Sawndz 0.12
(http://i.imgur.com/zH1e6.png)
The tool to make your sound-replacing much easier.
Downloads
- Version 0.12 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?91mbz56y15fqf45)
- Version 0.12 (console app only) - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?j5tb1bb9g447y7b) - usage instructions (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.msg645311#msg645311)
- Version 0.072 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?6mdws7jeess2ua9)
- Version 0.062 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?uqt36rtt5fhb6ak)
- Version 0.061 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?ol8zn09gdpqvu53)
- Version 0.06 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s4q42k78sk84fnv)
- Version 0.051 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?32ojdhlwl3323rw)
- Version 0.04 - download (http://cid-80a075c4cf55b1a4.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/Brawl%20Mods/Sawndz%20Project/sawnds%20v.0.04.exe)
- Version 0.02 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nbr9aw5sa4lja11)
Looking forward the feedback. Thanks for attention.
awesome i like the New features
"New features in 0.061:
- Support for longer sounds
- Automatic hex packet creation
- Automatic insertion of automatically created hex packets"
:happy:
Quote from: SmashClash on April 03, 2011, 06:53:42 PM
"New features in 0.061:
- Support for longer sounds
- Automatic hex packet creation
- Automatic insertion of automatically created hex packets"
:happy:
Approved
is it now possible to replace a sound 00:02 long to 00:03 long if it is then i can easy make SFX for Goku´s kamehameha wave attacks :D (just to be sure if i am not right)
I'm gonna need to make Naruto over Ike the way it should be.
0_o
LONGER SOUND EFFECTS? I..
I love you :srs: (no homo)
Quote from: MarioDK on April 03, 2011, 07:34:26 PM
is it now possible to replace a sound 00:02 long to 00:03 long if it is then i can easy make SFX for Goku´s kamehameha wave attacks :D (just to be sure if i am not right)
Yes. Quality will be a bit lower, but not much.
Well, it seems Sawnds cut off the sound to fit Olimar's announcer call length. How exactly would I get longer sound effects?
I'll try to explain it.
Let's say we have a sound effect that can be only one second long. We want to insert a sample that is two seconds long. To do this, we have to speed up our sample twice (so it fits into the limit) and save it in original sound frequency. In Frequency divide field we have to type 2 (because the sound we want to insert is twice as long as the original sound). Frequency of sound will be divided by this value (hence the name of the field). And so, we get 2 seconds long sound.
Ahh, so in order for me to keep the same sound, Id have to half the pitch, so when the frequency is doubled, the noise sounds the same?
If you halved the pitch of original sound you have in SmashBox and type 0.5 in Frequency divide, you'd get a 2x faster sound.
If you doubled the pitch of original sound you have in SmashBox and type 2 in Frequency divide, you'd get a 2x slower sound.
If you had a sound that is twice as long as original sound, you'd have to speed it up twice and double pitch while doing so to fit it in the brsar.
Hope it's clear enough. I'm kinda bad at explaining stuff.
Alright, you explained it perfectly. It sure is a hassle though, I'm gonna touch it XD
Another bugfix version, guys.
- WAVE searching works properly - now you can insert e.g. punching sounds with satisfying quality. Found thanks to stickman.
- Fixed fix hex packet creating (I screwed up this one in 0.061, now it works again).
If something does not work right, report.
http://www.mediafire.com/?uqt36rtt5fhb6ak
You put automatically generated hex packets into rar. The downloader unpacks them into a folder, opens Sawndz, clicks "Insert Folder", selects one of the files in the folder (it doesn't matter which) and Sawndz loads all the hex packets from that directory, picking the offsets from the filenames. That's for easier sounds distribution.
Shorter, "Insert Folder" loads all the Sawndz generated hex packets from a chosen directory into your brsar.
btw. I need to do proper help file for this program one day.
"unpacks them".
Well, I can't describe it more clearly than this:
"Insert Folder loads all the Sawndz generated hex packets from a chosen directory into your brsar."
Yep, this function only supports automatically created hex packages from Sawndz 0.06-up. Sawndz 0.051 did not generate them automatically.
This function relies solely on names of files. If the name of your hex package fits sound*.hex or fix*.hex template (where * is hexadecimal offset), it will be recognized as Sawndz generated package.
It should work. When dialog pops up, make sure to select that file.
A new Sawndz? With longer SFX capability and automatic hex packets? And it still works great? Well, uh,
Quote from: SSJCerious on April 03, 2011, 07:39:58 PM
I love you :srs: (no homo)
Seriously, though, this program's extremely useful and awesome.
Holy crap! :o This awesome program is going to make me do a complete overhall on all of the SFX hacks I made. I love the thought of that, but I wish I looked into this sooner before I finished Eggman over Mario. But I digress, Thanks Jaklub for the new update. :) You and to all who worked on this program made things a lot easier for us.
Any tutorial?
Bumping with a new version.
Sawndz 0.07 has only one, but huge new feature - fully automatical generation of sound.wav. No more fiddling with Audacity and other sound editors - all you have to do is press a single button, choose your sound and it's ready.
However, to be able to use this, you must have SoX in directory with Sawndz.
http://sox.sourceforge.net/
Report any bugs, especially those related to Generate sound.wav. After all these bugs are fixed, Sawndz 0.071 will be released.
Download here
http://www.mediafire.com/?ec9pb54zzcnh9ja
EDIT: If you have pause in your sound, Generate sound.wav will not work properly. SoX gives a wrong length value. Anyone who can help, please PM me.
I'm with a problem here... I want to change a Wave, but after it doesn't have another in the same subgroup.What I need to do now? ( in this case, I'm trying to change the Win3 animation of Lucario's sound).
Lucario's Wave41 from first subgroup ends at 4DA20.
i hope i'm not the only person who has this problem, but norton antivirus keeps detecting a high threat in your program and deleting it. could you possibly upload it in a .rar or .zip file, so it can bypass norton.
Upload compressed? There you go.
http://www.mediafire.com/?n5w0b2nm0c47ygw
EDIT: Seems like faults of Generate sound.wav function were caused by outdated version of SoX. I'll be elaborating that option.
In the new version you say we don't always have to mess in sound editors for the sound to be right does It matter if you change the frequency in sawndz? Anyway I have a request can you make a melee Marth voice pack?
Yes. Thanks to the new function, all you have to do AFTER setting up the dat (you need Frequency and Length of wav fields filled) is press Generate sound.wav, choose the sound file you want to insert and Sawndz will create a suitable sound.wav and fill Frequency Divide field with fitting value. As far as I've tested, with newest SoX it works just fine. The only flaw I've found so far is that sometimes generated sounds are a little bit too long.
Anyway, this is second Melee Marth voice pack request I got. I don't know, I don't see the difference when it comes to samples (with exception of B attack). I sent this link to the last guy who requested it.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18027
With that, this seems to be matter of replacing a single sound.
Can you post a link to the newest SoX? Also it's not just one sound there's up-B side-B combos down-shield air-shield And N-B anyway is it possable to insert sounds that belong to a different character? Example: there's a melee Roy sound pack over Marth and I want it over Ike instead
sox.sourceforge.net -> Sourceforge's File Release System -> take the zipped win32 version
hmm? i have a question, what do you meen by support longer sounds, do you meen you can replace for example a 0.75 sec. sound with a 2.00 second sound?
yes
@donaldthescotishtwin: I saw your latest announcer call upload. Hex packets created by Sawndz should always work. I never had any problems with these and I got no reports they don't work. FYI, offsets the generated hex packets should be inserted to are in filenames.
Well my hex packets where created by just pressing convert and Insert then I sent them to ssbbtailsfan to test and he said the sound was too fast
Just tested your Roy call. First, the sample should have 1 channel. Because it has 2, the sound is slowed down. Second, the hex packet issue is caused by your sound being too long (0,2 second is a lot). If it wasn't, it would work fine and ROB's call wouldn't be interrupted.
After I inserted the generated hex packets, the only issue was ROB's sample being a bit cut at beginning.
You see, the sound hex packet is nothing more than copied spd file expanded to wave size - and that's the reason why it didn't work.
The sound was too fast probably because ssbbtailsfan got only the sound packet without packet with fix data.
I'll fix automatic hex packet creation in new version. It's an easy fix, so it will work.
You mean robs announcer call is interrupted when Inserting the hex packets? On my game it's fine but I didn't use sawndz 0.07 to make it also I sent ssbbtailsfan both the packet and the fix packet
What I mean is that the issue with Roy hex packets was not the speed, but the fact your sound is too long. Although it doesn't screw up the insertion in Sawndz, it does screw up the hex packet - and that will be fixed in next version. Thank you for that info, btw.
About too fast sound, it seems like ssbbtailsfan didn't insert the fix packet. I think one of you made a mistake, as the speed wasn't the issue with the packets.
NP does it sound accurate when inserted the way the text file says? Because I typed down exactly what I did before I inserted it
Yup, manual insertion of your sound works fine.
hmm okay then, but when I tried to insert a longer sound,the sound was just cut so it was the same length of the original...:S
Because it does not work that way.
Frequency Divide field is the key. I've tried to explain it once:
Quote from: Jaklub on April 03, 2011, 07:55:59 PM
I'll try to explain it.
Let's say we have a sound effect that can be only one second long. We want to insert a sample that is two seconds long. To do this, we have to speed up our sample twice (so it fits into the limit) and save it in original sound frequency. In Frequency divide field we have to type 2 (because the sound we want to insert is twice as long as the original sound). Frequency of sound will be divided by this value (hence the name of the field). And so, we get 2 seconds long sound.
If that isn't clear enough, for now stick to using Generate sound.wav in newest Sawndz till I stop being lazy. That option was made to make lives easier.
hmmm... but that way, it isn't realy supporting longer sounds.. cuz the sounds are just as long as they has to be because of the limit... but I guess I just have to do it this way :P
Lower the frequency -> Have a longer sound -> PROFIT
For now, that's how it has to work.
to lower frequency change the numbers in frequency divide in insertion options
New version up.
- Generate sound.wav bugfixes.
- Now automatic hex packets work even if sound was originally too long.
http://www.mediafire.com/?to0plxtz80k9pib
finaly possibly the best version of sawndz? btw iv seen your tails hack on YT will you make a thread for him?
Well, with exception of longer sounds in Sawndz demo (where he's only standing anyway), I haven't shown the hack yet.
It should get a lot closer to completion before any other showcase.
Can I use this to extract sounds from a brsar? >_> <_<
right click and press export so yes
Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on May 12, 2011, 05:35:31 PM
right click and press export so yes
does it work on 32 bit comp running on 64 bit operating system ? XP
i think
can you please make a video for the new feature that lets you add longer sounds? Im sorry but i don't think i'm doing it right... no matter what i do it cannot determine length of the sound :/
EDIT- nvm i got it i didnt know you had to use the original sound to do the frequency divide, thanks for the awesome program btw!
Edit- oh wait that didnt work... im getting closer though
Edit- heres what the log says if it helps...
___________________________________________
ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object gen_obj:
Error opening file for writing.
___________________________________________
ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object gen_obj:
File is not opened for reading.
___________________________________________
ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object gen_obj:
Trying to close unexisting text file.
___________________________________________
ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Left Released
for object gen_obj:
Cannot execute bat.bat >> stat.txt 2>&1
then it says could not get length of sound file, can you explain to me what im doing wrong?
Have you unpacked SoX with all needed dlls to Sawndz directory?
yeah i did that, still gives that error, however when i a character's original sfx it works...
Please give me your sound and dat files through PMs, then.
Did you rename the wav file to. "sound"?
@Jaklub, ok i'll do that now
@donald, yeah i did, still no dice
i may be bumping a dead-ish thread but i cant for the life of me work the generate sound wave option
It would be nice if you provided more details.
lol well it gives me errors and says things like "can not get length of sound" plus i'v forgotten how to insert longer sounds i did it the normal way of inserting sounds but it just doesnt work and i'v tryed 62 version and 72
The rule is that the path of the sound file can't contain ANY spaces. Gotta add a note to the tutorial.
Versions 0.062 and 0.072 are fundamentally the same, because the only addition in 0.07 was Generate sound.wav, which sadly nobody uses. Probably because I did not explain it well enough.
you should also add a tutorial on how to insert longer sounds because its not working for me and it used to so i might be going wrong somwhere
Generate sound.wav was made for simplifying insertion of longer sounds. Use Generate sound.wav properly and you should be fine.
well thats the problem i dont know how to use it so you should add a guide on your tutorial
Everything is in the tutorial. Read it again. Generate sound.wav is a matter of single click after setting up stuff properly.
Fine but I'm confused about the sound length and name thing do I add the name of the wav in my folder or in the brsar? Plus how do I add the length o remember adding something like 00:19.00 but it didn't work still
Your posts are hard to read. You don't state clearly where the problem appears, so I'll say this:
- To have Generate sound.wav working, you need to fill Frequency and Length of wav fields. The Length of wav field should be filled with original sound's length in this manner:
(seconds).(1/100seconds)
If your sound lasts 1 and half seconds, type this.
1.5
- To insert the sound, you need to fill ALL the fields above the "Information for users of .dat file" label.
- Generate sound.wav does all sound altering process for you. It creates sound.wav file so you don't have to do any outside file renaming when you're inserting a sound. And it does all the sound speeding up / slowing down and fills Frequency Divide field with a fitting value.
Everything is precised step by step. Try to not to do anything that isn't there, and if something is not clear enough there, quote it.
again im having trouble i'v pretty much figured out generate wav thing but it gives me "could not get the length of sound file" im trying to replace sonics final smash wave its 00:03.83 i put in "3.83" in sawndz(72)
You got the Length of wav field right.
Have you assured there are absolutely no spaces in your path and filename?
its a ripped sound from "shadow the hedgehog" game i renamed it to Shadowchaosblast
now i'v tryed added the actual name of the DAT file(save of sonics FS sound) and of the original on the brsar still says the same thing
2x post damn anway
the files of Sox i have is: zlib1.dll pthreadgc2.dll libgomp-1.dll dsptool.dll and sox
1 might not be from Sox
dsptool.dll is from Sawndz and it should be there.
You have what it needs. There are two options: wrong path or wrong sound format.
Just give me the sample and the dat. I'll check it.
i'll need your email i dont have the wrong sound format its a wav and i have folder on my desktop full of brawl backups i have a sawndz folder there
THIS is what is wrong.
Your desktop is localized in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop (at least it should look somewhat like this, I have different Windows language).
Documents and Settings has spaces.
Try somewhere else.
PS. You can contact me through PMs.
k i'll try it but im going away so in a few days but thanks for your help
2x post AGAIN wow
well i tryed anyway i moved the folder to my SD card and it still gives me the same error this time i renamed the wav "sound" because when i loaded the DAT it told me the wav needs to be in the same folder and it already was..
Aw man, load Sawndz and files onto the SD card? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
What you should do is unpack Sawndz into a nice place on your hard drive where path contains no spaces.
And, before you click Generate sound.wav, you don't need to have sound.wav in directory with Sawndz. You need sound.wav when you're actually inserting the sound into your brsar.
well i cant find a path without ANY space's so would it matter if i rename "documents and settings" to get rid of the spaces? really you should make a new sawndz so it doesnt matter if the paths have spaces
It will not matter if path has spaces in new Sawndz. But you won't see it before holiday, because next version will have something... HUGE.
It is impossible that you haven't got any path without spaces available. New folder creating perhaps? :] If you really can't find any place for Sawndz, make a folder somewhere in C: drive. That's where your desktop really is, after all. And renaming Documents and settings folder may have weird effects on your system. I wouldn't do that.
Do we have a list of wave files for characters yet?
Or what I mean when you replace a sound do we have a list contaqing the characters sound
that we're replacing, or are we still going to have to test for the sounds we're replacing?
I would assume we might have a list for captain falcon and various others who's sound's have been edited; But I don't know
mines a threat to my computer so i can't use it
False Positive is False. Try telling it that it isn't dangerous somehow.
So can this support longer sounds? I can update my PSX Gray Fox Audio hex pack if it does.
Quote from: EternalYoshi on June 08, 2011, 12:49:27 PMSo can this support longer sounds? I can update my PSX Gray Fox Audio hex pack if it does.
Yup. But don't go too overboard with the longer sounds, as quality may drastically decrease.
I have a question :
Why it's impossible to modify sound with BB v0.63? Obligate to use SmashBox 0.5x.
BrawlBox displays brsar files in very different way.
Ah, ok. :s
And you, Jaklub you preview to do a next hack?
I'm not sure what do you mean. I'm working on one hack now.
Quote from: Jaklub on June 12, 2011, 02:09:39 PM
I'm not sure what do you mean. I'm working on one hack now.
Ok
dammit I just had to share this.
Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8
Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PMdammit I just had to share this. Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8
awesome
thats means i can maybe get a SFX pack for metaknight if i port Goku over Him :D
Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PM
dammit I just had to share this.
Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8
^Wow... This is so much win right here! Well done!
Cool. Now I can fit ALL of PSX Gray Fox's quotes.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PMdammit I just had to share this. Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8
:O Mind = Blown
We can make Mr. G&W have words instead of beeps! Same with R.O.B. This is a true breakthrough with SFX Hacking.
Thank you Jaklub and VILE.
Freaking epic! Amazing work :srs:
Amazing! :happy:
Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PM
dammit I just had to share this.
Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8
Do want hopefully now it will be the glitch free version with no low quality sounds no matter how long they are and can replace any sound with longer ones
Thanks guys. But now,
I need your help
http://www.mediafire.com/?w5g6ye6jl12mozk
Use this brsar file and test it to DEATH.
Tell me if you have any problems with it.
Because it's an announcer call that's been replaced, definite majority of sound hex packets can be inserted without problems. However, if you want to replace Subspace Emissary sounds and enemy sounds (this is sounds from groups that are after snd_group_narration_characall), you have to insert them 26210 (156176 in decimal) bytes later.
also for those guys who have more knowledge about brsars. Yup, original announcer call is still there, it's because the longer sound adding progress isn't very automatized now.
I'm here to point out that I got the longer sound working in the .bsrar but..... the pitch is wrong. It sounds like he's giant XD.
Edit: I found my solution. It involves audacity.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 03, 2011, 01:29:28 AMI'm here to point out that I got the longer sound working in the .bsrar but..... the pitch is wrong. It sounds like he's giant XD. Edit: I found my solution. It involves audacity.
Post it? PM me?
Say hi to me?
It's super weird and seemingly counter intuitive.
Gimme a moment.....
OK. I'm not good at these so I'll just explain what I did.
First I got the lengths of the two sounds. In my situation, I got a sound that's 0.72 seconds long and the one from the .bsrar is 0.51 seconds long.
In that calculator I did 0.72/0.51 and rounded up the product to the nearest hundreth, 1.42, which I put into the Frequency Divide.
I inserted the sound by using convert and insert and it was at the wrong pitch.
So, i took note of the resulting frequency (15528) and then opened my Sound.wav backup in Audacity and change the frequency to 15528, saved it to NEOsound.wav. Then I opened that and removed the added seconds to make it match 0.72 seconds and overwrite sound.wav.
Then I closed Audacity(To prevent interference) and reinserted the sound, and that's that.
Faster way, do the frequency divide yourself in Audacity and then in Sawnds.
Just use Generate sound.wav instead. If some problems occur, refer here.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=24339.0
If it still doesn't work, you have to do it manually.
i got a idea for one of your´s next sawnds versions
do it so it can preview sounds like Smashbox but working in 64bit too
Same to me i try to put roy sfx and...
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 03, 2011, 01:29:28 AM
It sounds like he's giant XD.
Check the top of the page.
Cool, looks like my notes did not go to waste.
Good work on lengthening the sounds and lol at the sound you tested.
Just out of curiousity, did you build an offset rebuilder, or did you just edit the header and frequency settings to get a longer, but lower quiliaty sound (that sound was pretty long and the quality didn't sound like it suffered to heavily)?
I "slapped" the long sample onto the sound data of 0x31F group (that belongs to snd_group_narration_characall group) and edited the 0x31F collection to match it. WAVE header was also edited manually. Offsets of groups that are after snd_group_narration_characall were automatically edited by program.
The sound could have higher frequency, but I don't know if Wii would freeze.
Original Sonic sample is still there, but I'm working on functions that will allow the user to actually swap sounds.
Quote from: Bender Bending Rodríguez on July 03, 2011, 09:48:45 AMi got a idea for one of your´s next sawnds versions do it so it can preview sounds like Smashbox but working in 64bit too
SECOND!!!
Quote from: Bender Bending Rodríguez on July 03, 2011, 09:48:45 AM
preview sounds like Smashbox but working in 64bit too
This NEEDS to happen someday... Then we can all make our own soundpacks!
Just a question, is there a less repetitive way to insert sound.wav files?
I mean I hate to keep loading up the .dat file then rename the .wav file to sound.wav and repeat those steps around 35 times.
So, is there anyway to do this quicker?
No, but take it from someone who did the older method. This is 50x faster since you don't have to hex them in.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 16, 2011, 11:42:02 PM
No, but take it from someone who did the older method. This is 50x faster since you don't have to hex them in.
Wait do you mean hex .wav into the brsar or hex packets?
Well, at least doing the new method only takes around 5-15 minutes.
Renaming is not necessary anymore. Use Generate sound.wav, that function exists only because wav editing was tedious.
Anyway, next version will be much faster to use.
and...the ability for UNLIMITED long sfx :happy:
Quote from: Jaklub on July 16, 2011, 11:59:46 PM
Renaming is not necessary anymore. Use Generate sound.wav, that function exists only because wav editing was tedious.
Anyway, next version will be much faster to use.
Oh, ok. Thanks. :P
Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PM
dammit I just had to share this.
Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8
LOL "there's nothing more cotheresnotheres..." and the apocolypse of sonic voices commences
on another note, I plan to do more steve erkal voice hacks over the announcer, but the sounds there are too long...
I'm working on Sawndz 0.1 as we speak. It will be ready in a few days and will probably be up with another project I've been working on since a while.
awesome :D
the duration field do I cill that in like:
seconds fractionseconds?
OR
1.00
?
Yup, seconds.fractionseconds.
1 second - 1
1,62 seconds - 1.62
0,2 seconds - 0.2
I ran into the message "could not get the length of the sound file"
it worked once, and I tried it again without changing anything, and that..happened
Delete stat.txt file if it somehow got there.
Can't wait for its release today.
me either.
now you have to upload something else for one of my PSAs and the 2 tailed beast (ohh wait this not naruto but sonic)
awesome work
Goku and Pichu Bros. voices up. Tails will be uploaded tomorrow, because it needs some improvements.
So now I can just insert longer sounds by just filling in 3 fields?
Yes.
That means I have to redo those JPN SFX packs I made.
I kinda confused now... we enter IDs instead of offsets now?
also base wave?
is this like a way I can finally modify the sounds in the dedede final smash music? (its in sfx)
Yes, we enter IDs now.
Base Wave should be used only when the sound you inserted doesn't work ingame.
Nope, final smash music and all sorts of jingles like hammer or star are still uneditable.
I'll all sorts of confused...
How do us BrawlBox users get the Group, Collection and Wave IDs?
First, make a backup of your brsar.
I knew there could be a problem with group IDs, so I wrote them down in the groupids.txt file. It comes with Sawndz.
You have to find the group ID in the file of the character you want to alter.
Next, open the smashbros_sound.brsar in BrawlBox. Open snd folder. Next, open vc folder. Find the character you want to alter and open it's folder. Click at one of the files. In right-top part of the window, there is FileId number. Convert that number to hexadecimal and use it as Collection ID.
After this, click on the smashbros_sound in the top part of the list. In right-bottom part of the window, there will be a long list of various stuff. Find the element with number you got earlier (in decimal). Click on it and select Export. Export it to anywhere you want. Open File menu in BrawlBox and select Open. Choose the file you just exported. Now you can freely preview the voices of your character.
You should have two folders: Sounds and Audio. Open Audio folder. Find the sound you want to replace and convert it's number to decimal. Paste into Sawndz as Wave ID.
Click Insert and choose the sound you want to have in.
Should become pretty simple after you get used to it.
Make A Back-Up: Done!
Group IDs .txt: I read it. Thanks!
Group ID you want to alter: The narration of the character selection...which is NOT located in the vc Folder...
Everything else is complete and utter mind-harmers. Keep in mind I am new at this...
Narration of characters is the file 799 (collection 31F). Click smashbros_sound.brsar in the list (should have pink RSAR icon next to it). In a different part of window, there should be a looong list of files. Look for the file 799 and export it. After you open the newly exported in BrawlBox, you should be able to preview the sounds in Audio folder.
And sorry about instructions being not clear, I'm bad at explaining even in my native language, lol
Question: What does the name of the .wav file have to be?
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 23, 2011, 11:53:25 PM
Question: What does the name of the .wav file have to be?
It doesn't require a specific name.
Quote from: ds22 on July 24, 2011, 12:03:34 AM
It doesn't require a specific name.
Oh. OK. Thanks ds22. :)
...
Edit: I ran into an error. After I edit the .brsar with Swandz 0.1, I can't open it in either Brawl Box or Smash Box, I get an attempted to read or write protected memory error.
Redid my Japanese sound packs:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20889
@KJP
Did you follow the instructions correctly?
Quote from: ds22 on July 24, 2011, 12:29:57 AM
Redid my Japanese sound packs:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20889
@KJP
Did you follow the instructions correctly?
I put in the Group ID, Collection ID, and Wave ID. After I did that, I clicked on Insert and clicked on my .wav file and closed out of it after it was done replacing.
Well I wouldn't know what the problem could be then, sorry.
Quote from: ds22 on July 24, 2011, 12:44:12 AM
Well I wouldn't know what the problem could be then, sorry.
Maybe it's because of the computer system I'm using?
Windows Vista 64-Bit.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, so it might or might not.
@Jaklub
In your Melee menu SFX pack, you forgot 19.wav.
Quote from: ds22 on July 24, 2011, 12:47:47 AM
@Jaklub
In your Melee menu SFX pack, you forgot 19.wav.
"1.wav" goes in Wave01 and Wave19. Read the Readme.
As I said on Smashboards, a job well done. I added an announcer voice and some Sonic sounds and they sound great in Smashbox. I'll post back once I try them in game.
Quote from: Segtendoman Volnutt on July 24, 2011, 02:20:10 AM
"1.wav" goes in Wave01 and Wave19. Read the Readme.
As I said on Smashboards, a job well done. I added an announcer voice and some Sonic sounds and they sound great in Smashbox. I'll post back once I try them in game.
Though it said "19.wav"...
Shouldn't be doing stuff like this at 3-4 AM.
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 24, 2011, 12:06:32 AMI ran into an error. After I edit the .brsar with Swandz 0.1, I can't open it in either Brawl Box or Smash Box, I get an attempted to read or write protected memory error.
I'm having the same problem. It's fine with normal sou nds, but anything even slightly over the limit and I get this error message.
Guys, tell me what do you have in fields and send me the .wavs. I want to fix it as fast as I can.
Awesome Job Jaklub :D
EDIT:
Where i can find the WAVE ID?
It's shown in the image that comes with Sawndz
Jaklub, are you going to redo the Melee hit SFX?
Some of them may sound better now with Sawndz 0.1 (also the fire hit SFX either wasn't in or very quiet).
Yes, I'm gonna redo my remaining sound packs today to be insertable with Sawndz 0.1. Melee hit pack will probably be complete, I have yet to rip more sounds from SSB.
Good to know.
Thank you. :)
Quote from: Jaklub on July 24, 2011, 06:36:12 AM
Guys, tell me what do you have in fields and send me the .wavs. I want to fix it as fast as I can.
I was just testing the program out.
I wanted to replace Lucas saying PK Freeze with something else.
This is what I placed in the program:
Group ID: 20
Collection ID: 215
Wave ID: 2
Uhmm... If you were willing to replace the "PK Freeze" voice, you got the collection wrong - you've pointed to collection with Lucas' sound effects, not voices (maybe it's different in other brsars than NTSC-U). Still, I tested the both options and nothing special happened, they were replaced normally.
Please send me the .wav you were trying to get.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 24, 2011, 03:31:10 PM
Uhmm... If you were willing to replace the "PK Freeze" voice, you got the collection wrong - you've pointed to collection with Lucas' sound effects, not voices (maybe it's different in other brsars than NTSC-U). Still, I tested the both options and nothing special happened, they were replaced normally.
Please send me the .wav you were trying to get.
The .brsar I'm using is the NTSC one :-\
...
But there is another collection ID, I could try that one.
Well, if the insertion ruins the brsar, changing the collection probably won't help. Could you send the .wav file to me?
Quote from: Jaklub on July 24, 2011, 05:46:13 PM
Well, if the insertion ruins the brsar, changing the collection probably won't help. Could you send the .wav file to me?
Actually, changing the collection did help. :-\
I honestly have no idea what happened and I still want to investigate your .wav.
Or maybe just report any problems that happen in future.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 24, 2011, 05:57:50 PM
I honestly have no idea what happened and I still want to investigate your .wav.
Or maybe just report any problems that happen in future.
Will do. ;)
Quote from: Jaklub on July 24, 2011, 06:36:12 AM
Guys, tell me what do you have in fields and send me the .wavs. I want to fix it as fast as I can.
I have
Group: 9
Collection: BA
Wave: 14
It replaces the sound, I can even hear the new sound if I don't exit out of smash box, but when I do I get the error. This only happens with longer sounds. Even if I try a 0.84 or a 0.83, although same size and shorter work fine
Works well on both of my test samples (the second of which lasts glorious 40 seconds). Try saving your .wav in Audacity or sndrec32.exe and attempt again.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 24, 2011, 10:27:52 PM
Works well on both of my test samples (the second of which lasts glorious 40 seconds). Try saving your .wav in Audacity or sndrec32.exe and attempt again.
WOW talk about limitless, I did that and it wokred, but instead of .83 it says 4.99 o-o gotta fix that. I'll report any new issues ^_^
Forgot to mention I didn't test that ingame lol. Probably wouldn't work. I just wanted to say that I had no problems with brsar after using the data you provided to insert a sample.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 24, 2011, 10:37:34 PM
Forgot to mention I didn't test that ingame lol. Probably wouldn't work.
Nice, Audacity just added alot of empty space after saving it for some reason. Anyway I deleted it and it worked so thanks ^_^ AMazing how simple this is now. And it dosen't even slow down my pc. Before it went down so slow it moved at a next to nothing pace :srs:
base wave ID.... where do i find that information?
I also did everything correctly and smashbox doest open the brsar after..
can i stuff a LONG sound say.. "did I do thaatatatatt" over "game set"?
also i found the sound overflowed over across the 4 other wave in front of the target wave
You don't use base wave, unless you continuously cannot get the sound to work and you've already tried saving the sound in Audacity.
If you can stuff that, I think you can, after all I got 40-seconds clip to work over announcer call.
Sound over-flowing happened to me only when the sound had a really weird frequency (it was exactly 13370). Try using more standard one and you should be fine.
the frequ i used was 16000...
can you recommend one i try?
Yes. I still believe it may be a problem with your .wav. Have you tried saving it in Audacity?
i use sony ACID to combine Left and right, then split it into a mono wav and export with audacity
re-exported and worked....
(however, i will use the Last sawndz version mainly, and use 0.1 sparingly (and w/caution lol) when i need an outrageously long sound inserted)
Actually, it's better to use new Sawndz all the time, as when your sound is shorter than original, you save space for something bigger.
well i will stick with what i said above until i get 100% no error rate with the new one
I keep getting a group is incorrect.
sure it's simple, but it doesn't work on Hex packets..
I think you're filling in incorrect Group ID field.
No, i'm using what the Hex packets are telling me to use
It's just hex packets that don't work.
i'll just use Hex editors for Hex packets.
Unless you're going to get the offsets yourself pretty much everytime, you'd better not.
The second group ID is not for offsets, it's for group IDs. If you're willing to use a hex packet to replace voice of for example Mario, you don't type the offset there, you type the group ID of snd_group_chara_mario - it's 8.
Now the offsets change everytime you're getting longer or shorter sounds in.
ooohhh..
didn't completely understand that.
now i know and knowins is half the bat... *SHOT
You've done some epic work Jaklub!
My only problem with it is that after I did like five replacements on DK it completely mutes him in Brawl not in SmashBox, I can't get my way around it. :(
It means you have to make cuts. This happens when you have too much stuff in character's group. Sad, I know.
Browse around, boot the samples you don't use, lower quality of those which you hear more rarely, trim samples.
Thanks I'll try it.
For the first three fields (i'm trying to make a sound pack) the picture doesn't tell me what file that is... is it from the brsar? Because brawl box can't open that... unless I need a specific version?
Is there a tutorial for how to make sound packs?
Yes, it's the brsar. I totally forgot to add in the instructions that it should be opened with Smashbox 0.57.
Tutorial will be done tomorrow.
I was trying to do what you told me but it lead me to another problem it seems that any replacements in DK's 2nd collection causes the other groups to corrupt.
I tried putting a sound there - works. It's probably caused by your .wav. Try exporting it in Audacity.
It replaces perfect (I've tried a lot, all exported from Audacity) but when I look at other groups they end up corrupt.
so how can i learn how to put my own SFX's onto this? like lets say i wanted to edit the Shadow over DK. i want to change a few things like what he says during the final smash, the taunts. and even the victory ones too.
You open the smashbros_sound.brsar file in Smashbox, run Sawndz, fill the fields like it's shown on the instructions.png and click Insert.
@SuperrSonic: Try exporting it again, then. And remember to have some standard frequency.
It keeps happening, first it replaces fine then the other groups don't work, didn't that happen to you??
The frequencies I've used were 16000, 8000, 22050
EDIT: It works now, quick question am I not supposed to have the .brsar opened with SmashBox when I do the replacing?
Because that seemed to have caused it...
Yes, if you're willing to test your sound, your Smashbox should not be opened. It simply doesn't reload all the stuff.
How about that tutorial? I still have no idea what to do...
Say is there a limit to how much you can add to the sounds? Because I think I hit it. Stupid link only say short loud things
As for characters, try to not go over ~D0000 Data2Length. Ganon has D2E20.
And about tutorial, I'm getting to this right now.
where can i find the Smashbox im looking for?
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?awdvg58y0vbd5qj
How do you test the sounds?
First Smashbox/Brawlbox, then in game.
Also, first part of the tutorial is up.
When I click on a wave it gives me an error. Am I supposed to be able to preview it?
And where is the tutorial?
If clicking on a Wave in SmashBox gives you an error, it means you can't preview it - that wave has nothing. I haven't tested if these can be replaced, they should be.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=24339.0
Quote from: Jaklub on July 26, 2011, 07:56:20 PM
If clicking on a Wave in SmashBox gives you an error, it means you can't preview it - that wave has nothing. I haven't tested if these can be replaced, they should be.
I tired, it killed my brsar and I had to get a new one.
EDIT: Also sometimes adding sounds will cause other sounds to give me that error message.
I replaced Wave 6 in joucyu group, which originally caused "Dividing by 0" error. It worked fine, no broken brsars.
So far every error I've noticed seems to be caused by incorrect .wav files, it seems.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 26, 2011, 08:14:00 PM
I replaced Wave 6 in joucyu group, which originally caused "Dividing by 0" error. It worked fine, no broken brsars.
So far every error I've noticed seems to be caused by incorrect .wav files, it seems.
Well I guess it's jsut me but my brsar dies alot, and I mean ALOT!
Try exporting your .wavs in Audacity everytime you want to insert them. Or put a test sample which you know does work before you want to insert something.
I'm going to release Sawndz 0.11 tomorrow. It will now pick the frequency not from wav file, but from spt. It should fix many problems, if it doesn't, there is not much I can do about the problematic wavs.
EVERY wave in Smashbox gives me an error when I click it. I can't preview sounds.
It doesn't say anything about complying by 0.
Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on July 26, 2011, 08:43:23 PM
EVERY wave in Smashbox gives me an error when I click it. I can't preview sounds.
It doesn't say anything about complying by 0.
Are you by any change using a 64-bit computer?
Yeah. Is it not compatible?
You have to do it the hard way then - through the BrawlBox.
If you're not willing to search around this thread, wait for the tutorial.
Why is that?! Can't it be made to work for 64 bit computers?
I'm not aware of any ways to do so
You should find someone to help you with that. There must be a way.
well im using a 32-bit computer and it's still doing that same problem.
When you're using 32-bit computer, "Divide by 0" error is a normal thing on some of the Waves. But not when you get it on every Wave.
I've replaced a plethora of sounds thanks to this, it works flawlessly.
Quick far-fetched question, if Brawl itself is the cause of the limit of D0000 would it be possible to create a code that fixes that? But I guess that's asking for too much. xD
You Can't Type in "x". This is problematic when the IDs I want are numbers like "0xDF".
Umm... you don't type in "0x" You only type what's after it.
Hi I have two questions:
1. I downloaded your goku.sawnd file so i could use it on captain but, I'm not sure how to get it on my brsar or what to do with it.
2. Also I have Sawndz 0.1 but how do I get it to find and read my brsar? Right now when I click insert it says "brsar missing", I put both my regular brsar and the backup in the same folder as Sawndz but it still can't find either. What do I now... did I miss something?
Your brsar needs to be called exactly "smashbros_sound.brsar".
I also have a few questions:
1. How do you go about inserting a .sawnd?
2. To insert a .wav, is all I have to do is type in the wav ID and press insert? ~SOLVED~
1. Put smashbros_sound.brsar in the same directory the program is, click Insert .sawnd and choose the .sawnd file.
2. You have to fill in Group ID, Collection ID and Wave ID. There is a tutorial on Brawlvault.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 27, 2011, 02:41:24 PM
1. Put smashbros_sound.brsar in the same directory the program is, click Insert .sawnd and choose the .sawnd file.
2. You have to fill in Group ID, Collection ID and Wave ID. There is a tutorial on Brawlvault.
Okay, thanks for your help, Jaklub. ^^
Last question: I downloaded your Melee Sound Pack V2, it decreased my .brsar's size. Is that supposed to happen?
Yes, that is supposed to happen.
So quick question. Everytime I insert a longer soud, it makes ALL the sounds down the list after it mess up, and I mean mess up :srs:
Turn your SmashBox off and turn it on again. If it doesn't work, give me your .wav file.
And this time I mean it.
No no no not like that. Lets say I take a fresh new brsar :happy: Everything sounds great right? Now let's say I go to the anouncer calls and insert Megaman Volnutt over rob. I close smashbox, and open it back up, it sounds perfict :af: Hurray. But now Snake, shadow, toonlink, and wolf are all messed up :oshi: This is proven by the fact that it's like that ingame two
and that's how it works
It depends on what are you trying to insert. Not all hex packets are compatible (but if you have unmodified brsar they can be inserted into the brsar through old Sawndz, hex editing or HexInsert just fine). The .sawnd file shouldn't ruin anything. Many .wavs too.
Also, I just tested. Test sample inserted fine into Rob's announcer call slot, not ruining anything.
It's not a hex it's just a .wav file. And everytime I enter in a longer sound on anythign all the sounds are it become messed up, the longer the sound the more messed up they become. Actully I think It might just be shove the sounds after it downward.
An example?
I insert: This'll be over in a nano second over a sound I've never heard link use that's about half the length. The result? This'll be over in a nano secound :af: But the other files are like Ga, HI, YYAAAG , AHto
Like that o-o
As I said, you need to close your SmashBox each time you insert a sound, or else you will not get a good preview.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 27, 2011, 09:41:39 PM
As I said, you need to close your SmashBox each time you insert a sound, or else you will not get a good preview.
I do, what I'm saying is the end result when I open it back up. And it's also the result in game
I've already said that I need to see your .wav file, too.
Actully It kinda died on me, I can insert a sound into a new one and send that to you if it will be sufisten
Just give me your .wav file, through PMs or not.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 27, 2011, 09:46:59 PM
Just give me your .wav file, through PMs or not.
It's not that I need you to insert it, otherwise you'd end up doing everything beacuse most of the sounds I'm trying to insert are longer I can easily solve the problem by just re inserting the other sounds, I jsut wanted to see if I could get around that.
Anyway for whatever porpuse here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?xdxziv9424j05rs
Just successfully inserted that sample. The Jigglypuff voice, wave 35, plays nicely.
I don't know what are you talking about.
Hm. Must just be an effect of my computer then
I'm looking to replace Jigglypuff's sound effects with her sound effects from the PAL version. I attempted to do this by downloading joem3693's Japenese sound effects pack (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14136), exporting group 29 as a sawnd file, and importing it into my brsar file.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working properly. The vocal sound effects show up when I view it in smashbox, but the other set of sound effects (jumping, ducking, rolling, etc.) do not. I believe you mentioned at some point that the file structure would have to match, and here they do not; there are more waves in joem3693's version.
The question I have is, how could I get around this? Will I have to export each sound as an individual wav file and then re-import all of them, or is there a way to get the sawnd files to behave properly?
Edit for anyone rereading the thread: I was confused while writing this. I actually wanted to copy NTSC-J sound effects to an NTSC-U brsar.
Okay, Sawndz 0.11, anyone who had problems with brsar-breaking sounds or needed a tutorial should try this one.
http://www.mediafire.com/?pbc4lgzijx8dttd
@up: If you have PAL versions, sounds will not match. You have to manually export every Purin sample and get it into your PAL brsar.
so if the goku sfx pack can also go in pal brsar now? and the new SFX packs there is made?
if so we just needing to edit SFX IDs in PSA and PAL got SFX packs too :D
If you want to have Goku-sounding Goku (lol) in PAL SSBB:
- you need to reinsert every sound manually because of wonderful multilingual crowd cheers in PAL version
- you have to modify the sound IDs in FitCaptain.pac
So yeah. It's possible, but requires a bit of work
All right hate to go back to old conversations but just one more go might do some good :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I insert Megaman Volnutt into Rob
Rob Now says: Megaman Volnutt
The jigglypuff now says: Pufftoonli
Toonlink now says: nikwol
Wolf now says: Fsna
Snake now says: keSoni
Sonic now says: kFighti
Then alloy teams says:ng allouy team (Then theres a really loud an andying cliking sound for the rest of the sound)
And yeah, that's a clear explanation of my sound. I also am using a 32-bit computer if it changes any. So just seeing if this would help clear things up o-o[/spoiler]
Quote from: Jaklub on July 27, 2011, 10:35:38 PM
If you have PAL versions, sounds will not match. You have to manually export every Purin sample and get it into your PAL brsar.
I'm aware of this, which is why I'm taking the sounds from joem3693's brsar rather than the PAL brsar. joem3693 already did the work of copying everything over; his file seems to almost exactly match the NTSC file's structure.
I did notice that he added a single extra sample to the Purin voice sound effects (total of 45, not 44). I'd like to remove this final (unused) sound effect and try copying the group again, but I'm not sure how to do so. I know this has probably been explained already, but I'm not sure where. Could you point me towards some instructions?
Edit for anyone rereading the thread: I was confused while writing this. I actually wanted to copy NTSC-J sound effects to an NTSC-U brsar.
...you need to figure out how to make this work on 64 bit computers...
Sorry if it seems like I'm nagging but you really do. That's so unfair that I can't use it just because I happen to have one of the two kinds of computers.
whoevver made smashbox should give us the source code so we con modify it to work on N 64-bit computers :P
well im still trying to get Smashbox to work, but its not letting me look at the Waves.
Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on July 28, 2011, 04:51:12 AM
...you need to figure out how to make this work on 64 bit computers...
Sorry if it seems like I'm nagging but you really do. That's so unfair that I can't use it just because I happen to have one of the two kinds of computers.
*sigh* Use the BrawlBox way! I wrote down the groups and collections for a reason, you know. :srs:
@player_03: The structure must be exactly the same if you want to simply copy stuff over. You must manually export the Purin sounds and get them into the PAL brsar.
@Pervy: That only happened to me once, when sound had a really weird frequency. I had no problems with your announcer sample. Try restarting your computer.
Actually, I'm trying to move sound effects from the PAL version to the NTSC version, not the other way around. (Edit: Sorry, I was *really* confused here. I meant to say that I was copying from NTSC-J to NTSC-U.)
Anyway, I took your advice, exporting the sounds individually and adding them in. It works fine in Smashbox, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, the file is 43600 bytes larger than the original, which presumably means it wouldn't work in-game.
I've started looking for relatively long waves that aren't used much so I can shorten them, but if you know a better way to reduce the filesize, I'd like to hear it.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 28, 2011, 06:27:48 AM@Pervy: That only happened to me once, when sound had a really weird frequency. I had no problems with your announcer sample. Try restarting your computer.
Gave that example right after I restarted my computer actuly.
Wait. I jsut tried again and it's working. I had ;eft my laptop off for an hour. Hm, I'll report back with any new problems I have, and just to check, the correct frequency is 16000 right?
Quote from: Pervy Shadow of Shadow Bros Inc. on July 28, 2011, 07:46:14 AM
Gave that example right after I restarted my computer actuly.
Wait. I jsut tried again and it's working. I had ;eft my laptop off for an hour. Hm, I'll report back with any new problems I have, and just to check, the correct frequency is 16000 right?
unless I have notable quality drops when converting down a frequency, I just export it with the frequency of the sound i am replacing....
brawl has:
48000 (usually anything else in the char voice)
32000 (usually hit voices)
22050 (usually sound effects)
16000 (usually announcer)
6000 (wii mote)
Quote from: player_03 on July 28, 2011, 07:31:12 AM
Actually, I'm trying to move sound effects from the PAL version to the NTSC version, not the other way around.
Anyway, I took your advice, exporting the sounds individually and adding them in. It works fine in Smashbox, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, the file is 43600 bytes larger than the original, which presumably means it wouldn't work in-game.
I've started looking for relatively long waves that aren't used much so I can shorten them, but if you know a better way to reduce the filesize, I'd like to hear it.
Looks like I misunderstood you about waves transferring. Increases can be quite big, but what really matters is the size. If you're just copying PAL samples, you should be fine.
Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 28, 2011, 08:41:05 AM
unless I have notable quality drops when converting down a frequency, I just export it with the frequency of the sound i am replacing....
brawl has:
48000 (usually anything else in the char voice)
32000 (usually hit voices)
22050 (usually sound effects)
16000 (usually announcer)
6000 (wii mote)
Huh, i've onle done anouncer calls before so ;D
Thanks for the help guys
If you have any other problems, write.
Will do ;D
after a recent small replace on the announcer, ALL the wii mote SFX muted in-game, but still play in smash box....
I think you should start cutting or lowering frequency of your announcer samples. As far as I know, things get mute when you have too much stuff.
currently, I follow the frequency the original sound i am replacing uses, should I cut all the frequency on it, or cut the time on them? (will the sfx return after that is done?)
The samples which sound horrible after frequency lowering, trim them. Others, lower the frequency. SFX should return after it's done. If they don't, do further cuts. Repeat till they return.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOb9s9ZGS_s[/youtube}
looks like i''m cutting ROB, and lowering freq's on "ASS" "Now back to you sega..." and "thisfatass[censored]"
(i made no changes to the brsar after uploading that)
It's up to you which to cut.
Personally, I'd begin with Bowser one
i'm also resetting the 16k frequency on wii mote dedede back to 6k
You had 16000 frequency on Wiimote sample? :-\ Get rid of that and test, hopefully will work.
;D ^ yah... jsut for giggles, i did that, and the wiimote becable overly obnoxious (until i inserted diddy from dk64 over his announcer)
Jaklub, are there any chat's that your regularly participate in?
I want to discuss something with you.
Nope.
I may enter KCMM IRC if you want, though.
Quick question, to louden sounds all I have to do is amplify it correct? And if my sounds have a frequency of 44100 instead of 48000 how would that affect them?
Yes, you have to amplify them.
44100 frequency is still very high for a sample to be inserted to Brawl. 32000 is absolute max, the quality (http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/143/193/cad-20080602-358b1.jpg?1309710446) won't be drastic.
Would making it go higher quiet the sounds or just make them sound worse?
Frequency going lower decreases quality of your sound, but makes them smaller. Frequency going higher simply pumps up the size of the sound and therefore should never be done (unless you have crackles in SmashBox).
If you want to change volume of sounds, don't change frequency - use a sound editor.
on the newest swandz. you have already given us the Group ID's and Collection ID's right? all we need to do is find the wave ID?
does sawndz 0.11 change the file size because when i use a .sawnd file it does. I did enter the group ID.
@MandoWolfe: The text file included with Sawndz doesn't contain all of them, but can be used as reference.
@Link1213: Yes.
ok thanks Jaklub. does anyone know the error "Attempted to divide by zero" in smashbox. I inserted a .sawnd then went to smash box to test all the sound then when i get to this one certain .wav ID (wav21) it gives me an error but when i click continue it still works. it doesn't crash though.
In smashbros_sound.brsar, there are many empty sounds which, when selected in SmashBox, cause divide by 0 error.
Probably the author of the .sawnd you used just didn't fill the empty sound.
ok i figured out how to replace it. thanks. :) but how can i get it to play the sound i want? i already put the sound i want into my brsar. i changed one of the sounds that didnt seem to play on the ShadowKong one. so i was wondering was there a way that i can get it to play that sound instead of the one he's currently using for his final smash?
Use SmashAttacks.
yeah i got up to that part. but what do i do once i've opened it?
This is something not related to topic anymore. It's an easy task, just search around a bit.
Quote from: Jaklub on July 27, 2011, 02:41:24 PM
1. Put smashbros_sound.brsar in the same directory the program is, click Insert .sawnd and choose the .sawnd file.
2. You have to fill in Group ID, Collection ID and Wave ID. There is a tutorial on Brawlvault.
There is no tutorial on brawlvault. Could you please post a full tutorial on how to use sawndz 0.11 with sawnd files please?
Quote from: iamafr3es0le on August 05, 2011, 08:47:49 PM
There is no tutorial on brawlvault. Could you please post a full tutorial on how to use sawndz 0.11 with sawnd files please?
he is working on it...
Actually, I removed the thread and the tutorial is now the help of Sawndz 0.11.
everytime I try to open it, it gives me a message that says:
Failed to intialize drawing surfaces. Please check that your graphic card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up-tp-date.If your graphics cards has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution
Restart your computer and try again. If it doesn't work, bad news - program will be much harder, but not impossible to use. Ask for further instructions then.
Hey Jaklub! I have just a couple questions for Sawndz. I already have sound effects for the Lloyd Irving beta over wolf. If i use Sawndz, I will be able to insert the new sound effecs and still keep mine correct?
Second question, what file do i open in brawlbox to get the Group, Collection, and Wave ID's???
1. If you insert the Lloyd's sounds and then insert other sounds, your Lloyd sounds won't be erased. If you meant adding entirely new sounds (not replacing), it's not possible now.
2. smashbros_sound.brsar. Check out the help.
Quote from: Jaklub on August 17, 2011, 02:47:29 PM
1. If you insert the Lloyd's sounds and then insert other sounds, your Lloyd sounds won't be erased. If you meant adding entirely new sounds (not replacing), it's not possible now.
2. smashbros_sound.brsar. Check out the help.
Alright, then i guess i will get to work. Thanx for your help, and ill let you know if anything else comes up :)
EDIT: I meant to insert Goku's SFX with sawndz. When i do insert Goku's SFX, it wont create a new .brsar correct? It will just put "Goku.sawnd" over captain falcon's? Either way, i guess i'll find out lol. I just pressed "insert sawnd"
New Sawndz released. It's a bugfix version, so if you have Sawndz 0.1 or 0.11, you'd better get this one.
http://www.mediafire.com/?91mbz56y15fqf45
I wanted to get Loop feature in, but [censored]'s more complicated that I thought at first. You'll get it some other time.
EDIT: Just noticed, something may be still screwed up. Please use with care, I'm searching for bugs.
EDIT2: Localized the bug, removing it. Please don't download it now.
EDIT3: Fixed, now should work.
What's fixed in .12?
Bug related to .sawnd files. Not entire data from them was copied (some may have noticed that while digging around the Tails SFX pack). Now it's fixed and should always work.
Full support for old .sawnd files was kept, however.
Apparently, I get this error when I try to use the program.
"Failed to initialize drawing surfaces. Please check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up-to-date. If your graphics card has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution."
What is this?!
I'm using Windows 7 Professional.
Restart your computer and try again.
Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 09:42:57 AMRestart your computer and try again.
Tried that and it didn't work.
Are you using a toaster or a computer? ;p j/k. You have to resort to the more work-involving way.
1. Get those 3 files on your own and put them into the directory with Sawndz.
soundfile.dll
sndconv.exe
dsptool.dll
2. You still need the smashbros_sound.brsar in your directory.
3. If you want to insert a single .wav sound, rename it to sound.wav and put it into your directory with Sawndz. Create a text file, e.g. sawnd.txt. Open it and copy-paste that:
BEGIN a
File sound.wav
OUTPUT ADPCM
END
Next, use command line to run this
sndconv sawnd.txt -a
Instead of sawnd.txt write the name of your text file.
After that operation, run this in your command line.
sawndz insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0
ALL ARGUMENTS IN DECIMAL.
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group your sound is in.
Instead of -collid write the collection ID of the collection your sound is in.
Instead of -wavid write the wave ID of the wave you want to replace.
Instead of -frequency write the frequency of your sound.
0 should always be there at the end.
I assume you probably won't be using base wave functionality, so I'll explain it some other time.
4. If you want to create a sawnd file, first make sure there is no sawnd.sawnd file in the directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawndcreate -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group of which you want to create the sawnd file. In decimal.
5. If you want to insert a sawnd file, rename it to sawnd.sawnd and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawnd
6. If you want to insert a hex packet, rename it to hex.hex and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz hex -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the ID of group which hex packet replaces. In decimal.
And that's pretty much it. To get the group IDs, collection IDs and wave IDs refer to the image included with Sawndz. Use SmashBox 0.57 to open your brsar.
Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 11:01:28 AMAre you using a toaster or a computer? ;p j/k. You have to resort to the more work-involving way. 1. Get those 3 files on your own and put them into the directory with Sawndz. soundfile.dll sndconv.exe dsptool.dll 2. You still need the smashbros_sound.brsar in your directory. 3. If you want to insert a single .wav sound, rename it to sound.wav and put it into your directory with Sawndz. Run this in your command line. sawndz insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0 ALL ARGUMENTS IN DECIMAL. Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group your sound is in. Instead of -collid write the collection ID of the collection your sound is in. Instead of -wavid write the wave ID of the wave you want to replace. Instead of -frequency write the frequency of your sound. 0 should always be there at the end. I assume you probably won't be using base wave functionality, so I'll explain it some other time. 3. If you want to create a sawnd file, first make sure there is no sawnd.sawnd file in the directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line sawndz sawndcreate -groupid Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group of which you want to create the sawnd file. In decimal. 4. If you want to insert a sawnd file, rename it to sawnd.sawnd and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line sawndz sawnd 5. If you want to insert a hex packet, rename it to hex.hex and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line sawndz hex -groupid Instead of -groupid write the ID of group which hex packet replaces. In decimal. And that's pretty much it. To get the group IDs, collection IDs and wave IDs refer to the image included with Sawndz. Use SmashBox 0.57 to open your brsar.
Thanks! I'll give it a try!
Sorry, I made a mistake in point 3. I'll fix it right now.
Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 11:26:35 AMSorry, I made a mistake in point 3. I'll fix it right now.
I knew something was up with that while I was trying to add sounds. Thanks again :)!
I'm trying to make a Meta Knight announcer sound replacement, and when I play it in brawl it's slowed down. The clip isn't even a second long, the Frequency 16000, and it is in mono. What do I do?
Are you sure you're using the newest Sawndz?
Please send me the clip if you are.
...Yeah, I'm not. I just updated, thanks ^^;
Now I'm having trouble while I'm trying to insert a WAV file. I keep getting this error say "Group is incorrect" or something. Did I do something wrong?
I was trying to replace the audience's Captain Falcon chant (root, cheer, whatever its called).
You're trying to use non-existent group. Write what are you exactly trying to run.
BTW Captain Falcon's group ID is 20.
Quote from: Jaklub on August 22, 2011, 09:20:39 PM
You're trying to use non-existent group. Write what are you exactly trying to run.
BTW Captain Falcon's group ID is 20.
It didn`t do squat! I followed the instructions you gave me, but none of them worked! What else do I need to do to insert a wave?
Quote from: Lord Orga on August 23, 2011, 12:17:13 AM
It didn`t do squat! I followed the instructions you gave me, but none of them worked! What else do I need to do to insert a wave?
Tell me what step are you stuck in and I will help.
i am new to this sound stuff but is Sawndz used to make sounds? or to just put them into a smashbros_sound?
Quote from: Alex Thing on August 23, 2011, 03:15:27 PMi am new to this sound stuff but is Sawndz used to make sounds? or to just put them into a smashbros_sound?
To put them
Quote from: MandoWolfe on August 23, 2011, 05:53:35 PMTo put them
Put .wav files, hexpackets and .sawnd files, to be exact.
Quote from: Jaklub on August 23, 2011, 09:08:47 AMTell me what step are you stuck in and I will help.
I inserted the wave I want to put in place of the Captain Falcon chant (Wave6) and when I went to check to see if the sound was there, low and behold, nothing changed! What did I do wrong?
Weird.
Have you closed and reopened your Smashbox and opened the right file? Did the console Sawndz spit out any errors?
Quote from: Jaklub on August 23, 2011, 07:53:27 PMWeird. Have you closed and reopened your Smashbox and opened the right file? Did the console Sawndz spit out any errors?
Does it have to stay closed while I'm inserting the sound?
It has, just checked for sure. It's that before Sawndz 0.1 you weren't forced to close Smashbox.
Quote from: Jaklub on August 23, 2011, 08:02:25 PMIt has, just checked for sure.
Oh. Well, yes and no. I'll keep Smashbox closed and try again.
Anyone know of a guide or tutorial to use this?
Quote from: DaytonaW on August 29, 2011, 01:28:53 PM
Anyone know of a guide or tutorial to use this?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=31609.new#new
Jaklub Can you make a feature in 0.13 that allows you to add .sawndz files to other chracters, for instance, If I wanted yoshi viewtiful joe sfx and I want them from captain falcon and I can only export the sawnd from captain falcon and it would only work for him. I want to make the .sawndz file capable of importing it to any characater. I dont want to have to export all the .wavs in captain falcons with yoshi its a waste of time and its exausting *facepalm*, and making it a swandz file will be much quicker. You Feel Me :af:
Actually, subgroup copying would make quite a cool feature, but I'm not sure if it would work. And if the collection you're copying would have more waves than the replaced one, the some waves would become unusable in-game because of lack of corresponding sound IDs.
How do I check what groupID is what? The brawlbox.txt doesn't help.
To check what a group is responsible for, you simply open it and play it's samples. In SmashBox, after you highlight a group there is a group ID shown.
Quote from: Jaklub on September 04, 2011, 09:22:47 PMTo check what a group is responsible for, you simply open it and play it's samples. In SmashBox, after you highlight a group there is a group ID shown.
You told me Captain Falcon's groupID was 20, but NO. It's 14, but when I insert the sound EVEN with Smashbox closed in general, there is no replacement done. Why is that?
Quote from: Lord Orga on September 04, 2011, 09:25:40 PM
You told me Captain Falcon's groupID was 20, but NO. It's 14, but when I insert the sound EVEN with Smashbox closed in general, there is no replacement done. Why is that?
14 in hex is 20 in dec, remember that ;3
Quote from: pikazz on September 04, 2011, 09:33:35 PM14 in hex is 20 in dec, remember that ;3
Then where could I go to find a complete list of these sounds in dec?
Quote from: Lord Orga on September 04, 2011, 09:37:07 PM
Then where could I go to find a complete list of these sounds in dec?
you need a calculatior like windows calculator, write something is hex and change into dec ;3
otherwise, you can use google to find hex-to-dec converter
ok i really need help with trying to figure out how to bring up certain SFXs by using PSA, I know where to go, but i dont know how that code stuff works in order for it to bring the SFX you want. Can someone here help me?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21652.0
ok well ill give it a try. thanks.
Quote from: pikazz on September 04, 2011, 09:40:05 PMyou need a calculatior like windows calculator, write something is hex and change into dec ;3 otherwise, you can use google to find hex-to-dec converter
I'd hate to say it, but it didn't work. And Sawndz isn't working properly on my computer, so I'm using the command prompt.
Most of the numbers you have in the SmashBox and the brawlbox.txt file I wrote are in hexadecimal. To use them in the command prompt, you have to convert them to decimal. You can simply use Windows calculator for that task.
Remember though, wave IDs are decimal everywhere. I can't remember where would these be written in hexadecimal.
Hope that helped.
Jaklub i have a question about PSA. When you give a character a new sfx, and you want it to play on let's say his down taunt. if i was gonna create a new sfx to appear on that taunt which sound effect on PSA would i choose? the Sound Effect 0A000100, Sound Effect 0A010100, or Sound Effect 0A020100? And how would i know the difference between each of them?
TBH I don't know the difference between 0A000100 and 0A010100, but 0A020100 plays the sample and if it still lasts by that time, it makes it stop when you change subaction.
so if i was making the new sfxs, would i use that one?
If you wanted to just use a sound, use the first one.
you mean this one? "0A000100"
Yes I do.
ok thanks
Quote from: Jaklub on September 06, 2011, 08:15:41 PMMost of the numbers you have in the SmashBox and the brawlbox.txt file I wrote are in hexadecimal. To use them in the command prompt, you have to convert them to decimal. You can simply use Windows calculator for that task. Remember though, wave IDs are decimal everywhere. I can't remember where would these be written in hexadecimal. Hope that helped.
Do I have to put the waveID in decimal form? If so, that didn't work.
Quote from: Lord Orga on September 07, 2011, 08:21:55 PM
Do I have to put the waveID in decimal form? If so, that didn't work.
Yes, you should never convert wave IDs. If you're having problems with replacing the sound, tell me exactly what you're typing in the command line and what are you trying to achieve. I'll tell you what's wrong then.
Quote from: Jaklub on September 07, 2011, 08:28:39 PMYes, you should never convert wave IDs. If you're having problems with replacing the sound, tell me exactly what you're typing in the command line and what are you trying to achieve. I'll tell you what's wrong then.
I'm trying to type:
sawndz insert 20 136 Wave6 16000 0
or something like that.
Wave6? Nope. Try this one.
sawndz insert 20 136 6 16000 0
Should be fine.
Quote from: Jaklub on September 07, 2011, 08:32:25 PMWave6? Nope. Try this one. sawndz insert 20 136 6 16000 0 Should be fine.
So that's what I've been doing wrong! I'll go ahead and try it!
It worked! Thank you so much!
when i try to open smashbros_sound with smash box OR brawl box it just wont let me do somethings like the instructions say for examplw on the smash box version i open groups and the files inside groups dont have anything inside of them and brawlbox when youur suposed to export that thing in the bottom right it wont let me export help pleas!!!!!!!!!
spek engish pleas!!!!!!!
Quote from: jake202600 on September 08, 2011, 10:06:48 PM
when i try to open smashbros_sound with smash box OR brawl box it just wont let me do somethings like the instructions say for examplw on the smash box version i open groups and the files inside groups dont have anything inside of them and brawlbox when youur suposed to export that thing in the bottom right it wont let me export help pleas!!!!!!!!!
wow that certainly was a fail sentence.
Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 11:01:28 AM
Are you using a toaster or a computer? ;p j/k. You have to resort to the more work-involving way.
1. Get those 3 files on your own and put them into the directory with Sawndz.
soundfile.dll
sndconv.exe
dsptool.dll
2. You still need the smashbros_sound.brsar in your directory.
3. If you want to insert a single .wav sound, rename it to sound.wav and put it into your directory with Sawndz. Create a text file, e.g. sawnd.txt. Open it and copy-paste that:
BEGIN a
File sound.wav
OUTPUT ADPCM
END
Next, use command line to run this
sndconv sawnd.txt -a
Instead of sawnd.txt write the name of your text file.
After that operation, run this in your command line.
sawndz insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0
ALL ARGUMENTS IN DECIMAL.
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group your sound is in.
Instead of -collid write the collection ID of the collection your sound is in.
Instead of -wavid write the wave ID of the wave you want to replace.
Instead of -frequency write the frequency of your sound.
0 should always be there at the end.
I assume you probably won't be using base wave functionality, so I'll explain it some other time.
4. If you want to create a sawnd file, first make sure there is no sawnd.sawnd file in the directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawndcreate -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group of which you want to create the sawnd file. In decimal.
5. If you want to insert a sawnd file, rename it to sawnd.sawnd and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawnd
6. If you want to insert a hex packet, rename it to hex.hex and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz hex -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the ID of group which hex packet replaces. In decimal.
And that's pretty much it. To get the group IDs, collection IDs and wave IDs refer to the image included with Sawndz. Use SmashBox 0.57 to open your brsar.
video tutorial for this? im not great at written tutorials :/
Quote from: Soul Evans on September 18, 2011, 01:02:02 AM
video tutorial for this? im not great at written tutorials :/
Nope. You have to precisely do what instructions say, step by step.
all i had to do was restart my laptop :P
Can we use this program to change a character's victory music? I have lots of Terra hacks over Zelda and Peach, but I don't wanna hear the Mario or Zelda victory theme when I win with them, because they don't suit Terra at all.
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 19, 2011, 07:30:58 PM
Can we use this program to change a character's victory music? I have lots of Terra hacks over Zelda and Peach, but I don't wanna hear the Mario or Zelda victory theme when I win with them, because they don't suit Terra at all.
no, you make a brstm for that...i might have one already made that fits, check the link on the bottom pic of my sig and go to the victories section
Sorry if I'm being a noob, but this is my first time so please don't say things like "OMG It's so easy".
So my question I'm trying to put the Goku SFX into my Brawl, but it's a .sawndz file and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=31609.0
Hey Jaklub i have a question about adding your own SFX. What frequency does the clip need to be if your just adding voices? like taunt voices and win voices.
Quote from: MandoWolfe on October 02, 2011, 11:46:41 PMHey Jaklub i have a question about adding your own SFX. What frequency does the clip need to be if your just adding voices? like taunt voices and win voices.
any if you are using the new sawndz
however,
my max is 48KHz
my min is 16Khz
well then i have another question with that.
I was trying to give the Shadow over DK some new victory voices, as well as some new taunts. (I just wanted to get a better grip of sound hacking.) But once i put them in and did some rearranging on the FitDonkey.pac file. (I mean i add some certain sound effects to be played during that animation.) the voices went silent. But everytime i would die i could still here Sonic's death voice clips. So i know i must have done something wrong either putting in the SFX or the PSA part. Do you by any chance know what i did wrong? and how i can possibly fix this?
Quote from: MandoWolfe on October 03, 2011, 02:46:13 AM
well then i have another question with that.
I was trying to give the Shadow over DK some new victory voices, as well as some new taunts. (I just wanted to get a better grip of sound hacking.) But once i put them in and did some rearranging on the FitDonkey.pac file. (I mean i add some certain sound effects to be played during that animation.) the voices went silent. But everytime i would die i could still here Sonic's death voice clips. So i know i must have done something wrong either putting in the SFX or the PSA part. Do you by any chance know what i did wrong? and how i can possibly fix this?
to me, that sounds like sound calling mistakes...
also as jaklub said, keep the size as close to the original (the group) lower the frequency if you have to
Quote from: MandoWolfe on October 03, 2011, 02:46:13 AM
well then i have another question with that.
I was trying to give the Shadow over DK some new victory voices, as well as some new taunts. (I just wanted to get a better grip of sound hacking.) But once i put them in and did some rearranging on the FitDonkey.pac file. (I mean i add some certain sound effects to be played during that animation.) the voices went silent. But everytime i would die i could still here Sonic's death voice clips. So i know i must have done something wrong either putting in the SFX or the PSA part. Do you by any chance know what i did wrong? and how i can possibly fix this?
Group too big. Use smaller samples and you should be alright.
Sonic death voice clip issue is a problem with PSA, ask the author of it.
Quote from: Jaklub on October 03, 2011, 02:34:52 PM
Group too big. Use smaller samples and you should be alright.
Sonic death voice clip issue is a problem with PSA, ask the author of it.
what do you mean smaller samples? the voice clips im using?
Yeah, what else if not voice clips?
Hey dude, i'm currently add some SFX on my Brawl and i take Ganondorf Melee.
He got .sft file, how to insert them with Sawndz 0.12?
So i select insert sawnd file i slect my sawnd file. Inserting sawnd file please. group id 20.........................nothing happens?
The lack of tuturials for this program realy anoyes me i couldnt even find 1.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=12.0
So sawndz suddenly stoped working for me. Every time I try and no matter what I do it ways says "Error Cannot execute sawndz" and stuff when ever I try and replace anything. I've tried all difernt groups and waves from link to the announcer calls and the same thin seems to happen
Try deleting your Sawndz directory and installing it all over again.
If it doesn't work... (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.msg645311#msg645311)
Enlighten me Jaklub, no one can swap between JP and US Jigglypuff because JP Jigglypuff has 45 sounds in the first collection whilst US Jigglypuff has 44 in the first collection, would Sawndz ever be able to add more sounds instead of replacing? Or is it impossible because of the IDs used by Brawl?
^ not yet.....
It will most likely work, as NTSC-U and NTSC-J SFX ids are said to match themselves. I haven't got NTSC-J brsar, so I can't check it, though.
Would it be possible to add some sort of feature that allows you to copy a sound effect from one character to another or somehow extract a sound effect from a brsar? This could be extremely useful for porting sound packs over other characters for use with module editing if it is.
Extracting a sound from brsar into .wav format is something that I'm unable to do (maybe yet). Use SmashBox or BrawlBox for that. But copying sounds should be easily possible.
How about extracting the actual sounds in the brsar? Not in wav, just the actual raw file, err S files(?). I wanted to try them with Dant's Custom Sound Engine, but sndconv just splits the wav into two files. So, would it be possible? Hexing it out would also be the same result; two files.
I don't think so.
Had to try, thanks for the reply anyways.
Hey Jaklub i was wondering, Do you happen to have some of the Character's SFX IDs like for Captain Falcon to match for PSA like ssbbtailsfan did? I only have Marth's, DK's, and Sonic's. So i was wondering if you might have Captain Falcon's because i need to edit a few of his sounds to be played in PSA but i dont know what SFX is which.
I happened to have that one
Captain Falcon's Voice folder
SFX IDs and Sound names by Dantarion, Wave numbers by ssbbtailsfan with credit to InnocentRoad for Wave# reference
SFX Wave# Sound name
ID (Smash
(PSA) Boxv57)
0522 0 nsnd_vc_captain_001
0523 1 nsnd_vc_captain_002
0524 2 nsnd_vc_captain_003
0525 3 nsnd_vc_captain_004
0526 4 nsnd_vc_captain_005
0527 5 nsnd_vc_captain_006
0528 5 nsnd_vc_captain_007
0529 5 nsnd_vc_captain_008
052A 5 nsnd_vc_captain_009
052B 5 nsnd_vc_captain_010
052C 5 nsnd_vc_captain_011
052D 5 nsnd_vc_captain_012
052E 5 nsnd_vc_captain_013
052F 5 nsnd_vc_captain_014
0530 5 nsnd_vc_captain_015
0531 5 nsnd_vc_captain_016
0532 5 nsnd_vc_captain_017
0533 5 nsnd_vc_captain_018
0534 5 nsnd_vc_captain_019
0535 5 nsnd_vc_captain_020
0536 5 nsnd_vc_captain_021
0537 5 nsnd_vc_captain_022
0538 5 nsnd_vc_captain_023
0539 5 nsnd_vc_captain_024
053A 5 nsnd_vc_captain_025
053B 5 nsnd_vc_captain_026
053C 5 nsnd_vc_captain_027
053D 5 nsnd_vc_captain_028
053E 5 nsnd_vc_captain_029
053F 5 nsnd_vc_captain_030
0540 5 nsnd_vc_captain_031
0541 5 nsnd_vc_captain_032
0542 5 nsnd_vc_captain_033
0543 5 nsnd_vc_captain_034
0544 5 nsnd_vc_captain_035
0545 5 nsnd_vc_captain_036
0546 5 nsnd_vc_captain_037
0547 5 nsnd_vc_captain_038
0548 5 nsnd_vc_captain_039
0549 5 nsnd_vc_captain_040
054A 5 nsnd_vc_captain_041
054B 5 nsnd_vc_captain_042
054C 5 nsnd_vc_captain_043
054D 5 nsnd_vc_captain_044
054E 5 nsnd_vc_captain_045
054F 5 nsnd_vc_captain_046
0550 5 nsnd_vc_captain_047
0551 5 nsnd_vc_captain_048
0552 5 nsnd_vc_captain_049
0553 6 nsnd_vc_ouen_Captain
0554 7 nsnd_vc_captain_Appeal01
0555 4 nsnd_vc_captain_Appeal02
0556 8 nsnd_vc_captain_Appeal03
0557 9 nsnd_vc_captain_Attack01
0558 10 nsnd_vc_captain_Attack02
0559 11 nsnd_vc_captain_Attack03
055A 12 nsnd_vc_captain_Attack04
055B 13 nsnd_vc_captain_Attack05
055C 14 nsnd_vc_captain_Attack06
055D 15 nsnd_vc_captain_Attack07
055E 16 nsnd_vc_captain_CliffCatch
055F 17 nsnd_vc_captain_Damage_hoshikie
0560 18 nsnd_vc_captain_Damage01
0561 19 nsnd_vc_captain_Damage02
0562 20 nsnd_vc_captain_DamageFly01
0563 21 nsnd_vc_captain_DamageFly02
0564 22 nsnd_vc_captain_FuraFura
0565 23 nsnd_vc_captain_FuraSleep
0566 24 nsnd_vc_captain_HeavyGet
0567 25 nsnd_vc_captain_Jump01
0568 26 nsnd_vc_captain_Jump02
0569 27 nsnd_vc_captain_MissFoot01
056A 28 nsnd_vc_captain_MissFoot02
056B 29 nsnd_vc_captain_Ottotto
056C 30 nsnd_vc_captain_Passive
056D 31 nsnd_vc_captain_SwimUp
056E 32 nsnd_vc_captain_Win01
056F 33 nsnd_vc_captain_Win02
0570 34 nsnd_vc_captain_Win03
---------------------------------------
Captain Falcon's SFX Folder
SFX IDs and Sound names by Dantarion, Wave numbers by ssbbtailsfan with credit to InnocentRoad for Wave# reference
SFX Wave# Sound name
ID (Smash
(PSA) Boxv57)
0D9D 0 nsnd_se_captain_001
0D9E 1 nsnd_se_captain_002
0D9F 2 nsnd_se_captain_003
0DA0 3 nsnd_se_captain_004
0DA1 4 nsnd_se_captain_005
0DA2 5 nsnd_se_captain_006
0DA3 6 nsnd_se_captain_007
0DA4 7 nsnd_se_captain_008
0DA5 7 nsnd_se_captain_009
0DA6 8 nsnd_se_captain_010
0DA7 8 nsnd_se_captain_011
0DA8 9 nsnd_se_captain_012
0DA9 10 nsnd_se_captain_013
0DAA 11 nsnd_se_captain_014
0DAB 12 nsnd_se_captain_015
0DAC 13 nsnd_se_captain_016
0DAD 14 nsnd_se_captain_017
0DAE 15 nsnd_se_captain_018
0DAF 10 nsnd_se_captain_019
0DB0 16 nsnd_se_captain_020
0DB1 16 nsnd_se_captain_021
0DB2 16 nsnd_se_captain_022
0DB3 17 nsnd_se_captain_023
0DB4 18 nsnd_se_captain_024
0DB5 19 nsnd_se_captain_025
0DB6 20 nsnd_se_captain_026
0DB7 21 nsnd_se_captain_027
0DB8 22 nsnd_se_captain_028
0DB9 23 nsnd_se_captain_029
0DBA 24 nsnd_se_captain_030
0DBB 25 nsnd_se_captain_031
0DBC 26 nsnd_se_captain_032
0DBD 27 nsnd_se_captain_033
0DBE 28 nsnd_se_captain_034
0DBF 29 nsnd_se_captain_035
0DC0 30 nsnd_se_captain_036
0DC1 31 nsnd_se_captain_037
0DC2 32 nsnd_se_captain_038
0DC3 33 nsnd_se_captain_039
0DC4 34 nsnd_se_captain_040
0DC5 35 nsnd_se_captain_041
0DC6 36 nsnd_se_captain_042
0DC7 37 nsnd_se_captain_043
0DC8 38 nsnd_se_captain_044
0DC9 39 nsnd_se_captain_045
0DCA 40 nsnd_se_captain_046
0DCB 41 nsnd_se_captain_047
0DCC 42 nsnd_se_captain_048
0DCD 43 nsnd_se_captain_049
0DCE 44 nsnd_se_captain_050
0DCF 45 nsnd_se_captain_Attack_l
0DD0 46 nsnd_se_captain_Attack_ll
0DD1 47 nsnd_se_captain_Attack_m
0DD2 48 nsnd_se_captain_Attack_s
0DD3 49 nsnd_se_captain_Attack100
0DD4 50 nsnd_se_captain_BodyPress01
0DD5 51 nsnd_se_captain_BodyPress02
0DD6 52 nsnd_se_captain_dash_start
0DD7 53 nsnd_se_captain_dash_stop
0DD8 54 nsnd_se_captain_down01
0DD9 55 nsnd_se_captain_down02
0DDA 56 nsnd_se_captain_Final01
0DDB 57 nsnd_se_captain_Final02
0DDC 58 nsnd_se_captain_Final03
0DDD 59 nsnd_se_captain_Final04
0DDE 60 nsnd_se_captain_Final05
0DDF 61 nsnd_se_captain_jump01
0DE0 62 nsnd_se_captain_jump02
0DE1 63 nsnd_se_captain_Landing01
0DE2 5 nsnd_se_captain_Landing02
0DE3 64 nsnd_se_captain_smash_H01
0DE4 65 nsnd_se_captain_smash_H02
0DE5 66 nsnd_se_captain_smash_H03
0DE6 67 nsnd_se_captain_smash_H04
0DE7 68 nsnd_se_captain_smash_H05
0DE8 69 nsnd_se_captain_smash_L01
0DE9 70 nsnd_se_captain_smash_L02
0DEA 71 nsnd_se_captain_smash_L03
0DEB 72 nsnd_se_captain_smash_L04
0DEC 73 nsnd_se_captain_smash_L05
0DED 74 nsnd_se_captain_smash_S01
0DEE 75 nsnd_se_captain_smash_S02
0DEF 76 nsnd_se_captain_smash_S03
0DF0 77 nsnd_se_captain_smash_S04
0DF1 78 nsnd_se_captain_smash_S05
0DF2 79 nsnd_se_captain_Special_H01
0DF3 80 nsnd_se_captain_Special_H02
0DF4 81 nsnd_se_captain_Special_H03
0DF5 82 nsnd_se_captain_Special_H04
0DF6 83 nsnd_se_captain_Special_H05
0DF7 84 nsnd_se_captain_Special_L01
0DF8 85 nsnd_se_captain_Special_L02
0DF9 86 nsnd_se_captain_Special_L03
0DFA 87 nsnd_se_captain_Special_L04
0DFB 88 nsnd_se_captain_Special_L05
0DFC 89 nsnd_se_captain_Special_N01
0DFD 90 nsnd_se_captain_Special_N02
0DFE 91 nsnd_se_captain_Special_N03
0DFF 92 nsnd_se_captain_Special_N04
0E00 93 nsnd_se_captain_Special_N05
0E01 94 nsnd_se_captain_Special_S01
0E02 95 nsnd_se_captain_Special_S02
0E03 96 nsnd_se_captain_Special_S03
0E04 97 nsnd_se_captain_Special_S04
0E05 98 nsnd_se_captain_Special_S05
0E06 99 nsnd_se_captain_squat
0E07 100 nsnd_se_captain_step_hidari_m
0E08 101 nsnd_se_captain_step_hidari_s
0E09 102 nsnd_se_captain_step_migi_m
0E0A 103 nsnd_se_captain_step_migi_s
0E0B 104 nsnd_se_captain_swing_l
0E0C 105 nsnd_se_captain_swing_ll
0E0D 106 nsnd_se_captain_swing_m
0E0E 16 nsnd_se_captain_swing_s
0E0F 107 nsnd_se_captain_turn
0E10 108 nsnd_se_captain_turn_run
0E11 109 nsnd_se_captain_ukemi
0E12 110 nsnd_se_captain_Wait1
0E13 111 nsnd_se_captain_Wait2
0E14 112 nsnd_se_captain_Wait3
0E15 113 nsnd_se_captain_wear
awesome thanks :D
Edit: Jaklub, i wanted to ask you something else. How do you get a sound to stop playing if the animation has ended? Like what i mean. Say i put a Sound effect to play during a charging animation. But once i fire after charging the sound effect is still going. How do i get it to stop playing once i fire the charged attack?
0A020100
Sound Effect (Transient)
ahh ok then. Thank you.
I've been wanting to make Cloud's SFX, but I'm new to this, and so far, all I've made is the .WAV files to match Ike's frequency. I'm TOTALLY lost in the part of how to add them to the BRSAR and how to call them through PSA... Any help you could give me?
You don't need to make anything match anymore. You just have not to go over the limits (keep an eye at Data2Length of group).
To know how to insert them into brsar, refer to the newest Sawndz help. It's in the program.
About calling through PSA.
There are some Sound Effect commands. Use them. To know what argument you should choose, you need to have the SFX ID list.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42115509/FIXED_USA_SFX_ID_LIST.txt
Just look around in SmashBox a bit to know which ID holds which sound.
Quote from: Jaklub on December 03, 2011, 08:36:40 PM
You don't need to make anything match anymore. You just have not to go over the limits (have an eye at Data2Length of group).
To know how to insert them into brsar, refer to the newest Sawndz help. It's in the program.
About calling through PSA.
There are some Sound Effect commands. Use them. To know what argument you should choose, you need to have the SFX ID list.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42115509/FIXED_USA_SFX_ID_LIST.txt
Just look around in SmashBox a bit to know which ID holds which sound.
I see in that list you linked:
0956 nsnd_vc_Ike_001
How'd I know which Wave is this?
And to replace with sawndz, I'd just need to put, say, from Wave10, only "10" in the Wave ID tab?
Also, how can I make a .sawnd file of the finished product?
EDIT: And by this:
Quote from: Jaklub on December 03, 2011, 08:36:40 PM
You don't need to make anything match anymore. You just have not to go over the limits (have an eye at Data2Length of group).
You mean the frequency doesn't matters? All that matters is the file size od the Data2Lenght of the group?
Because ssbbtailsfan randomly quit and I don't have every of his files with SFX ID research, getting IDs requires intuition. This is the pattern of names that occurs in most groups with character voices.
- All of the voices have "vc" in their names. Names with "se" are assigned to sound effects.
- Every taunt related voice contains "Appeal" word.
- Voices used in A attacks contain "Attack" word.
- "CliffCatch" is self-explanatory.
- "Damage_hoshikie" is a part of name of the sample that has the Sky KO scream.
- Other "Damage" samples are used when the character is damaged heavily. Sometimes not all of them are used.
- "FuraFura" - sample played when the character is confused (shield break, etc).
- "FuraSleep" - when it's put to sleep.
- "HeavyGet" - when it picks up a box or other heavy stuff.
- "Jump" - self-explanatory.
- "MissFoot" are voices played when character dies.
- "Ottotto" is played when the character stands next to an edge.
- "Passive" is played when you tech.
- "SwimUp" - self-explanatory.
- "Win" voices are played in victory animations.
Those voices which don't have these in their names are used in other occurrences like specials.
If you're not sure about the ID, take a look at "Sounds" branch in SmashBox, which is before the "Waves" branch from which you take the Wave IDs from. Although the wave IDs shown often don't match, you can see the order of samples and match the IDs on your own.
Yes, you type only 10.
Making .sawnd is simple. rtfm lol
Yes, frequency doesn't matter. All that matters is the Data2Length of the group. It can't go over ~D0000 in most cases. When your character becomes mute, you know you've reached the limit.
Quote from: Jaklub on December 03, 2011, 09:36:08 PM
Because ssbbtailsfan randomly quit and I don't have every of his files with SFX ID research, getting IDs requires intuition. This is the pattern of names that occurs in most groups with character voices.
- All of the voices have "vc" in their names. Names with "se" are assigned to sound effects.
- Every taunt related voice contains "Appeal" word.
- Voices used in A attacks contain "Attack" word.
- "CliffCatch" is self-explanatory.
- "Damage_hoshikie" is a part of name of the sample that has the Sky KO scream.
- Other "Damage" samples are used when the character is damaged heavily. Sometimes not all of them are used.
- "FuraFura" - sample played when the character is confused (shield break, etc).
- "FuraSleep" - when it's put to sleep.
- "HeavyGet" - when it picks up a box or other heavy stuff.
- "Jump" - self-explanatory.
- "MissFoot" are voices played when character dies.
- "Ottotto" is played when the character stands next to an edge.
- "Passive" is played when you tech.
- "SwimUp" - self-explanatory.
- "Win" voices are played in victory animations.
Those voices which don't have these in their names are used in other occurrences like specials.
If you're not sure about the ID, take a look at "Sounds" branch in SmashBox, which is before the "Waves" branch from which you take the Wave IDs from. Although the wave IDs shown often don't match, you can see the order of samples and match the IDs on your own.
So, in other words, trial and error.. And here I thought I'd only need this for PSA work itself. - -;
Quote from: Jaklub on December 03, 2011, 09:36:08 PM
Yes, you type only 10.
Making .sawnd is simple. rtfm lol
I don't see any manual in the .rar....
sawndz012.exe
sawndz.exe
instructions.PNG
empty.wav
brawlbox.txt
That's all the .RAR contains.
Anyways, thanks for answering my inquiries, Jaklub. I was getting confused with a bunch of things I've read on the web about this, one contradicting the other...
Quote from: Albafika on December 03, 2011, 09:54:49 PMSo, in other words, trial and error.. And here I thought I'd only need this for PSA work itself. - -;
Actually, once you understand how these are named and how to match them, no trial and error is needed.
And I meant the manual being help in the program itself.
You may find some contradicting stuff about SFX editing because back in 2010 length and frequency matching and hex editing was needed.
Quote from: Jaklub on December 03, 2011, 10:02:17 PM
Actually, once you understand how these are named and how to match them, no trial and error is needed.
Alright, then. =D
Quote from: Jaklub on December 03, 2011, 10:02:17 PM
You may find some contradicting stuff about SFX editing because back in 2010 length and frequency matching and hex editing was needed.
Exactly... - -;
Quote from: Jaklub on December 03, 2011, 10:02:17 PM
And I meant the manual being help in the program itself.
.... OH! .... I've always thought of the Help button as invisible in all the Softwares I've used, sorry. <.<;
Anyways, thanks again, Jaklub!
Hey Jaklub, I running into a few problems with Peach's voice files in smashbox. Beside the fact she hardly uses some of the voices at the top, some of them has the Final Smash echo effect on them. I don't really know how to get rid of that, or is there a way to get rid of the echo effect on the voices?
I tried using the base wave thing but I don't think that's what its meant for.
I didn't know someone was looking for the ID's, ssbbtailsfan gave them to me before he left: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8ur0qyuo2j715g (http://www.mediafire.com/?y8ur0qyuo2j715g)
And people still find it a tedious method in inserting .wav after .wav file. Will it be possible to bring back the "insert folder" option back, but naming the folders by"Group ID", "Collection ID", and "Wave ID" of the character your replacing sounds for?
And within the "Wave ID" folder will have the replacements either named "wave0" or just "0" so that the program will just load the sounds in the spots that they're name after.
Quote from: Reaver Ind. on June 03, 2012, 01:53:41 AM
Hey Jaklub, I running into a few problems with Peach's voice files in smashbox. Beside the fact she hardly uses some of the voices at the top, some of them has the Final Smash echo effect on them. I don't really know how to get rid of that, or is there a way to get rid of the echo effect on the voices?
I tried using the base wave thing but I don't think that's what its meant for.
I didn't know someone was looking for the ID's, ssbbtailsfan gave them to me before he left: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8ur0qyuo2j715g (http://www.mediafire.com/?y8ur0qyuo2j715g)
And people still find it a tedious method in inserting .wav after .wav file. Will it be possible to bring back the "insert folder" option back, but naming the folders by"Group ID", "Collection ID", and "Wave ID" of the character your replacing sounds for?
And within the "Wave ID" folder will have the replacements either named "wave0" or just "0" so that the program will just load the sounds in the spots that they're name after.
no, that is because the game engine does that, there is currently no known file responsable for this, once that is found out, then we can begin tweeking stuff
there is NO echo on the wave in the BRSAR, the effect params might be somewhere else in the BRSAR or encoded in another file and a PSA or other file can call the effect
(MarioKart Wii does this too but to the music by making it sound all funky)
I hope sawndz can replace mario kart wii voice clips in the future :)
Can it be possible?
There is a way to insert a low sized .waw (under 1 Ko) ?
Because actualy i try to insert some voice SFX in my project (on Bowser slot) and i have reached the size limit (yes i have reduced the frequencies at 16000, i cannot goind under, the sound are horible if i do it) so i want to know if there is a way to replace all the SFX i don't need in the original file, by a very lower sized "fake" .waw, for gained some space, or maybe deleted all the stuff i don't need if possible ?
And yes, i'm a 64 bit OS user... :'(
Quote from: Novarek on July 06, 2012, 08:24:43 AM
There is a way to insert a low sized .waw (under 1 Ko) ?
Because actualy i try to insert some voice SFX in my project (on Bowser slot) and i have reached the size limit (yes i have reduced the frequencies at 16000, i cannot goind under, the sound are horible if i do it) so i want to know if there is a way to replace all the SFX i don't need in the original file, by a very lower sized "fake" .waw, for gained some space, or maybe deleted all the stuff i don't need if possible ?
And yes, i'm a 64 bit OS user... :'(
if you have the latest sawndz, it comes with "empty.wav" that would be what this file is for...
and you being 64 bit, that shouldnt mean anything unless you need smashbox to get the ID's the TXT included doesnt list- which I have a workaround for
Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 06, 2012, 09:03:51 AM
if you have the latest sawndz, it comes with "empty.wav" that would be what this file is for...
Oh yes, i have totaly forget this one, thanks ! ^^
Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 06, 2012, 09:03:51 AMand you being 64 bit, that shouldnt mean anything unless you need smashbox to get the ID's the TXT included doesnt list- which I have a workaround for
Because i was thinking i will be able to delete the .waw file i don't need with SmashBox.
And yes i have already check your guide for the 64 bit OS, but i have the home premium edition...
Here is the source code of Sawndz 0.12. It's a total mess, but someone might dig through it.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42115509/sawndz.cpp
Useful to me! Thanks!
This is early, but it makes it so you don't need to look up group/collection/wav ids.
www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_0_2.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_0_2.zip)
You'll need to get the sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll/smashbros_sound.brsar in the same folder for it to work.
Quote from: agoaj on July 10, 2012, 08:50:53 PM
Useful to me! Thanks!
This is early, but it makes it so you don't need to look up group/collection/wav ids.
www.agoaj.com/supersawnds_0_2.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_0_2.zip)
You'll need to get the sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll/smashbros_sound.brsar in the same folder for it to work.
Ok i have download your programme and...
What what what !!!
The preview sound fonction of your programme work with the 64 bit OS ?!
This is a UGE evolution !
Finaly the 64 bit user will be able to work coretly, a realy big THANKS to you ! :p
Edit : i have also some trouble with the original SAWNDZ0 0.12, when i try to launch the programme, 2 window pop, one with the message "Unexpected error when running the game" and the other one with "Floating point overflow".
Prety strange because 10 minute ago, i have use SAWDZ with any trouble (i have simply put some new SFX) and now, nothing.
I have switch with a original smashbros_sound.brsar, i have thinking maybe i have do something wrong when i have put the SFX, but same result with the original .brsar.
EDIT 2 : I have try with a lower version, same result with SAWNDZ 0.1, work with the 0.072 version, but i need the option for creating a .sawnd file. :'(
EDIT 3 : solved, but this is completly crazy :o, the probleme was coming from "catalyst" (the control panel for the AMD GPU), if you turn the AA mod in "edge-detect", SAWNDZ doesn't work ! :af:
Quote from: agoaj on July 10, 2012, 08:50:53 PM
Useful to me! Thanks!
This is early, but it makes it so you don't need to look up group/collection/wav ids.
www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_0_2.zip (http://www.agoaj.com/supersawndz_0_2.zip)
You'll need to get the sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll/smashbros_sound.brsar in the same folder for it to work.
Pretty damn awesome, you need to make a new thread for it. I haven't tested it much, but I think it creates sound.wav in the original directory with selected file instead of directory with program and brsar.
I'm not sure what has changed recently in my smash_sounds.brsar or whatever, but I had changed Marth's voice by inserting wav by wav...no problem and now when I insert a wav, there is no change or the brsar crashes/freezes everything. Anybody know why this may be happening?
Quote from: Riku20xx on August 17, 2012, 12:22:18 AM
I'm not sure what has changed recently in my smash_sounds.brsar or whatever, but I had changed Marth's voice by inserting wav by wav...no problem and now when I insert a wav, there is no change or the brsar crashes/freezes everything. Anybody know why this may be happening?
corrupted BRSAR, stereo wav inserted by mistake, closed the file (removed SD card [ if you are patching directly to that copy], turned the computer off, crashed (force-quit) sawndz ) before sawndz finished it
"Turned the computer off"??? Lol. I'm honestly not sure what's wrong with it....because I had successfully inserted the wav files with no problem using sawndz 0.12 and Super Sawndz to test. Now I'm trying to insert the same wav files and its not working. I will try and find an original BRSAR....
Question about .sawnd files: is it possible to change the data it replaces? If so, how?
Quote from: SpoonTheMan on November 27, 2012, 07:54:21 PM
Question about .sawnd files: is it possible to change the data it replaces? If so, how?
nope
its structured TO a specific ID attempting to change what it replaces would BREAK the brsar becausse its NOT a simple sound inject, its the WHOLE folder inject, and if you change it, it will CHANGE the call IDs of those sounds and PSAs for the slot you change it to CANNOT be called
So do you mean there's no way to put a voice pack over someone else? is there any way to edit/extract the contents of a .sawnd file?
Sure if you use Brawlbox .67 you can extract sounds off the brsar, of course it's one by one. :p and after you have to reinsert each sound on the character you want to replace it over. :/ it's a pretty long process since you may even have to mess with the SFX IDs in PSA.
Hi there. I have a question. Is it possible to convert a sawnd file into a wav?
yes and no... if you know the guts, and hex, yes, otherwise no
Umm... I take that as a no to myself.
When I replace a sound with a sound I wanna replace the sound with, it doesn't replace the sound.
Quote from: Lord Orga on January 27, 2013, 03:10:45 AM
When I replace a sound with a sound I wanna replace the sound with, it doesn't replace the sound.
thats been happening to me too recently dont know why though
Quote from: kalebninja on January 27, 2013, 03:14:14 AM
thats been happening to me too recently dont know why though
Same here. Am I doing something wrong?
Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 11:01:28 AM
Are you using a toaster or a computer? ;p j/k. You have to resort to the more work-involving way.
1. Get those 3 files on your own and put them into the directory with Sawndz.
soundfile.dll
sndconv.exe
dsptool.dll
2. You still need the smashbros_sound.brsar in your directory.
3. If you want to insert a single .wav sound, rename it to sound.wav and put it into your directory with Sawndz. Create a text file, e.g. sawnd.txt. Open it and copy-paste that:
BEGIN a
File sound.wav
OUTPUT ADPCM
END
Next, use command line to run this
sndconv sawnd.txt -a
Instead of sawnd.txt write the name of your text file.
After that operation, run this in your command line.
sawndz insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0
ALL ARGUMENTS IN DECIMAL.
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group your sound is in.
Instead of -collid write the collection ID of the collection your sound is in.
Instead of -wavid write the wave ID of the wave you want to replace.
Instead of -frequency write the frequency of your sound.
0 should always be there at the end.
I assume you probably won't be using base wave functionality, so I'll explain it some other time.
4. If you want to create a sawnd file, first make sure there is no sawnd.sawnd file in the directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawndcreate -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group of which you want to create the sawnd file. In decimal.
5. If you want to insert a sawnd file, rename it to sawnd.sawnd and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawnd
6. If you want to insert a hex packet, rename it to hex.hex and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz hex -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the ID of group which hex packet replaces. In decimal.
And that's pretty much it. To get the group IDs, collection IDs and wave IDs refer to the image included with Sawndz. Use SmashBox 0.57 to open your brsar.
I tried it. It didn't work for me. :c
Why is this virus protection site calling soundfile.dll a virus if we NEED it? I found that while using search engines.
Quote from: Lord Orga on August 21, 2011, 11:09:44 AM
Thanks! I'll give it a try!
Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 11:01:28 AM
Are you using a toaster or a computer? ;p j/k. You have to resort to the more work-involving way.
1. Get those 3 files on your own and put them into the directory with Sawndz.
soundfile.dll
sndconv.exe
dsptool.dll
2. You still need the smashbros_sound.brsar in your directory.
3. If you want to insert a single .wav sound, rename it to sound.wav and put it into your directory with Sawndz. Create a text file, e.g. sawnd.txt. Open it and copy-paste that:
BEGIN a
File sound.wav
OUTPUT ADPCM
END
Next, use command line to run this
sndconv sawnd.txt -a
Instead of sawnd.txt write the name of your text file.
After that operation, run this in your command line.
sawndz insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0
ALL ARGUMENTS IN DECIMAL.
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group your sound is in.
Instead of -collid write the collection ID of the collection your sound is in.
Instead of -wavid write the wave ID of the wave you want to replace.
Instead of -frequency write the frequency of your sound.
0 should always be there at the end.
I assume you probably won't be using base wave functionality, so I'll explain it some other time.
4. If you want to create a sawnd file, first make sure there is no sawnd.sawnd file in the directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawndcreate -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group of which you want to create the sawnd file. In decimal.
5. If you want to insert a sawnd file, rename it to sawnd.sawnd and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawnd
6. If you want to insert a hex packet, rename it to hex.hex and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz hex -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the ID of group which hex packet replaces. In decimal.
And that's pretty much it. To get the group IDs, collection IDs and wave IDs refer to the image included with Sawndz. Use SmashBox 0.57 to open your brsar.
Um noob here... How do i run the command line? Everytime i open sawndz console it just says please run Sawndz gui and closes.
Quote from: usermx on June 01, 2013, 11:02:27 PM
Um noob here... How do i run the command line? Everytime i open sawndz console it just says please run Sawndz gui and closes.
dont double click sawndz
if you are having trouble, run CMD.exe
put sawndz on your C drive root
type C:\sawndz.exe insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0
<enter>
I need help. For some reason the rar file that I'm downloading does not contain the sndconv.exe or the other 2 files you need to convert wavs. Ive tried the normal download link and the console app only one. It seems weird that only I would not be getting the files. Anyone else having this problem?
Quote from: usermx on June 25, 2013, 10:49:17 PM
I need help. For some reason the rar file that I'm downloading does not contain the sndconv.exe or the other 2 files you need to convert wavs. Ive tried the normal download link and the console app only one. It seems weird that only I would not be getting the files. Anyone else having this problem?
sawndz (the green thing) exports them on launch
my brstm copier does the same thing, if you need the files, run the GUI first
So I just downloaded this to patch the Goku voice stuff and basically get the "your graphic card is crap" response from the little twat. I have all the dll files I need and the .sawdz files to patch the voices to the .brsar file. The hell am I doing wrong?
Quote from: Exidel on June 30, 2013, 09:26:53 PM
So I just downloaded this to patch the Goku voice stuff and basically get the "your graphic card is crap" response from the little twat. I have all the dll files I need and the .sawdz files to patch the voices to the .brsar file. The hell am I doing wrong?
ah
open notepad
type
sawndz sawnd
save as ALL formats and name it
instert.bat
put the file with sawndz
rename your sawnd file to sawnd.sawnd
run your bat file
done
I'm just gonna...go ahead and...slip these in here real quick.
Neither SAWNDZ nor Super SAWNDZ--the latter, I'm aware was not programmed by the same user as the former--will let me create a SAWND. Now, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I don't think there's anything more to be done than specifying the Group ID and clicking "Create SAWND." Here are the errors, which are getting no attention in the Help subforum...
(http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/ToddSnap/Forums%20etc/SawndzWontCreateSAWND.png~original)
(http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/ToddSnap/Forums%20etc/SuperSawndzWontCreateSAWND.png~original)
Quote from: Mewcario on July 04, 2013, 11:48:51 PM
I'm just gonna...go ahead and...slip these in here real quick.
Neither SAWNDZ nor Super SAWNDZ--the latter, I'm aware was not programmed by the same user as the former--will let me create a SAWND. Now, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I don't think there's anything more to be done than specifying the Group ID and clicking "Create SAWND." Here are the errors, which are getting no attention in the Help subforum...
(http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/ToddSnap/Forums%20etc/SawndzWontCreateSAWND.png~original)
(http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/ToddSnap/Forums%20etc/SuperSawndzWontCreateSAWND.png~original)
sawndz.exe the one without the green logo icon
is missing
sawndz012.exe is a GUI and doesnt do anything other than make it so you dont have to use command line (typing "C:\users\blahblah\desktop\sawndz.exe create sawnd DF")
Wow... Don't I feel stupid. :>.>palm:
I'll just go get the actual program now... Thanks so much!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Issue #2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Super Sawndz screen:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
Forget it; now Sawndz is working again for some inexplicable reason. *sigh*
Quote from: Diddy Kong on June 30, 2013, 10:21:47 PM
ah
open notepad
type
sawndz sawnd
save as ALL formats and name it
instert.bat
put the file with sawndz
rename your sawnd file to sawnd.sawnd
run your bat file
done
I just loaded it up on WinXP and it works fine. Guess Win7Ulti is too much for it.
so you are familiar with CMD> ussage instructions on the thing should be sufficient to help you
i need some help my sawndz keep saying brsar missing i have the smashbros_sound brsar in the same folder with the sawndz program and still nothing so ive been using super sawndz and i change the sound files but when i get on my riivolution my characters sounds the same i have goku but he has pits voice i need major help
Quote from: liuren17 on November 19, 2013, 12:24:23 AM
i need some help my sawndz keep saying brsar missing i have the smashbros_sound brsar in the same folder with the sawndz program and still nothing so ive been using super sawndz and i change the sound files but when i get on my riivolution my characters sounds the same i have goku but he has pits voice i need major help
I have probably the same prob as you.
To be more precise, Sawndz and Super Sawndz create .sawndz file with a incorrect ID.
My last exemple, i have try to create a .sawndz file from the sound bank of Marth (ID 26), i have try to inserting the generated .sawndz file back into another BRSAR file, Sawndz and Super Sawndz inserting the file into another group ID.
This is really a weird problem because it worked fine before, fortunately, the manual insertion of .wav file still works.
im new to brawl hacking and i got just about everything else down pack except the sawnd program and super sawndz...on super sawndz my toon link sounds like young link but in the game he sounds like plain old toon link same with sephiroth over marth and goku over pit please help me with a video or some type of better instrutions anybody
HELP IT WON'T TAKE FILE IT SAYS IT'S MISSING SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Quote from: MOTHER_FAN_BOY on January 14, 2015, 04:15:43 AM
HELP IT WON'T TAKE FILE IT SAYS IT'S MISSING SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
please download a file called
smashbros_sound.brsar and include it with the app then try again
With google code shutting down I've moved the source for Super Sawndz to github
https://github.com/agoaj/super-sawndz
No new features, but I or someone else should find the time to remove the need to use Nintendo's tools to convert wavs.
Quote from: Jaklub on April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM
Sawndz 0.12
(http://i.imgur.com/zH1e6.png)
The tool to make your sound-replacing much easier.
Downloads
- Version 0.12 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?91mbz56y15fqf45)
- Version 0.12 (console app only) - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?j5tb1bb9g447y7b) - usage instructions (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.msg645311#msg645311)
- Version 0.072 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?6mdws7jeess2ua9)
- Version 0.062 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?uqt36rtt5fhb6ak)
- Version 0.061 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?ol8zn09gdpqvu53)
- Version 0.06 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s4q42k78sk84fnv)
- Version 0.051 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/?32ojdhlwl3323rw)
- Version 0.04 - download (http://cid-80a075c4cf55b1a4.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/Brawl%20Mods/Sawndz%20Project/sawnds%20v.0.04.exe)
- Version 0.02 - download (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nbr9aw5sa4lja11)
Looking forward the feedback. Thanks for attention.
how do i use it? :notimp: