thanks that helped!
And sure we could use your CSS edits! Wouldn't it be cool if someone were willing to do announcer calls requests? Right now I'm relying on my crappy sentence mixing skills... I also plan to modify the boss Ridley's sound effects some so I can use it for the clone Ridley using Brawlbox. However, the program's been giving me some issues a.k.a freezing in either BrawlBox itself or right when the game starts.
Also, I just fixed Mewtwo's and Roy's win theme. I'm going to upload it now.
Here's the download:
Actually, I'm just going to make a folder in Google Drive with all of the fixes I've made and I'll update that if need be:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9qhAVo4w1zTLXpoNHViSVlUZzA&usp=sharing
MKing579, I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with hackless hacks. Maybe you installed it incorrectly? But definitely give the new version a shot.
Oh hey! A couple things, if you don't mind. First off, you all are doing great, keep up the great work! Secondly, are you possibly getting this compatible with Retro/N64 mode? Thirdly, are you working on getting this for module so more character variety can be open or is that the BrawlEx team's job?
Lastly, I love to contribute, is there anything I could possibly do to help?
Quote from: Cyprus on March 08, 2016, 01:01:03 AM
Oh hey! A couple things, if you don't mind. First off, you all are doing great, keep up the great work! Secondly, are you possibly getting this compatible with Retro/N64 mode? Thirdly, are you working on getting this for module so more character variety can be open or is that the BrawlEx team's job?
Lastly, I love to contribute, is there anything I could possibly do to help?
Hey Cyprus! I don't think that Sirkura and Pyotr plan on adding any features to project m except being able to add characters via BrawlEx. Pyotr is working on the modules, but it seems he hasn't had time to show us how he makes them. I'm not "officially" working on the project, just fixing bugs here and there, so I don't exactly know what elsethey need help with.
Sounds good, if any of you need help on someone and need some assistance, I could gladly try my best to help out to the best of my abilities! Whether it may be big, or it may be small.
So I tried adding Little Mac over Jigglypuff into PMDIY, and every time Little Mac and Jigglypuff are in the same match, the game freezes right before the announcer says "GO!" Does anyone here know why? Could it be a problem with the FitCharacter.pac files interrupting each other somehow?
try disabling the entry in the fighter config
Woah. Just noticed 0.4 has been released. Cool!
I'm probably the only one noticing this so late. Lol
Quote from: Mr.ryuzaki L on March 13, 2016, 04:19:16 AM
try disabling the entry in the fighter config
Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. Thanks though!
Quote from: SuperWeasel99 on March 14, 2016, 06:16:11 AM
Woah. Just noticed 0.4 has been released. Cool!
I'm probably the only one noticing this so late. Lol
Nope, I only checked because you mentioned it. Wouldn't have realized without you. I hope "Jiggs" is Jigglypuff, and it fixes the problem I'm having!
On second thought, I can't get it to work. All the clones show up as either random or Mario, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also, in v0.4 there are some config files that never used to be there that interfere with the files I have for my clones.
On third thought, I just replaced any files that could be problematic with the ones from the new update into my current setup and it seemed to have worked, except now Jigglypuff doesn't have any sound unless Little Mac is in the match, but that's a lot less significant problem.
Quote from: Cyprus on March 08, 2016, 01:01:03 AM
Oh hey! A couple things, if you don't mind. First off, you all are doing great, keep up the great work! Secondly, are you possibly getting this compatible with Retro/N64 mode? Thirdly, are you working on getting this for module so more character variety can be open or is that the BrawlEx team's job?
Lastly, I love to contribute, is there anything I could possibly do to help?
When N64 mode is released, it will have fully compatibility with BrawlEX.
Additionally, the victory theme issue will be fixed in the next official version.
As for the question about modules, these are the characters that don't even have beta versions as of right now:
*Yoshi
*Ice Climbers
*Wario
*G+W
*Pokemon Trainer Pokemon
*Kirby
Of those characters, the only ones I ever expect to do are the first three in that list: Yoshi, Iceclimbers and Wario. Kirby would be hell to do given how many character-specific commands he has throughout the game. G+W has a ridiculous number of articles, and the PT pokemon would not be fun to patch. So, I don't think that those three will ever have EXModules. The only one that I could see happening would be G+W of these particularly problematic characters.
Yoshi and Wario are feasible, and those are the first two I plan to do after I release the fixed beta modules. Fox has been finished, and DK just needs to have a minor bug fixed. The Ice Climbers could be done, but they may require gecko codes to work properly (the same goes for G+W)
Hold L and select Pikachu...
Hey Sikura, or anyone really. Can you tell me the CSSlot IDs for Mewtwo and Roy? It would be even better if there was a list of some sort available with all of there IDs. I know I struggled even looking for their fighter IDs. Unfortunately its not that obvious opening it in a hex editor.
Quote from: EnKaYea on March 24, 2016, 05:13:21 AM
Hey Sikura, or anyone really. Can you tell me the CSSlot IDs for Mewtwo and Roy? It would be even better if there was a list of some sort available with all of there IDs. I know I struggled even looking for their fighter IDs. Unfortunately its not that obvious opening it in a hex editor.
i'm 85% sure that Roy and Mewtwo are CSSlot2D and CSSSlot2E, respectively. Their IDs are unaligned, just as they are in PM's clone engine.
About that sound problem I was having earlier, it seems to be occurring with several characters. It happened to me again with Luigi and Waluigi, but Waluigi is over Pit, so now I'm just confused.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on March 24, 2016, 03:38:59 PM
About that sound problem I was having earlier, it seems to be occurring with several characters. It happened to me again with Luigi and Waluigi, but Waluigi is over Pit, so now I'm just confused.
what is the sound problem again, exactly?
If two characters are in a match, one of them have no sound for the rest of the game session until the wii is restarted.
Quote from: SemiPsycho on March 24, 2016, 07:57:37 PM
If two characters are in a match, one of them have no sound for the rest of the game session until the wii is restarted.
Actually, I've been able to fix the sound problem by simply selecting a different character and then switching back every match. (That includes other players and coms, everyone switches to a new character and then switches back)
I'm including some clones in another build, other than porting files i need the brawlex code to put in the build's .gct, or else i'll lose all the already mapped alt stages and songs. What's exactly the code JUST for brawlex?
Quote from: Chinaski on March 25, 2016, 08:19:33 AM
I'm including some clones in another build, other than porting files i need the brawlex code to put in the build's .gct, or else i'll lose all the already mapped alt stages and songs. What's exactly the code JUST for brawlex?
The only code BeX uses is a modified filepatch code to find the bx_fighter.rel. The rest is all coded inside that module. you can find it in the original BeX Download by phantom wings.
Alright, this is mostly a Project M 3.6 CC based question, but what is Sami's .sawnd file? I can't figure out which one it is and trial and error only get's me so far :/.
Got it but...what's that modified filepatch code?
I mean, if you're referring to a specific, single code in the .gct, how can i know which it is if all the code is unknown? I have the bx_fighter.rel, already set up my clones, but i need pm+bex's .gct file, so i assume the needed code is there.
Quote from: Chinaski on March 27, 2016, 12:31:27 PM
Got it but...what's that modified filepatch code?
I mean, if you're referring to a specific, single code in the .gct, how can i know which it is if all the code is unknown? I have the bx_fighter.rel, already set up my clones, but i need pm+bex's .gct file, so i assume the needed code is there.
Maybe look for the code that both starts and ends with the line "E0000000 80008000"?
Quote from: SemiPsycho on March 27, 2016, 08:28:54 PM
Maybe look for the code that both starts and ends with the line "E0000000 80008000"?
Even simpler. lol download the files from phantomwings threads in coding. this thread already assumes most of you have done that kinda thing anyway. the code is in the read me file.
the link is under the credits section for content used in the OP.
here is a direct link to the BeX thread for convienience:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
Found it, thank you. I'll try to use it and report back
Great work! I went ahead and put in Waluigi since you guys already have most of him setup.
One thing though is that he can't dash dance.
I imagine that the clones I put in that aren't meant for Project M can't dash dance either.
Is there anything I can do to make it so they can dash dance? Or will I have to wait for the Project M version of Waluigi to come out?
Quote from: JrFilipino on March 29, 2016, 10:35:01 PM
Great work! I went ahead and put in Waluigi since you guys already have most of him setup.
One thing though is that he can't dash dance.
I imagine that the clones I put in that aren't meant for Project M can't dash dance either.
Is there anything I can do to make it so they can dash dance? Or will I have to wait for the Project M version of Waluigi to come out?
Other clones that are meant to work for brawl won't be able to dash dance either. Wait for Marioking64ds to release Waluigi if you want a proper PM Waluigi. You might change some things with Project Smash Attacks in order to get the dash dance working but i think there's actually more to it. Pyotr has a Waluigi that can dashdance, I saw it in one of his videos.
Is anybody else having a problem where the result screen announcer doesn't call the name of a clone even though you changed it in the SlotConfig? It's happening to me with all the clones, and I don't know why. The character selection screen works though (except for the fact that I replaced sfx in "Watch" for announcer calls, and those sfx don't automatically have the announcer echo effect added to them).
Quote from: SemiPsycho on April 06, 2016, 03:35:39 AM
Is anybody else having a problem where the result screen announcer doesn't call the name of a clone even though you changed it in the SlotConfig? It's happening to me with all the clones, and I don't know why. The character selection screen works though (except for the fact that I replaced sfx in "Watch" for announcer calls, and those sfx don't automatically have the announcer echo effect added to them).
had this problem before. the fighter config files also have announcer data as well iirc. i changed two files to receive the desired effect, and i'm pretty sure those were the fighter and slots files. try the fighter files as well
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on April 06, 2016, 06:37:47 PM
had this problem before. the fighter config files also have announcer data as well iirc. i changed two files to receive the desired effect, and i'm pretty sure those were the fighter and slots files. try the fighter files as well
I couldn't find anything in the FighterConfig files. I changed two files, but I modified the SlotConfig and the CosmeticConfig. On regular brawl the result screen works fine.
Can I get The Brawl ex codes and the codes that make it compatible with PM? (Without .GCT File)
Post Merge: April 06, 2016, 11:58:40 PM
Quote from: The Bluefire Channel on April 06, 2016, 09:09:14 PM
Can I get The Brawl ex codes and the codes that make it compatible with PM? (Without .GCT File) I'm Currently developing a mod for Project M called "Project M Bluefire Edition". I want t add at least Waluigi or Ridley.
Thanks!
in the next release of the template, I'll add a text codeset for all those asking for one.
The project looks great, and is exactly what I was hoping would eventually release to let me make a nice custom personal build of PM! That said, I'm a little confused by how to set everything up here.
Basically what I'm hoping to reach in the end is a build that includes the base Project M roster + Knuckles/Lyn/Isaac/Sami (though the latter two I can live without) + Ridley + Waluigi + Project Ganondorf.
How would I start making this happen? Brawl EX has confused me for a while, so any guide or advice on the process of adding characters on top of PM would be much appreciated.
Alright, so I just now got around to updating to v4 of this project and now the roster's not even there? I just replaced all my files to the new update's files and now the roster's gone.
Quote from: Xaranid on April 10, 2016, 05:40:15 PM
The project looks great, and is exactly what I was hoping would eventually release to let me make a nice custom personal build of PM! That said, I'm a little confused by how to set everything up here.
Basically what I'm hoping to reach in the end is a build that includes the base Project M roster + Knuckles/Lyn/Isaac/Sami (though the latter two I can live without) + Ridley + Waluigi + Project Ganondorf.
How would I start making this happen? Brawl EX has confused me for a while, so any guide or advice on the process of adding characters on top of PM would be much appreciated.
Well, Ridley is already done for you, and Waluigi is almost done. All you have to do for Waluigi (I don't know if most of his files is in the new version) is download the custom character on the vault, and move the "waluigi" folder inside fighter to the fighter folder on your SD card. Then, open CSSRoster.dat with Config Utility (can be downloaded on the original BrawlEx post), add another slot to Icons and Random, and type in the value 60, since that is the default fighter ID for Waluigi, unless you want to change it.
For other characters, the tutorial on the BrawlEx post is going to explain it better than I can here. Creating the clones isn't as difficult and/or time consuming as inserting all the required textures to make the clone appear like the new character on things like the character select and result screen.
Quote from: Cyprus on April 10, 2016, 10:52:50 PM
Alright, so I just now got around to updating to v4 of this project and now the roster's not even there? I just replaced all my files to the new update's files and now the roster's gone.
Maybe one or more of these are the issue:
1. You are not using the new codeset.
2. Your files are still in the old directory.
3. CSSRoster.dat is missing.
4. Murphy's Law declares that you can not replace a large quantity of files at once and still work properly without troubleshooting.
By the way, does anyone think they have a solution to the result screen announcer call problem?
Quote from: Cyprus on April 10, 2016, 10:52:50 PM
Alright, so I just now got around to updating to v4 of this project and now the roster's not even there? I just replaced all my files to the new update's files and now the roster's gone.
you need to replace the .gct, bx_fighter.rel, common2.pac, and common3.pac
Quote from: ALM5252 on April 15, 2016, 10:20:29 AM
I added the unfinished Project M characters.
This is my build atm. (video is outdated though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksyXg3XCPUc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksyXg3XCPUc)
------
I'd also like to thank the Team that managed to get BrawlEX working with Project M. Amazingly, I "mastered" the process of BrawlEX pretty quickly (not that its too hard already). I remember a few months back or even a year or two when BrawlEX just came out I didn't know how to use it at all. lol
So a personal thanks to everyone that managed to get it to work with Project M! :)
while I don't agree with the leaked content in your build, I'm glad that you finally learned how to add cosmetics.
Hey, Sirkura, i like the 0.4 update. and it fixes a lot of issues i had.
But can you add the Stage Expansion template? as like a standard part of the build, it's kind of annoying having to reinject it into the GCT, and of course edit things with the new build.
EDIT:
Because you moved things into the custom PM folder, the Stage Expansion mod, (the PM 36 modded special one)
Does not read the mods i think, either way it does not work anymore. I can do without the custom stages temporarily, but some of them are essential for the extra characers i do haev. i'd like someone to add said code in for me. (or modify it to work.) (I also have other codes i'd like in too.)
(let me reiterate, teh icons do not show up in the stage manager, it shows up as red squares, but i do know it works on the older build i have, by showing the actual icons. i welcome the changes, but i must have extra stages.)
Code can be Found Here
http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/)
The custom codes i'd like added.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on April 24, 2016, 08:06:41 AM
Hey, Sirkura, i like the 0.4 update. and it fixes a lot of issues i had.
But can you add the Stage Expansion template? as like a standard part of the build, it's kind of annoying having to reinject it into the GCT, and of course edit things with the new build.
EDIT:
Because you moved things into the custom PM folder, the Stage Expansion mod, (the PM 36 modded special one)
Does not read the mods i think, either way it does not work anymore. I can do without the custom stages temporarily, but some of them are essential for the extra characers i do haev. i'd like someone to add said code in for me. (or modify it to work.) (I also have other codes i'd like in too.)
(let me reiterate, teh icons do not show up in the stage manager, it shows up as red squares, but i do know it works on the older build i have, by showing the actual icons. i welcome the changes, but i must have extra stages.)
Code can be Found Here
http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/)
The custom codes i'd like added.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Actually ASL is 100% working in this build. Have fun with up to 2500 stages, (even that many on the vault? xD) >.> there is a tool by M2K that adds stages and codes to the GCT. PMXP uses it. i'll have to look for the link. but its a lot better to use then the traditional expansion template. as it allows button combinations to load a new stages, (up to 27 per icon), and you can use different REL files as a base. its already included in the codeset. i might post a few useful links in the OP later when i get time, i keep getting people asking for help with adding clones, codes, and various tutorials and programs.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742)
m2k's ASL tool for stages. the sound effect code likely can be added normally. the icon one may conflict with BeX. i can't really test it atm.
Quote from: Sirkura on April 24, 2016, 07:34:06 PM
Actually ASL is 100% working in this build. Have fun with up to 2500 stages, (even that many on the vault? xD) >.> there is a tool by M2K that adds stages and codes to the GCT. PMXP uses it. i'll have to look for the link. but its a lot better to use then the traditional expansion template. as it allows button combinations to load a new stages, (up to 27 per icon), and you can use different REL files as a base. its already included in the codeset. i might post a few useful links in the OP later when i get time, i keep getting people asking for help with adding clones, codes, and various tutorials and programs.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21742)
m2k's ASL tool for stages. the sound effect code likely can be added normally. the icon one may conflict with BeX. i can't really test it atm.
Well, i found out how to make the Expansion work, i just put the code below all the other codes, and it recognized them. had to inject it manually.
But i don't think ASL tool works well with your version of the code. It doesn't recognize all the stages and edits done.
Quote from: Ultraxwing on April 24, 2016, 09:51:06 PM
Well, i found out how to make the Expansion work, i just put the code below all the other codes, and it recognized them. had to inject it manually.
But i don't think ASL tool works well with your version of the code. It doesn't recognize all the stages and edits done.
hmm i'll ask hyperlink about it. we might also be able to edit the tool at some point if we get permission. thanks for letting me know. the ASL code might also conflict with the expansion code. i havent really tested it. let me know what you find.
Post Merge: April 26, 2016, 07:18:31 PM
Quote from: Sirkura on April 25, 2016, 03:44:24 AM
hmm i'll ask hyperlink about it. we might also be able to edit the tool at some point if we get permission. thanks for letting me know. the ASL code might also conflict with the expansion code. i havent really tested it. let me know what you find.
Just following up, it seems the coding in the tool is fine. we havent had any issues with it. what stages are you having trouble with?
Quote from: Sirkura on April 25, 2016, 03:44:24 AM
hmm i'll ask hyperlink about it. we might also be able to edit the tool at some point if we get permission. thanks for letting me know. the ASL code might also conflict with the expansion code. i havent really tested it. let me know what you find.
Post Merge: April 26, 2016, 07:18:31 PM
Just following up, it seems the coding in the tool is fine. we havent had any issues with it. what stages are you having trouble with?
Not so sure, the tool confuses me a little. and it doesn't seem to display all the stages on the roster. There is a video on it, which i'm aboot to watch.
Also, i've asked this before, but Where is Roy's CSSSlotconfig file?
ITs the same as PM's Roy ID, unfortunately i don't remember off the top of my head. look at the roster.dat you can find roys info off it that way pretty easily.
Post Merge: May 01, 2016, 12:33:45 AM
Updated to v0.5 ^^
I'm having issues adding in 4 clones in particular: In this order, there's a Toon Link clone on 3F, a Sonic clone on 40, a Pit clone on 41, and a Marth clone on 42 (I had plans for a Falco clone, but he's currently not supported). I have all of the dat files ready (minus cosmetic changes, as I lack a hex editor), as well as the rel files (based on ones given in the templates). Issue being, when adding the files into their respective folders and booting up Project M, I find that my added clones aren't showing up on the roster. Am I missing a step (besides the changes that require a hexadecimal editor)? I'm theorizing it might be something to do with my editing on the rel files, as I only changed the first line in section 8 with the module editor.
Quote from: KorytheMaril on May 01, 2016, 02:18:21 AM
I'm having issues adding in 4 clones in particular: In this order, there's a Toon Link clone on 3F, a Sonic clone on 40, a Pit clone on 41, and a Marth clone on 42 (I had plans for a Falco clone, but he's currently not supported). I have all of the dat files ready (minus cosmetic changes, as I lack a hex editor), as well as the rel files (based on ones given in the templates). Issue being, when adding the files into their respective folders and booting up Project M, I find that my added clones aren't showing up on the roster. Am I missing a step (besides the changes that require a hexadecimal editor)? I'm theorizing it might be something to do with my editing on the rel files, as I only changed the first line in section 8 with the module editor.
have you edited the roster.dat? you need to set the menu to read the cahracters you added. if the rel files were wrong it would just crash on match up.
I can't get the brawl ex codes to work. Do I put the Brawl ex characters in private>wii>rsbe or with all the characters in the normal pf folder. I'm also using A stage expansion with 36 stages. Is that causing the problem? Because I don't want to remove the stage expansion.
At least send me a .GCT file with the normal Project M codes, Brawl ex attached to it, and A stage expansion with 36 stages.
EDIT: Never mind. But I can't get Brawl Ex to work Properly.
Quote from: The Bluefire Channel on May 01, 2016, 01:45:35 PM
I can't get the brawl ex codes to work. Do I put the Brawl ex characters in private>wii>rsbe or with all the characters in the normal pf folder. I'm also using A stage expansion with 36 stages. Is that causing the problem? Because I don't want to remove the stage expansion.
At least send me a .GCT file with the normal Project M codes, Brawl ex attached to it, and A stage expansion with 36 stages.
Thanks!
>.> that is what this project is.... all you have to do is add the characters. there is a stage template in the second post under useful downloads. look at the useful downloads section and there are various tutorials as well.
Heyyy, um... Is there a mirror for V0.5? Like for a Mediafire download? MEGA is iffy...
When you make updates is it the gct thats updated?
Quote from: Sirkura on May 02, 2016, 03:57:35 AM
>.> that is what this project is.... all you have to do is add the characters. there is a stage template in the second post under useful downloads. look at the useful downloads section and there are various tutorials as well.
It still doesn't work. It just takes away some slots and makes it the normal Brawl roster (But STG expansion still works). Maybe i'm not doing something right. I even watched tutorials and they are not working. Help!
Can I have the smashbros_sound.brsar? I wanted to make new announcer calls for my clones while still keeping the SFX.
Do any of you know how to add the second team colors ?
Such as Fox , Falco , link, wolf ...
I have seen that in this project has been added the Dry Bowser and I would like to do the same for other characters
Thank you
Post Merge: May 13, 2016, 11:58:08 AM
I try to add this combination to CSS Slot Config Lucario but does not accept secondary team colors .
I added this code :
01 06 00 07 03 08 04 09 00 0C
(http://i.imgur.com/FZ2mQQM.jpg)
Quote from: gtoribio89 on May 13, 2016, 11:38:16 AM
Do any of you know how to add the second team colors ?
Such as Fox , Falco , link, wolf ...
I have seen that in this project has been added the Dry Bowser and I would like to do the same for other characters
Thank you
Post Merge: May 13, 2016, 11:58:08 AM
I try to add this combination to CSS Slot Config Lucario but does not accept secondary team colors .
I added this code :
01 06 00 07 03 08 04 09 00 0C
(http://i.imgur.com/FZ2mQQM.jpg)
Thats a bit more complicated. BeX won't register more then one team color. but the alt costume engine PM uses does. there are tutorials on smash boards, but i've never done it myself.
Quote from: Pinball Wizard on May 05, 2016, 05:59:33 AM
Heyyy, um... Is there a mirror for V0.5? Like for a Mediafire download? MEGA is iffy...
i actually plan on hosting it on my Gdrive at some point. i just havent had time to back up and upload it yet. it will make it a lot faster to update then reuploading in bulk each time.
Quote from: Indomitable Kirby on May 11, 2016, 04:41:04 PM
Can I have the smashbros_sound.brsar? I wanted to make new announcer calls for my clones while still keeping the SFX.
You can find all the files in the iso here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=32962.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=32962.0)
i'll update the useful links section with it later.
Quote from: Charx on May 06, 2016, 07:29:18 PM
It still doesn't work. It just takes away some slots and makes it the normal Brawl roster (But STG expansion still works). Maybe i'm not doing something right. I even watched tutorials and they are not working. Help!
That means either config files are not edited, or you have not edited the roster.dat to show the characters. I suggest asking in the BeX thread. I'm sure they can help you more with basics, or in pyotrs tutorial thread. Both are in the useful links section on first page.
Why does the PMEX+Stage Expansion shrink the character roster? It doesn't even add the characters I put in there. I watched tutorials several times and they're not working.
I'm using Dolphin to test this just in case if anything goes wrong.
Is there a guide to editing CSSSlot so you can change the oreder to how you want?
Quote from: SylveonPlaysSSB on May 16, 2016, 08:44:27 PM
Is there a guide to editing CSSSlot so you can change the oreder to how you want?
You actually want the roster.dat. it determins order. The BeX thread tells you how to do it and gives you the tools needed.
I have a question, there isn't any Slot ID for Ganondorf. Does he not need this to make a clone?
Quote from: SSBfangamer on May 22, 2016, 11:58:16 AM
I have a question, there isn't any Slot ID for Ganondorf. Does he not need this to make a clone?
He should have one. i'll look into it. it may be missing from the download.
Ok, this might be a weird request... but can someone make a pack for me? I've tried BrawlEx before, and I've tried it with this, but it never works.. so could someone set one up for me? I just need the clones, I can add the movesets and all, but I just need someone to set it up. I need at least
two link clones,
one toon link clone,
one Zelda clone (If thats possible)
one ness
one lucas
One Captain Falcon
one ike and
one marth
If someone could make this, which they probably won't, i would be really thankful
Quote from: ALM5252 on May 23, 2016, 06:06:01 PM
Add him as an L-Loading Alt like Giga Bowser or Wario-Man.
http://smashboards.com/threads/pyotrluzhins-lab.434012/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/pyotrluzhins-lab.434012/)
I got a question,
Can you use L-loading to make the character having custom colors? (ex. Blue, Red, Yellow, etc.)
Quote from: Charx on June 18, 2016, 01:27:38 AM
I got a question,
Can you use L-loading to make the character having custom colors? (ex. Blue, Red, Yellow, etc.)
Yes and no. it maps a clone to an existing slot and loads it by holding a shield button. so you could copy a PSA and files over the original and just alter the costumes. however there is a way to add extra alt colors in the same fashion PM did it. also there are tutorials how to expand the roster to 10 costumes each (and 12-14 are being worked on)
here is a tutorial i personally use. he also has all the configs set up for 10 costumes (honestly never tried those with PM, i recomend changing it from scratch so you know how anyway for clones)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.0)
Hi. I have two questions.
I saw that you guys updated your build. That's awesome but if I want to continue using the files I already have would I have to replace everything from the previous version of the build that I'm using in order to update it or are there certain files that I can replace to gain the improvements in the current version? Such as the RSBE01.gct.
Another one is regarding the ASL code. Does it fully work with this build because I've have tried to use the ASL tool but it says that the code is not there and when I try to set it up it doesn't work on the specific stage and the other stages do not work. Is there something special I have to do for this build? Or is it just project M in general? I had the idea that I would have to set it up for every stage using the ASL tool but I just wanted to check here first.
Quote from: EnKaYea on June 19, 2016, 01:10:57 AM
Hi. I have two questions.
I saw that you guys updated your build. That's awesome but if I want to continue using the files I already have would I have to replace everything from the previous version of the build that I'm using in order to update it or are there certain files that I can replace to gain the improvements in the current version? Such as the RSBE01.gct.
Another one is regarding the ASL code. Does it fully work with this build because I've have tried to use the ASL tool but it says that the code is not there and when I try to set it up it doesn't work on the specific stage and the other stages do not work. Is there something special I have to do for this build? Or is it just project M in general? I had the idea that I would have to set it up for every stage using the ASL tool but I just wanted to check here first.
Try using this tutorial. I used it just now and it works just fine! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAN09n6iGg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAN09n6iGg)
Quote from: Charx on June 18, 2016, 02:52:52 PM
Thanks but I actually meant if there's a way to alter the Hold Z for Dark Characters v2 (Emerald Spectrum) code to make it a custom color. I personally want the colors to go between Blue and Green.
Here is the code:
C268478C 00000013
91220018 9142001C
7C7D1B78 801801B4
2C000000 41820060
801801DC 2C000000
41800054 2C0000F0
4182004C 39200001
3C60805A A143003A
7D290030 7D2A5039
40820034 80630040
540A3032 7C635214
8803027C 80630244
7C000775 40820018
38000010 7C600039
4182000C 38600001
48000008 38600000
3DE00004 61EF3AD8
7C6FA12E 81220018
8142001C 7FA3EB78
60000000 00000000
4A000000 90180F20
300436F8 00000001
1000009D 0000000C
100000B3 00000008
100000B2 00000001
E0000000 80008000
4A000000 90180F7C
300436F8 00000001
1000009D 0000000C
100000B3 00000008
100000B2 00000001
E0000000 80008000
4A000000 90180FD8
300436F8 00000001
1000009D 0000000C
100000B3 00000008
100000B2 00000001
E0000000 80008000
4A000000 90181034
300436F8 00000001
1000009D 0000000C
100000B3 00000008
100000B2 00000001
E0000000 80008000
Technically emerald is just another costume used for subspace. it should be possible to just switch out a "fit[char]dark.pac/pcs" and load what ever you want. same with fake characters.
Quote from: EnKaYea on June 19, 2016, 01:10:57 AM
Hi. I have two questions.
I saw that you guys updated your build. That's awesome but if I want to continue using the files I already have would I have to replace everything from the previous version of the build that I'm using in order to update it or are there certain files that I can replace to gain the improvements in the current version? Such as the RSBE01.gct.
Another one is regarding the ASL code. Does it fully work with this build because I've have tried to use the ASL tool but it says that the code is not there and when I try to set it up it doesn't work on the specific stage and the other stages do not work. Is there something special I have to do for this build? Or is it just project M in general? I had the idea that I would have to set it up for every stage using the ASL tool but I just wanted to check here first.
ASL works but the tool is only partially compatible. due to the changes in code i believe. one thing you can do is make a new ASL code with the tool in a blank .txt file and add stages. then manually copy the stage data to the BeX one. the core coding should be the same aside the pointers.
Quote from: Sirkura on June 28, 2016, 05:59:54 AM
Technically emerald is just another costume used for subspace. it should be possible to just switch out a "fit[char]dark.pac/pcs" and load what ever you want. same with fake characters.
ASL works but the tool is only partially compatible. due to the changes in code i believe. one thing you can do is make a new ASL code with the tool in a blank .txt file and add stages. then manually copy the stage data to the BeX one. the core coding should be the same aside the pointers.
I just tried it with a character and it did not work. I tried it with Captain Falcon. Does the method you gave me works for all characters in the game or the only ones that have their dark costume for the Subspace Emissary in Brawl that is in the disk?
Quote from: Charx on June 29, 2016, 10:51:44 PM
I just tried it with a character and it did not work. I tried it with Captain Falcon. Does the method you gave me works for all characters in the game or the only ones that have their dark costume for the Subspace Emissary in Brawl that is in the disk?
By default only ones that have those costumes i believe. however by ex editing you may be able to redirect BeX to an emerald costume. but i don't know exactly how you would do that myself. someone in the official BeX thread may know. i know its possible to get 14 costumes total for some characters. so they have definately looked into it.
So I have a major issue, so I was trying to add a new Clone but whenever I loaded my PM+BEx build on Dolphin it read the configs as Invalid Read, I've added quite a few other clones with no issues but for some reason this time didn't work. Any idea what happened or how I could fix it?
Quote from: SylveonPlaysSSB on July 01, 2016, 01:29:15 PM
So I have a major issue, so I was trying to add a new Clone but whenever I loaded my PM+BEx build on Dolphin it read the configs as Invalid Read, I've added quite a few other clones with no issues but for some reason this time didn't work. Any idea what happened or how I could fix it?
Check that your VSD hasn't gone over 2 gigs. dolphin simply stops loading files from ithits the 2G mark.
nope it still had 175 MB left open
Quote from: SylveonPlaysSSB on July 03, 2016, 02:00:12 PM
nope it still had 175 MB left open
it actually cuts off slightly before it is full. you can try deleting music temorarily to see if it resolves it. otherwise it is an issue on your configs.
Quote from: Sirkura on July 03, 2016, 05:05:50 PM
it actually cuts off slightly before it is full. you can try deleting music temorarily to see if it resolves it. otherwise it is an issue on your configs.
hmm.....okay I'll give it a try, and I'll let you know what happens. Pretty sure configs are alright, though I've seen many others add many characters with no issues.
Post Merge: July 04, 2016, 08:16:21 PM
Sorry for the double post, but it seems to be working so far. Although I'm having a bit of trouble with some clones, right before a match OoT Link (Link clone using ID 65) and Galacta Knight (Meta Knight clone using ID 5B) freeze. Their config seem alright and so do their modules but I have no idea, mind helping me with this? I can upload the files if needed
Hey I have a question, how did you guys edit the css so that it can fit more than 50 characters? I ask this because using the CDs code to modify a regular BrawlEx Css will only allow on to add 50 slots in the Css yet PM+BrawlEx allows for far more characters to be added
Quote from: spiritneox on July 07, 2016, 09:13:36 PM
Hey I have a question, how did you guys edit the css so that it can fit more than 50 characters? I ask this because using the CDs code to modify a regular BrawlEx Css will only allow on to add 50 slots in the Css yet PM+BrawlEx allows for far more characters to be added
Yes, the CSS is actually pretty easy to edit you just replace 2 files in the common5/selchar.pac you can find the instructions in the original bex thread linked under useful links on the first page.
I know this works on Dolphin but I can't get it to work on my end. I've tried this build and a few other custom builds (ALM's build, Project Ganondorf) but Dolphin always crashes right before the intro starts with several "invalid read" errors.
I can load normal PM 3.6 just fine but whenever I attempt to load any build that involves BrawlEX, Dolphin refuses to cooperate. I tried both loading it through Gecko and the PM launcher. Same result for both, except Gecko with Hook Type set to VBI. With VBI I can get to the CSS but any clones (for this build Mewtwo and Roy) show up as Waluigi and crash the game when hovering over them. AxNextFrame as some troubleshooting guides suggest, results in the same invalid read errors as leaving the Hook Type on Default.
Are there any specific settings I have to make in Dolphin in order for it to work with BrawlEX? Or is there anything I have to change about the file setup? I was testing this build as it is, not even trying to add any clones yet.
Tested both on Dolphin 5.0 and an older version 4.0-4971. I'm using WinImage to inject the contents of the PM+BrawlEX pack to the root of a virutal SD. I have not altered anything about any of the builds I tried.
EDIT: So apparently I had a modified ISO which never interfered with anything until now. I guess BrawlEX is just a very special little snowflake. Either way, I got to work now.
Quote from: Sirkura on July 12, 2016, 05:16:14 AM
Yes, the CSS is actually pretty easy to edit you just replace 2 files in the common5/selchar.pac you can find the instructions in the original bex thread linked under useful links on the first page.
maybe its just me but I don't see that part
Does the latest template have bowser's exmodule?
Edit: it doesn't.
Quote from: spiritneox on July 12, 2016, 07:55:18 PM
maybe its just me but I don't see that part
Second post.
I wonder if there is another clone engine for PM that allows you to inject your own codes to make your own clone characters. I'm asking this because my build of Project M doesn't like to cooperate with PMEX. The PMEX + Stage expansion removes codes from the game. That version of PMEX doesn't even add clones.
Quote from: Charx on July 15, 2016, 08:08:29 PM
I wonder if there is another clone engine for PM that allows you to inject your own codes to make your own clone characters. I'm asking this because my build of Project M doesn't like to cooperate with PMEX. The PMEX + Stage expansion removes codes from the game. That version of PMEX doesn't even add clones.
Make sure you are using the most recent build v0.5 we DID NOT remove any code in the game, adding codes you can simply use GCT edit to do so. this is simply a template to use to add your own characters to the game. I recommend checking the useful links. there are many tutorials if you are having issues.
Quote from: Sirkura on July 15, 2016, 10:29:30 PM
Make sure you are using the most recent build v0.5 we DID NOT remove any code in the game, adding codes you can simply use GCT edit to do so. this is simply a template to use to add your own characters to the game. I recommend checking the useful links. there are many tutorials if you are having issues.
OK. So this is what I did to try to make the PMEX+Stage Expansion work because when I used the codes in the download for the PMEX+STG expansion, the template did not work. It just reverts back to the brawl roster. No new characters are there even when I try to add them. I injected the codes that I was suppose to add in my build and it still didn't work. It just fixed the brawl roster problem. Please help!
(P.S: The PMEX+Stage expansion is outdated. It is not 0.5.)
Quote from: Charx on July 21, 2016, 12:24:29 AM
(P.S: The PMEX+Stage expansion is outdated. It is not 0.5.)
so... you followed a link to the old thread to download the template? that's some dedication xD either way that will not work.
check the second post, it has useful links in it, one of wich is PMEX+expansion. use that, it has instructions in the download.
Quote from: Sirkura on July 23, 2016, 09:01:50 AM
so... you followed a link to the old thread to download the template? that's some dedication xD either way that will not work.
check the second post, it has useful links in it, one of wich is PMEX+expansion. use that, it has instructions in the download.
I followed the instructions and I still have the same problem. And I used the text file that allows me to inject the codes into my build so I can use PMEX but that isn't working for me right now.
(i'm feeling really dumb right now not knowing what to do(._.).)
I think this is a bug with Project M D.I.Y But every throw move kills Immediately.
Quote from: Mr.HackMan on July 27, 2016, 02:05:48 PM
I think this is a bug with Project M D.I.Y But every throw move kills Immediately.
Thats odd, i havent experienced it before. Anyone else able to confirm?
Quote from: Sirkura on August 03, 2016, 07:00:32 AM
Thats odd, i havent experienced it before. Anyone else able to confirm?
Throw moves don't immediately kill for me.
(BTW I managed to get PMEX to work with my build! :D)
Quote from: Charx on August 04, 2016, 04:50:11 AM
Throw moves don't immediately kill for me.
(BTW I managed to get PMEX to work with my build! :D)
wierd, does the hook type matter (because I'm using OOSleepthread) If I do Annextframe, the game crashes at the strap menu, so, IDK what Hook Type am I supposed to use. (Using a USB loader btw)
Quote from: Mr.HackMan on August 04, 2016, 02:11:17 PM
wierd, does the hook type matter (because I'm using OOSleepthread) If I do Annextframe, the game crashes at the strap menu, so, IDK what Hook Type am I supposed to use. (Using a USB loader btw)
Actually, the hook type does matter so the game can boot up properly. If there's no hook type, then the launcher will think that it is too many lines of code and boots up Brawl instead (Or it's because the hook type is invalid).
(Try using Homebrew and Gecko OS. That usually works for me.)
Post Merge: August 05, 2016, 04:45:05 PM
Quote from: Sirkura on August 03, 2016, 07:00:32 AM
Thats odd, i havent experienced it before. Anyone else able to confirm?
Actually, I was just playing my build and I was fighting olimar. He grabbed me and he actually instantly killed me. ( It was a CPU.) But it happens randomly through out the game.
Update: I think it affects clones of Pit. I was fighting Waluigi (Who goes over Pit) and I grabbed him and Waluigi got instantly KO'ed. (It skipped the throwing animation and grabs let go quickly.)
By the way, has anyone been experiencing any other glitches lately? I found a glitch when you try to quit battles, they don't let you. (It just goes back to the battle and causes the character to do a grab for some reason.) Another glitch I found happens when a clone character (ex. Geno) fights the character they go over (ex. R.O.B) there is some graphical glitches (Same with Pit.)
Is there a fix to this?
Quote from: Charx on August 10, 2016, 01:43:19 PM
By the way, has anyone been experiencing any other glitches lately? I found a glitch when you try to quit battles, they don't let you. (It just goes back to the battle and causes the character to do a grab for some reason.) Another glitch I found happens when a clone character (ex. Geno) fights the character they go over (ex. R.O.B) there is some graphical glitches (Same with Pit.)
Is there a fix to this?
huh, funny cause I had a problem one day, where I was playing as Goku by Caliking01, and fighting pit and I had the same problem, Graphical glitches occur, Pit was Using Goku's GFX
We can add costume slots for the deafult roster up to 9 right, by configuring the the brawlex configs? What else would I need to stop silent freezing on the added slots before a match?
Quote from: hochin on August 10, 2016, 10:41:41 PM
We can add costume slots for the deafult roster up to 9 right, by configuring the the brawlex configs? What else would I need to stop silent freezing on the added slots before a match?
you need all the cosmetics added for each character costume. CSP's BP, RP, and stocks. also its 10 slots total ^^ 00-09 tho for the basics 10, tho i've seen it expanded to 16 thru hex editing, i havent tried it myself tho. you could ask in the original thread release by phantom wings.
Quote from: Mr.HackMan on August 10, 2016, 06:01:29 PM
huh, funny cause I had a problem one day, where I was playing as Goku by Caliking01, and fighting pit and I had the same problem, Graphical glitches occur, Pit was Using Goku's GFX
Graphical glitches can be fixed actually. thats an issue with BeX not this build. you need to edit the graphics to give them a unique name if i remember right via psa. there si a tutorial somewhere on how to do it.
Quote from: Charx on August 04, 2016, 09:28:17 PM
Actually, the hook type does matter so the game can boot up properly. If there's no hook type, then the launcher will think that it is too many lines of code and boots up Brawl instead (Or it's because the hook type is invalid).
(Try using Homebrew and Gecko OS. That usually works for me.)
Post Merge: August 05, 2016, 04:45:05 PM
Actually, I was just playing my build and I was fighting olimar. He grabbed me and he actually instantly killed me. ( It was a CPU.) But it happens randomly through out the game.
Update: I think it affects clones of Pit. I was fighting Waluigi (Who goes over Pit) and I grabbed him and Waluigi got instantly KO'ed. (It skipped the throwing animation and grabs let go quickly.)
Hook type DEFINATELY matters. you should be using AXNextFrame, as PM has a code that relies on it. i've only experienced freezing at the strap menu once when i added a bunch of files to the ISO. tho its possible could be an issue with BeX as well if you have something configured incorrectly. seems like most the issues you had are directly character PSA related. unfortunately not all characters are optomised for PM so they can behave very strangely with the new physics.
Has anyone had problems with implementing the Project M Waluigi into their build? I am. Even though I'm certain I've done everything correctly, the game soft freezes when selecting a stage when playing as Waluigi. I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem
Quote from: EnKaYea on August 17, 2016, 04:52:42 AM
Has anyone had problems with implementing the Project M Waluigi into their build? I am. Even though I'm certain I've done everything correctly, the game soft freezes when selecting a stage when playing as Waluigi. I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem
I don't have that problem. Make sure that all of the things that are part of Waluigi is on the SD card. (Ex. Make sure that the FitKirbyWaluigi.pac, the rel file, etc. are there.)
Quote from: EnKaYea on August 17, 2016, 04:52:42 AM
Has anyone had problems with implementing the Project M Waluigi into their build? I am. Even though I'm certain I've done everything correctly, the game soft freezes when selecting a stage when playing as Waluigi. I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem
Soft freezes typically mean you are missing a file and its trying to load something not there. Or perhaps have a file named incorectly. I'd check there.
Does anyone have A problem when they can't use the R button? I had this problem since I got PMEX to work with my build. I can shield with the R button but I can't air dodge with the R button.
Fu**ing Thanks <3
I'm still having issues with ASL and Waluigi.
Is the ASL code supposed to not be present in the default PMEX RSBE.gct? Whenever I try to add stages to the codeset, the stage only loads the default stage file, the one without "_(letter)". Whenever I try the button combination I set the default loads. And if I try to select another stage, it soft freezes. I've followed M200's tutorial and it still doesn't work. Other PMEX builds I look at use module files with their new stages, should I do that?
And for the waa man. It just doesn't want to work. For the people that have had it work, did you use the config files from King Jigglypuff's pack or use the ones from the PMEX pack?
Man it's been so long since i poked my head around here lol. i Have a bit of a question. in regards to the file patch 4.1 code. Is it compatible with the PM EX build? i just had inserted it into a clean gct and it froze on startup. Do i have to get rid of the previous File patch?
Quote from: Ghost Wolf on September 01, 2016, 05:54:25 AM
Man it's been so long since i poked my head around here lol. i Have a bit of a question. in regards to the file patch 4.1 code. Is it compatible with the PM EX build? i just had inserted it into a clean gct and it froze on startup. Do i have to get rid of the previous File patch?
it should work i believe. just replace the old one i believe. tho currently i think you need an iso for it. you need the original file to have entries for each one you replace if i understand right. think BJ's tool dummies those out for you. unfortunately i've been really bus in rl so havent been able to play with it yet.
Quote from: EnKaYea on August 31, 2016, 11:57:16 PM
I'm still having issues with ASL and Waluigi.
Is the ASL code supposed to not be present in the default PMEX RSBE.gct? Whenever I try to add stages to the codeset, the stage only loads the default stage file, the one without "_(letter)". Whenever I try the button combination I set the default loads. And if I try to select another stage, it soft freezes. I've followed M200's tutorial and it still doesn't work. Other PMEX builds I look at use module files with their new stages, should I do that?
And for the waa man. It just doesn't want to work. For the people that have had it work, did you use the config files from King Jigglypuff's pack or use the ones from the PMEX pack?
you DEFINATELY need the module files for the stages. the benefit of asl is that each stage can be indipendantly loaded with its own module so they don't have to share one. I.E. you can have a green hill based stage over skyworld with an edited rel file.
as for waluiggie you will need the files in the download. the modules for characters specifically are edited to work with PM, pm has slightly different variables then vbrawl.
Quote from: Sirkura on September 01, 2016, 10:29:56 PM
""
So is the ASL code not in the PMEX gct? I feel like I'm going about this wrong. Now when I put the ASL code in, it not only doesn't work on the stage I'm trying to put it on(I'm doing in Final Destination) but ASL stops working on the other stages it worked on before like Green Hill Zone, Battlefield, etc.
Btw thanks for all the help. I hate to be a bother.
Quote from: EnKaYea on September 03, 2016, 01:37:23 AM
So is the ASL code not in the PMEX gct? I feel like I'm going about this wrong. Now when I put the ASL code in, it not only doesn't work on the stage I'm trying to put it on(I'm doing in Final Destination) but ASL stops working on the other stages it worked on before like Green Hill Zone, Battlefield, etc.
Btw thanks for all the help. I hate to be a bother.
ASL itself is already in the GCT. we left all features of PM intact. (if found otherwise its a glitch and needs to be reported in this thread) i'd recomend mewtwo's asl tool to edit the code. i've had reports it doesn't work for some people tho. (not getting enough info to tell what the problem is) i've not had issues with it personally.
fyi the asl code included is modified to work with BeX, the original PM version took up the same memory location as BeX data. so they couldn't coexist without crashing. the stage data part is the same i believe. so if you have trouble with the tool you could write stage data with it and copy that part of the ASL code to the one included.
i have a huge question, it affects if i use the project m loader instead of gecko?
Quote from: Zarks on September 07, 2016, 02:46:41 AM
i have a huge question, it affects if i use the project m loader instead of gecko?
doesn't really affect anything. the pm launcher IS gecko. just added a few features to it like addons and an update button. its the same exact code handler. just make sure the hook type is axnextframe.
Quote from: Sirkura on September 07, 2016, 05:01:34 AM
doesn't really affect anything. the pm launcher IS gecko. just added a few features to it like addons and an update button. its the same exact code handler. just make sure the hook type is axnextframe.
How can i change the Hook type on the PM Launcher?
its likely already set. check the gameconfig.txt
it should read hooktype = 7 similar to below
RSBE??:
codeliststart = 80568000
codelistend = 80580000
hooktype = 7
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)
Quote from: Sirkura on September 07, 2016, 04:19:49 PM
its likely already set. check the gameconfig.txt
it should read hooktype = 7 similar to below
RSBE??:
codeliststart = 80568000
codelistend = 80580000
hooktype = 7
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)
Thanks :D
I'm wondering... How do you get clones to have their own .sawnd files?
Hey has anyone here setup a zelda and sheik clones in PMEX on a Wii before?
Are there any ExModules for Bowser?
Quote from: spiritneox on September 10, 2016, 04:11:05 PM
Hey has anyone here setup a zelda and sheik clones in PMEX on a Wii before?
Quote from: MrPotaDos on September 11, 2016, 05:53:30 AM
Are there any ExModules for Bowser?
what ever modules in the downloads are the ones we have made. more may come eventually but i'm not the one that makes those. setting up any clone should essentially eb the same as making them in standard BeX. i'd look for a tutorial on it, or ask in the main thread.
I have a problem... For some reason in the build I made, the game crashes when Player 4 hovers over a character. Is there any way I can fix this?
Quote from: ALM5252 on September 22, 2016, 02:12:23 PM
How do we use the Boss Character Cosmetics and unused Fighter Slots? Like Mewtwo and Roy. i followed a tutorial, but it didnt work. I dont know if PM+BEX is different. I know its possible, but i dont know if there are extra steps involved compared to regular BrawlEX.
I tried both of these. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67820.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67820.0)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67950.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67950.0)
Are you adding petey or rayquaza configs? I think roy and mewtwo depend on the CSSslot and cosmetic ids from those two.
Quote from: jamershinobioneobi02 on September 22, 2016, 11:06:31 PM
I have a problem... For some reason in the build I made, the game crashes when Player 4 hovers over a character. Is there any way I can fix this?
Do you mean over a clone character, or all characters?
If it's over a clone, then it may not have any cosmetics.
Quote from: Charx on September 23, 2016, 08:05:33 PM
Do you mean over a clone character, or all characters?
If it's over a clone, then it may not have any cosmetics.
It's for all characters
Ah my bad I meant to ask if you were using their "id" numbers. Since mewtwo and roy use the cosmetic "id" for petey(what the tutorial uses) and rayquaza, your new slot may be conflicting with whats already setup in project m. Just my guess, you could try other boss ids and see what happens.
and for reference these are the id numbers already assigned
Mewtwo
Fighter26 (Unused Mewtwo)
Slot33 (Petey)
CSSslot2E (Rayquaza)
Cosmetic2E (Rayquaza)
Roy
Fighter27 (Unused Roy)
Slot32 (Mario Debug)
CSSslot2D (Petey)
Cosmetic2D (Petey)
Hello, I'm making a personal build using this as a template and I want to know if there is a fix for this.
When you play a Pit-clone like Waluigi or Ridley and then later have a match between Kirby and Pit, when Kirby copies Pit's ability and tries to shoot an arrow the game hard crashes. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening but I've seen this problem on other builds based on this as well.
Note that if the Kirby/Pit match is played without highlighting the clones in the CSS, no crash occurs.
Quote from: SparkyWaffles on October 01, 2016, 02:24:47 AM
Hello, I'm making a personal build using this as a template and I want to know if there is a fix for this.
When you play a Pit-clone like Waluigi or Ridley and then later have a match between Kirby and Pit, when Kirby copies Pit's ability and tries to shoot an arrow the game hard crashes. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening but I've seen this problem on other builds based on this as well.
Note that if the Kirby/Pit match is played without highlighting the clones in the CSS, no crash occurs.
That's usually because most people don't port the graphics on the clones. basically you change IDs so each one is different and doesn't conflict with anbother character.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0)
Will a 0.6 or 1.0 version of PmEx ever be released?
Quote from: Sirkura on October 05, 2016, 08:54:47 AM
That's usually because most people don't port the graphics on the clones. basically you change IDs so each one is different and doesn't conflict with anbother character.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66856.0)
Hello! Since you were on the subject, I have some questions about GFX porting.
I also noticed the Kirby pit arrow crash that SparkyWaffles mentionned in my build (exact same repro steps using Ridley) + I made a clone of mario for DR mario and had all sort of GFX issues when I was doing a match of regular mario vs clone mario.
I believe all this is related to GFX conficting like you mentionned
now, I carefully read all the tutorial and had a couple of questions about it :
1) The way I understand it is that in order to fix the GFX of a clone, we add his GFX "bank/data" to an assit trophy or an ennemy and change all it's reference in PSA to point toward the choosen ennemy/assist trophy GFX.
Now, can this cause an issue if for exemple you have the clone character in a match and the assist trophy you choose also appear in the game. will this cause confict issues with the assist trophy!?
2) I guest if question 1 anwser is "no, It won't cause issues because the assit trophy's GFX are still there and intact, you just added new entries for the PSA"
would it then be possible to do the same thing on a real fighter GFX instead!? like if I want do make a Dr Mario clone from mario, couldn't I just add dr mario GFX to mario's "ef_mario" instead of choosing a assist trophy or ennemi?
maybe i'm confused but I'm not sure why this wouldn't work. actually is it because "only 1 "ef_mario.pac" can be loaded on a fighter. The other one is gonna used the already loaded one" or something like this!?
but then again why does this work with assit trophy!? surely the assit trophy should get all broken as well when it's loaded in-game if only 1 "ef_file" can be loaded at the time.
2) I guest adding a complety new "ef_file" is not possible right!? because I guest it won't have Hex number value to reference it or something in the code.
3) I've taken a look at very stable PSA to see how they did it. and some stuff was very confusing.
For exemple, Project M Roy uses ef_saki but data inside the folder doesn't seem to contain anything related to Saki's assist trophy except 2 textures. All the rest is completly different from the "effect/assist/ef_saki.pac"
How does that work exactly, I thouth the PSA stuff had to be added on top of all data already from Saki's assist trophy
Sorry about the long post and number of questions
but I don't like having crashy build and would really like to get my build as stable as possible
I'm trying really hard to understand all this properly as I believe this will come in handy so I want to make sure I understand it well before starting modifing my build's files.
Thanks in advance!
I um. Wow, long post.
Yes, only one instance of a GFX file can be loaded at any one time, and yes, you could technically share all GFX for multiple characters, but all you'll really do is needlessly inflate filesize, since it'll unload it for all of them the moment you change a character.
Not possible to create new ones, unfortunately.
I did a kind of runthrough of how I do it, if you were interested, I dunno, it may help you somewhat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbwebmq9DRg
Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on October 12, 2016, 05:03:50 AM
I um. Wow, long post.
Yes, only one instance of a GFX file can be loaded at any one time, and yes, you could technically share all GFX for multiple characters, but all you'll really do is needlessly inflate filesize, since it'll unload it for all of them the moment you change a character.
Not possible to create new ones, unfortunately.
I did a kind of runthrough of how I do it, if you were interested, I dunno, it may help you somewhat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbwebmq9DRg
All right! thanks of the info!
yeah sorry about the long post, I had lots of questions lol
I did a test yesterday night and successfully put Dr Mario's GFX over unused ennemi "ef_bubot"
I also confirmed what I thought, half of Nebulon's tutorial is actually unnessary. You don't need at all to mess with export/import from the ennemi/assist trophy ef_file. Only need to rename your BrawlEx character's ef to an ennemi ef and then change the ID of all the clone character GFX call in the PSA to the ennemi's ID.
I don't have anymore weird stuff/crash happening in mario vs dr mario fights now!
I did had a crash Dr mario against Ridley but it might be unrelated to my edit, not sure yet.
I also have a Link Clone which need the same treatment so I'll try to understand those Sword trails thing next.
I think I understand how it works now except for 1 thing, I still don't exactly understand why porting a BEX character to an assit trophy doesn't crash the game or create weird FX stuff when the assit trophy spawn. technically there's 2 character using the same ef file again in that case so it should create issues...
I think the assist trophy thing may be because they're just an assist trophy so they don't hold up so much memory, I dunno, just a random guess. If you want to ask any questions on it feel free to shoot.
Ridley may just be finicky himself, but I dunno.
also i did do a thing on SFX if you were going to do anything for that at some point.
Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on October 13, 2016, 05:48:00 AM
I think the assist trophy thing may be because they're just an assist trophy so they don't hold up so much memory, I dunno, just a random guess. If you want to ask any questions on it feel free to shoot.
Ridley may just be finicky himself, but I dunno.
also i did do a thing on SFX if you were going to do anything for that at some point.
All right! Thanks for the info!! I'll keep that in mind for the SFX
I've not started looking into SFX as I wanted hard crash to be fixed first
I probably did something wrong with my DR Mario GFX switch because after multiple test I noticed I was crash vs Ridley when I shooted a Pill after using some very specific repro steps. (it never crash on the first match, always the second, it's weird)
It's not crashing with regular mario anymore so there must be conflict somewhere else.
Post Merge: October 14, 2016, 01:58:59 AM
Quote from: jaystring on October 13, 2016, 05:07:09 AM
All right! thanks of the info!
yeah sorry about the long post, I had lots of questions lol
I did a test yesterday night and successfully put Dr Mario's GFX over unused ennemi "ef_bubot"
I also confirmed what I thought, half of Nebulon's tutorial is actually unnessary. You don't need at all to mess with export/import from the ennemi/assist trophy ef_file. Only need to rename your BrawlEx character's ef to an ennemi ef and then change the ID of all the clone character GFX call in the PSA to the ennemi's ID.
I don't have anymore weird stuff/crash happening in mario vs dr mario fights now!
I did had a crash Dr mario against Ridley but it might be unrelated to my edit, not sure yet.
I also have a Link Clone which need the same treatment so I'll try to understand those Sword trails thing next.
I think I understand how it works now except for 1 thing, I still don't exactly understand why porting a BEX character to an assit trophy doesn't crash the game or create weird FX stuff when the assit trophy spawn. technically there's 2 character using the same ef file again in that case so it should create issues...
ok I might have another question for you if you don't mind.
so the crash and conflict with GFX for mario vs clone mario (dr mario) seem to be fixed but they both share the same soundbank and a similar thing happen with SFX (at the second match with Dr Mario vs another character, Dr Mario's voice is missing and he produce no more sound)
it's seem like a similar conflit to GFX except it's happening with SFX. Do you know what's happening and how to fix it!?
I know sharing soundbank is possible because there's many exemple of character already doing it (Marth/Roy/Lucina, Mewtwo/Lucario, etc) and they don't seem to have the SFX missing glitch so what exactly am I missing
Thanks!
Just a quick question-- which sfx file does ridley use? (I need to change his sounds from Pit's...)
Quote from: jaystring on October 13, 2016, 04:58:26 PM
ok I might have another question for you if you don't mind.
so the crash and conflict with GFX for mario vs clone mario (dr mario) seem to be fixed but they both share the same soundbank and a similar thing happen with SFX (at the second match with Dr Mario vs another character, Dr Mario's voice is missing and he produce no more sound)
it's seem like a similar conflit to GFX except it's happening with SFX. Do you know what's happening and how to fix it!?
I know sharing soundbank is possible because there's many exemple of character already doing it (Marth/Roy/Lucina, Mewtwo/Lucario, etc) and they don't seem to have the SFX missing glitch so what exactly am I missing
Thanks!
Something to do with this code I think, although I've not really looked into it myself...
https://smashboards.com/threads/ds22s-code-showcase.428060/#post-20793302
Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on October 16, 2016, 01:49:21 AM
Something to do with this code I think, although I've not really looked into it myself...
https://smashboards.com/threads/ds22s-code-showcase.428060/#post-20793302
All right! thanks a lot for the info. It does seem exactly like the problem i'm facing and a way to fix it.
I'll give it a try to understand how that code work when I have the time but damn, this is starting to be pretty advance stuff to understand.
Quote from: HapHaxion on October 16, 2016, 12:54:41 AM
Just a quick question-- which sfx file does ridley use? (I need to change his sounds from Pit's...)
Ridley (the legacy XP version that i'm using) uses the 13F slot which is "Meta Ridley". sawnd 326
How would you add a cosmetic slot for a character in PMEX?
Also? Can you change the roster shape like with CSS Organizer?
Sorry if this was already answered or if I broke a rule. New here, kinda late. :P
Quote from: Sharp02 on October 18, 2016, 04:52:06 AM
How would you add a cosmetic slot for a character in PMEX?
Also? Can you change the roster shape like with CSS Organizer?
Sorry if this was already answered or if I broke a rule. New here, kinda late. :P
There are various links in the second post, think there is a pmex tutorial there that covers it. And the shape is changable, but you will need to do it by hand. PMEX by default uses a roster.dat or css code in the gct. you can rearange the icons using that.
Does ASRL work with this?
The alt stage loader works with this.
So I've had this issue for months and haven't been able to find a fix and it's driving me crazy. I have 2 Characters using IDs 7E and 7F and they both have Mario's Stocks instead of their custom ones and the one using 7F has the Mario series Victory Theme. The stocks all have their PAT0s and everything seems correct. This stock issue persists even when using a different character's configs.
i downloaded the recent template and Roy's 6th costume slot doesnt work right, it loads his default, think you could fix that kthnxbai
Where is PM+BrawlEx v6?
Any help with replacing SFX for ex characters?
For anyone that has problems with roy's sixth costume slot.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7d22vc8t288i2ty/Fighter27.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/file/7d22vc8t288i2ty/Fighter27.rar)
Okay I'll explain the steps I did to make his costume sixth slot work again
Step 1: open brawlex Config ultilty
Step 2: click/check the 6 box.
Step 3: save the file
I did compile a build of PMEX that had some inconsistent things fixed like Bowser/GBower using
Smash3 costumes, I also put in LegacyXP Ridley and gave him the Metroid victory theme I was going to add team colors for Beta MetaKnight but I don't know which line in the costume masquerade code controls MK team colors. So it'd be nice if someone that knows their way around PM code to help me but so far I haven't upload it yet because I don't really have time to upload it.
PS: I guess could contact PyotrLuzhin for help with that so I'll guess I'll try but hes probably doing important Stuff.
What ever happened to V0.6?
I know questions like these don't get answered but how do make characters have at least a personal sfx slot for them to use? I can't find anything online to help me.
Unfortunately, it's currently impossible to create a new SFX slot, you'll need to replace a boss' SFX slot, or share it with another character's.
you can also replace other SFX slots like Assist trophies, thats what I have been doing with my build :^)
Nice work so far. The only suggestion I have is to make a clean template. One without any clone characters already added. It would help a lot.
It is clean? O.o only clones added are mewtwo and roy who are already in PM.
Without Ridley. But, it's fine how it is anyways.
Never mind. :)
Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on December 08, 2016, 05:18:29 AM
Unfortunately, it's currently impossible to create a new SFX slot, you'll need to replace a boss' SFX slot, or share it with another character's.
Then how do you edit an .sawnd file? Super Sawnds doesn't work for me.
By using Super Sawndz to edit a .brsar file, then editing and exporting the edited sfx as a .sawnd.
So I've had this issue for months and haven't been able to find a fix and it's driving me crazy. I have 2 Characters using IDs 7E and 7F and they both have Mario's Stocks instead of their custom ones and the one using 7F has the Mario series Victory Theme. The stocks all have their PAT0s and everything seems correct. This stock issue persists even when using a different character's configs.
Mind posting the file? I want to check out the PATOs.
In the SlotConfig folder, what are the Slot3F and Slot40 files for? What do they do?
Also, can you try working on Bowser's ExModule files? :bowser:
By the way, what's the difference between a vBrawl ExModule file and a Project M ExModule file? What section is changed?
Quote from: Danster on December 18, 2016, 03:53:14 PM
By the way, what's the difference between a vBrawl ExModule file and a Project M ExModule file? What section is changed?
Its offsets mostly i believe, altho i'm not 100% certain on that, pyotr was the one working on modules. I mostly did the code edits to make BEX compatible with PM. It has different offsets hard coded into the game and they don't always agree with vanilla brawl modules. if you look at vPM's module folder you will see a lot of characters had theirs specifically changed. off the top of my head i think mario had changes to his fireball and lucario had a few changes for his psa for his OHC.
Thanks! I managed to make a Bowser - Giga Bowser rel file. I've only tested it on Dolphin. It works perfectly fine. So I believe it'll work on the Wii/Wii U, as well.
Here's a link to it.
https://www.mediafire.com/?89jabjq1u9q97e8 (https://www.mediafire.com/?89jabjq1u9q97e8)
Here's a little video of it in action.
https://youtu.be/8E5ZkTZxsGQ (https://youtu.be/8E5ZkTZxsGQ)
Quote from: Danster on January 02, 2017, 03:53:23 PM
Thanks! I managed to make a Bowser - Giga Bowser rel file. I've only tested it on Dolphin. It works perfectly fine. So I believe it'll work on the Wii/Wii U, as well.
Here's a link to it.
https://www.mediafire.com/?89jabjq1u9q97e8 (https://www.mediafire.com/?89jabjq1u9q97e8)
Here's a little video of it in action.
https://youtu.be/8E5ZkTZxsGQ (https://youtu.be/8E5ZkTZxsGQ)
Ohhh good work ^^ If you'd like I can get a wider range for testing and add it officially to the DL. with proper credits ofc. ^^
I hope no one minds about my post here, if you see this post I'm going to be uploading a pack of fixes for PM+BrawlEx Very soon, so I'll link the fixes in this post. which includes bowser getting his victory theme back and Roy's Awakening recolor being restored. This post is mostly meant for Sirkura to have and test for crashes so that this build can be fixed for people that don't really like the inconsistencies in it.
PMEX fixes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1jl43ryzebbvc4/PM_EX_Fixes.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1jl43ryzebbvc4/PM_EX_Fixes.rar)
Quote from: Sirkura on January 03, 2017, 07:32:51 AM
Ohhh good work ^^ If you'd like I can get a wider range for testing and add it officially to the DL. with proper credits ofc. ^^
Sure! You should definitely include it with the pack! :)
I also made a Solo Bowser ExModule file for this pack. :)
https://www.mediafire.com/?kc23i2341e4if9s (https://www.mediafire.com/?kc23i2341e4if9s)
Sweet ^^ i was actually thinking of changing the DL anyway to my GDrive. since atm, only pyotr can make changes to the live link and gdrive we can share it. nice work ^^ it will take a bit to upload i have really crappy net. Whopping 1mbs upload speed xD
Lol xD
By the way, Pyro is updating his build soon with more ExModule files. So be sure to look out for it when it comes. ;)
Lol This is the the same project. We are collaborating on it. I've updated a few things in the download as well to clerify it in a couple readme.txt as well as a true credits list wich we've been lacking. Things I actually wanted to add since the beginning, that should have ben there. tho pyotr rushed the release a bit before i was fully ready, still fixing it. I'm not even credited in most builds and only pyotr has ever been callabed.
So a quick rundown of new terms of use.
1) if used for a project, keep it open source to the public.
2) ABSOLUTELY NO MONETARY GAIN
3) Collab both me and pyotr when using it.
Most of it is pretty common sense, I don't think we've had issues with before. Rule 1 is simply because of how much time went into making this Dx because PM kept every one of their codes on lock down for the "gold release," it was very difficult to strip out and add what was needed. I want it easier for the next generation to build off of, if that makes sense.
We didn't even "officially" get the codes. they were leaked.
Post Merge: January 10, 2017, 04:52:45 AM
Quote from: leo958 on January 05, 2017, 03:44:05 AM
I hope no one minds about my post here, if you see this post I'm going to be uploading a pack of fixes for PM+BrawlEx Very soon, so I'll link the fixes in this post. which includes bowser getting his victory theme back and Roy's Awakening recolor being restored. This post is mostly meant for Sirkura to have and test for crashes so that this build can be fixed for people that don't really like the inconsistencies in it.
PMEX fixes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1jl43ryzebbvc4/PM_EX_Fixes.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1jl43ryzebbvc4/PM_EX_Fixes.rar)
Ohhhh this link got drowned in the page count xD sorry :3 i'll check it now ^^
Its cool I just made the fixes in case if anyone needs to use them.
Quote from: leo958 on January 10, 2017, 11:48:16 PM
Its cool I just made the fixes in case if anyone needs to use them.
Np i'll probably add them into the main core files when i feel a bit better. i've been really sick the last 2 weeks.
I can't find marth in the CosmeticConfig templates folder :(
Quote from: Mr.HackMan on January 15, 2017, 08:41:18 PM
I can't find marth in the CosmeticConfig templates folder :(
Just use a normal BrawlEx one, works just as fine
Quote from: Mr.HackMan on January 15, 2017, 08:41:18 PM
I can't find marth in the CosmeticConfig templates folder :(
Is it missing? i'll add it to the DL. Thanks for the report ^^
Quote from: gtoribio89 on May 13, 2016, 11:38:16 AM
Do any of you know how to add the second team colors ?
Such as Fox , Falco , link, wolf ...
I have seen that in this project has been added the Dry Bowser and I would like to do the same for other characters
Thank you
Post Merge: May 13, 2016, 11:58:08 AM
I try to add this combination to CSS Slot Config Lucario but does not accept secondary team colors .
I added this code :
01 06 00 07 03 08 04 09 00 0C
(http://i.imgur.com/FZ2mQQM.jpg)
Quote from: Sirkura on May 16, 2016, 04:16:24 PM
Thats a bit more complicated. BeX won't register more then one team color. but the alt costume engine PM uses does. there are tutorials on smash boards, but i've never done it myself.
Has anyone been able to figure this out yet, or find a tutorial? Thanks.
Edit: sorry for posting on an old thread, I'm new to this website.
Quote from: Jonhy_Flame on May 16, 2017, 04:36:19 AM
Has anyone been able to figure this out yet, or find a tutorial? Thanks.
Edit: sorry for posting on an old thread, I'm new to this website.
Have you tried L-loading skins?
Quote from: Charx on May 21, 2017, 05:51:58 PM
Have you tried L-loading skins?
No, I have not, but is that the only way to do it? Some of the costumes I added wouldn't make any sense as L-loading skins, so I'm trying to avoid that if possible.
Has BrawlEx been mixed with PM? Or is BrawlEx a part of PM.
Allow me to explain what I mean. Is BrawlEx only available if PM is installed, or can I (a PAL user) use this mod without the installation of PM? I keep asking this but no one seems to give me an answer.
the is brawlex mixed in pm if you want to use this in brawl go here
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0)
however it is only available to ntsc users due to the huge diffrences between ntsc and pal coding
What config files do MewTwo and Roy use?
I added one character using this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOeMMUft44o&t=458s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOeMMUft44o&t=458s) , and all I get is a blank character selection screen, and if I try to use a mode like event, my game freezes, I'm using hackless,could that be a problem? Please help!
so I tried to use this one (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217298) with dolphin and no luck, what do I actually need to run it there, like, do I use a virtual 2GB SD, or is this SDHC?, do I use the normal project m laucher with a specific configuration or gecko? (its been a long time away from brawl so I guess I might have forgot some stuff)
Ah, I just about did that update alone, so I dunno if anyone else'd know for sure, but uh...
I'd used virtual SD card for testing it out originally, I think it had 5GB, so it'd probably count for SDHC-- either SHOULD work, but I can't especially recall.
Again for testing I just used Gecko.
What was the actual issue you had when trying it out? Just saying it doesn't work without specifics doesn't really explain anything.
sorry, I should have checked your recent replies in the brawl expansion project thread first..
it was the AXNextFrame setting.. and then this happened
Quote from: KingOfTheFools on February 03, 2019, 07:07:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/laZN2H5.png
but yeah I saw your reply to that as well
Post Merge: March 21, 2019, 03:50:39 AM
but now that we're on this, can you post the codes within the prebuilt gtc? I wanna keep on track which codes wil this build have
Nope! Sorry I've no idea of what the codes actually are. For the most part they're the codes of the previous versions by Sirks and Pyotr and SammiHusky and such, but they didn't note what code was what either. I might look and try to figure what I can out at some point, but that would take a while