Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 47
Author Topic: Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team  (Read 201048 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #495 on: August 27, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »

Nice! The video review is awesome. It's nice to hear that I got my point across in terms of wanting to keep him accurate to the comics, movie, and games while referencing a bunch of stuff and still making him unique and fun. Thank you!

Also, the reversal text is attached to bone 0 already. I think there's something weird with the graphic effect that tells it to follow the rotation of his left hand no matter what bone it's attached to, because it's placed over the psi magnet.

As far as the d-smash, yeah, you're right. Although, I may give them more base knockback to compensate for degraded damage.

(Also, I'd like to point out that the run animation was heavily edited from yours. I mean, I cleared 2/3 of the frames and almost completely redid the ones that I left. lol.)

Edit: Also, what codeset was that? Don't think I didn't notice the dash dancing, momentum capture, and what I think was some crouch canceling. Smiley. Project M?

Ah ok, so it's just the graphic being strange.  That's unfixable then, and it isn't too much of a big deal.  As for the codeset, it's actually the Brawl Minus codeset.  I use it with both Brawl Minus PSAs and vBrawl PSAs (I swap between the two) because it's more satisfying. 

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector >9000 Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #496 on: August 27, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »

Cool. Any thoughts on the neutral air?

Edit: And lol at my numbering conventions. "Version 0.9.0.1... I think..." Hilarious.
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:32:34 PM by haloedhero » Logged

There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #497 on: August 27, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »

Cool. Any thoughts on the neutral air?
    He should have Zero's PSA's Neutral-Air(from Megaman). So what he does is he'll use his sword of love that vertexed and will try to export it when I get my computer back.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #498 on: August 27, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »

I can make a CSP pack for you if you want.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #499 on: August 27, 2011, 01:46:33 PM »

I'm all good on CSPs and stuff. I'm just too busy to get it all organized right now.

Oh, by the way...

0.92 is out.

Ryuu Seika
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #500 on: August 27, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »

@ShiiinDoom: Those are quotation marks on the orange Tshirt, just so you know. Oh and thanks for explaining what Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku is but why does Scott have it?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #501 on: August 27, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »

@ShiiinDoom: Those are quotation marks on the orange Tshirt, just so you know. Oh and thanks for explaining what Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku is but why does Scott have it?

Ah thanks, and he has the hurricane kick because it's a move he has in the game (as an obvious Street Fighter reference most likely XD).  One of his special attacks that uses Gut points, but it really isn't very useful in the game.  I believe Nega Scott has it too:

<a href="http://youtu.be/r5gLoag-O5k?t=1m21s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/r5gLoag-O5k?t=1m21s</a>

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #502 on: August 27, 2011, 02:26:12 PM »

Holy crap, I just clicked the video link Sdoom posted, and was like "wow, that really looks a lot like my moveset." Job well done! Such a good feeling. (And a great vertex....)

Ryuu Seika
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #503 on: August 27, 2011, 02:45:18 PM »

Yeah, clearly the genericness of certain bits of the moveset isn't your fault in the slightest.
    Definitely fun to play as him though, just so you don't get the wrong impression.

Lucifer_Gale
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #504 on: August 27, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »

Love the new taunt, it's so WIN! But dislike the new neutral air, I prefer the original old one... That was so funny to use and useful =(

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #505 on: August 27, 2011, 06:05:23 PM »

SDoom's review is pretty much what I would have said. Here is some personal points of mine, since I still want to give feedback. (It's pretty huge).

Specials___

-The Up-B: Really interesting. I think the bass for Link's up B could have a glow following it like Link's does. The bass looks pretty flat when using it, and I think that would help the attack feel more full. Probably the best for recovery, and but also has the attack balance. The screw attack is of course awesome, iconic, and great for getting some damage. Best for attacking. You pretty much HAD to have Mario's since he is Mario, but I find it pretty useless compared to the other 2. Maybe in a later version make it Sonic's? He is pretty iconic and so far not represented. There are plenty of Mario references already.

-B: What sDoom said. It is fantastic. Maybe some sfx for rocking?

-Down B: I love it. By far the most stylish counter. I sometime have trouble getting it to hit right, like if they are using a short-hop aerial attack, but that is pretty knit-picky. I think it would be cool if the message would change sometimes though. Like sometimes it would say Reversal, sometimes Counter, and rarely maybe "Objection!" I don't know if it would be possible though.

-Side B: I find this one rather plain compared to the other specials. I like it, but it doesn't really seem like a special. Maybe you could change this to be the side smash and have a new side B?

Smash Attacks___

-Down S: Just awesome. What sDoom said about the damage, but otherwise really great.

-Side S: A plain old kick. It's a fine attack, but like I said earlier I could see a slightly modified version of the side B here.

-Up S: SHORYUKEN!!! I love it. I think it would be cool if he jumped when he did this move like in Street Fighter (though to be honest most of my experience with the move is from Zero in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, so I may be wrong). It would also help the range problem with it. It is pretty fine like it is though.

Throws___

-All are pretty fine. My favorite is probably the up throw. I like that you used some custom animations. Maybe a little more flash, but really nothing to complain about.

Arials___

I really like the down aerial. The turtle shell sfx makes it, I like the bounce you get at the end, and I have had good success with it. I am not the biggest fan of lucas' up arial, but it isn't really bad. I also like the back one a good bit, and I am pretty neutral to the forward aerial.

Tilts___

I really like the down tilt, up tilt is really great for juggling, side is just fine. Pretty much was sDoom said. I also like the AAA coin attack.

Final Smash___

SCOTT EARNED THE POWER OF SELF RESPECT!!! It's amazing, but I think the damage output is a little low. On larger levels it can not be very effective, but I really love everything else about it. The animation was just fantastic.

Other___

The custom animations are all pretty well done. They look smoother than most others. I also really like how heavy he feels; reminds me of the game itself, and you don't see many small characters like that. I remember in the game there was a move where he stuck his fist up and there was a small explosion, but it's been a while since I played it; maybe fit that in over one of the more generic moves (possibly over side B I guess?). That is just one idea though. Also I've found his walljump to be virtually useless. Could you make it go higher?

Overall___

It really feels like Scott Pilgrim, and not only that. It is just a REALLY well made moveset. All of it is incredibly original, he has a unique and fun playstyle, and most importantly he feels very natural in the game. It is like he is straight out of the game and refined for brawl. Some attacks feel a little generic, but that is hardly an issue. Any changes I said for an update are pretty optional; I would be fine if it stayed the way it is right now. The only problem... there is no minus version yet. If there was, he would have a permanent slot on my sd care. Definitely one of the best psa's out there; I never checked out your Cloud, since sDoom's was so great, but this has prompted me to test it out. Anyway, welcome to the world of being a famous PSAer.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #506 on: August 27, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »

Glad you like it. I actually thought about giving him a Sonic up special. I was even going to make him drop a spring, but that's the only way I'd really like it to be, and I don't want him just spawning items left and right, so I don't think it will happen.

As far as the walljump, I meant to look into it, but I forgot. I imagine you mean with the universal walljump code? I don't use it, so I don't know... Does that just use walltechjump momentum? If so, I could easily increase it, of course.

A note on Cloud: You may try it and think "This is just a ripoff of SDoom's!" I think a lot of people get that impression, but that's because I let SDoom use a bunch of my animations. That's why I'm credited on SDoom's Cloud. As far as I'm concerned, any of my hacks are fair game for other people to use as long as I'm credited. Mine is just based more off of FFVII, because I'm an old school kind of guy. That's why I still made my own even after I let Sdoom use my animations.

luigifanweege
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #507 on: August 28, 2011, 09:32:04 AM »

I love your Scott it make me sad that there no other characters from Scott Pilgrim in here can't wait for it to be V1

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #508 on: August 28, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »

Once again...Thank you for existing XP

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #509 on: August 28, 2011, 11:27:10 AM »

v0.93 is out and includes segtendo's emblems, victory theme, and alternate css name as well as Tetsuokame's stock icons.

The moveset has also been updated to improve down special against characters attacking from a short hop position, and a few animations have been slightly improved, not the least of which is his Win1, which now loops and looks much smoother.

Enjoy! Almost done!

Pages:  1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 47
    Print
    Jump to: