Kitty Corp Meow Mix Forums

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hacking => Attacks and Animations => Topic started by: KingJigglypuff on June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Title: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM
WIP


This thread is for previews of PSAs you're working on.
The idea behind this thread is to showcase everyone's in-progress PSAs together into one thread.
The logic behind this thread is the same as StarWaffle's WIP thread for model rigs. But instead of model rigs, it's PSA.
Quote from: StarWaffle on January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PMso say you go away for a week or so. When you get back, Do you really wanna go though EVERYONES personal model thread to check alllll the updates, where instead you could simply look through a couple pages and see everything in one go.. or something like that.

Rules:

-This thread is to showcase PSAs in progress, not to advertise released mods. If your PSA is done, you can say so in your own PSA thread. But it's OK to say the same thing in this thread if someone asks about it here.

-No posting the same preview more than once, unless improvements have been made.

-You may post your thoughts about the user's current work. But if you dislike something about the PSA work and/or animations, just say so. Explain what you don't like and why. Even offer suggestions.

-It's recommended to have at least 3 attacks changed before posting a preview.

-Do not request things (That's what the A/A Requests board is for).

-You may ask PSA questions, but try not to ask too many questions at once.

-Only show PSA previews, not any other type of hack/mod.

-If you don't have anything to show and/or contribute, then don't post at all.

-And of course, follow the Forum Rules (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67.0).
Copy, paste, edit FTW. =P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on June 16, 2012, 04:48:33 AM
HYPE!!
i waited for this long time :happy:

but  sadly i dont have previews for it >.>

but i have the pics of projects im 10% done :P
The Best Plumber In the world V3 Normal Mario Moveset. FS, Starbit Storm.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Animation: Making a new one.
PSA:20% done, needs a lot of changes

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This isnt a model import is bowser but with clown car psa.

also this workshop applies for animations too? i read the rules but i still have this doubt
since this is attacks and animation hacks.

ill show previews but sasuke´s by weekend  ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 16, 2012, 04:53:13 AM
Those look pretty neat Anivernage. :) But please put your large pictures in spoilers next time.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on June 16, 2012, 05:07:01 AM
Awesome, I like the idea :3 I'll post something good when I make some decent progress
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Haseyo on June 16, 2012, 05:13:51 AM
I've been wondering why this topic area hasn't had one of its own. Now I have two threads to camp.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 16, 2012, 08:53:57 AM
this thread was needing xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on June 16, 2012, 10:51:42 AM
Finnaly a WIP Workshop for PSA!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Solar99 on June 16, 2012, 02:04:22 PM
I was wondering when something like this will be made.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on June 16, 2012, 02:43:36 PM
Btw
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Almost done just some Animation work left then netrual b is done!

Post Merge: June 18, 2012, 01:00:03 PM

It's not many people who is posting here.....
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KTH on June 18, 2012, 08:34:27 PM
Quote from: SouthCraft on June 16, 2012, 02:43:36 PM
Btw
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Almost done just some Animation work left then netrual b is done!

Post Merge: June 18, 2012, 01:00:03 PM

It's not many people who is posting here.....
Can"t wait.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Solar99 on June 18, 2012, 08:36:01 PM
Quote from: SouthCraft on June 16, 2012, 02:43:36 PMIt's not many people who is posting here.....
That's because these are PSAs we're talking about. They take much longer to make than imports which anyone could do in a day or two.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on June 19, 2012, 01:39:02 AM
Quote from: Solar99 on June 18, 2012, 08:36:01 PM
That's because these are PSAs we're talking about. They take much longer to make than imports which anyone could do in a day or two.

Not everyone... lol All I can do is use hacks. I've not even come close to making any actual material.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 19, 2012, 02:59:34 AM
Nice! Now that my threads are dead I might "resurrect" my PSAs on here. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on June 19, 2012, 03:06:42 AM
Question, are previews of PSA models like the type I make eligible to post here when they make a really good amount of progress?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 19, 2012, 03:17:47 AM
Quote from: PervyTHEshadow on June 19, 2012, 03:06:42 AM
Question, are previews of PSA models like the type I make eligible to post here when they make a really good amount of progress?
Are you meaning models that are rigged specifically for a PSA?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on June 19, 2012, 03:28:40 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on June 19, 2012, 03:17:47 AM
Are you meaning models that are rigged specifically for a PSA?

Yeah, such as my Luffy or Pacman models. Stuff like that. Examples bellow
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 19, 2012, 03:29:45 AM
Quote from: PervyTHEshadow on June 19, 2012, 03:28:40 AM
Yeah, such as my Luffy or Pacman models. Stuff like that. Examples bellow
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If it's PSA-related, then go ahead. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 19, 2012, 05:36:34 AM
time for me to post some previews here:
Gotenks:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Naruto:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

SMBZ Sonic:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on June 19, 2012, 05:54:27 PM
I'm subscribing to this thread. Can't wait for some awesome stuff. Already see some cool things here.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Hero © on June 19, 2012, 06:07:13 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on June 19, 2012, 05:36:34 AM
SMBZ Sonic:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I thought you have already showed this before?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SmashClash on June 19, 2012, 06:08:07 PM
Quote from: -Hero- on June 19, 2012, 06:07:13 PM
I thought you have already showed this before?
He showed all the things he posted in this thread already.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 19, 2012, 06:10:31 PM
i have already showed it but on my own thread
and i know some ppl only look at these threads here and not on ppl´s threads so i show here too
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on June 19, 2012, 06:21:15 PM
Knuckles Netrual B air and ground + Up B is done!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 19, 2012, 06:22:28 PM
looks good
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 19, 2012, 06:30:27 PM
I know I showed this in my PSA thread already, but some people might have not seen it yet.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on June 19, 2012, 10:21:40 PM
@MarioDK: Mother of mercy. Those are awesome.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on June 20, 2012, 01:00:42 AM
Here are some previews of sasuke  :af2:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Later ill show more of him :happy:
These isnt the final product, this is only the first beta, tommorrow ill show more previews of him, better chidori gfx, throws+ A+B attack
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 20, 2012, 01:08:18 AM
Wow, what model is that? :D

Nice animations!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on June 20, 2012, 01:11:51 AM
Thanks ;D
Also its mastaklo´s model
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 20, 2012, 01:18:02 AM
It looks really great! ;D You're a badass with PSA!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 20, 2012, 01:15:36 PM
Quote from: Velen on June 19, 2012, 10:21:40 PM
@MarioDK: Mother of mercy. Those are awesome.
thanks xD and 2  of these PSAs will be released about same time (gotenks/naruto) and SMBZ sonic possible today(still can´t promise anything until its 100% done and only thing left is to make video/release it)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on June 20, 2012, 10:29:47 PM
What? Actual progress on one of my psa's? yup. i decided to not be lazy :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 20, 2012, 10:41:29 PM
Quote from: Neku Sakuraba on June 20, 2012, 10:29:47 PM
What? Actual progress on one of my psa's? yup. i decided to not be lazy :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i got a better idea for a Down-B
(if possible) make nana(baby luigi) to jump on baby mario´s head and then spin fast around with luigi´s hammer and dig down in the ground (like as in Mario&Luigi RPG2)
N-B is a good idea since i was planing to do that if i was making baby mario bros.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on June 20, 2012, 10:41:50 PM
Quote from: Neku Sakuraba on June 20, 2012, 10:29:47 PM
What? Actual progress on one of my psa's? yup. i decided to not be lazy :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Looks pretty cool so far  ;D
for the ice/fire attack, may i suggest instead of luigi fire, mario ice would be mario fire/luigi thunder since in M&L games are their natural elements.

Also an idea for FS would be their special attack from mario kart DD(the chain chomp)
Just Saiyan 4 : P

I like youre working on them, IC needed a new psa :happy:

Quote from: Mariodk on June 20, 2012, 10:41:29 PM
i got a better idea for a Down-B
(if possible) make nana(baby luigi) to jump on baby mario´s head and then spin fast around with luigi´s hammer and dig down in the ground (like as in Mario&Luigi RPG2)
This ^
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on June 20, 2012, 10:44:51 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on June 20, 2012, 10:41:29 PM
i got a better idea for a Down-B
(if possible) make nana(baby luigi) to jump on baby mario´s head and then spin fast around with luigi´s hammer and dig down in the ground (like as in Mario&Luigi RPG2)
N-B is a good idea since i was planing to do that if i was making baby mario bros.


baby luigi is popo cuz i liek him more and baby mario is nana. and i dont know how to psa  nor animate that but if i can send you my files and you do that, that would be great

Quote from: Anivernage on June 20, 2012, 10:41:50 PM
Looks pretty cool so far  ;D
for the ice/fire attack, may i suggest instead of luigi fire, mario ice would be mario fire/luigi thunder since in M&L games are their natural elements.

Also an idea for FS would be their special attack from mario kart DD(the chain chomp)
Just Saiyan 4 : P

I like youre working on them, IC needed a new psa :happy:
This ^

i cant get nana to be differeent than ice so i might change down b if mariodk coudl take some time to psa it the way he sadi for me
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on June 20, 2012, 10:51:52 PM
Quote from: Neku Sakuraba on June 20, 2012, 10:44:51 PM
baby luigi is popo cuz i liek him more and baby mario is nana. and i dont know how to psa  nor animate that but if i can send you my files and you do that, that would be great

i cant get nana to be differeent than ice so i might change down b if mariodk coudl take some time to psa it the way he sadi for me

In your psa go to subroutine 170B8 there youll find ice article psa(the offensive collision) and in C580 the gfx the ice thing.
in case you want them to be in another move. or to make good use of the articles :) ....
i also agree with dig as down b. ;D


Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 20, 2012, 11:07:31 PM
also instead of use item of shell why not use IC´s N-B article replace it with shell model and edit the hitboxes of the article to be like as Shell item´s hitboxes
that way other ppl can´t pick it up and use it against you
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on June 20, 2012, 11:11:05 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on June 20, 2012, 11:07:31 PM
also instead of use item of shell why not use IC´s N-B article replace it with shell model and edit the hitboxes of the article to be like as Shell item´s hitboxes
that way other ppl can´t pick it up and use it against you

if someone can edit the hitbox for me, i can do that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Inu Kazane on June 22, 2012, 04:41:39 PM
Final smash for baby Mario bros could be Chain chop.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: StupidMarioFan1 on June 22, 2012, 07:21:15 PM
Quote from: Neku Sakuraba on June 20, 2012, 10:29:47 PM
the down-b i cant figure out how to make nana do what popo does, so the second bro shoots ice instead of fire :/
That's something I also couldn't figure out with my Mario and Luigi over Ice Climbers, I don't know where Nana get's her PSA data, she uses Popo's aniamtions (and a few of her own) but she doesn't really use Popo's subactions and action commands. That is something that would be really helpful if Brawlbox v0.67 can edit.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on June 26, 2012, 09:48:14 AM
Giant ass fists anyone? (I'll have a whole animation next time I post .-.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on June 26, 2012, 05:50:02 PM
Quote from: PervyTHEshadow on June 26, 2012, 09:48:14 AMGiant ass fists anyone? (I'll have a whole animation next time I post .-.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Now that makes a good 3D photo.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on June 27, 2012, 11:00:26 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on June 27, 2012, 11:15:50 PM
Is Sanji's PSA gonna be over Peach?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on June 28, 2012, 05:57:20 AM
(http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l502/pervyTHEshadow/Model%20Porting/SanjiwJamble.png)
List of Changes from the Public Beta Model
New Model Parts: Jambel, three hidden models. Longer cigarette
New Bones: Eye,eyelid, and mouth bones. Hearteye Bone. A few hidden bones. And overall Cleaner Organization along with added bones to support future onelsot time skip model
New Rig Changes: Working ShoulderN. Eye rigging, Detailed mouth rigging (Corners and bottom/top lips)
New Rig: Over all better quality as the new amount of verticals allowed for better rigging.
Highly Detailed Model: Unfortunately this came at the price of not allowing metal

Quote from: Segtendo on June 27, 2012, 11:15:50 PM
Is Sanji's PSA gonna be over Peach?
Yup. but I am talking with people about porting it once the final PSA is done and finished for those of you who want her and Sanji. Who that is were still discussing, but they need decent file size for the model, and a decent file size for the voice
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 02, 2012, 02:34:02 AM
Just a little something I've been doing on the side.

(http://i.imgur.com/N7s4G.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/JI6lc.jpg)

The range of the Vampire Killer makes me LOL.

(http://i.imgur.com/PU4oI.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/PNIzD.jpg)

Don't ask for a release date.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Solar99 on July 02, 2012, 02:43:54 AM
Is there going to be a different costume for him? Not a fan of his Judgement design. >_>
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on July 02, 2012, 03:37:06 AM
Ooh. Simon. Me likey so far.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 02, 2012, 04:02:33 AM
Quote from: Solar99 on July 02, 2012, 02:43:54 AM
Is there going to be a different costume for him? Not a fan of his Judgement design. >_>

I'm not either. This is the only official 3d model of Simon Belmont.
However, if you want another design, find someone who's a damn good modeler that is willing to do another design of Simon Belmont of either one of there 2:

(http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/26/10212-SimonBelmont_super.gif)
(http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/5/59190/1316460-60801_blowup.jpg)


And then have them PM me before they begin, because I made a custom boneset for this PSA) and I need it to synch to have it work with my moveset.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Hero © on July 02, 2012, 06:09:01 PM
Looks cool, who is Simon over?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: _Data_Drain_ on July 02, 2012, 07:11:11 PM
Judging by the third picture... I'd guess Toon Link. Or Link, since I see a Boomerang GFX.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on July 02, 2012, 08:53:43 PM
He did say Toon Link, I believe, due to all the articles that he uses, which can relate to Simon.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on July 02, 2012, 09:35:16 PM
 I'm hyped!

finally a bad ace character is coming to brawl, which i think is completely necessary.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on July 07, 2012, 09:20:19 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yeah...

Kratos vid by Albafika
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on July 08, 2012, 05:34:19 PM
for those of you that haven't heard
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ninka_kiwi on July 09, 2012, 05:37:07 PM
Simon looks great so far Eternal Yoshi!
as for another model, why not have someone try and get you this model from Dream mix tv fighters
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Then you could have his best design.
Anyway, I think with the new brawlbox out, I'm going to try and start doing PSA...
starting with this man here.
(http://i.imgur.com/OvEOn.png)
(don't mind the hands I've fixed them since this picture)
hopefully that model import I saw gets done as it's kinda difficult to animate with beyond's old vertex.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Hero © on July 09, 2012, 05:57:52 PM
Quote from: Royal_Blade on July 07, 2012, 09:20:19 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Lloyd and Kratos eh?

Hope to see more later on.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 09, 2012, 10:57:09 PM
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on July 09, 2012, 05:37:07 PM
Simon looks great so far Eternal Yoshi!
as for another model, why not have someone try and get you this model from Dream mix tv fighters
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Then you could have his best design.

Maybe if someone can help me with Gameassasin and Dolphin......
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on July 10, 2012, 02:10:08 AM
Sasuke previews para ti... (sorry for the cell phone quality...hope you guys still like this sample)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on July 10, 2012, 02:18:03 AM
Sasuke is looking nice!

I'm liking the Lion's Barrage/Shishi rendan quality. It looks good.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on July 10, 2012, 02:20:59 AM
 :happy: thanks
it looks just like he does in the storm games in brawl right now except it needs the electric gfx
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 10, 2012, 03:20:31 AM
Have you ever heard of bin2jpg?
It's a program used since 2009 to convert Brawl Snapshot files to .jpg.
Please learn it and use it.

Time for more pics.

(http://i.imgur.com/yituI.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/qqBaJ.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/dcXBg.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/3E7ui.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/vocIL.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/tqQ8b.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/KW1fb.jpg)

I wasn't kidding about the range.

Despite Fsmash and nair being placeholders, all other A moves and All B moves are done. Now I need throw ideas.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on July 10, 2012, 03:24:03 AM
"Have you ever heard of bin2jpg?
It's a program used since 2009 to convert Brawl Snapshot files to .jpg.
Please learn it and use it." Ouch.. i would but my wii doesn't let me save the images to my sd card to have them turn into .bin files to convert them to jpeg

those previews look really nice btw
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 10, 2012, 03:47:11 AM
Why does it not let you save them to SD?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on July 10, 2012, 03:54:10 AM
Do you use Riivolution?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on July 10, 2012, 04:00:29 AM
yea i use riivolution
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 10, 2012, 04:06:51 AM
There's your problem. To save snapshots, you have to use Gecko to load codes.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on July 10, 2012, 04:07:39 AM
 :-\ dang it
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on July 10, 2012, 04:16:32 AM
I just save them to the wii, then alter my SD card to not work for hacking (by renaming some folders) and then move them onto the non-hacked(ish) SD card to move to my computer. Then I convert them.

try that if you understand my explanation.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on July 10, 2012, 04:29:10 AM
i understand what u mean i try it  8)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ninka_kiwi on July 10, 2012, 12:39:16 PM
God eternal yoshi, I'm pretty [censored]ing hyped for that Simon Belmont >.>
That whip looks like a [censored] to animate.  Also I'm curious as to what the B moves are so far, I'm hoping for some holy water in their some where.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on July 10, 2012, 01:13:30 PM
 the up throw might be him throwing you upwards and whipping you pretty hard.

the side throw could include him tossing you in that general direction and then tossing a holy water so that it holds you in place doing damage

the down throw could as simple as Snake's Down throw, or something more Belmont like by it involving the whip in someway
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 10, 2012, 09:55:10 PM
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on July 10, 2012, 12:39:16 PM
God eternal yoshi, I'm pretty [censored]ing hyped for that Simon Belmont >.>
That whip looks like a [censored] to animate.  Also I'm curious as to what the B moves are so far, I'm hoping for some holy water in their some where.

Yes it is a [censored] to animate. Lots of bones and you gotta watch file size and how you clean.

I'm thinking the DThrow could be him tossing his foe down and whipping the victim hard in the back. Why am I unable to stop thinking of S&M when thinking of throws?

Uthrow could be Simon tossing his foe upward and executing Ricther's........ dragon punch? Well I can get the sprites for it to use as a reference for the animations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ninka_kiwi on July 10, 2012, 10:42:11 PM
It'd be sick if you could implement some of Richter's moves into the moveset
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on July 11, 2012, 09:09:44 PM
Someone really needs to make Simon's other appearances...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 17, 2012, 06:55:08 PM
I feel like this topic needs some reviving. :P

. . .

Here are two preview videos of my Scizor revamp.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on July 17, 2012, 08:25:49 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 17, 2012, 06:55:08 PM
I feel like this topic needs some reviving. :P

. . .

Here are two preview videos of my Scizor revamp.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The gliding looks very nice! Impressive.

Progress looks great! Are those sounds done over the video or included in a sound pack?

And awesome ending. Grabs off ledge and suicides for the final kill. Well done.

How'd you get that Back Throw (the suicide throw) to function like that? Like how did you get it so that if it falls off the stage then it'd continue falling?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on July 17, 2012, 08:34:19 PM
looks like scizor learned destiny bond  :laugh: jk
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 17, 2012, 08:42:03 PM
Quote from: Royal_Blade on July 17, 2012, 08:25:49 PM
The gliding looks very nice! Impressive.

Progress looks great! Are those sounds done over the video or included in a sound pack?

And awesome ending. Grabs off ledge and suicides for the final kill. Well done.

How'd you get that Back Throw (the suicide throw) to function like that? Like how did you get it so that if it falls off the stage then it'd continue falling?
Thanks. :) The sounds are in the video. And it took me some time to get the Back Throw to work properly. The coding's a bit difficult to explain though. <_> But I also managed to code it so that the victim can escape the throw by pressing the Attack button repeatably. But you don't see it in the video because CPUs aren't very smart. :P

Quote from: AnImAiNe on July 17, 2012, 08:34:19 PM
looks like scizor learned destiny bond  :laugh: jk
:P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ChaosEpsilon613 on July 17, 2012, 08:52:32 PM
That kill lol very nice
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 28, 2012, 07:32:05 PM
I made a great amount of progress on Simon and finished new throws for him.... but I can't make vids. :/

All that remains are taunts.... and I can't come up with any so I might just dummy them.

Pics will come later..... maybe.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: metatrongrhm on July 31, 2012, 11:30:23 PM
... Good luck... I've only played 1 Castlevania and I thought it was alright(serves me right for using cheats!) but I cant wait to see how someone using a whip is 'incorporated' into SSBB
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on August 01, 2012, 02:17:50 AM
Quote from: metatrongrhm on July 31, 2012, 11:30:23 PM
... Good luck... I've only played 1 Castlevania and I thought it was alright(serves me right for using cheats!) but I cant wait to see how someone using a whip is 'incorporated' into SSBB
Zero Suit Samus.


That is all.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on August 01, 2012, 05:49:54 AM
<.< this is PSAs...well animations and stuff for the PSAs  :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on August 01, 2012, 02:13:15 PM
I like what I see :af:
I'd love a Bowser's Inside Story moveset for Bowser. His moveset bores me :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 01, 2012, 04:09:37 PM
Quote from: Anivernage on August 01, 2012, 05:49:54 AM
<.< this is PSAs...well animations and stuff for the PSAs  :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
this is how most hyped i am right now:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

+
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


KingJigglypuff Edit: Please put large pictures in spoilers next time.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: metatrongrhm on August 01, 2012, 04:18:42 PM
Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 01, 2012, 02:17:50 AM
Zero Suit Samus.


That is all.
... Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh... This is another time when I type before thinking...

But doesnt she only use it for like 2 attacks?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on August 01, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
Quote from: metatrongrhm on August 01, 2012, 04:18:42 PM
... Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh... This is another time when I type before thinking...

But doesnt she only use it for like 2 attacks?
Side smash, Up Smash, Neutral Air, Side Special, Up Special, Grab and Forward Throw. So yeah, it's pretty incorporated into her moveset.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: metatrongrhm on August 01, 2012, 08:19:09 PM
Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 01, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
Side smash, Up Smash, Neutral Air, Side Special, Up Special, Grab and Forward Throw. So yeah, it's pretty incorporated into her moveset.
... All I could remember was Side Special and Grab... Well... That's enough idiocy from me... I'm gonna leave now before I say something else stupid
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on August 01, 2012, 10:46:06 PM
Simon's whip has more range than Zamus' plasma whip. Seriously.
I finished his throws last week(one of them is based off of Judgement's throws) and all that remains are taunts, which I may just blank out since I've been sitting on this for a while.

Wish I could make a vid, but I can't now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on August 01, 2012, 10:52:41 PM
All my hype for Simon good sir.  It would be wonderful to see another whip character to the cast.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Nah on August 02, 2012, 12:15:09 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 02, 2012, 04:02:33 AM
I'm not either. This is the only official 3d model of Simon Belmont.
However, if you want another design, find someone who's a damn good modeler that is willing to do another design of Simon Belmont of either one of there 2:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]


And then have them PM me before they begin, because I made a custom boneset for this PSA) and I need it to synch to have it work with my moveset.
I have that first one ripped from that TV Mix Dream Fighters thing for the gamecube. I can send it if you want

KingJigglypuff Edit: When quoting a post, please put large pictures in spoilers next time
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on August 02, 2012, 03:24:47 AM
PM it to me.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on August 08, 2012, 02:36:36 AM
This HD lets me record kinda smooth video again sooo...

Capture Test - SSBB - Simon Belmont PSA Sneak Peek (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBakk-4Nhc#)
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- Fsmash and Nair are placeholders for the time being for like minded moves from Judgement.
- I'm thinking about changing Dash Attack to something from Judgement rather than Whip Kirby's Vortex attack thing.
- Big Shell is also far from done. As you can see, the sky needs it's fog settings fixed to match the not quite clean sea.
- I was unsure about the character's balance considering how much range the whip gives him...
- GFX are not 100% complete.
- It may not have finished processing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on August 08, 2012, 08:41:58 PM
most of the animations still look a bit stiff/forced, although it seems like he plays smoothly, which is also very important ^^
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on August 10, 2012, 10:03:01 AM
Rule number one with Simon, one shall never run with him.  Only walk.  Thou must respect the sacredness of the Belmont strut. 
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on August 10, 2012, 06:30:22 PM
ShadowWolf633 - live streaming video powered by Livestream (http://www.livestream.com/shadowwolf633/)

Ignore the animations after the Up-B

They have been changed since the video is made.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 13, 2012, 05:36:07 PM
so, I have finally got act on PSA since it's so much easier to do it now!
so I am creating my own Personal PSA with some help by KJP :3

The thing I have done:

B: Metromone
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


B: Explosion by Metromone
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


it will be 5-8 more attacks that metromone can do! not these 2
[/spoiler]

B(air): Dream Circle
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Personal Things
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


not much to show or say right now.

what do you think? :3
the first actual big PSA I will ever done o.o
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on August 14, 2012, 10:45:31 PM
Aw sweet, Metronome.

You should totally find a way to use Master Hand as the finger wagging grahic. :srs:

Anyway, Snoopy will more than likely be rigging Aggron over Bowser, so I kinda came up with a quick moveset:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Not final, but eh.

Anyway, since there isn't a model yet, I started animating using the regular Bowser model. Here's what I'm probably gonna use for Reversal:

Reversal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h8voOykaG8#)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 14, 2012, 11:03:50 PM
agroon being 4x weak to fighting makes him very fragil on ssbb xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on August 15, 2012, 01:42:03 AM
SSBB Sora Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuqQwccsLyc#ws)

Video by ShadowWolf

There has been much more progress then whats displayed in the video. Most of which in his Valor Form.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 15, 2012, 07:46:19 AM
Quote from: Mr. Vile on August 14, 2012, 10:45:31 PM
Aw sweet, Metronome.

You should totally find a way to use Master Hand as the finger wagging grahic. :srs:

Anyway, Snoopy will more than likely be rigging Aggron over Bowser, so I kinda came up with a quick moveset:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Not final, but eh.

Anyway, since there isn't a model yet, I started animating using the regular Bowser model. Here's what I'm probably gonna use for Reversal:

Reversal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h8voOykaG8#)
I can use the hand from CSS/SSS since it's small and doesn't take so much space :3

and that looks good!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 17, 2012, 02:27:03 AM
Just posting a rig for a PSA I'm making. I just recently finished rigging the model, porting it over Wolf, and fixing any glitches. I'm onto the animating now.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on August 17, 2012, 02:29:23 AM
Quote from: Mr. Vile on August 14, 2012, 10:45:31 PM
Aw sweet, Metronome.

You should totally find a way to use Master Hand as the finger wagging grahic. :srs:

Anyway, Snoopy will more than likely be rigging Aggron over Bowser, so I kinda came up with a quick moveset:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Not final, but eh.

Anyway, since there isn't a model yet, I started animating using the regular Bowser model. Here's what I'm probably gonna use for Reversal:

Reversal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h8voOykaG8#)

That animation...

Is it Sonic's Side Smash or did you do that from scratch? Cause if from scratch. It's pretty good!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on August 17, 2012, 02:32:36 AM
100% from scratch, as usual.

I considered using Sonic's side smash, but there's the whole right shoulder problem and I figured fixing it would take more effort than just making it from scratch, so I scrapped that idea.

Looks meh in-game, gotta fix up the follow-through, it lasts a bit too long.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on August 17, 2012, 05:07:37 AM
It actually looks like one of Mario's Win animations but edited a bit.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on August 17, 2012, 05:10:36 AM
It's definitely not. I'm not that lazy. >_>
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on August 17, 2012, 05:14:35 AM
Which is a good thing among animators to not be.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 19, 2012, 07:57:37 AM
SSBB hacks: Gotenks moveset beta previews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBZUGRTEwI#)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on August 19, 2012, 05:43:08 PM
do you record without sounds, or does ur psa have no sounds yet?
also, the intro is cool, but when gotenks appears, he looks kinda frozen... he should move a bit more IMO
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 19, 2012, 07:22:21 PM
Quote from: jokekid on August 19, 2012, 05:43:08 PM
do you record without sounds, or does ur psa have no sounds yet?
also, the intro is cool, but when gotenks appears, he looks kinda frozen... he should move a bit more IMO
the moveset is right now muted only sounds for punchs/kicks/explodsions
i know the entry pose was based on this:
(http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb58377/dragonball/es/images/9/9f/250px-Gotenks.png)
but will possible revamp it right before release since i got a better idea
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 19, 2012, 07:34:19 PM
I have a question!

have you added some actions and subactions? and did them work?
my new actions only doing "change subaction" and the subaction only does it's animation. no attacks or effect :/
even "change action to wait1" is nulled D:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 19, 2012, 08:00:22 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 19, 2012, 07:34:19 PM
I have a question!

have you added some actions and subactions? and did them work?
my new actions only doing "change subaction" and the subaction only does it's animation. no attacks or effect :/
even "change action to wait1" is nulled D:
nope i have not added it yet since i just PSAed gotenks with the old PSA method and then PSAed the articles with brawlbox
so i do not know they work or not
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 19, 2012, 09:21:40 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 19, 2012, 07:34:19 PM
I have a question!

have you added some actions and subactions? and did them work?
my new actions only doing "change subaction" and the subaction only does it's animation. no attacks or effect :/
even "change action to wait1" is nulled D:
i heard kjp saying that too adding actions on bbx doesnt make them work ingame so ultil we figure out how to make new actions work(maybe kjp did already?) we are stuck with the same number of actions :S
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 19, 2012, 09:49:30 PM
Quote from: Carnage on August 19, 2012, 09:21:40 PM
i heard kjp saying that too adding actions on bbx doesnt make them work ingame so ultil we figure out how to make new actions work(maybe kjp did already?) we are stuck with the same number of actions :S
You are correct. Adding a new Action without any changes will make the character fall through the floor when that said Action is called. But there are ways to prevent the character from falling through the floor when called. The downside is that the character will stay in place once the Action is called. :-\
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on August 19, 2012, 11:16:42 PM
Wait what? Seriously?

Crap if that's true then I have to do a bunch of work on sora.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on August 20, 2012, 12:06:27 AM
Quote from: Kagemaru on August 19, 2012, 11:16:42 PM
Wait what? Seriously?

Crap if that's true then I have to do a bunch of work on sora.

This ^
Now i need to remake BJ and sasuke :oshi:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on August 20, 2012, 12:08:01 AM
Quote from: Anivernage on August 20, 2012, 12:06:27 AM
This ^
Now i need to remake BJ and sasuke :oshi:
[Luigi]Awww. Mama Mia![/Luigi]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 20, 2012, 05:23:28 AM
if you guys needing more actions i know a way to get it but i kinda call it a fake way to get it
since you still having the same numbers of actions but it feels like you have unlimited
did that alot of times but most on Goku(over CF)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on August 20, 2012, 05:42:49 AM
I'll have to test Sora to see if that issue is there.  But I'm glad I didn't have to worry about it with Wolverine our any of my other hacks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on August 20, 2012, 07:14:39 AM
Quote from: Mariodk on August 19, 2012, 07:57:37 AM
SSBB hacks: Gotenks moveset beta previews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBZUGRTEwI#)
I love you no homo

Quote from: Anivernage on August 20, 2012, 07:09:39 AM
Remember both are betas.

Sasuke arm with animations not showed here only arm :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Bowser Jr. No robot here ;-;
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




[/spoiler]



Post Merge: August 20, 2012, 07:24:18 AM

are the working attack because of new BB but i made a lot of progress on specials,etc. ;-;
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on August 20, 2012, 07:25:09 AM
We have a few Hebi Sasuke previews but won't be able to show them till Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 20, 2012, 01:32:28 PM
lol BJ transfrom to spiderman

anyway i think i can get a shadow mario model ready for you Anivernage/southcraft(after gotenks psa)
and the textures is easy to be animted too

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on August 20, 2012, 01:40:13 PM
Yes! Shadow Mario! ;D can't wait to see that!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 21, 2012, 12:45:44 AM
A preview of the Assist Trophy use animation I'm working on for Tabuu. ;D (Yes, he's STILL working on that project. lol)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 21, 2012, 12:57:04 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 21, 2012, 12:45:44 AM
A preview of the Assist Trophy use animation I'm working on for Tabuu. ;D (Yes, he's STILL working on that project. lol)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

why are the textures so wierd? also do you realise with model imports if anyone rigged that model to a brawl boneset you wouldnt need to make all the misc animations? xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on August 21, 2012, 12:59:44 AM
But he would also likely not have all the references needed to make the .PAT0/.SRT0/etc. to function.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 21, 2012, 01:07:14 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 21, 2012, 12:59:44 AM
But he would also likely not have all the references needed to make the .PAT0/.SRT0/etc. to function.

Not only that, but this was started long before importing/rigging were possible.

And yes, he'd be missing all that.

Also, the textures look weird because this is a Brawl Box pic. BB can't render Tabuu's model properly.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on August 21, 2012, 01:12:26 AM
Does he have an up smash animation now? I have the last version, and it shows a glitched up tabuu, mixed-modeled mess. It still connects though. :P The shielding animation does this too.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 21, 2012, 01:14:46 AM
I re-did the entire shielding animation. No more wings there.

And the last two moves will be done after the misc animations are all finished (save for his thrown/bitten/etc. animations, which can't be fixed. :( ) And I choose to make all these animations. I don't feel forced to make them. I prefer 100% custom animations, except for a few exceptions. It helps my PSAs stand out from the animations of other characters.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on August 21, 2012, 01:37:59 AM
 I like you're style. 8) I'd want to do something kinda like that when I start making hacks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 21, 2012, 01:41:28 AM
Quote from: Mareeo 64 on August 21, 2012, 01:37:59 AM
I like you're style. 8) I'd want to do something kinda like that when I start making hacks.

Thanks, at least someone does. lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on August 21, 2012, 01:47:39 AM
Carry on model riggers, as I have a Dry Bones moveset to finish writing. :P
laters!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 22, 2012, 07:14:45 PM
I found something instresting!

but I have question to all! did anyone found out how to make new actions/subactions work great ingame? not buggy one?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 22, 2012, 09:23:08 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 22, 2012, 07:14:45 PM
I found something instresting!

but I have question to all! did anyone found out how to make new actions/subactions work great ingame? not buggy one?
so far ppl found out how to make an action work but the hcar go thrue the floor do you know how?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on August 23, 2012, 12:46:35 AM
Quote from: Kagemaru on August 15, 2012, 01:42:03 AM
SSBB Sora Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuqQwccsLyc#ws)

Video by ShadowWolf

There has been much more progress then whats displayed in the video. Most of which in his Valor Form.
that sora looks really thin
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on August 23, 2012, 12:49:58 AM
Quote from: rax189 on August 23, 2012, 12:46:35 AMthat sora looks really thin
You could blame Marth's bone structure for that. Which is also another reason I keep Sora over Pit. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on August 23, 2012, 07:15:41 AM
allow/disallow specific movement. To which you'll basically disallow vertical movement. This should help for ground moves since normal ground moves don't leave the ground so you can 'fake' vertical movement by raising anything above the HipN bone thats not the TransN...  thats just my initial thought on how to fix the issue. I wont actually test that theory until I actually have that issue. Sora was handled fairly nicely by Anonymous.

Doesn't work for everything obviously... and its actually kinda ghetto.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on August 23, 2012, 01:56:11 PM
Or if you don't want to fall through the ground you can add this to the action's tab in PSA if it reads it;

Bit Variable Clear: RA-Bit[16] = False
Set Loop Infinite
    If: On Ground
        Set Edge Slide: 0-1
        Set Air/Ground: On Ground
        If Value Not Bit Is Set: Ra-Bit[16]
            Change Subaction: sub action = XXX, pass frame = false
        Else
            Change Subaction: sub action = XXX, pass frame = true
        End If:
        Subactions 02: 6-4
    Else:
        Set Edge Slide: 0-5
        Set Air/Ground: In Air
        If Value Not Bit Is Set: Ra-Bit[16]
            Change Subaction: sub action = YYY, pass frame = false
        Else
            Change Subaction: sub action = YYY, pass frame = true
        End If:
        Subactions 02: 6-3
    End If:
    Bit Variable Set: Ra-Bit[16] = True
    Loop Rest
Execute Loop

XXX = Your new Subaction on the ground
YYY = Your new Subaction in the Air

Stick this in the action tab of your new action.

Yes for every new action, you need to add 2 subactions, one for the ground, one for the air.

Fancier, not ghetto, smoother, keeps you on the ground when you're on the ground, and lets you be affected by normal gravity in the air.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 23, 2012, 02:03:19 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 23, 2012, 01:56:11 PM
Or if you don't want to fall through the ground you can add this to the action's tab in PSA if it reads it;

Bit Variable Clear: RA-Bit[16] = False
Set Loop Infinite
    If: On Ground
        Set Edge Slide: 0-1
        Set Air/Ground: On Ground
        If Value Not Bit Is Set: Ra-Bit[16]
            Change Subaction: sub action = XXX, pass frame = false
        Else
            Change Subaction: sub action = XXX, pass frame = true
        End If:
        Subactions 02: 6-4
    Else:
        Set Edge Slide: 0-5
        Set Air/Ground: In Air
        If Value Not Bit Is Set: Ra-Bit[16]
            Change Subaction: sub action = YYY, pass frame = false
        Else
            Change Subaction: sub action = YYY, pass frame = true
        End If:
        Subactions 02: 6-3
    End If:
    Bit Variable Set: Ra-Bit[16] = True
    Loop Rest
Execute Loop

XXX = Your new Subaction on the ground
YYY = Your new Subaction in the Air

Stick this in the action tab of your new action.

Yes for every new action, you need to add 2 subactions, one for the ground, one for the air.

Fancier, not ghetto, smoother, keeps you on the ground when you're on the ground, and lets you be affected by normal gravity in the air.

guess we can add new actions now :P that is preety much the standard action code in most pac files
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on August 24, 2012, 09:57:07 AM
indeed it is, and nobody had thought of that before... xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 24, 2012, 04:10:23 PM
I did something extraordinaly and original. I might be the first who have done this.
I gave Jigglypuff a special throw like Captain Falcons UpB!
well, kinda and kinda. it's still a beta stage.

and "special" throw, I mean the opponent using a diffirent action than "Capture" Action and I will put it on SideB.

Made the attack simiall to Captain Falcons UpB with same animation

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Holding animation, just a short time just like Captain Falcons

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

BOOM!

problem is jigglypuff doesn't fly away just like captain falcon upB after the throw. I am pretty happy about how good it went!
also want to add a "aerial version on that"
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on August 24, 2012, 04:15:25 PM
That's awesome! Very original indeed! :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 24, 2012, 04:16:29 PM
i wanna learn how to make special throw cuz if my super ghosts fails with 15% on down-B and 30% on FS at same time over 1 article i will make special throw on FS: buu buu volley ball
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 24, 2012, 04:19:02 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 24, 2012, 04:10:23 PM
I did something extraordinaly and original. I might be the first who have done this.
I gave Jigglypuff a special throw like Captain Falcons UpB!
well, kinda and kinda. it's still a beta stage.

and "special" throw, I mean the opponent using a diffirent action than "Capture" Action and I will put it on SideB.

Made the attack simiall to Captain Falcons UpB with same animation

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Holding animation, just a short time just like Captain Falcons

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

BOOM!

problem is jigglypuff doesn't fly away just like captain falcon upB after the throw. I am pretty happy about how good it went!
also want to add a "aerial version on that"
Amazing stuff there. o.o And I might know why your character isn't leaving the ground. If you like, post the coding that you have in your Action Tab.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on August 24, 2012, 04:39:08 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 24, 2012, 04:10:23 PM
I did something extraordinaly and original. I might be the first who have done this.
I gave Jigglypuff a special throw like Captain Falcons UpB!
well, kinda and kinda. it's still a beta stage.

and "special" throw, I mean the opponent using a diffirent action than "Capture" Action and I will put it on SideB.

Made the attack simiall to Captain Falcons UpB with same animation

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Holding animation, just a short time just like Captain Falcons

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

BOOM!

problem is jigglypuff doesn't fly away just like captain falcon upB after the throw. I am pretty happy about how good it went!
also want to add a "aerial version on that"

Wow excellent!  This is something you must share my friend ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on August 24, 2012, 04:56:50 PM
Damn. That's sweet :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 24, 2012, 05:49:37 PM
wow, I did create hype! :D

I will tell you what how it works more speficik after I have successfully put it on SideB.
and yes, the opponent gets the animation/action when you get grabbed by Captain Falcons UpB

does anyone know what I can use instead for Bit variable Set? cause all the "catch" literally hates them.
what can I use instead for "If: Bit is set"?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on August 24, 2012, 07:47:37 PM
Wow... No freakin' way...

That's great! (Now to use it for my personal goals...) /sinister

Peke~, I salute you for your efforts!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 24, 2012, 07:56:03 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 24, 2012, 05:49:37 PM
wow, I did create hype! :D

I will tell you what how it works more speficik after I have successfully put it on SideB.
and yes, the opponent gets the animation/action when you get grabbed by Captain Falcons UpB

does anyone know what I can use instead for Bit variable Set? cause all the "catch" literally hates them.
what can I use instead for "If: Bit is set"?
i think i just know how you did that now xD cuz you saying If: Bit is set xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 24, 2012, 08:10:38 PM
I finally did it!
The First Own Special Throw!
it's fully working on SideB now! I am so proud over myself!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

the normal Grab, all the grabs works perfect

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

the special grab hold! only last for some frames just like the Captain Falcon UpB

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

BOOM! just like captain falcons!
sadly, I haven't fixed jigglypuff flying just like he!

will record a short movie to show it

now, just all the left is the Aerial one :3
Quote from: Mariodk on August 24, 2012, 07:56:03 PM
i think i just know how you did that now xD cuz you saying If: Bit is set xD
not how I did so the character got Captain Falcons "Grabbed" animation with it's own action and the jigglypuffs throw animation.
since captain falcons "grabbed" animation/action is only aviable to himself
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on August 24, 2012, 08:43:50 PM
The flying is an easy fix.  Just put "Set Air Ground: 17 and Set Aerial/Onstage State: 5" in the action tab where Jiggs would go flying.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 24, 2012, 08:50:11 PM
anyone want a tutorial on how to make a custom grab attack? :happy:
Quote from: SiLeNt BeLm0nT on August 24, 2012, 08:43:50 PM
The flying is an easy fix.  Just put "Set Air Ground: 17 and Set Aerial/Onstage State: 5" in the action tab where Jiggs would go flying.
thanks, I will try that :3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 24, 2012, 08:51:58 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 24, 2012, 08:50:11 PM
anyone want a tutorial on how to make a custom grab attack? :happy:
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! xD
i will sure be using it for one of my next PSAs xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on August 24, 2012, 09:04:15 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 24, 2012, 08:50:11 PM
anyone want a tutorial on how to make a custom grab attack?
MMEEEEEWWTTTTWWOOOOO  :happy:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on August 24, 2012, 09:13:17 PM
Quote from: Anivernage on August 24, 2012, 09:04:15 PM
MMEEEEEWWTTTTWWOOOOO  :happy:


Well in the case of Mewtwo, you wouldn't need to manually add a new grab, since one could recycle Lucario's old one.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 24, 2012, 09:14:14 PM
me three special grabs ftw xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on August 24, 2012, 09:14:28 PM
Quote from: SiLeNt BeLm0nT on August 24, 2012, 09:13:17 PM
Well in the case of Mewtwo, you wouldn't need to manually add a new grab, since one could recycle Lucario's old one.
lol i was meaning me too :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on August 24, 2012, 09:18:21 PM
Great. Now Solidus can tentacle rape his victims when I make the PSA.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 24, 2012, 09:21:34 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 24, 2012, 09:18:21 PM
Great. Now Solidus can tentacle rape his victims when I make the PSA.
and sasuke can do Lions barrage on his up-B i have planed xD if special graps ever got possible
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 24, 2012, 09:36:28 PM
did I open up the gate for more possibilities? 83

wish I knew better english grammar cause it's so much to explain about the grab D:
the grab did take the whole day to do :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 24, 2012, 09:37:36 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 24, 2012, 09:36:28 PM
did I open up the gate for more possibilities? 83

wish I knew better english grammar cause it's so much to explain about the grab D:
the grab did take the whole day to do :/
just wondering does the oponent get really attached to your trowN and you can move it around that they will do everything like a normal grab?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on August 24, 2012, 09:42:20 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 24, 2012, 09:36:28 PM
did I open up the gate for more possibilities? 83

wish I knew better english grammar cause it's so much to explain about the grab D:
the grab did take the whole day to do :/

Or you can post the PSA code of the actions/subactions in question.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 25, 2012, 11:06:32 AM
JigglypuffThrowlol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHexYCtJWuE#)

the video, first showing all the normal grabs and throws. when I showing of the "Special" Grab and Throw on SideB.

sadly, I can't make them grab in air :/

Tutorial Soon~
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 25, 2012, 01:22:06 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 25, 2012, 11:06:32 AM
JigglypuffThrowlol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHexYCtJWuE#)

the video, first showing all the normal grabs and throws. when I showing of the "Special" Grab and Throw on SideB.

sadly, I can't make them grab in air :/

Tutorial Soon~
what made special grabs specials were the air version imo :S it looks like you activate a bit then redirect to the normal grab action
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 25, 2012, 02:09:30 PM
Quote from: Carnage on August 25, 2012, 01:22:06 PM
what made special grabs specials were the air version imo :S it looks like you activate a bit then redirect to the normal grab action
why this special grab is special is that when I grabbed dedede, he got a diffirent action instead for the normal action grabbed meaning we can use diffirent animation to the grabbed one inside Jigglypuffs MotionEct file.
I used Captain falcons animations (both Grabbed and Thrown) and his actions.
the funny thing, when the opponent gets grabbed with this animation, they cant do anything and the one who grabbed will NEVER release him unless he throws/attack him.
I tried to make jigglypuff hold on dedede like 1-2 mins before I throw him! it was funny xD

Jigglypuff is SUPPOSE to jump just like CF himself but you see him spinning on the ground instead
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 25, 2012, 02:38:17 PM
Quote from: Peke~ on August 25, 2012, 02:09:30 PM
why this special grab is special is that when I grabbed dedede, he got a diffirent action instead for the normal action grabbed meaning we can use diffirent animation to the grabbed one inside Jigglypuffs MotionEct file.
I used Captain falcons animations (both Grabbed and Thrown) and his actions.
the funny thing, when the opponent gets grabbed with this animation, they cant do anything and the one who grabbed will NEVER release him unless he throws/attack him.
I tried to make jigglypuff hold on dedede like 1-2 mins before I throw him! it was funny xD

Jigglypuff is SUPPOSE to jump just like CF himself but you see him spinning on the ground instead
now i get it its a shame it doesnt work on the air tough
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on August 25, 2012, 04:02:44 PM
:srs: you made my year xD
well i hope when you post the tutorial someone can get the air special grab working
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: _Data_Drain_ on August 25, 2012, 05:48:27 PM
Yeah, you should post the coding used in this. This way, someone may be able to refine, and perfect the coding...

I can see a command grab being useful for many PSAs...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 25, 2012, 07:17:21 PM
I will make a guide/tutorial of how to make a Special Throw now so expect it later today or tomorrow
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on August 25, 2012, 07:50:09 PM
Though, £10 says all the upcoming PSAs within the next month or two will have a command grab after the tutorial XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 25, 2012, 07:52:23 PM
Quote from: SiLeNt BeLm0nT on August 25, 2012, 07:50:09 PM
Though, £10 says all the upcoming PSAs within the next month or two will have a command grab after the tutorial XD
^this cuz i have 2 PSAs in mind that can use this special grap (hope we can get it to work in air too)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 25, 2012, 09:21:22 PM
the tutorial is up!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=49878.msg1011427#msg1011427 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=49878.msg1011427#msg1011427)
Quote from: SiLeNt BeLm0nT on August 25, 2012, 07:50:09 PM
Though, £10 says all the upcoming PSAs within the next month or two will have a command grab after the tutorial XD
yeah! but I hope it are good ones!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on August 25, 2012, 09:22:46 PM
inb4falconstyledpsasforeveryone
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop! AIR GRAB
Post by: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 01:40:06 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on August 25, 2012, 09:22:46 PM
inb4falconstyledpsasforeveryone
I hope we will see something awesome with the special throw 83

heck yes! I am feeling awesome!
I got Air Grab working  :af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 26, 2012, 01:41:41 PM
Quote from: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 01:40:06 PM
I hope we will see something awesome with the special throw 83

heck yes! I am feeling awesome!
I got Air Grab working  :af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Nice. =D Is it possible to have both Grabs be Special?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 01:43:45 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 26, 2012, 01:41:41 PM
Nice. =D Is it possible to have both Grabs be Special?
it is possible! I was just lazy to not do the Grounded B Grab as well xD
just aimed at get Air Grab possible
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 26, 2012, 01:45:10 PM
great so officialy we can make special grabs xD and your using cf animation for the oponent but you can use ganon side B for example right?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 26, 2012, 01:45:59 PM
Updated the rules. Users may now ask questions about PSA.

Quote from: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 01:43:45 PM
it is possible! I was just lazy to not do the Grounded B Grab as well xD
just aimed at get Air Grab possible
Oh. Well that's great to hear. Let's hope you can fix up the direction problem. And did you manage to get the character to leave the ground when the Special Grab is used on the ground?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 01:56:42 PM
Quote from: Carnage on August 26, 2012, 01:45:10 PM
great so officialy we can make special grabs xD and your using cf animation for the oponent but you can use ganon side B for example right?
the only actions I have tested is Captain Falcons upB and Bowsers SideB. only Captain Falcons upB worked.
but if Ganon SideB action works to, we will be able to do use it as a base.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 26, 2012, 01:45:59 PM
Updated the rules. Users may now ask questions about PSA.
Oh. Well that's great to hear. Let's hope you can fix up the direction problem. And did you manage to get the character to leave the ground when the Special Grab is used on the ground?
if you ment the animation, it's easy fix by rotating him xD

and now, I haven't jigglypuff. but I will do a grounded throw on falco. it will be either the same throw as Captain Falcon or Ganondorfs SideB
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 26, 2012, 02:27:24 PM
Quote from: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 01:56:42 PM
the only actions I have tested is Captain Falcons upB and Bowsers SideB. only Captain Falcons upB worked.
but if Ganon SideB action works to, we will be able to do use it as a base.
if you ment the animation, it's easy fix by rotating him xD

and now, I haven't jigglypuff. but I will do a grounded throw on falco. it will be either the same throw as Captain Falcon or Ganondorfs SideB
you should release this falco psa with 2 special trows and the xexed fighter pac so ppl can see the code forthemselves that would help alot imo.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 02:53:57 PM
Quote from: Carnage on August 26, 2012, 02:27:24 PM
you should release this falco psa with 2 special trows and the xexed fighter pac so ppl can see the code forthemselves that would help alot imo.
luckly, character like falco can do it much easier and safer than characters like jigglypuff.
but once brawlbox can rebuild PSA and Fighter.pac completly, I will update the guide

and how will I release it? I dont have a PSAthread and if it are same rules here as in the model wip thread, I cant post it here D:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 26, 2012, 03:12:32 PM
Quote from: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 02:53:57 PMand how will I release it? I dont have a PSAthread and if it are same rules here as in the model wip thread, I cant post it here D:
Since Special Grabs are a big thing, I could sticky your Tutorial Topic.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on August 26, 2012, 04:08:49 PM
Question: Can you see if it works on mario? Also can you see if you can trigger it like a Final Smash? Kinda important to the Cerebella Project =3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 05:43:47 PM
more progress!
Falco has now 3 types of Throws!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 26, 2012, 03:12:32 PM
Since Special Grabs are a big thing, I could sticky your Tutorial Topic.
yeay! my first sticky :happy:

Quote from: ƦƴƌıᶏƑᶉơmƑƑ² on August 26, 2012, 04:08:49 PM
Question: Can you see if it works on mario? Also can you see if you can trigger it like a Final Smash? Kinda important to the Cerebella Project =3
you can do special throws on anyone!
but some are easier than other. Falco was more easier than jigglypuff. mario is as hard as jigglypuff sadly D:
and you can make it trigger on final smash, same as I did on B and side B :3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on August 26, 2012, 06:00:13 PM
A couple of throws follow the YRotN bone for some reason instead of ThrowN.  Try altering the position of that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on August 26, 2012, 06:23:11 PM
Quote from: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 05:43:47 PM
you can do special throws on anyone!
but some are easier than other. Falco was more easier than jigglypuff. mario is as hard as jigglypuff sadly D:
and you can make it trigger on final smash, same as I did on B and side B :3
....excelent... now I can do the Show Stopper Super!! Please teach jiggy how to do it as I would love to animate that into her final Smash!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 08:22:01 PM
Quote from: SiLeNt BeLm0nT on August 26, 2012, 06:00:13 PM
A couple of throws follow the YRotN bone for some reason instead of ThrowN.  Try altering the position of that.
I am sure that will not work cause every animation I used are using throwN bone.
might be some kind of flag I have missed or something.

worse case scenario would be flag in module file D:

I MUST TEST TO GIVE FALCO YOSHI B GRAB TO TURN THEM INTO EGGS!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on August 26, 2012, 09:07:43 PM
Quote from: pikazz on August 26, 2012, 08:22:01 PM
I am sure that will not work cause every animation I used are using throwN bone.
might be some kind of flag I have missed or something.

worse case scenario would be flag in module file D:

I MUST TEST TO GIVE FALCO YOSHI B GRAB TO TURN THEM INTO EGGS!
O.o
lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 27, 2012, 05:18:41 AM
Just wondering where I should post this:

Added External GFX come completely anchored to the character and bones, interestingly enough they anchor based on the current bone's rotations (something not alot of standard GFX do).  So I figured out how to make animations that fall in line with animations.  All I need to complete this concept and make a tutorial is find out how to make hitboxes with offsets rotate with the bone...
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on August 28, 2012, 04:48:03 AM
That's pretty cool Omni.

Is that like how the super scope/cracker launcher work? if so, that'd be neat to have.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 28, 2012, 05:24:55 AM
I think so but I'll have to do more testing in order to make sure it just came in handy I had to have Ganondorf rip a big slab of rock out of the ground
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

and throw it
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And I was able to have two options I could animate Ganondorf and the rock separately or just edit the ThrowN bones rotations each frame, I chose the former just to make sure the move was perfect.
I believe you can hex in if you want the external GFX to be anchored or not so long as it loads from a brres file.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on August 28, 2012, 08:43:05 PM
That's great news!

I've always wanted to try and get that working.

I wanted to give Samus a charge and move neutral B.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on August 28, 2012, 09:12:14 PM
Gaahh!!! This is making me sturrcrazy! I wanna make the Show Stopper so bad now x.x
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 28, 2012, 09:14:25 PM
a trow for a FS doesnt look very solid to me since you will get one kill at max imo
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on August 28, 2012, 09:23:23 PM
Quote from: Carnage on August 28, 2012, 09:14:25 PM
a trow for a FS doesnt look very solid to me since you will get one kill at max imo
But.. the show stopper D= So Epic D=

also, it can be scripted to have the slamming cause damage to others, along with the swinging of the arm. There's tons of possibilities =3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 29, 2012, 07:10:54 AM
Quote from: Carnage on August 28, 2012, 09:14:25 PM
a trow for a FS doesnt look very solid to me since you will get one kill at max imo
Its not an FS... :>.>:....You should know as one of my beta testers haha it's his downsmash but its kinda spammable looking to put a restriction on it and give it some cooldown time before it can be used again.  

Tried hexing normal GFX to see if I could anchor them didn't work out so well  :srs: but I'll keep trying to anchor them.

Going to experiment with special flags soon to, so I can get the effect of people stuck in a grab during for example a dash attack.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 29, 2012, 09:20:59 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on August 29, 2012, 07:10:54 AM
Its not an FS... :>.>:....You should know as one of my beta testers haha it's his downsmash but its kinda spammable looking to put a restriction on it and give it some cooldown time before it can be used again.  

Tried hexing normal GFX to see if I could anchor them didn't work out so well  :srs: but I'll keep trying to anchor them.

Going to experiment with special flags soon to, so I can get the effect of people stuck in a grab during for example a dash attack.
-Omni
i was talking about kit idea lol look up theres even an awnser :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 29, 2012, 11:39:09 PM
I can't find out how to make the character follow the "throwN" bone on those diffirent actions.
I might have a idea how to make that happen but it's just a therody I will test today/tomorrow
Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on August 28, 2012, 09:23:23 PM
But.. the show stopper D= So Epic D=

also, it can be scripted to have the slamming cause damage to others, along with the swinging of the arm. There's tons of possibilities =3
indeed, kinda like Links final smash? one gets the most of the hits while the other can get hit but not as the "target"?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 30, 2012, 12:30:22 AM
Quote from: pikazz on August 29, 2012, 11:39:09 PM
I can't find out how to make the character follow the "throwN" bone on those diffirent actions.
I might have a idea how to make that happen but it's just a therody I will test today/tomorrowindeed, kinda like Links final smash? one gets the most of the hits while the other can get hit but not as the "target"?
maybe the question is what bone are they following if any
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on August 30, 2012, 12:39:20 AM
Quote from: pikazz on August 29, 2012, 11:39:09 PM
kinda like Links final smash? one gets the most of the hits while the other can get hit but not as the "target"?
Essentually =3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 30, 2012, 06:03:02 AM
Quote from: Carnage on August 30, 2012, 12:30:22 AM
maybe the question is what bone are they following if any
Well what're you asking? Making a hitbox on a moving ThrowN bone? Making the GFX stick to it? Carnage has seen Zeus's Down Smash and as OP as it may be right now it looks really damn good so I can probs help with that.  Unless you talking about making the character move to the point of the ThrowN bone in PSA...then I'd have to do some testing lol
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on August 30, 2012, 09:59:31 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on August 30, 2012, 06:03:02 AM
Unless you talking about making the character move to the point of the ThrowN bone in PSA...
Prob what he was getting at
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 30, 2012, 10:42:10 PM
gah, this is bad.

I am this close {} to make the character follow the ThrowN bone cause I know how to do it.
I did Ganons throw on normal grab, meaning the character follow the throwN bone there.
but when I do the same stuff on the special grab, it freeze :oshi:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on August 30, 2012, 10:47:55 PM
Maybe try some new bone :af: *Shot*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on September 01, 2012, 07:00:02 AM
Then use the regular throw collisions to do it...or make a subroutine with the same coding as Ganon's normal throws.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 05, 2012, 02:18:08 AM
Oh hi thar
*stalks topic, in hopes of new info of grabbing*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: metatrongrhm on September 05, 2012, 03:17:08 AM
Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 05, 2012, 02:18:08 AM
Oh hi thar
*stalks topic, in hopes of new info of grabbing*
Why do people do this?
It's... confusing
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on September 05, 2012, 05:04:33 PM
well, I believe i know what to do to make the opponent follows the throwN bone but I just haven't tested it yet xD I am lazy.

is this WIP thread also a Animation WIP thread?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on September 05, 2012, 05:09:22 PM
Quote from: pikazz on September 05, 2012, 05:04:33 PM
well, I believe i know what to do to make the opponent follows the throwN bone but I just haven't tested it yet xD I am lazy.

is this WIP thread also a Animation WIP thread?
This is the Attacks and Animations section of the forum. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on September 05, 2012, 05:15:20 PM
(http://i45.tinypic.com/15n4ryo.jpg)
bowser do not approve for I am lazy about grabs

not for download~
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 05, 2012, 05:40:54 PM
That's an awesome throne :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on September 05, 2012, 06:22:59 PM
Cool throne. What version of Bowser's castle is it?

Anyway, this version of the model is made for my PSA which will be worked on after finishing Simon. Now comes with custom shadow.
(http://i.imgur.com/rmxhH.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/AFq2I.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on September 05, 2012, 06:24:50 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on September 05, 2012, 06:22:59 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Is this using a custom boenset or brawls? Cuse Ive been wondering hwo to add shadows to models with custom bone trees
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on September 05, 2012, 06:40:01 PM
http://youtu.be/tAsT5JhGG0I (http://youtu.be/tAsT5JhGG0I)
<< <<< >>> >>
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on September 05, 2012, 07:27:02 PM
Quote from: Pervy on September 05, 2012, 06:24:50 PM
Is this using a custom boenset or brawls? Cuse Ive been wondering hwo to add shadows to models with custom bone trees

The Shadow needs to use Brawl's boneset of the base char because not doing so will result in oddities with the shadow.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 06, 2012, 08:16:43 PM
Hulk Previews:

WalkSlow
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And

Up Smash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 06, 2012, 08:19:31 PM
Up-Smash was posted twice .-.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 06, 2012, 08:27:08 PM
Thats actually due to me screen printing over the WalkSlow wrong... I had scrolled down in Paint which made it screen print the way it did.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 06, 2012, 08:39:59 PM
>.>
<.<
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

*Flees*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on September 06, 2012, 08:50:12 PM
what the hell is that creepy thing? does a creature come out of her brains?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 06, 2012, 08:54:45 PM
I don't know 'what' it is, but its her 'weapon' in the game. I think her name is Cerabellum...

Anyway... cool animation. You ARE gonna finish a whole moveset for her right? I'd kinda want her over Sanji... (IIRC she is over Peach right?)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 06, 2012, 09:01:59 PM
Answers:
Cerebella, That Orange hat with arms is called Vice Versa which is indeed her main "weapon", and yes. I'm waiting to fix a few issues with a brand new version of the model.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: metatrongrhm on September 06, 2012, 09:18:42 PM
Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 06, 2012, 09:01:59 PM
Answers:
Cerebella, That Orange hat with arms is called Vice Versa which is indeed her main "weapon", and yes. I'm waiting to fix a few issues with a brand new version of the model.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ive been following for a while... Dem animations sexy
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 06, 2012, 09:39:00 PM
What are the issues with the model?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 06, 2012, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on September 06, 2012, 09:39:00 PM
What are the issues with the model?
Figured out how to fix the new issue =p I'll be working on her again later XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 06, 2012, 10:13:21 PM
Awesome
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on September 09, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
With full permission from SDoom of course .-.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've studied Joe in UMvC3 and as a result this is what he does have
1. Full set of scarf bones attached to the head, almost one for each row of vertices
2. Full mouth rig, featuring 5 bones per lip
3. Eye bones, for more awesome expressions
Extras
1. UMvC3 Shading
2. Bumped textures, for more detail
3. Dat Ass[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on September 09, 2012, 12:09:15 PM
Quote from: Pervy on September 09, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
With full permission from SDoom of course .-.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've studied Joe in UMvC3 and as a result this is what he does have
1. Full set of scarf bones attached to the head, almost one for each row of vertices
2. Full mouth rig, featuring 5 bones per lip
3. Eye bones, for more awesome expressions
Extras
1. UMvC3 Shading
2. Bumped textures, for more detail
3. Dat Ass[/spoiler]
looks epic
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on September 09, 2012, 02:29:21 PM
Quote from: Pervy on September 09, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
With full permission from SDoom of course .-.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've studied Joe in UMvC3 and as a result this is what he does have
1. Full set of scarf bones attached to the head, almost one for each row of vertices
2. Full mouth rig, featuring 5 bones per lip
3. Eye bones, for more awesome expressions
Extras
1. UMvC3 Shading
2. Bumped textures, for more detail
3. Dat Ass[/spoiler]

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Viewtiful Tears more like.  So much hype for this.  I swear once this is done to the point where you're happy with it I'm going to take it and steadily animate it over time.  Little bit by bit.  It will take months, due to all the bones there are to play around with but when it's done I assure you, it will be masterclass.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on September 09, 2012, 02:41:47 PM
Quote from: Pervy on September 09, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
With full permission from SDoom of course .-.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've studied Joe in UMvC3 and as a result this is what he does have
1. Full set of scarf bones attached to the head, almost one for each row of vertices
2. Full mouth rig, featuring 5 bones per lip
3. Eye bones, for more awesome expressions
Extras
1. UMvC3 Shading
2. Bumped textures, for more detail
3. Dat Ass[/spoiler]
Please tell me he'll work with V. Joe over Yoshi. ;-;
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on September 09, 2012, 02:59:38 PM
Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on September 09, 2012, 02:41:47 PM
Please tell me he'll work with V. Joe over Yoshi. ;-;

Not promising anything and I'm not going to make sure when I don't really give a [censored] about rel ports. Your free to experiment when it's released though
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on September 09, 2012, 03:12:01 PM
Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on September 09, 2012, 02:41:47 PM
Please tell me he'll work with V. Joe over Yoshi. ;-;

He won't even be optimised over the Falcon version.  Because it's a custom boneset, it needs to be re-animated, hence why I said I would remake him with better animations, better balance, cleaner hitboxes (looking back, Joe's disjoints were absolutely retarded) and more Viewtiful-ness.

Kinda wish he was over Toon Link the more I think about it.  It would allow me to make a more authentic PSA due to him having a boomerang and bombs already.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on September 09, 2012, 03:25:14 PM
I do believe you can actually shove the model over anyone so long as he has the same amount of bones or more(Which I believe he does) and your willing to completely restart PSA work. I'll continue heading for a stable version over Falcon but I can optimize a version for toonlink if you do so desire, along with taking the falcon animations and putting them over him
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 09, 2012, 03:46:46 PM
Do that..., toon link needs psas
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on September 09, 2012, 03:53:40 PM
Well, considering I was both planning on redoing the animations and the PSA stuff I'd love to see it happen :)  And past experience has told me that people don't like replacing Falcon.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 09, 2012, 03:58:46 PM
Oh man.
That sexy model+SDo0m's sexy animations=the greatest PSA ever. It'll be amazing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on September 09, 2012, 07:14:23 PM
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 09, 2012, 03:53:40 PM
Well, considering I was both planning on redoing the animations and the PSA stuff I'd love to see it happen :)  And past experience has told me that people don't like replacing Falcon.

All right, in that case I'll do what I forgot to do and make him naturally toonlink sized, instead of begin sized that way though animations. It wont take long cuse i can save rigs <-< >-> Now give me an interesting idea for the eye yellow o0o
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on September 09, 2012, 07:21:22 PM
Quote from: Pervy on September 09, 2012, 07:14:23 PM
Now give me an interesting idea for the eye yellow o0o

Easy.  He gains his face cover:

[spoiler](http://www.n-europe.com/slir/w295/images/stories/additionalFields/content-4-32773-viewtiful_joe_banner_by_candido1225.png)

http://youtu.be/T52G-vePmR8?t=4s (http://youtu.be/T52G-vePmR8?t=4s)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on September 09, 2012, 11:42:02 PM
Hate to interrupt the conversation but just saying I've narrowed down the parts of the models that must be hexed if you want to anchor them to about a 6 line piece of the code.

Also working with using an overlay from PSA to effect those textures that take samples from the stage: Right now both Zeus's Tornado and Rock Slab self sample.  The tornado integrates the color from the sky while the slab takes a palette from the stage itself (although it seems to mess up and sample gold from Stage Builder Stages).

Tornado taking shadows form the clouds in skyworld:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Rock Slab taking earth from Bridge of Eldin:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on September 10, 2012, 12:35:33 AM
The Aerial Side Special and Up Throw are done. ;D

(http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/T_C_Rhade/Playable%20Tabuu/al_120909_2006binout.jpg)
U Will look at this~! :O

SpecialAirS:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on September 10, 2012, 12:40:44 AM
NICE! I can't wait till tabuu is finished :happy:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on September 10, 2012, 12:41:48 AM
Won't be long now, Pervy. By the end of this year, for sure. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Naruto200Man on September 10, 2012, 01:42:42 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on September 10, 2012, 12:41:48 AM
Won't be long now, Pervy. By the end of this year, for sure. ;D
I see you liked my idea for his U-throw :3
well kinda xD

I will post something here soon as well >_> but me and Aniverge have plenty of work to do after Sasuke is finished. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on September 10, 2012, 04:44:25 AM
One last thing
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 10, 2012, 04:45:00 AM
Yea. I couldn't find the wicker. .-.
It shouldn't be hard to model though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on September 10, 2012, 06:03:42 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on September 10, 2012, 11:50:53 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

almost V0.5!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 10, 2012, 03:31:07 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 10, 2012, 06:03:42 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
This is a PSA I would get :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Solar99 on September 10, 2012, 10:21:59 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 10, 2012, 06:03:42 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Yessss  :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on September 11, 2012, 03:14:19 AM
I'm taking my sweet old time improving the whip on attack animations. Slow, but you'll see the difference soon.

Anyway, who's this guy going over?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 11, 2012, 03:18:31 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on September 11, 2012, 03:14:19 AM
I'm taking my sweet old time improving the whip on attack animations. Slow, but you'll see the difference soon.

Anyway, who's this guy going over?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well, it looks like a custom boneset, but I hope Snake.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Hero © on September 11, 2012, 03:30:09 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 10, 2012, 06:03:42 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:af:
Better be Over Snake!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on September 13, 2012, 04:52:32 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 10, 2012, 06:03:42 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Quote from: Pervy on September 10, 2012, 04:44:25 AM
One last thing
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


HYPE!!! ^

Also finally i make the perfect Chidori GFX!
here the whole evolution of the gfx :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, Dragon Flame Jutsu!
Finally works but model is stuck on Sasuke TopN no matter what :oshi:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on September 13, 2012, 05:28:21 AM
that chidori GFX i think i will use on my sasuke
also with my new idea for sasuke we can have kid sasuke vs. sasuke from Shippuden (no .rel port needed)
cuz my sasuke will not be over marth anyway
i think i will put him over pikachu

for the Dragon Flame Jutsu model did you imported the model as a item/stage and not as a char.
and used a not brawl char. boneset but anything else?
cuz thats possible why its stuck to TopN bone  
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on September 13, 2012, 05:32:32 AM
Anivernage its the coding of the GFX of Marth's file, simply import a very small model into that model file and add a new external GFX to his file, that should fix your problem.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on September 13, 2012, 05:43:11 AM
Quote from: Mariodk on September 13, 2012, 05:28:21 AM
that chidori GFX i think i will use on my sasuke
also with my new idea for sasuke we can have kid sasuke vs. sasuke from Shippuden (no .rel port needed)
cuz my sasuke will not be over marth anyway
i think i will put him over pikachu

for the Dragon Flame Jutsu model did you imported the model as a item/stage and not as a char.
and used a not brawl char. boneset but anything else?
cuz thats possible why its stuck to TopN bone  
Awesome!! ill like to have kid vs shippuden sasuke, sure you can have this gfx ;D

Quote from: Omniscient X on September 13, 2012, 05:32:32 AM
Anivernage its the coding of the GFX of Marth's file, simply import a very small model into that model file and add a new external GFX to his file, that should fix your problem.
-Omni
Cool ill try that ;D

Another glitch chidori has is marth NB (his NB or new one) for some reason hates the IF Hitbox Connects neither 0B nor 3D it freezes when collide with bomb-omb o.0 and sometimes with people freeze mostly doesnt hit >.>

Is there any way to make a IF hitbox connects without 0B/3D or using variables??

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on September 13, 2012, 05:46:22 AM
i think there is a way with the variables but i am not sure
since i remember captain falcon on his Side-B (start action/subactions)use that but i forgot
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 13, 2012, 08:07:21 AM
dat dragon flame jutsu

:srs:

Makes me wanna work on Sasuke some more...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on September 13, 2012, 08:17:23 AM
Quote from: Anivernage on September 13, 2012, 04:52:32 AM


Also, Dragon Flame Jutsu!
Finally works but model is stuck on Sasuke TopN no matter what :oshi:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

that doesnt look that is on the topn if it was the topn ti would be on the ground , try changing the extgfx there are like 3 of them use a diferent one i tryed this once and worked
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 13, 2012, 08:26:46 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


:af2:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on September 13, 2012, 10:58:57 AM
looks epic s
Quote from: Kagemaru on September 13, 2012, 08:26:46 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


:af2:
looks epic sir...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 13, 2012, 11:39:45 AM
Thats the run but I didn't use any transN movement because it would fly off screen.

Also, I just finished:

All the Falls (fall, fallaerial, fallspecial etc.)
All the Jumps (JumpF, B, JumpAerial etc)
Landings (not the attack landings)
AttackDash
EscapeF,B,N (I left the air dodge the same)
and the Glide (I made him flap his wings instead of just having flat wings... BUT i think I may have made a mistake somewhere)

And I tweaked the original attack 11,12,13 that Carnage had already done.

That concludes my contractual obligations to Ridley... Unless Carnage wants to strike another deal I'm kinda done :af:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on September 13, 2012, 01:47:27 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on September 13, 2012, 11:39:45 AMThats the run but I didn't use any transN movement because it would fly off screen. Also, I just finished: All the Falls (fall, fallaerial, fallspecial etc.) All the Jumps (JumpF, B, JumpAerial etc) Landings (not the attack landings) AttackDash EscapeF,B,N (I left the air dodge the same) and the Glide (I made him flap his wings instead of just having flat wings... BUT i think I may have made a mistake somewhere) And I tweaked the original attack 11,12,13 that Carnage had already done. That concludes my contractual obligations to Ridley... Unless Carnage wants to strike another deal I'm kinda done :af:
you are the fastest animator i know rally you do an amazing work in such short time  xD later tonight i will work on a green guy :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on September 13, 2012, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: Carnage on September 13, 2012, 01:47:27 PM
you are the fastest animator i know rally you do an amazing work in such short time  xD later tonight i will work on a green guy :P

do eet nao! xDD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 13, 2012, 02:36:28 PM
I aim to please. And I'm more then happy to oblige since you're helping me with Hulk xD

What I have in speed and skill with animations, I lack in PSAing... so having someone who's more knowledgeable with PSA help me out from time to time is awesome.

That said, depending on Jokekid and his luck, Hulk's PSA may come with a dandy new model too :happy:

Here's hoping.


Luffy will be worked on this weekend since thats the only time Pervy can work on him and since MarioDK is PSAing Luffy as well, I don't have much more to animate so I have time to procrastinate. xD

Wolverine... Kinda  just being lazy here. I haven't hooked my Wii up since Friday so I can't exactly test it out in game to balance it.

Sora... I'm HOPING to get Sora done and out within the next week to two weeks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on September 13, 2012, 03:00:12 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on September 13, 2012, 02:36:28 PM
I aim to please. And I'm more then happy to oblige since you're helping me with Hulk xD

What I have in speed and skill with animations, I lack in PSAing... so having someone who's more knowledgeable with PSA help me out from time to time is awesome.

That said, depending on Jokekid and his luck, Hulk's PSA may come with a dandy new model too :happy:

Here's hoping.


Luffy will be worked on this weekend since thats the only time Pervy can work on him and since MarioDK is PSAing Luffy as well, I don't have much more to animate so I have time to procrastinate. xD

Wolverine... Kinda  just being lazy here. I haven't hooked my Wii up since Friday so I can't exactly test it out in game to balance it.

Sora... I'm HOPING to get Sora done and out within the next week to two weeks.
then you send the luffy stuff can you please send the updated moveset list
so i can PSA the move as much as possible on the moveset list
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 13, 2012, 04:29:13 PM
Yeah sure.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on September 23, 2012, 11:17:37 AM
fornofollowersofmythread
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on September 23, 2012, 02:18:27 PM
Your animations have improved a lot since the initial releases SouthCraft.  Good job.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 23, 2012, 02:35:59 PM
He's right... you're animations have gotten better. But...

1: You should improve that dash. It looks more like a run, that just stops suddenly. Needs more 'start up' I guess...

2: Is that Mario's Up tilt? If you made that on your own, good job.

3: They still are a bit stiff but VERY good. I may actually get that. And I'm very picky about the PSA's that I get since I tend to go for the ones I'm going to keep indefinitely.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on September 23, 2012, 06:10:54 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on September 23, 2012, 02:35:59 PM
He's right... you're animations have gotten better. But...

1: You should improve that dash. It looks more like a run, that just stops suddenly. Needs more 'start up' I guess...

2: Is that Mario's Up tilt? If you made that on your own, good job.

3: They still are a bit stiff but VERY good. I may actually get that. And I'm very picky about the PSA's that I get since I tend to go for the ones I'm going to keep indefinitely.
thanks, but Blase did many animations aswell
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on September 23, 2012, 06:25:18 PM
Congratulations all around then. Knuckles looks fun.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on September 24, 2012, 07:39:02 AM
Just fooling around with PSA and stuff. I haven't been doing anything lately because I've been helping others with PSA work.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And if you're wondering about Soldier, I passed his rig onto Pervy to finish up and add on his nice mouth rigging. I'm still developing his moveset though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 24, 2012, 03:02:15 PM
^Blonic! :af:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Vaild Address on September 24, 2012, 03:12:29 PM
Blonic PSA anyone?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KTH on September 24, 2012, 06:29:10 PM
What the.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 24, 2012, 06:47:09 PM
Quote from: KTH on September 24, 2012, 06:29:10 PM
What the.
BLONIC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fGFjoeyc6I#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Vaild Address on September 24, 2012, 07:03:25 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on September 24, 2012, 06:47:09 PM
BLONIC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fGFjoeyc6I#ws)
sonic fan characters on the vault in a nutshell.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on September 24, 2012, 07:19:50 PM
The only thing that bothers me about some of the animations is the lack of dynamics. The F-Smash in particular is a good example. I realize it's based off his Sonic Battle animation, but it doesn't mean it can't be improved. The Down Smash could use more dynamics with torso movement too...

Another nice touch would be to make his Run animation like the one from the classic games or Sonic Battle. With his arms to his sides instead of behind him. Unless of course you're decidedly using his Adventure series run animation, in which case, I understand.

To me, the Wait1 animation seems a bit weird with the way it moves. I think that could be improved somehow.

The throw on the neutral special is nice, but despite Knuckle's strength. I think it would be nice if he was shown putting more effort into picking up the boulder. The digging animation could be faster and more dynamic, and could have rocks flying out from where he's digging. I personally think the aerial version of the move could use wind effects instead of fire too.

The taunt where he smacks his fists together could have more a "snapping" action to it. Make it more sharp.

All the Sonic characters seem to have the same or similar Neutral Air when PSA'd, it would be nice if this trend was broken, I think. Maybe an aerial adaption of his Megaton Hook from Sonic Battle where his spins around with his fist? The Forward Air I think could be more dynamic as well.

However. It looks like it's coming along pretty well. I'd like to see where this goes.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on September 24, 2012, 08:36:58 PM
Quote from: Velen on September 24, 2012, 07:19:50 PM
The only thing that bothers me about some of the animations is the lack of dynamics. The F-Smash in particular is a good example. I realize it's based off his Sonic Battle animation, but it doesn't mean it can't be improved. The Down Smash could use more dynamics with torso movement too...

Another nice touch would be to make his Run animation like the one from the classic games or Sonic Battle. With his arms to his sides instead of behind him. Unless of course you're decidedly using his Adventure series run animation, in which case, I understand.

To me, the Wait1 animation seems a bit weird with the way it moves. I think that could be improved somehow.

The throw on the neutral special is nice, but despite Knuckle's strength. I think it would be nice if he was shown putting more effort into picking up the boulder. The digging animation could be faster and more dynamic, and could have rocks flying out from where he's digging. I personally think the aerial version of the move could use wind effects instead of fire too.

The taunt where he smacks his fists together could have more a "snapping" action to it. Make it more sharp.

All the Sonic characters seem to have the same or similar Neutral Air when PSA'd, it would be nice if this trend was broken, I think. Maybe an aerial adaption of his Megaton Hook from Sonic Battle where his spins around with his fist? The Forward Air I think could be more dynamic as well.

However. It looks like it's coming along pretty well. I'd like to see where this goes.
ok, thanks hypeing for you texture of knuckles :p
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ganon-Punch on September 26, 2012, 07:59:54 PM
I'm making a PSA, its in very early beta right now though, so I'm not gonna put anything of it. The Beta Version will be up this weekend though
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 01, 2012, 06:28:23 AM
Developed a way to make a character shape shift  :happy: should I make a tutorial?

How to:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry its just a quick explanation but essentially you're using 2 different models with the same bones and animation and playing one over the other when the other is invisible.  Since their bones are parallel you can attach hitboxes to the main character and it should line up with the other models.

Note: This is how I'm making War briefly transform into his Chaos Form in his upcoming PSA, it's a technique I'm experimenting with and will update later as I perfect it.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 07:05:54 AM
>_>;

thats a neat trick... I could use that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on October 01, 2012, 07:42:26 AM
@Omniscient X, Dude I think you've pretty much helped me with my Ichigo Kurosaki PSA. I want him to be able to transform from Shikai to Bankai as a Final Smash. Thanks alot.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 01, 2012, 09:56:33 AM
No problem guys, I'll definitely make a tutorial of that maybe tmrw need sleep  :notimp:
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 01, 2012, 10:24:26 AM
guess thats an alternative to model changers, still model changers are way easier imo :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 10:24:49 AM
New Project: Zoroark over Wolf

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 01, 2012, 10:27:23 AM
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 10:24:49 AM
New Project: Zoroark over Wolf

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
You ninja. I was also planning a Zoroark PSA. But a revamp of my previous one. :>.>:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 11:28:28 AM
I haven't gotten all that far if you wanna collab on it. So far most of his movement animations are still Wolf's (with the edited translations since he has a custom bone tree) and because they look good on him... The added hair bones allow me to move the hair and make them look good too.

Anyway... If you wanna collab, we can run our moveset ideas together and come up with something we both agree on.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 01, 2012, 01:11:13 PM
you need to touch that run a bit up, looks a bit dirty as it is now...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 01:23:02 PM
How so?

Its also not very easy to animate 4-legged runs...

But srsly... whats wrong with it? So I can try and fix it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 01, 2012, 01:56:47 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 11:28:28 AM
I haven't gotten all that far if you wanna collab on it. So far most of his movement animations are still Wolf's (with the edited translations since he has a custom bone tree) and because they look good on him... The added hair bones allow me to move the hair and make them look good too.

Anyway... If you wanna collab, we can run our moveset ideas together and come up with something we both agree on.
Even though I have a revamp planned, I don't have a moveset fully planned out yet.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 01, 2012, 02:15:51 PM
well, the bouncing doesnt look all that good imo, the nimation itself is cool, and im sure it'l look great in movement, but the bouncing looks weird and choppy
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 02:20:02 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 01, 2012, 01:56:47 PM
Even though I have a revamp planned, I don't have a moveset fully planned out yet.

Well I do for the most part. And I believe your re-vamp was gonna be over Lucario? Mine is over Wolf, but I'm still down to collab if you wanna help with mine. PSA work is terribly boring for me and I'm slow at it.

Post Merge: October 01, 2012, 03:03:01 PM

Zoroark AttackDash:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on October 01, 2012, 07:55:44 PM
You're right, four legged runs are quite hard.  Here's a couple of tricks though:

1) Do not make both of the front limbs/back limbs land onto the ground at the same time.  Let's say you're trying to make him run like a wolf, his two left (or his two right) legs should be on the ground when he lands (the front leg landing first then the back leg landing at the point where he's the most stretched) and the two other legs should be far infront and far behind him. 

2) Different sections of his body need to arc up and down at different times.  For example when his hind legs are both on the ground that is when his pelvis is lowest and when his two front legs are on the ground that's when the chest is lowest.  Important thing to note is that the pelvis will move more than the chest since it's what does the most work.

3) Try not to jerk any movements.  His chest for example jerks down when he lands.  The overall movement should be fluid. 

I might make a visual example to help you out.  It's a decent start though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 08:18:20 PM
I actually have the legs and arms landing at different times... but they are only about 3 frames apart so its not really visible.

A visual aid would help though. Thanks for offering.

Post Merge: October 01, 2012, 08:52:57 PM

Nevermind... I actually found a pretty good guide that has pictures. Unless you started already... in which case it would still be good to post somewhere for other animators.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on October 01, 2012, 11:08:26 PM
With the attack dash. I think it's a little slow. Take off about 5-8 frames.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 11:31:39 PM
Frame Speed Mod ftw.

Also, I now have the Entei and Suicune models on Zoroark and he has been given a model changer for both. Now he will have proper illusion based techniques. I didn't feel like asking the guy for Raikou... sorry if you're a fan. >_>
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on October 02, 2012, 05:43:38 PM
Indeed FSM is awesome.  Startup specifically was the problem there.  Just have an FSM of about 1.5 to 2 for the first 20 odd frames (before he enters the spin) since no dash attack is that slow (except maybe Dedede's).
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 02, 2012, 06:11:05 PM
Yeah, its because of how his run is, he's not really in a good position to just go and spin... I had to do pretty much the same thing with Wolverine's attackdash. He also took a step, crouched down, then jumped into a spine... (think drill claw) Frame Sped it up to make it not so slow.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on October 02, 2012, 06:12:14 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 01, 2012, 11:31:39 PM
Frame Speed Mod ftw.

Also, I now have the Entei and Suicune models on Zoroark and he has been given a model changer for both. Now he will have proper illusion based techniques. I didn't feel like asking the guy for Raikou... sorry if you're a fan. >_>

Aw...Raikou would've been nice...

Aw well. I'm more a fan of Entei anyway.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 02, 2012, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: Velen on October 02, 2012, 06:12:14 PM
Aw...Raikou would've been nice...

Aw well. I'm more a fan of Entei anyway.
someone would need to make a raikou rigg with a custoom boneset and such since raikou isnt on brawl if there is a stage or a pokeball pokemon  on the vault then it might be possible but i dont think there is noone
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 02, 2012, 07:39:59 PM
There is a Raikou on the Vault. It's by Flygon and rigged over Ivysaur.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 02, 2012, 08:30:38 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 02, 2012, 07:39:59 PM
There is a Raikou on the Vault. It's by Flygon and rigged over Ivysaur.
he showed a preview he didnt released it yet and im not sure if it was on a wip folder that his aunt deleted
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 04, 2012, 01:35:55 AM
Thinking about making a tutorial for the transformation concept I posted earlier as I figured out that using articles allows you to reserve model changers for other weapons and such which is fairly good.

This also allows the character to "project" or clone themselves or their alternate form onto the field of play

btw, as this is the PSA Thread, I released Zeus V0.8 today!  Check my threads OP!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on October 04, 2012, 01:44:41 AM
you can never go wrong with a tutorial ^_~
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on October 04, 2012, 01:46:23 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 04, 2012, 01:35:55 AM
Thinking about making a tutorial for the transformation concept I posted earlier as I figured out that using articles allows you to reserve model changers for other weapons and such which is fairly good.

This also allows the character to "project" or clone themselves or their alternate form onto the field of play

btw, as this is the PSA Thread, I released Zeus V0.8 today!  Check my threads OP!
-Omni

Please make the tutoral
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 04, 2012, 03:10:34 AM
While Pervy is finishing up my TF2 Soldier rig, I decided to do a re-rig of a previous model. The re-rig is about 45% complete.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 04, 2012, 10:59:10 PM
Alright tutorial now under construction should I include screenshots?  I feel like most of the stuff is pretty self explanatory but then again there are some real bone heads on this forum that ask questions with, at least seemingly, obvious answers lol
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on October 04, 2012, 11:04:48 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 04, 2012, 10:59:10 PMAlright tutorial now under construction should I include screenshots?  I feel like most of the stuff is pretty self explanatory but then again there are some real bone heads on this forum that ask questions with, at least seemingly, obvious answers lol -Omni
Screenshots help make a tutorial easier to understand.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 04, 2012, 11:14:19 PM
^
That
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 04, 2012, 11:44:58 PM
Quote from: Pervy on October 04, 2012, 06:30:43 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 05, 2012, 02:10:03 AM
I can tell he did a good job with the mouth and eyes...

Enjoy animating those xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Flygon on October 05, 2012, 08:09:16 PM
Quote from: Carnage on October 02, 2012, 08:30:38 PM
he showed a preview he didnt released it yet and im not sure if it was on a wip folder that his aunt deleted
I think raikou is in some random folder inside my sd
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 05, 2012, 08:48:41 PM
Is it just as small as Entei and Suicune?

If it is, and it fits, I'd use it if you didn't mind.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Flygon on October 05, 2012, 08:57:06 PM
He is rigged into ivysaurs bones, so idk what you mean :P
But isn't size bone edited
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 05, 2012, 10:31:33 PM
Quote from: Flygon on October 05, 2012, 08:57:06 PM
He is rigged into ivysaurs bones, so idk what you mean :P
But isn't size bone edited
he meant filesize you know KBts since all 3 dogs plus zoroark must be on the same mdl0
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 06, 2012, 12:06:33 AM
After about 3 days, the re-rig of Raptor is finally done.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Rappy (Youtube character)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Talon (Primal Rage character. Recolored by Velen)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 06, 2012, 12:32:06 AM
even the tongue looks good i hope you have fun animating him also will the psa still be over ike? i would recomend MK since ike has already too many good hacks :P

The 2nd pose reminds me of scooby doo dont know why lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 07, 2012, 12:46:38 PM
Y u no make a raptor meme yet?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on October 09, 2012, 10:07:23 AM
making jigglypuff run~ will not tell why I do this but I just wanted to show you
(http://i49.tinypic.com/15cygd1.png)
(http://i49.tinypic.com/4t4oib.png)

he runs more realistic now instead for tapping on toes "sideways"
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 09, 2012, 10:41:48 AM
I'd hate to animate jigglypuff... I suspect she and Kirby use scale a lot... that [censored]s a nightmare to animate with consistently IMO
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on October 09, 2012, 10:54:11 AM
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 09, 2012, 10:41:48 AM
I'd hate to animate jigglypuff... I suspect she and Kirby use scale a lot... that [censored]s a nightmare to animate with consistently IMO
I am used to animate those two xD
they use scale more than the other characters o.o
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on October 09, 2012, 01:30:25 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 09, 2012, 10:41:48 AM
I'd hate to animate jigglypuff... I suspect she and Kirby use scale a lot... that [censored]s a nightmare to animate with consistently IMO

Not really. Despite the scaling, they're bone structures are extremely simple and as a result it's easy to exaggerate their motions.  A character like Yoshi would be more of a pain, since he has just as much scaling and has a more complex anatomy. 
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 09, 2012, 06:29:44 PM
Yeah I don't like the idea of animating Yoshi either... I flat out don't like Yoshi as a character actually... tis why I was very much content replacing him with Veutiful Joe.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: RisingStar on October 10, 2012, 07:28:25 PM
Working On Some Funny Animations Yeaah  ( But Don't now how to make a gif from it )
:>.>: So Here's A Image ...

(http://i.imgur.com/5q09Z.png)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 10, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
Making gifs... is really tedious.

basically you have to screen shot each frame in brawlbox... without moving the screen camera. Then paste it into paint or something... then upload all the pictures to a gif making website.... it'll run all the pictures after each other for you which will give the illusion of movement.

At least thats how I make gifs... unless someone knows an easier way to do it
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: RisingStar on October 10, 2012, 10:19:04 PM
Thanks kagemaru i will try it XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 11, 2012, 03:03:36 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 10, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
Making gifs... is really tedious.

basically you have to screen shot each frame in brawlbox... without moving the screen camera. Then paste it into paint or something... then upload all the pictures to a gif making website.... it'll run all the pictures after each other for you which will give the illusion of movement.

At least thats how I make gifs... unless someone knows an easier way to do it

or use a video recorder program xD and convert the video file to a .gif
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 11, 2012, 04:22:44 PM
You know of a free one I can download?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: RisingStar on October 12, 2012, 05:51:03 PM
Yeah i don't have a Vid Recorder :( Where can i get one for free ?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 12, 2012, 05:58:32 PM
Quote from: Milky-B-Jr on October 12, 2012, 05:51:03 PM
Yeah i don't have a Vid Recorder :( Where can i get one for free ?
Bandicam. It has a free version. The catch is that you can only record up to a maximum of 10 minutes whenever you choose to record something. And that the Bandicam logo is displayed at the top of your recorded video.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: RisingStar on October 12, 2012, 08:45:01 PM
Thanks KingJigglypuff I Will Try It
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 12, 2012, 08:56:48 PM
So I'm pretty certain I've perfected my transformation theory and it seems to work pretty flawlessly and thanks to russmarrs I've got a rigged model of Chaos Form:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hoping somebody can help me out with texture mapping tho lol I have no idea how to do that.  Also I'm not sure if you can call articles from the final[character].pac file even when you're not in final smash state?
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on October 12, 2012, 09:00:29 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 12, 2012, 08:56:48 PM
So I'm pretty certain I've perfected my transformation theory and it seems to work pretty flawlessly and thanks to russmarrs I've got a rigged model of Chaos Form:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hoping somebody can help me out with texture mapping tho lol I have no idea how to do that.  Also I'm not sure if you can call articles from the final[character].pac file even when you're not in final smash state?
-Omni
Lol kyuubi Lw4 :P

I think its possible with the enter final smash state, maybe im wrong
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 12, 2012, 09:02:47 PM
Modifying an old CON Naruto animation to fit my needs  ;) and I thought so to but that's only theoretical and in game I feel like it would contradict with other characters who were using their final smash?  Maybe I'm wrong tho...
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on October 12, 2012, 09:07:28 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 12, 2012, 09:02:47 PM
Modifying an old CON Naruto animation to fit my needs  ;) and I thought so to but that's only theoretical and in game I feel like it would contradict with other characters who were using their final smash?  Maybe I'm wrong tho...
-Omni
Awesome, also i think KJP can answer this question >.>
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 13, 2012, 12:12:13 AM
Quote from: Anivernage on October 12, 2012, 09:07:28 PM
Awesome, also i think KJP can answer this question >.>
lol hopefully!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 13, 2012, 12:22:58 AM
If you're talking about using Fit[Char]Final articles, then I don't think you can. If it's not in the Final Smash Action, then it freezes. That's what happened to me anyway.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on October 13, 2012, 03:12:28 PM
~Preview Time~ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnEZbXEqDQM#ws)

some animation I have done~
yes, it is a machinima but a preview so I get that counts as Animation/PSA Workshop :]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on October 15, 2012, 06:38:42 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on October 15, 2012, 06:41:16 PM
Oooh. A Midna PSA. I'm intrigued.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on October 15, 2012, 08:19:04 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on October 15, 2012, 06:38:42 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Agggghhhh that's so awesome, I hope you keep going with this.

Porting her over Bowser would be cool. There are pretty much no full PSAs over him, as far as I know. Plus, dat Final Smash....
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on October 15, 2012, 09:08:23 PM
Man. If only my animations were that smooth when I made them...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on October 15, 2012, 09:12:30 PM
I also love the rig done on Midna :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on October 15, 2012, 09:22:15 PM
Someone mind telling me how you make animations look that smooth?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on October 15, 2012, 09:53:14 PM
Thanks guys  ;D

Quote from: Velen on October 15, 2012, 09:22:15 PM
Someone mind telling me how you make animations look that smooth?

Don't rush when making animations. Make sure you know what the animation should look like before starting. Move the body, rotate the head, arms, legs etc. to make the character more alive! Also small details like feet, eye, mouth movements etc. really gives an extra bonus in the end.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on October 16, 2012, 12:12:46 AM
Quote from: Malfioz on October 15, 2012, 06:38:42 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I love it when noobs er... *ahem* newbies, come in and already have something amazing to show off.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 16, 2012, 02:03:26 AM
Yeah *sage nod*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on October 16, 2012, 08:54:55 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on October 15, 2012, 09:53:14 PM
Thanks guys  ;D

Don't rush when making animations. Make sure you know what the animation should look like before starting. Move the body, rotate the head, arms, legs etc. to make the character more alive! Also small details like feet, eye, mouth movements etc. really gives an extra bonus in the end.

How long have you been animating sir.  I'm curious because this is excellent.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on October 16, 2012, 09:10:41 PM
I just found this thread... I might as well use it...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 17, 2012, 01:41:25 AM
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 16, 2012, 08:54:55 PM
How long have you been animating sir.  I'm curious because this is excellent.

Yeah... they really are. You must have taken a nice amount of time to do those animations. Me personally I don't feel the need to produce quality THAT high (once you're at a certain level of skill for artistic like things, its not a matter of skill but how much time you take making it and putting that skill to use on a certain project) since I'm not getting paid for this, but those animations were masterfully done sir...

Also, no animation is useless... it could totally be a taunt or a wait or something. If you need a model changer, the newest brawlbox can add them into psa
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 17, 2012, 07:37:24 AM
I decided not to make a tutorial on my transformations but I will include a quick little info post for those who are curious as to my method on how I achieve the transformation effect:

Here's a GIF of War's Up Smash Obliterate:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The transformation works on the principle that War disappears in frames 15-43 (the ones where he appears to grow) via VIS0 file making the polygons invisible.  At the beginning of the attack an article is spawned with Chaos Form in it and it's rigged to the same bones as War is (Ike's Boneset), and it performs the exact same animation simultaneously except it is only visible in frames 15-43.  This gives War the effect of shapeshifting and since, even though the polygons are invisible, War's bones are still there (In line with those of Chaos Form) I can attach hitboxes to his bones and they'll correspond to the actions that Chaos Form makes, because they are, in essence, making the same movements.

Hope this clears a bit of confusion up about my earlier theory, will update this post with a GIF of Chaos Form's animation to solidify the concept and a youtube video of the in-game effect to prove it.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on October 17, 2012, 09:34:28 AM
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 16, 2012, 08:54:55 PM
How long have you been animating sir.  I'm curious because this is excellent.
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 17, 2012, 01:41:25 AM
Yeah... they really are. You must have taken a nice amount of time to do those animations. Me personally I don't feel the need to produce quality THAT high (once you're at a certain level of skill for artistic like things, its not a matter of skill but how much time you take making it and putting that skill to use on a certain project) since I'm not getting paid for this, but those animations were masterfully done sir...

Also, no animation is useless... it could totally be a taunt or a wait or something. If you need a model changer, the newest brawlbox can add them into psa
Thank you. :)
I think I've been animating since April. I want the animation to be similar to the original and it isn't actually that hard when seeing the animation frame by frame. It feels like I'm just ripping the animation to brawlbox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I animate when I feel motivated. Sometimes I feel like it becomes more of a job, but then I just go and play some games, take a walk or make animations for other characters (hint), until I'm motivated enough to go back. The good thing is I don't have a deadline, I'm seeing this as something I only do in my spare time and don't have the need to rush.

Just for teh lulz
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Should she be levitating like here or be more like a spider and use her legs?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 17, 2012, 12:05:25 PM
Which is exactly how its supposed to be. A hobby... cause none of use are paying bills with this stuff lol.

I know what you mean about it becoming a job... I feel the same way all the time which is why I do multiple projects at once... so that when I get tired of one, I can do another.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 17, 2012, 12:48:55 PM
why's she blueish, wasnt that form orange?
or does it have to do with color animation weird stuff?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on October 17, 2012, 01:35:28 PM
Quote from: jokekid on October 17, 2012, 12:48:55 PM
why's she blueish, wasnt that form orange?
or does it have to do with color animation weird stuff?
The game shows her skin as bluish green, sometimes yellow/orange colour depending on the camera angle I guess.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Jerza on October 17, 2012, 07:34:00 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Making A Aqua Psa Over Marth I Hope You Guys Wanna See More Because I Gonna Make More
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on October 17, 2012, 07:54:39 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on October 17, 2012, 09:34:28 AM
Just for teh lulz
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Should she be levitating like here or be more like a spider and use her legs?

DAMMIT I LOVE YOU


I don't remember exactly how it moved in TP. I think it walked on its legs...? I only really remember the scene where it breaks the pyramid around Hyrule Castle. /:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on October 17, 2012, 08:37:35 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on October 17, 2012, 09:34:28 AMThank you. :) I think I've been animating since April. I want the animation to be similar to the original and it isn't actually that hard when seeing the animation frame by frame. It feels like I'm just ripping the animation to brawlbox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I animate when I feel motivated. Sometimes I feel like it becomes more of a job, but then I just go and play some games, take a walk or make animations for other characters (hint), until I'm motivated enough to go back. The good thing is I don't have a deadline, I'm seeing this as something I only do in my spare time and don't have the need to rush. Just for teh lulz
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Should she be levitating like here or be more like a spider and use her legs?
I guarantee people are gonna be asking you to animate for their PSAs. :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 18, 2012, 12:26:35 AM
Quick Raptor preview video.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on October 18, 2012, 12:31:27 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 18, 2012, 12:26:35 AM
Quick Raptor preview video.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lookin' good so far. The only piece of advice I can give you is that the animation is a bit too "up-and-down," if you know what I'm saying. I'd recommend starting the animation at some "middle point" and go "up and down" from there, making sure to end at that middle point. Then the animation will loop properly and you'll be golden. =D

I also love the hat on that second one.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on October 18, 2012, 12:40:45 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 18, 2012, 12:26:35 AM
Quick Raptor preview video.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Awesome Kjp as always, love how the feet fingers move too also indeed with Gamma ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 18, 2012, 12:45:58 AM
Thanks. And I did start with a middle pose. I still need to so some work on it though. <.>
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on October 18, 2012, 01:18:53 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 18, 2012, 12:45:58 AM
Thanks. And I did start with a middle pose. I still need to so some work on it though. <.>

-Like slowing down the swaying of the tail.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on October 18, 2012, 10:20:18 PM
Quote from: Aelia on October 17, 2012, 07:34:00 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Making A Aqua Psa Over Marth I Hope You Guys Wanna See More Because I Gonna Make More

I'd actually like to see that...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on October 21, 2012, 12:36:41 AM
3 amgios working on this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on October 22, 2012, 12:46:12 AM
I'm not dead yet.

(http://i.imgur.com/h4C1a.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/F0Jnn.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/SUZXx.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/eH6f5.jpg)

Began this recently.
Still lots to do for Solidus.

So...... what controls where the Nikita Missle comes out?
It's bone index is -1........
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on October 22, 2012, 06:26:26 AM
Solidus!!! Pretty frigging sick. Reminds me that i need to finish MGS2 again.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 22, 2012, 05:05:40 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 22, 2012, 05:03:37 PM
Clone over pikmin preview(down-smash):
(http://i.imgur.com/KITxN.gif)
as you can see at the end naruto can jump while the clones still do the animetion without the clones move with naruto
unlike if it was clones over ike´s sword article so the clones is sitting on naruto and clones animetion ends then naruto´s animetions end

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 22, 2012, 05:37:33 PM
I can't stop... jizzing... aaaaaaaaaah
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 22, 2012, 06:34:52 PM
@marioDK:
now it just needs a smoke explosion on each clone when they appea and dissapear, and it'll be perfect
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 22, 2012, 06:38:01 PM
Quote from: jokekid on October 22, 2012, 06:34:52 PM
@marioDK:
now it just needs a smoke explosion on each clone when they appea and dissapear, and it'll be perfect
dont worry i have not forgot that but can´t do it right now since i will PSAing the clones as the last thing
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on October 22, 2012, 07:08:59 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 22, 2012, 05:05:40 PM

solidus and naruto look beastly
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 22, 2012, 08:31:03 PM
just wondering your making solidus psa over snake? any chance for a snake one slot rigg? since i like snake to much to replace him and solidus would be a nice costume imo :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on October 22, 2012, 09:40:47 PM
-_-
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26117 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26117)

The PSA version is slightly different since it has his arms at normal length (Solidus' arm length > Snake's arm length) and a better rig and has it's polygon issues fixed, eliminating the need to optimize.

I will apply these to the one slot version soon.

Edit: Ever had one of those situations where you ask for help on the boards only to find a solution yourself the next day? I'm having another one of those times cause I solved my Missle Issue. Just a matter of changing the boneset of the tentacles to have a weightless bone reserved for the index that Nikita Missles use to spawn.

Simon needs one more taunt.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 23, 2012, 07:27:53 AM
solidus needs a better texture IMO, but that's not anything to talk about in a PSA thread xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on October 23, 2012, 11:31:41 PM
Lucky for you, I have Solidus' textures from the HD version of MGS2. However, there may not be enough room for them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on October 25, 2012, 11:56:46 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 23, 2012, 11:31:41 PM
Lucky for you, I have Solidus' textures from the HD version of MGS2. However, there may not be enough room for them.

You can fix that a little. By indexing the colors to 256, or 75% of that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on October 27, 2012, 07:11:36 PM
 I remember seeing a sexy Belmont mod.

i was curious how it was doing. i'm a major Castlevania fan and such.

also, if i were to do a PSA on a
Martial Arts/Mech suit Using/Gun Using/Female character (not samus)

how would i go about doing it?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 28, 2012, 09:30:32 PM
My precious...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 29, 2012, 10:21:57 AM
body movement looks pretty neat, only nitpick would be his neck/head, you should make it a bit more natural by making the head spin slower than his neck
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 29, 2012, 10:08:17 PM
I'd lower the movement of the tail... like... hm... how to explain it. It moves too much basically...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on October 30, 2012, 12:40:20 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Objection!
Not rigged through, it keeps it's own BoneTree from the game.

does anyone know how to export the animations from TF2 to 3ds max and later to Brawlbox? I would love to use that!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 30, 2012, 01:23:35 PM
from tf2 to 3ds max idk, but brawlbox comes with stuff to export animations from 3ds max to brawlbox
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 30, 2012, 01:27:20 PM
Quote from: pikazz on October 30, 2012, 12:40:20 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Objection!
Not rigged through, it keeps it's own BoneTree from the game.

does anyone know how to export the animations from TF2 to 3ds max and later to Brawlbox? I would love to use that!
only just found out how that animetion expoter that comes with brawlbox works now
but its kinda useless for me since i prefer to animte in Brawlbox its more simple to animte there
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on October 30, 2012, 05:09:38 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 30, 2012, 01:27:20 PM
only just found out how that animetion expoter that comes with brawlbox works now
but its kinda useless for me since i prefer to animte in Brawlbox its more simple to animte there
I know, it's easier to do the animations in brawlbox.
but I would like the TF2 original animations to brawlbox without trying to make a cheap copy of them xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 30, 2012, 11:07:01 PM
Using a new idea I had for War's graphic effects, making him damage the field (at least visually) for a certain time!  Using his Down Smash: Tremor Smash War punches the ground with immense force creating a rupture/crater in the ground:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The smashed section of the ground remains on the field after the attack and is independent of the character, and the PSA keeps track of how many times the move is used and every 3 uses is erases all craters from the field to prevent from overloading the game with graphics!  Might just be a little bonus I'll throw in the Version 1 release as an option or I might scrap it depending on how people like it!

Also working on rearranging EFLS files to allow some characters to access some different GFX, but its a WIP and I'll post here if I make any discoveries!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 30, 2012, 11:41:03 PM
epic :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 31, 2012, 03:59:54 AM
Quote from: joke. on October 30, 2012, 11:41:03 PM
epic :srs:
Thanks bro I thought it resembled the Darksiders equivalent pretty accurately, right?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: metatrongrhm on November 02, 2012, 08:34:57 PM
Wow...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on November 03, 2012, 11:38:58 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Final Edits: 9,579 Faces. 8,317 Vertices.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on November 03, 2012, 11:46:04 AM
model looks much better dkn why the original had so much belly, also will you make arceus thing change color by model changers depending on the type of attack? it would be a nice addition imo.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on November 03, 2012, 11:50:16 AM
Quote from: Carnage on November 03, 2012, 11:46:04 AM
model looks much better dkn why the original had so much belly, also will you make arceus thing change color by model changers depending on the type of attack? it would be a nice addition imo.
I'm not sure. I don't think there are enough Model Changer events for Arceus to use (since he's going to be put over Ness).
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on November 03, 2012, 12:04:59 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 03, 2012, 11:50:16 AM
I'm not sure. I don't think there are enough Model Changer events for Arceus to use (since he's going to be put over Ness).
we can add model changers in bb now as much as we want xD i did that for kagemaru zoroark on wolf and added two :P if you need help adding them i could do it but i must use the bbx psa so you wont be able to use psa after i add them
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on November 05, 2012, 07:59:08 AM
New project
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on November 05, 2012, 11:49:05 AM
omg dat rig OO.oo
is it the original rig, or u made it?
cuz i dont recall the import ofver falco having those hanging thingies animated, could be wrong though
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on November 05, 2012, 03:54:18 PM
Quote from: joke. on November 05, 2012, 11:49:05 AM
omg dat rig OO.oo
is it the original rig, or u made it?
cuz i dont recall the import ofver falco having those hanging thingies animated, could be wrong though

I rigged it. Also I had to vertex his head, because it was sticking out of the helmet (good job, Nintendo).

Moar work.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KTH on November 05, 2012, 04:02:01 PM
Wow...Just wow...I don't have any word for descrypt what i'm feeling.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on November 05, 2012, 04:03:15 PM
You never fail to impress me. :srs: It looks like the animation was taken straight from the game.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on November 05, 2012, 05:12:35 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on November 05, 2012, 03:54:18 PM
I rigged it. Also I had to vertex his head, because it was sticking out of the helmet (good job, Nintendo).

Moar work.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Your animation skills. Are [censored]ing amazing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on November 05, 2012, 05:20:19 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on November 05, 2012, 03:54:18 PM
I rigged it. Also I had to vertex his head, because it was sticking out of the helmet (good job, Nintendo).

Moar work.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[spoiler](http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/20120607035837_auto.gif)

I don't believe you've been animating since April this year.  Well I could believe that if you were on a course and dedicated a lot of time to it but you said you only do it in your spare time.  Nobody gets this good in such a short space of time unless you're some sort of uber prodigy.  I'm assuming April this year, but you just said April.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on November 05, 2012, 06:06:54 PM
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on November 05, 2012, 05:20:19 PM
[spoiler](http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/20120607035837_auto.gif)

I don't believe you've been animating since April this year.  Well I could believe that if you were on a course and dedicated a lot of time to it but you said you only do it in your spare time.  Nobody gets this good in such a short space of time unless you're some sort of uber prodigy.  I'm assuming April this year, but you just said April.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
possible he has animating before joining this site?
like in 3ds max
maybe he also using the Animetion exporter that is inc. in brawlbox
since you can make animetions more smooth easyer in 3ds max then brawlbox cuz of there is alot of tools for that
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on November 05, 2012, 06:22:51 PM
Thanks guys! :D
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on November 05, 2012, 05:20:19 PM
[spoiler](http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/20120607035837_auto.gif)

I don't believe you've been animating since April this year.  Well I could believe that if you were on a course and dedicated a lot of time to it but you said you only do it in your spare time.  Nobody gets this good in such a short space of time unless you're some sort of uber prodigy.  I'm assuming April this year, but you just said April.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
I've been animating since April this year.
Actually I'm just using bmdview2 (model viewer), where I can record animations and view them frame by frame.
Edit:
Quote from: Mariodk on November 05, 2012, 06:06:54 PM
maybe he also using the Animetion exporter that is inc. in brawlbox
How would that even work when bones are different from the original games and SSBB?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on November 05, 2012, 11:44:33 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on November 05, 2012, 06:22:51 PM
Thanks guys! :DI've been animating since April this year.
Actually I'm just using bmdview2 (model viewer), where I can record animations and view them frame by frame.
Edit:How would that even work when bones are different from the original games and SSBB?
animate brawl characters in 3ds max, with their brawl skeleton :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on November 06, 2012, 05:49:10 PM
Quote from: joke. on November 05, 2012, 11:44:33 PM
animate brawl characters in 3ds max, with their brawl skeleton :srs:
My bad. I thought of importing the animations from the original game.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on November 06, 2012, 05:52:30 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on November 06, 2012, 05:49:10 PMMy bad. I thought of importing the animations from the original game.
That hasn't been done before... :>.>: Good luck with that!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on November 06, 2012, 07:57:24 PM
and you can always port the animations by changing their bone names
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: slayermarth101 on November 06, 2012, 11:58:53 PM
*comments for updates*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 01:47:30 AM
Figured I'd post this in the WIP thread as I've recently discovered the major advantage of my previous transformation technique.  My technique allows for partial transformations (ie: Sasuke remaining in regular form but having his Cursed Seal wings sprout from his back; Naruto spawning only a kyubbi claw or something; War using Chaos Form's wings or tail, etc.) where as model changers prohibit that since the models are both attached to the same boneset so you can't shrink down the body and scale up the wings to make them appear as wings on their own, the only solution would be to heavily seperate all attributes of a model via "objects" that you could control via VIS0 which probably wouldn't even work.  Just posting an interesting find  :happy:
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on November 07, 2012, 01:58:54 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 01:47:30 AM
Figured I'd post this in the WIP thread as I've recently discovered the major advantage of my previous transformation technique.  My technique allows for partial transformations (ie: Sasuke remaining in regular form but having his Cursed Seal wings sprout from his back; Naruto spawning only a kyubbi claw or something; War using Chaos Form's wings or tail, etc.) where as model changers prohibit that since the models are both attached to the same boneset so you can't shrink down the body and scale up the wings to make them appear as wings on their own, the only solution would be to heavily seperate all attributes of a model via "objects" that you could control via VIS0 which probably wouldn't even work.  Just posting an interesting find  :happy:
-Omni
that is possible by model changers if the char is divided on certain polygons lets say  naruto arm has one polygon and the kyubii arm also uses a polygon and rigged on the same bone you would put naruto arm on boneswitch0 and kyubii on 1 so when kuybi appears you make the naruto one disapear
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 05:08:10 AM
Quote from: Carnage on November 07, 2012, 01:58:54 AM
that is possible by model changers if the char is divided on certain polygons lets say  naruto arm has one polygon and the kyubii arm also uses a polygon and rigged on the same bone you would put naruto arm on boneswitch0 and kyubii on 1 so when kuybi appears you make the naruto one disapear
While this is true you'd have to do alot of polygon work, while my way offers a far simpler and easier solution.  Also with that method you can't have the arm or partial transformation move independently of say the arm.  So if I wanted to have Naruto use a chakra arm to attack opponents while his other arm was doing something else such as charging a rasengan I couldn't do it with model changers since its parented to the arm bone.  I suppose you could with a custom boneset but then you gotta make all new animations and that can be messy  :P
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on November 07, 2012, 05:10:18 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 05:08:10 AM
While this is true you'd have to do alot of polygon work, while my way offers a far simpler and easier solution.  Also with that method you can't have the arm or partial transformation move independently of say the arm.  So if I wanted to have Naruto use a chakra arm to attack opponents while his other arm was doing something else such as charging a rasengan I couldn't do it with model changers since its parented to the arm bone.  I suppose you could with a custom boneset but then you gotta make all new animations and that can be messy  :P
-Omni

So can you please explain your way.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 05:30:10 AM
Step 1-Pick a character with an article either in their fitcharacter00.pac or their motionetc so it doesn't shoot the filesize through the roof on your fitcharacter.pac where you'll be PSAing.
Step 2-Find your model for your character and rig it onto the character's bones (ie: War is rigged to Ike's bones so Chaos Form was also rigged to Ike's bones)
Step 3-Make sure your visibility bones are usable on both models, if you don't know how to do this it's under Objects/Polygons depending on what version of BB you're using but search KCMM and there's a guide.
Step 4-Make your animation for your character lets say I make it for Ike and then omit the frames where you think you'll have your transformation occur.  Set the visibility bones to "set" for the frames you want the character there and "cleared" for when you want the main character's model to not be there.
Step 5-Export the animation
Step 6-Open the animation for your "transformed" model and edit the "omitted frames" accordingly (it doesn't matter if it messes up the other frames since the model won't be there).  Then perform the same operation with visibility bones only INVERTED so the frames that were "set" for the original model should be "cleared" for the transformed model and the frames that were "cleared" for the original should be "set" for the transformed model.
Step 7-Both animations should be the same frame length so in PSA you can go to the subaction you want to edit and simply put:
 -Generate Article: #
 -Set Anchored Article Action:
    -Parameter 1: Article #
    -Parameter 2: AnimationData #
    -Parameter 3: True (set this parameter to "boolean")
For information on the above code see here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 8-Test in game and see if it works, if it doesn't you did something wrong  :notimp:

Proof-of-Concept:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Note: I chose not to write this tutorial before because I DO NOT want to answer a [censored]ton of questions on visibility bones and such techniques, if you have a question RESEARCH IT and if you still have one RESEARCH SOME MORE  :srs: then if you still have a question PM SOMEBODY ELSE but then if you're still confused I'll help you  :)
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on November 07, 2012, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 05:30:10 AM
Step 1-Pick a character with an article either in their fitcharacter00.pac or their motionetc so it doesn't shoot the filesize through the roof on your fitcharacter.pac where you'll be PSAing.
Step 2-Find your model for your character and rig it onto the character's bones (ie: War is rigged to Ike's bones so Chaos Form was also rigged to Ike's bones)
Step 3-Make sure your visibility bones are usable on both models, if you don't know how to do this it's under Objects/Polygons depending on what version of BB you're using but search KCMM and there's a guide.
Step 4-Make your animation for your character lets say I make it for Ike and then omit the frames where you think you'll have your transformation occur.  Set the visibility bones to "set" for the frames you want the character there and "cleared" for when you want the main character's model to not be there.
Step 5-Export the animation
Step 6-Open the animation for your "transformed" model and edit the "omitted frames" accordingly (it doesn't matter if it messes up the other frames since the model won't be there).  Then perform the same operation with visibility bones only INVERTED so the frames that were "set" for the original model should be "cleared" for the transformed model and the frames that were "cleared" for the original should be "set" for the transformed model.
Step 7-Both animations should be the same frame length so in PSA you can go to the subaction you want to edit and simply put:
 -Generate Article: #
 -Set Anchored Article Action:
    -Parameter 1: Article #
    -Parameter 2: AnimationData #
    -Parameter 3: True (set this parameter to "boolean")
For information on the above code see here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 8-Test in game and see if it works, if it doesn't you did something wrong  :notimp:

Proof-of-Concept:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Note: I chose not to write this tutorial before because I DO NOT want to answer a [censored]ton of questions on visibility bones and such techniques, if you have a question RESEARCH IT and if you still have one RESEARCH SOME MORE  :srs: then if you still have a question PM SOMEBODY ELSE but then if you're still confused I'll help you  :)
-Omni
im doing something like that with MK cape and putting pokemons in there xD and they will be one slot so each trainer has their own
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2012, 12:20:52 AM
Look at what I found.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 09, 2012, 01:00:48 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2012, 12:20:52 AM
Look at what I found.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh hell yeah
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on November 09, 2012, 09:33:57 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2012, 12:20:52 AM
Look at what I found.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i have that game i was part of the beta xD and i pre oerdered it so i have the raptor skin so you play primal carnage kjp? they have some sick models the pteranodon is my favorite char and looks badass
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2012, 09:46:14 AM
Quote from: Carnage on November 09, 2012, 09:33:57 AM
i have that game i was part of the beta xD and i pre oerdered it so i have the raptor skin so you play primal carnage kjp? they have some sick models the pteranodon is my favorite char and looks badass
I do not have Primal Carnage. I want it though. But I got the model from garrysmod.org.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on November 09, 2012, 09:51:35 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2012, 09:46:14 AM
I do not have Primal Carnage. I want it though. But I got the model from garrysmod.org.
its a fun game but they still need to improve it alot  too many bugs still the 5 dino clases are fun t rex carno pteranodon raptor and dylo xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on November 09, 2012, 04:57:22 PM
I know this question have been asked but I can't find it.

how do you do GIF of Brawlbox preview? cause I have a pretty tasty animation I have done I wanna show up
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on November 09, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
@pikazz, take pictures of every frame of the animation and use photoshop or something to make it into a .gif
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on November 09, 2012, 07:04:32 PM
I feel I've made some note worthy progress on luffy >_>
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on November 09, 2012, 07:15:22 PM
 :srs: Is his arm meant to bend like that? I don't know anything about Luffy
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on November 09, 2012, 07:19:45 PM
I give to you Luffy :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on November 09, 2012, 09:26:47 PM
Quote from: pikazz on November 09, 2012, 04:57:22 PM
I know this question have been asked but I can't find it.

how do you do GIF of Brawlbox preview? cause I have a pretty tasty animation I have done I wanna show up

Use Fraps to record and use Virtualdub to edit/make it into a gif file.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on November 09, 2012, 10:26:10 PM
Quote from: Diggin Pervy on November 09, 2012, 07:19:45 PM
I give to you Luffy :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Im guessing most his attacks wont be that powerful because of his range lol.... But I cant wait for this psa
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KGN Nappdagg on November 10, 2012, 09:58:11 PM
Quote from: pikazz on November 09, 2012, 04:57:22 PM
I know this question have been asked but I can't find it.

how do you do GIF of Brawlbox preview? cause I have a pretty tasty animation I have done I wanna show up
Taking pics of EVERY frame takes too long. Mariodk said to use a program (forget which one), but, It turns videos into gifs depending on what you choose.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Allbait on November 11, 2012, 11:02:50 PM
Luffy's leg looks really legit :O Nice! His arm is kinda odd looking but I guess that's a side effect from the stretchiness lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on November 11, 2012, 11:28:37 PM
Naw the rigs not complete. it looks better right now
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on November 17, 2012, 09:33:35 PM
I have no clue how to show an actual teaser preivew without giving it away, but here is what I think can be a teaser pick:

[spoiler](http://i.imgur.com/tojx3.png)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on November 17, 2012, 09:48:23 PM
OMG!
u doing it!?
EPIC
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on November 17, 2012, 09:58:45 PM
Quote from: joke. on November 17, 2012, 09:48:23 PM
OMG!
u doing it!?
EPIC

I am having some problems though :P But yeah, im 90% done. all thats left is gltich fixing, which i cant figure out
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on November 20, 2012, 06:07:04 AM
Finally got around to making gifs. Will add more later. If you feel that the anims could be better, be constructive and detailed.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on November 21, 2012, 07:13:40 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 20, 2012, 06:07:04 AM
Finally got around to making gifs. Will add more later. If you feel that the anims could be better, be constructive and detailed.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This looks sooo epic xD imma downloading this psa for sure.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on November 21, 2012, 08:21:27 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 20, 2012, 06:07:04 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The only one I have a problem with is this one. The way he pivots on his toe, both down and up is just unnatural. Using some toe bending magic would work well for fixing that.

Now because I don't know the character so im going to assume his toe cant bend for a certain reason. So have him keep that foot flat on the ground as he leans inwards, and when you hit the limit for how far the human ankle allows forward, have his other foot hit the ground and allow him to sue the other leg for balance as he continues into the attack. For getting back it its basically the same way in reverse, but you'd need to fool around a little.

You'd have to play around with the animation a little, but I'd say it'd come out much better in the end
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on November 21, 2012, 09:41:29 PM
The source material of that motion doesn't have the toes move to a noticeable degree(hard to tell cause I can't see it in game or get the animations or bones of the models), but I can move them.

I'll give this ani another look tonight.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on November 27, 2012, 03:42:31 PM
No Posts yet?
Time to change this.

http://youtu.be/hetsLqeyWpE (http://youtu.be/hetsLqeyWpE)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on November 27, 2012, 04:33:43 PM
belmont has alot of range imo lol but yeah did you take some inspiration from that dream world tv mix or whatever game that was like ssb but only released in japan?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on November 27, 2012, 04:44:01 PM
Simon's jabs and Usmash are all from Dream Mix TV World Fighters.

But yes he's supposed to have lots of range. The idea behind the design is to have him have to use his range and spacing cause he has very limited options when the foe is in very close proximity. Many of his better ranged attacks have quite a bit of startup and/or lag so he needs to keep the foe out of his face.

Solidus is still very WIP and all hitboxes are subject to tweaks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 29, 2012, 01:04:14 AM
I feel like on Solidus's F-Smash, I'm assuming that's the attack that you also posted the animation for, once he hits the ground he should pull back kind of more along the ground almost dragging his swords as he goes.  I hope this feedback helps make the animation look a little more realistic and fluid.  All in all though great work.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on November 30, 2012, 03:19:01 AM
I made a preview for Tails over Ivysaur (Sonic Heroes PSA) its just A attacks atm:

Tails Over Ivysaur Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lytBQUOewY#)

(im sick so thats why i sound so odd)

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on December 01, 2012, 05:19:46 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 27, 2012, 03:42:31 PM
No Posts yet?
Time to change this.

http://youtu.be/hetsLqeyWpE (http://youtu.be/hetsLqeyWpE)



May i make a Suggestion to Simon Belmont?

His range is ridicioous, though this fits to the character, may i suggest that some of his moves at certain ranges don't do knockback and do less damage. the close you are the more damage and knock back is enabled.

and the standard smasshes/tilts should do little damage with little knockback growth, so you may rely on certain specials and other moves to do the finishing blow, but have to rely on certain times and sweet spots to be truly effective pretty much like Zelda.

i suggest this if you were any good in the actual Castlevania Games you can appreciate the value of skill needed to actually play Simon Belmont.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on December 01, 2012, 10:41:41 AM
Quote from: Ultraxwing on December 01, 2012, 05:19:46 AM


May i make a Suggestion to Simon Belmont?

His range is ridicioous, though this fits to the character, may i suggest that some of his moves at certain ranges don't do knockback and do less damage. the close you are the more damage and knock back is enabled.

For a character like Simon Belmont, this is a poor design suggestion.  This kind of design only works for characters that are supposed to be in your face and swift.  Roy for example, really should be a quicker, more in your face version of Marth in Melee (of course, he kind of just ended up as a worse Marth mainly due to poor hitstun but I digress).  Simon's sweet spots should be more towards the tip of the whip.  He's a rather sluggish looking character with a bunch of projectiles.  He should revolve around zoning and spacing his attacks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on December 01, 2012, 04:04:51 PM
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 01, 2012, 10:41:41 AM
For a character like Simon Belmont, this is a poor design suggestion.  This kind of design only works for characters that are supposed to be in your face and swift.  Roy for example, really should be a quicker, more in your face version of Marth in Melee (of course, he kind of just ended up as a worse Marth mainly due to poor hitstun but I digress).  Simon's sweet spots should be more towards the tip of the whip.  He's a rather sluggish looking character with a bunch of projectiles.  He should revolve around zoning and spacing his attacks.

I agree, In my opinion i see Belmont working the way that i suggested seeing how i played most of the Castlevania games; that's how i see it being played

but you are more experienced in making PSA'S than a person who has only assisted in making one full hack in his Brawl Hacking liftime. so by this judgement it makes more sense to brawlify, than just going by what a fan does. looking at Vanilla Samus the Play style barely resembles anything from Metroids yet stays true to the actual moves that the person actually did; but balanced in a way that it fits in game so she isn't in a lightsuit shooting thousands upon thousands of missiles as if she were in Macross.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 08:05:07 PM
Dr. Mario over Peach Prievew (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZ7_VzxOtM#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 02, 2012, 08:27:29 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 08:05:07 PM
Dr. Mario over Peach Prievew (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZ7_VzxOtM#ws)
you probably cant  make the pill a true projectile all other moves are easily ported
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 08:29:19 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 02, 2012, 08:27:29 PM
you probably cant  make the pill a true projectile all other moves are easily ported

would you be able to help?

and I am thinking of giving up on trying to make pill a real artcile, but instead make it a fake one :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 02, 2012, 09:01:32 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 08:29:19 PM
would you be able to help?

and I am thinking of giving up on trying to make pill a real artcile, but instead make it a fake one :/
cant turn the pill real  the only way would be you guys trying to rel port mario n-b maybe you guys can make a mario rel that only ports n-b? since the side b and down b arent required
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 09:03:31 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 02, 2012, 09:01:32 PM
cant turn the pill real  the only way would be you guys trying to rel port mario n-b maybe you guys can make a mario rel that only ports n-b? since the side b and down b arent required

well we tried the .rel of mario and it didnt work. we need psa help

but also, if you look in the video, the eyes are closed. that is ebcause we havent done eye stuff yet
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 02, 2012, 09:06:54 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 09:03:31 PM
well we tried the .rel of mario and it didnt work. we need psa help

but also, if you look in the video, the eyes are closed. that is ebcause we havent done eye stuff yet
but you guys tryead as a whole right? maybe you should just focus on n-b
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 09:08:11 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 02, 2012, 09:06:54 PM
but you guys tryead as a whole right? maybe you should just focus on n-b

dont know how to do that lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 02, 2012, 09:11:56 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 09:08:11 PM
dont know how to do that lol
see the paths to the n-b and dont give a crap about the  downb,side b stuff
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on December 02, 2012, 10:04:42 PM
Working on Wargreymon's Neutral Special and Side Special today, hopefully will get them finished I have all standards except the D-tilt done and all aerials except D-Air done.  Here's some progress on Terra Force:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fireball's texture looks funky in Bb but it looks fine in Brawl, I'll update this post with some GIFs of the Side Special later.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 02, 2012, 10:10:31 PM
Looks epic
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on December 03, 2012, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on December 02, 2012, 10:04:42 PM
Working on Wargreymon's Neutral Special and Side Special today, hopefully will get them finished I have all standards except the D-tilt done and all aerials except D-Air done.  Here's some progress on Terra Force:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fireball's texture looks funky in Bb but it looks fine in Brawl, I'll update this post with some GIFs of the Side Special later.
-Omni
i cant wait for that its going to look awesome
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Alex Climax on December 03, 2012, 08:34:00 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on December 02, 2012, 10:04:42 PM
Working on Wargreymon's Neutral Special and Side Special today, hopefully will get them finished I have all standards except the D-tilt done and all aerials except D-Air done.  Here's some progress on Terra Force:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fireball's texture looks funky in Bb but it looks fine in Brawl, I'll update this post with some GIFs of the Side Special later.
-Omni
Well dam, that's looking terrific so far.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on December 04, 2012, 05:07:58 AM
Another little Wargreymon preview, like I told you the fireball renders alot better in-game  ;)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This is the grounded version of Terra Force and the animations and effects are nice and fluid, I really took my time editting both the animation and the effects.
I'm going to start the aerial version tonight and finish it tomorrow!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on December 05, 2012, 12:58:45 AM
looks epic, what happened with/to war? :oshi:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Solar99 on December 05, 2012, 01:00:04 AM
Quote from: joke. on December 05, 2012, 12:58:45 AMlooks epic, what happened with/to war? :oshi:
He put it on hold to work on WarGreymon.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on December 05, 2012, 04:25:28 AM
Quote from: joke. on December 05, 2012, 12:58:45 AM
looks epic, what happened with/to war? :oshi:
Yes, Anivernage is still working on a revamp of the Chaos Form as the wing was not textured or ripped right so it's on hold until I get that, once it's done I'll resume work.  In the meantime I'm working on Wargreymon, and I just be able to finish some more moves tonight.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 08, 2012, 02:30:12 PM
found some more on special throws!
couldn't record but I hope it works with pics

I found out how to change the Action to make the workable grab, the Action once you grabbing someone and what Action the opponent will do. Best is it follow the ThrowN Bone!
bad part is we can ADD yet, just change.
this is all module hacking with the basic of PSA.

(http://i50.tinypic.com/2repoj4.jpg)
this looks like SideB but the truth is, it's NormalB! it's "Cloned" over to it's B attack and the grab works wonder :happy:
but sadly, the grab on SideB now doesn't work, we will travel through the opponent like it's nothing there!
and yes, it works to put the grab on final smash!

one good part is, it works over the normal actions too! :D
(http://i48.tinypic.com/2nc14c5.jpg)
I gave ganondorf a grab command on his Attack11. this is one frame before he grabs!

(http://i46.tinypic.com/2mz0hec.jpg)
he grabs and ganondorf does his UpB grab on that frame! also, the character FOLLOWS the ThrowN bone 8D
but sadly, the UpB grab doesn't work.

right now I am trying to give someone else that doesn't have a special throw so it can have a special throw with REL, but I haven't done it yet
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on December 09, 2012, 12:28:08 AM
Why nobody replied? *slaps everyone*

Looks really cool so far :af2:
Hope you can get the issues fixed. :D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 11, 2012, 03:59:51 AM
(http://i47.tinypic.com/2620htf.jpg)

so close now!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on December 11, 2012, 04:05:08 AM
Quote from: pikazz on December 11, 2012, 03:59:51 AM
(http://i47.tinypic.com/2620htf.jpg)

so close now!
Ill be totally honest with you...that pic looks like ike is...>_>
Well!..pikazz glad to see is almost done! ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 11, 2012, 12:13:38 PM
i want to see ganon side B grab too xD since he can move the oponents around  and fall with them xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 11, 2012, 01:13:08 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 11, 2012, 12:13:38 PM
i want to see ganon side B grab too xD since he can move the oponents around  and fall with them xD
sadly only ike with Captain falcon grab is possible right now

Quote from: Anivernage on December 11, 2012, 04:05:08 AM
Ill be totally honest with you...that pic looks like ike is...>_>
Well!..pikazz glad to see is almost done! ;D
thank you xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 11, 2012, 01:20:31 PM
Quote from: pikazz on December 11, 2012, 01:13:08 PM
sadly only ike with Captain falcon grab is possible right now
thank you xD
shouldnt the grabs be the same references and fighter.pac wise  i mean the codes  you need to do to make it work?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 11, 2012, 06:42:46 PM
I finally did it! A perfect working special grab for Ike after Heavy Module Editing!  :happy:
but sadly, right now the only thing is that I have only found Ike to work :/
also, it disables articles! if you are trying to generate a article with the heavy edited REL file it will freeze! but it doesn't matter for ike however x3

Here it goes!

I did the UpB as a special Grab! He throws his sword like his normal B up but he doesn't fly down on after he grabs the sword like his attack does.
under that attack he can grab an opponent! when he does, it acts like Captain Falcons upB but with a twist!

(http://i45.tinypic.com/inb9rq.jpg)
Spin Spin

(http://i47.tinypic.com/29x7vwm.jpg)
Spin Spin

yes! with a twist, he spins around with the opponent!
when he have spun around, he slices them and toss him with a powerful force!
(http://i48.tinypic.com/34ni24z.jpg)
Both Ike and opponent get thrown heavy!

the move itself need tweaking but the Special Throw base works 100%!

finally, I found out how to make a Special Grab and Throw 100% ;w;
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 11, 2012, 06:56:06 PM
disabling articles  thats not good  but atleast its something.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 11, 2012, 06:59:24 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 11, 2012, 06:56:06 PM
disabling articles  thats not good  but atleast its something.
sadly, that's bad :c but since the module piece needs to be on a certain place in the rel file and we can't add to the module since it isn't rebuildable :/
so somethings needs to be replaced sadly :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 12, 2012, 04:02:57 AM
Well, my update isn't as impressive as Pikazz's, but here's some more Tabuu eye candy. This time, the man is going to be finished for sure. I finally realized that the old PSA is the only PSA that won't corrupt his file (no BB 0.67b or that new, unofficial PSA update, although I AM using the TXT files)

I'm almost done the Up Smash. Need to change knockback and trajectory some in-game, but the basic move is done. Now the only attack left (besides finishing up the Neutral Special Ground) is his DownD Attack, and after doing a little bit of Model Changer stuff and item animations, the final version will be ready for release. ;D

Up Smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I also finished the Forward Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And finally, I fixed yet another glitch on the NSG. Now both of my hitboxes finally hit. Only one pesky glitch left to fix somehow.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on December 12, 2012, 04:52:22 AM
Epic. Nice job  man ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on December 12, 2012, 07:55:41 AM
TaskmasterRekka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0QuQJlnPg#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 12, 2012, 04:38:36 PM
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 12, 2012, 07:55:41 AM
TaskmasterRekka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0QuQJlnPg#ws)

Dude, why are you so much better than me I can't stand it? XD

JK, really epic animations!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KGN Nappdagg on December 12, 2012, 08:53:03 PM
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 12, 2012, 07:55:41 AM
TaskmasterRekka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0QuQJlnPg#ws)
Judging by this, I'm assuming that Taskmaster will have an OHC system.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on December 12, 2012, 09:07:40 PM
Quote from: GanonG0d81 on December 12, 2012, 08:53:03 PM
Judging by this, I'm assuming that Taskmaster will have an OHC system.

No.  That would be gimmicky and unfitting for this character.  You can check the written moveset on page 506 of my thread.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KGN Nappdagg on December 12, 2012, 09:16:10 PM
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 12, 2012, 09:07:40 PM
No.  That would be gimmicky and unfitting for this character.  You can check the written moveset on page 506 of my thread.
Aright
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 17, 2012, 10:09:40 PM
(http://i50.tinypic.com/2lc1943.jpg)
success on ness!

(http://i48.tinypic.com/34gskg8.jpg)
funny glitch

PK Flash, PSI Magnet and Final Smash's Articles works!
still, haven't test PK Thunder and PK Fire!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 17, 2012, 10:44:01 PM
Alright. More progress. =D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on December 18, 2012, 07:17:24 AM
Sorry guys I've been MIA for awhile but I finally got my Brawlbox working again so it's back to work on Wargreymon.  Here's a Brawlbox preview of the Down Special: Grey Shield:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
it's only a snapshot of the animation because I hate making GIFs.  Anway I'm using SDoom's suggestion to use bone collisions to provide "frontal invincibility" so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out I'll update this post with some screenshots and info on that tomorrow.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 18, 2012, 09:15:53 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 17, 2012, 10:44:01 PM
Alright. More progress. =D
more progress!
I tested ness with EVERY articles he has AND his special grab!
everything works perfect :D

it SEEMS we can add special grab with working articles!
I will try with Mario, Luigi, Rob and one more that has many articles to prove it!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Alex Climax on December 19, 2012, 12:51:41 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on December 18, 2012, 07:17:24 AM
Sorry guys I've been MIA for awhile but I finally got my Brawlbox working again so it's back to work on Wargreymon.  Here's a Brawlbox preview of the Down Special: Grey Shield:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
it's only a snapshot of the animation because I hate making GIFs.  Anway I'm using SDoom's suggestion to use bone collisions to provide "frontal invincibility" so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out I'll update this post with some screenshots and info on that tomorrow.
-Omni

Ah, hah. Glad to see his rig is still holding up nicely.

Liking that stance. =o
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 19, 2012, 01:42:18 PM
Yeay! thanks for PWs help, we discovered how to fully add a special grab to EVERYONE!
I am pretty sure that this is also 100% articles no freeze method!
(http://i48.tinypic.com/534wsp.jpg)

bad animations I know! but it works and it's the case!
and now I will try with Ganondorf SideB and also Bowsers SideB!
and I will still try this on Mario and one more with many articles but without a special grab to check out the articles behavior!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 19, 2012, 02:08:35 PM
Quote from: pikazz on December 19, 2012, 01:42:18 PM
Yeay! thanks for PWs help, we discovered how to fully add a special grab to EVERYONE!
I am pretty sure that this is also 100% articles no freeze method!
(http://i48.tinypic.com/534wsp.jpg)

bad animations I know! but it works and it's the case!
and now I will try with Ganondorf SideB and also Bowsers SideB!
and I will still try this on Mario and one more with many articles but without a special grab to check out the articles behavior!
so will comon people who dont understand models and hex be able to do it or you will be the only one to make it work? since most ppl cant hex at all
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on December 19, 2012, 02:37:28 PM
Quote from: pikazz on December 19, 2012, 01:42:18 PM
Yeay! thanks for PWs help, we discovered how to fully add a special grab to EVERYONE!
I am pretty sure that this is also 100% articles no freeze method!
(http://i48.tinypic.com/534wsp.jpg)

bad animations I know! but it works and it's the case!
and now I will try with Ganondorf SideB and also Bowsers SideB!
and I will still try this on Mario and one more with many articles but without a special grab to check out the articles behavior!
you should make a .gif or video of this since you still not have made a .gif or video of this
ofc i believe you have made it possible but some ppl wanted to see its true
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on December 19, 2012, 07:01:56 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on December 19, 2012, 02:37:28 PM
you should make a .gif or video of this since you still not have made a .gif or video of this
ofc i believe you have made it possible but some ppl wanted to see its true
He isnt lying :P previously made an video but yeah pikazz a new vid would be really helpfull.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 19, 2012, 07:25:00 PM
since you asked for a video, I did a video! I am uploading it right now!
Quote from: Carnage on December 19, 2012, 02:08:35 PM
so will comon people who dont understand models and hex be able to do it or you will be the only one to make it work? since most ppl cant hex at all
modules* and I am not the only who know how to do it, PW also knows ;P
he is a really great teacher and a helper x3

well, it is pretty much module hacking :/ and I am pretty bad to do tutorials, but I think it would be pretty easy now once it's been discovered!
but it is ALOT of module and hex hacking so this would be for the experts

EDIT: uploaded!
SpecialGrabslol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4IE7oVN4pY#)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on December 19, 2012, 09:11:28 PM

The ability to make special grabs is something sexy my friend. once you discover other things in the .REL it might be possible to fully clone an articled character over any character at this point.

maybe if Modules are fully deciphered we might be able to make official new characters with ASM or just Gecko codes in the future.

if i had a true computer that wasn't at a local library i would love to learn this mess =/

this makes one of my characters completely possible now. though over ganondorf and he could do it. it could make the attack/dash motions much cleaner.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 19, 2012, 09:19:56 PM
Quote from: Ultraxwing on December 19, 2012, 09:11:28 PM

The ability to make special grabs is something sexy my friend. once you discover other things in the .REL it might be possible to fully clone an articled character over any character at this point.

maybe if Modules are fully deciphered we might be able to make official new characters with ASM or just Gecko codes in the future.

if i had a true computer that wasn't at a local library i would love to learn this mess =/

this makes one of my characters completely possible now. though over ganondorf and he could do it. it could make the attack/dash motions much cleaner.
ganon alrwady has 2 special grabs you wanted to add more?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 19, 2012, 09:24:32 PM
Quote from: Ultraxwing on December 19, 2012, 09:11:28 PM

The ability to make special grabs is something sexy my friend. once you discover other things in the .REL it might be possible to fully clone an articled character over any character at this point.

maybe if Modules are fully deciphered we might be able to make official new characters with ASM or just Gecko codes in the future.

if i had a true computer that wasn't at a local library i would love to learn this mess =/

this makes one of my characters completely possible now. though over ganondorf and he could do it. it could make the attack/dash motions much cleaner.
yes! it is! :3

I kinda know how the articles are build, at least 10-30% so it would be nice to give someone who is articleless an article!

Quote from: Carnage on December 19, 2012, 09:19:56 PM
ganon alrwady has 2 special grabs you wanted to add more?
you can add more instead like one bowser grab and one captian grab and 2 ganon grabs, but I am lazy about do to that xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 19, 2012, 09:28:21 PM
Quote from: pikazz on December 19, 2012, 09:24:32 PM
yes! it is! :3

I kinda know how the articles are build, at least 10-30% so it would be nice to give someone who is articleless an article!
you can add more instead like one bowser grab and one captian grab and 2 ganon grabs, but I am lazy about do to that xD
who wants a moveset where all specials are grabs? lol that character would have a tiny range on his special moves xD

you could try starting copying simple articles like lets say mario fireball over another chars to see how they work but remenber they need the floating points on the pac file so idkn how that would work tough
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 19, 2012, 10:54:20 PM
Now that's what I want to see! =D Great job, pikazz.

Also...

Gliding...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on December 19, 2012, 11:26:27 PM
Oh KJP.
You and your ways to make people glide.
Seriously. That's awesome :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 19, 2012, 11:34:37 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on December 19, 2012, 11:26:27 PM
Oh KJP.
You and your ways to make people glide.
Seriously. That's awesome :srs:
Thanks. =P

It took me some time to get it right. I spent 2+ days on it. <.>

The angling was quite easy. It was the momentum and timers that I spent the longest on.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 20, 2012, 12:44:08 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/B7Sdm.png)

You gotta take it 1 step at a time.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on December 20, 2012, 06:30:48 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 19, 2012, 10:54:20 PM
Now that's what I want to see! =D Great job, pikazz.

Also...

Gliding...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i have kinda discovered how to do glide aswell
i know how to do the  angling part of the glide so it will be just like as a real glide+only needed 1 animetion for it(3-4 aminetions if you count Start/end/Attack for glide) found out then i did vegeta´s Air FS  but the moving part i still needing to find out i think i will find out then i start on SMBZ Mario´s up-B(cape mode) since that will be SMWorld cape glide
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KGN Nappdagg on December 20, 2012, 06:39:45 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 19, 2012, 10:54:20 PM
Now that's what I want to see! =D Great job, pikazz.

Also...

Gliding...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Got it to work I see
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ninka_kiwi on December 20, 2012, 10:26:20 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 20, 2012, 12:44:08 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/B7Sdm.png)

You gotta take it 1 step at a time.

I'm assuming your trying to make classic Simon right? I'd suggest using the model from Dream mix TV fighters, and editing it to be higher quality. The model was actually recently ripped here.
http://www.models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/dreammixtvworldfighters/index.html (http://www.models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/dreammixtvworldfighters/index.html)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 21, 2012, 01:27:29 AM
I have that model and it is in.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jAMIneGqmCY#t=13s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jAMIneGqmCY#t=13s)

Yes it is that bad in 3DS Max, especially considering how it does transparency with the eyebrows such.

I'm not sure how to edit that model to be higher quality, so I figure that I'd be better off making my own using resources from that model and the Judgment model.

Post Merge: December 21, 2012, 04:06:22 PM

Since life goes on, here's another pic of my progress.
(http://i.imgur.com/BmuKH.png)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SiLeNtDo0m on December 21, 2012, 08:58:28 PM
A video for EY of his Simon Belmont PSA:

Simon Belmont PSA by EternalYoshi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-S5St17taM#ws)

Apologies for the occasional frame skips.  Once again, my Dazzle proves to me why its a pizza [censored].
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: slayermarth101 on December 21, 2012, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 21, 2012, 08:58:28 PM
A video for EY of his Simon Belmont PSA:

Simon Belmont PSA by EternalYoshi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-S5St17taM#ws)

Apologies for the occasional frame skips.  Once again, my Dazzle proves to me why its a pizza [censored].
I have no idea who that is... NO ONE rage at me.
but, my god... That is friggin sexy..
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 21, 2012, 09:22:31 PM
ahaha it ends with a pigg on its head so damn funny xD

Simon looks nice and over TL wich i have no psas i will for sure get it and EY even if a model of dreamix looks like crap you should rigg it as an alt becuase i love low poly models xD it brings me memories :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 21, 2012, 10:15:14 PM
That Pig is a silly issue caused by me not sending the FitToonLinkResult file......

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on December 22, 2012, 10:48:51 AM
finally a whip user that isnt zss
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 22, 2012, 11:35:54 AM
Quote from: joke. on December 22, 2012, 10:48:51 AM
finally a whip user that isnt zss
sheik says hi xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on December 22, 2012, 01:58:18 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 22, 2012, 11:35:54 AM
sheik says hi xD
u srs?
just a weird special move makes hi a whip user?
why not call samus one as well for her grab and hang?

no, i mean someone who MAINS a whip, also, why do they move so fast? O_O
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Alex Climax on December 24, 2012, 07:13:44 PM
I'm not much of a PSAer but....

I'm working on this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


He'll have custom animations where needed.

I'm pretty much just making him blind, since he's never been in a fighting game yet.

But so far I animated:

Really would rather have a vid, but I'm still trying to find a good recorder.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 24, 2012, 07:34:07 PM
To be honest, i have no clue which WIP thread i should put this in. it is animation and model change stuff, so im guessing here.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7mx0tEWd9s&feature=colike
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on December 24, 2012, 07:42:14 PM
You clever SOB :srs:
Needs moar Cloud and DBZ hacks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 24, 2012, 07:50:26 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on December 24, 2012, 07:42:14 PM
You clever SOB :srs:
Needs moar Cloud and DBZ hacks.
[spoiler](http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111008113527/fanball/images/0/08/Challenge_accepted.png)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on December 24, 2012, 07:58:19 PM
Time to rename it "Shadow Emmisary". :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Snoopy on December 24, 2012, 08:19:34 PM
put Sephiroth over the Paratroopas, so he can fly and flap his one wing around.

just a suggestion.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 24, 2012, 08:31:44 PM
Quote from: Snoopy on December 24, 2012, 08:19:34 PM
put Sephiroth over the Paratroopas, so he can fly and flap his one wing around.

just a suggestion.

Vegeta went on Paratroopa/koopa troopa. he flies then when you hit him he walks. but im thinking of sephiroth on bullet bil so he flies with his sword out and if he hits you then explosion
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 24, 2012, 08:33:51 PM
Also add Mr. L over certain Primids. He was REALLY prevalent before model editing was possible, as was Fierce Deity Link.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on December 24, 2012, 09:55:11 PM
Tabuu should be Goku or Vegeta.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 24, 2012, 10:09:50 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 24, 2012, 08:33:51 PM
Also add Mr. L over certain Primids. He was REALLY prevalent before model editing was possible, as was Fierce Deity Link.

I wasnt able to find them. But i will if i can

Quote from: Segtendo on December 24, 2012, 09:55:11 PM
Tabuu should be Goku or Vegeta.

I'll do goku because vegeta is turtle

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


also, its annoyign ebcause i have to change the files for every level and every part of the level. thats why im only doing the jungle stage.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 24, 2012, 10:16:26 PM
Most of the MR Ls were made before BV existed in 2009 and 2010. As such, you'd be better off using one of the better ones like this one: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5766 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5766) since the others aren't available.

Cloud and Sephy should be bosses in SSE.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 24, 2012, 10:18:25 PM
i ment i couldnt find Primid. but I'll use that one if I can find it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on December 24, 2012, 10:50:43 PM
Quote from: Happy Mask Salesman on December 24, 2012, 10:18:25 PM
i ment i couldnt find Primid. but I'll use that one if I can find it.
I think the Primid is a common enemy.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 25, 2012, 02:15:10 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/JVIXa.png)
What he wears is kinda complex so I wanted to "draw" the undershirt first, though I wouldn't call it that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on December 26, 2012, 07:25:02 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 24, 2012, 07:34:07 PM
To be honest, i have no clue which WIP thread i should put this in. it is animation and model change stuff, so im guessing here.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7mx0tEWd9s&feature=colike
I love you :srs:
Now then.........
*gets new pants*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 26, 2012, 08:25:01 PM
Wow, that Subspace hack sounds like loads of laughs. I'm imagining going through it as my Tabuu PSA and laughing. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 27, 2012, 01:27:43 AM
Beta Entry:
[spoiler](http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7269/gifwn.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on December 27, 2012, 01:29:53 AM
A Werehog PSA?
Interesting...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on December 27, 2012, 08:28:07 AM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 27, 2012, 01:27:43 AM
Beta Entry:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

to start i dont thing sonic the werehog is much taller then sonic himself, u can also notice that the legs are shorter and thicker, also he is over all thicker and buffer looking lol. But really, no one will notice in game so i guess it doesnt even matter, and on top of that its a beta. Other then that nice entry and cant wait to see more progress :D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on December 27, 2012, 01:02:26 PM
Quote from: rax189 on December 27, 2012, 08:28:07 AM
yay u used my entry... or we just thought of same thing :P but i would reccomend using a new model because if you notice the bones are rearanged to match wolf. like in this pic
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

to start i dont thing sonic the werehog is much taller then sonic himself, u can also notice that the legs are shorter and thicker, also he is over all thicker and buffer looking lol. But really, no one will notice in game so i guess it doesnt even matter, and on top of that its a beta. Other then that nice entry and cant wait to see more progress :D

he is taller than sonic. and i just based it off of my imagination. i never read anything of urs
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on December 27, 2012, 05:37:07 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 27, 2012, 01:02:26 PM
he is taller than sonic. and i just based it off of my imagination. i never read anything of urs
lol ok
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 27, 2012, 11:21:22 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/zCgOd.jpg)
Slow and Steady progress, but it will win the race.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 27, 2012, 11:36:45 PM
every psa should have alt models and that is looking good xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on December 28, 2012, 07:40:49 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 27, 2012, 11:36:45 PM
every psa should have alt models
^this
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on December 28, 2012, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on December 28, 2012, 07:40:49 PM
^this
^that
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on December 28, 2012, 08:28:59 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on December 28, 2012, 07:40:49 PM
^this
Quote from: Kagemaru on December 28, 2012, 08:06:42 PM
^that
^those
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Alex Climax on December 28, 2012, 09:53:22 PM
I spy with my little eye.

Something that is spam.

Anyway, that Simon seems to be coming along nicely. But since it's just the model being previewed for the moment. Wouldn't he be better shown in the Model's WIP? Not trying to sound rude.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 28, 2012, 10:32:54 PM
Quote from: Gumdramon on December 28, 2012, 09:53:22 PM
I spy with my little eye.

Something that is spam.

Anyway, that Simon seems to be coming along nicely. But since it's just the model being previewed for the moment. Wouldn't he be better shown in the Model's WIP? Not trying to sound rude.
its a model exclusive to the psa so its on the grey area lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Alex Climax on December 28, 2012, 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 28, 2012, 10:32:54 PM
its a model exclusive to the psa so its on the grey area lol
Ah, well that makes sense.
Okie doke. Was just wonderin
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 28, 2012, 10:37:54 PM
Quote from: Gumdramon on December 28, 2012, 10:35:53 PM
Ah, well that makes sense.
Okie doke. Was just wonderin
some psas have exclusive models with custoom bonesets like most of EY, mariodk gotenks and some others where ppl made custoom bonesets wich only work with the psa in question.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Alex Climax on December 29, 2012, 04:28:27 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I finished a few other animations too, like his lose and N-Special. But I'm waiting till I finally get off my arse and make a vid to show those.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AnImAiNe on December 29, 2012, 05:16:00 AM
how come gumdramon is so big compared to shoutmon? just curious
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Alex Climax on December 29, 2012, 05:38:44 AM
Quote from: AnImAiNe on December 29, 2012, 05:16:00 AM
how come gumdramon is so big compared to shoutmon? just curious
Oh, that's because I didn't Size mod him yet. xD
Whilst Shoutmon is at a 0.8 size mod.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just a quick alpha vid of Gumdramon, I'll be working out all of the kinks, and revamping all the animations soon enough.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 29, 2012, 03:55:13 PM
looks preety damn good for a first psa you need to make the taill do damage too not just on the hammer imo
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Alex Climax on December 29, 2012, 08:17:40 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 29, 2012, 03:55:13 PM
looks preety damn good for a first psa you need to make the taill do damage too not just on the hammer imo
Heh, thank you.
And alright. I'll add that in, thank ya for the suggestion!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KGN Nappdagg on December 30, 2012, 10:41:19 AM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 24, 2012, 07:34:07 PM
To be honest, i have no clue which WIP thread i should put this in. it is animation and model change stuff, so im guessing here.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7mx0tEWd9s&feature=colike
Kind old but, This makes me wana put ALL FF7Frieza's Subspace hax in :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 31, 2012, 02:50:06 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/ugStQ.jpg)
Not gonna lie, I have no freaking idea how I'm gonna model the hair......
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on December 31, 2012, 10:54:38 AM
hair... just  make something that looks nice :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 01, 2013, 05:44:48 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on January 01, 2013, 06:57:04 AM
Quote from: Ridley-G on January 01, 2013, 05:44:48 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

A mew psa.... Thats just about the BEST IDEA EVER lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on January 01, 2013, 08:22:10 AM
Quote from: Ridley-G on January 01, 2013, 05:44:48 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dat Metronome.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MarioStar+ on January 02, 2013, 07:16:34 PM
Hi! I'm doing a Gold Mario moveset (from NSMB2)  I will show previews later. :)

If anywone is interested...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on January 02, 2013, 07:18:55 PM
Quote from: Ridley-G on January 01, 2013, 05:44:48 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

that looks awesome cant wait to see it rest
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 02, 2013, 07:22:54 PM
Quote from: MarioStar+ on January 02, 2013, 07:16:34 PM
Hi! I'm doing a Gold Mario moveset (from NSMB2)  I will show previews later. :)

If anywone is interested...
This thread is to show previews, not state what you're planning. If you don't have something to show and/or have a reply to a preview, then don't bother posting in this thread.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MarioStar+ on January 02, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
Ok sorry... I will be more carefule next time.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 03, 2013, 06:49:25 PM
Glad you guys picked up on the hand being for Metronome. XD

Anyway, notice anything that's missing?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 03, 2013, 08:05:39 PM
Quote from: Ridley-G on January 03, 2013, 06:49:25 PM
Glad you guys picked up on the hand being for Metronome. XD

Anyway, notice anything that's missing?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

model changers are easy it all depends on the ids and the position  you can see them in bb , just wondering is that pokepark mew with pokepark bones? or you rigged him on someone boneset? if its pokepark bones you got a long animations list ahead
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 03, 2013, 08:10:12 PM
Yeah, with some tinkering I've managed to figure out model changers for the most part.

And it's the Pokepark model with some bone additions/adjustments. So yeah, that's kind of why I'm not too devoted, because I know how many animations I have to make... <_<
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 03, 2013, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: Ridley-G on January 03, 2013, 08:10:12 PM
Yeah, with some tinkering I've managed to figure out model changers for the most part.

And it's the Pokepark model with some bone additions/adjustments. So yeah, that's kind of why I'm not too devoted, because I know how many animations I have to make... <_<
you could rigg him on ness/lucas and even get him some taill bones nowadays with all the one slot bone edits you can do everything xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mariofan224 on January 04, 2013, 06:28:53 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2012, 09:46:14 AM
I do not have Primal Carnage. I want it though. But I got the model from garrysmod.org.
It is on steam and its not very high on the prices. 1st i think you need to make an account on steam 1st.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 04, 2013, 06:55:42 PM
Quote from: Mariofan224 on January 04, 2013, 06:28:53 PM
It is on steam and its not very high on the prices. 1st i think you need to make an account on steam 1st.
. . .

1.) Did you just seriously reply to a post from 10+ pages ago? .-.

2.) I already have a Steam account. .-.

3.) I already have posession of the Primal Carnage models. I made a post in this very thread about it. >.>

4.) I already have the game.

5.) I'm not sure if I'll be using the models because I don't think the Primal Carnage community would be pleased if I used the models.

6.) Progress on all of my PSAs is going to be slow...

._.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 08, 2013, 09:23:29 PM
look what I did! do I deserve a cookie now!
(http://i45.tinypic.com/2eogrx4.jpg)
(http://i45.tinypic.com/15gqi3b.jpg)
(http://i48.tinypic.com/20gyy55.jpg)
(http://i49.tinypic.com/ak8uat.jpg)

easy article item swap! dont know yet how to add article items to someone else but I trying to find out
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 11, 2013, 04:02:45 PM
pikazz... y u always amaze us/me?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Jerza on January 11, 2013, 10:04:35 PM
Heey A Preview Of Electabuzz Over Diddy I Gonna Make A Psa For Electabuzz So Here Is A Preview Don't Now How To Make A Gif Of The Animation Moveset Ideas Are Always Welcome.

(http://i.imgur.com/R3BsC.png)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 11, 2013, 10:51:19 PM
we have few diddy psa i hope he turns out good i wish both electabuzz, elekid and electivire were over the same character for alt costumes sadle they arent :S
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 11, 2013, 11:58:53 PM
Quote from: joke. on January 11, 2013, 04:02:45 PM
pikazz... y u always amaze us/me?
may I amaze you more?

(http://i47.tinypic.com/10com5t.jpg)
(http://i48.tinypic.com/2u90cwh.jpg)

Look at my Staryu bomb! release it and it will kill the opponent with his own move!
it WORKS ingame!
but there is on one condition! you CAN'T generate the staryu bomb if it isn't a staryu on the stage already cause toon link doesn't "load" staryu in his pac or in Common3. it needs to be open up first in a pokeball before you can load your own staryu!

doesn't freeze if it aren't any staryu on the stage, just dont generate a item
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 12, 2013, 01:08:44 AM
Neat, Pikazz. I see all this stuff you make and it completely blows me away. ;D

I started work on my Real Bowser PSA. Taking a break from Tabuu, because I'm lacking inspiration. Real Bowser will use the Bowser sound mod that's on the Vault (I'll include it and give credit) as well as moves from the NSMB series, Mario 3D Land and others. Except for the Bowser Bomb, which will stay, like Tabuu, it'll be a new moveset.

Here's his idle pose from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I posed it myself with a reference pic, not using the actual animation. I just need to pose the fingers and make the actual animation.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 12, 2013, 01:09:11 AM
interesting, sad how another staryu needs to be in stage already though, what if there's another pokemon in stage?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: _Data_Drain_ on January 12, 2013, 01:13:23 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 12, 2013, 01:08:44 AM
Neat, Pikazz. I see all this stuff you make and it completely blows me away. ;D

I started work on my Real Bowser PSA. Taking a break from Tabuu, because I'm lacking inspiration. Real Bowser will use the Bowser sound mod that's on the Vault (I'll include it and give credit) as well as moves from the NSMB series, Mario 3D Land and others. Except for the Bowser Bomb, which will stay, like Tabuu, it'll be a new moveset.

Here's his idle pose from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I posed it myself with a reference pic, not using the actual animation. I just need to pose the fingers and make the actual animation.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hm... This could be interesting.

You could also include some moves from spinoffs. Such as the RPGs.


I think to make planning easier on yourself. And for a more authentic Brawl feel. You should only have him have 4 specials.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 12, 2013, 01:15:07 AM
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on January 12, 2013, 01:13:23 AM
Hm... This could be interesting.

You could also include some moves from spinoffs. Such as the RPGs.


I think to make planning easier on yourself. And for a more authentic Brawl feel. You should only have him have 4 specials.

I would prefer not to include moves from spinoffs, except maybe Mario RPG, I'm looking for more of a Mario Bowser moveset, because Brawl's doesn't feel it at all.

Oh, no worries. Bowser WILL have 4 specials only. The 8 specials thing is exclusive to Tabuu. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on January 12, 2013, 01:16:52 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 12, 2013, 01:08:44 AMI started work on my Real Bowser PSA. Taking a break from Tabuu, because I'm lacking inspiration. Real Bowser will use the Bowser sound mod that's on the Vault (I'll include it and give credit) as well as moves from the NSMB series, Mario 3D Land and others. Except for the Bowser Bomb, which will stay, like Tabuu, it'll be a new moveset. Here's his idle pose from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I posed it myself with a reference pic, not using the actual animation. I just need to pose the fingers and make the actual animation.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Bowser is in need of a real PSA. :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on January 12, 2013, 05:40:22 PM
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on January 12, 2013, 01:16:52 AM
Bowser is in need of a real PSA. :srs:
Totally. I haven't seen many Bowser PSA's that interest me.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 12, 2013, 09:36:26 PM
if there were more imports on him, it could motivate some people to actually make a PSA for him
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 12, 2013, 10:24:54 PM
It's a slow Saturday, so here have some Mew

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 12, 2013, 11:27:15 PM
It looks good. But if you like, try using a lighter shade of pink.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: _Data_Drain_ on January 12, 2013, 11:28:45 PM
From those pictures. The bubble seems too dark.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 13, 2013, 12:25:59 AM
Lighter pink it is, thanks. I'll get to that after I do some animations.

I haven't animated in forever, so I'm really rusty and self-conscious about it. ;_;
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 13, 2013, 12:27:14 AM
Quote from: Ridley-G on January 13, 2013, 12:25:59 AM
I haven't animated in forever, so I'm really rusty and self-conscious about it. ;_;

Believe me, I know what that's like. I've animated SINCE forever and still think my stuff looks like crap. XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 13, 2013, 02:39:28 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Slow but steady progress.
Obtained Sword Glow.
Also those tentacles will grab and throw things.... somehow.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: RisingStar on January 15, 2013, 05:24:55 PM
Working on my first Psa moveset ....

Scyhter Moveset V1 Preview Brawlbox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkOl4Zq6uN8#ws)

Good or bad .... can someone give me some feedback please  :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Jerza on January 15, 2013, 08:05:31 PM
I Stoped With Electabuzz Because He Was Nothing For Me But I Started With My Real First Psa And Here Is The Wait 1 Feedback Is Always Welcome Don't Be Rude This Is My First Real Animation I Have Made So I Hope You Like It And Wanna See More.

Golem Psa Ver 1: Wait 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7AqzwTDiD8#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 15, 2013, 08:45:46 PM
Risingstar  where is the scyther model from? he looks like a midject scyther imo he looks tiny compared to starwaffle scyther vertex and you should redo the wait1 he looks like the position is not fitting i would go for something more straight up with the claws on front imo like a true praying mantis position, will he be psaed over falco like kjp scyther and scizor psa?

Aelia the wait1 seems good i assum the psa will be over bowser?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Hero © on January 15, 2013, 09:19:01 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 13, 2013, 02:39:28 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Slow but steady progress.
Obtained Sword Glow.
Also those tentacles will grab and throw things.... somehow.
I always loved your MGS work.
I remember him, but forgot his name. Good stuff there.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 15, 2013, 09:52:51 PM
He's Solidus Snake from MGS2, the perfect third clone of big boss. Also finished the rig check on the tentacles and improved the animation, but I'm doing crazy things to get them to hit/grab anything.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 15, 2013, 10:48:25 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 15, 2013, 09:52:51 PM
He's Solidus Snake from MGS2, the perfect third clone of big boss. Also finished the rig check on the tentacles and improved the animation, but I'm doing crazy things to get them to hit/grab anything.
does snake has any action overrides on his pac?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Jerza on January 15, 2013, 11:30:31 PM
@Carnage yeah he is over bowser :) thanks for the feedback
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on January 15, 2013, 11:43:10 PM
Quote from: Aelia on January 15, 2013, 08:05:31 PM
I Stoped With Electabuzz Because He Was Nothing For Me But I Started With My Real First Psa And Here Is The Wait 1 Feedback Is Always Welcome Don't Be Rude This Is My First Real Animation I Have Made So I Hope You Like It And Wanna See More.

Golem Psa Ver 1: Wait 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7AqzwTDiD8#ws)

You've got some issues:

1. He clips into the ground. That is a no-no. His legs should be moving up and down along with his up and down movement.
2. For goodness sake, make his arms move, please?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 16, 2013, 01:49:13 AM
Quote from: Carnage on January 15, 2013, 10:48:25 PM
does snake has any action overrides on his pac?

Yes, but they are only used to terminate articles when you leave specific actions. I already adjusted those.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 16, 2013, 02:38:47 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 16, 2013, 01:49:13 AM
Yes, but they are only used to terminate articles when you leave specific actions. I already adjusted those.
i mean you could use them to make a true teether grab(is that the name?) since i think its possible copying zss article stuff to make him grab with the tentacles :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: RisingStar on January 16, 2013, 10:57:48 AM
@Carnage I will redo the wait1
   And Scyhter is over wolf  :laugh:
   Thanks for feedback  :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 16, 2013, 11:01:14 AM
Quote from: RisingStar on January 16, 2013, 10:57:48 AM
@Carnage I will redo the wait1
   And Scyhter is over wolf  :laugh:
   Thanks for feedback  :)
not sure if that is the best boneset for him i would use the model over falco imo because the model import over wolf looks very wierd and joke. already did a scyther model import over falco he just didnt released it yet
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 16, 2013, 06:08:15 PM
Quote from: RisingStar on January 16, 2013, 10:57:48 AM
@Carnage I will redo the wait1
   And Scyhter is over wolf  :laugh:
   Thanks for feedback  :)

but ur using the falco model, right?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 16, 2013, 07:09:40 PM
Quote from: joke. on January 16, 2013, 06:08:15 PM
but ur using the falco model, right?
nope he is using the scyther over wolf  that looks bad since  it has no legs and looks shrunk he should use the falco rig or even starwaffle vertex since the even look better proportionwise
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 16, 2013, 07:38:31 PM
i just rigged another scyther on falco...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 19, 2013, 06:40:05 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/f4tNtA3.jpg)
This hair is easily the hardest and most irritating to model out of all these parts, and I'm not really finished yet......

Also 3DS Max has issues with showing transparency..
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on January 19, 2013, 06:45:13 AM
Retro Simon Belmont (http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/simonbelmont2.gif)?
(http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnqiavSbaa1qk6nfw.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 19, 2013, 09:51:25 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 16, 2013, 01:49:13 AM
Yes, but they are only used to terminate articles when you leave specific actions. I already adjusted those.
you know you can add more action override if they have already? :3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 19, 2013, 10:02:45 PM
Eh... why not?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 19, 2013, 10:09:46 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know how we can safely add Action overrides.
All I can do is change the action values the overrides are "attached" to (IE Assign them to Down B actions instead of Side B Actions)and the offsets of the overrides' subroutines.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 20, 2013, 12:54:56 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 19, 2013, 10:09:46 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know how we can safely add Action overrides.
All I can do is change the action values the overrides are "attached" to (IE Assign them to Down B actions instead of Side B Actions)and the offsets of the overrides' subroutines.
in bb you can put code in there like zss has to make an article grab sure you would need to steal another action overide to do it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 20, 2013, 01:06:00 AM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on January 19, 2013, 10:02:45 PM
Eh... why not?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


that was epic :srs:

bad thing was how bad the sounds sounded... omg the redundancy...

also, the bullets look just like straight lines, instead of actual bullets, and if it was supposed to be laser, it needs some effect to make it look more alive, since it seemed vey static...

on th awesome side, are both the animation and the camera job, it looks [censored]ing epic :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 20, 2013, 01:09:08 AM
It's still a work in progress, so I'll make changes. I just took the GFX I used for her normal gunshots and scaled them to 5. But they look too fat... lol. So I'll have to make another GFX...

As far as SFX go, I still need a less annoying one for her Machine Gun. Her Hand Gun is fine, but the Machine Gun gets noisy...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on January 20, 2013, 11:35:32 PM
Omg... that was too amazing.

:srs:

I need to do something like that
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 20, 2013, 11:43:49 PM
I wonder what the result would be... interested to see other people than me doing it...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on January 21, 2013, 12:02:53 AM
I remember you telling me how to do it a while ago, but I was using Riivo back then and riivo sucks for testing. But perhaps I'll try and impliment it with Sanji's FS since its a pretty long combo.

I also do something cinematic with Wolverine's FS since I actually made his lvl 3 ultra special combo from MvC3. Its fully animated, just not implimented into the psa just yet.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 23, 2013, 03:24:12 AM
This hair... is a freaking show stopper. Well the back anyway. I'm trying to model the back of it and.....

(http://i.imgur.com/qJ29jg8.jpg)

On the left is DMTV Simon's hair(Those parts don't use transparency) and on the right is what I'm trying to do. I have the base and the front done, but this back has pretty much stopped all progress.

Can anyone help with what I should do?

I cannot proceed until this matter is resolved.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on January 24, 2013, 12:25:05 AM
You could try a conform wrap variant, since you have the target model.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on January 25, 2013, 11:50:36 PM
SSBB: Sonic Heroes update (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgolW399LJ4#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 30, 2013, 02:11:49 AM
I decided to edit Zelda's hair instead because the planes in the DMTV model are a mess.
Looks good outside of the textures.
(http://i.imgur.com/4v3VIJT.jpg)

I need to retxture this hair.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ninka_kiwi on January 30, 2013, 02:20:08 AM
Simon's design is looking a lot better now.

Still wondering who thought the judgement design was a good idea at Konami >.>
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on February 09, 2013, 11:54:48 PM
(http://i50.tinypic.com/10n6gs0.jpg)

successfully added Bowsers Grab to Marios B! but since mario dont have much B actions so I had to add one more action and that makes the "throw" glitchy.
if you touch the ground you get the freeze on spot until you get hit yourself!

I am doing a Special Throw Tutorial! but I will do a much easier grab to make you understand how it works!
I will do a Yoshi Egg Special Throw (Neutral B) since it's pretty easy grab! but I haven't test it ingame yet

EDIT: I released a guide of how to add your own Special Grabs/Throws!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=49878.msg1011427#msg1011427 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=49878.msg1011427#msg1011427)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 12, 2013, 08:25:34 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/4xTOXpP.png)

real small PSA projet, ive learned to start small after failing at 2 or 3 big ones... xD

it's maryu...
i'll be using kienamaru's ryu animations, im not replacing all attacks, just some of them, like hadouken fireball, the kick from attack13, shoryuken of course on up-B, and i may use marioDK's classic downB...
i dont know about the throws, will porting the animation mess with the ThrowN bone? or haveN, whichever is used to throw people...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on February 13, 2013, 03:45:53 AM
Got the motivation from me, huh Joke? :af:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 13, 2013, 08:28:37 AM
indeed, lol

the wait animation is fully made by me, only used kagemaru's first frame, and started editting from there, i actually also changed that frame, so yeah, i ca call it compleely mine i guess :P

btw, is mario editable in brawlbox without any glitches?
if not, what PSA is the best to use, u know one that has the timer in frames and hs the actions named... xD

to not waste a post:

(http://i.imgur.com/g6hrp1y.gif)

completely 100% custom made from scratch (using the wait animation frame 1 of course, but that was mine anyways...)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Hero © on February 13, 2013, 03:32:30 PM
Quote from: joking on February 13, 2013, 08:28:37 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/g6hrp1y.gif)
He looks shaky at the end of the attack.

Good job though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 13, 2013, 05:08:17 PM
i know, it's cuz of how weird brawlbox works when the rotation values are too high, i already fixed this, by "resetting" the rotation value to numbers between -360 and 360 xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Royal_Blade on February 14, 2013, 04:21:50 AM
Quote from: joking on February 13, 2013, 05:08:17 PM
i know, it's cuz of how weird brawlbox works when the rotation values are too high, i already fixed this, by "resetting" the rotation value to numbers between -360 and 360 xD
How did you rotate it?

The way brawl does it is to set the rotation to 360*(number of spin) and adjust the animation from that rotation.

The best example would be Link/Toon Link's Spin Attack. Use that animation for reference for spinning moves.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 14, 2013, 02:19:51 PM
it's working good already so meh xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on February 23, 2013, 03:11:51 PM
This is just showing waits 1 2 and 3. The wait 1 is based off of dragon ball z ultimate tenkaichi.

MarioDK did the epic rig.

Frieza Animation Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FicT1Wk-dro#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 23, 2013, 03:14:27 PM
Quote from: The Future Kid on February 23, 2013, 03:11:51 PM
This is just showing waits 1 2 and 3. The wait 1 is based off of dragon ball z ultimate tenkaichi.

MarioDK did the epic rig.

Frieza Animation Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FicT1Wk-dro#ws)

Hey, cool. Glad you finally found someone to rig you a Frieza. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 07, 2013, 08:39:54 AM
Time for some bad news. ALL OF MY PSAs, released or not, are all suspended indefinitely until I acquire sufficient data about articles and get Special Action Grabs perfectly stable.  

Until then, I'm gonna be doing PM stuff and rebooting my old stages, starting with Adventure Island.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 10, 2013, 05:58:26 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 07, 2013, 08:39:54 AM
Time for some bad news. ALL OF MY PSAs, released or not, are all suspended indefinitely until I acquire sufficient data about articles and get Special Action Grabs perfectly stable.  

Until then, I'm gonna be doing PM stuff and rebooting my old stages, starting with Adventure Island.
if you want any help, I can try to help about the special action grabs if you want to
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on March 11, 2013, 05:36:01 AM
Some victory taunts...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 11, 2013, 05:50:50 AM
Da fuq you do to regular Samus?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on March 11, 2013, 05:52:33 AM
Gunslinger Samus' FitSZerosuit.pac file got so big, I had to remove things from the FitSamus.pac file. I plan on using BrawlBox to lower her filesize when I finish.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 11, 2013, 05:13:11 PM
It's cold in here. :srs:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

And no, I didn't cancel Tabuu. :srs: I just have one attack and dozens of movement stuff to do on him and I'm lacking motivation since movement and item animations are not exactly my forte.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on March 11, 2013, 11:04:04 PM
Luffy [censored] >.> Figured I'd show it off
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 11, 2013, 11:06:27 PM
Damn Pervy. I love your custom bonesets and rigs. So fluid.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on March 12, 2013, 11:02:09 PM
Gunslinger Samus' Down Taunt...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on March 13, 2013, 02:32:04 AM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on March 12, 2013, 11:02:09 PM
Gunslinger Samus' Down Taunt...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Well... a bit stiff, to be honest. For a couple of reasons:

-She doesn't exactly "jump" into the air when she flips, she just kind of... floats up, I guess. There should be some start-up where she crouches down more, maybe.
-It could use some more "tuck" while she's in the air, it looks like she's flopping around in the  air in a T-stance. Kind of reminds me of GMod for some reason.
-She doesn't move forward at all, she just kind of stalls in the air. Though the transition back to the wait pose is smooth enough.

That's all really, I suggest maybe looking up some gymnastics videos and replicate how they usually flip and what they do in the air and such. I dunno. Maybe I'm talking out the behind again, ehehehe.

Anyway, you've improved a lot in terms of animations, hope you keep on doing so.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on March 13, 2013, 02:45:49 AM
I made a few fixes after I made the GIF, so the leg is somewhat fixed. I could also position her arms in some way or another. Also this is a taunt, so I don't want her moving around too much... lol. But that could pose a problem in terms of how it looks...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on March 30, 2013, 08:48:03 PM
Project Phoenix
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Note: For the record, I realize the animations are pretty stiff. I don't have any help so I figured I'd handle to PSA & gfx before worrying about the animations, per se.


Burning Wait
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down A Tilt: If you press down A she'll send a fire trail along the ground.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If you hold Down A, she'll send it even farther and then it will explode slightly
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side A Tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Air Tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up B
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Future Spoiler
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Thoughts, encouraging comments, direction to help or resources all appreciated.

~An Ordinary Kero ^_^~
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on April 12, 2013, 10:38:01 AM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on March 12, 2013, 11:02:09 PM
Gunslinger Samus' Down Taunt...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm definitely interested in GS ZSS. Seems to have a lot of potential. Too bad for me I plan to put Tifa there.

Also what Gamma says is pretty much spot on. She's a bit stiff. Looking at how people naturally do flips and stuff helps a lot. Also just flat out looking to see if it looks humanly possible too.

At any rate, I have things to show for preview D: but making Gif's is so tedious for me since I have to copy/paste frames into paint, save them individually, then make a proper gif using a website. Its horribly boring for longer animations... like the ones I wanna show.

Though if anyone is willing to either do that, or make a BB preview video for me, that'd be cool too :D

Naruto previews... His throws are some of my best works to date.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on April 16, 2013, 04:53:39 AM
The latest edition of Phoenix is now v032

Type: Glass canon (not true yet...)
-powerful, quick, mix-up character but light & easily knocked out
-always has an aura of flame around her
-her movement looks like levitation (hovers above floor)
-Can be knocked out of stage at 90...
-Because of all the healing, consider that if she drops below 60dmg she may auto exit DF mode

CURRENT MOVES
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down A tilt: Wake of the Phoenix
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral A (Air): Torch Kiss
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up A (air): Phoenix Somersault
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B: TK Shot
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B (hold): TK Phantasm Illusion
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up B: Phoenix Flight
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side B: Triple TK Shot
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[/spoiler]

The link to her download is here
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
if anyone's interested.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on April 16, 2013, 06:57:22 AM
Long time no see.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on April 16, 2013, 01:32:17 PM
I totally forgot about you :oshi:
Sexy animations, as usual.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on April 16, 2013, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on April 16, 2013, 01:32:17 PM
I totally forgot about you :oshi:
Sexy animations, as usual.
Thank you! I'm planning on importing more animations from Twilight Princess, but it just takes some time!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MKHT on April 16, 2013, 11:57:22 PM
hello you guys have might of seen that Waluigi is here but still in a WIP state

heres a few videos of him
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE0I7uWu10#)
http://youtu.be/oVCoFEI3aeo (http://youtu.be/oVCoFEI3aeo)

for more info about him - http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=58714 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=58714)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on April 17, 2013, 09:03:24 AM
please, let somebody give him fingers...
also, over who is he?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MKHT on April 17, 2013, 10:20:52 AM
Quote from: joke king on April 17, 2013, 09:03:24 AM
please, let somebody give him fingers...
also, over who is he?

if your talking about Waluigi, his over Pit and a new model is on its way, all it needs is to be textured
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on April 17, 2013, 10:29:31 AM
how different is the current release from what's seen in that video?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MKHT on April 17, 2013, 12:13:20 PM
Quote from: joke king on April 17, 2013, 10:29:31 AM
how different is the current release from what's seen in that video?

smoother looking, had fingers, Yellow eyes, and more movable parts
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on April 17, 2013, 12:59:04 PM
i said release, not progress xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 17, 2013, 04:36:16 PM
Midna and the Waa.... hnnnnnnnnng.

All I have to contribute is this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 17, 2013, 04:52:59 PM
Nice progress, Gamma.

As for the PSA part, have you tried using the Roll a Die requirement in an If command? I'll explain a bit more if you don't fully understand.

And those don't seem too unbalanced. Just have Splash occur most frequently, have Recover occur the least frequently, then have Hypnosis and Explosion occur somewhere in-between.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 17, 2013, 05:02:44 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on April 17, 2013, 04:52:59 PM
As for the PSA part, have you tried using the Roll a Die requirement in an If command? I'll explain a bit more if you don't fully understand.

Yep, that's what I was using. The sound effects play (sometimes) but no collisions or graphics are loaded. Also, I could only get the Add/Subtract line to add. /:

This is my code:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 17, 2013, 05:09:29 PM
Try separating the Else from the If.

Ex:

If Command
*Coding*
Else
If Command
*Coding*
End If
End If
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 17, 2013, 05:16:12 PM
Nah, that didn't seem to work either.

If I need any more help, I'll PM you, I don't want to derail the thread too much. :I
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 17, 2013, 05:18:29 PM
Alright then. =P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 17, 2013, 06:02:52 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: XxTailsxX on April 17, 2013, 07:11:40 PM
Quote from: Gamma on April 17, 2013, 06:02:52 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

Is that who I think it is?! :happy:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: StarWaffle on April 17, 2013, 07:24:06 PM
It's Mewone!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 18, 2013, 02:20:10 AM
Quote from: XxTailsxX on April 17, 2013, 07:11:40 PM
Is that who I think it is?! :happy:

Quote from: StarWaffle on April 17, 2013, 07:24:06 PM
It's Mewone!

Bingo

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 18, 2013, 10:07:12 PM
gamma just wondering thats a custom boneset mew right? with the excat same skeleton from pokepark?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 18, 2013, 10:09:30 PM
It's a modified version of Mew's boneset from Pokepark with added bones to work over Pikachu.

Yes I'm aware all the misc animations will need to be redone. No I'm not going to rig it over Ness.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: XxTailsxX on April 18, 2013, 10:11:17 PM
But since mew can hold items telekinetically do u still need to do misc animations?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 18, 2013, 10:13:05 PM
Quote from: XxTailsxX on April 18, 2013, 10:11:17 PM
But since mew can hold items telekinetically do u still need to do misc animations?

... yes...

I mean, like, ladder climbing, swimming, tripping, rolling, etc.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on April 18, 2013, 10:14:31 PM
how does a floating character even trip?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 18, 2013, 10:20:47 PM
Quote from: joke king on April 18, 2013, 10:14:31 PM
how does a floating character even trip?

Like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7e0777z7AY#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 18, 2013, 10:23:38 PM
just wondering since you got alot of animations to do yet, do you have all 4 specials already planned?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 18, 2013, 10:41:06 PM
Yeah, I know there are a buttload of animations, but I'm not too worried... I don't plan on finishing anytime soon, and if you know me, I most certainly won't. It's more of a long-term thing.

As for specials, here's what I have planned.

Neutral B - Swift: If you just press B, Mew will shoot one lone star forward. Weak and has little knockback. However, if you hold B, Mew will begin to surround itself with stars. Once fully charged, Mew will be surrounded by a ring of three stars which will rotate around it, acting like a sort of shield. Any foes that come in too close will be dealt minor damage, but enough to disrupt any incoming attacks. Pressing B once more will cause Mew to fire off the stars in succession, with each star doing more damage with the last. The stars will fire themselves in random directions if B is not pressed within 15-20 seconds of generating them. Coming into contact with the first star will stun you, resulting in being hit by the other stars. Not sure if controller input will decide the direction the stars are fired.

Up B - Barrier: Mew will generate its signature bubble to protect itself, which will block most attacks. After a short amount of time, the bubble will burst, causing anyone nearby to trip or, if in the air, be knocked back slightly. When used in the air, Mew will generate the bubble and slowly begin to rise, lightly pushing back anyone nearby. The bubble pops at the peak, and Mew enters free fall.

Down B - Metronome: Mew wiggles its finger and does one of four(?) randomly chosen moves. The four moves I have planned I listed previously, but to reiterate, they are...

Recover - Mew recovers 25% health, has a brief moment of heavy armor. Rare.
Yawn - Mew yawns, causing anyone nearby to fall asleep. Does 10% damage, no knockback. Semi-frequent.
Splash - Mew causes a splash, inflicting a mere 1% damage to anyone moderately close. Send aerial foes straight down. Semi-rare.
Explosion - Mew explodes, dealing 50% damage and massive knockback to anyone unfortunate enough to be nearby. Does 25% damage to itself. Rare.

I'll probably add a fifth, more standard move at some point, soon as I think of one.

Side B - No flipping clue.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on April 18, 2013, 10:47:42 PM
Side B: Mega Punch, possibly? Mew learns it at level 10.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 18, 2013, 10:52:16 PM
Mega Punch is definitely planned, because that's a move I really do associate with Mew (which is weird) but I figured that would be more suited to the side smash or something.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 18, 2013, 11:00:29 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


that n-b will be a pain to psa lol stars running around you and hitting ppl and disapearing it would be best if he would throw the 3 when fully charged  and the first 2 would stun and the third would do some knockback, and you could keep the charge and while holding the charge the stars could still be floatting around him, this would look good visually also imo,becuause mew already has a upB bubble for defense why 2 defensive moves  that are closed to the body? heck i dont see any easy special to psa there you got some hard ideas to code lol

side B well mew needs a psychic attack and since psychic is preety impossible to implement without a grab i would say psyshock or zen headbutt for side b? either a pink shock with a small explosion on the end or rushing with his head covered by a pinkish shield
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 18, 2013, 11:10:16 PM
I think I have a decent set-up to where the neutral B won't be a major pain. Mew needed a bunch of bones to work properly over Pika, so I added a group of bones specifically for the Swift graphics. Basically, the bone structure of the Swift graphic is the same as the structure of the Swift group on the main model. The graphic attached to the main group bone and animates via its own animation. Then, when B is pressed again, the ring is deleted, and individual star graphics are attached to the bones attached to the main group bone, then animated as false projectiles.

Don't know if I described that properly, but it should work. Maybe. Haven't figured out how to delete the graphic yet, I can just spam B and generate a billion rings until the game crashes at the moment, haha.

I dunno, maybe I'm in over my head, but I won't quit just yet.

Another thing with Mew is that since it can learn any TM in every game, I wanted to avoid the typical Psychic movepool and have some weirder things instead. Sky Drop is a possibility for side B, for example, but I'm not too certain at this point.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on April 20, 2013, 10:07:47 PM
SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus' New Final Smash (WIP) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4nndIavAow#)

Decided to change it...

Missing things like VIS0 animations, and now that I look at this, I may need to add more keyframes to those arms...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on April 20, 2013, 11:34:18 PM
Damn. That final smash :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on April 21, 2013, 10:26:32 AM
Too... sexy...

I... have to have it... T_____T


My soul...

it weeps for that PSA
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Flygon on April 21, 2013, 11:04:57 PM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on April 20, 2013, 10:07:47 PM
SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus' New Final Smash (WIP) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4nndIavAow#)
Decided to change it...
Missing things like VIS0 animations, and now that I look at this, I may need to add more keyframes to those arms...
I don't use psa at all, but sir, allow me to say:
I. Need. This.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on April 22, 2013, 01:37:42 AM
Ok... So I believe I'm gonna have to 1-up you...

I'm gonna work in a cinematic FS on one of my PSAs to break the ice with it first. Then you're gonna have some real competition sir!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on April 22, 2013, 10:16:03 AM
 Dat Finalsmash. being a major ZSS fan,

could you make it where standard samus doesn't transform to ZSS so that way i can have this PSA?

that's just darned good

i might look for you if i need a good Cinematic Finalsmash

i love you =3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on April 22, 2013, 10:29:45 AM
normal samus has been nulled out completely cuz of filesize issues iirc
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on April 22, 2013, 01:39:14 PM
 i know she's nulled out but is the Final Smash edited so it doesn't transform to well Zero Suit samus?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on April 22, 2013, 01:52:21 PM
If you're referring to Samus to Zero Suit Samus, she won't be able to transform to Zero Suit Samus, because she can't do anything to defend herself at this point... lol...

Anyway, I felt the need to update this...

SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus' New Final Smash UPDATED (WIP) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig5I26vKzBg#)

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 22, 2013, 01:37:42 AM
Ok... So I believe I'm gonna have to 1-up you...

I'm gonna work in a cinematic FS on one of my PSAs to break the ice with it first. Then you're gonna have some real competition sir!

I expect a good fight... lol...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on April 22, 2013, 01:57:56 PM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on April 22, 2013, 01:52:21 PM
If you're referring to Samus to Zero Suit Samus, she won't be able to transform to Zero Suit Samus, because she can't do anything to defend herself at this point... lol...

Anyway, I felt the need to update this...

SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus' New Final Smash UPDATED (WIP) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig5I26vKzBg#)

I expect a good fight... lol...
this final smash>sex

god, I really want to do that kind of finalsmashes :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on April 22, 2013, 02:08:13 PM
pikazz, you've seen this (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=58962.0) before, but to anyone else curious...

I expect good results...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on April 22, 2013, 02:22:08 PM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on April 22, 2013, 02:08:13 PM
pikazz, you've seen this (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=58962.0) before, but to anyone else curious...

I expect good results...
i know, I want to try out that on not only final smashes!

but that final smash (the real attack) is damn awesome, I want to code/PSA stuff like that too :oshi:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 22, 2013, 03:00:09 PM
Quote from: Ultraxwing on April 22, 2013, 10:16:03 AM
Dat Finalsmash. being a major ZSS fan,

could you make it where standard samus doesn't transform to ZSS so that way i can have this PSA?

that's just darned good

i might look for you if i need a good Cinematic Finalsmash

i love you =3
i did make a brawl samus psa wich is default ssbb samus but doesnt trasform to zss on the FS check my vault, i did it so samus wouldnt turn into ridley since ridley didnt turn into samus.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on April 25, 2013, 01:31:46 PM
new Doctor Mario PSA(not 100% clone of mario afew doctor based attacks like needle/piles)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on April 25, 2013, 01:44:20 PM
looks really well posed!
i hope it looks even better in motion :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on April 25, 2013, 04:30:16 PM
Ooh. A Dr. Mario PSA that won't be 100% from Melee. Color me interested.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on April 25, 2013, 06:03:32 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on April 25, 2013, 01:31:46 PM
new Doctor Mario PSA(not 100% clone of mario afew doctor based attacks like needle/piles)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

very nice idea! but let me give you a tip.

only use 3 colors, not 4. cause in Dr Mario, only 3 colors exists. its Red, Blue and Yellow AKA the Viruses.

also, I would love it one of the attacks is using the Viruses against the opponent :srs: xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on April 25, 2013, 07:15:48 PM
was alittle thinking on putting the viruses as some kinda of FS  but not sure

anyway this doctor mario will have:
3-4 needle attacks: Side-Smash,Down-Air,down-Throw,Maybe up-B(basely mario´s up-B but instead of coins and hit with his hand it will be the needle instead)
and 2-3 pile attacks:
N-B,up-Throw or F-Throw, maybe a Air attack

rest is melee doctor mario

FS i am still alittle unsure about but right now it is just Brawl mario´s but replaced the fireballs with needles
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on April 27, 2013, 02:56:52 AM
If u put him over dedede he could throw viruses xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on April 28, 2013, 03:50:54 PM
to those who still living under a rock, articles are starting to be portable!
(http://i40.tinypic.com/34dmxyo.jpg)
not quite perfect, the grapfic only loads when the owner of the article is in stage
(http://i41.tinypic.com/18hemb.jpg)
this is without rob in stage

still unable to add articles but port articles over the main "special B" article works

ALL THANKS FOR PW, i just ported his work to pal version
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on April 28, 2013, 05:02:44 PM
Juri Han PSA beta Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cY3trVpp-w#)

Super poor quality.... just a preview of how much thats done. Not a lot left, but I wont have it done by my original deadline(today)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on April 28, 2013, 05:25:48 PM
maybe nano wants to make a preview, since you're teammates at infinite
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on April 28, 2013, 08:05:34 PM
I don't know if he 'wants' to, but sure, I'll ask him.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on April 28, 2013, 09:02:45 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on April 28, 2013, 05:02:44 PM
Juri Han PSA beta Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cY3trVpp-w#)

Super poor quality.... just a preview of how much thats done. Not a lot left, but I wont have it done by my original deadline(today)
Your animations are amazing great job
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on April 28, 2013, 10:31:33 PM
Quote from: Kagemaru on April 28, 2013, 08:05:34 PMI don't know if he 'wants' to, but sure, I'll ask him.
Maybe that will make him import the SSFIV model. >.> I would mind the original texture too...

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 28, 2013, 05:02:44 PMJuri Han PSA beta Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cY3trVpp-w#) Super poor quality.... just a preview of how much thats done. Not a lot left, but I wont have it done by my original deadline(today)
If Nano can't do it, I could. It's not a capture device, but I can record better quality than what you have. :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on May 01, 2013, 02:31:49 AM
Might as well, right?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on May 01, 2013, 06:23:33 AM
Her idle arm... move it in a way that it doesn't really change its position even though the body may be moving... That way it seems like its... actually idle.

Her waving arm, the way I see it is that its supposed to be a BIG wave... so you may wanna have her whole arm move instead of just the forearm. If its supposed to be a small wave then you may wanna tone down the arc it has. Take a look at Peach's victory animation for an example...

Aside from that, the jump looks pretty nice. Also, a trick I learned for keeping feet in place...

Since she doesn't seem to be moving her lower body at all until she's ready to jump, a way to keep her feet in place is to copy the idle standing pose (what I'm guessing is frame 1) and past it on two frames right next to each other just before she STARTS to jump. You'll have to cut all the extra key frames of the rest of her upper body out though.. but you'll end up having her entire lower body not move at all since from what I can see she's supposed to be being still.

Though its different if her wave is supposed to be moving her body. If thats the case, you may wanna have the momentum/force of her wave lift her up from one side to side a bit as she waves...

Its all about how you wanna portray Shiki.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on May 01, 2013, 12:50:10 PM
I know how to keep her legs still. But I don't want her legs to be COMPLETELY still. Though keeping things in the relatively same position is tedious work...

I look at sprite sheets from both the DS Version and the iOS version when I made these animations, which helps
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on May 01, 2013, 03:38:39 PM
I think that hand placement of the arm she's waving with seems weird.
Also, Shiki yay
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on May 03, 2013, 02:58:02 PM
added afew bones to doctor mario model for his coming moveset:
(http://i.imgur.com/FmSzHmy.png)
soon rigged
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 03, 2013, 10:02:23 PM
a pretty neat animation I did to my machinima. kinda spoilerish!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

dat specmap <3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on May 03, 2013, 10:43:52 PM
i like the idea of the hammer getting larger as you charge it. that is quite awesome.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 03, 2013, 11:02:55 PM
Quote from: Ultraxwing on May 03, 2013, 10:43:52 PM
i like the idea of the hammer getting larger as you charge it. that is quite awesome.
why thank you :D

I loved that idea so I am making that just because to one scene in my machinima!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on May 04, 2013, 03:41:09 AM
Quote from: pikazz on May 03, 2013, 10:02:23 PM
a pretty neat animation I did to my machinima. kinda spoilerish!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

dat specmap <3
I know u probably answered this a bunch but what psa is this? like king jigglypuff psa or what?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 04, 2013, 09:48:17 AM
Quote from: rax189 on May 04, 2013, 03:41:09 AM
I know u probably answered this a bunch but what psa is this? like king jigglypuff psa or what?
actually, no psa at all! just a animation xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on May 04, 2013, 05:57:24 PM
Phoenix v43-4 by Keromonkey as of 5/4/13

CURRENT MOVES
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side A tilt: Torch kick
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down A tilt: Wake of the Phoenix
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral A (Air): Raze Kiss
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up A (air): Phoenix Somersault
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up A (Smash): Cosmic Avatar (Phoenix Crest)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B (ground): TK Shot
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B (hold, ground): TK Phantasm (TK Illusion)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up B: Phoenix Star (or Rise of the Phoenix)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side B (ground): Triple TK Shot
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B (Air): Blaze Cannon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B + A (Air): Healing Sphere (WIP)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[/spoiler]

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on May 05, 2013, 08:17:31 PM
Quote from: Keromonkey on May 04, 2013, 05:57:24 PM
Phoenix v43-4 by Keromonkey as of 5/4/13

CURRENT MOVES
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side A tilt: Torch kick
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down A tilt: Wake of the Phoenix
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral A (Air): Raze Kiss
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up A (air): Phoenix Somersault
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up A (Smash): Cosmic Avatar (Phoenix Crest)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B (ground): TK Shot
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B (hold, ground): TK Phantasm (TK Illusion)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up B: Phoenix Star (or Rise of the Phoenix)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side B (ground): Triple TK Shot
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B (Air): Blaze Cannon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral B + A (Air): Healing Sphere (WIP)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[/spoiler]



Hey man, this looks pretty great. Will be testing it out as I freaking love Phoenix. Good Job.

Thought I'll post this here as I havent posted anything here before.

(http://i.imgur.com/xovf4VC.gif)

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Spex130 on May 05, 2013, 09:57:30 PM
Quote from: jrush64 on May 05, 2013, 08:17:31 PM
Hey man, this looks pretty great. Will be testing it out as I freaking love Phoenix. Good Job.

Thought I'll post this here as I havent posted anything here before.


That looks like it took an unholy amount of time. Wow. Nice job!

While I'm here, can anyone point me toward a tutorial that will teach me variables and their use? I want to use them as booleans to test out creating charge attacks and chained moves, but I need to know which type I should use and the difference between all of them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on May 05, 2013, 11:37:50 PM
@ Jrush64: Thanks! Please let me know your thoughts on it on the forum post if you can http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=57997.msg1117741#msg1117741, (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=57997.msg1117741#msg1117741,) I haven't added Dark Phoenix mode yet but knowing people appreciate what I've made will definitely encourage me to finish it. Nice triple kick slashing combo anim btw.

@Spex130: It has taken an 'unholy amount of effort' ^_^. I've been working on it during my final semester of college (between classes, and from around March 20th, 2013 until this weekend as a hobby). But it's exam time now (and hopefully graduation soon) so updates may lag a bit. Also, Idk if this is what your looking for but I hope it helps: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Variables (http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Variables)


Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on May 06, 2013, 07:10:37 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


reposted this post cuz of the .gif did not worked before but now it does
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on May 06, 2013, 01:40:46 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on May 06, 2013, 07:10:37 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


reposted this post cuz of the .gif did not worked before but now it does
that looks awesome can wait for it
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: LJSTAR on May 06, 2013, 02:27:19 PM
Quote from: jrush64 on May 05, 2013, 08:17:31 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wow, impressive ! I love how the sword spin at the end  :D


Quote from: Mariodk on May 06, 2013, 07:10:37 AM
[spoiler](http://i44.tinypic.com/1f8yyt.gif)
The star is the one from the item, right ? It look really cool, can't wait for the PSA !
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on May 06, 2013, 04:03:57 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on May 06, 2013, 07:10:37 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


reposted this post cuz of the .gif did not worked before but now it does
I can hear the "Course Clear" theme in my head right now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 19, 2013, 09:09:43 PM
okay, I am doing a personal PSA to my brawlsona "pikamaxi, the Dream Knight!"

here is what I have done so far! please note some are beta stages

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


B(Air): Dream Spin
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


UpB: Insta-Sleep (Signature Move)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SideB: Nightmare Punch!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


dont know yet what on DownB and Final Smash should be yet :/ DownB might be a throw or Subsitute :/

some nice touchs!
* He will be tired at 120% and above, have a new wait animation and cant recharge the focus on that animation! but on all the other attacks
* if he is tired and does side taunt (the one jigglypuff spins around), he will actually trip before he does the pose at the end
* if he get hits so he fly away, he will eat a apple which restore 2%. but however, he can easy drop it so the opponent can eat it instead
* He jumps now higher and better aircontrol due the lost for SideB recovery.
* if he dashturn, he can freeze on spot before he runs how long you like it! that way you can save up a dash attack and mindgame your opponent!
[/spoiler]

so, what do you think? :3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on May 19, 2013, 09:21:32 PM
looks good. as for the down-b i sugges tsubstitute. have Pikamaxi rol backwards quickly, dfealing 25 or maybe 10 % to himself, and spawn a sandbag. in air he could do somethign other than substitute. also, for the up-b you should make it so that a sfx or gfx to know it is fully charged

now i will have to decide between KingJigglyPuf for Pikamaxi for my jiggs spot...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 19, 2013, 09:28:28 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler is gone for now on May 19, 2013, 09:21:32 PM
looks good. as for the down-b i sugges tsubstitute. have Pikamaxi rol backwards quickly, dfealing 25 or maybe 10 % to himself, and spawn a sandbag. in air he could do somethign other than substitute. also, for the up-b you should make it so that a sfx or gfx to know it is fully charged

now i will have to decide between KingJigglyPuf for Pikamaxi for my jiggs spot...
I'd go with Pikamaxi. KJP is unbalanced. xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on May 19, 2013, 09:31:15 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 19, 2013, 09:28:28 PM
I'd go with Pikamaxi. KJP is unbalanced. xD

exactly :P its so fun to play as.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on May 19, 2013, 09:47:33 PM
GIVE HER HYPER VOICE (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iVs59KqYlnY/Tr5yidy4_TI/AAAAAAAABKk/eV-UP2P8dUM/s200/Jigglypuff_Hyper_Voice.png) lol jk but keep up good work
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 20, 2013, 05:49:50 AM
Quote from: SonicBrawler is gone for now on May 19, 2013, 09:21:32 PM
looks good. as for the down-b i sugges tsubstitute. have Pikamaxi rol backwards quickly, dfealing 25 or maybe 10 % to himself, and spawn a sandbag. in air he could do somethign other than substitute. also, for the up-b you should make it so that a sfx or gfx to know it is fully charged

now i will have to decide between KingJigglyPuf for Pikamaxi for my jiggs spot...
I have actually think to do the subsitute that one you use the attack, you spawn a sandbag and roll away! not sure if he will do that in air. but if he will do that in air, he will do the "guard" in air
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on May 21, 2013, 04:17:39 AM
Third part still has minor details being worked out, but it's relatively done
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on May 22, 2013, 06:46:02 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/55CD4OO.png)
cuz i dont got other ideas for a entry and kinda dont wanted pipe entry for dr. mario
and was watching dr. who so why not that entry
but making a pipe extra version for doctor mario still (just brawl mario´s)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on May 22, 2013, 06:57:02 PM
This was going on through my head, but what if he rode in on a hospital stretcher?
(http://www2.hill-rom.com/canada/Stretchers/images/Procedural_480x360.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on May 22, 2013, 08:34:42 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on May 22, 2013, 06:57:02 PM
This was going on through my head, but what if he rode in on a hospital stretcher?
(http://www2.hill-rom.com/canada/Stretchers/images/Procedural_480x360.jpg)
good idea but i already made:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


now just needing help with this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59661.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59661.0)
and doctor mario PSA is soon done
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 23, 2013, 12:09:56 AM
almost done with subsitute
(http://i44.tinypic.com/2up3ii0.jpg)
simply add a sandbag and hurts you 20%

its just that I need to correct the "dodge" afterward! want to do that if you hold on "b", you roll forward, if you hold on shield bottons you stepdodge or no buttons at all result roll backwards!
yet the only working is the backroll D:

and I am not done yet, if you are in tired mode(over 100%) you cant do more subsitutes!
instead you will actually fall asleep to rest and heal HP as long you hold on the B button like each 4 frames heals 2%. after that I only have the rest of metronome and final left.

still dont know what I should use as final smash :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on May 23, 2013, 12:17:56 AM
Quote from: Mariodk on May 22, 2013, 08:34:42 PM
good idea but i already made:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


now just needing help with this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59661.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59661.0)
and doctor mario PSA is soon done
Maybe not make it have the Dr. Who texture and make it into a regular-colored phone booth?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on May 24, 2013, 06:20:30 AM
Thought this was worthy of sharing with everyone!

Showcasing a little Ares progress...
Finally got my explosive fireball to work  :yay: :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And the Up Smash looks cool too:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Enjoy the eye candy!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on May 24, 2013, 09:32:27 AM
Issues with 3ds max has resulted in me having to start building/making Simon Belmont's model over again. :(

This time, I'm building him in Maya.
(http://i.imgur.com/tTRDjP5.png)

Edit: BTW, there are some parts I can salvage from the model I made from my previous PC, but not all of it. :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 24, 2013, 11:39:56 PM
okay, screw subsitute! here comes Pain Split instead!
it takes ½ of pikamaxi % and give it to the opponent on hit! it also heals same amount of % on hit!

also, this time I did a PSA preview on video!
Pikamaxi - the Dream Knight PSA (Beta) [Brawl Hack] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDM8rPja97w#ws)

you should totally see the Pain Split! I totally love it :srs:
Quote from: Omniscient X on May 24, 2013, 06:20:30 AM
Thought this was worthy of sharing with everyone!

Showcasing a little Ares progress...
Finally got my explosive fireball to work  :yay: :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And the Up Smash looks cool too:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Enjoy the eye candy!
-Omni
oh damn! I really love the flame effect!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 25, 2013, 12:22:15 AM
Quote from: pikazz on May 24, 2013, 11:39:56 PM
okay, screw subsitute! here comes Pain Split instead!
it takes ½ of pikamaxi % and give it to the opponent on hit! it also heals same amount of % on hit!

Nicely done! Looking forward to poking into all your subactions and seeing how exactly you did everything you did.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on May 25, 2013, 12:23:03 AM
pikazz that psa seemes  broken as hell lol you can instasleep everyone then pain split your damage  or just kill them off easily lol your oponents need to either be constantly jumping or they wont even be able to fight lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 25, 2013, 12:24:28 AM
Quote from: Carnage on May 25, 2013, 12:23:03 AM
pikazz that psa seemes  broken as hell lol you can instasleep everyone then pain split your damage  or just kill them off easily lol your oponents need to either be constantly jumping or they wont even be able to fight lol
Did you even read the video?

It has a recharge time, like ROB's laser or Wario's Waft.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on May 25, 2013, 12:37:30 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 25, 2013, 12:24:28 AM
Did you even read the video?

It has a recharge time, like ROB's laser or Wario's Waft.
even with recharge healing  like 40 to 50% possibly more and trasmiting them to your oponent  is still to OP and getting a free hit on your oponent  every 5 or 6 seconds is still to much , in the video it seemed it took like 4 seconds to fully charge the focus, even if it was 20 seconds its still to op to do instasleep to everyone.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ninka_kiwi on May 25, 2013, 12:39:13 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 24, 2013, 09:32:27 AM
Issues with 3ds max has resulted in me having to start building/making Simon Belmont's model over again. :(

This time, I'm building him in Maya.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: BTW, there are some parts I can salvage from the model I made from my previous PC, but not all of it. :/

Still think that you should model Simon to look something like this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I personally think it's a nice fusion of all his designs and also doesn't look dumb.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 25, 2013, 08:09:51 AM
I believe I was the first one who did the flawless Damage Dealer thats all depence on % on the shortest lines!
Quote from: Carnage on May 25, 2013, 12:23:03 AM
pikazz that psa seemes  broken as hell lol you can instasleep everyone then pain split your damage  or just kill them off easily lol your oponents need to either be constantly jumping or they wont even be able to fight lol
actually, the opponent can wake up just before the Nightmare Punch if they are button smashing. even at 100% they can wake up before the hit. the dedede in on the video were "controlled" and didnt buttonsmashed it

also, the pain split isnt that powerful! sure it can deal alot of damage but its a wild card! you need to have ALOT of damage, a double amount of % of you want to give! and the knockback on the attack is fixed so the opponent will actually move before pikamaxi can move and pikamaxi can easy be knockout at 80-100%
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on May 25, 2013, 12:52:49 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on May 25, 2013, 09:45:10 PM
Quote from: pikazz on May 25, 2013, 08:09:51 AM
I believe I was the first one who did the flawless Damage Dealer thats all depence on % on the shortest lines!actually, the opponent can wake up just before the Nightmare Punch if they are button smashing. even at 100% they can wake up before the hit. the dedede in on the video were "controlled" and didnt buttonsmashed it

also, the pain split isnt that powerful! sure it can deal alot of damage but its a wild card! you need to have ALOT of damage, a double amount of % of you want to give! and the knockback on the attack is fixed so the opponent will actually move before pikamaxi can move and pikamaxi can easy be knockout at 80-100%
seeing how i think your codding is i bet your pain split will also work against boxes/sandbag and anything that has an hurtbox right? i bet you can pain split on boxes and open the box with the damage xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on May 26, 2013, 02:43:35 AM
Carnage makes a decent point, with that in mind you could technically revert your damage to around 0% as long as you had things to hit, actually you'd approach 0 but never actually get to it seeing as 0 effectively is your limit unless the game rounds in terms of damage which I don't believe it does!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 26, 2013, 02:51:35 AM
Maybe he could use an If Statement that if he's near an Item, then the collision would terminate without activating?

Set Loop Infinite
If: Light Item is in Grabbing Range
Terminate Collisions
EndIf
If: Heavy Item is in Grabbing Range
Terminate Collisions
EndIf
Synchronous Timer: frames=1
Execute Loop
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 26, 2013, 09:53:43 AM
Quote from: Carnage on May 25, 2013, 09:45:10 PM
seeing how i think your codding is i bet your pain split will also work against boxes/sandbag and anything that has an hurtbox right? i bet you can pain split on boxes and open the box with the damage xD
makes actually sense to give it to items on hit will give also the same of % on the item if they have collusiondata! like sandbag, party ball or dangerbox. even articles like waddle dees, waddle doos, links bomb ect.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 26, 2013, 02:51:35 AM
Maybe he could use an If Statement that if he's near an Item, then the collision would terminate without activating?

Set Loop Infinite
If: Light Item is in Grabbing Range
Terminate Collisions
EndIf
If: Heavy Item is in Grabbing Range
Terminate Collisions
EndIf
Synchronous Timer: frames=1
Execute Loop

that code will make the attack not hit if the item and the opponent are in same range if both are! D:
arent they any "flag" data on collusion that can enable/disable hit items?

if you all are against attacking items/dededes minions ect, I can try to find a flagdata or disable the healing if any items are in close range!

Quote from: Omniscient X on May 26, 2013, 02:43:35 AM
Carnage makes a decent point, with that in mind you could technically revert your damage to around 0% as long as you had things to hit, actually you'd approach 0 but never actually get to it seeing as 0 effectively is your limit unless the game rounds in terms of damage which I don't believe it does!
-Omni
thats the point of pain split! split the current % to give the ½ to the opponent.
however, I know its suppose to split all the % and share it equally but do the limitation, I cant take the opponents % in the calcutation into the players PAC file :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on May 27, 2013, 02:05:49 PM
You can use a Special Offensive Collision to make it unable to hit items, walls, floors, etc. Try it in BrawlBox. Specifically, make the effect in BrawlBox by ticking the correct flags, then copy the hex value over to the Special Flags section of the hitbox data in PSA. Close BrawlBox, save in PSA.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 27, 2013, 04:57:07 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on May 27, 2013, 02:05:49 PM
You can use a Special Offensive Collision to make it unable to hit items, walls, floors, etc. Try it in BrawlBox. Specifically, make the effect in BrawlBox by ticking the correct flags, then copy the hex value over to the Special Flags section of the hitbox data in PSA. Close BrawlBox, save in PSA.
good thing I used special offensive collision then xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: _Data_Drain_ on May 30, 2013, 06:18:06 PM
Quote from: Carnage on May 25, 2013, 12:37:30 AM
even with recharge healing  like 40 to 50% possibly more and trasmiting them to your oponent  is still to OP and getting a free hit on your oponent  every 5 or 6 seconds is still to much , in the video it seemed it took like 4 seconds to fully charge the focus, even if it was 20 seconds its still to op to do instasleep to everyone.
Pretty good point.

Even if you don't do Pain Split. That's still a VERY powerful tool to just whip out of nowhere... Even with the charge time. It's like a better version of Peach's final smash (for the sleeping part). With no Smashball needed.

Also... I am not a fan of the idea of this character randomly being able to heal when hit. It's just kinda... Odd.

Also, I feel the transformation should have a bit more... Transition... It looks weird when Jigglypuff is just instantly replaced with Dusknoir.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 30, 2013, 06:52:59 PM
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on May 30, 2013, 06:18:06 PM
Pretty good point.

Even if you don't do Pain Split. That's still a VERY powerful tool to just whip out of nowhere... Even with the charge time. It's like a better version of Peach's final smash (for the sleeping part). With no Smashball needed.

Also... I am not a fan of the idea of this character randomly being able to heal when hit. It's just kinda... Odd.

Also, I feel the transformation should have a bit more... Transition... It looks weird when Jigglypuff is just instantly replaced with Dusknoir.
I am not done with the Grapfics. I always do the grapfics last to know that the basic raw stuff works, grapfics is just for show you know

also, the opponent doesnt sleep THAT long, its way shorter than peach final smash and more shorter if the opponent buttom smashes! and it is actually hard to hit the Nightmare Punch with the Instasleep (yes, its ment to be a combo! like Sakurai's DK with SideB and B)

Pain Split can be actually dangerous to use because its a wild card, if you have to much % you can easy get burst out the stage! but you deal tons of % together with heal on hit.
but its completely useless on small %.
and the funny thing, the opponent will be able to control first (and its always the same knockback) before pikamaxi can move and he can be easy killed at 80-90%, even at 50% Ganondorfs SideSmash is dangerous

my personal PSA is based of my Brawlsonas Ability and my Virtual XIII video
VII: The Dream Knight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdDmpKHYCA#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on May 30, 2013, 09:59:23 PM
The auto-heal when launched isn't actually all that great. Anyone who can combo can easily launch Pikamaxi away from the food he just dropped and grab it themselves. That plus he'll miss his own food if he DIs at all.

But yeah, Insta-sleep is a bit too fast to be reasonable. There's no time to even jump. Give 10 frames at least before the hitbox comes out.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 30, 2013, 10:36:06 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on May 30, 2013, 09:59:23 PM
The auto-heal when launched isn't actually all that great. Anyone who can combo can easily launch Pikamaxi away from the food he just dropped and grab it themselves. That plus he'll miss his own food if he DIs at all.

But yeah, Insta-sleep is a bit too fast to be reasonable. There's no time to even jump. Give 10 frames at least before the hitbox comes out.
the attack is called insta-sleep for that reason! being superfast! faster than a blick of a eye!
however, it is a 10 frame before the hitbox however just to not have it too overpowered
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 30, 2013, 11:36:07 PM
I've decided to take a break from Raptor again. So I'm working on a short PSA in the meantime...

This started out as a mere personal test, but I've decided to release this when I'm done.

Now let's get to the previews.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on May 31, 2013, 01:00:34 AM
I just may get that. Yoshi lacks any decent PSA's.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on May 31, 2013, 01:30:07 AM
are you going to give him a newer up-b?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 31, 2013, 01:40:35 AM
Quote from: DMC Dante (SonicBrawler) on May 31, 2013, 01:30:07 AMare you going to give him a newer up-b?
No.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on May 31, 2013, 01:42:44 AM
Quote from: KingJigglyTits on May 31, 2013, 01:40:35 AM
No.
well fine then .-.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 31, 2013, 01:51:47 AM
Quote from: DMC Dante (SonicBrawler) on May 31, 2013, 01:42:44 AMwell fine then .-.
I wasn't intending to be mean. .-.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on May 31, 2013, 01:55:29 AM
Quote from: KingJigglyTits on May 31, 2013, 01:51:47 AM
I wasn't intending to be mean. .-.
oh okay.

well since you are not then i guess i will. although i dont really know what to do for it lol

anyway, i guess i will now play as yoshi since you, you know, wont stink.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 03, 2013, 05:25:05 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/ewiWd1R.png) if you can see the changes you get a cookie xD and will be used for psa for him
its something about Rig and Made only for PSA
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 03, 2013, 05:37:04 PM
The antenna thing on Kid Buu's head will be rigged?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 03, 2013, 05:40:54 PM
Quote from: KingJigglyTits on June 03, 2013, 05:37:04 PM
The antenna thing on Super Buu's head will be rigged?
fixed

yes+ its oneslot bones for Kid buu/Super buu/the absorbs of Super buu´s antenna(since his antenna thing is not same size on these 3 so it will be oneslot size/translation on the bones for that)
aswell as Finger bones,alot better boneset for Buu so it can be alot better
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on June 03, 2013, 07:19:24 PM
Looking awesome. Cant wait to use it for my psa over kirby
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 08, 2013, 05:20:31 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/JtREC1W.png)
Never thought I'd get to this part with Simon. Though you can't see it in this shot, I rebuilt most of the model in Maya and it looks much better.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on June 08, 2013, 05:25:36 PM
will you even be able to send maya dae to bb?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 08, 2013, 05:49:22 PM
There's already a way; http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=58027.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=58027.0)

Almost out of the adjustment phase meaning soon I'll be making stuff at a faster rate.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 09, 2013, 10:09:49 AM
Quote from: Mariodk on June 09, 2013, 10:05:06 AM
Not just for vegeta updates
but for any DBZ moveset that needs that kinda of aura
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

but it using alot of bones xD so maybe on Gotenks i can´t have oneslot aura effect (if not it dont hurt to add like +50 more bones to a charater model)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: superben2008 on June 09, 2013, 12:17:57 PM
gonna try a kratos psa
working on wait animation.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul4emcnutlsjmkx/BrawlboxScreencap0.png (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul4emcnutlsjmkx/BrawlboxScreencap0.png)
my first animation. well its a still for now once i learn how to move his body more. to make it look like in the games.

edit. its gonna be over ike. in my brawl it will be over dedede.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on June 09, 2013, 05:13:51 PM
[censored] MDK. Awesome.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 11, 2013, 06:52:17 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/piVkLAa.png)
Never thought I'd get to this point.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KGN Nappdagg on June 11, 2013, 03:45:00 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 11, 2013, 06:52:17 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/piVkLAa.png)
Never thought I'd get to this point.
Nice!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Angelglory on June 14, 2013, 02:31:15 PM
Only just a little teaser at the moment
AG's Brawl Hacks: Like a Boss (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyhYPJ4P1Q#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 14, 2013, 02:49:11 PM
Quote from: Angelglory on June 14, 2013, 02:31:15 PM
Only just a little teaser at the moment
AG's Brawl Hacks: Like a Boss (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyhYPJ4P1Q#ws)
amazing
now just his new attacks we saw in the videos xD

Post Merge: June 14, 2013, 06:09:03 PM

Quote from: Mariodk on June 14, 2013, 05:56:49 PM
mainly preview of the new super buu Rig(only for moveset):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

only Face left to rig/make bones for
but ported most of the animetions from kid buu´s animetions and animted fingers/soon horn on some aswell


1 thing for sure about megaman
he is sure WIP right after my codeset is done with v1
Quote from: Mariodk on June 14, 2013, 07:18:37 PM
ohh yeah i forgot to add the new down-Air:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

the old down-air on kid buu moveset is the up-B(flying downwards)

also on the Horn thingy got oneslot animetions
it resize bigger if on Kid/Super buu
but if on "insert Absorb" Buu (that buu with the big horn) it just stay the same size
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mephisto on June 19, 2013, 05:22:29 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on June 22, 2013, 12:37:06 AM
Finally Some Progress! (Shiki Misaki PSA Update) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC7CPaR2Q_4#)

I hope a few select people will shut up after seeing this video...

If you're wondering, I only applied PSA edits to the Jab. The rest of her moves save for the Specials have been animated already.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on June 22, 2013, 10:01:34 PM
just posting this here
Quote from: Carnage on June 22, 2013, 04:43:28 PM
So i have this gyarados idea since day one since i love gyarados, i mean who doesn't? he looks badass

So i have been messing around with flygon's great import and i made this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i did some other animations, mainly for movement,guard and jumps but animation is not my cup of tea , i never know how to do things look alive at all so anyone that wants to help me animate this beast pls reply  the moveset isnt still defined but im thinking of porting him over mario now that mario can be rel ported anywhere thanks to PW and use mario downB fluud so gyarados can charge and shoot a hydro pump and it will do damage so its not useless like mario fludd and other ideas are waterfall or bounce for upB, but like i said im still thinking, anyone with ideas for the moveset or that wants to animate pls let me know.



Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 24, 2013, 03:56:12 AM
Never posted in here before but meh
Progress for Sasuke Uchiha(EMS) over Marth.
Video:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Things done so far:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

To Do list:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Albafika on June 24, 2013, 12:17:08 PM
Cleared 2 and a half pages of Off-Topic. Do not do that again. Off-Topic is Off-Topic because people subscribed to the Channel come to see previews, not to see a discussion of a problem.

EDIT: Since the Discussion seemed to be fruitious for PSAers, it can continue in this thread:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60569.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60569.0)

Instead of debating that stuff here in the future, just go and make a thread on that section. :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 25, 2013, 02:19:28 AM
I forgot about this model for the past 12ish days to fix up Simon, so I worked on it more over the weekend and today and here I am.

(http://i.imgur.com/0XsWaQJ.png)

Mirror modeling FTW
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on June 25, 2013, 03:30:09 AM
Bro why don't you just rip a Megaman model?  Then work with that!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 25, 2013, 03:38:47 AM
There's no suitable model of classic Mega Man. Besides, this is more rewarding and doing it from scratch gives me total control over it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on June 25, 2013, 03:44:24 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 25, 2013, 03:38:47 AM
There's no suitable model of classic Mega Man.
Not even GBC's Megaman over Pit?

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 25, 2013, 03:38:47 AMBesides, this is more rewarding and doing it from scratch gives me total control over it.
True. Besides, you can experiment more with modeling and learn more.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 25, 2013, 05:50:19 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 25, 2013, 02:19:28 AM
I forgot about this model for the past 12ish days to fix up Simon, so I worked on it more over the weekend and today and here I am.

(http://i.imgur.com/0XsWaQJ.png)

Mirror modeling FTW
GBC making a alot better one now:
Quote from: GBC on June 24, 2013, 06:51:02 PM
heres some megaman


(http://i.imgur.com/nWANqUP.png)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on June 25, 2013, 06:58:39 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 25, 2013, 03:38:47 AM
There's no suitable model of classic Mega Man. Besides, this is more rewarding and doing it from scratch gives me total control over it.
I really meant you could use a ripped one as more of a base you'd still have control, but that's reason enough for me, I'm impressed with your work sir.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on June 26, 2013, 04:22:36 AM
Welp, I guess this is good enough to show:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on June 26, 2013, 08:44:01 AM
some more gyarados animations

up tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


squat wait
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


down tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


side tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


his single jab
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


i know its side tilt looks kinda bland but i will try to make it look more alive if i can, right now im trying to do all attacks and then i will perfect the animations that need it.

and gammaa psa with a hunting knife should be preety fun seeing him stab everyone :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on June 26, 2013, 10:51:37 AM
his legs look weird where they connect with the hip, the should go straight down, instead of that odd curved way... other than that i like a lot how it looks, kind of a mix between classic and X?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 26, 2013, 05:03:46 PM
I'm using the proportions as seen in the artwork of the NES Mega Man games and MVC, rather than the NES sprites like Sakurai and co.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Any references to X are unintentional and coincidental.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on June 27, 2013, 04:16:35 AM
Quote from: Carnage on June 26, 2013, 08:44:01 AM
some more gyarados animations

up tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


squat wait
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


down tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


side tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


his single jab
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


i know its side tilt looks kinda bland but i will try to make it look more alive if i can, right now im trying to do all attacks and then i will perfect the animations that need it.

and gammaa psa with a hunting knife should be preety fun seeing him stab everyone :P

Tail needs more of a snapping motion in his Side-Tilt. It needs to be quicker.

-and WTH is his D-Tilt?

Just being honest man.

@EY:

Uhm...I'm not going to comment on your model work. To put it simply, if I did, I would be making an ass of myself no matter how civil I am about it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on June 27, 2013, 07:23:13 AM
Quote from: Velen on June 27, 2013, 04:16:35 AM
Tail needs more of a snapping motion in his Side-Tilt. It needs to be quicker.

-and WTH is his D-Tilt?

Just being honest man.


down tilt is a lower bit and yeah i know side tilt looks preety bland i will try to improve the animation when i have all of his attacks done.

Special low hydro pump in the ground

start
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Charge
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


fire
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


fire Full
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


RevenantGenesis epic down smash(earthquake)

charge
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lw4
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on June 27, 2013, 05:04:28 PM
Finished the hands. Still hard to notice any real differences, so I made this GIF using my fancy nonexistent Photoshop skills

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on June 27, 2013, 05:10:02 PM
Quote from: Gamma on June 27, 2013, 05:04:28 PM
Finished the hands. Still hard to notice any real differences, so I made this GIF using my fancy nonexistent Photoshop skills

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hmm...I wouldn't mind detailing his texture further once you got his UVs in order.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on June 27, 2013, 05:14:26 PM
That'd be cool, he only has the one texture and it's only 256x256, so he can use some extra resolution. I'll break down his UVs into separate maps and we can go from there.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on June 29, 2013, 06:04:26 PM
Early Preview. I dont really know why no one did this before.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on June 30, 2013, 02:22:55 PM
on olimar?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on June 30, 2013, 02:24:20 PM
Yup! On oli
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on June 30, 2013, 02:39:16 PM
finaly managed to make mario fludd water to come out of gyarados mouth

gyarados using hydro pump
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on June 30, 2013, 05:17:08 PM
darn, not gonna be using that psa i guess, since my wii freezes as soon as a fludd or squirtle water is used...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on June 30, 2013, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: superben2008 on June 09, 2013, 12:17:57 PM
gonna try a kratos psa
working on wait animation.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul4emcnutlsjmkx/BrawlboxScreencap0.png (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul4emcnutlsjmkx/BrawlboxScreencap0.png)
my first animation. well its a still for now once i learn how to move his body more. to make it look like in the games.

edit. its gonna be over ike. in my brawl it will be over dedede.

Just last year I came up with the idea of Kratos being over Link.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on June 30, 2013, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: joke king on June 30, 2013, 05:17:08 PM
darn, not gonna be using that psa i guess, since my wii freezes as soon as a fludd or squirtle water is used...
lol? thats the wierdest bug i ever saw that water moves freeze
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 30, 2013, 09:39:57 PM
Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on June 30, 2013, 09:33:56 PMJust last year I came up with the idea of Kratos being over Link.
Congratulations! You just replied to a post that was made 3 weeks ago! =D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on July 01, 2013, 11:20:55 AM
gyarados twister
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

he generates the twister in front of the high part of the body and then the twister will go downward and when it its the floor  it will follow the ground like in the second picture,  in the air he throws it diagonaly down  and then it follows the ground  the only thing i cant make it do is multihit if anyone knows how to make mario fireball continue after hitting an oponent please tell me since the fireball disapears once it connects with someone.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 02, 2013, 02:26:15 PM
Quote from: justadood on July 02, 2013, 06:06:07 AM
bro... do you take requests??? ^^"
This is not the thread to be making requests on. Take it to the A/A Requests/Ideas boards.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on July 03, 2013, 03:28:38 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

the cape FS is almost done on SMBZ mario v4
i got the animetions to work just like as on the article on Super Sonic FS
now just moving part so he move like as Super Sonic FS

also got this to work:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

the (no powerup mode) FS
use a star and move around damage anyone you touches
while you can do you own attacks
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on July 03, 2013, 04:11:45 PM
looking good sir.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on July 03, 2013, 04:18:58 PM
Can't wait. Will making fire mode skins be as easy at it was for v3?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on July 03, 2013, 05:00:14 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on July 03, 2013, 04:18:58 PM
Can't wait. Will making fire mode skins be as easy at it was for v3?
no since i have changed alot of bone IDs on this model
like cape is a part of mario´s model now aswell as Hammer
but it will be easy if you know how to merge objects in brawlbox
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: justadood on July 04, 2013, 05:44:08 AM
i'm crying QwQ ... it's just so beautiful!!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 04, 2013, 12:59:34 PM
>.>

<.<

Raptor Final Smash animation. Which will most likely get ignored.
*The .gif is slower than the actual Animation*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on July 04, 2013, 05:16:50 PM
looks like it will be a nice roar is that to activate something that makes his moves stronger and he is invulnerable during some time correct?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 04, 2013, 05:18:42 PM
Quote from: Carnage on July 04, 2013, 05:16:50 PM
looks like it will be a nice roar is that to activate something that makes his moves stronger and he is invulnerable during some time correct?
Maybe. It depends on how much file size it would take up.

But right now, I'm just thinking of making it activate its Combo System for longer than its Down Special duration.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on July 04, 2013, 09:39:50 PM
gyarados got this move when he was a magikarp xD
the start of bounce
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

landing of bounce
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on July 04, 2013, 09:53:47 PM
Quote from: Carnage on July 04, 2013, 09:39:50 PM
gyarados got this move when he was a magikarp xD
the start of bounce
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

landing of bounce
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


i dont think its splash i think its thunderbolt that Hit with Fire effect XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on July 05, 2013, 09:22:30 AM
Quote from: Mariodk on July 04, 2013, 09:53:47 PM
i dont think its splash i think its thunderbolt that Hit with Fire effect XD
bounce its not splash lol bounce is a move intruduced on gen III but only on gen IV  it was made available by move tutor  and this is the only flying type move gyarados can learn even if he has water/flying lol

just coded the up Aerial Rock smash

first a rock appears over gyarados and he breaks it with his head
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


then the rock gets crushes into 4 pieces that go in diferente directions for a very short time
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on July 05, 2013, 09:26:41 AM
the entry for this PSA should not be he come out of a pokeball
it should be he evolve from a magicap to gyarados
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on July 05, 2013, 02:42:17 PM
I agree with MarioDk that would be epic.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on July 05, 2013, 11:39:05 PM
guess it would be possible lol  not sure i could pull it off tough
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on July 06, 2013, 04:06:58 AM
For the start up animation I think he needs a different wind-up, it seems...awkward and jerky, to be perfectly honest.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KTH on July 08, 2013, 02:30:57 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/WvDcSFr.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/yOwMGJR.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/cYA1kcA.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/gTTNXjs.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/GvOO1Le.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: justadood on July 08, 2013, 10:49:24 PM
lol, it looks like he's holding the black car in that last pic XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on July 09, 2013, 08:53:22 AM
Quote from: justadood on July 08, 2013, 10:49:24 PM
lol, it looks like he's holding the black car in that last pic XD
ssbb just went gods among us!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: justadood on July 09, 2013, 11:49:25 PM
you know, when you look at megaman's eyes, you definitely see that he'd be the first to turn evil... <-<
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 09, 2013, 11:54:31 PM
Quote from: justadood on July 09, 2013, 11:49:25 PM
you know, when you look at megaman's eyes, you definitely see that he'd be the first to turn evil... <-<
What? .-.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: justadood on July 10, 2013, 12:07:52 AM
Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on July 09, 2013, 11:54:31 PM
What? .-.
tell me this isn't the face of a murderer: ._.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/303391_316674195080942_1059727256_n.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 10, 2013, 12:09:53 AM
Quote from: KTH on July 08, 2013, 02:30:57 PM
Snippity snip snip

Something about the way the model looks isn't right.... I think the lighting/reflection should be looked at.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KTH on July 10, 2013, 12:30:26 AM
Quote from: justadood on July 10, 2013, 12:07:52 AM
tell me this isn't the face of a murderer: ._.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/303391_316674195080942_1059727256_n.jpg)
No. That the awesome face.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 10, 2013, 12:09:53 AM
Something about the way the model looks isn't right.... I think the lighting/reflection should be looked at.

Ask this to GBC, not me.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on July 10, 2013, 10:04:16 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/OLbAMai.png)
More progress, albeit slow.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on July 10, 2013, 10:49:40 AM
i'd make the feet exture a bit more to the front, and his wrist thingy looks odd, probably because of using a cylinder's smooth groups.

the face looks really good, i wouldn't touch that anymore, as well as the helmet looks good in shape, maybe clean the edges a bit up, since it has some weird shading around the corners.

overall real good progress, but i think this should be in the custom the model or model workshop threads... even if it's for a PSA, you are showcasing a model...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on July 11, 2013, 11:05:24 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/Lx2MsZe.gif)

Worked on his head a bit today. Gave it a good reshaping, need to add some more geometry in the eyelids though. Modeled his eyes separate from the rest of the head so I can rotate them with bones, isn't really noticeable.

Good god his mouth geometry is terrifying. Haven't finished it yet.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on July 14, 2013, 10:49:19 PM
Replaced my old stuff to this. <.<
Quote from: Anivernage on July 14, 2013, 10:46:15 PM
Ehhh...no i wont port him over ic or pkmt.

Btw Vivian comes to town.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now...to the rel stuff.
Guys ill tell you why i prefer alot the rel port.
1st of all Partners:Theres a high chance olimar can handle 6 partners.
While im having problems with g&w in this stuff.
Partners can have AI so they wont be common articles with no life.

2nd. Look at this pic and tell me which paper mario looks the best (ignore the ssbu mario and generations sonic xD)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 20, 2013, 11:32:11 PM
>.>

<.<

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: somen00b on July 21, 2013, 02:44:50 AM
Shield pit (currently beta):

edit: video up

http://youtu.be/zxHWFWuMmho (http://youtu.be/zxHWFWuMmho)

Doing pit's up taunt gives him a shield that takes damage instead of you. Technically its an item that can be damaged while its in your hand, but PSA changes make it so that you [usually] can't throw it and will do a normal attack as if you didn't have an item if you try.  Raising the shield has a cooldown so its not OP.

Currently working on making the shield apply to enough sub actions to be useful, since the code that makes it protect you has to be entered into each subaction separately.

Also, if anyone knows what subaction(s) correspond to action A, that'd be helpful for me to know.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on July 21, 2013, 03:02:00 AM
Kingy. That... is amazing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 21, 2013, 04:20:49 AM
>.>

<.<

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Quote from: Segtendo on July 21, 2013, 03:02:00 AM
Kingy. That... is amazing.
Thanks, Seg. \o0o/

I don't want to Double Post on this thread, so I'll edit this current post...

Buffed Yoshi Preview Video! \o0o/
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 16, 2013, 06:34:13 PM
Hi everyone! ;D

First of all, I'm planning a huge revamp and overhaul of my Tabuu PSA in the future. He might even have new attacks, animations and features not seen in the Final Release. I've learned a lot about PSA while making King Cold. I've had complaints that Tabuu's awkward to play and underpowered, and I plan to listen to my followers. <3

Speaking of King Cold, I've made massive progress on him recently. I've done his Neutral Aerial, completed his Nentral and Up Special and Final Smash, and started various other things, mainly his Down and Side Specials. He's really been helpful in teaching me how to make, and experiment with, Specials. I still haven't gotten his Counter to work quite right, but I've started to make the actual counterattack itself, for when I do get it to work. I've even slightly updated his textures, and made some cBliss recolors, for those of you who don't follow me on deviantART. I'm aiming to have a beta out for my birthday (Sept. 10th) Snapshots in spoiler. ;D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 03:36:39 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 16, 2013, 06:34:13 PM
Hi everyone! ;D

First of all, I'm planning a huge revamp and overhaul of my Tabuu PSA in the future. He might even have new attacks, animations and features not seen in the Final Release. I've learned a lot about PSA while making King Cold. I've had complaints that Tabuu's awkward to play and underpowered, and I plan to listen to my followers. <3

Speaking of King Cold, I've made massive progress on him recently. I've done his Neutral Aerial, completed his Nentral and Up Special and Final Smash, and started various other things, mainly his Down and Side Specials. He's really been helpful in teaching me how to make, and experiment with, Specials. I still haven't gotten his Counter to work quite right, but I've started to make the actual counterattack itself, for when I do get it to work. I've even slightly updated his textures, and made some cBliss recolors, for those of you who don't follow me on deviantART. I'm aiming to have a beta out for my birthday (Sept. 10th) Snapshots in spoiler. ;D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neat =)
If her turns out to be strong then the Goku PSA might have a tough time beating him, heheh. Someone might have to power Goku up to the next level too ^_^
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 03:54:51 AM
Heh, thanks yah! ;D

And indeed. Although I'm not designing this moveset around Goku, since he's strong but a little sluggish, it would be awesome to see those 2 go at it!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 04:13:33 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 03:54:51 AM
Heh, thanks yah! ;D

And indeed. Although I'm not designing this moveset around Goku, since he's strong but a little sluggish, it would be awesome to see those 2 go at it!

Totally!! Haha ^_^
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 05:25:17 PM
So, Kero, can you link me to your PSA? I wanna try it. ;D

Anyways, what do you guys think? Should I post my animation gifs here too as opposed to just my thread?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on August 17, 2013, 05:35:27 PM
Hey. It's promotion for your thread. Wynaut.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 05:42:34 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 05:25:17 PM
So, Kero, can you link me to your PSA? I wanna try it. ;D

Anyways, what do you guys think? Should I post my animation gifs here too as opposed to just my thread?

Sure, no problem. I've made a few so I'll put them
here>>>
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Phoenix (Over Zelda; 2nd PSA, this is the one that learning from Tabuu helped me alot to create)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Terra (Over Sheik; 3rd PSA)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Princess Amaterasu (Over Peach; this is the 4th and most recent)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 05:57:06 PM
All righty, thanks, Seg. I'll keep that in mind. But I thought "advertising hacks" wasn't allowed. LOL Shows how much I know. XD

Anyway:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 06:02:15 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 05:57:06 PM
All righty, thanks, Seg. I'll keep that in mind. But I thought "advertising hacks" wasn't allowed. LOL Shows how much I know. XD

Anyway:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Pretty nice Tabuu, I hate having to do animating cuz of how frustrating it can be but you seem to have done a decent job ^_^
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 06:05:50 PM
I love animating, personally. That and the actual coding are my fav parts because of how fun and challenging it can be. ;D But I've been animating since, I think, 2009-10 when I first took on Tabuu as a project. XD It takes practice and patience, and lots of those two things. :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on August 17, 2013, 06:07:19 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 05:57:06 PM
All righty, thanks, Seg. I'll keep that in mind. But I thought "advertising hacks" wasn't allowed. LOL Shows how much I know. XD
You're showing off WIP's. That's the point of this thread :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 06:08:55 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on August 17, 2013, 06:07:19 PM
You're showing off WIP's. That's the point of this thread :P

Ok then. So I'm off to make more gifs for both here and my thread. I honestly want feedback. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 06:25:48 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 06:08:55 PM
Ok then. So I'm off to make more gifs for both here and my thread. I honestly want feedback. ;D

If you enjoy the process of animating, I'll be happy to make suggestions. Unfortunately, my eye for detail exceeds my patience when it comes to animating WHILE also trying to code something. I prefer coding, pretty hardcore, lol. Or, at least not to have to do every aspect of character creation on my own. Trying to be a perfectionist at both animating and PSAing is an excruciating and inefficient-feeling endeavor -_____- (for me anyways, lol)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 06:33:30 PM
Quote from: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 06:25:48 PM
If you enjoy the process of animating, I'll be happy to make suggestions. Unfortunately, my eye for detail exceeds my patience when it comes to animating WHILE also trying to code something. I prefer coding, pretty hardcore, lol. Or, at least not to have to do every aspect of character creation on my own. Trying to be a perfectionist at both animating and PSAing is an excruciating and inefficient-feeling endeavor -_____- (for me anyways, lol)

I would love that. The more people who give me suggestions, the better. :)

Here's my Wait 3 and Forward Smash:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 07:46:55 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 06:33:30 PM
I would love that. The more people who give me suggestions, the better. :)

Here's my Wait 3 and Forward Smash:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


No complains with the wait animation, for the second animation I'd suggest making the cape flutter up as he attacks. In real life, that motion would buffet his cape but it looks quite stiff.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 07:51:02 PM
Do you mean move his cape up when he attacks? Cuz I'm not quite sure...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 08:17:02 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 07:51:02 PM
Do you mean move his cape up when he attacks? Cuz I'm not quite sure...

Yes, make the cape move, lol. It looks stiff. (It has bones, right?)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 08:20:59 PM
Of course it does, it's on Ganondorf, who has cape bones. ;)

Ok, I'll do that. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 17, 2013, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 08:20:59 PM
Of course it does, it's on Ganondorf, who has cape bones. ;)

Ok, I'll do that. ;D

Ganon, that makes sense, hehe ^_^
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 17, 2013, 08:31:20 PM
Okay, thank you. :3 I'll modify it right now. :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 18, 2013, 12:02:33 AM
if its ganon cape bones the the cape will move with the wind and it will ignore your animations edits, remenber the cape will never follow your animations if theres wind generated from the movement
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 18, 2013, 12:10:12 AM
Quote from: Carnage on August 18, 2013, 12:02:33 AM
if its ganon cape bones the the cape will move with the wind and it will ignore your animations edits, remenber the cape will never follow your animations if theres wind generated from the movement

Funny, I usually get a mix of both. I try to touch the cape as little as possible, but yeah. Except when there's clipping with it and the tail.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 18, 2013, 02:28:47 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 18, 2013, 12:10:12 AM
Funny, I usually get a mix of both. I try to touch the cape as little as possible, but yeah. Except when there's clipping with it and the tail.


That explains why Peach's hair does partial waving. So what you are saying is it will buffet automatically, all I need to do is move it to avoid clipping. what causes wind to be generated, or is it built into the game that it generates automatically based on movement?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 18, 2013, 07:08:02 PM
Yes. Because Peach's hair has a physics file attached to it, meaning it moves with the wind. Sorta like the capes.

Anyway, expect more Cold gifs later today. I've completely redone Wait2 and heavily edited the second Dash Attack.

Revamped Wait2:
(http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/T_C_Rhade/King%20Cold%20PSA/Wait2_zpsd4beb1d9.gif)

Revamped AttackDash12/Second Dash Attack:
(http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/T_C_Rhade/King%20Cold%20PSA/DashAttack12_zps67d95b5c.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on August 18, 2013, 09:08:23 PM
Rig test for coming moveset:
(http://i.imgur.com/wdRQNST.gif)
now I will do a moveset that don't needing so much skills or anything only base PSA coding
so it wont glich and fail of bugs (like most of my WIP right now)
Dalek moveset is full planed
and animetions super easy to do like wait is basely just a 1 frame animation on the dalek´s T_pose
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: XxTailsxX on August 19, 2013, 02:14:28 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Rigged over pikmins with Cream on Olimar. Antennae movement and rigged wings. 3/5 Pikmin are replaced and I need an idea for the other 2. Im thinking an omachao for one but the other Im clueless. And theres gonna be a pack with Sonic chao, tails chao, knux chao, amy chao, and shadow chao.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 19, 2013, 02:24:51 AM
More gifs:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ?uestion on August 19, 2013, 02:52:44 AM
Those animations look sweet. I was actually just watching DBZ and those are really nice.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 19, 2013, 03:02:30 AM
Quote from: ?uestion on August 19, 2013, 02:52:44 AM
Those animations look sweet. I was actually just watching DBZ and those are really nice.

Haha, thanks. I'm just trying to turn King Cold into the huge badass I thought he would be when I first saw him. lol

EDIT: Major update: COUNTER ALMOST WORKS! I just need to figure out how to reset the damage to what it was before he was hit!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 19, 2013, 04:17:44 AM
Got some Anubis progress though without the model I don't think it belongs in my thread just yet, Randomizer is working on the rig which should be completed soon!

Having some trouble with the Nether Dragon's textures but overall the model and rig works great:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Got some of the attacks done (mostly the sand/tornado related ones):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If anybody knows whats happening with the dragon's textures it'd be awesome if you could tell me a solution.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SwingSet on August 19, 2013, 05:39:51 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 19, 2013, 02:24:51 AM
More gifs:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I haven't been this sexually exited in years. :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 19, 2013, 12:38:48 PM
Quote from: SwingSet on August 19, 2013, 05:39:51 AM
I haven't been this sexually exited in years. :srs:

I lol'd. In real life too. XD But thanks. :)

Later on today I'm gonna try to fix up the healing code. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on August 19, 2013, 06:01:55 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 19, 2013, 02:24:51 AM
More gifs:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Very well done. Can't wait to see more of your animations.  ;)

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 19, 2013, 07:04:47 PM
Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on August 19, 2013, 06:01:55 PM
Very well done. Can't wait to see more of your animations.  ;)


Heh, thanks. ;D I'm glad you like. :) I just hope people will actually try this PSA when I release it. I put it more heart, soul, time and effort that I did with Tabuu himself. To be honest, I kinda rushed Tabuu's last few animations so I could get him out. Now that I look back I'm a bit ashamed and embarrassed that I sacrificed quality like that. D: I won't make the same mistake with King Cold.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 19, 2013, 10:31:23 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on August 18, 2013, 09:08:23 PM
Rig test for coming moveset:
(http://i.imgur.com/wdRQNST.gif)
now I will do a moveset that don't needing so much skills or anything only base PSA coding
so it wont glich and fail of bugs (like most of my WIP right now)
Dalek moveset is full planed
and animetions super easy to do like wait is basely just a 1 frame animation on the dalek´s T_pose
yay! dalek is awesome <3 really want the full version!

remind me what I did saw IRL
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 19, 2013, 10:59:06 PM
@Omnio: That Anubis PSA looks pretty sweet. I love magician-types so when your all set with that I def. wanna give it a try =)

@Tabuu: Yeah, good job with the animations. That knee attack is looking pretty dynamic. He'll be one monster to fight when your through with him, lol.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 19, 2013, 11:02:24 PM
Quote from: Keromonkey on August 19, 2013, 10:59:06 PM
@Tabuu: Yeah, good job with the animations. That knee attack is looking pretty dynamic. He'll be one monster to fight when your through with him, lol.


Heh, receiving feedback is what makes me WANT to keep PSAing. Thanks. <3 I'm trying to make ALL my animations that dynamic and intersting.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 20, 2013, 01:00:31 AM
Quote from: Keromonkey on August 19, 2013, 10:59:06 PM
@Omnio: That Anubis PSA looks pretty sweet. I love magician-types so when your all set with that I def. wanna give it a try =)
Thanks I think it will have a better aesthetic feel when the model is all rigged up, and he's actually built to be more of a bruiser in melee combat with agility and damage racking.  However, I have given him a fair share of "mage-like" abilities that allow you to back up and fight from afar!  I'll add you to the beta tester list lol
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on August 20, 2013, 05:02:41 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 19, 2013, 07:04:47 PM
Heh, thanks. ;D I'm glad you like. :) I just hope people will actually try this PSA when I release it. I put it more heart, soul, time and effort that I did with Tabuu himself. To be honest, I kinda rushed Tabuu's last few animations so I could get him out. Now that I look back I'm a bit ashamed and embarrassed that I sacrificed quality like that. D: I won't make the same mistake with King Cold.

Who's King Cold gonna be over? Ganon is my first guest.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 20, 2013, 05:17:43 AM
Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on August 20, 2013, 05:02:41 AM
Who's King Cold gonna be over? Ganon is my first guest.


Your first guess is the right one. ;) I'm hoping to make this even better and more epic than my (now crappy) Tabuu. XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 21, 2013, 04:15:24 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on August 20, 2013, 01:00:31 AM
Thanks I think it will have a better aesthetic feel when the model is all rigged up, and he's actually built to be more of a bruiser in melee combat with agility and damage racking.  However, I have given him a fair share of "mage-like" abilities that allow you to back up and fight from afar!  I'll add you to the beta tester list lol
-Omni

Cool, I appreciate it

@Tabuu: Anytime, I'd like to see King cold as well. I wonder if Anyone's imported frieza yet, he probably wouldn't be too hard to make a PSA for (just power and a few death balls and beams, lol). Also, Tabuu wasn't crappy. It was EPIC getting to play with the main boss of Smash bros and not have it glitch the F--- out like the semi-rigged version of Amaterasu over Ivysaur :'( :'(, I would like to see it updated (to be able to stand up against some of my PSAs without being SUPER overpowered -like dark pikachu *shiver), but it was good! Like I said, I learned alot by dissecting your Tabuu PSA. It was invaluable.

Edit: BTW so I don't double post, I thought that it might be a good thing to mention.
In my personal categorization system, I consider that there are 4 tiers of character power levels in modded brawl.
Balanced- vanilla mario
Heroic-  
Epic -
God - 1 hit KOs

Explaining the tiers
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on August 21, 2013, 04:42:50 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 20, 2013, 05:17:43 AM
Your first guess is the right one. ;) I'm hoping to make this even better and more epic than my (now crappy) Tabuu. XD

Cool. :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 21, 2013, 12:01:14 PM
Quote from: Keromonkey on August 21, 2013, 04:15:24 AM

@Tabuu: Anytime, I'd like to see King cold as well. I wonder if Anyone's imported frieza yet, he probably wouldn't be too hard to make a PSA for (just power and a few death balls and beams, lol). Also, Tabuu wasn't crappy. It was EPIC getting to play with the main boss of Smash bros and not have it glitch the F--- out like the semi-rigged version of Amaterasu over Ivysaur :'( :'(, I would like to see it updated (to be able to stand up against some of my PSAs without being SUPER overpowered -like dark pikachu *shiver), but it was good! Like I said, I learned alot by dissecting your Tabuu PSA. It was invaluable.

D'aw, thanks man. I really appreciate that. And yeah, someone did import Frieza, over Lucario. I also have another version over Fox for a ported PSA over Ike I'm supposed to be working on. But I just have no motivation. lol. King Cold is a totally different story. XD

Anyway, sometime I'm gonna need beta testers and a video for Cold for when I release his beta. Any takers?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on August 21, 2013, 08:40:56 PM
Well you know what they say
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on August 21, 2013, 09:40:26 PM
..Wow... That animation is so smooth, excluding the gif effect.  There's no way you did that in Brawlbox.  I'm guessing you used the 3ds max animation converter thing and baked an IK rigged animation? 
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on August 21, 2013, 09:44:10 PM
All in brawlbox lad. Never could figure out the animation converter >.>
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on August 21, 2013, 09:46:36 PM
really well done
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SwingSet on August 21, 2013, 10:56:37 PM
Quote from: PervyMan Trigger on August 21, 2013, 08:40:56 PM
Well you know what they say
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'd lie if I say this isn't impressive. Everything you do is impressive, Pervy. :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on August 22, 2013, 03:02:35 AM
Quote from: PervyMan Trigger on August 21, 2013, 08:40:56 PM
Well you know what they say
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Very impressive animation.
How long it take you to make animations like these?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Pervyman Trigger on August 22, 2013, 03:23:28 AM
Well thanks everyone. Glad to know the hard work is paying off
Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on August 22, 2013, 03:02:35 AM
Very impressive animation.
How long it take you to make animations like these?
This string took me about three in a half-four days. Cant remember, I did the first punch a month ago and didn't finish it till now. I could do it much faster but, ya know, brawlbox dosen't use ik handels so i gotta position the feet on every [censored]ing frame
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 22, 2013, 04:00:03 AM
Quote from: PervyMan Trigger on August 22, 2013, 03:23:28 AM
Well thanks everyone. Glad to know the hard work is paying offThis string took me about three in a half-four days. Cant remember, I did the first punch a month ago and didn't finish it till now. I could do it much faster but, ya know, brawlbox dosen't use ik handels so i gotta position the feet on every [censored]ing frame

Wow, the detail in that is very impressive. Were you working on a Luffy PSA? (Was the Luffy over Marth PSA that was already out your handy work?)

@Tabuu: I'd be happy to beta test sometime. Just keep me posted ^_^

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 12:49:51 AM
KJP, I need you for a second again. D: I can't figure out how to subtract a variable damage. D:

Anyway, if I can finish the Specials, and soon, I might release the King Cold beta earlier. ;) I just got done finishing his CSPs and stock icons, and I'm finishing up the readme and some moves.

And...

Quote from: Keromonkey on August 22, 2013, 04:00:03 AM
@Tabuu: I&#039;d be happy to beta test sometime. Just keep me posted ^_^

I'll keep a list of beta testers in my folder. Thanks, Kero. ;)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on August 23, 2013, 04:07:31 AM
Quote from: PervyMan Trigger on August 21, 2013, 08:40:56 PM
Well you know what they say
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

looks great but landing could be a bit better leg looks odd anyways, what happens if hes hit from behind in the midddle of an attack? does he have an animation for pulling his arms and legs back or will it just pop back? cuz idk if u can make him pull his arms and legs back in when hes hit so thats one thing i was curious about
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 23, 2013, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 12:49:51 AM
KJP, I need you for a second again. D: I can't figure out how to subtract a variable damage. D:
You mean like a healing move? Use the Add/Subtract Damage command for that.

Or is it for your counter attack? If so, then click where it says "Scalar". A dropdown box should appear.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 02:54:25 PM
Quote from: KingJigglyBouncingTits on August 23, 2013, 02:39:16 PM
You mean like a healing move? Use the Add/Subtract Damage command for that.

Or is it for your counter attack? If so, then click where it says "Scalar". A dropdown box should appear.

I did that. And yes, it's for my counter. But the damage won't heal. D:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 23, 2013, 03:28:25 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 02:54:25 PMI did that. And yes, it's for my counter. But the damage won't heal. D:
Did you use the variables from Waluigi's counter?

Though you can try using the counter coding from Dragon Yoshi.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 04:09:08 PM
I used the exact same variable. Actually, the code is like this:

Basic Variable Set: LA-Basic[101] = IC-Basic[2] (Current damage, right?)
Basic Variable Subtract: LA-Basic[101] - LA-Basic[100] (The damage before he was hit stored here
Basic Variable Subtract: LA-Basic[101] - 1
Add/Subtract Damage: LA-Basic[101]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 23, 2013, 05:28:50 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 04:09:08 PM
I used the exact same variable. Actually, the code is like this:

Basic Variable Set: LA-Basic[101] = IC-Basic[2] (Current damage, right?)
Basic Variable Subtract: LA-Basic[101] - LA-Basic[100] (The damage before he was hit stored here
Basic Variable Subtract: LA-Basic[101] - 1
Add/Subtract Damage: LA-Basic[101]
Alright.

So what happens? Does it deal self damage? Or does it do nothing?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 06:36:57 PM
Quote from: KingJigglyBouncingTits on August 23, 2013, 05:28:50 PM
Alright.

So what happens? Does it deal self damage? Or does it do nothing?

It does absolutely nothing. I was  thinking it was because it doesn't know whether or not it subtracts or adds, but if that was the error it wouldn't work on yours either.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 23, 2013, 06:38:22 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 06:36:57 PMIt does absolutely nothing. I was  thinking it was because it doesn't know whether or not it subtracts or adds, but if that was the error it wouldn't work on yours either.
So I see.

Try to see if you can play around with it some more.

If you can't get it to work, then I guess I can take a whack at it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 06:41:20 PM
It's the strangest thing, because everything else works. It's like it just ignores the code...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 23, 2013, 07:41:24 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 06:41:20 PM
It's the strangest thing, because everything else works. It's like it just ignores the code...
make sure the code isnt on the last animation frame since most of the time they get ignored if on the last frame
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 08:11:21 PM
Quote from: Carnage on August 23, 2013, 07:41:24 PM
make sure the code isnt on the last animation frame since most of the time they get ignored if on the last frame

It's right at the beginning of the animation. ;)

EDIT: I might have figured it out. I'll test it and edit this post with the results.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on August 24, 2013, 04:26:51 AM
SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus v1.0 Progress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXyqHWPz_FI#)

New Jab, and Aerial Down Special has more use...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 24, 2013, 09:11:48 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 08:11:21 PM
It's right at the beginning of the animation. ;)

EDIT: I might have figured it out. I'll test it and edit this post with the results.
You can always use the Add/Subtract Damage event and set the damage to a variable and then use a seperate subroutine to govern the variable and what you specifically want it to do.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 25, 2013, 02:32:51 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on August 24, 2013, 09:11:48 PM
You can always use the Add/Subtract Damage event and set the damage to a variable and then use a seperate subroutine to govern the variable and what you specifically want it to do.
-Omni

I would gladly try that, but I absolutely despise using subroutines unless absolutely necessary. D: The offsets always change and I end up losing them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 25, 2013, 03:32:50 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 25, 2013, 02:32:51 AM
I would gladly try that, but I absolutely despise using subroutines unless absolutely necessary. D: The offsets always change and I end up losing them.

ehhh, I hate when that happens :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on August 25, 2013, 01:57:57 PM
That's my current problem, too. The offsets change and PSA isn't smart enough to fix it for you. I have 3 lines of code to add to the Wait1, and another 12 to add to the Final Smash, in order to make things work the way I want.

Currently, the Final Smash leaves Lucario frozen on the last frame if it destroys the platform he's standing on. I've been told that the way to fix this is to use Set Air/Ground State: In Air, but I have to disable vertical and horizontal movement and momentum for that, since currently it accomplishes those things using Set Air/Ground State: On Ground. It also lacks the Enter Final Smash state/Exit Final Smash state code, meaning it doesn't remove status effects such as shrink or metal from Lucario when it activates. I was also sort of hoping to add a camera event to it...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on August 25, 2013, 03:59:57 PM
Although it is a problem, it is avoidable.  I remember running into the same issue before.  Each time you add a new event iirc, the offset changes. In the beginning, create more than enough nops that you think you'll need in the subroutine. Or just take notes of which subactions use the subroutine, and of the subroutine offset itself.  Then simply edit the subroutine to your liking.

If you don't like having to fix a bunch of references, you can go with a double reference method.  Instead of the subaction offsetting directly to the main subroutine, it offsets to a reference (offset) to the main subroutine.  Now whenever you change the main subroutine, you simply change the double reference. 
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on August 25, 2013, 04:13:39 PM
bb psa automatically fixes subroutines you guys need to start changing programe imo
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 26, 2013, 01:24:44 AM
By the way, since this is a PSA workshop I wanted to post some of my latest work here, just a few moves

1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

In a great burst, she explodes outwards
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

unleashing her stored up sun energy in divine waves that knock enemies away and send sunbeams out in 180 degrees
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Special*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This move is quite deadly and, if you don't manage to kill them with her underpowered ground final smash this move will usually definitely do the trick. But aim carefully, you only get one shot.
Note: This move can also be accessed by using Glacial Destroyer after a final smash, a DEADLY combo.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[/spoiler]

3 - yes, this is all one move
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

this move has two versions.
Side B press summons one of 13 different spells randomly.
Side B hold charges through each spell sequentially.
The spells are as follows:
Ice Crystal (ice, freeze)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Bolts of Eclipse (dark, and sleep)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ice Beam (freeze)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Raging River (no damage, great force)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Magnet Force (quick, tri-directional, electrically attracts lightning from all directions)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Plasma Spheres (elec., stun)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dual Frost (double freeze spell)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Magic Palm (damages, buries, or instant kills if struck by aura)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Solar Orbs (fire, explode)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Divine Cross (frozen divine cross)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Grand cross (divine cross of fire & ice)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Black Hole (high damage, blows enemies around, sucks them in)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Phoenix Bomb (explosion)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[/spoiler]

For the forum, go here
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 26, 2013, 01:28:25 AM
Those are some impressive graphical effects. o-o
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 26, 2013, 02:50:38 AM
Quote from: KingJigglyBouncingTits on August 26, 2013, 01:28:25 AM
Those are some impressive graphical effects. o-o

Thank you, King Jiggly =), I put alot of effort into getting things as close to perfect as possible

Edit: I had to thank Eternal Yoshi's tut for my learning to import models but I recently found out that since BrawlBox 68 was updated, it can do it way easier and without hexing. Yay to no more hexing! lol

Edit2: Ah, i meant brawl box's ability to import mdl0 models and add graphical effects/textures to .pac files but idk if BB can import/export ext gfx so I use the extgfxeditor.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 26, 2013, 03:19:09 AM
Nice application of Fire01 from the ef_pokemon.pac I've never seen it effectively used until now, congratz   :yay:
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 26, 2013, 03:33:56 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on August 26, 2013, 03:19:09 AM
Nice application of Fire01 from the ef_pokemon.pac I've never seen it effectively used until now, congratz   :yay:
-Omni

Thank you omni ^_^. Do you mean the 'fire atom' or the beam though? I think I was actually looking for either a 2nd beam mdl0 or Ivysaur's leaf gfx when I stumbled across the fire atom, I think. I figured it'd be perfect for realizing certain ideas.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on August 26, 2013, 07:06:57 AM
The Fire01 is the barrage of swirling fire/energy strips in Brawl it's used for the Fire Pokemon Summons moves it's not very obvious, but you seem to have applied it well in this Amaterasu PSA!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on August 26, 2013, 07:48:00 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on August 26, 2013, 07:06:57 AM
The Fire01 is the barrage of swirling fire/energy strips in Brawl it's used for the Fire Pokemon Summons moves it's not very obvious, but you seem to have applied it well in this Amaterasu PSA!
-Omni

Well all the same, thank you very much Omni :) 
*Sincerely flattered*
*Listening to Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (although this last part is irrelevant, lol)*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on September 02, 2013, 01:27:33 PM
(http://i42.tinypic.com/wlx9ow.gif)
a animation on my model with its own skeleton! I got pretty happy about it!

Keromonkey: Holy [censored], those effects were so awesome! teach me : D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on September 02, 2013, 10:08:48 PM
Quote from: pikazz on September 02, 2013, 01:27:33 PM
a animation on my model with its own skeleton! I got pretty happy about it!

Keromonkey: Holy [censored], those effects were so awesome! teach me : D

Teach you!? How can I do that, I'm still puzzling my way through your tutorial on giving Zelda Ganon's Air Side B Throw. If anything, your knowledge of hex exceeds my own (my own = minimal) lol.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on September 03, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
:af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For Leon Exodio's PSA over MK
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on September 03, 2013, 02:15:39 AM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 03, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
:af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For Leon Exodio's PSA over MK

Cool.  :-X
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SwingSet on September 03, 2013, 02:31:54 AM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 03, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
:af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For Leon Exodio's PSA over MK
I like it. It reminds me of the super ball I once had. I bounced it so high up the atmosphere, it never came back.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: XxTailsxX on September 03, 2013, 03:10:20 AM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 03, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
:af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For Leon Exodio's PSA over MK
That looks great!!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on September 03, 2013, 10:54:12 AM
Quote from: Keromonkey on September 02, 2013, 10:08:48 PM
Teach you!? How can I do that, I'm still puzzling my way through your tutorial on giving Zelda Ganon's Air Side B Throw. If anything, your knowledge of hex exceeds my own (my own = minimal) lol.
I might be good at hexing and Module stuff, yet I am not so good at the grapfical effect!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on September 03, 2013, 01:39:57 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 03, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
:af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For Leon Exodio's PSA over MK

Not bad, and I like how well it transitions back to the Wait pose, but the throwing animation is a little choppy, both the arm motion and the arc made by the water ball.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on September 04, 2013, 03:05:51 AM
Quote from: pikazz on September 03, 2013, 10:54:12 AM
I might be good at hexing and Module stuff, yet I am not so good at the grapfical effect!

How about we trade then, you help me with the hexing and I'll help you with some graphic stuff within my ability if you ever need it. ^_^
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on September 04, 2013, 08:01:51 AM
Quote from: Keromonkey on September 04, 2013, 03:05:51 AM
How about we trade then, you help me with the hexing and I'll help you with some graphic stuff within my ability if you ever need it. ^_^

thats sounds pretty good trade :3 but this is not the place to discuss on! will send you a PM when I need some graphic stuff!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on September 07, 2013, 10:41:57 PM
The A/A boards need more activity. :I

...

A progress pose of a certain someone...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on September 08, 2013, 01:13:29 AM
awesome 0.0 double dino
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on September 08, 2013, 02:34:35 AM
Quote from: KingJigglyBouncingTits on September 07, 2013, 10:41:57 PM
The A/A boards need more activity. :I

...

A progress pose of a certain someone...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I agree with ya there. I try to post stuff but keep getting blown off.. XP

Anyway, great pose. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on September 08, 2013, 05:20:58 AM
That double dino is pretty neat, heh :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on September 08, 2013, 02:59:21 PM
Double dino....

I'd imagine the 2 having a Cartman and Cuthulu style association.

SSBB - Simon Belmont WIP - RSBE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HGWSsbcXYM#)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on September 08, 2013, 03:39:50 PM
I've never played the game that Belmont's in (Castelvania, right?) but nice whip and item add-ons.
I like the spinning whip attack and the Up B attack. Some of the moves look very neatly animated. Is that PSA available on BrawlVault currently?


Question: I've seen the burning flask that Belmont threw and I noticed it lingered on the ground. Does it deal damage the entire time? If so, is that article persistence or something to that effect?

I don't think Zelda has any objects/articles like that but I was trying to figure out a way to make something like that for my Phoenix (over Zelda) PSA so I could give her a TK Trap move where she leaves a burning sigil on the ground that lasts for a few seconds and explodes if the enemy comes into contact with it.

Would such a thing be possible? Or is that only possible, currently, over someone who has articles that already have some degree of article persistence (like toon link's/adult link's arrows?)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on September 08, 2013, 04:06:42 PM
Haha. That walk animation is awesome.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on September 08, 2013, 04:16:06 PM
Responses in Green.

Quote from: Keromonkey on September 08, 2013, 03:39:50 PM
I've never played the game that Belmont's in (Castelvania, right?) but nice whip and item add-ons.
I like the spinning whip attack and the Up B attack. Some of the moves look very neatly animated. Is that PSA available on BrawlVault currently?

An old version is available on brawlvault. It uses the older model and doesn't have custom sounds.

Question: I've seen the burning flask that Belmont threw and I noticed it lingered on the ground. Does it deal damage the entire time? If so, is that article persistence or something to that effect?

That "flask" is the Holy Water. It's meant to linger and pillar a la PK Fire, but hard coding makes it delete itself when the hitbox connects. :(

I don't think Zelda has any objects/articles like that but I was trying to figure out a way to make something like that for my Phoenix (over Zelda) PSA so I could give her a TK Trap move where she leaves a burning sigil on the ground that lasts for a few seconds and explodes if the enemy comes into contact with it.

Would such a thing be possible? Or is that only possible, currently, over someone who has articles that already have some degree of article persistence (like toon link's/adult link's arrows?)

Until we have better control and data over articles, only over someone who has articles that persist like that.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on September 10, 2013, 12:18:51 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on September 08, 2013, 04:16:06 PM
Responses in Green.

just a question, have you tried using "Special Offensive collusion" with rehit rate over 1-2?

want to test in on one-timer articles like Aura Sphere and see if it disappears or not!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on September 10, 2013, 02:37:41 AM
Yeah I have. The damage adds up rather quickly.
The Fully charged Mega Buster in my old Mega Man PSA has a base damage of 15 and loops every 3ish frames and does 1 damage.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on September 10, 2013, 07:14:05 AM
you can edit toon link arrow since the arrow article in bb psa has a ground subaction so you could code it to stay an x amount of time stuck to the ground/wall and put some collisions that refreshed like special offensive collisions
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on September 10, 2013, 03:52:56 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on September 10, 2013, 02:37:41 AM
Yeah I have. The damage adds up rather quickly.
The Fully charged Mega Buster in my old Mega Man PSA has a base damage of 15 and loops every 3ish frames and does 1 damage.

Didn't you use Ness's PK Fire as the base for that projectile, though? Meaning it already persists?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on September 10, 2013, 08:55:38 PM
Taking KJP's advice about people posting more stuff here, thought I'll showcase Sasuke's first final smash.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on September 10, 2013, 09:12:13 PM
That awkward moment when your working on Kirin and check the WIP thread and see this.
The chances.
I'll made some kind of contribution later, once I release the public beta 2 for EMS Sasuke
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on September 16, 2013, 03:58:23 AM
LMAO at Deidara's comment.
Looking forward to seeing both versions/editions though. ^_^

@Eternal Yoshi: Sad face, but okay.

(Back to classes this semester so my board activities will be limited) :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on September 16, 2013, 07:35:50 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on September 16, 2013, 07:28:05 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/Oh5KA9I.png)
Rigging the face
so goku can have his:
Srs Face (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130805111934/ssb/images/d/dc/Render_Dragon_Ball_Goku.png)
Happy face(mainly for taunt/win) (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/334/b/8/goku_by_el_maky_z-d5mmbf4.jpg)
Dmg face
on all forms and rigging it so i dont have to use 3x4 face polygons
dmg,srs,happy face for Normal/SSJ1,3,4

also i am still needing texture help when this rig is 100% done(aswell as texture help for some of the other outfits)
Model face rig for Goku v2
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on September 17, 2013, 07:48:05 PM
isnt facemorph (SHP0) suppose to do that? wouldnt it be easier?

however, nice rig MarioDK :3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on September 18, 2013, 08:03:19 PM
Quote from: pikazz on September 17, 2013, 07:48:05 PM
isnt facemorph (SHP0) suppose to do that? wouldnt it be easier?

however, nice rig MarioDK :3
not really since these bones will animte 4x Faces+mouths+eyeiris for Normal,SSJ1.3.4
so sadly i can´t

Post Merge: September 18, 2013, 08:08:57 PM

just some previews:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on September 20, 2013, 03:58:07 PM
I keep wanting to post this in this thread and forgetting. It isn't up to date at all but I guess no one checks my Youtube. I might do another preview later but meh. If you don't want to watch my intro skip to 53 seconds
SSBB Hack Preview:Sasuke Uchiha(EMS) over Marth 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxry22GPXFM#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on September 20, 2013, 07:57:35 PM
A classic sonic psa over g&w?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on September 20, 2013, 08:43:51 PM
The head kinda looks like the sonic team logo X)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on September 23, 2013, 11:05:54 PM
Got the classic sonic model to work over g&w not just need to start on the psa
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on September 28, 2013, 01:07:22 AM
SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus V1 Progress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npa_ZqTVbFE#)

SSBB Hacks - Shinda (v1.2) vs Gunslinger Samus (v0.93) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jULviNZxSmE#)

GSS V1 is near!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on October 01, 2013, 12:32:19 AM
glad to see gunslinger samus is coming along, when I get the chance I will have to test her =)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: zeldadove on October 01, 2013, 12:55:44 AM
thought i'd inform peop;e bout this moveset i'm making heres an attack
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 01, 2013, 01:01:18 AM
Figured I'd throw this in here too for anyone who doesn't watch my thread:

Tifa Previews:

Up Tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Side Tilt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Up Smash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Forward Throw
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Apparently ZSS is getting a lot of love soon GSS, Tifa, Kit Ballard...

Anyway, my current work load consists of Tifa, Xemnas, Wolverine and Cloud.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on October 01, 2013, 02:21:20 AM
I don't recognize what gloves she is wearing. But the animations for her punches are smooth
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 04, 2013, 09:31:16 AM
some previews of a monkey
'revamped F-Air:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s up-tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s up-smash(hold&start animetion is still WIP):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s Side-smash(hold&start animetion is still WIP):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


made also a new Fall animetion
and returning a old wait animetion that was infact alittle better then the one we got now

im making goku´s "A" attacks more like SSBf2´s this time
also im maybe making goku for Project:M (that will be 100% SSBF2´s moveset) but first Vbrawl Goku that is close to SSBF2 but not 100%

also ignore the model´s texture&Rig for now im revamping it then the animetions is done
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ultraxwing on October 04, 2013, 06:53:56 PM
 May i suggest putting tifa over a portable character? this also allows for greater file size. it's a mere suggestion. but the anim's are looking superb
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: rax189 on October 04, 2013, 11:13:18 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 04, 2013, 09:31:16 AM
some previews of a monkey
'revamped F-Air:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s up-tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s up-smash(hold&start animetion is still WIP):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s Side-smash(hold&start animetion is still WIP):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


made also a new Fall animetion
and returning a old wait animetion that was infact alittle better then the one we got now

im making goku´s "A" attacks more like SSBf2´s this time
also im maybe making goku for Project:M (that will be 100% SSBF2´s moveset) but first Vbrawl Goku that is close to SSBF2 but not 100%

also ignore the model´s texture&Rig for now im revamping it then the animetions is done
Up smash dont look good with this model, but yea id go with something else or maybe its just he looks a bit stiff idk. Other then that every things looking great :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on October 07, 2013, 06:16:11 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 04, 2013, 09:31:16 AM
some previews of a monkey
'revamped F-Air:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s up-tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s up-smash(hold&start animetion is still WIP):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SSBF2´s Side-smash(hold&start animetion is still WIP):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


made also a new Fall animetion
and returning a old wait animetion that was infact alittle better then the one we got now

im making goku´s "A" attacks more like SSBf2´s this time
also im maybe making goku for Project:M (that will be 100% SSBF2´s moveset) but first Vbrawl Goku that is close to SSBF2 but not 100%

also ignore the model´s texture&Rig for now im revamping it then the animetions is done

Question. Is his up Smash supposed to be his Rising Dragon attack?
...
If not, should it be?
Dragon Ball Z Goku Dragon Punch! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYcn8KeL2nc#)

Eh...this is a lot more epic than I remember it being. I think I saw it in a video game and in that game Goku's rising dragon punch was pretty much a rising vertical punch (roughly the length of Marth's up B) with an ethereal see-through blue dragon curling around his body like a snake, reminiscent of the 7balls dragon.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 07, 2013, 07:35:59 PM
Quote from: Keromonkey on October 07, 2013, 06:16:11 PM
Question. Is his up Smash supposed to be his Rising Dragon attack?
...
If not, should it be?
Dragon Ball Z Goku Dragon Punch! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYcn8KeL2nc#)

Eh...this is a lot more epic than I remember it being. I think I saw it in a video game and in that game Goku's rising dragon punch was pretty much a rising vertical punch (roughly the length of Marth's up B) with an ethereal see-through blue dragon curling around his body like a snake, reminiscent of the 7balls dragon.
the up-smash on that animetion i made is from goku´s up-smash in Super smash flash 2 (that 2d fan game with naruto,megaman,goku,fire mario on mario FS)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on October 07, 2013, 08:02:11 PM
the animations is a improvement but the smash attacks still does some improvement, it missing the "flue", the "power" in the attack.

however, I love the F-Air <3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kage Ryu on October 08, 2013, 07:54:48 AM
Hello peoples.

I've dabbled with moveset editing here and there occasionally, but this is the first time I've actually gotten into the guts of it.

So I bring you my first accomplishment:

(http://i.imgur.com/0IxCYpz.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/UU0uWe6.png)

Source:
(http://rndmosity.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/utsuho_1.png?w=500)

I've gotten Samus's Charge Shot to work almost exactly as Utsuho's C bullet does in Hisoutensoku, save for being unable to charge in the air. I'm still tweaking the speed, damage, and knockback to form a Brawl equivalent, but it otherwise works the same (tap B to fire a normal shot, hold B to fire a charged shot). It charges really quickly, but will fire immediately after a full charge instead of saving the charge. Pressing a shield button during the short charge will cancel the move instead of saving the charge and shielding (this leaves you pretty vulnerable since it will still do the firing animation without actually shooting anything, but 'twas the best I could do at the moment to avoid saving the charge—releasing B during the charge will also have the same result).

It also makes a quick Super Scope charge-shot sound when it charges, which vaguely resembles the sound of charging a move in Hisoutensoku.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 09, 2013, 07:18:57 AM
gfx look cool.
and by the sounds of it, the move seems nice too.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on October 09, 2013, 08:35:38 PM
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on October 08, 2013, 07:54:48 AM
Hello peoples.

I've dabbled with moveset editing here and there occasionally, but this is the first time I've actually gotten into the guts of it.

So I bring you my first accomplishment:

(http://i.imgur.com/0IxCYpz.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/UU0uWe6.png)

Source:
(http://rndmosity.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/utsuho_1.png?w=500)

I've gotten Samus's Charge Shot to work almost exactly as Utsuho's C bullet does in Hisoutensoku, save for being unable to charge in the air. I'm still tweaking the speed, damage, and knockback to form a Brawl equivalent, but it otherwise works the same (tap B to fire a normal shot, hold B to fire a charged shot). It charges really quickly, but will fire immediately after a full charge instead of saving the charge. Pressing a shield button during the short charge will cancel the move instead of saving the charge and shielding (this leaves you pretty vulnerable since it will still do the firing animation without actually shooting anything, but 'twas the best I could do at the moment to avoid saving the charge—releasing B during the charge will also have the same result).

It also makes a quick Super Scope charge-shot sound when it charges, which vaguely resembles the sound of charging a move in Hisoutensoku.
Looks really cool!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 10, 2013, 03:04:22 PM
preview of the most used attack in dragonball:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 10, 2013, 03:06:01 PM
Nice GFX, MDK. =o

Will it take 5+ Episodes to charge? :L
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on October 10, 2013, 03:16:35 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 10, 2013, 03:04:22 PM
preview of the most used attack in dragonball:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


What will really help is if Goku has a texture or two showing light shining on his body to give it more visual impact, since as far as I can tell, he's not affected by shaders...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 10, 2013, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: Velen on October 10, 2013, 03:16:35 PM
What will really help is if Goku has a texture or two showing light shining on his body to give it more impact.
dont worry that will be done on the next model
+ when have charged Kamehameha to max you will have the Poweruped Aura (if normal mode)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on October 10, 2013, 03:19:12 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 10, 2013, 03:18:15 PM
dont worry that will be done on the next model
+ when have charged Kamehameha to max you will have the Poweruped Aura (if normal mode)


Oh, sweet. : 3

Awesome job man.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on October 10, 2013, 09:35:22 PM
Oh hey... you got better at animating MDK. Good job.

---

Anyone who wants to can port Tifa to another character, but I want her over ZSS because most of my other characters are taken. ZSS was an empty slot due to her low file size but Tifa should fit.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on October 10, 2013, 10:02:10 PM
Nice, your improving yourself Mariodk. Keep up the good work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on October 18, 2013, 05:55:53 AM
Finally i can show something here  :-\
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on October 18, 2013, 02:21:23 PM
Damn that megaman looks awesome. Whos he over? Ness?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on October 18, 2013, 03:17:32 PM
Quote from: SouthCraft on October 18, 2013, 05:55:53 AM
Finally i can show something here :-/
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
]

Neat =)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on October 18, 2013, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: Almighty Drunk Russian on October 18, 2013, 02:21:23 PM
Damn that megaman looks awesome. Whos he over? Ness?
yup :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on October 18, 2013, 05:59:07 PM
Quote from: SouthCraft on October 18, 2013, 05:55:53 AM
Finally i can show something here :-/
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
]

Very commendable :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: XxTailsxX on October 27, 2013, 12:35:17 AM
Animations for Leons Chaos Zero psa:

WIP Up smash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


A water fountain is going to appear while his hand is in the ground

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Forward smash. This ones being completely redone.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on October 27, 2013, 01:16:43 AM
Quote from: XxTailsxX on October 27, 2013, 12:35:17 AM
Animations for Leons Chaos Zero psa:

WIP Up smash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


A water fountain is going to appear while his hand is in the ground

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Forward smash. This ones being completely redone.

This PSA is over who? Nice animations by the way, it could use a little bit more expression though but it doesn't matter. :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on October 27, 2013, 02:09:09 AM
Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on October 27, 2013, 01:16:43 AM
This PSA is over who? Nice animations by the way, it could use a little bit more expression though but it doesn't matter. :)
the psa im making is going over mk.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 30, 2013, 10:21:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9KfYV13OO4#t=92 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9KfYV13OO4#t=92)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 30, 2013, 10:26:11 PM
That's some nice work, MK.

Though I think some of those animations need polishing.

Also, the timing for the Forward Smash seems a bit odd to me. :-\
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 30, 2013, 10:28:01 PM
Quote from: BurgerKingJigglypuff on October 30, 2013, 10:26:11 PM
That's some nice work, MK.

Though I think some of those animations need polishing.
i did not made all animetions southcraft&KTH made most of it
i mainly revamped some stuff (mainly PSAing&megaman model for psa) and made a video
also like the new way im making previews of movesets now ? xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on October 31, 2013, 04:06:39 PM
I like that Up B way more than the Rush Up B Mega has in Smash 4. I can't even lie, I'm impressed.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 31, 2013, 11:25:18 PM
Goku´s revamped&new Side-B(both ground&air)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

first hit with elbow>some rapid kicks(not as many on the video)>a Uppercut>HammerFist(if SSJ mode: kamehameha wave like in the video)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ganon-Punch on November 01, 2013, 11:54:16 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 31, 2013, 11:25:18 PM
Goku´s revamped&new Side-B(both ground&air)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

first hit with elbow>some rapid kicks(not as many on the video)>a Uppercut>HammerFist(if SSJ mode: kamehameha wave like in the video)
[/spoiler]
That looks awesome
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on November 05, 2013, 10:43:20 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on November 05, 2013, 10:35:30 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side-tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Down-Tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


UP-tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side-smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


UP-smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down-Smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


N-Air:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


F-Air:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


B-air:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


rest of the moveset since can´t really slow preview of that until ingame video
since the dalek is not that much animated
but how can you animte a trash can anyway? so some animetions is just the model that is T-posed since the T_pose can work as a wait animetions or other animetions for a Dalek (and its not cuz of am lazy more cuz of its a evil Trash can)
but here is it:
DOwn-Air:
the Dalek will fall down as a meteor then hits the ground it will make a big explodsion and also long landing lag

N_B Time vortex(or black hole not sure what to call that move):
a chargeble version of Sdo0m´s Shadow N-B but on the dalek and a other GFX effect too but basely thats what the move is

Side-B: EXTERMINATE!!!!! : just the beam you saw from the video
not chargeble or anything but it will be as strong as falcon punch and since it is strong and a ranged attack
it will take more time to fire the beam too

up-B: hovering: basely something as rob´s up-B(ported to fox)

down-B: Travel in Time&space(but without the time since not sure how that will work in brawl):
kinda like a Homing attack (as a teleport)
if using Down-B and someone is in range the dalek will teleport to the nearest and then after teleported
it will do a explosion dmg anyone near 15% dmg(low low knockback+i will do so you can´t spam it too much) and will dmg you self 5%

FS: its a surprice

alt models:
all dalek versions there was ever made(with colour for each) both from classic&new doctor who + a custom one i have made[/spoiler]
inb4 ppl say WHY YOU NO WORK ON GOKU!!
its cuz Doctor who has 50th anniversary this month
and wanted to get some dr who based hacks ready to that
but Goku for Xmas+ maybe other stuff too
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: PseudoTypical on November 05, 2013, 10:56:13 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on October 31, 2013, 11:25:18 PM
Goku´s revamped&new Side-B(both ground&air)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

first hit with elbow>some rapid kicks(not as many on the video)>a Uppercut>HammerFist(if SSJ mode: kamehameha wave like in the video)
[/spoiler]
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I haven't even watched Dr. Who, but this looks fun. lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on November 05, 2013, 11:01:31 PM
Beating people up with an evil trash can>Goku
By far
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on November 07, 2013, 08:11:34 PM
I know you haven't seen me do stuff here lately... it's because I've been putting my all into Project M.

When I DO get spare non PM time again, I will continue this:
(http://i.imgur.com/UzXlTyP.png)
I got Maya animations working thanks to halo and jiang so I will do a complete animation overhaul for Simon, since Maya can do animations quicker and better than Brawlbox ever could.

What you see there is the last frame of SquatRv(The exit crouch animation).

Expect me to continue Simon Belmont in... Winter 2013.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ganon-Punch on November 09, 2013, 05:07:35 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 07, 2013, 08:11:34 PM
I know you haven't seen me do stuff here lately... it's because I've been putting my all into Project M.

When I DO get spare non PM time again, I will continue this:
(http://i.imgur.com/UzXlTyP.png)
I got Maya animations working thanks to halo and jiang so I will do a complete animation overhaul for Simon, since Maya can do animations quicker and better than Brawlbox ever could.

What you see there is the last frame of SquatRv(The exit crouch animation).

Expect me to continue Simon Belmont in... Winter 2013.
Thats amazing
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2013, 05:54:09 AM
I'm gonna leave this here...
>.>
<.<
A Little Update to Tide People Over... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsWx9PbU4HE#)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on November 09, 2013, 04:32:25 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/nXHDFZg.gif)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64144.msg1194945#msg1194945 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64144.msg1194945#msg1194945)

I made a new tutorial that I think every PSAer should read.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on November 09, 2013, 04:36:41 PM
Go Simon. Work dem legs.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on November 10, 2013, 02:56:48 AM
Shinda's Final Smash was OP, so here's a different one...

SSBB Hacks - Shinda's New Final Smash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZFFwGgJ61k#)

Cinematics to be added later...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on November 10, 2013, 02:02:06 PM
More previews of the Dalek moveset (mainly models)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[/spoiler]

most of the attacks is PSAed and got hitboxes and stuff
but not so much GFXs yet
also im needing to find a way so the dalek having light on the light bulb on top of it
so it can be turned off/on (like when the daleks speak or yelling EXTERMINATE!)

basely only things left:
adding more GFX effects
SFX pack
FS
alts models(+the main model as im still needing since this ons is a alt. model not the main one)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on November 10, 2013, 06:56:04 PM
MarioDK. THAT MARIO DALEK.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Falconpunch1729 on November 11, 2013, 07:03:48 PM
question about megaman over ness,when his fs is activated,it plays the sound of pits sheild going up,
i thought it was imposible for ness to have another characters sounds,or is it? :>.>:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Revan on November 23, 2013, 12:50:05 AM
Im sure they just exported Pit's sound and imported it into Ness's .brsar file with BB or something.
The best place to ask is probably on the topic for him.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ganon-Punch on November 28, 2013, 10:33:19 PM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on November 10, 2013, 02:56:48 AM
Shinda's Final Smash was OP, so here's a different one...

SSBB Hacks - Shinda's New Final Smash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZFFwGgJ61k#)

Cinematics to be added later...
Can you also give Shinda recolors and add a bullet to the gun attack on the next release?

Quote from: Kage Ryu on October 08, 2013, 07:54:48 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Source:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

thats awesome

KJP Edit: Spoilers help. Also try not to quote big posts in their entirety.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 07, 2013, 09:47:31 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/TrjcuE9.png)
This should tell you where I am with revamping Simon's animations. They look so much better. Bear in mind that I'm doing the basic stuff before attacks.

I don't think it's worth giffing walk animations and the like so there.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Revan on December 15, 2013, 10:32:10 PM
Am I the only one who misses the creative 2d animations of the old Fire Emblems?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This is for my Hector PSAs FS.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on December 16, 2013, 12:09:07 AM
Didn't play Fire Emblem until it was on the 3ds >_> but nice animation all the same.

I like how you scaled her down on some attacks to show speed... nice touch.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on December 16, 2013, 12:12:56 AM
Ohh, I hope you didn't scale her up and down in that animation. If so, you could have saved so much time using VIS0.  /:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Revan on December 16, 2013, 03:54:42 AM
Yeah I did do it through scaling, but it was simple enough. Wouldn't the VISO for when I want her to completely disappear?
Thanks though Kage, your missing out on a different world though man, the old games have a totally different feeling to them. It's definitely something I would consider downloading if your ever bored. Not to degrade the new ones, they're totally amazing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on December 16, 2013, 04:00:57 AM
VIS0 toggles visibility, so yeah, it would have the same effect as scaling up and down without having to deal with funky interpolation. To each their own, I guess.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on December 16, 2013, 09:09:25 PM
i heard you liked my SMBZ mario moveset v4:
Cape FS Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZH7mwZcKE#ws)
Ignore there is no Hat/No Cape/no hitboxes on Mario right now
the FS will be slower then Sonic´s but stronger hits
also a lower time limit then sonic´s too (unless you hit a other star item so you restart the time limit)
finnaly got the Cape FS to work as i wanted

how long it took to finnaly get it to work:
first try i tried to get this FS to work was at first release of SMBZ mario moveset
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on December 16, 2013, 11:00:58 PM
Quote from: Cyber_Mariodk on December 16, 2013, 09:09:25 PM
i heard you liked my SMBZ mario moveset v4:
Cape FS Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZH7mwZcKE#ws)
Ignore there is no Hat/No Cape/no hitboxes on Mario right now
the FS will be slower then Sonic´s but stronger hits
also a lower time limit then sonic´s too (unless you hit a other star item so you restart the time limit)
finnaly got the Cape FS to work as i wanted

how long it took to finnaly get it to work:
first try i tried to get this FS to work was at first release of SMBZ mario moveset

When I first heard about this moveset version I thought the cape FS would be more...fierce, but this FS is supposed to be based off of SMBZ of course.
Good work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on December 23, 2013, 02:48:34 PM
This thread appears to have gone a little stale...lets fix that
I MAY have stopped working on Sasuke for a little while due to wanting to finish this
Hidan now only has 3 attacks in common with Ike(Bair,Fair, and first jab hit)
Here is update video:
http://youtu.be/nazDRWhouDg (http://youtu.be/nazDRWhouDg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kage Ryu on December 25, 2013, 02:33:31 AM
Oh look, BrawlBox has a GIF exporter now. Fancy that. *slowpoke*
(First time I've actually used it.)
(http://i.imgur.com/M4ymqGD.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 25, 2013, 04:46:57 AM
Did not remember BB has that feature. Oh well.

Anyway, improving Simon's animations is taking much longer than expected. I don't have much to show for it aside from this GIF
(http://i.minus.com/iFQsYKdEOtYj1.gif)
(http://i.imgur.com/xzzmjCJ.gif)
Completely reanimated Fair

Considering how long I haven't updated him, I may do a "compile what I have so far" release of V2 on New Years' Eve....
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Granfalloon on December 29, 2013, 06:29:24 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 25, 2013, 04:46:57 AM
Anyway, improving Simon's animations is taking much longer than expected. I don't have much to show for it aside from this GIF

Considering how long I haven't updated him, I may do a "compile what I have so far" release of V2 on New Years' Eve....

Wow, I had come to this thread for the exact purpose of seeing if there was any progress on Simon! I'm really really happy to know you're still working on him. Greatly anticipating your next release.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SwingSet on December 29, 2013, 06:42:00 AM
Quote from: Almighty Drunk Russian on December 23, 2013, 02:48:34 PM
This thread appears to have gone a little stale...lets fix that
I MAY have stopped working on Sasuke for a little while due to wanting to finish this
Hidan now only has 3 attacks in common with Ike(Bair,Fair, and first jab hit)
Here is update video:
http://youtu.be/nazDRWhouDg (http://youtu.be/nazDRWhouDg)
Much amaze, looks awesome so far. Good work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on December 29, 2013, 04:09:03 PM
Much Jashin
Such Immortal
lol
He's gonna be released on new years as soon as I finish his FS and re animate his god awful forward throw
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 31, 2013, 08:29:26 PM
Here is the "Release what I have right now" version of Simon Belmont.
Sorry this took a year; I've been occupied with helping PM do things.

Keep in mind that model and animations are still subject to change as I wasn't able to finish giving him the Maya touch if you catch my meaning, hence why his Final smash hasn't been complete yet.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30232 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30232)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on January 14, 2014, 11:49:01 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


@Kage Ryu:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Been a while since I posted here, but for those who don't tune into my thread, Spider-Man v2 is almost complete.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 14, 2014, 11:52:51 AM
spidey's throws take too much area i think, what will happen when forward throwing near a ledge?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on January 14, 2014, 12:19:18 PM
Nothing...

His previous/current down throw had a lot of forward movement as well. What usually happens is that his body doesn't go passed the ledge, but IIRC, the target's will. Which makes the F throw and down throw cool. The F throw could potentially meteor, and the down throw is just cool if you kick them over the ledge, then web them back to you.

Also, his previous/current down throw takes up about the same distance as his new F throw.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 14, 2014, 04:11:09 PM
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on January 14, 2014, 07:16:01 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on January 14, 2014, 07:15:15 PM
I have it too.I should probably use it
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on January 14, 2014, 08:42:27 PM
Those throws are frickin' fancy. That animation work is pretty darn good!

Spidey's stance could use a little work on back throw though, I think. He just looks awkward, 'cause it looks like he's stepping forward but still remaining in place. You could take advantage of that and actually have him move forward in the animation, which I think would probably look neat.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 16, 2014, 03:38:29 PM
something in betaform!
Quote from: pikazz on January 16, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
something I did with some help with PW:
Lets the Swap begin! [beta] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iGzsL2hjzM#ws)

as you can see in the video, I used a modified Jigglypuff and Marth Modules to make them able to switch between eachother! as you see in the end of the video, they switch but they dont appear on the stage :/
thats the only thing missing! and i think I know whats cause the error!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 16, 2014, 05:07:09 PM
Quote from: pikazz on January 16, 2014, 03:38:29 PM
something in betaform!
Woah.

Let's hope you'll figure out the loading issue. Also a P&P rel would be ideal for this once you're done.

It would make my Deoxys PSA more realistic. Assuming you can put 4 character references into the modules.

Would you care to test with that is you manage to fix your main issues?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 16, 2014, 06:10:13 PM
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 16, 2014, 05:07:09 PM
Woah.

Let's hope you'll figure out the loading issue. Also a P&P rel would be ideal for this once you're done.

It would make my Deoxys PSA more realistic. Assuming you can put 4 character references into the modules.

Would you care to test with that is you manage to fix your main issues?
I used my BrawlEx jigglypuff and the BrawlEx Marth to make them being able to swap between eachother! I am sure you can use 4 Modules but the module memory isnt high. I know that using a Jigglypuff and a Samus made the CSS freeze a half second when you selected it (a special freeze, the music was going and no beep! a freeze when the module is too big)
but the freeze can be because of the Samus module having the same ID as the Jigglypuff ID too!

I think you can have 4 at maximun, but it will be more like the Poketrainers pokemon that you can only circle through one each time (squrtile->ivysaur->charizard ect). not sure of how fast the "switch" will be on a disc since I used Wiiflow on the video xD

also pretty sure of that you can use it over a BrawlEx slot too, but I will test that later. right now I am focusing getting the modules working flawless!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 16, 2014, 06:17:34 PM
Quote from: pikazz on January 16, 2014, 06:10:13 PM
I used my BrawlEx jigglypuff and the BrawlEx Marth to make them being able to swap between eachother! I am sure you can use 4 Modules but the module memory isnt high. I know that using a Jigglypuff and a Samus made the CSS freeze a half second when you selected it (a special freeze, the music was going and no beep! a freeze when the module is too big)
So I see. Let's hope it won't be too big of an issue.

Quote from: pikazz on January 16, 2014, 06:10:13 PMI think you can have 4 at maximun, but it will be more like the Poketrainers pokemon that you can only circle through one each time (squrtile->ivysaur->charizard ect).
I can deal with that.

Quote from: pikazz on January 16, 2014, 06:10:13 PM
also pretty sure of that you can use it over a BrawlEx slot too, but I will test that later. right now I am focusing getting the modules working flawless!
Alright. Cool.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 17, 2014, 12:00:54 AM
the first 2 untransforming character is here!

Let the Swap begin! [Advanced Brawl Hack] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcEbx_Ponk#ws)

it is 100% working, yet 2 glitches that I need to fix :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 17, 2014, 01:15:47 AM
Hmm..... I hope you get further with this. I'd love to have this at a point of stability where I can use this for Sora(Pit)'s Final Smash in the same style of Bowser/Giga Bowser.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 17, 2014, 01:17:21 AM
The possibilities...

are absolutely endless.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kagemaru on January 17, 2014, 02:11:04 AM
Holy...

Mother...

Of...

Sakurai...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on January 17, 2014, 05:25:03 AM
Holy. [censored]ing. [censored].
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on January 17, 2014, 05:45:20 AM
I do not understand what he means. What the hell does he mean untransforming?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on January 17, 2014, 06:18:15 AM
I see amazing possibilities with this... right Kagemaru?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 17, 2014, 09:55:49 AM
Quote from: Velen on January 17, 2014, 05:45:20 AM
I do not understand what he means. What the hell does he mean untransforming?
sorry, I blame my dyslexic. but I meant the first 2 Untransforming is transforming!
so we actually "pass that milestone", only need to perfecting it

for now, you can actually use all the BrawlEx Modules to do some transforming with and it should be easier to do this than adding the Special Grab!
but before I will post a tutorial of how you do your Transforming character with BrawlEx modules, I need to find how to fix the Major Glitch (the one you always teleport to middle of the stage!) the minor glitch isnt that important for now
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 17, 2014, 02:17:15 PM
the one where marth falls through the floor is probably due to the size difference, maybe just moving jiggs up a bit in the "transformation animation" would solve it...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 19, 2014, 08:22:54 PM
Only needs perfection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsrDfWGXNE#ws)

its only perfection left until I release a guide of how to create a transforming character!
with perfection, I mean being able to switch Graphic and Action with ease! right now it using Warios Transformation grapfic which is located in Sora_melee :/ need to find how to switch it!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 19, 2014, 08:24:20 PM
Pikazz, I'm freaking out here.

This is amazing
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 21, 2014, 02:02:52 AM
Might as well post this stuff here. =p

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/quote]
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 18, 2014, 11:59:13 PMA slight update on Raptor...

I managed to clock the charging time for Up Special, Side Special, and Down Special. Also the duration for Down Special and Final Smash.

Down Special (Charge): ~3 seconds. ~180 Frames.
Down Special (Duration: ~19 seconds. ~1,140 Frames.
Up Special (Charge): ~1 second. ~60 Frames.
Side Special (Charge): ~1 second. ~60 Frames.
Final Smash (Duration): ~30 seconds. 1,800 Frames.

I think the charge time for Down Special needs to be increased. And the duration for Final Smash needs to be decreased. Up Special/Side Special charge and Down Special duration are fine the way they are.

What do you guys/girls think?

On a side note, there was a glitch Raptor had that resulted it to access Down Special without needing to charge up after dying. This said glitch has been fixed. ;)
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 20, 2014, 01:29:21 AMNew Down Throw! \o0o/

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 20, 2014, 09:21:16 PMThe move everyone has been waiting for...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

Misc stuff:
-Dash Attack and Jab range increased.
-Air Mobility increased.
-Knockback Resistance slightly decreased to compensate for the Air Mobility buff.
-Running speed slightly increased.
-Decreased Knockback Growth for Neutral Air and Back Air.
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 21, 2014, 01:11:54 AMUp Throw has been re-worked!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Misc stuff:
-Increased range for Neutral Air, Back Air, and Down Air.
[/spoiler]inb4noreplies
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 21, 2014, 10:35:56 AM
raptor is looking nice but i still cant find a way to like his brown texture, dkn why but it looks like a wierd color
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 21, 2014, 12:16:45 PM
Quote from: Carnage on January 21, 2014, 10:35:56 AM
raptor is looking nice but i still cant find a way to like his brown texture, dkn why but it looks like a wierd color
I can guarantee you there will be more recolors than just Talon and Rappy.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 07:36:25 AM
Almost Perfect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhA8MgtmetY#ws)

everything works now! now you can select what Action will appear together with its grapfic! (I gave the grapfic to their PSA)
but 2 minor glitch, first is smashball doesnt want to spawn if you swap characher! I think I know whats wrong!
second if when the swap is done, it also want to load the first ModelData in the grapfic section, in the video is jigglypuffs sing and marths sword glow! dont know the solution for that one :/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 22, 2014, 09:31:35 AM
Nice to see progress.

It's a shame that the smash ball doesn't spawn if you swap, but for my plans that's not a big deal as long as the Exit Final Smash state command works.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 22, 2014, 11:54:57 AM
jiggs' side-B, do you do it urself, or is it automatic? O_o
cuz it seems to ALWAYS happen... xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on January 22, 2014, 12:19:10 PM
Quote from: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 07:36:25 AM
Almost Perfect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhA8MgtmetY#ws)

everything works now! now you can select what Action will appear together with its grapfic! (I gave the grapfic to their PSA)
but 2 minor glitch, first is smashball doesnt want to spawn if you swap characher! I think I know whats wrong!
second if when the swap is done, it also want to load the first ModelData in the grapfic section, in the video is jigglypuffs sing and marths sword glow! dont know the solution for that one :/
This sounds great!  xD dat ROB suicide
Hmm... Why not scale the animation of Jiggly's song to zero, to make sure it doesn't appear at all? Just a suggestion though...
What happens when he gets caught by Kirby?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 12:58:07 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 22, 2014, 09:31:35 AM
Nice to see progress.

It's a shame that the smash ball doesn't spawn if you swap, but for my plans that's not a big deal as long as the Exit Final Smash state command works.
it shouldnt be problem since you can still take the smash ball and use it as your own with the swapped character, but the best is to fix the problem so the smash ball can spawn regadless

Quote from: dikekoj on January 22, 2014, 11:54:57 AM
jiggs' side-B, do you do it urself, or is it automatic? O_o
cuz it seems to ALWAYS happen... xD
all Side-B after the transform is automatic! you can set what action it will perform, I sat the jigglypuffs one to Side B and Marths to Nair
Quote from: Saber(Akeno) on January 22, 2014, 12:19:10 PM
This sounds great!  xD dat ROB suicide
Hmm... Why not scale the animation of Jiggly's song to zero, to make sure it doesn't appear at all? Just a suggestion though...
What happens when he gets caught by Kirby?
I was surprised in the gameplay when he do that so I had to do it XD
but for serious talk, yes you can too that but some would love to not edit their grapfic so they have to re-arrange the grapfics or edit the Grapfic IDs.
example is Marths sword grapfic that was shown (but luckly isnt visible so much) was his sword glow and if we scale that down to 0 on the model itself, it will fit the rest of his Sword Glow :/

this would be the last resort to be editing the grapfic like that
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on January 22, 2014, 01:00:15 PM
Quote from: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 12:58:07 PM
it shouldnt be problem since you can still take the smash ball and use it as your own with the swapped character, but the best is to fix the problem so the smash ball can spawn regadless
all Side-B after the transform is automatic! you can set what action it will perform, I sat the jigglypuffs one to Side B and Marths to NairI was surprised in the gameplay when he do that so I had to do it XD
but for serious talk, yes you can too that but some would love to not edit their grapfic so they have to re-arrange the grapfics or edit the Grapfic IDs.
example is Marths sword grapfic that was shown (but luckly isnt visible so much) was his sword glow and if we scale that down to 0 on the model itself, it will fit the rest of his Sword Glow :/

this would be the last resort to be editing the grapfic like that
I must admit that i didn's saw the issue with the sword glow... is it possible to do this ONLY for Jiggs?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 01:09:36 PM
between jigglypuff and marth, that would be the only solution right now together with updating the grafpic IDs until I found the cause in the modules!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on January 22, 2014, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 01:09:36 PM
between jigglypuff and marth, that would be the only solution right now together with updating the grafpic IDs until I found the cause in the modules!
i see...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 22, 2014, 02:09:20 PM
This is just great. \o0o/

I assume you'll be working on the tutorial once you manage to solve those two glitches?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 07:43:53 PM
Let the Swap Begin! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77UL_4Gyco#ws)

Let the Swap begin!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 22, 2014, 07:53:15 PM
This is just great! \o0o/ I can't wait for the tutorial.

Do you plan on experimenting with getting up to 4 characters in one slot with transformation?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 09:57:05 PM
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 22, 2014, 07:53:15 PM
This is just great! \o0o/ I can't wait for the tutorial.

Do you plan on experimenting with getting up to 4 characters in one slot with transformation?
I will actually test that with 4 characters! and the same time I will do the tutorial! I just hope I can get the tutorial like I want to ;-;
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 22, 2014, 10:10:14 PM
Quote from: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 09:57:05 PM
I will actually test that with 4 characters! and the same time I will do the tutorial!
Cool.

Quote from: pikazz on January 22, 2014, 09:57:05 PMI just hope I can get the tutorial like I want to ;-;
Don't stress yourself. :L
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 23, 2014, 10:17:21 PM
I hope you guys doesnt get angry on me if I decide to not do to a tutorial from scratch?

instead, I will port every BrawlEx module to being able to swap, meaning all you have to think of is the Action, Grapfics and the BrawlEx customize itself!

also, I know this is kinda against the rules to this thread but I actually put out the Jigglypuff and Marth transformation stuff here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35845 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35845)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 23, 2014, 11:42:30 PM
Hmm......

I really think you should do a tut so you wouldn't get swamped by requests, but oh well.
If it's possible, I would like a swap from a Pit(FitSora) module to another Pit(FitSoraDrive) module via Final Smash when you get the chance. No Rush.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 23, 2014, 11:51:50 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 23, 2014, 11:42:30 PM
Hmm......

I really think you should do a tut so you wouldn't get swamped by requests, but oh well.
If it's possible, I would like a swap from a Pit(FitSora) module to another Pit(FitSoraDrive) module via Final Smash when you get the chance. No Rush.
I ment the way PW did with modules, being able to pick up the "ready-for-customize" modules, when a tutorial of readying the slot for transforming and a tutorial of customizing as your own will! like PWs brawlex modules and his Configs files!

but I can port pit next after Metaknight and Mario! so it shouldnt be so long!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 23, 2014, 11:54:11 PM
Hey, pikazz.

Did you manage to get 4 characters for transformation? Or are you still working on that?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 24, 2014, 03:29:49 PM
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 23, 2014, 11:54:11 PM
Hey, pikazz.

Did you manage to get 4 characters for transformation? Or are you still working on that?
it seems I cant get 4 transformation on extra slot :/ tried with 3 but only the first 2 transformed D: maybe it work on zelda or pokemon trainer but it will really hard to set up pokemon trainer D:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on January 26, 2014, 07:27:39 PM
I've been playing with some codes lately and made this.
So... Yeah...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 26, 2014, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on January 26, 2014, 07:27:39 PM
http://youtu.be/SAaCchvxvj4 (http://youtu.be/SAaCchvxvj4)

(http://i.imgur.com/0qwWAuQ.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on January 27, 2014, 06:04:25 AM
Quote from: Malfioz on January 26, 2014, 07:27:39 PM
I've been playing with some codes lately and made this.
So... Yeah...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

(http://i.imgur.com/pRJfgXW.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on January 27, 2014, 06:58:16 PM
Oh God
Why
This is why we can't have nice things
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on January 27, 2014, 08:55:19 PM
Haha love the reactions.  ;D
But!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 27, 2014, 09:01:44 PM
Now that's more like it! I'd love to know how you got it to work sometime, that's something I've been interested in for a while.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 27, 2014, 09:01:55 PM
Have some Deoxys recolor concepts. :3

Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 27, 2014, 12:34:47 AM
Hey, guys.

My good pal, Marioking64DS (Leader of the Waluigi PSA) whipped up some Deoxys recolor concepts.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 27, 2014, 01:54:48 AM
3 Reworked recolors + a new one.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Malfioz on January 27, 2014, 08:55:19 PM
Haha love the reactions.  ;D
But!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

o-o

Woah.

What did you edit?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on January 27, 2014, 09:20:18 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on January 27, 2014, 08:55:19 PM
Haha love the reactions.  ;D
But!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:o
Wh-
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 27, 2014, 09:01:55 PMWoah.
What did you edit?
^This
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on January 27, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
Basicly I'm just renaming the physics bone names using a hex editor.
See the spoiler for more details.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: I believe in the video I edited peach' physics from her hair bones (HairAN->DN) to her WaistN->BustN->NeckN->HeadN, which made her look so weird.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 27, 2014, 09:49:45 PM
Oh it's controlled by the MotionEtc? Didn't know that. It's probably in the Etc part, which I've never really looked at personally, heheh.

Sweet.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on January 27, 2014, 09:52:28 PM
Quote from: Gravity on January 27, 2014, 09:49:45 PM
Oh it's controlled by the MotionEtc? Didn't know that. It's probably in the Etc part, which I've never really looked at personally, heheh.

Sweet.
It's almost in the very top of the file, hehe.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on January 27, 2014, 10:08:36 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on January 27, 2014, 09:52:28 PM
It's almost in the very top of the file, hehe.

Oh yeah. The Havok files. Derp.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 27, 2014, 11:23:35 PM
but, is it possible to ADD physics?
like, for example... to a mario PSA/motionetx/model import, just to say something...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 28, 2014, 12:42:38 AM
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 28, 2014, 12:22:40 AM
MK touched up on the colors a bit more.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on January 28, 2014, 07:06:20 AM
Quote from: dikekoj on January 27, 2014, 11:23:35 PM
but, is it possible to ADD physics?
like, for example... to a mario PSA/motionetx/model import, just to say something...
I don't know how to import havok files with Brawlbox, but it's possible to give Mario physics by heavily modifying another character's motionetc files with Mario's.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on January 28, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on January 28, 2014, 07:06:20 AM
I don't know how to import havok files with Brawlbox, but it's possible to give Mario physics by heavily modifying another character's motionetc files with Mario's.
i hope its possible since im needing it for: Mario(SMBZ moveset with Cape),Pit(Goku´s SSJ3 hair) but pit got physics bones for some parts of his cloth and maybe afew more PSAs
i think i will look into it onces im back to modding again (as i hope i am soon)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on January 28, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on January 27, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
Basicly I'm just renaming the physics bone names using a hex editor.
See the spoiler for more details.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: I believe in the video I edited peach' physics from her hair bones (HairAN->DN) to her WaistN->BustN->NeckN->HeadN, which made her look so weird.

I see you're experimenting with physics files......

As you look in a hex editor, you can see that these are maya .mb files, but when opened in Maya even with the appropriate model, nothing happens.

What we need to do is to figure out how to change the base XYZ translations of said physics system so you don't get weird results when changing bones.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 29, 2014, 08:48:32 PM
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 29, 2014, 08:45:32 PMAnother Raptor preview. With a twist...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on February 01, 2014, 06:54:02 PM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hacks: Episode 17- Amy Rose Preview. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UVxn5f7xRY#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on February 01, 2014, 07:17:43 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on February 01, 2014, 06:54:02 PM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hacks: Episode 17- Amy Rose Preview. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UVxn5f7xRY#ws)

Nice work on the PSA but not to
be nit picky, I think some of her animations
could use a little more expression. :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 01, 2014, 07:38:09 PM
Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on February 01, 2014, 07:17:43 PMNice work on the PSA but not to
be nit picky, I think some of her animations
could use a little more expression. :)
Her Animations need more than just expressions. They need major polish. Though the Idle pose is good.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on February 02, 2014, 03:28:39 AM
Just a little running animation for the metal sonic over wolf PSA. Using Soutcraft's metal sonic over sonic's animation as a base, and I just have to finish fixing the proportions. Not exactly custom, but it is my first animation after all :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on February 02, 2014, 03:42:41 AM
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on February 01, 2014, 07:38:09 PM
Her Animations need more than just expressions. They need major polish. Though the Idle pose is good.
Kagemaru maid them in like, an hour or something like that. but yeah, i think i can fix them up
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on February 03, 2014, 02:02:48 AM
Her Forward Smash or whatever that chargeable hammer attack is needs an animation fix to make the hitboxes actually work properly. Secondly, the Side Special hammer dash ought to have fewer hits with more horizontal knockback. In effect, it should hit once per swing, but each swing should push the foe inescapably into the next swing.

That burying hit needs a LOT of work. Probably have her pull her arm way back and put her whole body into a massive, full-momentum one-handed swing. And have a puff of smoke GFX when her hammer appears or disappears.

Up Special needs more pink tornado, more visible startup (have her make like she's gonna Shoryuken you with her hammer), more actual duration, and a spin-in-place at the top (like Toon Link's Spin Attack in the air). Also, same advice as Side Special: less re-hit rate, more real knockback.

Running animation looks a little awkward, but that idle is pretty good.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: The Professor on February 04, 2014, 12:57:47 AM
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 10, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
Making gifs... is really tedious.

basically you have to screen shot each frame in brawlbox... without moving the screen camera. Then paste it into paint or something... then upload all the pictures to a gif making website.... it'll run all the pictures after each other for you which will give the illusion of movement.

At least thats how I make gifs... unless someone knows an easier way to do it

I believe there is a setting in brawlbox. That's how I did it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on February 04, 2014, 01:18:01 AM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on February 03, 2014, 02:02:48 AM
Her Forward Smash or whatever that chargeable hammer attack is needs an animation fix to make the hitboxes actually work properly. Secondly, the Side Special hammer dash ought to have fewer hits with more horizontal knockback. In effect, it should hit once per swing, but each swing should push the foe inescapably into the next swing.

The one with the bigger hammer is the N-B. I have no clue whay it only sometimes works. Looking into that. As for the side special, i coppied it exactly from the Ice Climbers, but i might do that.

QuoteThat burying hit needs a LOT of work. Probably have her pull her arm way back and put her whole body into a massive, full-momentum one-handed swing. And have a puff of smoke GFX when her hammer appears or disappears.
Alright. I could do that

QuoteUp Special needs more pink tornado, more visible startup (have her make like she's gonna Shoryuken you with her hammer), more actual duration, and a spin-in-place at the top (like Toon Link's Spin Attack in the air). Also, same advice as Side Special: less re-hit rate, more real knockback.
The torndao is only there for a bit because the animation is short. I might have Kage edi thte animation to make it longer and such.

QuoteRunning animation looks a little awkward, but that idle is pretty good.

Im not using that. Only the Wait Fall and Specials are changed.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 04, 2014, 01:23:04 AM
Quote from: The Professor on February 04, 2014, 12:57:47 AM
I believe there is a setting in brawlbox. That's how I did it.

You do realize that Kage posted that 2 years ago, right?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on February 04, 2014, 04:39:20 PM
Quote from: Mariodk on January 28, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
i hope its possible since im needing it for: Mario(SMBZ moveset with Cape),Pit(Goku´s SSJ3 hair) but pit got physics bones for some parts of his cloth and maybe afew more PSAs
i think i will look into it onces im back to modding again (as i hope i am soon)
I will recommend using Peach's or Zelda's physics, because the physics are already set to the hair, which makes the process almost done.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 28, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
I see you're experimenting with physics files......

As you look in a hex editor, you can see that these are maya .mb files, but when opened in Maya even with the appropriate model, nothing happens.

What we need to do is to figure out how to change the base XYZ translations of said physics system so you don't get weird results when changing bones.
It seems like they used Maya version 7.0.1, if it helps with anything.
Is it possible to use a Havok plugin for Maya?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on February 04, 2014, 05:11:50 PM
I tried that but nothing happened to the scene. Whatever plugin they use must be a special version.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on February 04, 2014, 05:19:11 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on February 04, 2014, 01:18:01 AM
The one with the bigger hammer is the N-B. I have no clue whay it only sometimes works. Looking into that. As for the side special, i coppied it exactly from the Ice Climbers, but i might do that.
I just feel like Amy really ought to be a somewhat power-based character, and that the best way to accomplish the feel of that is to emphasize every individual hit, even on multi-hit moves.

QuoteAlright. I could do that

The torndao is only there for a bit because the animation is short. I might have Kage edi thte animation to make it longer and such.
Yeah, the animation definitely ought to be a lot longer. I personally think that the animation ought to end when she stops rising from the momentum boost. That way, there are more actual hits to the move, which will make it usable for actual attacking, and her recovery won't be gimp/edgehog bait.

Quote
Im not using that. Only the Wait Fall and Specials are changed.
Ah, yeah. That clears things up.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on February 06, 2014, 10:18:54 AM
WIP lunge for Bloody Canadian.  I'm unsure how to end the lunge correctly though =/

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here's the two pull back frames I had before. I'll try to add them back again and see how it goes.

spoilers because they're a bit big

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on February 06, 2014, 11:34:09 AM
If you're not sure how to end the lunge, make a pose that one would go through to stop and land from doing a lunge or a leap to advance forward like that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 06, 2014, 02:36:41 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on February 06, 2014, 11:34:09 AM
If you're not sure how to end the lunge, make a pose that one would go through to stop and land from doing a lunge or a leap to advance forward like that.

Or if you haven't done so already, act out the animation yourself. It helps a lot when you don't know where to go after a certain part.

Here's three unpolished animations that I made for a OoT Link Hack I'm making.

The first two are Farore's Wind. It'll be similar to Force Push from the Star Wars series instead of a teleport type of move.

Depending on the direction of the control stick before you attack with the smash, you can reverse the direction of the attack similar to Captain Falcon and Ganon's Neutral Specials

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The last one is Din's Fire. I'm not too satisfied with the way it turned out. Was basing it off of how Link performs Din's Fire in OoT.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I didn't animate the fingers, so he always uses a fist when performing those moves. Should have that fixed up soon.

And, here's Link's new stamina wait for when he has more than 100% damage. Still needs polishing up (especially the legs)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 06, 2014, 04:00:58 PM
animate the toes, they help a lot in bringing realism
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on February 06, 2014, 11:31:18 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


All I did was fix the wrist. The gifs are at 50fps instead of 30fps . At this speed the transition to idle looks alot better..?  The left leg seems to transition fine too. But it might just be me getting used to looking at the animation too much.  I also scrapped the pull back beacuse it didn't feel right.  The attack is meant to launch the opponent.  But adding the 2 frames pulling back made it look like the sword was stuck in the opponent.  Thoughts?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 07, 2014, 03:16:40 AM
A bit done, not much

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm trying to make the animations look better, but the model didn't come with rigged hands, or feet. Kinda having to make it work. Also, trying to make it look more child-ish. Y'know more playful like? Tell me what you think
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 07, 2014, 10:52:09 AM
i could rig the arms and legs each to a single bone for ya...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 07, 2014, 11:54:27 AM
Please do. ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 07, 2014, 01:39:47 PM
model and desired boneset?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 07, 2014, 08:33:38 PM
Boneset: Kirby
Model: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24321 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24321) That's the already rigged version. Here is one that isn't: http://www.models-resource.com/wii/supermariogalaxy/model/1246/ (http://www.models-resource.com/wii/supermariogalaxy/model/1246/)

Post Merge: February 07, 2014, 08:34:16 PM

Thank you so much!  :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 07, 2014, 08:51:03 PM
why kirby's boneset though?
is it an independant PSA or something?
i thought it was part of a rosalina thing or somethinglike that...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 07, 2014, 08:52:33 PM
Well, I would put it over ICs, but I would need a Rosalina model over Popo. I don't know how to do all that, as I'm still fairly new to this.

Post Merge: February 08, 2014, 01:27:21 AM

Yay! More progress!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Well that's my last preview for a bit so I don't annoy you all :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on February 08, 2014, 08:10:18 PM
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on February 07, 2014, 08:52:33 PM
Well, I would put it over ICs, but I would need a Rosalina model over Popo. I don't know how to do all that, as I'm still fairly new to this.

Post Merge: August 10, 2012, 11:00:00 AM

Yay! More progress!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Well that's my last preview for a bit so I don't annoy you all :P
Nice Rosalina over IC. Looking forward to it :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 08, 2014, 08:15:29 PM
No, it's not over ICs. I originally wanted it to be, but I had no idea how to rig a model over a different character. So it's going to be Rosalina over Peach and Luma over Kirby unless I find someone who will rig th models
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on February 08, 2014, 08:19:32 PM
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on February 08, 2014, 08:15:29 PM
No, it's not over ICs. I originally wanted it to be, but I had no idea how to rig a model over a different character. So it's going to be Rosalina over Peach and Luma over Kirby unless I find someone who will rig th models

you dont need to rig the model over a pop or nana, you can just port the model
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 08, 2014, 08:25:26 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on February 08, 2014, 08:19:32 PM
you dont need to rig the model over a pop or nana, you can just port the model

This is true, its how I'm going to get Cain and Abel to work.

Although, I don't know if Nana (or in this case, Luma) can have fully independent movements. Nana copies what Popo does (except in some cases, where the animation has Nana at the end of it. That designates a Nana specific animation), so there would be a chance that Luma would walk like a human.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 08, 2014, 08:26:37 PM
And how would I do that? I know little to nothing about model stuff. I assumed you had to have it rigged

Post Merge: February 08, 2014, 08:29:47 PM

Quote from: drogoth on February 08, 2014, 08:25:26 PM
This is true, its how I'm going to get Cain and Abel to work.

Although, I don't know if Nana (or in this case, Luma) can have fully independent movements. Nana copies what Popo does (except in some cases, where the animation has Nana at the end of it. That designates a Nana specific animation), so there would be a chance that Luma would walk like a human.

Well I was going to make them have virtually the same specials and standard attacks. But the moves that I can make independant, I'm going to use for Luma. Luma was going to be the expendable part of the team. Rosalina can survive without him, but she is nowhere near as strong. I had an idea for their Up special, but I never worked on it. So I seperated the moveset, and worked on them independantly.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on February 08, 2014, 08:36:35 PM
Quote from: drogoth on February 08, 2014, 08:25:26 PM
This is true, its how I'm going to get Cain and Abel to work.

Although, I don't know if Nana (or in this case, Luma) can have fully independent movements. Nana copies what Popo does (except in some cases, where the animation has Nana at the end of it. That designates a Nana specific animation), so there would be a chance that Luma would walk like a human.

actually no. it could be in nana's psa you make "If character existis, go to this animation" which could be a different set of animations

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 08, 2014, 08:38:02 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on February 08, 2014, 08:36:35 PM
actually no. it could be in nana's psa you make "If character existis, go to this animation" which could be a different set of animations



Ohhh! I didn't know that!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 08, 2014, 08:49:57 PM
Actually, Nana has her own set of Sub Actions.

If you want Luma to have its own unique Animations alongside Rosalina, then you'll have to make all the Animations, rename them, and add them to the main Motion file.

But good luck with that. There's about 300+ Animations for one character. So that would be about 600+ Animations total, which would really have a huge file size.

Though I think they share the same hurtboxes.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 08, 2014, 08:56:03 PM
Crap! All this talk and its not even over ICs... OK, now I'm motivated. I'll try to port the models to Popo and Nana
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on February 08, 2014, 09:34:28 PM
how about giving luma different bone names than rosalina, so the same animation is actually 2 animations in one?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 08, 2014, 09:58:41 PM
I don't know how to do that... :-\ But the model is ported over ICs. Luma's texture is messed up and they run in place. Gotta open it in Tabuu. Well I'll periodically post updates.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on February 09, 2014, 12:04:21 AM
I shall put in my 2 cents
What Jokekids trying to say is rename all the Lumas bones so that they won't follow the same animations as Rosalina.
For example, Rosalina's Left foot would be like RFootN
Make the Lumas left foot/ appendage thing(lol) RFootLM
That way the Luma would never follow Rosalina's anims
And you don't need anything fancy to rename the bones just BB
The only reason I know about this stuff is cause while working on Sasuke, I was originally going to give him two movesets, one with smashball one without. The Susano'o would only be visible in the smashball one. But since theres only so many animations, some of the Susano'o animations were gonna be recycled versions of Sasukes.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 09, 2014, 12:10:20 AM
Oh! That's what he meant! Thank you ;D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on February 09, 2014, 12:15:59 AM
np the ICs need a decent PSA other than the DBZ one
And using a luma would he funny as hell
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on February 09, 2014, 01:35:48 AM
Ok, sorry for stealing the spotlight, and I swear this will be the last update for awhile.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Have to touch up her arm, then I can move on
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on February 09, 2014, 01:55:36 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on February 09, 2014, 06:56:00 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on February 06, 2014, 11:31:18 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


All I did was fix the wrist. The gifs are at 50fps instead of 30fps . At this speed the transition to idle looks alot better..?  The left leg seems to transition fine too. But it might just be me getting used to looking at the animation too much.  I also scrapped the pull back beacuse it didn't feel right.  The attack is meant to launch the opponent.  But adding the 2 frames pulling back made it look like the sword was stuck in the opponent.  Thoughts?

The animation looks like Marth misses his opponent, 'cause the lunge doesn't move him straight forward.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on February 10, 2014, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on February 09, 2014, 01:35:48 AM
Ok, sorry for stealing the spotlight, and I swear this will be the last update for awhile.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Have to touch up her arm, then I can move on
if rosalina is over popo
and luma over nana

and they sey its possible to summon luma after the luma dies
how you is doing to code so Nana(aka now is luma) is coming back after dead? if that is possible as i dont think is
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on February 13, 2014, 04:34:51 PM
Don't know if I posted this here but my old Gray Fox PSA is getting quite the update.

A new nair from scratch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I made a new bair also from scratch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also made a new fair from scratch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also I made a new Dsmash.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I also made a lot of other fixes so far like perfecting the sword trail and hitbox locations.

As you may have noticed, Raiden's moveset from Playstation All Stars is a big inspiration.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on February 13, 2014, 08:49:47 PM
Yessssss, now this is something I can get excited for. Would be cool to see some gifs of the animations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on February 13, 2014, 10:33:25 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on February 13, 2014, 04:34:51 PM
Don't know if I posted this here but my old Gray Fox PSA is getting quite the update.

A new nair from scratch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I made a new bair also from scratch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also made a new fair from scratch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also I made a new Dsmash.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I also made a lot of other fixes so far like perfecting the sword trail and hitbox locations.

As you may have noticed, Raiden's moveset from Playstation All Stars is a big inspiration.

Can't wait to port the new Gray Fox over this. :) This time I might fix things up a little better than what I did with the last moveset.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 18, 2014, 02:56:57 AM
So after a week of figuring out how to make Hector's final smash work. I did it

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Disregard the damage (was more worried about getting it to fire off) and him moving back to where he started (didn't have the move character flag checked in BBox). It also needs a Frame Speed Modifier, but otherwise I'm done. I'm never touching that monster again.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on February 18, 2014, 05:03:50 AM
Can you tell the rest of us how you did it?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: zeldadove on February 23, 2014, 02:04:54 PM
Run
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


AttackHi3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on February 23, 2014, 04:01:13 PM
That run animation doesn't look bad at all, though her hands should maybe be balled up in a fist while she runs.

As for the AttackHi, the way her hand scales up kind of creeps me out. Her fingers kinda scale unevenly and it looks weird.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: zeldadove on February 23, 2014, 04:14:09 PM
yeah it just needs some re-rigging and it needs to be moved other than rotated for some reason
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 01, 2014, 09:13:38 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/xWNDxJW.gif)
New Dash Attack.
Yes I see the stray vert on his right foot. Model and rigging aren't final.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 01, 2014, 09:18:42 PM
WIP video of Zack using Apocalypse. Not a gif because BBox kept crashing when it got halfway done.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on March 02, 2014, 08:11:19 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 01, 2014, 09:13:38 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/xWNDxJW.gif)
New Dash Attack.
Yes I see the stray vert on his right foot. Model and rigging aren't final.


i'd make him slide a bit more, instead of suddenly stopping in place, dont forget the inertia, cuz i assume he'll run pretty fast.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 05, 2014, 02:52:35 PM
added crawl to Jigglypuff

True Crawl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdcnQZX1bmk#ws)

dont be fooled, its not heavy coded PSA. I successfully added Misc Crawl to Jigglypuff that every crawler has inside their FitFighter.pac
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 05, 2014, 09:35:38 PM
Nice work, Pikazz. \o0o/


Now it's my time to shine (hopefully).
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 03, 2014, 11:38:09 PM
I better bump this thread with something. :P

While I'm waiting for Gamma to do the needed model edits, I decided to take up a quick project that sprouted in my mind.

Here's an Animation (gif is slower than the actual Animation).
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 05, 2014, 09:19:34 PM
New Charizard stuff. \o0o/

Take note that the eyes in these previews are messed up. I have no idea how to fix this. If someone could help me, then that would be great.

Transformation. I'll likely change the rock to something else. This is a placeholder at the moment. It's likely I'll use this if I can't find anything else to use.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mega Charizard X Special Attack. Draco Meteor.
In the Pokemon Games, Charizard may not be able to learn Draco Meteor. But this Charizard is special (lolhax). This move is powerful, but the main drawback of this move is that your Mega Evolution ends automatically when you use it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 05, 2014, 10:34:44 PM
look what I did!
True Glide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB7Vi6xqcU8#ws)

a fully completely true working glide on yoshi! no, its not hardcoded PSA! using the glide mechamic that order gliders using!

KingEvilPuff: Thats really awesome PSA :D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 05, 2014, 10:38:53 PM
Woah. o-o

What did you do, Pikazz?

I could so use that if I ever make a revamp for my Dragon Yoshi PSA.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 05, 2014, 11:14:02 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 05, 2014, 10:38:53 PM
Woah. o-o

What did you do, Pikazz?

I could so use that if I ever make a revamp for my Dragon Yoshi PSA.
a thing so Glide is working Yoshi! its actually pretty easy and seems to work on everyone :3

best is this isn't even Module work!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on March 05, 2014, 11:24:00 PM
How do you add these to characters? Or will you write a tutorial or something?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 06, 2014, 12:37:54 AM
Quote from: pikazz on March 05, 2014, 11:14:02 PM
best is this isn't even Module work!

WHAAAAT?

thats amazing!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 06, 2014, 12:55:07 AM
Quote from: pikazz on March 05, 2014, 10:34:44 PM
look what I did!
True Glide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB7Vi6xqcU8#ws)

a fully completely true working glide on yoshi! no, its not hardcoded PSA! using the glide mechamic that order gliders using!

KingEvilPuff: Thats really awesome PSA :D

[censored] Pikazz!! If you get this to work on Ganon, let me know, ok? Tabuu's wings and King Cold's ki are calling.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 06, 2014, 01:12:29 AM
gave Jigglypuff perfect glide now, it seems I lied, it works without Action override! everything works perfectly! not much PSA at all!
Quote from: Zack Fair on March 06, 2014, 12:37:54 AM
WHAAAAT?

thats amazing!
thank you x3
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on March 06, 2014, 12:55:07 AM
[censored] Pikazz!! If you get this to work on Ganon, let me know, ok? Tabuu's wings and King Cold's ki are calling.
it will 100% work, but it does take a bit space
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 06, 2014, 01:24:49 AM
Quote from: pikazz on March 06, 2014, 01:12:29 AM
gave Jigglypuff perfect glide now, it seems I lied, it works without Action override! everything works perfectly! not much PSA at all!thank you x3it will 100% work, but it does take a bit space

Stop teasing us! :P

But this really is fantastic. No need for modules (Wooooooo) and yeah it takes some space, but that should mostly be a problem for Samus/Zamus and the like. But that's still amazing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 06, 2014, 01:28:02 AM
Quote from: pikazz on March 06, 2014, 01:12:29 AMit will 100% work, but it does take a bit space
How much KB does it add on? 3+ KB shouldn't be too bad.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 06, 2014, 03:45:45 PM
True Multi Jumping and True Glide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8ktIxFntI#ws)
showing off true Multi Jump on Ganondorf and True Glide on Jigglypuff!
but the Multi Jump was the hardest to do, yet it isnt perfect cause you should be able to jump to action 13(0D) by just jumping, but I had to do the UpB use it instead (Change Action: 13)

even if it was the hardest, adding True Crawl, True Multi Jump and True Glide is really easy!

should I release a tutorial?
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 06, 2014, 01:28:02 AM
How much KB does it add on? 3+ KB shouldn't be too bad.
when I think of it, it shouldnt be that big.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 06, 2014, 04:03:02 PM
Quote from: pikazz on March 06, 2014, 03:45:45 PM
True Multi Jumping and True Glide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8ktIxFntI#ws)
should I release a tutorial?

Dude :srs:

YES
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 07, 2014, 03:55:40 PM
Quote from: pikazz on March 06, 2014, 03:45:45 PM
True Multi Jumping and True Glide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8ktIxFntI#ws)
showing off true Multi Jump on Ganondorf and True Glide on Jigglypuff!
but the Multi Jump was the hardest to do, yet it isnt perfect cause you should be able to jump to action 13(0D) by just jumping, but I had to do the UpB use it instead (Change Action: 13)

even if it was the hardest, adding True Crawl, True Multi Jump and True Glide is really easy!

should I release a tutorial?when I think of it, it shouldnt be that big.
Quote from: Zack Fair on March 06, 2014, 04:03:02 PM
Dude :srs:

YES
Nothing else to say :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 07, 2014, 06:01:01 PM
and so I did! http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66724.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66724.0)

the tutorial of how to add true Glide, Multijump and Crawl! all in one! now I hope I dont see any psuedos method with hardcoded PSA to make them :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 08, 2014, 02:18:53 AM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 07, 2014, 02:24:38 AM
A bit of an update for my "Enhanced" Charizard.
-Charizard now has 6 Jumps. I'm experimenting with variables to make this as balanced as possible.
-Charizard keeps his vBrawl Forward Air, Heat Wave. But with a major buff. Reduced Landing lag, Interrupt Frame, and Wind Hitboxes make this move a great gimp to recovering foes. I might have to reduce the knockback a bit though.
-Glide Attack, Side Smash, Up Smash, Down Smash, Dash Attack, Neutral Air, Back Air, Down Air, and Up Special edited to match P:M's Charizard.
-Charizard keeps his Side and Down Tilts. Side Tilt gets a speedup.
-Mega Charizard X's attacks gain a damage boost of 1.35*, alongside Super Armor and changed attacks.
-Mega Charizard X's Forward Air, Side Tilt, and Down Tilt change to match P:M Charizard.

The only issues I'm having so far is having to disable Pokemon Trainer's GFX in order to get Charizard's custom GFX to work, File size, and the eyes (that I have asked for help with 3 times already).
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 07, 2014, 06:29:27 PM
New Side Special.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: Charizard's Mega Evolution mechanic has been reworked. There will be a Super Meter for all 3 versions.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I also have some dire news...

I'm approaching the file size limit for this PSA (~180 KB is the max for Charizard. I'm at 178 KB). So I'm either going to have to cut corners for the Pokemon Trainer version, or port Charizard over someone else.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 10, 2014, 06:53:03 PM
Here's a small preview of the Sephiroth moveset I'm working on:

Grabs:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Final Smash

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have to clean up the end of the catch and the catch cut, but otherwise I'm satisfied for now.

Still have to animate him landing, then jumping up and performing one more slash for his final smash.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on March 11, 2014, 02:12:50 AM
catchattack looks really weird, his movements make no sense at all, if you want him to hurt you with his katana stabbed in your chest, how about a spinning motion at the wrist, with some emphasis on the rest of the body to show strength in it?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 11, 2014, 02:40:33 AM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on March 11, 2014, 02:12:50 AM
catchattack looks really weird, his movements make no sense at all, if you want him to hurt you with his katana stabbed in your chest, how about a spinning motion at the wrist, with some emphasis on the rest of the body to show strength in it?

It didn't turn out how I wanted it to, so I completely understand that it makes no sense and (imo looks like [censored]). I'm going to reanimate it and see if I can improve it.

Essentially what I want is for him to thrust forward o make them slide down on his katana, and then pull back to loop back to the beginning.

Alright, need one more segment of the final smash (when he lands) and then Octaslash will be completed:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 15, 2014, 10:26:09 PM
>.>

<.<

Well, since no one's posted... I guess I'll just take another post up...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's Sephiroth's new down smash. He summons four orbs to orbit around him.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 15, 2014, 10:31:04 PM
Try using key-framing and Maya for your Animations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 15, 2014, 10:37:46 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 15, 2014, 10:31:04 PM
Try using key-framing and Maya for your Animations.

There was no way I was going to do that rotating thing without keyframes.

And nyeh, don't want to download something else for animating. Maybe after Finals, when I can go gung ho on my hacks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 15, 2014, 10:45:21 PM
Quote from: Zack Fair on March 15, 2014, 10:37:46 PM
There was no way I was going to do that rotating thing without keyframes.
Oh.

I just see the Animation as lacking life.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 15, 2014, 10:37:46 PMAnd nyeh, don't want to download something else for animating. Maybe after Finals, when I can go gung ho on my hacks.
Maya's Animation system allows foot placement to be on the floor without having to manually place the feet there.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 15, 2014, 10:48:05 PM
Yeah Mr Roth kinda demands the Maya touch for said moveset to be a worthy update to the older PSA.

It'll pretty much remedy the odd foot placement and allow you to easily add more life and breathing to the motions.

Speaking of which, I need to export the 3 jabs I animated for Gray Fox and find my SD card.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 15, 2014, 11:02:06 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 15, 2014, 10:45:21 PM
Oh.

I just see the Animation as lacking life.
Maya's Animation system allows foot placement to be on the floor without having to manually place the feet there.

It might look better with the Start and charge animations, but the animation itself does need improvement.

And if the rotation doesn't screw up as much as BBox does, I'll totally give it a shot.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 15, 2014, 10:48:05 PM
Yeah Mr Roth kinda demands the Maya touch for said moveset to be a worthy update to the older PSA.

It'll pretty much remedy the odd foot placement and allow you to easily add more life and breathing to the motions.

Not really an update, just a reimagining. All the Sephiroth movesets are based off Dissidia, FF7, or both. But never Crisis Core, which is what I intend to base it off. Unless that's what you consider "update" to be :V

And I'm trying to find my download for Maya again. I'll definitely give it a shot.

Mr Roth totally flew over my head, when I first read it :V
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 15, 2014, 11:09:24 PM
Here is an animation Hidan made for Saber. I did some adjustments on the arms and the hands :

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on March 15, 2014, 11:21:49 PM
Having someone else show my work?Blasphemy! lol I figured the forearms were a little derpy
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 15, 2014, 11:31:05 PM
Quote from: Kokuto on March 15, 2014, 11:21:49 PM
Having someone else show my work?Blasphemy! lol I figured the forearms were a little derpy

Lol... Owell, at least, they're not derpy... I think...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on March 15, 2014, 11:53:36 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

*Note* I killed Luma off in these previews as he was getting in the way
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on March 16, 2014, 03:47:19 PM
nice poses, i'd like to see the animatian in actual motion.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 04:02:12 PM
That looks pretty good so far. I need a Peach clone for BrawlEx, so I'll probably grab that once it's out.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 16, 2014, 04:04:00 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 04:02:12 PM
That looks pretty good so far. I need a Peach clone for BrawlEx, so I'll probably grab that once it's out.
That's over the Ice Climbers, Seg.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on March 16, 2014, 04:10:46 PM
In my signature, there is a link to the thread. It has almost all of those animations as .gifs. You can see them there. Also, glad you guys like it :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 04:18:44 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 16, 2014, 04:04:00 PM
That's over the Ice Climbers, Seg.
God dammit >_<
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 16, 2014, 06:51:45 PM
what do you think about my SideB? Sheer Force Body Slam?
Work in Progress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hV57efNg0#ws)

its still a beta everything in the video, but the SideB works like a mix between Ganon, Captain Falcons and Peachs SideB!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 07:17:44 PM
Quote from: pikazz on March 16, 2014, 06:51:45 PM
what do you think about my SideB? Sheer Force Body Slam?
Work in Progress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hV57efNg0#ws)

its still a beta everything in the video, but the SideB works like a mix between Ganon, Captain Falcons and Peachs SideB!
sheer force? lol why call it sheer force when dusknoir doesnt get the sheer force ability?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on March 16, 2014, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 07:17:44 PM
sheer force? lol why call it sheer force when dusknoir doesnt get the sheer force ability?

are you serious?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 16, 2014, 07:34:59 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 07:17:44 PM
sheer force? lol why call it sheer force when dusknoir doesnt get the sheer force ability?
I am doing my personal PSA of this brawlsona
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdDmpKHYCA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdDmpKHYCA)

stated in my Idea thread that even if it is Jigglypuff and Dusknoir, I dont want any pokemon related attack unless it fits dream/nightmare theme
but I saw body slam fitting the Nightmare forme pretty good so I had to do it xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 09:11:36 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on March 16, 2014, 07:32:05 PM
are you serious?
yes incase you didnt know sheer force is actualy a pokemon ability which some pokemons get that increases the damage of moves with secondary effects but removes the secondary effects of said moves.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 16, 2014, 09:18:08 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 09:11:36 PM
yes incase you didnt know sheer force is actualy a pokemon ability which some pokemons get that increases the damage of moves with secondary effects but removes the secondary effects of said moves.

that might be true, but I said sheer force as "raw power" and not as the ability xD jokekid understood what I ment
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 16, 2014, 09:26:16 PM
The animations lack life to them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 16, 2014, 09:30:08 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 16, 2014, 09:26:16 PM
The animations lack life to them.
the threads name isn't "WIP" for nothing ;P but thank you for the critism, will update the action script before I head on the more detaljng touch up on animations
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 11:22:59 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 09:11:36 PM
yes incase you didnt know sheer force is actualy a pokemon ability which some pokemons get that increases the damage of moves with secondary effects but removes the secondary effects of said moves.

Take it to the Pokemon thread, not here :v
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 11:33:28 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 11:22:59 PM
Take it to the Pokemon thread, not here :v
it was just an explanation why i tough he meant an ability instead of the true meaning of the word
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 17, 2014, 04:32:14 AM
Oh dear. I have made a new 3 hit combo and no gifs to show...
Just pics for now.
(http://i.imgur.com/WaFBWAD.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/BqEOOhq.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/SDKX1Le.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 17, 2014, 04:51:39 AM
I assume Gray Fox is still over Meta Knight?

And are you gonna stick with his Brawl model or use the one from MGR: Revengeance?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 17, 2014, 05:07:41 AM
Because the Revengance model is too high poly and will lag hard even with the new Importer, I've decided to make an edited version of the Brawl AT model. This model has a higher poly count and is less blocky, but I need someone to update the textures since I'm unsure on how to make the textures HD. As of now, it's using the UVs of the AT model.

I would love to have better quality textures that fuse the Brawl and Revengance texture designs.

Oh and yes he's still over Meta Knight, though he'll need the FighterConfig for the Jab and proper wall jump to work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Dr. on March 17, 2014, 05:51:25 AM
@Eternal Yoshi
Well, you could always frankenstein parts from the Revengance model over the AT. Or just optimize (manually) the Revengance model and photoshop the textures to look more brawl-like.
So actually, you got several options.
Making a texture HD is pretty straight forward. I could break it down for you in a PM, or you could look for someone like SJS, Pik or similar to do it.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on March 18, 2014, 01:27:22 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 17, 2014, 05:07:41 AM

Oh and yes he's still over Meta Knight, though he'll need the FighterConfig for the Jab and proper wall jump to work.

I'm guessing this PSA won't work for me because I'll need the "FighterConfig" file
and that won't be compatible for Riivolution will it?

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 18, 2014, 04:16:05 AM
I'm sure BrawlEx will be Riivo compatible eventually.
And even then, I'm keeping the old rapid jab in there as well so you have that to use/fall back on.
No wall jump however.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 10:55:24 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 18, 2014, 04:16:05 AM
I'm sure BrawlEx will be Riivo compatible eventually.
And even then, I'm keeping the old rapid jab in there as well so you have that to use/fall back on.
No wall jump however.
technicaly he could use the old IC constant codes to make the jab plus and the walljump, IC constant codes is so old school now :P but they would work for noone brawlex ppl and rivoo users tough.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on March 18, 2014, 04:10:14 PM
Quote from: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 10:55:24 AM
technicaly he could use the old IC constant codes to make the jab plus and the walljump, IC constant codes is so old school now :P but they would work for noone brawlex ppl and rivoo users tough.

I was thinking of going old school if there was no way to add wall jump.


Post Merge: March 18, 2014, 04:10:47 PM

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 18, 2014, 04:16:05 AM
I'm sure BrawlEx will be Riivo compatible eventually.
And even then, I'm keeping the old rapid jab in there as well so you have that to use/fall back on.
No wall jump however.

Glad to here that.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 18, 2014, 06:30:03 PM
you know you can edit the common2/Sora_melee.rel to modify the IC without using codes? :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on March 18, 2014, 06:45:00 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 17, 2014, 05:07:41 AM
Because the Revengance model is too high poly and will lag hard even with the new Importer, I've decided to make an edited version of the Brawl AT model. This model has a higher poly count and is less blocky, but I need someone to update the textures since I'm unsure on how to make the textures HD. As of now, it's using the UVs of the AT model.

I would love to have better quality textures that fuse the Brawl and Revengance texture designs.

Meant to tell you  I put together a texture puzzle just last month.
I've re-created the Fox Blade into an HD texture which is the Fox Blade from
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It comes in other colors too.

(http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m569/HomebrewChannel/Katana_zpsd44ec873.png)

(http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m569/HomebrewChannel/Blade_zpsc611c3fe.png)

Should probably remake the materials of the whole blade to get rid of the "high" effect on the handle
of the blade. It's not meant to shine.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 06:52:11 PM
Quote from: pikazz on March 18, 2014, 06:30:03 PM
you know you can edit the common2/Sora_melee.rel to modify the IC without using codes? :srs:
that is much more work than adding 2 single line codes lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 18, 2014, 07:25:21 PM
Haven't touched the sword, but made an attempt to upgrade his body and head textures. Better or worse?
(http://i.imgur.com/XAQmViE.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/F12WZr3.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/YKGLcCQ.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/M6Y8AsW.jpg)
Left is updated texture, right is original.

Oh I also improved the rig.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 07:28:25 PM
the model is looking preety good no need to use the model on MGR
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 18, 2014, 07:40:55 PM
As long as you can make the Brawl model sexy, I'll be fine with the Brawl model.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 21, 2014, 03:29:15 AM
So I admit I totally suck at animating runs:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 21, 2014, 03:39:09 AM
Someone should edit Sephiroth's Kingdom Hearts model to closely match how he normally looks. The Dissidia model's the best we got right now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 21, 2014, 04:05:11 AM
Quote from: Segtendo on March 21, 2014, 03:39:09 AM
Someone should edit Sephiroth's Kingdom Hearts model to closely match how he normally looks. The Dissidia model's the best we got right now.

I personally think the FF7 CC looks the best... but that's an import so meh
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 22, 2014, 08:14:38 AM
Here's a pic of Dash Attack in game, along with the MGS2 Cyborg Ninja Alt, which got an upgrade in texture.
(http://i.imgur.com/gYDVNkm.jpg)

I also animated the first Part of Gray Fox's new Final Smash.
(http://i.imgur.com/aUjLXAS.jpg)
This is a rough dramatization of it's new range. He uses the same paralyzing Energy Field that Raiden uses in his Lvl 2 Super in PSAS.

The next part is planned to be a series of Blade Mode Slashes that covers the area that the current GFX covers. I can add more fitting GFX to FitCyborgFinal easily but the issue is getting said more fitting GFX in the first place. At least I can borrow the Slash GFX from Galaxia Darkness.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on March 22, 2014, 08:13:44 PM
Very commendable.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 22, 2014, 08:56:20 PM
gray fox is looking good, i liked his moveset as long as he plays like brawl characters insteads of  playing on ice  i bet it will be amazing
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 25, 2014, 11:04:42 PM
Gray Fox's Final smash is around 95% done.

(http://i.imgur.com/3AZfQt3.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/trvXeUu.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/JvMD4L5.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 25, 2014, 11:19:55 PM
cutting the screen  seems preety fun imo
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 26, 2014, 02:52:13 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 25, 2014, 11:04:42 PM
Gray Fox's Final smash is around 95% done.

[spoiler](http://i.imgur.com/3AZfQt3.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/trvXeUu.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/JvMD4L5.jpg)

Is that MK's Final Smash effect in the last pic?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 26, 2014, 02:54:11 PM

All animations need some polish
Fervent Blow:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The dash afterwards (needs serious work):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Godspeed
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dash afterwards
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 26, 2014, 02:57:34 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/GWilInJ.gif)
Courtesy of Linkxp500

Currently in progress...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on March 26, 2014, 04:11:36 PM
Quote from: Red Akeno on March 26, 2014, 02:57:34 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/GWilInJ.gif)
Courtesy of Linkxp500

Currently in progress...
what the hell is that?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 26, 2014, 07:00:33 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on March 26, 2014, 04:11:36 PM
what the hell is that?
One of the best animations I ever made...
It's supposed to be a new Final Smash for Toon Link... But it's not over yet... I still need to add some frames to it...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on March 26, 2014, 10:46:41 PM
but...
what's he doing?
might just be my tiredness, but it looks way too fast for me to analyze xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 26, 2014, 11:07:40 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on March 26, 2014, 10:46:41 PM
but...
what's he doing?
might just be my tiredness, but it looks way too fast for me to analyze xD
He spins with his sword, then jump and thrusts his sword, then jump backward, dives and atta-- *animation ends here for now*
If you saw Shingeki no Kyojin, you'd recognize this...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 27, 2014, 03:03:05 PM
Heartless Angel (I need to see the reference video again to see if I need to add more spinning and delay to the attack):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Catch (will be slowed down)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CatchAttack
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CatchWait
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


ThrowForward (need some feedback on this):

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


ThrowUp
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 27, 2014, 03:46:24 PM
Likin' the progress on Sephiroth so far. Keep it up.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 27, 2014, 05:54:38 PM
IMO, Sephy's Fthrow should lead into a roundhouse kick. That would look more dynamic and forceful.

As for Uthrow, there should be more force going into the thrust.

I understand that it would look exaggerated, but smash is full of canon moves and animations that are exaggerated. Just look at Link's wait stances.

Meanwhile, I haven't updated any throws because throws are a finicky bunch and you kinda need it to transition from CatchWait cleanly if you don't want funky glitches.
While it is possible to match the pose, it's tedious.

Still waiting for Dant to pull through.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 27, 2014, 06:22:20 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 27, 2014, 05:54:38 PM
IMO, Sephy's Fthrow should lead into a roundhouse kick.
^This
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on March 27, 2014, 06:50:57 PM
His legs should move a bit on the up throw, and the FThrow looks a little stone-y IMO
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 27, 2014, 07:06:55 PM
All things considered, I decided to start reanimating the Grab animations.
(http://i.imgur.com/4DAQwOU.gif)
This gif is going at half speed.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 27, 2014, 07:23:15 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 27, 2014, 05:54:38 PM
IMO, Sephy's Fthrow should lead into a roundhouse kick. That would look more dynamic and forceful.

As for Uthrow, there should be more force going into the thrust.

I understand that it would look exaggerated, but smash is full of canon moves and animations that are exaggerated. Just look at Link's wait stances.

I never try and let canon influence how the move should look like. So I understand completely (unless it's something like a FS)

Noted about the F throw.

And... I don't understand about the "thrust" part in the up throw. Mind elaborating what you meant about that?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 27, 2014, 07:59:32 PM
More force. Try adjusting the animation as if he's holding something that's heavier and is tossing it with much more force that has all of his upper body strength in it.

Remember that the game will adjust the frame speed of throws(Snake's dthrow is an exception) automatically depending on the foe's weight so make the animation around him carrying a character whose weight is around 100, like Mario and Wolf.

Animated his dash grab already. Taking a break. Plan on animating Turn Grab when I come back.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 27, 2014, 09:42:32 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 27, 2014, 07:59:32 PM
Remember that the game will adjust the frame speed of throws(Snake's dthrow is an exception) automatically depending on the foe's weight so make the animation around him carrying a character whose weight is around 100, like Mario and Wolf.

Really? Huh, never knew that.

I'll take what you've said into consideration.

And Maya hasn't wanted to cooperate, so I'm stuck with BBox for animating


This is the New F Throw that I edited. I'm not to happy with it (I don't like how I made Sephiroth spin), but it's what I was able to do in the time I had before class

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is the F Throw I'm using now, which I stole from Ike and I fixed up a bit. I wasn't liking how my own was turning out and either I'm going to use this one permanently or until I make a better one myself later on

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


New U Throw. I accidentally forgot to make the sword go all the way down before he throws them up (you can tell that he suddenly lowers his sword before throwing it up), and I guess it looks okay.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I personally need to add movement in the right arm during the actual throw of the animation. But for now, I think it looks fine.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on March 30, 2014, 01:57:55 AM
I'm still doing throw stuff, but I did finish the catch animations, and this new Bthrow.

(http://i.imgur.com/SdH3TWR.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/XnuZr8S.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/w76AGpa.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 30, 2014, 08:30:53 AM
i like that dark effect it has it fits him preety well
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 30, 2014, 12:16:13 PM
Laggy mario (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAiyuoHmk0#ws)

wanted to see if I could create randomness to the animations only using PSA to help, I created this laggy mario! reminds me of heavy lag ingame and ragdoll GMod movies
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on March 30, 2014, 09:49:01 PM
Quote from: pikazz on March 30, 2014, 12:16:13 PM
Laggy mario (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAiyuoHmk0#ws)

wanted to see if I could create randomness to the animations only using PSA to help, I created this laggy mario! reminds me of heavy lag ingame and ragdoll GMod movies

Ugh!...Reminds me of that horrible lag I used to have when I was playing Goldeneye Wii online a couple years back.  :srs:

But this Mario PSA is kinda funny though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Revan on April 10, 2014, 11:00:32 PM
Here's an animation I just finished for an SSBU Sheik psa. Its gonna be her new side special, the Burst Grenade. This still needs some polishing before its done. 
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on April 11, 2014, 11:52:46 AM
Quote from: RevenantGenesis on April 10, 2014, 11:00:32 PM
Here's an animation I just finished for an SSBU Sheik psa. Its gonna be her new side special, the Burst Grenade. This still needs some polishing before its done. 
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Bah, it's just HipN bone for putting the feet on the ground. This animation looks great! :D
Like how it really is dynamic and it fits Sheik so much better than that weird chain thing...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on April 11, 2014, 05:42:46 PM
One thing about the Burst Grenade that I don't know if you guys noticed: Sheik actually uses her chain to manoeuvre the grenade and to pull the pin. It looks like that means she can aim it with the Control Stick just as if using the chain, then release B to detonate the grenade.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 13, 2014, 12:00:48 AM
Got bored and wanted to redo the jump attack animation for my OOT Link Hack.

So I became a hypocrite and said "Might as well use SSB4's dash attack"

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I added about 20 frames at the end of the actual animation, only so that when it looped it wasn't too fast.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on April 13, 2014, 12:05:18 AM
The way the sword jerks around on the last few frames is kinda weird.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 13, 2014, 12:16:26 AM
That's a side effect from the frames I added at the end.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on April 14, 2014, 12:08:49 AM
Reanimated Utant.
(http://i.imgur.com/hiYEBFj.jpg)

Also made a new Up B for him.
(http://i.imgur.com/evgSDSE.gif)
Doesn't go as high as the old one, but this one is stronger, has superior hitbox coverage, and has more reliably connecting hitboxes.
(http://i.imgur.com/QnGCcsY.jpg)

And clearly I need to check his rigging on his right hand.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 14, 2014, 12:20:48 AM
I'm looking forward to the up taunt. I loved catching people off guard with it.

And isn't that his left hand?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on April 14, 2014, 12:27:55 AM
Gray Fox uses his right hand to hold his sword. He uses his left for everything else.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 14, 2014, 08:13:49 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 14, 2014, 12:27:55 AM
Gray Fox uses his right hand to hold his sword. He uses his left for everything else.
up b looks nice  love that sword trace.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on April 15, 2014, 12:48:19 AM
(http://sarkymarky.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg)

This is pretty much why Gray Fox's new update hasn't been released yet. Everytime I reanimate or make some new action or special, I get the urge to reanimate another that is tangentially related and it escalates from there.

For example, I wanted to animate a new Bthrow, which led to me making new Grab and Pummel animations so that the transitions are clean and bug free, which led to me making a new Uthrow and reanimating Dthrow.

Another example would be the new Neutral B(which is completely different) and his new Up B, which has me making a new SpecialFall/F/B, which will lead to me reanimating LandingFallSpecial.

I'm gonna do my best to wrap this up after LandingFallSpecial gets animated.
I've taken too long with Gray Fox already.

For those that are curious, his Neutral B is now a Dive Kick.
(http://i.imgur.com/ACQOMoD.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/iD7B2vd.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on April 15, 2014, 01:07:56 AM
This was a pain in the @$$ to get it to look passable. Over Peach BTW, Ice Climbers are no longer the candidate for this PSA.

[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/uPNyFFN.gif)
Wasn't able to make Luma spin, but it isn't noticeable in game.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on April 15, 2014, 01:17:58 AM
Using Link's Dash Attack Animation made by Kitsu-chan, adapted by me, fixed by HeavyD88. Yea I know, that makes alot of people for a single animation. lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on April 15, 2014, 04:00:14 AM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on April 15, 2014, 01:07:56 AM
This was a pain in the @$$ to get it to look passable. Over Peach BTW, Ice Climbers are no longer the candidate for this PSA.

[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/uPNyFFN.gif)
Wasn't able to make Luma spin, but it isn't noticeable in game.

Trust me when I say that others WILL notice it.
Most of the time when I see that saying over here, others DO notice it.
I recommend trying to fix it.

EDIT: I finished the new SpecialFall, however....

I forgot to animate a new Up Angled FSmash... so that's what I'm doing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on April 18, 2014, 07:25:52 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new SpecialFall.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new LandingFallSpecial.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new Up Angled Fsmash.

I'm done with new animations for now. I'm just doing fine tuning with the hitboxes and GFX.
I just need to get sounds up and running somehow....

Meta Knight has a lot of empty slots. Maybe I can use them to insert Gray Fox's sword sounds and keep him mute...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on April 18, 2014, 05:20:41 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 18, 2014, 07:25:52 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new SpecialFall.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new LandingFallSpecial.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new Up Angled Fsmash.

I'm done with new animations for now. I'm just doing fine tuning with the hitboxes and GFX.
I just need to get sounds up and running somehow....

Meta Knight has a lot of empty slots. Maybe I can use them to insert Gray Fox's sword sounds and keep him mute...

Ya know? I was thinking a lot about that up tilt side smash and now look what happened. XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on April 19, 2014, 04:24:07 AM
Seeing as I don't have a topic anymore, thought I'll post these here. These are 5 movesets I've been working on for the past 3 weeks.

Lloyd Irving

(http://i.imgur.com/Q8FU13k.png)(http://i.imgur.com/8BSAIaX.png)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Kratos Aurion

(http://i.imgur.com/pbhluvm.png)(http://i.imgur.com/vQeZdXy.png)


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ghirahim

(http://i.imgur.com/PRgKjBb.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/BGRcmb4.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/mJTkPDN.png)
For his final smash, he transforms into his final mode.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Demise

(http://i.imgur.com/3sWoUop.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/BlFf0ms.png)

As you can see, he is able to transform into the imprisoned.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Raiden

(http://i.imgur.com/v7Mlr9i.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/muvS1Tp.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/Rf0sMC6.png)
His final smash is Revengeance Mode. He puts on the visor and can knock anyone out in 1 hit. Its shown in the video.
(http://i.imgur.com/KJa0cGI.png)
His down throw.

[spoiler]

(http://i.imgur.com/A53rbDj.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/i9ZPzyJ.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/TwLXLDg.png)

SSBB Hack: MGS Rising Raiden Moveset (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHNzC_iYyc#)

I started Raiden a while ago and thought I originally lost the animations, but I found them and thought I should finish working on him.
They are all over portable characters so they should be easily added to BrawlEx with no problems and will have no graphical glitches.

Raiden comes with 5 costumes
Kratos comes with a Zelos costume. (They have a pretty similar fighting style)

They are all done, I'm just waiting on some animations to complete them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 19, 2014, 04:43:17 AM
I'm pretty sure if you ask they'll open your thread again. Unless it got deleted or something...

Anyways, I can't wait to see the coding work you've done.

It at least looks like you messed up a model changer in one of the aerials or something. I haven't played Revengeance, but that's just what I get from it. If that's what you wanted to do, then ignore it :P

In my opinion, some animations look stiff. But I'm not too worried about that. Will still be looking at your coding. Always new things to learn :P

And is there something you can do about Demise's skirt thing and hair?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 19, 2014, 08:24:34 AM
raiden looks nice and i see alot of zelda fan service there XD im not a zelda guy but i bet everyone wants those 2 enemys psas.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on April 19, 2014, 09:59:41 AM
Nah, I don't want to open my topic again. These guys were unfinished for a while and i dont like leaving things unfinished. With these guys, I've made everyone I wanted to make.

I actually already fixed all the models, I just made the videos days ago with the unfixed models.

@your gfx advice worked, so thank you.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ninka_kiwi on April 19, 2014, 10:36:19 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 18, 2014, 07:25:52 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new SpecialFall.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new LandingFallSpecial.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The new Up Angled Fsmash.

I'm done with new animations for now. I'm just doing fine tuning with the hitboxes and GFX.
I just need to get sounds up and running somehow....

Meta Knight has a lot of empty slots. Maybe I can use them to insert Gray Fox's sword sounds and keep him mute...

Loving the edits to Grey Fox. The only thing I'm wondering is if you ever plan on updating his model from the assist trophy... I'd love to see him with the Grey Fox model from Revengence or something.Either way, the updates to his animations are looking awesome!

@Jrush
Nice to see Raiden and Lloyd getting some love, awesome to see you finish those two!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on April 20, 2014, 04:17:43 AM
Seeing a lot of good stuff here.

Demise and Ghirahim look nice.

I wish someone ripped Kratos' model from Tales of Vesperia. :-\
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on April 20, 2014, 10:47:31 PM
After thinking about how horrible my original PSA was,I decided to completely re-do Toad. Everything will be custom made, and somewhat original. Probably gonna be a project I do when I have the time. Gotta finish Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Mac, and Greninja before I an really focus on him.

[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/7wAU1LA.gif)
Up special. Over Mario btw
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on April 22, 2014, 02:53:18 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203315 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203315)

Yeah I decided to release Gray Fox. This is the Bronze version, which means this will be the third to last revision.

Keep in mind that Gray Fox will play a little different than he used to, but these changes are for the better and make him more balanced while still being able to put up a fight against Brawl's best characters.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 22, 2014, 04:16:46 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 22, 2014, 02:53:18 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203315 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203315)

Welp, time to figure out how to get BrawlEx working with Project M, I guess.




Also I guess I can show this or whatever:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on April 22, 2014, 05:17:22 AM
You could always take a look at some of the footage for the Dark Samus assist trophy for ideas.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on April 22, 2014, 05:04:37 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 22, 2014, 02:53:18 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203315 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203315)

Yeah I decided to release Gray Fox. This is the Bronze version, which means this will be the third to last revision.

Keep in mind that Gray Fox will play a little different than he used to, but these changes are for the better and make him more balanced while still being able to put up a fight against Brawl's best characters.


Will there be a non BrawlEx version for people who uses Riivolution?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on April 22, 2014, 05:16:08 PM
Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on April 22, 2014, 05:04:37 PM

Will there be a non BrawlEx version for people who uses Riivolution?

He should still work over Meta Knight just fine if you rename the files, but he won't have a wall jump or 3 hit jab without this code:

Meta Knight has a 3 hit jab and Wall Jump:
04B0B714 00000003
04B0B734 00000001
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 22, 2014, 05:21:22 PM
Gray Fox plays great, man. Can hardly wait to see what we'll get in that Gold release!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on April 22, 2014, 05:54:47 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 22, 2014, 05:16:08 PM
He should still work over Meta Knight just fine if you rename the files, but he won't have a wall jump or 3 hit jab without this code:

Meta Knight has a 3 hit jab and Wall Jump:
04B0B714 00000003
04B0B734 00000001

Oh, thank you.
I'd better get started on porting the revengeance Gray Fox model over this PSA...don't I won't upload it, it's only for me.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: powerofthe17 on April 23, 2014, 03:01:29 PM
Du
Quote from: Gravity on April 22, 2014, 04:16:46 AM
Welp, time to figure out how to get BrawlEx working with Project M, I guess.




Also I guess I can show this or whatever:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dude that's amazing :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Zikkh on April 23, 2014, 03:42:34 PM
That Dark Samus animation looks AMAZING! So smooooth. Loving it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on April 25, 2014, 01:55:16 AM
So I found more of my old WIP's and I've completed every single one. That includes, Riku Final Version, Roxas Final Version and Lightning Final Version.

Riku V2: He's faster, more agile, new animations, new smashes, new air attacks, new specials, specials reprogrammed and a new down special.

New recovery with a little help from Ansem's guardian

(http://i.imgur.com/WVKT0GW.png)

New Neutral Special Animation

(http://i.imgur.com/AjUDPF7.png)

He comes with 6 costumes.

Roxas V2: The only changers are his hitboxes have been redone, a new neutral special, specials reporgrammed, a fixed up-b recovery and he's also faster.

Lightning V2: She's has reprogrammed specials, new down-b, fixed up-b recovery and of course... Odin's here.

(http://i.imgur.com/dw8Ybjj.png)(http://i.imgur.com/F3vIwUX.png)

Her final smash has a little dash now which means it can trap you if you're hit.

(http://i.imgur.com/Wa4ofbz.png)

12 costumes with different weapons all from Lightning Returns.

(http://i.imgur.com/IrOQaVc.png)

Everything should be released tomorrow as long there are no complications.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 25, 2014, 02:05:48 AM
No way, you actually did the horse?

Jeez, man. I thought you were going to delete the model or something...

Color me impressed.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on April 25, 2014, 10:27:58 AM
Quote from: Gravity on April 22, 2014, 04:16:46 AM
Welp, time to figure out how to get BrawlEx working with Project M, I guess.




Also I guess I can show this or whatever:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

now that is what I call a A-class model and animation! cant wait to see the thing done!

one question, I want also get maya (but damn, the program is hard to use), but how would it be to animate someone "round" like kirby, Metaknight or Jigglypuff in it?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on April 25, 2014, 10:29:20 AM
Quote from: jrush64 on April 25, 2014, 01:55:16 AM
So I found more of my old WIP&#039;s and I&#039;ve completed every single one. That includes, Riku Final Version, Roxas Final Version and Lightning Final Version.

Riku V2: He&#039;s faster, more agile, new animations, new smashes, new air attacks, new specials, specials reprogrammed and a new down special.

New recovery with a little help from Ansem&#039;s guardian

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


New Neutral Special Animation

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


He comes with 6 costumes.

Roxas V2: The only changers are his hitboxes have been redone, a new neutral special, specials reporgrammed, a fixed up-b recovery and he&#039;s also faster.

Lightning V2: She&#039;s has reprogrammed specials, new down-b, fixed up-b recovery and of course... Odin&#039;s here.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Her final smash has a little dash now which means it can trap you if you&#039;re hit.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Everything should be released tomorrow as long there are no complications.
:O
Even the freaking Odin is here?! That is promising! Definitely my BrawlEx.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on April 25, 2014, 11:12:33 AM
Quote from: pikazz on April 25, 2014, 10:27:58 AM
now that is what I call a A-class model and animation! cant wait to see the thing done!

one question, I want also get maya (but damn, the program is hard to use), but how would it be to animate someone "round" like kirby, Metaknight or Jigglypuff in it?

Why thank you.

As for animating round characters, it's hard to say, since I'm pretty new to Maya myself, but I imagine it would be similar to animating any other character once you get the control rig set up.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 26, 2014, 12:03:05 AM
Taken from my PSA thread
Quote from: Tidus on April 25, 2014, 10:27:22 PM
As a celebration for the end of the semester, I bring to you the fastest moveset that I've ever made....

MAGIC POWER LINK!

"Wait, what? You mean like cheeky and overused elemental moves?"

How old do you think I am? FIve?

"... yes"

Well... screw you, because it's not.

First up is Nayru's Love
(http://i.imgur.com/LHgepfx.jpg)

As you can see, the diamond thingy majiggy actually shows up. In a few seconds, I'll be making it so that it can reflect projectiles if timed correctly.

Next is Farore's Wind

Wait a second, but I don't have a picture for that?

Well that's because it's nothing special as of yet. It literally looks like a badly animated Force Push.

And Last but not least.

(http://i.imgur.com/eX7LEzi.jpg)

"Wait, is that a red bowl on a blue plate in the sky?"

Nope

(http://i.imgur.com/CvZ9zZH.jpg)

"Wait, I know. It's the Olympic Torch!"

Nope!

"No? So what is it?"

IT'S DIN'S FIRE!
(http://i.imgur.com/QJrCygx.jpg)

As you can tell, I royally screwed up the scaling on the graphic.

And there you have it. The moveset will have a few more tweaks (like having the new SSB4 Link Dash Attack and Up Air Thrust).

Hope you enjoy the previews!

Post Merge: April 26, 2014, 05:06:44 PM

And here's Tidus' Blitz Ace.

I don't like how it ends at all...

(http://i.imgur.com/8fIxbSE.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 29, 2014, 08:06:01 PM
Got around to revamping Farore's Wind
(http://i.imgur.com/pFhq7Yv.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 29, 2014, 08:21:51 PM
Quick question: How on Earth do you make a character move in a Special? TransN is <0, and Moves Character is checked. This has plagued me for both the new Tabuu and King Cold.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 29, 2014, 08:37:32 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 29, 2014, 08:21:51 PM
Quick question: How on Earth do you make a character move in a Special? TransN is <0, and Moves Character is checked. This has plagued me for both the new Tabuu and King Cold.
need the actions being

stage on aerial 5
set air ground 17
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 29, 2014, 08:43:42 PM
Quote from: Carnage on April 29, 2014, 08:37:32 PM
need the actions being

stage on aerial 5
set air ground 17

WTF is stage Aerial 5?

Sorry, I know this isn't really the right place to ask, but I'm getting frustrated. XD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 29, 2014, 08:45:43 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 29, 2014, 08:43:42 PM
WTF is stage Aerial 5?

Sorry, I know this isn't really the right place to ask, but I'm getting frustrated. XD
threated as in air its a event which is on most actions codding.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 29, 2014, 08:46:51 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 29, 2014, 08:43:42 PM
WTF is stage Aerial 5?

I'm pretty sure the event is either called "Set Edge Slide" or "Set Aerial/Onstage"
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 29, 2014, 08:47:28 PM
Quote from: Tidus on April 29, 2014, 08:46:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the event is either called "Set Edge Slide" or "Set Aerial/Onstage"
this its the name on bb moveset editor not sure what they call it on psa
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 29, 2014, 08:51:49 PM
It's an Aerial Special, BTW.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 29, 2014, 09:23:44 PM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 29, 2014, 08:51:49 PM
It's an Aerial Special, BTW.
doesnt matter
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 30, 2014, 12:15:34 AM
Nope. He still won't move. Although I did get him to stay in midair.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 30, 2014, 06:06:20 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 30, 2014, 12:15:34 AM
Nope. He still won't move. Although I did get him to stay in midair.
just download a hack that has an upb like that and look at the action tab, for instance you can check my groudon over bowser up special, sometimes is better to look to the code yourself.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on April 30, 2014, 07:54:24 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 29, 2014, 08:21:51 PM
Quick question: How on Earth do you make a character move in a Special? TransN is <0, and Moves Character is checked. This has plagued me for both the new Tabuu and King Cold.
let me guess, its over Ganondorf and you accently removed a Subroutine thats named "Special" in the actiontab something (luigi has one too)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 30, 2014, 02:04:50 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/PYKUZHa.gif)

Tidus' new wait animation
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 30, 2014, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: pikazz on April 30, 2014, 07:54:24 AM
let me guess, its over Ganondorf and you accently removed a Subroutine thats named "Special" in the actiontab something (luigi has one too)

Yeah, it's over Ganon. And it's the Side Special. The Up Special has one named SpecialJump Attack and it's intact. I only want him to move Horizontally in the S Special.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on April 30, 2014, 08:49:50 PM
Rosalina and Luma SSBB Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6lGQS5Yp8o#ws)

Luma has yet to be animated past the N-B and the Wait, so don't complain about that. Up special is glitched in the video, but is okay in game. Also, it is very outdated.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on May 01, 2014, 12:13:52 AM
3:18 What was THAT?
It was really powerful apparently, whatever it was
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 01, 2014, 12:26:00 AM
http://youtu.be/NSPlEJwJB_8 (http://youtu.be/NSPlEJwJB_8)

Finished Blitz Ace. I think it has a small rotation error, but otherwise it's done.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 01, 2014, 12:34:28 AM
Quote from: Kokuto on May 01, 2014, 12:13:52 AM
3:18 What was THAT?
It was really powerful apparently, whatever it was
It was her N-Air. Lol I'm working on knockback, but I really love the GFX on it :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on May 01, 2014, 04:40:57 PM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on April 30, 2014, 08:49:50 PM
Rosalina and Luma SSBB Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6lGQS5Yp8o#ws)

Luma has yet to be animated past the N-B and the Wait, so don't complain about that. Up special is glitched in the video, but is okay in game. Also, it is very outdated.

did u do the walk? because that like, really needs work.

altho i cant aniamte walks either so i shouldnt be talking
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 03, 2014, 12:11:46 AM
So I just started using Maya.

I made a new wait animation, squat, and squat to stand animations. But this was the first "real" animation I made

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/abdullahmir007/BrawlboxAnimation3_zpsa1de9040.gif) (http://s103.photobucket.com/user/abdullahmir007/media/BrawlboxAnimation3_zpsa1de9040.gif.html)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 03, 2014, 12:40:31 AM
He looks a little stiff when doing the backflip.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 03, 2014, 12:45:01 AM
Yeah, I'm planning to add some arm and torso movement before he slams down.

Also his right arm needs to swing up before he brings it down.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on May 03, 2014, 08:38:04 AM
bend his torso backwards, making kind of a "C" shape (not completely a C though, that would be crazy...)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on May 03, 2014, 08:44:29 AM
Quote from: Tidus on May 03, 2014, 12:45:01 AM
Yeah, I'm planning to add some arm and torso movement before he slams down.

Also his right arm needs to swing up before he brings it down.

You know that Noesis can view Dissidia 012's animations right? Why not use that viewer as a superior reference for how to move his limbs when doing the backflip?

There's also a FFX animation viewer as well.... I cannot remember the name of it though.

!!!! It's called Chargeur FFX, and it works with FFX-2 stuff as well.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 03, 2014, 02:43:12 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 03, 2014, 08:44:29 AM
!!!! It's called Chargeur FFX, and it works with FFX-2 stuff as well.

I knew about Noesis and Dissidia's animations. I've been using it to animate Blitz Ace.

Didn't know about the FFX one. Downloading it now.

EDIT: Got all the models, but I have no idea which one is Tidus...

Here we go...

EDIT2: Found Tidus and within the same file I found a couple of animations (not including Spiral Cut or any of the attack animations). No idea where the other animations are.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 03, 2014, 04:24:39 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on May 03, 2014, 03:01:33 AM
Aww yeah.

I got Cosmetics working. \o0o/
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here's the color list:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, slight previews of what's to come.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 03, 2014, 05:42:07 PM
Awesome! Nice work, KingEvilPuff! I would have never thought about SmokeScreen being able to reflect, but it is a nice idea. And if you don't mind my asking, how do you trigger Y and X mid battle?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 03, 2014, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on May 03, 2014, 05:42:07 PM
I would have never thought about SmokeScreen being able to reflect, but it is a nice idea.
It doesn't reflect, though I would like it to. It neutralizes projectiles by canceling them upon impact with the collision.

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on May 03, 2014, 05:42:07 PMAnd if you don't mind my asking, how do you trigger Y and X mid battle?
I was planning on activating Mega Evolution by landing enough hits and pressing B once the meter is maxed out.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 04, 2014, 12:18:25 AM
New Challengers Approaching!

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on May 03, 2014, 07:41:53 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/BwEXRyR.png?2)
(http://i.imgur.com/1DCZpO5.png)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



That's all for now, folks! Let me know what you think!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 04, 2014, 01:04:38 AM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on May 04, 2014, 12:18:25 AM
New Challengers Approaching!

Peach's Running animation is the same, but I made Daisy's custom so she wouldn't be too similar to Peach.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



That's all for now, folks! Let me know what you think!
Fits them... Though Why not make Daisy running a bit more like Peach, but with less skirt holding? Like... She has her hands close to her hips like if she was holding her dress, but she doesn't (ala Mario Party)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 04, 2014, 01:36:47 AM
Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 04, 2014, 01:04:38 AM
Fits them... Though Why not make Daisy running a bit more like Peach, but with less skirt holding? Like... She has her hands close to her hips like if she was holding her dress, but she doesn't (ala Mario Party)

I was making her run similar to...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

show off a bit of her sporty-ness. I never liked how she runs in Mario Party games. Oh, and I got Kart Models from Mario Kart Wii, so have a guess what that means!

The question is though, shall I use the Standard Kart, or the Wild Wing? You can decide.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 04, 2014, 12:45:33 PM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on May 04, 2014, 01:36:47 AM
I was making her run similar to...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

show off a bit of her sporty-ness. I never liked how she runs in Mario Party games. Oh, and I got Kart Models from Mario Kart Wii, so have a guess what that means!

The question is though, shall I use the Standard Kart, or the Wild Wing? You can decide.
Yea, that's what I get from that GIF...
LolxD She'll use her Kart?! Well... Why not the Standart Kart? Wild Wing is cooler, but the Standart Kart is... Well... I dunno... It fits better...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on May 04, 2014, 03:19:26 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on May 03, 2014, 04:24:39 PM


I can understand the Sunny Day idea when Mega Zard X appears, but I don't think you should use the color overlay. It looks like a Photoshop pee filter to me. If you need something for sunny day, I would recommend having beams of light from above spawn when Mega Zard X enters. Doesn't even need to last; it just needs to be present when he finishes the transformation.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 04, 2014, 03:29:08 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 04, 2014, 03:19:26 PM
I can understand the Sunny Day idea when Mega Zard X appears, but I don't think you should use the color overlay. It looks like a Photoshop pee filter to me. If you need something for sunny day, I would recommend having beams of light from above spawn when Mega Zard X enters. Doesn't even need to last; it just needs to be present when he finishes the transformation.
I'm not sure if there are any models/REFF GFX that I can use for it. :\ But I would like to look into it.

The Alpha and duration of the overlay has been reduced since that preview. I'll also change the color to an orange/red/yellow merge when I get the chance.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 04, 2014, 04:36:59 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on May 04, 2014, 03:29:08 PM
I'm not sure if there are any models/REFF GFX that I can use for it. :\ But I would like to look into it.

The Alpha and duration of the overlay has been reduced since that preview. I'll also change the color to an orange/red/yellow merge when I get the chance.

Pit's entry gfx?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 04, 2014, 05:06:57 PM
Quote from: Tidus on May 04, 2014, 04:36:59 PM
Pit's entry gfx?
I could try that, but I'll have to check the file size.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on May 04, 2014, 07:40:15 PM
There's a lighting effect like that present over the doors at the end of SSE stages. Is that something you can steal and use? (I doubt it, but I figured I'd ask. I have basically no experience with custom GFX, etc.)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 04, 2014, 08:09:13 PM
Or the Dialga/Palkia's GFX in the Spear Pillars stage... Just like P:M did for Link
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 04, 2014, 08:18:07 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on May 04, 2014, 07:40:15 PMThere's a lighting effect like that present over the doors at the end of SSE stages. Is that something you can steal and use? (I doubt it, but I figured I'd ask. I have basically no experience with custom GFX, etc.)
That would take forever to find.

Though I did change the color of the screen tint.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on May 04, 2014, 10:59:17 PM
http://youtu.be/OoSo7UzmZS0 (http://youtu.be/OoSo7UzmZS0)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on May 04, 2014, 11:33:24 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on May 04, 2014, 08:18:07 PM
That would take forever to find.

Though I did change the color of the screen tint.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The lighting effect is it's own separate mdl0. I'm sure it won't take long to find since it only exists at the ending of stages.

..It's called gr2_goal.mdlo.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 04, 2014, 11:35:29 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 04, 2014, 11:33:24 PM
The lighting effect is it's own separate mdl0. I'm sure it won't take long to find since it only exists at the ending of stages.

..It's called gr2_goal.mdlo.
Thanks for the info.

Do you think I should use both Pit's Entry and the SSE door GFX?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on May 04, 2014, 11:53:57 PM
Whichever one fits more. Doesn't need to cover the whole top of the screen, just the area above Mega Zard.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 04, 2014, 11:58:43 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 04, 2014, 11:53:57 PM
Whichever one fits more. Doesn't need to cover the whole top of the screen, just the area above Mega Zard.
Alright. I'll do some experimenting then.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on May 05, 2014, 07:02:03 AM
Bad news time. It seems that after doing some calculations when making Sora's faces and whatnot, I won't be able to fit the Final Form in the normal costume files as it will raise the file size too much. The faces are rather borderline as well, because Sora's face has a LOT more facepoints than normal Brawl faces do....

I wish I could fit 2 Pits within memory because then I would just have the Final form be Sora's Wario Man, if you catch my meaning. Lemme try to see what FitPit's file size is after I remove Pit's external GFX since Sora ain't using any of them aside from Side B's GFX......

Nope. 0.351563 MB is too much still.....
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 05, 2014, 07:21:25 AM
That's just tragic, EY.

Simply and utterly tragic.

I have no experience on this topic, but maybe Optimize it? I'm quite sure you've already tried or attempted it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on May 05, 2014, 07:24:02 AM
You know what would be awesome? When May 20th comes and someone makes a code that allocates the memory once used for Networking and divides the 1.4 MB space allocated for network up between module memory and FighterResouce2 for all players.
'Cause once Wifi is shut down, the Network coding is just wasting space.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 05, 2014, 07:40:27 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 05, 2014, 07:24:02 AM
You know what would be awesome? When May 20th comes and someone makes a code that allocates the memory once used for Networking and divides the 1.4 MB space allocated for network up between module memory and FighterResouce2 for all players.
'Cause once Wifi is shut down, the Network coding is just wasting space.
thats true, but I tested a beta code that gave characters more allocate memory, but result it froze on any character, including LiS and original unhacked character

but it was a beta code! it could be wrong xD lets hope its possible ;w;
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 05, 2014, 03:29:03 PM
I've decided to use Pit's Entry GFX for Mega Charizard Y.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, a preview video from Kagerou Imaizumi.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 05, 2014, 03:43:10 PM
awesome progress KJP! \OoO/

but I am quite not sure if you should have Yellow cover the screen, its better to use a tinted White-Very weak yellow! more friendly to the eyes

if you want more grapfical effect, you can use Marths Lens flare from his Final Smash!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on May 05, 2014, 04:08:48 PM
The disappearing while mega evolving isn't gonna stay is it? Is there gonna be some sort of transformation graphic, like with G Bowser, Sheik/Zelda, and Samus/ZSS?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 05, 2014, 04:12:00 PM
Edit:
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on May 05, 2014, 07:10:52 PM
Mega Charizard X's Entry GFX. As if I haven't already taken enough things from P:M.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Gravity on May 05, 2014, 04:08:48 PM
The disappearing while mega evolving isn&#039;t gonna stay is it? Is there gonna be some sort of transformation graphic, like with G Bowser, Sheik/Zelda, and Samus/ZSS?
Of corse I'm going to add transformation GFX.

Quote from: pikazz on May 05, 2014, 03:43:10 PMbut I am quite not sure if you should have Yellow cover the screen, its better to use a tinted White-Very weak yellow! more friendly to the eyes
It's supposed to be a merge of orange, red, and yellow, like our sun. Though I'll try reducing the Alpha before I play around with the colors again.

Quote from: pikazz on May 05, 2014, 03:43:10 PMif you want more grapfical effect, you can use Marths Lens flare from his Final Smash!
I don't want to go overboard with the GFX.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 05, 2014, 08:29:22 PM
Well... It seems that animating is quite something... I kinda rushed this one, since I wanted to test something for Ryuko:

[spoiler](http://i.imgur.com/LjY9Hn2.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on May 05, 2014, 09:26:19 PM
^You should probably mention that she's going to be covered by MKs tornado during that, cause that explains the, uh, leg boners lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 05, 2014, 09:32:49 PM
Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on May 05, 2014, 09:26:19 PM
^You should probably mention that she's going to be covered by MKs tornado during that, cause that explains the, uh, leg boners lol
That, and because I wanted to make her twirl like a ballerina, but it didn't fit right... Lol... And it [censored]ed up the animation (fortunately, I had a backup before that happens... Lol)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on May 05, 2014, 11:15:28 PM
Anxious for that Charizard PSA. Looks awesome having transformations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 06, 2014, 05:22:59 AM
First kick of Jecht Shot from Dissidia. Accidentally took out all arm movement from the Graph Editor in Maya, but I still have a back up of before I did the baking. So it's all good.

Gif is with no arm movement, however.

(http://i.imgur.com/dFhnHVP.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on May 06, 2014, 06:48:00 AM
the flow looks really cool, it actually has a kick feel, which is pretty hard to time properly IMO, so good job on that :D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 06, 2014, 06:59:17 AM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on May 06, 2014, 06:48:00 AM
the flow looks really cool, it actually has a kick feel, which is pretty hard to time properly IMO, so good job on that :D

Thanks :D

I'll be posting a lot of gifs of new animations that I work on to get as much critiquing as possible.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on May 11, 2014, 02:32:49 AM
Hey guys, I'm here with another moveset...

(http://i.imgur.com/sd5D7E9.png)

Monkey D. Luffy

I don't know [censored] about One Piece but I know it's pretty popular so I thought I should make a Luffy moveset. It's based on the recenently released J-Starts Victory game.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


He has 2 modes, Gear Second which is activated with down taunt. He flashes pink and becomes faster.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The Haki thingy??? Which his hands and feet go black.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


His final smash, he blows on his hand and it expands...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For his Haki thingy final smash, both his hands blow up. Got that from J-Stars.

He's almost complete. I'm just having some difficulties changing his GFX file.

On a non Luffy note, one amazing human being extracted models from Tales of Vesperia!!!!1

So check these out.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I added blackout lines. Compare...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on May 11, 2014, 02:35:56 AM
Quote from: jrush64 on May 11, 2014, 02:32:49 AMLong post...

Yuri and Flynn DEFINTELY look better with the black outline!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 11, 2014, 04:33:59 AM
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/TKOo5yb.gif)
Decided I wanted Wish from Paper Mario 64 for Peach's N-B. Tink will be included as well. Not sure if it should restore Peach's damage, while having Tink attack. Probably will. Couldn't get her eyes to close like I wanted...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on May 11, 2014, 04:56:34 AM
You can close eyes by changing the AnmVis(NW4R) things around in the motion file.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 11, 2014, 02:36:43 PM
(http://i59.tinypic.com/2my9t7l.jpg)
found out how a Characters Variable (and extra functions) are connected to their special actions thanks by PWs notes!

I havent found out exactly how yet, but I successfully disabled Jigglypuffs final smash for getting big and are affected by gravity too!

hope this will give me further research of how to add actions perfectly!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 12, 2014, 12:46:25 AM
Let's hope you can get new Actions working, pikazz. Then we wouldn't have to rely on LA-Bits for swapping Action scripts in a single Action, which really causes a clutter if you don't organize your coding. :\

On a different note...

I've begun work on Mega Charizard X's Final Smash.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 12, 2014, 11:36:54 AM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on May 12, 2014, 12:46:25 AM
Let's hope you can get new Actions working, pikazz. Then we wouldn't have to rely on LA-Bits for swapping Action scripts in a single Action, which really causes a clutter if you don't organize your coding. :\

On a different note...

I've begun work on Mega Charizard X's Final Smash.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I hope I can get it to work and hope its not that advanced so it can be used much!

and thats a great looking final smash \OoO/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 12, 2014, 11:57:42 PM
http://youtu.be/AMxUUGln7Ns (http://youtu.be/AMxUUGln7Ns)

The dash seems kinda slow, but it doesn't when I play it without recording. If it's still too slow ingame, I'll use a FSM.

The end of the dash has Tidus throwing up his sword and catching it, but I haven't really animated that part yet :P

Still need to decide whether to make him transition into the fall animation or wait animation.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 13, 2014, 12:20:48 AM
I can barely see anything. Your camera is too zoomed out.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 13, 2014, 12:29:12 AM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on May 13, 2014, 12:20:48 AM
I can barely see anything. Your camera is too zoomed out.

It was screen capped.

Try full screen? I honestly don't know what to tell you.

If it's still a problem, then I have no idea.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on May 13, 2014, 12:33:18 AM
I think he means the Brawlbox camera. It is a bit far.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 13, 2014, 12:43:07 AM
Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on May 13, 2014, 12:33:18 AM
I think he means the Brawlbox camera. It is a bit far.

If that's the case, KJP, I'll re-record it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 13, 2014, 12:48:56 AM
Quote from: Tidus on May 13, 2014, 12:43:07 AM
If that's the case, KJP, I'll re-record it.
Yes.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 13, 2014, 12:59:33 AM
http://youtu.be/4_EuXvPT6TE (http://youtu.be/4_EuXvPT6TE)

Here

For some reason, it didn't allow me to update it in 720p.

It also needs a lot of leg movement during the backflip... Whoops :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 14, 2014, 09:34:33 PM
Two preview videos for my Solo Charizard PSA.

The first video shows Mega Charizard X. And the second video shows Mega Charizard Y.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on May 14, 2014, 11:36:02 PM
Hey jrush. Are you going to improve your Lloyd PSA? It feels really flat right now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 14, 2014, 11:55:13 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on May 14, 2014, 11:36:02 PM
Hey jrush. Are you going to improve your Lloyd PSA? It feels really flat right now.

This. I personally don't really like it, IMHO. It could use polish and feels too much like the old one over Wolf.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on May 15, 2014, 04:41:39 AM
Quote from: Segtendo on May 14, 2014, 11:36:02 PM
Hey jrush. Are you going to improve your Lloyd PSA? It feels really flat right now.

What do you mean by flat? I don't get it. I dont plan on working on any new PSA's again but I'm fixing all my old stuff.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kyouma on May 15, 2014, 05:00:16 AM
I dont always make animations, but when I do
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Seriously, animating a skirt is harder than rigging it d_d
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
look what my friend PW (Phantomwing) did ;w;
(http://i59.tinypic.com/zlajnm.jpg)

to those who dont know whats happen, Lucarios B is now allowed to do Control sticked movement instead/like his UpB with module hacking
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 15, 2014, 08:59:34 AM
Quote from: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
look what my friend PW did ;w;
(http://i59.tinypic.com/zlajnm.jpg)

to those who dont know whats happen, Lucarios B is now allowed to do Control sticked movement like his UpB with module hacking
Wait... This is... Awesome!
Can he can move while charging?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 01:13:51 PM
Quote from: Jibril ~ Akeno Ryuko on May 15, 2014, 08:59:34 AM
Wait... This is... Awesome!
Can he can move while charging?
not actually sure cause Phantomwing gave me that Gif and said he found something intresting in soStatusUniqProcess. I posted that pic here cause it was so much hype and beauty in it so I couldn't resist!
but whats look is that it only move when you shoot it or you are force to throw it before charging
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 15, 2014, 02:11:04 PM
Quote from: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 01:13:51 PM
not actually sure cause Phantomwing gave me that Gif and said he found something intresting in soStatusUniqProcess. I posted that pic here cause it was so much hype and beauty in it so I couldn't resist!
but whats look is that it only move when you shoot it or you are force to throw it before charging
That's still awesome! It can give alot of possibilities for Lucario's moveset!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 15, 2014, 02:36:26 PM
Quote from: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
look what my friend PW (Phantomwing) did ;w;
(http://i59.tinypic.com/zlajnm.jpg)

to those who dont know whats happen, Lucarios B is now allowed to do Control sticked movement instead/like his UpB with module hacking

As I've said many times in my life.

All hail PhantomWings.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 15, 2014, 02:41:48 PM
Quote from: Tidus on May 15, 2014, 02:36:26 PM
All hail PhantomWings.
^The truth has been said.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 03:55:40 PM
HEY GUYS! GUESS WHAT THIS IS?
(http://i59.tinypic.com/fbjewl.jpg)

too hard for you? I finally succeeded to give jigglypuff A FRESH NEW ACTION!
yes you heard me! a NEW ACTION!
I found the missing piece for it!

but sadly, its not perfect yet! there is something wrong/glitchy about it. each time the action 0 is used (the wait action), it change the action to the new added one! meaning that once you stand still, it will enter that action Loopingly!

falling through the stage? I did it on purpose by simply setting "set Air/Ground" to undefined(0) to know I using the correct action!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on May 15, 2014, 04:02:08 PM
OMG OMG.
I literally have no words for this. NO WORDS.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kyouma on May 15, 2014, 04:07:58 PM
Quote from: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
look what my friend PW (Phantomwing) did ;w;
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


to those who dont know whats happen, Lucarios B is now allowed to do Control sticked movement instead/like his UpB with module hacking
I hope this doesnt need a code (knowing who phantom wings is makes me suspect its a code)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 15, 2014, 04:08:19 PM
Quote from: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 03:55:40 PM
HEY GUYS! GUESS WHAT THIS IS?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


too hard for you? I finally succeeded to give jigglypuff A FRESH NEW ACTION!
yes you heard me! a NEW ACTION!
I found the missing piece for it!

but sadly, its not perfect yet! there is something wrong/glitchy about it. each time the action 0 is used (the wait action), it change the action to the new added one! meaning that once you stand still, it will enter that action Loopingly!

falling through the stage? I did it on purpose by simply setting "set Air/Ground" to undefined(0) to know I using the correct action!
M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs#ws)

I'm sure you're figure out how to fix the issues.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 15, 2014, 04:34:53 PM
Okay

So Pikazz is demi god
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on May 15, 2014, 05:33:38 PM
Bump butts with me, pikazz.

Do it
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on May 15, 2014, 06:14:16 PM
Quote from: jrush64 on May 15, 2014, 04:41:39 AM
What do you mean by flat? I don't get it. I dont plan on working on any new PSA's again but I'm fixing all my old stuff.
The animations are stiff. They need life to them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 09:53:38 PM
appearently, I tried to make a hack that has 3 new actions. however only the last new added was shown and looped at wait o.o the actions went through eachother until the last that was "change action to 0 when animation ended" instead for the next ActionID
will try to make it all changes to something else instead for a straight line and see what happens! however the attack DOES deal damage and do the things its told!

I have my suspisions of whats wrong, sadly I need the Dant's Module Rebuilder for it most likely :/ but it still a huge step forward!
Quote from: Kyouma on May 15, 2014, 04:07:58 PM
I hope this doesnt need a code (knowing who phantom wings is makes me suspect its a code)
what if I told you it isnt code? its all made in the Module! (module is codes but not codes like unrestricted camera or stuff)

Quote from: Gravity on May 15, 2014, 05:33:38 PM
Bump butts with me, pikazz.

Do it
*Bump Butts!*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kyouma on May 15, 2014, 10:00:42 PM
Quote from: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 09:53:38 PM
what if I told you it isnt code? its all made in the Module! (module is codes but not codes like unrestricted camera or stuff)
close enough :v
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: powerofthe17 on May 16, 2014, 02:07:05 PM
ok guys I've been working on greninja for a while  :af2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


but the thing is I need some people to help me with gfx once I get all his animations done I already have someone on hit boxes so if you don't mind.....anyone will to help with gfx? :happy:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on May 16, 2014, 11:09:00 PM
Quote from: pikazz on May 15, 2014, 03:55:40 PM
falling through the stage? I did it on purpose by simply setting "set Air/Ground" to undefined(0) to know I using the correct action!
You can deliberately fall through platforms? YES! Thank you! That makes cutscene-based Final Smashes much easier to fake then, since you can just use a special grab and pull the foe upwards an arbitrary distance into a custom background GFX, or set the background to black using lighting effects. Assuming you can get the camera to follow you that high, anyway.

Speaking of, is it possible to use a Special Grab to pull a foe into the foreground, thus avoiding both stage collisions and the issue of camera boundaries altogether? Then just move the HaveN bone to the centre of your attack to hold them there while you go all combo-happy on them? You could then add a custom background GFX or a lighting effect to hide the fact that you're in the foreground, then just sneakily return to the background for the launch hit.

Actually, that would make the coolest Final Smash for a Fire Emblem character. Like in the GBA games where the battle scene appears with the map as the background. You could imitate that, pulling you and your foe into the foreground, then scoring a critical hit on them and instantly returning to the stage as they get launched.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 17, 2014, 01:47:15 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/PuHKick.jpg)

Got the custom Rig working

But for some reason, when I play using VBrawl Link (I'm using BEx), VBrawl Link ends up being Tidus as well. Don't know why, but eh. I got this much working.

That and I need to do something with those "transparencies" on Brotherhood, Caladbolg, the shirt thing, the collar thing, and the short/pant things.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 18, 2014, 05:45:03 PM
A winning animation for Peach. I also plan on using her voice clip from Mario Party 7 "Oh, did I win?" instead of the Brawl one.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

*note* It is not that slow in-game
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on May 18, 2014, 06:08:00 PM
It looks pretty nice.  But the hair should relatively counter rotate in the opposite direction of the head at the beginning-so it gives the pulled look.  You did a good job of it towards the end.  It's rotation dies out too quickly though.  The dress should also act similarly.  The rotation of it should sorta lag or drag behind and shouldn't come up so quickly until peach stops rotating.  Then it should unwrap, come up then come back down slowly -after peach has pretty much stopped-not at the same moment.

Besides those,  she seems a bit stiff.  For example, the neck/head area doesn't move much.  At the end, the wave pose is transitioned to in a robotic way.  She stops her twirl, hands stop to the side, her hair even comes to a complete stop- then she raises the right arm and counter rotates.  Maybe remove that stop pose and go straight to the wave.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 18, 2014, 07:45:26 PM
You guys thought I forgot about Raptor?

Well guess again.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 19, 2014, 06:07:04 PM
Was testing the custom rig with dolphin. I need to get a better recording utility. It dropped my FPS from 60 to 30-25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fElVswY9P34 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fElVswY9P34#ws)

That and I have no idea what the hitbox was up to when it froze. Hopefully it's just PSA problems.




It is indeed a PSA problem, so that'll be an easy fix.

Post Merge: May 20, 2014, 03:51:13 PM

(http://i.imgur.com/VWc4dN9.gif)

(http://i.imgur.com/GuW70Aa.gif)

Not sure which one I want to use for Din's Fire. Leaning towards the second one.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on May 22, 2014, 06:57:42 PM
Did some drafting for Dark Samus's moveset, decided to strike a few poses for some of the ideas I had to see what I was working with.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 22, 2014, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: Gravity on May 22, 2014, 06:57:42 PM
Did some drafting for Dark Samus's moveset, decided to strike a few poses for some of the ideas I had to see what I was working with.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Looking really nice.

If you need a hand for PSAing it, I'd be more than happy to assist.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on May 22, 2014, 07:54:44 PM
Quote from: Tidus on May 22, 2014, 07:07:21 PM
Looking really nice.
If you need a hand for PSAing it, I'd be more than happy to assist.
^This
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 22, 2014, 10:28:35 PM
So I did a thing

http://youtu.be/M-LZt_JNgRs (http://youtu.be/M-LZt_JNgRs)

I didn't use the updated Din's Fire animation, nor did I use the updated code for Nayru's Love and Din's Fire for the preview. But it should all be there in the download.

I didn't have a controller, so it was ridiculously hard to try and show the tilt attacks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on May 23, 2014, 12:51:20 AM
Quote from: Tidus on May 22, 2014, 07:07:21 PM
Looking really nice.

If you need a hand for PSAing it, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Thanks. I'm going to try to do most of the coding and such myself, but I'm definitely going to be asking a bunch of questions along the way, so I'll be sure to hit you up if I have any.




Decided to change the default wait stance

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on May 23, 2014, 06:53:41 AM
that stance kinda looks like its injured or tired to me
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 26, 2014, 01:55:06 AM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on May 26, 2014, 01:54:37 AM
I found a workaround to get the GFX I wanted for Mega Charizard Y's Final Smash.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 26, 2014, 02:23:00 AM
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

jk, it fits nicely

Good to see that you're having better luck than I am.

Speaking of my luck...

http://youtu.be/_VQi2IXhCJw (http://youtu.be/_VQi2IXhCJw)

Jecht Shot with it's final animation and damage. Just need to make sure that the gfx actually works correctly and doesn't spaz out or start doing whatever it's doing...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Nao-chan on May 26, 2014, 02:57:13 AM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on May 26, 2014, 01:54:37 AM
I found a workaround to get the GFX I wanted for Mega Charizard Y's Final Smash.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I can't wait until this is finished. It's so well done. Both of them are.

Quote from: Gravity on May 23, 2014, 12:51:20 AM
Decided to change the default wait stance

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Nice work. Dark Samus is looking really good. Keep it up.

Quote from: Carnage on May 23, 2014, 06:53:41 AM
that stance kinda looks like its injured or tired to me

Or it could be crazy blood lust or something. I bet it'll look much better animated. although I already think it looks awesome. It fits her/its personality perfectly.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on May 26, 2014, 03:10:41 PM
wouldn't it be cool if charz flew in circles around the fire column?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 26, 2014, 03:38:00 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on May 26, 2014, 03:10:41 PM
wouldn't it be cool if charz flew in circles around the fire column?

He does
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on May 26, 2014, 08:36:40 PM
Quote from: Tidus on May 26, 2014, 02:23:00 AM
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

jk, it fits nicely

Good to see that you're having better luck than I am.

Speaking of my luck...

http://youtu.be/_VQi2IXhCJw (http://youtu.be/_VQi2IXhCJw)

Jecht Shot with it's final animation and damage. Just need to make sure that the gfx actually works correctly and doesn't spaz out or start doing whatever it's doing...

OK A few things.

1 - Tidus should run faster; in FFX and Dissida, he's among the fastest characters in both games, he even runs faster in EX mode. I would say to make his running speed around Marth's.

2 - Check what bone the Blitzball GFX is on. If you animate a HaveN bone to be the blitzball bone for that animation instead of animating the Blitzball GFX itself, you probably won't have that issue. What I would do is have the Blitzball GFX simply be it spinning in place while the movement is done via the HaveN bone you want to attach it to.

3 - The Blitzball.... oh boy
If you aren't using Link's articles for it.. use them!
Just put the Blitzball mode over the article of choice.
You have 2 options:
1 - Using the arrow article; it's possible to use the arrow article to make a simple projectile. You can simply make a special where he simply kicks a BB at an arcing angle which you can control. You can also code in a similar way I coded Simon's Holy water. All of this can be done without the Bow's help IIRC.
2 - The Boomerang; should be self explanatory, just slap the model over the boomerang model itself remove the wind effects and change the hitboxes. Then you can have a special where he can simply toss BB Wakka style and have it come back to him like the Boomerang.

Of course, you do have more options, like you can use the Rang for Blitzball, and the Arrow article for something like Energy Rain's projectiles......
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 26, 2014, 09:26:44 PM
Here we go.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Did NOT notice how long that turned out. Thanks KJP  :kdance:


EDIT:

So after spending a HELL of a lot of time testing, I found out that if I put the second kick subaction instead of the first kick's subaction in the action tab, the animation plays out fine. But if I try anything else, it just doesn't work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 29, 2014, 01:49:19 AM
I'm still alive guys!

http://youtu.be/m73Fq1U1dr0 (http://youtu.be/m73Fq1U1dr0)

Here's a small updated Preview of Tidus. Enjoy :)

I know there are problems (such as the feet going through the ground and that the Blitzball shows up during the fall animations, which has been fixed). I still have a problem with the second Blitzball throw which STILL refuses not to connect. The first and the last one are fixed.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Linnc on May 30, 2014, 12:37:44 AM
Ariel B (for Toon Zelda moveset)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Normal B

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 30, 2014, 12:45:46 AM
Quote from: Linnc on May 30, 2014, 12:37:44 AM
Ariel B (for Toon Zelda moveset)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Normal B

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

When I was animating those, the dress refused to cover ler left leg. Sorry...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Linnc on May 30, 2014, 12:51:45 AM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on May 30, 2014, 12:45:46 AM
When I was animating those, the dress refused to cover ler left leg. Sorry...
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on May 30, 2014, 12:45:46 AM
When I was animating those, the dress refused to cover ler left leg. Sorry...

Do you think I should just animate the left leg to go under the dress or just leave it the same?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on May 30, 2014, 12:54:40 AM
Yeah, go ahead. Now so I didn't just spam this thread
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/0bocBlz.gif)
Peach and Daisy's down aerial, Ground Pound.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 05, 2014, 12:27:13 AM
Another Tidus Preview, this time of Spiral Cut, the Forward Tilt Blitzball Throw, and Blitz Ace.

Nothing is final (except for the hitbox on the aerial Jecht Shot).

http://youtu.be/YnaJsSTX35Y (http://youtu.be/YnaJsSTX35Y)

Post Merge: June 05, 2014, 07:31:02 PM

http://youtu.be/i4qiW96g4_w (http://youtu.be/i4qiW96g4_w)

Aaaaand Jecht Shot is almost at 100%
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 09, 2014, 03:26:10 PM
So while I've been taking a break from Tidus, I was doing something else:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait 2

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Attack11 (will only have 1 attack)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Front Smash Start

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Front Smash Attack

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Smash Start

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Smash

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[/spoiler]


Someone else needs to start posting :notimp:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on June 09, 2014, 09:52:05 PM
Dark Link looks pretty sweet!
You're making it hard to choose which Dark Link I'm going to use though ;_;
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 09, 2014, 11:06:10 PM
Quote from: Tidus on June 09, 2014, 03:26:10 PM
Someone else needs to start posting :notimp:
I should probably be putting the [censored] I do in here and I don't. Too lazy to make gifs XD
Heres a little something I've been working on just started an hour ago
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 09, 2014, 11:10:37 PM
I admire that you're fixing Ganondorf's Side Tilt animation to match your character, but it's not very well done.

After the kick, he needs to recoil, then transition back to Wait1.

His foot just slides back to Wait1. That's a no no.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 09, 2014, 11:33:44 PM
Roger Roger
Just removing the stretchiness took longer than it should've so I wasn't looking at details. Fixing now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 10, 2014, 12:21:24 AM
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on June 09, 2014, 09:52:05 PM
You're making it hard to choose which Dark Link I'm going to use though ;_;

I try my best.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 10, 2014, 12:26:36 AM
All right, better KJP?
http://makeagif.com/i/pXMF5b (http://makeagif.com/i/pXMF5b)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 10, 2014, 12:38:10 AM
Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on June 10, 2014, 12:26:36 AM
All right, better KJP?
http://makeagif.com/i/pXMF5b (http://makeagif.com/i/pXMF5b)
That's better. You still need to work on the foot placement though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 10, 2014, 01:08:52 AM
BBox 0.71 can make gifs for you, just hope you know that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 10, 2014, 01:24:37 AM
Tell me how to do this sorcery you speak of
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 10, 2014, 01:29:58 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/DSBOBJ9.png)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on June 10, 2014, 01:30:50 AM
Uh
(http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e289/Kitsu-chan8/uhhhhm_zps5f2c735d.jpg)




Edit: Hah, ninja'd.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 10, 2014, 01:40:19 AM
Thanks guys now 2 people know Im actually an idiot XD

Edit:My god its slow tho, still better than printscreening 1 at a time
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on June 10, 2014, 01:51:13 AM
Lol, no worries Kokuto. I just learned that now too d^_^b
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on June 10, 2014, 06:05:30 AM
printscreening and photoshopping allows for better quality than the brawlbox .gif exporter though... :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 10, 2014, 10:47:35 AM
The quality is only a little bit worse, print screening is a pain except on low frame count animations
@Keromonkey
The more you know
Lawl
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on June 10, 2014, 12:05:35 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/XEyXh6L.jpg)
the beam it self maybe needs to be alittle bigger
and ofc relocate where its shooting from (but thats a easy fix on PSA)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Keromonkey on June 10, 2014, 07:05:06 PM
@MAriodk, that beam looks beautiful ^_^
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 10, 2014, 07:26:18 PM
That's like the single best effect I've ever seen damn
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Archer(AkenoS3) on June 10, 2014, 10:36:14 PM
Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on June 10, 2014, 12:26:36 AM
All right, better KJP?
http://makeagif.com/i/pXMF5b (http://makeagif.com/i/pXMF5b)
Cool! Looks good. Some texture needs wor-- wait, wrong feedback...
Yea, as KJP said, just some foot placement needed.
That's a need-to-be-perfect-fix... lol

Quote from: Tidus on June 10, 2014, 01:29:58 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/DSBOBJ9.png)
By the way, what sorcery is that sword?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 11, 2014, 01:56:16 AM
I have something else to keep this thread breathing with, though this is nothing big.
Replaces Ganon's jab. Still 1 attack just different. And I'm aware of the sliding instead of stepping but it didn't look right with stepping.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 11, 2014, 01:59:12 AM
Quote from: AkenoS3 on June 10, 2014, 10:36:14 PM
By the way, what sorcery is that sword?

A special one.

Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on June 11, 2014, 01:56:16 AM
I have something else to keep this thread breathing with, though this is nothing big.
Replaces Ganon's jab. Still 1 attack just different. And I'm aware of the sliding instead of stepping but it didn't look right with stepping.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Needs more pull back to the punch, and then going back to Wait 1.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 11, 2014, 03:03:31 AM
It isn't a punch; he hits them with the sword hilt
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 11, 2014, 03:06:34 AM
Even then, it still needs some form of wind up.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 11, 2014, 03:15:02 AM
Maybe a little like 3-4 frames but its a jab and I don't want it to be as slow as Ganon's
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 11, 2014, 03:34:27 AM
It doesn't have to be slow, just make sure that it looks appropriate. After that just add a FSM in PSA.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 11, 2014, 12:55:36 PM
Oh yeah, FSM is a thing now
Now to think of how to wind up for a hit with the sword hilt that won't look incredibly stupid  :>.>:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 11, 2014, 11:29:09 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/GOlQUoP.gif)

New entry animation
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 11, 2014, 11:33:07 PM
That feet sliding is horrendous. The landing and ending sword twirl could use some work as well.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 11, 2014, 11:57:52 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 11, 2014, 11:33:07 PM
That feet sliding is horrendous. The landing and ending sword twirl could use some work as well.

The sword wasn't supposed to twirl :notimp:

And I just saw the feet sliding. I should have moved him further back when he goes to stand up.

Best part is that his feet are going to be covered when he lands during the entry animation. So I'm allowing myself to screw with it a bit :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 12, 2014, 01:03:23 AM
His shield arm also jerks around a bit in the middle if the animation
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 12, 2014, 04:09:53 AM
I think I fixed all the weird arm rotations up when I fixed the landing and the sliding. So it should be good now.

More concerned about getting Brawl Ex to work so I can actually see the animations in game :V
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on June 12, 2014, 03:56:26 PM
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/opCZ9nD.gif)
Shadow Queen's Final Smash. She summons Shadow Queen's true form, and sucks opponents life to heal her self. Then she does that charge attack from PM:TTYD.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: jrush64 on June 12, 2014, 04:02:03 PM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on June 12, 2014, 03:56:26 PM
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/opCZ9nD.gif)
Shadow Queen's Final Smash. She summons Shadow Queen's true form, and sucks opponents life to heal her self. Then she does that charge attack from PM:TTYD.

That looks great man!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 12, 2014, 04:28:20 PM
Dat Dress Flow doe!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 12, 2014, 04:38:09 PM
All that needs to be done is fixing the arm as she descends (it clips through the dress) and it's golden.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on June 12, 2014, 04:46:19 PM
Quote from: Tidus on June 12, 2014, 04:38:09 PM
All that needs to be done is fixing the arm as she descends (it clips through the dress) and it's golden.
Lol I realized that after I posted it and watched it a few times.

Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on June 12, 2014, 04:28:20 PM
Dat Dress Flow doe!
Lol yeah. I hate animating them so much, and when I do, they do the thing. It's weird, I animate a lot of characters that require dress animating.

Quote from: jrush64 on June 12, 2014, 04:02:03 PM
That looks great man!
Thanks!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 20, 2014, 05:09:45 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/HGRO1u7.gif)

Back flip WIP, started today- stepped interpolation
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on June 20, 2014, 08:43:46 AM
that little step in the beginning looks really nice, and the overall flow seems great as well, overall really reallistic looking backflip
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: yi-shioon on June 20, 2014, 05:39:40 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 20, 2014, 05:09:45 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/HGRO1u7.gif)

Back flip WIP, started today- stepped interpolation
It looks really nice. The one I did looks a bit odd though:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on June 20, 2014, 05:58:11 PM
Quote from: yi-shioon on June 20, 2014, 05:39:40 PM
It looks really nice. The one I did looks a bit odd though:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

all it needs is that little step at the beginning to make it more believable, i actually like the rest of it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on June 20, 2014, 11:28:07 PM
Yeah. It could use a slight step forward at the beginning before the flip. Be careful you don't add too much startup lag in the process, though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 22, 2014, 05:43:52 AM
A bit more progress

(http://i.imgur.com/sVmyLkj.gif)

Anyone know how to show the textures in Maya :-\?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 22, 2014, 06:39:03 AM
You can check and fix the materials, but it's faster if you just make new ones. Pick and object like her body, Right Click and select Add new Material. Then choose Lambert. On the right tab that shows up pick color, and then file. Then Click the folder and choose the texture you want.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 22, 2014, 07:17:16 AM
Thanks Eternal Yoshi,

(http://i.imgur.com/wuLgUxz.gif)

I converted all my keys to spline.  I'm pretty much cleaning up the curves and then I'm done. -...though she seems floaty now


ehh...Looking at these more.. I realized that the animation lacks Samus's personality....which is sorta important........Ehh I'll try to focus on character/personality better for future animations since this ones nearly done :(
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 22, 2014, 02:19:11 PM
You made the correct assumption, Shy Guy. It looks great. But it doesn't really feel Samus-y. You gotta realize, there is a little bit of artistic freedom taken in games. So you can make it look a little ridiculous. At least, in my opinion.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on June 22, 2014, 04:27:47 PM
Something about the pose she ends in seems wrong. Like, it might look okay on someone like Link, or on Samus if she were in her Power Suit, but it doesn't look right for ZSS.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on June 23, 2014, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 22, 2014, 07:17:16 AM
Thanks Eternal Yoshi,

(http://i.imgur.com/wuLgUxz.gif)

I converted all my keys to spline.  I'm pretty much cleaning up the curves and then I'm done. -...though she seems floaty now


ehh...Looking at these more.. I realized that the animation lacks Samus's personality....which is sorta important........Ehh I'll try to focus on character/personality better for future animations since this ones nearly done :(
great example would be the "base pose", the flip, the legs and the end pose!
the base pose, try to make her something that Samus would stand like

the flip looks like something a kid would do, add something more samus to it like close the widthen of her legs, make her spine straight like she does on his Down B attack

legs, please put the legs more together, samus isnt that type of woman who shows it all!

the end pose, you can try to make her show his back and look behind?

but regaless of its not "samus personallity", its a excellent animation!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 23, 2014, 08:53:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'm unsure if I'll change the current animation to have more personality since it's nearly done.  Also the animation is just for looks, it won't even be for anything.    The next few animations I do will be for actual game use and I'll make sure to pay more attention to character.  -I don't have a use for any animations hacking-wise since I don't PSA, so I'll probably put future animations up for download
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 23, 2014, 09:31:40 PM
New wait animation for my eventual revamp for Hector

(http://i.imgur.com/UwDSVgO.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 24, 2014, 01:54:02 AM
I think that should be a wait 2 or 3, because I think that's a little too much arm movement on his left arm for a Wait1.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 02:17:36 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 24, 2014, 01:54:02 AM
I think that should be a wait 2 or 3, because I think that's a little too much arm movement on his left arm for a Wait1.

I have the animation labelled as Wait2 (I'm thinking about only giving him 2 wait animations, like my Dark Link). Any other critiquing you would like to add? (aside from the clipping, I forgot to add the Tsune bone in the control rig, so I have to add it manually)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 02:50:28 AM
The axe feels a bit weightless because it moves too much with ease. If you want to keep the motion, have the axe and upperbody/shoulders drag/lag before moving. (Link for better explanation) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follow_through_and_overlapping_action)   I'm unsure how I feel about the knees popping like that either for an action like that.  I also noticed that the hips are completely horizontal.  Having them tilted higher on the back leg could add to the weight of the character + axe in general (weight distribution).  Doing so should also help break up the "twinning" of both knees popping up at the same time which looks odd.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on June 24, 2014, 02:57:38 AM
that cape movement doesnt look right
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 03:30:45 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 02:50:28 AM
The axe feels a bit weightless because it moves too much with ease. If you want to keep the motion, have the axe and upperbody/shoulders drag/lag before moving. (Link for better explanation) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follow_through_and_overlapping_action)   I'm unsure how I feel about the knees popping like that either for an action like that.  I also noticed that the hips are completely horizontal.  Having them tilted higher on the back leg could add to the weight of the character + axe in general (weight distribution).  Doing so should also help break up the "twinning" of both knees popping up at the same time which looks odd.

I think I forgot to animate the legs moving up in a keyframe before the popping actually occurs, making it slightly smoother. The axe itself is balanced on his shoulders (or as close as possible), so that's where you probably get the weightlessness from. I also want to give it a bit of the Ike "I can hold it in one hand and you can't" feeling. I'll see what I can do with the axe.

That being said, I thought I had tilted the hips forward, towards the direction he's facing (I had been acting the animation out earlier, and that's what seemed most natural to me). I'll have to check that tomorrow.

Quote from: ѕσηι¢вяαωℓєя on June 24, 2014, 02:57:38 AM
that cape movement doesnt look right

The cape isn't animated, so that's why it might look odd. I'll let the physics and gravity do the work. If it needs touch up that I can do via animations, then I'll fix it.

I'll be posting the attack11 up tomorrow. I know for a fact that it needs polish and I want to know what you guys think of it.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on June 24, 2014, 04:06:56 AM
On the subject of Hector, does he have anything resembling a Special Grab available to him? If so, he needs a GBA-style Critical Hit as his Final Smash. Like, a rectangle of white light appears over him and the area in front of him. If it catches anyone in its area, they and Hector are pulled far into the foreground right in front of the screen, with the stage in the background darkened and possibly even blurred. Then, Hector slams the foe with a critical hit, and he and the opponent are zoomed back out to the stage proper before the foe goes flying.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on June 24, 2014, 04:30:42 AM
I have a little bit to show off for different characters.

[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/hY56Xpg.gif)
Palutena's Wait

(http://i.imgur.com/PS6pbmO.gif)
Rosalina's Final Smash

(http://i.imgur.com/dqQqwj4.gif)
Peach and Daisy's Wait

(http://i.imgur.com/raz9bg5.gif)
Rosalina's Entry

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on June 24, 2014, 04:06:56 AM
On the subject of Hector, does he have anything resembling a Special Grab available to him? If so, he needs a GBA-style Critical Hit as his Final Smash. Like, a rectangle of white light appears over him and the area in front of him. If it catches anyone in its area, they and Hector are pulled far into the foreground right in front of the screen, with the stage in the background darkened and possibly even blurred. Then, Hector slams the foe with a critical hit, and he and the opponent are zoomed back out to the stage proper before the foe goes flying.

The moveset (and that specific move) are already done. I'm just trying to improve/change a lot of animations. What he does right now is that he throws a small throwing axe and then slams on top of the opponent using his Crit animation. Its really bad quality, and the ext gfx references are messed up. But I'm going to improve the animation.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on June 24, 2014, 06:23:15 PM
I was just trying to suggest something I thought sounded really flippin' cool, and like a neat reference to the graphical style of the original GBA games.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 06:36:43 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on June 24, 2014, 06:23:15 PM
I was just trying to suggest something I thought sounded really flippin' cool, and like a neat reference to the graphical style of the original GBA games.

And I was just saying that I've already done it :P

The reason I didn't use the white line is because it'd be impossible to tell how it'd hit (the line just appears and then thins out). That's why I stuck with the throwing axe.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on June 24, 2014, 06:46:29 PM
White line? Nah, I was thinking a blinking white rectangle over Hector and his foe, like when you confirm an attack action on a foe and the camera zooms into the combat screen. And then the map is still visible in the background, just darkened out.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 06:58:30 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on June 24, 2014, 06:46:29 PM
White line? Nah, I was thinking a blinking white rectangle over Hector and his foe, like when you confirm an attack action on a foe and the camera zooms into the combat screen. And then the map is still visible in the background, just darkened out.

That'd be an effect that'd take place DURING the final smash, not before. At least in my opinion.




Alright, I know both of these suck, but which one is... more passable?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 24, 2014, 07:00:58 PM
Uhh.... You may want to give him more endlag to better convey that the axe is heavy. You can always add an IASA frame earlier than the ending if needed, but there's not enough winddown if you catch my meaning.

I would say to look at how Ike's heavy swinging moves work when it comes to endlag.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 07:17:00 PM
I didn't edit the attacks after importing them into BBox, so I didn't add extra frames to add lag. But I'll definitely be adding frames before and after the swing.

But what about the leg and bust/waist/hip positioning? I'm more worried about that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 07:29:08 PM
Quote from: Zed on June 24, 2014, 03:30:45 AMThe axe itself is balanced on his shoulders (or as close as possible), so that's where you probably get the weightlessness from. I also want to give it a bit of the Ike "I can hold it in one hand and you can't" feeling. I'll see what I can do with the axe.

I think the issue comes from the pose not being broken up enough.  All body parts move at the same time at the same speed- even on the nose flick thing.  What you're missing is called overlapping action.  The main parts you can add overlap to are the shoulders/axe, hips and knees.  
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 07:29:08 PM
I think the issue comes from the pose not being broken up enough.  All body parts move at the same time at the same speed- even on the nose flick thing.  What you're missing is called overlapping action.  The main parts you can add overlap to are the shoulders/axe, hips and knees.

Makes sense. I'll add some overlapping with the right arm/shoulder and hips.

What about the Axe Swing, though?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 07:46:01 PM
I'm starting to like this forum again.  I don't gotta wait ages to get replies =p

___

The second one looks better except for the startup when the axe switched orientation.  But you're still suffering from moving everything at the same rate.  It's really killing the animation.  Theres no acceleration or deceleration to the swing.  It doesn't make sense to support the axe on his shoulders, but then be able to pick it up single handed with one of the toughest hand placement to support the axe...  Let the shoulders be the pivot point instead. Oh yea don't forget about weight distribution. But  I'm writing too much, so I'll add more feedback if you work on it more.

The hand placement on the axe doesn't make much sense unless the action was more of a large swing which isn't meant for slowing down easily- which is lost since he moves back to idle reeeeally fast with zero recoil.- Last I played Brawl, I don't remember Ike being all too quick with recoil or startup.  Here's a few references

Same hand placement.  The swing fits since he wants alot of power and isn't worried about slowing it down -the log will do that.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


In this one, the hand placement is distributed.  The higher one allows better translational movement and supports most of the axe weight.  The lower one allows better control over rotational movement and supports creating torque.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



....spoilered images
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 07:46:01 PM
I'm starting to like this forum again.  I don't gotta wait ages to get replies =p

You're gonna jinx it, mate.

Quote
The second one looks better except for the startup when the axe switched orientation.  

I don't know how that actually happened tbh. Planning to fix that.

QuoteTheres no acceleration or deceleration to the swing.  It doesn't make sense to support the axe on his shoulders, but then be able to pick it up single handed with one of the toughest hand placement to support the axe...  Let the shoulders be the pivot point instead. Oh yea don't forget about weight distribution.

I'll be adding more frames before and after the swing. I didn't edit this at all after importing it from Maya, so it still needs improvement.

QuoteThe hand placement on the axe doesn't make much sense unless the action was more of a large swing which isn't meant for slowing down easily- which is lost since he moves back to idle reeeeally fast with zero recoil.- Last I played Brawl, I don't remember Ike being all too quick with recoil or startup.

Pretty much what I said above. I need to add lag in the animation itself. The hand placement was made when the model was vertexed. I could (and probably should) change it so that his hand is more on the center of the handle.


Quote
 Here's a few references

Same hand placement.  The swing fits since he wants alot of power and isn't worried about slowing it down -the log will do that.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


In this one, the hand placement is distributed.  The higher one allows better translational movement and supports most of the axe weight.  The lower one allows better control over rotational movement and supports creating torque.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Alright, noted.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 08:11:24 PM
Is there a reason you can't make the full animation in Maya?  You can always learn a little bit about IK rigging and add a placeholder axe.  The more flexible you get at rigging, the better you'll be able to make animations.  Instead of being tied down to a single rig (the HumanIK), you can change up your rig in the moment for whatever action/animation you need.

Checkout this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p0WQJtjZZ0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p0WQJtjZZ0) and some of this http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=54&t=26998&page=1&pp=15 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=54&t=26998&page=1&pp=15)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 08:56:18 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 08:11:24 PM
Is there a reason you can't make the full animation in Maya?

I don't know how to add individual frames like in BBox (where you can randomly insert random frames in). That and afaik, there's no way to add swords or other things like that to the HumanIK.

Quote
You can always learn a little bit about IK rigging and add a placeholder axe.  The more flexible you get at rigging, the better you'll be able to make animations.  Instead of being tied down to a single rig (the HumanIK), you can change up your rig in the moment for whatever action/animation you need.

Checkout this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p0WQJtjZZ0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p0WQJtjZZ0) and some of this http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=54&t=26998&page=1&pp=15 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=54&t=26998&page=1&pp=15)

I'll definitely take a look at them. Thanks for the info.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 09:46:59 PM
Quote from: Zed on June 24, 2014, 08:56:18 PM
I don't know how to add individual frames like in BBox (where you can randomly insert random frames in). That and afaik, there's no way to add swords or other things like that to the HumanIK.

-Right click on the timeline -> keys-> add/remove inbetween

-It should be as simple as adding a custom IK rig for the sword bone + a proxy mesh.  I'll look into it since I'm gonna learn how to rig anyways.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on June 24, 2014, 09:53:35 PM
Yeah, if he's gonna be using an axe that big, the swing is probably going to come from the hips and shoulder, not from the arm itself. The arm is simply used to maintain proper aim and control, while the shoulder and hips provide momentum. In fact, that's true of most fighting styles: Power comes from momentum. Precision comes from strength. A total lightweight with very little arm strength can throw a very strong punch with proper use of torque and momentum. He just won't be able to aim when doing so.

In fact, go find a big heavy stick and try acting it out yourself to figure out what you have to do to get the swing out with the most speed and power. Maybe try to test what the most efficient way is to stop the swing and retain some form of balance and control. (Preferably don't do this in a small cramped room, or anywhere where you're likely to break something.)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 24, 2014, 09:58:28 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 09:46:59 PM
-Right click on the timeline -> keys-> add/remove inbetween

Fantastic!

Quote
-It should be as simple as adding a custom IK rig for the sword bone + a proxy mesh.  I'll look into it since I'm gonna learn how to rig anyways.

Keep me updated. I'll cry if you don't :srs:

On a random walk I was taking today, I decided to completely redo the attack (so it's a one handed swing, as opposed to a two handed one). The location of where the axe holds the handle will be the same (unless I edit it before I make the gif), but I'll make it so that the hand is about half way on the handle.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 24, 2014, 11:42:27 PM
You should also know that you should be able to animate the normal bones in Maya without IK instead of having to do it in BB.  

I'm unsure how the idea of only using HumanIK for animating started, but just so others know,  the Human IK is just an IK rig (common sense).  Nothing about it should make it work in Brawl like magic.  In the end, you bake onto the normal bones which is the equivalent of animating the normal bones so I don't see why animating them manually or using a custom IK rig should break anything.

Basically what I'm saying is that there is nothing to "figure out".  Go make or attach custom IK rigs or animate like you would in BB.  It'll export just fine.

____

A quick sanity check.  The sword animates fine, I was just moving a whole bunch of things.

Maya, BrawlBox Gifs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The key tangents are messed up, but I think that's on BB.  I think the tangents are generated instead of read.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 25, 2014, 12:19:11 AM
Would you export it the same way as you do with HumanIK?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 25, 2014, 12:24:04 AM
Yeap, select all bones -> export selected.
(ofc, ensure the settings are correct too)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 29, 2014, 12:03:04 AM
Edited the Wait animation from earlier

(http://i.imgur.com/voMB6FN.gif)

Forgot to make the fist form during the animation, but that's an easy fix. I think I should fix the arm a bit, but it's a minor inconvenience. Will work on the Attack11 again.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on June 29, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
it almost looks like he's slapping himself... i think the "quick" part, is WAY too quick...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on June 29, 2014, 03:15:38 PM
If this is a wait1, his non-weapon arm should just kind of hang by his side. The motion it has right now looks out of place
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 29, 2014, 05:21:14 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on June 29, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
it almost looks like he's slapping himself... i think the "quick" part, is WAY too quick...

I'm going to use psa to slow it down to at least half. That and like I said, he'll lake a fist before the fast part.

Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on June 29, 2014, 03:15:38 PM
If this is a wait1, his non-weapon arm should just kind of hang by his side. The motion it has right now looks out of place

Its his wait2.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 29, 2014, 06:51:56 PM
Quote from: Zed on June 29, 2014, 05:21:14 PM
I'm going to use psa to slow it down to at least half.

Small rant about "I'll fix it in PSA"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Animation Feedback
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 29, 2014, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 29, 2014, 06:51:56 PM
Small rant about "I'll fix it in PSA"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


All of my animations that I make in Maya end up faster in BBox, so I've just resorted to using PSA to slow the problematic ones down. It isn't a big deal to slow it down in Maya (just need to do a bit of math, honestly).

But I'm not willing to invest time on making the animation, importing it to BBox, finding that it's too fast, going back in Maya and then slowing it down, and reimporting it to BBox when I have the rest of the MotionEtc to get through (I want to change some misc animations as well), plus redoing most (if not all) of the coding. When the solution is 1 line of code that doesn't have the possibility of breaking ANYTHING, then I'm going to use it.

Quote
Animation Feedback
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I haven't finished the Wait1 (all the ones I made weren't to my liking at all). I'll probably redo the frames right before and during the flick, I don't know why the arm spasms so much (for some reason, whenever I import animations into BBox, some of the animations will have unnecessary HipN movement, which is easy to change, but odd).
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on June 29, 2014, 07:38:46 PM
Quote from: Zed on June 29, 2014, 07:27:51 PM
All of my animations that I make in Maya end up faster in BBox, so I've just resorted to using PSA to slow the problematic ones down. It isn't a big deal to slow it down in Maya (just need to do a bit of math, honestly).

-_- Have you checked the frame rate of your scene in Maya? By default it's 24FPS like a film. You need to change it to 60FPS in the settings BEFORE you start animating. Smash bros. runs at 60FPS, as do many games.

Using FSM isn't always a good option on common actions because it may effect the responsiveness of your characters' controls.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on June 29, 2014, 10:10:17 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 29, 2014, 07:38:46 PM
-_- Have you checked the frame rate of your scene in Maya? By default it's 24FPS like a film. You need to change it to 60FPS in the settings BEFORE you start animating. Smash bros. runs at 60FPS, as do many games.

Yeah, it's at 60 fps. Either that or there's some other setting that wasn't in your image that I forgot to change.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on June 29, 2014, 10:18:18 PM
Playblast it with Maya to see how fast the animation really is instead of Playbacking it in the program which isn't reliable.

Right Click on the timeline -> Playblast
Make sure the playblast settings are correct -> [ ]

*Don't use the .gif format for playblasting.  That setting is just to set the image type per frame. Instead use something like PNG
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 30, 2014, 09:02:50 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 30, 2014, 04:12:38 PMLeft.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Right.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on July 01, 2014, 07:55:35 PM
The foot slide is awkward. Something that size should have to actually step the front foot across in order to make such an attack. (Something more human-sized and human-balanced could probably simply slide the front foot.) Also, the rear foot shouldn't slide at all. It should simply twist in place.

Although, I should mention that if you follow my suggestion about stepping with the front foot first, the move as a whole becomes a lot laggier on the startup.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 01, 2014, 08:37:10 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on July 01, 2014, 07:55:35 PM
The foot slide is awkward. Something that size should have to actually step the front foot across in order to make such an attack. (Something more human-sized and human-balanced could probably simply slide the front foot.) Also, the rear foot shouldn't slide at all. It should simply twist in place.

Although, I should mention that if you follow my suggestion about stepping with the front foot first, the move as a whole becomes a lot laggier on the startup.
Well this is a fast paced game, so I can get away with some unrealistic movements. Though I can try to make the left leg take a step when preforming the whip.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 02:58:25 PM
http://youtu.be/fNoXLRXIXx0 (http://youtu.be/fNoXLRXIXx0)

I sure love module hacking
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 04, 2014, 03:04:11 PM
You got Final Smash articles to load outside the Final Smash without crashing? o.O
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 03:07:11 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 04, 2014, 03:04:11 PM
You got Final Smash articles to load outside the Final Smash without crashing? o.O
Nah, I got the camera control from the light arrow to work on her standard B attack if you hit a opponent
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 04, 2014, 03:55:13 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 03:07:11 PM
Nah, I got the camera control from the light arrow to work on her standard B attack if you hit a opponent
Oh.

Is there anything else that you looked into?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 04, 2014, 04:03:40 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 03:07:11 PM
Nah, I got the camera control from the light arrow to work on her standard B attack if you hit a opponent

We were just talking about this!

Were you able to edit the camera, or are you still figuring that out?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Archer(AkenoS3) on July 04, 2014, 04:55:00 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 02:58:25 PM
http://youtu.be/fNoXLRXIXx0 (http://youtu.be/fNoXLRXIXx0)

I sure love module hacking
Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 04, 2014, 03:04:11 PM
You got Final Smash articles to load outside the Final Smash without crashing? o.O
Quote from: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 03:07:11 PM
Nah, I got the camera control from the light arrow to work on her standard B attack if you hit a opponent
So... It's like... You put her Final Smash on her Neutral B without the articles... wow...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 05:28:56 PM
Quote from: Airi AkenoS3 on July 04, 2014, 04:55:00 PM
So... It's like... You put her Final Smash on her Neutral B without the articles... wow...
not sure if sarcasm or joy.
yes basically, but you can never make the camera movement on hit like that without module hacking! even if you literally copy-paste stuff to another action, it will fail 100%

Quote from: Zed on July 04, 2014, 04:03:40 PM
We were just talking about this!

Were you able to edit the camera, or are you still figuring that out?
havent touch the "camera" yet, I am playing with hardcored Special attacks like that Zelda Final Smash
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 04, 2014, 05:40:13 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 05:28:56 PM
havent touch the "camera" yet, I am playing with hardcored Special attacks like that Zelda Final Smash

Alrighty, well good luck!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Archer(AkenoS3) on July 04, 2014, 06:49:08 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 04, 2014, 05:28:56 PM
not sure if sarcasm or joy.
You can take it as sarcasm because it's porting an attack.
You can take it as joy because it's something I wanted to do once and it froze in my face.
So... I'll say it's joy! :D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 04, 2014, 08:09:59 PM
Alright so I made a new win animation for Link, and it looks great in Maya. But after imports into BBox it looks meh:

(http://i.imgur.com/VzTDZdT.png)

For Playblast, do I get the individual frames and then put them together in a gif or what?

Whoops, forgot to include the gif showing what it looks like in BBox.

I need to clean up the end of the animation...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on July 04, 2014, 08:15:15 PM
That's what I do, but there might be a better way.  I playblast then open up all the frames as layers in gimp.  Then just export with the correct frame speed.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 04, 2014, 10:56:31 PM
Here's the gif of it in BBox.

(http://i.imgur.com/rVSJ6LT.gif)

Going to try and get the Maya version.

And here is in Maya (sorry for the quality, it was the best I could do).

(http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/gif_delay_1404516823_f70d61cc57.gif)

(I think the gif might be a little messed up...)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on July 05, 2014, 06:28:06 AM
I agree.

I can't see the second one.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on July 05, 2014, 02:17:52 PM
It was there yesterday, heh. And a few frames were just cut & pasted into a different spot so the sword spin looked wrong.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 05, 2014, 02:48:47 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on July 05, 2014, 02:17:52 PM
And a few frames were just cut & pasted into a different spot so the sword spin looked wrong.

For the BBox one or the Maya one?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on July 06, 2014, 04:28:19 PM
The Maya one.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MegaBoy5000 on July 06, 2014, 11:13:22 PM
I am making slow but steady progress in my Greninja wait

here:
http://i.imgur.com/XZYKWSi.gif (http://i.imgur.com/XZYKWSi.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 06, 2014, 11:30:45 PM
Quote from: MegaBoy5000 on July 06, 2014, 11:13:22 PMI am making slow but steady progress in my Greninja wait
but i don't know how to post gifs lol
1.) Upload to an image hosting website. Ex: http://imgur.com/ (http://imgur.com/)
2.) Copy the BCC Code url.
3.) Paste it in this thread.
4.) Profit.

It can't be any easier. ._.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 06, 2014, 11:38:29 PM
I swear to god, all the gifs I make are waaay too big. Then I resize it so that it can be uploaded, and then they turn up tiny.

(http://i.imgur.com/uvoMikA.gif)

custom rigged tentacles for my Dark Link PSA, I wanted to see if they would animate the way I wanted to, and fortunately they do.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MegaBoy5000 on July 07, 2014, 12:58:30 AM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 06, 2014, 11:30:45 PM
1.) Upload to an image hosting website. Ex: http://imgur.com/ (http://imgur.com/)
2.) Copy the BCC Code url.
3.) Paste it in this thread.
4.) Profit.

It can't be any easier. ._.

Well fudge me
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on July 08, 2014, 03:40:47 AM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on July 08, 2014, 03:24:18 AM
Finally finished re-animating her aerials
[spoiler]
B-Air
(http://i.imgur.com/vHNxvpE.gif)
U-Air
(http://i.imgur.com/8t5QXi8.gif)
D-Air
(http://i.imgur.com/h3jhb16.gif)
F-Air
(http://i.imgur.com/pmi9sYh.gif)
N-Air
(http://i.imgur.com/sAhXtph.gif)

The N-Air and the F-Air are kinda rough because they were frustrating me very much, so I settled for that. Luma attacks differently in her Down and back aerial attacks. Where Rosalina doesn't cover, Luma does. Oh, and I made the Saturnian Ring and animated it!
(http://i.imgur.com/mUQ9LrK.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Archer(AkenoS3) on July 08, 2014, 11:00:26 AM
This looks really smooth! You made a great job with them!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on July 10, 2014, 09:44:30 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mFCu-PLHJk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mFCu-PLHJk#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on July 11, 2014, 02:28:11 AM
That is absolutely frickin' amazing. I love it!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 12, 2014, 08:40:10 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/x74EH0D.gif)

I'd like a lot of critiquing on the run animation.

I also realize that I messed up a keyframe near the end of the run.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on July 12, 2014, 08:59:11 PM
All I can think of is toe movement... lol...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 12, 2014, 09:00:47 PM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on July 12, 2014, 08:59:11 PM
All I can think of is toe movement... lol...

I didn't add the toe to the control rig in maya. I'll be sure to fix it.

Anything else?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on July 12, 2014, 09:04:52 PM
I forgot this thread existsed, so I should probably post some GIFs here as well... lol...

Getting back into the hacking scene by making another Update to Gunslinger Samus. Decided to revamp her animations, as well as make new attacks for her.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on July 13, 2014, 01:24:10 AM
@Zed
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


@Bloody
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Backflip
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


3rd animation
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm tired of typing =/.  I'll give more crits later or tomoro. I got things to do lol

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on July 13, 2014, 01:52:38 AM
Run Animation

- I did have some torso and hip rotation in there. You suggesting I add more?

- That does kinda make sense... lol...

Backflip

- There is actually 5 Frames of Startup before doing the actual flip. Yes it's for a dodge, so I can't do much about it there.

- Her back was arched back during the flip. Though it did not bend forward at any point. I'll probably change it at some point.

- After thinking about it, I think you're right on that point. I do lose some of that leg movement I initially wanted though... lol...

Side Tilt

- My only excuse to this was that I honestly don't know where else the arm should go... lol... Maybe the other side of the leg would be a better option... lol... Upon me frame by framing it, I found that the arm clipped through the leg as well... lol...

- That was just pure laziness on my part... lol.

- Momentum and velocity are things I should take more into consideration... lol...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 13, 2014, 04:32:59 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on July 13, 2014, 01:24:10 AM
-His feet go through the ground

DOH!

Quote
-Needs hip/pelvis movement along with a little shoulder movement.  They're stiff

Definitely will do.

Quote
-around the time he hits the edge of the floor it looks like he tilted sideways away from the camera. His front leg also pops/jerks too.

I... don't quite follow

Quote
-your knee animations are wrong I think.  When you run, the lower legs stay back for a while and swing forward at a point (check out some runnings references)

I was using a running reference. Specifically, this one: http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/0e/b7/animation-0eb7aa35da77b2bc02f6a5db26b57b67_h.jpg?ts=93246 (http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/0e/b7/animation-0eb7aa35da77b2bc02f6a5db26b57b67_h.jpg?ts=93246)

Quote
-I personally think he bounces up and down too much. It seemed like you were going for lower sheik type of run. If you are, his upper body needs to be lower and more forward/off balanced

I wasn't going for a low run. Although I might consider it.

Quote
-The animation is very linear.  There's no easing.  Things stop and go abruptly.

Explanation on this would be awesome.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on July 13, 2014, 04:46:39 AM
Quote-The animation is very linear.  There's no easing.  Things stop and go abruptly.
QuoteExplanation on this would be awesome.

What he's saying is like... Say for example, you have a ball with a tail. The ball stops but because of Physics, The Tail is lighter, and wants to keep going. The animation term for this is called Overshooting. Before an action goes to it's rest position, it would overshoot, and go a bit farther before transitioning back to it's next position.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on July 13, 2014, 05:10:24 AM
Yeah what Bloody Canadian said.  For example, take a look at link's back foot when it goes from "going back" to "coming  forward".

Quote
I was using a running reference.---
The issue with using non-real references is that you'll also be inheriting/using/referencing any issues it has. 

____

@Bloody

Quote
- I did have some torso and hip rotation in there. You suggesting I add more?

Yeahp

For the side tilt, add some recoil coming from the gun.  It'll make the animation more interesting..and make a bit more sense since she's shooting it.   Actually think about adding shot recoil to all of the animations that shoot.  It seems like that's the main thing missing from them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on July 13, 2014, 05:18:05 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on July 13, 2014, 05:10:24 AM
For the side tilt, add some recoil coming from the gun.  It'll make the animation more interesting..and make a bit more sense since she's shooting it.   Actually think about adding shot recoil to all of the animations that shoot.  It seems like that's the main thing missing from them.

I'll probably do that once I figure out which frames the hitboxes come out. I'd rather have a working moveset finished 1st before fine tuning animations. Filesize is a thing I should take note of after all... Then again, both of her guns fire at different rates, so that may be a thing to consider...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 13, 2014, 05:31:52 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on July 13, 2014, 05:10:24 AM
Yeah what Bloody Canadian said.  For example, take a look at link's back foot when it goes from "going back" to "coming  forward".
The issue with using non-real references is that you'll also be inheriting/using/referencing any issues it has. 

Do you mean near the ending of thee animation?

If so, yeah, I need to fix that. Like, really bad.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on July 13, 2014, 01:53:03 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about recoil. At the very least, try not to overdo it.

Besides, as ABC said her two handguns fire at different rates.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on July 13, 2014, 05:16:42 PM
a wip for my chaos o psa animations are by Bladewolf (Blaseth)

http://youtu.be/YlJC9SYZnoo (http://youtu.be/YlJC9SYZnoo)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 05:19:49 PM
(http://i59.tinypic.com/29p98nb.jpg)

nothing to say here
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 13, 2014, 05:43:43 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 05:19:49 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


nothing to say here
I see wind physics for Mario's Cape?

Quote from: Leon Exodio on July 13, 2014, 05:16:42 PM
a wip for my chaos o psa animations are by Bladewolf (Blaseth)

http://youtu.be/YlJC9SYZnoo (http://youtu.be/YlJC9SYZnoo)
I like the concept, yet the overall animation needs a bit of polish.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on July 13, 2014, 05:45:14 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 05:19:49 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

nothing to say here

Pete confirmed for smash 4
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 07:04:47 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 13, 2014, 05:43:43 PM
I see wind physics for Mario's Cape?
yes you did :3 made it for MarioDKs SMBZ mario
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 13, 2014, 07:07:52 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 07:04:47 PM
yes you did :3 made it for MarioDKs SMBZ mario
Did you add these to Mario's Havok Data? Or did you use existing Havok Data from a different character?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 07:14:27 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 13, 2014, 07:07:52 PM
Did you add these to Mario's Havok Data? Or did you use existing Havok Data from a different character?
testing phaze, could add one more Havok Data which was Marth. MarioDK did do the model with the cape from Marth, so I used Marth Havok Data (mario has still his own)

I will test if it works ti add Havok Data to those who doesnt already have it! example Kirby or Jigglypuff, would love if we got Tits Jiggle Physics~

sadly, parshing out the Havok Data will be too much for me atm sadly since its mostly Maya and I sadly dont use it D:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 13, 2014, 07:39:54 PM
Quote from: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 07:14:27 PM
testing phaze, could add one more Havok Data which was Marth. MarioDK did do the model with the cape from Marth, so I used Marth Havok Data (mario has still his own)
That's what other users do if they want wind physics for certain things.

Quote from: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 07:14:27 PMwould love if we got Tits Jiggle Physics~
(http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/u/hurrplz.png?1)

Quote from: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 07:14:27 PMI will test if it works ti add Havok Data to those who doesnt already have it! example Kirby or Jigglypuff
Adding would be phenomenal. That way, we won't be limited to the current wind physic bones. Could you also look into Diddy Kong's tail? Since that has wind physics, but it's only applied when he's being thrown by someone.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on July 13, 2014, 07:56:33 PM
Havok data? O.o
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 13, 2014, 08:07:40 PM
Quote from: Velen on July 13, 2014, 07:56:33 PM
Havok data? O.o

Physics and gravity effecting things like dresses and whatnot.

If I'm not mistaken, of course.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on July 13, 2014, 08:13:11 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 13, 2014, 07:39:54 PM
That's what other users do if they want wind physics for certain things.
(http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/u/hurrplz.png?1)
Adding would be phenomenal. That way, we won't be limited to the current wind physic bones. Could you also look into Diddy Kong's tail? Since that has wind physics, but it's only applied when he's being thrown by someone.
so there was already discovered? w00t, I must living under a stone xD

dont thing the Wind Physics affect it if it is a animations attach to it! when diddy get thrown, those bones doesnt have any animations, letting the physics do that work
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 24, 2014, 08:22:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Falcon on July 24, 2014, 06:29:45 PM
So I started to work on Roy's new Final Smash

(http://i.imgur.com/nhfG2mV.gif)

I know exactly how I want to code it, but the problem is there... Why does he stomp his foot? (I'm assuming TSG or KJP are going to show up and help out :V)

I realize that the sword is being held awkwardly.

The beginning is his new wait (sword is sheathed), in the animation, Roy pulls out and spins his sword (so model changers will be used, didn't show the spinning in the gif), and then throw out a tornado of fire.

Fixed the problem when I reanimated the end of the animation

(http://i.imgur.com/Earoaud.gif)

I added more inbetweens, so it's slightly different than the gif that's shown above, but it's pretty much the same.

Post Merge: July 26, 2014, 12:01:21 AM

New Roy Taunt/Entry animation

(http://i.imgur.com/j2PRlq8.gif)

I'll probably add more of a pause when he raises the sword, so it bursts into flame before he spins it and sheaths it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on July 26, 2014, 08:23:24 PM
Sword needs more extension on the Final Smash, 'cause that won't have any range at all. Just have him tilt his wrist or hold the sword in a looser grip to allow it to extend out farther. Right now, it doesn't look like there's any real "hit" to it, partly as a result of the lack of sword extension. He just steps forward and waves his sword around a bit.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 26, 2014, 08:42:13 PM
Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on July 26, 2014, 08:23:24 PM
Sword needs more extension on the Final Smash, 'cause that won't have any range at all.

It's not supposed to. He sends out a tornado of fire, which if it connects, will lead to the next part of the FS which I'm still working on.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: JamietheAuraUser on July 27, 2014, 08:01:01 PM
Oh, okay. That makes sense then.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 27, 2014, 08:20:01 PM
Three more animations:

New Entry/Taunt Animation:

(http://i.imgur.com/DEyOWCF.gif)

I've added more inbetweens for when he lifts his sword. It'll have fire gfx. Hopefully a custom one.

New Up/Down Special

(http://i.imgur.com/ipHL1c2.gif)

I've added more inbetweens between the pinnacle of the jump to when he starts going down, so it flows more smoothly now

New Up/Down Special (Fully charged)

(http://i.imgur.com/DEyOWCF.gif)

Same as above, but I also struggled with interpolation at the landing. I'll rotate the sword in BBox, I find it much easier to do with that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 08:35:19 PM
Shp0 lip sync animation. A remake of one my old animations.
http://youtu.be/yT1prq6F9FM (http://youtu.be/yT1prq6F9FM)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on July 30, 2014, 08:53:22 PM
I get excited every time you post here because I know it's gonna be something. Midna related.

:1
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
Thanks! I'm currently working on getting moving particles to work in the entry animation.
http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0 (http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on July 30, 2014, 09:30:40 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 08:35:19 PM
Shp0 lip sync animation. A remake of one my old animations.
http://youtu.be/yT1prq6F9FM (http://youtu.be/yT1prq6F9FM)
That will be a full PSA right?
Please say yes
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 09:46:08 PM
Of course!
Unfortunately I still need to do a lot more animations and I don't have much time because of work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on July 30, 2014, 09:49:53 PM
Yesssssssss

By the way, I don't remember if this was specified at some point, but she's over Ness, right? And if so, I guess that means no BrawlEx slot?

I'd be totally cool with that, I hardly ever use Ness anyway.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on July 30, 2014, 09:55:56 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
Thanks! I'm currently working on getting moving particles to work in the entry animation.
http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0 (http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0)

Think you'll be able to figure out Link's stuff and maybe Zelda's?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 10:01:01 PM
Quote from: Gravity on July 30, 2014, 09:49:53 PM
Yesssssssss

By the way, I don't remember if this was specified at some point, but she's over Ness, right? And if so, I guess that means no BrawlEx slot?

I'd be totally cool with that, I hardly ever use Ness anyway.
Correct, she's over Ness. I haven't really looked at BrawlEx before, but I can give it a look.

Quote from: Velen on July 30, 2014, 09:55:56 PM
Think you'll be able to figure out Link's stuff and maybe Zelda's?
Their shp0 animations?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Chaos_Knight on July 30, 2014, 10:10:47 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
Thanks! I'm currently working on getting moving particles to work in the entry animation.
http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0 (http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0)
Looking at this make me wanna play as Midna even more in Hyrule Warriors.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on July 30, 2014, 10:19:04 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 10:01:01 PM
Correct, she's over Ness. I haven't really looked at BrawlEx before, but I can give it a look.
Their shp0 animations?

Yeah, maybe a tutorial on how to edit them? SHP0 is a still uncracked part of editing for all of us and it would save some of us a lot of trouble if we knew how to do it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 10:36:24 PM
Quote from: Velen on July 30, 2014, 10:19:04 PM
Yeah, maybe a tutorial on how to edit them? SHP0 is a still uncracked part of editing for all of us and it would save some of us a lot of trouble if we knew how to do it.
Sure, but I don't have much time left because it's getting late (Europe). I can try and make a detailed tutorial when I get some time again.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on July 30, 2014, 10:47:22 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
Thanks! I'm currently working on getting moving particles to work in the entry animation.
http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0 (http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0)

I'm using that portal as well for my Dark Link PSA

What are the odds?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on July 31, 2014, 07:43:52 AM
That's neat! Use the particles from Eldin Bridge for sweet gfx without having to spend lots of hours with particles. I spent some days trying to figure out how particles work, until I noticed the portal from Eldin Brigde actually used particles.  :>.>palm:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on July 31, 2014, 01:44:57 PM
Quote from: Malfioz on July 30, 2014, 09:29:52 PM
Thanks! I'm currently working on getting moving particles to work in the entry animation.
http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0 (http://youtu.be/s1pI5aU2ET0)

i might use that too for my midna psa. but mine is based on twilight princess and hyrule warriors.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on August 01, 2014, 09:06:33 PM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on July 31, 2014, 01:44:57 PM
i might use that too for my midna psa. but mine is based on twilight princess and hyrule warriors.
Same here, but probably most from twilight princess.
Are you using that twili wolf from hyrule warriors for attacks or is your midna fighting by herself?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on August 01, 2014, 09:17:20 PM
I am going to have it midna by herself and the down-b will make it midna and Wolf link. and i might have the twili wolfs for one or two of midna's attacks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ThriceWise on August 03, 2014, 01:06:43 AM
http://youtu.be/RzoZPvWo5g8 (http://youtu.be/RzoZPvWo5g8)

WIP preview.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on August 03, 2014, 01:18:55 AM
That's the first good Little Mac I've seen. Is that the Punchout-Wii model?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 03, 2014, 01:25:27 AM
Quote from: ThriceWise on August 03, 2014, 01:06:43 AM
http://youtu.be/RzoZPvWo5g8 (http://youtu.be/RzoZPvWo5g8)

WIP preview.
You need to do so much more work on those animations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheSoraKid on August 03, 2014, 01:29:31 AM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 03, 2014, 01:25:27 AM
You need to do so much more work on those animations.
Pretty much, this...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on August 03, 2014, 02:33:07 AM
Quote from: ThriceWise on August 03, 2014, 01:06:43 AM
http://youtu.be/RzoZPvWo5g8 (http://youtu.be/RzoZPvWo5g8)

WIP preview.

wow. looks nice. animations need work, as other have said, mostly the wait(s?).
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ThriceWise on August 03, 2014, 02:45:27 AM
Quote from: SonicBrawler on August 03, 2014, 02:33:07 AM
wow. looks nice. animations need work, as other have said, mostly the wait(s?).

The waits arent done at all. Along with jumps, run, brake, squat, guard. I'm working on those now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: powerofthe17 on August 03, 2014, 03:35:21 PM
Oh wow so he gets the credit even though we are working together >:( oh how sweel!

Also I have been working on mine for a while along with Greninja oh how great is that it's like everyone hates me! :/ that was the same as mine only I have his wait one done and running animations and others I'll show it off when I get the project smash 4 build with a cloned little mac
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 03, 2014, 03:49:39 PM
Quote from: powerofthe17 on August 03, 2014, 03:35:21 PM
[Noob [censored]ing Intensifies]
Then why didn't you say anything before people started talking?

Also, lay off the freaking emotes, man. Do you not know how noobish that is?

Quote from: powerofthe17 on August 03, 2014, 03:35:21 PMAlso I have been working on mine for a while
Quote from: powerofthe17 on August 03, 2014, 03:35:21 PMthat was the same as mine only I have his wait one done and running animations and others I'll show it off when I get the project smash 4 build with a cloned little mac
Why don't you just show what you have? Don't turn this into some sort of competition.

Quote from: powerofthe17 on August 03, 2014, 03:35:21 PMoh how great is that it's like everyone hates me! :/
Maybe it's because of your incredibly noobish behavior.

Also, the Edit button exists for a reason. Use it if you want to add something to your post.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ThriceWise on August 03, 2014, 03:54:57 PM
Yeah dude, we haven't started working on anything together at all. You didnt contribute to anything in that video at all.

This was done by Jrush and me.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: powerofthe17 on August 03, 2014, 04:47:34 PM
Oh well I guess I was being a noob but I did give Jrush some of my animations so yeah and I guess I was acting stupid I'm sorry guys I'll will be better if that's what it takes to be a better user then ok I just get mad when I feel the world is coming down on me I've been betrayed by all of my friends and hurt by most people in my family so I'm sorry I came off so burnish so I'll be better

Edit: also my sd card freezes when I load marth so I have to wait for my build to get done but note I don't have the proper filming equipment so I only have a phone if you guys please bare with me when it's recorded? :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MegaBoy5000 on August 04, 2014, 10:35:48 PM
Quote from: powerofthe17 on August 03, 2014, 04:47:34 PM
Oh well I guess I was being a noob but I did give Jrush some of my animations so yeah and I guess I was acting stupid I'm sorry guys I'll will be better if that's what it takes to be a better user then ok I just get mad when I feel the world is coming down on me I've been betrayed by all of my friends and hurt by most people in my family so I'm sorry I came off so burnish so I'll be better

Edit: also my sd card freezes when I load marth so I have to wait for my build to get done but note I don't have the proper filming equipment so I only have a phone if you guys please bare with me when it's recorded? :)
the quality doesn't matter as long as the psa is good and well animated
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 04, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
Quote from: MegaBoy5000 on August 04, 2014, 10:35:48 PMthe quality doesn't matter as long as the psa is good and well animated
That's exactly what quality is. ._.

A quality PSA is well animated and has virtually no glitches/crashes.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lillith on August 04, 2014, 10:44:22 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 04, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
That's exactly what quality is. ._.
I think he was referring to the filming equipment/phone part.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 04, 2014, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on August 04, 2014, 10:44:22 PM
I think he was referring to the filming equipment/phone part.
Oh.

Well in that case, it kinda does matter. Almost no one is going to want to watch a video that's been recorded by a potato, myself included.

I'd rather see gif previews, than a potato recorded video that you can barely see.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: powerofthe17 on August 05, 2014, 12:03:38 AM
Also have a iPhone 5s which has a great focus quality on the recorder also records slomo so I'll try :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Archer(AkenoS3) on August 05, 2014, 12:13:52 AM
Quote from: powerofthe17 on August 05, 2014, 12:03:38 AM
Also have a iPhone 5s which has a great focus quality on the recorder also records slomo so I'll try :)
You better ask for someone else to record it OR buy a capture card. Or else people (like me) will more rant about quality video than the content of the vid itself.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: powerofthe17 on August 05, 2014, 12:17:08 AM
True so anyone willing to help?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 05, 2014, 12:26:16 AM
Get Dolphin Emulator and a Brawl ISO.

Dolphin: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/?ref=btn
Make sure you download the stable version.

I can't link you to a Brawl ISO, because linking to ISOs is illegal. You'll have to Google for a torrent.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: powerofthe17 on August 05, 2014, 12:28:35 AM
Darn it ok :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on August 05, 2014, 12:47:11 AM
my final smash for my chaos 0 psa still a working in progress

http://youtu.be/1n1P2Udm6rU?list=UUmlQwesDQ5ahljv-nFPqg3g (http://youtu.be/1n1P2Udm6rU?list=UUmlQwesDQ5ahljv-nFPqg3g)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on August 05, 2014, 01:42:23 AM
Quote from: Leon Exodio on August 05, 2014, 12:47:11 AM
my final smash for my chaos 0 psa still a working in progress

http://youtu.be/1n1P2Udm6rU?list=UUmlQwesDQ5ahljv-nFPqg3g (http://youtu.be/1n1P2Udm6rU?list=UUmlQwesDQ5ahljv-nFPqg3g)

It looks very nice. I'd suggest using the "remove player tags" code in the Final's subaction.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on August 05, 2014, 01:51:30 AM
Quote from: Captain Falcon on August 05, 2014, 01:42:23 AM
It looks very nice. I'd suggest using the "remove player tags" code in the Final's subaction.
i was lol thats why its a working in progress its still not done thats only the wait of the final i havent even code that attacks
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MegaBoy5000 on August 05, 2014, 04:12:01 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 04, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
That's exactly what quality is. ._.

A quality PSA is well animated and has virtually no glitches/crashes.
i mean the recording not the psa


Post Merge: August 05, 2014, 04:13:35 PM

Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 04, 2014, 10:48:03 PM
Oh.

Well in that case, it kinda does matter. Almost no one is going to want to watch a video that's been recorded by a potato, myself included.

I'd rather see gif previews, than a potato recorded video that you can barely see.
Imeant the quality doesn't have to be top notch. just decent not potato cam
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 07, 2014, 10:06:09 PM
Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 07, 2014, 09:30:16 PM
Thanks to a couple users, I have managed to add a nifty effect to a projectile for an upcoming character.

(http://i.imgur.com/A4b12TK.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on August 07, 2014, 10:28:26 PM
Yay it worked

I have no idea why the rock is changing colors but it works

The glittering is a nice touch though
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on August 08, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
Updated the shading. The colors now stand out more and that hideous dark spot is gone.

(http://i.imgur.com/iq95Sm4.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: powerofthe17 on August 09, 2014, 06:39:03 PM
ok so this is what I have to show for little mac thanks to Jordatri0force for recording this note that you'll notic some problems with the dash attack and his break animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koeb3AkSbMg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koeb3AkSbMg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mattimation on August 17, 2014, 05:35:31 PM
I think this might belong here: http://youtu.be/MXQqNeZDGyE?list=UUXr4SHvnJEmPM0GXzhraRZw (http://youtu.be/MXQqNeZDGyE?list=UUXr4SHvnJEmPM0GXzhraRZw) Everything is still in W.I.P. and some stuff might change in the next update.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ThriceWise on August 22, 2014, 01:28:14 AM
So here is a preview for Korra:

http://youtu.be/nJNPCvVLIkc (http://youtu.be/nJNPCvVLIkc)

She's almost done. Animation tweaks when switching elements need to be done and visual confirmation of what element is being used. Some other animations here and there and miscellaneous animations remaining. Right now, she's using ZSS animations though.

The other previews are also WIP's.

As for Little Mac. Still waiting on that model from Fquintella.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on August 23, 2014, 03:29:47 PM
Quote from: Bladewolf (Blaseth) on August 17, 2014, 05:35:31 PM
I think this might belong here: http://youtu.be/MXQqNeZDGyE?list=UUXr4SHvnJEmPM0GXzhraRZw (http://youtu.be/MXQqNeZDGyE?list=UUXr4SHvnJEmPM0GXzhraRZw) Everything is still in W.I.P. and some stuff might change in the next update.


That's funny, I requested an E-123 Omega PSA a long time ago and never got it because of some issues and delays . But now here's Gamma. I guess you gotta work your way up to E-123 then...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on September 07, 2014, 12:47:58 AM
Use A/A Help or A/A Requests for that, highonphazon. Not this thread.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kyouma on September 07, 2014, 03:03:06 PM
Quote from: ThriceWise on August 22, 2014, 01:28:14 AM
So here is a preview for Korra:

http://youtu.be/nJNPCvVLIkc (http://youtu.be/nJNPCvVLIkc)

She's almost done. Animation tweaks when switching elements need to be done and visual confirmation of what element is being used. Some other animations here and there and miscellaneous animations remaining. Right now, she's using ZSS animations though.

The other previews are also WIP's.

As for Little Mac. Still waiting on that model from Fquintella.
this one really got my attention, and that model is pretty nice
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on September 11, 2014, 09:37:51 PM
This is my Little Mac- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3m2gg5s7MjU This is what I have done so far, and I am still working on animations/ codes.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on September 11, 2014, 10:18:04 PM
Quote from: Fanincapse on September 11, 2014, 09:37:51 PMThis is my Little Mac- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3m2gg5s7MjU This is what I have done so far, and I am still working on animations/ codes.
You need to do so much more work.

Everything about this PSA looks rushed and poorly done. Random enlargement, obvious use of Captain Falcon's animations, obvious use of the Little Mac Assist Trophy animations (I would be okay with this if you managed to properly adjust it to fit your character's bones and transition back into Wait1), obvious use of Marth's animations, poor custom animations, kicking (Boxers do not kick!), poor recolor work, and poor PSA coding. Not to also mention the potato quality.

Unless your computer is weak, get Dolphin Emulator and a Brawl ISO.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on September 11, 2014, 11:25:58 PM
I don't think I am going to continue the Bowser JR and Shadow Mario over Zelda and Sheik. not much motivation.

i might do this instead:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


won't be 100% based on sm4sh, but a lot of the moves will be based on it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on September 13, 2014, 05:38:11 PM
are you also gonna make his drills?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on September 13, 2014, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on September 13, 2014, 05:38:11 PM
are you also gonna make his drills?

probably not. nor will i add the kart, fork, etc
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on September 13, 2014, 10:16:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3lw1BkQmtY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3lw1BkQmtY)

WIP beyond all belief
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on September 17, 2014, 10:18:51 PM
So after about a week of working on this on and off, I managed to get something that's decent
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/O9D7U2V.gif)
Based it off of her escape move from Strikers Charged. In a way, it's similar to ZSS's special move. You press B, she attacks. Not exactly sure what yet, but yeah~
Critique is welcomed. The physics engine will make the dress and hair movement better in-game
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 02, 2014, 09:08:55 AM
Ahem:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 02, 2014, 01:21:17 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 02, 2014, 09:08:55 AM
Ahem:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni

Looks like the master of making the best freaking GFX that I have seen to date is back.

Or at least here for a while.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 02, 2014, 07:48:43 PM
Quote from: Shulk on October 02, 2014, 01:21:17 PM
Looks like the master of making the best freaking GFX that I have seen to date is back.

Or at least here for a while.

Lol gracias, for the time being yes I'll be on the forums for around 3-5 weeks just let me know if you need anything GFX related for that Shulk PSA of yours.

*Cough*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 02, 2014, 11:07:25 PM
Cleaned up the off topic. These noobs, I [censored]ing swear...

Anyways, I thought I should show everyone a few things about what I have cooking.

For those who don't follow my PSA thread, I've been working on updating Eldiran's Wisp to give it some new tools and make it more viable, as Eldiran's Wisp is quite underpowered.

A new mechanic Wisp will have is the ability to change its Specials with its stance change. The mechanic has always been a part of Wisp, but only for cosmetic purposes. With the update however, Wisp gains some new tools.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fire Wisp is the most complete, so I'll show what I have with Fire Wisp.

Neutral Special. A powerful move at the cost of self damage.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Special: A recovery move that can travel in all 8 directions. It explodes at the apex of the move or if it hits the ground, a wall, or a ceiling.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Final Smash: A Smart Bomb like explosion that can be charged for more power.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Since Wisp is just a bunch of GFX, nothing really seems appealing at the moment, but once I upload a video, you'll see just how great this update will be.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 02, 2014, 11:23:48 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 02, 2014, 11:07:25 PM
Since Wisp is just a bunch of GFX, nothing really seems appealing at the moment

I could try and grab the model from Wisp/Io from DOTA2 if you want.

And I want to know how you coded the Up special. I have ideas, I just don't know if they'd work
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 02, 2014, 11:29:26 PM
Quote from: Shulk on October 02, 2014, 11:23:48 PM
I could try and grab the model from Wisp/Io from DOTA2 if you want.
I want to keep true to the original Wisp by not having any models.

Quote from: Shulk on October 02, 2014, 11:23:48 PMAnd I want to know how you coded the Up special. I have ideas, I just don't know if they'd work
I stated how I got all 8 directions working on my thread, but I'll quote it here.

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on September 30, 2014, 03:28:17 PM
I did it, guys.

After about 4 years of people not knowing for sure, I've found a reliable way to use commands, based on diagonal control stick input (up-left, up-right, down-left, and down-right).

Here's the coding I used. It'll work for all 8 directions + neutral (for those who press B, then do nothing with the control stick). Take note the wording in asterisks is just to define the direction the commands dictate.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 02, 2014, 11:34:45 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 02, 2014, 11:29:26 PM
I stated how I got all 8 directions working on my thread, but I'll quote it here.

Excellent.

But just out of curiosity, is the move similar to Fox/Falco/Wolf's Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf? As in, you have a period where you decide which direction to go and then you take off? Or is it more of a "I go where I please while I'm in this subaction"?

Also, I'll have to check again to make sure if Io has a model to begin with and isn't a bunch of GFX in the game itself :V
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on October 02, 2014, 11:44:10 PM
Can't wait for that Wisp update. The original one is pretty solid to this date, and hopefully you can make it even better.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 02, 2014, 11:44:45 PM
Quote from: Shulk on October 02, 2014, 11:34:45 PMBut just out of curiosity, is the move similar to Fox/Falco/Wolf's Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf? As in, you have a period where you decide which direction to go and then you take off? Or is it more of a "I go where I please while I'm in this subaction"?
It's more like Fire Fox. But if you put in a looping command, then you should be able to work it just fine.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on October 02, 2014, 11:55:49 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on October 02, 2014, 11:44:10 PM
Can't wait for that Wisp update. The original one is pretty solid to this date, and hopefully you can make it even better.

this^

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 03, 2014, 07:53:06 PM
Some more Wisp Stance Change stuff.

Aura/Electric Wisp will utilize Specials with follow up potential. I currently have Neutral and Up Special done for Aura/Electric Wisp.

Neutral Special: A move with low knockback and damage, but paralyzes foes for follow ups. I might use different GFX for this move.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Special: PK Wisp. Basically makes Wisp a more free control PK Thunder with a paralyzing blast at the peak of the move.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ice Wisp will utilize Specials focused on disabling foes. Neutral Special for Ice Wisp is currently complete (aside from SFX).

Neutral Special. Cannot KO, but always freezes the foe for a good amount of time.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fire Wisp will focus on sheer power and Dark Wisp will focus on mind games.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 03, 2014, 08:06:07 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 02, 2014, 07:48:43 PM
Lol gracias, for the time being yes I'll be on the forums for around 3-5 weeks just let me know if you need anything GFX related for that Shulk PSA of yours.

*Cough*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
i like what im seeing  there do you have a full moveset planned for him already?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 04, 2014, 12:48:35 AM
Eh mostly its a partial layout but you should shoot me a PM about any moves you'd like to see I'm always open to suggestions.
Currently here's a very basic layout
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Most of the above is done, I have a very detailed moveset of the above already made, but I figure to keep it short and sweet for the WIP thread.
SOLARBEAM!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: highonphazon on October 05, 2014, 12:55:04 PM
Hopefully it's ok that I ask this here.

Does anyone know where in the Brawl partition is the graphical, efls, reff, etc data for the boss rush/endurance rest room with the three heart containers?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 05, 2014, 01:32:37 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 04, 2014, 12:48:35 AM
Eh mostly its a partial layout but you should shoot me a PM about any moves you'd like to see I'm always open to suggestions.
Currently here's a very basic layout
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Most of the above is done, I have a very detailed moveset of the above already made, but I figure to keep it short and sweet for the WIP thread.
SOLARBEAM!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
graphic looks good but just wondering isnt solarbeam suposed to be yellow? since well its a sun beam.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: highonphazon on October 05, 2014, 01:52:22 PM
Quote from: Carnage on October 05, 2014, 01:32:37 PM
graphic looks good but just wondering isnt solarbeam suposed to be yellow? since well its a sun beam.

Well, pkmn stadium's is yellow, Brawl's is white... GBA games is orange and green IIRC.

I feel like yellow with flame like gfx at the start would look really cool, more like a sun beam and would differentiate it from the other whitish beams in the game (Halberd cannon, Lucario's FS, Ivysaur, Landmaster cannon, Deoxys, etc.)

EDIT: didn't see the green beam color, pretty cool actually. Maybe get Link's leaves on there to spice it up? Just a thought. Or Tabuu's little blob particles would look good too.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 06, 2014, 08:39:02 PM
Quote from: highonphazon on October 05, 2014, 01:52:22 PM
EDIT: didn't see the green beam color, pretty cool actually. Maybe get Link's leaves on there to spice it up? Just a thought. Or Tabuu's little blob particles would look good too.

Wanted to get an air pressure effect that wrapped around the beam, but I'm currently abusing GFXs in large numbers I'm only like 20% done coding the moveset and I've added around 10 GFX but some moves just need to have the iconic look and this is one of them!  Behold Leaf Storm!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 06, 2014, 08:54:31 PM
That looks great, Omni. I feel the leaves could be a bit more transparent though. They could also use some texture to make them look more like leaves.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 06, 2014, 09:37:58 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 06, 2014, 08:54:31 PM
That looks great, Omni. I feel the leaves could be a bit more transparent though. They could also use some texture to make them look more like leaves.

Thanks, I was debating about that I used this glowing texture cuz I thought I'd give it a bit more of a "Razor Leaf" feel but I have a standard leaf texture as well I'll try it out!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 06, 2014, 11:12:21 PM
that for sure looks like an amazing gfx for a leaf storm move 10 gfxs already in? i hope filesize isnt a issue becuase those gfxs do look nice.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 07, 2014, 12:49:09 AM
Filesize isn't a problem at the moment, and i don't suspect it will be!  Litte bit of Dragon Claw below:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 07, 2014, 01:06:25 AM
The claws look a bit like Pit's Swords/Bow thingy.

Or you just custom made the [censored] out of them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on October 07, 2014, 01:07:13 AM
seeing as how i love all of your psas, i know this will be epic. looks nice
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 07, 2014, 01:45:31 AM
After some thinking on what I should do for Ice Wisp's Up Special, I thought of a Homing Attack.

It's true that true homing isn't possible yet, but I've got the next best thing.

That said thing is Pseudo Homing. So far I have the 8 main directions, but you can edit it to more than just 8.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's a combination of stretching hitboxes, If commands, and Momentum commands. Unfortunately, it can eat up file size.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Speaking of that, I might have to port Wisp over someone else, as I think I have hit Jigglypuff's file size (despite said file size being lower than the original Wisp). :(
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: highonphazon on October 07, 2014, 07:34:06 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 06, 2014, 08:39:02 PM
Wanted to get an air pressure effect that wrapped around the beam, but I'm currently abusing GFXs in large numbers I'm only like 20% done coding the moveset and I've added around 10 GFX but some moves just need to have the iconic look and this is one of them!  Behold Leaf Storm!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-Omni

Very good use of the tornado. And like someone else said, the leaves are a little too glowy for me, but the attack looks excellent nonetheless.

I have a cool idea about implementing Sludge Bomb into Sceptile's moveset too... involves purple blobs lol. Was Sludge Bomb one of his staple moves? Totally forgot.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 07, 2014, 07:38:34 PM
Sceptile can't even learn Sludge Bomb nor Sludge Wave. .-.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 07, 2014, 07:41:34 PM
Quote from: highonphazon on October 07, 2014, 07:34:06 PM
Very good use of the tornado. And like someone else said, the leaves are a little too glowy for me, but the attack looks excellent nonetheless.

I have a cool idea about implementing Sludge Bomb into Sceptile's moveset too... involves purple blobs lol. Was Sludge Bomb one of his staple moves? Totally forgot.

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 07, 2014, 07:38:34 PM
Sceptile can't even learn Sludge Bomb nor Sludge Wave. .-.
KJP has a point I was thinking of throwing Seed Bomb in there somewhere, might just be a little bonus as a taunt or something.  Currently working on Frenzy Plant, the last version was way too tame graphically, and I added options for the Down Special go ahead and vote in the thread.

A more fitting Frenzy Plant
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dragon Claw with a more "energetic" texture
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 07, 2014, 10:00:41 PM
dragon claw color looks more accurate now i would put it  abit more bluish imo abit darker.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Gamma Ridley on October 07, 2014, 10:40:41 PM
I feel like Frenzy Plant would look better growing straight up out of the ground right under Sceptile and expanding outwards in both directions rather than one.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 07, 2014, 11:45:42 PM
-Glide attack replaced with a more unique one. Works like Samus' FAir, but in reverse (final hit is still the strongest one). Unfortunately, i can't stop its vertical movement and it becomes less effective because of it  :srs:. I tried using same coding used for aerial Side B (attack that completly stops Ridley's movement), but it didn't worked. It has some minor animation issues (one of the wings doesn't rotates...um...in sync...whatever its supposed to be with other wing), but that is noticable only when viewed from the front.
Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I also finished Win animation 1 and losing animation, but those are hard to show properly and that win animation must have its gfx fixed first. At least i can show waiting animation (in screenshot only) that is used after win animation 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 08, 2014, 12:37:54 AM
Quote from: Gravity on October 07, 2014, 10:40:41 PM
I feel like Frenzy Plant would look better growing straight up out of the ground right under Sceptile and expanding outwards in both directions rather than one.
Ehh too many hitboxes as it stands Frenzy Plant uses like 50 lines of code just for the hitboxes and other things excluding GFX.  While I agree it would certainly looks a bit more realistic it kills the pros and cons I designed for the move, it's supposed to be an all-out attack in one specific direction while leaving the user vulnerable to attack from all other directions in addition to putting them in a "stunned" state afterwards (a salute to the original attack in the games) though I hope to make it look more natural as I go along.  I also think the opinion would be different if you could see the vines "grow" forward its a satisfying animation.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AceGamer on October 08, 2014, 01:00:52 PM
I'm not exactly sure of "signature moves" sceptiles have, but here are a few moves tht I think cud be a cool addition to his moveset

Giga Drain- maybe u cud make it work like Robins Nosferatu from smash 4

X-Scissor- might make a decent F-smash

Pursuit- could be a cool side special, in pokemon it does more damage when u use it against a pokemon switching out so maybe sceptile cud do akind of charge and he hits someone during a spotdoge or tuck and roll it does more damage, just an idea

Slam- just a tailslam u cud use for an ariel or grond move

Grass knot- a way to trip up characters like diddys banana's or squirtles bubble in Project M

Tht's all I got right now, feel free to use it however u like
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: highonphazon on October 08, 2014, 02:33:37 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 07, 2014, 07:38:34 PM
Sceptile can't even learn Sludge Bomb nor Sludge Wave. .-.

:oshi:


Oh lord... in my defense I never used Sceptile ha. But you can color the blobs green and use them to beef up the solarbeam graphic then.





Post Merge: October 08, 2014, 02:36:39 PM

Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 07, 2014, 11:45:42 PM
-Glide attack replaced with a more unique one. Works like Samus' FAir, but in reverse (final hit is still the strongest one). Unfortunately, i can't stop its vertical movement and it becomes less effective because of it  :srs:. I tried using same coding used for aerial Side B (attack that completly stops Ridley's movement), but it didn't worked. It has some minor animation issues (one of the wings doesn't rotates...um...in sync...whatever its supposed to be with other wing), but that is noticable only when viewed from the front.
Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I also finished Win animation 1 and losing animation, but those are hard to show properly and that win animation must have its gfx fixed first. At least i can show waiting animation (in screenshot only) that is used after win animation 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Ridley looks like he's gonna be amazing :-O

Now I wish there was a Dark Samus model that is as high a quality as that Ridley...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 08, 2014, 10:59:28 PM
Quote from: highonphazon on October 08, 2014, 02:33:37 PMNow I wish there was a Dark Samus model that is as high a quality as that Ridley...
Wasn't there Dark Samus from MP3 uploaded long time ago? It just needs to have its shoulders fixed. Other than that, it looks good.

More stuff done:
Replaced BAir with a new one. At certain distance, it hits 3 times (stabs behind him, swings his tail up and then down) with last hit being a spike/semi-spike. If opponent is hit only once, then it deals low damage and below average knockback. Attack itself has very good range.
Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Replaced FAir with new one based off his Zero Mission and Fusion tail swing/stab attack.
Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also, replaced Win animation 1 fire graphic with better one, increased fixed knockback and 2nd half of fire stream's size in glide attack and replaced landing sound, so, wavedashing won't fill the match with BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM or something like that. Overall, Ridley becomes less of a copy of Super Smash Bros Crusade's Ridley.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: highonphazon on October 09, 2014, 03:35:09 AM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 08, 2014, 10:59:28 PM
Wasn't there Dark Samus from MP3 uploaded long time ago? It just needs to have its shoulders fixed. Other than that, it looks good.

More stuff done:
Replaced BAir with a new one. At certain distance, it hits 3 times (stabs behind him, swings his tail up and then down) with last hit being a spike/semi-spike. If opponent is hit only once, then it deals low damage and below average knockback. Attack itself has very good range.
Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Replaced FAir with new one based off his Zero Mission and Fusion tail swing/stab attack.
Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also, replaced Win animation 1 fire graphic with better one, increased fixed knockback and 2nd half of fire stream's size in glide attack and replaced landing sound, so, wavedashing won't fill the match with BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM or something like that. Overall, Ridley becomes less of a copy of Super Smash Bros Crusade's Ridley.

I meant Dark Samus from Echoes. Crony's upload is pretty good but far high quality. The textures are so sharp and it looks kinda blocky. Look:

(http://s9.postimg.org/povq0h74r/image.jpg) (http://postimage.org/)

(http://s9.postimg.org/eo0kvgevv/image.jpg) (http://postimage.org/)

The Echoes in game model looks smoother, with also more black and less blue tones. When I'm done with the moveset I want to see if I can tackle making it look better. And I want Dark Samus from MP2 to be the default costume too. Corruption DS can be an alt though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 10, 2014, 07:27:13 AM
Sooo did some work on Sceptile today here's a preview of the moves I actually got done, expect previews of Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, Swift and Leaf Slash tomorrow.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I'm giving Sceptile multiple movesets so the player can switch between moves like Frenzy Plant and X-Scissor for Forward Smash, Leaf Slash & Giga Impact for the Side Special, Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse for the Down Smash.  Each taunt will switch out a certain list of moves so there will be different combinations to try out.  So I'm sending out the beta tomorrow for beta testers only if you want to beta test either post in the thread or shoot me a PM.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 12, 2014, 06:57:09 PM
your always the best doing custom gfx and your literely incorporating the entire decent sceptile moveset into brawl lol.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 12, 2014, 07:36:00 PM
Quote from: Carnage on October 12, 2014, 06:57:09 PM
your always the best doing custom gfx and your literely incorporating the entire decent salamence movese into brawl lol.
Thanks amigo, and I wanted to give Sceptile a blend of mobility and speed, but also giving him some powerhouse moves.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 13, 2014, 04:22:33 AM
I'm just gonna drop this FallAerial animation right here... :Phttp://i.imgur.com/Qzlx4Iq.gifv (http://i.imgur.com/Qzlx4Iq.gifv):P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 13, 2014, 10:08:08 AM
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on October 13, 2014, 04:22:33 AM
I'm just gonna drop this FallAerial animation right here... :Phttp://i.imgur.com/Qzlx4Iq.gifv (http://i.imgur.com/Qzlx4Iq.gifv):P
what the actual F?
boob bones?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 13, 2014, 02:39:06 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on October 13, 2014, 10:08:08 AM
what the actual F?
boob bones?
Yep (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32774) :P
No one has released any PSAs for this, and I figured that I'll be "that guy" who does it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 13, 2014, 09:20:22 PM
I'm gonna leave this here as well. <:v

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 13, 2014, 11:09:11 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 13, 2014, 09:20:22 PM
I'm gonna leave this here as well. <:v

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

this could be interesting a shield form with defense and an offensive form being much more frail does sound appealing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: highonphazon on October 13, 2014, 11:52:05 PM
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on October 13, 2014, 04:22:33 AM
I'm just gonna drop this FallAerial animation right here... :Phttp://i.imgur.com/Qzlx4Iq.gifv (http://i.imgur.com/Qzlx4Iq.gifv):P

HAHHAHA

This is great. I've been wanting to put a troll animation on ZSS' win screen and set Kelis' "Milkshake" as a victory theme for when I play against my brother.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 14, 2014, 01:25:54 AM
Quote from: highonphazon on October 13, 2014, 11:52:05 PM
HAHHAHA

This is great. I've been wanting to put a troll animation on ZSS' win screen and set Kelis' "Milkshake" as victory them for when I play against my brother.
If I have time I am definitely gonna mess with the victory animations, and possibly the taunts. :P
I really love that everyone sees the boobs, but neglect to see the edited ponytail animations. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on October 14, 2014, 03:05:30 AM
I actually tried to do some animations for that ZSSamus model, but only ever actually did the Wait1 animation.

The ponytail should point upwards if she's descending, though
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 14, 2014, 04:42:47 AM
Quote from: Senketsu (Br3) on October 14, 2014, 03:05:30 AM
The ponytail should point upwards if she's descending, though
Ah yes! Good point. Thanks for catching that. I had done that in some of the other ones and I guess I forgot to do that one. :P

I am planning on doing all of the animations, for vBrawl and Project M. Currently though I'm only working on the PM ones, but the animations shouldn't be much different between the two, so it should just be a simple matter of exporting and replacing animations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 14, 2014, 05:33:50 PM
Quote from: Senketsu (Br3) on October 14, 2014, 03:05:30 AMThe ponytail should point upwards if she's descending, though
Isn't it animated by physics by default? Like capes and, well, hair?
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 10, 2014, 07:27:13 AM
Sooo did some work on Sceptile today here's a preview of the moves I actually got done, expect previews of Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, Swift and Leaf Slash tomorrow.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I'm giving Sceptile multiple movesets so the player can switch between moves like Frenzy Plant and X-Scissor for Forward Smash, Leaf Slash & Giga Impact for the Side Special, Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse for the Down Smash.  Each taunt will switch out a certain list of moves so there will be different combinations to try out.  So I'm sending out the beta tomorrow for beta testers only if you want to beta test either post in the thread or shoot me a PM.
-Omni
That purple thing model looks really weird while earthquake's GFX looks really...um...blocky...don't know how to call it...You could use either Ridley's or Galleom's effects for that - they look better.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on October 14, 2014, 05:35:08 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 14, 2014, 05:33:50 PM
Isn't it animated by physics by default? Like capes and, well, hair?

No clue :P
It probably is.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 14, 2014, 05:37:46 PM
Quote from: Senketsu (Br3) on October 14, 2014, 05:35:08 PM
No clue :P
It probably is.
Most likely it is since it always remains in the same way in vBrawl and PM animations. Only Ganondorf's cape is sometimes animated in animations (crouching, taunting, warlock punch, etc. animations).
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 14, 2014, 06:21:29 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 14, 2014, 05:33:50 PM
That purple thing model looks really weird while earthquake's GFX looks really...um...blocky...don't know how to call it...You could use either Ridley's or Galleom's effects for that - they look better.
Haha trust me bro it looks good in game, and if there's anything I've learned in PSAs that its not as simple as snagging effects from bosses.  For example ridley's? That's REFT stuff man not brres and Galleom's is literally a 2D model pasted over the ground.  I kept these 2 models a bit lower in poly count due to reduced filespace, however I assure you in-game and midplay they look fine lol.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 14, 2014, 10:11:10 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 14, 2014, 05:33:50 PM
Isn't it animated by physics by default? Like capes and, well, hair?
I'm not sure about that one... I'll have to check that before I mess with it any more. :P

Post Merge: October 14, 2014, 10:16:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDSJBbwRvU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDSJBbwRvU)
It does... So I guess I'll have to go back in and fix those.  :-\
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kyouma on October 14, 2014, 10:57:20 PM
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on October 13, 2014, 04:22:33 AM
I'm just gonna drop this FallAerial animation right here... :Phttp://i.imgur.com/Qzlx4Iq.gifv (http://i.imgur.com/Qzlx4Iq.gifv):P
I am looking foward to this, alot
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 14, 2014, 11:13:23 PM
Quote from: Gamidame_K on October 14, 2014, 10:57:20 PM
I am looking foward to this, alot
As am I. :P

So for this how should I make it? (I might just start over now because of the hair thing...)

Subtle:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

or completely obnoxious?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kyouma on October 14, 2014, 11:42:34 PM
dont go exagerated with it, I liked how you did it in that first pic, alot moving, but not too much
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 15, 2014, 01:44:51 AM
Quote from: Gamidame_K on October 14, 2014, 11:42:34 PM
dont go exagerated with it, I liked how you did it in that first pic, alot moving, but not too much
That's what I was thinking.
My friend described it best: "You want it to be just enough that if you look for it you can see it, but if you are just playing the game you really don't notice it. That way the girls that play with us won't get offended!"
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 15, 2014, 07:32:47 AM
I made some progress with Aerial Ace, big thanks to KJP helping me out there, and I finally got it to work fluidly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Gave Frenzy Plant a new texture:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So with that I'm going to revamp Frenzy Plants animation making it actually lash out at certain angles instead of rushing straight forward, thinking about something along the lines of a tidal wave animation  r)

In addition, I'll be checking back in with some progress on X-Scissor and Mega Punch, and tomorrow I'll tackle the coding trouble with Bullet Seed and get that fully operational.  Maybe I'll get to Dragon Pulse too...
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 15, 2014, 08:50:26 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 15, 2014, 07:32:47 AM
I made some progress with Aerial Ace, big thanks to KJP helping me out there, and I finally got it to work fluidly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Gave Frenzy Plant a new texture:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So with that I'm going to revamp Frenzy Plants animation making it actually lash out at certain angles instead of rushing straight forward, thinking about something along the lines of a tidal wave animation  r)

In addition, I'll be checking back in with some progress on X-Scissor and Mega Punch, and tomorrow I'll tackle the coding trouble with Bullet Seed and get that fully operational.  Maybe I'll get to Dragon Pulse too...
-Omni
thta is alot of moves to add xD i cant wait  to see how dragon pulse will turn out.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 16, 2014, 02:40:48 AM
Here's what Aegislash looks like in game.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here's Aegislash in its Blade Stance.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here's Aegislash preforming the first part of its Jab. The sword trail color has been changed to purple since this image.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is how the Stance Change mechanic will work for the PSA.
-All Attacks, Grabs, and Item stuff will make Aegislash go into Blade Stance.
-Shielding and Dodging will make Aegislash go into Shield Stance.
-When Shield Stance attacks, it'll have more startup, since it has to change into Blade Stance.
-When Blade Stande Guards, it'll have more startup, since it has to change into Shield Stance.

What I want to do.
-Blade Stance has low Knockback resistance, while Shield Stance has high Knockback Resistance.
-Blade Stance suffers longer hitstun, while Shield Stance is in hitstun for a shorter period of time.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 16, 2014, 10:43:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAVcDo96Ino (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAVcDo96Ino)
goku´s new Down_B(not the final version of it but Close)

and also i code a homing attack (kinda) but only as teleport and for Goku instant transmission (if SSJ/kaioken mode: instant transmission Kamehameha as down-B)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on October 16, 2014, 11:23:47 PM
Got my PC back lol. So I decided to do this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Going to be similar to KJP's Charizard PSA. Over Snake because articles and polygon limit. Thanks to DSX8 for the Mega Gardevoir model.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 17, 2014, 12:25:13 AM
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on October 16, 2014, 11:23:47 PM
Got my PC back lol. So I decided to do this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Going to be similar to KJP's Charizard PSA. Over Snake because articles and polygon limit. Thanks to DSX8 for the Mega Gardevoir model.
i hope your not going for custom skeleton or else it will end up needing a craptom of animations like rosalina did with no reason since peach or zelda skeleton seem preety able to do that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on October 17, 2014, 12:38:47 AM
Actually, a custom skeleton is the best when it comes to PSA.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 17, 2014, 12:43:11 AM
Quote from: Senketsu (Br3) on October 17, 2014, 12:38:47 AM
Actually, a custom skeleton is the best when it comes to PSA.

That all depends on the person and the type of PSA.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 17, 2014, 12:46:23 AM
Quote from: Senketsu (Br3) on October 17, 2014, 12:38:47 AM
Actually, a custom skeleton is the best when it comes to PSA.
*It can be* completely depends upon the amount of effort put in, Carnage was simply stating that it takes alot more time and finesse so it shouldn't be the first choice for hackers who aren't going to put in the time to make truly fluid animations.  

Simply increasing something's potential to be greater, does not make it great only time and effort can capitalize upon that inert potential.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on October 17, 2014, 12:57:52 AM
Quote from: Carnage on October 17, 2014, 12:25:13 AM
i hope your not going for custom skeleton or else it will end up needing a craptom of animations like rosalina did with no reason since peach or zelda skeleton seem preety able to do that.
Nah, it's Peach's skeleton. I was going to use the X/Y skeleton, but when I'd try to export the model, the bones would be deleted in BB, so that doesn't work. I'm working on rigging Garevoir now, and then setting up visibility bones on the Mega form, then to model the GFX and articles needed.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on October 17, 2014, 01:19:40 AM
Quote from: Shulk on October 17, 2014, 12:43:11 AM
That all depends on the person and the type of PSA.
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 17, 2014, 12:46:23 AM
*It can be* completely depends upon the amount of effort put in, Carnage was simply stating that it takes alot more time and finesse so it shouldn't be the first choice for hackers who aren't going to put in the time to make truly fluid animations.  

Simply increasing something's potential to be greater, does not make it great only time and effort can capitalize upon that inert potential.
-Omni

Yeah, I agree with those. So, if you intend to put enough effort to it, a custom boneset is best. :P

KJP's new Aegislash hack is a good example.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 17, 2014, 01:57:40 AM
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on October 17, 2014, 12:57:52 AM
Nah, it's Peach's skeleton. I was going to use the X/Y skeleton, but when I'd try to export the model, the bones would be deleted in BB, so that doesn't work. I'm working on rigging Garevoir now, and then setting up visibility bones on the Mega form, then to model the GFX and articles needed.
nice that way you wont need to worry with item and misc animations like you had with rosalina.

Quote from: Crono (Br3) on October 17, 2014, 01:19:40 AM
Yeah, I agree with those. So, if you intend to put enough effort to it, a custom boneset is best. :P

KJP's new Aegislash hack is a good example.
yes that what i mean very few ppl can get the motivation to do so manny good animations, most ppl with custom skeletons looses all their motivation once they reach the boring item and msic animations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 17, 2014, 04:29:03 PM
Quote from: Carnage on October 17, 2014, 01:57:40 AM
nice that way you wont need to worry with item and misc animations like you had with rosalina.
yes that what i mean very few ppl can get the motivation to do so manny good animations, most ppl with custom skeletons looses all their motivation once they reach the boring item and msic animations.

Oh, the truth... Being someone who often works with custom bonesets, I can say that's one reason I'm so slow at PSA...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 20, 2014, 05:21:12 PM
Speaking of custom bonesets - i completly restarted my hack and now it uses superiour model:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

For now, i stopped on Run Brake animation and everything before it is done (Waiting, Waiting 2, Waiting with item, Walking, etc.). I need help with it (mostly bug fixing and model needs to be resized to be 5x bigger and bones on right side must be fixed). More than before. Right now im editing the model to look like both previous model and image i once saw (which made Other M Ridley look bada**). This time hack is done over Lucario because he has real chargable projectile, command grab and a Final Smash that fits Ridley and he also can be cloned with BrawlEx (Mewtwo in Project M proves that).
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on October 20, 2014, 05:24:32 PM
Where's that model from?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 20, 2014, 05:33:45 PM
Quote from: Crono (Br3) on October 20, 2014, 05:24:32 PM
Where's that model from?
Metroid Other M:
(http://operationrainfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Other-M-Screen-2.jpg)
I fixed what made it look bad - duck beak and very bright textures - and removed all of the unnecessary junk. Model itself is a lot more detailed than most of Brawl models.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 20, 2014, 07:17:08 PM
I really like that model, but does it fit?...

I honestly prefer the older model because I feel like it fits the look of Brawl more. The new one looks too detailed and saturated in my opinion.

But that's just my thoughts...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 20, 2014, 11:07:33 PM
Revamped Giga Impact and got X-Scissor working flawlessly, although the graphics may be subject to alteration soon once I get a public consensus.  Also FINALLY got Bullet Seed working as an Alt-B that you can flawlessly switch in and out for Solarbeam/Leaf Storm.

Giga Impact:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Bullet Seed:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


X-Scissor:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

  Still got plenty of file space left so Dragon Pulse is definitely on its way, Earthquake is currently under construction as I add a "fissure" effect to it and it's more of a shockwave of earth now.  Other alternate moves to expect in the week to come:

Down-B: Protect, almost instantaneous startup lasts for 20-30 frames allows you to block any frontal assault, suffers from ending lag to balance the move out.

Dragonbreath: Exhales a cyclone of swirling energy that pushes the opponent backward with great force, but no damage.

Seed Bomb: Press A during Bullet Seed to shoot a single seed with explosive tendencies, on contact with an enemy it will explode dealing 15% damage and strong forward knockback.

Sword Dance: Sceptile quickly focuses its energy and raises its offensive capabilities for one attack, slicing attacks (F-Air, Side-B, Dash Attack, Down-Smash, and X-Scissor) gain a knockback and damage boost the next time they're used.

Double-Edge: Sceptile glows white and leaps toward the enemy dealing high damage and knockback, but 12% self damage.

I'll be reanimating Frenzy Plant, and Dragon Claw will get a "Mega" version where if you charge it all the way up Sceptile performs multiple slashes with both hands dealing a little less knockback, but more damage and it's far harder to avoid.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 21, 2014, 07:51:39 AM
you better keep some backup files with all those moves you did just to prevent happening what happened before and xscizore looks really nice.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on October 25, 2014, 08:16:49 PM
Hey guys! Check out my little Mac PSA! http://youtu.be/McvxcWZohrc (http://youtu.be/McvxcWZohrc)
What do you think?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 25, 2014, 08:40:02 PM
Your video is unavailable.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on October 25, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 25, 2014, 08:40:02 PM
Your video is unavailable.

Look again.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 25, 2014, 10:51:15 PM
@Fanincapse: I couldn't see much of the video, but from what I saw, I need more animations done to fully judge. A LOT of Falcon's default stuff.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 25, 2014, 11:01:27 PM
...

You need to do a lot more work.

I swear I made these complaints before, but here I go again.

-Obvious use of Captain Falcon's animations.
-Obvious use of Marth's animations.
-Obvious use of Wario's animations.
-Obvious use of Ganondorf's animations.
-Lack of fixed translations on obvious animations.
-Random enlargement upon Idle.
-Obvious use of Assist Trophy Little Mac animations. I'd be okay with this if you matched the bone translations and adjusted the animation to suit the character's physique.
-Lack of proper PSA coding on most custom animations. Other custom moves have poorly done PSA coding.
-Boxers do not kick! Little Mac does not kick!
-Poor video quality. If your computer is too weak for Dolphin emulator + Bandicam, then get someone who can record for you. Potato-recorded videos look unprofessional.

I don't even think you've changed anything since your last preview.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on October 25, 2014, 11:20:23 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 25, 2014, 11:01:27 PM
...

You need to do a lot more work.

I swear I made these complaints before, but here I go again.

-Obvious use of Captain Falcon's animations.
-Obvious use of Marth's animations.
-Obvious use of Wario's animations.
-Obvious use of Ganondorf's animations.
-Lack of fixed translations on obvious animations.
-Random enlargement upon Idle.
-Obvious use of Assist Trophy Little Mac animations. I'd be okay with this if you matched the bone translations and adjusted the animation to suit the character's physique.
-Lack of proper PSA coding on most custom animations. Other custom moves have poorly done PSA coding.
-Boxers do not kick! Little Mac does not kick!
-Poor video quality. If your computer is too weak for Dolphin emulator + Bandicam, then get someone who can record for you. Potato-recorded videos look unprofessional.

I don't even think you've changed anything since your last preview.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 26, 2014, 12:46:02 AM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 25, 2014, 11:01:27 PM
...

You need to do a lot more work.

I swear I made these complaints before, but here I go again.

-Obvious use of Captain Falcon's animations.
-Obvious use of Marth's animations.
-Obvious use of Wario's animations.
-Obvious use of Ganondorf's animations.
-Lack of fixed translations on obvious animations.
-Random enlargement upon Idle.
-Obvious use of Assist Trophy Little Mac animations. I'd be okay with this if you matched the bone translations and adjusted the animation to suit the character's physique.
-Lack of proper PSA coding on most custom animations. Other custom moves have poorly done PSA coding.
-Boxers do not kick! Little Mac does not kick!
-Poor video quality. If your computer is too weak for Dolphin emulator + Bandicam, then get someone who can record for you. Potato-recorded videos look unprofessional.

I don't even think you've changed anything since your last preview.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed all this. :P

So yeah. Post a preview when you've made more animations. One animation or subtle change isn't enough of a change to warrant another preview. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 26, 2014, 01:15:40 AM
Quote from: Fanincapse on October 26, 2014, 01:02:46 AM*Snip*
Instead of getting buttmad and insulting users with very bad insults ("Derp." Really?), you should take all forms of critique to heart. Hence that long winded angry rant I made a while ago.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 26, 2014, 01:22:44 AM
Okay, to get back on topic now:

I don't believe I have ever posted this here.

K. Rool's DTilt:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 26, 2014, 01:32:27 AM
Down tilts start and end in the squat pose.

And if that's a ground pound you're making, you should give the fists some recoil.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 26, 2014, 01:37:58 AM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 01:32:27 AM
Down tilts start and end in the squat pose.

And if that's a ground pound you're making, you should give the fists some recoil.

It does end in the Squat pose. But the start point is a slightly edited version.

How does recoil work, anyway? I'd love to put that to rest once and for all.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 26, 2014, 01:47:48 AM
Oh. I feel you should make your squat pose a bit more squatty then, as it looks very similar to your idle pose that you showed on your thread.

As for recoil, imagine you swing a hefty punch. The amount of time for you to recover from the lunge and begin to go back into a neutral stance would be recoil.

In this case of a ground pound, the fists, arms, and torso would shake and tremble for a bit, rather than just quickly moving back into neutral stance.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 26, 2014, 01:50:04 AM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 01:47:48 AM
Oh. I feel you should make your squat pose a bit more squatty then, as it looks very similar to your idle pose that you showed on your thread.

As for recoil, imagine you swing a hefty punch. The amount of time for you to recover from the lunge and begin to go back into a neutral stance would be recoil.

In this case of a ground pound, the fists, arms, and torso would shake and tremble for a bit, rather than just quickly moving back into neutral stance.

Now, I don't want to come across as a stubborn ass with excuses, but I made his squat mediocre because a) I wanted to balance it because he's big, powerful and kinda mobile, and b) his gut's just too bloody big for a normal squat. :P I can try again, though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 26, 2014, 02:03:53 AM
You could try a four-legged squat.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 26, 2014, 04:22:05 AM
Some stuff done since last message:
Aura effects completly removed;
Fixed tail;
Further modified model;
Resized wings;
Added black recolor (same as before);
Added wait 2, walking and running animations;
Improved materials (he doesn't looks that dark now) and eye textures;
Eye now glow like Ridley's eyes in Other M;
Previews:
Glowing eyes (more like they don't get dark in dark stages):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Improved materials:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wait 2 animation:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Walking animation (wings will be properly animated later):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Running animation:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Before i will continue this, however, i have to fix model to be 5x bigger and fix all of the bones on the right side so they would properly rotate (right now, if i will copy values from, lets say left arm to right arm, then if left arm goes up, right arm goes down and if left arm goes forward, right arm goes backward).
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM
Bagan, nice job on the animations they look nice and fluid although I would caution you against the Dash animation (although I personally like it) I think you're gonna get complaints about Ridley not flying.

Alright so Nidoking has been kind of a [censored] to work with trying to figure out Bowser's odd network of actions and subactions but his Side-B: Horn Drill is functioning currently just working on the GFX, the hitbox is done and so is the coding you can run forever with Horn Drill active just have to make it get stuck in walls now.

Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also working on getting enemies to get stuck on the horn for his forward grab so you can run them into things:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Work on Sceptile continues as well though I'm focusing on Nidoking this weekend.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 26, 2014, 08:51:56 AM
i hope horn drill isnt an ohko move like in the games xD
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 26, 2014, 10:18:56 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM
Bagan, nice job on the animations they look nice and fluid although I would caution you against the Dash animation (although I personally like it) I think you're gonna get complaints about Ridley not flying.
His wings are too big to flap them like during flight while on the ground and it will allow me to make a faster dash attack instead of previous one that went on for too long and broke the pace.
Nice Nidoking. Arms are bigger than on actual Nidokings from what i see, but that is not that bad i guess.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 26, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
i think you got ridley's colors kinda wrong, he looks way too dark, he doesn't need to be the pink he was in other:M, but he also doesn't need to be purple-black getting close to black...

i think you need to find a mid-point between the original textures and your current ones.

also, the wait2 animation looks cool, but i think it needs some recoil on his arms.

and is he gonna run that slow?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 26, 2014, 11:16:27 AM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on October 26, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
i think you got ridley's colors kinda wrong, he looks way too dark, he doesn't need to be the pink he was in other:M, but he also doesn't need to be purple-black getting close to black...

i think you need to find a mid-point between the original textures and your current ones.

also, the wait2 animation looks cool, but i think it needs some recoil on his arms.

and is he gonna run that slow?
I was trying to make him look like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But he should be brighter, like previous model, to better fit Smash 3 style or at least SSB4 style.

Like in Ganondorf's wait2 (or wait3) animation?

He runs at the same speed as in Metroid Other M, just covers less distance because he is smaller. But he walks slowly.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 26, 2014, 01:54:07 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 26, 2014, 04:22:05 AM*Ridley stuff*
I feel the textures on the body could be a tad brighter, as they're very dark right now.

Though I'll have to say your Ridley animations are superb. My only gripe is the tail, which could use a little more work. And like jokekid said, the arms could shake a bit on Wait2.

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM*Nidoking stuff*
The effects look great. Though like Carnage said, I hope it's not a OHKO move. It can be powerful with a lot of endlag, but certainly not a OHKO. Also, make sure to try and polish up your animations skills.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on October 26, 2014, 02:05:51 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 01:15:40 AM
Instead of getting buttmad and insulting users with very bad insults ("Derp." Really?), you should take all forms of critique to heart. Hence that long winded angry rant I made a while ago.

Derp means duh. I wasn't insulting anyone.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 26, 2014, 02:20:55 PM
Very well. Your sanction has been removed.

It was just the way you worded it that made it look like you were using "derp" as an insult.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 26, 2014, 03:06:46 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 26, 2014, 04:22:05 AM
Ridley Stuff

Love all the work. I just feel like the walk animation is too... normal imo. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sit well with me. That's all... Like everyone else has said, the color also needs some improvement. But otherwise, good work.

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM
Nidoking Stuff

That GFX is beautiful.

I'm assuming you're making Horn Drill a Special Grab?

And you should TOTALLY make it a OHKO but based on chance. Like, 1/3 of the time (or whatever the ratio is) it'll kill the person instantly after the special grab part lol.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 26, 2014, 04:01:34 PM
New textures:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model has some shading issues (not as bad as SSB4 Ridley and his glass shading) on stages like Battlefield (he becomes very dark as if light source is right above him). Not much else can be done since i will have to edit all bone references on the right side and that will take a while. For now, im further modifying the model and testing some coding stuff i know using very simple animations.
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 01:54:07 PM
I feel the textures on the body could be a tad brighter, as they're very dark right now.

Though I'll have to say your Ridley animations are superb. My only gripe is the tail, which could use a little more work. And like jokekid said, the arms could shake a bit on Wait2.
What exactly you mean by this? I want to make sure he doesn't covers too much area when he is standing or walking, so, tail is limited to left-to-right and right-to-left movement during those.
Arm shaking will be added later.
Quote from: Shulk on October 26, 2014, 03:06:46 PM
Love all the work. I just feel like the walk animation is too... normal imo. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sit well with me. That's all... Like everyone else has said, the color also needs some improvement. But otherwise, good work.
It is based off Metroid Prime 3 Omega Ridley walking animation shown during cutscene, but less hunched over because he has long arms. What exactly bothers you about it?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 26, 2014, 04:04:21 PM
Quote from: Shulk on October 26, 2014, 03:06:46 PM
Love all the work. I just feel like the walk animation is too... normal imo. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sit well with me. That's all... Like everyone else has said, the color also needs some improvement. But otherwise, good work.

That GFX is beautiful.

I'm assuming you're making Horn Drill a Special Grab?

And you should TOTALLY make it a OHKO but based on chance. Like, 1/3 of the time (or whatever the ratio is) it'll kill the person instantly after the special grab part lol.
cmon ohko moves on smash would put every moveset beyond broken im okay with ohko moves if they are FSs and such but on a regular move  no please.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 26, 2014, 04:05:31 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on October 26, 2014, 04:01:34 PM*More Ridley stuff*
Those textures look a lot better. Though a suggestion about the model. See if you can get someone to edit the model to make it like a Super Metroid/Other M design merge. Like with SJS' Zero Suit Samus. Or unless you can do the modeling yourself.

As for what I was talking about with the tail, I was mainly talking about the walk. The tail doesn't look fluid in movement.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 26, 2014, 04:10:11 PM
Quote from: Carnage on October 26, 2014, 04:04:21 PM
cmon ohko moves on smash would put every moveset beyond broken im okay with ohko moves if they are FSs and such but on a regular move  no please.

I'm just suggesting to put it at a very low chance to actually OHKO.

I completely agree that OHKO moves on normal moves is OP, but think about how fun it would be when you use Horn Drill on your friends all match and nothing happens.

Then the next game, the first horn drill you hit insta-kills your friend. And then never happens again because of it's low occurrence. You could even set it so that it can only OHKO once a match.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on October 26, 2014, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: Carnage on October 26, 2014, 04:04:21 PM
cmon ohko moves on smash would put every moveset beyond broken im okay with ohko moves if they are FSs and such but on a regular move  no please.
Then something like G&W's Judge special could work - low chance of happening, but if it does, then it deals high knockback.
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 04:05:31 PM
Those textures look a lot better. Though a suggestion about the model. See if you can get someone to edit the model to make it like a Super Metroid/Other M design merge. Like with SJS' Zero Suit Samus. Or unless you can do the modeling yourself.

As for what I was talking about with the tail, I was mainly talking about the walk. The tail doesn't look fluid in movement.
Super Metroid design has proportions that won't look good on a small Ridley, so, i won't be able to use much from its design that isn't present on Other M model. And i can't do the modeling stuff other than moving verticles in BB.

It looks like that from the side. But since SSB is 2.5D, i will add move movement at tail's base.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on October 26, 2014, 04:54:39 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 26, 2014, 02:20:55 PM
Very well. Your sanction has been removed.

It was just the way you worded it that made it look like you were using "derp" as an insult.

Thank you.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 27, 2014, 12:42:13 AM
Thanks guys so I have Horn Drill set up so its similar to Metaknight's Drill Rush, Nidoking runs forward as long the B-Button is held, dealing continuous damage (It's 1% every 20 frames) so it racks up pretty quick but I buffed the DI on the move so opponents can get out of it and not suffer more than 5-7%.  Also there's a relatively strong knockback-based hitbox that pulses randomly every 30 frames that deals 8%.  So its not a OHKO, not even close, but it's chance is around 60% to 40%, the latter being the chance it'll occur. 

I'll have some updates in a couple days with Ice Beam and Thunder (which are his two N-B moves via move swapping) hopefully I get Earth Power up and running soon too.

Also WTF is up with Bowser's Actions I'm literally so turned around right now lol.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 27, 2014, 12:58:50 AM
Bowser's a bit of a tricky character to PSA.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on October 27, 2014, 01:14:23 AM
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/xgNGci2.gif)
So I made Peach's run animations from Smash 4 for my Shadow Queen PSA.
I need to work on the hand that is holding the dress, but other than that, I think it looks somewhat decent.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 27, 2014, 08:36:43 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 27, 2014, 12:42:13 AM
Thanks guys so I have Horn Drill set up so its similar to Metaknight's Drill Rush, Nidoking runs forward as long the B-Button is held, dealing continuous damage (It's 1% every 20 frames) so it racks up pretty quick but I buffed the DI on the move so opponents can get out of it and not suffer more than 5-7%.  Also there's a relatively strong knockback-based hitbox that pulses randomly every 30 frames that deals 8%.  So its not a OHKO, not even close, but it's chance is around 60% to 40%, the latter being the chance it'll occur. 

I'll have some updates in a couple days with Ice Beam and Thunder (which are his two N-B moves via move swapping) hopefully I get Earth Power up and running soon too.

Also WTF is up with Bowser's Actions I'm literally so turned around right now lol.
-Omni
yeah bowser actions are empty some of them becuase its all hardcoded or something. i got around those while doing my groudon psa in bb psa since bb psa brooke the hardcodiing which makes him loose most specials but since i made new specials that didnt matter :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: highonphazon on October 27, 2014, 08:51:09 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 26, 2014, 07:54:10 AM
Bagan, nice job on the animations they look nice and fluid although I would caution you against the Dash animation (although I personally like it) I think you're gonna get complaints about Ridley not flying.

Alright so Nidoking has been kind of a [censored] to work with trying to figure out Bowser's odd network of actions and subactions but his Side-B: Horn Drill is functioning currently just working on the GFX, the hitbox is done and so is the coding you can run forever with Horn Drill active just have to make it get stuck in walls now.

Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also working on getting enemies to get stuck on the horn for his forward grab so you can run them into things:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Work on Sceptile continues as well though I'm focusing on Nidoking this weekend.
-Omni

Nice use of ROB's FS effect  ;)

But Nidoking is way more interesting to me than Sceptile so work on him more haha.

Also I was wondering how you changed the color of the "glow" of that spiral graphic? I noticed a bunch of Tabuu's have the same effect, and changing around the particle values doesn't seem to change anything...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 27, 2014, 09:45:52 PM
Quote from: highonphazon on October 27, 2014, 08:51:09 AM
Nice use of ROB's FS effect  ;)

But Nidoking is way more interesting to me than Sceptile so work on him more haha.

Also I was wondering how you changed the color of the "glow" of that spiral graphic? I noticed a bunch of Tabuu's have the same effect, and changing around the particle values doesn't seem to change anything...


Edit the RGB colors in the "ColorBlock" under the Materials tab of whatever you want to shift the colors of.

-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: highonphazon on October 28, 2014, 06:42:03 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 27, 2014, 09:45:52 PM
Edit the RGB colors in the "ColorBlock" under the Materials tab of whatever you want to shift the colors of.

-Omni

Unfortunately all of Tabuu's GFX are REFF/.dat files.. that spiral effect is a model right? Model's aren't difficult to edit but for some reason some random REFF files can't really have their colors changed (just in my experience)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 28, 2014, 06:48:13 AM
I hate .REFF files they are such a nuisance, I pretty much delete their inner workings because they're always put up such a fight, however even REFF files have ColorBlock tabs that you can edit I did it with Lucario's aura when I was messing with Sceptile to make it green. 
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on October 29, 2014, 02:03:15 AM
First of all, welcome back Omni, haven't checked round here in a while.
Anyway, I decided to un-cease to exist and to something
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AttackLw3-Could be a little more lively but meh...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AttackDash-Needs more life on the rebound bounce.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AttackS4S-I really like how this one turned out, don't see any problems with it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 29, 2014, 02:17:34 AM
The Side Smash has his foot sinking into the ground near the end. Other than that, I feel I'd be pointing out the obvious if I said anything else.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on October 29, 2014, 10:32:22 AM
I don't think there's a way to fix they besides rotating his whole body. This model was imported by Kyouma and he didn't rig the feet.
Thanks for the input tho
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 29, 2014, 04:18:51 PM
Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on October 29, 2014, 10:32:22 AM
I don't think there's a way to fix they besides rotating his whole body. This model was imported by Kyouma and he didn't rig the feet.
Thanks for the input tho
then do it...

because it's not only sinking in te ground, it's also sliding all over the place xD

use the hipN bone rotations and translatios to keep the foot in place
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on October 29, 2014, 06:44:55 PM
That's the bone I used but for whatever reason, once I tilt him up even a little, or translate him up a little, it doesn't look like it should. Since the feet can't be moved it looks a little odd.
I would've done that before posting it but I wanted to see if there was anything else wrong with it
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 29, 2014, 08:27:09 PM
Not final result but this is how spirit bomb FS will work now:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on October 29, 2014, 08:36:17 PM
I feel the Spirit Bomb should have a bit more effects and shake a bit before exploding, as it looks very static right now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 29, 2014, 08:46:41 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 29, 2014, 08:36:17 PM
I feel the Spirit Bomb should have a bit more effects and shake a bit before exploding, as it looks very static right now.
I agree with this completely.

Also being able to control the direction of the attack makes it tons better than the current PSA that is out there. I approve! (Now if only the kid buu psa had that same kind of control for it's final smash...)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on October 29, 2014, 08:56:57 PM
I'd say either have the spirit bomb shake or perhaps fluctuate in size a little bit.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DoctorFlux(Mariodk) on October 29, 2014, 09:26:28 PM
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 29, 2014, 08:36:17 PM
I feel the Spirit Bomb should have a bit more effects and shake a bit before exploding, as it looks very static right now.
dont worry there will be more effects and shake just have to get control the direction on the spirit bomb to work first xD
aswell as better hitboxes so the charaters stays inside the spirit bomb onces they get hit
Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on October 29, 2014, 08:56:57 PM
I'd say either have the spirit bomb shake or perhaps fluctuate in size a little bit.
its perfect in size (it was abit bigger in the old version) but in this version you can control the spirit bomb so it has become abit smaller for balance reasons
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 30, 2014, 07:47:47 AM
Did a little work on Nidoking's Thunder a couple days ago, decided to throw up the progress here.  It's his Neutral-B can be switched with Ice Beam via Up-Taunt, Nidoking fires a large lightning bolt capable of massive damage, but only the tip of the bolt inflcts knockback.

Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thunder vs Charge Shot
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I'll probably tack on an electrical aura during the charge up and firing.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 30, 2014, 10:22:51 AM
that range and duration sure look OP mixed together...
i hope it has crazy start lag...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 30, 2014, 10:40:05 AM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on October 30, 2014, 10:22:51 AM
that range and duration sure look OP mixed together...
i hope it has crazy start lag...
I balanced the move by:
a) adding significant startup lag (Easily punishable)
b) making only the tip of the bolt actually hit opponents (all you gotta do is dodge then the rest of the bolt does nothing to you.)
c) it doesn't deal any kind of lethal knockback until around 175%

That being said, I may tack on either 2-3% self damage per use or add a charging phase.  Though I can't really address your concern of duration, the bolt doesn't last that long moves actually about the same speed as a charge shot.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 30, 2014, 10:47:05 AM
its a shame nidoking model looks so outdated  nothing agaisnt it but you can clearly see its bowser  im guessing your gonna give nidoking the moves he usualy use like ice beam,flamethrower, thunder bolt,earth power, sludge wave/bomb?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AceGamer on October 30, 2014, 12:30:54 PM
another move u could give Nidoking is poison jab, should make a pretty good F-Smash, and Carnage is right the model is pretty weird. If possible u shud try to get Nidokings model from pokemon x/y, battle revolution, or even XD Gale of Darkness
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 30, 2014, 11:30:05 PM
Quote from: AceGamer on October 30, 2014, 12:30:54 PM
another move u could give Nidoking is poison jab, should make a pretty good F-Smash, and Carnage is right the model is pretty weird. If possible u shud try to get Nidokings model from pokemon x/y, battle revolution, or even XD Gale of Darkness
The model is temporary not sure how many times I've said this but the x/y one is on the way. 

Quote from: Carnage on October 30, 2014, 10:47:05 AM
its a shame nidoking model looks so outdated  nothing agaisnt it but you can clearly see its bowser  im guessing your gonna give nidoking the moves he usualy use like ice beam,flamethrower, thunder bolt,earth power, sludge wave/bomb?
Obviously Thunder the other moves I have planned span Ice Beam, Horn Drill, Earth Power, Earthquake, Mega Punch, Megahorn, Iron Tail, Giga Impact, Venoshock, Shadow Claw, Toxic but I'll certainly give Poison Jab a look since I think it could make for an interesting F-Air.

No Flamethrower, No Fire Blast, Probably no Hyper Beam, I'm going to be looking at Sludge Bomb/Wave to see what the possibilities are there.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 31, 2014, 12:47:41 AM
Been working on some Captain Falcon stuff:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Both look better on my screen as opposed to after making the gif...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 31, 2014, 01:08:37 AM
Quote from: Shulk on October 31, 2014, 12:47:41 AM
Been working on some Captain Falcon stuff:
Is that a f-tilt/f-smash, and an up-b?... I am intrigued... CFalcon is one of my favorite characters... I hope whatever your doing turns out either amazing, or hilarious. Those are the only two things I believe CFalcon hacks should be. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 31, 2014, 01:15:29 AM
It's FSmash and Final Smash.

Been talking with KJP a lot to critique the animations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 31, 2014, 01:26:20 AM
Quote from: Shulk on October 31, 2014, 01:15:29 AM
It's FSmash and Final Smash.
OOOOHHHH! Final Smash... Is that an epic falcon punch?... Cause that would be great!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 31, 2014, 01:28:52 AM
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on October 31, 2014, 01:26:20 AM
OOOOHHHH! Final Smash... Is that an epic falcon punch?... Cause that would be great!

It'll be the closest I can get to it ;)

I'll try to put the music in too lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 31, 2014, 04:00:59 AM
Something like this I hope...
http://youtu.be/Tb3ySqL084c (http://youtu.be/Tb3ySqL084c)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 31, 2014, 04:22:12 AM
That's what I'm going for.

I won't be able to make the characters that you initially hit jump at Falcon, but I can at least have them knocked up in the air lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on October 31, 2014, 05:19:56 AM
Quote from: Shulk on October 31, 2014, 04:22:12 AM
That's what I'm going for.
I can't wait! I'll definitely download when you get it done!


QuoteI won't be able to make the characters that you initially hit jump at Falcon, but I can at least have them knocked up in the air lol
I think if you could just have the characters do their spinning fall animation during the FS. Then he can falcon punch down on them.
Now that I think about it... That sounds a lot like Ike's FS...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 31, 2014, 05:30:41 AM
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on October 31, 2014, 05:19:56 AM
I think if you could just have the characters do their spinning fall animation during the FS. Then he can falcon punch down on them.

You can't really... force them to do an animation. Yeah there's a stun and throws, but not like that.

Quote
Now that I think about it... That sounds a lot like Ike's FS...

I actually thought about originally doing it last month or something. I talked to Pikazz about it and he told me that it isn't possible to replicate Ike's FS on Falcon.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on October 31, 2014, 09:06:10 AM
Shulk I could whip up a more ferocious falcon model for you to attach on his arm or his whole body, you could call it Falcon Rush or something  :af: just a thought wouldn't take too much effort.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 31, 2014, 12:45:29 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on October 31, 2014, 09:06:10 AM
Shulk I could whip up a more ferocious falcon model for you to attach on his arm or his whole body, you could call it Falcon Rush or something  :af: just a thought wouldn't take too much effort.
-Omni

I'd totally be down for it.

Although, when I envisioned it, the Falcon would only show up for a couple of seconds (when Falcon's hand shakes). Maybe I'll think of something fun to add with it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on October 31, 2014, 01:32:00 PM
don't forget you actually have a cinematic FS to work with...

you could try editting just the hitting part of his original FS, so that instead of riding over his enemies, he falcon punches them to death.
you can even make him jump out of his car before doing so.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on October 31, 2014, 01:41:39 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on October 31, 2014, 01:32:00 PM
you can even make him jump out of his car before doing so.

I know, that was the original plan.

It failed, tremendously.

Like, really bad.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on October 31, 2014, 08:15:54 PM
CF FS isnt friendly at all to edit  i tryed to use it also for ridley and it just isnt a good move to change too many wierd stuff is hardcoded there.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on November 01, 2014, 06:34:01 AM
Quote from: Carnage on October 31, 2014, 08:15:54 PM
CF FS isnt friendly at all to edit  i tryed to use it also for ridley and it just isnt a good move to change too many wierd stuff is hardcoded there.

Reminds me of how irritating Ike's final smash was to edit. I'm sure Ill work something out with CFs final smash. But for sure, I won't be using CFs original fs.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 06, 2014, 08:54:37 AM
Nidoking Progress

So I've finished Nidoking's Down Special: Earth Power & Earthquake, on the ground it's a 2 stage chargeable attack where Nidoking unleashes stalagmites from the ground and each charge increases range, spike amount, damage & knockback.  In the air Nidoking comes plummeting down and slams into the ground unleashing a wave of rock in front of him that knocks opponents into the air with 8% damage.

Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on November 06, 2014, 02:11:29 PM
Use imgur (http://imgur.com/), quick and effective.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 07, 2014, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on November 06, 2014, 08:54:37 AM
Nidoking Progress

So I've finished Nidoking's Down Special: Earth Power & Earthquake, on the ground it's a 2 stage chargeable attack where Nidoking unleashes stalagmites from the ground and each charge increases range, spike amount, damage & knockback.  In the air Nidoking comes plummeting down and slams into the ground unleashing a wave of rock in front of him that knocks opponents into the air with 8% damage.

-Omni
:o
So do the spikes come out of the ground in a line, or in one big chunk? I personally think it would be cooler to have all the spikes erupt at one time instead of staggered. Would it possible to get a gif of that animation? I wish to see it in all of it's glory!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on November 07, 2014, 09:38:43 PM
Quote from: Omniscient X on November 06, 2014, 08:54:37 AM
Nidoking Progress

So I've finished Nidoking's Down Special: Earth Power & Earthquake, on the ground it's a 2 stage chargeable attack where Nidoking unleashes stalagmites from the ground and each charge increases range, spike amount, damage & knockback.  In the air Nidoking comes plummeting down and slams into the ground unleashing a wave of rock in front of him that knocks opponents into the air with 8% damage.

Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
while that looks cool it doesnt look like the earth power i invisioned  when watching the move on pokemon games i always imagine ground hopeneing and lava apaearing out somewhere but it looks nice for an earthquake gfx no so much for earth power imo.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 07, 2014, 09:52:27 PM
I found the perfect picture for it. :P

(http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/Nightslayer_321/Pokemon%20stuff/Nidoking_zps1183d773.png)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on November 07, 2014, 11:58:40 PM
Here's some stuff from my end:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Haven't animated the charge animation, but that's easy enough to do. Will animate the transition to wait1 in BBox

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Second part of Ganon's Front Smash. Will give him his Spaceworld Sword Soon™. Will animate the transition to wait1 in BBox.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on November 08, 2014, 05:51:58 AM
Sword-based moveset for Ganondorf?
We need moar of those.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 08, 2014, 06:15:37 AM
@ Carnage I'm adding lava into the attack once his Sheer Force ability has been activated, where Nidoking liquidates the floor more.  However, how could I use the pokemon anime version?  It's a fissure with sparkles, and you wouldn't be able to see the fissure when you're playing only if you stopped and paused the game to change the angle and check it out.

@Pokemon Master I hate GIFs they're a hassle to make but the spikes come up relatively all together there's a bit of a delay but all in all I think it's a pretty unique move the first set of spikes being able to bury grounded opponents while the farther away ones deal more damage and knockback without the capability to bury opponents.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: :N2D: on November 08, 2014, 02:24:42 PM
These pictures were taken during development of an unfinished Castle Crasher move set over Toon Link.

This is a Side B that replaces Toon Link's Boomerang with magic, but only the grounded version is finished.
(http://i58.tinypic.com/nywl0l.jpg)

This is his new Neutral Aerial.
(http://i62.tinypic.com/i5cba9.jpg)

(I used the model made by Starwaffle and Nanobuds, but those will not be included.) I plan on making an OP version and a Balanced version, with the balanced version having limited magic attacks.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: StarWaffle on November 08, 2014, 02:32:52 PM
Castle crasher hype
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on November 08, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on November 08, 2014, 05:51:58 AM
Sword-based moveset for Ganondorf?
We need moar of those.

Not in the slightest :P

I'm basing some moves off of OoT, but including some sword moves in there. I think there's only 2 or 3 sword moves total in the whole moveset.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on November 08, 2014, 03:14:33 PM
Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on November 08, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Not in the slightest :P

I'm basing some moves off of OoT, but including some sword moves in there. I think there's only 2 or 3 sword moves total in the whole moveset.
please make it on bowser for ganon FS...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on November 08, 2014, 03:18:19 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on November 08, 2014, 03:14:33 PM
please make it on bowser for ganon FS...

Do you think I forgot about that?

Dont worry, I got it covered ;)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 09, 2014, 08:03:19 AM
With no further ado, here's the amped up version of Earth Power you attain once Sheer Force has been activated and Nidoking's strength liquifies the ground!

LAVA!!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Note lava GFX are susceptible to change I'll probably work with their transparency and textures a bit to give them a more fiery look...
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 09, 2014, 07:42:13 PM
If only there was a better Nidoking model...

Quote from: Omniscient X on November 09, 2014, 08:03:19 AM
Note lava GFX are susceptible to change I'll probably work with their transparency and textures a bit to give them a more fiery look...
-Omni
Could you maybe see if there are some textures or GFX that you could steal from Norfair? You might find something there.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 09, 2014, 09:46:58 PM
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on November 09, 2014, 07:42:13 PM
If only there was a better Nidoking model...
Could you maybe see if there are some textures or GFX that you could steal from Norfair? You might find something there.
Wow.  For the 75th time: the X/Y model of Nidoking is being rigged over Bowser as I type this.  Everyone needs to quit bagging on my test model, it's TEMPORARY.

Those are Norfair's textures one that model, just not the model because Norfair's models are all set to be displayed at one angle and actually in reality are terrible GFX to work with.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 10, 2014, 01:15:46 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on November 09, 2014, 09:46:58 PM
Wow.  For the 75th time: the X/Y model of Nidoking is being rigged over Bowser as I type this.  Everyone needs to quit bagging on my test model, it's TEMPORARY.

Those are Norfair's textures one that model, just not the model because Norfair's models are all set to be displayed at one angle and actually in reality are terrible GFX to work with.
-Omni
Ok! I must not have heard about the x/y model. sorry.
Norfair... ok then. Idk what I'm talking about half the time anyway. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 10, 2014, 02:54:23 AM
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on November 10, 2014, 01:15:46 AM
Ok! I must not have heard about the x/y model. sorry.
Norfair... ok then. Idk what I'm talking about half the time anyway. :P
No worries, I appreciate the ideas.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on November 10, 2014, 08:23:15 PM
I decided to completly ignore model issues until im done with animations and moveset. Whats done since last time i posted any progress:
Standing animation redone and Waiting 2, Dash and run stop animations adapted to fit it. Preview of new standing animation:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wings in this animations will be improved later;
CSP and all recolors except for Firebrand and...don't even know how to call it...skeleton recolors;
Fixed shading and materials issues;
Completed move list;
Finished replacing Lucario's SFX with Other M Ridley's (completly clean and loud enough to be heard, but not too loud).
I think some peoples will dislike Other M roars for some reasons, so, there will be alternate SFX for him with Brawl roars instead. In both versions, there will be Ridley-X's roar that will be used for an easter egg similar to PM HYES Knee of Justice easter egg, but it will stun opponents close to Ridley. It won't help much since taunt during which it will be used will last for too long, so, it is useless outside of turbo mode. It will be triggered by holding A button during one of the taunts (most likely Side Taunt).
Recolors preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

CSPs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on November 11, 2014, 10:31:13 AM
here is a preview on the specials on the silver over peach psa that i am making

Special B
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Special Up B
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Special Down B (not final)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Special Side B
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Special Side B Air
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on November 11, 2014, 08:13:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVrbZM5uwY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVrbZM5uwY)

this is for Nebula's pack thingy. sonic gets 8 costumes and so does shadow. shadow will have his own moveset and psa.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on November 11, 2014, 08:16:03 PM
Wait. 16? I thought the max was 10.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on November 11, 2014, 08:26:48 PM
Quote from: xXKingxXxJigglyxXxPuffXx on November 11, 2014, 08:16:03 PM
Wait. 16? I thought the max was 10.

As far as I know, a few characters have extra space. 10 is a number that all of them can reach, but a selected few can go further.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on November 12, 2014, 12:53:48 AM
Quote from: xXKingxXxJigglyxXxPuffXx on November 11, 2014, 08:16:03 PM
Wait. 16? I thought the max was 10.

my bad. not 16, 12. 6 each
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on November 14, 2014, 11:56:42 PM
So, now half of basic movement animations (rolling, jumping, walking, running, etc. kind of animations) are done and i figured out what names in SFX ID list mean (i had to use Brawlbox for that, but meh). I would post previews for them. If site im using would work. But i can tell what has been done in text at least:
Turning animations while standing and running;
Stopping during running turn animation;
Jump and landing animations;
Falling after jump animations;
Added correct sounds to jumps, landing, wait 2 and running (needs to be louder).
Soon i will reach attack animations. But i won't be able to show all stuff done in a video like i did before using 4shared until i will fix one major glitch - when moving or even being pushed, he randomly rotates at Y axis. There is also a new one, but less annoying and noticable - his transition between running turn and running turn brake animations is incorrect and he just...don't know how to call it...spasms out (?) for few frames before continuing as he should.
Quote from: Onii-chan on November 12, 2014, 12:53:48 AM
my bad. not 16, 12. 6 each
Only Wario can have 12 colors...right?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on November 24, 2014, 09:32:47 PM
Sorry about the double post, but its been a while since i posted previous message.

What have been done since last update:
All basic movement animations;
Jab combo (in-game, gif animation):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dash attack (in-game, gif animation):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Side tilt (in-game, gif animation):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

All 10 recolors are done now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 24, 2014, 09:37:49 PM
Those Ridley animations are looking good!

In all those gifs it is in PM. So is it meant to work with both PM and vBrawl?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on November 24, 2014, 09:39:48 PM
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on November 24, 2014, 09:37:49 PMIn all those gifs it is in PM. So is it meant to work with both PM and vBrawl?
Most likely yes. If i will ran out of available space for animations, then only for PM. It is tested only in PM for now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 24, 2014, 09:43:31 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on November 24, 2014, 09:39:48 PM
Most likely yes. If i will ran out of available space for animations, then only for PM. It is tested only in PM for now.
Cool. I know I have used different PSA in PM before, but some of them just don't work... The biggest issue is with the air dodge I've found. Like the Goku PSA. It crashes PM if you try and air dodge in a certain way.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 24, 2014, 09:46:29 PM
Alright so I've been hard at work despite the lack of the forums so here's whats been done on Nidoking:

Surf:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Stone Edge:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Earth Launch:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


New Lava Version of Earth Power:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've got alot more done in animations I'm working on coding Megahorn right now, more updates to come!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 24, 2014, 09:48:00 PM
Earth Launch.... I'm really wondering what attack that is... up-b?

Post Merge: November 24, 2014, 09:49:03 PM

That lava also looks better
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 24, 2014, 09:50:56 PM
Earth Launch is Nidoking's grounded Up-B in the air it becomes Rock Thrusters/Storm where a maelstrom of rocks spiral around Nidoking's lower body and lift him up.  A more in depth description is that Rock Storm is great for damaging opponents and it allows for great horizontal recovery but not more than an average vertical recovery.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 24, 2014, 09:59:52 PM
That's cool! So it's a mix of PM Charizards down-b, and Fox's up-b. Am I thinking right on that one?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 24, 2014, 10:04:37 PM
Hmmm yes PM Charizard's Down-B could be compared to Earth Launch because they both toss the user into the air, I'm not sure what you mean by Fox's Up-B.  Rock Thrusters/Storm isn't a locked-in movement move, you can essentially fly for a short period of time you just can't fly upwards as well as you can sideways.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on November 24, 2014, 10:09:29 PM
By Fox up-b I meant that you could angle your direction and that you do damage as you fly through the air. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on November 24, 2014, 10:18:13 PM
Yes and no you can essentially fly so maybe more towards Pit's Up-B?  Though a much more limited version and the damage is akin to Mach Tornado, however its inverted and spins beneath Nidoking.  It's quite the move though it doesn't last for long and Nidoking suffers serious landing lag.

I must admit I got to watching some Infamous: Second Son gameplay videos to see how this "Concrete Power" looked and it gave me some great ideas for a variety of terrakinetic moves for Nidoking that use Pokemon moves as a base, for example I believe you'll find Stone Edge to be a beautiful breath of fresh air as far as smash attacks function and the fact that it looks awe-inspiring in its full animation and effects.

I've given most moves a great visual update redoing most of the graphic effects so I need to post more progress pics and I've scrapped Giga Impact (despite the fact I finished the move) because I feel it doesn't suit Nidoking's style it seems like more of a Ganondorf Final Smash move than a functional Side-B.  Right now I'm considering Toxic where Nidoking spews a poisonous cloud in front of him dealing continuous damage but no flinching.  If you have suggestions I implore you to post them in the Nidoking thread and I'll have a poll at the end of the week.
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on November 24, 2014, 11:21:51 PM
Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on November 24, 2014, 11:19:09 PM
Alright, since KCMM's been down for a while I can post and bump this up lol.

Some Gifs have changed since I've made them:

Up Air - will use sword (I added spinning in BBox)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Neutral Air - will use sword (I added spinning in BBox)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have to rework the Front Smash and then the main PSA (sans Final Smash) will be done.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on November 25, 2014, 02:34:16 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 24, 2014, 08:21:54 PMAlso, have a Beta Meowth Wait1 animation. Ignore the blinding magenta and lack of HipN movement. I only made this animation to test the bone structure. I won't make any other changes until I finalize the models and boneset, as I'm having someone model a few additional things for me.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 25, 2014, 07:30:13 PM
Hey, neat! When did ya start a Meowth?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on November 25, 2014, 08:12:30 PM
I'm been doing various tests with Meowth's X/Y model. Thanks to RTB, I've managed to keep the model's rig.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on November 25, 2014, 08:44:15 PM
Pikamaxi - The Dream Knight PSA v0.7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziyHANqzW0E#ws)
a PSA(s) of me and KJP using "Let the Swap Begin" modules created by me!
KJP did most of the coding, but I cant thank him enought!
still a WIP and I really love how Nightmares final smash "Dream Eater" turned out <3
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 25, 2014, 08:12:30 PM
I'm been doing various tests with Meowth's X/Y model. Thanks to RTB, I've managed to keep the model's rig.
add some movement on his hips and knees and you should be go to go! :D
and you gotta love when models comes with their rigs <3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on November 28, 2014, 05:21:08 PM
More stuff done:
Up tilt (preview a bit outdated - it now works properly):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Down tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fixed shaking bug:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on November 29, 2014, 11:05:29 PM
you should really consider making the gifs better quality, the animations are hardly watchable with all the frame skipping...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 03, 2014, 12:41:49 AM
It's been a long time hasn't it?
For those that haven't been paying attention to my tweets my drive and passion for smash has died and been dead for the past 4 months. And with that, my drive to do further Brawl modding has died as well.
I honestly don't see myself continuing any further projects aside from Simon's new model....
Not sure what to do....

Might do an Action 29 style compilation of all my unreleased stuff which would include the most up to date versions of Gray Fox,Sora,Simon, my unreleased PSAs like Aiai and Solidus, the VR Mission Stage I never put out, the Monkey Island stage, and my old personal build of BrawlEx I made to test things.
All Assets related to those including maya and max scenes and textures would be included too; would probably be a rather large DL. Concepts for things never started would probably be there too

Oh and I'll put in notes of bugs/unfinished stuff too.

Would you want such a thing??
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on December 03, 2014, 01:07:20 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 03, 2014, 12:41:49 AM
Would you want such a thing??

I'd love to get a hand on your work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 03, 2014, 01:10:49 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 03, 2014, 12:41:49 AMWould you want such a thing??
Of course I would. I wouldn't want your efforts to go to waste.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on December 03, 2014, 01:17:41 AM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 03, 2014, 12:41:49 AM
It's been a long time hasn't it?
For those that haven't been paying attention to my tweets my drive and passion for smash has died and been dead for the past 4 months. And with that, my drive to do further Brawl modding has died as well.
I honestly don't see myself continuing any further projects aside from Simon's new model....
Not sure what to do....

Might do an Action 29 style compilation of all my unreleased stuff which would include the most up to date versions of Gray Fox,Sora,Simon, my unreleased PSAs like Aiai and Solidus, the VR Mission Stage I never put out, the Monkey Island stage, and my old personal build of BrawlEx I made to test things.
All Assets related to those including maya and max scenes and textures would be included too; would probably be a rather large DL. Concepts for things never started would probably be there too

Oh and I'll put in notes of bugs/unfinished stuff too.

Would you want such a thing??
I'm sorry to hear that, but at the same time I respect you. Thank you for everything you have done for the Brawl hacking community!


And yes, such a thing would be awesome!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Eternal Yoshi on December 03, 2014, 04:43:21 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207043 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207043)
There it is. Had to exclude my personal BrawlEx build because the DL is huge as is.

See you in some other game.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 03, 2014, 10:03:57 AM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on November 29, 2014, 11:05:29 PM
you should really consider making the gifs better quality, the animations are hardly watchable with all the frame skipping...
I don't know how to improve them. Otherwise, i would do that.

Side Smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

No sourspot in this one.
Down Smash:
Sourspot:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sweetspot:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

After aerial attacks will be done, new video will be uploaded.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 03, 2014, 03:52:46 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 03, 2014, 04:43:21 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207043 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207043)
There it is. Had to exclude my personal BrawlEx build because the DL is huge as is.

See you in some other game.
If someone doesn't pick up either Gray Fox or Simon Belmont, I might pick up one of the two.

It's a shame to see you leave, EY, but good luck. You'll be missed.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on December 03, 2014, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 03, 2014, 03:52:46 PM
If someone doesn't pick up either Gray Fox

I did, remember :V

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 03, 2014, 04:43:21 AM
See you in some other game.

Good luck and fortune wherever you end up. As KJP said, you'll be missed.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on December 09, 2014, 02:26:34 AM
Requested preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzlYCE6wM8c (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzlYCE6wM8c)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on December 09, 2014, 08:41:28 AM
So I finally decided to get enough motivation to upload some Nidoking previews, Tabuu is nearing the finishing stages of Nidoking's model, so for now the previews are with the vertex.

Here are the newly finished attacks:

Neutral-B: Ice Beam, the move swapped component of Thunder which instead of dealing significant damage (Thunder deals 25%  :o ) has very quick startup speed and good range.  The downside being that it only deals 2-4% damage and has weak set knockback, however the freeze time is just enough to annoy and slow opponents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Side-B: Toxic, [Giga Impact was way to OP for a special move so I trashed it completely] Nidoking spews out poisonous fumes in front of his face which deal 4% poison damage every 10 frames for a second and a half, but no knockback or flinching.  The cloud doesn't cover much area but when opponents suffer from lag or a status ailment, you can make the most of it and deal out some nasty damage (36% if all hits connect) and it's poison damage so on top of the direct damage it can continue to deal damage overtime.  Benefits of the this attack also include that after the brief startup you can cancel into any move/movement you want, so you can chain Toxic into close-quarter combos to rack up more damage!  Careful though as Toxic doesn't hinder enemies in the slightest so they can attack you straight through the cloud!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


(Super Move): Hyper Beam, if you manage to beat up on the opponents nicely with your more powerful (harder to land) attacks then you might notice Nidoking starts glowing blue!  While this is quite difficult to achieve, it's extremely rewarding now by pressing B on the ground Nidoking leaps into the air and unleashes a devastating Hyper Beam!  The beam is swept a good distance across the ground from directly below Nidoking, and explosions follow the beam!  The beam does a gnarly 25% paralysis damage and very weak knockback and can hit multiple times, while the explosions deal 5-6% fire damage and powerful forward knockback.  It's quite possible to dodge the attack for opponents once they've seen it once but it's definitely tricky to avoid the entire attack.

Modeled the attack after this (Nido's version is nearly identical)
(http://cdn.yourepeat.com/media/gif/000/519/571/c27aa5088f6612c39e56458ad4ac3ef9.gif)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Note the first Hyper Beam preview shows the most complete texture for the beam!

New Mega Punch Shockwave!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hope you all enjoy the previews Nidoking is nearly done!  I'm still working on the two other Super Moves (Fissure & Eruption), but other than a few more moves and some tweaks for the model expect to see Nidoking on the Vault sooner than later!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on December 09, 2014, 09:55:03 PM
That Hyper Beam effect is really cool looking! I like that mix between the purple and black you did. When you release Nidoking, do you mind if I use it for my Dark Saber PSA? If I ever finish it...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 09, 2014, 11:02:52 PM
That's right, I'm testing the rig ATM and I'm working around the clock to fix as many issues as I can.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on December 09, 2014, 11:40:46 PM
Quote from: Archer/Elen on December 09, 2014, 09:55:03 PM
That Hyper Beam effect is really cool looking! I like that mix between the purple and black you did. When you release Nidoking, do you mind if I use it for my Dark Saber PSA? If I ever finish it...
Of course.  Feel free to use any of the graphics from my hacks, just give me a little credit  ;)

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 09, 2014, 11:02:52 PM
That's right, I'm testing the rig ATM and I'm working around the clock to fix as many issues as I can.
Words simply would not do my hype any justice, it's uncontainable  :happy:
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on December 10, 2014, 12:06:40 AM
Quote from: Omniscient X on December 09, 2014, 11:40:46 PM
Of course.  Feel free to use any of the graphics from my hacks, just give me a little credit  ;)
-Omni
Of course! You made such a cool looking GFX, man!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ClubbyBear on December 13, 2014, 02:58:03 PM
I'm trying to make Bandana Dee, from Kirby
(http://i.imgur.com/2ji5lwX.gif)
I'm not that good at this stuff, still on the animation phase, but it will have new attacks and go over meta knight unless you use brawlex
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 15, 2014, 05:57:21 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/pOU0Vnj.png)
Lets do this!
ActionOverride Entry and Exit Added (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPWrQ6pvKPI#ws)

to those who dont understand, I added Action Override to Jigglypuff in replacement of his Rollout and final smash params. sadly thanks to the replacement, the B and Final Smash will freeze the game once used.
but this proves that Action Overrides will work no matter who it is. we only need to find a way to add it without replacing old params D:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 15, 2014, 06:01:31 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/7drHiqrh.jpg)

I've been wanting this for like years now. It sucks to hear about the Special Param stuff being replaced, but at least we're getting there.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on December 16, 2014, 04:59:27 AM
I'm not sure I follow.

I can see it involves shielding...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on December 16, 2014, 06:15:21 AM
I'm with Segtendo on this one... What is it doing, and what potential use does this have for future hacks?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 16, 2014, 09:01:00 AM
Action Override is a special "Action command" that lets you do your own common action instead for the one that was used in "Fighter.pac", basically all Actions before 274 (your Neutral B action)

in my case, I changed the actions 26 and 27 (the Guard commands) to change the Guard Effect to Jigglypuff Sing Effect, disable "Rolling" and Spotdodging and the guard decreasing over use, but you get hit with the shield to get out of it
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 16, 2014, 03:08:05 PM
Basically, without Action Overrides, my Solo Charizard would have never been a thing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 16, 2014, 03:21:16 PM
Every attack and special except for throws, aerial side B and misc. attacks are done since i last posted here.
Ground Side B:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Travels pretty far (nearly half of FD) and may fail to grab opponent if used when too close. GFX was resized to proper size after taking screenshot above. Right now doesn't works properly - opponent isn't thrown and instead just escapes after some time even though there is throw applier code added.
Down Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Opponent needs to be a little lower, but its not too hard to do. Tail goes pretty far through opponent and can damage opponent below. This screenshot was taken before it became too hard to see opponent in all of that flame.
Other minor additions and changes:
-Tail shortened by 20%. Now its actually accurate to Other M;
-Model fixed...except for the eyes. They shouldn't be like that. Will be fixed soon;
-Added extra GFX to attacks like DAir and aerial Down B.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on December 16, 2014, 03:45:27 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 16, 2014, 03:08:05 PM
Basically, without Action Overrides, my Solo Charizard would have never been a thing.
Still didn't get what pikazz said, but if it helps, it helps.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 16, 2014, 03:49:03 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on December 16, 2014, 03:45:27 PM
Still didn't get what pikazz said, but if it helps, it helps.
Basically same thing as Action Scripts that are used to edit specials, but for everything else other than specials...I think...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on December 16, 2014, 03:51:18 PM
basically it allows to edit "hardcoded" actions, every thing a character does has an action, even if it's not in the character's moveset file... at least that's what i understood...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 16, 2014, 04:07:18 PM
to further fill the hype, the Action Override does only a couple of character have. Yoshi and Link are prime example to those who was them.
not all of them has, jigglypuff didnt have it until I gave it Action Override Entry and Exit and works great ingame!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 16, 2014, 04:46:11 PM
Quote from: pikazz on December 16, 2014, 04:07:18 PM
to further fill the hype, the Action Override does only a couple of character have. Yoshi and Link are prime example to those who was them.
not all of them has, jigglypuff didnt have it until I gave it Action Override Entry and Exit and works great ingame!
Sounds very simple. Btw, is it going to be added to PSA, brawlbox or something or it is already available? Or something else?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 16, 2014, 07:44:13 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on December 16, 2014, 04:46:11 PM
Sounds very simple. Btw, is it going to be added to PSA, brawlbox or something or it is already available? Or something else?
actually no, it cant be added atm. I had to hex it into it with hex program which is like 3 times more problematic than adding true glide/Fly/Crawl information. it couldnt even be added normally so I had to replace Article Floating points/Params to get it to work D:

until I found a way for ADDING and not replacing, I will do a tutorial for everyone use
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Anivernage on December 16, 2014, 09:43:40 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on December 16, 2014, 03:21:16 PM
Ground Side B:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

dat graphic... which character has that gfx? looks really good imo.

@Pikazz thats really great progress i hope you can figure it out how to add it without removing stuff.
If you also find out how to add moar articles properly ill love you  :srs:

@Seggy from what i understand Action Overrides lets you use the common actions in your file instead of the ones stored in fighter.pac, this allowed KJP to make his solo charizard because it allows you to make a pseudo-transformation PSA with model changers, well this is just an example of what you can do if you have Action Overrides in your character.
in this case pikazz changed the Guard commands in order to change the Guard Effect during KingJigglypuff´s Sing Attack
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 17, 2014, 03:09:18 AM
Quote from: Anivernage on December 16, 2014, 09:43:40 PM
dat graphic... which character has that gfx? looks really good imo.
Ridley boss. Its supposed to be attached to pretty much every part of character, but looks fine like that too.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 18, 2014, 09:47:09 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 18, 2014, 09:09:56 PM
Look who finally has a Side Taunt now. :V

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 20, 2014, 08:58:38 PM
Grab, Grab attack, Back and Down Throw are finished:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Down Throw's animations needs some polishing before it will be shown as a gif animation. Grab attack is supposed to deal 3%, but i forgot to change value. Also, all recolors' and default color's textures are improved thanks to SchAlternate from Smashboards:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on December 20, 2014, 09:02:59 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on December 20, 2014, 08:58:38 PM
Grab, Grab attack, Back and Down Throw are finished:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Down Throw's animations needs some polishing before it will be shown as a gif animation. Grab attack is supposed to deal 3%, but i forgot to change value. Also, all recolors' and default color's textures are improved thanks to SchAlternate from Smashboards:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You're giving me a little motivation right now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on December 20, 2014, 09:29:53 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on December 20, 2014, 08:58:38 PM
Grab, Grab attack, Back and Down Throw are finished:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Down Throw's animations needs some polishing before it will be shown as a gif animation. Grab attack is supposed to deal 3%, but i forgot to change value. Also, all recolors' and default color's textures are improved thanks to SchAlternate from Smashboards:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ya know... At first I was skeptical about this new Ridley model, but the more progress you  make and the more images of it I see, the more I am liking it. Keep up the good work on this, it is looking awesome so far! :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on December 20, 2014, 10:22:09 PM
Quote from: BaganSmashBros on December 20, 2014, 08:58:38 PM
Grab, Grab attack, Back and Down Throw are finished:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Down Throw's animations needs some polishing before it will be shown as a gif animation. Grab attack is supposed to deal 3%, but i forgot to change value. Also, all recolors' and default color's textures are improved thanks to SchAlternate from Smashboards:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You finally listened and changed the model color lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 21, 2014, 10:11:24 AM
Forward throw done:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It is strong and travels across nearly half of Final Destination, but Back Throw is still faster. It can be followed up with ground Down B and then aerial attacks, but knockback on it isn't fixed, so, it will stop working after opponent takes enough damage. It can be punished by other opponents, but it can hit opponents if they are too close:
(http://www.4shared.com/download/95gO0JLUce/bandicam_2014-12-21_12-48-04-8.gif?lgfp=3000)
While he grinds opponent, there is a hitbox that will drag other opponents along with caught opponent. While it has fixed knockback, it later is replaced by a stronger hitbox capable of KOing at high %. Usually deals around 6% unless opponent is too close. Then it deals more damage.
If someone thinks that i was just too lazy to make wings flap, then you are wrong - i just made wings move exactly like they do during wall grinding animation in Other M. I could make them flap and i did so before going with the current version. It looks better than if he would flap them really fast.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 20, 2014, 10:22:09 PM
You finally listened and changed the model color lol
I did it like month ago. But after model was fixed, materials got messed up. Textures still remained brighter than how they originally looked like. Materials were only recently fixed.

EDIT: Down Throw done:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It can damage other opponents too, but damage is minor and will most likely fail to KO even at 900%. But it will keep them away from him. I wanted fire to remain on the ground after he shoots fireball, but it instead attached itself to Ridley, so, it goes away near animation's end.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on December 21, 2014, 10:32:44 AM
I have a suggestion. Have Ridley do a loop, then glide across the floor with the grabbed opponent in claw. No need for wing flapping, and it can still look cool.

-if you want to go for crazy awesome, have him fly outside of the arena into the background before flying across the stage and grinding them on the ground.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 21, 2014, 10:40:02 AM
Quote from: Velen on December 21, 2014, 10:32:44 AM
I have a suggestion. Have Ridley do a loop, then glide across the floor with the grabbed opponent in claw. No need for wing flapping, and it can still look cool.

-if you want to go for crazy awesome, have him fly outside of the arena into the background before flying across the stage and grinding them on the ground.
Then he will clip through solid platforms on stages like Hyrule Temple.
It can't be done without clipping through background objects.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on December 21, 2014, 02:49:42 PM
I looked it over again and found out what I think my deal with it is.

There's no anticipatory movement to what he's about to do at the beginning. I also think it could be slightly faster, and that the throw at the end could be a little more exaggerated.

What I'm saying is the Forward Throw needs a quick start-up animation before he goes into it. I also think the pose while he grinding the opponent across the floor could be a little more exaggerated too. The concept of the throw is cool though.

As for the down throw, I think it would be really cool if Ridley skewered the victim with his tail, breathed fire on them, then did a quick spin around to whip them off of it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 23, 2014, 01:24:58 AM
Quote from: Ridley on December 21, 2014, 10:40:02 AM
Then he will clip through solid platforms on stages like Hyrule Temple.
It can't be done without clipping through background objects.
unless you animated it with the TransN bone and has the flag "Movement" on PSA (with one extra thing to allow the transN go up and down) will not clip through solid stuff
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on December 23, 2014, 05:19:51 AM
[spoiler]

(http://i.imgur.com/T3RzZvl.gif)
So I animated Rosalina's new neutral special. It uses the same animation as the Luma Shot, because I didn't want to animate another launch animation. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 23, 2014, 05:24:39 AM
Quote from: pikazz on December 23, 2014, 01:24:58 AM
unless you animated it with the TransN bone and has the flag "Movement" on PSA (with one extra thing to allow the transN go up and down) will not clip through solid stuff
It doesn't works on throws. He will not move up or down at all with it. I tried it before.
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on December 23, 2014, 05:19:51 AM
[spoiler]

(http://i.imgur.com/T3RzZvl.gif)
So I animated Rosalina's new neutral special. It uses the same animation as the Luma Shot, because I didn't want to animate another launch animation. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
Looks too slow and i think it has too much range if those are projectiles.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on December 23, 2014, 05:28:51 AM
Yes, they're fake projectiles. I've attached them to Rosalina's model and added bones for them. Each starbit only does 2 damage with minor KB. Think Falco's blaster. I'll try and speed them up, though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Omniscient X on December 23, 2014, 09:11:48 AM
Alright here's some previews of Nidoking's final stages, huge thanks to Tabuu and Drogoth for making this model and rig possible!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

He's nearing completion and beta testing WILL commence this weekend as a belated Christmas present to all the people willing to throw Bowser aside for a day and play as "The Drill" pokemon!
-Omni
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on December 23, 2014, 07:34:45 PM
Quote from: Ridley on December 23, 2014, 05:24:39 AM
It doesn't works on throws. He will not move up or down at all with it. I tried it before
well, kirby and metaknight are able to do it while P:M charizard did it for seimic toss so it is possible
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 23, 2014, 07:41:39 PM
Quote from: pikazz on December 23, 2014, 07:34:45 PM
well, kirby and metaknight are able to do it while P:M charizard did it for seimic toss so it is possible
Kirby and Meta Knight are the only characters who can do that. How PM Charizard does it is unknown. I tried it with and without that RA/LA/Basics code that is supposed to allow that accodring to brawl modding wiki and it didn't worked. I turned on and off "Moves Character" flag and it changed nothing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on December 23, 2014, 07:47:24 PM
You need both Action Override Entry and Action Override Exit in order to have a throw like Kirby/Meta Knight/P:M Charizard.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: zeldadove on December 25, 2014, 08:38:30 AM
Nab
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on December 25, 2014, 11:50:06 AM
New Down B finished:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It works like this:
Once Ridley applies this buff, he will gain knockback-based armor and reflective skin (which does not breaks like Fox's reflector, but it still can't reflect what can't be reflected) at the cost of 30% reduction in speed (i mean animation speed, not just movement speed, so, his attacks become 30% slower) and L-Cancelling is also disabled. It lasts for 7 seconds and while in this state, Ridley becomes darker and has dark aura surrounding his chest area. If he is interrupted while he flaps his wings, he will still gain this status. Timer starts counting only when he is out of this state. Using Down B while he is still in this state will instead remove this status instead of resetting timer.
Also, base character is replaced with Pit because he has true multijump, glide, defensive collisions that can actually reflect stuff, more useful projectiles that are easier to modify and he doesn't shakes without slope countour stand or when going back into falling state.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on December 28, 2014, 07:46:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hOU_XGwMuM&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hOU_XGwMuM&feature=youtu.be)

Post Merge: December 28, 2014, 07:49:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLqiLAftvg&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLqiLAftvg&feature=youtu.be)

Post Merge: December 28, 2014, 07:56:21 PM

This is the best psa i've ever made so far! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdbvk-bdpRw&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdbvk-bdpRw&feature=youtu.be)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on December 30, 2014, 02:18:54 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rit2oraCjyI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rit2oraCjyI#ws)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on January 03, 2015, 01:31:36 PM
New Side B:
Ground version:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Aerial version:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Previews are a bit outdated and suffer from major framerate issues. Aerial version originally was going to be exactly same, but he failed to change animation. Unlike Up B, it puts him into helpless state when used in the air.

New Neutral B...kinda. Its just alt version triggered by pressing A while he steps back before shooting fireballs.
Ground version:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Aerial version:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It is powerful, cannot be absorbed or reflected like Bowser and Charizard's fire breath, is a meteor smash (spike?) if used in the air and stops all vertical movement, so, it can be used as part of Ridley's already perfect recovery abilities. BUT vertical range (ground version)/horizontal range (aerial version) is pretty bad and there is a blind spot that can be exploited by small characters or Samus' crawl in PM.
Until fireballs crashing the game will be fixed, this will remain default version. Default version is disabled and can't be triggered without editing moveset file, but even then, Ridley won't shoot anything or even use any SFX and GFX.

One of the victory animations done: http://www.4shared.com/video/AGqFd8mYce/bandicam_2015-01-02_00-28-19-6.html (http://www.4shared.com/video/AGqFd8mYce/bandicam_2015-01-02_00-28-19-6.html)
This is link to the video, not download. It can be watched without downloading it. Portrait is glitched up in it for some reasons. "Pit" was replaced with "Ridley" shortly after making this video.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on January 03, 2015, 04:16:13 PM
i am so hyped for this psa. its looking great. love that winning animation adn sfx
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on January 06, 2015, 05:54:51 PM
Up Throw done:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can KO near 120% and Ridley is invincible during it (not that you would actually be able to reach him).
Final Smash (re)done:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I won't post gif animation of it because Ridley doesn't moves a lot during it, so, all that would really move is flame and thats not interesting. Once opponent is caught in the flame, he/she/it will not escape no matter what due to how hitboxes are set up (hitboxes closer to Ridley push opponent forward while hitboxes at the end push opponent back). Even if opponent will somehow survive, damage dealt is so high (156% + 20% on the final hit) that it is pointless unless Ridley is in a bad condition as well or opponent gets hit by tail's sourspot. However, unlike every directional Final Smash (e.g. Zelda/Sheik's Light Arrow, Samus' Zero Laser, Lucario's Aura Storm, etc), its horizontal range is not infinite. Its shorter than Final Destination's platform length. So, it is not very useful on large stages. It has a small blind spot until final hit and there is no vacuum effect like on Zero Laser. To be honest, i did not expected GFX used to look like this and thought it would require extra GFX to make it look better. Right now im trying to improve animation to look better. Other than that, only get hit, ledge and misc. animations are left until this PSA is done.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 06, 2015, 06:47:13 PM
Quote from: Ridley on January 06, 2015, 05:54:51 PM-snip
Ridley can still be hit when he's that high. I would suggest you either make him have weak Heavy Armor or remove the invulnerability entirely.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on January 07, 2015, 03:03:20 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 06, 2015, 06:47:13 PM
Ridley can still be hit when he's that high. I would suggest you either make him have weak Heavy Armor or remove the invulnerability entirely.
But then he may just suddenly reappear on the ground since he doesn't actually moves...or he will change position if TransN is moved even though flag "MovesCharacter" isn't checked?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 07, 2015, 03:55:54 AM
Use the coding my Raptor uses for its Up Throw. It's how to let characters use upward TransN throws. If you want help with it, PM me, and I'll give you the precise coding.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Kyouma on January 07, 2015, 05:48:04 AM
that ridley will definetly be on eof the best PSAs recently made
a shame is for PM but anyway I guess it can later get balanced for regular brawl
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Fanincapse on January 08, 2015, 12:48:20 PM
Keep up the good work!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on January 10, 2015, 01:39:27 AM
Hacks that goes Terrible wrong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnqv95m1g3Q#ws)

dont mind me getting bad results from hacks, need to show this through cause its hilerious
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 10, 2015, 10:47:56 AM
LOL
awesome how ganon's attacks inflict knockback on yoshi

why does the game store ganondorf's location though?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 10, 2015, 09:30:14 PM
I've got Spec and Ref working for a character I'm highly considering adding to my current projects.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on January 11, 2015, 03:18:42 AM
Mmm.
Sexy.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on January 11, 2015, 04:00:37 AM
2nd win animation done:
http://www.4shared.com/video/jTfZgZMIba/bandicam_2015-01-07_21-43-36-5.html (http://www.4shared.com/video/jTfZgZMIba/bandicam_2015-01-07_21-43-36-5.html)
It has been reduced in size and fanfare that plays was replaced with one that resembles his theme (which is more fitting), but its still pretty much same as shown here.

Improved Forward Air to be easier to use for Wall of Pain:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If you don't notice the difference - now its an overhead swipe and not just an aerial version of his first jab.

Aerial version of Down B has been switched back to Bowser Bomb kind of special based off his Other M stomp attack, but i already showed it...i think. The only changes to it are hit trajectory (now its 45 degree and not just straight up) and it pushes opponents if they are too close, yet not close enough for him to hit them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 12, 2015, 05:15:51 PM
I like your victory animation. But I feel he shouldn't fly so far back. He should also tinker with the Metroid capsule for a tad longer.

On a different note, I have more things to show for Xenomorph. I've decided to add it alongside the main 4 I'm doing as well (Team Rocket's Meowth, Wisp, Zoroark, and Raptor).

Wait1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait2 (Needs a bit of work near the middle to end.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 12, 2015, 08:39:16 PM
King K. Rool stuffs.

Edited Up Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Taunt WIP (Facing Left)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on January 13, 2015, 05:45:30 PM
Ledge animations done except for most of slow ledge animations.
Pre-100% ledge attack:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Animation doesn't just snaps into aerial position - its gif framerate issues. Spikes opponent into explosion's radius. Damage isn't too high - Ganondorf deals 10% with his pre-100% ledge attack. Hard to predict since it starts very similar to...every other fast ledge animation.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Blur always appears and tail always goes back into same position before striking again. Its just gif framerate issues again. Tail can hit opponents touching the tail blade even when it still haven't reached platform he is hanging from, but tail base does nothing. If opponent has reliable spiking attacks, then Ridley is screwed if he misses.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 23, 2015, 10:53:29 PM
A few new Xenomorph things.

Attack11 animation.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CSP Pose variants.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CSP 1 alteration
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CSP 2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CSP 2 alteration
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

Red recolor variants.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


15% opacity. Barely looks any different.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


32% opacity. My middle ground between the two.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


32% opacity in game.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on January 24, 2015, 06:46:42 AM
CSP1 and CSP2 alteration get my vote.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 24, 2015, 07:27:23 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 12, 2015, 05:15:51 PM
Wait1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I feel there's not enough Follow Through/Overlapping Action in this. Mainly for the body. I'd also mess around with your curves where it starts and ends. There are some cases you'll want to angle those tangents so they aren't flat.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 24, 2015, 03:29:57 PM
Would you mind elaborating a bit more? I don't quite get what you mean with that.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 24, 2015, 04:31:54 PM
Follow Through and Overlapping Action. Imagine a ball with a tail attached to it. As the ball moves across the air, the tail will follow the balls path. And when the ball changes direction, there is a delay for the tail to follow suit. Normally the tail would go from a C Curve, to an S Curve, to a C Curve in the opposite direction. In the case of the arms, it's more likely to remain a C Curve, but it should be a wider C where an S Curve would normally take place. Basically all I ask of this is to delay when the arms and the head moves, so the body leans forward first, then the mentioned parts will follow.

As for the Keys, look at the graph editor, and look at your bones/control rigs. If you select a key, you can change the angle of the tangents to your liking. When I say look at the beginning/ending keys, the handles for the most part would be completely horizontal. You'll get a smoother loop as a result of changing these angles. So as oppose to a curve like this...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You'll want a curve like this...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hope this helps.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 24, 2015, 04:39:53 PM
Okay, so I said I'd be taking a break and I realized I had more animations to work on...

So...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I suck at capes, so I'll be working on that when I finish with the more important stuff.

KJP suggested adding shaking for when he thrusts his arms out, and also fixing the ending up a bit (making arms and legs follow through). Anything else?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 24, 2015, 04:41:07 PM
what's that animation for? entry?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 24, 2015, 04:42:46 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 24, 2015, 04:41:07 PM
what's that animation for? entry?

Up Special for Floating.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 24, 2015, 04:44:22 PM
I think he could squeeze in more when he hugs himself. Looks kinda stiff otherwise.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 24, 2015, 04:46:50 PM
I was thinking about adding some arm and leg bending before he goes to his pose. Right now, he just relies on tangents to go to the pose and doesn't have anything else going for him.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 24, 2015, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on January 24, 2015, 04:31:54 PM-snip
So like this?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 24, 2015, 05:21:49 PM
Much better! Loops much more smoothly. It also feels less stiff than it was before!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 24, 2015, 08:30:42 PM
I like this update. Makes Xeno look more crazy and it fits.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 25, 2015, 12:56:43 AM
Update

(http://i.imgur.com/UJgu4GD.gif)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 25, 2015, 01:53:44 AM
Looks much better.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on January 25, 2015, 02:44:16 AM
Quote from: drogoth on January 24, 2015, 04:39:53 PM
Okay, so I said I'd be taking a break and I realized I had more animations to work on...

So...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I suck at capes, so I'll be working on that when I finish with the more important stuff.

KJP suggested adding shaking for when he thrusts his arms out, and also fixing the ending up a bit (making arms and legs follow through). Anything else?
What, shouldn't cape be animated by wind physics?


Neutral B fireball finally fixed and heavely nerfed (previous version was so easily spammable it was like if Fox's blaster had Pit's arrows' knockback multiplied by 2). It has 3 versions - ground, aerial and alt aerial versions. First one is pretty simple:
(http://www.4shared.com/download/O_yQpSF0ce/bandicam_2015-01-25_07-14-36-9.gif)
I won't show normal aerial version of it because its same as ground version, except done in the air. So, here is alt aerial version:
(http://www.4shared.com/download/xMfsMQjAce/bandicam_2015-01-25_07-14-31-1.gif)
It has same damage and knockback, but it goes down and creates a small shockwave along with a regular explosion that will launch opponents up and has higher knockback, but lower damage. Shockwave is bigger than in the gif.
Fireball GFX used (its from Meta Ridley, those medium sized because large fireball's glow is visible only at certain angles) should leave a trail of fire on its own without need for extra GFX, but for whatever reasons, only model of it is left when used on Pit's arrows.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 25, 2015, 03:42:53 AM
Quote from: Ridley on January 25, 2015, 02:44:16 AM
What, shouldn't cape be animated by wind physics?

I believe there's an event that disables physics

Post Merge: January 25, 2015, 06:08:03 PM

(http://i.imgur.com/96YwDKz.gif)

Really bad concept for Up Air Attack.
I'll be rigging a sword to him Soon TM, no sheath tho.

Some things that I'll do on my own, regardless of critique:

1. Right arm needs work for when it goes to grab the sword hilt (when both hands are in the air)
2. Hip needs downwards rotation to the side when he slashes downwards
3. Arms need to be reworked for when sword is grabbed and both arms start to go up (make it look more like a slash).

Rotation will be included, although I might make him rotate 180 and go back to 0 instead of going to 360.

Any other critique would be fantastic.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on January 26, 2015, 12:24:40 AM
Quote from: drogoth on January 25, 2015, 12:56:43 AM
Update

(http://i.imgur.com/UJgu4GD.gif)

Okay. Please allow me to give one on this one.

While the movement is nice, it doesn't feel very powerful. There's not enough snap to it, and I feel it transitions too quickly from the curling pose to him throwing his arms out.

He needs to pause for about 5-6 frames, squeeze his knees in toward his chest more and bring his arms in tighter, and his head tucked in for about 5-6 more, then thrust his legs out and throw his arms out in one, quick, snappy motion. That pause I mentioned followed by the further squeezing in of his limbs will give it a feeling of tension, before he thrusts his legs out in a matter of 4-5 frames will make it feel extremely powerful, and making him hold the pose afterward with his hands and arms trembling will really sell how powerful he and the movement is.

-and with the second one, again, Ganondorf needs pauses and quick, snappy movements in his animations, cause it really gives a supper powerful feeling to it.

His taunt where he tucks his limbs in, spins around, then thrusts them out ad laughs is a perfect example of what I mean. Ganondorfs animations are all about incredible build-ups of tension followed by a powerful, quick release
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 26, 2015, 12:46:03 AM
Quote from: Velen on January 26, 2015, 12:24:40 AM
Okay. Please allow me to give one on this one.

While the movement is nice, it doesn't feel very powerful. There's not enough snap to it, and I feel it transitions too quickly from the curling pose to him throwing his arms out.

He needs to pause for about 5-6 frames, squeeze his knees in toward his chest more and bring his arms in tighter, and his head tucked in for about 5-6 more, then thrust his legs out and throw his arms out in one, quick, snappy motion. That pause I mentioned followed by the further squeezing in of his limbs will give it a feeling of tension, before he thrusts his legs out in a matter of 4-5 frames will make it feel extremely powerful, and making him hold the pose afterward with his hands and arms trembling will really sell how powerful he and the movement is.

-and with the second one, again, Ganondorf needs pauses and quick, snappy movements in his animations, cause it really gives a supper powerful feeling to it.

His taunt where he tucks his limbs in, spins around, then thrusts them out ad laughs is a perfect example of what I mean. Ganondorfs animations are all about incredible build-ups of tension followed by a powerful, quick release

I appreciate the critique alot. Really, I do.

I actually was tinkering with making the tuck in last longer, but the animation would last too long to be conventional. Right now, it's at 80 frames. Considering that I want the float to be the core of his moveset, I don't want the start up to be too long and end up being too punishing.

But I will take it into consideration and see if I can stick in at least 10 more frames, if not more.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 26, 2015, 12:59:21 PM
if you don't wanna make the animation last longer, but you want a specific part LOOK longer, make the rest of the animation shorter, this will give the illusion of that important part being longer, it's all about proportions within your frame-limit :D
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on January 26, 2015, 03:07:45 PM
im porting the majin buu psa over kirby and im going to try having him absorb people and iv been messing around with the kirby hats and i almost have the vest loading right
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


also here is a early video of the majin buu psa over kirby
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on January 26, 2015, 04:08:47 PM
That's actually awesome, I'm surprised no one else thought of that. I mean, they're even the same color lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 26, 2015, 04:22:32 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 26, 2015, 12:59:21 PM
if you don't wanna make the animation last longer, but you want a specific part LOOK longer, make the rest of the animation shorter, this will give the illusion of that important part being longer, it's all about proportions within your frame-limit :D

I looked at the OoT Boss fight and to me the tuck in doesn't seem like a focal point in the animation to me.

With that being said, I could probably move the tuck in 5 frames earlier so there's more build up.

I was thinking of also having the legs move forward a bit before he goes into the float pose... although that might seem sloppy for someone like Ganondorf.

I think I posted an Up air animation for ganondorf. I'd love some critique on that, I think it came out really sloppy, but... idk ;_;

Nvm, I didn't put up the updated version. I'll put that up when I get home.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on January 26, 2015, 05:10:57 PM
Quote from: drogoth on January 26, 2015, 04:22:32 PM
I looked at the OoT Boss fight and to me the tuck in doesn't seem like a focal point in the animation to me.

With that being said, I could probably move the tuck in 5 frames earlier so there's more build up.

I was thinking of also having the legs move forward a bit before he goes into the float pose... although that might seem sloppy for someone like Ganondorf.

I think I posted an Up air animation for ganondorf. I'd love some critique on that, I think it came out really sloppy, but... idk ;_;

Nvm, I didn't put up the updated version. I'll put that up when I get home.

Well, being the holder of the Triforce of Power, making Ganondorf look powerful in every movement he does is important.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 26, 2015, 07:15:46 PM
Had a fun discussion with Velen. I'll fix the animation with his pointers when I have free time.

In the meantime, here's another animation that I want you guys to rip apart. I don't like the way it looks, honestly. But it's better than nothing.

(http://i.imgur.com/5ey74r4.gif)

I'm going to add more of a pause for the second downward swing, the upwards one won't have as much.

I also can't seem to find a way to make his bust rotate properly to make the image of heaving a large sword, so some pointers or a video would be nice :V
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 26, 2015, 07:34:39 PM
command grab out of float?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 26, 2015, 07:36:15 PM
Quote from: drogoth on January 26, 2015, 07:15:46 PM
Had a fun discussion with Velen. I&#039;ll fix the animation with his pointers when I have free time.

In the meantime, here&#039;s another animation that I want you guys to rip apart. I don&#039;t like the way it looks, honestly. But it&#039;s better than nothing.

(http://[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/5ey74r4.gif%5B/spoiler%5D)

I&#039;m going to add more of a pause for the second downward swing, the upwards one won&#039;t have as much.

I also can&#039;t seem to find a way to make his bust rotate properly to make the image of heaving a large sword, so some pointers or a video would be nice :V

I should ask... what is he doing exactly? lol... You should pro'lly make it clear what it is before asking us for opinions.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 26, 2015, 07:38:59 PM
It's supposed to be an upwards sword swing.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 26, 2015, 07:41:52 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 26, 2015, 07:34:39 PM
command grab out of float?

Oh whoops, I forgot to mention it's a sword swing

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on January 26, 2015, 07:36:15 PM
I should ask... what is he doing exactly? lol... You should pro'lly make it clear what it is before asking us for opinions.

Whoops^2

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 26, 2015, 07:38:59 PM
It's supposed to be an upwards sword swing.

Thanks, Jiggy :V
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on January 26, 2015, 08:00:23 PM
Not enough Follow Through/Overlapping Action. When I tried doing the same thing you're animating, I feel like the sword he's swinging is too light. In this case, the torso should be the driving force to perform the swing, which is then followed by the shoulders, which is followed by the arms, followed by the hands, all the way back down to the sword. Much like how a whip would move when you take a swing at it.

Do also note that gravity eventually takes over at some point. So when he swings it down, depending on how heavy the sword is, it should drop faster than his arms can keep up.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 26, 2015, 08:03:28 PM
would be cool to make it a command grab that meteors backwards :P

idk what sword you're using, but the arms don't really seem to look as they should, like, is he holding the sword with 1 or 2 hands? if with 2, how big is the handle? O_O

also, if it's a OoT ganon, why would he use a sword?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on January 26, 2015, 10:04:06 PM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on January 26, 2015, 08:00:23 PM
Not enough Follow Through/Overlapping Action. When I tried doing the same thing you're animating, I feel like the sword he's swinging is too light. In this case, the torso should be the driving force to perform the swing, which is then followed by the shoulders, which is followed by the arms, followed by the hands, all the way back down to the sword. Much like how a whip would move when you take a swing at it.

Do also note that gravity eventually takes over at some point. So when he swings it down, depending on how heavy the sword is, it should drop faster than his arms can keep up.

A good way to signify this would be to have one hand leave the sword's hilt and have him hanging on to it with one hand while one arm stops and the other one keeps going due to the sword's immense weight.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on January 26, 2015, 11:11:43 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 26, 2015, 08:03:28 PM
would be cool to make it a command grab that meteors backwards :P

He's over pit =<

Quote
also, if it's a OoT ganon, why would he use a sword?

Because I want to :V

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 31, 2015, 03:33:21 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Take a closer look at that trophy.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 31, 2015, 01:34:15 PM
if you want to be an actual trophy you should put Aliens Infestatio on the bottom line since it was the last alien appearence on a nintendo system since isolation wont really be on any nintendo console.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on January 31, 2015, 02:10:03 PM
wow alien isolation for DS

LOL
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 31, 2015, 02:59:35 PM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 31, 2015, 02:10:03 PM
wow alien isolation for DS

LOL
yeah most alien games  skipped  nintendo enterely lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 31, 2015, 03:51:30 PM
Quote from: Carnage on January 31, 2015, 01:34:15 PM
if you want to be an actual trophy you should put Aliens Infestatio on the bottom line since it was the last alien appearence on a nintendo system since isolation wont really be on any nintendo console.
A few Metal Gear and Sonic trophies show games that aren't on Nintendo systems.

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on January 31, 2015, 02:10:03 PM
wow alien isolation for DS

LOL
u wot m8?

I still need to find how to remove those logos near the titles...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 31, 2015, 04:07:08 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 31, 2015, 03:51:30 PM
A few Metal Gear and Sonic trophies show games that aren't on Nintendo systems.
u wot m8?

I still need to find how to remove those logos near the titles...
yes they do but those only have one line becuase the second line is reserved for a nintendo appearence if any.

usualy its like this
1st line is when the character first debuted
2nd last appearence of said character on a nintendo system.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 31, 2015, 04:21:16 PM
There's a few trophies that don't follow that formula

The Knuckles (despite being in Sonic Heroes), Silver (despite being in the Green Hill Zone stage), Iroquois Pliskin, Naked Snake, Shagohod, Metal Gear RAY (despite being in the Shadow Moses Island stage), Gekko (despite being in the Shadow Moses Island stage), and Cypher trophies make no mentions of any Nintendo games.

Edit: After looking through various trophies, it appears that putting Aliens: Infestation rather than Alien: Isolation would make more sense, as the trophies I listed have never been in a Nintendo game up until Brawl, hence why no Nintendo game titles were on them.

I've also updated the trophy description and made the trophy model itself slightly bigger.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on January 31, 2015, 09:47:10 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 31, 2015, 04:21:16 PM
There's a few trophies that don't follow that formula

The Knuckles (despite being in Sonic Heroes), Silver (despite being in the Green Hill Zone stage), Iroquois Pliskin, Naked Snake, Shagohod, Metal Gear RAY (despite being in the Shadow Moses Island stage), Gekko (despite being in the Shadow Moses Island stage), and Cypher trophies make no mentions of any Nintendo games.

Edit: After looking through various trophies, it appears that putting Aliens: Infestation rather than Alien: Isolation would make more sense, as the trophies I listed have never been in a Nintendo game up until Brawl, hence why no Nintendo game titles were on them.

I've also updated the trophy description and made the trophy model itself slightly bigger.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Move it forward a bit so its left foot would actually be connected to the trophy stand.


Now Ridley has glide instead of his aerial side B:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

He can turn around, use aerial attacks, glide attack and even fireballs during it. Ending it anyhow will disable it until he lands or gets hit. Its hard to control since it has high speed. The only aerial attacks that can really be used are FAir and UAir (mostly FAir since UAir requires opponent to be above Ridley) since NAir is too slow while other 2 are aimed in such way you can't hit with them unless they are somehow behind or directly below Ridley.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on January 31, 2015, 10:23:56 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 31, 2015, 04:21:16 PM
There's a few trophies that don't follow that formula

The Knuckles (despite being in Sonic Heroes), Silver (despite being in the Green Hill Zone stage), Iroquois Pliskin, Naked Snake, Shagohod, Metal Gear RAY (despite being in the Shadow Moses Island stage), Gekko (despite being in the Shadow Moses Island stage), and Cypher trophies make no mentions of any Nintendo games.

Edit: After looking through various trophies, it appears that putting Aliens: Infestation rather than Alien: Isolation would make more sense, as the trophies I listed have never been in a Nintendo game up until Brawl, hence why no Nintendo game titles were on them.

I've also updated the trophy description and made the trophy model itself slightly bigger.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i like it and with alien infestation now it looks like a legit trophy  now you only need to take away that gba icon lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SouthCraft on January 31, 2015, 11:04:01 PM
Quote from: SouthCraft on January 31, 2015, 10:08:39 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
preview of geno. :) he is pretty much done, just some few fixes. Thanks to Leon Exodio for the vid, enjoy.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 01, 2015, 12:52:08 AM
Quote from: Ridley on January 31, 2015, 09:47:10 PM
Move it forward a bit so its left foot would actually be connected to the trophy stand.
I did that a moment after I posted my preview.

This preview is a spinning gif of the trophy to show off the material stuff.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: Some Raptor stuff.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 05, 2015, 04:16:21 PM
I've been wanting to do these things with Raptor's model for a while now...

I finally got to fixing Raptor's shader problem with its tail and arms, alongside adding a subtle spec map to its body.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I applied the same reflective material that Xenomorph uses to Raptor's claws.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And finally...Raptor has Final Smash eyes (I've still gotta adjust the opacity of the red to make it more subtle).
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


A preview video will be up shortly showcasing the most recent Raptor stuff.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 05, 2015, 06:38:45 PM
If/When I manage to apply the model, material, and shader edits to the recolors, Rappy alt, and Talon alt, then I might consider releasing my current Raptor stuff.

But for now, here's a preview video of the current Raptor.

http://youtu.be/SrGtNe9hfYM (http://youtu.be/SrGtNe9hfYM)

Watch it...and expand to feature length...

List of things since the last preview video.
-Spec map applied to skin.
-Reflective Spec map applied to claws.
-Final Smash eyes implemented (not shown in video).
-Hitbox edits to every attack to fit with the increased model size.
-On Hit Cancel mechanic has been buffed.
-Revamped Side Tilt.
-New Neutral Air.
-New Entry.
-60 FPS Recorded Emulation with minimal stuttering.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on February 18, 2015, 05:56:15 PM
I'm working on these PSAs
EDIT: Added some previews and animations

Work in Progress


Dewott over Lucas(import by TheLegend75) contains preview animations
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




SSF2 Sora over Marth

Zora Link over Link


Kuroyukihime (Accel World) over Peach (needs vertex)

Released, but needs improvement

Hyrule Warriors Link (contains preview animations)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Shimakaze (Kancolle) over Sonic
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Kingdom Hearts Cloud over Metaknight
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Crono Trigger
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Sayaka Miki
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Miku Hatsune
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Neku Sakuraba over Marth
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If you want to help me with any of these, just PM me, and tell me what you want to help me with. :kdance:

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 18, 2015, 05:59:13 PM
Putting up some previews would be great :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 18, 2015, 06:11:24 PM
It's great of you to be looking for criticism, ZeusLink. Now if only more new people would be willing to do the same for their works.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on February 18, 2015, 06:15:48 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 18, 2015, 06:11:24 PM
While it's great of you to be looking for criticism, you need to post previews in this thread, ZeusLink.
Someone asked me that already. :srs:
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 18, 2015, 06:18:12 PM
You edited your post right as I made my post.

Don't get snappy.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on February 18, 2015, 06:20:32 PM
I knew that, I got the warning. I'm not trying to get snappy, I'm just proving a point.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 18, 2015, 06:22:00 PM
Adding a few gifs of your animations that you've worked on would be great too :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on February 18, 2015, 09:08:21 PM
I figured, since there are some aspiring animators in these parts of the internet, some of you guys might enjoy a video talking about some concepts of animation. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVq4lccElVY

One thing he says that I really liked is the idea of animating to create a "feeling" and how an animation is an overall composition of movements working together, not just individual details.

I posted it in here because there's no general animation thread...(?)



Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Afterthought on February 18, 2015, 10:31:49 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 18, 2015, 06:11:24 PM
It's great of you to be looking for criticism, ZeusLink. Now if only more new people would be willing to do the same for their works.

This wasn't incredibly necessary. There's most certainly a better way to word it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on February 18, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on February 18, 2015, 10:31:49 PM
This wasn't incredibly necessary. There's most certainly a better way to word it.
I think it was necessary. It makes sense. I always like when people are completely honest, sometimes even brutally honest. I would agree with the fact that people need to put more time into their work, and ask for critique from other people. That's why I haven't posted anything to the vault lately. Yeah I have a bunch of stuff that I have worked on like texture or vertex things, but I know no one would want to download it, so why add a bunch of recolors of some hack? There's no point in giving unfinished or unpolished work to the public.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on February 18, 2015, 09:08:21 PM
~video
This is super inspiring for me! This just makes me want to learn how to animate more. I better get started ASAP! :D
Now I just need to figure out 3ds Max...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on February 19, 2015, 01:06:27 AM
Who here thinks people would benefit by having a thread full of videos on animation concepts that can be applied to Brawl Mods?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on February 19, 2015, 01:14:39 AM
I do.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on February 19, 2015, 01:36:04 AM
As a student animator, I would kinda appreciate a general Animation thread. Though, I guess one can make one in the Art Thread.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on February 19, 2015, 03:18:15 AM
Quote from: Velen on February 19, 2015, 01:06:27 AM
Who here thinks people would benefit by having a thread full of videos on animation concepts that can be applied to Brawl Mods?
It wouldn't hurt. I'm definitely not opposed to it. I know for me personally I know how to go about animation editing in BBox for the most part, but I'm interested and curious if it's possible to animate in a program outside of that and import it. I know for me a personal goal would be to make a full on new character. Custom model and bone structure. So that means a custom PSA as well. That would be my ultimate goal, considering that that's the kind of stuff I want to try and be doing for a career someday. Why not start here for a little practice?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on February 19, 2015, 03:46:29 AM
Quote from: PMCB on February 19, 2015, 03:18:15 AM
It wouldn't hurt. I'm definitely not opposed to it. I know for me personally I know how to go about animation editing in BBox for the most part, but I'm interested and curious if it's possible to animate in a program outside of that and import it. I know for me a personal goal would be to make a full on new character. Custom model and bone structure. So that means a custom PSA as well. That would be my ultimate goal, considering that that's the kind of stuff I want to try and be doing for a career someday. Why not start here for a little practice?

KJP's already been animating via 3DSMax or Maya, I do believe.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 19, 2015, 04:02:28 AM
Quote from: Velen on February 19, 2015, 03:46:29 AM
KJP's already been animating via 3DSMax or Maya, I do believe.

We've been using Maya as of late.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on February 19, 2015, 04:17:54 PM
Quote from: Velen on February 19, 2015, 03:46:29 AM
KJP's already been animating via 3DSMax or Maya, I do believe.
That's encouraging to hear. Now I just need to figure out how. :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: King Draco on February 19, 2015, 05:55:02 PM
Quote from: PMCB on February 19, 2015, 04:17:54 PM
That's encouraging to hear. Now I just need to figure out how. :P
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64144.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64144.0)

There were some people working on bringing Brawl animations into Maya but IDK what happened with that :(
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on February 19, 2015, 06:26:15 PM
I have 3ds Max right now, but would it be better to try and use Maya? What software do you guys prefer?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: nanobuds on February 19, 2015, 07:49:06 PM
Quote from: Draco on February 19, 2015, 05:55:02 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64144.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64144.0)

There were some people working on bringing Brawl animations into Maya but IDK what happened with that :(
Its still a thing. People are using it now. PMDT use it, including KJP and SDoOm.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 19, 2015, 08:23:53 PM
Wait. Nano. You mean importing brawl animations into maya or animating for brawl  in maya. Afaik the former is still impossible. Please prove me wrong  Id love to be able to import brawl animations into maya
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: King Draco on February 19, 2015, 08:27:00 PM
Quote from: PMCB on February 19, 2015, 06:26:15 PM
I have 3ds Max right now, but would it be better to try and use Maya? What software do you guys prefer?
I'm not an expert by any means, but well. I use 3DS Max for rigging and Maya for making animations.

Maya is definetely better than BrawlBox when it comes to make animations, that's for sure. You should check it out.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on February 19, 2015, 07:49:06 PM
Its still a thing. People are using it now. PMDT use it, including KJP and SDoOm.
Is there a tutorial somewhere? Or is it secret info?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on February 19, 2015, 09:08:08 PM
Quote from: drogoth on February 19, 2015, 08:23:53 PM
Wait. Nano. You mean importing brawl animations into maya or animating for brawl  in maya. Afaik the former is still impossible. Please prove me wrong  Id love to be able to import brawl animations into maya

Of course its possible.  Though, unless you're a programmer, you have to wait for someone else to make the converter for you.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: nanobuds on February 19, 2015, 11:49:58 PM
Quote from: drogoth on February 19, 2015, 08:23:53 PM
Wait. Nano. You mean importing brawl animations into maya or animating for brawl  in maya. Afaik the former is still impossible. Please prove me wrong  Id love to be able to import brawl animations into maya

Whoops, I misread your original post. I thought you were asking if it was possible to make animations for Brawl in Maya. My bad.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 02, 2015, 04:44:39 PM
I need more experience animating. so I am working on this. im going to also release a mini psa where you can do this animation as long as you want if you hold taunt. its not done yet, and once i finish, there are a lot of things i need to fix. like the spazing head and what not.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


its based on this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Afterthought on March 02, 2015, 04:48:25 PM
Quote from: Onii-chan on March 02, 2015, 04:44:39 PM
I need more experience animating. so I am working on this. im going to also release a mini psa where you can do this animation as long as you want if you hold taunt. its not done yet, and once i finish, there are a lot of things i need to fix. like the spazing head and what not.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


its based on this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This would be hilarious for Young Link. Really good work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 02, 2015, 04:52:34 PM
Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on March 02, 2015, 04:48:25 PM
This would be hilarious for Young Link.

thats the goal. im going to make it for link, toon link, and both young link mods (the one on link and on toon link)

QuoteReally good work.

thanks! i havent animated in awhile and im going to be going to collage for 3d modeling and animation, so i need more practice.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Afterthought on March 02, 2015, 04:53:57 PM
Quote from: Onii-chan on March 02, 2015, 04:52:34 PM
thats the goal. im going to make it for link, toon link, and both young link mods (the one on link and on toon link)
thanks! i havent animated in awhile and im going to be going to collage for 3d modeling and animation, so i need more practice.

I would kill to have even this much skill. College is pretty taxing, so best of luck to you.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 02, 2015, 05:33:45 PM
I suggest moving the HipN and legs around during the beginning. The upper body looks alright for now. You might want to go back later and work on it when everything else looks good.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 02, 2015, 06:28:05 PM
Yeah. I plan on moving the legs and what not. I'm gonna do that and fix it up when I finish making the frames
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 02, 2015, 06:38:58 PM
I'd suggest doing it now. If you do it later, then you have to move the Leg and Waist/Bust bones so they're in the places they should be.

But regardless of what you do, your animation is a good place to start at.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 02, 2015, 06:40:19 PM
Ah. That's true. I was going to do the top half first then the bottom half. But maybe I should just work on the entire thing at once.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on March 04, 2015, 01:53:09 PM
i'd suggest either doing all at once, or actually starting at the feet, since the hip bone is the root bone...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 04, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
I finished it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


now i just have to go back and fix things up. i dont like when he goes to his left the second time. his hands spaz a bit and it looks odd. also have to fix his legs and feet. and his return to the start looks a bit odd. but im done with it so i can now fix stuff.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Afterthought on March 05, 2015, 02:37:04 AM
I like this animation, but I think there needs to be some more sway in his hips.
But as you said, you're getting more accustomed to animating, so of course it's a great start.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: XxTailsxX on March 16, 2015, 03:08:58 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 16, 2015, 01:50:36 PM
It's a good start, but you need to do a bit more work on those animations. Take a look at Melee Pichu's Up Smash animations for a reference.

I would also consider changing Up Tilt to something else, as your current Up Tilt and Up Smash look way too much alike.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: XxTailsxX on March 20, 2015, 12:52:47 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 16, 2015, 01:50:36 PM
It's a good start, but you need to do a bit more work on those animations. Take a look at Melee Pichu's Up Smash animations for a reference.

I would also consider changing Up Tilt to something else, as your current Up Tilt and Up Smash look way too much alike.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Leon Exodio on March 20, 2015, 01:08:04 AM
a old psa that me and sonic brawler made 2 years ago i thought i lost the files. the psa is over olimar just need to fix some coding thats why the down b was not shown and need a idea for a final smash.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxS7KQsG6fA#ws)

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on March 20, 2015, 10:45:30 AM
Quote from: Leon Exodio on March 20, 2015, 01:08:04 AM
a old psa that me and sonic brawler made 2 years ago i thought i lost the files. the psa is over olimar just need to fix some coding thats why the down b was not shown and need a idea for a final smash.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxS7KQsG6fA#ws)


great idea for a psa i wonder why nobody tough about it before

my ideas probably arent very pratical but here it goes

A huge book from yoshy story appears below yoshy (yoshi is in the fold f the book) time stops and then the book closes and anyone cought in the closure takes massive damage and knockback.

Get several of  the enemies from yoshi story and make them run and shoot tuff all over the place.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 21, 2015, 05:23:15 AM
Quote from: Leon Exodio on March 20, 2015, 01:08:04 AM
a old psa that me and sonic brawler made 2 years ago i thought i lost the files. the psa is over olimar just need to fix some coding thats why the down b was not shown and need a idea for a final smash.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxS7KQsG6fA#ws)


I have an idea. Not the same game, but same series.
[spoiler](http://0519f170a2731643c0a9-ec45ee3cb118921cf5758d3a3db775b7.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/90f57571b0d112b3a2cecbab93b9c9b57038fe9d.jpg__846x0_q80.jpg)
Have a giant egg from New Island spawn. Yoshi aims it like a normal egg and it bounces around, inflicting 10-15% damage per hit.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 22, 2015, 12:18:14 AM
Some stuff that I did on stream.

Wait animation (might revamp/redo):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Spin Attack:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Misc Animation 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Misc Animation 2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.





IMPORTANT: I didn't edit the interpolation for any animations. I'll definitely edit them when I'm about to export them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2015, 12:27:11 AM
The Wait and Spin attack need a bit of work. The two misc animations look fine though.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 22, 2015, 12:33:30 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2015, 12:27:11 AM
The Wait and Spin attack need a bit of work.

What would you suggest for the wait? I'm not too happy with it, but I don't know what I can fix.

And for the Spin attack, I'd personally edit the ending transition. But is there anything else?

inb4 robotic V:

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2015, 12:27:11 AM
The two misc animations look fine though.

Of course they are.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2015, 12:38:14 AM
Quote from: drogoth on March 22, 2015, 12:33:30 AMinb4 robotic V:
:V

The Wait animation is rather robotic. But the spin animation should be a bit shorter. The spin should be quicker and the recoil crouch should be a bit more subtle.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 22, 2015, 12:44:43 AM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2015, 12:38:14 AM
The Wait animation is rather robotic. But the spin animation should be a bit shorter. The spin should be quicker and the recoil crouch should be a bit more subtle.

Wait animation - damnit man >:V
Spin Attack - I'm planning to add multiple spins when I import it into BBox. Those are there just to get the general idea. And I'll look into the recoil.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on March 22, 2015, 03:12:20 AM
The spin attack needs to flow better, it's obvious that things go from one pose to the next.

--
Before I continue, check out this guy
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlejandroLuisGarcia (https://www.youtube.com/user/AlejandroLuisGarcia)

He talks about physics and explains them in the context of animation. He goes into forces, rotational intertia, momentum, walking, balance, weight shift, dynamic weight shift... a lot. Take a look at some vids and see how you can apply some ideas.

For learning purposes, try to apply ideas and understand at a comfortable rate, otherwise you may get overwhelmed.
--

Back to the spin attack. After trying to spin like link, maybe his left leg should lead the spin. His feet are the foundation on which rotation is created, thus they need more emphasis. You need to visually convey that more. At the moment, his back leg just "lifts", then the rotation starts- it feels weightless. Instead, try to make his hips/body in the direction of rotation before his foot lifts. That should visually show that his feet are moving his body- it makes sense.

The slash itself should be pretty quick, I think you can get away with alot there.

The other key point to emphasize is the plant. Once the foot plants, Link still has rotational inertia. If he wants to forcibly stop rotating, he needs to plant that foot.  From your animation, it seems there's an "finisher" slash. From my attempts, I can get that feel only by planting the foot first which allows a stability (important) and that little extra "oomph" for the ending.

Fix those key points and you'll be fine.

As much as I like animation, I haven't been practicing lately. But, I hope the crits is still helpful.



Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 22, 2015, 04:32:11 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on March 22, 2015, 03:12:20 AM
The spin attack needs to flow better, it's obvious that things go from one pose to the next.

--
Before I continue, check out this guy
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlejandroLuisGarcia (https://www.youtube.com/user/AlejandroLuisGarcia)

He talks about physics and explains them in the context of animation. He goes into forces, rotational intertia, momentum, walking, balance, weight shift, dynamic weight shift... a lot. Take a look at some vids and see how you can apply some ideas.

For learning purposes, try to apply ideas and understand at a comfortable rate, otherwise you may get overwhelmed.
--

Back to the spin attack. After trying to spin like link, maybe his left leg should lead the spin. His feet are the foundation on which rotation is created, thus they need more emphasis. You need to visually convey that more. At the moment, his back leg just "lifts", then the rotation starts- it feels weightless. Instead, try to make his hips/body in the direction of rotation before his foot lifts. That should visually show that his feet are moving his body- it makes sense.

The slash itself should be pretty quick, I think you can get away with alot there.

The other key point to emphasize is the plant. Once the foot plants, Link still has rotational inertia. If he wants to forcibly stop rotating, he needs to plant that foot.  From your animation, it seems there's an "finisher" slash. From my attempts, I can get that feel only by planting the foot first which allows a stability (important) and that little extra "oomph" for the ending.

Fix those key points and you'll be fine.

As much as I like animation, I haven't been practicing lately. But, I hope the crits is still helpful.

I understand completely, and I really appreciate all your critique. It's always helpful.
I'll admit, I didn't act out any of the animations before doing them. Doing them myself definitely would have helped
I agree with everything you've said, now that you've mentioned it lol. I'll see what I can do.

What do you think needs to be done with the wait? Right now it looks really lack luster and just odd imo, but it's the best I could do with the little effort I used lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on March 22, 2015, 04:47:56 AM
I didn't know Link knew how to dance like Johnny Bravo.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 22, 2015, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Segtendo on March 22, 2015, 04:47:56 AM
I didn't know Link knew how to dance like Johnny Bravo.

Watch my stream then :V

TOTALLY NOT ADVERTISING OR ANYTHING
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on March 22, 2015, 06:32:29 PM
Quote from: drogoth on March 22, 2015, 04:32:11 AM
What do you think needs to be done with the wait? Right now it looks really lack luster and just odd imo, but it's the best I could do with the little effort I used lol

Hmm.. The dips after the first could be removed. They're just unnatural movements that distract.

Also, don't have link look at his second arm. I used to have a habit of doing a similar movement all the time during baseball. If you're trying to animate a habit that's done under pressure, don't have him look directly at his arms or exit out of battle stance too much- that's not smart in the middle of battle. (In my case, I remained, for the most part, in ready position, crouched and eyes focused on the batter, while I fixed my glove)

Of course, if you want him more relaxed, then go ahead and break the ready stance. But, you'd have to slow the pace down more.

---

Take a look at this. It's about moving holds (I don't think I posted this here before?)

http://www.keithlango.com/tutorials/march05/movingHold.htm (http://www.keithlango.com/tutorials/march05/movingHold.htm)

Work on this to avoid robotic movements and add more weight. Moving holds is about the transitions from one pose to another. You can think of it similar to when you used to only use linear tangents, then learned about curves.

---

For anyone interested, I've heard lots of good things from this book, made by Richard Williams who animated for "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

http://www.theanimatorssurvivalkit.com/ (http://www.theanimatorssurvivalkit.com/)

The DVD collection is expensive, but you can get the book is a lot cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/Animators-Survival-Kit-Principles-Classical/dp/086547897X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427068142&sr=1-1&keywords=THe+animators+survival+kit (http://www.amazon.com/Animators-Survival-Kit-Principles-Classical/dp/086547897X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427068142&sr=1-1&keywords=THe+animators+survival+kit)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: King Draco on March 22, 2015, 06:44:00 PM
Something similar to Ryu's first taunt in SF4 could work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8WN5bEfq3A&feature=youtu.be&t=2m58s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8WN5bEfq3A&feature=youtu.be&t=2m58s)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 23, 2015, 02:17:27 PM
[spoiler](http://i.imgur.com/Y2Dwa3Y.jpg)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 23, 2015, 02:28:40 PM
Quote from: Onii-chan on March 23, 2015, 02:17:27 PM
[spoiler](http://i.imgur.com/Y2Dwa3Y.jpg)

Is it only the mask transformations or is young link included?

I honestly considered doing it long ago, but the lack of young link was a turn off lol
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 23, 2015, 03:30:37 PM
Wait... Is that over Squirtle? I think this project has been mentionned more than once, no?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 23, 2015, 03:34:14 PM
Quote from: drogoth on March 23, 2015, 02:28:40 PM
Is it only the mask transformations or is young link included?

I honestly considered doing it long ago, but the lack of young link was a turn off lol

im going to try and include young link, but he might only be for entry/wins

Quote from: Vergil Akeno on March 23, 2015, 03:30:37 PM
Wait... Is that over Squirtle? I think this project has been mentionned more than once, no?

yes. all three masks will be over the three pokemon. not sure if this was mentioned before.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Akeno/Archer on March 23, 2015, 04:04:04 PM
Oh hell yeah!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 25, 2015, 11:46:41 AM
Ported the other two models

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 25, 2015, 01:27:10 PM
No custom rigs?

Son, I am disappoint.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 25, 2015, 01:54:01 PM
i still need to do that. all models will have the mask in their hand of the next transformation, and a young link model holding the mask (for entry/win/lost)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 25, 2015, 06:35:21 PM
Quote from: Onii-chan on March 25, 2015, 01:54:01 PM
i still need to do that. all models will have the mask in their hand of the next transformation, and a young link model holding the mask (for entry/win/lost)

I'm actually planning on working on a YL/FDL in the near future. If you don't mind, I'd like to help out with yours.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 25, 2015, 11:33:11 PM
Quote from: drogoth on March 25, 2015, 06:35:21 PM
I'm actually planning on working on a YL/FDL in the near future. If you don't mind, I'd like to help out with yours.

sure.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 26, 2015, 12:06:10 AM
Quote from: Onii-chan on March 25, 2015, 11:33:11 PM
sure.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


PM me thy skype, por favor.

Post Merge: March 27, 2015, 05:03:07 PM

I'm very unhappy with the feet/leg movement, but I don't know what to do about it...

(http://i.imgur.com/obo9TW4.gif)

Otherwise, it's done imo. I'll probably make it a taunt, it's too long to be a wait animation (about 160 frames)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on March 28, 2015, 01:14:53 AM
Quote from: drogoth on March 26, 2015, 12:06:10 AM
PM me thy skype, por favor.

Post Merge: March 27, 2015, 05:03:07 PM

I'm very unhappy with the feet/leg movement, but I don't know what to do about it...

(http://i.imgur.com/obo9TW4.gif)

Otherwise, it's done imo. I'll probably make it a taunt, it's too long to be a wait animation (about 160 frames)

Make his left foot slide back to it's original position along the ground, then have him step his right foot back into it;s original position afterward.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 28, 2015, 01:46:04 AM
Here's two more. One where I want him to look like he's dragging his feet

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And one where his left leg is sliding. Think I could have made the sliding and the hip translation much better.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on March 28, 2015, 04:44:37 AM
Although the legs are wonky, it looks great. I like the change to the arms. It looks a lot more natural.

The legs looks weird because you failed to convey balance and weight shifting. You cannot lift a leg and remain balanced until you shift weight onto the grounded foot. All that means is that you begin moving the upper body over to the other leg before lifting a leg.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 28, 2015, 04:54:16 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on March 28, 2015, 04:44:37 AM
Although the legs are wonky, it looks great. I like the change to the arms. It looks a lot more natural.

Not used to hearing that lol.

Quote
The legs looks weird because you failed to convey balance and weight shifting. You cannot lift a leg and remain balanced until you shift weight onto the grounded foot. All that means is that you begin moving the upper body over to the other leg before lifting a leg.

I'm usually on top of shifting weight on legs. I almost always do...
But a problem I had was that I don't want to make Link move side to side too much.
Aaaaand, just performed the animation myself. Guess I'll just have to deal with movement lol.

Wish there was an easy way to record myself at different angles.




More animations that I'd love critique on.

Originally, I wanted to make them 1:1 replicas of TP's animations. But I decided that making them my own animations would feel more rewarding.

Shield Bash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Helm Splitter *Needs work! Will add the flip in BBox and will make it transition into the fall in BBox as well. Want critique on the jumping part. TP was very... bad at that. Link literally goes from standing into jumping in the game.

Don't worry about the speed of the jump either. That will be fixed in BBox

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mortal Draw Start *Will probably make Link's foot be closer to the ground as he moves it back'

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sword Salute (When Link and the Hero's Shade are training for a skill, they start the session off with this) *Ignore the stuttering, it was a mistake made while recording the gif*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on March 28, 2015, 01:51:22 PM
Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 04:54:16 AM
Helm Splitter *Needs work! Will add the flip in BBox and will make it transition into the fall in BBox as well. Want critique on the jumping part. TP was very... bad at that. Link literally goes from standing into jumping in the game.

Don't worry about the speed of the jump either. That will be fixed in BBox

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'd work on the posing here as he rises up. When making animations, consider the camera. As it is right now, it could use more omph to the animation by having a more clear silhouette. Press 7 on the Perspective view, which will enable lighting... Assuming you have none, your character will go black. This is a good way to look at a silhouette version of your animation. With every frame you make, you need to be clear of what the character is doing even in silhouette with camera in mind. Exaggerate the pose if you need to.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on March 28, 2015, 02:18:30 PM
Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 04:54:16 AM-[Snipping Intensifies]
The shield bash needs to be a bit faster in movement. And like with what Bloody Canadian said, you can exaggerate the movement a bit.

You said you'll touch up on Helm Splitter in BrawlBox, so I'll wait for that.

The start of Mortal Draw could be a bit slower.

The Sword Salute is just fine.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on March 28, 2015, 02:24:56 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on March 28, 2015, 04:44:37 AM
Although the legs are wonky, it looks great. I like the change to the arms. It looks a lot more natural.

The legs looks weird because you failed to convey balance and weight shifting. You cannot lift a leg and remain balanced until you shift weight onto the grounded foot. All that means is that you begin moving the upper body over to the other leg before lifting a leg.

Huh, I didn't take that into account when I gave my critique...
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 28, 2015, 05:42:28 PM
I do thoroughly enjoy getting feedback lol

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on March 28, 2015, 01:51:22 PM
-I'd work on the posing here as he rises up.
-When making animations, consider the camera.
-As it is right now, it could use more omph to the animation by having a more clear silhouette.
-Press 7 on the Perspective view, which will enable lighting... Assuming you have none, your character will go black.
-With every frame you make, you need to be clear of what the character is doing even in silhouette with camera in mind.
-Exaggerate the pose if you need to.

Hope you don't mind me splitting up your post like that lol

Thanks for the feedback! And your last sentence is the reason why I strayed away from making it 1:1 replicas of TP. But I'll see what else I can do.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I'm assuming everything else is fine? If there's something off in the others, I'd really appreciate your feedback on it. If you're busy, don't sweat it. College sucks and we all have to deal with it (aside KJPls, of course <:V)

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 28, 2015, 02:18:30 PM
The shield bash needs to be a bit faster in movement. And like with what Bloody Canadian said, you can exaggerate the movement a bit.

You said you'll touch up on Helm Splitter in BrawlBox, so I'll wait for that.

The start of Mortal Draw could be a bit slower.

The Sword Salute is just fine.

Holy [censored], KJP didn't say robotic once <:V

-Currently, I think the Shield Bash is somewhere at like 90 frames. I didn't want it too fast because it would stun the opponent (I'll probably be using the Deku Nut stun effect, not the freeze or blaster paralyze) before allowing Link to use Helm Splitter.

-That still won't affect a majority of the animation. Only think I'll change in BBox is adding the spinning along with changing how fast he goes up. The rest is still in Maya.

-It's a Smash Attack. They're supposed to have like a 16-30 frame start up or something, right? Either way, I plan to slow it down more anyways. The swing itself will be really fast.

-I'm happy about this one. Had Maya crash on me for the first time yesterday and didn't save before it happened. I was struggling with how I wanted the arm to look before the actual salute pose. But I guess I got it.

Quote from: Velen on March 28, 2015, 02:24:56 PM
Huh, I didn't take that into account when I gave my critique...

Shame on you >:V

Thanks for all the critique guys! I really appreciate it.

Post Merge: March 28, 2015, 09:31:48 PM

The only thing that's confirmed for complete/close to complete is the Up Smash

Jump Strike (Needs a lot of critique. It'll be his down smash. Distance that he'll jump forward is determined by the control stick. Is meant to be a fast, GTFO move)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mortal Draw (I know the foot is messed up during the spin and that he doesn't really go low enough after the slash, but then it really messes up the interpolation of the transition to Wait, and I can't seem to fix it)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Smash (Link shoots a bomb arrow upwards. Depending on what direction the Control Stick is held, the arrow will either land infront, behind, or right next to Link causing high KB but low damage to people hit.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on March 28, 2015, 10:08:05 PM
If you say so...

Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 04:54:16 AM
Shield Bash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Needs more speed on the bash. As it is now, it's more like a push. You said you don't wanna speed it up for balancing reasons? Simply extend the startup, and then make the actual bash a fast one! We say it's too slow because the actual bash it too slow. Be more specific, guys... lol...

Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 05:42:28 PM
-It&#039;s a Smash Attack. They&#039;re supposed to have like a 16-30 frame start up or something, right? Either way, I plan to slow it down more anyways. The swing itself will be really fast.

I'd broaden that range to about 5 - 30 (2 in Zelda's case) cause you also have to take into account on which frame the hitbox will start at when doing the actual attack.

Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 05:42:28 PM
Jump Strike (Needs a lot of critique. It&#039;ll be his down smash. Distance that he&#039;ll jump forward is determined by the control stick. Is meant to be a fast, GTFO move)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Legs stay in the same position even in the Air. There's no force driving him to actually jump.

Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 05:42:28 PM
Up Smash (Link shoots a bomb arrow upwards. Depending on what direction the Control Stick is held, the arrow will either land infront, behind, or right next to Link causing high KB but low damage to people hit.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Some recoil when he shoots the arrow would be nice...

Every other one suffers from the same thing I mentioned before. Your poses are too stiff. It's good to exaggerate your key poses to make it read better, and to add more omph to it.

This is an Animator thing in general. Before you even think about animating in Maya, it's a good idea to draw out your animations first. Make a few sketches, draw some pictures as to what the motion will look like, and be sure you can push poses to make it read better. No, you don't have to have the artistic ability to draw realistically, nor the knowledge to draw cool animu waifu characters. As long as you can do some gesture drawings on some medium to help you get an understanding as to how to pose the character, and break down the motions, you'll get some results.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 28, 2015, 11:15:35 PM
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on March 28, 2015, 10:08:05 PM
If you say so...

Of course I say so! I can't improve without someone telling me what I'm doing

Quote
Needs more speed on the bash. As it is now, it's more like a push. You said you don't wanna speed it up for balancing reasons? Simply extend the startup, and then make the actual bash a fast one! We say it's too slow because the actual bash it too slow. Be more specific, guys... lol...

Got it!

Quote
I'd broaden that range to about 5 - 30 (2 in Zelda's case) cause you also have to take into account on which frame the hitbox will start at when doing the actual attack.

By start up I meant like the AttackS3Start animation

Quote
Legs stay in the same position even in the Air. There's no force driving him to actually jump.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how to animate the jump X.X

I blame Nintendo for this one. Velen will understand <:V

Quote
Some recoil when he shoots the arrow would be nice...

Aaaaand I knew I forgot something lol

Quote
This is an Animator thing in general. Before you even think about animating in Maya, it's a good idea to draw out your animations first. Make a few sketches, draw some pictures as to what the motion will look like, and be sure you can push poses to make it read better. No, you don't have to have the artistic ability to draw realistically, nor the knowledge to draw cool animu waifu characters. As long as you can do some gesture drawings on some medium to help you get an understanding as to how to pose the character, and break down the motions, you'll get some results.

I personally act out my animations instead of drawing. Helps me understand how the character might move or slide.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on March 28, 2015, 11:17:42 PM
Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 11:15:35 PM
Of course I say so! I can't improve without someone telling me what I'm doing

Got it!

By start up I meant like the AttackS3Start animation

Yeah, I'm not really sure how to animate the jump X.X

I blame Nintendo for this one. Velen will understand <:V

Aaaaand I knew I forgot something lol

I personally act out my animations instead of drawing. Helps me understand how the character might move or slide.

One of the rules of being an animator as told by my animation instructor at JCCC:

"Throw away your dignity, act it out!"
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on March 29, 2015, 12:15:34 AM
You work fast drogoth.....

Think about how long you want an action to take. Then match your main key frames to that. The new batch's timings are all odd, where small actions take forever to happen. For example, the startup of JumpStrike, Link takes too long to grab his sword. If you want to keep the overall action slow, make the jump anticipation last longer instead.

For the jump strike, you didn't give much details on the mechanics, but I wanted to give a little input. There could be a "minimum" movement allowed that's in the animation already. That way, no matter what the player does, it looks good. Then, the toggle stick would only allow a small influence to either increase or decrease strike distance. The influence values should be less than or equal to the default change in horizontal distance per frame of the animations strike. This means that if the player holds back, they won't actually go backwards and look broken....

---

I just started this animation today. It's a requested grab animation. It looked simple enough so hopefully I'll finish it =/.

[edit:old]
http://i.imgur.com/lOXDEGK.gif (http://i.imgur.com/lOXDEGK.gif)

These are just the main key frames. The fingers are not keyed yet.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on March 29, 2015, 12:41:07 AM
Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 11:15:35 PM
By start up I meant like the AttackS3Start animation

My statement still stands...

Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 11:15:35 PM
Yeah, I'm not really sure how to animate the jump X.X

When animating a jump, think of the legs like a spring. The legs spring up so the person can jump in the air.

Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 11:15:35 PM
I personally act out my animations instead of drawing. Helps me understand how the character might move or slide.

"When in doubt, act it out." That's something I wouldn't say I'm against, but you need to be able to visualize the poses as well. And when acting it out, you're aware that you're acting it out, and you tend to pause to get the pose right. Sadly, it may not be the best pose. And this is why drawing it out is good, cause we have the ability to exaggerate poses when we need to.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 29, 2015, 04:49:08 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on March 29, 2015, 12:15:34 AM
You work fast drogoth.....

I wish I worked more efficiently

Quote
Think about how long you want an action to take. Then match your main key frames to that. The new batch's timings are all odd, where small actions take forever to happen. For example, the startup of JumpStrike, Link takes too long to grab his sword. If you want to keep the overall action slow, make the jump anticipation last longer instead.

I guess I just wanted to make sure that the player could actually tell that Link is moving to hold his sword.

Quote
For the jump strike, you didn't give much details on the mechanics, but I wanted to give a little input. There could be a "minimum" movement allowed that's in the animation already. That way, no matter what the player does, it looks good. Then, the toggle stick would only allow a small influence to either increase or decrease strike distance. The influence values should be less than or equal to the default change in horizontal distance per frame of the animations strike. This means that if the player holds back, they won't actually go backwards and look broken....

The Jump itself will be stationary without any controller input. The only direction you can go is forward.


Quote
I just started this animation today. It's a requested grab animation. It looked simple enough so hopefully I'll finish it =/.
(http://i.imgur.com/lOXDEGK.gif)
These are just the main key frames. The fingers are not keyed yet.


Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on March 29, 2015, 12:41:07 AM
My statement still stands...

I... didn't even know what I was trying to make a point about.

Just for funsies, I checked what the Start animation length was (10 frames). Mortal Draw and the Jump Strike have about 20 frames and... looking back at it, I could make the jumping look much better (making his legs bend more before he jumps
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on March 30, 2015, 03:29:53 AM
More progress:

[edit:old]
http://i.imgur.com/xXfzBmi.gif (http://i.imgur.com/xXfzBmi.gif)
http://i.imgur.com/aixMLrs.gif (http://i.imgur.com/aixMLrs.gif)
[/old]

---

Edit:

(http://i.imgur.com/sgSMaOK.gif)

Imagine him using his triforce powers for the grab
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 30, 2015, 05:16:12 PM
I'm assuming it's supposed to be something similar to what Ganondorf did at the end of Ocarina of Time?
The start looks almost like a start to a special (like a single handed charge up thingy).
I personally feel more comfortable going for a grab from left to right (using my left hand for the grab).

If you could give more detail on how he's supposed to be holding them or something that'd be awesome. Because it could either be like a choke, or having the opponent be surrounded by dark energy .

The animation itself is very nice. Although what's with that little tick at frame ~40?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on March 30, 2015, 05:57:23 PM
The tick at 40 is just a slightly different pose. It won't "tick" after I change all the tangents, which I'm about to do.

Ganon isn't directly contacting the victim. If I could, I'd show you the ingame recording that the requester gave me, but it's not hosted anywhere.  It's more along the lines of the opponent being surrounding by dark energy about a half arms length away from his hand.

Since it's not a normal grab where you catch with the hand, the animation should make more sense. Also yeah, the requester said it's from OOT, though I've never played it =/
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 30, 2015, 06:30:11 PM
Is it this?

http://youtu.be/dwrENG9qjhA?t=1m50s (http://youtu.be/dwrENG9qjhA?t=1m50s)

If the video doesn't load it to the correct time, it's at 1:55-59 and a bit onwards.

And even then, it still feels like a throwing action. Maybe an down-up movement or a left-right movement. But right left in that way feels like he's throwing something. IDK, but either way, I like how it looks so far, regardless of how I feel it looks like he's doing lol.

And a general question: when is it acceptable for feet sliding? Usually allow feet sliding when I'm acting out the animation and it just feels more natural to slide it across the ground as opposed to stepping.

I also feel like my animations lack feet movement. It seems like (and I believe that) there is very little foot movement. The knees/legs/rest of the body move much more than the rest of the body. I tried to rectify it by moving the foot so he's standing more on his toe or the side of his foot is on the ground, but is there anything else I can do?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on March 30, 2015, 07:20:13 PM
~'ll pass the crit onto the requester

__

Feet sliding is acceptable when it looks good animation-wise. Looking good takes higher priority than anything else.

As for how to go about moving the feet....uh I don't really know =/.

But, I'll tell you how I go about things, maybe it'll help. I uh...hmm. I just make key poses without trying to align anything to the previous frame. For the Gannon animation, I made each of the 3-4 key/main poses starting from the T-pose (mostly because working for the previous pose was too distracting/tedious). After that, I move the entire model with HipN to align the foot with the most weight on it(Though, I should probably use TransN....).

That'll give you blocked poses where, if the feet should move, it already is. Now, you just gotta animate the inbetweens so the step or slide looks natural.

Uh...I hope that helps.

___

Edit:

(http://i.imgur.com/Uc4hGY5.gif)
Now, I'm going to move onto messing with tangents, unless there are any glaring issues?

Also, drogoth, you ever hear of how you should "have nice smooth arcs" in animation? The phrase is more of a simplification of the idea that real life objects move smoothly unless abruptly acted on (getting hit, pushed, etc). So, if anything ever "jerks" in your animations, you should make sure it theres a good reason for it. Otherwise, it's very distracting.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 30, 2015, 09:48:19 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on March 30, 2015, 07:20:13 PM
~'ll pass the crit onto the requester

I have a feeling I know who it is lol

Quote
Feet sliding is acceptable when it looks good animation-wise. Looking good takes higher priority than anything else.

Noted

Quote
As for how to go about moving the feet....uh I don't really know =/.

But, I'll tell you how I go about things, maybe it'll help. I uh...hmm. I just make key poses without trying to align anything to the previous frame. For the Gannon animation, I made each of the 3-4 key/main poses starting from the T-pose (mostly because working for the previous pose was too distracting/tedious). After that, I move the entire model with HipN to align the foot with the most weight on it(Though, I should probably use TransN....).

That'll give you blocked poses where, if the feet should move, it already is. Now, you just gotta animate the inbetweens so the step or slide looks natural.

Uh...I hope that helps.

Of course, any information helps. Maybe I'll try doing this next time. Specifically for the Jump Strike and Mortal Draw

Quote
(http://i.imgur.com/Uc4hGY5.gif)
Now, I'm going to move onto messing with tangents, unless there are any glaring issues?

Seems alright to me.
Although something seems off about his left leg during the step forward. I think it bends a bit too much forward.
I'm also assuming that left foot sliding back is intentional. Which looks perfectly fine to me.
And the left arm movement is fantastic. Love how it just flows to the grab. Wanted to do that with the sword salute, but I couldn't quite get it.

Quote
Also, drogoth, you ever hear of how you should "have nice smooth arcs" in animation? The phrase is more of a simplification of the idea that real life objects move smoothly unless abruptly acted on (getting hit, pushed, etc). So, if anything ever "jerks" in your animations, you should make sure it theres a good reason for it. Otherwise, it's very distracting.

I feel like I have the opposite problem. In the up smash animation, I wanted to add a jerk for recoil after shooting the arrow. But... you can't even tell it's there. Some pointers on how to actually add jerkiness would be nice.

Couple of more maya questions:

1. What did you use to make the gif? Playblast it and then stick it in GIMP?

2. During your blocking phase, how do you make the animations just go from one pose to the next? I'd guess you have two key frames X distance apart and 1 frame after the second keyframe for the pose you'd have the other one and then continue as such.

3. You said this:

QuoteI move the entire model with HipN to align the foot with the most weight on it(Though, I should probably use TransN....).

Why TransN and not HipN?

EDIT: Also, you got a skype or something? It'd be easier to ask questions on that instead of waiting for replies on here or through PM. Just send a PM with your info if you want.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on March 30, 2015, 10:30:02 PM
Yeah, the skype name is TheShyGuy along with the same avatar.

__

About the left leg: Forward in what direction (image left or image right?, toward viewer or back into the distance?) and around what frame?

1) Yeah, I playblast using PNG, File->Save Animation to a folder, open all images as layers in Gimp, then export as a gif, then set the correct delay time and disposal type.

___


2)I don't understand what you were trying to say with the example =/.

First, I haven't animated in a while so er that's my disclaimer.

Second, from what I've come across from animation "research", it's preferred to first block animations out. That means you "turn off" interpolation (use stepped tangents) and create all the important key poses. You'd then make all the necessary intermediate poses. After all that, then you can turn on ipo and work on the final touches.

Why not just work with linear or splines right off the bat? Because the computer isn't going interpolate between keys exactly how you'd like it to. Usually, you're going to be fighting with it to get the correct keys.

Instead, it's usually better to block out *enough keys so that once you turn on linear/spline tangents, the program can't possibly screw things up...- and thus you'll have less to clean up.

*This doesn't mean you have to key every single frame. If there is a significant change between frames, it might be better to make your own intermediate frame instead of letting the program screw it over- and you'd have to clean it up. If two poses are pretty close, then there's no point.

If you use HumanIK, at this point, I stop setting full body keys and set it to specific body parts.


... I guess that explains my current workflow, actually. Block out key poses. Block out enough intermediate poses. Turn interpolation on. Clean up.

Making each necessary pose isn't as daunting as it sounds though, especially compared to traditional 2D animation, where that's a must. Plus, you'd have to make those poses anyways.

___

3) From what I remember, I thought TransN moves(translates) characters in game without the character teleporting back or does the HipN bone also allow translation?

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on March 30, 2015, 10:39:49 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on March 30, 2015, 10:30:02 PM
Yeah, the skype name is TheShyGuy along with the same avatar.

Gotcha

Quote
About the left leg: Forward in what direction (image left or image right?, toward viewer or back into the distance?) and around what frame?

About frame 13 when the left leg moves towards the viewer. And left would be Ganondorf's left.

Quote
1) Yeah, I playblast it using with the PNG image type, Save Animation to a folder, open all images as layers in Gimp, then export as a gif and finally setting the correct delay time and disposal type.

I'll keep it in mind. I'll ask more on skype or something lol

Quote
2)I don't understand what you were trying to say with the example =/. Before I go into how I went about this animation, I'd like to mention a few things..

First, I haven't animated in a while so er that's my disclaimer.

Second, from what I've come across from animation "research", it's preferred to first block animations out. That means you "turn off" interpolation (stepped tangents) and create all the important key poses. You'd then make all the necessary intermediate poses. After all that, then you can turn on ipo and work on the final touches.

Why not just work with linear or splines right off the bat? Because the computer isn't going interpolate between keys exactly how you'd like it to. Usually, you're going to be fighting with it to get the correct keys.

Instead, it's usually better to block out *enough keys so that once you turn on linear/spline tangents, the program can't possibly screw things up...- and thus you'll have less to clean up.

*This doesn't mean you have to key every single frame. If there is a significant change between frames, it might be better to make your own intermediate frame instead of letter the program screw it over- and you'd have to clean it up. If two poses are pretty close, then there's no point.

If you use HumanIK, at this point, I stop setting full body keys and set it to specific body parts.


... I guess that explains my current workflow, actually. Block out key poses. Block out enough intermediate poses. Turn interpolation on. Clean up.

Thanks for all the info

Quote
3) From what I remember, I thought TransN moves(translates) characters in game without the character teleporting back or does the HipN bone also do allow translation?

If the character is returning to wait1, then there isn't much of a problem. But in your case, yeah TransN movement would be needed. What you could do is manually remove the hipN horizontal movement keyframes and use TransN.

Although that can get tedious at times.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on April 01, 2015, 03:08:16 AM
Finished it:

(http://i.imgur.com/RhUMdaA.gif)

Drogoth, I considered what you said about the left leg bending front too much, but it doesn't snap or break his leg or anything. It's a natural bend (if you saw it from the side). So I figured that was the assumed main issue and left it alone.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 01, 2015, 03:29:00 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on April 01, 2015, 03:08:16 AM
Finished it:

(http://i.imgur.com/RhUMdaA.gif)

Drogoth, I considered what you said about the left leg bending front too much, but it doesn't snap or break his leg or anything. It's a natural bend (if you saw it from the side). So I figured that was the assumed main issue and left it alone.

Oooh, looks nice!
How'd you add all that splendid shaking?
And you're the best judge.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on April 01, 2015, 03:34:16 AM
Thanks. I wrote a Maya script that offset the HipN HumanIK controller while keeping the feet pinned. The shake was basically a sin wave oscillating on the values -1,0,1 with the magnitude varying overtime (though unnoticeable here since it's so low).
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on April 01, 2015, 06:45:27 AM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on April 01, 2015, 03:08:16 AM
Finished it:

(http://i.imgur.com/RhUMdaA.gif)

Drogoth, I considered what you said about the left leg bending front too much, but it doesn't snap or break his leg or anything. It's a natural bend (if you saw it from the side). So I figured that was the assumed main issue and left it alone.
such a great animation you did there o:
awesome :3
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Carnage on April 04, 2015, 08:58:52 PM
Just wondering did anyone here ever did a Final Smash for over snake? for some reason any custom code i put on snake FS action it only reads the code when snake touches the ground so i cant even activate anything in the air, i need to forhim to fall to touch the ground to start reading the code on the FS action, just wondring if anyone ever did a custom snake FS and come across this issue.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on April 09, 2015, 09:26:33 PM
Current Progress on Dins Fire:

Left:
(http://i.imgur.com/Dy4dvxB.gif)

Back, front, Right
http://i.imgur.com/NyfEOsh.gif (http://i.imgur.com/NyfEOsh.gif)
http://i.imgur.com/FO1qhFW.gif (http://i.imgur.com/FO1qhFW.gif)
http://i.imgur.com/GukyJL2.gif (http://i.imgur.com/GukyJL2.gif)


I may split the animation later into a start, charge/wait, and release/attack. When I finish it, I'll probably upload the animation in case someone wants to use them for anything.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 09, 2015, 10:22:10 PM
Wish you had finished this about a year ago lol.

Looks very nice!

How do you always get the arm swaying to look so nice?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mortimer on April 09, 2015, 10:31:16 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on April 09, 2015, 09:26:33 PM
Current Progress on Dins Fire:

Left:
(http://i.imgur.com/Dy4dvxB.gif)

I think you are one of the two best animators I have seen on those forums so far. It's a shame you're not making psas, they would end up nicely. Really good job.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on April 09, 2015, 10:54:46 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on April 09, 2015, 09:26:33 PM
Left:
(http://i.imgur.com/Dy4dvxB.gif)

I don't like the silhouette on the start and end frames... I think angling it would do you better.

Amazing otherwise.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on April 09, 2015, 11:34:39 PM
I think he spends too little time on the actual charging pose... Just compare to the in-game animation:

Keep Master Sword using Din's Fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrYli3y512E#)

But since it's a WIP, it's OK
And also the coreography is really smoothly animated. Good work!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on April 10, 2015, 01:33:13 AM
Oh, thanks for the clear reference, Br3! Dins Fire is so much different than what I remember (I haven't looked at a ref since about a year ago and went off what I started =/ ) I might make an alternate animation afterwards since it's different enough.

Thanks for the crits, I'll take it all into account went I make more progress.

___

Quote
How do you always get the arm swaying to look so nice?

By making sure that they follow a smooth motion without noticeable jittering - attention arcs.

Quote
It's a shame you're not making psas,
I don't mind doing requests for PSA-ers, but that'll have to wait until the summer.  Though, I failed to complete requests the last time. It was so frustrating because I couldn't get the quality animation I was happy with.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 10, 2015, 08:27:49 PM
Copy + Paste OP. Better nerf Greninja. (http://res.cloudinary.com/urbandictionary/image/upload/a_exif,c_fit,h_200,w_200/v1395991705/gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png)
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on April 09, 2015, 07:22:30 PMI come bearing previews of Deoxys. A huge thanks to Theytah for doing the shader, material, texture, and model work for me.

Normal Form (Take note that both the arms and tentacles are visible in this preview, as shaders were the top priority at the moment)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Attack Form
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Defense Form
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Speed Form
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on April 10, 2015, 09:47:57 PM
Would it be safe to assume that it's his X/Y boneset? If so, I applaud you for having the patience to do a whole character with all animations and such.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 10, 2015, 09:53:39 PM
Yes, it's the X/Y skeleton. But I haven't done any animating yet. Only a simple pose for testing purposes. I still have model work to do.

Due to Brawl's limitations, I cannot have true transformation between four characters in one, so I have to put all four forms onto the same skeleton and use model changers.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: AutumnVen on April 11, 2015, 01:01:41 AM
Model changers?... How would that work? Would that just be like having the 4 directions of his taunts turn him into different forms, or what? I'm trying to figure out some PSA stuff, but that seems like quite a feat and amazing if you can pull it off. ;)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 11, 2015, 01:15:39 AM
I'll know what to do, as I've used the exact same method for Solo Charizard.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 11, 2015, 01:18:15 AM
Quote from: PMCB on April 11, 2015, 01:01:41 AM
Model changers?... How would that work? Would that just be like having the 4 directions of his taunts turn him into different forms, or what? I'm trying to figure out some PSA stuff, but that seems like quite a feat and amazing if you can pull it off. ;)

Model changers is essentially setting a switch to turn the visibility of a bone on or off.

Do you know how Link "puts away" his sword and shield when he fires his bow?
They actually just get turned invisible and then the sword and shield on his back become visible.

Then after he's shot the arrow, the reverse happens: sword and shield on back become invisible and the sword and shield in his hands become visible.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on April 11, 2015, 07:17:31 AM
Does he have extra bones in his arms?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 11, 2015, 07:18:51 AM
Who? Link?

Yeah, he has bones for his Shield and Sword.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Malfioz on April 11, 2015, 07:23:51 AM
No, I meant Deoxys, because the arms look smoothly bent.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 11, 2015, 07:44:31 AM
Quote from: Malfioz on April 11, 2015, 07:23:51 AM
No, I meant Deoxys, because the arms look smoothly bent.

O

I c
How rude. Jk, but I think he's using the rig from x/Y. Although I could be wrong.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 11, 2015, 02:29:08 PM
Yes, they're using the X/Y rig. But that is unfortunately going to change, as I'm going to have to put all four forms onto one skeleton, due to Brawl's limitations (I can't have a transforming character with 4 characters in one, so I gonna have to do what I did for Solo Charizard), which is going to require re-rigging.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on June 25, 2015, 08:43:28 PM
Is "Necro Posting" a thing here in the workshop?

Anyway,
I've been working on this and it still needs some fluid looping...
I don't know if I can do these animations alone.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on June 25, 2015, 08:53:10 PM
Stickied threads are exempt from the necroposting rules.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mortimer on June 26, 2015, 02:58:58 PM
Quote from: BraveDragonWolf on June 25, 2015, 08:43:28 PM
Is "Necro Posting" a thing here in the workshop?

Anyway,
I've been working on this and it still needs some fluid looping...
I don't know if I can do these animations alone.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I'll tell you the way I do those kind of animations. May not be the best way, but it works for me. You must imagine your animation's movement like a sine wave. This animation has an average point where she floats, and you should make that point your first and last frame, so it will help making the interpolation smoother.
For example, let's say this animation has 60 frames, and her average Y position is 5. You must make her translate the same amount in +Y and in -Y in the same amount of time, considering the loop. So you would have to make this:
Frame 01: Y = 5
Frame 15: Y = 8 (=5+3)
Frame 45: Y = 2 (=5-3)
Frame 60: Y = 5

This works with several bones, translations and rotations. You should never start in one of the extremes (Y=8 or Y=2), or this kind of stuff may happen. Well, not that you can't, but you must be aware of how you'll have to animate it to make things smoother. What she is doing is Y=2, Y=5, Y=2, Y=5. The movement graphic would be full of peaks. That's what you are seeing there, an abrupt change.
And, obviously, this depends on what you want to do. Not sure if I explained well this.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BraveDragonWolf on June 26, 2015, 04:27:49 PM
Quote from: Mortimer on June 26, 2015, 02:58:58 PM

I'll tell you the way I do those kind of animations. May not be the best way, but it works for me. You must imagine your animation's movement like a sine wave. This animation has an average point where she floats, and you should make that point your first and last frame, so it will help making the interpolation smoother.
For example, let's say this animation has 60 frames, and her average Y position is 5. You must make her translate the same amount in +Y and in -Y in the same amount of time, considering the loop. So you would have to make this:
Frame 01: Y = 5
Frame 15: Y = 8 (=5+3)
Frame 45: Y = 2 (=5-3)
Frame 60: Y = 5

This works with several bones, translations and rotations. You should never start in one of the extremes (Y=8 or Y=2), or this kind of stuff may happen.
And, obviously, this depends on what you want to do. Not sure if I explained well this.

Hmm...I'll try to keep this in mind, and I'll post an update if I have succeeded.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ABloodyCanadian on June 26, 2015, 04:31:08 PM
Quote from: BraveDragonWolf on June 25, 2015, 08:43:28 PM
Is "Necro Posting" a thing here in the workshop?

Anyway,
I've been working on this and it still needs some fluid looping...
I don't know if I can do these animations alone.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Use BrawBox's Average Start/End Frames. It'll smooth out the loops for you by averaging the interpolation at the 1st and last keyframes.

Furthermore, there are a few things about this I feel like you need to fix. Your Follow through and Overlapping Action on the arms legs and head need work. I could go into detail on that if you'd like.

This goes to all animators looking at this, interpolation is important. It's not a matter of where to place keys, but it is also a matter of how keys transition from one to the next.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 16, 2015, 04:23:42 AM
Just to do something different after 5-6 months of Ridley PSA, i decided to handle something new, but still from Metroid.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Shoulders aren't moving here because the model wasn't properly rigged here. Its not mine of course. It was made by russmarrs2. The main issue here is that i don't have Dark Samus' animations to use as references for animations like i did with Ridley, so, i'll have to improvise a lot more. I used "average all keyframes" thing for animation above, but there is no difference.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on July 16, 2015, 05:55:48 AM
Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 16, 2015, 04:23:42 AM
Just to do something different after 5-6 months of Ridley PSA, i decided to handle something new, but still from Metroid.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Shoulders aren't moving here because the model wasn't properly rigged here. Its not mine of course. It was made by russmarrs2. The main issue here is that i don't have Dark Samus' animations to use as references for animations like i did with Ridley, so, i'll have to improvise a lot more. I used "average all keyframes" thing for animation above, but there is no difference.

I would recommend de-synchronizing the movement of the legs slightly, same with the arms, and maybe the fingers on the hand, and add a slight bit more rotational movement on the arm cannon.

Like make the tip of Dark Samus' cannon draw a circle in the air.

Should make that animation look even better.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 16, 2015, 06:50:42 AM
Quote from: Velen on July 16, 2015, 05:55:48 AM
I would recommend de-synchronizing the movement of the legs slightly, same with the arms, and maybe the fingers on the hand, and add a slight bit more rotational movement on the arm cannon.

Like make the tip of Dark Samus' cannon draw a circle in the air.

Should make that animation look even better.
I can do this. Its pretty simple.

What does that even means?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on July 17, 2015, 03:32:26 AM
Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 16, 2015, 06:50:42 AM
I can do this. Its pretty simple.

What does that even means?

Uhm... What?

I'm sorry, your second sentence is kinda indecipherable? What do you mean?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 17, 2015, 04:32:20 AM
Quote from: Velen on July 17, 2015, 03:32:26 AM
Uhm... What?

I'm sorry, your second sentence is kinda indecipherable? What do you mean?
What do you mean by "Like make the tip of Dark Samus' cannon draw a circle in the air."
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on July 17, 2015, 04:44:12 AM
Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 17, 2015, 04:32:20 AM
What do you mean by "Like make the tip of Dark Samus' cannon draw a circle in the air."

Well. It kinda literally means exactly what it says: make Dark Samus's arm cannon rotate in such a way that, as it goes through the animation, it's drawing a circle.

Move your forearm in so the tip of your middle finger draws a circle while it's bent at the elbow, and you'll have the general idea of what I mean.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 17, 2015, 05:59:22 AM
Quote from: Velen on July 17, 2015, 04:44:12 AM
Well. It kinda literally means exactly what it says: make Dark Samus's arm cannon rotate in such a way that, as it goes through the animation, it's drawing a circle.

Move your forearm in so the tip of your middle finger draws a circle while it's bent at the elbow, and you'll have the general idea of what I mean.
Oh. Thanks. Will try it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Velen on July 18, 2015, 03:25:08 PM
Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 17, 2015, 05:59:22 AM
Oh. Thanks. Will try it.

Can't wait to see the result.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 18, 2015, 04:25:18 PM
F L A R E B L I T Z B O Y S
(I've fixed the right arm clipping since this preview.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I forgot to static the HipN translation during that part, hence Charizard skidding backward during the 40 Frames of the attack part.
(Ignore the feel sliding, as the TransN bone was nulled for this preview)
Animation details.
Startup: 35 Frames.
Attack Duration: 40 Frames.
Cooldown: 40 Frames.
Total: 115 Frames.

Any thoughts?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 22, 2015, 01:05:26 AM
Looks nice and fluid. I actually compared it to Smash 3DS's and it's not all that different :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on July 22, 2015, 01:37:48 AM
Thanks.

Here's a preview of it in-game with effects.
http://gfycat.com/FittingSoftCottonmouth (http://gfycat.com/FittingSoftCottonmouth)

And here's a preview of the explosion part of the attack (with an earlier animation).
http://gfycat.com/RewardingWellgroomedAfricanparadiseflycatcher (http://gfycat.com/RewardingWellgroomedAfricanparadiseflycatcher)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 22, 2015, 02:09:17 AM
Holy CRAP. I applaud you. :)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on August 17, 2015, 09:59:14 PM
some effects to my PSAs 'w'

http://gfycat.com/JitteryHighAcornbarnacle (http://gfycat.com/JitteryHighAcornbarnacle)
UpB Trail

http://gfycat.com/FaithfulSociableBaboon (http://gfycat.com/FaithfulSociableBaboon)
Side Tilt

http://gfycat.com/FocusedDiscreteBobwhite (http://gfycat.com/FocusedDiscreteBobwhite)
Neutral B/Nightmare Punch
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: teh-myuutsu on August 21, 2015, 02:07:24 PM
yuck*
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on September 09, 2015, 04:16:13 PM
Hold on to your butts, kittens! As I have a plethora of Waluigi-related previews!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Purple is still a color, everyone!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BronzeGreekGod on September 16, 2015, 03:03:50 PM
For anyone who hasn't had a chance to check it out yet...

! ProjectGanondorfBlog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szggXY8k99I#)

http://smashboards.com/threads/im-just-going-to-leave-this-here.417563/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/im-just-going-to-leave-this-here.417563/)
Thats the main thread.. and theres a link there to my blog there!

I look forward to everyones feedback!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: omegafalcon on September 16, 2015, 10:22:48 PM
Dude that Ganon is awesome, will you have separate versions for both of them?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BronzeGreekGod on September 17, 2015, 12:41:17 AM
Ya TP and OOT ganon are separate mods. Check the smashboards forum and my blog for updates if you wana stay up to date :P
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on September 19, 2015, 11:16:39 PM
! UpSmash, "Evil Glare", Nightmare Punch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD6SBvwlcYg#)

!UpTilt, UpSmash, DownSmash and SideSmash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_18RQp4houo#)

some effects thats done
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: xXZythXfinintyXx on September 20, 2015, 09:47:52 PM
Oot Ganondorf

Wait 1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait 2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait 3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Spark Attack Special
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Afterthought on September 20, 2015, 10:44:54 PM
Quote from: xXZythXfinintyXx on September 20, 2015, 09:47:52 PM-OoT Ganondorf goodness-

Whoa, that texture looks familiar. c:

These animations are looking pretty sweet. Keep up the good work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: xXZythXfinintyXx on September 20, 2015, 10:49:41 PM
Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on September 20, 2015, 10:44:54 PM
Whoa, that texture looks familiar. c:

These animations are looking pretty sweet. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Sir
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Cork_xx on December 15, 2015, 03:39:29 AM
Quote from: xXZythXfinintyXx on September 20, 2015, 09:47:52 PM
Oot Ganondorf

<.< looking good...I've seen this around but haven't followed it to the point I know what it is exactly. Getting a new laptop soon so I might have to get back into brawl modding to try this out!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on December 30, 2015, 09:49:10 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Nao-chan on January 07, 2016, 11:03:11 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on April 01, 2015, 03:08:16 AM
Finished it:

(http://i.imgur.com/RhUMdaA.gif)

I know this is old... but damn, I didn't know you were the one who re-animated my grab for OoT Ganon. Props to you ShyGuy. It came out well. As do all of your animations.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on January 08, 2016, 05:29:09 AM
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on December 30, 2015, 09:49:10 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


woah. didnt know you still did modding. this looks nice! :D

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 08, 2016, 04:13:45 PM
Look at this totally legit leak, everyone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDiXhH2m8EI#)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Paper Mario fan on January 17, 2016, 03:21:02 PM
Hey everyone I'm planning on doing a Paper Mario PSA I'm going to put my moveset here it is https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aiLuaCm3no2qviRLl_f6wJ0yGYZM1xBuz0W_te8U8VE5n0jBGdc0Hy4VUTZBq05lHE5PtSB2j9Nc-c6R5V3RO4je_Q
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on January 17, 2016, 04:51:16 PM
This isn't the thread for that. This is a thread to show in progress PSA work. Not stuff in planning.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Paper Mario fan on January 17, 2016, 07:59:16 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 17, 2016, 04:51:16 PM
This isn't the thread for that. This is a thread to show in progress PSA work. Not stuff in planning.
oh sorry
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on February 05, 2016, 10:16:14 PM
He needs no introduction
Cloud Strife in the style of Smash 4!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Side Tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Up Smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Forward Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Finishing Touch(Limit charged Down B)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Any Advice/Critiques would be appreciated other then the Slidy Feet issue on a few of them...I'm aware of that and may or may not fix it.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 05, 2016, 11:02:09 PM
You have the general idea down, you just need to give the animations polish. There's a lot of foot sliding and jittering.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 05, 2016, 11:42:34 PM
It's looking pretty good considering it's BrawlBx.

The animations don't look very dynamic, try to move all the bones around in keyframes. It can go a long way to helping an animation look more organic.

I would highly recommend fixing foot sliding, it looks really bad in the grand scheme of things.

I noticed in the FThrow that you used Ike's Nair landing animation for the ending. I'd recommend making your own landing animation. It will really help set it apart from other animations.

I would also highly recommend bending the arm during a swing. Stiff arms are difficult (if not impossible) to keep while swinging swords. Much less a giant sword the size of your own body.

Good job.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on February 06, 2016, 03:38:43 PM
Pretty good job on the Cloud. Take the advice from the fellas up here and you'll see your animations will be top notch in no time.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: DrunkRussian on February 06, 2016, 06:18:00 PM
Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback guys!
Even KJP 0_o
I kid, I kid
There's one more animation that I did a while ago that I know doesn't look quite right but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is aside from two things(I know the left arm jitters a lot and the foot sliding here is intentional to show momentum since its a Dash Attack)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 06, 2016, 06:22:37 PM
To help on how to go at your animations, since you're re-creating Sm4sh Cloud is to go Frame by Frame (at least the 1/4th option in Training Mode) with each animation you're going to re-create and see how it moves.

Alternatively, you can view the actual animations themselves if you have Ohana Rebirth, alongside Smash 3DS Cloud's model and animations, but I haven't found his 3DS files yet.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Nao-chan on February 06, 2016, 11:48:43 PM
Having recreated Smash U animations from scratch myself a few times for Roy, I know how much it can take to make them look right. The options above from KJP are very good ones. They definitely help quite a lot.

As for the Dash Attack animation. The whole of his body twitches at the end of the slide... I know why, but you should look to try and rework or clean up that ending. Also try to animate the legs and feet stepping/shifting back into position.

Out of all the other animations you've posted, Finishing Touch needs the most work. He doesn't step forward during the move. He quickly spins in place twice. Over exaggeration in the arms, waist, and bust would help the look of the move. It looks too stiff as of right now.

I hope you can improve on these. So far you got the base stuff down pretty well. Keep it up.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: LJSTAR on February 14, 2016, 01:12:50 PM
 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvDyE5qVg0g#)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 14, 2016, 01:53:44 PM
Wow, are those animations ported or custom? Aside from Side Tilt (looks kinda shaky, so I'm assuming custom), everything looks really spot on.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: LJSTAR on February 14, 2016, 03:14:48 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 14, 2016, 01:53:44 PM
Wow, are those animations ported or custom? Aside from Side Tilt (looks kinda shaky, so I'm assuming custom), everything looks really spot on.

Well, both, kinda. (but mostly ported)
At first, KTH and I wanted to port the animations on Brawl's skeleton but since we weren't able to do that, I've ripped Shulk's model from SSB3ds and ported it into the game (with his original boneset) and ported his 3ds animation as well.

But... when we realized that doing this would make the FitMotion's filesize explode, KTH remade the animations by using the ripped ones as a base. (which is the reason why some animation need more work, like the Side Tilt which was made really quickly and some others fixes have to be made, like when Shulk goes from the Win animation to the WinWait)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 14, 2016, 05:23:59 PM
If you're using the actual 3DS skeleton, I would advise you against that, as your skeleton requires Brawl rotations for things like getting thrown.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: LJSTAR on February 14, 2016, 06:46:49 PM
We saw that after we remade almost all of his animations... Wouldn't re-rigging him to a Brawl skeleton means that we'd have to redo all his animations again ?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on February 14, 2016, 06:51:02 PM
As a Sm4sh Link enthusiast(and main)...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side B
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up-Air
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up throw(sorry for white flash)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up-B(Ground)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

Criticism is appreciated

Next could be Ike or anything else that hasn't been taken.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 14, 2016, 10:33:53 PM
Dash Attack is very shaky towards the end. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with it, other than it possibly being a tad stiff.

Side Special is very jank and stiff.

Up Air and Up Throw seem fine (moreso Up Throw). Good job on those two.

Up Special is kinda shaky towards the end, but not as much as Dash Attack.

Since you're re-creating Sm4sh animations, get yourself Ohana 3DS Rebirth, and the Smash 3DS files, so you can look at the animations Frame by Frame.

Or you can try your hand at porting the animations onto Link's Brawl skeleton. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75576.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75576.0)

Quote from: LJSTAR on February 14, 2016, 06:46:49 PM
We saw that after we remade almost all of his animations... Wouldn't re-rigging him to a Brawl skeleton means that we'd have to redo all his animations again?
To make things easier, set up a Brawl skeleton in BrawlBox, export and import into 3DS Max, position the bones, so they're in the same spot as the original bones (make sure they have different names before importing). Export the skinning of the original model, collapse the stack, delete the old bones, rename the new bones to what the old bone names were, then re-apply the Skin modifier, and Load the exported skinning.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on February 25, 2016, 06:17:39 PM
(http://i68.tinypic.com/2qn9mb5.jpg)

(http://i66.tinypic.com/afaln9.jpg)

guess what I am playing with?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: nanobuds on February 25, 2016, 09:48:18 PM
Quote from: pikazz on February 25, 2016, 06:17:39 PM

guess what I am playing with?

A controller?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on February 25, 2016, 10:21:13 PM
Quote from: Nanobuds on February 25, 2016, 09:48:18 PM
A controller?
damnit my joke was destroyed

I made it so the character has "his own respawn platform" instead for the normal one (it has a firering as the test)
together been exploring if I can change the animations on Star KO, on Respawning and replacing the effect on death on bottom/side and Star KO
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mareeo 64 on February 26, 2016, 03:45:08 AM
Quote from: pikazz on February 25, 2016, 10:21:13 PM
damnit my joke was destroyed

I made it so the character has "his own respawn platform" instead for the normal one (it has a firering as the test)
together been exploring if I can change the animations on Star KO, on Respawning and replacing the effect on death on bottom/side and Star KO
Awesome! I could dig if the KO effects were like realistic explosions, or something of the sort :P Actually now that I think about it: maybe Mega Man's KO effects from Sm4sh could be replicated somehow. Although I'm getting ahead of myself I suppose
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: King Draco on February 26, 2016, 09:00:16 AM
Quote from: pikazz on February 25, 2016, 10:21:13 PM
damnit my joke was destroyed

I made it so the character has "his own respawn platform" instead for the normal one (it has a firering as the test)
together been exploring if I can change the animations on Star KO, on Respawning and replacing the effect on death on bottom/side and Star KO
I'm already seeing Bowser respawning using his clown car.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on February 27, 2016, 01:05:55 AM
Quote from: Mareeo 64 on February 26, 2016, 03:45:08 AM
Actually now that I think about it: maybe Mega Man's KO effects from Sm4sh could be replicated somehow.

I'm like 99.9999999999 nein % sure this was the inspiration.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 28, 2016, 03:43:40 PM
This isn't the thread for asking requests.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lucoshi on February 28, 2016, 03:57:00 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 28, 2016, 03:43:40 PM
This isn't the thread for asking requests.
I Know but is either i find someone who modded nothing or someone who is a great PSA modder but don't take requests.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on February 28, 2016, 05:10:38 PM
If you knew this isn't the thread for asking requests, then why do it anyway? You've already made a request thread and sent PMs to various users, and now you're doing this. If you know people don't take requests, then the obvious thing to do would be to learn how to do stuff yourself and ask for help if you can't figure something out. You're making yourself look like a tryhard right now.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: pikazz on March 03, 2016, 07:04:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF6-DT_ibG0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF6-DT_ibG0)

how the Star KO and Respawn platform look like
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Ricky (Br3) on March 03, 2016, 09:59:32 PM
Gosh, this is awesome!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Rosetta-Hime on March 05, 2016, 01:48:18 AM
Well no where near as imperssive as what pikazz is doing, but I felt like showing this.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Giving Mario Rosalina's up special just bc it's something I felt like animating. Probably won't be much more than that bc I don't feel like coding it.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Xaturati0n on March 13, 2016, 05:08:51 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ya'll know shadow, right? The most [censored] top downloaded hedgehog on the vault?
The one that always keeps having half-assed moveset ports?
Well, this time, he's not a port over f***ing everyone.
He's not half assed like all the other shadow movesets are.
I present to you: Project M Shadow.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Working with cynapse on this.
(heavenstracker0 inspired me to make this.)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: SonicBrawler on March 13, 2016, 02:18:08 PM
Quote from: SubZero2 on March 13, 2016, 05:08:51 AM
~snip~
I dont know if to say this is hypocritical and ironic.

The reason why shadow is usually a port in the first place is so we can have sonic v shadow. and not all of them are bad. I'm just waiting for this to either be done and crappy so I can laugh or not be finished tbh. especially since you messaged me to help you with the specials. which I won't do since you've insulted my work before.

anyways.

seeing all these psas the past few pages really makes me want to get back into psaing. great work everyone and I hope you're projects are successful!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: PseudoTypical on March 13, 2016, 06:38:56 PM
The irony is strong in this one and I love it.

HeavensTracker0's work was too good to go to waste, I'm glad you all are doing something in his spirit.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Xaturati0n on March 23, 2016, 02:18:00 AM
Got some progress on shadow:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: BlueBrain on March 24, 2016, 12:44:40 AM
gotta add more edgy dark effects to the master of edginess
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Xaturati0n on March 24, 2016, 12:54:20 AM
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on March 24, 2016, 12:44:40 AM
gotta add more edgy dark effects to the master of edginess
lol
all of his chaos attacks will involve the purple aura actually (expect for chaos magic and chaos warp)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lucoshi on April 05, 2016, 08:04:51 PM
Wario's Wario Land Moveset progress
http://imgur.com/a/cH8Qy (http://imgur.com/a/cH8Qy)
if you guys don't like i'm sorry is the best i can do.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on April 10, 2016, 11:42:05 AM
Quote from: SubZero2 on March 13, 2016, 05:08:51 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ya'll know shadow, right? The most [censored] top downloaded hedgehog on the vault?
The one that always keeps having half-assed moveset ports?
Well, this time, he's not a port over f***ing everyone.
He's not half assed like all the other shadow movesets are.
I present to you: Project M Shadow.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Working with cynapse on this.
(heavenstracker0 inspired me to make this.)
You spelt Dark Link wrong
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I added a "Feral" Link mode too ever since I got into this "LA-Bit 100" stuff
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on April 11, 2016, 04:08:46 AM
Both of these are considered done.

(http://i.imgur.com/dT3v4mB.gif)(http://i.imgur.com/rb7RQPF.gif)

I'm gonna make a few more Shovel Knight animations soon
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 11, 2016, 12:17:13 PM
Ayy lmao. Are you back in business, ShyGuy?
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: PseudoTypical on April 11, 2016, 02:31:54 PM
Shovel Knight HYPE
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: RedipsTheCooler on April 11, 2016, 04:20:18 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on April 11, 2016, 04:08:46 AM
Both of these are considered done.

(http://i.imgur.com/dT3v4mB.gif)(http://i.imgur.com/rb7RQPF.gif)

I'm gonna make a few more Shovel Knight animations soon

Pressing 1 for this

111111
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on April 11, 2016, 04:40:49 PM
Quote from: TheShyGuy on April 11, 2016, 04:08:46 AM
Both of these are considered done.

(http://i.imgur.com/dT3v4mB.gif)(http://i.imgur.com/rb7RQPF.gif)

I'm gonna make a few more Shovel Knight animations soon

Frame counter tho v:

Looking very good btw.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Segtendo on April 11, 2016, 04:51:50 PM
This should make up for Shovel Knight not being in Smash 4.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TheShyGuy on April 12, 2016, 12:11:04 AM
Thanks guys. I'll remember to put the frame counts on next time.  I'm focusing more on finishing animations now instead of being too critical so expect some more pretty soon.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on April 12, 2016, 09:40:43 PM
Quote from: Lucoshi on April 12, 2016, 09:25:57 PM-snip
You already posted that a page ago (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=46179.msg1358289#msg1358289).

Even then, put large images in spoilers the next time you want to post.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: TeddyBearYoshi on May 04, 2016, 04:59:50 PM
That Shovel Knight looks amazing.

Sorry if this is too nitpicky, if it is just ignore it.. but I think the model's proportions look a bit weird. Specifically the chest and the horns. Shovel knight's chest doesn't actually cover his entire front body like that, just his chest. Also, the horns fill up the entire space within the ring, and I think are slightly shorter. Either way, that still looks amazing.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


(This is what I'm referencing the proportions on.)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Large Leader on May 07, 2016, 04:38:58 AM
Quote from: ⚠WARNING⚠ on May 06, 2016, 01:15:23 AM
I was wondering, does anyone know if it's possible to make sword trails opaque, like Cloud's in Sm4sh? I need to for my PSA.

This isn't a request thread. This thread is for showcasing what you've done on a mod so far.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on May 12, 2016, 11:19:33 PM
Still a WIP

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


(Ignore the arm shake, I'll fix it later)
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: KingJigglypuff on May 14, 2016, 02:49:02 AM
Quote from: UltIMa647 on May 14, 2016, 01:57:33 AM-snip
Yes, this is the A/A section.

If you need model help with that, then open a thread in Model Help.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on June 24, 2016, 01:48:56 AM
And so, it begins.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Xaturati0n on June 24, 2016, 04:01:49 AM
Quote from: ZuesLonk on June 24, 2016, 01:48:56 AM
And so, it begins.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Oh my god. That's amazing.
Also i have quit on my shadow psa, i didn't have the skill to make him look good and got a lot of negative comments because i didn't choose port him over anybody and i needed helpers.
Though when HeavensTrackers Shadow comes out, I will edit some of his attacks.
i swear if sonicbrawler comes in and bashes on me
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on June 30, 2016, 02:12:08 AM
Some other stuff for Cloud too:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, it's kinda sad to see this thread so inactive. There's actually some really good stuff here.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: ProjectXBros on June 30, 2016, 03:02:44 AM
This Looks Really Good
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on July 21, 2016, 01:35:13 AM
Thanks guys, it's really frustrating to do a Cloud moveset when there's a bunch of other people working on the same thing, sorta like some kind of race. I made a few of these a while ago for Cloud:

Jab 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Jab 3:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Side Tilt:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Up Special:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Xaturati0n on November 19, 2016, 08:30:36 PM
Here I am, again, with Shadow.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Lawliet on November 19, 2016, 08:40:06 PM
This Shadow looks much better than before, in terms of graphics.

On a side note, I think creating a thread would be a better way to present this since the PSA thread is really dying. Though, it's your choice.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Xaturati0n on November 19, 2016, 08:44:49 PM
Quote from: MΞŁŁФ on November 19, 2016, 08:40:06 PM
This Shadow looks much better than before, in terms of graphics.

On a side note, I think creating a thread would be a better way to present this since the PSA thread is really dying. Though, it's your choice.
I appreciate your thoughts, I could put up a thread later.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: MazeDIs on May 11, 2018, 01:54:49 AM
Worked on a bunch of animatons for Scizor. This is my take on a SSBB/Project M Scizor and reflects my personal cater to his character. 90% of the animations are "slimey" on purpose, because I feel like Scizor needs an equal representation of his Bug Type [Rapid Motions] as well as his [Heavy] Steel type in Smash.

These are Wave 1 of the several animations I did for it
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WalkMiddle Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WalkFast Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WalkFast Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WaitItem Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WaitItem Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait1 Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


TurnRun Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Turn Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SquatRev Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


SquatRev Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Squat Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


RunBrake Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


LandingHeavy Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Run Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


RunBrake Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


LandingHeavy Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Squat Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


LandingLight Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


LandingLight Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Run Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpF Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpSquat Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpF Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


X-Scissor Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpB Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpB Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpSquat Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


X-Scissor Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dash Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fall Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dash Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fall Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Double Hit Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Double Hit Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WalkSlow Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fury Cutter1 Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fury Cutter1 Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fury Cutter2 Side
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fury Cutter2 Front
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[/spoiler]

These are Wave 2 of my Scizor animations
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait5
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait6
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait4
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait1.1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


TurnRun
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Wait7
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Turn
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


RunBrake
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Run
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpAerialF
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpF
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpB
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


JumpAerialB
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fall
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WalkSlow
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WalkSlow
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Metal Claw
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WalkFast
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


WalkMiddle
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


[/spoiler]

Posting this because I'm probably done with animations for Scizor until I get: references or wings rig

In Game:
v0.01a [Wave 1] - https://www.mediafire.com/file/1gkcuramo19578e/Scizor+v0.01+Beta+%5BProject+M+3.6%5D.rar (https://www.mediafire.com/file/1gkcuramo19578e/Scizor+v0.01+Beta+%5BProject+M+3.6%5D.rar)

Disclaimer: I'm only a Psuedo-PSAer, therefore you may experience random freezing as I did/do not know how to fix. I animated most of these moves specifically for Project M via 3.6 Falco as a base. Has 3 Jumps and 99% unfinished.

To the model creator [I think Starwaffle, Beyond or KJP]: Why are Scizor's Wings not rigged? EW
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: crett on May 17, 2018, 08:04:23 AM
New PSA'er here, i've been teaching myself how to use Brawlbox 0.68 in order to create a character based off this flash animation i made. it's been really hard but i'm learning a lot. it's still in early phases, but resemblance to meta-knight was always intended.

(https://orig00.deviantart.net/71cd/f/2017/195/7/5/ezgif_1_2f44b5770f_by_crett-dbgarcp.gif)

intended to be a god character with a twist, (and a god awful color scheme)
Plasma Ranger Opus (PRO for short) can only deal 1 damage, but it attacks in the thousands per second (currently i'm limited to 1 attack per frame so it's current DPS is 60).

but it managed to become the most powerful entity in it's universe by exploiting the attack speed stat.

[spoiler]
(https://i.imgur.com/dPToIYJ.png)

the character fantasy is a flashy speedster who can perform any action and cross any distance nigh instantly,  speed-blitzing opponents and destroying them before they can react. it lacks the instant killing capabilities of other god characters, but that really doesnt matter since enemies may as well put down their controller once PRO is on the same screen as them.

(https://media.giphy.com/media/fMzO8MHbKpBSnWKeTS/giphy-downsized-large.gif)
(https://media.giphy.com/media/g0jifdcuO7MN1kLipV/giphy-downsized-large.gif)

watch out when playing it, because PRO can easily fly off the screen in the blink of an eye.
but it can interrupt any action into another, even when sent flying by enemy attacks, so quick players can get away with anything even on small stages.

PRO lacks the brute force and durability to tango with extremely powerful god characters, but is well above the limits of normal brawlers, and even MAX onslaught falcon.

trying to clear target challenges quickly is an interesting challenge since you're more than fast enough to do it in 1 second, but you'll more likely just fly off the stage.


I'm currently missing a lot of abilities, forward smash, side-tilt, down-tilt, up-tilt, down-smash, neutral air and final smash.

visually it needs MAJOR changes, like it's jetpack, and shape of it's shades, not to mention animations. the smashes are going to be huge projects on their own.  r)


quick question, do any of you know how to make a grounded attack put the character in the air? i've tried messing with air/ground states, momentum, move character flags, and combinations of those things but nothing seems to work.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mortimer on May 20, 2018, 03:12:44 AM
I found interesting how you combined those effects.  :) Too bad I don't like god characters.

For your question, you can't do that because tilts/smashes actions are coded to send you to air state whenever you leave the ground while performing them.
In my koopa psa, I made a workaround during the attackHi4 subaction to make the character leave the ground, you can see there to make things easier. It basically uses a variable and change the action during an attack that occurs randomly, with this action being one of the special attacks actions, but it is only read when the action is triggered during the up smash. In this action, you can code your own physics if you have to.
It works, but perhaps you can do that with action overrides nowadays, I didn't have this option back then. But I don't know how they work, so far I never needed them.
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: crett on May 28, 2018, 07:44:46 PM
thanks, that's really helpful. i had a feeling i might've had to resort to switching to another action or something.

and agreed on god characters, it's not like i even plan on really using this character once he's finished, so i'm confused?? on why im so motivated to finish it?

in any case, that only leaves me with the issue of removing metaknight's multijump, and finding a way to hit multiple times in one frame (i consider dealing more than 1 damage cheating in this character's case)

i'll return when i figure it out!
Title: Re: WIP PSA Workshop
Post by: Mortimer on May 28, 2018, 09:32:17 PM
I think you should do whatever you want. If you're happy with your work, that's what is important.
The multi jump, at least king dedede, each jump subaction had a bit set that allowed him to jump one more time. Removing those bits also prevents the next jump from occuring.