Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14
Author Topic: Thinking outside the (Brawl)Box, a message to KCMM hackers  (Read 53482 times)
Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: January 03, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »

Wow, glad I found this topic, because I agree with pretty much everything that's been said here.  There are too many repeat hacks on the vault.  Shadow is the chief perpetrator, but hacks like Cloud, Sephiroth, Mewtwo and Roy are also to blame.

Honestly, I'm just mad the people refuse to make hacks for things that haven't been hacked before.  There are hundreds of comics/games/cartoons/etc that haven't been represented in Brawl.  But, people still keep on churning out hacks of characters that have already been done tens of times before.

It's sad, really :'(

It's diferent for Sephiroth and Roy, since they're or were still looking for a REAL representation (Vertex), Sephiroth may have gotten it with Aafyre's, and after his, I've not seen another Sephiroth be made other than his recolors. Roy? He haven't gotten his representation perfectly made.

After Akari's and BY's Cloud's vertexes, and a KH one, I haven't seen another one made (another submission of Cloud), since those 3 are technically perfectly made.

^ These are not the same cases of Shadow, who got his perfectly made Vertex near the beginning, and after that, another 60 submissions of him came.
    I suppose that you're right about those three.  My bad.  I guess that I was over-exaggerating because I'm tiered of seeing hacks for characters that have already been made, which include Cloud, Sephy and Roy.

It's not like people aren't asking for new characters, either.  If you go to the request boards, you'll find plenty of requests for new characters.  It's just that people aren't listening to these requests, and unfortunately, there isn't a solution to this problem.

There are pretty nice suggestions there, but the creators need to like them to make them, if not, they'd never show any interest. D:

Take Sol Badguy for example, he'd be a great character to make, and a great representation of Guilty Gear, but, none of the Vertexers think that way, I suppose. =/

Shrooms
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: January 03, 2011, 12:45:58 PM »

Complete agreeal with OP.
    There is only one thing I can say.

It's easier to do something that has been done before than something that hasn't. Cause it's easier to get and make the materials for them. That's why there is a lack of originality.

It is also because almost every damn thing you can thing isn't always possible with hacking vertices and stuff. Like with my idea to make Sveta from Golden Sun Dark Dawn on Zelda, I wanted to use the two braids on the front of her head and move them to the back in place of Zelda's hair, then I came up with a way to  make the two braids separate by using Zelda's long mane of hair and one braid...-but found it would have the same problem as the first method.

Not only that, I would have to make it one-slot, which would take a very long time unless I worked for days on end without rest.

That, and not everyone has the time or patience to learn how to do the various methods of hacking that are available. It may be lazy, but that's the currently reality, no?

As for Fan Characters...

My character Velen is basically Shadow's body with two pygmy spines (I.E Really short, curved spines), two large, stark-straight spines, and two smaller, axillary spines between the first central spine, and both of the two large ones on the side of the head mentioned before, and three spines going down the center instead of two. he has only one, jagged, golden yellow stripe down the first central spine with three locks of hair on the front of his head that are the same color. His main body color is turquoise and his eyes are Cerulean Blue.

He wears purple boots with notched buckling devices like you see on some brands of rollerblades, and wears blue, fingerless gloves with padded, metal knuckles similar to brass knuckles, with a gunmetal grey strip of cloth on the back of both hands, the one on his left hand baring his family's crest. He wears two blue rings on reach wrist (which are similar to Shadow's on his gloves, it's a tribal thing.) and one around his ankles on his boots.

But even if something is easy, that does not by any means mean people should do it.

And apologies for bluntness, but nobody wants to know about your fancharacter. It's a fancharacter; not a real character. People honestly don't want to play as your imaginary dude you came up with for your fanfictions or whatever, so I mean if you wanna make it, that's cool, but just keep it to yourself. This was not directed toward only you, but pretty much everybody.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: January 03, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »

It's easier to do something that has been done before than something that hasn't. Cause it's easier to get and make the materials for them. That's why there is a lack of originality.

It is also because almost every damn thing you can thing isn't always possible with hacking vertices and stuff. Like with my idea to make Sveta from Golden Sun Dark Dawn on Zelda, I wanted to use the two braids on the front of her head and move them to the back in place of Zelda's hair, then I came up with a way to  make the two braids separate by using Zelda's long mane of hair and one braid...-but found it would have the same problem as the first method.

Not only that, I would have to make it one-slot, which would take a very long time unless I worked for days on end without rest.

That, and not everyone has the time or patience to learn how to do the various methods of hacking that are available. It may be lazy, but that's the currently reality, no?

As for Fan Characters...

My character Velen is basically Shadow's body with two pygmy spines (I.E Really short, curved spines), two large, stark-straight spines, and two smaller, axillary spines between the first central spine, and both of the two large ones on the side of the head mentioned before, and three spines going down the center instead of two. he has only one, jagged, golden yellow stripe down the first central spine with three locks of hair on the front of his head that are the same color. His main body color is turquoise and his eyes are Cerulean Blue.

He wears purple boots with notched buckling devices like you see on some brands of rollerblades, and wears blue, fingerless gloves with padded, metal knuckles similar to brass knuckles, with a gunmetal grey strip of cloth on the back of both hands, the one on his left hand baring his family's crest. He wears two blue rings on reach wrist (which are similar to Shadow's on his gloves, it's a tribal thing.) and one around his ankles on his boots.

But even if something is easy, that does not by any means mean people should do it.

And apologies for bluntness, but nobody wants to know about your fancharacter. It's a fancharacter; not a real character. People honestly don't want to play as your imaginary dude you came up with for your fanfictions or whatever, so I mean if you wanna make it, that's cool, but just keep it to yourself. This was not directed toward only you, but pretty much everybody.

If it looks good, I'd play as him, and so would you.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: January 03, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »

I wouldn't.  I don't care how good they look or how cool their story is, a fancharacter is a fancharacter, and I will never, ever, add fancharacters to my Brawl.

Shrooms
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: January 03, 2011, 01:24:47 PM »

I wouldn't.  I don't care how good they look or how cool their story is, a fancharacter is a fancharacter, and I will never, ever, add fancharacters to my Brawl.
    Words that would have been taken directly from the mouth of myself.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #65 on: January 03, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »

Yes. We all laughed at the new BrawlVault icon, including myself.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: January 03, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »

I do agree, that the Shadow The Hedgehog population has been vary high and i did find the new icon funny because everyone makes him, but people are still making PSA's for Shadow and in the future there might be another problem with another hack that everyone will do and submit into the vault, because most people are not happy with one perfect hack they make lots of them differant versions of the same hack mostly.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:33:26 PM by Memories » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: January 03, 2011, 03:35:29 PM »

Yes, while the BV icon is funny, it still represents a very real problem.  The majority of hackers are only making hacks that are repeats of previous hacks, usually with little or no differences between the two.

Now, is there any way that we can fix this problem and encourage creativity among hackers?

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: January 03, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »

Yes, while the BV icon is funny, it still represents a very real problem.  The majority of hackers are only making hacks that are repeats of previous hacks, usually with little or no differences between the two.

Now, is there any way that we can fix this problem and encourage creativity among hackers?

For right now i think we should just think before we submit into the vault.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »

Ban Sonic the Hedgehog from the Brawl Vault forever. As much as I would hate it, I think there should be some kind of approval system when someone goes to submit.

The mods wouldn't need to be too scrupulous, but maybe they could just keep an eye out to limit the amount of crap that gets submitted?

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: January 03, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »

Isn't it kinda strange that Shadow has  MANY PSAs but Sephiroth has none finished or up to the level of completion Cloud's PSA???

Anyway, we should look @ the 1 player files more.
    When we figure them out, we should see people making SSE levels eventually.
    I cannot find Multi-Man-Brawl.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2011, 03:44:16 PM »

Anyway, we should look @ the 1 player files more.
    When we figure them out, we should see people making SSE levels eventually.

THAT would be pretty cool.

Plus, by then we'd have razanak's Boss Pack to spice things up a bit too. ^^

And maybe Marx will be finished up soon....

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: January 03, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »

Yes, most hacks are that of Shadow, of course and nobody mostly creates anything else or Finish their work of another hack, and somewhere on the line i think people that are doing Melee hacks are gonna start fighting, well their has been some fights but they have been taken care of, but what am talking about is doing the same hack is gonna cause some fights.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:48:08 PM by Memories » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »

It's not that I hate Shadow, but there are SO MANY FREAKIN' SHADOW HACKS! Every one claims to be "perfect."
    Isn't it kinda strange that Shadow has  MANY PSAs but Sephiroth has none finished or up to the level of completion Cloud's PSA???

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14242 ?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: January 03, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »

As for Fan Characters...

For your information, I haven't made a single fan-fiction of my character.

By the way, your sweeping generalization is wrong. Sure it may be a minority, but there are people who would play as a fan character, especially if they look good.

@Victory: If you made up a character, and made a texture or vertex of him, would you play as him? If so, you'd have a fan-character in your Brawl.

The only difference between fan-characters is who made them, what they look like, and how they are portrayed, in the end, they are all the same thing, fan-characters.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: