(http://i.imgur.com/KaLxAXA.png)
Official Site (http://projectmgame.com/en/) | Youtube Page (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCfOTX8l2zpgiALWKBx43Mg)Latest Version:Project M 3.5 (http://projectmgame.com/en/download)
About Project M(taken from the official site)
Project M is a community-made mod of Brawl inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's gameplay designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play. Project M employs new codes which seamlessly add in new, universal features to the entire cast to add technical variety to all characters.
The Project Goal:
Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:
1. A fast-paced game with flowing, natural movement.
2. The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.
3. Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding.
Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.
4. The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.
Latest News:3.6 Trailerhttp://youtu.be/rcJHZCuaG84 (http://youtu.be/rcJHZCuaG84)
Extra space now that the thread has been hijacked by Nano.
I'll just use this spot for hype ass pics.
(http://projectmgame.com/content/images/news/ce-01.png)
One word, three letters:
Meh.
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 15, 2012, 10:44:10 PM
One word, three letters:
Meh.
Because Ignorance is Bliss
Or it could just not be his cup of tea...
Anyway, looking forward to messing around in it for a bit. Let's go Ike.
Quote from: Shun_One on April 15, 2012, 11:17:11 PM
Or it could just not be his cup of tea...
Anyway, looking forward to messing around in it for a bit. Let's go Ike.
In the case of LC, it's a mixture of both and trust me when I calling it "not his cup of tea" would be an understatement XD
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 15, 2012, 11:19:17 PM
In the case of LC, it's a mixture of both and trust me when I calling it "not his cup of tea" would be an understatement XD
I'll take your word for it. I'm not familiar with him.
Quick Draw -> JC -> wave-dash -> jab string
Honestly. There are some things, from what I have read so far on the website. That kinda just make me go "bleh" and some that make me go "yeh".
I could understand needing the Top-Tier's from Melee to be just as they were in Melee to balance the cast...IF it weren't for the fact that doing so is basically like saying "These characters were perfect as they were in Melee."
When I think of a sequel, I think : Everyone gets their buffs, everyone gets their nerfs. Some new things are added that are quite nice. Balancing is made. All is good.
To me, exempting the Top Tier characters from Melee from this line of thinking is asinine if you are going for what you envision for a true sequel (by paraphrasing of SDo0M's own words).
Not just the other characters, but everyone, should be balanced. Not just balanced to match the Top-Tiers.
Once everyone has gotten their buffs and nerfs, the Top-Tiers should be subjected to minor gameplay and mechanics changes in order to make them different from their Melee counterparts, instead of making them vanilla copies of their Melee incarnations. If we're going for something of a sequel in terms of gameplay, why would I want more of the same of what I had in the last game, on any character?
That's my two cents, but I get the feeling SDo0M will rebuke and talk down to me since my thinking isn't entirely in-line with Project M's current "grand design". >_>
*Leaves the thread promptly.
I'm looking forward to it, since I've been wanting a faster-paced Brawl since day one.
Though I am disappointed that Ganon and Falco went straight back to being straight-up clones. I can understand the reasoning behind it, but still. /:
Too bad I won't be able to try it for a while since I only have Dolphin. :c
I think it would be cooler if it had new portraits.
Just kidding.
Mostly.
I don't really think anything of it since I haven't tried it. If anything, I think it'll be an interesting way to change up Brawl a bit.
In defense of Project M and its team, I like the fact that these guys came together to craft something for the Melee fanatics, the transition from Melee to Brawl was a pretty harsh one, character balancing-wise so I get that. On the other hand, I kinda agree with Velen...I kinda envisioned it to be like a Melee atmosphere but with character balancing all across the board, not just remaking certain characters into their former selves while everyone else tweaked to match up with them.
One thing that resonated strongly with me was how some characters got buffs and moveset tweaks that were very much needed without the atmosphere of Melee...seeing Wario take on his Wario Land style and Ike gaining much needed tweaks like the many uses of Quickdraw, Ness getting his PK Thunders a much needed boost...stuff like that, is awesome and I actually wish that I could use these fixes in all the different types of Brawl we have released without the physics being tied specifically to Melee.
I don't wanna sound like im complaining because an individual can take that and feel unappreciated and step away from releasing hacks publicly, I can't do what these guys did and its dope that they are attempting to make something new or different. But anyways, that just my two cents.
In my experience P:M discussions don't end well, but let's see how this one goes.
I for one think that Project M is brilliant. A bunch of guys got together and instead of complaining about a game not being how they wanted it to be, decided to remake the game to fit their tastes. Gotta give 'em credit for their determination at least. Besides, they're doing some pretty cool stuff with it. Remaking the Brawl characters to fit within the Melee engine must be hell to do and the fact that they aren't just tweaking attack/frame data but they're actually reworking how the characters function just blows my mind. If they manage to balance it all out it'll be a work of art. Not to mention how much they're doing with the base mechanics. Bringing back wavedashing is great and all, but adding stuff like aerial glidetossing for more options during battle is even better.
I imagine I'll spend much of my "Smash time" playing around with Project M once it's 100% done.
Im so glad i figured out how to use P:M on my dolphin. Just in case im too lazy to put it on my SD card. Once its out, I can make a vid if you pplz want me to
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 15, 2012, 11:14:13 PM
Because Ignorance is Bliss
No, because "[censored] tourney[censored]s" and [censored] "Melee 2.0". :V They wanted an expansion pack, not a [censored] sequel. Well now they made their own, I hope they're happy.
I honestly cannot complain about P:M till I actually play it.
I'm more then hyped due to some of the changes I've seen.
Pit with an Air dash, Lucario with Ryu like attacks and combo ability, wario with an actually viable moveset, these types of things are just awesome to me.
for those wondering, the demo will have more then half the cast, so get hyped.
I heard a rumor saying it will eb out when it gets to dev version r7000. righ tnow its at r6994
Well, I have my likes and dislikes of it like many others.
My likes are how it's fast. I never cared for Brawl's speed, which is one reason I play Brawl+, I prefer playing SSB's in a faster, more aggressive environment, regardless of the level of "competitive depth"(especially because of how Berserker-esque I play.) I also love the return of L canceling. And the new ledge occupancy thing for tethers is genius! vBrawl should've had that ;__;
My dislikes are how the majority of the characters are handled, and I'll go into some depth with this.
There were a lot of character changes that I found interesting and liked a lot. Lucas is one that I think is fantastic, especially given how it changes him from Ness more by giving him a new, more useful Up B, among other things.
I like Ike's new tweaks as well, it gives him some improvements without completely changing a lot about him.
Then we have changes like Lucario. Lucario is one of my mains, and I personally didn't like the giant overhaul it got. I do like how the SideB has use in the air now(again, this should've had aerial use by default. C'mon, Sakurai : /), but everything else that was changed just seems too different now. It doesn't seem like the Lucario I've come to enjoy playing as. It's something that I feel a lot of PSA's succumb to - a moveset that just isn't very...Smash Brothers-y. But it is still an interesting idea nonetheless.
I find Wario is another example, but to a lesser degree. His changes make him reminiscent of his earlier days starting on the Gameboy with Wario Land, but I'm not too excited about the radical level of change. I'm not really one to believe in remaking a character from scratch for the sake of being competitive(although, de-cloning is still an idea I find appealing), but then again, I'm either the world's most competitive casual or the world's most casual competive player.
My idea would be to instead focus on improving what they have, as opposed to changing a bunch of things, or to keep the changes to a minimum, a la Lucas.
And I know this will seem like a minor nitpick, but given how I'm very anal retentive about all things about Marth/Roy(this may have been changed in the second demo. Haven't nabbed it yet) But some things with Marth that were not really changed from an aesthetic point of view.
Many of his animations were different in Melee, but I'll just bring up two attacks that looked different, with one of them moving in the opposite direction.
His 3rd down side B hit was not changed back to Melee's, nor was his fourth up hit. The 3rd down hit is less of a problem, but the 4th up it travels the other way now. This was not changed in this first demo, and it seems contradictory to say all his Melee hitboxes were restored when that attack goes in the opposite direction now.
Pic time!(Go! Go! 10 second doodle powers!)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
And I find Velen brings up a good point about balance. Instead of bringing everyone up to the Fox/Falco/Marth/Shiek/etc range, I think it'd be good to have things a little lower. I recall reading that Pokemon Trainer(With all 3 mons together - not the "wild" ones) was cut for this reason - He just couldn't fit in the competitive level the others were able to.
I, personally, found Marth was pretty overpowered in Melee. Same goes for Falco. It felt like when I played as or against these two, it didn't require the effort/skill to be as good with them as it did when using a character cursed to be in the lower tiers, like Roy or either Link, or God forbid Bowser...And even then, with a low tier character, sometimes all the skill in the world will not save you... ;__;
I can understand the goal of P:M, but I think making everyone better/viable would be easier if the 'bar' weren't set as high as it is.
But, either way, I still did enjoy the first demo a lot, and I'm looking forward to what is to come. I hope to get my hands on that demo soon :happy:
>.>
<.<
.
.
.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 16, 2012, 01:12:31 AM
No, because "[censored] tourney[censored]s" and [censored] "Melee 2.0". :V They wanted an expansion pack, not a [censored] sequel. Well now they made their own, I hope they're happy.
If you don't give a [censored] about this, why do you even post about it?
I'd have rather had the demo be released before making a thread like this, but oh well.. lol
Quote from: Albafika on April 16, 2012, 03:56:12 AM
If you don't give a [censored] about this, why do you even post about it?
I'd have rather had the demo be released before making a thread like this, but oh well.. lol
Agreed. A lot of the ranting going on is based on a lack of information or outdated information mainly because of the fact that:
1) Demo's not out yet (though that's our fault, we've been frantically working to get stuff ready but we've been encountering a couple of problems)
2) Very few here watch our streams.
3) Heck you may not have even had a proper look at the official P:M site, since that at least has up to date character info now on all the demo 2 roster.
Let's at least wait til demo 2 before making big rants.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 16, 2012, 06:01:34 AM
Agreed. A lot of the ranting going on is based on a lack of information or outdated information mainly because of the fact that:
1) Demo's not out yet (though that's our fault, we've been frantically working to get stuff ready but we've been encountering a couple of problems)
2) Very few here watch our streams.
3) Heck you may not have even had a proper look at the official P:M site, since that at least has up to date character info now on all the demo 2 roster.
Let's at least wait til demo 2 before making big rants.
-sorry, but you're simply using those things you stated as an excuse to brush off any good points anyone here may have had at all.
I've already read all the pages on the Project:M site. One doesn't need to actually try the demo in order to say what one feels at first glance, and not having tried the demo does not invalidate how someone feels about it at first glace either, no matter how much you may think otherwise.
I said what I said based on your words, what I read, what I saw in the demonstration videos on the general changes page, and my own thoughts and feelings of how balancing should be handled.
So far I see no effort to make any changes to the top-tiers after everyone has been given their changes, and I already stated how I feel about giving the rest of the cast something new while the Top Tiers stay their same old stale selves from Melee with no real changes beyond aesthetics. They bring nothing new to the table now. Everyone else but them has something new now.
Quote from: Velen on April 16, 2012, 06:18:34 AM
-sorry, but you're simply using those things you stated as an excuse to brush off any good points anyone here may have had at all.
I've already read all the pages on the Project:M site. One doesn't need to actually try the demo in order to say what one feels at first glance, and not having tried the demo does not invalidate how someone feels about it at first glace either, no matter how much you may think otherwise.
I said what I said based on your words, what I read, what I saw in the demonstration videos on the general changes page, and my own thoughts and feelings of how balancing should be handled.
So you haven't actually watched any up to date gameplay of it? What you've basically done is the equivalent of forming an opinion of a game just by reading previews and watching old trailers. If you're going to construct some kind of "first glance opinion" of something, at least have the decency not to dwell on one thing like a hawk. There are 29 characters, yet you insist on dwelling on the three that haven't received changes.
Quote from: Velen on April 16, 2012, 06:18:34 AM
So far I see no effort to make any changes to the top-tiers after everyone has been given their changes, and I already stated how I feel about giving the rest of the cast something new while the Top Tiers stay their same old stale selves from Melee with no real changes beyond aesthetics. They bring nothing new to the table now. Everyone else but them has something new now.
Because they don't NEED anything new. Whether you like it or not, the primary target for P:M is Melee enthusiasts who do a lot of competitive play. Melee's competitive scene is still pretty prominent and has been for almost a decade now. Those players are going to want to see those top characters able to pull off all the things they could before. They'll want to see Fox and Falco with all their old tricks. If they felt stale, then this competitive scene would be dead but it isn't.
HOWEVER
Unlike in Melee, every character is good enough to hold their own against these guys so it's down to the players to find ways to take these former top tiers and adapt to these new threats. The characters have enough depth and the fast paced and fluid environment of the game allows this kind of leeway.
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 16, 2012, 01:12:31 AM
No, because "[censored] tourney[censored]s" and [censored] "Melee 2.0". :V They wanted an expansion pack, not a [censored] sequel. Well now they made their own, I hope they're happy.
Yeah, comments like this make it hard to take you at all seriously sometimes. At least Velen and Thany and co had the decency to come up with decent enough reasoning as to what they weren't looking forward to as regards to the project.
Hey SDoOM, did you guys make any extra changes to the characters that you all haven't listed on the P:M website? Also did you or any of the mods have the chance to check my post for Wario? As I stated in it, its just an idea..I don't know anything about PSA'ing but the concept seems simple, its just a animation change with accompanying sfx and such but the original move properties and such remain the same, I was just looking on some feedback to see if it would be a good idea or not
I honestly don't care, I've never liked the competitive scene. You can call me close-minded, but I don't create a project around that piece of info.
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 16, 2012, 11:44:24 AM
I honestly don't care, I've never liked the competitive scene. You can call me close-minded, but I don't create a project around that piece of info.
Well, LC, it doesn't means only competitive players would enjoy it either, y'know? ._. You can play it and see if you find it fun to do so.
In all honesty, I at one point wanted Melee. That was BEFORE I found out about the competitive players. After like two years of getting Brawl, I hacked the Wii, got Melee through "fun" means, and realized it's floatier than Brawl and not as fast as advertised. In the end, it's not really that great a game, and whatever fun it had was sucked out simply because you have to play a set way in only four or five stages, not counting counterpicks (if any), the mere mention of items makes tourneyfans rage, and apparently playing with a character I like means I'm a scrub, instead I should play with what others think I should play as, which is why I LOVED hearing about that story that MLG (I think it was that anyway) only allowed tournies with items. There is something being done wrong when even other tourneyfans reject a game for it's pro community.
Bottom line, I highly doubt a mod that would turn Brawl into Melee 2.0 would make me want to play it again, simply because anything of interest to you doesn't interest me. At all. Pretty sure I'm entitled to my opinion, and I did this post with the least amount of random [censored]ing possible. I can't get any less offensive than this.
And before anyone asks, I'd rather play with the PS2 controller because it's more comfortable and doesn't have a mutant button layout. Not hating, just saying.
Just curious: What're the deadly freezes that are keeping the release about? If its the training thing I doubt there's a way around it...
Aaanyway, I'm sad that this re-clones (somewhat) Ganon and Falco, I'd have been more hyped for this if they were changed further from brawl like Charizard or Lucas (Although I'm gonna point out if the changed made to him were to improve, then you guys should look at B+ Lucas, just messing with some stats and he became waay better than vBrawl in which he was already epic with the right skill) That being said, the character I'm most hyped about is Lucario, it is a shame to lose so much but from what I've seen what he's gaining will make him deadly (+I may enjoy checking out his coding <O< >O>)
@LC The floatiness is good, I have no idea why in P:M they seem to want it reduced :L characters are floaty because that makes awesome aerial combat which, due to people being flung around everywhere, happens a lot. Just look at vBrawl squirtle, if you think he sucks its just because you don't know how to play his air game, his only weakness was not having a real Down special because he had to share with 2 other guys inside some other guy's pocket :|
Here's what I think all smash brothers games should be like: FAST horizontal, SLOOoooooooooow Vertical... and what makes vbrawl super slow compared to melee is the huge meaningless hit lag, land lag, dodge lag, attack lag, lag lag lag all over in every move for no reason at all instead of just ending it quickly allowing the next attack XP In other words it was slow horizontal D:
i can't wait i really am anticipating snake,wario,lucario,charizard,zelda,lucus,sonic, and pit.
Quote from: Alses on April 16, 2012, 03:24:25 PM
Just curious: What're the deadly freezes that are keeping the release about? If its the training thing I doubt there's a way around it...
According to the IRC it was Peach's Neutral B.
Oh, so I can't have an actual "valid" opinion until Demo 2 comes out and I have played it and read everything on the website when said demo is released? Is that what you're saying? That's what I'm getting from this.
So any argument or comment or opinion anyone has is null and void until the time specified by the Project M team is what you're saying?
Such arrogance.
Quote from: Velen on April 16, 2012, 05:29:24 PM
Oh, so I can't have an actual "valid" opinion until Demo 2 comes out and I have played it and read everything on the website when said demo is released? Is that what you're saying? That's what I'm getting from this.
So any argument or comment or opinion anyone has is null and void until the time specified by the Project M team is what you're saying?
Such arrogance.
Not that you can't have it, just that... At least I find it better to wait for the finished Beta so we can all test and critique. I have mixed feelings about P:M, but I'm holding my horses 'til I try it. :P
Quote from: Velen on April 16, 2012, 05:29:24 PM
Oh, so I can't have an actual "valid" opinion until Demo 2 comes out and I have played it and read everything on the website when said demo is released? Is that what you're saying? That's what I'm getting from this.
So any argument or comment or opinion anyone has is null and void until the time specified by the Project M team is what you're saying?
Such arrogance.
I love how my second point of watching the streams soared over your head completely. If you watched the streams, or even watched the up to date footage on the ProjectMelee youtube channel and a couple of other channels then of course you'd have a more validated opinion because you're basing accusations on up to date information.
You're creating accusations out of very little basis. As I said before, it's like forming an opinion of a game just by reading previews and watching old trailers instead of taking a little time to look at more up to date gameplay footage that actually shows off the game in motion.
I knew I'd find a thread like this here.
LC - Chill man, I'm starting to think you don't think any game should be competitive, tournaments make they're own rules all the time. Nothing is stopping anyone from saying items are allowed in they're tournament. But even with items i still think you would find some way to bash it.
Also you have to "Play" Melee, not make your own it to judge how the game engine of melee work. Melee has a completely different feel to the game to brawl, captain falcon alone is enough to tell the difference.
And they have a controller just for you, it called the "Classic Controller Pro"
Anyway, I was more hype about it about a year ago when i still had friends willing to play smash brothers, but now everyone is trying to do they're own thing which is a shame.
I'm still going to play, but will most likely be alone, or over wifail.
I guess people didn't really understand the project goal, but it's not really they're fault i mean even play-testers don't understand the goal sometimes. Project:M isn't about RE-balance, it's about pulling those low win characters into high win standards.
Funny thing is while they get a few complaints about RE-cloned characters from brawl players, they get TONS more complaints from Melee players about how some characters seem even better then Melee's high win characters.
Of course there are some character design issues that i disagree with, but I going to wait until after Demo2 comes out so i can test they're "Vision" before i make any complaints.
I say everyone who enjoys playing smash should give it a fair chance, though anyone who makes PSA for fun should be more then interested in Project M then just playing it, i'm sure it's has tons of code that PSA makers are going to want to explore.
And I might do a mod version of Project M for myself cause they're are a few "OverDrive" mechanics that i enjoy.
Quote from: PPXEXE on April 16, 2012, 06:15:12 PM
I knew I'd find a thread like this here.
LC - Chill man, I'm starting to think you don't think any game should be competitive, tournaments make they're own rules all the time. Nothing is stopping anyone from saying items are allowed in they're tournament. But even with items i still think you would find some way to bash it.
Also you have to "Play" Melee, not make your own it to judge how the game engine of melee work. Melee has a completely different feel to the game to brawl, captain falcon alone is enough to tell the difference.
And they have a controller just for you, it called the "Classic Controller Pro"
[/color]
Nah, tournies with items is something I'd actually bother to watch since it's not uselessly removing a game mechanic for the sake of it. The original game has items, the original stages have hazards. To me a true pro is being able to play with those things on the battlefield and not being a whiny mess when he gets hit. And what do you mean by "Play" Melee? I've already said I played it. It's not all it's cracked up to be. It's uninteresting. This expansion pack won't make me change my ideas.
Oh, cool. Do you know of a place where they give them for free, or a place with weak enough security so I can steal one? I'll still use my PS2 controller simply because I feel it's not a mess made by a drunkard.
P:M is a good experience. I never mastered Melee's combo/fast-paced action stuff because i was young and didn't know how to play it well (the only thing i know how to do is wave-dashing). I wasn't into fast-paced fighting games at the time until Marvel vs Capcom 2 was out.
Now that im into competitive fast-paced fighting games, i find it more fun. I don't go to tourneys but i have some friends who are competitive.
Im not saying you HAVE to play fast-paced fighting games. As long as the game is fun, I dont care if its not fast-paced like brawl. I wont say which one is better because i just like them equally in everyway.
Cant wait to try out the demo.
(Btw, where do you place custom songs in Project M's folders?)
there is also one option that is always avalible if u want to complain....dont play it its as simple as that
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 16, 2012, 07:55:20 PM
Nah, tournies with items is something I'd actually bother to watch since it's not uselessly removing a game mechanic for the sake of it. The original game has items, the original stages have hazards. To me a true pro is being able to play with those things on the battlefield and not being a whiny mess when he gets hit.
That limits it down to only those crazy Asian people. Those guys that do those crazy item combo vids
As soon as I figure out how, I'll make an account on nicovideo just to witness those.
Because they're infinitely more entertaining to watch, no offense. :V
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 16, 2012, 09:31:57 PM
As soon as I figure out how, I'll make an account on nicovideo just to witness those.
Because they're infinitely more entertaining to watch, no offense. :V
None taken. Those things are freakin awesome XD
Has there even been Japanese tournaments?
Not sure if they play with american restrictions, but, there's that whole item combo thing, so I guess they don't.
Fun fact: Japan turned off items before we did, in Melee and Brawl. There are players that play both with and without items you know, though they may be hard to find.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 17, 2012, 01:35:02 AM
Fun fact: Japan turned off items before we did, in Melee and Brawl. There are players that play both with and without items you know, though they may be hard to find.
Im one of those people. I don't mind with items or without items.
Demo 2 is finally out: http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/ (http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/)
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 17, 2012, 10:23:12 AM
Demo 2 is finally out: http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/ (http://projectm.dantarion.com/downloads/)
[censored] yes, just started downloading it. cannot wait to try it >.>
well, i lost my SD card, so i cant try it on my wii. i ahd to play it on dolphin, which is slow
Quote from: PPXEXE on April 16, 2012, 06:15:12 PM
And they have a controller just for you, it called the "Classic Controller Pro"
The pro would be good if it had rumbling... Due to always playing with rumble on you get used to it so once its gone the game seems off forever :L The classic controller pro is a fail for brawl because of that, GC controller is the best (too bad mine is so old and went overseas so many times before its actually kinda rotten x.x)
Aaanyway, Yay its out :D downloading it now. Btw: will there ever be a .txt released of the GCT with all the codes named so then we can choose codes with ease and such? y'kno, mix and match what you want? XD I've done that with my B+ and I really wanna put some P:M into my main codeset after trying it and *probably* enjoying the extra mechanics.
Well, Dolphin only lets me play it for about two minutes, but from what I can tell this is pretty well made.
Downloaded it to get Wario's new moveset.
Then I got rid of it.
Whats the difference between..
Riivolution Online Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)
Riivolution Offline Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)
And is...
Riivolution Option ZIP (Full Set) WiFi Safe?
Quote from: hero3120 on April 17, 2012, 08:58:37 PM
Whats the difference between..
Riivolution Online Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)
Riivolution Offline Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)
And is...
Riivolution Option ZIP (Full Set) WiFi Safe?
First is for replays and Wifi (I think), second is for just Wifi. Though don't hold me to that.
And no the full set isn't Wifi safe, hence why there's Wifi safe versions :V
I'm having so much fun with this >.>
I'm really digging the new side smash for snake, it's freaking dank and super useful. Lucario's shroyuken Up smash is also quite useful. I really also like that toon link has a jump attack for his side smash (also dat milk drink taunt >.>)
I found ike to be pretty great as well, definently dig that second charge on his side special.
I dunno if it was intentional, but when fully charged and landing the slash, it reminds me of sol badguy's instant kill from guilty gear on the PS1.
Overall liking it so far, and can say all my mains play exactly as I thought they would.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 17, 2012, 09:06:06 PM
First is for replays and Wifi (I think), second is for just Wifi. Though don't hold me to that.
And no the full set isn't Wifi safe, hence why there's Wifi safe versions :V
K thank you ;D
If anyone wants to play on wifi with Project: M, pm me :P
My first impressions.. aren't so positive.. I'll make a pro and con list later (after trying it out a bit more) and post it here. Its pretty good though, although I did just use codes and such to make my brawl the way I'd enjoy it which is why I prefer it... But yeah, I won't be comparing, just making a list 100% about P:M. cya later :L
No Side-B Death Sheik Ai (http://www.mediafire.com/?cqmp9yll9b9bcny)
I'm Working on some Ai stuff, here's the first.
Quote from: PPXEXE on April 17, 2012, 10:39:21 PM
No Side-B Death Sheik Ai (http://www.mediafire.com/?1f7yc73t8gopzol)
I'm Working on some Ai stuff, here's the first.
deleted O.O :-/????
Quote from: namq on April 17, 2012, 11:15:41 PM
deleted O.O :-/????
Was working on a better version, the last still side-b death if above the ledge.
No Side-B Death Sheik Ai (http://www.mediafire.com/?cchd9361529qeoj)
Here we go the prefect version, this one won't Side-B death for sure.
I've finally been able to play P:M Demo2. It's pretty nice, but I find it has a few flaws.
Ike is AWESOME. To me, he is the shining STAR of this build. I did not now he had four counter quotes either, I knew of all of them being in the game somewhere except his "YERR THRUUUE!" one :3.
ToonLink is probably my second favourite to play as. I am in love with that milk drink taunt(My second favourite Melee character was Young Link) :happy: And that new entry of his is a comedic improvement on the original, I'm just not fond of his recovery...I was expecting it to be more like his/YoungLink's in terms of being able to get back on stage x__x
I've tried Lucario for a bit. Sadly it is just not my cup of tea, but I suppose it's difficult to please everyone ;__; . The Side B's aerial 'grab' is still fantastic idea.
My problem isn't really with gameplay functions now, but it's the animations I find could use work. Marth especially had many animations that felt like they weren't really made with a lot of time or effort.(I ask for forgiveness if any of the following sounds harsh x__x )
I'll hide these in spoilers. I've got lots to say .__.
Dancing Blade 3rd down hit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Dancing Blade 4th up hit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Dancing Blade 2nd normal hit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Smash attacks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Jabs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
There are some other things, like Link's entry not ending in his Wait1 stance perfectly(the sword, anyway), or some other puzzling changes, like Luigi's "falling over" victory looping into itself instead of being his WinWait for that animation.( I personally found that WinWait was pretty funny to see him wobble and his nose periodically twitch :af: )
But overall, I still did enjoy this mod quite a bit and I'd encourage people to give it a try(I won't go into Ike's face issue with the D-smash, as I know that's currently impossible to remedy as far as I know), but to me it's mainly the animations(Especially with making the feet stay in place) that could use some work.
A very fun mod, even for one who sits on the competitive fence like myself. Just needs some polish to make things shine brighter :3
Kay, so this is my pros and cons list of 5 things each for first impressions:
Pros
1- well structured (so organized and pretty :D)
2- lots of useful mechanics (though I don't consider the new air dodge, which i forgot the name of it)
3- very well balanced (each character with a good side and bad)
4- interesting movesets (Lucas' is my fav :L but he was as well in vB and B+ so... idk I'm always good with him)
5- allows nice combos
Cons
1- Camping is way too easy to do
2- juggling is tough to get out of most times but not tough to perform
3- AI for CPUs can be suicidal... as can I when I make a booboo :L
4- some combos are so easy to pull off and so much more worth it than some fancy combos
5- where's mah air combat!? D: this part was intentional I know but there's so much gravity that my fav way to fight is practically gone, most of the time you're on the floor to fight :L this also makes recovery harder by itself which makes edge guarding easier than blocking wolf's super slow blaster or lucario's aura sphere or even mario and luigi's fireball XD
So anyway: Its fun... but not fun if you end up playing with a d*** that uses the cheap and easy to do strategies all the time... I prefer my B+... its faster, less clunky and way funner IMO <3
Toon Link is awesome. I actually enjoy using him now. Though his milk drink animation could use some polishing (the bottom of the bottle lip should be at his mouth, though it's at the center). Zelda is also pretty classy. Love Pit's new specials.
I don't care for new Falco. And the Zelda/Sheik portraits are really blah. Especially Zelda's.
Yea, agreed with SJS.
Pit is so much better now. Same for Toon Link, I like his forward smash and his Up-B movement on the ground.
I still use Mario though because hes a basic character and my favorite.
Lucas PKT2 Fix V.1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?yhq7eauhvq55ey3)
Here's the fix for Lucas, still has some recover issues that i have to fix with it, but this is much better then the current.
Quote from: SJS on April 18, 2012, 02:21:13 AM
Toon Link is awesome. I actually enjoy using him now. Though his milk drink animation could use some polishing (the bottom of the bottle lip should be at his mouth, though it's at the center). Zelda is also pretty classy. Love Pit's new specials.
I don't care for new Falco. And the Zelda/Sheik portraits are really blah. Especially Zelda's.
I was the one who did the milk taunt animation and trust me when I say it's very awkward to position the bottle well because of not being able to see it in Brawlbox. I just had to essentially guess where the bottle would situate itself.
Im liking so far, quick question though....
Will you guys alter the original CPU A.I to match new moves for some of the characters that had those changes? I play alone a lot in free for alls and it would suck to have the CPU kill itself because of a new move replacing one they originally had, that they aren't programmed to use efficiently?
Quote from: Double D. on April 18, 2012, 06:16:31 AM
Im liking so far, quick question though....
Will you guys alter the original CPU A.I to match new moves for some of the characters that had those changes? I play alone a lot in free for alls and it would suck to have the CPU kill itself because of a new move replacing one they originally had, that they aren't programmed to use efficiently?
At some point most likely, though funnily enough it's fairly low on our priority list. Mainly because it's quite an awkward and tedious process that not enough people know how to do.
Speaking of which, I'd really like to thank PPX for editing the AI for Sheik and Lucas so that they aren't so stupid. It saves us a fair bit of time :)
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Project: M boots faster than standard Brawl.
Quote from: SJS on April 18, 2012, 02:57:35 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Project: M boots faster than standard Brawl.
It seems this way, even when loading the match. lol
Quote from: SJS on April 18, 2012, 02:57:35 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Project: M boots faster than standard Brawl.
It does funnily enough. Magus explained to me how it worked a while ago I think, but I forgot his explanation.
Ask him again, or check for logs, or something.
Though, my guess is that since you're loading [censored] from the SD card, you don't load from the disc. Thus, quicker loading times. Or something.
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 18, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
Ask him again, or check for logs, or something.
Though, my guess is that since you're loading [censored] from the SD card, you don't load from the disc. Thus, quicker loading times. Or something.
It is indeed this actually. It's a combination of loading stuff from the SD card and trimming down a lot of fat files (the common files were trimmed down a LOT).
The common files are full of crap that don't need to be there but are, and is responsible for Brawl's loading times being rather long.
The motion files for the transforming characters do not need to be in the common files AT ALL.
Just put them in their respective pf character folders, remove them from the common.pacs a certain way, and tada!
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 19, 2012, 12:28:40 AM
The common files are full of crap that don't need to be there but are, and is responsible for Brawl's loading times being rather long.
The motion files for the transforming characters do not need to be in the common files AT ALL.
Just put them in their respective pf character folders, remove them from the common.pacs a certain way, and tada!
So that's how it was done. *goes to trim other Common5's*
Thanks, EY. I had always wondered what made P:M load so much faster.
Well, I got the new Demo finally. Gotta say, I'm thoroughly impressed. I haven't played too much what with all of the work I have to do, but I'm already enjoying it far more than the last demo. I really like what they did with guys like Lucario, Wario, and Charizard. Charizard I'm finding especially fun, which is odd considering I don't use him in any other version of Brawl. ROB is also fun. I love what this did with his Side-B.
So yeah, two thumbs up and all of that jazz.
Is there a way to take the character movesets and play with them in your own Brawl? Im using Beyond You's Riivolution and I tried using movesets from some of the Project M characters but the physics would seem a little off and their moves wouldn't work well, some would enter T-stance or the PSA animation would play the original move animation with effects of the PSA, like for example Bowser's Koopa Klaw would still play the Flying Slam animation but he wouldn't jump in the air with them....anyone know anything?
Quote from: Shun_One on April 19, 2012, 02:07:24 AM
So that's how it was done. *goes to trim other Common5's*
Thanks, EY. I had always wondered what made P:M load so much faster.
Be sure to check the other common files too.
Anyway, that's a negative at this time Double D.
Damn.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 18, 2012, 10:47:29 PM
It is indeed this actually. It's a combination of loading stuff from the SD card and trimming down a lot of fat files (the common files were trimmed down a LOT).
Y'know, with that in consideration, with a big enough SD card you probably could stuff ALL the brawl files (trimmed the un-necessaries obviously) in that, just for a faster loading game.
Would kinda defeat the purpose of the disc, but still. :V
Project M [TAS] - Wolf Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI97S0XeU5A#ws)
First P:M TAS =O
Lol, Bowser is broken.
I'm also not too happy with some of the changes made to Lucas, since Demo V1. For example, why does Offense Up remain infinitely, until you miss the target?
Quote from: JirachiMaster on April 19, 2012, 04:29:53 PM
Lol, Bowser is broken.
I'm also not too happy with some of the changes made to Lucas, since Demo V1. For example, why does Offense Up remain infinitely, until you miss the target?
Care to elaborate? Whilst Bowser is awesome, I don't see how he's broken.
As for Lucas, first let me correct you in saying it's not until you miss, it's until you fail to get a successful hit. There's a difference because the latter includes hitting shields (you lose the charge upon hitting the foe's shield). And it remains because a player should be rewarded for being accurate in punishing opponents.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 19, 2012, 05:02:52 PMCare to elaborate? Whilst Bowser is awesome, I don't see how he's broken. As for Lucas, first let me correct you in saying it's not until you miss, it's until you fail to get a successful hit. There's a difference because the latter includes hitting shields (you lose the charge upon hitting the foe's shield). And it remains because a player should be rewarded for being accurate in punishing opponents.
Bowser has been given super armor in nearly half of his moves, and are now ridiculously strong. His forward smash, to me, seems nothing short of Brawl- quality, as it's almost exactly the same in power as his final smash form. That's just the beginning of it, I could stay here and criticize every flaw with his new abilities, but those are the ones that bother me the most.
And about Lucas... I just think that it would be more reasonable for it to be the other way around offense up, the charge should wear off AFTER the attack makes contact, and not last forever until you fail. Imagine if Samus's beam were to always be fully charged, and she could fire full charged shots at an offstage, near helpless target repeatedly?
Quote from: dRage on April 19, 2012, 01:35:24 PM
Project M [TAS] - Wolf Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI97S0XeU5A#ws)
First P:M TAS =O
o_O
Hell, i cant even do such a long combo like that :P
Nice job though
Quote from: JirachiMaster on April 19, 2012, 05:40:09 PM
Bowser has been given super armor in nearly half of his moves, and are now ridiculously strong. His forward smash, to me, seems nothing short of Brawl- quality, as it's almost exactly the same in power as his final smash form.
His moves have a mixture of heavy armour and super armour and the super armour only lasts for when he flashes red for that short period of time. The forward smash is incredibly powerful, but also painfully slow and extremely punishable if you dodge it (don't shield it though, it eats through shields). Whilst we do take a lot of feedback into consideration, saying something is flat out broken that's been developed for months when you've had all of about 2 days to playtest the mod seems a little unfair don't ya think? At least give the metagame some time to develop ;)
Guess I'll say something about the mod since I'm here.
I like Ike. I just have to get used to him. I keep trying to play him similarly to Brawl but it just...doesn't work. Obviously, I'll get it with time. I like what's been done with him though. Got to say, pulling off combo's with Ike is very satisfying.
As an aside, ever consider adding blue fire/aura damage to him? Just to play off of his end game self at Radiant Dawn where get's a mystic blue flame.
Quote from: Shun_One on April 19, 2012, 05:53:56 PM
As an aside, ever consider adding blue fire/aura damage to him? Just to play off of his end game self at Radiant Dawn where get's a mystic blue flame.
We did and thought it would be a waste of time. For a minor canon aesthetic, it would take too much effort to present well and there are more important things we need to be doing.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 19, 2012, 06:10:16 PM
We did and thought it would be a waste of time. For a minor canon aesthetic, it would take too much effort to present well and there are more important things we need to be doing.
Huh, I'm actually surprised it was even considered. Well, perhaps later on down the line, like when everything else is in a much more polished/final state perhaps you guys can revisit the idea.
Hey I had some more animation ideas for Wario...
Walk animation 0:03, 2:30 mark can be a new dash animation, 3:00, Down B special replacement. Works the exact same as Waft. Fiery explosion on the ground (Think Roy fully powered Flare Blade gfx) following by devastating jumping headbutt
Wario Land Shake It! - W1-2: Whoopsy Desert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CSfYZlaOM#)
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223403p1.html (http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223403p1.html)
Oh look a feature.
(http://i.imgur.com/Ri6Dw.png)
(http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/68348/1545245-gendo005.jpg)
I was gonna do that but i guess im too late.
And being shown on IGN of all sites is a good thing?
Remember kids. You can't spell Ignorance without IGN.
The more you know ★.
All that really matters is that Project: M is being featured on a big name gaming website. Who cares about the site's credentials? That's beside the point.
Quote from: SJS on April 20, 2012, 02:44:15 PM
All that really matters is that Project: M is being featured on a big name gaming website. Who cares about the site's credentials? That's beside the point.
^ This. Publicity is publicity and in the case of IGN that is pretty damn big publicity. Especially consdering it's an actual full-lenght feature and not just a quick copy paste newsflash like it usually gets on other sites.
I'd also like to quote this from the comment section (which was suprisingly positive btw):
QuoteThis is not about competitive or not. This is about a group of talented folks seeing a space between Melee and Brawl, a space that held their ideal Super Smash Bros. game. They spent two years of their own time - for no pay - to create this.
Try the game. Respect the effort. Don't turn this into a silly debate about what type of gamer you are. That's just silly.
Eh, I guess it's alright. Still, I wouldn't put my trust on IGN for some articles.
But eh, good on ya for gettin' it on I guess.
Project M [TAS] - Lucario Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YINhiB9tuc#ws)
Mother of god...
I said wow at that. I had a feeling such madness could be pulled off, but I currently don't have the time to get good enough to dive into Lucario
Project M got a shoutout on IGN Project M - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod Commentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNR1L0VeUl0#ws)
Guess this is gonna mean a lot more feedback.
Oh and MOAR: Project M - Hyrule Castle Gameplay - Super Smash Bros. Mod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCu5y1gD7pc#ws)
Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on April 20, 2012, 07:36:00 PM
Project M got a shoutout on IGN Project M - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod Commentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNR1L0VeUl0#ws)
Guess this is gonna mean a lot more feedback.
Oh and MOAR: Project M - Hyrule Castle Gameplay - Super Smash Bros. Mod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCu5y1gD7pc#ws)
I saw it, it's pretty intense :O
EDIT:
Project M - Final Destination Gameplay - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5FVCyARx4Y#ws)
Project M - Final Destination Gameplay - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5FVCyARx4Y#ws)
Oh, you edited^
Yeah, they had a bit of ignorance in their speech when talking about Project: M.
They know almost nothing about Brawl hacks, it seems. >.>
Quote from: SmashClash on April 20, 2012, 08:03:30 PM
They know almost nothing about Brawl hacks, it seems. >.>
IGN, what do you expect? I liked how in the first vid they were like "OMC TRIPPING IS GONE IT'S AMAZING!", yeah and if you search "no trip code brawl hack" you'd get a 2 line code that did this too.
Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on April 20, 2012, 08:15:35 PM
IGN, what do you expect? I liked how in the first vid they were like "OMC TRIPPING IS GONE IT'S AMAZING!", yeah and if you search "no trip code brawl hack" you'd get a 2 line code that did this too.
What I thought was dumb was when they said: "Omg, a castlevania stage, now we know they can bring stages from different platforms." Just the way they reacted is plain retarded.
Quote from: SmashClash on April 20, 2012, 08:39:26 PM
What I thought was dumb was when they said: "Omg, a castlevania stage, now we know they can bring stages from different platforms." Just the way they reacted is plain retarded.
Speaking of Castelvania stage...
Project M - Dracula's Castle Gameplay - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fAcxTRR6mg#ws)
>.>
<.<
I decided to try Project M for myself and I am liking it. There is one problem though, the Fountain of Dreams .brstm is faulty. It's all loud static in my game.
Edit: The Saffron City .brstm also has the same problem.
PROJECT M IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL BRAWL, me and my friend play ssb competitively that means that on ssbm you could learn and practice things such as L cancling, wave dashing, moonwalking and other crap that ssbb took away from us.
Brawl is too noob friendly because you dont have to learn these techniques because they are no longer in the game making it much easier just to swing around and try punching the whole match.
Project M is a good thing they brought back all of those techniques that us competitive gamers used. I like games ment for competitive play not just noob friendly games were anyone can pick up a controller than beat you down.
Brawls graphics are great but they should have kept the fighting like melee and project M brought that back.
So look we got, L cancling, wave dashing, mooning walking, we got all of that great stuff back from melee, the only people who will complain are the noobies who arnt good at it, we still have the good graphics from brawl now.
IMO project M should have been how ssbb should have been in the first place.
You can't just take away things from the game just because a noob gets mad that he didnt put in time to get better than a certain player.
One thing, can you put texture hacks on PROJECT M?
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
One thing, can you put texture hacks on PROJECT M?
Yes you can. You just need to have Homebrew. It's just like any other mod. Just put the texture in the specified folder.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PMBrawl is too noob friendly because you dont have to learn these techniques
Have you won a SSBB tourney? If you haven't, you can't really say it's noob friendly.
Also:
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PMBrawl is too noob friendly because you dont have to learn these techniques because they are no longer in the game
So that's why I can't learn L-Cancelling in Brawl... I should've known it was because it wasn't in the game to begin with. Thanks for sharing your logical wisdom!
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
Brawl is too noob friendly because you dont have to learn these techniques because they are no longer in the game making it much easier just to swing around and try punching the whole match.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
Project M is a good thing they brought back all of those techniques that us competitive gamers used. I like games ment for competitive play not just noob friendly games were anyone can pick up a controller than beat you down.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
You can't just take away things from the game just because a noob gets mad that he didnt put in time to get better than a certain player.
I can see you have a problem with the word "noob".
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
Project M is a good thing they brought back all of those techniques that us competitive gamers used. I like games ment for competitive play not just noob friendly games were anyone can pick up a controller than beat you down.
If this has happened to you, then you can start calling yourself a noob, sir.
Before bashing a game this badly on a board, you have to base your claims. Most of what you said (With the exception of the bottom line) have been dumb.
Um I don't know why your assuming I'm bad at the game because I'd probably beat most of you. No I don't go to tournaments because I'm a xbox player, Was Top ranked In GOW3 before I quit playing and I'm one of the best in THE WORLD at ARMORED CORE. And YES IVE BEEN TO TOURNEMENTS AND PLAYED IN THEM FOR XBOX.
Here is me in the last armored core tournament my gt IS G lL O C IK 19
ACFA LR Tournament - Round III (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALK-_Q6Vvs#ws)
I'm a competitive gamer, I know if a game is worst then the one before it.
My friend taught me how to get good at ssb and yes he has been to tournaments around were I live for money. I havn't because I don't have a wii,
Even my friend will agree that melee takes more skill than brawl, Project M brought back the techniques that the pros use, KEN AND ISAI oh maybe you don't play competitively but some people like myself do.
I never bashed the game, I gave my opinion, if you don't like my opinion then this thread should say NO BAD OPINIONS. I'm telling facts if I spoke a lie do point that out.
AND HOW ISNT IT NOOB FRIENDLY LOLOL, you mean to tell me that brawl takes the same skill as melee, lolol I think not. Of course the pros will be better but the noobs have a better chance at beating me at brawl than they would at melee.
Post Merge: April 23, 2012, 07:55:22 PM
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on April 23, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
Yes you can. You just need to have Homebrew. It's just like any other mod. Just put the texture in the specified folder.
So it wont mess up my friends project M if i download a texture lets say for example a texture for captain falcon, I go into the fighter folder then find or make a captain falcon folder and put the texture in there and it should work.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
Um I don't know why your assuming I'm bad at the game because I'd probably beat most of you.
You insult my skills and then you...
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
My friend taught me how to get good at ssb and yes he has been to tournaments around were I live for money. I havn't because I don't have a wii
point out you were just "taught" how to be "good" by your friend (What's his name again? I wonder if he has ranked good) and you don't even attend tourneys because you don't own a Wii? You really are confident
Seems legit.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PMNo I don't go to tournaments because I'm a xbox player,[unelatedtrash] Was Top ranked In GOW3 before I quit playing and I'm one of the best in THE WORLD at ARMORED CORE. And YES IVE BEEN TO TOURNEMENTS AND PLAYED IN THEM FOR XBOX.
Here is me in the last armored core tournament my gt IS G lL O C IK 19
ACFA LR Tournament - Round III (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALK-_Q6Vvs#ws)[/unrelatedtrash]
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
I'm a competitive gamer, I know if a game is worst then the one before it.
Oh hey, I'm a competitive gamer, too! And... You know, it doesn't takes a competitive gamer to realize which was more complex. But, regardless, I'm not arguing about this, I'm just arguing, buddy, that you claimed Brawl was a noob game and melee was the only competitive one, not this.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
Even my friend will agree that melee takes more skill than brawl, Project M brought back the techniques that the pros use, KEN AND ISAI oh maybe you don't play competitively but some people like myself do.
Even your friend agrees? Then it must be true.
Regardless, I'll point this out again, "buddy, you claimed Brawl was a noob game and melee was the only competitive one, not this."
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
I never bashed the game, I gave my opinion, if you don't like my opinion then this thread should say NO BAD OPINIONS. I'm telling facts if I spoke a lie do point that out.
You didn't give an opinion, you ranted at how anyone can pick a controller and beat you and for that the game wasn't competitive. Rant =/= Opinion.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
AND HOW ISNT IT NOOB FRIENDLY LOLOL, you mean to tell me that brawl takes the same skill as melee, lolol I think not. Of course the pros will be better but the noobs have a better chance at beating me at brawl than they would at melee.
So just because Melee had more glitchs for people to take advantage of makes Brawl be noob friendly? And, I'll use it again! "buddy, you claimed Brawl was a noob game and melee was the only competitive one, not this."
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
So it wont mess up my friends project M if i download a texture lets say for example a texture for captain falcon, I go into the fighter folder then find or make a captain falcon folder and put the texture in there and it should work.
This is not the thread for ask for this, use this (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=43650.msg890034#new) thread you made or make a new one on the Help section.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
So it wont mess up my friends project M if i download a texture lets say for example a texture for captain falcon, I go into the fighter folder then find or make a captain falcon folder and put the texture in there and it should work.
Right. I have a PSA I'm working on with the Project M set.
Ugh, finally, a tourney[censored] enters the thread.
I don't understand why people feel the need to boast about how good they are at video games. Do they think we care?
Because we don't.
Just enjoy the game for what it is, no need to go bashing on others because they're "noobs."
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on April 23, 2012, 08:01:21 PM
Ugh, finally, a tourney[censored] enters the thread.
I don't understand why people feel the need to boast about how good they are at video games. Do they think we care?
Because we don't.
Just enjoy the game for what it is, no need to go bashing on others because they're "noobs."
He's not even a tourney[censored] to begin with, which makes it more stupid, as he's criticizing the game so badly without even dealing against good players.
Quote from: Albafika on April 23, 2012, 08:04:29 PM
He's not even a tourney[censored] to begin with, which makes it more stupid, as he's criticizing the game so badly without even dealing against good players.
Oh? Then that's even worse.
Well, it was only a matter of time before this conversation got started here, but it might be better to end it to avoid this topic getting locked.
Post feedback on the mod, stop bashing on the game.
Quote from: Albafika on April 23, 2012, 07:56:56 PM
You insult my skills and then you...point out you were just "taught" how to be "good" by your friend (What's his name again? I wonder if he has ranked good) and you don't even attend tourneys because you don't own a Wii? You really are confident
Seems legit.
Oh hey, I'm a competitive gamer, too! And... You know, it doesn't takes a competitive gamer to realize which was more complex. But, regardless, I'm not arguing about this, I'm just arguing, buddy, that you claimed Brawl was a noob game and melee was the only competitive one, not this.Even your friend agrees? Then it must be true.
Regardless, I'll point this out again, "buddy, you claimed Brawl was a noob game and melee was the only competitive one, not this."You didn't give an opinion, you ranted at how anyone can pick a controller and beat you and for that the game wasn't competitive. Rant =/= Opinion.So just because Melee had more glitchs for people to take advantage of makes Brawl be noob friendly? And, I'll use it again! "buddy, you claimed Brawl was a noob game and melee was the only competitive one, not this."This is not the thread for ask for this, use this (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=43650.msg890034#new) thread you made or make a new one on the Help section.
Quit twisting my words around like a little kid, this is why I play xbox because there are too many immature people like you on wii. I said BRAWL IS NOOB FRIENDLY, lets say those words again so you dont twist this around NOOB FRIENDLY, I didnt say brawl is A NOOB GAME, i said NOOB FRIENDLY if you play games than you would know what that means.
Just answer this question and we should be done.
WHICH WOULD BE MORE LIKELY
A noobie winning a match against someone thats good on melee
or a noobie winning a match against someone on brawl?
Brawl is more NOOB FRIENDLY,
Just like GOW3 IS MORE NOOB FRIENDLY BECAUSE OF THE SAWED OFF SHOTGUN
Ranked? I said i dont have a wii. Do you see the pro ssb players on top ranked, Most of them just play tournaments they dont stay up 24/7 playing ranked some of them actually have crap to do.
You got wii online, can you find people to play on wii, because if you wanna play ill tell my friend to come down and ill play you and put it on youtube.
Oh and dashing and crap aint glitches lololol
Its built in the game, its just dodging on the ground its not a glitch, a glitch would be like going through the ground, or shooting invisible weapons, built in mechanics arnt glicthes.
Post Merge: April 23, 2012, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on April 23, 2012, 08:07:25 PM
Oh? Then that's even worse.
Well, it was only a matter of time before this conversation got started here, but it might be better to end it to avoid this topic getting locked.
Post feedback on the mod, stop bashing on the game.
I WANT YOU LITTLE BOYS TO PLAY ME THEN WELL SEE WHO KNOWS WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT, i have videos on youtube of xbox tourneys , just because i dont go to wii tournys dont mean ill wreck you at the game, lolololol PLAY ME
^ A wild fighter has appeared!
Stop acting so superior than everyone.
There is always a person who is better than you at a game.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 08:11:41 PM
I WANT YOU LITTLE BOYS TO PLAY ME THEN WELL SEE WHO KNOWS WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT, i have videos on youtube of xbox tourneys , just because i dont go to wii tournys dont mean ill wreck you at the game, lolololol PLAY ME
You're getting quite off topic. If you wish to show our lovely community just how exquisitely your ravishing gaming talent translates to SSBB, then please use this board (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=7.0). I would very much like to partake in a test of skills with a gentleman like yourself.
Yes please back up your words elsewhere or please, zip it, lock it, and put it in your pocket, and out of this thread.
Stay tuned for the demo 2 patch this week!
This conversation is going absolutely nowhere. And it'd better stop soon.
I am pretty sure no one gives a rat's ass about the skill level of the users posting here. Nor does it have anything to do with this thread.
Project: M is a mechanics and moveset alteration to bring SSBB closer to SSBM. Trying to derail actual feedback on this project into a stupid debate about competitive/casual gameplay is not only off-topic, but also completely counter-productive and almost akin to trolling.
So, as I said, this'd better stop before I lock the thread and sanctions start flying around.
I actually have a slight question. Is the Project M community planning on giving the individual Pokemon their own Final Smashes? And I was hoping they would consider changing Jigglypuff's Final Smash. But I'm really liking Project M so far. It's very fast paced, which I like.
I don't think they're going to bother with Final Smashes, that falls into the "item" category.
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 23, 2012, 09:00:57 PM
I don't think they're going to bother with Final Smashes, that falls into the "item" category.
Yeah, probably not. At least not in the beta stages. Or even in the near final stages of development.
But... For this to be a "complete" game, they should hex items to be weaker, and balance final smashes... Er, as much as they can anyway.
Still though, it's highly unlikely they will alter items, or even fix glaring freezes with them.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14372713&postcount=63672 (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14372713&postcount=63672)
Please read it.
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 23, 2012, 09:00:57 PM
I don't think they're going to bother with Final Smashes, that falls into the "item" category.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on April 23, 2012, 09:14:24 PM
Yeah, probably not. At least not in the beta stages. Or even in the near final stages of development.
But... For this to be a "complete" game, they should hex items to be weaker, and balance final smashes... Er, as much as they can anyway.
Still though, it's highly unlikely they will alter items, or even fix glaring freezes with them.
Quote from: EternalYoshiI can handle this myself later in development, when I balance and/or Meleeify the items.
Later in development we will definitely consider altering items. We're not as closed minded as you guys may think we are :P As for Final Smashes I'd personally love to edit a bunch of them. Toon Link springs to mind straight away. Bugs me how his Final Smash is a worse version of Link's when it could be something actually really cool/funny referencing his various games.
However, this wouldn't be for a good long time. There are still a load more important things to do.
Lol :ninja'd:
Yes, new Final Smashes would be great, though I understand it isn't priority #1.
I'd defintitely like to see Toon Link, Wolf, and maybe Lucas get something unique.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 23, 2012, 09:30:35 PM
Later in development we will definitely consider altering items. We're not as closed minded as you guys may think we are :P As for Final Smashes I'd personally love to edit a bunch of them. Toon Link springs to mind straight away. Bugs me how his Final Smash is a worse version of Link's when it could be something actually really cool/funny referencing his various games.
However, this wouldn't be for a good long time. There are still a load more important things to do.
Lol :ninja'd:
Oh, my mistake. :P
That's really good to hear. Items need love too. Since they are kinda... Too wonky in Brawl for my liking, like Pokeballs, more then half of the time, you get Munchlax, or Goldeens... In a way, they get WAY overshadowed by Death in a Can™... I mean Assist Trophies. There should be balance between the two, less useless Pokemon, and less killer Assist Trophies. And maybe if possible, making Manaphy more common, that was a interesting idea they wasted by making far too rare.
Project M [TAS] - Ike Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKbv-Qt6csI#ws)
Quickie TAS gogogo
Glad to hear about the side-item projects. I'm looking forward to the completion of P:M to see just how it meshes with the single player segments (Darn limited SSE character selection).
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 24, 2012, 12:59:24 AM
Project M [TAS] - Ike Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKbv-Qt6csI#ws)
Quickie TAS gogogo
The QDWJ at the end got me.
Not that the rest wasn't impressive
It's the best thing to come out of brawl hacking since you can customize it with stuff from Brawl vault and pretty much play with the Melee engine.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 24, 2012, 12:59:24 AM
Project M [TAS] - Ike Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKbv-Qt6csI#ws)
Quickie TAS gogogo
I thought MURDER wasn't allowed on youtube?
Random announcement but P:M now has over 33,000 downloads. Just to put that into perspective, it took P:M around 3 weeks to gain more downloads than the Shadow hack that's been around for over 2 years. Crazy shiz.
Oh and this: Project M [TAS] - Sonic Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj3uoZPuazk#ws)
Congrats on 33k downloads!
Also, I finally got to try P:M the other day, and I enjoyed it. I was honestly disappointed with how Falco plays, I guess I'm just not some uber tourney guy or whatever because I couldn't play him. /:
Lucario was also tough to play as, but I think it's just a tough change to get used to.
However... I absolutely, 100% LOVE how Charizard plays. I'm not sure why, but it feels so rewarding to play as him. Bowser is also much more enjoyable to play as, mostly because of the Super Armor since it actually makes it possible to win with him. :af:
The heavier characters are much more enjoyable to play as in general.
I also love how ROB plays, I love flying around the stage using his Side B. XD
Yeah, lotsa fun.
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on May 08, 2012, 08:15:05 PM
However... I absolutely, 100% LOVE how Charizard plays. I'm not sure why, but it feels so rewarding to play as him.
I know. I love Project M Charizard too. =D
. . .
But there are some problems though...
All of the .brstms included in the download are all loud static. I fixed this by downloading the .brstms from CustomBrawlMusic. And also when R.O.B. tries to use his Final Smash, the game freezes.
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 08, 2012, 08:35:40 PM
I know. I love Project M Charizard too. =D
. . .
But there are some problems though...
All of the .brstms included in the download are all loud static. I fixed this by downloading the .brstms from CustomBrawlMusic. And also when R.O.B. tries to use his Final Smash, the game freezes.
Have you defragmented your SD card? I get that all the time and not just with the P:M codeset. Defragment it so that it optimises your SD for the brstms. And the R.O.B. freeze is known and being fixed I believe.
Awesome Sonic Combo video and congrats on 33k downloads guys.
Having spent more time with the demo, I will express some minor feeling of "Too bad their aiming for melee 2.0" with some of the characters. It'd be neat to see Fox or Falco with a few new moves too (I am well aware that this is not in the cards in anyway, shape, or form).
So, attempting to play through SSE:M and I'm curious if this happens to anyone else or not. For starters, anytime a non-demo2 character is playable (with the exception of Kirby and Squirtle), I play as Mario. Not a problem right?
But then my SSE CSS is limited to only the first character listed in any given team. When all characters are together, I can only choose Mario, Link, and DK. Does that happen to everyone or is it just me?
My only complaint is that I have finals this week and I serious have an addiction... people laugh... but no, seriously.. .I should be studying and I'm taking hits of texture hacks.... yeeeaaahhh feels so goood... oh god, what is going to happen to my life? I can't put down the controller... wait how the hell am I typing with my controller in my hand... when the hell did my controller get in my hand?!... HELLLLP!
Quote from: Shun_One on May 08, 2012, 08:50:23 PM
Awesome Sonic Combo video and congrats on 33k downloads guys.
Having spent more time with the demo, I will express some minor feeling of "Too bad their aiming for melee 2.0" with some of the characters. It'd be neat to see Fox or Falco with a few new moves too (I am well aware that this is not in the cards in anyway, shape, or form).
So, attempting to play through SSE:M and I'm curious if this happens to anyone else or not. For starters, anytime a non-demo2 character is playable (with the exception of Kirby and Squirtle), I play as Mario. Not a problem right?
But then my SSE CSS is limited to only the first character listed in any given team. When all characters are together, I can only choose Mario, Link, and DK. Does that happen to everyone or is it just me?
idk about the first problem, but hte send one happens to me. I laoded it up and went to the end to pick pit adn luicairo adn ppls, but its just mario kirby and link
So, how does Project M compare with Minus? Because I'm already using Minus, I'm not really hyped about P:M. I've never played any fighters besides Brawl. I'm not a great Brawl player either. I don't know any advanced techniques or big combos. It would take a huge difference for me to notice any changes. Because of this, I don't know if P:M would be too noticeably different from ordinary Brawl or Brawl Minus for someone like me. What do u guys think about this?
Quote from: FaIIenKing on May 08, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
So, how does Project M compare with Minus? Because I'm already using Minus, I'm not really hyped about P:M. I've never played any fighters besides Brawl. I'm not a great Brawl player either. I don't know any advanced techniques or big combos. It would take a huge difference for me to notice any changes. Because of this, I don't know if P:M would be too noticeably different from ordinary Brawl or Brawl Minus for someone like me. What do u guys think about this?
Give it a try. Several characters have plenty of new moves for you to have fun with. For biggest impact, choose Charizard, Lucario, Toon Link, Wolf, or Sonic. They have new moves that will be apparent to you as soon as you start playing.
Even if you don't stick with it, at least you can say you gave it a try. Just back up your B- stuff on your desktop first.
Yeah, that's what I was gonna do. I don't wanna bother downloading a demo though. Any word on when the full thing comes out? It's been in development for what, 1-2 years now?
Is there any chance double jump cancelling with Ness will be made to work with X or Y? It's impossible to take full advantage of it having to tap the control stick twice.
Quote from: FaIIenKing on May 09, 2012, 02:03:09 AM
Yeah, that's what I was gonna do. I don't wanna bother downloading a demo though. Any word on when the full thing comes out? It's been in development for what, 1-2 years now?
Yeah, I wouldn't expect a final version for a while yet. To be fair though, this demo is only missing about 10 characters, so that's a good sign.
Quote from: JirachiMaster on May 09, 2012, 02:10:55 PM
Is there any chance double jump cancelling with Ness will be made to work with X or Y? It's impossible to take full advantage of it having to tap the control stick twice.
You mean...it doesn't? I'm pretty sure I only DJC with Ness using the X and Y buttons.
Quote from: FaIIenKing on May 09, 2012, 02:03:09 AM
Yeah, that's what I was gonna do. I don't wanna bother downloading a demo though. Any word on when the full thing comes out? It's been in development for what, 1-2 years now?
Except ironically enough the demo is more polished than every Brawl mod and has more characters than Melee does.
Quote from: Shun_One on May 09, 2012, 02:38:18 PMYou mean...it doesn't? I'm pretty sure I only DJC with Ness using the X and Y buttons.
Yeah that works, but it needs to work in combination with the control stick, for the sake of using it to attack from ground level. (Such as Up+Y+bair) For example, pressing X-X-attack or Y-Y-attack works properly, but tapping Up+X/Y+attack does nothing, he double jumps during the attack.
Quote from: JirachiMaster on May 10, 2012, 04:03:46 AM
Yeah that works, but it needs to work in combination with the control stick, for the sake of using it to attack from ground level. (Such as Up+Y+bair) For example, pressing X-X-attack or Y-Y-attack works properly, but tapping Up+X/Y+attack does nothing, he double jumps during the attack.
Ah, that's what you meant. In which case, I agree it should work. Hopefully the team can get it to at some point along the line.
Honestly, the way I got into this mod way back when was pure boredom. Formatted my extra SD and popped the sucker in. Haven't stopped since. There's still plenty of things that need to be worked on, but just the idea of a game designed with balance and competitive play in mind makes me hard.
Those two videos just make the game look like MvC :/
Whatever floats people's boats.
Quote from: Haseyo on May 10, 2012, 12:54:20 PM
Those two videos just make the game look like MvC :/
Whatever floats people's boats.
Someone doesn't know what a TAS is. r)
I certainly don't know whats TAS.
But im guessing its a person who does the craziest combos.
Quote from: -Hero- on May 10, 2012, 02:31:44 PM
I certainly don't know whats TAS.
But im guessing its a person who does the craziest combos.
T=Tool A=Assisted S=Super-play
Normally using an emulator and save-states, and slow-motion gameplay to pull off actions that are nigh impossible to do for a human during normal game-play. In other words, you've got to be pin-point accurate to pull off any of this stuff
As if that stopped anyone in Melee. I stand by what I said.
here is an example of tas
[SSBB]Part0.84[TAS] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6qmRK7sTU#)
Quote from: Albafika on May 10, 2012, 03:05:44 PM
Okay, stand by your baseless claim. At least now you aren't standing by it based on full ignorance anymore, just on ignorance.
You really think people can't execute that fast nowdays? I've seen regular Brawl fights with people never leaving the ground. Cancelling and hitstun will just make it more ridiculous.
I have nothing against this project. Knock yourselves out. I simply said it looks like MvC. Never said I hate MvC.
Happened across this on pixiv:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=26577819 (http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=26577819)
And the image for those without an account:
(http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o573/ShunOne/pmpreviewjapan.jpg)
Pretty cool, me thinks.
Oh man, that Engrish is so... ugh.
I commend their efforts, but wouldn't it be better to just have it in their native japanese language?
Deergod that looks like straight Google Translate.
Reminds me of this:
(http://explosm.net/db/files/Comics/guest6/CRW_jay_a_reaction.png)
Quote from: Shun_One on May 10, 2012, 02:36:42 PMT=Tool A=Assisted S=Super-play Normally using an emulator and save-states, and slow-motion gameplay to pull off actions that are nigh impossible to do for a human during normal game-play. In other words, you've got to be pin-point accurate to pull off any of this stuff
Don't you mean T=Tool A=Assisted S=Speedrun?
Quote from: JirachiMaster on May 11, 2012, 12:12:00 AM
Don't you mean T=Tool A=Assisted S=Speedrun?
Not in the case of a fighting game video specifically to show-case some combo's that you literally have to have 1-frame accuracy to pull off. At least, that's what the Smash and Street Fighter videos defined the term as.
I am aware of the speed-run definition however.
There's one thing I dislike about this thread: whenever someone says something negative they get flamed :L Out of everything said it seems only the pro and con list I posted waay back didn't get bashed XD
Guys, chill.. Brawl isn't a perfect game and neither is Melee or any other game. Project M will never be perfect so ofc there'll be people that dislike it (I don't dislike it, I just don't really like it :L)
Anyway: I kinda like the odd spelling and grammar, makes it seem like what Nintendo will be doing in the future when they realize translators cost money and google does it for free... Heh, Nintendo only cares about money and not gamers pun :3
Quote from: Shun_One on May 11, 2012, 01:05:22 AMNot in the case of a fighting game video specifically to show-case some combo's that you literally have to have 1-frame accuracy to pull off. At least, that's what the Smash and Street Fighter videos defined the term as. I am aware of the speed-run definition however.
Oh, sorry... Didn't know that. o__o
Things in Project: M's codeset I hate:
1. I can't run and press A to get an item. I have to actually stop to get it now.
2. I hate that when you try to press Z-side sometimes it does work and you end up only shielding instead of dodging.
3. Lastly, I hate that you can't press anything sometimes when you get combo'd in the air. It makes it so you can't even 'comeback'. If you're up against someone who can combo well and for a while(like me) you end up getting a bunch of damage or even dying when you can't try your fullest.
#3 is my friend's problem. It'd be nice if I could remove these somehow.
Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
3. Lastly, I hate that you can't press anything sometimes when you get combo'd in the air. It makes it so you can't even 'comeback'. If you're up against someone who can combo well and for a while(like me) you end up getting a bunch of damage or even dying when you can't try your fullest.
#3 is my friend's problem. It'd be nice if I could remove these somehow.
That's easily removed, all you have to do is this.
Quote from: IsaiDon't get hit.
Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
Things in Project: M's codeset I hate:
1. I can't run and press A to get an item. I have to actually stop to get it now.
Tbh that didn't really make sense in the first place. How do you pick up an item whilst doing an attack? Same applies to the air. Not to mention it means that you have to be a little more careful if you want to get an item. Items are very powerful if used correctly.
Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
2. I hate that when you try to press Z-side sometimes it does work and you end up only shielding instead of dodging.
Then use L/R (assuming you're using a GC controller). They're much more natural to use anyway since they're larger and in more of a position for the index fingers.
Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
3. Lastly, I hate that you can't press anything sometimes when you get combo'd in the air. It makes it so you can't even 'comeback'. If you're up against someone who can combo well and for a while(like me) you end up getting a bunch of damage or even dying when you can't try your fullest.
#3 is my friend's problem. It'd be nice if I could remove these somehow.
That's called hitstun, it only makes the game better. Smash at its core is a fighting game. An unorthodox one, but a fighting game nonetheless with party game elements. As a result combos should be present. You can't pull off combos without proper hitstun as Brawl so kindly demonstrates. The lack of hitstun (amongst various other factors) also means matches tend to drag on for longer, as it's much easier to recover in Brawl and a match that drags because a character refuses to die because they can get out of hitstun and momentum cancel brings tedium. Brawl is undeniably a slower paced and more defensively inclined game compared to Melee. We're trying to make it more offensive again.
Alternatively, you're friend can just learn to DI and crouch cancel. There are ways good players can try to evade combos. You're never completely helpless in Smash. It just takes skill and good judgement.
Quote from: Alses on May 11, 2012, 02:14:15 AM
There's one thing I dislike about this thread: whenever someone says something negative they get flamed :L Out of everything said it seems only the pro and con list I posted waay back didn't get bashed XD
Guys, chill.. Brawl isn't a perfect game and neither is Melee or any other game. Project M will never be perfect so ofc there'll be people that dislike it (I don't dislike it, I just don't really like it :L)
Nobody is flaming anyone. Merely refuting and enlightening.
Project M [TAS] - Lucas Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOdcF_bOrvs#ws)
It's another TAS. This time with Lucas.
Quote from: Haseyo on May 10, 2012, 04:58:35 PM
You really think people can't execute that fast nowdays? I've seen regular Brawl fights with people never leaving the ground. Cancelling and hitstun will just make it more ridiculous.
I have nothing against this project. Knock yourselves out. I simply said it looks like MvC. Never said I hate MvC.
Lolwow.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 18, 2012, 09:01:32 PM
Tbh that didn't really make sense in the first place. How do you pick up an item whilst doing an attack? Same applies to the air. Not to mention it means that you have to be a little more careful if you want to get an item. Items are very powerful if used correctly.
Then use L/R (assuming you're using a GC controller). They're much more natural to use anyway since they're larger and in more of a position for the index fingers.
That's called hitstun, it only makes the game better. Smash at its core is a fighting game. An unorthodox one, but a fighting game nonetheless with party game elements. As a result combos should be present. You can't pull off combos without proper hitstun as Brawl so kindly demonstrates. The lack of hitstun (amongst various other factors) also means matches tend to drag on for longer, as it's much easier to recover in Brawl and a match that drags because a character refuses to die because they can get out of hitstun and momentum cancel brings tedium. Brawl is undeniably a slower paced and more defensively inclined game compared to Melee. We're trying to make it more offensive again.
Alternatively, you're friend can just learn to DI and crouch cancel. There are ways good players can try to evade combos. You're never completely helpless in Smash. It just takes skill and good judgement.
@1-In vBrawl I was able to run then press A and get an item (doing 'DashAttack'). I've noticed in Project: M you can't do this. You just go right past it.
@2-I'm talking about using a Nunchuk and Wii Remote. If I were to use a GC Controller I never press Z to shield or dodge(I use Z for grabbing obv).
@3-Well, that is his problem. I never really have that problem cuz I know how to handle things. I could just let him read what you type for #3. I forgot about hitstun now that I think about it.
-----------------------
Thanks for replying SDo0m.
Thoughts about #2's Nunchuk w/ Wii Remote use?
Before it usually would always work in vBrawl but in P:M. It doesn't apply.
Wow im suprised of all the comments, I dont get how this is even an arguement, Project M craps on brawl, if I had to pick between regular brawl over project M at gamestop I would definitly buy project M, wow project M is just so much better than brawl i dont even see how people are arguing over it, simple I put the game in and all the old techniques from melee are back and you can now move quicker and do better combos, other crap to but forreal I wish everyone would just shut up, at the end of the day, project M is better than regular brawl, And some of you guys complain about stuff and glitches on project M that never happened to me yet so I dont see the problem.
Melee > Brawl
Melee + Brawl = Project M
Theres your answer project M is better than brawl
Post Merge: May 18, 2012, 10:20:55 PM
Oh not to mention that me and numerous friends who played ssb competitively stopped playing crappy brawl for a reason, it wasnt like melee it was worst besides graphics.
once project M came out we played it like everyday and even had some tournaments, project M brought crappy brawl back to life in my opinion
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 18, 2012, 09:10:08 PM
Project M [TAS] - Lucas Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOdcF_bOrvs#ws)
It's another TAS. This time with Lucas.
:srs:
Beast.
ICEN, I have a small suggestion:
Could you please consider including the "I think that..." expression in your vocabulary? Being affirmative all the time sure makes you sound very tough and determined and all, but Project M is still a Work In Progress. Any and all criticism toward the Project will be more helpful to the developpers than just just blindly crapping on vBrawl. Not to mention, I don't really think anyone really cares about how much you dislike vBrawl and idolize Melee. No offense.
I'm trying to say that as politely as possible, but being insulting towards vBrawl when a bunch of people in this community still appreciate playing it isn't going to get you far, and will most likely direct anger towards you.
I'm sure your input and criticism can be of much value, since you've been playing the game so much.
And that kind of applies to everyone here, actually. Giving your input and feedback (like what SmashClash just did) is very important in here, instead of telling us which of P:M or vBrawl you hate the most. The former is helpful, while the latter only stirs up drama and shows a sort of narrow-mindedness.
Thank you for your attention.
Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 09:15:51 PM
@1-In vBrawl I was able to run then press A and get an item (doing 'DashAttack'). I've noticed in Project: M you can't do this. You just go right past it.
@2-I'm talking about using a Nunchuk and Wii Remote. If I were to use a GC Controller I never press Z to shield or dodge(I use Z for grabbing obv).
@3-Well, that is his problem. I never really have that problem cuz I know how to handle things. I could just let him read what you type for #3. I forgot about hitstun now that I think about it.
-----------------------
Thanks for replying SDo0m.
Thoughts about #2's Nunchuk w/ Wii Remote use?
Before it usually would always work in vBrawl but in P:M. It doesn't apply.
1) I know, but what I was getting at was that it doesn't really make sense anyway even in vBrawl hence why I believe we removed it.
2) Ah fair enough. Not sure what the problem is there. Apparently there have been a couple of funky issues regarding Wiimote setups. Dunno why.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 18, 2012, 11:04:29 PM
1) I know, but what I was getting at was that it doesn't really make sense anyway even in vBrawl hence why I believe we removed it.
2) Ah fair enough. Not sure what the problem is there. Apparently there have been a couple of funky issues regarding Wiimote setups. Dunno why.
@1- Well, I just like it. I can use it to my advantage.
@2- Oh well.
Also it can disrupt combos and such since when you grab items, your Fsmash, ftilt, and jab are changed and you also cannot grab, mostly not for the better. And don't get me started on Hammers.
Items tend to fall very low and at random spots, which makes it infeasible to predict where it will be. What can happen is that an item will spawn in front of you and you'll end up grabbing it, whether you like it or not since it spawned after you make your input.
In other news, I can make Capsules and carrier items NOT explode. Ever. Anyone wants to see that, make your voice heard.
I can also make ALL item spawn points obscenely high if you guys want. Once again, make your voice heard.
is there a way to make vbrawl's charizard have the same up grab as project m's
Quote from: Miacis on May 18, 2012, 10:44:25 PM
ICEN, I have a small suggestion:
Could you please consider including the "I think that..." expression in your vocabulary? Being affirmative all the time sure makes you sound very tough and determined and all, but Project M is still a Work In Progress. Any and all criticism toward the Project will be more helpful to the developpers than just just blindly crapping on vBrawl. Not to mention, I don't really think anyone really cares about how much you dislike vBrawl and idolize Melee. No offense.
I'm trying to say that as politely as possible, but being insulting towards vBrawl when a bunch of people in this community still appreciate playing it isn't going to get you far, and will most likely direct anger towards you.
I'm sure your input and criticism can be of much value, since you've been playing the game so much.
And that kind of applies to everyone here, actually. Giving your input and feedback (like what SmashClash just did) is very important in here, instead of telling us which of P:M or vBrawl you hate the most. The former is helpful, while the latter only stirs up drama and shows a sort of narrow-mindedness.
Thank you for your attention.
You do realize that brawl is just a video game right, not to sound like a [censored] but you guys get mad if I say brawl is worst then project m like brawl is a human being its just a game.
I know maybe there are some things that needed to be fix but it all comes down to one simple thing, put the game in and play it, do you like it or do you not. When I played it I liked it not because it was more like melee or more like brawl but because it was a mixture of both.
When I say brawl is bad im not meaning that literally of course brawl is good but I think if brawl keep the same graphics and everything but just had the fighting system that melee did it would have sold more.
Its like Gears of war 1, gears of war 2 and gears of war 3
I played all of them and played them non stop so when i say gears of war 1 was worst i dont mean IT WAS THE WORST GAME EVER, im just saying that the other or newer gears of war is better than the old one.
Of course brawl was good but if project M was complete in every way shape or form i think in MY OPINION it would be better.
When I played brawl it just felt to slow with the movements and everything.
I like games that have specail things that allow you to get better.
if you guys dont play other systems you wont know what i mean lol
gears of war, you can wallbounce, strafe, and do many things to GET BETTER
call of duty, you can increase sensitivity and other stuff to GET BETTER than other players who dont play on a high sensitivity
On melee you could wave dash L cancel moon walk and tons of other stuff to GET BETTER than the player who doesnt put in time to perfect those techniques
on brawl they took those out so now I dont have many techniques to learn to get BETTER than someone else
the only way to get better on brawl is to fight smart where as on melee you fight smart but you get all of those extra techniques to master and to learn to get better other than just the fighting part of things
is brawl bad no,
is melee bad no
is project m bad no
Im not saying one is bad
im saying i like ONE over the OTHER
Imagine this
its 2014 and gamestop is releasing two new nitendo games
one is called SSB BRAWL 2
the other is called SSB MELEE 2
If i seen that everybody that I know in real life would probably go with MELEE 2 especailly if the graphics are good and there are new characters, think about it there would be no reason to pick brawl because brawl takes out techniques, where as melee you do the same thing as you can on brawl but you get more techniques so i dont see how brawl would benifit you/
You guys need to realize one thing
Im not BASHING PEOPLE
Im bashing a video game, its a game, the video game SSBB DOES NOT HAVE FEELINGS
if i say halo is bad then halo doesnt cry
If i bash somebody or their post then i would see your point because they have feelings but if im bashing a game does it matter its not like brawl has feelings
At the end of the day you guys like what you like and me and my friends like what we like
btw im not trying to act tough, im not trying to sound like a [censored] either it only comes out sounding like that because when you read my post you decide how the words sound, maybe you guys think im yelling on this post
when i text it seems regular voiced because im the one typing the words so i know how there ment to be understood.
:)
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 18, 2012, 09:10:08 PM
Project M [TAS] - Lucas Combo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOdcF_bOrvs#ws)
It's another TAS. This time with Lucas.
That was actually more fun to watch than all of the others.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 18, 2012, 11:18:51 PM
In other news, I can make Capsules and carrier items NOT explode. Ever. Anyone wants to see that, make your voice heard.
Do this.They always explode on me. Always. And I always die. Always.
As for making them spawn higher, sure. I think it'd be pretty cool.
Quote from: ICEN on May 19, 2012, 03:21:29 AM
tl;dr
People don't get mad because you're bashing a game, they get mad because you're so smug and presumptuous about it. You act like everything you say is a fact.
And it obviously isn't.
Typing in all caps doesn't help either.
Good day.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 18, 2012, 11:18:51 PM
In other news, I can make Capsules and carrier items NOT explode. Ever. Anyone wants to see that, make your voice heard.
That would be cool. I can't tell you how many times I go to grab a capsule and accidentally do a dash attack and blow myself to oblivion. :[
Would it be possible to get rid of dud Smart Bombs as well? It's the trolliest thing when you throw one at an opponent and it basically flies right through them.
Capsules not exploding? That... Would be GREAT! That would make items more fun, and not as random.
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on May 19, 2012, 03:49:03 AM
People don't get mad because you're bashing a game, they get mad because you're so smug and presumptuous about it. You act like everything you say is a fact.
And it obviously isn't.
Typing in all caps doesn't help either.
Good day.
That would be cool. I can't tell you how many times I go to grab a capsule and accidentally do a dash attack and blow myself to oblivion. :[
Would it be possible to get rid of dud Smart Bombs as well? It's the trolliest thing when you throw one at an opponent and it basically flies right through them.
Um everything I said was fact, or was I lying about no dashing L cancling and other crap in brawl.
Maybe you should put your brawl in and try wave dashing because you cant, looks like fact to me.
Quote from: ICEN on May 19, 2012, 04:31:01 AM
Um everything I said was fact
Quote from: ICEN on May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PM
Project M craps on brawl
Quote from: ICEN on May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PMwow project M is just so much better than brawl
Quote from: ICEN on May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PMproject M is better than regular brawl
Quote from: ICEN on May 18, 2012, 10:18:33 PMMelee > Brawl
Melee + Brawl = Project M
Theres your answer project M is better than brawl
All facts? Or opinions?
There's a difference. But I don't think you're aware of that.
Quote from: ICEN on May 19, 2012, 04:31:01 AM
Um everything I said was fact, or was I lying about no dashing L cancling and other crap in brawl.
Maybe you should put your brawl in and try wave dashing because you cant, looks like fact to me.
Okay, listen, fact master. I don't care if what you said are facts or not, just don't add insults in-between, as that [censored] will cause what is happening
right about now, which is, random havoc. Either watch your manners when posting your "facts" and respect others' "fact-less posts" or don't post at all, be it "facts" of life or not. You've been warned.
. . . The last pages have become off topic and rather pathetic :srs:
Kills my mood to lurk D: So.. If anyone needs I'll be in the serious discussions board :P
PS: What's planned to be done by the third demo?
Quote from: Alses on May 19, 2012, 07:52:29 AM
PS: What's planned to be done by the third demo?
All I can say is "a lot of stuff". Since Demo 2 only came out a month ago, Demo 3 won't be for a looooong time. But I will say that there's going to be some stuff that may blow people's minds.
However, what I can say is that we'll be releasing a patch for Demo 2 (Demo 2.1 if you may) fairly soon which fixes numerous glitches in Demo 2, as well as a couple of cool surprises.
On a side note, we've reached 40,000 downloads ;D
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/23/super-smash-bros-brawl-project-m-skyloft-stage (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/23/super-smash-bros-brawl-project-m-skyloft-stage)
Where...is...this...STAGE?! :srs:
Quote from: -Hero- on May 24, 2012, 04:37:47 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/23/super-smash-bros-brawl-project-m-skyloft-stage (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/23/super-smash-bros-brawl-project-m-skyloft-stage)
Where...is...this...STAGE?! :srs:
I recall a member named SOJ released an unfinished version of a Skyloft Stage and M22K offered to fix some transparency things so.... maybe that's it?
I dunno, but I want it. :O
Ah yes, i checked his thread and forgot he was working on it.
I gotta say though, it came out GREAT.
Quote from: -Hero- on May 24, 2012, 04:48:31 AM
I gotta say though, it came out GREAT.
Absolutely. I have yet to play Skyward Sword myself (have it sitting up in my closet) but I love how the stage turned out. I especially like the Loftwing animations. XD
The patch is out guys. Later Days I'm going to sleep now.
And just to confirm: Yes the stage is in Demo 2.1. Which is released. Go now.
For all the info on the patch (demo 2.1) see here:
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4352 (http://www.smashmods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4352)
Video of the revamped Temple:M Skyloft stage:
Skyloft [Project:M] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc3juYTm9tU#)
I honestly like brawl the way it is, better than melee. Melee was really fun and I never really lost, but It isn't as fun as brawl when I know I don't have to be faster than my opponent (which I generally am), but just have to be -better- than them.
But kudos to people who are making brawl fun for themselves, do what you enjoy.
Oh it is in 2.1? Yessssssss. I'm excited.
Congrats on amassing 40k downloads, by the way. I only just caught that, so I'm a bit late. XD
So uhh! Hiya! Kinda dropping in to leave my thoughts and stuff. Oh, and sorry ICEN. I didn't really read your rant there. But I'm sure it wasn't directed at me, so I'll leave you and whoever that's for to read it...
Anyways, I gotta say, I LOVE Project M! Me and my friend sat down and played a good few hours the other day, and the changes are really fun! As far as each SSB has gone, I've always liked them for their own merits. But being able to see a giant-scale project like this come SO FAR is awesome! Being able to play with Brawl characters in a Melee syle on N64 stages is exactly what I envisioned from even before Project M was announced! It's a dream come true!
As for as the characters go, I enjoy Lucario the most! I've always found found him a bit slow for my tastes, so being able to run around and combo with him like a berserk Fox is very fun! The change I like least is Pit. Not because it's bad, or anything. I just don't know what to do with him since is forward-b is gone. Snake and Charizard are pleasant surprises, and seeing Sonic NOT spin in some of his Smashes was the best surprise EVER.
In all honesty, I'd love to see the entire game get retooled like Lucario. Not "combo systems" or whatever, but just, "changed." It'd be pretty cool. Just me, though.
Anyways, I gotta say. Good job, keep up the good work! I look forward to when it's completed!
Quote from: Spex130 on May 24, 2012, 05:30:23 PM
Oh, and sorry ICEN. I didn't really read your rant there.
Don't worry, no one did. :af:
Anywho, got to try 2.1, and I noticed something odd: the computers wavedash.
Was that.... uh.... intended? I thought it was pretty interesting. XD
Also, Ness actually used his PK Thunder as an attack, which kinda surprised me since the computer almost never does that. Just some AI quirks I found entertaining.
Also also, I'm in love with the Skyloft stage. Yeah.
Oh, and Peach still seems to freeze. It's a shame since she's my main and I wanted to try her out, but oh well. /:
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 24, 2012, 06:00:09 AM
For all the info on the patch (demo 2.1) see here:
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4352 (http://www.smashmods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4352)
Video of the revamped Temple:M Skyloft stage:
Skyloft [Project:M] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc3juYTm9tU#)
Dat stage! I want it. :af:
Quote from: Mercenary on May 24, 2012, 05:33:47 PM
Don't worry, no one did. :af:
Anywho, got to try 2.1, and I noticed something odd: the computers wavedash.
Was that.... uh.... intended? I thought it was pretty interesting. XD
Check the changelist. It was completely intended ;) Furthermore, Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco and Wolf occasionally L-Cancel their aerials too. AI in general is much better and more aggressive than before.
Quote from: Mercenary on May 24, 2012, 05:33:47 PM
Oh, and Peach still seems to freeze. It's a shame since she's my main and I wanted to try her out, but oh well. /:
Care to elaborate? Was never aware of any problems with Peach before, as nobody else has been experiencing any freezing with Peach.
Got the new demo. Watching CPU Luigi WD across Smashville never gets old. Haven't played enough to really notice the subtler balance fixes, but everything seems to be in order.
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 24, 2012, 07:35:01 PM
Check the changelist. It was completely intended ;) Furthermore, Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco and Wolf occasionally L-Cancel their aerials too. AI in general is much better and more aggressive than before.
Ah, I figured. That's pretty awesome, it makes it so much more enjoyable to fight the CPUs.
Though Wolf tends to throw himself off cliffs, from time to time. XD
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 24, 2012, 07:35:01 PMCare to elaborate? Was never aware of any problems with Peach before, as nobody else has been experiencing any freezing with Peach.
Hm, I wish I could, but whenever I pick Peach and try to load up a stage, I get a silent freeze. Happened with Demo 2 also, and I really don't know why.
Guess I'm the only one? /:
Skyloft is an awesome idea for a stage instead of temple P:M
It'd be pretty funny if in the future instead of fighting on ruins you fight on beetle's flying ship that goes around Skyloft.
Really like the AI changes as well, they are hella cool.
Oh, I lied, Peach doesn't freeze.
Well, she does, but only in Training Mode. I thnk that was addressed though.
Yay.
Nope, that's a lie too, she works in Training. Guess it was just RTB's Luigi Peach that was screwing things up.
Anyway, got to try her and I love her, even moreso than her Brawl incarnation.
Now we just need a new metroid stage and I'd be pretty content.
I just want a metroid stage that doesn't throw lava walls in your face or flip around every 10 seconds...
(Whoose idea was it at nintendo to make the frigate orpheon flip upside down any way?)
I dunno, I just feel like having brinstar is enough. no need for norfair.
Charizard is my favorite PSA in Project: M.
It think it goes great with my 2nd to last submitted hack(the black and special color charizard recolors).
I'm glad that you guys fixed that N-B and falling off the ledge thing.
It has been such a pleasure seeing this mod develop for a while now. Feels even better to continually play improved versions. Everything now just feels... right. There's still some issues, but damn is 2.1 amazing.
CPUs wavedashing is hilarious to watch.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on May 24, 2012, 09:03:57 PM
Now we just need a new metroid stage and I'd be pretty content.
I just want a metroid stage that doesn't throw lava walls in your face or flip around every 10 seconds...
(Whoose idea was it at nintendo to make the frigate orpheon flip upside down any way?)
I dunno, I just feel like having brinstar is enough. no need for norfair.
I was hoping I'd get at least one playable stage per franchise. That'd be enough for me. I can always add custom stages at a later release.
I would like to report a freeze that I just recently got with the newest release. Attacking the Party Ball crashes the game. Also the game crashes just when the Party Ball opens.
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 26, 2012, 02:21:09 AM
I would like to report a freeze that I just recently got with the newest release. Attacking the Party Ball crashes the game. Also the game crashes just when the Party Ball opens.
When did you download 2.1? On Smashmods, they reported that re-downloading should fix the issue.
Quote from: JirachiMaster on May 25, 2012, 12:33:17 PM
CPUs wavedashing is hilarious to watch.
I know right? They trying to act like humans :af:
Quote from: Shun_One on May 26, 2012, 02:26:32 AM
When did you download 2.1? On Smashmods, they reported that re-downloading should fix the issue.
I downloaded v2.1 the day it came out.
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 26, 2012, 02:29:58 AM
I downloaded v2.1 the day it came out.
Try re-downloading it. This is a quote from Smashmods from a dev:
QuotePlease re-download 2.1. This issue has been fixed.
Quote from: Shun_One on May 26, 2012, 02:48:15 AM
Try re-downloading it. This is a quote from Smashmods from a dev:
Alright. Thanks for letting me know about this.
. . .
If I didn't know this, then I would of not used that item and waited until the next demo. :/
Okay, I've got enough of reading this. Thank you very much for deailing the thread so much, guys.
I'll lock this place for a few minutes, the time for me to do some cleaning.
UNLOCKED. SJS, BlackJax, Robz, and all the other guys who were typing a witty one-liner when I locked the thread, I'd appreciate that next time, you'd just report the post and wait for a mod/admin to intervene.
Not only would it make my cleaning job much easier, it would also avoid adding fuel to the fire.
Thanks~
Now back on topic.
Well now that's out of the way. >.>
. . .
Is the Project M team planning on editing the Stage Builder stuff?
No we are not planning on modifying stage builder.
I love Project M.
It brings back so many memories.
You know I grew up with Melee, I got the game when I was 5 or 6 years old.
I love playing Project Melee and having the same feeling I had when playing Melee when I was younger. Anyone thinking of modifying Subspace Emissary (can that even be done?)?
My opinion on it is... meh.
It's ok, and it's on a SD card when I need a change of pace when I play Smash.
Then again, I'm a Brawl- dev and auto-biased.
I mentioned that I love how Charizard plays, but playing Wolf also feels sooooooooo good.
I love how he plays, it's so great. So much more satisfying than regular Wolf. Especially that up smash.
And the dash attack? Yessssss. So much combo potential.
Peach is also pretty great, I've managed to chain a few down throws together and set up a few interesting combos. Good stuff, though the return of her floaty double jump threw me off. XD
I'd love to try P:M online at some point, though I'm really not that great. :af:
Project M 2.1 is has really made playing project M more interesting now.
Having the AI's able to dash during battle makes things feel more in the competitive mindset.
Since the AI's now dash back an forth its almost like they are the actual humans playing. I feel that since they now wave dash during battle it gives the AI's more chances to mindgame you.
I also love how some of the characters such as falco does the short jump B(gun) to keep opponents back.
Alot of the characters AI's actually do things that pros use during battle which is why its so interesting and fun now. Ya sometimes the AI will slip off the edge but its rare and now they don't always run strait at you sometimes they will stay back or run at you then wave dash back.
I'm loving wolf right now. I have a combo with wolf that is a instant kill if the opponent is at 85% or higher some opponents can be less in %
His changed dash attack I also love because its a mixup that puts them behind you and they fall directly into combo position.
Try this combo out with wolf its usually a instant KO on opponents at 85% or higher.
Grab, the throw the opponent in the opposite direction, hurry up and run at them before they hit the ground or just as they hit the ground and do your Down B(Shine),
After you do that short jump and do your OVER B attack which will instant KO them if you hit them with the end of the attack.
If you want to make it shorter you can just run at someone do your DOWN B then short jump and do your OVER B and this will also KO them, Grabbing just makes it easier
You can add a OVER Air ATTACK (the direction your facing) before the combo for more hits but you have to hit them up close with it because if you hit them with your claw it will knock them to far away, when they fall down grab them and finish the combo
PICK FOX as your opponent its works easiest with him.
I havn't played with every character yet because I've been training with wolf because my captain falcon doesnt work for some reason, HE NEVER WORKED I THINK THE DISK IS SCRATHED IDK?
Dont forget wolfs best technique is his down B shine attack because you can jump out of it to combo up with more attacks.
HERE IS ANOTHER SECRET WELL I figured this out dont know if you guys know about this with wolf. Ive only tested this on final destination.
If you are hanging off the edge of final destination fall of the edge just about 1inch down and do your over B you will go through the platform and can actually hit opponents like this or cross people up.
Also is there any info on which characters have different moves on 2.1
I know that wolfs dash attack is changed but is there other moves that are changed that anyone knows of?
Quote from: G Lock on May 28, 2012, 02:27:31 AM
Also is there any info on which characters have different moves on 2.1
I know that wolfs dash attack is changed but is there other moves that are changed that anyone knows of?
Off the top of my head, stuff changed from Brawl:
Mario: D-special, D-taunt
Link: run
DK: dash attack
Lucas: jab, u-tilt, Uair, Dair, Bair
Sonic: D-smash, Fair, Nair, N-special does tricks on hit
Lucario: F-tilt, U-smash, Nair, D-Special, Bair
Wolf: U-smash, dash attack, run
Toon Link: D-tilt, U-smash, F-smash, Nair
Charizard: jab, f-tilt, d-tilt, S-Special, D-special, U-throw
Ike: D-smash
Wario: F-Smash, D-Smash, Bair, Dair, S-Special
Snake: U-tilt, F-smash, Crawl Tilt, Nair
Pikachu: Bair
There's more that I can't think of right now
Fox: Wait animation. Its the same as in Melee/N64.
Ganon: His run, Forward Tilt, Up-Smash i believe
Snake: Side Smash, I think his Air-N A attack (Hits 4 times in vBrawl, 3 times in P:M)
Pit: Side B, Up B
One of the Project: M people on the team said the AI will be able to get much more advanced.
I do hope they could add Level 10+ instead of just Level 1-9.
Quote from: SmashClash on May 28, 2012, 03:57:28 AM
I do hope they could add Level 10+ instead of just Level 1-9.
Now that will give us a real challenge against CPU's.
The current ones just gang up on you. (In vbrawl)
There's a code some where for up to level 16 AI, but I can't remember where it is.
Ya if they make a level 10 then need to make it really good because people will always say just make one more level and if that goes on you'll have a level 23 ganon running around lol.
One thing I would like to see from the AI is them spacing. What I mean by that is sort of how falco is now programed to short jump his laser shots to keep you away.
But if you can do this with other AI's that would be good you would just have to find out which aerial moves are best when short jumping at your opponent to keep them back with each character so the AI can use that spacing move until they get in on the opponent then they would combo.
Take captain falcon for example, When I fight my friend 1v1 I use his basic A aerial attack to space with. That is the move where cap swings two kicks. It would be pretty cool seeing the AI of captain falcon using this to keep me back even if I ain't near him he would do it while jumping around just to keep me away.
But ya I like that some characters such as fox,falco,wolf will short jump with their guns because it makes it harder to get in on them and now since the AI's wave dash a dash dance sometimes the overall AI is now more human like since they use the techniques humans use.
If they can find out the spacing moves of each character and program the AI to use that move to get in on opponents or keep them back that would be pretty damn cool.
Level 10 = Diskusting Jk
Not really necessary. We just need to make the AI better (i.e. Levels 1 to 9 will be better). I mean the current AI changes are already pretty cool and they were just done by one person over the space of about a month. As time goes on, it will only get better.
As for changes, the changelist is huge. If we wanted to get right into the little changes, we'd be here forever.
Yes we are going to make them stronger in offense and aggressiveness.
This WILL come at the cost of their unrealistic reflexes however.
Sooner or later, we'll find out what makes the AI bully human players and change that.
Also SSE can be modded. No one has the patience to do so outside of texture hacks however.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 28, 2012, 08:04:38 PM
Also SSE can be modded. No one has the patience to do so outside of texture hacks however.
I can see why, considering the stage design, and how many stage files there are. Thus, there're too many SSE related files aswell.
Quote from: Sky Grounder on May 28, 2012, 08:43:01 PM
I can see why, considering the stage design, and how many stage files there are. Thus, there're too many SSE related files aswell.
Just imagine what one or multiple people could do if he/she/they have the patience to modify SSE.
The only character my friend said he thought needed fixed was bowsers left and right dash.
When you dash with other characters left to right they turn and it looks umm proper? IDK how to explain it just pick bowser and dash left to right really fast.
When bowser does it he looks a little awkward and gimp. Im talking about dash dancing not the wave dash. It might not bother you guys much but it feels and looks kinda gimp when you play with bowser and do that
Project M is an awesome game, but I'm gonna wait until the Final Version. Otherwise, I'll use Brawl- (Minus).
Project M changed my life. :)
i thought project M was okay, but to be honest, if i wanted to play a melee styled game i would play melee xD I honestly did like the creativity of movesets though and especially lucas :D However, my heart was broken when i didnt see the pink ball of awesomeness, kirby! xD
But i agree with KC, if i do end up getting it again it will be when the final version comes out, and i just saw a preview for ivysaur and it looks amazing xD
Dunno if it has been mentioned yet, but Project M is getting another new Demo!
Demo 2.5 is to be released soon, with updates to certain characters, as well as Ivysaur and Squirtle(as well as potentially more characters) being added to the roster. There is also promise of more stages to be added.
Reveal trailer
Project M Demo 2.5 Announcement Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDYx3IRQXcw#ws)
Ivysaur trailer
Project M Demo 2.5 Roster Reveal: Ivysaur! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQatVzbUa2c#ws)
Project M to hold me over till Sm4sh get's it's first reveal trailer >.>
Yeah I can't wait for Sm4sh to get it's first reveal trailer just so everyone can whine about it not being Melee, AGAIN.
Don't get me wrong, P:M is good to those who like it, but... I'd rather not have Smash ever again if every single entry is to be compared to Melee...
*Ivysaur just learned Solar beam! :D
I have to agree with LC on this one. It's pretty clear the people who loved Melee are more than biased, and just like how Brawl was compared to Melee, when Sm4sh gets around it will be compared to how it's not like Melee instead of being judged on it's own merits, like it should be.
In a worst case scenario, it would be compared to Project M.
Putting the off-topic aside, I still haven't played Project M. Partly due to laziness, and partly because I dunno what the best method for using it is. Riivolution and the like.
-and the main reason I don't use Riivolution is because I kept having problems with it. .-.
Unless P:M gets PAL support, I won't be able to try the mod though...
But all of these techs and balancing sure does make it look interesting :P
Definitely looking forward to it, can't wait until the cast is finished. Also, based on a few v2.5 matches I've seen, it looks like Marth is finally going to be back to his Melee self 100%. v2.1 Marth kinda disappointed me.
A PAL version will be done, but not for a long time.
What's wrong with a comparison between sm4sh and Project:M? The question is going to be inevitable whether or not the new game offers more and is therefore worth spending money on. Sm4sh is guaranteed to have better graphics, but I know of no announcements concerning any details, save for the thought that there won't be oodles of new characters. Will they even have the massive sound track brawl had? The fact that they admitted balance issues due to a large roster suggests more attention will be put towards polish, which is good, but just how polished will it be?
I doubt the melee comparison will be brought up as much. People already know what direction the series is being taken in now, so they won't be surprised and thus outraged.
P.S. I severely dislike melee. I never think to myself when playing project:M that "I could just go play melee." Melee is flawed and outdated. Project:M fixes various frustrations, as a sequel ought to.
We said Smash4 being compared to MELEE, not Project M.
Also that may be how sequels work, but Smash does NOT work like a regular sequel, so drink a jar of obvious oil.
And really, the comparisons won't end. Trust me, by the time the Wii 2 gets hacked, there WILL be a Project: M2. 'cause, you know, it's apparently the only game worth playing in the series.
So a lot of new stuff has been announced for demo 2.5
Lot's of characters tweeks, new stages, crew mode, audio fade, being able to use Japanese letters, as well as today it was announced that demo 2.5 will be released on the 28th.
Oh and the dev team is teasing 2 new characters on top of squirtle and ivysaur. My money is on Samus and Zero suit samus, but that's just me, might end up being Meta Knight for all I know.
I'm very glad to hear that the new version will be out before next year. It'll be good to start off the new semester with a new version.
Still wondering who the new characters will be. I really want Samus, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I'm pretty excited, also cant wait to use pit with all his improvements(favorite char in Project M :D)
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on December 12, 2012, 01:35:36 AM
So a lot of new stuff has been announced for demo 2.5
Lot's of characters tweeks, new stages, crew mode, audio fade, being able to use Japanese letters, as well as today it was announced that demo 2.5 will be released on the 28th.
Oh and the dev team is teasing 2 new characters on top of squirtle and ivysaur. My money is on Samus and Zero suit samus, but that's just me, might end up being Meta Knight for all I know.
What are the new stages?
Wow, I am really blown away by this. What an amazing project this team has put together. Im looking forward to seeing more!
Think you could push the demo release date to the 25th? :P
I'm gonna love Project M's Ivysaur!
Sawnic
Sonic - Spin Maneuvers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfge2GSjjc#ws)
He can reeeeeeallly mooooove
So, on the Show Me Your News live stream, they just announced that Zero Suit Samus will be playable in the new demo.
Normal Samus won't be though. :srs:
http://projectm.dantarion.com/characters.php?character=zerosuit (http://projectm.dantarion.com/characters.php?character=zerosuit)
Quote from: Victory Badguy on December 15, 2012, 03:06:44 AM
So, on the Show Me Your News live stream, they just announced that Zero Suit Samus will be playable in the new demo.
Normal Samus won't be though. :srs:
http://projectm.dantarion.com/characters.php?character=zerosuit (http://projectm.dantarion.com/characters.php?character=zerosuit)
[censored], I was right on one character at least. So I'm guessing Yoshi, Diddy, or Meta Knight for the next character, unless they want so much hype and announce Roy for Demo 2.5 >.>
I just want to know how regular Samus will play >.<
anyone know what the ? is on the melee veterans section of the char page is? link: projectm.dantarion.com/characters/
Quote from: KC on December 15, 2012, 08:41:00 PM
anyone know what the ? is on the melee veterans section of the char page is? link: projectm.dantarion.com/characters/
Awhile back the Project M team was trying to get Roy working as his own slot, so speculation would lead it to a non-clone version of Roy being made by them. Others think it could be Mewtwo, though honestly I haven't a clue if they still plan on implementing it at all at this point.
why not have both and Doc? or Pichu?
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on December 15, 2012, 08:52:21 PM
Awhile back the Project M team was trying to get Roy working as his own slot, so speculation would lead it to a non-clone version of Roy being made by them. Others think it could be Mewtwo, though honestly I haven't a clue if they still plan on implementing it at all at this point.
Yeah but they have dant with them so its just time to see this announced...roy or mewtwo.
Post Merge: December 15, 2012, 08:55:59 PM
Quote from: KC on December 15, 2012, 08:53:27 PM
why not have both and Doc? or Pichu?
They are almost clones of mario and pikachu just with a couple of differences...like YL
2.5 stream featuring ZSS. Get it while it's hot!
http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_ (http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_)
Actually Doc had a bit of differences and he was higher on the tier list than his "original", as for pichu... its cute. :af:
Quote from: KC on December 16, 2012, 01:48:39 AM
Actually Doc had a bit of differences and he was higher on the tier list than his "original".
Small differences =/= Original. And who the Hell cares if Dr. Mario was higher on the Tier List than Mario was in Melee?
Quote from: KC on December 16, 2012, 01:48:39 AMas for pichu... its cute. :af:
That is a very unintelligent argument. Pichu had potential for a great "glass canon" playstyle. But it's just that Pichu failed to do so. Those who played as Pichu for a long while might have figured out ways to use Pichu efficiently. But other than those players, Pichu just sucked.
I used to main both of them, but now I don't. that's why i brought it up. i still wish they were back. Sakurai better not remove anyone else unless its 3rd party
EDIT: I have high doubts that the next PM'd character will be Yoshi. I accidentally accessed all characters and (as i thought) they can still wavedash with their brawl moveset except for yoshi. He uses the same air-dodge physics as Brawl, it must require additional coding or something but I still doubt him in 2.5
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 16, 2012, 01:28:16 AM
2.5 stream featuring ZSS. Get it while it's hot!
http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_ (http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_)
Nice, I saw the stream for a bit before it went offline.
Looking forward to play as ZSS.
From what i "heard" the clone engine doesnt fully work because of artciles.
but roy. he works fine. own slot and all
again, i heard all this
link of proof if you have one?
Quote from: KC on December 16, 2012, 02:26:32 AM
link of proof if you have one?
well someoen told me. idk where they got it from
oh ok.
EDIT (12/18) Hey there's a new SSS Design with a new Norfair!
2.5 is a gogo!
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-6048.html (http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-6048.html)
(http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/zackwinzard/album%202/al_121229_0608binout.jpg)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30390 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30390)
In celebration, cause it was needed anyways. xD
Thanks Mewtwo~ :3
I'm LOVING how Ike, Marth and Sonic all feel now. Especially with Sonic having his Advance somersault for Side-B and his Sonic Updraft from Battle for his U-Tilt. I'm having so much fun when I should get some sleep. xD
I'm loving 2.5, I love the highlights. I also noticed changes with Falcon, his falcon punch always you to turn at any time, I think. SZS's Down-B on an opponent causes her to T- pose for me. But that's just a small issue. Everything else is near perfect. And I love the new SSS. Great work Project M!
Yeah, 2.5 is pretty cool so far. Ivy is definitely my favorite "newcomer" from this build. Dat Solarbeam.
I'm trying to like ZSS, but it's a bit hard for me to do anything when I keep killing myself. It almost seems to me that her Up B is rendered useless, since she falls so fast. That's probably just my poor reflexes, though.
Haven't played with Squirtle much yet, though he's a bit tough for me to handle as well.
Ike is... meh, to me, but he's always been meh for me. He almost feels downgraded from the previous build, but maybe that's a good thing because he was insane last time around. I like the aesthetic changes to his Neutral B, though.
In all though, Charizard remains my favorite. Though Pit and Wolf come pretty close.
I can also finally almost handle Falco again. Yay.
Also, was there any reason to remove a majority of the stages from the selection...? And can I get them back? Because... I want them back. :|
I know right? Classic Expansion will be put back... but 2.5 is amazing, I've become a Ivysaur user just like that, and I used to main Lucas! This version has to be the best one yet!!! (and nice litte easter egg with Ness's up taunt ;) )
Tip: If you use ZSS's Up-B quickly enough after a jump, you'll get a very significant boost in height. This goes for the double jump too. :3
I'm loving ZSS so much right now. Though, I too have killed myself quite a lot. Even while just practicing. xD;
Quote from: Ridley-G on December 30, 2012, 02:27:54 AM
Also, was there any reason to remove a majority of the stages from the selection...? And can I get them back? Because... I want them back. :|
Except we didn't remove any stages. You do realise the SSS has two pages right?
Yeah just press L or R to flip between them.... all the stages that aren't on page 1 are on page 2, such as Fourisde, Hyrule Castle, Shadow Moses Island, Hyrule Temple, etc.
Project M Demo 2.5 Roster Reveal: Diddy Kong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2-iXqSOBvM#ws)
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 30, 2012, 02:24:00 PM
Except we didn't remove any stages. You do realise the SSS has two pages right?
lol
Nope. Didn't notice.
... well that's embarrassing.
I got to try this! I loved the old one a lot!
2.5 is a damn good update I must say. Really loving the changes ascetically and the actual game play changes.
Ivysaur is surprisingly my favorite added character. He's just too much fun to mess around with. Dem seed bomb mix ups.
I got a question though.. the Gecko OS gct is 34KB and gecko OS can't read that much but even though it does work but I don't know if it adds everything..
I use Gecko OS with this GCT and it works fine for me.
I'd ask if the whole stage select page thing (if there's more than two, that is) single stock stuff and "forbidden tags" would ever be available on a normal Brawl, but I'm ready for any "nos" headed my way.
So let's start a little discussion shall we? Here's a couple of questions:
Who do you most enjoy out of the four new characters (Ivy, Squirtle, ZSS and Diddy)?
What are some of the major/minor changes that you really like about P:M (whether it be the characters, new SSS, recolours, engine fixes etc)?
Which character(s) do you main?
I'll be more in depth at Smashmods later on (after I spend a little more time with it)
Zero Suit is my most enjoyed of the newcomers. In-fact, my bro pulled off a D-air-to-death combo on DK at Skyloft.
Major stuff: the engine fixes. Game feels so much better.
Minor stuff: the recolours. Addressing some of the problematic colors is a great idea. I hope you guys plan to do more.
Mains: Fire Emblem
Ivysaur (I switched to main her from Ness and Lucas), she's really easy to learn
Major Stuff: The engine (duh) and the new SSS, and Japanese Tags!!!
Minor Stuff: Stage striking, audio fade, and the recolors.
Mains: Toon Link and Ivysaur
Bowser and snake recolors freeze on my game
Well I like the single stock thing. On paper it sounds really interesting. How hard was it to even be implemented anyway?
oh ya and i tried thany's final roy ported to rob without codes and it freezes when it is supposed to say go!
luvin it so far but , a small issue so i was able to add most of the project m chars to my brawl so far but now when i add the new ones from this update it freezes n loses chars mid battle any ideas?
As stated already my new favorite character is definitely Ivysaur. I always thought he had awesome smashes in brawl, but had garbage specials, now I see that it has been remedied and he is much more interesting to play.
As for changes, I'm digging the new character select screen, as well as the 3 frame delay fixing as that was what was really holding M from feeling like melee, I can say now it's my favorite smash game, and it's not even done.
Finally my mains are Ike, Toon Link, and Wolf at the moment (Working on Lucario and Ivysaur)
I just like how each character feels.
I love the new Ivysaur, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with Squirtle. He's the one I've been using the most, and mostly because of Bubble. Short hop + Bubble + Down Grab or Up Smash is one of my favorite short chains to pull off with him. So good.
My main is still Charizard, though. The fact that I love the Pokemon the most of all the characters makes me kind of wish the Pokemon Trainer was back in, but then that means they wouldn't have their individual Down Bs, which would render it kind of pointless... eh.
The thing I like most is the amount of aesthetic changes to things like graphics and animations. They may be small changes, but they really change the look and feel of the game, even for the characters who were recloned.
Sonic's my main since he has dem really fancy ways. :af:
So what I'm reading here is characters being recloned... why, exactly?
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 04, 2013, 02:58:36 AM
So what I'm reading here is characters being recloned... why, exactly?
Because everything has to be just like Melee!
...
I find it ironic. In Melee. People whined about clones. In Brawl, they changed them quite a bit... Now people want clones back to what they were...
Personally. I think if the clone engine ever gets cracked. It would be neat to have both versions of clones. Like... Holding R button changes the move set. So you have the choice to either play the character just like Melee. Or a fixed up Brawl version of the character, to better fit P:M. (Or in Ganon's case, make him more like the LoZ version.)
This would even be good for those who don't like the direction some characters were changed to. (I'm looking at YOU Lucaryu... Some people liked normal Lucario more.)
But, I do realize this would be a LOT to balance out... So even with the Clone Engine, it most likely wouldn't happen.
I'm just curious, since... well, the clones could be worked to still retain some Melee aspects AND be their Luigified selves.
I dunno, it's just a thought.
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 04, 2013, 04:43:38 PM
I'm just curious, since... well, the clones could be worked to still retain some Melee aspects AND be their Luigified selves.
I dunno, it's just a thought.
Well they KINDA did that with Ganny.
If you hold B while doing side B. He does the Brawl version of the move as I recall.
All my PSA's I wanna use are freezing -- why?
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 04, 2013, 04:43:38 PM
I'm just curious, since... well, the clones could be worked to still retain some Melee aspects AND be their Luigified selves.
I dunno, it's just a thought.
It's more along the lines of the competitive community [censored]ing that their favorite melee mains don't work exactly as they ought to. While characters like Lucas and Ness that are pretty similar have become drastically different in their execution moveset wise, characters like Ganon and Falco have been reverted back to their cloneness as they were better that way.Try playing Ganondorf in brawl, then try him in melee. In melee he is awesome to play as, and in brawl he feels sluggish and unrefined. As far as I know though, no other characters besides those two were brought back to clone status.
Quote from: KC on January 04, 2013, 09:42:22 PM
All my PSA's I wanna use are freezing -- why?
I believe the Project M files have various codes that help them work properly. That could be a cause.
Oh. No wonder... :srs:
Well will the earlier demo ones work?
Out of curiosity, because maybe I'd like that. I think those didn't have codes, did they?
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on January 06, 2013, 09:25:57 PM
It's more along the lines of the competitive community [censored]ing that their favorite melee mains don't work exactly as they ought to. While characters like Lucas and Ness that are pretty similar have become drastically different in their execution moveset wise, characters like Ganon and Falco have been reverted back to their cloneness as they were better that way.Try playing Ganondorf in brawl, then try him in melee. In melee he is awesome to play as, and in brawl he feels sluggish and unrefined. As far as I know though, no other characters besides those two were brought back to clone status.
I'm sorry, but Ganon being a Falcon on steroids is far from "awesome". At least in Brawl Ganon feels like his own character, even if Luigified.
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 08, 2013, 06:14:19 PM
I'm sorry, but Ganon being a Falcon on steroids is far from "awesome". At least in Brawl Ganon feels like his own character, even if Luigified.
Depends on one's view.
The fact he WAS such a powerhouse in Melee alone could be considered "awesome" to some...
I find sonic's homing attack really overpowered because you can just keep spamming it.
Quote from: battleon469 on January 09, 2013, 08:06:10 PM
I find sonic's homing attack really overpowered because you can just keep spamming it.
It's got high start-up time and predictability. Shield, spot dodge, roll, or just whack him out of it in the 5 hours it takes for him to start spinning and get to you.
Quote from: Mr.Jackpot on January 09, 2013, 11:00:50 PM
It's got high start-up time and predictability. Shield, spot dodge, roll, or just whack him out of it in the 5 hours it takes for him to start spinning and get to you.
Start-up's not as slow as you're making it out to be. It's considerably faster than it was in vBrawl. It's the endlag that you should watch out for. Unlike 2.1, he can no longer instantly cancel his HA on hit with a special.
Quote from: battleon469 on January 09, 2013, 08:06:10 PM
I find sonic's homing attack really overpowered because you can just keep spamming it.
Are you playing against terrible people? It's not OP in the slightest. Honestly anyone that's outclassed by HA spamming should be deemed a terrible player because it's a horribly ineffective strategy. It's like getting beat by Kirby Down B spam. HA works best as a mix-up and gimping tool I find. It wrecks spacies.
^ lol you could say that I was playing against lvl 9 CPU and my cousin (who is epic at Vbrawl but didnt know what PM was lol)
Spoilered cause reasons.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-and now I shall flee before SDo0M or someone else comes and replies to this. Lunch time!
wait what?
re-cloning?
any argumentated reason for this weirdness?
Quote from: Velen on January 11, 2013, 07:21:01 PM
Spoilered cause reasons.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-and now I shall flee before SDo0M or someone else comes and replies to this. Lunch time!
You know what disappoints me? The fact that people keep hammering on at this stupid argument and ignore everything else about P:M. Seriously, we've had this argument HOW MANY [censored]ING TIMES? It's BORING. There's so many other things to discuss with this game.
Discuss them. Continuously whining about one/two characters of whom you don't even play extensively enough over and over in this thread is pointless. There are literally a million other things you could comment on.
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on January 11, 2013, 07:56:25 PM
You know what disappoints me? The fact that people keep hammering on at this stupid argument and ignore everything else about P:M. Seriously, we've had this argument HOW MANY [censored]ING TIMES? It's BORING. There's so many other things to discuss with this game. Discuss them. Continuously whining about one/two characters of whom you don't even play extensively enough over and over in this thread is pointless. There are literally a million other things you could comment on.
I strongly agree with this.
But it does say something when SO MANY people say the same thing...
Like I said though... The issue should be left alone. Until perhaps CE progress has been made...
THEN you could make versions of Falco, and Ganondorf that differ from the Melee versions... Without getting rid of the Melee clone versions.
As I said before, they could be selected in a manner similar to Zero Suit Samus. Holding R button while selecting them... This would be sorta like some Mugen characters. When you hold start while selecting them, you get an alternate move set.
...But then again. Perhaps this is a terrible idea. Since it would need additional balance...
I was totally stoked about the new P:M but somehow my Wii and Computer had to crap out on me. As soon as i can get one of them fixed, I will get to playing it. For some reason I wanna play as Ivysaur.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on January 11, 2013, 08:03:02 PM
But it does say something when SO MANY people say the same thing...
Like I said though... The issue should be left alone. Until perhaps CE progress has been made...
THEN you could make versions of Falco, and Ganondorf that differ from the Melee versions... Without getting rid of the Melee clone versions.
As I said before, they could be selected in a manner similar to Zero Suit Samus. Holding R button while selecting them... This would be sorta like some Mugen characters. When you hold start while selecting them, you get an alternate move set.
...But then again. Perhaps this is a terrible idea. Since it would need additional balance...
It's used by so many because people seem to be blind sighted by this particular fact (which isn't even 100% true), that they tend to ignore EVERYTHING else the game has to offer, and at this point, this whole argument it getting stale and petty.
Also, IF we ever get the clone engine working, we wouldn't really want to waste the limited amount of instance slots on different versions of the same character.
Hm... I see...
I keep forgetting that even with it's completion, there will be limited slots (actual ones on the CSS, or just ZSS type of slots)...
I do like some of the things that have been done, such as with Lucario and Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon so far, but that one fact, the fact the top tiers will be exactly as they were in Melee, as well as the recloning of Falco and Ganondorf, bothers me.
At first the reason was because it was being made to play exactly or almost exactly like Melee, but that bias has more or less passed. I'm over that now. I can think more objectively about Project M as opposed to say...a year ago.
I just wish they you guys would declone the characters further, by giving them their Melee stats, but giving the characters (the clones in particular) new things to play with, like new, creative moves that could fit into the play environment, a new special or two, or maybe even a brand new Final Smash?
I just like seeing creativity from people. You guys have been doing plenty of that with other characters, but the lack thereof on Melee's clones that still reside in Brawl disappoints me.
Thing is, Ganondorf and Falco have been given all the good attributes they had in both Melee and Brawl, and where one attribute fits better in the overall playstyle or not.
That's the reason why even though a lot of Ganon has been changed to Melee stat wise, things like side B and certain animations have not.
Same goes for Falco, but a lot less has been kept from Brawl due to most of his Melee attributes outweighing his Brawl ones.
There should be a separate thread for talking about clones.
Okay so apparently I hurt someone's sensibilities. Let's see if I can rephrase my post to not do so.
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on January 11, 2013, 07:56:25 PM
You know what disappoints me? The fact that people keep hammering on at this stupid argument and ignore everything else about P:M. Seriously, we've had this argument HOW MANY [censored]ING TIMES? It's BORING. There's so many other things to discuss with this game. Discuss them.
Well, there's the whole "failure" thing that plays on a controller that isn't the Gamecube. I'm not sure if that was discussed here or not.
Quote from: ds22 on January 11, 2013, 08:58:32 PM
It's used by so many because people seem to be blind sighted by this particular fact (which isn't even 100% true), that they tend to ignore EVERYTHING else the game has to offer, and at this point, this whole argument it getting stale and petty.
You call of us being blindsighted, but you do nothing to respond in value about it. I mean, what? What is there to discuss that, in your eyes, would see relevant? I mean, far from me to imply that only discussions inside the P:M-specific forums can be taken seriously... but that's what it feels like, at times.
Quote from: ds22 on January 11, 2013, 08:58:32 PM
Also, IF we ever get the clone engine working, we wouldn't really want to waste the limited amount of instance slots on different versions of the same character.
Soooo... Roy's not making an appearance? Or is he? 'cause, see, this is what I mean. You get clones on P:M - that's fine... as you explained, they're a mix of the best attributes of Melee and Brawl - but where does Roy stand? Do we get Marth with the same treatment Mario had? Do we actually get Roy as a seperate character? Does he even get his own moves or just stay Marth's wingman?
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 12, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
Well, there's the whole "failure" thing that plays on a controller that isn't the Gamecube. I'm not sure if that was discussed here or not.
The code has been removed in the 2.5 demo release in case you hadn't noticed already (not sure if you have played 2.5).
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 12, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
You call of us being blindsighted, but you do nothing to respond in value about it. I mean, what? What is there to discuss that, in your eyes, would see relevant? I mean, far from me to imply that only discussions inside the P:M-specific forums can be taken seriously... but that's what it feels like, at times.
It has been discussed to death, and the answer is and will always be the same.
They have been 'recloned' due to balancing, one of the key things driving this mod.
And you could for example discuss why certain stages are in Project M and why some aren't, or the fact that the audio now fades after the game being left idle for more then three minutes.
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 12, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
Soooo... Roy's not making an appearance? Or is he? 'cause, see, this is what I mean. You get clones on P:M - that's fine... as you explained, they're a mix of the best attributes of Melee and Brawl - but where does Roy stand? Do we get Marth with the same treatment Mario had? Do we actually get Roy as a seperate character? Does he even get his own moves or just stay Marth's wingman?
I was more referring to having two Falco's or two Ganon's in the game.
If Roy ever gets in a working state, he'll probably be rebalanced to be more viable.
Whenever or not he gets decloned in the process is something that will happen if necessary for balance sake (which will probably happen on more than one occasion, seeing as Roy wasn't exactly top or high tier material).
Quote from: ds22 on January 12, 2013, 02:46:59 PM
The code has been removed in the 2.5 demo release in case you hadn't noticed already (not sure if you have played 2.5).
I can't play it. No PAL release yet.
And before you say "just... get your own copy of US Brawl", it's not as easy as it sounds, and I don't want to betray my region. Personal preference. I mean granted, the people who know me out here know how much I love "Melee", but that doesn't mean I won't try this sooner or later. It's just... I prefer it to be a PAL release, if any. We almost always get the Montreal Screwjob for things.
With that said, I actually thought it was a modification of the smashbros_sound.brsar itself, and not just a code. Since, well, P:M takes heavily from Melee and Melee had japanese voiceovers regardless of region, so...
Quote
It has been discussed to death, and the answer is and will always be the same.
They have been 'recloned' due to balancing, one of the key things driving this mod.
And you could for example discuss why certain stages are in Project M and why some aren't, or the fact that the audio now fades after the game being left idle for more then three minutes.
The only thing I only have an issue with is the Castlevania Stage. Not so much the stage itself, but the fact people - most prominent example being IGN - think P:M inserted it into the game when... one could already do that before. I mean, this is more of a to-may-to to-mah-to discussion, but like... I dunno.
Also, the cool new things, the single stock, the stage thing, the fadeout, that's all well and good. That's why I asked earlier in one of my posts here when those will be released for standalone use (and maybe for someone talented to... well, port to PAL because REASONS :B )
Quote
I was more referring to having two Falco's or two Ganon's in the game.
If Roy ever gets in a working state, he'll probably be rebalanced to be more viable.
Whenever or not he gets decloned in the process is something that will happen if necessary for balance sake (which will probably happen on more than one occasion, seeing as Roy wasn't exactly top or high tier material).
Yeah, but that's why I asked. I mean Roy was a clone in his way, how would he be handled knowing your previous statement of not wasting slots on different versions of the same character? Keeping in mind that there are people that enjoyed him thoroughly as well?
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 12, 2013, 08:32:59 PM
I don't want to betray my region.
Ok, what does that even mean.
No really, what the [censored] does that mean.
Seriously
I just
Really
What.
Sorry, but the only code that was released to public at this time was the input lag removal(NOT WIFI).
Read this post by Magus for more information.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=331578 (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=331578)
Seems to have enough info for someone like DWOLF to port this thing.
I don't know if the other codes will be posted publicly yet.
Thoughts on P:M?
I'm loving it. It gets 100x better with each release. Character viability is great, aesthetics are great, controls feel great... I could go on and on. I do agree with not balancing around spacies, but the PMBR should work on balance AFTER every char has a concrete design.
This mod is awesome. Good S*** PMBR.
Quote from: ds22 on January 12, 2013, 12:33:07 PM
Thing is, Ganondorf and Falco have been given all the good attributes they had in both Melee and Brawl, and where one attribute fits better in the overall playstyle or not.
That's the reason why even though a lot of Ganon has been changed to Melee stat wise, things like side B and certain animations have not.
Same goes for Falco, but a lot less has been kept from Brawl due to most of his Melee attributes outweighing his Brawl ones.
What about the Top Tiers? That was another one of my big concerns. The fact they would be as good as they were in Melee makes me nervous. Wouldn't that mean they would be as nigh unstoppable as they were in Melee?
Spoilered for size
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
That's all.
EDIT: Adding more...
Another thing that bothered me that is mentioned in a few of the character's profiles is the fact that some characters had their animations changed back to their Melee incarnations... That seems like as though you tried to regress an already finished, fully illustrated picture to it's sketched form. Why bother?
The animations are namely an aesthetic thing, while they define the attacks the characters do, changing them back to their Melee forms shouldn't be a requirement. It seems like a poor choice in artistic taste when at least two or more people on your team have the ability to create amazing animations, only to waste them on perfectly restoring the animations to their Melee appearance. Why bother? Why not improve upon the Brawl ones by making them better rather than regressing them to their Melee forms? It seems to give off the feel of a mindset where "The animation is from Melee, so it is better!" This isn't the case with all the animations of the characters who have had animations restored to Melee form, I know, but still.
for god sake velen can you a talk a little more positive? Project M has more then clones.... and stuff like that...
Quote from: battleon469 on January 13, 2013, 11:50:29 AM
for god sake velen can you a talk a little more positive? Project M has more then clones.... and stuff like that...
Last I checked the thread was open. Don't expect everyone to praise it.
Quote from: battleon469 on January 13, 2013, 11:50:29 AM
for god sake velen can you a talk a little more positive? Project M has more then clones.... and stuff like that...
Quote from: LC-DDM on January 13, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
Last I checked the thread was open. Don't expect everyone to praise it.
Indeed... Everyone has a right to their opinion. Battleon469, you have your opinion. Velen has his... Try to be respectful to that.
First of all, people seem to assume that the top tier consists of borderline broken and (almost) unbeatable characters.
That's simply not true, as they are beatable in a higher degree than MK is in VBrawl.
And especially in Project M, where characters are not only buffed, but where also some if not most of them recieved tools to counter the shenanigans the top tier can throw out.
As for the animations, sometimes, the Melee animations are just better, and also contribute to the characters stats in terms of visual indication.
It has nothing to do with lacking creativity or regressing, but with balancing and matching the visuals with a characters stats (read: the overall feel of a character).
Quote from: Velen on January 13, 2013, 03:41:00 AM
What about the Top Tiers? That was another one of my big concerns. The fact they would be as good as they were in Melee makes me nervous. Wouldn't that mean they would be as nigh unstoppable as they were in Melee?
No because every other character has been improved. It's that simple. There are more characters that can fare well against them and counter them.
Quote from: Velen on January 13, 2013, 03:41:00 AM
Spoilered for size
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
You know I do find it somewhat amusing how you seem to think you have such a broad idea on how balancing a game works when you yourself just admitted that 1) you're not a competitive player of any sort and 2) you don't actually design Smash games yourself. Honestly you're making it seem as though we're incompetent developers. As though we don't know the games that we're redesigning. That is not the case.
First off, let me just highlight the fact that this first and foremost is a competitive mod. Despite the fact that Project:M can appeal to many, it primarily appeals to competitive Melee players. The top tiers of Melee are what defined the metagame. They are whom these competitive players use and enjoy the most and they're a huge component of what made Melee the fast paced game it is. As a result changing them whilst we're still developing the rest of the characters and while the metagame is still developing would only alienate members of our primary target audience.
Also to address your end point, tier lists don't necessarily reflect the balance of the game. Tier lists reflect tournament results. There is always going to be a top tier and a bottom tier. What defines balance is how much worse the bottom tiers are comparative to the top tiers. Everybody in P:M is about as good as the top 7 or 8 characters of Melee at the moment, and pretty much all are viable tournament choices. Of course, we still need to observe how 2.5's metagame develops and see how each character fares but at the moment we're in a pretty good position.
Quote from: Velen on January 13, 2013, 03:41:00 AM
Another thing that bothered me that is mentioned in a few of the character's profiles is the fact that some characters had their animations changed back to their Melee incarnations... That seems like as though you tried to regress an already finished, fully illustrated picture to it's sketched form. Why bother?
animations are namely an aesthetic thing, while they define the attacks the characters do, changing them back to their Melee forms shouldn't be a requirement. It seems like a poor choice in artistic taste when at least two or more people on your team have the ability to create amazing animations, only to waste them on perfectly restoring the animations to their Melee appearance. Why bother? Why not improve upon the Brawl ones by making them better rather than regressing them to their Melee forms? It seems to give off the feel of a mindset where "The animation is from Melee, so it is better!" This isn't the case with all the animations of the characters who have had animations restored to Melee form, I know, but still.
This right here is completely wrong. Laughably so infact. Animations are changed back to their Melee incarnations for various characters because it affects positions and timings of hitboxes as well as interrupts for attacks. Most importantly, they're remade to capture the essence of the character from Melee. They're not remade because they're better or worse than Brawl's animations (well, that's debatable), therefore stating it's a "regression" is incorrect. Heck if anything it's a very primitive way of thinking of it.
Not to mention there are far more custom animations in the codeset than remade ones.
You know what Velen I'm curious, just how much of P:M have you actually played? I would really like to know.
EDIT: ds22 basically said what I was saying but more concise.
Consider my concerns about those things alleviated then. That's just how it seemed to me.
I have not played P:M yet, but that's mainly cause I'm waiting for the first full release, more than anything else. When all characters will be playable. I know that's a long ways away, but I would rather have the full package than just a part of it.
Ease of installation is another concern for me. I don't have USB Gecko, I've never been able to play a full match of Brawl using Riivo (it would freeze for reasons I couldn't discern), and I can't use Dolphin for [censored] cause it won't run on my lappy.
Quote from: Velen on January 13, 2013, 08:17:50 PM
Consider my concerns about those things alleviated then. That's just how it seemed to me.
I have not played P:M yet, but that's mainly cause I'm waiting for the first full release, more than anything else. When all characters will be playable. I know that's a long ways away, but I would rather have the full package than just a part of it.
Ease of installation is another concern for me. I don't have USB Gecko, I've never been able to play a full match of Brawl using Riivo (it would freeze for reasons I couldn't discern), and I can't use Dolphin for [censored] cause it won't run on my lappy.
Well you know...
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko)
You could use this. Before USB Loading, this is what I used... Sure, you won't be able to use sound packs. But it is more stable then Riivolution.
Yeah Gecko OS is more stable(You don't need a USB Gecko for it), and we fixed a Riivo bug in 2.5b so there should be a lot less freezing.
I have a problem..
Whenever I choose Ivysaur or Squirtle, it makes the Wii stop reading the disc.
I'm using Riivolution and have absolutely no mods over it. Anyone know a way to fix this?
Quote from: -Hero- on January 14, 2013, 12:16:42 AM
I have a problem..
Whenever I choose Ivysaur or Squirtle, it makes the Wii stop reading the disc.
I'm using Riivolution and have absolutely no mods over it. Anyone know a way to fix this?
Erm... USB-Load it? Sounds like your disk is scratched, or your disk lens is dying.
When using USB Loader, it freezes in 2-4 minutes in-game.
Can't be disk lens because it plays all other original/copied discs perfectly. My original disc is not even that scratched.
is there a way to be able to actually play this through USB loading?
cuz i cant get past a black screen...
like, what loader do you use, what specific settings...
yeah no what so ever Pokemon trainer NEVER EVER works for me and same for Project M it makes me sad as I reallly want to use that fancy solar beam with Ivysaur but it just darn freezes.... I hate it.... and also can't use Gecko because I don't have a SD card that is smaller than 4GB.
Since my lens is not reading dual layer discs, I use Configurable USB loader to load Brawl mods and PM.
Just at of curiosity... Does anyone else get Zero Suit Samus to T-pose when you hit some with her Jump-Dow-A?
I haven't had it happen... weird...
Well, I managed to fix my problem from the previous page.
Turns out that their default colors makes the Wii stop reading the disc...which is pretty dumb.
Quote from: Lee on January 27, 2013, 12:56:55 AM
Just at of curiosity... Does anyone else get Zero Suit Samus to T-pose when you hit some with her Jump-Dow-A?
Nope.
Try re-adding the original files again.
Guess who got to play Project:M today?
So far, things look and feel nice but some of the characters just feel and play in too clunky a manner for my taste.
Then there's the Hitstun. The [censored] hitstun.
The hit stun is ridiculous. Some characters literally, when hit at a certain percentage, will be entirely unable to recover in situations where they would normally be able to. Perfect example is when I played with Ganondorf. He got hit an an attack at one point, and he was sent reeling off the stage beyond the point of no return. This has happened with other characters several times too.
It's nice so far, but it really needs some fine-tuning.
Well, Velen. Not that I would know, since I haven't played P:M, and it's been a long time since I played Melee...
But was the hit stun pretty much like that in Melee? If so... They most likely won't fix it. Since that's how Melee was.
Also, about some characters being clunky... In most fighting games. There's always a character that is. And isn't right for each player. A character to you might not play well. But to another player, the one you like might not suit their tastes.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on January 31, 2013, 11:06:03 PM
Well, Velen. Not that I would know, since I haven't played P:M, and it's been a long time since I played Melee...
But was the hit stun pretty much like that in Melee? If so... They most likely won't fix it. Since that's how Melee was.
Also, about some characters being clunky... In most fighting games. There's always a character that is. And isn't right for each player. A character to you might not play well. But to another player, the one you like might not suit their tastes.
Stuff like the hitstun was happening at pretty low percentages. It's way too much. I wasn't even anywhere near the ledge, nor had that much damage, and that happened.
Fun Fact: Hitstun constants in Melee and Brawl are one and the same.
The key difference is that Melee and PM prohibits cancelling hitstun via air dodges/attacks/actions unless there's some sort of external interference.
On a side note, Smash 64's hitstun is quite a bit higher and more ridiculous.
Yeah Smash 64 was inspired by Pinball (Bumpers anyone?) so that makes sense.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 31, 2013, 11:33:02 PM
Fun Fact: Hitstun constants in Melee and Brawl are one and the same.
The key difference is that Melee and PM prohibits cancelling hitstun via air dodges/attacks/actions unless there's some sort of external interference.
On a side note, Smash 64's hitstun is quite a bit higher and more ridiculous.
I wish they hadn't done that. Some of the character's moves in Brawl could influence their momentum and allow them to survive longer by using said attacks out of hitstun. Now that's gone. Not everyone is as good as Melee tournament-goers were at utilizing DI on hit. Plus, allowing it would add more to each character's ability to survive. It was a step in the right direction to add that feature in Brawl.
I honestly see them regressing the game that way as a case of "it's better this way because Melee." I see it as unfair for the player to have to suffer that way. Watching at certain percents as they can literally no longer do anything to help their character keep from falling down to the blast zone. That's ridiculous IMO. Air Dodges I can understand, but not allowing a character to attack at all during the entire duration of the hitstun is just...dumb.
It's basically like "I hit you, now watch yourself die, foolish mortal".
This can even happen in situations where a character would normally be able to recover from that in Brawl. I think that's something Brawl did right.
Sounds like you're going through an adjustment phase.
Also the decisions we made on that was more than the fact that it was like that in Melee.
On a side note, the reason certain characters feel different is llikely because of how inputs are handled.
PM has no 10 frame buffer like Brawl, and also doesn't have Brawl's input lag of 0-2 frames, so characters WILL SEEM TO control awkwardly for the first few moments until you adjust to the lack of buffer and input lag.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on February 01, 2013, 02:45:16 AM
Sounds like you're going through an adjustment phase.
Also the decisions we made on that was more than the fact that it was like that in Melee.
On a side note, the reason certain characters feel different is llikely because of how inputs are handled.
PM has no 10 frame buffer like Brawl, and also doesn't have Brawl's input lag of 0-2 frames, so characters WILL SEEM TO control awkwardly for the first few moments until you adjust to the lack of buffer and input lag.
It has nothing to do with adjustment, EY. I don't actively play Project:M. Today was the first time I've played it. I've also played Melee before.
-and I believe that making the hitstun that way is unfair to the player in situations where in Brawl, they would've normally be able to recover. That was a step forward in gameplay, making the way it was in Brawl, where some moves can influence their momentum while in-flight out of hitstun after a certain amount of time to increase their ability to survive when used, rather than having to wait the entire duration of the hitstun, when it's already too late to recover. Lucario's Brawl version of his D-Air is a perfect example of this, and so is Bowser's F-Air.
So what exactly beyond the fact that it was that way in Melee is the reason for making that way? I see no reason to make it that way other than "it was that way in Melee, therefore it must be that way" because the Project M team is prominently made up of Melee veterans, whom I bet weren't too happy with the changes in Brawl.
So yes. I am basically saying you guys made it that way on preference rather than anything actually concrete. Cause it sure seems that way.
Don't take this the wrong way. I had fun today, playing Project:M, but all the same, the hitstun as it is, is ridiculously punishing, the guy sitting next to me who was playing agreed.
The change was made to focus more on combos and kills, and less on recovering, thereby contributing to a faster paced gameplay.
It has nothing to do with 'regressing back to Melee', as it is more to help the game feel less stalling in terms of kills and the like.
So you may think Brawl's ability to cancel hitstun was a step forward, but for a game that tries to emulate the core of Melee's gameplay, it wasn't, and therefore the option was removed.
Also as a side note, we not only have Melee players in our backroom, but we also have actual Brawl players helping on Project M, so the notion that we would be an all exclusive club of Melee veterans is just plain wrong.
There's the key phrase: "A game that tries to emulate the core of Melee's gameplay." You just contradicted yourself right there, whether you will deny it or not. In order to make the game emulate the core of Melee's gameplay, you have to regress the game's engine back to Melee features. Ergo, the notion that it has nothing to do with "regressing back to Melee" is wrong.
I think you intentionally misconstrued the meaning of my words as well. There's a difference between "Melee players" and "Melee veterans", DS, and I believe the majority, if not all of you are the latter phrasing.
After playing Project:M yesterday, I can already tell you that you guys have greatly succeeded in that in your goal. However, the notion that putting less focus on recovering contributes to faster paced gameplay is preposterous and plain wrong. Recovering is a large part of surviving in Smash, and it has been since SSB64. If your definition of faster gameplay is:
"Defeating your opponents will be faster since the hitstun will eventually make it impossible for them to recover in a situation where a character would normally be able to do so."
-only then would that suffice. After playing Project:M I can tell you there is no correlation between fast gameplay and less focus on recovering. Because as soon as it got down to two people, gameplay slowed way down. It felt just like we were playing Brawl again.
Sorry to burst your bubble.
You keep insinuating that trying to emulate Melee's gameplay is a regression.
That is simply not true.
Just because Melee is the older game, doesn't mean it's lesser than Brawl, might it be with hitstun or something else (otherwise we wouldn't even have Project M to begin with).
And I'm not misconstruing your words here.
The Melee players in my post and the Melee veterans in yours are one and the same, it's just the phrasing that's different here, nothing else.
And again, we also have Brawl 'veterans' in the backroom, so your argument that we would all be Melee 'veterans' is just plain wrong.
And recovering, while part of Smash, isn't the most important thing you try to make of it.
Limiting hitstun cancelling does indeed contribute towards faster gameplay, as you have less options to stall in the match, thereby increasing the pace of a match.
Also (and this may be a contributing fact towards your gripe with hitstun), there is something called 'Spikes', which make a return from Melee.
This in essential in an angle range that, when hit by, sends you down with a slight angle (I.E. Ganon's and C. Falcon's DAirs).
Then there is also something called 'Meteors', which have been in Smash since the 64 days.
These, like spikes, also send you downwards when hit by.
The key difference however is that while you are in hitstun when hit by both, you can cancel the knockback of a meteor, thereby giving you more lenience in terms of recovering, while a spike cannot be cancelled.
This might be a contributing factor to your reduced ability of recovering, as Brawl only had meteors.
All in all, the fact you don't particularly like a change doesn't necessarily mean it's a regression of gameplay, nor that it needs to be changed / fine-tuned (and trying to twist my words, or saying that you bust my bubble doesn't really help to bring over your cause either).
Quote from: ds22 on February 01, 2013, 03:57:33 PM
Just because Melee is the older game, doesn't mean it's lesser than Brawl
That's funny... because that's exactly what everyone seems to think. Melee being more than Brawl even though it's older.
I speak of this not in a negative light... but the way I see it, there could be at least five different games of Smash, and they would all still be compared to and considered worse than Melee simply because the gameplay wouldn't be a direct sequel of Melee. Don't get me wrong, it's all well and good that you're doing this... but considering the path of this mentality, and where it's headed, would I be wrong to say future Smash games will have their own installment of P:M? (Where hacking is applicable, of course.)
Seeing as Namco-Bandai is currently involved with the new Smash game, I don't see it happening any time soon.
Quote from: ds22 on February 01, 2013, 05:55:56 PM
Seeing as Namco-Bandai is currently involved with the new Smash game, I don't see it happening any time soon.
That doesn't mean much, though. I'm pretty sure they didn't state what parts of development they would be involved in.
Not to mention, it's Nintendo we're talkin about here. Even if NB was in charge of the gameplay, if Nintendo wants the next SSB to be more casual-friendly, more random, more defensive and with little to no combo potential, NB will have to do with that directing line. And I doubt that Melee/P:M enthusists would be really pleased about it.
Another small question that I've been meaning to ask for a little while:
Who is in charge of writing character stuff on the P:M website?
There's a gross profanity to video game history in ROB's intro about "saving the entire video game industry", which ... might want to get fixed. it's been around for awhile now, actually.
I trust it won't be as a party game as Brawl was.
And there are multiple people who write for the website, so I can't say for sure who wrote that part.
Regardless of that, I can easily pass it on and have someone fix that line (if felt necessary).
Spikes and meteors have nothing to do with my gripe with hitstun. Nor have they really ever caused a problem for me, cause I usually am able to dodge them a lot of the time.
(Spoiler due to size.)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'll play the game, sure, but I'm not about to praise the team for making decisions largely based on bias towards Melee.
Quote from: ds22 on February 01, 2013, 06:25:46 PM
I trust it won't be as a party game as Brawl was.
And there are multiple people who write for the website, so I can't say for sure who wrote that part.
Regardless of that, I can easily pass it on and have someone fix that line (if felt necessary).
Aren't all Smash games party games though?
Quote from: ds22 on February 01, 2013, 06:25:46 PM
I trust it won't be as a party game as Brawl was.
And there are multiple people who write for the website, so I can't say for sure who wrote that part.
Regardless of that, I can easily pass it on and have someone fix that line (if felt necessary).
I wouldn't put my "trust" on Nintendo to disregard Brawl's sales crushing Melee's with its "party-game" gameplay, especially in Japan. But to each their own, I suppose.
And okay. It's a popular "Nintendo" myth that Nintendo/the NES/SMB/ROB 'saved the entire video game industry", so that person probably believes he's completely right.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
@Velen
There things called DI, SDI, ASDI and DSDI, ever heard of them?
Because your argument that it removing hitstun cancelling hurts character survivability by that much is laughable.
And cancelling hitstun as soon as you enter it can indeed work stalling.
What's also laughable is that you keep using the 'Melee veteran' argument as a reason for why we would've removed hitstun cancelling.
We intend to keep, in accordance of the community, the best of all three Smash games, which favours most aspects of Melee (that the opinions of others who intend to play the game the fullest doesn't match with your opinion is up to you).
And while a lot of the backroom did indeed play Melee on a regular bases, it isn't 100%, and some even hail from the Brawl community (like TheReflexWonder, who made his fame in VBrawl with Wario and PT).
So again, your argument that the backroom is entirely made up of Melee 'veterans' is just plain wrong and uneducated.
And contrary to popular (and again, uneducated) believe, we do not think that Melee was a perfect game.
Melee, like most (if not all) games, has it's flaws.
That's why we aim at using the best elements from all three Smash games and combine them under one unified framework (thereby creating a game with tauntcancelling, wavedashing and DACUS all present).
We chose Melee as base due to the fact, while having flaws, wasn't as heavily flawed as VBrawl was, and to improve from there.
And while your opinion may differ from mine on what is to be called an improvement, the opinion of the many outweigh the opinion of the few, and in this case, your opinion belongs to the few.
But you are in your right to have an opinion about it and feel that it should be different.
What should be noted however is that the backroom doesn't operate on a one-tracked mindset that Melee was perfect, Brawl was [censored], and that it should have been a 1:1 clone of Melee + more characters.
It's not only wrong, but absurd as well to the point it's just mind-boggling to read.
Played Project:M earlier at the student lounge at the community college campus. The reviews from two of the guys playing were -and, I quote- "This is complete bull[censored]." They were both Melee players at one point...I'll get to why in a second, but I have a bug to report.
- On Fountain of Dreams, after Fox summoned the Landmaster, it suddenly shot up into the air and off-screen without warning, and ended with Fox getting stocked in the upper right corner of the screen. In another instance, the Landmaster was unable to fly up despite the platforms being semi-solid.
Onto why they called it bull[censored]. For some reason, there was input lag between pressing a button on the controller, even though there should not have been, but I'm going to chalk that up to the TV being the culprit.
Another problem they were having was that for some reason, the controllers in controller ports 1 and (I think) 3 were being generally unresponsive. They would press the jump button and nothing would happen, including on the second jump, and apparently things in general weren't working. I would chalk this up to the controllers, but I can't be sure.
We were using the Homebrew Full-Set.
Yeah out of curiosity, will there be a download of earlier builds? Curious.
@Velen
Using HD and widescreen TVs tend to produce some display lag, which can throw people off in terms of timing and input.
And while it seems that the Landmaster is indeed bugged (and will have to be fixed in a future release), the controller port issue however could be caused due to the Wii not properly reading certain files from the SD card, which can be fixed by reformatting the SD card (be sure to back up your files though).
Eight out ten times it fixes such problems.
@LC-DDM
I'm not sure, though if the demand for it is high enough, it could potentially be made available in the future.
I'm pretty sure I still have 2.1
(Mirror anyone?)
Why would you want a version other than 2.5b, though? It's mechanically worse, less polished, and has less characters.
Quote from: Velen on February 01, 2013, 06:32:02 PMI was playing as Ganondorf, against someone playing Dedede, and someone playing Luigi. I was at around 50-70%. Dedede sends me sailing through the air with his hammer, near the center of the stage, instead of recovering, I end up spiraling all the way to the blast zone below the stage, and I'm not even that far away from the ledge. If it were Brawl, I would've been able to recover and grab the ledge with his Up-B. That didn't happen due to the lack of hitstun canceling in Project:M.
If you were killed from the center of the stage as Ganondorf at mid-percent, you were doing something wrong. Something very, very wrong. The thing that first comes to mind would be the fact that you can't airdodge out of tumble in Project M, but uh... You would have had well over two seconds to just... Jump?
Quote from: Shadic on February 14, 2013, 05:27:30 AM
Why would you want a version other than 2.5b, though? It's mechanically worse, less polished, and has less characters.
If you were killed from the center of the stage as Ganondorf at mid-percent, you were doing something wrong. Something very, very wrong. The thing that first comes to mind would be the fact that you can't airdodge out of tumble in Project M, but uh... You would have had well over two seconds to just... Jump?
I don't think you understand. I literally could not do anything as I spiraled like a football in a lateral all the way into the pit. I tried jumping. I tried using Up-B. Nothing.
Quote from: Shadic on February 14, 2013, 05:27:30 AM
Why would you want a version other than 2.5b, though? It's mechanically worse, less polished, and has less characters.
If you were killed from the center of the stage as Ganondorf at mid-percent, you were doing something wrong. Something very, very wrong. The thing that first comes to mind would be the fact that you can't airdodge out of tumble in Project M, but uh... You would have had well over two seconds to just... Jump?
Because the 2.1 version actually lets you use the movesets in vB. I mean, Snake makes him not take Explosion-steroids.
Welp it's about time I bumped this thread huh?
It was announced a couple of weeks ago that a demo 2.6 would be coming with changes to balance, and possibly one more character (I've been following the thread on Smash boards and it's looks like we are getting Meta Knight at least)
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-on-show-me-your-news-7-16 (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-on-show-me-your-news-7-16)
Supposedly we are getting more info on Demo 2.6 today.
Oh and some changes were made to Link which I'm pretty hyped for as I secondary Link in P:M
(http://projectmgame.com/content/images/news/linkrang.jpg)
Turbo mode was announced for 3.0 though.
Quote from: ds22 on July 16, 2013, 11:44:01 AMTurbo mode was announced for 3.0 though.
(https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQBBxBN1njul9XWf&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FZ92MxCndZa4%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg%3Ffeature%3Dog&jq=100)
Yep, make sure to check this podcast (http://www.twitch.tv/showmeyournews/) at 8PM EST/5PM PST/Midnight GMT for demo 2.6 info. We got some good stuff for y'all.
Quote from: ds22 on July 16, 2013, 11:44:01 AM
Turbo mode was announced for 3.0 though.
whoops, my bad, I was a little hazy on that one, thanks for fixing me on that!
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on July 16, 2013, 11:57:10 AM
Yep, make sure to check this podcast (http://www.twitch.tv/showmeyournews/) at 8PM EST/5PM PST/Midnight GMT for demo 2.6 info. We got some good stuff for y'all.
Yeah I'll make sure to watch and let everyone that misses it know what they missed.
Edit*
Project M Demo 2.6 Roster Reveal - Meta Knight Rises! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoEeRtANciE#ws)
For those not watching the stream, Meta Knight was announced, as well as tomorrow being the release date!
Other things talked about so far is that almost every character is getting tweaks, with Lucas, Sonic, Mario, Link, Ike, and Zero Suit Samus getting larger tweaks from what I could gather.
so 2.6 only adds meta knight to the roster?
well, better than nothing, btw, what version would supposedly become the final one? 4.0, 5.0, 200.0 ?
I doubt there'll ever be a final version. At best, the oh-so-advertised "Gold" version, which I assume has all the characters ready for use, as well as releasing the stuff used in the making of P:M to the public and a PAL release. I assume, anyway.
final does mean last after all, so willingly or not, there will be one xD
maybe it's not as good as they want it to be by then, bt it'll still be a final version.
so yeah, how's the team's motivation, with ssb4 being announced and stuff, did it increase the motivation, or lower it?
Quote from: joke king on July 19, 2013, 03:37:42 PM
final does mean last after all, so willingly or not, there will be one xD
maybe it's not as good as they want it to be by then, bt it'll still be a final version.
so yeah, how's the team's motivation, with ssb4 being announced and stuff, did it increase the motivation, or lower it?
The fact that they only have 5 more characters left makes me think they are still going to work on it.
I suggest everyone try Demo 2.6 to see that they do still care quite a lot as there are some awesome changes.
So far, I haven't seen many changes for Version 2.6. I'd have to browse SmashBoards and play the game some more.
But I'd like to say this now...
The new Link Boomerang Animations are kinda bad, in my opinion.
http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-changelist-for-demo-2-6.338694/#post-15700463 (http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-changelist-for-demo-2-6.338694/#post-15700463)
I used md5sums to figure out which stages changed from Demo 2.5b. I don't know what's changed in most of them, except SSE Jungle (smaller) and Lylat Cruise (doesn't tilt.)
Too bad there's no Yoshi. :'(
I main him.
Quote from: joke king on July 19, 2013, 03:37:42 PM
final does mean last after all, so willingly or not, there will be one xD
maybe it's not as good as they want it to be by then, bt it'll still be a final version.
so yeah, how's the team's motivation, with ssb4 being announced and stuff, did it increase the motivation, or lower it?
You're thinking as though there won't be any more character fixes after Gold, though, which I don't see happening.
Considering how P:M is, Gold would do said fixes the same way some fighters do their patches.
'cept you don't get an extra character by paying for it.
Quote from: joke king on July 19, 2013, 03:37:42 PM
final does mean last after all, so willingly or not, there will be one xD
maybe it's not as good as they want it to be by then, bt it'll still be a final version.
so yeah, how's the team's motivation, with ssb4 being announced and stuff, did it increase the motivation, or lower it?
We're still very motivated. I personally within the last week have done more animations within this space of time for P:M than I have for a long time. There's still a lot of stuff we have in store for the fans
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on July 22, 2013, 07:37:42 PM
We're still very motivated. I personally within the last week have done more animations within this space of time for P:M than I have for a long time. There's still a lot of stuff we have in store for the fans
Are there any plans to fix up various animations that seem a bit odd? Like v2.6 Link's Boomerang throw for example.
SDo0m. I've got a question for you. How is Zelda countereable? I recently downloaded PM to play with some friends that only play SSBM, and while they handled the mechanics pretty quickly and started doing the things they did with Fox and Marth, they couldn't beat me as Zelda, believing her Side B was too.... Strong. How do you counter Zelda? Where's her downside, because even her A attacks are quite fast and strong.
Also, I found Toon Link to be underpowered. Where does his power lays to compensate for that weak Up B as recovery? I only played for 20 minutes or so, but I felt like asking for when I play again with them.
Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't tried 2.6 yet, but I think I maybe have an answer to your question about Zelda.
Maybe she still suffers angle issues like in vanilla Brawl and maybe the original SSB Melee. So maybe the characters that can reflect projectiles like Fox's Down B, should be able to handle Zelda well.
I hope that answers the question about Zelda, correct me if I'm wrong.
I love Mario, I defeated Level 9's with ease, even Fox. Without losing a life. :happy:
~Don't Change Mario, PMBR~
Quote from: Bakuz (KC) on August 03, 2013, 03:22:29 AM
I love Mario, I defeated Level 9's with ease, even Fox. Without losing a life. :happy:
CPUs are nothing, compared to Human Players. :happy:
Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on August 03, 2013, 04:13:33 AM
CPUs are nothing, compared to Human Players. :happy:
Nope, not at all.
CPU have... Well, machine like reflexes. But can not adapt as a match progresses like a human...
Quote from: Albafika on August 03, 2013, 01:35:24 AM
SDo0m. I've got a question for you. How is Zelda countereable? I recently downloaded PM to play with some friends that only play SSBM, and while they handled the mechanics pretty quickly and started doing the things they did with Fox and Marth, they couldn't beat me as Zelda, believing her Side B was too.... Strong. How do you counter Zelda? Where's her downside, because even her A attacks are quite fast and strong.
Also, I found Toon Link to be underpowered. Where does his power lays to compensate for that weak Up B as recovery? I only played for 20 minutes or so, but I felt like asking for when I play again with them.
Side B can be clanked with most attacks whilst it's still 'pulsing' is probably the main thing. The other being that Zelda, despite being overall very good now, is still light, tall, floaty and slow and although teleport cancels help to alleviate her slow speed somewhat most characters overall have superior mobility compared to her. Infact Fox and Marth in particular are actually two of her weaker match ups partially due to this reason.
As for Toon Link, he actually has a nifty trick with his recovery thanks to aerial glide tossing (you do an air dodge then a couple of frames later throw your item so it uses the same principle as Brawl's ground glide tossing). You can aerial glide toss you bomb upwards then Up B into it to restore your Up B whilst gaining some distance. Here's an idea of what I mean:
Project M - Toon Link Bomb Jump Guide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S24m-1_WCnE#ws)
Though now generally aerial Up B serves more as a kill move (follow up after a DThrow at higher %).
Project M Roster Reveal - Challenger Approaching! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41m5WoH6gQ#)
(http://projectmgame.com//content/images/news/royrender.png)
Roy announced, and he looks [censored]ing hype, nice to see my melee main get into PM officially.
So how bout dat Clone Engine?
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 19, 2013, 01:29:16 AM
So how bout dat Clone Engine?
So Dantarion got the Clone Engine working? =o
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 19, 2013, 01:31:34 AM
So Dantarion got the Clone Engine working? =o
100%. Along with ds22 and other wizards.
The boy is back. :happy:
That render is beyond sexy. It matches the SSB4 style. Who made it? :srs:
Speaking of Clone Engine, will Dant/ds22/etc. release it to us all (like turbo mode, engine lag fix, etc.?)?
Anyway Roy looks awesome (& now for Mewtwo)
My boy. (`:
With a down-air that meteors much more easily, no less.
what
Forget that Roy nonsense, rewind a second.
CLONE ENGINE?
....Okay, you can remember the Roy nonsense now, I know some of you will skewer me for this, lol!
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on September 19, 2013, 01:42:03 AM
The boy is back. :happy:
That render is beyond sexy. It matches the SSB4 style. Who made it? :srs:
Thany's model. Except the hair. Pik made that.
Pik also textured that sexy beast.
And yes. The clone engine works almost perfectly with most characters.
Regarding public release of the CE...
it is a set of very complex codes which are completely safe in the way we work with it. Only a few people are capable of manipulating it safely, we don't want the public getting confused and start thinking that PM is harmful to your wii and/or save file in any way.
Turbo and everything will be in Project M 3.0
I'm cool with seeing the CE operational, even if it's very particular about how it behaves.
Also, cool to see Roy in BrawlProject M in an official capacity. His new moves look tight, especially that Double-Edged Dance.
Edit: Wait, Roy's in Demo 3?
Yup. He will be in our next big update/release.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 04:25:12 AM
Yup. He will be in our next big update/release.
Well color me impressed then. Didn't think we'd see any CE stuff until post Demo 3.0, but I'm glad to be wrong.
This is slightly OT, but what's your favorite part of being PMBR (anyone can answer this, if applicable)?
Project M 3.0 is going to be so hype, that my body will never be ready!!! :o
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 19, 2013, 01:33:45 AM
100%. Along with ds22 and other wizards.
Tell Dantarion to make 50 clones of himself, send that clone back into the past with the time machine he built 5 weeks ago, and send all 50 of those clones to the past in order to prevent the clone engine from taking so long to be made. ;) :laugh: :D
Are you trying to turn Dantarion into Xehanort? ¦D;
Anywho, hyped for Roy. Hyped for the Clone Engine. Hyped for other possible characters. (Only one in particular that I want) Hyped for 3.0. ¦3
I totally just noticed that one of Roy's moves during his Double edge dance is based on Sol Badguy's gunflame from Guilty Gear...
Color me more hyped >.<
Quote from: Shun_One on September 19, 2013, 04:28:28 AM
Well color me impressed then. Didn't think we'd see any CE stuff until post Demo 3.0, but I'm glad to be wrong.
This is slightly OT, but what's your favorite part of being PMBR (anyone can answer this, if applicable)?
The PMBR is a group of guys (and a few girls) that are really chill and fun to work with. The stuff they can do with Brawl is absolutely amazing. We work on a set timeframe, but it's pretty casual so I never feel stressed with anything I have to do.
OUR BOY IS BACK BABY!!!
so a question on the clone engine,Is the only thing we have to wait on for a public release is to make it more user friendly?
Clone engine? Niiiiiiiiiice. Not surprised it won't be available to the public or anything, but I'm sure that'll come with time.
What I really want to know is how it works. Y'know, the real nitty-gritty stuff. I remember ds22 saying that it would require a lot of things to be moved around and that it would be nearly impossible, so I'm curious as to what changed.
Also Roy yay. But I'm more hyped for a certain purple psychic clone to show up.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on September 19, 2013, 10:29:40 AM
I totally just noticed that one of Roy's moves during his Double edge dance is based on Sol Badguy's gunflame from Guilty Gear...
Color me more hyped >.<
My man. I thought I was the only one who noticed.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 12:05:57 PM
The PMBR is a group of guys (and a few girls) that are really chill and fun to work with. The stuff they can do with Brawl is absolutely amazing. We work on a set timeframe, but it's pretty casual so I never feel stressed with anything I have to do.
Thanks for the answer. Was curious about it. I applied a while ago, but didn't make it.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 03:38:04 AM
Thany's model. Except the hair. Pik made that.
Pik also textured that sexy beast.
And yes. The clone engine works perfectly now.
Regarding public release of the CE...
it is a set of very complex codes which are completely safe in the way we work with it. Only a few people are capable of manipulating it safely, we don't want the public getting confused and start thinking that PM is harmful to your wii and/or save file in any way.
Turbo and everything will be in Project M 3.0
It's one of the best models I've ever seen, I think.
This all makes a great deal of sense concerning the clone engine. Follow up-questions:
* By "perfectly", do you mean it isn't just some convenient exploit that can somehow handle one character? Several can be done?
* If yes to the last question, are more planned? I don't know if it's something you can answer, but it seemed vague enough of a question for it. A few PMBR members have said he is "the first CE character", but we want to know whether or not he's the last, too (although I doubt it).
Post Merge: September 19, 2013, 04:25:09 PM
Quote from: Shun_One on September 19, 2013, 03:28:26 PM
Thanks for the answer. Was curious about it. I applied a while ago, but didn't make it.
Wow, I did not see that coming. I'm obviously not a member but if I were told earlier today that you just became one, I would not be even slightly surprised.
inb4mewtwo
Quote from: dmick on September 19, 2013, 04:22:31 PM
It's one of the best models I've ever seen, I think.
This all makes a great deal of sense concerning the clone engine. Follow up-questions:
* By "perfectly", do you mean it isn't just some convenient exploit that can somehow handle one character? Several can be done?
* If yes to the last question, are more planned? I don't know if it's something you can answer, but it seemed vague enough of a question for it. A few PMBR members have said he is "the first CE character", but we want to know whether or not he's the last, too (although I doubt it).
Post Merge: September 19, 2013, 04:25:09 PM
Wow, I did not see that coming. I'm obviously not a member but if I were told earlier today that you just became one, I would not be even slightly surprised.
By "perfect" I mean that it has almost no glitches or bugs. The code is extremely stable, and we can clone almost whoever we want. However, the coding is very specific and complex, thus why we haven't released it. Even I don't know how the codes work, and I personally can't make my own slot with a custom character.
At the moment we do not have any further new clone announcements, due to our limitations and current projects we are working on.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 07:19:05 PM
By "perfect" I mean that it has no glitches or bugs. The code is extremely stable, and we can clone whoever we want. However, the coding is very specific and complex, thus why we haven't released it. Even I don't know how the codes work, and I personally can't make my own slot with a custom character.
At the moment we do not have any further new clone announcements, due to our limitations and current projects we are working on.
That's better news than I was expecting, actually. I'm not really concerned about the public release of the codes so much, but it's great that there aren't any barriers with making stuff. This includes projectiles and the like, right? (inb4 nothing is stopping Mewtwo now)
Kind of expected that, but thanks anyway. Sorry if I/we are kind of grilling you on this stuff. It's pretty darn exciting.
I think our CE depends on a lot of the general PM codes... Which is another reason we won't release it yet. It doesn't work with normal Brawl.
We don't want to cause a lot of people the frustration of crashes due to code and module errors.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 19, 2013, 07:38:13 PM
I think our CE depends on a lot of the general PM codes... Which is another reason we won't release it yet. It doesn't work with normal Brawl.
We don't want to cause a lot of people the frustration of crashes due to code and module errors.
This really isn't for me since I'll be playing P:M for as long as I play Brawl, but does that "yet" mean that adaptations are being made? I think a lot of people believe that the codes are and will be P:M exclusive.
Hasn't that Engine been operational for quite awhile now, if you guys had the time to make a fully operational Roy? oô
It certainly looks impressive, but I have trouble understanding what exactly makes it so impossible for non-PMBR users to set it up. If Dant and ds22 have been working for years on it, they should be more than able to explain how they got it to work.
Quotewe don't want the public getting confused and start thinking that PM is harmful to your wii and/or save file in any way.
This in particular, I do not understand the logic of. CE =/= PM. If you released it separately, I doubt even half the users would associate it with P:M.
Besides, there's been other supposedly "dangerous" codes. They didn't seem to trigger such backlash in the overall community.
Quote from: Miacis on September 19, 2013, 09:25:22 PM
Hasn't that Engine been operational for quite awhile now, if you guys had the time to make a fully operational Roy? oô
It certainly looks impressive, but I have trouble understanding what exactly makes it so impossible for non-PMBR users to set it up. If Dant and ds22 have been working for years on it, they should be more than able to explain how they got it to work.
This in particular, I do not understand the logic of. CE =/= PM. If you released it separately, I doubt even half the users would associate it with P:M.
Besides, there's been other supposedly "dangerous" codes. They didn't seem to trigger such backlash.
That does make a good deal of sense, at least once there's a version for vBrawl. I think what he's saying is that they will release and explain, but only once they make a version that doesn't need to run alongside other P:M codes.
when i used to have the clone engine leak i found on a pastebin site, i could never get it to work for vbrawl. so i belive its in P:M's main coding or what not instead of just the clone engine code
Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 19, 2013, 09:46:06 PM
when i used to have the clone engine leak i found on a pastebin site, i could never get it to work for vbrawl. so i belive its in P:M's main coding or what not instead of just the clone engine code
That's how it's sounding, yeah. Still, how were you able to test it? Don't you need more than just the code to get everything working?
yeah. you also needed .rels. which caused gfx gltiches.
Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 19, 2013, 10:06:53 PM
yeah. you also needed .rels. which caused gfx gltiches.
That sounds pretty good, though. I figured that you meant other things went wrong and the character wouldn't play, or something messed up before then. It seemed pretty difficult to change the interface to have more characters (whether in the CSS, CSPS, BPs, result screen, etc), and then you still have things like SFX and other game modes. That code must be pretty darn comprehensive.
the extra slots wouldnt load the icons on screen if i used vbrawl or what not. i made teh .rels myself and they wrked
Wow Roy Is Back and better than ever!Come on my main Mewtwo!
One general PM question:
I noticed that the cpu can wavedash and L cancel is this only level 9?Because I keep losing by a lot so can I take this off?Maybe by making them level 8?
I hope we can at least see some stuff to add Roy to vanilla Brawl, just to have the option. Really impressive work all the same though.
...look in the Vault?
GAH! I really hope this Clone Engine thing works!
Quote from: Miacis on September 19, 2013, 09:25:22 PMIt certainly looks impressive, but I have trouble understanding what exactly makes it so impossible for non-PMBR users to set it up. If Dant and ds22 have been working for years on it, they should be more than able to explain how they got it to work.
I'm going to guess it was a happy mistake that some of the code already in the PM framework just happened to be key components in getting the clone engine to work, as well as some of the other things like character modules and CSS stuff (like the way Zelda/Shiek and the Pokémon are separated).
Buuuut that's a guess, just based on how I read nano's post and what I've seen in PM.
(On an OT note, I would also guess that your current avatar comes from some of emperpep's work. I recognize that art style anywhere.)
Clone Engine, jebus
Any chance of Roy working on the WiFi version of P:M?
More than likely. The PM-playing community would be in an uproar if something that worked offline and majorly affected play didn't work online.
Finally I can keep Ike and Marth while having my boy Roy.
Quote from: Kage Ryu on September 20, 2013, 02:23:14 AMI'm going to guess it was a happy mistake that some of the code already in the PM framework just happened to be key components in getting the clone engine to work, as well as some of the other things like character modules and CSS stuff (like the way Zelda/Shiek and the Pokémon are separated).
Buuuut that's a guess, just based on how I read nano's post and what I've seen in PM.
Then they could just release it with the part that somehow happens to work with it? Call it the "Clone Engine + Separated Pokemon" code or whatevs. I doubt people would really mind.
Unless they somehow managed to weave the CE into the very fabric of P:M, so that there is absolutely no way to have the CE without P:M. But then, even my limited knowledge of Gecko codes tells me that we'd be exiting out of the "happy mistake" domain and entering that of witchcraft. :P
(Also, that is correct. Glad to see a fellow fan of his/her art.)
Quote from: Miacis on September 20, 2013, 07:21:59 PM
Then they could just release it with the part that somehow happens to work with it? Call it the "Clone Engine + Separated Pokemon" code or whatevs. I doubt people would really mind.
Unless they somehow managed to weave the CE into the very fabric of P:M, so that there is absolutely no way to have the CE without P:M. But then, even my limited knowledge of Gecko codes tells me that we'd be exiting out of the "happy mistake" domain and entering that of witchcraft. :P
(Also, that is correct. Glad to see a fellow fan of his/her art.)
Possibly? Part of my guessing at their reasoning behind it being so integral to PM is just looking at PM's GCT through Mewtwo's GCT Analyzer. It's just one huge chunk of over 4500 lines of code (whereas, say, Brawl Minus's code is broken up into sections that detail most of what goes on). I can only guess that the PMBR either has their own little tools that make it easier, use a common tool I am unaware of, or they have extreme coders that can read hexadecimal as well as Neo reads the matrix. And woven into the fibers of that impenetrable wall of numbers and letters are parts of the clone engine that could break or not work well if not stabilized by the other patches in the quilt. Or maybe the coders just don't want to release certain parts of their work, since it would probably ultimately be up to the coders themselves whether or not that gets released rather than the whole of PMBR.
But again, take that all with a grain of salt. This is speculation from someone whose knowledge of GCT code is limited to frankensteining other people's hexadecimal paragraphs and hoping to make a cohesive story out of it. I can't even put a PM Fox in a non-PM codeset without him t-posing or freezing because I don't know what they did to make him tick, let alone grasp this whole clone-engine thing.
Also, did I use enough metaphors? 8D
PM Movesets require their .rels and codes in order to work.
Quote from: Kage Ryu on September 21, 2013, 12:33:06 AM
Possibly? Part of my guessing at their reasoning behind it being so integral to PM is just looking at PM's GCT through Mewtwo's GCT Analyzer. It's just one huge chunk of over 4500 lines of code (whereas, say, Brawl Minus's code is broken up into sections that detail most of what goes on). I can only guess that the PMBR either has their own little tools that make it easier, use a common tool I am unaware of, or they have extreme coders that can read hexadecimal as well as Neo reads the matrix. And woven into the fibers of that impenetrable wall of numbers and letters are parts of the clone engine that could break or not work well if not stabilized by the other patches in the quilt. Or maybe the coders just don't want to release certain parts of their work, since it would probably ultimately be up to the coders themselves whether or not that gets released rather than the whole of PMBR.
But again, take that all with a grain of salt. This is speculation from someone whose knowledge of GCT code is limited to frankensteining other people's hexadecimal paragraphs and hoping to make a cohesive story out of it. I can't even put a PM Fox in a non-PM codeset without him t-posing or freezing because I don't know what they did to make him tick, let alone grasp this whole clone-engine thing.
Also, did I use enough metaphors? 8D
lol it actually just looked like most of the codes were unknown. has anyone tried matching known codes to that wall of text? (click edit, copy the code your looking for, find) i know dusty decompiled some of the codes that way but not all of them, theres obviously ones that won't be known till the coders want them to be. mewtwos gct analyzer or gct editor just condenses all the codes it can't read into a single paragraph. even the simple codes like stock modifier can sometimes toss it off balance because everyone can add different values to get different results.
I was wondering, has anyone done any custom Character select screens for brawl? And with this new clone engine does that mean essentially any character could be made and not have to take the place of an existing character? Also how does the clone engine work? Say I wanted to put a psa over a character that they add via the clone engine like roy, would I just add the psa over his files like I have before or will I have to go through a different process?
It will be the same as modding other characters. The files will be named FitRoyXX if you put skins over our CE Roy.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 21, 2013, 05:11:58 PM
It will be the same as modding other characters. The files will be named FitRoyXX if you put skins over our CE Roy.
Is there anyway I could go about adding additional copies of characters to puts psa's over them? I use Scott Pilgrim over Lucas, is it possible for me to add another lucas then add Scott over Lucas i added so I can have both?
Yes. Thats the point of the Clone Engine.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 21, 2013, 05:40:48 PM
Yes. Thats the point of the Clone Engine.
I think what means is to ask is whether or not this is possible to do over the guys P:M is putting in. Like, putting in a Sephiroth PSA over Roy, for example, with SFX and all.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 21, 2013, 01:23:28 AM
PM Movesets require their .rels and codes in order to work.
Exactly. I can, say, put PM Fox's fighter files and his .rel in whatever build I have, but that only goes so far without knowing the codes in the GCT that smooth out the kinks.
Quote from: dmick on September 21, 2013, 05:43:26 PM
I think what means is to ask is whether or not this is possible to do over the guys P:M is putting in. Like, putting in a Sephiroth PSA over Roy, for example, with SFX and all.
Yes. You can use PSAs and any file for the character that's cloned
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 21, 2013, 06:55:31 PM
Yes. You can use PSAs and any file for the character that's cloned
Huh. I honestly didn't expect it to be that easy. My guess is that porting is going to get a lot more common...
But up to how many characters can we clone?
iirc Brawl's CSS can hold up to 50 slots max, but who knows.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 21, 2013, 06:55:31 PM
Yes. You can use PSAs and any file for the character that's cloned
So would I just copy the fighter folder and paste it or do I need to go through some extra steps to actually be able to clone characters I want to? Sorry for all the question, I'm new to this and just giddy with excitement for all the new potential characters.
You're gonna need the codes and the .rels. You'll also need to set up the CSS with new CSPs, you'll need the BP's, and everything.
Never thought I'd see the day...
Quote from: Xenozoa425 on September 21, 2013, 07:05:38 PM
iirc Brawl's CSS can hold up to 50 slots max, but who knows.
Yep 50 is the max, so maybe we could have 15 cloned slots? I have 49 slots currently with all the gimmick characters and transformations separated, but I would gladly replace those with PSA's.
Question: If I wanted to have 2 Marth's instead of the Sonic/Knuckles, is there a way to mod the EFS system to do that without a new DL?
Quote from: Bakuz (KC) on September 22, 2013, 02:29:49 AM
Question: If I wanted to have 2 Marth's instead of the Sonic/Knuckles, is there a way to mod the EFS system to do that without a new DL?
wrong thread? I assume you ment to put this where its related.
but yes. edit a marth .rel to use knuckles's id and replace teh .rel. it still ahs to be named knuckles
and to keep this on topic, I havent played P:M for awhile, but I still love Pit. His Up smash to Side-B to Up-b is fun. Great job on Pit guys (and gals?)
on the regards of the clone engine, is it possible to add a super character much like Giga Bowser and Wario-man to a pre-existing character. for example (given you haven't given Charizard a final smash of his own) you'll be able to use a character slot for Charizard to swap out to Mega Charizard for a few seconds... much like Wario and Wario-man
so if im understanding correctly, u can now have 50 different CSP slot icons?
because if i remember correctly, cloned characters would copy the csp's of their original base character.
or is roy using Pokemon trainers csp cosmetics? since pokemon trainer is not used in pm...
Quote from: marioking64DS on September 22, 2013, 02:34:57 AM
on the regards of the clone engine, is it possible to add a super character much like Giga Bowser and Wario-man to a pre-existing character. for example (given you haven't given Charizard a final smash of his own) you'll be able to use a character slot for Charizard to swap out to Mega Charizard for a few seconds... much like Wario and Wario-man
No, its not possible to switch out characters mid-play via CE and Final Smash editing.
Quote from: FitMr.MW01.pcs on September 22, 2013, 04:37:13 PM
so if im understanding correctly, u can now have 50 different CSP slot icons?
because if i remember correctly, cloned characters would copy the csp's of their original base character.
or is roy using Pokemon trainers csp cosmetics? since pokemon trainer is not used in pm...
Roy uses his own CSP slots, as well as his other aesthetics.
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 22, 2013, 04:56:09 PM
No, its not possible to switch out characters mid-play via CE and Final Smash editing.
well isn't that a real shame
Quote from: marioking64DS on September 22, 2013, 05:03:36 PM
well isn't that a real shame
They'll probably get there eventually. lol
Quote from: Nanobuds on September 22, 2013, 04:56:09 PM
No, its not possible to switch out characters mid-play via CE and Final Smash editing.
Roy uses his own CSP slots, as well as his other aesthetics.
Hey Nano, P:M is looking great, but what's really left to do now that you've added roy and Turbo mode is being shown off (looks amazing lol)
Quote from: marioking64DS on September 22, 2013, 02:34:57 AM
on the regards of the clone engine, is it possible to add a super character much like Giga Bowser and Wario-man to a pre-existing character. for example (given you haven't given Charizard a final smash of his own) you'll be able to use a character slot for Charizard to swap out to Mega Charizard for a few seconds... much like Wario and Wario-man
its been possible
http://youtu.be/3-xRaW8ko6k (http://youtu.be/3-xRaW8ko6k)
Quote from: ShadowWolf on September 22, 2013, 05:30:03 PM
Hey Nano, P:M is looking great, but what's really left to do now that you've added roy and Turbo mode is being shown off (looks amazing lol)
Pay attention to our blog for the next few weeks. You will find out soon enough.
Quote from: FitMr.MW01.pcs on September 22, 2013, 05:31:53 PM
its been possible
http://youtu.be/3-xRaW8ko6k (http://youtu.be/3-xRaW8ko6k)
Thats not using the Clone Engine though, its your file expansion system thingy, right?
Quote from: FitMr.MW01.pcs on September 22, 2013, 05:31:53 PM
its been possible
not what I meant, I meant like when Wario uses his final smash he loads in a new character(FitWarioman stuff) not swapping colours, I just was asking if it was possible to set up a Wario to WarioMan like thing for anyone on the cast.
that needs to be refered to in the character's .rel, wario's rel has a reference to warioman, like bowser has it to Gbowser etc.
Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 22, 2013, 04:56:09 PM
Roy uses his own CSP slots, as well as his other aesthetics.
I will await the blog post detailing the Clone Engine with anticipation. In the mean time, I will plan out several Roy recolors because I can.
Can't wait for the 3.0, hoping for more chracters like Yoshi and Kirby.
Will the cloning engine work for any hacked Brawl or is it just Project M?
Quote from: FitBrian01.pcs on September 22, 2013, 10:25:13 PM
that needs to be refered to in the character's .rel, wario's rel has a reference to warioman, like bowser has it to Gbowser etc.
ah, thanks for clearing that up for me
Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 22, 2013, 05:36:54 PM
Thats not using the Clone Engine though, its your file expansion system thingy, right?
yes
Quote from: marioking64DS on September 22, 2013, 05:44:41 PM
not what I meant, I meant like when Wario uses his final smash he loads in a new character(FitWarioman stuff) not swapping colours, I just was asking if it was possible to set up a Wario to WarioMan like thing for anyone on the cast.
if u paid attention to the video at the end the character switches psa
so its a work around to what u want
the code would have to be modified to be activated when final smash, and to load the seperate psa
anyways its good to know that roy has his own csp cosmetics now, i think that was one of the major flaws for the clone engine
when will we see this codes?
Quote from: FitMr.MW01.pcs on September 23, 2013, 02:34:03 AM
if u paid attention to the video at the end the character switches psa
so its a work around to what u want
the code would have to be modified to be activated when final smash, and to load the seperate psa
now after fully watching it i understand, i just watched for abit before, my bad
So the big question I have is, how's Kirby gonna work with Roy? Since he's not in P:M yet it's not something that needs to be thought about yet but I'm curious if it's gonna work okay.
I'm curious to know this as well. Just clone another Kirby hat slot with Roy's name on it?
im guessing the reason for kirby to be one of the last are the kirby hats?
Turbo Tuesday Roy
http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM (http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM)
Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 24, 2013, 08:02:42 PM
Turbo Tuesday Roy
http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM (http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM)
Awesome. I hope this means we'll get a lot more footage of Roy soon.
Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 24, 2013, 08:02:42 PM
Turbo Tuesday Roy
http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM (http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM)
I did not think it was possible for mah boy to get any more awesome.
And he just did.
Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 24, 2013, 08:02:42 PM
Turbo Tuesday Roy
http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM (http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM)
Quote from: Dmickolas on September 24, 2013, 08:11:03 PM
Awesome. I hope this means we'll get a lot more footage of Roy soon.
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on September 24, 2013, 08:18:35 PM
I did not think it was possible for mah boy to get any more awesome.
And he just did.
No words can describe how FREAKIN AWESOME THIS! MY BOY IS CRAZY!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
Will any more characters be added to project M with this clone engine?
*CROSSES FINGERS HOPING FOR SHADOW YEAHYEAHHIGHLYUNLIKELYBLAHBLAHSHADOWOVERUSEDBLAHBLAH BUT STILL.......seriously project M Shadow would be freaking amazing*
as much as i dont like P:M, I stinking LOVE that turbo stuff! :D
soooo... turbo mode isnt in 2.6? :(
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on September 25, 2013, 12:38:02 AM
soooo... turbo mode isnt in 2.6? :(
(http://i.imgur.com/HcT37.png?1)
Have you even played Demo v2.6 yet? ._.
Imagine TAS Roy...whats more deadlier?
yes i have, and i didnt see turbo mode...
so im seriously asking, is it there or not. and i am waiting for a serious answer...
It is not in 2.6
ok, thank you, but wasnt it announced for 2.6?
cant wait to get my hands on turbo mode, seems like fun.
It wasn't announced for 2.6.
It was announced for 3.0, which will be our next release.
I wish I had another sd card i could use for PM
#firstworldproblems
Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 25, 2013, 03:53:08 PM
I wish I had another sd card i could use for PM
#firstworldproblems
lol, Join the dark side. You could probably transfer most things over without a problem anyway.
After watching Roy's video, I would like to ask... In what does Marth excels that Roy doesn't? What differentiates them? I see Roy was given a spike now, too, and a good aerial play, which were Marth's things.
never was a big fan of project m but the roy video looked nice i may jut get it once its dont
Quote from: Albafika on September 25, 2013, 04:29:44 PM
After watching Roy's video, I would like to ask... In what does Marth excels that Roy doesn't? What differentiates them? I see Roy was given a spike now, too, and a good aerial play, which were Marth's things.
Roy's Down-Aerial isn't a spike, it is a meteor. He also had one in Melee, although his combo game didn't really facilitate landing it. Of note, Marth is floatier (suffers less from combos). His ground speed and ground to air speeds are also notably higher, making Roy worse at positioning by a relevant margin. And of course, because of the differing sweetspot systems, Roy has to commit further to his attacks than Marth does. That hasn't changed.
Quote from: Strong Bad on September 25, 2013, 05:02:12 PM
Roy's Down-Aerial isn't a spike, it is a meteor. He also had one in Melee, although his combo game didn't really facilitate landing it. Of note, Marth is floatier (suffers less from combos). His ground speed and ground to air speeds are also notably higher, making Roy worse at positioning by a relevant margin. And of course, because of the differing sweetspot systems, Roy has to commit further to his attacks than Marth does. That hasn't changed.
Thanks, Strong Bad. That sums it all up. :)
I need to admit, roy looks pretty sweet.
I am not quite into the ProjectM/vBrawl/Brawl+\- hacks cause I play hacks on normal play but what does turbo mode do?
also, I need to ask but, how do people get selected to the PMBR and why is it so holy? :/
Quote from: pikazz on September 25, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
I need to admit, roy looks pretty sweet.
I am not quite into the ProjectM/vBrawl/Brawl+\- hacks cause I play hacks on normal play but what does turbo mode do?
You can tell just by watching the videos...
Quote from: pikazz on September 25, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
also, I need to ask but, how do people get selected to the PMBR and why is it so holy? :/
People apply on their website.
Quote from: pikazz on September 25, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
I need to admit, roy looks pretty sweet.
I am not quite into the ProjectM/vBrawl/Brawl+\- hacks cause I play hacks on normal play but what does turbo mode do?
also, I need to ask but, how do people get selected to the PMBR and why is it so holy? :/
Turbo mode allows you to cancel out of each attack to make some sick combos.
As Albafika said, you gotta fill out an application on SmashMods if you want in to the PMBR.
Looking at the video, and some of the other characters.
I think some of them could uses some new, completely custom graphic models to add more flavor to them. Unless Row has one for Flare Blade, it would be pretty cool to see a custom model for the move's "Slash".
Lucario I think could use a couple custom effect models too. Namely for his Shoryuken and Super Aura Sphere. It would take Project M to the next level in terms of dividing itself from Brawl.
Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 25, 2013, 06:21:23 PM
As Albafika said, you gotta fill out an application on SmashMods if you want in to the PMBR.
That is, if you haven't proven yourself to have godly modding skills and are abducted into the PMBR like Vaanrose was...
I kid about the "abducting" part. (;
Might I also guess that 3.0 is probably going to come out around November, seeing as Roy is going to be demoed in mid October as a pre-3.0 exclusive on Day 2 of some event?
Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 24, 2013, 08:02:42 PM
Turbo Tuesday Roy
http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM (http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM)
Awesome job on Roy!
I didn't know that he could be so smexy!
Quote from: Queen ~ Akeno-sempai on September 26, 2013, 07:29:37 PM
Awesome job on Roy!
I didn't know that he could be so smexy!
Well, then you don't know much about Roy.
In the game he starred in, all the girls were all over him. Like a boss, he was completely oblivious to it, and yet was still a complete gentleman toward them.
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on September 27, 2013, 02:29:13 AM
Well, then you don't know much about Roy.
In the game he starred in, all the girls were all over him. Like a boss, he was completely oblivious to it, and yet was still a complete gentleman toward them.
Sorry for being an ignorant, I knew Roy in Melee ONLY (never played Fire Emblem). And he was my favorite character...
Quote from: Queen ~ Akeno-sempai on September 27, 2013, 04:10:15 PMQuote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on September 27, 2013, 02:29:13 AM
Well, then you don't know much about Roy.
In the game he starred in, all the girls were all over him. Like a boss, he was completely oblivious to it, and yet was still a complete gentleman toward them.
Sorry for being an ignorant, I knew Roy in Melee ONLY (never played Fie Emblem). And he was my favorite character...
Oh boy.
Quote from: Albafika on September 27, 2013, 04:12:13 PM
Sorry for being an ignorant, I knew Roy in Melee ONLY (never played Fire Emblem). And he was my favorite character...
Oh boy.
Lol... Didn't know that my "r" have been forgotten (http://i.imgur.com/JxgFR07.png)
A little clone engine insight
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities)
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 27, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities)
Theeeeere we go, that's what I was looking for. Interesting read. I figured they were using the dummy slots.
Kinda makes me sad that 7 is the limit, and that clones are likely to be favored over adding completely new characters, but whatevs, it makes sense. Looking forward to seeing who else may be added in the future.
On a different note, has anyone experienced a "bug" of sorts with Ivysaur's Neutral B? I've noticed that if you're holding B while a time-slowing event occurs (like Donkey Kong's Final Smash), he regains a ton of health in a short period of time.
Not game breaking, but it's there. :1
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 27, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
A little clone engine insight
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities)
Thanks for posting that. It's pretty great how they answered basically everything people were asking without revealing any content. It's good to know about the 7 character limit and legal limitations, even if they are restrictions. It lets us know what's possible.
I'm still calling Mewtwo, as the next CE character.
Thanks for the blog post. So the engine works basically how I imagined it would.
Quote from: Gravity on September 27, 2013, 10:22:04 PM
On a different note, has anyone experienced a "bug" of sorts with Ivysaur's Neutral B? I've noticed that if you're holding B while a time-slowing event occurs (like Donkey Kong's Final Smash), he regains a ton of health in a short period of time.
Not game breaking, but it's there. :1
Try grabbing someone while time is slowed. Then laugh.
I dub it, "The Wiggle"
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 27, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
A little clone engine insight
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities)
Pretty interesting read,I'm still curious though, If the Project M dev team is worried about adding 3rd party characters due to legal issues, then does that mean that a stage like Dracula's castle would need to be cut?
I also find the Sm4sh discussion interesting too, as there is already stuff in demo 2.6 that also appear in Sm4sh, so I'm hoping those don't go away. It really is going to be interesting what the character selection is beyond the likes of Roy and (The extremely likely) Mewtwo.
It does bear to question of, will we see more new semi clones like say Dixie kong or will we get new characters like Ridley? It's very interesting to see what direction the clone engine will cause Project M to go.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on September 28, 2013, 03:03:30 PM
I also find the Sm4sh discussion interesting too, as there is already stuff in demo 2.6 that also appear in Sm4sh, so I'm hoping those don't go away.
Pretty much everything that was also revealed in the fourth Smash game was revealed well after they appeared in P:M, such as Skyloft.
Besides, Skyloft is a completely different stage in P:M, fuction-wise. It's just a certain portion of the Hyrule Temple stage reskinned for a Skyward Sword look and the main island of Skyloft in the background. From what we've seen of the fourth Smash game so far, the actual fighting area isn't even comparable.
Not sure about the Castlevania stage, but it was based on the NES title, so...
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on September 28, 2013, 07:12:01 PM
Pretty much everything that was also revealed in the fourth Smash game was revealed well after they appeared in P:M, such as Skyloft.
Besides, Skyloft is a completely different stage in P:M, fuction-wise. It's just a certain portion of the Hyrule Temple stage reskinned for a Skyward Sword look and the main island of Skyloft in the background. From what we've seen of the fourth Smash game so far, the actual fighting area isn't even comparable.
Not sure about the Castlevania stage, but it was based on the NES title, so...
I'm just worried about the Castlevania stage since Nintendo doesn't actually own Castlevania, Konami does. And also, the parts used to make the stage were taken straight from Castlevania Judgement... so meh.
QuoteTo stay in Nintendo's good graces and to avoid attracting Cease & Desist letters from 3rd party companies, we are limiting our choice of new characters to those that Nintendo has already licensed for inclusion in Brawl.
What.
Did the P:M team recently receive the visit of a Nintendo official who told them they were doing a cool job?
I understand that there's no point attracting the attention of 3rd parties, but I doubt adding Nintendo characters that haven't already been licensed would change anything. :-\
If they want to shut down the project, they will. They won't go "Oh hey, they were nice enough to care about licensing issues within our own brand. I guess we'll completely forget about that whole
hacking the console and the game thing."
Quote from: Miacis on September 28, 2013, 07:42:22 PM
What.
Did the P:M team recently receive the visit of a Nintendo official who told them they were doing a cool job?
I understand that there's no point attracting the attention of 3rd parties, but I doubt adding Nintendo characters that haven't already been licensed would change anything. :-\
If they want to shut down the project, they will. They won't go "Oh hey, they were nice enough to care about licensing issues within our own brand. I guess we'll completely forget about that whole hacking the console and the game thing."
That yellow part. I don't even...
Quote from: Miacis on September 28, 2013, 07:42:22 PM
What.
Did the P:M team recently receive the visit of a Nintendo official who told them they were doing a cool job?
I would imagine it's more of a "they didn't receive a visit from a Nintendo official yet and they'd like to keep it that way" sort of thing.
But I'm not a PMBR member, so that's simply a guess.
Quote from: Miacis on September 28, 2013, 07:42:22 PM
What.
Did the P:M team recently receive the visit of a Nintendo official who told them they were doing a cool job?
I understand that there's no point attracting the attention of 3rd parties, but I doubt adding Nintendo characters that haven't already been licensed would change anything. :-\
If they want to shut down the project, they will. They won't go "Oh hey, they were nice enough to care about licensing issues within our own brand. I guess we'll completely forget about that whole hacking the console and the game thing."
I agree with this post so strongly and tried to state the same thing at Smashboards in a different topic, but everyone is too damn paranoid to think straight.
They should just take the chances and try to get away with as much as possible until it actually looks like they have to back it up a bit. THEN they can worry.
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on September 29, 2013, 08:55:18 AM
I would imagine it's more of a "they didn't receive a visit from a Nintendo official yet and they'd like to keep it that way" sort of thing.
But I'm not a PMBR member, so that's simply a guess.
This pretty much sums it up.
Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 29, 2013, 04:07:14 PM
This pretty much sums it up.
I was kinda just making fun of the ways it was formulated. You stay in one's good graces only when you already are in one's good graces. If not getting a boot to the head from Nintendo is called that, then I guess Nintendo loves a whole lot of hackers they don't even care about.
Quote from: Wave Kusanagi on September 29, 2013, 09:59:23 AM
They should just take the chances and try to get away with as much as possible until it actually looks like they have to back it up a bit. THEN they can worry.
Well, I wouldn't exactly say that either. The moment they "have to back it up a bit" will also be the moment when the hammer falls and they don't have to worry about their project at all anymore... :P
I'm just saying that, if it ever does fall, it won't be because of unlicensed Nintendo, but simply because of everything that's unauthorized in the very process of creating and setting up the mod.
Same idea for KCMM, really, except we have 3rd parties to worry about too.
Turbo Mario!
Project M Turbo Tuesdays: Mario (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzhWYNzHyA4#)
Holy [censored].
How was the Dr. Mario magic preformed!? o0o
Even I don't know that. But yeah... he's an alt costume, but uses the Pill and Electric effects.
He isn't a clone.
Now you guys know what us modelers have been up too on the PMBR.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 12:47:12 AM
Turbo Mario!
Project M Turbo Tuesdays: Mario (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzhWYNzHyA4#)
Wait, what, Alt costumes I'm assuming are working with cbliss, but how the [censored] does Doc have his pills...
You [censored]ing wizards
guys
Guys
GUYS
Mario confirmed for Project M!
Quote from: KingSexyPuff on October 02, 2013, 12:51:15 AM
Holy [censored].
How was the Dr. Mario magic preformed!? o0o
its an alt
its pretty cool how they were able to transform from regular mario to dr mario, the method i know of does not do it simultaneously
they could probably extend it as much as to change the moveset/psa too(which is possible atm but yet again not simultaneously), but they would have to figure out a way for it only to affect the player fighting, and not other of the same based characters
Nah. He has the same stats. Just the aesthetics are different.
The "transformation" in the video is just an effect for the video. Same replay, different model, edited to look cool in the video.
The model wasn't switched mid-play.
I think I can guess what those silhouettes at the end were.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 01:00:44 AM
Nah. He has the same stats. Just the aesthetics are different.
The "transformation" in the video is just an effect for the video. Same replay, different model, edited to look cool in the video.
The model wasn't switched mid-play.
a ok
well its possible using wiztec's code, but than again characters are sprung and thus will not let them continue a combo
like in the video
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 01:00:44 AM
Nah. He has the same stats. Just the aesthetics are different.
The "transformation" in the video is just an effect for the video. Same replay, different model, edited to look cool in the video.
The model wasn't switched mid-play.
I was tricked. :>.>:
Man, looking at this makes me wish I had learned to model earlier.
Geez, I need to apply to P:M.
The amount of awesome reverse-engineering is too great.
Quote from: Spex130 on October 02, 2013, 01:09:05 AM
Geez, I need to apply to P:M.
The amount of awesome reverse-engineering is too great.
Yeah me too...
Sadly for us, it looks like they are looking for play testers, animators, and coders specifically at the moment.
inb4 Infinite Smash team becomes Project M backroom*
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on October 02, 2013, 01:10:52 AM
Yeah me too...
inb4 Infinite Smash team becomes Project M backroom*
Let's aim for it.
Quote from: Spex130 on October 02, 2013, 01:09:05 AM
Geez, I need to apply to P:M.
i wish i could apply again
cause i got rejected
i wonder why :af:
I guess I could re-apply (assuming my 3 months since my last application have passed).
But it depends... How are things going for the PSAers of P:M? If PSA is a main priority for P:M recruits at the moment, then it's likely I'll re-apply. If not, then I might wait.
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-951.html (http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-951.html)
Application for PM
If you read through the forum, they are also looking for animators like super hard, so if that's your thing, and you decent at it, I bet you would get in easy enough.
Oh god. The possibilities.
Mega Pokemon
Samus with different suits
Galacta Knight
aaaaggggggghhhhhhh
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on October 02, 2013, 01:22:14 AM
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-951.html (http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-951.html)
Application for PM
If you read through the forum, they are also looking for animators like super hard, so if that's your thing, and you decent at it, I bet you would get in easy enough.
If I had anywhere near enough time to devote to animation again...I'd probably do that.
Quality animation is majorly time consuming.
And that Mario video was pretty awesome. ↓B-↓Air-↓B-↓Air-↓B-↓Air-↓B-↓Air-↓B-↓Air-↓B-↓Air-↓B-↓Air-↓B-↓Air...
A plumber
would know how to spin like a swirling drain...
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 01:00:44 AM
Nah. He has the same stats. Just the aesthetics are different.
The "transformation" in the video is just an effect for the video. Same replay, different model, edited to look cool in the video.
The model wasn't switched mid-play.
Nice. Is it possible to change stats?
In case people didn't pick up, it looks like SFX are in, too. His pills made that sound of theirs.
Just to elaborate, this isn't done with cBliss but rather our own independently developed engine that we had pretty much completed before cBliss was released.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on October 02, 2013, 01:22:14 AM
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-951.html (http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-951.html)
Application for PM
If you read through the forum, they are also looking for animators like super hard, so if that's your thing, and you decent at it, I bet you would get in easy enough.
Oh crap.
But.
That's what I DO.
Better go finish that PSA so I have quality examples to show off.
I thought you guys would like to see this (courtesy of Mr. Pik)
(http://i.imgur.com/mSdjoWT.png)
I can die happy now.
So I saw Peach's Castle in that vid, will it be in PM permanently?
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 11:26:10 AM
I thought you guys would like to see this (courtesy of Mr. Pik)
Thanks for that. Very nice model, and good render. I noticed the Stethoscope moves along with Doc, so that's quite cool
Quote from: Shun_One on October 02, 2013, 02:55:57 PM
Thanks for that. Very nice model, and good render. I noticed the Stethoscope moves along with Doc, so that's quite cool
Pik made the model and render. So kudos to him.
I rigged most of it and did all the fun material edits.
The mirror is really shiny with a nice reflection, and the gloves have a sight shine to look like latex.
is it not my model he edited the textures and edited stethoscope?
cuz i can see it on how the part on the pants near shoes textures is with the UVs
He didn't use your model.
It's all his.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 04:36:13 PM
Pik made the model and render. So kudos to him.
I rigged most of it and did all the fun material edits.
The mirror is really shiny with a nice reflection, and the gloves have a sight shine to look like latex.
Model looks fantastic, and I'm glad you were the one who took on materials. Doc sounds like he's getting all the details he needs.
There's a blogpost coming out soon, right? Those are really insightful. People are really wondering how much you guys are gonna use this, so I hope it answers that question.
There should be a blogpost out sometime, yes
I see you, you sneaky little RSBE-01 hiding out on the pill.
Now that's detail right thurrr.
Haha love the pill in that render. Reminds me of this.
Blue Pill or Red Pill - The Matrix (2/9) Movie CLIP (1999) HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7PKRjrid4#ws)
Except Doc is putting both pills together and shooting them at your face.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 02, 2013, 02:42:25 AM
Just to elaborate, this isn't done with cBliss but rather our own independently developed engine that we had pretty much completed before cBliss was released.
Is there some way you can prove it? I mean, I dunno, I'd say it's hard to back that claim up when you folks decide to make the codeset illegible and keep development private. Heaven forbid some of the neato burrito things be released to the public.
And look at all these creative users ready to desert the hacking scene just to work on "moar Melee".
Well, we do have these two videos showing that we were already capable of adding additional costumes to the game long before cbliss was even released, so there's that.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
But now the big question is...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
But of course they did. (http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png)
Quote from: ds22 on October 02, 2013, 07:54:49 PM
Well, we do have these two videos showing that we were already capable of adding additional costumes to the game long before cbliss was even released, so there's that.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
wow
u guys have been working on this for some time
its a shame no one has been able to "refresh" the Character Selection Screen automatically by now(for the second video)
I'm curious nano, who else on the Project M team is going to be working on models besides Pik as far as making them?
I love Pik's work, but I highly doubt he is the only one working on models, especially if you guys are planning on doing alts for most every character as well as maintain a huge level of quality.
Render looks great btws, can't wait to see the rest of the costumes that are made.
StarWaffle and I.
I've worked on a few, but it's mostly Pik and Star. I'm their rigging [censored] :p
And there's jiang, but he isn't on KCMM.
I'll keep this thread updated with our work whenever I can.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 11:23:46 PM
StarWaffle and I.
I've worked on a few, but it's mostly Pik and Star. I'm their rigging [censored] :p
And there's jiang, but he isn't on KCMM.
I'll keep this thread updated with our work whenever I can.
Cool to see some great dudes working on models.
I really hope we also get some damn good renders from the rest of the alt costumes too, as these things are too great.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on October 02, 2013, 11:29:05 PM
Cool to see some great dudes working on models.
I really hope we also get some damn good renders from the rest of the alt costumes too, as these things are too great.
This!
So you guys are going to be pretty open about the alt costumes, then? I know the reveal video showed 4 or 5 kind-of-identifiable silhouettes, but it'd be cool to see more.
You will see more in the future before 3.0. We probably won't directly announce any more, but pay attention in future Turbo Tuesdays and other announcements.
And we're going to make renders for all the alts. We use them as the CSPs.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 11:44:12 PM
You will see more in the future before 3.0. We probably won't directly announce any more, but pay attention in future Turbo Tuesdays and other announcements.
And we're going to make renders for all the alts. We use them as the CSPs.
Got it. I figured what you meant was that you'd show us your work on models occasionally (which would mean they're not done yet and obviously not in a current release). I always pay close attention to you guys' stuff. lol
Awesome.
And now we wait for the eventual Fierce deity Link confirmation...
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 02, 2013, 11:44:12 PM
You will see more in the future before 3.0. We probably won't directly announce any more, but pay attention in future Turbo Tuesdays and other announcements.
And we're going to make renders for all the alts. We use them as the CSPs.
Non-perfect posed CSPs? Ew D:
shadow as sonic alt
Quote from: SJS on October 03, 2013, 01:24:11 AM
Non-perfect posed CSPs? Ew D:
We're doing a Wario kind of thing... with the alts being a different pose
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 01:37:58 AM
We're doing a Wario kind of thing... with the alts being a different pose
So you guys are gonna have recolors for most/all the alts?
Nope. We have limits with a 2GB SD card.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 01:42:41 AM
Nope. We have limits with a 2GB SD card.
But, will there be alts for every character?
Quote from: Ft_SonicBrawler.rel on October 03, 2013, 01:24:44 AM
shadow as sonic alt
Mighty as Sonic Alt.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 01:42:41 AM
Nope. We have limits with a 2GB SD card.
Wait, how much is intended to be added? I have cBliss+CSE+P:M2.6b running right now at about a gigabyte. lol
Quote from: Ft_SonicBrawler.rel on October 03, 2013, 01:57:21 AM
I. WOULD. LOVE. THIS.
See, Nano? Same wavelength.
THE MASSES HAVE SPOKEN.
Quote from: Spex130 on October 03, 2013, 01:53:52 AM
But, will there be alts for every character?
That's the plan. We may not have alts for every character by 3.0 though.
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 03, 2013, 01:54:44 AM
Wait, how much is intended to be added? I have cBliss+CSE+P:M2.6b running right now at about a gigabyte. lol
You have to keep in mind Roy, and the possible chance for more clones in the future.
We need more CSPs, BP, stock icons, some SFX (Roy/Dr. Mario), and all the moveset data for each character.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 02:03:16 AM
That's the plan. We may not have alts for every character by 3.0 though.
You have to keep in mind Roy, and the possible chance for more clones in the future.
We need more CSPs, BP, stock icons, some SFX (Roy/Dr. Mario), and all the moveset data for each character.
That's awesome!
That's true, although I didn't know it would take up that much space...
We also have to take in hitboxes/hurtboxes.
So not all possible alts will be possible.
You guys could probably put a lot in... I use 3 custom builds on one SD (one with all music,characters, and stages replaced) and it only runs me about 800mb/2gb
Personally I would like to see:
Ness have Ninten (earthbound)
Lucas have Claus (even moar)
Marth have Awakening Marth (the Vault model?)
and
Mewtwo to have X&Y (if you ever confirm him :P )
You know what.
I wasn't normally gonna spring for Project: M, but I ahve a spare 2GB SD card I can use to play P:M (cuz I don't feel like tampering with my setup on my main SD card).
And that Dr. Mario I saw recently. Hoooooly [censored]. Legit. And latex gloves for even more legitness.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 02:03:16 AM
That's the plan. We may not have alts for every character by 3.0 though.
You have to keep in mind Roy, and the possible chance for more clones in the future.
We need more CSPs, BP, stock icons, some SFX (Roy/Dr. Mario), and all the moveset data for each character.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 02:20:22 AM
We also have to take in hitboxes/hurtboxes.
So not all possible alts will be possible.
Saying 2GBs isn't enough for that might be your personal estimate, but it can't be true. Better re-count the size again, I'd suggest.
Don't know if you guys have been asked this, but are you guys gonna include cBliss in the next build?
Quote from: Segtendo on October 03, 2013, 05:03:21 AM
Don't know if you guys have been asked this, but are you guys gonna include cBliss in the next build?
...
We have our own alt engine. It's literally been the entire topic of discussion the past couple of pages :V
Quote from: Spex130 on October 03, 2013, 01:53:52 AM
But, will there be alts for every character?
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 02:03:16 AM
That's the plan. We may not have alts for every character by 3.0 though.
Well then, I know who I'm putting as my Ness alt (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31631) in my own copy of P:M.
Even though he's already one of the costume slots in my copy...
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 03, 2013, 07:21:22 AM
...
We have our own alt engine. It's literally been the entire topic of discussion the past couple of pages :V
I was just asking, dude. I just joined the conversation :srs:
Can't wait for 3.0.
I don't mean to continually ask questions, but they keep coming to me. lol
* Do you guys know the limit for added slots for each character?
* How do SFX work for the alts? Are they entirely separate files from the base character's SFX? I run Melee ones for Mario, for instance, so I want to know if it will interfere.
Marth should have Fire Emblem 12/13 Marth, Sonic should have the Robo-Sim-Sonic, Link - Skyloft costume, Fox- Comand outfit(Brawl Face), Wolf- Starfox64 wolf. The possibilities are endless!
Quote from: silver856 on October 05, 2013, 08:29:38 PM
Marth should have Fire Emblem 12/13 Marth, Sonic should have the Robo-Sim-Sonic, Link - Skyloft costume, Fox- Comand outfit(Brawl Face), Wolf- Starfox64 wolf. The possibilities are endless!
Personally I would like them to get a little more creative with it and give us characters that look astonishingly different while acting the same.
ex: Metal Sonic over Sonic (I assume you were referring to something else). He could use all sorts of mechanical SFX, change the spin moves to his Black Shield, etc. He's similar enough to Sonic to make it work without it being uninteresting. Here's the Black Shield, best known from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Honestly, I'm not quite sure which direction they're gonna go with the characters after Mario, but I hope it's like the above. Replacing textures is really easy, and while it'd be nice to have things that are well rigged like Dr. Mario's coat, I would rather have things that also incorporate other differences like GFX and SFX that aren't possible without their engine (or overriding something else).
EDIT: quick changes for clarification
I was thinking Metal Sonic at first, but then I thought I metal sonic with Sonic's voice. Wait a sec, can they change sfx?
Quote from: silver856 on October 05, 2013, 11:16:45 PM
I was thinking Metal Sonic at first, but then I thought I metal sonic with Sonic's voice. Wait a sec, can they change sfx?
Yup! Doc had his pill SFX, and Nanobuds confirmed it here, too. That's why I thought it'd be a good idea for them to go a little further with it.
Well that changes everything.
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 05, 2013, 11:28:31 PM
Yup! Doc had his pill SFX, and Nanobuds confirmed it here, too. That's why I thought it'd be a good idea for them to go a little further with it.
We used SFX for doc's separate attacks, but I never confirmed giving a single alt a whole soundbank makeover.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 06, 2013, 12:36:15 AM
We used SFX for doc's separate attacks, but I never confirmed giving a single alt a whole soundbank makeover.
Oh. I'm not saying that you guys would do a full overhaul, but I presumed that it was possible, considering how normal SFX works. It isn't, then?
Each character has a handful of empty SFX clips. Enough for a few changes such as with Doc's pills but not enough for an entire character soundbank.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 06, 2013, 01:07:06 AM
Each character has a handful of empty SFX clips. Enough for a few changes such as with Doc's pills but not enough for an entire character soundbank.
Ah, okay; now I understand. You guys are just modifying the original .pac file to put in more sounds, and then rerouting it to your alt slots. Something like the example I gave wouldn't require too many different sounds, though (at least with how I envision it). Theoretically, would you guys consider making an alt character with a moderately unique soundbank, assuming you could make it work with the slots open on that character?
Can't wait for 3.0, this is promising to be the biggest update yet. I was kind of disappointed when 2.6 didn't have turbo mode, but there's so much being added now that I don't really care anymore.
Does beating level 9 CPUs qualify me as "TOURNAMENT-CALIBER SKILL" for a PM application?
:srs:
Im not sure if im understanding this sfx converstion
but sfx loading for alternate costumes does not break file size
because the game is loading the soundbrsar only once, but it loads dfferent sfx per character whenever the alt costume code is executed
its possible to have a complete different sfx for alternate costumes with fp 3.5.3 by the way
Quote from: Rage83 on October 06, 2013, 05:05:55 AM
Does beating level 9 CPUs qualify me as "TOURNAMENT-CALIBER SKILL" for a PM application?
:srs:
No.
CPU =/= Human. Human > CPU.
A lot of people can easily beat Lv 9 CPUs, but have a Hell of a time against Human players.
The PMBR would not be impressed.
^ Right. What I was asking is whether or not they would hypothetically consider filling up the empty slots for the character in the brsar, and use those (if there's enough slots) to make an almost unique soundbank for the alt character. I realize you can't place in too many sounds, but I assume it'd be enough for characters that don't speak or are otherwise simple in design. (and I haven't heard of them using 3.5.3, so that's not an option as far as I know)
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 06, 2013, 01:59:59 PM
^ Right. What I was asking is whether or not they would hypothetically consider filling up the empty slots for the character in the brsar, and use those (if there's enough slots) to make an almost unique soundbank for the alt character. I realize you can't place in too many sounds, but I assume it'd be enough for characters that don't speak or are otherwise simple in design. (and I haven't heard of them using 3.5.3, so that's not an option as far as I know)
i think they are swapping sfx and costumes(instead of adding), therefore filesize is not a problem
Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on October 06, 2013, 04:26:56 PM
i think they are swapping sfx and costumes(instead of adding), therefore filesize is not a problem
Oh. So you think it's like 3.5.3, but just for characters, and with no SFX and GFX glitching?
Quote from: Rage83 on October 06, 2013, 05:05:55 AM
Does beating level 9 CPUs qualify me as "TOURNAMENT-CALIBER SKILL" for a PM application?
:srs:
Not MLG enough! Because it's impossible to have a critical mind if you don't play tournaments and don't play regularly with celebrities. Everyone knows that. :P
Quote from: KingSexyPuff on October 06, 2013, 01:58:05 PM
No.
CPU =/= Human. Human > CPU.
A lot of people can easily beat Lv 9 CPUs, but have a Hell of a time against Human players.
The PMBR would not be impressed.
Especially since most of the lvl 9 CPUs air dodge at the ledge... and miss the grab.
It totally ruins the intensity of a match when a CPU player has 3 SDs.
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 06, 2013, 04:33:39 PM
Oh. So you think it's like 3.5.3, but just for characters, and with no SFX and GFX glitching?
yes
i wonder is the pill in mario's model?
or in the moveset?
Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on October 06, 2013, 06:01:49 PM
yes
i wonder is the pill in mario's model?
or in the moveset?
That'd be awesome. It would open a lot of different possibilities.
I believe it's in the moveset, because I've used quite a few Doc models and have never had him with the pills.
Turbo Ike!
http://youtu.be/50loXTf3ZsY (http://youtu.be/50loXTf3ZsY)
Turbo Ike is straight dirty...
Also liking the hints at Turbo mode being accessible during things like classic mode and multi man brawl.
turbo ike looked epic, i like how his slow moves look in turbo mode.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 08, 2013, 07:10:18 PM
Turbo Ike!
http://youtu.be/50loXTf3ZsY (http://youtu.be/50loXTf3ZsY)
Roy received the honor of being finished off in the most manly way possible.
Though Ike showing a severe lack of sympathy for Snake comes in at a pretty close second.
title is kind of weird...
The Costume additions are not too big a deal for me, as I am one of the people that changed over 200 costumes on my Project M xD
each character has their default colours, then the other 4 or 5 costumes are downloaded skins :)
I hope this ends up like cBliss but with pre-included quality costumes
and the title is worded akwardly
Quote from: Son of Kratos on October 12, 2013, 01:19:39 AM
The Costume additions are not too big a deal for me, as I am one of the people that changed over 200 costumes on my Project M xD
each character has their default colours, then the other 4 or 5 costumes are downloaded skins :)
I do the same thing, and plan on adding most of them back in for the next version, but you've got to admit that the things that cBliss can't do (SFX editing, moveset model editing) are beyond awesome.
Also, hype for BH3 announcement tomorrow, 2PM EST:
http://www.geekosystem.com/project-m-bh3-stream/ (http://www.geekosystem.com/project-m-bh3-stream/)
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 12, 2013, 09:45:03 PM
I do the same thing, and plan on adding most of them back in for the next version, but you've got to admit that the things that cBliss can't do (SFX editing, moveset model editing) are beyond awesome.
Also, hype for BH3 announcement tomorrow, 2PM EST:
Dont get me wrong, its awesome news :D
and BH3? is that the tourny where Roy will be playable?
http://www.geekosystem.com/project-m-bh3-stream/ (http://www.geekosystem.com/project-m-bh3-stream/)
^ Yeah, it's the same tournament. BTW, I think your formatting got messed up and you posted your text in the quote box.
Challenger Approaching!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMd6wAoqsJ4&feature=youtu.be# (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMd6wAoqsJ4&feature=youtu.be#)
Yaaaaaaaay Mewtwo.
Special shoutout should go to haloedhero for working so hard on Mewtwo's animations. He put his heart, soul, and etc. into that so thank him for Mewtwo.
As a friendly reminder to everyone, please do not spam this thread.
Looks really good. Love that model. Is that new?
Yay another Clone Engine character.
Quote from: Trainer SonicBrawler on October 13, 2013, 07:50:24 PM
Looks really good. Love that model. Is that new?
It's StarWaffle's model, but with texture edits. Also has rim lighting.
I rigged it, gave it moving eyes, etc. Also use PAT0 to give it the blue glowing eyes and to turn the rim lighting blue during certain attacks and the hover.
sounds really nice.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 13, 2013, 07:49:23 PM
He put his heart, soul, and etc. into that so thank him for Mewtwo.
It shows. He's looking nice and polished, and above all... usable. I loved Mewtwo in Melee, but I could hardly play as him due to his floatiness and low kill power.
Considering how amazing Link has become in recent iterations of P:M, I have high hopes for Mewtwo, and it looks like he'll be done some justice.
woo
Heres some more info and screenshots: http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/mewtwo (http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/mewtwo)
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 13, 2013, 07:49:23 PM
Special shoutout should go to haloedhero for working so hard on Mewtwo's animations. He put his heart, soul, and etc. into that so thank him for Mewtwo.
His work shows. Good job to you, the time you spent is much appreciated haloedhero.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 13, 2013, 07:53:23 PM
It's StarWaffle's model, but with texture edits. Also has rim lighting.
I rigged it, gave it moving eyes, etc. Also use PAT0 to give it the blue glowing eyes and to turn the rim lighting blue during certain attacks and the hover.
I thought it had rim lighting. These edits are much appreciated to read about.
Might I ask how you solved the Delfino (and some SSE stages) rim lighting glitch?
To avoid the glitch on Delfino, an extra stage has to be placed after stage0 in the shader. The properties of that one are just previouscolor and previousalpha. If you download my recent Rim Pikachu or Rim Jigglypuff, they got the fix in all their rim-related shaders.
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on October 13, 2013, 08:07:09 PM
To avoid the glitch on Delfino, an extra stage has to be placed after stage0 in the shader. The properties of that one are just previouscolor and previousalpha. If you download my recent Rim Pikachu or Rim Jigglypuff, they got the fix in all their rim-related shaders.
Thank you for this. This will help out with several things I had been wanting to do.
Edit: Attempted your suggested fix on Link and it worked. A billion thank you's.
You guys are just awesome. He's better than I would have ever imagined.
Mewtwo is bootyful :P
Can't wait for 3.0 -- MEGA HYPE
[censored]. Mewtwo looks amazing, guys.
Hey guys. Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the kind words. I got my start on KCMM, so it's nice to hear everyone likes my most recent work. Animating Mewtwo took basically all of the free time out of 6 months of my life, so it's really great to hear that people like him.
On a scale of 1 to desparate, how much did you guys need animators/modelers? I've just about got all of my examples and such done, but that 3-month failure cooldown bites. Gotta be sure.
Quote from: HaloedHero on October 13, 2013, 11:37:26 PM
Hey guys. Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the kind words. I got my start on KCMM, so it's nice to hear everyone likes my most recent work. Animating Mewtwo took basically all of the free time out of 6 months of my life, so it's really great to hear that people like him.
I honest to goodness last week just went "Man, where'd HaloedHero go? I haven't seen him post like anything in months."
Glad it went to such a good cause. He looks GREAT.
To the Project M gang, you are making me feel liek a young lad again by bringing back these characters <3 Like, I wish I could give you all big giant hugs xD
If I may ask a question... And you dont have to say WHAT they would be if they will, but will Roy and Mewtwo have a Final Smash at all? Or will they just do the same as Ivy,Char, and Squirt D:
I realize tournys dont use FS's, but.. my friends and I love them because they are pretty hype to use, and it would make Mewtwo and Roy even better if they had one- even if they just copied Marth's and Lucario's ^_^
Quote from: Son of Kratos on October 14, 2013, 12:07:36 AM
To the Project M gang, you are making me feel liek a young lad again by bringing back these characters <3 Like, I wish I could give you all big giant hugs xD
If I may ask a question... And you dont have to say WHAT they would be if they will, but will Roy and Mewtwo have a Final Smash at all? Or will they just do the same as Ivy,Char, and Squirt D:
I realize tournys dont use FS's, but.. my friends and I love them because they are pretty hype to use, and it would make Mewtwo and Roy even better if they had one- even if they just copied Marth's and Lucario's ^_^
I dunno about Mewtwo, but Thany's Decloned and Melee-y Roys have an AWESOME Final Smash that would be perfect. Something Ignis Spatha, I think it's called.
They will have Final Smashes, yeah. I can confirm that much. They're not big secrets or anything. They're just not particularly interesting to our core audience, so they don't make it into the reveal videos. Plus I haven't finished Mewtwo's yet.
this may not be the appropriate(< don't know how to spell this) place...but
Is it safe(for my sav) to keep switching from normal Brawl to Project M everytime ?not everyone on my house wants PM :srs:
Yeah, it's save. Just turn off your Wii before switching between games.
For me, I have an SD card dedicated to P:M, just because I wanted to see what the fuss was about.
Quote from: Segatndu on October 14, 2013, 01:12:00 AM
For me, I have an SD card dedicated to P:M, just because I wanted to see what the fuss was about.
When a version of P:M with all the characters comes out, I'll probably switch to it permanently. Till then, it's BBrawl for me, so I can have Roy over ROB... which luckily won't be necessary after the final P:M gets released. :3
Project M is doing a better job modding Brawl than Nintendo is creating Smash bros 4. :srs:
Quote from: Segatndu on October 14, 2013, 01:12:00 AM
For me, I have an SD card dedicated to P:M, just because I wanted to see what the fuss was about.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: SwingSet on October 14, 2013, 01:17:02 AM
Project M is doing a better job modding Brawl than Nintendo is creating Smash bros 4. :srs:
The only thing I see seriously going for Smash 4 is Mega Man, and to a lesser extent, Villager. If there's not some killer feature I just can't do without in it, I may just stick with a modded Brawl.
Quote from: SwingSet on October 14, 2013, 01:17:02 AM
Project M is doing a better job modding Brawl than Nintendo is creating Smash bros 4. :srs:
>game isn't out until 2014
>people are complaining about it
Guys. To those complaining, go ahead. Make your own Smash. It's getting annoying that people are criticizing Smash 4 way before it's even set to be released.
Who else here is thinking about maining/2nd mewtwo?
Quote from: Segatndu on October 14, 2013, 01:21:42 AM
>game isn't out until 2014
>people are complaining about it
Guys. To those complaining, go ahead. Make your own Smash. It's getting annoying that people are criticizing Smash 4 way before it's even set to be released.
Not that I think Smash 4 will be subpar, but aside from Mega Man and return of Sonic, I can't say there's been a lot of content I've been ecstatic about. P:M constantly exceeds the bar, so that making our own Smash (at least by changing models/textures/interfaces) seems pretty viable. If I can get P:M on Dolphin (for HD) and can put Mega Man over ROB eventually, that'd probably be enough to make me happy for a long while...
Quote from: tsukikomi on October 14, 2013, 01:59:40 AM
Who else here is thinking about maining/2nd mewtwo?
Me. Secondary if Sonic becomes more rushdown-oriented, main if he doesn't.
Quote from: Segatndu on October 14, 2013, 01:21:42 AM
>game isn't out until 2014
>people are complaining about it
Guys. To those complaining, go ahead. Make your own Smash. It's getting annoying that people are criticizing Smash 4 way before it's even set to be released.
Bro, you trippin'. I aint' complainin' I'm just expressing my opinion. I understand Sm4sh is still a WIP, yet so is P:M. But compare Sonic's reveal to Mewtoo's. Sonic's moveset didn't change at all. And Mewtoo got some dope ass swaqq moves and his moveset. You feel me?
Yo yo dudebro dawg, I ain't feelin' ya.
#YOLO
Quote from: cx_asuka on October 14, 2013, 02:35:46 AM
Yo yo dudebro dawg, I ain't feelin' ya.
#YOLO
Are you doing an impression of SwingSet, your Will Smith avy, or Italian? I can't tell at this point, but either way, it's hilarious. XD
Anyways, color me hyped. It's stated that they STILL have more surprises to show for 3.0, so I'm curious as to what else is gonna be shown before Winter. I can't friggin wait for it all. =D
Quote from: Wave Kusanagi on October 14, 2013, 03:43:47 AM
It's stated that they STILL have more surprises to show for 3.0, so I'm curious as to what else is gonna be shown before Winter.
the cure for cancer
Now we wait for two things:
1) Mewtwo model render
2) Turbo Mewtwo
They will be amazing.
Quote from: HaloedHero on October 14, 2013, 12:32:56 AM
They will have Final Smashes, yeah. I can confirm that much. They're not big secrets or anything. They're just not particularly interesting to our core audience, so they don't make it into the reveal videos. Plus I haven't finished Mewtwo's yet.
*Squeaks like a little girl* :'D!!
ohhh, yay C: So are you saying... its going to be a brand new FS for Mewtwo?!
Yes
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
(http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1279082592656.jpg)
Dat render.
mewtwo's fingers always bugged me, shouldnt the "bulbs" be bigger...?
Not really; the Mewtwo model's proportions are based off of his model from Super Smash Bros. Melee.
(http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/2/27/Mewtwo_SSBM.jpg)
those look even worse, im talking about mewtwo's real appearance, his portrait in melee was aweful xD
So, I tried reading this. http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/mewtwo (http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/mewtwo)
May I suggest some proofreading before publishing things like that on the main website? Because either my English has gone awry in the last few hours, or most sentences on that page show symptoms of Engrish grammar and syntax.
And while we're on the topic of the odd website descriptions, there's still that very funny "[ROB] helped save the entire video game industry"
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on October 14, 2013, 08:52:21 PM
those look even worse, im talking about mewtwo's real appearance, his portrait in melee was aweful xD
Even in Mewtwo's current and recent designs in the Pokemon games, those are smaller now. It's been changed for a long time.
Just get used to it. It's better this way anyway. How was Mewtwo supposed to hold anything like the sandwiches Mew should be making him? :<
Quote from: Wave Kusanagi on October 14, 2013, 10:57:53 PM
How was Mewtwo supposed to hold anything like the sandwiches Mew should be making him? :<
Probably with his, y'know, Psychic powers. Or something.
*cough*
Quote from: gammu riddler on October 14, 2013, 10:59:33 PM
Probably with his, y'know, Psychic powers. Or something.
*cough*
... yes >:D
Quote from: gammu riddler on October 14, 2013, 10:59:33 PM
Probably with his, y'know, Psychic powers. Or something.
*cough*
lol, this, all the way, i havent seen mewtwo hold anything in his hands for like... ever?
turbo tuesday?
Sorry for the delay, It's gonna go live when it finishes processing so give it 5 or so minutes to have good quality. I'll link it then.
Project M Turbo Tuesdays: Mewtwo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucE4erdOuY#)
Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhh so good. Dat hover. Dos taunts. Gah. Demo 3.0 can't come soon enough. I haven't been this pumped for a Brawl mod in ages.
Also, kinda figures that Armored Mewtwo will be an alt, considering the model being used is Starwaffle's, heheh.
It's a new Armor model though made by Pik, and has spec maps made by moi.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 16, 2013, 01:08:51 AM
It's a new Armor model though made by Pik, and has spec maps made by moi.
I thought this was the case. I've used Starwaffle's original model, along with the copy that had armor, for a while now. This one is way cooler IMO.
EDIT: Not sure who to mention this to, but the TT video is now listed as private and can't be watched.
EDIT: Fixed now. Also, I really like the use of the Pokemon Trainer model (over Snake, I think) for the video. I know it's not gonna stay in, but it was definitely amusing.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 16, 2013, 01:16:00 AM
Here ya go.
Project M Turbo Tuesdays: Mewtwo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucE4erdOuY#)
Uh Nano... Eternal Yoshi just Ninja'd you lol
He must have edited his post >.>
*deletes post*
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 16, 2013, 01:08:51 AM
It's a new Armor model though made by Pik, and has spec maps made by moi.
Model for Armor looks sick, I can't wait to see how it looks close up in a render though.
Super hyped to play as Mewtwo and Roy once demo 3 comes out.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 16, 2013, 01:08:51 AM
It's a new Armor model though made by Pik, and has spec maps made by moi.
Ohhh, alright, gotcha. Didn't know that.
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 16, 2013, 01:11:27 AM
EDIT: Fixed now. Also, I really like the use of the Pokemon Trainer model (over Snake, I think) for the video. I know it's not gonna stay in, but it was definitely amusing.
Or... IS IT?! ;D
And I guess I'll be the stick in the mud here...
But I feel the model is off.
Nano's avatar actually highlights a lot of the model's problems actually. Such as the rig being wonky. The rim effect doesn't mesh well with Brawl's visuals. The proportions seem strange... Like his tail being too big.
It also seems like some animations are a bit stiff. And need to use the hip bones more.
What is wrong with the rig?
Remember Beyond's Zero? My horridly violent critique about it?
Do what I did, but better: Take the parts of the model most visible during gameplay and rotate them to extremes in Brawlbox. That will be the best way to find problems with the rig.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on October 16, 2013, 06:00:58 AM
And I guess I'll be the stick in the mud here...
But I feel the model is off.
Nano's avatar actually highlights a lot of the model's problems actually. Such as the rig being wonky. The rim effect doesn't mesh well with Brawl's visuals. The proportions seem strange... Like his tail being too big.
It also seems like some animations are a bit stiff. And need to use the hip bones more.
Believe it or not, the proportions of M2 are more or less that of Melee's for the sake of hitbox and collision preservation.
Also the animations are fine. If you feel that they are stiff, then I challenge you to do better.
Quote from: Alm5252 on October 16, 2013, 02:24:52 PM
I don't like the rim lighting either. I'll probably just use the pack that I had made a long time ago with StarWaffle's model.
However, our Mewtwo has a custom boneset meaning it's our model or bust...... until the next release is out and someone ports Waffle's model.
Quote from: Velen on October 16, 2013, 02:43:29 PM
Remember Beyond's Zero? My horridly violent critique about it?
Do what I did, but better: Take the parts of the model most visible during gameplay and rotate them to extremes in Brawlbox. That will be the best way to find problems with the rig.
Bending them to the extreme isn't the way to test a rig.
Bend them how they would bend naturally in animations. Trust me, this model has been looked at by many people. The rig is near flawless.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 16, 2013, 03:43:06 PM
Quote from: Velen on October 16, 2013, 02:43:29 PM
Remember Beyond's Zero? My horridly violent critique about it?
Do what I did, but better: Take the parts of the model most visible during gameplay and rotate them to extremes in Brawlbox. That will be the best way to find problems with the rig.
Bending them to the extreme isn't the way to test a rig.
Bend them how they would bend naturally in animations.
This. Bending them to the extreme is crazy talk. Doing so, you might make it look good on a certain pose, but [censored] it up on some Brawl animations. There is no such thing as a perfect rig.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 16, 2013, 03:24:19 PM
Believe it or not, the proportions of M2 are more or less that of Melee's for the sake of hitbox and collision preservation.
Also the animations are fine. If you feel that they are stiff, then I challenge you to do better.
However, our Mewtwo has a custom boneset meaning it's our model or bust...... until the next release is out and someone ports Waffle's model.
So, in order to give a critique, one must be the most skilled at the topic? That's like telling the audience to animate the movie themselves if they didn't like a 360 waist spin in a scene.
I'm not saying his critique is right or wrong, but I sure know your response isn't proper.
Quote from: Albafika on October 16, 2013, 04:02:59 PM
Bending them to the extreme isn't the way to test a rig.
Bend them how they would bend naturally in animations.
This. Bending them to the extreme is crazy talk. Doing so, you might make it look good on a certain pose, but [censored] it up on some Brawl animations. There is no such thing as a perfect rig.So, in order to give a critique, one must be the most skilled at the topic? That's like telling the audience to animate the movie themselves if they didn't like a 360 waist spin in a scene.
I'm not saying his critique is right or wrong, but I sure know your response isn't proper.
His criticism isn't specific enough to be what I would call constructive..... or helpful.
I probably should've ignored him or asked him to be more specific..
I dunno, I think the rim lighting adds a little bit to the actual model, I just wish we saw it on other characters that it'd make sense like say Kirby or JigglyPuff.
TBH I'm kinda iffy on the rim lighting myself since it's a Mewtwo exclusive, but in the end, I feel that the Mewtwo devs made the right choice, especially since it distinguishes itself from the older Mewtwo PSAs made here.
Quote from: Albafika on October 16, 2013, 04:02:59 PM
This. Bending them to the extreme is crazy talk. Doing so, you might make it look good on a certain pose, but [censored] it up on some Brawl animations.
Yes sir. If you test the rig, the tail will look bad when bending. However, Halo animated it I'm a way that it bends nice and smoothly. If I rigged it to look "better", it would screw up the animations.
I feel like some people here are perfectionists.
As Wolfric said, you can't have a 100% perfect rig.
Quote from: Segtendo on October 16, 2013, 07:20:48 PM
I feel like some people here are perfectionists.
Lemme just say a little thing here... people are perfectionists because they expect Project M to be the essence of perfection. That's not to say it won't be improved upon, given it's still in the demo stages... but you'd think it'd come out a little more polished since "perfection" is what supposedly drives the engine of the backroom.
Of course, "perfection" is in the eye of the beholder.
Post Merge: October 16, 2013, 07:50:12 PM
Quote from: Segtendo on October 14, 2013, 01:21:42 AM
>game isn't out until 2014
>people are complaining about it
Guys. To those complaining, go ahead. Make your own Smash. It's getting annoying that people are criticizing Smash 4 way before it's even set to be released.
Not to mention it's completely fair to compare an ongoing mod that releases a relatively constant stream of demos as they progress to an officialized development group with much stricter rules than that of the modders.
i didnt even notice the rim lighting, is it that big of a difference?
as for the rig, it looks fine to me.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 16, 2013, 03:43:06 PM
Bending them to the extreme isn't the way to test a rig.
Bend them how they would bend naturally in animations.
This
lol
Quote from: Trainer SonicBrawler on October 16, 2013, 09:25:51 PM
i didnt even notice the rim lighting, is it that big of a difference?
as for the rig, it looks fine to me.
The rim lighting is much dimmer than M2K's usual rim lighting.
Also the blue glow around him during his hover attacks uses rim lighting to work.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 16, 2013, 10:46:54 PM
The rim lighting is much dimmer than M2K's usual rim lighting.
Also the blue glow around him during his hover attacks uses rim lighting to work.
That model is amazing. There's just something I really like about it and I don't know why.. Anyways, Mewtwo is definitely a top notch character for the roster
Quote from: LC-DDM on October 16, 2013, 07:42:40 PM
Lemme just say a little thing here... people are perfectionists because they expect Project M to be the essence of perfection. That's not to say it won't be improved upon, given it's still in the demo stages... but you'd think it'd come out a little more polished since "perfection" is what supposedly drives the engine of the backroom.
Of course, "perfection" is in the eye of the beholder.
I think there's a limit you can expect, especially from a community based project. What I see right now looks very nice and I'm satisfied with it myself.
Quote from: Tttttsd on October 16, 2013, 11:21:13 PM
I think there's a limit you can expect, especially from a community based project. What I see right now looks very nice and I'm satisfied with it myself.
When they make weekly videos, have an official website, get themselves interviewed in podcasts and on IGN, and overally take their role in the SSBB FGC rather seriously, then yes, I think people will expect a lot, and then some.
If you create a project and act like a very serious modder, expect to be judged as such.
Speaking of which, are you guys going to fix that Mewtwo page? .w.
EDIT: Like I'm there to give any lessons. My finger slipped and I accidentally sent the topic to the Recycle Bin. I am so sorry for all the broken message icons. x_x
I'm not saying to set a low standard, but reasonability is also pretty darn important. Sorry if I wasn't as clear as I could've been.
I'm happy with the way his animations came out, personally. In my hardly objective opinion, he is the best animated Smash fan character there is while still also requiring more 100% custom animations than any other character. Any other character that has been successfully completed at this level of quality, that is. I will rest easy with that.
On the "if you think you can do better, go ahead" subject, if you go that route, it'd be great if you proved you can do better on a different character, because people still want more and I'm to ******* tired to will another character into existence.
As a side note, after Mewtwo is released with PM, his animations fall under my regular policy of "you can use my stuff without even needing to ask as long as you credit me." If you want to improve the animations, be my guest.
When was the last time you checked the page? It was tweaked on Tuesday.
It's because the usual writers of the character pages weren't available at the time the page was originally made and when Mewtwo was revealed that the original revision read like an NES era translation.
If it has further issues, lemme know so I can take a hand at fixing them.
Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 12:26:20 AM
I'm happy with the way his animations came out, personally. In my hardly objective opinion, he is the best animated Smash fan character there is while still also requiring more 100% custom animations than any other character. I will rest easy with that.
As you should, I believe. It might even be smoother than Melee Mewtwo...
Why people are citing the animation/rigging work and saying it's only the best you guys could do (or worse, that it isn't) is beyond me. I think the PMBR should be held to a high standard, because that's what you want and it's what you give out. This seems like no exception.
Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 12:26:20 AM
On the "if you think you can do better, go ahead" subject, if you go that route, it'd be great if you proved you can do better on a different character.
That still doesn't make much sense. You don't need to have practiced the art to be able to judge it fairly. A lot of people here have been on KCMM since the dawn of SSBB hacking, and are perfectly aware of the limitations of SSBB hacking and of what great model hackers can pull off.
Really, you don't need to be a producer to be a movie critic. No offense meant, but it's just a logic biased by pride, to try and discredit the opinion of a bunchof people. An artist and his peers have never the best judges of his own work. (see internet use of"circle-jerking")
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 17, 2013, 12:31:02 AM
If it has further issues, lemme know so I can take a hand at fixing them.
I'm no native speaker, but I've been studying university English for 3 years now and I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with almost every sentence:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
But that's only the tip of the iceberg, tbh. It'd be best to have a decent writer take a few minutes and rewrite the whole page into something more fluent and seamless. While not grammatically incorrect, it's just difficult to hold my chuckles when I read about Mewtwo's "increased stats", "elegant movements", "deep mix-ups", and other "vehicles" scattered across random sentences.
(Also, that thing about ROB is still kind of an insult to video game history.)
Quote from: Miacis on October 17, 2013, 09:01:23 AM
That still doesn't make much sense. You don't need to have practiced the art to be able to judge it fairly. A lot of people here have been on KCMM since the dawn of SSBB hacking, and are perfectly aware of the limitations of SSBB hacking and of what great model hackers can pull off.
Really, you don't need to be a producer to be a movie critic. No offense meant, but it's just a logic biased by pride, to try and discredit the opinion of a bunchof people. An artist and his peers have never the best judges of his own work. (see internet use of"circle-jerking")
Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.
Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 01:22:37 PM
Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.
It's fine, we all love you, Haloed. <3
Now, that topic has been slive for 3 pages, and the one who stafted it hasn't said a word since then... Some people just [censored] for the sake of it.
Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 01:22:37 PM
Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.
The internet is tone-deaf man. What's obvious to you will not be obvious to everybody, so in order to get a joke across effectively, you need to be more explicit that it's a joke, or very heavily imply it. Otherwise, it will be lost on people who don' know you well.
So... How about dem turbo Mewtwo combos?
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 17, 2013, 02:56:51 PM
So... How about dem turbo Mewtwo combos?
Nano pls, how can you talk about combos when there are grammar errors to be fixed?
I'm is very sorry.
lol who gave the middle schooler a thesaurus and told him to write the mewtwo page?
Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 01:22:37 PM
Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.
Honestly, it took me 3 re-reads to see where the punchline was. And I'm still not sure if you were heavily sarcastic in the first paragraph or not. Regardless, my bad.
Quote from: Gravity on October 17, 2013, 03:56:08 PM
Nano pls, how can you talk about combos when there are grammar errors to be fixed?
this, and a response from you to Tcll
will get you several nominations this year...
Quote from: Miacis on October 17, 2013, 06:43:12 PM
Honestly, it took me 3 re-reads to see where the punchline was. And I'm still not sure if you were heavily sarcastic in the first paragraph or not. Regardless, my bad.
That's fine. I just thought I'd clarify so that no one would think I'd actually say something like that and mean it.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 17, 2013, 02:56:51 PM
So... How about dem turbo Mewtwo combos?
That Mewtwo-Roy turbo finisher was an amazing sight to behold. I am also biased for Roy.
Thanks Pik <3
(http://i.imgur.com/npKKUaC.png)
Sorry Waffle, but this blows your's out of the water.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 18, 2013, 04:02:09 AM
Thanks Pik <3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
That is absolutely gorgeous. Do the eyes glow blue on the visor when he hovers and such?
We plan to make them glow, yes.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 18, 2013, 04:08:41 AM
We plan to make them glow, yes.
(http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/8hCH972FU2g/mqdefault.jpg)
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
I love you guys. You make the best Mewtwo model, and then the best looking armor, too; and that's just one character.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 18, 2013, 04:08:41 AM
We plan to make them glow, yes.
Even better.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 18, 2013, 04:02:09 AM
Thanks Pik <3
(http://i.imgur.com/npKKUaC.png)
...
[spoiler]
Mother [censored]er (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe5GS0MS5gU#ws)
I have a long, long, long way to go in modeling. Damn.
Holy crap.
Would you take a good hard look at all those details...
So this is what Pik has been up too huh...?
I'm okay with this.
I.....I have no words.... :patrick:
Now THAT is glorious.
A weird question given all the major news, but are you guys still making that costume engine blogpost?
Damn... that's fabulous.
I cant even figure out what to write.
Is there a release date for 3.0 to come out? Hopefully soon.
Quote from: chaomaster on October 19, 2013, 02:15:57 AM
Is there a release date for 3.0 to come out? Hopefully soon.
We know it's winter 2013 from the end of the Mewtwo reveal video, so the latest it can be is December (and it's probably more likely than November since they're putting in so much).
January, February, and the first half of March are part of winter as well.
Quote from: Xenozoa425 on October 19, 2013, 02:44:11 AM
January, February, and the first half of March are part of winter as well.
Yes, but those months in 2013 have passed. lol
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 19, 2013, 02:55:58 AM
Yes, but those months in 2013 have passed. lol
.... Omg... youre right :'D!
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 19, 2013, 02:20:37 AM
We know it's winter 2013 from the end of the Mewtwo reveal video, so the latest it can be is December (and it's probably more likely than November since they're putting in so much).
Wow, I didnt realize it would be that soon. Now I'm even more hyped, I just hope Yoshi is added
Yoshi? Pffft, your kidding.
I would really like Samus, and Kirby, to be added, after all, they are one of the best :3
As much as everybody loves Kirby (how could one not?), I wouldn't put much stock in him not being the last character fully implemented. I imagine his Copy Abilities are a fickle thing to mess with, especially when you add cloned characters to the mix.
Buuuuut that's just my reasoning.
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on October 19, 2013, 05:21:58 PM
As much as everybody loves Kirby (how could one not?), I wouldn't put much stock in him not being the last character fully implemented. I imagine his Copy Abilities are a fickle thing to mess with, especially when you add cloned characters to the mix.
Buuuuut that's just my reasoning.
1 - I hate Kirby
2 - You're right, messing with Kirby's copy ability is hard... And they have to add their changes into 1 fitcharacter.pac... Filesize problem... But... We'll see...
Olimar? :-[
Quote from: SkullKidFTW on October 19, 2013, 05:15:18 PM
Yoshi? Pffft, your kidding.
I would really like Samus, and Kirby, to be added, after all, they are one of the best :3
They will probably be the last. They're the hardest to add of the original 8
Post Merge: October 19, 2013, 06:28:25 PM
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on October 19, 2013, 05:21:58 PM
As much as everybody loves Kirby (how could one not?), I wouldn't put much stock in him not being the last character fully implemented. I imagine his Copy Abilities are a fickle thing to mess with, especially when you add cloned characters to the mix.
Buuuuut that's just my reasoning.
I agree
I can imagine people from PMBR reading these and giggling as they know how extremely incorrect we are about whats being added and what not.
I want samus though. Too bad she is having problems.
Quote from: Trainer SonicBrawler on October 19, 2013, 06:29:25 PM
I can imagine people from PMBR reading these and giggling as they know how extremely incorrect we are about whats being added and what not.
I want samus though. Too bad she is having problems.
Yeah youre probably right
Quote from: SonicBrawler on October 19, 2013, 06:29:25 PM
I can imagine people from PMBR reading these and giggling as they know how extremely incorrect we are about whats being added and what not.
Oh, I can imagine. I know that feeling. I giggled plenty when various incorrect speculations on Pokémon X & Y were popping up everywhere before their release. The PMBR has every right to giggle about what they know and what we do not.
Kinda curious about why Yoshi has been delayed so long, but I really don't know much about Yoshi's file structure, nor do I care much about Yoshi in general.
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on October 19, 2013, 07:50:12 PM
[...] nor do I care much about Yoshi in general.
Is there anybody really?
Yoshis cool
giggle
I think I read this earlier, but you said Mewtwo will have his own boneset, right?
Quote from: Segtendo on October 20, 2013, 06:21:57 AM
I think I read this earlier, but you said Mewtwo will have his own boneset, right?
Yeah he will have his own boneset.
Quote from: Blastor5 on October 19, 2013, 09:56:45 PM
Is there anybody really?
I care about Yoshi as do many others in the community, though much more people care about Power Suit Samus.
Trust me there were serious technical problems with the last of the Brawl cast which made them unsuitable for 2.6. You'll know soon enough when they are in a presentable form....
Here's some more gameplay of the current build from a livestream yesterday.
Show's off more of Mewtwo and Roy.
http://www.twitch.tv/metroid1117/b/471665555 (http://www.twitch.tv/metroid1117/b/471665555)
That Mewtwo announcer call.... ehhhhhhhhhh not crazy about it... /:
Do I spy a new HUD there?
Quote from: Gravity on October 21, 2013, 02:08:09 AM
That Mewtwo announcer call.... ehhhhhhhhhh not crazy about it... /:
Same about the the Roy announcer call... too short and sour :/
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 21, 2013, 01:49:08 AM
Here's some more gameplay of the current build from a livestream yesterday.
Show's off more of Mewtwo and Roy.
http://www.twitch.tv/metroid1117/b/471665555 (http://www.twitch.tv/metroid1117/b/471665555)
New HUD as well as a New Mewtwo render being used as a Character Select icon.
Still no Armored Mewtwo in the stream though >.< I want to see that Alt more in game.
It's not a new render, but an old one. That's what we used before the current one. I wonder why they've not updated it yet in that stream.
Good to see some Mewtwo and Roy gameplay from the community
Post Merge: October 21, 2013, 11:07:53 PM
The roy announcer call is fine, but its a bit fast, and the Mewtwo one could really use some work
Ever since I saw the Turbo videos, will it be possible to add in a hit counter and total damage add-ups in multiplayer Turbo mode?
Its just a thought that came to me.
honestly i liek the game i think its fun, but we don't play it all that often. only real reason is because my friend is a kirby and samus main, neither of wich are in the builds yet. i am looking forward to turbo mode tho. it looks like fun.
http://youtu.be/ssSVolw61jk (http://youtu.be/ssSVolw61jk)
Dat Song of Storms...
It suits Ganondorf perfectly and he knows how make the pain rain down in Turbo.
the purple aura, is that an edit of the Always have final smash aura code?
"song sounds like something from a Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa movie"
andilikeit
Moar streaming
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp (http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp)
the ganon vs captain moment on the side of FD was... epic.
#RoyOurBoy
Quote from: SonicBrawler on October 22, 2013, 10:13:45 PM
the purple aura, is that an edit of the Always have final smash aura code?
It looks more like a color edit of the Superspicy Curry without the fireballs, which would make sense considering it replaces the Curry option in Special Brawl.
...That said, I'm guessing the Curry item now activates Turbo Mode. We'll see.
hmm. never thought of that
Holy [censored].
Final Smashes exist!
I know you guys aren't going to backport characters from ssb4, but is villager still an option for a clone engine character? I saw on your facebook page that you guys are sticking to characters that are trophies and assist trophies, so does that mean villager could appear as a semi-clone(preferably his ssb4 design).
*EDIT* I realized how stupid of a question this was, and I just found out that someone's working on a psa.
Quote from: silver856 on October 26, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
I know you guys aren't going to backport characters from ssb4, but is villager still an option for a clone engine character? I saw on your facebook page that you guys are sticking to characters that are trophies and assist trophies, so does that mean villager could appear as a semi-clone(preferably his ssb4 design).
Of course not, if they said there are going to be no characters that are new to Sm4sh in PM, I doubt they'd make the exception for the Villager.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on October 26, 2013, 06:29:47 PM
Of course not, if they said there are going to be no characters that are new to Sm4sh in PM, I doubt they'd make the exception for the Villager.
Yeah, I really doubt it's gonna happen.
On the bright side, people are working on a Villager PSA!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60188.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60188.0)
Quote from: LC-DDM on October 24, 2013, 03:18:40 PM
Holy [censored].
Final Smashes exist!
Yeah, they also exist in vBrawl.
Quote from: SwingSet on October 26, 2013, 10:34:12 PM
Yeah, they also exist in vBrawl.
(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3b8ovwtp1uo/Uc776Sr2bTI/AAAAAAAANp4/fSHHrO0G6I0/s320/thats-the-joke.gif)
http://youtu.be/DGmr6hu6InU (http://youtu.be/DGmr6hu6InU)
Neo? I like.
.....Aaaand I watched the whole thing. Man, is that all HaloedHero and Thany? You can see the work that went into them.
Quote from: Spex130 on October 29, 2013, 03:26:24 AM
.....Aaaand I watched the whole thing. Man, is that all HaloedHero and Thany? You can see the work that went into them.
Not all but they were the primary animators for Mewtwo and Roy respectively yes.
O snap
http://youtu.be/6aBA612pEmg (http://youtu.be/6aBA612pEmg)
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 29, 2013, 07:04:12 PM
O snap
http://youtu.be/6aBA612pEmg (http://youtu.be/6aBA612pEmg)
Those finishers were... explosive.
I can't wait to see next week's. Outset TL looks sweet, too.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Hooolyyy....
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 29, 2013, 10:53:46 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I love how excited you guys make me over things I wouldn't ever really care about. I often nearly forget Toon Link even exists in Smash, and here I am gawking over his alt. Well done.
I'm excited for next weeks, hopefully they'll still be taking suggestions though. I think it would be cool to see Turbo Giga Bowser
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 29, 2013, 10:53:46 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Staph taking words out of my mouth. :srs:
Hm... is there any concrete idea on what Snake's alt is?
Y'know, since there's so many options...
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 29, 2013, 10:53:46 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
...I am currently wearing my Wind Waker crawfish shirt that I got from PAX this year. Huh.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 29, 2013, 10:53:46 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sexy might be the word. Wait... Sexy IS the word for THIS!
Quote from: LC-DDM on October 30, 2013, 01:10:46 AM
Hm... is there any concrete idea on what Snake's alt is?
Y'know, since there's so many options...
I think it would be either Old Snake or Liquid Snake, or maybe even Big Boss, I'm wondering what Pit's or Adult Link's is going to be
Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 30, 2013, 02:55:53 AM
I think it would be either Old Snake or Liquid Snake, or maybe even Big Boss, I'm wondering what Pit's or Adult Link's is going to be
I hope it's his mgs1 sneaking suit, that was my favorite outfit he had.
Quote from: Mansta8 on October 30, 2013, 03:36:13 AM
I hope it's his mgs1 sneaking suit, that was my favorite outfit he had.
Yeah I'm thinking either MGS1 or Big Boss.
However, Pik did make an MGS4 Old Snake Texture a while back, so I doubt it'd be out of the spectrum to think an updated version of that would be his alt.
Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 30, 2013, 02:55:53 AM
I think it would be either Old Snake or Liquid Snake, or maybe even Big Boss, I'm wondering what Pit's or Adult Link's is going to be
Liquid wouldn't make sense, neither would Big Boss, since they made Snake a composite character. Only one that really fits -this- Snake is Old Snake.
Link's is obvious, either Fierce Deity or Skyward Link. Pit's is moot - I don't see anyone making Dark Pit a thing.
Are there going to be any Charizard alts?
Like Mega Charizard X and Y?
Quote from: BurgerKingJigglypuff on October 30, 2013, 03:20:41 PM
Are there going to be any Charizard alts?
Like Mega Charizard X and Y?
Nope. Too much of a legal issue, and we don't wanna risk being shut down. The Pokemon Company didn't even allow Sakurai to mention anything about X/Y until it came out.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 30, 2013, 04:39:05 PM
Nope. Too much of a legal issue, and we don't wanna risk being shut down. The Pokemon Company didn't even allow Sakurai to mention anything about X/Y until it came out.
Then how come you're making a Mega Mewtwo Y alt?
Or is that a separate entity?
My Mewtwo Y has nothing to do with PM. It's for my own personal use, which I'll release on the vault when 3.0 is released.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 30, 2013, 04:54:13 PM
My Mewtwo Y has nothing to do with PM. It's for my own personal use, which I'll release on the vault when 3.0 is released.
Alright. Thanks for clarifying.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 30, 2013, 04:39:05 PM
Nope. Too much of a legal issue, and we don't wanna risk being shut down. The Pokemon Company didn't even allow Sakurai to mention anything about X/Y until it came out.
I'm probably repeating myself, but if Nintendo wants to shut P:M down, that's really not the kind of consideration that will stop them. Did Stack Smash inherit the lead of the project while I wasn't looking? oô
Also, that Mewtwo page is still flouting the English language, yet nobody dares to rise and smite its insolent bravado.
Quote from: LC-DDM on October 30, 2013, 03:18:32 PM
Liquid wouldn't make sense, neither would Big Boss, since they made Snake a composite character. Only one that really fits -this- Snake is Old Snake.
Link's is obvious, either Fierce Deity or Skyward Link. Pit's is moot - I don't see anyone making Dark Pit a thing.
Alot of people said the MGS1 suit, which is pretty cool, but would look too similar to Brawl's default IMO, but Snake's Alt has alot of possibilities and so does Link's which Is why I said I wonder. Fierce Diety Link was in one game, and Skyward Sword Link would look too similar but I don't know who they'll pick
Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 31, 2013, 12:54:50 AM
Alot of people said the MGS1 suit, which is pretty cool, but would look too similar to Brawl's default IMO, but Snake's Alt has alot of possibilities and so does Link's which Is why I said I wonder. Fierce Diety Link was in one game, and Skyward Sword Link would look too similar but I don't know who they'll pick
Yeah, I think Old Snake is a better pick. He's still Snake (and not some genetic brother or something), but he's much more easily separated from Brawl Snake than MSG1's version.
Why not just an updated OoT Link? People love the game, and he'd look like the Melee model, too. That, and he'd fit better into the Brawl environment, since it's not as radical a change as Fierce Deity (who uses a giant sword and is intricately designed) while maintaining the art style (which is pretty different with Skyward Sword Link).
Quote from: Miacis on October 30, 2013, 08:58:08 PM
I'm probably repeating myself, but if Nintendo wants to shut P:M down, that's really not the kind of consideration that will stop them. Did Stack Smash inherit the lead of the project while I wasn't looking? oô
Also, that Mewtwo page is still flouting the English language, yet nobody dares to rise and smite its insolent bravado.
I can see the reasoning behind their objectives more as "not wanting to raise their flags high enough to thrust themselves into Nintendo's radar". As far as legal boundaries, however, they're already reverse-engineering Nintendo's software and distributing unofficial patches, so it's more a matter of keeping themselves from competing with current Nintendo products than not crossing legal boundaries.
Well, that would be
my reasoning, but I'm not part of PM.
And I do love your way with words, Miacis.
I was also thinking link's alt could be either OoT link or the outfit that Link wore at the beginning of skyward sword. I just wonder what would characters like Diddy, Sonic, Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, and Donkey Kong's alt
costumes would be.
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 31, 2013, 01:03:20 AM
Yeah, I think Old Snake is a better pick. He's still Snake (and not some genetic brother or something), but he's much more easily separated from Brawl Snake than MSG1's version.
Why not just an updated OoT Link? People love the game, and he'd look like the Melee model, too. That, and he'd fit better into the Brawl environment, since it's not as radical a change as Fierce Deity (who uses a giant sword and is intricately designed) while maintaining the art style (which is pretty different with Skyward Sword Link).
I want OOT Link as well, but who knows theres alot of possibilties
Post Merge: October 31, 2013, 01:15:14 AM
Quote from: silver856 on October 31, 2013, 01:14:00 AM
I was also thinking link's alt could be either OoT link or the outfit that Link wore at the beginning of skyward sword. I just wonder what would characters like Diddy, Sonic, Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, and Donkey Kong's alt
costumes would be.
Yeah, I dont know about Sonics. It wouldnt be Super Sonic, or another character from the franchise, maybe Metal or Classic Sonic
Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 31, 2013, 01:14:09 AM
I want OOT Link as well, but who knows theres alot of possibilties
Post Merge: October 31, 2013, 01:15:14 AM
Yeah, I dont know about Sonics. It wouldnt be Super Sonic, or another character from the franchise, maybe Metal or Classic Sonic
That's true. It's just my hope.
I think they said they won't do characters for costumes; just different forms or outfits. I personally would like Classic Sonic (assuming Metal Sonic can't work with that rule), but I don't think his proportions will work out. Plus, they'd have to remove his voice, which I don't think they can do with the alt costume engine.
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 31, 2013, 01:26:09 AM
That's true. It's just my hope.
I think they said they won't do characters for costumes; just different forms or outfits. I personally would like Classic Sonic (assuming Metal Sonic can't work with that rule), but I don't think his proportions will work out. Plus, they'd have to remove his voice, which I don't think they can do with the alt costume engine.
They might be able to, and I would be okay if they kept the voice, plus I could get the SatAM voicepack so he would sound awesome
The only costume for sonic that I think fits is the Robo-Sim Sonic from Sonic Colors.
Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 31, 2013, 01:36:23 AM
They might be able to, and I would be okay if they kept the voice, plus I could get the SatAM voicepack so he would sound awesome
This is an interesting idea, but I feel that they would go all the way with it and have no voice, just because that's how the games portrayed him.
Quote from: silver856 on October 31, 2013, 01:54:35 AM
The only costume for sonic that I think fits is the Robo-Sim Sonic from Sonic Colors.
I think it could be something that is a little more telling of Sonic's history. Colors is pretty new, and the robots aren't really that important to his story as a whole.
I can't believe no one said "Mighty" yet...
I believe someone mentioned Mighty around the time that the Dr. Mario render was shown.
Quote from: Kage Ryu on October 31, 2013, 01:06:26 AM
I can see the reasoning behind their objectives more as "not wanting to raise their flags high enough to thrust themselves into Nintendo's radar". As far as legal boundaries, however, they're already reverse-engineering Nintendo's software and distributing unofficial patches, so it's more a matter of keeping themselves from competing with current Nintendo products than not crossing legal boundaries.
Well, that would be my reasoning, but I'm not part of PM.
And I do love your way with words, Miacis.
I guess that's the basic idea, yeah. But my point is: they are already waving their flag around to garner support for their project and promote it. If Pokemon X/Y references was all it took for them to notice P:M, then might as well cancel the project altogether when SSB4 comes out.
And thankies. :3
Hey PMBR: it's Halloween! You're gonna need a costume! I hope this works
Mighty would be awesome, I don't know if he fits to the P:M standards though
Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 31, 2013, 11:27:52 PM
Mighty would be awesome, I don't know if he fits to the P:M standards though
Nope.
-Lacks quills for hitboxes.
-Hes not Sonic.
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 31, 2013, 11:52:20 PM
Nope.
-Lacks quills for hitboxes.
-Hes not Sonic.
Yeah thought so
Quote from: Miacis on October 31, 2013, 12:59:00 PM
I guess that's the basic idea, yeah. But my point is: they are already waving their flag around to garner support for their project and promote it. If Pokemon X/Y references was all it took for them to notice P:M, then might as well cancel the project altogether when SSB4 comes out.
And thankies. :3
Honestly SSB4 looks so disappointing so far that I'm more hype for the next PM release than that [censored].
Project M Turbo Tuesdays: Finale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGs6YXNiWZY#ws)
Here's a special TT.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 05, 2013, 08:50:42 PM
Project M Turbo Tuesdays: Finale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGs6YXNiWZY#ws)
Here's a special TT.
This was an awesome finale. Beautiful models, too. So glad they did OoT Link and Melee Fox.
So new costumes I thought I saw.
MGS1 Snake at the beginning (not sure about this as Lucario's Aura got in the way, thought I saw a vest though)
Shadow Queen Peach
Dry Bowser
Mr. L
Melee Fox
Melee/OOT Adult Link
Party hat Pikachu
Virtua boy ROB
So Melee Fox, Shadow Queen Peach, Melee Link, Dry Bowser, and Mr. L are alts for P:M? =o
I think I saw MGS1 Snake. yusssss
I saw Party Hat Pika too
I really wish this meant release soon :oshi:
I was staring at Shadow Queen Peach trying to figure out the cape thing.
It's her hair, isn't it?
Aftering seeing OoT Link a second time, it looked very familiar. :srs:
There is no MGS1 Snake in that vid.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on November 05, 2013, 09:31:04 PM
There is no MGS1 Snake in that vid.
Alright, glad someone told me that my eyes were playing tricks with me.
^ Aw, too bad. I'll be putting in one from the vault then.\
Now we wait for 3.0 and the renders.
What I'm thinking right now is, will there also be new spectator cheers for the new characters? And if so, will you remake the standard Brawl ones? Because in my opinion SSB64 had the best cheers, in Melee they were ok but in Brawl they sound like you and your buddies had a drink too much and are watching some Brawl tournament.
I think if you ask you could get quite a bunch of PM fans to do the job. :)
Also LoZTP Midna for PM.
I need to see a render of that shadow queen cause it looks amazing!
Quote from: Mansta8 on November 05, 2013, 09:33:21 PM
^ Aw, too bad. I'll be putting in one from the vault then.\
Now we wait for 3.0 and the renders.
Renders you say? Like these?
[spoiler]
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/625580_616801995039677_1986404511_n.png)
(https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536980_616801895039687_882553535_n.png)
Those are amazing!!!!
Quote from: Spex130 on November 05, 2013, 09:20:01 PM
I was staring at Shadow Queen Peach trying to figure out the cape thing.
It's her hair, isn't it?
Yes sir. No bone edits, just very tedious rigging.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on November 05, 2013, 10:59:26 PM
Renders you say? Like these?
[spoiler]
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/625580_616801995039677_1986404511_n.png)
(https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536980_616801895039687_882553535_n.png)
(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/091/9/5/A_Stunning_Expression_by_A_Demented_Loki.jpg)
[censored]ing fabulous.
I've always thought that Melee Fox looked like a dog. Not like that has anything to do with anything.
Okay. I'm going to bite on those two alts you just showed.
Why Melee Fox and OoT Link? Why not any other iterations? Like Adventures or Assault, or hell, SNES Fox for example? Why not do Fierce Deity, or even LoZ1 Link?
Why both of the ones that were in Melee? Why are they so important?
Quote from: Velen on November 06, 2013, 12:10:15 AM
Okay. I'm going to bite on those two alts you just showed.
Why Melee Fox and OoT Link? Why not any other iterations? Like Adventures or Assault, or hell, SNES Fox for example? Why not do Fierce Deity, or even LoZ1 Link?
Why both of the ones that were in Melee? Why are they so important?
Fierce Deity doesn't have a shield as well as has a bigger sword, as well as the design that was picked being popular for appearing in OOT, Soul Calibur 2, and Melee.
Fox's design was probably picked as it's based off of Star Fox 64, the most popular Star Fox game in the series.
Honestly they make the most sense in my mind, and they look nice so I'm not complaining.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on November 06, 2013, 12:21:53 AM
Fierce Deity doesn't have a shield as well as has a bigger sword, as well as the design that was picked being popular for appearing in OOT, Soul Calibur 2, and Melee.
Fox's design was probably picked as it's based off of Star Fox 64, the most popular Star Fox game in the series.
Honestly they make the most sense in my mind, and they look nice so I'm not complaining.
Not saying they look bad. They look great. I'm just saying they could've gone for larger nostalgia appeal by going for the oldest iterations possible.
Quote from: Velen on November 06, 2013, 12:10:15 AM
Okay. I'm going to bite on those two alts you just showed.
Why Melee Fox and OoT Link? Why not any other iterations? Like Adventures or Assault, or hell, SNES Fox for example? Why not do Fierce Deity, or even LoZ1 Link?
Why both of the ones that were in Melee? Why are they so important?
Because Melee. ¦D
Oh wait, this isn't Smashboards. No ones gonna get that joke. XD
Quote from: Velen on November 06, 2013, 12:10:15 AM
Okay. I'm going to bite on those two alts you just showed.
Why Melee Fox and OoT Link? Why not any other iterations? Like Adventures or Assault, or hell, SNES Fox for example? Why not do Fierce Deity, or even LoZ1 Link?
Why both of the ones that were in Melee? Why are they so important?
Bcuz Melee.
And I really like their designs. OoT Link by far looks the best out of the Link designs in my opinion.
And by the way, Pik made OoT Link, and Star did Melee Fox.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on November 05, 2013, 09:05:20 PM
So new costumes I thought I saw.
MGS1 Snake at the beginning (not sure about this as Lucario's Aura got in the way, thought I saw a vest though)
Shadow Queen Peach
Dry Bowser
Mr. L
Melee Fox
Melee/OOT Adult Link
Party hat Pikachu
Virtua boy ROB
And Squirtle Squad Squirtle. (:
Quote from: Kage Ryu on November 06, 2013, 02:15:06 AM
And Squirtle Squad Squirtle. (:
Nope. He's always been an Easter egg. ;)
He's not an alt costume.
Okay. I have to slightly nitpick something here...
I notice that your all's version of Shadow Queen has red eyes... Like every other DA incarnation of her.
She only had red eyes when she struck Grodus with lightning.
Why not make her eyes purple? And have her eyes change to red during some moves? Or for the Final Smash eyes?
Shadow Queen herself is purple... And seems to be made up of stars. Why not reflect that in her eyes? It would even make her look more... Possessed. Since in Paper Mario 2. She's just using Peach's body.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 06, 2013, 03:00:42 AM
Nope. He's always been an Easter egg. ;)
He's not an alt costume.
Does that mean I get a prize for finding him, then? 8D
Good concern, Data Drain, but the purple eyes would be too monochromatic with her dress and lipstick. They just wouldn't stand out.
On the other hand, the red eyes work with her red jewels, design-wise. It helps that red is a really fierce color, too.
Normal Peach has a similar design choice-- her jewels and eyes are both blue, while the rest of her is pink.
Quote from: Pik on November 06, 2013, 03:13:34 AM
Good concern, Data Drain, but the purple eyes would be monochromatic with her dress and lipstick. They just wouldn't stand out.
On the other hand, the red eyes work with her red jewels, design-wise. It helps that red is a really fierce color, too.
Normal Peach has a similar design choice-- her jewels and eyes are both blue, while the rest of her is pink.
I suppose that's a good point...
Still, it would be kinda nice if there was some hint in her eyes that she's possessed.
I understand that red eyes are out of the norm. But it kinda invokes an image of a vampire. However Shadow Queen is a demonic witch.
Composed of shadows and whatnot.
Anyway though...
I gotta say. This completely blows my collab out of the water.
Are there any plans to release these separate from P:M itself? I for various reasons don't have any interest in P:M itself. But some of these alts look pretty nice.
Nahhh they're gonna stay with PM.
At least I don't plan on releasing any to the vault.
Thanks, lol. Glad you liked it, man. I was suprised you could see her eye color from that distance. Anyway, I'd say red is a pretty possessed looking eye color, right?
If we don't end up releasing them to the vault, I'm sure you could still get your hands them somehow.
Quote from: Pik on November 06, 2013, 03:31:47 AM
Thanks, lol. Glad you liked it, man. I was suprised you could see her eye color from that distance. Anyway, I'd say red is a pretty possessed looking eye color, right?
If we don't end up releasing them to the vault, I'm sure you could still get your hands them somehow.
Like by downloading P:M and just pulling the files out of there? (;
Anywho, I will say that I enjoyed this Turbo Tuesday quite a lot. I've been waiting quite a while for Turbo Charizard, and that part was beautiful.
I'm glad you guys have been enjoying our promotional videos and images! <3
I wasn't into Project M... But now... I think it may change xD
Yuck, Melee Fox. Never was a fan of that design. Kind of disappointed to see it as an alt.
Oh well, the rest look nice. 'Specially that Shadow Queen.
Not very inspired on some of those alt designs... Shadow Queen stands out, but that's about it for me.
Quote from: Strong Bad on November 06, 2013, 08:37:09 AM
I'm glad you guys have been enjoying our promotional videos and images! <3
Is somebody going to fix that awful Mewtwo page someday? Seems like none of the regular PMBR visitors are willing to do it. Maybe you can? :3
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 06, 2013, 03:27:41 AM
Nahhh they're gonna stay with PM.
At least I don't plan on releasing any to the vault.
Why?
Quote from: Miacis on November 06, 2013, 05:35:47 PM
Why?
Bcuz I'm lazy. Idunno.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I agree with Data on the eyes. Looks more vampire like than possessed. Regardless, pretty awesome job on it, Pik!
Great models, you guys.
Quote from: Miacis on November 06, 2013, 05:35:47 PM
Oh hey, one of the PMBR big shots visiting KCMM for once.
Is somebody going to fix that awful Mewtwo page someday? Seems like none of the regular PMBR visitors are willing to do it. Maybe you can? :3
Why?
The ones who handle the pages have already been notified and it will be edited in a little bit.
In other news, there's more stuff to come so stay tuned.
I actually just noticed something else about Shadow Queen...
Her shoulders don't seem quite accurate.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Shadow_Queen (http://www.mariowiki.com/Shadow_Queen)
But, this might be due to rigging issues. And left intentionally inaccurate. For the sake of rigging.
And I still say something should be done with the eyes to seem more possessed looking.
Not sure what though... Maybe giving the eye whites a SLIGHT purple hue? Or do something with the iris to make it look... Creepier? I don't know.
Still, as I've said before though. It looks really good other then these little nitpicks. And is the best of the P:M alts by far.
But when you compare it to uninspired things like Melee versions. It stands out big time. You COULD have gone the unoriginal route, and made the Peach alt Rosalina. But chose not to... Props to ya.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 06, 2013, 07:56:44 PM
I actually just noticed something else about Shadow Queen...
Her shoulders don't seem quite accurate.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Shadow_Queen (http://www.mariowiki.com/Shadow_Queen)
But, this might be due to rigging issues. And left intentionally inaccurate. For the sake of rigging.
And I still say something should be done with the eyes to seem more possessed looking.
Not sure what though... Maybe giving the eye whites a SLIGHT purple hue? Or do something with the iris to make it look... Creepier? I don't know.
Still, as I've said before though. It looks really good other then these little nitpicks. And is the best of the P:M alts by far.
But when you compare it to uninspired things like Melee versions. It stands out big time. You COULD have gone the unoriginal route, and made the Peach alt Rosalina. But chose not to... Props to ya.
We're not trying to 100% copy off the official alt from their original games. Each model will be slightly tweaked and modified to fit the modeler's taste and to fit in with Brawl's art style.
More alt costume I for can be found here:
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/alternate-costumes-blogpost (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/alternate-costumes-blogpost)
Literally the same model as found in the vault... but here's a new picture I guess.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
^ I don't think it needed changes anyway, the model was already really good.
I like the Shadow Peach render, but that Dry Bowser one isn't very flattering. Same with Mr. L.
Edit: I should probably elaborate so I sound less [censored]ish. The Dry Bowser render is just sorta awkward, and it draws attention to the less-than-flattering parts of the model. The only thing weird about Mr. L is the hands. They're really small and it kills the sense of depth that the pose is trying to convey. I dunno, just talking out my ass here.
Just read that page on the alt. costumes and it made me wonder if standalone costumes would get recolors after everyone got their costume and the remaining characters were added. Is that even a possibility?
Quote from: SJS on November 06, 2013, 10:17:07 PM
I like the Shadow Peach render, but that Dry Bowser one isn't very flattering. Same with Mr. L.
Edit: I should probably elaborate so I sound less [censored]ish. The Dry Bowser render is just sorta awkward, and it draws attention to the less-than-flattering parts of the model. The only thing weird about Mr. L is the hands. They're really small and it kills the sense of depth that the pose is trying to convey. I dunno, just talking out my ass here.
Yeah. I have to agree.
The Dry Bowser render doesn't seem menacing enough.
At the moment. He's just standing there all like "meh".
His pose should be a bit more dynamic.
And as SJ said about Mr. L... Yeah, the prospective seems off. It should have a better sense of depth.
Quote from: SJS on November 06, 2013, 10:17:07 PM
The only thing weird about Mr. L is the hands. They're really small and it kills the sense of depth that the pose is trying to convey. I dunno, just talking out my ass here.
They are small looking because Luigi's hands aren't that big. They are scaled a lot in Luigi's animations.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 06, 2013, 11:30:25 PM
They are small looking because Luigi's hands aren't that big. They are scaled a lot in Luigi's animations.
No [censored] :0
That's what bone scaling is for.
For Sonic's alt. costume...I want to see Classic Sonic as an alt. costume. That'll be awesome.
Quote from: Velen on November 06, 2013, 12:25:15 AM
Not saying they look bad. They look great. I'm just saying they could've gone for larger nostalgia appeal by going for the oldest iterations possible.
They're aiming too much at Melee than just the battle physics and all that they originally mentioned...
At first, I expected P:M to be a balance between all smash games up to now, but it's been stepping into Melee territory a bit too much... I understand about the techniques and everything, but no need to go back into textures...
But after all, what'd you expect from just the name of the project itself? Project MELEE
We're trying to appeal to the competitive Melee fanbase.
A lot of them prefer Melee Fox's design. Personally, I do too.
As for Link, Melee or not his OoT design is awesome.
Just out of curiosity, is it possible with the alt-costume engine to have more than one alt costume on a given character (assuming the graphic and sound effects stay the same)? If so, what would be the limit to that?
Secondly, is the PMBR going to divulge how the alt-character engine works at any point, or would I have to reverse engineer their reverse engineering to figure it out?
"Additionally, cBliss does not have support for Team Colors with its added costumes."
Can someone clarify what you mean by that?
cBliss does support team colors very well, just not like Brawl originally does.
This is by design and not by flaw; it is to give it a more uniform setup.
Thanks for the stab though.
Quote from: ASF1nk on November 07, 2013, 07:13:38 AM
"Additionally, cBliss does not have support for Team Colors with its added costumes."
Can someone clarify what you mean by that?
cBliss does support team colors very well, just not like Brawl originally does.
This is by design and not by flaw; it is to give it a more uniform setup.
Thanks for the stab though.
It was rather poorly worded, but I think what it meant was that their alt-character engine supports team colors for the alt characters as well, as with their example of being able to have two red Marios (Mario's default color and Doctor Mario's red color) on the same Red Team without the white overlay.
That makes sense now, thanks.
Though that won't be true for long.
Anyways congrats glad to finally see something.
yeah... back to my favourite mewtwo topic, you guys said his thinner fingers were because of the more recent design mewtwo was given... well, in X and Y he still has the "bulb" fingers...
so yeah...
Quote from: Kage Ryu on November 07, 2013, 06:07:14 AM
Just out of curiosity, is it possible with the alt-costume engine to have more than one alt costume on a given character (assuming the graphic and sound effects stay the same)? If so, what would be the limit to that?
Secondly, is the PMBR going to divulge how the alt-character engine works at any point, or would I have to reverse engineer their reverse engineering to figure it out?
Question 1: We have a limit, yes. We can't add unlimited amount of slots to a character. I forgot the exact number we can have, but I'm pretty sure it's around the same as the amount that Wario has (10ish?). We may not use all of them for each character though...
Question 2: it depends on what our coders think.
Quote from: ASF1nk on November 07, 2013, 07:13:38 AM
"Additionally, cBliss does not have support for Team Colors with its added costumes."
Can someone clarify what you mean by that?
cBliss does support team colors very well, just not like Brawl originally does.
This is by design and not by flaw; it is to give it a more uniform setup.
Thanks for the stab though.
As Kage said, we can have the alts on the Red, Blue, or Green team for team battles.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 07, 2013, 01:10:27 PMQuestion 1: We have a limit, yes. We can't add unlimited amount of slots to a character. I forgot the exact number we can have, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the amount that Wario has. We may not use all of them for each character though...
10 slots.; and wario has 12 slots.
------------------------------------
now if only we could fit megaman into project m. the thing is, he was never in a previous smash bros. a shame really, i REALLY wanna play as him without replacing Ness.
Ahh I thought Wario had 10. My bad.
The Alt costumes are great and all, but I'd honestly prefer melee alts for all the characters. Some may say "Not everyone is in melee though!" Well why not use a design that's similar to melee? An example of this is SA2 Sonic, but maybe with a better melee touch to it. I know my ideas aren't going to be used, but it's a suggestion :P
or just give sonic more actual recolors than just green and red. black sonic could actually be black (semi-representing shadow), and gold ring sonic could be light gray (representing silver). as for snake, just use his regular skins, but his head is that of TS Snake in each.
Will dry bowser have his blue flames or is that not possible?
Quote from: silver856 on November 07, 2013, 10:34:37 PM
Will dry bowser have his blue flames or is that not possible?
He will not have them in 3.0. We may or may not be able to add it later in the future, depends if our coders can figure it out.
The special aesthetics for Dr. Mario took a lot of time and coding that can't be easily replicated for each character.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 07, 2013, 11:03:01 PM
He will not have them in 3.0. We may or may not be able to add it later in the future, depends if our coders can figure it out.
The special aesthetics for Dr. Mario took a lot of time and coding that can't be easily replicated for each character.
I honestly thought this was going to be a flat "no" simply because of how tedious it would be. This would be so great.
Might as well ask a question myself: are you guys trying to make it possible to have different soundbanks for alt costumes (beyond Dr. Mario's special case)? Even if you're not, could you explain the limitations as of now?
These look amazing!
Do we have a set release date/month yet?
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 07, 2013, 04:33:28 AM
We're trying to appeal to the competitive Melee fanbase.
Funny how a lot of people here seem to forget that it's what drives this whole project.
- Ganondorf has had that hilarious Down-Air animation replaced since what, the first iteration of P:M? It wasn't because the animation fitted Ganondorf best (it doesn't; it's Falcon's move), but to appeal to the SSBB FGC community. Because it looks like Melee.
- Differenciating Falco so he's more unique? [censored] that. Make it more Melee. :P
- Wanna playtest? I hope you've been playing in tournaments, or playing with famous tournament-players.
And yet people still wonder why there's so much old stuff in Project Melee.
hey guys, i got the perfect idea for a sonic alt.
Sonic Generations PC: Sky Troops Speed Run with Legacy Sonic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTIRfcboD8#ws)
basically, Sonic with all his little extras from past sonic games. (Soap Shoes, SaTBK Gaunlet, Riders Goggles, etc.)
Quote from: Miacis on November 08, 2013, 12:06:01 AM- Wanna playtest? I hope you've been playing in tournaments, or playing with famous tournament-players.
To be fair, there's really not that much that a dedicated "low-level" player can tell us that we don't already know. And we have several members that aren't terribly excellent Smash players that have other jobs (video editing, modeling, etc) that we can get commentary from anyways.
As for "Just making everything Melee," that's not really true. There's a huge spectrum of opinions on what we should be doing: "Keep Brawl stuff," "Keep Melee stuff," "Do your own thing," and most people that fall somewhere in the middle. In general, we've been in the second column for most of development, but that becomes less the case as time goes on and we further establish our own identity.
Also please keep in mind that while you may firmly be of the "Stop just being Melee 2.0 plz" camp, we have plenty of vocal people on the other side of the coin. We're able to (generally) please both sets of people, which I think is one of Project M's strongest points.
...Just don't expect Falco to throw his reflector anytime soon.
still wish megaman was a viable option for project m without getting on Nintendo's (or Capcom's) bad side. ever since melee was released I was hopin for the blue bomber (I was young and didn't know anything about copyright infringement at the time). alas, no such luck has happened. and now smash 4 is announced and I have to wait until its release to play as him. i just don't want to replace :ness: to do so. although i loved the megaman series, i also enjoyed earthbound as a child. i just cant get rid of the little guy.
Quote from: Shadic on November 08, 2013, 12:25:31 AM
"Keep Brawl stuff," "Keep Melee stuff"
...Just don't expect Falco to throw his reflector anytime soon.
This.
For me, Brawl had alot of stuff fixed that Melee just made me and my friends rage. (Biggest thing being Falcon's side-b ledge recovery spasm, which at least P:M fixed).
But there are other things that still get at me from P:M just like Melee did the same. For instance:
1. The no-backwards ledge grab (makes you think you actually landed safe on the stage, when you just fall down to your misery)
2. The insane amount of gravity you have from just plain jumping from air to platform (had so many people raging for Pit's aerial game compared on how he was from brawl) (and if you by some mistake keep pressing a jab against someone on the edge and they shield, you fall quick since you n-air'd and can't recover :/ )
3. And, personally, my biggest foe, the Melee camera. (This thing drives me dizzy, especially when it's a big stage like temple, and your bouncing around the whole stage, when you tech skills fail as the camera tries it's best to keep up, when the brawl camera just has a wide but fair view of the stage).
4. The no-instant-ledge grab from Melee (you can just abuse the edge-guarding to the point of going from 50-100+ damage in just a few smashes since you can't grab the edge just right ((especially
with C. Falcon, when you fall out of the stage you just can't come back up with that Up-B if you don't make contact with the player )))
Things that just get your bad side of attention at the game, but small compared to how drastically they've made an almost perfect balance of a true smash game as it should have been since the very beginning.
P.S. Personally I prefer Brawl's Falco, as he actually prefers the AIR! (AKA not fall quite faster than Fox in Melee, as the logic that a bird with wings falsl faster than a fully grown fox is master logic. lol
I can understand it's part of his techniques for combos and such, but that doesn't mean P:M team can't redesign him...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Credit to Pik for making this beautiful model <3
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 08, 2013, 03:23:21 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I thought this was just a recolor from watching the video. That is so freaking clever.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 08, 2013, 03:23:21 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Holy crap. You guys are always full of surprises.
Thanx
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 08, 2013, 03:23:21 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Oh god eyes! Look at those eyes! Definitely will use ROB for the fourth time of my life for this alternated costume!
Wait, shoot, did you guys put a screenshot of Virtual Boy Mario Tennis in there?
Holy crap!
Holy smexy! That model looks good.
Hoo, man. Clever indeed.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 08, 2013, 03:23:21 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Credit to Pik for making this beautiful model <3
Virtual Boy ROB?
Holy [censored].
Oh wow, yeah, I thought that was just a recolor. Nice.
Here's to hoping for more console-themed recolors. Or alts.
I want to look through those eyes...
Quote from: Gravity on November 08, 2013, 03:52:28 AM
Oh wow, yeah, I thought that was just a recolor. Nice.
Here's to hoping for more console-themed recolors. Or alts.
SNES-For-A-Head+SuperScope Eyes / Purple-Gray Design
NES-For-A-Head+Light Zapper Eyes / Orange-Gray Design
If you guys don't do it, I'm going to do it.
So, does this slot get a new FS that makes the people playing the game get a headache and throw up?
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 08, 2013, 03:23:21 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Credit to Pik for making this beautiful model <3
I woulda never thought of that! the virtual boy may have been terribad, but it was part of Nintendo's history nonetheless. well-played P:M
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on November 08, 2013, 03:54:31 AM
I want look through those eyes...
Looking through those eyes
HURTS THE SOUL.
So Dantarion will be doing a stream on the clone engine @ 9 pm PST
I figured some of you folks would be interested http://twitch.tv/dantarion (http://twitch.tv/dantarion)
Quote from: cmart on November 15, 2013, 11:31:35 PM
So Dantarion will be doing a stream on the clone engine @ 9 pm PST
I figured some of you folks would be interested http://twitch.tv/dantarion (http://twitch.tv/dantarion)
(http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/pokemon-blue-version/b/b2/Slowpoke.gif) (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64101.msg1196437#msg1196437)
Click on Slowpoke. :v
I'm also a Slowpoke, but that ROB model looks great.
While I do prefer Brawl Minus over PM (for now), I've been getting hyped about PM more lately. I can't wait to see what's next. (:
I just wanna see hoe they fit all the characters on the select screen.
How will you change into the alternate costumes, do you have to download them or is there a special way to get them in Project M itself?
Quote from: chaomaster on November 16, 2013, 04:01:32 AM
How will you change into the alternate costumes, do you have to download them or is there a special way to get them in Project M itself?
The alternate costumes will be included in Project M when you use PM with their own slots and CSPs.
http://youtu.be/vIxskj3UFV0 (http://youtu.be/vIxskj3UFV0)
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 19, 2013, 01:52:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxskj3UFV0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxskj3UFV0)
:happy: There are no words for this! Thank you guys so much for your work. I'm more excited for this than Christmas...
You guys had me fooled for a sec there, I thought Samus wasn't gonna be in this release. But boy oh boy did she show up.
Hype hype hype
I think the thing i want the most is turbo mode. I dont have interest in the extra costumes (they look good tho), and i don't think I could get the clone engine working for vbrawl, bit man, that turbo mode.
"The Clone Engine was created by Dantarion and ds22 and is for the use of the PMBR"....Sounds like a Project M only thing
Quote from: chocodino on November 19, 2013, 02:31:16 AM
"The Clone Engine was created by Dantarion and ds22 and is for the use of the PMBR"....Sounds like a Project M only thing
That's because it kinda sorta is at the moment.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 19, 2013, 02:33:56 AM
That's because it kinda sorta is at the moment.
^ Unfortunately this.
my body is [censored]ing ready! the only thing more exciting than this is 3.0b, with the big fixes an all, but this is what dreams are made of. I may like brawl minus, but I started out on project m. with all the characters in, I just wish I could add one more myself (as a separate character). I would kill for an inclusion of megaman, but that would be treading on both Nintendo's and Capcom's turf; plus he was never in a previous smash bros game (even though he deserved a spot in even melee).
new mechanics will 'wow' my friends with a combination of both tactics and just sheer awesomeness.
the only thing that bugs me (and this is more of a minor OCD thing) is that there's still room for 3 more spaces. problem is, there were only 7 extra slots created after the removal of the forbidden 7. although the gimmick character slots fill 7 slots, pokemon trainer has been entirely removed (speaking of which, do the 3 separate pokemon, mewtwo, and roy get final smashes of their own?). this leaves one slot open. dr Mario is Mario's alt costume, pichu would need size-modding, removing balance, and young link would just be another link. what im asking is, do you have any plans for that slot?
in conclusion, you guys have come far into making a melee/brawl mix (with a hint of SSB64 added). now the only thing you guys need is more melee stages. maybe work on the Brinstar Depths BETA and get it to spin perhaps? idk, just spitballing. well done guys, well done indeed.
Holy [censored] that Samus.
Just watched that video. Damn, guys. Damn.
Dat Samus!
Quote from: Gnorcteen on November 19, 2013, 02:42:29 AM
my body is [censored]ing ready! the only thing more exciting than this is 3.0b, with the big fixes an all, but this is what dreams are made of. I may like brawl minus, but I started out on project m. with all the characters in, I just wish I could add one more myself (as a separate character). I would kill for an inclusion of megaman, but that would be treading on both Nintendo's and Capcom's turf; plus he was never in a previous smash bros game (even though he deserved a spot in even melee).
new mechanics will 'wow' my friends with a combination of both tactics and just sheer awesomeness.
the only thing that bugs me (and this is more of a minor OCD thing) is that there's still room for 3 more spaces. problem is, there were only 7 extra slots created after the removal of the forbidden 7. although the gimmick character slots fill 7 slots, pokemon trainer has been entirely removed (speaking of which, do the 3 separate pokemon, mewtwo, and roy get final smashes of their own?). this leaves one slot open. dr Mario is Mario's alt costume, pichu would need size-modding, removing balance, and young link would just be another link. what im asking is, do you have any plans for that slot?
in conclusion, you guys have come far into making a melee/brawl mix (with a hint of SSB64 added). now the only thing you guys need is more melee stages. maybe work on the Brinstar Depths BETA and get it to spin perhaps? idk, just spitballing. well done guys, well done indeed.
Mewtwo and Roy will have final smashes.
The pokemon, however, still won't have any.
And regarding your questions about the clone engine slots... I'm sorry but I am unable to answer those questions.
Their parents must be proud. :>.>:
Is 3.0 going to be the final version?
No 3.0 will not be the final version, but this will be the most defining of the existing versions.
the day project m is done updating could be the day the poke trainer's pokemon get their own final smashes, however that is only my personal hypothesis; there could/will be many more updates after that.
im really liking samus, although her brawl outfit doesnt seem to fit her new speed...
does samus have alts, like other:M samus?
yeah!!!!! 41 characters!!!!! cant wait!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
(http://projectmgame.com//content/images/news/3.0/css.png)
*Watched the 3.0 Trailer.* :>.>:
*Then looked at the release...*
(http://i.imgur.com/fc6QuWH.png)
Well, that was pretty hype.
Dunno who did the icy things on Samus's mode change, but he/she gets points for the crafty use of the frozen effects on the Side-Smash. I had to go back and check again because it almost looked like a new effect model.
Minus point for the re-introduction of Samus's glitchy SSBM bomb physics. I'm okay with regular wavedashes, but Samus's thing is kinda random and doesn't really make any sense on the timing.
I'm more curious about how Kirby will work with Roy/Mewtwo in terms of B-stealing.
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on November 19, 2013, 09:56:42 AM
im really liking samus, although her brawl outfit doesnt seem to fit her new speed...
does samus have alts, like other:M samus?
I'd be willing to bet that if anything, Samus will have a custom Brawl-styled Power Suit as her alt and maybe either a Zero Mission or NES (or possibly Super Metroid) Zero Suit costume to go with it since the Brawl design is based mostly on Zero Mission, which is a remake of the original NES game. Just a guess, but if she gets an alt it seems like the most likely one to me.
i just want an athlethic power suit for samus :D
I wasn't expecting Kirby to be coming on 3.0. Interesting. I am hyped by this upcoming release, indeed.
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on November 20, 2013, 02:48:05 PM
i just want a fan-made power suit for samus :D
Fixed that for you.
awesome my (not mario)main from melee is back: kirby xD
i like the changes too on the up-b
Quote from: Albafika on November 20, 2013, 02:57:06 PM
I wasn't expecting Kirby to be coming on 3.0. Interesting. I am hyped by this upcoming release, indeed.Fixed that for you.
ever seen other:M's samus or smash 4's?
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on November 20, 2013, 03:16:37 PM
ever seen other:M's samus or smash 4's?
Yes, I have? In fact:
Other M (http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121229200313/metroid/images/9/92/Transparent_samus_other_m.png) | Brawl (http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090425215827/metroid/images/4/45/Brawl_Varia.png) | Sm4sh (http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/samus/main.png)
I don't really see much difference other than shoulders being slightly smaller in Other M's. That makes it more athletic? Pretty sure "athletic" isn't the word you are looking for here.
The trailer is getting me so hyped.
I honestly stopped playing Smash like 2 months ago. But I know i'll get back into it once 3.0 is out.
Im a little surprised with certain alt outfits. Mainly Fox and Link in the Turbo Tuesday finale getting there Melee/3DS remakes designs. I was hoping for something a little more extravagant like Fox's outfit from Star Fox Adventures. Maybe Link would don his FD outfit.
I mean I like the current alts but there been so many "Melee" styled mods its kinda boring to see them now. Especially for something as prestigious as P:M
But I'll cope.
Also as an EX-Mewtwo player I do plan getting my hands dirty again with Mewtwo's chain grabs.
I think Samus actually looks okay there with the Brawl design with it being based on Zero Mission. Since the Brawl Varia (and Gravity) suit is based on MZM, I figured maybe the regular Power Suit from the same game as an alt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
and either this or the Super Metroid version (which would basically be the same thing, but long hair and black clothes) of ZSS to go with it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Or I suppose if they really want to be classic, they could go with the NES look and give her pink clothes and green hair, although she already has a pink costume so IDK.
Hey im just wondering. Can you put any Marth skin over Roy as well?
And what about Mewtwo? Same slots as Lucario or entirely different?
Marth skins will work on Roy.
Lucario skins will not. Mewtwo uses a custom boneset. It's simple to fix Lucario models if you know how to do bone edits in BrawlBox.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 20, 2013, 08:41:34 PM
Marth skins will work on Roy.
Lucario skins will not. Mewtwo uses a custom boneset. It's simple to fix Lucario models if you know how to do bone edits in BrawlBox.
Totally replacing Roy with Mia confirmed.
Sweet! Thanks guys :)
Ima just replace Ness with... well you guys already know by now
Quote from: Shun_One on November 20, 2013, 08:49:03 PM
Totally replacing Roy with Mia confirmed.
Mah boi :happy:
I'm curious, if Doc can throw pills and possessed peach has the aura effect. Would it be possible to change Sonic's homing attack color per recolor as well? Not requesting, just curious.
If characters don't get different forms will they still get additional costumes?
Quote from: SwingSet on November 21, 2013, 06:33:26 AM
I'm curious, if Doc can throw pills and possessed peach has the aura effect. Would it be possible to change Sonic's homing attack color per recolor as well? Not requesting, just curious.
Peach doesn't had any aura affect... All characters get that during Turbo Mode
I think Power Suit Samus would be a nice alt costume. Like the original Power Suit from Zero Mission, or maybe even Retro Samus would be an impressively cool alt.
Boshi as an alt. costume for Yoshi, please?
I heard that there was something going on for project M about changing/making new Event Matches in the single player mode. Is this true?
Im pretty sure its not happening or atleast anytime soon but im just curious.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 21, 2013, 12:40:34 PM
Peach doesn't had any aura affect... All characters get that during Turbo Mode
I think that was referring to the dark effect like what Ganon has.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on November 21, 2013, 06:55:33 PM
I think that was referring to the dark effect like what Ganon has.
Many oops. That's what I meant.
i'd be more impressed if they get the blue flames for dry bowser working. not counting on it, but authenticity would give project m more popularity than it already has; and that aint a bad thing to have when it comes to gaming.
If any MORE changes are made from the last version, I think one of them should be the color of sonic's spindash GFX. It bothers me that its still blue on a red costume.
i cant wait for turbo mode!
Alright, so I finally got P:M working with an NTSC iso and USB Loader GX and I must say..
I'm impressed. The game feels great, even better than Melee imo. Might just be becouse all my favorites from Melee got buffs. Mario and Ganondorf for example, they feel so amazing in this game. Wolf is my favorite out of the "new" characters, lovin' his shine!
The alternate costumes are looking amazing, too! Freaking Dry Bowser.. so sexy. lol
Also, I love the huge selection of neutral stages. Brawl and Melee both had a pretty limited amount of competetively viable stages, so seeing this many stages that I could potentionally use is awesome.
That 3.0 trailer got me hella excited. Samus and Mewtwo are looking amazing, can't wait to try them out.
Will Roy and Mewtwo get their own slot on the BrawlVault?
Quote from: Mr. Nice guy on November 23, 2013, 04:04:33 PM
Will Roy and Mewtwo get their own slot on the BrawlVault?
Roy wont for sure, but Mewtwo might
Quote from: Mr. Nice guy on November 23, 2013, 04:04:33 PM
Will Roy and Mewtwo get their own slot on the BrawlVault?
I highly doubt it.
Unless the PMBR decides to reveal the full Clone Engine for vBrawl to use (which they said they won't at this time), then it's likely Roy and Mewtwo won't ever get a place on the Vault. :/
I heard that the Roy slot they have can use Marth hacks, so I assume you could just take the Roy from the demo. Mewtwo, however, has his own moveset, edited from Lucario's.
Quote from: Segtendo on November 23, 2013, 08:03:19 PM
I heard that the Roy slot they have can use Marth hacks, so I assume you could just take the Roy from the demo. Mewtwo, however, has his own moveset, edited from Lucario's.
roy has his own moveset too. the difference between roy and mewtwo's situations is that mewtwo has bone edits and roy does not. mewtwo cant have hacks placed over (unless expertly PSA'd), but roy can.
Quote from: Bad Box Art Gnorc on November 23, 2013, 08:15:46 PM
mewtwo cant have hacks placed over (unless expertly PSA'd)
*Bone edits
Any Lucario model can work on Mewtwo. You just need to add some new bones. As I said a page or two back, I'll make a small tutorial on how to do this.
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 23, 2013, 08:48:49 PM
*Bone edits
Any Lucario model can work on Mewtwo. You just need to add some new bones. As I said a page or two back, I'll make a small tutorial on how to do this.
right, my mistake. misinterpreted what you said before :P
i dont even understand why people would even think they would get a spot in the vault... they are vBrawl characters.
it's like asking for a spot in the vault roster for every PSA... it makes no sense.
mewtwo=lucario
roy=marth
so if you are looking for mewtwo mods, you would go to lucario.
if you are looking for roy mods, you go to marth.
if anything, night cap jiggs needs a spot so people have less trouble modding over her (im just assuming it's a her). that's probably the furthest it should go; and yes I know that people can just post in their descriptions of which one it goes over, but some people just don't read them, resulting in unneeded frustration.
Preview of the Distant Planet stage revamped from SSE Jungle
Project M 3.0 Distant Planet Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2HrCFP7JgQ#ws)
Not bad. Though I feel it just looks like a Battlefield with the platforms in different places and a Pikmin skin slapped onto it. .-. Was there an issue in removing the slippery hill and Bulborb from the original Distant Planet Stage?
And I thought I would never see the day that a PM player uses items. \o0o/
I'm with KJP, at least on the hill. Just make it not slippery. And I'm going to guess non-walkoffable, if that's also an issue with you fellas.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on November 24, 2013, 02:36:35 PM
And I thought I would never see the day that a PM player uses items. \o0o/
Oh if only you knew..........
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 24, 2013, 03:02:22 PM
Oh if only you knew..........
What do you mean by that?
That's like the only video I've seen a PM player use items. o-o
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on November 23, 2013, 08:53:03 PM
i dont even understand why people would even think they would get a spot in the vault... they are vBrawl characters.
it's like asking for a spot in the vault roster for every PSA... it makes no sense.
mewtwo=lucario
roy=marth
so if you are looking for mewtwo mods, you would go to lucario.
if you are looking for roy mods, you go to marth.
Mewtwo has different bones then Lucario
Yeah, that was a weird PM video, I've never seen items in one before, haha.
The stage looks nice though. I like how some of the background elements are actually modeled and animated. And the rain is still there too, which is cool. And personally, I think the layout is fine just the way it is.
PM was the method I used to not use items in smash anymore. modding had its limitations and some items were held awkwardly, especially by size-modded characters. then came brawl minus, where some final smashed would bork the game.
sorry, getting off topic. more related to the subject, not a bad revamp of the stage. wish the rain segment would last longer.
I'm curious as to how we will be able to put alternative textures from brawl vault on the cloned characters like Roy or Mewtwo? I want the megas (or shiny megas) on my mewtwo. :3
Project M's Mewtwo has it's own custom boneset different from Lucario meaning nothing on Brawl Vault will be compatible period.
Because of this, depending on how popular PM gets, PM Mewtwo will eventually need it's own entry since nothing on the vault currently will work over PM M2.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 25, 2013, 12:01:23 AM
Because of this, depending on how popular PM gets, PM Mewtwo will eventually need it's own entry since nothing on the vault currently will work over PM M2.
Uhm... I
don't think we're going to add new entries on BV for each model with a custom boneset. Unless I'm horribly misunderstanding something, it's a rather common process and I don't really see why PM's Mewtwo would deserve its own section for that?
Nano kinda just said he'd make a tut on how to fit Lucario models to that boneset, so...
Even when ported, the animations will be pretty wacky, since some bone translations are messy.
It'll be best to just re-rig the models onto the model. But the bone edits can be used for those who don't know how to model import.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on November 24, 2013, 02:36:35 PM
Not bad. Though I feel it just looks like a Battlefield with the platforms in different places and a Pikmin skin slapped onto it. .-. Was there an issue in removing the slippery hill and Bulborb from the original Distant Planet Stage?
And I thought I would never see the day that a PM player uses items. \o0o/
I'm curious as to why this complaint is cropping up now when the stage has been gone from the game and replaced by SSE Jungle for almost 2 years. I mean, it's a fair complaint (though one I personally don't really agree with due to 1. the size of the main platform 2. the fact that the main platform has a bottom 3. the lack of a top platform 4. the bouncy leaf platforms) but one that was never really brought up when this stage was SSE Jungle.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on November 24, 2013, 12:07:47 PM
Preview of the Distant Planet stage revamped from SSE Jungle
Project M 3.0 Distant Planet Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2HrCFP7JgQ#ws)
Who's responsible for this beauty? :srs:
Quote from: SwingSet on November 25, 2013, 02:05:48 AM
Who's responsible for this beauty? :srs:
The awesome gentleman named SOJ.
And a little bit of Mewtwo2000 magic.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on November 25, 2013, 01:44:38 AMI'm curious as to why this complaint is cropping up now when the stage has been gone from the game and replaced by SSE Jungle for almost 2 years. I mean, it's a fair complaint (though one I personally don't really agree with due to 1. the size of the main platform 2. the fact that the main platform has a bottom 3. the lack of a top platform 4. the bouncy leaf platforms) but one that was never really brought up when this stage was SSE Jungle.
It's because I'm just kinda starting to get into P:M.
I was hoping SSE Jungle would be transformed aesthetically to fit one of the franchises. I like what you guys did with it. Very nice.
I like the touch with the music, too. That's certainly something the Pikmin stage lacked. I just has Classic and Modern Mushroom Hill over it instead. XD
Wavestah approved~ ¦(
we should also add a new entry in brawlvault for SDoom's bomberman, he uses a custom boneset.
it's funny though.
Will you do something like this for meta crystal or at least for another version of it to give it a more Mario look?
Quote from: silver856 on November 25, 2013, 09:25:24 PM
Will you do something like this for meta crystal or at least for another version of it to give it a more Mario look?
They probably wont. Its a classic stage
Seems like a reasonable answer. I guess I'll have to make one mehself.
Quote from: silver856 on November 26, 2013, 12:32:02 AM
Seems like a reasonable answer. I guess I'll have to make one mehself.
That would actually be really cool. You should make the theme SM64 or SMRPG
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 25, 2013, 12:01:23 AM
Project M's Mewtwo has it's own custom boneset different from Lucario meaning nothing on Brawl Vault will be compatible period.
Because of this, depending on how popular PM gets, PM Mewtwo will eventually need it's own entry since nothing on the vault currently will work over PM M2.
Idk if that is possible...
But couldn't they release a mewtwo base, FORCE people to credit or not use so people know it's from the same mewtwo, and then have people upload there hacks of the pm mewtwo?
Whatever I want to drop this topic since the Vault needs other things added that won't ever get added(like a NSFW category).
To start a new one, how about that PM Yoshi?
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 26, 2013, 08:15:32 AM
Whatever I want to drop this topic since the Vault needs other things added that won't ever get added(like a NSFW category).
You probably shouldn't rebound on the topic like that if you really want to drop the subject...
You asked about a new section just for PMBR's Mewtwo, I answered that there's no reason custom bonesets should each get their own section, no matter how "messy" their ports would end up being. Not to mention, if the boneset is only really working with the Mewtwo P:M moveset, I doubt all that many people will port models on it. At least not enough to justify a distinct section.
It's not even a matter of "don't have time" or "don't want" like a NSFW category. It's that the whole notion is honestly quite silly. Really, that's about it.
Was wondering the same thing, tbh. So if someone made Mega Mewtwo's for PM-Mewtwo, that would be categorized under Lucario? I guess nothing a simple Search function cannot handle, or a proper description for the model swap. Hope to see some creativity with him and Roy in the future.
I find it funny how we're discussing about adding things to the Vault that just wouldn't exist.
First because it's off-topic.
Second because even if there WERE to be any changes to the Vault, they couldn't happen because there's a lack of this thing called a "coder".
I mean, it doesn't stop you from saying "Vault should have this and that", but it just makes you look much sillier.
I'm personally excited for samus. that Beam changing is gonna leave my opponents with a :nyeh: face fo' sho'!
anyone have ike's files from the 2.6b version of project m? somehow mines got corrupted and trying to redownload from the website has been a pain recently. (it always stops at 29Mb >_>
whats NSFW?
Possibly a silly question, but what is Project M's method of getting the gameplay for the videos on the YouTube channel? (Especially for the turbo videos)
I don't believe that someone's actually playing. (But if someone is, congrats to you.)
Or is the gameplay edited on an emulator?
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on November 27, 2013, 09:27:43 PM
Possibly a silly question, but what is Project M's method of getting the gameplay for the videos on the YouTube channel? (Especially for the turbo videos)
I don't believe that someone's actually playing. (But if someone is, congrats to you.)
Or is the gameplay edited on an emulator?
We save a replay from the Wii, then play/record it using Dolphin.
*subs*
Well, time to read most of the posts... be right back.
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on November 27, 2013, 02:44:38 AM
anyone have ike's files from the 2.6b version of project m? somehow mines got corrupted and trying to redownload from the website has been a pain recently. (it always stops at 29Mb >_>
Here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/39d9yt5z01xi2qe/KYD-1yQhqG (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/39d9yt5z01xi2qe/KYD-1yQhqG)
Link will be removed soon.
Have some Samus gameplay footage.
http://youtu.be/kRY-ZeY8Tjs (http://youtu.be/kRY-ZeY8Tjs)
And some Alt Costume shenanigans
http://youtu.be/ivqcKUH6wbw (http://youtu.be/ivqcKUH6wbw)
I like the new stock icons.
Though I'm gonna miss the character names. :/
i'll never understand how you guys got an info.pac working while running (an altered version of) cBliss.
I have a question about Mewtwo...
How does his Disable move work? Is it like Melee? Or does it have a new mechanic to it?
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on November 28, 2013, 06:20:05 PM
I like the new stock icons.
Though I'm gonna miss the character names. :/
I wont
Loving the new HUD, rather simple while still feeling new.
Also lmao at all the SWDs that Van does, 2 frame input sure as all hell seems to make it easier.
So hyped for this new update.. Mewtwo.. Doc.. Samus.. Melee Fox alt.. HYYYYYPE
Quote from: Bad Box Art Gnorc on November 28, 2013, 06:23:19 PM
i'll never understand how you guys got an info.pac working while running (an altered version of) cBliss.
...are you an idiot or something?
I'm pretty sure P:M has their own alternate costume system. And, y'know, not something created and has been altered all willy-nilly.
If I recall correctly, a PMBR member said that their costume engine is different than cBliss.
Holy cheez-its, Samus has the Boost Ball. :0
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on November 28, 2013, 06:27:17 PM
I have a question about Mewtwo...
How does his Disable move work? Is it like Melee? Or does it have a new mechanic to it?
It's the same as Melee, however it can hit characters facing away from them, and it creates knockback on characters that are in the air.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on November 29, 2013, 12:09:14 AM
If I recall correctly, a PMBR member said that their costume engine is different than cBliss.
This is correct. We can assign team colors to the new slots, which I'm not sure if cBliss can or not.
Quote from: Gravity on November 29, 2013, 01:13:46 AM
Holy cheez-its, Samus has the Boost Ball. :0
I know right? It's so fun to use!
I am so hyped for this cheese! I cant wait to see what more stages will be added besides Peach's Castle. im hopin for a workin brinstar depths in the unpredicted future, but that's just me
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 29, 2013, 01:33:31 AM
This is correct. We can assign team colors to the new slots, which I'm not sure if cBliss can or not.
Not that I know.
with cbliss you can select what slot is what team, but i doubt there is a way to get more than one slot per team.
Samus+BoostBall= WIN
liking samus a lot.
Im most excited for Yoshi, Roy, and Mewtwo
You know, seeing that vid with Ganon reminds me, did anyone else ever notice that Ganon is a bit glitch when he jumps out of water? Not that it's something you have to worry about very much, but I was playing on the Wind Waker stage a few months ago and noticed that you pretty much have to double jump to get out because his first jump is a little messed up for some reason. I meant to mention it a while back and completely forgot... that and I was going to ask for some buffs for him. :P
All of my yes for Samus charging her Charge Shot in midair.
(I spent a weekend once trying to see if that was possible and never did get it to work.)
So I am super thirlled that this is being released soon here, but I have one question: I am using riivolution and just want to be able to replace the costumes of all characters from the current demo with a bunch of melee costumes I found on the vault, yet it doesn't seem to work. Gecko only freezes, riivolution refuses to load said costumes, hell I even used some program to build a custom brawl iso with all the costumes included, sorry if this is the wrong spot but is there a way to do this?
It Kinda is in the wrong thread but did you make sure when you load riivolution you had all the textures activated and that all the file were in the correct folder
I did, but I have made a thread in the help section so If you would like to reply there so we don't take this thread off topic I'd appreciate it, I guess I just came here first because it was the main project M area.
http://imgur.com/a/B8jR6 (http://imgur.com/a/B8jR6)
(http://i.imgur.com/ttMSpzS.jpg)
I never realized how amazing the alternate Melee Fox looked.
4 more days! (:
Eh, I'm still not a fan of the updated Melee Fox. It looks nice, but it's definitely not my favorite alt.
That pic looks like it was made in Photoshop. lol
Would you guys please do a changelog of stages too... cuz I'm pretty sure the Castlevania from 2.5 is not the same as 2.6. Witch I found that out yesterday. Meaning, I have to update my stages.
Don't worry there will be a changelog with will include stage information which will be available much sooner than last time.
Keep in mind that all stages will still have to be updated to be PM compatible because of not only STPM changes but other misc. changes as well.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 05, 2013, 10:35:38 PM
Don't worry there will be a changelog with will include stage information which will be available much sooner than last time.
Keep in mind that all stages will still have to be updated to be PM compatible because of not only STPM changes but other misc. changes as well.
Thanks for the reply, I will keep these stuff in mind for your future updates :)
due to all of the DDos attacks lately, would it be possible to post mirror links on youtube? I ask this in case some things occurs, leading to a delay for PM3.0. we cant have something as significant as this be delayed. after all, this occurrence happened on more than just the vault.
Project M's site has DDoS Protection, or did you not notice?
I know, but it was down while the vault was down as well. just got me concerned.
It wasnt down for me, but I have Chrome
It was down for me for a slight moment... then it worked perfectly.
After playing Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for the first time, I just realized that the brstm used for the Skyloft stage isn't actually the Skyloft theme... or the Sky Theme...
But it works, I guess.
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 07, 2013, 10:47:04 PM
After playing Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for the first time, I just realized that the brstm used for the Skyloft stage isn't actually the Skyloft theme... or the Sky Theme...
But it works, I guess.
I think it's the song from the trailer of Skyward Sword...
Quote from: Akeno-san on December 07, 2013, 11:31:12 PM
I think it's the song from the trailer of Skyward Sword...
Nope. It's "Hyrule Field Theme".
One of the default Bridge of Eldin songs.
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 07, 2013, 11:38:31 PM
Nope. It's "Hyrule Field Theme".
Indeed... but it fits though.
Quote from: Scout on December 08, 2013, 12:05:00 AM
Indeed... but it fits though.
I dont think it does. Thats why I changed it back to what it used to be. The Trailer theme
tomorrow's the release, right?
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 08, 2013, 10:58:33 AM
tomorrow's the release, right?
Yes... Looking forward for it!
so, summing up, 3.0 has all ssbb's cast in it finally, yes? (plus mewtwo and roy)
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 08, 2013, 11:50:34 AM
so, summing up, 3.0 has all ssbb's cast in it finally, yes? (plus mewtwo and roy)
Yup!
Another question:
Is there an exact time Project M 3.0 will be released? At midnight (depending on where you live) or some time in the morning? Or just whenever y'all feel like it. ;P
will the codeset finally be released? i personally love the gameplay for PM, but some of the gameplay annoys me. like the no grabbing ledges in reverse, "butterfingers", etc it would be nice to be able to remove some stuff.
The codeset isn't getting released until the final version, and even that's an uncertainty and subject to change.
3.0 is not the end, it's not the beginning of the end, it's perhaps the end of the beginning.
Post Merge: December 08, 2013, 05:50:49 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/HymPvVV.jpg)
Meet Pirate Wolf, courtesy of jiang.
Also, more character pages are coming up.
http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/samus (http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/samus)
It looks awesome. (http://tdudrivetime.com/images/smilies/sSc_eek.gif)
Damn you guys...
holy jesus oh my [censored]ing what what is this sex
Wow. That render looks like a drawing of some sort. o-o
Are you using 3DS Max + Photoshop/Gimp to do the fancy renders?
All of my yes good sirs.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 08, 2013, 07:37:17 PM
Wow. That render looks like a drawing of some sort. o-o
Are you using 3DS Max + Photoshop/Gimp to do the fancy renders?
We use Marmoset Toolbag to render it up.
Jiang, the one who made most of the model, then painted over it.
:patrick: Star Fox 2 eh?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Nice. Very nice.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 08, 2013, 08:21:58 PM
:patrick: Star Fox 2 eh?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Nice. Very nice.
Damn that's pretty obscure but fusing that with his Star Fox 64 design looks amazing, much better then just giving him and eyepatch and caling it a day.
Glad I've been playing around with Wolf a lot more as I'm digging this alt a whole lot.
YES! Was hoping you all would make an eyepatch'd Wolf, but didn't think you'd actually go through with it... He looks amazing :)
Falco's alt maybe? ;D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 08, 2013, 04:18:28 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
(http://i.imgur.com/8lKhhTw.png)
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 08, 2013, 04:18:28 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
This brings back so many memories. From "Can't let you do that, Star Fox." to "You're good, but I'm better!". This is amazing to see, and I can't wait to see more!
Now only if there was a Wario Land I Wario. (The one with the Safari hat or something.)
A personal little thank you video from me :>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQB8xnKXRA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQB8xnKXRA)
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 08, 2013, 04:18:28 PM
The codeset isn't getting released until the final version, and even that's an uncertainty and subject to change.
3.0 is not the end, it's not the beginning of the end, it's perhaps the end of the beginning.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Meet Pirate Wolf, courtesy of jiang.
Also, more character pages are coming up.
http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/samus (http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/samus)
thats too bad i have a lot cosmetics and other stuff we use locally, its difficult to tell if something is already in the codeset or not without a text file, and often get clashes of code because of it. i'll definitely be looking forward to trying it out, but we will probably end up waiting for the full release and stick with our codeset for now. also love the wolf alternative <3 looking forward to what else is revealed.
dat render looks so borderland-ish... xD
loving it massively
Pirate Wolf?
Interesting...
You know how when you unlock a new character for the first time in Brawl, there's a text over the character saying "NEW!".
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It's definitely too late to add this in now, but it would be cool if the "NEW!" text were over the newly released characters of 3.0. ;P
Oh well.
PROJECT 3.0 HYPE TOMMOROW.........
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It is now Monday. And the hype grows stronger. As usual getting errors from most of the other big SSB sites... Hoping all goes smoothly for the projected release, will be keeping tabs on here and FB :)
lol come on guys release please!
I can't get on smashboards or project M's website...
3.0 TODAY!
Can't wait :D
Roy, Turbo mode, alt costumes and any other surprises and my schools marking period just ended/started so no work to catch up on :)
Project M 3.0 all day!!!
Are you guys paying attention to our Twitter account? ;)
LOVING Wolf and DKs alternate costumes! They look amazing. Good job guys.
Can't wait to try it once it's released. (which might end up tomorrow for me, them timezones and shiz)
DK's gloves seem to clip a lot though... :/
I have no idea what the nya is going on with that DK costume. oô
Also hey more DDoS'd servers. If SmashBoards and the site remain down for too long, where do you guys intend to release the pack?
That's a good question. If the website is offline still even after the webmaster returns to fix the PM site, then the DL will likely have to wait until the site returns, whenever that may be.
Be sure to check the PM twitter for updates on this when it happens.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbCA2JwCcAAlB7k.png:large)
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbCO41gCEAENU8Z.png:large)
These are from the PM twitter.
Might wanna release on Reddit ane be done with it. I want them to try and DDoS you there.
wow these DDoSholes really are persistent......
also
Quote from: Albafika on December 09, 2013, 02:54:30 PM
Might wanna release on Reddit ane be done with it. I want them to try and DDoS you there.
this. a million times this :happy:
But...
i dun use twitter
Quote from: Albafika on December 09, 2013, 02:54:30 PM
Might wanna release on Reddit ane be done with it. I want them to try and DDoS you there.
osnap
-.-
Don't need a twitter to check it seg, https://twitter.com/ProjectMelee
So hyped for this, can't wait to try it. Released on my birthday, no less.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbBlKvCCIAAhBu6.png:large)
So the PMBR couldn't get his Shadow Ball to work on Kirby? o-o
Or does Kirby adopt all of an inhaled character's Specials? o-o
Quote from: Albafika on December 09, 2013, 02:54:30 PM
Might wanna release on Reddit ane be done with it. I want them to try and DDoS you there.
What about here? I'm sure KC-MM would easily withstand any sort of assault, too. :laugh:
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 09, 2013, 03:46:01 PM
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbBlKvCCIAAhBu6.png:large)
So the PMBR couldn't get his Shadow Ball to work on Kirby? o-o
Or does Kirby adopt all of an inhaled character's Specials? o-o
We had trouble getting articles to work for M2 and Roy hats, we we had to take that route.
It's also why Roy Hat uses Kirby's scythe.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 09, 2013, 03:46:01 PM
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbBlKvCCIAAhBu6.png:large)
So the PMBR couldn't get his Shadow Ball to work on Kirby? o-o
Or does Kirby adopt all of an inhaled character's Specials? o-o
I could be wrong, but based on that 'ground shock wave', it looks to me like he's either about to start charging it or he just released it.
EDIT: Ah. It appears I was indeed wrong.
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 09, 2013, 03:55:19 PM
We had trouble getting articles to work for M2 and Roy hats, we we had to take that route.
Kinda surprising, to be honest, but I'm sure you guys'll get it eventually.
Also, I love the Pika pirate hat, heheh. Shame about the DDos, but I guess it was to be expected, in a way.
This wasn't an intentional DDoS, was it?
What exactly is a DDoS
https://twitter.com/ProjectMelee/status/410094819466153986
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbDzEK7CAAA9cOm.png)
Lucas and Ness alt costumes.
If only Nintendo were so cool to do this. Ness is rockin those pj's.
i lol'd at ness
Quote from: dRage on December 09, 2013, 05:20:01 PMhttps://twitter.com/ProjectMelee/status/410094819466153986 (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbDzEK7CAAA9cOm.png) Lucas and Ness alt costumes.
All of my yes!!!
You guys see wired's article? http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/12/project-m-super-smash-bros-mod/ (http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/12/project-m-super-smash-bros-mod/)
QuoteArcher says that after 3.0 there will likely be only one more major release with a few more tweaks before his team considers the project finished for good. It might add even more Nintendo characters to the mix, he says. "If we come up with any good ideas for the remaining unused character slots we will probably be filling at least a few of those up as well."
Is this news? I didn't realize they were planning on retiring it
That Ness looks cool! And the website is back up! Im so hyped
any hint to how long the release will take?
im kinda bored, and am waiting for 3.0 :D
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 09, 2013, 05:47:17 PM
any hint to how long the release will take?
im kinda bored, and am waiting for 3.0 :D
I'm hearing late tonight, very late tonight. May carry over into tomorrow.
Quote from: ??_? on December 09, 2013, 05:37:46 PM
You guys see wired's article?
Is this news? I didn't realize they were planning on retiring it
Did you expect them to continue editing this game forever? :P Goodness.
what is late to you?
what time zone are they basing it on? :(
it's 19:00 here atm...(europe)
Quote from: Register on December 09, 2013, 05:58:06 PM
Did you expect them to continue editing this game forever? :P Goodness.
Of course not, but why plan on stopping? There will always be stuff to improve on and content to add.
Ness has dat BedHair.
Anyway, when it comes up is completely dependent on when we can recover from the DDos attacks and the like, so you should probably do something else while you wait for the Mirrors to materialize and such.
Gonna be a boring day if thats really how late it comes out. I expected it to be out by the time I woke up, but now I think it will be out around 2:00 (MST) and I habve a reason for that
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1469837_10152042235637866_1439835574_n.jpg)
Totally relevant.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 09, 2013, 06:22:10 PM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1469837_10152042235637866_1439835574_n.jpg)
Totally relevant.
correction, only relevant on Mondays, which just happens to be today
Quote from: Bad Box Art Gnorc on December 09, 2013, 06:36:19 PM
correction, only relevant on Mondays, which just happens to be today
which is also PM day.
so it's totally relevant.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbETa64IYAEdAAn.png:large)
Oy, reading all those tweets is giving me a headache
"OH EM GEE WHERE IS ME PROJECT M F5F5F5F5F5F5"
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 09, 2013, 07:56:09 PM
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbETa64IYAEdAAn.png:large)
Fire Peach is pretty nifty, tho.
My hearth.... can't... nyeeeeehhhhh....
Project M...I've heard about it a long time ago. I've never really been apart of the whole shebang. I guess it must be a big deal since most of this community is orgasming right now over it. I don't see why, I'll give it a try when it comes out.
so... al these pictures on twitter are just time-gainers because they can't solve the web issues?
cuz i doubt they'd be working on it until the latest minutes before release...
Quote from: Gravity on December 09, 2013, 07:57:45 PM
Oy, reading all those tweets is giving me a headache
"OH EM GEE WHERE IS ME PROJECT M F5F5F5F5F5F5"
Fire Peach is pretty nifty, tho.
Agreed. Everyone that's complaining needs to clam their tits. I'm just as anxious, but that just makes it that much more exciting when we finally get to play it.
...My SD card is ready though...
Just when I was hyping it all up.
I just use these pics as a way to get likes on my facebook comments of the said pics. it's a dirty way of doing such a deed, but it passes time and keeps my balls "clam"
Peach has two different alts?
Just saw this: "Now im just mad because all you guys do is show pictures and never release 3.0. JUST PUT IT OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Wow. Seriously? Almost sounds like my sister basically telling my parents 'You only give me tons of money and let me do whatever I want, whenever I want. You never let me do anything!' which happens ALL the time an-- *hears yelling and arguing in the background* speak of the devil...
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 09, 2013, 08:19:51 PM
Peach has two different alts?
Kinda. Fire Peach was originally just an extra recolor... But we decide at the last minute to add the ponytail.
We also wanted to make her look more different because she looked too similar to the white Peach.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 09, 2013, 08:21:19 PM
Just saw this: "Now im just mad because all you guys do is show pictures and never release 3.0. JUST PUT IT OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Wow. Seriously? Almost sounds like my sister basically telling my parents 'You only give me tons of money and let me do whatever I want, whenever I want. You never let me do anything!' which happens ALL the time an-- *hears yelling and arguing in the background* speak of the devil...
I thought I was the only one with such a sister. then again she's been taking therapy and she's not as... wait I'm getting off subject. for people who are waiting and cant stop refreshing the site, the best solution would be to replay adventure mode to pass time. even on easy, by the time you're halfway thru it, 3.0 will be ready. moral of the story: do something and stop staring at the dark blue screen, hoping for something to happen.
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 09, 2013, 08:09:38 PM
so... al these pictures on twitter are just time-gainers because they can't solve the web issues?
cuz i doubt they'd be working on it until the latest minutes before release...
Looks like it. I mean, what better way to hype a release up without having to give the actual download?
LMAO
https://twitter.com/JRDaGingaNinja/status/409862862266318849/photo/1/large
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 09, 2013, 08:32:18 PM
LMAO
https://twitter.com/JRDaGingaNinja/status/409862862266318849/photo/1/large
Look at that wrist strap
It ain't containing [censored]
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 09, 2013, 08:25:52 PM
Kinda. Fire Peach was originally just an extra recolor... But we decide at the last minute to add the ponytail.
We also wanted to make her look more different because she looked too similar to the white Peach.
Oh yeah. I'll probably play that skin more than Shadow Peach or whatever
my cousin hit himself in the eye because of the wrist wrap...
#totallyrelevant
Melee Falco confirmed. Badass!
...but prepare for more 'OMG staahp hypin WTF wers tha dl!'
This is awesome
(https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1460297_631581666895043_1352798219_n.png)
Now I totally want Melee Ganondorf. :/
..like this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31134 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31134)
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 09, 2013, 08:45:02 PM
This is awesome
(https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1460297_631581666895043_1352798219_n.png)
Maybe it's just me, but it almost looks like he's got a little SF64 3D in him as well.
Quote from: Abbi on December 09, 2013, 08:46:41 PM
Now I totally want Melee Ganondorf. :/
..like this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31134 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31134)
OMG me too. Ganon main right here.
I'm pretty sure Melee Ganon will be Ganon's alt
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 09, 2013, 08:48:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Melee Ganon will be Ganon's alt
If that is the case, I would have to say (Ganon voice) BOOYAH!
Ganon main, Mario/Wolf secondary. 2/3 of my characters have an alt, really hoping Ganon is getting it in this update too.
So uhh.... in Brawl and previous PM revisions, if there's a human in the match there's a protocol in the game code that forces the CPU to be targetting them at all times over the default way of selecting a target, no matter what the rules say. This is no longer the case in PM 3.0.
Just a bomb shell I wanted to drop that would get lost in the hype train.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 09, 2013, 08:53:58 PM
So uhh.... in Brawl and previous PM revisions, if there's a human in the match it forces the CPU to be targetting them at all times over the default way of selecting a target, no matter what the rules say. This is no longer the case in PM 3.0.
Just a bomb shell I wanted to drop that would get lost in the hype train.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 09, 2013, 08:53:58 PM
So uhh.... in Brawl and previous PM revisions, if there's a human in the match there's a protocol in the game code that forces the CPU to be targetting them at all times over the default way of selecting a target, no matter what the rules say. This is no longer the case in PM 3.0.
Just a bomb shell I wanted to drop that would get lost in the hype train.
Great ^^ it was so unfair
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 09, 2013, 08:53:58 PM
So uhh.... in Brawl and previous PM revisions, if there's a human in the match there's a protocol in the game code that forces the CPU to be targetting them at all times over the default way of selecting a target, no matter what the rules say. This is no longer the case in PM 3.0.
Just a bomb shell I wanted to drop that would get lost in the hype train.
Is that good or bad?
it means it's easier to back-off and let the CPUs kill eachother to fight the survivor who has 1 stock left while you are with all your stocks and 0% damage... xD
but yeah, it is a good thing tbh
Okay, Just making sure, cause it sounded kind of game killing, but now I understand thanks
Some idiot has started saying that Nintendo sent a letter to cancel the release. *facepalm*
finally I will not be the center of attention in me vs CPU matches
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 09, 2013, 09:10:17 PM
Some idiot has started saying that Nintendo sent a letter to cancel the release. *facepalm*
oh the fool and his foolish foolishness
Thats stupid. This is a long wait though. I wont be mad as long as it comes out today
(http://i.minus.com/ieEgQ2Ra8fWLo.gif)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 09, 2013, 09:10:17 PM
Some idiot has started saying that Nintendo sent a letter to cancel the release. *facepalm*
Source?
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on December 09, 2013, 09:17:07 PM
Source?
It was just a random tweet that I can't find now, but some people would probably believe it if they saw it regardless, so just mentioning it.
Also, IGN just randomly posted the trailer on their channel.
Quote from: Abbi on December 09, 2013, 09:16:09 PM
(http://i.minus.com/ieEgQ2Ra8fWLo.gif)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
it's time to turbo some ass and chew bubblegum, and im all outa gum
Just a heads up that the item version last as long as the curry item did but if you get hit it'll expire, so don't get hit when you get the Turbo item.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 09, 2013, 09:10:17 PM
Some idiot has started saying that Nintendo sent a letter to cancel the release. *facepalm*
This is completely false.
(http://i.imgur.com/oxyAMkm.png)
seems legit.
but what's up with the borderlands styled renders?
Melee Falco I can live with.
Though Assault Falco would be nice... :1
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 09, 2013, 09:29:01 PM
seems legit.
but what's up with the borderlands styled renders?
As much as I despise GearBox, these renders look great.
These renders are killing me.. so sexy. Melee Falco, Pirate Wolf and both Mewtwo renders are my favorites so far.
Nice to see a render of it
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 09, 2013, 09:29:01 PM
seems legit.
but what's up with the borderlands styled renders?
jiang, one of our artists, has that type of style. He touched up Pirate Wolf and Melee Falco. The rendering program we have is good, but not the best for the low-poly models that we use.
Quote from: Gravity on December 09, 2013, 09:30:01 PM
Melee Falco I can live with.
Though Assault Falco would be nice... :1
But... You made that one yourself didn't you, or collabed it at least? Pretty sure I have it.
Does Sonic have an alt yet?
I think this would be a great Sonic alt
Sonic Generations Mod Release: Legacy Sonic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-sxnb9pvI#ws)
So did the PMBR manage to give Dry Bowser blue effects for his fire attacks?
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 09, 2013, 09:33:50 PM
But... You made that one yourself didn't you, or collabed it at least? I have it.
... Oh yeah. Heheh.
But I mean, I'd like the design to be an official part of P:M or something like that. The one I collabed with requires a size mod, and I'm not terribly crazy about that. A sexy render to go with it wouldn't hurt either.
They could probably implement it better, is what I'm getting at.
Where did you get that GIF of Mario and the turbo item
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 09, 2013, 09:35:40 PM
So did the PMBR manage to give Dry Bowser blue effects for his fire attacks?
I pushed for it, but our coders didn't have time.
Since Bowser's flame is an article, its a lot more complicated to change than something simple like GFX for Dark and Fire Peach.
We'll maybe get it in for a future update. No promises though.
I will bug the hell outta the coders until they have time to implement it :V
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 09, 2013, 09:38:46 PM
Where did you get that GIF of Mario and the turbo item
Was just lurking around in this chat, somebody ended up posting it.
http://smashmods.com/forum/page/pmchat.html (http://smashmods.com/forum/page/pmchat.html)
Quote from: Gravity on December 09, 2013, 09:37:00 PM
... Oh yeah. Heheh.
But I mean, I'd like the design to be an official part of P:M or something like that. The one I collabed with requires a size mod, and I'm not terribly crazy about that. A sexy render to go with it wouldn't hurt either.
They could probably implement it better, is what I'm getting at.
Gotcha. Yeah. That would be pretty awesome. Funny you mention the size mod. I started working on a machinima project about a year and a half ago (still haven't gotten around to finishing it, maybe someday :P) and I couldn't get over how huge Falco was without the size mod since I was creating my own animations which screwed everything up. Fortunately it didn't really matter because I was green screening every single thing anyway so I could edit his size later, but it was funny how much bigger he was than most other characters. Same with Krystal over ZSS.
Ok thanks
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 09, 2013, 09:40:29 PM
I pushed for it, but our coders didn't have time.
Since Bowser's flame is an article, its a lot more complicated to change than something simple like GFX for Dark and Fire Peach.
We'll maybe get it in for a future update. No promises though.
Darn.
Well which alts will get fancy effects, other than the ones shown?
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 09, 2013, 09:35:20 PMDoes Sonic have an alt yet? I think this would be a great Sonic alt Sonic Generations Mod Release: Legacy Sonic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-sxnb9pvI#ws)
Or we could have a Riders Sonic alt.
I think Classic Sonic is the best choice for an alt
but classic sonic would alter his size, and thus not be "competetively viable".
so, when do we get the goku reveal?
I agree Classic sonic could also work
But screw riders sonic, yeah he has cool goggles but......
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_LWfRD0-4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_LWfRD0-4)
Mewtwo2000 is awesome.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbE1qcEIIAEWOMF.png)
dat purple team-ish...
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 09, 2013, 10:01:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_LWfRD0-4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_LWfRD0-4)
Mewtwo2000 is awesome.
Indeed
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 09, 2013, 09:48:17 PM
Darn.
Well which alts will get fancy effects, other than the ones shown?
Theres one other alt, but we haven't shown it yet.
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 09, 2013, 09:57:21 PM
I think Classic Sonic is the best choice for an alt
Nah, the size and hurtbox differences wouldnt work
Oh, and I'm guessing the alt is Diddy's, Ganon's, Sonic's, or Pit's
Hmmmmmm
How about Darkspine Sonic? (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Darkspine_Sonic)
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 09, 2013, 10:21:50 PM
Hmmmmmm
How about Darkspine Sonic? (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Darkspine_Sonic)
or Exaclibur
or Dark Sonic
or Riders sonic
or Werehog Sonic
That would actually be pretty cool. With fire flags on his attacks too
Blood Falcon with a red electric Falcon Punch! ...No? Damn. :P
This is soooo boring. But I think they are making progress because they havent posted anything to Facebook for a while which means they're busy
or they forgot :P
Idk, I thik\nk it will be out soon maybe. They will probably announce that last alt with the release so I think they're working hard
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 09, 2013, 10:46:23 PM
or they forgot :P
Oh [censored], we're suppose to release 3.0 today?
Whoops...
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 09, 2013, 10:49:05 PM
Oh [censored], we're suppose to be release with 3.0 today?
Whoops...
(http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Kelso-Says-Burn-That-70s-Show.gif)
Unless it's just waiting for the T-shirts to finish selling. Once the DL link is dropped, people will be more busy playing the mod than buying the shirts. :P
Thus, I make the prediction that it won't be released until the next 3 hours have passed.
Edit: Oh dear, the random reaction images are already there?
I'm anxious to play, but I'm just downloading BRSTMs to use once I get it... even though I have finals this week and should probably be studying. :P
Quote from: Miacis on December 09, 2013, 10:53:58 PM
Unless it's just waiting for the T-shirts to finish selling. Once the DL link is dropped, people will be more busy playing the mod than buying the shirts. :P
Thus, I make the prediction that it won't be released until the next 3 hours have passed.
Edit: Oh dear, the random reaction image spam is already there?
Your probably right.
Post Merge: December 09, 2013, 11:01:55 PM
Update: They just posted about the T-Shirts. Are they just waiting to release it after the T Shirts are done selling or 3 hours has passed
i think they shouldn't try to make money out of a copyrighted game's mod...
might just be me though...
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 09, 2013, 11:11:23 PM
i think they shouldn't try to make money out of a copyrighted game's mod...
might just be me though...
^This
I agree and this wait has gotten ridiculous
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 09, 2013, 11:11:23 PM
i think they shouldn't try to make money out of a copyrighted game's mod...
might just be me though...
Technically they aren't. They aren't selling any content that Nintendo owns. Nintendo doesn't own the name 'Project M'. They probably could if they wanted to, but they're only selling a name that Nintendo doesn't have any rights to currently. Besides, they probably aren't making a ton off the shirts and stuff anyway. Take it from someone who covers VG music and puts some of it on music stores, which I won't deny, I probably shouldn't be doing even though they probably aren't that concerned with it unless I were making millions of dollars, but I put a lot of work into it and so many people do way worse than what I do. I've even seen 'remixes' on iTunes that just sound like someone plugged in a headphone jack, pressed record, and uploaded some mp3s that people WILL buy since it's 100% the original version. Now THAT's illegal right there, but they still get away with it.
it's the 10th here...
just give em time, guys. sure it isn't released yet, but it's a shorter wait period than that of ssb4. shorter than DKC:TF. shorter than... well you get the picture. at least they have only one thing to work on. official game companies work on multiple things at once. be glad this is a much shorter wait for a free download.
Geesh, you guys.
Don't you remember when v2.6b came out?
It came out at around Midnight. So don't expect 3.0 to come within this hour.
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 09, 2013, 11:25:37 PM
I agree and this wait has gotten ridiculous
Yeah, how dare they keep us waiting for this long? We are entitled to have it immediately because of all of the money we payed and work we put in.
2.6 wasnt as Hype though
(http://i.imgur.com/7sv2XF1.png)
Courtesy of team Naffle
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 10, 2013, 12:05:53 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/7sv2XF1.png)
tis manliiness in red butterfly armor
I was kind of hoping for an alt for a different character, but this is still good
Old concept artwork of Meta Knight as an alt? Now THAT is obscure!
(http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120904211852/kirby/en/images/8/8e/Tumblr_m7xuylJqjO1ra4czto1_500.jpg)
Too bad they didn't make the eyes white, but it still looks really great.
It's like my hack request (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32150) was way past my expectations. :patrick:
Holy crap you guys... that model looks AMAZING!
Although I can pick out two flaws (no colorful sword or white eyes), but I don't care because of how great it looks. I'm honestly not a fan of Meta Knight in Project M, but I'm a huge fan of the character in general. I wish the concept art was his original design. (my opinion)
Making another ETA Prediction: 40-60 minutes left
my hearth can't take it anymore...
Quote from: Scout on December 10, 2013, 12:30:50 AM
my heath can't take it anymore...
Why, all your shrubs are dying? ahaha
ehh
Kind of glad they didn't go for the easy way out and make a Galacta Knight alt, already quite a few of those. Love seeing concept art for existing characters, so going to enjoy playing as Butterfree Knight.
Quote from: Register on December 10, 2013, 12:39:03 AM
Why, all your shrubs are dying? ahaha
ehh
...
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 10, 2013, 12:44:54 AM
I giggled.
...
I see, oh well I guess I can wait till tomorrow. I won't be part of the hungry people for now.
Quote from: Miacis on December 09, 2013, 10:53:58 PM
Unless it's just waiting for the T-shirts to finish selling. Once the DL link is dropped, people will be more busy playing the mod than buying the shirts. :P
Thus, I make the prediction that it won't be released until the next 3 hours have passed.
Edit: Oh dear, the random reaction images are already there?
Hopefully whatever profit is earned is put to good use.
While Galacta Knight would've been cool, that's more a meh for me.
Quote from: Alm5252 on December 10, 2013, 01:01:50 AM
Does anybody plan on importing Dr. Mario (Melee) to use over the Brawl Dr. Mario in Project M?
I could understand regular Mario, he always looks so angry. Guy needs to stop being so salty and enjoy Smashing. But what's wrong with PM Doc? He's sporting that fancy tie!
They extended the timer and there are almost 1000 t shirts sold, so if that was what we're waiting on then...
Edit: Over 1000 t shirts sold
Post Merge: December 10, 2013, 01:09:56 AM
Quote from: Alm5252 on December 10, 2013, 01:08:17 AM
I like him, I do, but I just want it to be "complete" if you will.
I change all of my skins to Melee skins on P:M. I dont know if I still will with some characters in 3.0, but I cant stand to look at the ugly brawl designs
How do you do the melee skins? Everything I try either doesn't work or meets with the buzz-of-death.
Quote from: LoganK93 on December 10, 2013, 01:13:28 AM
How do you do the melee skins? Everything I try either doesn't work or meets with the buzz-of-death.
Make sure your placing them correctly, and when it comes to P:M always use Gecko. I usually use Riivo, but it cant handle P:M very well, so I use Gecko for P:M
Alright. I modeled the Boxer DK (Pik textured him...) and the pic on Twitter didn't really show him off well.
So enjoy these.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
When I use Gecko the SSS gets all scrambled and it freezes on loading a stage. The only thing I can think is that I have been using the same SD card for like 5 years, but it's the only 2 gig I have. :/ And I haven't had any problems using riivo except for that I can't seem to replace costumes because the xml doesn't support it.
Thats awesome, I never saw the band aid on his head
Post Merge: December 10, 2013, 01:26:11 AM
Hey Nanobuds do you think it will be out before 8 MST
ITS OUT!
OFFICIALLY RELEASED: The Link is on their page https://www.facebook.com/ProjectMelee (https://www.facebook.com/ProjectMelee)
Let it begin.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r4nca2sv6fcqx/3.0%20Mirror%20%5BOff-Site%5D (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r4nca2sv6fcqx/3.0%20Mirror%20%5BOff-Site%5D)
PLEASE READ THIS:
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-3-0-released-changelog-in-post.343401/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/project-3-0-released-changelog-in-post.343401/)
The alt costume section has some VERY important info that you guys need to know.
I like how a bandage and a black eye was added to him.
HA. GOODBYE HOMEWORK. HELLO PROJECT M 3.0
It's happening
Also apparently no more support for Riivo. Huh.
yessssss. now i can look into the rels and stuff!
and can have a PM tournament at my school tomorrow! :D
Really upset about the no more Riivo support... any time I tried gecko I was met with nothing but freezes in the past.
Quote from: LoganK93 on December 10, 2013, 01:42:46 AM
Really upset about the no more Riivo support... any time I tried gecko I was met with nothing but freezes in the past.
Then you were probably doing something wrong. Gecko won't cause any problems for Project M.
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 10, 2013, 01:41:42 AM
yessssss. now i can look into the rels and stuff!
and can have a PM tournament at my school tomorrow! :D
You play that in school? Lucky.
Well I never had a problem with gecko in the past. Is it still confined to having to use a 2GB SD card with Gecko or is there a way I can work around that restriction? I only ask because I have various SD cards all 4GB or above (only have them because they came with various devices I have purchased) but the only 2 Gig I have is EXTREMELY old and maybe that's my problem?
It's very interesting to see that Mewtwo and Roy have their own "FitMewtwo" and "FitRoy" file names.
Ahh, the lack of Riivolution might be a problem. Tried the Gecko method in the past but it wouldn't work for me either, even though Gecko works just fine for other games... Probably was doing something stupid on my end, guess I'll find out in about an hour. I seriously cannot wait to try this update.
Crowned Jiggs makes a comeback. Awwww shiet.
Just a couple more minutes left to download. Can't wait to play it!
I can't wait to play this! Too bad it doesn't have Riivolution Support though. Time to dig up Gecko from the grave.
Just so you know we don't use the private directory anymore. we use the projectm/pf folder instead.
Why is there a caution sign over some characters' portraits?
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 10, 2013, 02:19:47 AM
Why is there a caution sign over some characters' portraits?
There's a changelog floating around... Basically, if you use those costumes in 3~4 player matches, it can cause some noticeable lag. They'll fix this up in the future, but for now there's not much they can do. I think it was caused by the model importer they use.
And by "model importer they use," I presume they mean the default BrawlBox importer, which does not support tristripping or whatever. They mentioned they were working on a fix, so hopefully one of the P:M members will pick up where BJ left off and add tristripping to the BBox importer, or at least something along those lines.
A fix should be coming in the near future. We didn't want to miss the release over a relatively small issue.
A mere 30 seconds until mine finishes downloading! *Fan-Boy Scream*
Is there a way to make Roy and Mewtwo work with this? (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16990).
Every time I choose either and select a stage, it hangs for me.
Do I need to add some lines in BeyondRiivolution.XML to make it work?
Although Riivo is no longer officially supported, you can get it to work with Riivo, but it WILL require quite a bit of extra work and XML editing.
Also Gravity is the winner in explaining the Caution signs and why they are there.
My body has never been more ready.
Though I noticed the CSPs have been severely lowered in quality.
I assume it was due to file space issues?
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 10, 2013, 02:55:21 AM
Also Gravity is the winner in explaining the Caution signs and why they are there.
Booyah.
Also, I think concept art Meta Knight's sword isn't set to the proper visibility bone, he has it in his hand when he's in his Lose animation. Not really a bug, but well there ya go.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 10, 2013, 03:00:27 AM
My body has never been more ready.
Though I noticed the CSPs have been severely lowered in quality.
I assume it was due to file space issues?
Correct; since we had to make room for Clones and Alts
Quote from: Gravity on December 10, 2013, 03:02:12 AM
Booyah.
Also, I think concept art Meta Knight's sword isn't set to the proper visibility bone, he has it in his hand when he's in his Lose animation. Not really a bug, but well there ya go.
That's my fault then. I didn't eve know that MK used a visibility bone for his sword... I never remembered him not having one during the lose animation >.>
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 10, 2013, 02:55:21 AM
Although Riivo is no longer officially supported, you can get it to work with Riivo, but it WILL require quite a bit of extra work and XML editing.
I would almost~ try this method, as Riivolution is compatible with my SD Card. The one thing that puzzles me is how I'd assign the new costumes, Roy, and Mewtwo to any on-disc files or folders. I figure I just cannot name non-existent directories after them and expect it to work.
hey Nanobud, 2 questions:
1) Would PM3.0 Dry Bowser work in other hacks?
2) Would PM3.0 Dr. Mario work in other hacks? (forgot about added sound effects and custom model replacement)
All the alts will work with other hacks. Even Roy's model works on Marth.
However Mewtwo won't work on anyone.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 10, 2013, 03:00:27 AM
My body has never been more ready.
Though I noticed the CSPs have been severely lowered in quality.
I assume it was due to file space issues?
Yes memory limits are a cruel mistress.
Well, I must say, Samus and Roy are hella fun to play. Mewtwo is pretty fun too, I just was never very good with him in the first place. It's been a while since I played Project M at all, so it felt brand new again. He's not my favorite to begin with, but Yoshi seems much better as well. I actually think I could get used to this version of Samus. I've tried to get good with her in Melee for years, but being a Ganondorf main, I just could never get used to her floatyness, but I feel a little more in control with her this way and I really like the dodge being changed to something faster. The Ice Beam attacks also really feel strong with less damage and more knockback to counter the flamethrower (Plasma Beam I guess) being the complete opposite. I don't know what to think about Turbo Mode yet. I almost got beaten by a level 5 just trying to figure out how it all works, but I definitely want to try it again as well. I shall be playing a lot more of this once I get through my finals this week and maybe there will be a tournament at MAGFest next month that I can sign up for. :D
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 10, 2013, 02:55:21 AM
Although Riivo is no longer officially supported, you can get it to work with Riivo, but it WILL require quite a bit of extra work and XML editing.
Then I'll wait until someone does that.
I can't really use Gecko because no SD slot in my computer.
Turbo Mode + Meta Knight + Training Room is godly, oh my jesus.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 10, 2013, 03:52:58 AM
Well, I must say, Samus and Roy are hella fun to play. Mewtwo is pretty fun too, I just was never very good with him in the first place. It's been a while since I played Project M at all, so it felt brand new again. He's not my favorite to begin with, but Yoshi seems much better as well. I actually think I could get used to this version of Samus. I've tried to get good with her in Melee for years, but being a Ganondorf main, I just could never get used to her floatyness, but I feel a little more in control with her this way and I really like the dodge being changed to something faster. The Ice Beam attacks also really feel strong with less damage and more knockback to counter the flamethrower (Plasma Beam I guess) being the complete opposite. I don't know what to think about Turbo Mode yet. I almost got beaten by a level 5 just trying to figure out how it all works, but I definitely want to try it again as well. I shall be playing a lot more of this once I get through my finals this week and maybe there will be a tournament at MAGFest next month that I can sign up for. :D
I love what the other developers did with Yoshi. I never liked Yoshi... but in 3.0, I use him all the time now.... I may even make him my main.
Anyone wanna play some wi-fi?
3482-8946-3366
Ok. So heres why I hate gecko. It only boots to the strap loaders, then a black screen. My disc drive flashes briefly, then I have to hard power off.
Quote from: Gravity on December 10, 2013, 02:26:16 AM
And by "model importer they use," I presume they mean the default BrawlBox importer, which does not support tristripping or whatever. They mentioned they were working on a fix, so hopefully one of the P:M members will pick up where BJ left off and add tristripping to the BBox importer, or at least something along those lines.
About that...
Things are definitely...
happening, right now.
Quote from: LoganK93 on December 10, 2013, 04:13:31 AM
Ok. So heres why I hate gecko. It only boots to the strap loaders, then a black screen. My disc drive flashes briefly, then I have to hard power off.
That sounds like a personal problem. You might want to check your codes and other SD card files. Gecko works just fine for me and a lot of other people, so it's probably your fault.
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 10, 2013, 03:38:18 AM
All the alts will work with other hacks. Even Roy's model works on Marth.
However Mewtwo won't work on anyone.
so the dr Mario still throws pills outside of PM?
lol I just beat classic mode with Roy and weird things are happening. I get Mario's trophy at the end and it's playing a scene from Subspace. Now it says congratulations with classic in the top left corner and Ds22 name in the bottom right.
I hope you guys complete this feature someday even though it's a very small issue lol
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 10, 2013, 04:13:59 AM
About that...
Things are definitely... happening, right now.
o snap
Post Merge: December 10, 2013, 04:21:09 AM
Quote from: Bad Box Art Gnorc on December 10, 2013, 04:19:34 AM
so the dr Mario still throws pills outside of PM?
Nope. But the costume still works.
Well it works great for me on any other game, and I am using the 3.0 pack only that I just downloaded. After the white screen where it says projectmgame.com blah blah it very briefly shows the little loading symbol in the bottom right then black screens. Did the same with 2.6. I have had my wii modded for years and this is the only thing that gives me an issue. I've used riivolution, usbloader gx, and more apps than I can remember.
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 10, 2013, 04:20:23 AM
o snap
Post Merge: December 10, 2013, 04:21:09 AM
Nope. But the costume still works.
all I needed to know.
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 10, 2013, 04:13:59 AM
About that...
Things are definitely... happening, right now.
: ()
Omg, i love everything about this
The beautiful alts
The awesome new Roy and Mewtwo
The new improvements to the existing characters
This is truely the greatest thing on the internet
PROJECT M IS AWESOME
Well those were some fun matches. I forgot how fun it was not playing COMs. Heh heh.... I have no friends.
So apparently some file is deleting itself? I have 460 some odd free mbs before I put the sd card in my wii. I put it in. Game freezes. Then when I put it back in my computer I have 516 mbs...
Quote from: TurboChaos on December 10, 2013, 04:36:36 AM
Well those were some fun matches. I forgot how fun it was not playing COMs. Heh heh.... I have no friends.
LOL, good games. Despite all the lag and [censored].
Quote from: Gravity on December 10, 2013, 03:55:15 AM
Turbo Mode + Meta Knight + Training Room is godly, oh my jesus.
For more nonsense, use Zelda, Hold up on the Analog stick and Spam usmash using the Cstick repeatedly.
Zelda for goddess tier in Turbo.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 10, 2013, 04:44:18 AM
For more nonsense, use Zelda, Hold up on the Analog stick and Spam usmash using the Cstick repeatedly.
Zelda for goddess tier in Turbo.
Ohhhhh, yep, yep, mmhmm, that certainly does work, haha! Holy crap.
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 10, 2013, 04:13:59 AM
About that...
Things are definitely... happening, right now.
You better be doing what I think you're doing :srs:
So Awesome!
I like what you did with Bowser's FSmash ;)
And by FSmash I don't mean forward-Smash lol
So I actually got it running for about fifteen minutes until the BEEEEEEEEEEP of doom occurred on Brinstar in a 2 player match for no reason.
You may need to get a need to get a new SD card
I am LOVING Roy. I didn't expect to be so good with him, cause I ironically suck with Marth.
Good job, guys.
Quote from: Segtendo on December 10, 2013, 05:13:43 AM
You better be doing what I think you're doing :srs:
He is, but only if what you are thinking is what I am I know he apparently is doing.
.sreppirtS-3If you are not thinking what I know he is apparently doing then he is more than likely not doing what you think he is doing, as he is doing what I know he is doing...
Wat.
Quote from: Tawa Hoda on December 10, 2013, 05:28:16 AM
He is, but only if what you are thinking is what I am I know he apparently is doing..sreppirtS-3
If you are not thinking what I know he is apparently doing then he is more than likely not doing what you think he is doing, as he is doing what I know he is doing... Wat.
aaaand yeh lost me
Roommate is furious that I am a god at turbo mode, was getting scared to play anymore. GG guys
[censored] Sleeping.
So I tried out Kirby for the first time.
Of course, I immediately tried out the horizontal Final Cutter.
For some reason, I can't pull it off. I did it once, but I could never do it again. Either there's something wrong with my controller stick, or the new mechanic is really specific...
I've pressed Up B so many times that I've gotten a headache from hearing Kirby say "HYAH! EHH!" hundreds of times...
WTB more mirrors for PM >.> lol all the downloads time out. i'm assuming it is getting heavy traffic.
Turbo Roy:
Up-Special - Counter
If you believe..
i believe i can...
lol funniest glitch so far xD
having a lot of fun in turbo mode, my fingers still aren't fast and precise enough to do anything super special, but oh well.
also boxer DK looks epic, specially when comboing on turbo.
so far, mario has the most "easy OP" combo, being down-B(mash to get in the air)>down-A>up-B>down-A or B.
im pretty sure that it should be loopable if done perfectly, although that isn't as easy anymore xD
i'm also trying to land consecutive up-B moves with people, just for the lulz
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 10, 2013, 06:15:56 AM
So I tried out Kirby for the first time.
Of course, I immediately tried out the horizontal Final Cutter.
For some reason, I can't pull it off. I did it once, but I could never do it again. Either there's something wrong with my controller stick, or the new mechanic is really specific...
I've pressed Up B so many times that I've gotten a headache from hearing Kirby say "HYAH! EHH!" hundreds of times...
It only works in the air. As soon as you activate the Up-B, before Kirby "jumps", hold any side direction and b and it'll work.
It takes a bit of getting used to.
Quote from: Alm5252 on December 10, 2013, 12:22:43 PM
So how do we make Lucario costumes compatible with Mewtwo? I wanna use the Melee Mewtwo import.
Nope, he uses a custom bone tree
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 10, 2013, 12:47:57 PM
It only works in the air. As soon as you activate the Up-B, before Kirby "jumps", hold any side direction and b and it'll work.
It takes a bit of getting used to.
Nope, he uses a custom bone tree
you even said yourself you would make a tutorial on that...
Oh, my bad.
I'll try to make one tonight. It's finals week so I'm busy and stuff right now.
In the mean time have another render.
(http://i.imgur.com/4TTPNWL.jpg)
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 10, 2013, 11:38:13 AM
i believe i can...
lol funniest glitch so far xD
A level 1 CPU Marth just topped what I discovered.. I'll post pics in a few.
Words can't express how fast Marth flew up into the air. Was so unexpected, it was hilarious.
Loving it. Samus and Roy feel great, but there's something about Mewtwo..
His float mechanics don't make a lot of sense to me. That might just be becouse I played so much Peach in Melee, but yea. Something about it feels weird, I'll get used to it eventually.
Sucks how the alternate costumes end up lagging the game a bit, hopefully that'll get fixed in 3.1/3.0a or something lol.
But yea, amazing job. The only thing that I want you guys to change now is the CSS and the main menu, just so it doesn't look like Brawls. You changed up the SSS, so yea hopefully the CSS and the menu will get a makeover soon. That'd be grrrreat.
Now excuse me while I go rape some CPUs with Pirate Wolf.
there is a thing that bothers me... the slot numbers are [censored]ed up on some characters, having various numbers on the same square...
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 10, 2013, 01:13:25 PM
Oh, my bad.
I'll try to make one tonight. It's finals week so I'm busy and stuff right now.
In the mean time have another render.
(http://i.imgur.com/4TTPNWL.jpg)
I absolutely love Dry Giga Bowser. Especially when it comes to fighting against him. XD
I totally get SkullGreymon vibes from him at times. ¦D
so, i heard that tourney mode freezes. is that true?
That it does; the updated CSS information wasn't ported to Tourney mode or Rotation.
We honestly don't know how to update that one with the needed info with the Alts/M2/Roy.
Simply Editing the .pac isn't gonna cut it.
is turbo mode possible online?
like, can you do special brawl online?
if you can, is turbo even wifi-safe?
Because Special Brawl is not doable online, Turbo is not online either.
If only we could repurpose the never used Online Multi Man Brawl and Online Homerun Contest modes.......
you guys got the fricking clone engine working, im sure it's possible for you... not to mention how epic it would be, i find myelf playing turbo mode the whole time, trying to make some crazy combos, without much luck, so now i main ganondorf with his 3 hits 66% damage combos xD
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 10, 2013, 04:40:57 PM
That it does; the updated CSS information wasn't ported to Tourney mode or Rotation.
We honestly don't know how to update that one with the needed info with the Alts/M2/Roy.
Simply Editing the .pac isn't gonna cut it.
Gosh dang it, i was going to have a school tourney today. guess we have to keep track of our own brackets
A PSA-related question...
How did you manage to get Mewtwo to properly reflect projectiles? o-o
It's obvious that Lucario was cloned, and Lucario can't utilize the reflecting Defensive Collision properly?
I was just playing multi man brawl with my friend with Mewtwo and Roy. We finished one round of it and decided to do another and it froze for us
Anybody else notice they left numerical space in all the characters portrait slots for cBliss?
Does this mean I can simply add the missing portrait and the game will read the character slot I add?
Example: I add MenSelchrFaceB.018 and FitDonkey08 and it will read it?
WE don't use CBliss; we have our own Alternate Costume Engine, built from the ashes of Masquerade.
Anyway, no it will not. Each costume slot has to be added one at a time and have to be done a character by character basis.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 10, 2013, 05:12:32 PM
A PSA-related question...
How did you manage to get Mewtwo to properly reflect projectiles? o-o
It's obvious that Lucario was cloned, and Lucario can't utilize the reflecting Defensive Collision properly?
ASM coding, and quite a bit of it.
I wonder, are we going to see all those bits of individual character ASM codes? As in, ways to use in on regular Lucarios. Not the cloned slot one.
Quote from: ds22 on December 10, 2013, 05:50:27 PM
ASM coding, and quite a bit of it.
Would it be possible for one of the PMBR members to give a tutorial on how to do so?
Since this would be a huge breakthrough for us non-PMBR PSA makers.
Holy [censored], its taking hours to download lol, maybe its much traffic.
Quote from: SouthCraft on December 10, 2013, 07:17:45 PM
Holy [censored], its taking hours to download lol, maybe its much traffic.
Try the MediaFire mirror (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r4nca2sv6fcqx/3.0%20Mirror%20%5BOff-Site%5D). That one should have a bit less traffic than the on-site one.
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 07:25:01 PM
Try the MediaFire mirror (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r4nca2sv6fcqx/3.0%20Mirror%20%5BOff-Site%5D). That one should have a bit less traffic than the on-site one.
Cheers! Can't wait :)
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 10, 2013, 05:56:22 PM
Would it be possible for one of the PMBR members to give a tutorial on how to do so?
Since this would be a huge breakthrough for us non-PMBR PSA makers.
The thing is, you'd have to amend the reflection code on a character per character, and action per action basis to get it to work.
You'd also need to allocate a spot in the characters file to store the size and offset floats to, and get it to read from said spot.
So basically, you'd need to know how to add specific character and action checks, locate the necessary floats from the character file, and fix the offsets inside the code, because those will change every time you amend the code.
Charizard feels smoother, anything else other than the changelog that you guys did to him? I can control and fight better than before... maybe is the mechanics perse?
Quote from: ds22 on December 10, 2013, 07:54:57 PM
The thing is, you'd have to amend the reflection code on a character per character, and action per action basis to get it to work.
You'd also need to allocate a spot in the characters file to store the size and offset floats to, and get it to read from said spot.
So basically, you'd need to know how to add specific character and action checks, locate the necessary floats from the character file, and fix the offsets inside the code, because those will change every time you amend the code.
That's why I asked if a PMBR member could give a tutorial on how to do such things.
Well yeah, but it would more useful when the code is finished, as currently we're unable to give different multiplier stats to newly added reflection collisions.
That, and you'd need to have an USBGecko to find the memory offset for the characters defence collision offset and size floats, provided it has them (Lucario, and by extant Mewtwo, have them for Lucario's VBrawl down B).
Another god tier in turbo mode?
Select ROB and just... just spam that down smash.
It seems, I'm being ignored or something...
So since PM can make characters have sfx without Riivolution, does that mean we can easily do it?
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on December 10, 2013, 11:23:39 PM
So since PM can make characters have sfx without Riivolution, does that mean we can easily do it?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0)
I wanted to give Mario his melee sfx but he already has a replacement :(
I want to add the mango Pit alternate color scheme and the character select portrait that comes with it, but with PM 3.0 it won't have the alt. costume bar with the csportrait. Is there any way we can add that bar to the csp with a simple render of it? (I would be using paint, lol)
some project m streaming and soon P:M and P:M Turbo mode tourneys
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp (http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp)
Glargh it doesn't work with gecko it says there's too many lines. And what's in that god forsaken code anyway? And why doesn't the loading screen work?
Quote from: kadapunny on December 11, 2013, 01:24:04 AM
Glargh it doesn't work with gecko it says there's too many lines. And what's in that god forsaken code anyway? And why doesn't the loading screen work?
If you put all the files from the download onto the SD, it will work.
Just drag'n'drop. Thats it. Nothing else.
I did a 3 player battle of Snake vs Roy vs Squirtle and Every time Roy did his FS, I would block it and the camera would zoom in on roy and squirtle, but then when it zoomed out, I would be gone and i waited and my guy automatically died after a minute. And after Squirtle died and it was just me and Roy, Roy ran away from my character and wouldnt fight me
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 11, 2013, 02:11:24 AM
I did a 3 player battle of Snake vs Roy vs Squirtle and Every time Roy did his FS, I would block it and the camera would zoom in on roy and squirtle, but then when it zoomed out, I would be gone and i waited and my guy automatically died after a minute. And after Squirtle died and it was just me and Roy, Roy ran away from my character and wouldnt fight me
that same thing happened to me on pirate ship, in a match with the gang today.
Yeah Roy's final smash is causing lots of issues for people. We'll have it fixed up in a patch for 3.0.
I'd like to know how you guys did the sword-trail effects on characters without sword-trail effects, like Lucas and Sonic. I'm guessing ASM coding, but I'm kinda hoping they're just custom graphics or something.
Any character has access to a generic sword trail - look at Lucas' Samus' or Bowser's file to figure it out. Only comes in white though. Sonic's is a gfx - like Metaknight's sword slashes.
Quote from: cmart on December 11, 2013, 06:29:43 AM
Any character has access to a generic sword trail - look at Lucas' Samus' or Bowser's file to figure it out.
Well yeah, I knew that bit. For some reason I thought they were colored, but I just realized that they are, in fact, white, heheh.
Quote from: cmart on December 11, 2013, 06:29:43 AMOnly comes in white though. Sonic's is a gfx - like Metaknight's sword slashes.
Ah, that's kinda what I figured. I'll have to look into that a bit more at some point.
Anyone else notice the pichu stock icon in the stgresult pac? Also noticed ganon and mewtwo have extra stock icons. They might be placeholders for future alternates.
Quote from: Dio on December 11, 2013, 01:34:12 PM
Anyone else notice the pichu stock icon in the stgresult pac? Also noticed ganon and mewtwo have extra stock icons. They might be placeholders for future alternates.
Indeed. Wolf has some as well and Link has one more which would give him 10 slots.
Turbo Mode. Holy [censored]. Insane.
can someone develop a standalone code to have turbo mode always active?
that would make online turbo possible :)
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 11, 2013, 06:12:01 PM
can someone develop a standalone code to have turbo mode always active?
that would make online turbo possible :)
Or how about enabling the Turbo item? ^-^
The turbo item goes away when you get hit, so yea that kinda sucks (but I guess it makes it fair as an item).
Also, if some you guys wanna watch some high level play, click on this link nao.
http://www.twitch.tv/irregularjinny (http://www.twitch.tv/irregularjinny)
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Turbo Mode that much? I mean, I'm in awe at how it was done with all the technicality and such, but I can't seem to pull off much with any character. Also, whenever I do actually start something good, the CPU just gets out of it like it's nothing and ruins it EVERY time (on level 1 or 9) and if I just have another human standing there, they'll get knocked off in 2 or 3 hits, which is pretty pointless. I guess I just don't really feel like I'm enjoying it as much as I'm getting frustrated with it.
Also random 'glitch' to mention. If I ever get hit straight up, the CPU will dash dance at the speed of light and pull a regular Brawl CPU (up Smash spam) over and over and over unless I jump again or air dodge or something. Probably not that unusual, but it just looks... off when they actually do it.
i also found a flaw in the AI, at least in turbo, they tend to completely ignore me (1vs1) and just go to the center of the stage and wait...
Hey, guys...
Thanks to SmashBoards, I found out a 42nd character...
Select Bowser, hold R, then select a stage.
i tried it, and...
OMG [censored]ING EPIC!!!! BLSADGHLASI!
Oh mah gawd I sure hope it's not Giga Bowser :O
Also, Dry Giga Bowser is so sexy.
Just wanted to give credit where credit is due since there really isn't a credit/callab option when making things for Project M.
If it wasn't already obvious I used http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32150 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32150) to make the butterfly MK that's in PM right now.
Probably wouldn't of turned out nearly as well if it wasn't for the already fantastic model made by Iwvi and Flygon <3 Good job guys and thanks for letting me use it.
Is there a way to play your on music in project m ?
Quote from: roxasitachi on December 11, 2013, 09:08:09 PM
Is there a way to play your on music in project m ?
I'd assume it's the same as playing music in normal Brawl. Just slap them in the proper folder, with the proper name.
The songs should play... Unless they did something to mess with that. But why would they?
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 11, 2013, 09:09:27 PM
I'd assume it's the same as playing music in normal Brawl. Just slap them in the proper folder, with the proper name.
The songs should play... Unless they did something to mess with that. But why would they?
Correct. I set my tunes up before I downloaded it and just stuck them in after I put the files on the SD card.
One question will there ever be a rio volition version to download
Another thing is that the random select seems to pick Roy a little too often.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 11, 2013, 09:09:27 PM
I'd assume it's the same as playing music in normal Brawl. Just slap them in the proper folder, with the proper name.
The songs should play... Unless they did something to mess with that. But why would they?
Speaking of that...I replaced the Hyrule Field theme with Ballad of the Goddess, and the song became all static.
Anyone else noticed the glitchy Up Bs in Turbo Mode? Particularly Samus, but I've done it with Snake and Wolf too, where they do the Up B and when canceling into another attack, they go flying off the top of the screen almost like hitting a weak and damaged character with a screw attack in a 1P mode or something, only it's the character attacking that gets launched. Probably has something to do with momentum when leaving the ground. It doesn't kill you or anything, but it's just unusual and inconvenient when trying to combo, not that I can very well anyway, although I had one pretty badass one on the Metroid Prime Frigate with Samus earlier where I just switched between Screw Attack, UAir, and FAir (flamethrower) and the stage happened to flip right as I did a DAir and launched Charizard straight down. It was pretty sweet. :D
Happened to me with Mario twice.
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on December 11, 2013, 11:10:24 PM
Speaking of that...I replaced the Hyrule Field theme with Ballad of the Goddess, and the song became all static.
this was happening to me too but no just with the hyrule field theme, seems you cant replace any music with project M......
EVEN THOUGH IT WORKED PERFECTLY IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION FUUUUUUUUU *SHOT*
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 11, 2013, 11:47:46 PM
this was happening to me too but no just with the hyrule field theme, seems you cant replace any music with project M......
EVEN THOUGH IT WORKED PERFECTLY IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION FUUUUUUUUU *SHOT*
Just defrag your SD card. This is quite a common occurrence when music is replaced.
I replaced the Skyloft music with the All Star theme from melee it worked fine
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 11, 2013, 11:47:46 PM
this was happening to me too but no just with the hyrule field theme, seems you cant replace any music with project M......
EVEN THOUGH IT WORKED PERFECTLY IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION FUUUUUUUUU *SHOT*
I replaced a ton of songs and it's worked fine for me so far. Haven't put Ballad of the Goddess back on there though. I need to do that. I wonder why they removed it. I would say maybe because of copyrights related to something released after Brawl or something like that, but the stage is still there so... ?
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 11, 2013, 11:51:37 PM
I replaced the Skyloft music with the All Star theme from melee it worked fine
Might still be a good idea to format your SD Card...
After backing everything up of course.
Also something to keep in mind. If I recall, Melee stages have a file size limit on the BRSTMs. Check the file sizes of the BRSTMs you want to use.
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 11, 2013, 11:47:46 PM
this was happening to me too but no just with the hyrule field theme, seems you cant replace any music with project M......
EVEN THOUGH IT WORKED PERFECTLY IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION FUUUUUUUUU *SHOT*
I only moved a song (Peach's Castle) to Waluigi Pinball instead of Mario Circuit. replaced all but 2 of Green Hill Zone's songs so I could put the perfect chaos stage on it; brought in 2 songs for Lylat Cruise (Battle with Clockwerk and PSASBR: Dr. Nefarious); brought in 2 songs for Warioware Inc (Mr. Patch, Witchy World, and PSASBR: Alden's Tower Phase 2); copied the Metal Mario Theme so it plays every time on that stage; put one song on Shadow Moses Island (The Villa theme from Perfect Dark); and put in 1 song for Temple (Koloktos Battle) after I changed it to Temple of Time. I had no trouble at all... unless yer talkin about replacing the music in general. if you wanna do that, remove the brstm first, reload the folder, then put the new one in. had that trouble before; never had it again. I think it has something to do with "data collision" when one brstm is pushing out the other.
Lol I wasn't any good at Project M anyway, so why did I expect to be good at Turbo Mode :P
Thats strange, I have no probs with my music, I just backed up the brstm I had for 2.6 and formatted the sd.
After that, I moved those brstm's back to 3.0 by first deleting instead of replacing the ones with similar names (cuz replacing a file makes it go static), and all of the music works fine.
Quote from: Scout on December 12, 2013, 12:46:00 AM
Thats strange, I have no probs with my music, I just backed up the brstm I had for 2.6 and formatted the sd.
After that, I moved those brstm's back to 3.0 by first deleting instead of replacing the ones with similar names (cuz replacing a file makes it go static), and all of the music works fine.
my [nonpatented] method in summary
these guys are pretty good. its a nice livestream, practicing for apex
http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios (http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios)
also, on a stream i was watching, olimar seemeed to do nothing in turbo mode.
Quote from: ShadowWolf on December 10, 2013, 04:19:46 AM
lol I just beat classic mode with Roy and weird things are happening. I get Mario's trophy at the end and it's playing a scene from Subspace. Now it says congratulations with classic in the top left corner and Ds22 name in the bottom right.
I hope you guys complete this feature someday even though it's a very small issue lol
You're... not supposed to play P:M on Singleplayer.
I don't know what you bloody expected to happen, but good thing SOMEONE predicted people like you.
Just a curious question...
How did y'all get the announcer SFX for Roy and Mewtwo on the character selection screen?
It sounds as if they're from the announcer himself...
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 12, 2013, 03:22:44 AM
How did y'all get the announcer SFX for Roy and Mewtwo on the character selection screen?
It sounds as if they're from the announcer himself...
Just going by memory and rumors, but I believe the SSBB announcer himself did make those. He sent several name-calling clips to the community after they had gathered a list of favorites they wanted to hear him say. I think there's a video on YT with it...
Yeah...
Here:
Brawl Announcer Does Some Additional Voicing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SqlRYW3xo#)
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 11, 2013, 11:10:36 PM
Anyone else noticed the glitchy Up Bs in Turbo Mode? Particularly Samus, but I've done it with Snake and Wolf too, where they do the Up B and when canceling into another attack, they go flying off the top of the screen almost like hitting a weak and damaged character with a screw attack in a 1P mode or something, only it's the character attacking that gets launched. Probably has something to do with momentum when leaving the ground. It doesn't kill you or anything, but it's just unusual and inconvenient when trying to combo, not that I can very well anyway, although I had one pretty badass one on the Metroid Prime Frigate with Samus earlier where I just switched between Screw Attack, UAir, and FAir (flamethrower) and the stage happened to flip right as I did a DAir and launched Charizard straight down. It was pretty sweet. :D
That's not glitchy. That's working exactly as intended. You're merely retaining all the momentum you had upon cancelling which at the start of offensive Up Bs is a [censored] ton.
Also Dant's streaming an AI tourney: http://www.twitch.tv/dantarion (http://www.twitch.tv/dantarion)
Something I just noticed that has been bothering me ever since I first saw how no one could be able to change/locate/remove it ever since it started conflicting with ports not matching correct names...but how the HECK did they manage to change the result screen name on top of the results to fit properly for Roy and Mewtwo? Let alone, give it their own individual slots to load properly? o_0
Quote from: Omega-Zack Fair on December 12, 2013, 03:57:19 AM
Something I just noticed that has been bothering me ever since I first saw how no one could be able to change/locate/remove it ever since it started conflicting with ports not matching correct names...but how the HECK did they manage to change the result screen name on top of the results to fit properly for Roy and Mewtwo? Let alone, give it their own individual slots to load properly? o_0
Clone engine magic braaah.
@ Anyone who wants to use Riivolution:
www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1sjgxu/riivolution_support_for_30/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1sjgxu/riivolution_support_for_30/)
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 12, 2013, 04:02:07 AM
@ Anyone who wants to use Riivolution:
www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1sjgxu/riivolution_support_for_30/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1sjgxu/riivolution_support_for_30/)
(http://i.imgur.com/7ii16ix.gif)
Thank you.
Edit: Everything works perfectly except some Alts. (So far with Link's Alt)
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 11, 2013, 01:35:02 AM
If you put all the files from the download onto the SD, it will work.
Just drag'n'drop. Thats it. Nothing else.
I...did...
Some initial criticisms from playing for 2 days straight:
Dr. Mario's pills are spammy as [censored], Kirby's horizontal cutter is a bit odd to pull off, the ice climber's final smash on warioware needs to be lowered, I think they forgot to delete the rain bounce model on distant planet, and overall the stage selection is disappointing, considering they could've added a billion stages but opted not to.
Fighting Kirby is quite a challenge, considering that his neutral air cancels any combo your opponent might be doing to you. Heck, not even chard's tail can help me there. Also if find charizard lacking in contrast to the other characters... couple of tournamets played and he feels... left out imo.
Post Merge: December 13, 2013, 12:29:40 AM
Also, why didn't you guys left Yoshi with the extra vertical recovery he had in vanilla when he did the up b in the air? Doing side b is risky since you tend to loose a second jump while doing it and that second jump leave's you completely vulnerable to mario's cape and spikes... or am I using him wrong?
Quote from: Scout on December 13, 2013, 12:25:33 AM
Also, why didn't you guys left Yoshi with the extra vertical recovery he had in vanilla when he did the up b in the air? Doing side b is risky since you tend to loose a second jump while doing it and that second jump leave's you completely vulnerable to mario's cape and spikes... or am I using him wrong?
To keep the ledge tricks that were possible with Melee Up B. The little hop meant you couldn't do these.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 13, 2013, 12:40:50 AM
To keep the ledge tricks that were possible with Melee Up B. The little hop meant you couldn't do these.
Oh thats cool! I'ma try that now, thanks for the response!
i was wondering, do you need to do anything special to make a custom CSS work with the clones and added costumes? the melee one is nice but too plain of a character layout for me.
also how would i add this code to PM's file patch? i know it reads slightly different then the normal one:
File Patch3.5.1(NTSC-U)
E0000000 80008000
225664EC 00000000
0401BFE0 4858BE20
065A7E00 00000070
38A00067 38810020
3CE0805A 60E37C18
4BE52531 38A0007F
3883FFE8 38610020
4BE52521 38A00068
60E47C18 38610020
9421FF80 BC410008
38610088 4BA74DB9
7C7C1B78 2C030000
4082000C 38210080
4800001C B8410008
38210080 4BE524E5
38610008 4BA742E1
7C7C1B78 4BA741E8
040223E0 48585BC0
065A7FA0 00000028
80010044 3C608001
6063581C 7C001800
4082000C 7FDDC850
3BDEFFE0 93DB0008
4BA7A424 00000000
0401CD0C 4858B1F4
065A7F00 00000038
2C030000 4182000C
4BA7DD51 4BA74E04
80780008 2C030000
41820014 8118000C
7C634214 7C7B1850
48000008 8078000C
4BA74DE0 00000000
043EE9D8 48000014
043EEBD4 48000014
043D8B9C 48000018
043E9B4C 38600000
043E9D38 38600000
043D8C80 60000000
80000000 80406920
80000001 805A7C00
8A001001 00000000
045A7C10 2F525342
045A7C14 452F7066
80000001 805A7B00
8A001001 00000000
065A7B10 0000000F
2F525342 452F7066
2F736F75 6E642F00
041C6CE0 483E0D20
065A7A00 00000028
9421FF80 BC410008
3C60805A 60637B1F
4BE52931 B8410008
38210080 4BE52995
4BC1F2C4 00000000
065A7900 00000078
9421FF80 7C0802A6
9001000C BC810010
9421FF00 7C872378
54B2BA7E 7CD33378
38800000 9081000C
90810010 90610014
90810018 3880FFFF
9081001C 38610020
90610008 7CE43B78
38A00080 4BE529F5
38610008 4BA752A1
60000000 80210000
B8810010 8001000C
7C0803A6 80210000
4E800020 00000000
043E399C 481C3F04
065A78A0 00000010
80BC0020 7CA59214
3A400000 4BE3C0F4
043DBAEC 481CBDE4
065A78D0 00000018
800302A4 2C130000
41820008 7E609B78
3A600000 4BE3420C
041CDF7C 483D9884
065A7800 00000098
818C0014 9421FF80
BC410008 3D009034
61089D94 7C034000
4082003C 7C882378
3C60804D 60630000
3C80805A 60847B00
7CC53378 38C04200
80E40080 2C070000
40820014 60000000
480000B9 2C030000
41820010 B8410008
80210000 4BC26724
70A501FF 3868FFFF
3C80804C 6084FFFF
7C842A14 38A04001
38A5FFFF 8C040001
9C030001 2C050000
4082FFF0 B8410008
80210000 4BC2670C
141CCF90 483DA770
065A7700 00000048
9421FF80 BC410008
7FE3FB78 3C80805A
60847B00 38A00000
38C04000 480001E5
90640080 807F0008
907A0014 907A005C
907A0074 B8410008
80210000 807F0000
4BC25854 00000000
E0000000 80008000
File Patch 3.5.3 Upgrade
284F7881 00001800
CC000000 00000001
045A7C14 342F7066
045A7B14 342F7066
045A7D2C 342F7066
E0000000 80008000
284DE4B0 00000C80
CC000000 00000001
045A7C14 342F7066
045A7B14 342F7066
045A7D2C 342F7066
E0000000 80008000
284F78AA 000000A8
CC000000 00000001
045A7C14 342F7066
045A7B14 342F7066
045A7D2C 342F7066
E0000000 80008000
the main reason for this is we have custom psa's we're building, however we don't want to get rid of the original PM characters.
I just used gctedit to get the text code, searched for the first few characters' ids (Wario, Mario, Luigi, etc.) and just changed the order from there. I wouldn't go adding anything to the code, it's easy enough just to change the code that's present. Just remember the pokemon are now 2A, 2B and 2C, Roy is 2D and Mewtwo is 2E.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 11, 2013, 11:51:03 PM
Just defrag your SD card. This is quite a common occurrence when music is replaced.
how exactly do I do that?
Quote from: DocStrange on December 13, 2013, 05:14:16 PM
I just used gctedit to get the text code, searched for the first few characters' ids (Wario, Mario, Luigi, etc.) and just changed the order from there. I wouldn't go adding anything to the code, it's easy enough just to change the code that's present. Just remember the pokemon are now 2A, 2B and 2C, Roy is 2D and Mewtwo is 2E.
ty for that, it will come in handy for CSS edits. tho i still need to find out what code to replace the file patch with my own. its different then the normal FPC so its difficult to find in the jumble of code. (i assume its the same as the FPC 4.0 for sound effects, tho it reads from a new folder instead of rsbe making the string of code slightly different). the above FPC i posted makes it where the game has 2 partitions of replacement files. instead of just one.
Made an intro for a future series in which I play and live-stream Project M content, Enjoy!
Project M 3.0 Intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQAmi1v7awQ#ws)
Quote from: Ikuto on December 14, 2013, 12:08:58 AM
Made an intro for a future series in which I play and live-stream Project M content, Enjoy!
Project M 3.0 Intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQAmi1v7awQ#ws)
Sooo loking foward to see those future series.
Sonic with bunny ears is... weird. He has, like, normal acceleration when dashing, but then his speed jumps up to bunny ear speed. It's funky.
Quote from: Register on December 12, 2013, 03:29:24 AM
Just going by memory and rumors, but I believe the SSBB announcer himself did make those. He sent several name-calling clips to the community after they had gathered a list of favorites they wanted to hear him say. I think there's a video on YT with it...
Yeah...
Here:
Brawl Announcer Does Some Additional Voicing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SqlRYW3xo#)
Actually, we didn't use those, because the sound quality was too different. We borrowed sounds from other words the announcer says.
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on December 13, 2013, 07:50:09 PM
He means format it.
No I don't I mean defrag it. Just Google how to defrag SD card or something along those lines.
Quote from: HaloedHero on December 14, 2013, 02:48:42 PM
Actually, we didn't use those, because the sound quality was too different. We borrowed sounds from other words the announcer says.
Which "other words", specifically? xD
Just curious.
So with the Alt. Costume Engine, does that mean we can add more character costumes without cBliss?
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 14, 2013, 04:06:31 PM
Which "other words", specifically? xD
Just curious.
For example:
Mewtwo's uses the M from the middle of Samus (other M sounds sounded too harsh, because of the way it was modeled after the announcer's YouTube one where he emphasizes the "two," where "Mew" is softer.) So, it's M-you ("you" sound from "continue?") -TWO! (Two from, well, "two!")
They're far from ideal, but they're our best solution so far.
Quote from: HaloedHero on December 14, 2013, 05:33:37 PM
For example:
Mewtwo's uses the M from the middle of Samus (other M sounds sounded too harsh, because of the way it was modeled after the announcer's YouTube one where he emphasizes the "two," where "Mew" is softer.) So, it's M-you ("you" sound from "continue?") -TWO! (Two from, well, "two!")
They're far from ideal, but they're our best solution so far.
Thats cool
how about a whole new anouncer all around?
have somebody from the team make all the anouncer calls and stuff, that would add yet another distinctive feature to the modpack.
it is difficult to mimic the announcer. believe me, I am the man of 1,000,000 voices, and I've never mastered such a voice. you're gonna need a man of 1,000,001 voices to pull it off.
Maybe someone could try to sound more like the Melee announcer then? It was much more dynamic than the Brawl one.
It's not really a matter of sounding like the announcer or not. It'd be fairly near impossible for anyone to imitate it closely enough that it would sound right (as I said, even other clips from the same guy sounded off, because they weren't recorded with the same studio setup), especially since we don't exactly have the same level of professional recording equipment.
You'd have to replace the announcer entirely with someone new, and even then, sound quality would be an issue due to lack of access to a real recording studio.
Quote from: HaloedHero on December 14, 2013, 07:02:47 PM
It's not really a matter of sounding like the announcer or not. It'd be fairly near impossible for anyone to imitate it closely enough that it would sound right (as I said, even other clips from the same guy sounded off, because they weren't recorded with the same studio setup), especially since we don't exactly have the same level of professional recording equipment.
You'd have to replace the announcer entirely with someone new, and even then, sound quality would be an issue due to lack of access to a real recording studio.
Still, interesting to hear how you guys spliced all of the sounds together to make the announcer calls.
you're not getting my point, im talking about remaking all the anouncer calls with a new voice, maybe even female?
The current announcer is fine. ._.
I disapprove of female announcer, I heard them and if they are gonna be like the ones on the vault... no, the current announcer is fine. I just grew used with the male one.
Also, have anybody fought Galleom and Duon yet?
Quote from: Scout on December 14, 2013, 07:53:59 PM
Also, have anybody fought Galleom and Duon yet?
yep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaJhYbadIjU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaJhYbadIjU)
I got your point exactly, which is why I explained that it'd be extremely hard for us to replace the announcer with a new one that actually sounds good.
pretty sure the clone engine was harder though :P
A new announcer would be silly, in my opinion.
Like other people have said, keep the current one. I like him. (:
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 14, 2013, 10:05:47 PM
A new announcer would be silly, in my opinion.
Like other people have said, keep the current one. I like him. (:
I agree. People seem so quick to want to replace Pat Cashman...
He's THE Brawl Announcer. Replacing him with someone like Rina-Chan, or whatever seems wrong to me.
I'd say you guys should keep him.
Keeping the announcer gives it that natural feeling other announcers I've heard have different pitches on the character calls but it could just be bad luck on my part.
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 14, 2013, 08:33:05 PM
pretty sure the clone engine was harder though :P
You'd be surprised. Coding issues, like the clone engine, either work or they don't, and finding solutions just takes patience and logic.
A new announcer is an artistic thing, which means we could work on it forever and never figure out how to get it just right, and it would be extremely difficult for us to produce it with quality as high as the current announcer. Given the choice between every announcer sound in the game being slightly inferior and two of them being slightly inferior, I'll take two of them.
And they really aren't even that bad. Mewtwo's initial announcer call was kinda janky, but his and Roy's sound fine as they are, even if they were frankensteined from other sounds.
I honestly find the calls really good. I think they shouldnt be changed.
When I first heard those announcer calls, I thought they sounded a bit off.
Now that I know where they come from, I'm surprised they didn't end up even worse.
And while a bit of distinction wouldn't hurt, without the proper recording equipment and know-how, they might might as well invest their time and money on things they have the means to make more distinctive.
For instance, I didn't think someone could make Falco more generic and insipid than the SSBB devs, but it looks like I was dead wrong. I don't care if you have a maniac tournament Falco player holding a knife to your throat, but I want you to fire whoever did all those lazy copy-paste Melee movesets and replace them with the guys who came up with actually creative ideas to de-clone Toon Link, Wolf and Lucario.
Honestly, I had fun playing with those, experimenting with their new stuff and the rest of the cast that recieved changes. But then I come to the top tier guys and all I can read is "return to their former glory", "restoration", "replica", "remade to match Melee".
You're giving both tournament AND non-tournament players reasons to play most of your characters over their Brawl/Melee equivalents. Why stop applying that constructive logic whenever you get closer to the Melee top tiers. Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?
tl;dr: Is there any point for me, "casual" player, to play any of the copy-paste characters that I've already played for more than 7 years?
Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 02:29:30 AM
When I first heard those announcer calls, I thought they sounded a bit off.
Now that I know where they come from, I'm surprised they didn't end up even worse.
And while a bit of distinction wouldn't hurt, without the proper recording equipment and know-how, they might might as well invest their time and money on things they have the means to make more distinctive.
For instance, I didn't think someone could make Falco more generic and insipid than the SSBB devs, but it looks like I was dead wrong. I don't care if you have a maniac tournament Falco player holding a knife to your throat, but I want you to fire whoever did all those lazy copy-paste Melee movesets and replace them with the guys who came up with actually creative ideas to de-clone Toon Link, Wolf and Lucario.
Honestly, I had fun playing with those, experimenting with their new stuff and the rest of the cast that recieved changes. But then I come to the top tier guys and all I can read is "return to their former glory", "restoration", "replica", "remade to match Melee".
You're giving both tournament AND non-tournament players reasons to play most of your characters over their Brawl/Melee equivalents. Why stop applying that constructive logic whenever you get closer to the Melee top tiers. Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?
tl;dr: Is there any point for me, "casual" player, to play any of the copy-paste characters that I've already played for more than 7 years?
All of my this^
Wish they would make a better hybrid of Falco combining both the Brawl and Melee moveset 3: that would give him a so much better entity to what a P:M Falco should be :/
Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 02:29:30 AM
Why stop applying that constructive logic whenever you get closer to the Melee top tiers. Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?
Also adding that changing that could (censored) off a ton of top tier people that uses fox and falco BECAUSE of their melee predecessors. Believe me, aton of guys at my gaming club love fox/falco the way they are. And I seen alot of pm tourney displaying just how great and technical using those two are. It is best not to fix whats not broken, and just leave that melee influence alone.
And I'm saying this, not because I disagree with you (I want this change to happen), but for all of those annoying competitive guys who spent hours and hours training with characters that are hard to master would probably just stop playing pm altogether.
Besides, there is alot for casual players now.
Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 02:29:30 AM
When I first heard those announcer calls, I thought they sounded a bit off.
Now that I know where they come from, I'm surprised they didn't end up even worse.
And while a bit of distinction wouldn't hurt, without the proper recording equipment and know-how, they might might as well invest their time and money on things they have the means to make more distinctive.
For instance, I didn't think someone could make Falco more generic and insipid than the SSBB devs, but it looks like I was dead wrong. I don't care if you have a maniac tournament Falco player holding a knife to your throat, but I want you to fire whoever did all those lazy copy-paste Melee movesets and replace them with the guys who came up with actually creative ideas to de-clone Toon Link, Wolf and Lucario.
Honestly, I had fun playing with those, experimenting with their new stuff and the rest of the cast that recieved changes. But then I come to the top tier guys and all I can read is "return to their former glory", "restoration", "replica", "remade to match Melee".
You're giving both tournament AND non-tournament players reasons to play most of your characters over their Brawl/Melee equivalents. Why stop applying that constructive logic whenever you get closer to the Melee top tiers. Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?
tl;dr: Is there any point for me, "casual" player, to play any of the copy-paste characters that I've already played for more than 7 years?
Personally, I think they're different enough already, although, I don't completely disagree. I used to main Falco in Melee (also not because he's top tier, simply because I tried him once and liked the feel of his movement and such) and still consider him to be one of my best characters in both Melee and P:M, but now I main Ganon and I have to say, I don't like P:M Ganon as much because he IS different. I like him, but more to just play for fun. Even though I don't usually play competitively, I would never use him competitively for P:M. Even just with the flame choke left from Brawl, I feel maybe half as good with him, Link, Mario, and Falcon in P:M as I do in Melee, but I feel WAY better with Samus, Marth, and Sheik in P:M, not to mention 90% of my Brawl mains were new characters like Snake, Wolf, and Wario. One of my friends mains Falco in Melee as well and he says that he likes P:M Falco, but not as much as the Melee version, so he mains Captain Falcon instead. I don't know. I guess it varies from person to person based on how well you know every little technical thing about your character. Also, it is called Project MELEE for a reason. If someone wants a more Brawl play styled character, why not just play Brawl? You could say the same for Melee, which is why I do play Melee more, although I feel like Project M is a nice balance between the two. Sure Melee is unbalanced (Has anyone other than Fox or Falco beaten Fox or Falco lately?), but it's not exactly likely that you'll see Brawl Ganon or Ike or even Wolf beating Diddy or Meta Knight either. At least those characters can match up with Sheik, Marth, Falco, and Fox with the near unlimited balancing and editing that Project M can have. Why not make every character as good as they can be as long as they aren't unbeatable, but with moveset editing, it can be done. I mean, look at Bowser! Not god tier or anything, but he's definitely improved even without actually changing anything other than the attributes of his already existing moves.
:notimp: samus is short, what happened?
Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 02:29:30 AM
When I first heard those announcer calls, I thought they sounded a bit off.
Now that I know where they come from, I'm surprised they didn't end up even worse.
And while a bit of distinction wouldn't hurt, without the proper recording equipment and know-how, they might might as well invest their time and money on things they have the means to make more distinctive.
For instance, I didn't think someone could make Falco more generic and insipid than the SSBB devs, but it looks like I was dead wrong. I don't care if you have a maniac tournament Falco player holding a knife to your throat, but I want you to fire whoever did all those lazy copy-paste Melee movesets and replace them with the guys who came up with actually creative ideas to de-clone Toon Link, Wolf and Lucario.
Honestly, I had fun playing with those, experimenting with their new stuff and the rest of the cast that recieved changes. But then I come to the top tier guys and all I can read is "return to their former glory", "restoration", "replica", "remade to match Melee".
You're giving both tournament AND non-tournament players reasons to play most of your characters over their Brawl/Melee equivalents. Why stop applying that constructive logic whenever you get closer to the Melee top tiers. Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?
tl;dr: Is there any point for me, "casual" player, to play any of the copy-paste characters that I've already played for more than 7 years?
Oh boy, here we go...
Quote from: iwantgames on December 15, 2013, 03:21:58 AM
:notimp: samus is short, what happened?
Short? You mean, her running animation is more inclined making her appear to be more short, right? Since I've never noticed any height difference between her on both Melee and Brawl o.O.
nope, just short period.
I used other m model and it looked short in p:m so I did a comparison, and it turned out she was shorter. in brawl samus is taller than ike, in p:m she is shorter than ike. brawl model is bulky so it isn't noticeable, nor does it look weird in p:m. use an import over her and it's looks weird because it will be shorter than all or most of the other characters.
Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 02:29:30 AM
Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?
tl;dr: Is there any point for me, "casual" player, to play any of the copy-paste characters that I've already played for more than 7 years?
It's not so much about how intolerant they are to change. It's more that the better a character did in Melee, the less change they underwent, generally. Remember, this game was made for competitive smash players, but the game it's based on is Melee, so we brought back what worked in competitive Melee and went from there.
(Although, I do think it's fair to assume that the worse a character is, the more its players would appreciate change.)
Is there any point for a casual player to play the Melee tops in Project M? If you look at the character in a vacuum, no, not really. However, the Melee tops finally have an entire viable cast of characters they now have to fend off and learn how to fight, which may not be as exciting as having new moves, but you can't really say that you might as well just play Melee. It's the same character, but it's a very new game.
Still, I don't expect you'll be excited by that, and I don't blame you, but why should we take that away from people who will be, especially since they're the kind of players who started this game, and that's always been the audience we've aimed at. In short: if you want an entirely new character, we've provided that. If players want to revisit the top Melee characters in a new game, we've provided that, too.
That way, there's something for everyone, which is what we thought Sakurai forgot about Brawl. He deliberately took away things that competitive players want. Instead, we're choosing to cater to both audiences, but that will certainly mean that not every decision pleases each camp.
I hope this is the right place to tell this, but I found out Pichu is possibly gonna be in the next version of Project M I viewed the common5 file for it I found an icon titled, "InfStc.351" when I viewed it and it contained a Pichu Icon it can't be just a placeholder cause it looks like a custom made Icon
Just letting the vBrawl users know, the Dr. Mario pac/pcs doesn't work on vBrawl without some editing, as it carries its own cape and messes up the down-B.
Ok, WHY the hell is everybody busting an arm and leg to get Pichu back? Pichu is probably the worst character in the existence of smash bros. just use pikachu for petes sake!
Quote from: Brstmguy on December 15, 2013, 04:03:37 AM
I hope this is the right place to tell this, but I found out Pichu is possibly gonna be in the next version of Project M I viewed the common5 file for it I found an icon titled, "InfStc.351" when I viewed it and it contained a Pichu Icon it can't be just a placeholder cause it looks like a custom made Icon
That was done as a troll move, buddy. Smashboards already talked that up. XD
Sorry that you got your hopes up. ¦D
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 15, 2013, 04:12:33 AM
Ok, WHY the hell is everybody busting an arm and leg to get Pichu back? Pichu is probably the worst character in the existence of smash bros. just use pikachu for petes sake!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
anyway, I was better with Pichu than Pikach in Melee. And yes, they may be the same, but they are not exactly the same. they are different, but the same. I found pichu was just a character that was more fun to play as.
Pichu wasn't particularly great, but he's one of my favorite characters to troll with when I play Smash with some guys on campus. They mostly pick the "normal" characters when we play Melee (Falco, Fox, Sheik, etc) so I like to use low tiers to mess with them. Good times.
Eww. Pichu.
Quote from: br3compactor on December 15, 2013, 04:12:20 AM
Just letting the vBrawl users know, the Dr. Mario pac/pcs doesn't work on vBrawl without some editing, as it carries its own cape and messes up the down-B.
That's why you export the model and textures from the P:M costume into a clean Mario PAC :P
Truth is I never played as Pichu considering Brawl was my first smash bros game and I haven't unlocked Pichu in my copy of Melee I bought I am wondering though how the group managed to give Dr. Mario his pills, yet keep Mario's Fireballs.
Quote from: HaloedHero on December 15, 2013, 03:57:51 AM
It's not so much about how intolerant they are to change. It's more that the better a character did in Melee, the less change they underwent, generally. Remember, this game was made for competitive smash players, but the game it's based on is Melee, so we brought back what worked in competitive Melee and went from there.
I really feel that there's a gross misunderstanding here on that whole "what worked in Melee", which kinda surprises me considering you guys have been working on nothing but that for years now. What worked in Melee were its mechanics, the effective and coherent movesets, stuff like that. The things that you've already understood and applied to other fighters. That's what made Falco good, not the fact he's a boring copy-paste of Fox.
You can't just say "well, that worked, so no use fixing what isn't broken", that's just not how game design works. Game design is not finding the optimal setup and then sticking with it, that's Math. It's about finding different optimals every time, which is something that's been done rather successfully on Toon Link, or even Samus. There was no need to add the Ice Beam, for instance. But you did it anyway instead of just, y'know, tweaking a few numbers to balance Samus out and call it a day.
Not to mention, you really can't say Melee Falco "worked" either. He was a generic Fox clone. That's not "working" in my book.
Quote from: HaloedHero on December 15, 2013, 03:57:51 AMIs there any point for a casual player to play the Melee tops in Project M? If you look at the character in a vacuum, no, not really. However, the Melee tops finally have an entire viable cast of characters they now have to fend off and learn how to fight, which may not be as exciting as having new moves, but you can't really say that you might as well just play Melee. It's the same character, but it's a very new game.
I've seen that brought forward on the website too, and I still can't help but feel this is incredibly flawed. Putting the same characters in a different situation isn't changing the characters in any way, just as adding new DLC levels doesn't suddenly make a new game, especially if those levels don't bring foward new mechanics.
In a nutshell, it's still the same Fox and Falco and Captain Falcon I'm playing. And in the frequent occurence where you'd have a match with two of the Melee top tiers, lo and behold, it's not a "very new game" anymore at all.
Quote from: HaloedHero on December 15, 2013, 03:57:51 AMThat way, there's something for everyone, which is what we thought Sakurai forgot about Brawl. He deliberately took away things that competitive players want. Instead, we're choosing to cater to both audiences, but that will certainly mean that not every decision pleases each camp.
But there's
not something for everyone, that's the main problem. You've tuned all the regular characters to be tournament-friendly AND casual-friendly, but completely left out the second part for Melee top tiers. Pragmatically speaking, you're alienating a major part of your audience (target or not, I don't really care) from a decent portion of your cast. That's the exact opposite of "for everyone".
On those characters, you're deliberately taking away things that casual players wanted (variety, personnality), and catering those players to the rest of the cast. In a way, that isn't all that much better than Sakurai did when he catered tournament-players towards playing only Metaknight, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Diddy and such.
Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 11:56:35 AM
I really feel that there's a gross misunderstanding here on that whole "what worked in Melee", which kinda surprises me considering you guys have been working on nothing but that for years now. What worked in Melee were its mechanics, the effective and coherent movesets, stuff like that. The things that you've already understood and applied to other fighters. That's what made Falco good, not the fact he's a boring copy-paste of Fox.
You can't just say "well, that worked, so no use fixing what isn't broken", that's just not how game design works. Game design is not finding the optimal setup and then sticking with it, that's Math. It's about finding different optimals every time, which is something that's been done rather successfully on Toon Link, or even Samus. There was no need to add the Ice Beam, for instance. But you did it anyway instead of just, y'know, tweaking a few numbers to balance Samus out and call it a day.
Not to mention, you really can't say Melee Falco "worked" either. He was a generic Fox clone. That's not "working" in my book.
While the animations may be largely identical, Fox and Falco vastly different physics and hitbox settings that make the characters play different enough in competitive play, especially in mid and higher levels while having them both work competitively, effectively making them different characters.
Keep in mind that lots of companies/franchises have been successful by sticking with what worked with minor changes, like most franchises made by Capcom back in the late 80s and 90s, such as the NES Mega Man games.
Changing movesets for the sake of changing them hasn't always worked out well for other franchises like Soul Calibur.
The reason characters like Toon Link and Samus have been changed is because they needed altercations to their toolset to better fit in the PM environment and to be able to compete with the rest of the cast better. There are occasions where simple number tweaks aren't gonna cut it and characters like Toon Link and Samus are a great example. style is a staple of Melee anFalco's Melee moveset already has all that he needs to compete effectively not to mention his Melee d PM, so there is no purpose in changing in what works for Falco.
Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 11:56:35 AM
I've seen that brought forward on the website too, and I still can't help but feel this is incredibly flawed. Putting the same characters in a different situation isn't changing the characters in any way, just as adding new DLC levels doesn't suddenly make a new game, especially if those levels don't bring foward new mechanics.
In a nutshell, it's still the same Fox and Falco and Captain Falcon I'm playing. And in the frequent occurence where you'd have a match with two of the Melee top tiers, lo and behold, it's not a "very new game" anymore at all.
But there's not something for everyone, that's the main problem. You've tuned all the regular characters to be tournament-friendly AND casual-friendly, but completely left out the second part for Melee top tiers. Pragmatically speaking, you're alienating a major part of your audience (target or not, I don't really care) from a decent portion of your cast. That's the exact opposite of "for everyone".
On those characters, you're deliberately taking away things that casual players wanted (variety, personnality), and catering those players to the rest of the cast. In a way, that isn't all that much better than Sakurai did when he catered tournament-players towards playing only Metaknight, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Diddy and such.
Actually, even though characters like Fox and Falco are largely the same as Melee, playing them in PM IS a new experience while staying familiar. The mechanics and game around them have changed to the point where it's a different flavor. There are new techniques to use(Footstooling), new and improved characters to fight, and more environments and such that were not present in Melee Their Matchups and such are also very different in PM due to the larger variety of viable characters.
There's definitely things for casuals and the like to appreciate in PM though they aren't always easy to notice. For example, 2 changes that have gone under the radar that were made were:
1. Computer players no longer have a preference for ganging up on the human player in 4 player scenarios
2. Many items/Pokemon/Assist Trophy parameters were adjusted to better suit balance.
While some may disagree, keep in mind that there are players of all walks that felt that items in brawl were far too overpowered and I think the changes I did to them so far suit their wants.
Edit: If you want a Falco in PM that has what you want, I recommend doing it yourselves. You guys definitely have the tools to do so. While we may not support it, we have no problem with you editing Falco's PSA to be what you want and putting it on Brawlvault, as long as we're credited for the original PM Falco assets.
Quote from: iwantgames on December 15, 2013, 03:50:57 AM
nope, just short period.
I used other m model and it looked short in p:m so I did a comparison, and it turned out she was shorter. in brawl samus is taller than ike, in p:m she is shorter than ike. brawl model is bulky so it isn't noticeable, nor does it look weird in p:m. use an import over her and it's looks weird because it will be shorter than all or most of the other characters.
Samus is Melee Samus size
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 15, 2013, 03:18:16 PM
Samus is Melee Samus size
ok, just wanted to know what happened.
thanks
Quote from: Scout on December 15, 2013, 02:56:32 AM
Also adding that changing that could (censored) off a ton of top tier people that uses fox and falco BECAUSE of their melee predecessors. Believe me, aton of guys at my gaming club love fox/falco the way they are. And I seen alot of pm tourney displaying just how great and technical using those two are. It is best not to fix whats not broken, and just leave that melee influence alone.
And I'm saying this, not because I disagree with you (I want this change to happen), but for all of those annoying competitive guys who spent hours and hours training with characters that are hard to master would probably just stop playing pm altogether.
Besides, there is alot for casual players now.
If I'm reading correctly, Miacis, you're saying this guy's friends, who are happy that we brought back Melee Falco, don't deserve to keep that, because there are people who would like to play something different. Forgive me if I don't think that's as unassailably fair as you do.
I'll put it another way. Say you were in charge of the PMBR, and you decided to change Falco, and a Falco main walked up to you and asked why. The answer would be, "His moves looked too similar to Fox, so we changed him."
Say he responded, "But he played totally different, even though they appear similar. If you think they were too similar, you don't understand the character at all. I actually liked that he and Fox appeared similar but played totally differently, because it made sense to me, since they're on the same team, but they're also rivals. Seeing them use similar fighting styles in their own unique way was really fun for me. Now Falco's just got a bunch of weird stuff that you guys made up that doesn't make any sense, and we've completely lost that unique connection between the two characters."
Would you completely ignore his opinion that it's OK for Fox and Falco to be similar and that it's not inherently lazy or boring?
The problem is that you're not wrong, but we're not wrong either, so there's not really a lot I can say beyond my initial response. If you choose to disagree with it, that's fine, but no matter what you say, there's no right or wrong answer here. There is no "this is good game design" and "this is bad game design" no matter how many people try to reduce it to those terms.
Basically, you're choosing to see our decisions as "mistakes," whereas I've tried to point out that they're not perfect, but that there is no perfect answer.
Question to all the P:M developers, is there a list somewhere that tells me what songs I have to replace for the new stages? I wanna add some songs to Skyloft.
Quote from: Abbi on December 15, 2013, 06:52:14 PM
Question to all the P:M developers, is there a list somewhere that tells me what songs I have to replace for the new stages? I wanna add some songs to Skyloft.
actually, skyloft is over hanenbow, a stage with only one song.
As for all the Falco recloning talk, I just want to point out one major detail...
Project M was literally made from the sole attempt at making Falco play like Melee. after making him play like melee, other characters were adjusted, and thus we have PM how it is today.
While it shows, I know I have a friend that mains Falco in Melee but can't stand him in PM, I haven't the slightest why, but he still feels different enough.
Overall I guess the idea is that Falco in a melee setting is already near perfection, and needs no edits, similar to that of say Marth, while the likes of Link and Samus suck in a melee setting and thus need to be edited, thus, viability has a big impact on moveset changes.
Quote from: Bad Box Art Gnorc on December 15, 2013, 06:55:25 PM
actually, skyloft is over hanenbow, a stage with only one song.
Only one song? Alright, as long as I can replace it I'm fine. Thank you.
@Haloed: Whenever I tried to argue the whole Falco De-Cloning issue. What I actually wanted was to see Falco's gameplay change in a way that makes him fundamentally different from Fox, beyond animations differences, physics differences, and a difference in numbers for their programming in their attacks. It doesn't matter how much you put a spin on it, the fact will always remain that he plays and looks too much like Fox.
I wanted Falco to become a character whose focus is based one the phrase you hear when he calls the Landmaster: "Personally, I prefer the air!". I wanted his moveset to reflect that statement. More emphasis on juggling, off-stage and on-stage aerial combos, and an ability to stay airborne for a decent amount of time rather than having him fall like a rock physics-wise. Having most of his ground-based attack and throws make his opponent airborne, and having cancels and new moves that facilitate a superior aerial combo game than his Melee incarnation, and maybe replacing a Special or two to compliment such a moveset. You don't have to take away absolutely everything he has to achieve that.
I've kinda stopped caring about it though. Not much point in arguing with those who won't acknowledge any amount of merit to the idea.
Quote from: Velen on December 15, 2013, 08:06:17 PM
It doesn't matter how much you put a spin on it, the fact will always remain that he plays and looks too much like Fox.
That is entirely an opinion, no matter how much you try to spin it as a fact.
Quote from: HaloedHero on December 15, 2013, 09:54:20 PM
That is entirely an opinion, no matter how much you try to spin it as a fact.
Wrong. It is fact, and the evidence is plain to see for anyone who cares to be observant.
Quote from: Velen on December 15, 2013, 09:57:32 PM
Wrong. It is fact, and the evidence is plain to see for anyone who cares to be observant.
You thinking it's a fact is just your opinion.
Fact ≠ Opinion. Learn that, and life will be so much easier.
Also, it seems that no matter how careful I am to point out that there are differing opinions on the subject and neither is wrong, I still have to listen to people accuse me of thinking there's no merit in the other side's idea, even though I JUST SAID there was nothing wrong with it in my last post and that it just didn't happen to be the way we went.
You can paint me as some kind of elitist monster all you want. I've acknowledged that your opinion has merit. Meanwhile, you continue to tell me that it's a fact that our opinion is wrong.
Who's the one who won't acknowledge the validity of the opposing opinion again?
Enough... just leave Falco the way he is. There is no rule that says that there can be no clones. Why does he has to be an aerialist? why does he need to be decloned? would project m team risk in actually mess up a a completely usable character?
No, one cannot be onesided, you must think on both sides in order to make an argument with no flaws. We have this whole casual vs competitive debate here for what exactly? Just so one character can be changed? Really? And the rest? You cannot strip what Falcon users grew to know and love, and I personally know of 20... not one... not two... 20 people in our club that uses Falco and actually DISLIKES fox because he is different. I am one of the two guys that bring project m to that club and I would not like to see the disappointing looks of those people. And it doesn't matter who you are, it doesn't matter how do you approach brawl. NO game can be perfect, no game can satisfy anybody, no matter how perfect or well designed it is.
I am a casual player, and guess what? I want Falco unchanged you know why? I main him for tournaments. Believe me, I would like if he flapped his wings and flied or dance the gangman style for lols, but... guess what? In the end I won't longer be using him for the tournaments.
Besides, there is more topics that needs to be discussed about balancing the already existing cast than breaking an balanced character and it is best that this topic would be changed before shots are fired.
And this is just, my opinion.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 15, 2013, 01:39:09 PM
While the animations may be largely identical, Fox and Falco vastly different physics and hitbox settings that make the characters play different enough in competitive play, especially in mid and higher levels while having them both work competitively, effectively making them different characters.
But that is completely irrelevant to my point. I'm not talking about minute changes in character properties and how it can satisfy tournament players. I'm talking about casual players and the quest for giving characters their own personnality. "Jumps higher, blasts stronger, runs slower" is not a what I call originality.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 15, 2013, 01:39:09 PMKeep in mind that lots of companies/franchises have been successful by sticking with what worked with minor changes, like most franchises made by Capcom back in the late 80s and 90s, such as the NES Mega Man games.
That used to work 20 years ago. Not so much nowadays. But even then, as soon as Megaman X came in, people immediately jumped onto it. And for fighting games, yeah, SC [censored]ed up their transition. Take a game like UMvC3 and you've got a game which changed things, yet didn't mess up.
Because, as I already mentionned, changes and quality are unrelated. You can make changes and not do crap, and people will be happy. Alternatively, you can not do anything, but after 7 years of the same don't expect to receive more than a lukewarm reception.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 15, 2013, 01:39:09 PMActually, even though characters like Fox and Falco are largely the same as Melee, playing them in PM IS a new experience while staying familiar. The mechanics and game around them have changed to the point where it's a different flavor. There are new techniques to use(Footstooling), new and improved characters to fight, and more environments and such that were not present in Melee Their Matchups and such are also very different in PM due to the larger variety of viable characters.
I know it's a tradition when talking metagame to blow out of proportion small things, but we're talking about regular players, who will use footstooling about as often as you can expect. The fact that Falco is a complete copy-paste of his Melee counterpart is way more of an eye-catcher than the fact that hey, some very specific mechanics are a bit different.
Basically, what you're telling me is that
there's definitely things for casuals and the like to appreciate in PM... but I won't find them in the top tiers, which only the tournament players might enjoy.
And I say this is kind of a stupid approach.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 15, 2013, 01:39:09 PMIf you want a Falco in PM that has what you want, I recommend doing it yourselves.
In case it was not obvious, I was talking about the current build of the game. .-.
"Do it yourselves" is nice and all, but what I'm kinda talking about is what the game is currently offering me and how I find it quite lackluster.
Quote from: HaloedHeroIf I'm reading correctly, Miacis, you're saying this guy's friends, who are happy that we brought back Melee Falco, don't deserve to keep that, because there are people who would like to play something different. Forgive me if I don't think that's as unassailably fair as you do.
Nostalgia makes a poor mistress. She makes you yearn for what you already possess, and stops you from acquiring what you could possess. I'm sure I can find a few people in my entourage who really missed the old Young Link, and would be most delighted to see it RESTORED TO HIS FORMER GLORY, yet would enjoy the new one even more.
Following your logic, you guys have been
very unfairly breaking the hopes and dreams of all [insert non-top tier Melee character here] by changing their movesets. It's a logic which assumes that people cannot aquire new tastes, and it's kinda silly.
Quote from: HaloedHeroWould you completely ignore his opinion that it's OK for Fox and Falco to be similar and that it's not inherently lazy or boring?
I'd answer:
"I understand your concerns about the new moveset. However, we deemed that this major Melee fighter deserved a more distinctive move pool, while still keeping some of his aspects that made him so unique to play. No worries, though, he's retained a lot of tricks he's learnt from the Starfox team! He just uses them in his very own way, like the rebel he is. We've put a lot of effort into making him as balanced and effective a character as possible, and I hope you'll try it before making a judgement on him. He might even grow on you."(This is a fun roleplay, btw.)
Oh, and please don't twist my words. I never said to make him completely different. I said to make him not a [censored]ing replica, aka, you should keep several similarities between the two to still have that "rivals" connection. You know, like for Wolf. (But without the silly Landmaster think I suppose. )
Even Mario and Luigi have more distinctive movesets, and they're [censored]ing
brothers.
Quote from: HaloedHeroThere is no "this is good game design" and "this is bad game design" no matter how many people try to reduce it to those terms.
You're not giving any good reason for a large part of your audience to play many of your characters. You may say it's a purely subjective flaw, but that doesn't make it true.
Quote from: HaloedHeroThat is entirely an opinion, no matter how much you try to spin it as a fact.
Okay, it's an opinion. It's a strong, argumented opinion. What now?
Well going into this Falco argument.
Some people are already ticked off with some changes made to the P:M versions of Brawl newcomers...
Like a friend of mine who hates how Lucario basically became Lucaryu.
Or me with Lucas... I dislike the P:M version for getting rid of some of the things that made the character fun for me to play as. Zap Jumping, PK Fire into PK Shield to air dash... Etc etc.
I think Falco mains could stand to have their character changed a slight bit too.
Maybe not ALL the moves. But look at Ken and Ryu. Ken over the years has started getting his own moves. While still being VERY similar to Ryu, Ken puts his own spin on things. He also has new specials, and supers.
Why can't Falco have this? A few different normals and whatnot?
why not balance "brawl falco" in a melee context?
he is still very similar to melee falco in most of the animations, but has some new distinctive moves, and instead of thinking of ways to make these moves fit the P:M context you say, u know what? [censored] this [censored] and lets just make melee falco.
You guys love beating this dead horse of an argument that has been had numerous times over the past couple of years don't you?
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 16, 2013, 01:57:09 AM
You guys love beating this dead horse of an argument that has been had numerous times over the past couple of years don't you?
agreed, let's start a new conversation; like somehow getting brinstar depths to spin?
Tell a giant lava monster thing to slap it.
That'll make it spin fo sho.
hold on, i wasn't taking notes... okay, and what motivation should we give this said lava monster named kraid?
If there's any character that was restored to argue about, it would be Ganon, :P and apparently I'm the only Ganon main that doesn't like the P:M version a whole lot. I still like to use him occasionally, but I don't feel like I could rely on him to be my main like in Melee. Regardless, I'll just let it go since there are plenty of other characters to choose from. Hell, I love Snake, so I'll just main Ganon in Melee. Works for me since I have a different main in every SSB game anyway. Just my opinion, but someone who is really good at the game is someone who can master any character based on what they're given to work with.
Anyway, wouldn't getting Kraid to spin the platform have to be scripted to go specifically a certain direction at a certain time with a loop rather than randomly like the Melee version? Although, then there's Port Town which always moves the same way, but hits the stops in a random order so... jfdklsa;jifaf so confusing!
I was playing turbo with my friend. Giga v giga is insane. Just keep
Using down b then go into an up smash or down air. Who ever thought of turbo is awesome.
How dare you guys talk negatively about PM. Like, seriously.
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 16, 2013, 03:52:11 AM
I was playing turbo with my friend. Giga v giga is insane. Just keep
Using down b then go into an up smash or down air. Who ever thought of turbo is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuFpmoKUVQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuFpmoKUVQ)
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 16, 2013, 03:52:11 AM
I was playing turbo with my friend. Giga v giga is insane. Just keep
Using down b then go into an up smash or down air. Who ever thought of turbo is awesome.
This^ x9001
I love going on Turbo against a lvl. 9 cpu Giga Bowser while using Roy/Marth at a 0.5 ratio. I don't think it can get more intense than that [censored]!
Quote from: SJS on December 16, 2013, 04:00:55 AM
How dare you guys talk negatively about PM. Like, seriously.
Talking negatively isn't the issue. Raising an argument that has been raised a thousand times and has been beaten to death is.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 16, 2013, 04:58:26 AM
Talking negatively isn't the issue. Raising an argument that has been raised a thousand times and has been beaten to death is.
If people have something to say let them say it... without making them feel stupid for having said it.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 16, 2013, 04:58:26 AM
Talking negatively isn't the issue. Raising an argument that has been raised a thousand times and has been beaten to death is.
I am so so sorry for raising what I felt was valid criticism. Next time we talk about such things, I'll make sure to
be too nice with my 'feedback' and as a result leave completely unconstructive comments instead of digging into the more painful subjects.
But even in a
thousand times, I've yet to see a definitive answer that isn't simply "oh, just shut up already." It's obviously a very debatable subject, so I'd rather not this interesting conversation get dropped right when we were starting to get into its detail.
Quote from: Miacis on December 16, 2013, 06:05:01 AM
I am so so sorry for raising what I felt was valid criticism. Next time we talk about such things, I'll make sure to be too nice with my 'feedback' and as a result leave completely unconstructive comments instead of digging into the more painful subjects.
But even in a thousand times, I've yet to see a definitive answer that isn't simply "oh, just shut up already." It's obviously a very debatable subject, so I'd rather not this interesting conversation get dropped right when we were starting to get into its detail.
fair enough.
I have a definitive answer for you Miacis.
People in the competitive scene don't want to see Falco Luigified, and since we're catering more to them, it's more or less a given that he won't be Luigified.
If you want to change Falco, that's fine, but we're not going to do it any time soon.
thing is though, the P:M team has already stated they won't be changing it, so even though we may all express our opinions, it is kind of useless, since P:M is not a democratic mod or anything like that...
anyway, is it possible to tool assist P:M?
EDIT: ninja'd...
Quote from: ds22 on December 16, 2013, 11:09:59 AM
I have a definitive answer for you Miacis.
People in the competitive scene don't want to see Falco Luigified, and since we're catering more to them, it's more or less a given that he won't be Luigified.
If you want to change Falco, that's fine, but we're not going to do it any time soon.
That sounds more like an extremely vague dismissal than an actual answer.
Are you saying that nobody in the competitive scene objected to seeing the other characters change?
How can those anti-change-for-top-tiers people dislike something that hasn't even been tried?
What was the process when changing other movesets? Did you make a some sort of poll to see if people wanted to see changes or not before modifying anything? Or did you simply change stuff for the better, then fine tuned it?
If it's the latter, why was that method specifically not used for all the top tier characters?
More importantly, how can't the PMBR even seem to understand that it's a problem to give no incentive to play some of their characters for a major part of their audience (main ornot)?
Really, that raised more questions than it actually answered.
No, not really.
I answered the question if we were going to revamp/Luigify Falco or not, and that's that.
If you can't see an answer in my last post, then that's your problem, and not mine.
Nice try, but you're giving me an answer to a question I have never asked. If you had followed the discussion instead of taking turns with the others, you'd have noticed what I was actually asking (and suggesting). It's a lot more broad (and fascinating, if I may say so myself) than "Can you make Falco Luigified?"
Not that "people asked for it" is even much of an answer to the why of it all either. More like a polite version of the usual "just shut up already".
Makes me wonder if you guys even really know why you've been alienating casual players from all the Melee top tiers, or if you actually believed that everyone would love the bland replicas over having original content? oô
I lol'd.
But really, there's no point discussing this further (especially with you), as everything has been pretty much covered already, and you trying to prolong this discussion for the sake of discussion is laughable at best.
anyone wanna P:M online?
@ ds22: Good way to contribute to the conversation here... If you have nothing to say, please don't make a post about it.
Just let people who want to discuss things discuss it. You honestly haven't been very helpful in answering any of my numerous remarks, and it's not like this is anything short of a civilized debate here.
So wait, what's the argument here? Why was Falco re-cloned to mimic his role in melee and not other characters from that game?
Alienating casual players? Stricltly catering to Tourney[censored]s?
If every character was given a toon link/wolf/lucario revamp, wouldn't that be 100% alienating tourney[censored]s and strictly catering to casual players? Since they would be getting 0 characters from their beloved melee, giving them no reason (in their minds) to migrate over or even try out PM?
I mean yeah, if you JUST look at falco, it's completely 1 sided. Only caring about what one portion of the community thinks the character should be but in the grand scheme of things he's only 1 character. Maybe a mish-mosh of 100% melee and revamps isn't the best way to give something to everyone but I do think it's the only way in this case.
I think the way they handled this project was pretty acceptable. There are compromises for both casual and competitive players. Meleeheads get their what? 4-ish/41 carbon-copy melee characters and casual players also get a bunch of new [censored] to muk around with.
In a game where the initial goal was to recreate melee falco in brawl, I'd say the project bloomed into something that surpringly gave a lot of *new* things for casual payers.
also fyi i'd like to classify myslef as a casual if it's at all relevant.
It isn't because it's just you being a snarky smartass and trying to force a tired discussion that nobody wants to discuss. You know Miacis for an admin (and having been one for so long) your complete lack of any sort of professionalism is laughable
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 15, 2013, 10:03:38 PM
You thinking it's a fact is just your opinion.
Also can we all just appreciate this comment for a moment?
@StarWaffle: Maybe I'm having a bit of trouble making myself understood there, or I've really missed the point of Toon Link and friends.
The way I understand it, even characters that were given revamps were designed to be enjoyable for tourneyheads, not just casuals. The way the characters are described on the website sure makes it seem that way, in any case. Was I wrong in assuming that?
I just don't agree with the assumption that there is a large enough category of people in their audience who wouldn't accept to play anything BUT a 100% replica. Without the nostalgia goggles, ie, after having tried a revamped (but tourney-friendly) iteration.
And really, I'm taking Falco as the most obvious example (since that "replication" causes him to lose the little personality he had in Brawl), but since the beginning, all I've been talking about are the Melee top tiers.
I'm not saying it's currently all for tourneyheads or that the project is even bad. I just find it a bit disheartening that there is such an imbalance of tourney attaction VS casual attraction on those characters, whereas the others have been (so I've read) balanced to be enjoyable by both.
@SDoom: Thank you for the meaningful contribution. Sure, I enjoy wasting my time here, getting insulted left and right by you people, just for the sake of being a "snarky smartass".
Quote from: StarWaffle on December 16, 2013, 02:49:30 PM
Also can we all just appreciate this comment for a moment?
I can.
Anyway, If anyone wants to play PM Wifi with me, PM me on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and on Weekends. If I respond in a timely manner, that means I'm getting ready and am available.
I'm up for no item serious battles and item battles with all of them on low, just say which when PMing me.
btw, i've never been a tec-expert in melee, all i could do was wave dash with fox, never even mastered the down-B wavedash combo, so i was thinking, could anyone that is good at P:M teching make some basic guides for semi-noobs like me to adapt to the game, i've been maining ganondorf ever since 3.0 came out, and well, i only just figured out the timing for a wave dash...
so yeah, any pro-tips?
oh, and miacis, really, the point of P:M was to attract tourneyheads in the first place, those are priority number one, but while they were at it, they probably though, "hey, let's do some original stuff here and there that maybe some people might be happy with", and thus they took NEWCOMERs and made them even newer, so that indeed, casual players (not even the main target) would found it interesting to play with these characters, while tourneyheads still have their favourite characters in there. While i'd like to see a de-cloned falco probably as much as you, i do understand their point, tourneyheads had a couple of mains in melee, so they just gave them those as they were, and balanced the rest of the cast around that tier.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 16, 2013, 02:44:54 PM
It isn't because it's just you being a snarky smartass and trying to force a tired discussion that nobody wants to discuss. You know Miacis for an admin (and having been one for so long) your complete lack of any sort of professionalism is laughable
I'm finding this statement ironic for some reason...
As if your contribution to this thread has been all that great Miacis.
It's like Silentdoom said, the only thing you're doing here is force a tired discussion that pretty much everyone has grown wary of, and instead of being professional in your remarks, you're being nothing but a snarky smartass, which I find hilariously pathetic on your part.
Quote from: ds22 on December 16, 2013, 03:03:57 PM
As if your contribution to this thread has been all that great Miacis.
It's like Silentdoom said, the only thing you're doing here is force a tired discussion that pretty much everyone has grown wary of, and instead of being professional in your remarks, you're being nothing but a snarky smartass, and seeing your status as an admin, the lack of professionalism is hilariously pathetic.
-and you at the PMBR are just the poster boys for professionalism yourselves? Considering your own comments, and past conduct, including a certain incident...
10-4, this reality speaking, you are cleared to land anytime now.
Quote from: dikekoj on December 16, 2013, 03:00:54 PM
btw, i've never been a tec-expert in melee, all i could do was wave dash with fox, never even mastered the down-B wavedash combo, so i was thinking, could anyone that is good at P:M teching make some basic guides for semi-noobs like me to adapt to the game, i've been maining ganondorf ever since 3.0 came out, and well, i only just figured out the timing for a wave dash...
so yeah, any pro-tips?
Well wavedash timing is different for each character mainly due to them all having different jump squat times. There might be a chart of all of them somewhere which I can drop here if I find it.
I think the main thing about the guides is that pretty much all the tech in PM is from both Melee and Brawl already. However I do agree that guides for PM would still be useful (I personally wouldn't be too good for making them as I'm not all that great at tech skill myself but I can definitely bring the point up).
Quote from: dikekoj on December 16, 2013, 03:00:54 PM
btw, i've never been a tec-expert in melee, all i could do was wave dash with fox, never even mastered the down-B wavedash combo, so i was thinking, could anyone that is good at P:M teching make some basic guides for semi-noobs like me to adapt to the game, i've been maining ganondorf ever since 3.0 came out, and well, i only just figured out the timing for a wave dash...
so yeah, any pro-tips?
As of this time, there are no videos or anything for guides and advice for PM characters. All I can tell you is the first thing you should try to do is L-Cancel consistently.
There is THIS 2006 video for Melee's ATs and over 80% is relevant and possible for PM, so take this for what you will.
SSBM: Advanced How To Play tutorial video (Complete) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckV2MJgBzo#)
No there probably isn't that many people who will refuse to play anything but 100% melee falco BUT trying to persuade meleeheads into even trying out PM is a hard task to accomplish. If they see that any aspect of their characters have changed I don't think they would take the game seriously enough to pick it up. They'll probably see the game as casual-trash. Making the top ~4 carbon copies will cover a big portion of the meleehead's mains since like 90% of their community (probably) uses the top tiers.
Yeah I think the rest of the cast was made to be enjoyed by both casual and competitive players but they needed means of getting meleeheads to even consider picking up the game. I'd imagine it'd be impossible to sell to them otherwise.
For me it's just a compromise. Sure I'd love to have a cool new falco or some new marth moves but who cares, I get to play solo squirtle with a down special! there's enough new content for me to play the game that I don't mind a few melee clones.
I think getting as many competitive players into PM as possible is a justifiable goal since IMO they are gonna be way more loyal in the long run. I feel a LOT of casuals are just gonna drop PM all together when a new smash bros game comes out (like most casual melee players did when brawl came out) Don't get me wrong I love me some smash64/melee every now and again but Smash4 will be the default.
I have just about zero tech skill as well. I've seen that video before and I've tried, but I just lack coordination and reflexes in general, haha.
I'm able to get L-cancelling consistently, though (although I use Z to cancel to avoid throwing up a shield right after), and I've finally managed to get Samus's SWD somewhat consistently, but anything else, like wave dashing/landing, I'm pretty bad at. Oh well.
Don't get too discouraged. This stuff took about 3 months for me to get it down to the point where it's second nature way back in 2006.
I'm probably a bit biased though since I was part of the PM team for awhile but whatever, I'm a smash fan. 64 is fun, Melee is fun, Brawl is fun and PM is fun.
Now see, Star. You're one of the better people in P:M.
I like how instead of bashing Miacis, or parroting the bashing. You gave a valid reason for Falco staying the same.
I can understand this reasoning.
@ StarWaffle: That's a lot of good points... I guess I hadn't thought about the strategic difficulty of getting melee tourneyheads into the game in the first place. That reason sure seems to make more sense overall than what I've been given so far.
I just find it kind of a shame that we're losing out on some original content just because it's difficult for people to try and pick up new stuff. Then again, I suppose I'm not much of an example either (Sm4sh looks incredibly dull to me, yet I still need to try it). But yeah, tactically-speaking, it makes way more sense to have it that way.
Thanks for the answer.
(You should be doing the PMBR's PR more often. You don't insult people or take pages to answer rather simple questions.)^ For anyone out there wondering, that's what it looks like when I'm being a snarky smartass.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 16, 2013, 03:25:47 PM
Now see, Star. You're one of the better people in P:M.
I like how instead of bashing Miacis, or parroting the bashing. You gave a valid reason for Falco staying the same.
I agree with this. Very much. Much applause for a constructive response, Star.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 16, 2013, 03:25:47 PM
Now see, Star. You're one of the better people in P:M.
I like how instead of bashing Miacis, or parroting the bashing. You gave a valid reason for Falco staying the same.
I can understand this reasoning.
I didn't give any reason because I didn't feel the need to and I had already addressed the 'argument' numerous times in the past and felt it was stale. Halo had said whatever I wanted to say and more.
Woah, 3 pages of discussing and arguing for the sake of doing so. Lol
PM was made for the competitive scene, not for the casual players. They want to make Melee players feel they are stepping on known ground when using PM's Falco. Like or or not, it works for people not too involved in the tech side of the game.
EDIT: Waffle ninja'ed me hard. :srs:
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 16, 2013, 03:33:40 PM
I didn't give any reason because I didn't feel the need to and I had already addressed the 'argument' numerous times in the past and felt it was stale. Halo had said whatever I wanted to say and more.
Oh, give it up, SDo0m. Come on. Even
I was satisfied by his response, and you know how often
that happens.
Star did a much better job at explaining his position, and he did so in a much less thorny way than the rest of you did. Even though the argument's been brought up numerous times in the past, he gave a calm, warm, and more amiable response than, well, most of the people from the PMBR who have given responses.
Most of you at the PMBR could learn a thing or two from him.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 16, 2013, 03:33:40 PM
I didn't give any reason because I didn't feel the need to and I had already addressed the 'argument' numerous times in the past and felt it was stale. Halo had said whatever I wanted to say and more.
Neither you nor Halo have been able to give me relevant arguments about my concerns. The least of courtesies when unable to provide help is to leave the place to someone who can, instead of insulting the guy who asked something you don't know what to answer to.
Now that the topic of rudeness is out of the way, I'll go back and play P:M, see if I can find more of those hidden quick-tap taunts. Peace.
Quote from: Velen on December 16, 2013, 03:40:00 PM
Oh, give it up, SDo0m. Come on. Even I was satisfied by his response, and you know how often that happens.
I'd written that response before I'd seen yours or Miacis'. Am I not allowed to justify my position especially considering that I wanted this whole situation to be at rest at least a page so?
And I also missed this new response from Miacis (I should probably turn that annoying prompt back on).
Soooo... anyone up for online?
Is it me, or did the AI get smarter in P:M?
Also, Samus is bad-ass :srs:
Quote from: Segtendo on December 16, 2013, 05:14:10 PM
Is it me, or did the AI get smarter in P:M?
Also, Samus is bad-ass :srs:
The response to both of these statements is yes.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 16, 2013, 02:57:45 PM
I can.
Anyway, If anyone wants to play PM Wifi with me, PM me on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and on Weekends. If I respond in a timely manner, that means I'm getting ready and am available.
I'm up for no item serious battles and item battles with all of them on low, just say which when PMing me.
I'm downloading the wifi set as we write
Post Merge: December 16, 2013, 05:29:55 PM
Quote from: Omega-Zack Fair on December 16, 2013, 04:07:30 PM
Soooo... anyone up for online?
Downloading the wifi set as we speak.
I wanna wifi
http://xat.com/wifi (http://xat.com/wifi)
Quote from: Bad Box Art Gnorc on December 16, 2013, 02:41:51 AM
hold on, i wasn't taking notes... okay, and what motivation should we give this said lava monster named kraid?
Make a badass dubstep remix of his song so he can work for us?
FC's in my sig. Post your FC's here or PM them so we can start adding
EDIT: Nvm, chat's up. Better to post there than spam the thread lol
I'll wifi later tonight if anyone is still online.
Is that PM tournament ever gonna happen? I'll want a piece of that, if so.
I'm bored to tears today so I'm up for a match for the afternoon.
So guys, what would be the general rule for wifi matches? No items and balance stages right? I like to fight without items, still I find it fun to try and win with them, so its up to you.
By the way, my brawl user name is Scout and I have a charizard profile picture. I'll be available in the afternoon.
Code found in my sig.
Quote from: Gravity on December 16, 2013, 05:45:20 PM
Is that PM tournament ever gonna happen? I'll want a piece of that, if so.
I can attempt to do that again, yeah.
I'm fine with items as long as you tell me BEFORE you turn them on.
0818-0539-7227 Someone play with me pls
also chat http://www.xat.com/wifi
Hello!
Wow, I haven't posted here in years. I really like project M, but I hate those stage replacements. Seriously, I know this is supposed to be made for "hardcore gamers", but these N64 stages really look bad. How can I change the stages back to their brawl version, and the portraits ?
Quote from: Feanor on December 16, 2013, 06:49:09 PM
N64 stages really look bad.
Okay. Delete the stages .pacs and the rel of said stages to restore them to their natural vBrawl state.
I'm a competitive player, and OMG I SUCK SOOOO BAD AT TURBO MODE LOL XD.
Quote from: Scout on December 16, 2013, 06:56:11 PM
Okay. Delete the stages .pacs and the rel of said stages to restore them to their natural vBrawl state.
That's all? Thank you! And how do I change the portraits?
Quote from: Feanor on December 16, 2013, 07:25:11 PM
That's all? Thank you! And how do I change the portraits?
You have to change them back manually, try looking for a common_5 file in the resources and extract the original potraits of the stage and importing them to the project m's common_5 file. Vbrawl's common 5 will not work for pm.
I'm sorry, I'm not really a tutorial writer, I hope you understood what I said.
Quote from: Omega-Zack Fair on December 16, 2013, 05:47:41 PM
One thing though, will the PMBR ever make a full Turbo Mode for online use? The item is cool and all, but it'd be better if we could have it permanent for both sides during the whole match instead of it running out or being deactivated by a hit.
bump
The PMBR needs to put Tobacco Reference in their ESRB rating because Snake smuggled cigarettes in his stomach!
Does anyone know where the cigarette texture is so I can retexture it to a cigar?
Any one for online battle?
Star's chat:
http://xat.com/wifi (http://xat.com/wifi)
Quote from: Scout on December 16, 2013, 09:55:05 PM
You have to change them back manually, try looking for a common_5 file in the resources and extract the original potraits of the stage and importing them to the project m's common_5 file. Vbrawl's common 5 will not work for pm.
I'm sorry, I'm not really a tutorial writer, I hope you understood what I said.
Thank you, that helped me a lot. I did that a long time ago, but I think I'll manage.
Quote from: Ryouji Gunblade on December 16, 2013, 10:01:21 PM
The PMBR needs to put Tobacco Reference in their ESRB rating because Snake smuggled cigarettes in his stomach!
Does anyone know where the cigarette texture is so I can retexture it to a cigar?
LOL
FitSnake.pac has the texture and model. Go nuts.
who else is disliking snake's new side-B?
i liked his nikita :(
Yo man, if you guys ever manage to fix lags in wifi matches... I'll name my oncoming puppy "project m"!
Quote from: dikekoj on December 16, 2013, 10:44:22 PM
who else is disliking snake's new side-B?
i liked his nikita :(
Grab your opponent, lay him on the floor, let him roll, tranq him immediately, C4 his (censored), grab, grab attack, lay him on the ground, let him roll, tranq him, grab, grab attack, let him roll, tranq him immediately, grab, grab attack, up throw, expode the c4, reload tranq... rinse and repeat.
Quote from: Scout on December 16, 2013, 10:54:04 PM
Yo man, if you guys ever manage to fix lags in wifi matches... I'll name my oncoming puppy "project m"!
Grab your opponent, lay him on the floor, let him roll, tranq him immediately, C4 his (censored), grab, grab attack, lay him on the ground, let him roll, tranq him, grab, grab attack, let him roll, tranq him immediately, grab, grab attack, up throw, expode the c4, reload tranq... rinse and repeat.
And people wanted Snake to be nerfed LOL.
soooo...
does anybody know of any way to tool assist project M? :srs:
is there SOME way to get it to work on an emulator or something?
Quote from: dikekoj on December 16, 2013, 10:44:22 PM
who else is disliking snake's new side-B?
i liked his nikita :(
I prefer his new side-b.
I found Nikita useless.
it was pretty usefull if used properly though...
it didnt really work for a distance, but for close-up protection it did fine...
Nikita DESTROYED certain characters' recoveries when used right and there were even more creative uses for it, like aiming toward your feet in other situations so that when you get hit, the Nikita lands in the opponent's face.
Now the Tranq Gun is more limited, but has undergone more balancing and has it's uses. If you want to be able to sticky foes and whatnot, you need to build up some damage first. Foes can mash out of sleep too BTW.
As a reminder, try holding the guard Button(L or R) While holding Side B to reload the M9.
I love the tranquilizer. The remote rocket (for me anyway) is about as useful as it was in MGS1; Use it once, then you don't really need it anymore.
Yooooo
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64812.msg1203786#msg1203786 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64812.msg1203786#msg1203786)
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 17, 2013, 04:02:17 AM
Yooooo
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64812.msg1203786#msg1203786 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64812.msg1203786#msg1203786)
Damn. I'd consider entering, but I'll be at MAGFest from the 1st until the 5th. Oh well.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 17, 2013, 07:15:43 AM
Damn. I'd consider entering, but I'll be at MAGFest from the 1st until the 5th. Oh well.
You'll still have time. You will have 5 days to get your battle in.
I'd join too, but my Wii's out of commission (It's not plugged in and I dunno where it's cables are).
first TAS i ever made, just ganondorf comboing Link to death in 11 seconds in turbo mode...
http://youtu.be/MjLLzQaSiZU (http://youtu.be/MjLLzQaSiZU)
i think i'll be making more of these, i quiet enjoy it, and i even learn about how the character's moves really affect the oponent.
I like the tranquilizer gun on snake
Quote from: dikekoj on December 18, 2013, 06:46:19 PM
first TAS i ever made, just ganondorf comboing Link to death in 11 seconds in turbo mode...
http://youtu.be/MjLLzQaSiZU (http://youtu.be/MjLLzQaSiZU)
i think i'll be making more of these, i quiet enjoy it, and i even learn about how the character's moves really affect the oponent.
It looks like you're hopping on Link every time you spike lol
well, yeah, most of the TAS is actually based on what i've managed to pull off in normal gameplay, just erasing part of the human error factor...
already made another one, this time controlling both characters, i'll try to make as much as possible and make my own turbo combo video :D
might as well make a thread for it.
Can anyone walk me through how to use cBliss on 3.0?
So... Are you guys playing Turbo Mode right?
Here's how to tell;
If you aren't using Wario, you aren't doing it right.
His Up+B move is hilariously OP on Turbo Mode. All you have to do is hit someone with the Up+B and you can continue to use Up+B over and over until the player or players fall into the sky. Try it sometime.
No. Even better. Try using Zero Suit's DAir as fast as you can. ;D
Samus Up-B, Up air. Repeat
Or giga bowser down-b over and over
Why not Rob's infinite downsmash?
Just keep using Mario's Down-B + A or Down-Taunt.
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 22, 2013, 03:56:11 PM
Samus Up-B, Up air. Repeat
Or giga bowser down-b over and over
I do that, except with a flamethrower FAir thrown in every so often if I can chain it together long enough.
Ikes up B is cool in Turbo mode too
there should be a turbo mode combo thread xD
i find wavedashing out of a specially close to the ground aerial attack kind of usefull and useless at the same time...
obviously it cancels all the land lag, but i've never found any offensive use to wavedashing...
Wavedashing is for pretty much land controlling and for offensive approaches.
i cant wavedash for the life of me.
Don't give up; just practice.
Things are totally happening big time. Things that will completely change a certain thing forever. What things? Find out soon!
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 23, 2013, 04:58:52 PM
i cant wavedash for the life of me.
A good way to practice wavesplashing is on Hyrule Castle, just try to go down the tower in a smooth back and forth pattern hitting each platform on the way down and try over and over again. Thats how I keep sharp.
I'd suggest training it with Samus or Mario, both of their wavedashing is pretty easy imo.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 23, 2013, 05:13:01 PM
Things are totally happening big time. Things that will completely change a certain thing forever. What things? Find out soon!
Hyyyyyped.
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 23, 2013, 04:58:52 PM
i cant wavedash for the life of me.
Believe me, it's tough to pick up at first, but once you get used to it, you pretty much can't unlearn it, it becomes second nature. I just picked it up a few months ago. Once you get it down, it's not that hard to do. It also varies from character to character so if you're using someone like Ganon or Falco or Marth or Samus, they all handle a bit differently, but that's really only an issue if you're trying to master a specific character.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 23, 2013, 05:13:01 PM
Don't give up; just practice.
Things are totally happening big time. Things that will completely change a certain thing forever. What things? Find out soon!
hmm... I wonder if your bringing back the flipper and parasol?
I always thought wave dashing was just air dodging in any direction, but what is it actually?
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 23, 2013, 09:15:00 PM
I always thought wave dashing was just air dodging in any direction, but what is it actually?
Not exactly. You air dodge into the ground, keeping the momentum from the air dodge which makes you slide on the ground without having to run. (In the case of Falcon and Ganondorf, it allows you to moonwalk if you do it right.) Ground distance varies based on the angle of the air dodge. Probably not quite the best way to put it, but I'm no expert on the subject, I just do it.
well, it's low hopping, and air dodge towards the ground in an angle without actually leaving the floor, making you slide a bit...
the difference between character really only is in how long he takes to "go aerial", and how far he slides... luigi is crazy with his slipperyness...
ninja'd
Oooh. I do that all the time :P lol.
Description says all...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiFMQRIT2xU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiFMQRIT2xU)
That looks awesome
Be careful mochtroid not to imply that one needs to wavedash in order to moonwalk.
Quote from: Szasz on December 26, 2013, 09:58:35 AM
Be careful mochtroid not to imply that one needs to wavedash in order to moonwalk.
I realize that you don't HAVE to, but it's almost impossible to moonwalk with someone like Ganondorf if you don't. The farthest I've gotten him to go without wavedashing is about... nowhere. Literally the spot where he started. Link on the other hand can do it pretty well without wavedashing, better than anyone else as far as I know.
Falcons, Mewtwos and Sonics moonwalk are amazing without wavedashing.
how does moonwalking even work?
Lets say you dash to the right, you would want to get your control stick to the left as fast as possible after the dash. Sounds simple, but.. you'll have to do kind of an "hadouken" motion, if you don't you'll end up with a simple dashdance.
(yes, I know I'm awful at explaining.)
This might help:
Help With Moonwalking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGJeThNnbyw#)
Quote from: dikekoj on December 26, 2013, 05:59:23 PM
how does moonwalking even work?
It basically tricks the game into letting your character run backwards by changing direction without tilting the stick the other direction, but rotating it instead.
One example would be, you could be facing right with Falcon, but with moonwalking, you move left while facing right, allowing you to do something like a reversed knee or something like that. It's a tricky move to pull off, especially with someone like Ganondorf. Characters like Falcon and Link (for some reason) can do pretty well without wavedashing, but Ganon has very little momentum from the start of his dash since he's so slow, so he can't go very far without wavedashing into his moonwalk. Still, it can be done, as shown by Bizzarroflame. :af:
http://youtu.be/zexwVu-kh-I (http://youtu.be/zexwVu-kh-I)
It's amazing what Ganon is actually capable of doing.
So I finally played 3.0. here at home.
I tried Turbo Mode, and I have to say, it feels awkward, and I find it hard to get combos going, or when I start them, I find it very hard to keep them up.
Quote from: Velen on December 28, 2013, 07:01:53 AM
So I finally played 3.0. here at home.
I tried Turbo Mode, and I have to say, it feels awkward, and I find it hard to get combos going, or when I start them, I find it very hard to keep them up.
to get anything done in turbo you need a lot of practice, but you can get very quick kills with it xD
Quote from: dikekoj on December 28, 2013, 08:52:57 AM
to get anything done in turbo you need a lot of practice, but you can get very quick kills with it xD
I noticed that.
For example, Lucario and Mewtwo are definitely my favorite character's to play, but...
- With Lucario, I try to start a combo, but he moves so fast, it's hard for my fingers to keep up and before I know it, I'm simply button-mashing trying to keep it going, which fails of course.
-With Mewtwo. A lot of his moves feel stiff and clunky to me instead of fluid and organic as the site claims with it's page. The moves that felt the most clunky to me were Mewtwo's Jab Combo, his Down-Smash, and his F-Smash. All of them seem to have a similar one-two action as Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch in Smash 64, and even where I managed to on-hit-cancel with them, their KB made continuing the chain nearly impossible. That probably has a lot to do with myself rather than the character though, but it was pretty frustrating.
mewtwo is indeed quiet weird, i hate how his dwn air completely cancels the upward momentum...
Quote from: dikekoj on December 28, 2013, 03:26:32 PM
mewtwo is indeed quiet weird, i hate how his dwn air completely cancels the upward momentum...
I only use his down air while levitating. And it looks cool if you pull it off.
I find Mewtwo's levitation to be very useful in many aspects.
-Recovering from an attack's cooldown offstage. Ex: Normally I would have SD with a failed Down Air. But with his levitation, I can recover from my failed spike/edgeguard attempt, along with Teleport.
-Spacing by jumping, then levitating to a distant platform or the opposite side of the stage to charge up a Shadow Ball.
-Recovering from being launched off the stage.
I can never make use of its offensive capabilities though. xD
idk, i dont end up liking mewtwo as much as i did in melee, but oh well, enough other characters to coose from.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 28, 2013, 09:26:01 PM
I can never make use of its offensive capabilities though. xD
Run to the enemy, quickly face the other direction, short hop, levitate, and do back airs.
I love Mewtwo's tail whips.
I can work with just about any character I have, but I usually tend to prefer heavier characters like Ganon, Link, and Falcon, so I was never great with Mewtwo. I respect the new abilities the PMBR have given him, but he's just not really for me, at least from a competitive stand point. I didn't really care for Roy much in Melee either, but I actually really like him in PM. I'm just so used to Marth's sweet spots so I miss half of the time with Roy's.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 28, 2013, 09:57:43 PM
I didn't really care for Roy much in Melee either, but I actually really like him in PM. I'm just so used to Marth's sweet spots so I miss half of the time with Roy's.
This ^
Marth is my Main in brawl, so i picked up Roy, and gee, im terrible with him cuz i try to play liek marth. Its still fun though.
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 28, 2013, 09:59:13 PM
This ^
Marth is my Main in brawl, so i picked up Roy, and gee, im terrible with him cuz i try to play liek marth. Its still fun though.
I can use him fairly well with a bit of practice, but one thing I've never been able to get down is his counter timing. Not the most useful move he has, but Marth's feels so easy to me compared to Roy's. I like some of Roy's new moves better, the tilts especially, but I can never hit his DAir when it really counts. I'll miss it 10 times in a row trying over a ledge for a kill, then randomly hit it when I don't mean to above the stage. At least I can usually get his BAir.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on December 28, 2013, 10:06:36 PM
I can use him fairly well with a bit of practice, but one thing I've never been able to get down is his counter timing. Not the most useful move he has, but Marth's feels so easy to me compared to Roy's. I like some of Roy's new moves better, the tilts especially, but I can never hit his DAir when it really counts. I'll miss it 10 times in a row trying over a ledge for a kill, then randomly hit it when I don't mean to above the stage. At least I can usually get his BAir.
exactly. i try to Dair with Roy since I Dair with marth. I die a lot. lol. but yeah. Roy has good air moves.
I didnt think I would like Mewtwo or Roy better then there Melee Counterparts but I do. I played Melee yesterday and I couldnt stand Roy's Neutral Air and Down smash and how mewtwo had no attack-out-of-teleport
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 28, 2013, 11:01:08 PM
I didnt think I would like Mewtwo or Roy better then there Melee Counterparts but I do. I played Melee yesterday and I couldnt stand Roy's Neutral Air and Down smash and how mewtwo had no attack-out-of-teleport
That's Melee for ya.
Sooo.... would anyone be up for some online action? Just let me know, I'd love to finally try out this game online. xD
Quote from: Abbi on December 30, 2013, 04:16:12 PM
Sooo.... would anyone be up for some online action? Just let me know, I'd love to finally try out this game online. xD
I'm game.
4470 - 1788 - 8724.
So how do you do the squirtle easter egg?
I believe it's one of the win animations.
Quote from: XxTailsxX on December 31, 2013, 03:42:57 AM
So how do you do the squirtle easter egg?
You have to press a button on the right time on one of his taunts. A sound will play when you do it right. Don't get hit after this though.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 31, 2013, 03:53:52 AM
You have to press a button on the right time on one of his taunts. A sound will play when you do it right. Don't get hit after this though.
Tried it. Nothing noticeable happened. I don't even know what I'm trying for.
I can't get it. ):
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 31, 2013, 03:53:52 AM
You have to press a button on the right time on one of his taunts. A sound will play when you do it right. Don't get hit after this though.
Isnt it press A once he leaves the ground?
What the Lead Content Designer of Brawl Minus had to say about Project M (I felt like it was worth sharing here):
[spoiler](http://gyazo.com/23f4a33a7a53a0b58c266667e4cb5073.png)
That was...something.
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 31, 2013, 09:10:56 AM
What the Lead Content Designer of Brawl Minus had to say about Project M (I felt like it was worth sharing here):
[spoiler](http://gyazo.com/23f4a33a7a53a0b58c266667e4cb5073.png)
All the truth shared in these words...
Now that is a professional posture. I applause.
You showed us your ultimate smash. I can't stop crying buckets of tears!
I was curious enough to check: I'm not even sure when Brawl- did their TL thing, but ours was put into our SVN September 4, 2010. (Holy crap we've been doing this forever.)
It'll be awesome if we can get more of you guys to sign up for the Wifi tourney that I'm hosting here on KCMM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64812.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64812.0)
Anyone up for some online?
I'm free to do some. You can find my info in the tourney thread
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 02, 2014, 09:21:30 PM
I'm free to do some. You can find my info in the tourney thread
Me and Abbi are playing right now join in if you feel like.
Im considering getting the wifi version. ._.
Quote from: TurboChaos on January 02, 2014, 09:23:46 PM
Me and Abbi are playing right now join in if you feel like.
be sure to add me to your roster so that I can join
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 02, 2014, 09:27:35 PM
be sure to add me to your roster so that I can join
I added you
Quote from: TurboChaos on January 02, 2014, 09:29:36 PM
I added you
I think Abbi also has to add me for me to join...
Sorry, I kept kicking you. I'm not really a FFA type of guy, plus it's online so I imagined the connection getting even worse...
EDIT:
So um, GGs. You guys were totally teaming up in the beginning of that last match where both of you were Roy, didn't you? lol
Those were some fun matches guy. Also no we didn't team. (Ironically in the next match we both chose Mewtwo.)
EDIT: Who do guys think I played better with? Bowser or Wario?
And in one of the matches before that both oh you chose Lucas. :srs:
Quote from: Abbi on January 02, 2014, 10:54:46 PM
And in one of the matches before that both oh you chose Lucas. :srs:
Quote from: TurboChaos on January 02, 2014, 10:49:54 PM
Those were some fun matches guy. Also no we didn't team. (Ironically in the next match we both chose Mewtwo.)
EDIT: Who do guys think I played better with? Bowser or Wario?
If I got Online would you guys play against me
Quote from: TurboChaos on January 02, 2014, 10:49:54 PM
EDIT: Who do guys think I played better with? Bowser or Wario?
Well, I guess you overall performed better as Wario, mostly becouse it's pretty hard to react to some of his stuff online. (Side B lol)
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on January 03, 2014, 12:31:33 AM
If I got Online would you guys play against me
Sure thing, tell me your FC and I'll add you.
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on January 03, 2014, 12:31:33 AM
If I got Online would you guys play against me
Sure what's your FC?
Quote from: Abbi on January 02, 2014, 10:54:46 PM
And in one of the matches before that both oh you chose Lucas. :srs:
Then the match after that, we both chose Roy. Then the match after that one (when you left) we both chose Mewtwo.
We didn't plan that at all :srs:
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 03, 2014, 01:24:32 AM
Then the match after that, we both chose Roy. Then the match after that one (when you left) we both chose Mewtwo.
We didn't plan that at all :srs:
and that one time during the Mewtwo fight when we both did the same 2 attacks at the same time.
Quote from: TurboChaos on January 03, 2014, 01:28:47 AM
and that one time during the Mewtwo fight when we both did the same 2 attacks at the same time.
Our Mewtwo playstyles were very similar.
Its like we're the same person...
Quote from: TurboChaos on January 03, 2014, 01:01:06 AM
Sure what's your FC?
I need to get another SD Card for the wifi set
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on January 03, 2014, 01:38:00 AM
I need to get another SD Card for the wifi set
Or just swap the codesets... that all that you need to do.
Unless you have custom content on your SD card
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 03, 2014, 01:34:37 AM
Our Mewtwo playstyles were very similar.
Its like we're the same person...
And together we are Turbobuds, or Nanochaos, that works to.
Hey! I'm down for some matches, too. I already added y'all.
Just add me. 5459-2168-0478
Also, another thing I wanted to ask. Who of you had the items on? The Turbo and Smash Ball? lol
I think that was Nano I had my items off.
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 03, 2014, 01:39:35 AM
Or just swap the codesets... that all that you need to do.
Unless you have custom content on your SD card
I do. :/ I have King Jigglypuff's Elemental Mewtwo and all of Marth's skins changed to Sasuke Uchiha
:happy: Guess who just realized they can grab out of a shoulder bash
I knew that Wifi was laggy, but I forgot it was THIS laggy. ;_;
Yea haha, it's pretty bad.
Btw guys, come here if you feel like chatting:
xat.com/wifi
I thought I had my items off... but I didn't check before we started playing. So it must have been me. Whoops.
If I may, could you guys organize your matches in the Online section, which was made for that exact purpose?
I keep coming back to this thread expecting discussions about P:M news or existing features, only to find people exchanging friend codes.
Sorry Miacis.
For now on, discuss online stuff here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65156.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65156.0)
Oh you guys <3
(http://i.imgur.com/IbrDNTA.png)
Project M was updated... and with an optional Launcher!
This launcher is mainly for those who use the hackless method though you CAN use it with homebrew as well. This launcher makes both Riivo and Gecko OS obsolete by allowing SDHC support! The launcher also lets you install and update Project M too.
http://projectmgame.com/en/ (http://projectmgame.com/en/)
BTW M22K and I reimported all our alt costumes meaning they no longer lag.
http://youtu.be/JvW4JJFEE3Q (http://youtu.be/JvW4JJFEE3Q)
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 11, 2014, 04:15:40 PM
http://youtu.be/JvW4JJFEE3Q (http://youtu.be/JvW4JJFEE3Q)
The title seems appropriate... And that will be extremly useful in PM...
but what about people who dont use GC controller?
Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 11, 2014, 05:27:14 PM
but what about people who dont use GC controller?
They should get a GC controller.I'm pretty sure this works with the Classic Controller too, just like the stage strike feature (which doesn't work with Wiimote/WiiChuck).
Quote from: Abbi on January 11, 2014, 06:00:34 PM
(which doesn't work with Wiimote/WiiChuck).
dang
guess i have to get used the the gc controller again
Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 11, 2014, 06:01:51 PM
dang
guess i have to get used the the gc controller again
Or you just.. I don't know.. ignore this feature? It's not THAT important outside of tournaments anyway. atleast I don't think it is..
Looks like you guys ditched the color bar.
Quote from: SJS on January 11, 2014, 09:08:31 PM
Looks like you guys ditched the color bar.
Which was pretty cool, but Its good that they did that. Makes things easier for people like KJP who make alts
Quote from: SJS on January 11, 2014, 09:08:31 PM
Looks like you guys ditched the color bar.
It KILLED the quality of the CSPs. And it made the CSS look too busy.
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 11, 2014, 09:54:09 PM
And it made the CSS look too busy.
So when is Edo gonna go? That new launcher gave me false hopes!
Quote from: Taiko on January 11, 2014, 10:11:39 PM
So when is Edo gonna go? That new launcher gave me false hopes!
Edo?
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on January 11, 2014, 10:42:16 PM
Edo?
It's the name of the font used for all of PM's menus, Taiko hates it with a burning passion of a thousand suns, and I can kinda agree with him as it doesn't look the most professional.
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on January 11, 2014, 10:54:07 PM
It's the name of the font used for all of PM's menus, Taiko hate it with a burning passion of a thousand suns, and I can kinda agree with him as it doesn't look the most professional.
I prefer the Xenogears font myself. *SHOT*
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on January 11, 2014, 10:54:07 PM
It's the name of the font used for all of PM's menus, Taiko hate it with a burning passion of a thousand suns, and I can kinda agree with him as it doesn't look the most professional.
I think it fits, but you have a point
Xenogears Font?
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 11, 2014, 10:55:47 PM
Xenogears Font?
The font for the Xenogears title images?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Xenogears_box.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Xenogears_box.jpg)
It does exist.
Quote from: Velen on January 11, 2014, 10:58:15 PM
The font for the Xenogears title images?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Xenogears_box.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Xenogears_box.jpg)
It does exist.
Did you edit your personal P:M build to have that font?
Quote from: Velen on January 11, 2014, 10:55:04 PM
I prefer the Xenogears font myself. *SHOT*
It's more Xenoblade then gears, but I still think that it works better for like a logo, not every menu in the game.
Why does it say no network when I clearly have a network and it's connected because I JUST double checked?
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on January 11, 2014, 11:01:17 PM
Did you edit your personal P:M build to have that font?
Nope. haven't played P:M for a bit.
Quote from: Ikuto on January 12, 2014, 01:39:38 AM
Why does it say no network when I clearly have a network and it's connected because I JUST double checked?
That's an issue that was JUST addressed....
Unfortunately no one is cooperating with me to get the link with the fix. -_-
Edit: The issue was because of the Launcher, which has been fixed, so get the updated launcher on the site.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 11, 2014, 06:33:23 AM
BTW M22K and I reimported all our alt costumes meaning they no longer lag.
I supposed they have been tristripped? Would there be enough space to add Roy's sheath?
Tristrip and Node Fixed. Believe it or not, a lot of our (Our as in everyone who imports models to Brawl, not just PM and kittens here)custom rigs use values more specific than the VBrawl models, and that's bad as it can inflate file size AND cause lag.
Quote from: Abbi on January 11, 2014, 06:00:34 PM
They should get a GC controller.
I'm pretty sure this works with the Classic Controller too, just like the stage strike feature (which doesn't work with Wiimote/WiiChuck).
This is false, you press the "-" button to strike stages on WiiChuk.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 12, 2014, 04:28:14 AM
Tristrip and Node Fixed. Believe it or not, a lot of our (Our as in everyone who imports models to Brawl, not just PM and kittens here)custom rigs use values more specific than the VBrawl models, and that's bad as it can inflate file size AND cause lag.
Did Crown Jigglypuff, Fairy Jigglypuff, and Fire Peach change at all? If I'm remembering correctly, they didn't have the caution sign, so I'm wondering if they received the same changes.
Quote from: Taiko on January 12, 2014, 04:29:26 PM
Did Crown Jigglypuff, Fairy Jigglypuff, and Fire Peach change at all? If I'm remembering correctly, they didn't have the caution sign, so I'm wondering if they received the same changes.
They were probably non-imports
Quote from: Taiko on January 12, 2014, 04:29:26 PM
Did Crown Jigglypuff, Fairy Jigglypuff, and Fire Peach change at all? If I'm remembering correctly, they didn't have the caution sign, so I'm wondering if they received the same changes.
We only imported the wings and crown, not the entire Jiggly model. So lag pretty much never existed with them, since the added parts are a small part of the model.
Did anyone had a problem loading Snake? When I played Project M & I loaded Snake but I replaced him with Phoenix Wright it froze.
With Project M's YouTube channel, you guys should do a Top 5 (or Top 10) Turbo Combos of the Week!
Let fans record and submit their turbo combos for a chance to be featured on the YouTube channel every week. (:
Quote from: E-scope12 on January 13, 2014, 06:47:36 PM
Did anyone had a problem loading Snake? When I played Project M & I loaded Snake but I replaced him with Phoenix Wright it froze.
Not just that, most mods that had some sort of bone change freezes.
For me...
Does anyone find it weird that Roy's Green and Red costume have been swap over or is it just me?
Quote from: RoboticCyborg on January 13, 2014, 07:46:39 PM
Does anyone find it weird that Roy's Green and Red costume have been swap over or is it just me?
it's toi solve an issue with marth i think...
Quote from: RoboticCyborg on January 13, 2014, 07:46:39 PM
Does anyone find it weird that Roy's Green and Red costume have been swap over or is it just me?
Its just you.
Quote from: dikekoj on January 13, 2014, 09:03:13 PM
it's toi solve an issue with marth i think...
Oh, because Marth started glowing white when I doing team battles now I see why.
I hope someone makes ice princess peach... :3
Quote from: Generically Epic on January 14, 2014, 05:57:20 AM
I hope someone makes ice princess peach... :3
:jiggly:
Request it to him!
Quote from: Scout on January 14, 2014, 03:18:51 PM
:jiggly:
Request it to him!
What you did there.
I saw it. :>.>:
Someone should make Boshi as an alternate costume for Yoshi.
Quote from: Mr. Me on January 14, 2014, 11:12:10 PM
Someone should make Boshi as an alternate costume for Yoshi.
agreed. I mean Boshi is a yoshi... the yoshis in brawl are generic yoshis, aren't they? Why not boshi?
Quote from: Mr. Me on January 14, 2014, 11:12:10 PM
Someone should make Boshi as an alternate costume for Yoshi.
You could just put it yourself you know.
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on January 14, 2014, 11:27:02 PM
You could just put it yourself you know.
i have, but i like official stuff too
Just curious, but has anyone tried the hackless method on a Wii U? It should still work without breaking anything, no?
Quote from: Gravity on January 15, 2014, 02:10:09 AM
Just curious, but has anyone tried the hackless method on a Wii U? It should still work without breaking anything, no?
Worked for perfect for me.
So there's P:M v3.02 now. :L
The Changelog seems the same as v3.01.
Was it just the Launcher that's been changed?
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 15, 2014, 02:54:49 AM
So there's P:M v3.02 now. :L
The Changelog seems the same as v3.01.
Was it just the Launcher that's been changed?
No they move the characters names back to there original position.
Quote from: SwingSet on January 15, 2014, 02:46:26 AM
Worked for perfect for me.
I can second this.
Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 15, 2014, 02:54:49 AM
So there's P:M v3.02 now. :L
The Changelog seems the same as v3.01.
Was it just the Launcher that's been changed?
Kirby's Aura Sphere storage bug is fixed.
Roy's Final Smash will no longer clank
Falco's forward smash will now sparkle around his legs instead of his arms.
Names on the Character Selection Screen have been moved down to their original positions
Has it been updated for Gecko users?
If you go grab it from the site, yes.
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 15, 2014, 02:58:36 AM
Names on the Character Selection Screen have been moved down to their original positions
How'd you guys figure that out? :0
I think they posted that info themselves. Honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic though. :>.>:
I love the no-lag extra characters and costumes!
Time to revert all my CSPs back to their 2.6 look.
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp (http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp)
Apex 2014 hype! :D
Quote from: heavyd88 on January 16, 2014, 05:29:32 PM
I think they posted that info themselves. Honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic though. :>.>:
It's a serious question.
Quote from: SJS on January 17, 2014, 02:45:53 PM
It's a serious question.
Okay, just making sure.
shouldn't the title be updated...?
Quote from: dikekoj on January 19, 2014, 12:49:19 AM
shouldn't the title be updated...?
Yes, yes it should.
Quote from: Nanobuds on January 19, 2014, 05:47:30 AM
I know right?
Project M Demo 2.6b hype
(http://gyazo.com/ae413efb8e80c22ab12badb91a2a180d.png)
I think Roy needs to be toned down, just a little bit because he is top tier overpowered.
Quote from: Mr. Me on January 19, 2014, 07:08:06 PM
I think Roy needs to be toned down, just a little bit because he is top tier overpowered.
No he's not, take him out of the stage and you see him falling faster than falco.
Quote from: Scout on January 19, 2014, 09:05:34 PM
No he's not, take him out of the stage and you see him falling faster than falco.
I know he falls fast, but I'm talking about his ridiculous KO power.
Quote from: Roy's Melee Trophy Description
While Roy's moves are well balanced, he's a little on the slow side, and doesn't excel at midair combat. His blade, the Sword of Seals, gives him excellent reach, and makes his Double-Edge Dance slightly different than Marth's Dancing Blade. When it's fully charged, Roy's destructive Flare Blade delivers an instant KO.
I tried playing over Wi-fi with a friend, but it didn't seem to sync right. On my screen, I'm grabbing and punching the opponent like I should, but on his screen, I'm falling off a cliff.
And also, when I downloaded the launcher and copied it into the SD card, it didn't copy the elf file.
Quote from: TravixMan Productions on January 20, 2014, 02:56:21 AM
I tried playing over Wi-fi with a friend, but it didn't seem to sync right. On my screen, I'm grabbing and punching the opponent like I should, but on his screen, I'm falling off a cliff.
And also, when I downloaded the launcher and copied it into the SD card, it didn't copy the elf file.
1. Was your friend using Project M, too?
2. Are you using the Wifi safe version?
3. Was your friend using the Wifi safe version?
4. Were you both using the same version of Project M?
5. Are you using any custom hacks? (stage hacks, bone-edited models, character PSAs)
Also, it should work properly if you extracted the pack to the root of the SD card properly.
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on January 20, 2014, 03:10:27 AM
1. Was your friend using Project M, too?
2. Are you using the Wifi safe version?
3. Was your friend using the Wifi safe version?
4. Were you both using the same version of Project M?
5. Are you using any custom hacks? (stage hacks, bone-edited models, character PSAs)
Also, it should work properly if you extracted the pack to the root of the SD card properly.
1. He was using Project M too.
2. I am using the hackless wifi-safe version.
3. He is using the hackless-wifi-safe version.
4. We were both using Project M 3.0.
5. No.
I feel like one of you used 3.01 and the other one 3.02. Just download the files again from the website and give it another shot.
The launcher is awesome. I also got the classic expansion pack for 3.02, which I think they should include with the next official release, just fixed up a little
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on January 20, 2014, 11:33:08 PM
The launcher is awesome. I also got the classic expansion pack for 3.02, which I think they should include with the next official release, just fixed up a little
Is it true that you can't modify ANY files with it, though?
Haven't seen this before. o: Announcement incoming? Or just adding a new page to the site to explain the features already in the current version?
[spoiler](http://gyazo.com/b427bf3364fe7415e7c08968f3515087.png)
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on January 21, 2014, 01:49:52 AM
Haven't seen this before. o: Announcement incoming? Or just adding a new page to the site to explain the features already in the current version?
[spoiler](http://gyazo.com/b427bf3364fe7415e7c08968f3515087.png)
that has been there since they got their new site.
Quote from: Shun_One on January 21, 2014, 01:56:07 AM
that has been there since they got their new site.
Hm. Guess I was just never paying attention. ;p
Quote from: Saber(Akeno) on January 20, 2014, 11:48:56 PM
Is it true that you can't modify ANY files with it, though?
No? why wouldnt you be able to?
Quote from: Abbi on January 20, 2014, 03:32:25 PM
I feel like one of you used 3.01 and the other one 3.02. Just download the files again from the website and give it another shot.
I talked to him again today and asked what version he had. Turns out he had 3.02 while I had 3.0. Time for me to update it.
anyone know when they come out more alt costumes? :D
Quote from: Saber(Akeno) on January 20, 2014, 11:48:56 PM
Is it true that you can't modify ANY files with it, though?
You can modify it as much as you want. Doing so makes you unable to update to the latest version through the launcher on your console though. If that's what you meant.
Quote from: cheatglitch on January 21, 2014, 05:29:54 AM
anyone know when they come out more alt costumes? :D
check the brawlvault, there's a lot of them there :P
Have any of you guys tried Classic Mode on Intense difficulty on Project M? It's pretty hard.
hey guys, i'm trying to get the project m launcher to work, but everytime i hit "play" it takes me back to the wii home menu wtf
Do you have the most updated version?
I'm new, and I'm sure this has been asked already, but I'm not going to look through 112 pages and the search function isn't working.
How do you add more alternate costumes without replacing the originals, and add character selection pictures to them?
I just noticed that Wikipedia has a page for P:M (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_M_%28mod%29).
That's pretty cool and funny,it's just so unexpected.
actually a pretty interesting read...
Quote from: Segtendo on January 28, 2014, 07:27:06 AM
I just noticed that Wikipedia has a page for SSBM V2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_M_%28mod%29).
Oh, okay.
I like how it doesn't even mention the rest of the Smash community. But then again I was already expecting a bit of bias when I walked in.
Quote from: Segtendo on January 28, 2014, 07:27:06 AM
I just noticed that Wikipedia has a page for P:M (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_M_%28mod%29).
30 external links for a community mod, half of them directly linking to the P:M website? 720 words to explain such a straightforward development cycle, yet not any mention of the hacking community?
Part of the Smash Bros. series??I'm not sure what I was expecting but geez. Talk about obvious advertising.
QuoteRyan Rigney called it the best iteration of Super Smash Bros.
That one is probably the funniest though.
My favorite part is how they added Project M to the Smash series.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Now all that's left is to add the PMBR to the developer list.
Quote from: SJS on January 29, 2014, 06:49:24 PM
My favorite part is how they added Project M to the Smash series.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Now all that's left is to add the PMBR to the developer list.
They absolutely should do that. No one has pulled off some of the ridiculous hacks that those guys have. Hundreds of thousands of downloads as well, it may as well be counted as it's own game. I believe Ver 3.02 has been downloaded like 300,000 times already and it's been out for what, maybe two to three weeks maybe?
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on January 29, 2014, 10:55:02 PM
They absolutely should do that. No one has pulled off some of the ridiculous hacks that those guys have. Hundreds of thousands of downloads as well, it may as well be counted as it's own game. I believe Ver 3.02 has been downloaded like 300,000 times already and it's been out for what, maybe two to three weeks maybe?
That may be somewhat impressive in the small world of SSBB hacking, but in the grand scheme of video games in general, it's barely more than a succesful mod. You know, an alteration of an existing game, where 90% of the content was provided by studios working for Nintendo. Nintendo, who last time I checked never gave any permission for people to mod their game.
Besides, you don't see
The Stanley Parable sitting in the "Half-Life series" category on Wikipedia, and you don't see random guy journalists pretending it's the best HL game. And that mod had way more thought and uniqueness put into it than P:M, sorry to say.
There's being enthusiastic, and then there's just overstepping boundaries. Player numbers does not a game make.
As much as I like P:M, the ego of the PMBR needs to be toned down a bit.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on January 29, 2014, 10:55:02 PM
They absolutely should do that. No one has pulled off some of the ridiculous hacks that those guys have. Hundreds of thousands of downloads as well, it may as well be counted as it's own game. I believe Ver 3.02 has been downloaded like 300,000 times already and it's been out for what, maybe two to three weeks maybe?
You ------------------------------> . <------------------------------ The point.
I really don't see why it has it's own wiki page...It wasn't made by Nintendo,I can't even find the word "hack" in the entire page,it was never made official.
I didn't even know we had a wiki page >.>
I know IGN made one.. But I didn't know about Wikipedia.
In wikipedia you always find everything.
Probably a slowpoke, but Project M is now a game option of its own on Twitch. (:
Congrats! :D
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on January 30, 2014, 04:50:29 AM
Probably a slowpoke, but Project M is now a game option of its own on Twitch. (:
Congrats! :D
Project M...I love you.
How did all of this happen?
The Wikipedia entry and twitch entry happened behind our backs.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 30, 2014, 05:13:16 AM
How did all of this happen?
The Wikipedia entry and twitch entry happened behind our backs.
It was us that made it possible. Because Project M is that awesome.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 30, 2014, 05:13:16 AM
How did all of this happen?
The Wikipedia entry and twitch entry happened behind our backs.
I didn't care much for the Wikipedia entry.
But I saw the thing about Twitch on Project M's Facebook page.
I thought it was already on Twitch. I could have sworn it was listed as Project M during APEX. Of course, there was so much Smash at APEX, it was hard to keep up with them all. I missed most of Smash 64, but I caught most of Melee, PM Top 8, and various bits of Brawl. Fun stuff to watch. Kage Vs. MattDotZeb rematch. Hype.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on January 30, 2014, 06:57:29 AM
I thought it was already on Twitch. I could have sworn it was listed as Project M during APEX. Of course, there was so much Smash at APEX, it was hard to keep up with them all. I missed most of Smash 64, but I caught most of Melee, PM Top 8, and various bits of Brawl. Fun stuff to watch. Kage Vs. MattDotZeb rematch. Hype.
During Apex, they usually set the game to either Melee or Brawl while Project M was happening.
This is just abusive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE)
Turbo mode has spoiled me. I find myself wanting Turbo Mode again whenever I play normal SSBB matches with friends.
Quote from: Scout on February 03, 2014, 01:29:09 AM
This is just abusive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE)
Ivysaur is a [censored]. :P Of course, he was just as bad in regular Brawl. Knock opponent off stage, A spam forever, KO, repeat.
I finally jumped aboard the bandwagon and played Project M on my own Wii for the first time. The quality is astounding, and whoever programmed that A.I., I gotta commend you. This is the most challenging A.I. I've ever played against in Smash Bros. in all my life. At least it doesn't cheat and camp around like normal Brawl's. XD The mod just feels legit! And I gotta thank whoever decided to include Giga Bowser as a player in 3.0. As a former hacker and Giga main in Melee, it feels great to be able to pick him up and play him again. Speed and gravity are great.
Overall a positive experience.
Quote from: Scout on February 03, 2014, 01:29:09 AM
This is just abusive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE)
I'm so glad I don't pick spam characters. And I find it funny how the A.I. spams on the highest level. Like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt attack.
Dude, if you're having problems with something as simple as a Pikachu spamming his neutral B I don't know what to tell you. Just jump over them if your character doesn't have a reflector Fox! <3 or, you know, shield them.
That Ivysaur tech seems pretty interesting, too. I don't see it being very useful against Mario or Fox recovering, so it's not like I'd really have to care about it. ;p
Thunder Jolt is annoying? Try Fireballs, PK Fire, or Din's Fire spam.
Quote from: Ryouji Gunblade on February 03, 2014, 09:30:23 AM
Thunder Jolt is annoying? Try Fireballs, PK Fire, or Din's Fire spam.
There should be a penalty for spamming.
Quote from: RoboticCyborg on February 03, 2014, 07:53:31 PM
There should be a penalty for spamming.
What about chaingrabs?
Quote from: Mr. Me on February 03, 2014, 07:56:54 PM
What about chaingrabs?
That I don't have a problem with, just have the A.I. stop spamming the same tactics over and over again it's boring.
dont even make me start about suicide... xD
Quote from: Ryouji Gunblade on February 03, 2014, 09:30:23 AM
Thunder Jolt is annoying? Try Fireballs, PK Fire, or Din's Fire spam.
Pit's arrows.
Armada basically won PM Grand Finals because of those arrows.
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on February 03, 2014, 09:13:14 PM
Pit's arrows.
Armada basically won PM Grand Finals because of those arrows.
That's still a little different than Mario's fireballs/pills or Pikachu's Thunder. It's one thing to use them to approach or space yourself, but CPUs mostly just spam them repeatedly unless you're right on top of them. It's also incredibly difficult to have that good of aim like Armada, not to mention, there was a purpose to it other than just plain attacking an opponent.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on February 03, 2014, 08:41:19 PM
dont even make me start about suicide... xD
NEVER play on Port Town. I can't help it because I love F-Zero, but if you want a serious match, go somewhere else. I usually end up trying to save the AI every time since they literally just walk to the side and jump off on certain parts. :P
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on February 03, 2014, 09:13:14 PM
Pit's arrows.
Armada basically won PM Grand Finals because of those arrows.
If it wasn't for Foxs fast falling speed the arrows wouldn't have been nearly as useful.
F-Air Neutral B F-Air only really works on fast fallers, which was like his go to combo against M2K's Fox.
Chain grabs and tech chase are fine
Hey, so just wondering. Will it work if I use my vBrawl Modset on Project M's loader (With proper placement etc)
Cause I have an 8GB card only and Riivolution is JUNK
Riivo is only junk if you don't know what you're doing.
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on February 04, 2014, 01:59:04 AM
Hey, so just wondering. Will it work if I use my vBrawl Modset on Project M's loader (With proper placement etc)
Cause I have an 8GB card only and Riivolution is JUNK
I think you need a certain code for it to work.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.msg1212323#msg1212323 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.msg1212323#msg1212323)
Just go to this thread.
Hotswapping the SDHC card when the game's running will not work so don't do it.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on February 04, 2014, 01:09:15 PM
I think you need a certain code for it to work.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.msg1212323#msg1212323 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.msg1212323#msg1212323)
Just go to this thread.
Hotswapping the SDHC card when the game's running will not work so don't do it.
isnt that code part of the PM codeset? so he wouldnt need to add it again?
Alright thanks guys. And I've been using Riivo for the last 2 years. It freezes so much. But if I use the same mods on Gecko, it wouldnt ever freeze
Post Merge: February 04, 2014, 07:08:50 PM
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on February 04, 2014, 01:09:15 PM
I think you need a certain code for it to work.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.msg1212323#msg1212323 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.msg1212323#msg1212323)
Just go to this thread.
Hotswapping the SDHC card when the game's running will not work so don't do it.
Project M Launcher works for me on my SDHC 8GB Card. I think the problem is that I dont have the file replacement code
Hey guys is there anyway to use .rel ported characters, because i used them in 3.02 with a PM modified RSBE01.gtc file, but the 3.02v makes the gct file to freee Mario Side B, so is there any way to use them?
Quote from: JesucristoCROW on February 06, 2014, 07:08:23 AM
Hey guys is there anyway to use .rel ported characters, because i used them in 3.02 with a PM modified RSBE01.gtc file, but the 3.02v makes the gct file to freee Mario Side B, so is there any way to use them?
a good chunk of Rel ports do work in PM, tho some characters have special coding, (samus, kirby, etc) those characters would need to have those codes removed for you to replace them. or else you may get undesirable resuts. (even then they may not work cause a few of the codes are needed to make those players work in game)
Quote from: zigheart on February 07, 2014, 04:34:00 AM
a good chunk of Rel ports do work in PM, tho some characters have special coding, (samus, kirby, etc) those characters would need to have those codes removed for you to replace them. or else you may get undesirable resuts. (even then they may not work cause a few of the codes are needed to make those players work in game)
Where are the codes located? because i use Shadow over Olimar and the Entry works but when it says GO! it freezes
If you guys want a challenge, try this:
Turbo Mode
Team Battle On
Team Attack Off
1 (You, character of your choice) vs. 3 Level 9 CPU Nesses.
Final Destination only
No items
Project M - Mewtwo vs Ness Trio Turbo Mode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwqvrR2WRc#)
I uploaded this video on YouTube. :) I was Mewtwo.
It's actually hard. Give it a shot! ;D
I managed to win but I got nervous when I got down to 1 Ness, quite the accomplishment I did. :af2:
Quote from: Mr. Me on February 09, 2014, 07:49:37 AM
If you guys want a challenge, try this:
Turbo Mode
Team Battle On
Team Attack Off
1 (You, character of your choice) vs. 3 Level 9 CPU Nesses.
Final Destination only
No items
Project M - Mewtwo vs Ness Trio Turbo Mode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwqvrR2WRc#)
I uploaded this video on YouTube. :) I was Mewtwo.
It's actually hard. Give it a shot! ;D
I managed to win but I got nervous when I got down to 1 Ness, quite the accomplishment I did. :af2:
Hoho! I like it!
Quote from: Mr. Me on February 09, 2014, 07:49:37 AM
If you guys want a challenge, try this:
Turbo Mode
Team Battle On
Team Attack Off
1 (You, character of your choice) vs. 3 Level 9 CPU Nesses.
Final Destination only
No items
Project M - Mewtwo vs Ness Trio Turbo Mode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwqvrR2WRc#)
I uploaded this video on YouTube. :) I was Mewtwo.
It's actually hard. Give it a shot! ;D
I managed to win but I got nervous when I got down to 1 Ness, quite the accomplishment I did. :af2:
Totally trying this XD
It took A LOT of failing to get to that...
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on February 09, 2014, 08:03:30 PM
It took A LOT of failing to get to that...
Ness are the toughest CPUs in Turbo Mode, it's no joke. They'll sacrifice themselves just to hurt and kill you. O_O
Ness is soooo eeeevil D:
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on February 09, 2014, 08:15:50 PM
Ness is soooo eeeevil D:
Saw it in your vids...
How long did it take to win? Cruelty^^"
Quote from: Saber(Akeno) on February 09, 2014, 09:12:14 PM
Saw it in your vids...
How long did it take to win? Cruelty^^"
Most of the restarts were just 'cause my obsessiveness didn't let me allow them to hit first, so that was about 50 just for that one stupid reason.
All up? About 60-70, I lost track.
Wow... Seems long... Owell... I'm gonna try it... Maybe Ike, or Roy... Why not Toon Link?
I wonder how many people are doing this challenge...
I did it back in 2.6b, which had no Turbo at all.
Then again, the AI back then was extremely predictable and exploitable.
Quote from: Xenozoa425 on February 11, 2014, 03:29:15 PM
I did it back in 2.6b, which had no Turbo at all.
Then again, the AI back then was extremely predictable and exploitable.
Turbo makes them harder by far. :srs:
Quote from: Akeno on February 09, 2014, 09:21:24 PM
Wow... Seems long... Owell... I'm gonna try it... Maybe Ike, or Roy... Why not Toon Link?
How's it going?
Quote from: Kaguya Nanbu on February 15, 2014, 04:30:04 AM
How's it going?
I failed all the time... I almost killed 2 Ness with Marth... but I didn't end well xD
I nearly threw my controller... :srs:
Quote from: Akeno on February 15, 2014, 08:59:45 AM
I failed all the time... I almost killed 2 Ness with Marth... but I didn't end well xD
I nearly threw my controller... :srs:
Lol, Well don't worry you'll win eventually, just gotta keep cool. :vyse:
Quote from: Kaguya Nanbu on February 15, 2014, 09:31:20 AM
Lol, Well don't worry you'll win eventually, just gotta keep cool. :vyse:
'Tis quite hard, because they all are synchronized...
Quote from: Akeno on February 15, 2014, 09:37:48 AM
'Tis quite hard, because they all are synchronized...
Try to keep them all on one side so they don't corner and combo you.
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on February 15, 2014, 09:40:44 AM
Try to keep them all on one side so they don't corner and combo you.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that :)
A gift
(http://i.imgur.com/N2wE0w7.jpg) (http://imgur.com/N2wE0w7)
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on February 15, 2014, 09:40:44 AM
Try to keep them all on one side so they don't corner and combo you.
I tried doing that challenge. I gotta say, it wasn't easy to accomplish. Ness just spams the same moves over and over again. Oh and he loves to try and grab you. He'll do it all god damn day! It took me quite a while but I got them all after like 5-6 tries. Ended up doing it with my secondary Main Roy.
Quote from: HeavyD88 on February 15, 2014, 05:51:41 PM
I tried doing that challenge. I gotta say, it wasn't easy to accomplish. Ness just spams the same moves over and over again. Oh and he loves to try and grab you. He'll do it all god damn day! It took me quite a while but I got them all after like 5-6 tries. Ended up doing it with my secondary Main Roy.
I just can't beat them... I'll try again tonight, but these bastards juust spamming and spamming... That's so annoying...
Quote from: HeavyD88 on February 15, 2014, 05:51:41 PM
I tried doing that challenge. I gotta say, it wasn't easy to accomplish. Ness just spams the same moves over and over again. Oh and he loves to try and grab you. He'll do it all god damn day! It took me quite a while but I got them all after like 5-6 tries. Ended up doing it with my secondary Main Roy.
So far 2 Roys (Dudemon and Heavy) and 1 Mewtwo (me) won the challenge. Who's next?
p.s. Heavy, uh... mind if you upload a video to YouTube of the replay that you did it? It'll show proof.
If I had any decent way to record I would absolutely do this challenge. But I don't so... ;-;
I've recorded from Dolphin before, but it took awhile to get 2.6 set up and I don't quite feel like getting 3.0 working. I really need to get a capture card...
So what's this challenge? Face off 3 level 9 Ness's on Turbo
Quote from: Nanobuds on February 15, 2014, 09:18:32 PM
So what's this challenge? Face off 3 level 9 Ness's on Turbo
Yes. Kinda hard...
Quote from: Nanobuds on February 15, 2014, 09:18:32 PM
So what's this challenge? Face off 3 level 9 Ness's on Turbo
Yes.
Team Battle On
Team Attack Off
1 (You, character of your choice) vs. 3 LV9 Nesses
Final Destination Only
No itmes.
Good Luck! ;) I should call it "The Awesome-Ness Challenge".
FD Only? Ew.
I managed to do it with Marth. It took a good 4 or 5 times. Sadly, I don't have any ways of recording.
Despite the victory, I'm traumatized after being Meteor Smashed on my last stock.. Chased 1 Ness off stage.. Another went after me and.. :(
I'll be trying it with other characters. Was fun. :D
So three ness on FD turbo
I'm up for this!
Quote from: Velen on February 16, 2014, 12:07:46 AM
FD Only? Ew.
It's the only stage that provides the challenge because if it was Battlefield or Yoshi's Story the platforms will make it easy, so yeah.
Quote from: Kaguya Nanbu on February 16, 2014, 01:12:10 AM
It's the only stage that provides the challenge because if it was Battlefield or Yoshi's Story the platforms will make it easy, so yeah.
Indeed... I tried on BF and I wipe them all... Not really fun... They mess around with platforms and such...
Quote from: Jade_Rock on February 16, 2014, 01:10:31 AM
So three ness on FD turbo
I'm up for this!
Good Luck. Make sure the Ness' are LV9 with Team Attack off. If you manage to win, save a replay of the match, record the replay with a capture card, and upload it to YouTube because we kinda need to see proof that you won. No hard feelings. :)
Well that sucks I have no capture card...meh I still will try this later.
So, I made a new alt (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36248) that is made for PM, so i thought I should post it here.
I had an idea and i was wondering if it was possible
Say the PMBR wanted pichu playable and didnt want to waste a clone slot. Would it be possible if pikachus slot was fitpikachu00-05 and then they made a new css slot for say fitpikachu06-09 for pichu? Like just the css icon loads those costumes from pikachus file. (This could go for dr mario and younglink)
Quote from: XxTailsxX on February 17, 2014, 07:24:29 AM
I had an idea and i was wondering if it was possible
Say the PMBR wanted pichu playable and didnt want to waste a clone slot. Would it be possible if pikachus slot was fitpikachu00-05 and then they made a new css slot for say fitpikachu06-09 for pichu? Like just the css icon loads those costumes from pikachus file. (This could go for dr mario and younglink)
I actually had a similar idea before, but no one is really clamoring for Pichu/Young Link, so I didn't bother suggesting it.
Would be cool, though.
I hope there will be a Forwarder Channel for Project M in the next update. There's an unofficial one, but I'm not sure if it works on PAL consoles or not. It'd be nice to see a cool channel on the Wii Menu that directly loads the Project M launcher or even the game, so you don't always need to enter the Homebrew Channel (even though the launcher sometimes doesn't load :/ ).
Still, I really love Project M. Mewtwo and Roy conviced me using it as well, especially the faster gameplay. My friends and I often play it, I wonder what they will think about Project M.
Quote from: Syeo on February 18, 2014, 10:39:12 AM
I hope there will be a Forwarder Channel for Project M in the next update. There's an unofficial one, but I'm not sure if it works on PAL consoles or not. It'd be nice to see a cool channel on the Wii Menu that directly loads the Project M launcher or even the game, so you don't always need to enter the Homebrew Channel (even though the launcher sometimes doesn't load :/ ).
Still, I really love Project M. Mewtwo and Roy conviced me using it as well, especially the faster gameplay. My friends and I often play it, I wonder what they will think about Project M.
I like this idea. A pretty project m channel is pretty indeed.
Quote from: Syeo on February 18, 2014, 10:39:12 AM
I hope there will be a Forwarder Channel for Project M in the next update. There's an unofficial one, but I'm not sure if it works on PAL consoles or not. It'd be nice to see a cool channel on the Wii Menu that directly loads the Project M launcher or even the game, so you don't always need to enter the Homebrew Channel (even though the launcher sometimes doesn't load :/ ).
There is a homebrew tool out there that can change the region of a Wii channel. Don't remember the name...
Yes, but I'm not sure if the newest Project M will work with that channel (just skip to 1:32 minutes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p7_QFPgkMw#t (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p7_QFPgkMw#t)
I'm not really sure how the Project M launcher works but in the video, it loads Gecko OS so I'm pretty curious about the compatibility. Having a channel made by the team might be perfect.
i was wondering, turbo mode with psa's other then the PM ones usualy have weird results (like being able to spam moves even more then usual, (infinate up B, etc) was the limits on attacks done with additional coding or PSA?
Nice to see people enjoying PM over here =)
Quote from: Sirkura on February 20, 2014, 02:07:41 AM
i was wondering, turbo mode with psa's other then the PM ones usualy have weird results (like being able to spam moves even more then usual, (infinate up B, etc) was the limits on attacks done with additional coding or PSA?
I think it does... Because, as you said, there are some weird issues occuring with the Turbo Mode with some PSAs. The funniest thing to do is using Brawl Minus' PSAs with Turbo xD
Try it. :srs:
Quote from: Strong Bad on March 11, 2014, 11:14:10 PM
Nice to see people enjoying PM over here =)
Indeed. Everyone enjoys the great job.
https://twitter.com/ProjectMGame/status/451110586391089153
It's 7:54 EST right now. :v
Also, I don't trust it. With the April Fool's gags and everything. v:
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 01, 2014, 11:55:20 PM
It's 7:54 EST right now. :v
Also, I don't trust it. With the April Fool's gags and everything. v:
The stream was having issues at first... its gonna be a bit delayed
I don't even know anymore. :srs:
Ike Climbers. :I
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on April 02, 2014, 12:23:54 AM
I don't even know anymore. :srs:
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 02, 2014, 12:24:00 AM
Ike Climbers. :I
Wtf you talkin about.
SAMUS TURBO TUESDAYS
http://youtu.be/tCXABhlj3nI (http://youtu.be/tCXABhlj3nI)
Quote from: Nαno on April 02, 2014, 12:27:57 AM
Wtf you talkin about.
SAMUS TURBO TUESDAYS
http://youtu.be/tCXABhlj3nI (http://youtu.be/tCXABhlj3nI)
B-b-but Ike Climbers! And Slippy! And RIDLEY! :oshi:
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on April 02, 2014, 12:32:02 AM
B-b-but Ike Climbers! And Slippy! And RIDLEY! :oshi:
i love april foos jokes
Ike Climbers. Holy tits didn't see that coming. 2gud
Also, I was legitimately happy to see Sammy get a Turbo Tuesday, though I was hoping her using the Final Smash would segue into ZSS doing a bunch of fancy stuff. Oh well.
Also also, I thought Slippy was gonna be an actual character. Not exactly disappointed.
Also also also, don't toy with my emotions like that. You know what I mean. >:|
So... Ike Climbers is just a joke?....
ok.... (http://i.imgur.com/3eyKWQM.gif)
I approve of Ike Climbers.
Pichu was funny last year. Ridley is a mean joke.
Sooo I'm guessing that was just two good ike players with textures.
Slippy Alt I suppose.
RIDLEY!(Probably not becuase april fools joke.)
Quote from: Jade_Rock on April 02, 2014, 10:01:47 PM
Sooo I'm guessing that was just two good ike players with textures.
Slippy Alt I suppose.
RIDLEY!(Probably not becuase april fools joke.)
not so sure about ike climbers, dant did post something similar in the programing section not sure where, but he found something that adds a "double" like ice climbers have. not sure how much they have experimented with it tho.
Ike Climbers sound interseting, if it's not a joke. And RIDLEY!!!! I hope it isn't a cruel joke that will rip my heart out. Never really understood StarFox, but Slippy seems annoying, so I'm glad his whole section of the video was him getting hurt.
Guys, that image of Ridley they used is like the first thing that comes up on Google images when you type "ridley"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Why would they use that when they've made their own renders for literally everything else. You've been had.
Quote from: Sirkura on April 03, 2014, 12:30:23 AM
not so sure about ike climbers, dant did post something similar in the programing section not sure where, but he found something that adds a "double" like ice climbers have. not sure how much they have experimented with it tho.
Yeah, last I remember Dantarion was messing around with using the Ice Climbers' spawning routines (I forget the technical lingo) on characters other than the Ice Climbers. I'm guessing he got it working properly.
I think it would be awesome if they actually got the Ike Climbers to come to fruition. That would be one of the most OP things to go up against in PM.
Since online services are discontinued for the Wii, what are going to do without it?
Quote from: Mr. Me on April 05, 2014, 04:42:17 PM
Since online services are discontinued for the Wii, what are going to do without it?
It's already over?! [censored]! PM online was really fun! Even when it was lagging :'(
Quote from: Mr. Me on April 05, 2014, 04:42:17 PM
Since online services are discontinued for the Wii, what are going to do without it?
People are looking into that.
http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board42-kreativitaet/board329-mkw-server-project-english/ (http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board42-kreativitaet/board329-mkw-server-project-english/)
I know, this website is for Mario Kart Wii's Wi-Fi, but they will expand to other games that use Wi-Fi, including SSBB.
Quote from: Akeno Raijin on April 05, 2014, 04:48:33 PM
It's already over?! [censored]! PM online was really fun! Even when it was lagging :'(
May 20 is when it's done, it's still up now~
Quote from: Akeno Raijin on April 05, 2014, 04:48:33 PM
It's already over?! [censored]! PM online was really fun! Even when it was lagging :'(
You'll have to migrate to using Dolphin's netplay. I know I am.
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on April 05, 2014, 09:49:36 PM
May 20 is when it's done, it's still up now~
Gotta go play, someday!
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 05, 2014, 09:59:11 PM
You'll have to migrate to using Dolphin's netplay. I know I am.
That's maybe what'll I have to do from now on... Need a better PC... And a working Xbox360 controller...
You can use a Gamecube controller with teh Mayflash adapter.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 06, 2014, 01:20:26 AM
You can use a Gamecube controller with teh Mayflash adapter.
Do you know that you succeeded to destroy my future rage mode for No-online-brawl? :srs:
Hey guys audiobronymixer here. And today I'm proposing a ridiculous challenge I have ever imagined. Its called : THE GIGADURANCE !!! Here are the requirements :
1. Must use full code set Project M 3.0 (Its okay to use WiFi, its just more convenient to use full).
2. Must be against Giga Browser (Hold R When you Select him and let go when you reach the stage selection,you can also use a second controller on were the CPU is and Activate him the same way) .
3. NO ITEMS! Not even the smash ball.
4. No time limits.
5. The player can have between 1-5 stocks.Giga Bowser however, Will have a full 30 Stocks .
6. You must fight him only on Final destination and Battlefield.
7. It's okay to use the reset button code (which is L+R+Y+A+START) as long as you don't forfeit the match. Keep Trying!!
So...Do YOU have what it takes to BEAT him? Let me know if you think this is a crazy idea and if you did let me know how many stocks you took off of him before you died completely.
P.S. I've token off at least 19 stocks before I died completely using 5 stocks.
Good Luck . . .Your going to need it
So far I've gotten him to 14 lives.
I think I might be able to manage all 30, but I dunno yet.
did it... but just barely. idk if i was supposed to be recording my time, but i do know that i beat him with Mewtwo... it was awesome.
Only got him down to 17 lives before he killed me. Well maybe it's time I try peach instead of Zelda.
Successfully took down all 30 lives.
Definitely easier then 3 rabid Ness's trying to kill you >.>
I shall try that.
That ain't a f***ing Kyojin Bowser that's gonna be harder than steroïds Thunder Marth, FF Lucina and Roy.
You should also specify the Level Giga Bowser should be at. Since someone can go through that loophole and make him Lv. 1.
Though for my input, I could only get him down to about 20 Lives with Charizard at Lv. 9.
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 07, 2014, 01:04:24 PM
You should also specify the Level Giga Bowser should be at. Since someone can go through that loophole and make him Lv. 1.
Naaah!! U broke my idea :oshi:
Lol... I think he didn't precise it because P:M is for competitive players.
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 07, 2014, 01:04:24 PMThough for my input, I could only get him down to about 20 Lives with Charizard at Lv. 9.
Damn... He looks strong... That big guy...
Psh I easily kill all 30 of his lives...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhVCup3ProkThis is pretty cool that this Project got on the honorable mentions list when you consider that Project M, while it has a definitive version out, technically isn't gold yet.
So hey, any news about that whole Zhime resigning debacle? The reddit thread appears to have been promptly deleted, and the answer given in there by Vigilante(?) was more than uninformative.
Mostly asking because it resonates quite a bit with ideas I've already expressed in here.
Quote from: Miacis on April 07, 2014, 08:32:22 PM
So hey, any news about that whole Zhime resigning debacle? The reddit thread appears to have been promptly deleted, and the answer given in there by Vigilante(?) was more than uninformative.
Mostly asking because it resonates quite a bit with ideas I've already expressed in here.
Who's Zhime?
Quote from: Nαno on April 07, 2014, 05:45:31 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
:>.>:
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 07, 2014, 08:38:29 PM
Who's Zhime?
From what I've gathered, he's the person who was in charge with designing most of what the current Zelda moveset is. There's been some screenshots of a chatroom where he was talking about resigning because the backroom wants to turn "his" Zelda back into another of the Melee clones, or something like that. The guys on the reddit thread seemed pretty annoyed by a change like that.
You all know my opinion about reusing assets from Melee, but I just can't comprehend why there's such an urge to destroy good creative work like that. It's not really Falco anymore, when the team was trying to gather momentum for the birthing project. Now it's just legit going backwards.
Quote from: Miacis on April 07, 2014, 08:44:33 PM
From what I've gathered, he's the person who was in charge with designing most of what the current Zelda moveset is. There's been some screenshots of a chatroom where he was talking about resigning because the backroom wants to turn "his" Zelda back into another of the Melee clones, or something like that. The guys on the reddit thread seemed pretty annoyed by a change like that.
You all know my opinion about reusing assets from Melee, but I just can't comprehend why there's such an urge to destroy good creative work like that. It's not really Falco anymore, when the team was trying to gather momentum for the birthing project. Now it's just legit going backwards.
No where in the chat did he say Zelda is being brought back to her "Melee" moveset.
Quote from: Nαno on April 07, 2014, 10:20:08 PM
No where in the chat did he say Zelda is being brought back to her "Melee" moveset.
Kinda hard to counter-check my sources with the topic I skimmed over last night already down... What did he say then, and what's actually happening to Zelda that got him so bothered? .w.
The one who formulated the response was Vanguard, not me actually.
Someone took something Zhime said about Zelda and misinterpreted it and made a huge deal out of it. I'm not sure why it's been taken down, since we had no hand in this. Perhaps the user took it down himself? I'm not quite familiar with how Reddit works, but at the very least, I know we haven't removed it.
Unlike what was stated in the reddit post, we are still good friends with Zhime, but he has moved to Japan for a personal project of his, and he has less opportunities to work on and promote Project M. It sucks that he had to leave, because he's such a fun person to talk to, but we understand that he has his priorities and we wish him well (and we hope to talk to you soon again buddy).
Zhime himself responded that he bears no ill-will toward the PMBR for his leave and believes in this project. His only concern was that with Ryoko and himself being less involved, there isn't a dedicated Zelda player in the BR (albeit I'd like to say that Magus is an extremely talented Zelda user).
As for concerns about Zelda... they've been blown waaaay out of proportion, and the original poster as well as Zhime even admitted to that (thanks btw, that was cool of you). We're not making Melee Zelda again. That'd be the death of creativity. That wa smore of an assumption someone made along the line of discussion. Zhime never stated that.
I hope that cleared everything up, and thanks again for supporting Project M guys.
(I'm sure Zhime will be delighted by such continuous outbursts of kindness, but is this really the place for the random 2nd-person praise...?)
Huh. Odd, I do remember talks about something with Zelda which was being changed and causing trouble, either in the chat logs or in Vanguard's post. (My bad on the name)
I didn't mean to imply it was closed by you though. It just seemed odd that the author closed it so fast.
That's okay, you are not the first to confuse Vanguard with me, lol.
And yeah, no trouble. Zhime came himself to fix the issue, people made assumptions on comments he made and blew it out of proportions, unfortunately.
As for why it was closed, I think that the author removed it at Zhime's request? I' not sure to be honest.
There we go, found a link to the deleted thread (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/22d8ic/zhime_resigns_from_pmbr_over_upcoming_zelda/) now that I'm on my "good computer."
And a link to the pictures (http://imgur.com/a/HAoL8) too.Edit: By an unfortunate turn of events, the aforementionned pictures seem to have ~mysteriously~ disappeared right after I posted here. No worries though, I've got this in the bag:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Zhime does seem to want to redirect any sort of drama from his public figure and the PMBR, but apparently I wasn't exactly wrong in saying his main reason for leaving the PMBR was because of a strong disagreement over design choices on Zelda. That Japan thing certainly doesn't seem like the main thing at all.
He also does seem to do a lot of damage control in that public post as opposed to that chat's brutal honesty. There's talk about it like it's been awhile and forgotten, but unless the OP is very much lying about the date, AND photoshopped the screenshots, he was still mad enough about it just recently. At least enough to empty his basket on a random internet player.
The Melee thing seems to have just been speculation though, which is probably why Nano only adressed that specific point. At least you guys seem to still be BFFs. That sure is at least consistant in every single post.
...Still kinda funny to see talks about "no ill-will" in public, and then "stupid/biased/they won't listen to me/I'm the one being targetted" being thrown around in private.
I'm suddenly reminded of that Kittyleaks disaster.
So with these changes to Zelda, do you think we'll see a Phantom Slash move?
I would LOVE that. I really want to get accustomed to not using Sheik.
Quote from: ethanrodgers223 on April 13, 2014, 12:33:05 AM
So with these changes to Zelda, do you think we'll see a Phantom Slash move?
I would LOVE that. I really want to get accustomed to not using Sheik.
Not happening dude. Trust me. Their aim isn't to do what the new Smash is doing if the way the movesets currently are is any indication. Not only that, giving Zelda the Phantom Slash would just be begging for a lawsuit.
Quote from: ethanrodgers223 on April 13, 2014, 12:33:05 AM
So with these changes to Zelda, do you think we'll see a Phantom Slash move?
I would LOVE that. I really want to get accustomed to not using Sheik.
Do you even know what the
M in Project M stands for?
Quote from: Velen on April 13, 2014, 12:42:16 AM
Not happening dude. Trust me. Their aim isn't to do what the new Smash is doing if the way the movesets currently are is any indication. Not only that,giving Zelda the Phantom Slash would just be begging for a lawsuit.
wat
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on April 13, 2014, 01:15:05 PM
Do you even know what the M in Project M stands for?
Before you say Melee trying to be clever, it doesn't stand for Melee. It's just an M.
No matter the fact this project is exceedingly Melee-centric, and your Twitter and Youtube handles clearly say "ProjectMelee"? r)
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on April 13, 2014, 07:48:44 PM
Before you say Melee trying to be clever, it doesn't stand for Melee. It's just an M.
Kind of odd to say, considering the old FAQ of Project M's initial release had this question:
Can I call this Melee 2.0?
Yes.
Don't wanna add the fact that it's from one of their members...
Besides... Why would they take the "M" for only a letter when their own Wiki article says this:
QuoteProject M is a mod for Super Smash Bros. Brawl designed to make the gameplay more closely resemble that of Super Smash Bros. Melee mainly
Maybe they changed perspectives? Tons of projects do that. They start with one goal and modify it as time passes in order to make the project better...
Quote from: Miacis on April 13, 2014, 09:02:32 PM
No matter the fact this project is exceedingly Melee-centric, and your Twitter and Youtube handles clearly say "ProjectMelee"? r)
Just letting you know, the current Twitter handle is "ProjectMGame", not "ProjectMelee".
As for the YouTube handle, it's antiquated, and since it's possible to change the display name, it's not a big deal.
And in case people are wondering, the 'M' in Project M does refers to Melee, but it's not a synonym to the latter, nor does it dictate our overall design goals (e.g. Lucario).
P.S.
Samus' current FTilt and FSmash have been inspired by Smash4.
Interesting trivia perhaps?
Quote from: ds22 on April 13, 2014, 10:44:36 PM
Just letting you know, the current Twitter handle is "ProjectMGame", not "ProjectMelee".
As for the YouTube handle, it's antiquated, and since it's possible to change the display name, it's not a big deal.
And in case people are wondering, the 'M' in Project M does refers to Melee, but it's not a synonym to the latter, nor does it dictate our overall design goals (e.g. Lucario).
P.S.
Samus' current FTilt and FSmash have been inspired by Smash4.
Interesting trivia perhaps?
Very interesting trivia indeed. Makes me wonder if any other characters moves (like Yoshi's U tilt) was inspired by SMB4 or something .
Quote from: ds22 on April 13, 2014, 10:44:36 PM
Just letting you know, the current Twitter handle is "ProjectMGame", not "ProjectMelee".
As for the YouTube handle, it's antiquated, and since it's possible to change the display name, it's not a big deal.
And in case people are wondering, the 'M' in Project M does refers to Melee, but it's not a synonym to the latter, nor does it dictate our overall design goals (e.g. Lucario).
I know. It's basic rebranding. Trying to stray away from the original name, and thus avoid being chained up to "Melee" and everything it entails.
It's just that saying it "doesn't stand for Melee" is about as relevant as telling me that the name KFC has nothing to do with Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Let's get one thing straight. They said it plays like Melee, but its not Melee. "Like" not "Is". So any fanboy can quickly assume that the M stands for Melee Which can stand for ANYTHING . But hey, at the end of the day, I sit on my couch, smoke a cig, and think to myself and say "if you like the thing, enjoy it."
Hi! I dunno if I can ask this here, but I wanted to know if someone knows how to enable screen hits (when a character is sent flying) in PM, I watched the Turbo Tuesday video about Samus, two weeks ago, and at some point I saw how Ganondorf was sent flying and made a screen hit, so I believe it is possible to enable that feature within the mod. I'm not into competitive play, so I don't care about that "screen hits are quicker than being sent flying to the background, therefore it's a matter of luck who wins when players are sento to the background at the same time" thing.
Thanks in advance :)
What's going on guys? TheDarkMysteryMan here and today I'm here to present you with another challenge for Project M.
!!THE BOW WOW ORGY CHALLENGE!!
So the Challenge itself is small; however, it can be perhaps the most difficult challenge I can think of at this time (Maybe even harder than the GIGADURANCE.)
So here's the rundown:
1. The player must start a team battle against three CPU's (All level 9.)
2. All CPU's are Bowser (No surprise.)
3. The CPU's must all be allies (Same team) and must be against you.
4. Friendly fire must be off.
5. All players must have 4 stocks.
6. NO ITEMS! (Not even the smash ball.)
7. Time limit is the standard default (8 minutes.)
8. The battle must be fought on Final Destination (Nowhere else.)
So...anyone think they can handle it?
Sadly I couldn't. I was barely even able to kill 6 of them.
If you think this is easy, then by all means go right ahead and try, but don't blame me when you throw your controller across the room from the sheer anger this challenge will bring you.
I gave you guys the warning.
If you're going to try, then good luck to you...you're going to need it.
I doubt they'll be harder then 3 rabid Ness's trying to tear your head off, so sure, why not?
When I think I almost made the Gigadurance, if they don't have steroids, that may be possible... Turbo mode authorized? If that's for all 4 players in the match that is...
Quote from: Akeno Rogue on April 25, 2014, 11:30:07 AM
When I think I almost made the Gigadurance, if they don't have steroids, that may be possible... Turbo mode authorized? If that's for all 4 players in the match that is...
No. Just you and four extreme, evil, difficult to kill Bowsers.
Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on April 25, 2014, 04:03:35 PM
No. Just you and four extreme, evil, difficult to kill Bowsers.
You mean 3, right?
Well then... When I'll be back home... I'm gonna
rape beat them
(http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/gilgamesh_fsn.jpg)
Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on April 25, 2014, 08:59:27 AM
What's going on guys? TheDarkMysteryMan here and today I'm here to present you with another challenge for Project M.
!!THE BOW WOW ORGY CHALLENGE!!
So the Challenge itself is small; however, it can be perhaps the most difficult challenge I can think of at this time (Maybe even harder than the GIGADURANCE.)
So here's the rundown:
1. The player must start a team battle against three CPU's (All level 9.)
2. All CPU's are Bowser (No surprise.)
3. The CPU's must all be allies (Same team) and must be against you.
4. Friendly fire must be off.
5. All players must have 4 stocks.
6. NO ITEMS! (Not even the smash ball.)
7. Time limit is the standard default (8 minutes.)
8. The battle must be fought on Final Destination (Nowhere else.)
So...anyone think they can handle it?
I made that challenge before you did, except it was on Turbo Mode. So yeah. I did it before anybody else did. And Bowsers are easy to kill. Try 3 Ness, and then come back.
Project M - Mewtwo vs Ness Trio Turbo Mode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwqvrR2WRc#)
Quote from: Mr. Me on April 25, 2014, 05:00:42 PM
I made that challenge before you did, except it was on Turbo Mode. So yeah. I did it before anybody else did. And Bowsers are easy to kill. Try 3 Ness, and then come back.
Project M - Mewtwo vs Ness Trio Turbo Mode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwqvrR2WRc#)
Then try my GIGADURANCE challenge then call me in the morning.
Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on April 25, 2014, 05:08:02 PM
Then try my GIGADURANCE challenge then call me in the morning.
What are the rules to this challenge besides facing Giga Bowser?
Quote from: Mr. Me on April 25, 2014, 05:42:12 PM
What are the rules to this challenge besides facing Giga Bowser?
1. Must use full code set Project M 3.0 (Its okay to use WiFi, its just more convenient to use full).
2. Must be against Giga Browser (Hold R When you Select him and let go when you reach the stage selection,you can also use a second controller on were the CPU is and Activate him the same way) .
3. NO ITEMS! Not even the smash ball.
4. No time limits.
5. The player can have between 1-5 stocks.Giga Bowser however, Will have a full 30 Stocks .
6. You must fight him only on Final destination and Battlefield.
7. It's okay to use the reset button code (which is L+R+Y+A+START) as long as you don't forfeit the match. Keep Trying!!
8. Level 9
P.S. I've token off at least 19 stocks before I died completely using 5 stocks.
Good Luck . . .Your going to need it
Quote from: TheDarkMysteryMan on April 25, 2014, 05:52:15 PM
1. Must use full code set Project M 3.0 (Its okay to use WiFi, its just more convenient to use full).
2. Must be against Giga Browser (Hold R When you Select him and let go when you reach the stage selection,you can also use a second controller on were the CPU is and Activate him the same way) .
3. NO ITEMS! Not even the smash ball.
4. No time limits.
5. The player can have between 1-5 stocks.Giga Bowser however, Will have a full 30 Stocks .
6. You must fight him only on Final destination and Battlefield.
7. It's okay to use the reset button code (which is L+R+Y+A+START) as long as you don't forfeit the match. Keep Trying!!
8. Level 9
P.S. I've token off at least 19 stocks before I died completely using 5 stocks.
Good Luck . . .Your going to need it
If I can do the Turbo Mode Ness Challenge, I can do this.
I'm going to handicap myself a little bit, I'll have 1 stock only.
Don't get too [censored]y.
I hate to say this, but has anyone else noticed when you play through classic in intense, all your skills are just...GONE!
I mean hear me out on this. I take on at least 3 CPU's on team's with no friendly fire, and come out with no problems (I know you guy's can do the same aswell. Not trying to say I'm the best or anything,) but as soon as i go into classic mode, i get my butt kicked by everyone...EVERYONE! I mean, here's an example that actually happens to me all the time:
As soon as the round starts, I would get combo's left and right, get there health at a high percentage, and go for the kill. Everything sound's like it's going fine and dandy right? Nope.
They wont die when i put them even above 120%, even with a sweetspot, they some how get me everytime i come down from getting juggled in the air for (which i always get away from, but yet, they always find a way to continue it,)and kill me at around 70%...with a sour spot...towards the ceiling...when i'm Ganondorf. :rage:
Anyone else had this experience or had something like it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQIy7P7RWo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQIy7P7RWo)
Yea, it's Brawl gameplay but it's essentionally the same thing.
I should probably add that the Momentum Cancel part does not apply to Melee and P:M since you can't attack or air dodge out of hitstun.
Trust me. I know about D.I. and i try my very best to do it, but it feels like im always too late to slam the joysticks the other direction, but it never goes for my favor...at all.
Well you have to hold the direction before you get hit, not while you're getting hit or while you're flying. So basically say you used some really laggy move, since you know the opponent is gonna punish you for that you just hold the direction you want to DI towards as you're still in landing lag. Or when you're getting grabbed, just hold the direction you feel would give you the best chances at surviving.
Also, since you're playing against CPUs.. they can basically just always "react" to your attacks anyway, so it shouldn't be too surprising for them to live that long.
I knew about DI input before impact. IT's just in classic only is where ALL of my move's and skills go down the drain. I mean, you try to go against three rabid ness's or lucas's with all of the skill and knowledge you know and survive without losing a stock. ;)
Quote from: Queen Chrysalis. on May 06, 2014, 06:03:36 PM
I mean, you try to go against three rabid ness's or lucas's with all of the skill and knowledge you know and survive without losing a stock. ;)
That's something else... Especially on steroids... Turbo mode, that is...
Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 06, 2014, 06:05:39 PMThat's something else... Especially on steroids... Turbo mode, that is...
Sister, you don't know how many controller's i have shattered at my wall just to beat a giant ness or a bunch of lucas's
Lol... If you see it like that, then it's quite normal... Lol
Quote from: Queen Chrysalis. on May 06, 2014, 06:07:29 PMSister
Although I have a preference for alot of Female character (especially Akeno, which is why I borrowed her name), I am a guy. Just in case you... didn't know... r)
Quote from: Queen Chrysalis. on May 06, 2014, 06:03:36 PM
I mean, you try to go against three rabid ness's or lucas's with all of the skill and knowledge you know and survive without losing a stock. ;)
What does that have to do with skill at all. You could just mash buttons and win that. lol
You should also be a little more specific. Did you have items on? What stage? Did you use Giga Bowser? ;)
Quote from: Abbi on May 06, 2014, 07:16:22 PM
What does that have to do with skill at all. You could just mash buttons and win that. lol
You should also be a little more specific. Did you have items on? What stage? Did you use Giga Bowser? ;)
No items
Competitive Fourside
No, I use Game &Watch
Post Merge: May 06, 2014, 07:26:04 PM
Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 06, 2014, 07:04:41 PM
Although I have a preference for alot of Female character (especially Akeno, which is why I borrowed her name), I am a guy. Just in case you... didn't know... r)
Oh trust me, I knew you were a guy. I was referring to your character. That's all. :D
Quote from: Queen Chrysalis. on May 06, 2014, 07:23:03 PM
No items
Competitive Fourside
No, I use Game &Watch
Post Merge: May 06, 2014, 07:26:04 PM
Oh trust me, I knew you were a guy. I was referring to your character. That's all. :D
Try Final Destination, it's actually harder, especially in Turbo Mode. I did it. ;D
Project M - Mewtwo vs Ness Trio Turbo Mode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwqvrR2WRc#)
You like this video, don't you?
Quote from: Queen Chrysalis. on May 06, 2014, 07:23:03 PMOh trust me, I knew you were a guy. I was referring to your character. That's all. :D
Yea, yea... r) lol jk
Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 06, 2014, 08:33:53 PM
You like this video, don't you?
Yes, yes I do.
It is my video, after all.
Quote from: Mr. Me on May 06, 2014, 09:59:23 PM
Yes, yes I do. It is my video, after all.
You little narcissic player... jk, you're not... :P
But well... I need to make it someday... I barely beat one of them and took 1 stock to the other 2...
tried to join PMBR, but appearntly I am not the one they are looking for so... "better luck next time" for me
a question through, is it possible to have one ISO thats only for regular brawl while another ISO thats only Project M? cant set it to work :Y (not asking for download it, more of how to set it uo)
Quote from: pikazz on May 10, 2014, 11:27:50 AM
tried to join PMBR, but appearntly I am not the one they are looking for so... "better luck next time" for me
a question through, is it possible to have one ISO thats only for regular brawl while another ISO thats only Project M? cant set it to work :Y (not asking for download it, more of how to set it uo)
Well if you follow the Project M Dolphin Netplay guide, you can embed Project M's assets and codes into a Brawl ISO.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1t4iab/project_m_30_netplay_guide/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1t4iab/project_m_30_netplay_guide/)
You're on your own when it comes to getting the needed materials though.
Quote from: pikazz on May 10, 2014, 11:27:50 AM
tried to join PMBR, but appearntly I am not the one they are looking for so... "better luck next time" for me
a question through, is it possible to have one ISO thats only for regular brawl while another ISO thats only Project M? cant set it to work :Y (not asking for download it, more of how to set it uo)
You can use a virtual SD Card.
http://youtu.be/SP03UBBcqvw (http://youtu.be/SP03UBBcqvw)
cant play on dolpin :Y my laptop cant handle that power!
but will try EYs method on the first step and import it on hard drive!
Does Project M still have SDHC support?
Why would we remove it?
Any new information on future updates?
I haven't heard anything lately. /:
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on June 25, 2014, 03:07:59 AM
Any new information on future updates?
I haven't heard anything lately. /:
I'm excited to watch the CEO tournament.
Quote from: Nαno on June 27, 2014, 10:36:58 PM
I'm excited to watch the CEO tournament.
When is it?
Quote from: Mr. Me on June 27, 2014, 10:45:41 PM
When is it?
Now.
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp (http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp)
Project M CEO fighting ring stage addon released
>Little Mac Confirmed
All-Star Versus Mode! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnoBDZM0zQg#ws)
Classic Pit alt? Holy [censored].
I dont really like all these alts
but that marth.
Am I the only one that cared for only the alts?
Quote from: Segtendo on June 28, 2014, 03:28:24 AM
Am I the only one that cared for only the alts?
I liked Classic Pit, but I'm more curious what Lucario's is.
Quote from: Segtendo on June 28, 2014, 03:28:24 AM
Am I the only one that cared for only the alts?
I mean you gotta appreciate the talent in the coding of that new All Star mode.
But I do mostly enjoy the alts :P
Also, I love how I asked for new information, then three days later, boom, announcement.
I'm not a fan of Project M, but I love the alts that come out of it.
I remember Pik attempted a classic Pit vertex over Toon Link ages ago, but its foot had problems...
47.
47.
47.
Where's Skull Kid, guys?? Plssssss
In all seriousness though, I feel like Soj and Cobalt (and maybe others, I don't know) might've overhyped this a little too much. But hey whatever, the new mode looks pretty sick, the new alts look stupidly good especially that new Marth and Ganon.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Oh? Sigurd Marth?
I love it already!
Also, more footage on All Star Versus mode.
http://youtu.be/pdIppnwqc3Q (http://youtu.be/pdIppnwqc3Q)
You know. Somehow Light Suit Samus being her alt doesn't surprise me.
it seems like it still needs some polishing at the menu aspects, but it does look really awesome, also can't wait to see if there are more alt costumes made that we know nothing about yet :D
Quote from: Nαno on June 28, 2014, 06:09:17 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Okay, I thought the Ryu references were blatant as is... this is just over kill. ಠ_ಠ
also, long haired ganondorf possibility?
after all, OoT's ganondorf became a true menace as a full adult, with his long hair and epic organ playing skillz
EDIT:
this is P:M related:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69138.0 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69138.0)
http://kotaku.com/the-best-smash-bros-mod-around-just-keeps-getting-bett-1597329687?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow (http://kotaku.com/the-best-smash-bros-mod-around-just-keeps-getting-bett-1597329687?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow)
Sometimes I wonder if P:M will affect Smash 4's sales.
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on June 28, 2014, 04:38:59 PM
Sometimes I wonder if P:M will affect Smash 4's sales.
It probably will at this point, and I don't see Project M asking people to support Smash 4. Hmmm.
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on June 28, 2014, 04:38:59 PMSometimes I wonder if P:M will affect Smash 4's sales.
Quote from: Velen on June 28, 2014, 04:49:16 PMIt probably will at this point, and I don't see Project M asking people to support Smash 4. Hmmm.
Don't worry. PM won't affect Smash 4's sales in a big way. Just the people who refuse to change and adapt won't buy it.
The majority of people will still buy Smash 4, regardless if it's competitive or not. Myself included.
Sakurai himself stated that he wanted to have Smash Bros. stay as a party fighter. So if they don't like that route, then stick to Melee/PM and leave the fans of slower play alone. While I do enjoy Melee/PM more than Brawl, I'll still give Smash 4 a try.
But let's not turn this into a Melee/PM vs Brawl/Smash 4 debate/argument.
Aside from the Alts, are you guys going to do something with Captain Falcon? Just curious.
Quote from: RoboticCyborg on June 28, 2014, 05:06:37 PM
Aside from the Alts, are you guys going to do something with Captain Falcon? Just curious.
We do have plans for Captain Falcon, yes.
Quote from: Nαno on June 28, 2014, 05:52:45 PM
We do have plans for Captain Falcon, yes.
Good, because I can't look at Falcon anymore being so hunched over. BLAH! The taunt, his teching, his damage fly you know that stuff.
Thanks for the feedback, guys. More alts are coming next update.
Love the alts, though I do believe that Light Suit Samus is a tad bit too bright. Could just be my eyes.
Pik, could we maybe get some in game pictures of the alts? Might be asking for a bit too much, but then again you did share this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I really just want to see the front of Marths alt in game haha
The alts look nice. Though I question why you guys went with the Light Suit personally.
Quote from: Velen on June 28, 2014, 10:29:04 PM
The alts look nice. Though I question why you guys went with the Light Suit personally.
seems like there are more samus' alts made though, at least that's what i understood from reading the blog post at their homepage...
http://youtu.be/CdirmdgIpCI (http://youtu.be/CdirmdgIpCI)
Hnghh, I can't wait for more Samus alts. I feel like Dark Suit and Fusion Suit would be the most logical choices since they're the only ones I can think of that couldn't be properly implemented through a texture alteration, but we'll see what they've got cookin'.
Could always vertex/import the Dark Suit and recolor the Brawl version to the Phazon Suit or something.
Come on... Famicom Disguise for Falcon Alt...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zlQFR0Wcd4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zlQFR0Wcd4)
Quote from: Gravity on June 29, 2014, 12:18:01 AM
http://youtu.be/CdirmdgIpCI (http://youtu.be/CdirmdgIpCI)
Hnghh, I can't wait for more Samus alts. I feel like Dark Suit and Fusion Suit would be the most logical choices since they're the only ones I can think of that couldn't be properly implemented through a texture alteration, but we'll see what they've got cookin'.
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on June 29, 2014, 12:41:25 AM
Could always vertex/import the Dark Suit and recolor the Brawl version to the Phazon Suit or something.
Well Star and I recently released a Dark Suit import. That's, like, a half-official P:M alt, right?
Quote from: SJS on June 29, 2014, 01:50:13 PM
Well Star and I recently released a Dark Suit import. That's, like, a half-official P:M alt, right?
I remembered your guys' import last night and ended up adding that, haha. She looks neato, by the way.
That reminds me though, I really hope they make her default color her red team color and do away with that dumb pink one. I figure that'd be easily done through codes, but I just swapped them manually and put Nano's PED Samus over the default and that's just as good I guess.
Quote from: Gravity on June 29, 2014, 03:15:23 PM
I remembered your guys' import last night and ended up adding that, haha. She looks neato, by the way.
That reminds me though, I really hope they make her default color her red team color and do away with that dumb pink one. I figure that'd be easily done through codes, but I just swapped them manually and put Nano's PED Samus over the default and that's just as good I guess.
That won't happen simply because of Zero Suit's standard costume being blue. Wouldn't fit with the red team. Probably why Nintendo switched it to the pink costume in the first place.
That Dark Suit import is indeed pretty sick. Also, Nano did the PED Suit import right?... Along with the Light Suit that is now an official alt... Hmm...
Quote from: Mochtroid127 on June 29, 2014, 03:59:22 PM
That won't happen simply because of Zero Suit's standard costume being blue.
Unless they completely disabled transforming mid-match, maybe? Then they'd be totally separate characters and you could mix and match costumes as you please.... I think.
I don't know. Samus is an odd one. She's one of the few characters that (as far as I know) has never been cloned or ported. I would think even as simple as it sounds, it would take a lot of coding. There is a really old code out there that stops her transformations, but I would also think the game would still consider them together no matter what you do. I'm surprised they managed to get it to allow you can select both of their defaults at the same time with separate players. If anyone can do it, it's the PMBR I suppose.
Watching CEO 2014 right now and MAN, Pit looks ridiculously annoying.
Quote from: Pin0yB0i on June 29, 2014, 06:20:58 PM
Watching CEO 2014 right now and MAN, Pit looks ridiculously annoying.
He can be if your opponent knows him as well as Armada does. Sonic is worse IMO. I got beat by someone playing at MAGFest because he B spammed me to death. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't escape. Not a violent person, but I wanted to turn around knock his chair over or something. Ivysaur is by far my least favorite though.
Oh man, there's this one dude in the group of people I play Smash with who hates Ivysaur. He's a Marth player, so he hates dealing with projectile spam.
Which is why he hates my Link, hueheuheuheuheuehueheu
Hey, if someone tries to lame me out..
I have pills/fireballs. I really don't have to care about your projectile at all lol
Anyway, for everyone who wants to watch P:M at CEO right now, it's at twitch.tv/ceogaming
Quote from: Gravity on June 29, 2014, 07:20:49 PM
Oh man, there's this one dude in the group of people I play Smash with who hates Ivysaur. He's a Marth player, so he hates dealing with projectile spam.
Which is why he hates my Link, hueheuheuheuheuehueheu
I can see that for Marth a little bit, but try Ganon against projectiles. :P Projectiles I don't mind, Ivysaur, I do. Brawl Ivaysaur was stupid too. He wasn't even that good, but people would just get online and A spam on the ledge and get rewarded for it.
OMG Wizzrobe is making Sonic into the new Fox/Meta Knight. Homing B spam FTW. :/
Post Merge: June 29, 2014, 07:56:04 PM
Never thought I would ever say this, but I'm pulling for FOX.
*sigh* Looks like Munchlax wins another tournament.
That was an amazing set though.
Quote from: Nαno on June 28, 2014, 06:09:17 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Oh my. Seeing some Jugdral love was becoming more and rare, even coming from IntSys's side.
Kinda disappointed the Falchion is untouched, though. Would have been sweet to see the artist's (Pik's?) take on the Tyrfing's minute differences with the Falchion.
Have some screenshots.
http://imgur.com/a/0RiuL (http://imgur.com/a/0RiuL)
i absolutely love ganondorf's face.
That Pit was awesome. He was the one we would see in those fake melee roster pictures back in 2005 :D
Quote from: Nαno on July 01, 2014, 08:00:01 PM
Have some screenshots.
http://imgur.com/a/0RiuL (http://imgur.com/a/0RiuL)
I like the Dark Pit recolor. Is that a separate alt too? Also, at least make his bow silver because that's his primary weapon in Uprising.
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on July 02, 2014, 04:56:14 PM
I like the Dark Pit recolor. Is that a separate alt too? Also, at least make his bow silver because that's his primary weapon in Uprising.
This is Pit from NES, not 3DS
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on July 02, 2014, 05:24:37 PM
This is Pit from NES, not 3DS
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on July 02, 2014, 04:56:14 PM
I like the Dark Pit recolor. Is that a separate alt too? Also, at least make his bow silver because that's his primary weapon in Uprising.
(http://i.imgur.com/mbSi56Eh.jpg)
I found the preliminary tier list for 3.02:
http://clashtournaments.com/project-m-3-02-preliminary-tier-list/ (http://clashtournaments.com/project-m-3-02-preliminary-tier-list/)
Fox and Falco sitting alone in Top Tier
Shocker
Saw this one when it first came out and I can't believe Fox and Falco are at the top. Sonic, Ivysaur, Pit, Meta Knight, Diddy, and Zelda should all be above them. All I've heard about those two, especially Falco, is that they aren't similar enough to Melee. I used to main Falco in both Melee and Brawl and I like PM Falco better. Ganon, not as much, but still. Also, Bowser is by no means bad either and he's pretty low, I guess the idea is that regardless of where a character is ranked, the gap isn't very big.
CT's preliminary tier list is a complete and total farce. The players that participated in making that list haven't seen/played a third of the characters in actual bracket matches due to nobody using them in mid/high level matches.
It's too early for an accurate tier list for PM anyway.
Tiers are for q****s.
Ooc: Is the Q word considered a bad word in America? Just maikn sure.
Quote from: Scout on July 03, 2014, 11:34:58 PM
Tiers are for queers.
Don't censor dodge. Either write the word in its fullest, or use a different word.
Quote from: Scout on July 03, 2014, 11:34:58 PMOoc: Is the Q word considered a bad word in America? Just maikn sure.
"Queer" is used as a derogatory term towards homosexuals here in the US. But who really cares? You shouldn't be so sensitive. Stay on the topic please.
Quote from: Gravity on July 03, 2014, 09:33:41 PM
Fox and Falco sitting alone in Top Tier
Shocker
Need I even bother pointing out the reason why that is despite what EY said?
Quote from: Gravity on July 04, 2014, 12:26:51 AM
Oh god please no
Look who made an assumption. .__.
I have nothing to say on the matter, cause believe it or not, I expected at least Fox or Falco to be the highest on the list.
The reason they're there should be self evident to everyone. So it goes without saying.
Mewtwo is way too low on that.
Samus is WAAAY too low too.
Bowser is way too low.
Squirtle is too high.
Jigglypuff is pretty horrible in P:M becouse of recoverys being so stupidly good overall, so she should be like at least bottom 5.
And yea, characters like G&W are so low on that becouse nobody knows what they're capable of yet.
And I also don't see Fox or Falco still being the best characters, they're still godly, but there's so many new characters that just seem to win against them really consistently.
But then again, it's way too early to even say that, too.
i think it's more based on what players feel comfortable with, and thus choose...
instead of trying a new character, let's just select fox or falco and hope it's melee.
Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 03, 2014, 11:49:37 PM
Don't censor dodge. Either write the word in its fullest, or use a different word.
"Queer" is used as a derogatory term towards homosexuals here in the US. But who really cares? You shouldn't be so sensitive. Stay on the topic please.
Thank you for answering my question kind sir ^_^'
I believe tier lists are just there to help people choose, in the end, its all about the player himself rather than the list.
Using TF2 for example, Spies were bottomtier until 2002, players begun experimenting, and they are one of the most annoying classes to deal with today.
Look at what Amsa has done with Yoshi, Axe with Pikachu, Darrell, Hugs, and now Plup with Samus, and Kage, Loki, and Bizzaro Flame with Ganon. All High-Mid tier or lower or at least for now.
Characters are 'better' based on how many options they have in every possible situation and how easily they can do what they want with their opponent, which is why you don't usually see Bowser beating Fox, but it's not impossible. It's just that based on previous results, Fox wins most of the time because of what he can do, so Bowser is considered to be at a disadvantage in that matchup. That's all tiers are. People misinterpret it though that tier mean you have to play Fox to be good.
The best players in the world can all play Fox, Falco, or both, but most of them have a different character they use a lot as well. Mew2King has Sheik and Marth and can pretty much play any character, Mango has Falcon and Puff among others, Armada (probably the best player in the world) mains Peach and has an amazing Young Link, PP has a Marth, the list goes on. These days, you're expected to be able to play one of the Star Fox characters at least as a secondary for 20XX. I refuse. Falco is fun, but I'll never main him again. I have been working on Marth and Sheik though. Long live Ganon!
in P:M i main ganon all the time, thing is, i can only play vs Cpu... but meh.
sucks to live at europe (at least for this)...
In PM I main ROB and Charizard; these guys are pretty good, I sometimes end up winning the best fox in the club, but never beat the best Roy.
I usually like to play a lot of different characters in PM just because some of them like Bowser are so much better than they used to be. If I were competing, I guess I would narrow my top 3 down to Ganon, Snake, and probably Ike. Love using Samus as well.
I never have just one character I play as. I'm actually sick of Project M cause I main every character, just like in Melee
Quote from: Scout on January 13, 2014, 07:10:31 PM
Not just that, most mods that had some sort of bone change freezes.
For me...
How do you fix that?
Hey I have a questions and I'd like a PMBR member to answer. and its about everyone's favorite Purple Hat man Waluigi. What is the "REAL" reason you guys don't want my PSA in your mod, Now I honestly could give 2 [censored]s about him being in or not. the real reason I ask is because I get asked on a daily bases for him to be "officially" now at the stage I have Waluigi at is pretty much an easy job to port him and add him in to make people happy.
Now to the point. Why?
Quote from: marioking64DS on July 07, 2014, 05:17:52 AMHey I have a questions and I'd like a PMBR member to answer. and its about everyone's favorite Purple Hat man Waluigi. What is the "REAL" reason you guys don't want my PSA in your mod, Now I honestly could give 2 [censored]s about him being in or not. the real reason I ask is because I get asked on a daily bases for him to be "officially" now at the stage I have Waluigi at is pretty much an easy job to port him and add him in to make people happy.
Now to the point. Why?
The PMBR has a limited number of clone slots at the moment, but we currently have tentative plans for them.
why is your clone engine better than brawlEx?
and if it's not, why not use BrawlEx, which is a lot more customizable, and has plenty of slots...
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 07, 2014, 08:38:16 PM
why is your clone engine better than brawlEx?
When was that said? I'm curious.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 07, 2014, 08:38:16 PM
why is your clone engine better than brawlEx?
and if it's not, why not use BrawlEx, which is a lot more customizable, and has plenty of slots...
Yeah, that'd save me some trouble when the Engine gets leaked out every other month.
Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 07, 2014, 03:30:21 PM
The PMBR has a limited number of clone slots at the moment
Then upgrate to BrawlEX or make a better cloning engine what can do more then 10 customs per character and add more then 7.
Quote from: marioking64DS on July 08, 2014, 01:05:36 AM
Then upgrate to BrawlEX or make a better cloning engine what can do more then 10 customs per character and add more then 7.
Won't that be too much to handle?
I mean, even with the Brawl EX, they might still release new characters very slowly due to balance/glitch testing, its not like they will make the next version and have all slots taken, or 1/4 of it so to speak.
I would not make a difference at all if you think about it.
Also, I need to mention, your sig is huge... very huge... you might wanna size it down.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 07, 2014, 08:38:16 PM
why is your clone engine better than brawlEx?
and if it's not, why not use BrawlEx, which is a lot more customizable, and has plenty of slots...
That is a good point, and I can't see what the PMBR has to say to that. *pops popcorn to watch*
I can think of one thing that would hinder them if they were to use BrawlEx... Kirby hats.
...
But, I dunno, you know.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 07, 2014, 08:38:16 PM
why is your clone engine better than brawlEx?
PM's CE loads on the first try unlike BrawlEX which sometimes doesnt load, and kirby hats
thats the only things i can think of.
Can you add unlimited amounts of like, custom voices to BrawlEX? Becouse I feel like the only reason they're sticking with "adding 7 characters only" is so they can replace the bosses voices for the characters.
But then again.. there's way more than just 7 bosses in the game right? Maybe some of them don't have enough sfx files to edit or something, I don't know.
I'd honestly prefer if they didn't go beyond the 7 additional characters limit (that's 5 more). We are at 41 and the game must already be a pain to balance at this point. Introducing a new character now means balancing that character around 41 matchups. Which means they need to make sure this new character does not completely dominate any of the existing characters but also does not get completely wrecked by any of them. I'd much rather have them focus on polishing the current roster up and then let the metagame evolve on its own.
Not to mention learning all these matchups in order to be able to compete in tournaments can become a little overwhelming.
But having the ability to add characters to our own personal builds would be nice.
Quote from: Gravity on July 08, 2014, 06:52:03 PM
But having the ability to add characters to our own personal builds would be nice.
this.
Aren't there ways to make BrawlEX or whatever work with P:M already?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBSM8qdCkU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBSM8qdCkU)
at around 4:00
Quote from: Abbi on July 08, 2014, 06:58:40 PM
Aren't there ways to make BrawlEX or whatever work with P:M already?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBSM8qdCkU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBSM8qdCkU)
at around 4:00
Hey that's my video! :)
Honestly the codes used for that come close to Project M, but it still can't compare. The original PM plays much smoother than the versions that people have tried to make that are compatible with BrawlEx. I'm not sure why though... even with the same codes. It's just not the same.
OK Time to answer why for real.
The real reason we aren't using BrawlEx is because it is not as stable as our Clone Engine at this point and BrawlEx also has other problems that our Clone Engine does not.
For example, 1 out of 3 times we've tested BrawlEx with PM or in Brawl, Battlefield's My Music gets corrupted and crashes the game when choosing the stage in My Music, even without codes. Even if it can be fixed, it is very irresponsible to include a code/codeset that would damage save data in any way because of how widespread PM is at this point. While you may know how to fix it, most of the players of PM, competitive or otherwise, do not, and having that in there would create the stigma that PM corrupts save data, which is something a mod creator never wants.
Also, there's a 1 in 4 chance that common2.pac/bx_fighter.rel won't load properly when using BrawlEx, causing the game to crash on the strap screen.
Not only that, but our clone engine allows for (Limited space) Kirby Hats and has more flexibility with other codes.
The cost and consequences of using BrawlEx officially in Project M far outweighs the pros of allowing custom rosters that only you guys would know how to fully utilize.
(http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/689/961/988.jpg)
Then why not share this "clone engine" of your's if it's much better than BrawlEx's?
Quote from: Segtendo on July 08, 2014, 09:13:34 PM
Then why not share this "clone engine" of your's if it's much better than BrawlEx's?
We all know what they're going to roll out for that one.
Quote from: Segtendo on July 08, 2014, 09:13:34 PM
Then why not share this "clone engine" of your's if it's much better than BrawlEx's?
Because it's not nearly as user friendly as BrawlEx. Only 2 users can edit it cleanly without glitches and even that takes a while.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 08, 2014, 09:38:00 PM
Because it's not nearly as user friendly as BrawlEx. Only 2 users can edit it cleanly without glitches and even that takes a while.
Glad to see a response that short and too the point, and not a bunch of grandstanding nonsense that sounds like something some random corporation would put out in response.
To clarify, I'm not being sarcastic.
What I wonder is, if only two people in the world can customize that system, is it really that worthwhile to stick with it? You talk about more flexibility with other codes, but from the sounds of how complicated that Engine is to set up, it sounds more like an eldritch horror as far as programming goes.
Wouldn't researching ways to go with BrawlEx and improve from there make for a much safer route? I mean, I'm not saying "drop everything, fix BrawlEx, and have it in the next version of P:M." I'm talking about a longer term goal there.
Right now you have two people to work on it. Not only would the really slow process probably be faster if more people could work on it, but what if one or both leave the team for a variety of reasons? What if they happen to be huge jerks and you really need to kick them out of the team?
Quote from: Miacis on July 08, 2014, 10:20:13 PM
What I wonder is, if only two people in the world can customize that system, is it really that worthwhile to stick with it? You talk about more flexibility with other codes, but from the sounds of how complicated that Engine is to set up, it sounds more like an eldritch horror as far as programming goes.
Wouldn't researching ways to go from BrawlEx and improve from there make for a much safer route? I mean, I'm not saying "drop everything, fix BrawlEx, and have it in the next version of P:M." I'm talking about a longer term goal there.
Right now you have two people to work on it. Not only would the really slow process probably be faster if more people could work on it, but what if one or both leave the team for a variety of reasons? What if they happen to be incredible jerks and you really need to kick them out of the team?
Our team focuses on Project M, and Project M only. We don't need a bunch of people to work on the clone engine. If we want a slot added to the roster, we ask nicely, and they add it for us.
There is no need for to move to a new engine. The coders who came up with the codes did it because they wanted too. Yeah, it may take up more time, but it is worth it when avoiding the glitches and bugs that BrawlEx has.
If they want to fix BrawlEx, then it would pretty much be the same as our clone engine. Why would they use their time to fix something else, when we have a similar product that works not only the same, but slightly better?
Adding onto that, as I was taught by my second programming instructor (I'm not fluent in coding, just the basic [censored] mind you), if a code isn't user-friendly, it's bad coding design.
Not only that, the fact it takes so long to edit it cleanly also speaks of badly designed code, and make me wonder if the people who coded it will ever go over it and simplify the coding.
To use a metaphor: "Never complete a task in 3 actions when you can do it in 1."
@Nano:
I think you misunderstand the something here. The fact the coding is so cumbersome to edit is a problem. A problem that should be fixed because it would increase your team's productivity and ability to get these updates out faster instead of taking eons upon eons.
Furthermore, having more people who can edit the code would also have the same effect: increasing productivity and allowing you to get things done faster, cause four coders are better than two.
You do need a larger group of people to work on the clone engine, cause the way it sounds, Nano, editing the damn thing by itself is 2 adventures and a half.
You're leaving yourselves tied to anchors for the sake of what, exactly?
Quote from: Velen on July 08, 2014, 10:40:37 PM
Adding onto that, as I was taught by my second programming instructor (I'm not fluent in coding, just the basic [censored] mind you), if a code is cumbersome to edit, and isn't user-friendly, it's bad coding design.
Not only that, the fact it takes so long to edit it cleanly also speaks of badly designed code, and make me wonder if the people who coded it will ever go over it and simplify the coding.
To use a metaphor: "Never complete a task in 3 actions when you can do it in 1."
As of now, the "1 action" in this situation is not as stable as the "3 action". That by itself is a red flag. When the "1 action" becomes stable enough to be a fair comparison, we would take a more serious consideration.
Also most of the CE related work comes from animating and balancing actually. Mewtwo, for example, took months to animate and to look good, and this was before we had the Maya method. Even with the Maya method and touch, it still takes a long time to get it balanced and animated to a level that's up to our standards. This is on top of dealing with other things both PM related and when real life comes into play.
Didn't you just say that you can't release the CE because it super-complicated and long to set up? .-.
If what is taking time is actually animating and balancing, then I don't see what the big deal is. Anyone can do that without needing to tune everything to PGM Melee standards.
Quote from: Nαno on July 08, 2014, 10:32:25 PM
Our team focuses on Project M, and Project M only. [...]
I had gathered as much, but that does not adress what I was talking about. At all.
All I'm asking is whether an investment on perfecting BrawlEx on the long-term wouldn't end up faster, better, AND safer, for the reasons explained further above.
You know. A question has been on my mind. How do you guys have a clone engine better than Phantom Wings', who is one of the greatest coders of our time?
Quote from: Segtendo on July 08, 2014, 11:04:59 PM
You know. A question has been on my mind. How do you guys have a clone engine better than Phantom Wings', who is one of the greatest coders of our time?
We have Dantarion, ds22 and even wiiztec now, who are also excellent coders. Phantom Wings was just one of the founding fathers of Brawl Modding.
Quote from: Miacis on July 08, 2014, 10:57:23 PM
Didn't you just say that you can't release the CE because it super-complicated and long to set up? .-.
If what is taking time is actually animating and balancing, then I don't see what the big deal is. Anyone can do that without needing to tune everything to PGM Melee standards.
I had gathered as much, but that does not adress what I was talking about. At all.
All I'm asking is whether an investment on perfecting BrawlEx on the long-term wouldn't end up faster, better, AND safer, for the reasons explained further above.
If they make a better BrawlEx, then for us it would be the same as the Project M clone engine. The PM clone engine is perfect for what PM wants and needs.
Why waste their time working on something that they already have? If they don't want to make a user friendly version of their code, they don't have too. Its their choice.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 08, 2014, 10:48:05 PM
As of now, the "1 action" in this situation is not as stable as the "3 action". That by itself is a red flag. When the "1 action" becomes stable enough to be a fair comparison, we would take a more serious consideration.
Also most of the CE related work comes from animating and balancing actually. Mewtwo, for example, took months to animate and to look good, and this was before we had the Maya method. Even with the Maya method and touch, it still takes a long time to get it balanced and animated to a level that's up to our standards. This is on top of dealing with other things both PM related and when real life comes into play.
The problem here is you're assuming I'm talking about (or so it sounds to me) Using BrawlEX vs your Clone Engine. I'm not.
I'm talking about Project M's Clone Engine and that alone. The fact the Clone Engine is so cumbersome to edit is a problem, and means the coding needs to be optimized if it hasn't been to the fullest already, and if it has, it needs to be made simpler.
To me the fact you're all so willing to anchor down your progress with such cumbersome code is pure nonsense.
Quote from: Nαno on July 08, 2014, 11:13:05 PM
If they make a better BrawlEx, then for us it would be the same as the Project M clone engine. The PM clone engine is perfect for what PM wants and needs.
QuoteWhy waste their time working on something that they already have?
Because after some tweaking, it would end up faster (to set up), safer (for the project) and better (being more tightly programmed, so more stable). And in the long run, that could be profitable?
I don't think we're communicating properly right now. I'm not saying BrawlEx is better
today. Right now, both system have their flaws and advantages.
But to me, it seems the flaws of BrawlEx are easier to fix than the CE ones.
Well, putting rising hostilities and arguments aside for a sec and moving to your point, Velen, here's my personal opinion.
Don't forget that the PMBR and such is a large group of specialists. They do the parts that they do best, and leave the things they aren't good at to everyone else, right? Yeah, there's more than 2 people at least capable of editing the engine. But also remember that not everyone wants to focus on that. The people capable of editing the engine are the people who want to be capable of editing the engine.
PW's engine is optimized to be user friendly simply because of the way it would be used, you know? Not everyone is as technical as PW, so he specifically set it up so that folks who wanted to put the work in could learn it by themselves. It's a tool set up so that people can take it and create their own result. A module meant to be loaded into a larger result with its potential stretched out per user.
Now, with that, remember that the PM Clone Engine is aiming for a different result. They don't care so much about the process so much as the result, right? This isn't an Engine where they don't know how far it will stretch. This also isn't an Engine which is going to be handled by hands who don't know how it works. This isn't a module, it's a backbone. It's eventually going to harden into a solid state where there won't be any edits from the PMBR side. And at that point, it will be most stable because it's built to work into the system around it.
Sure, I guess it'd be possible to sit the entire back room down and teach them the clone engine. It's not an impossible feat, the PMBR is collectively very smart. They could also sit down and rework the entire engine. Like I said, they're smart. But to the PMBR, that's a waste of time. They're specialists. Why take the video editor and force him to learn how to import? He's a video editor, let him work his craft. Sitting down and reworking the engine only helps those who want to know how it works. And the only people who want to know how it works already know how it works. It would only serve to slow them down, you know?
While it is your personal opinion as you painstakingly made clear, Spex, my problem is your exaggeration of what I'm saying. Not everyone needs to learn, hell, I think it would make Project M rather lackluster and buggy if every single person on the team had input. Fact remains, 3, 4 or even 5 heads are better than two.
BrawlEX and the Clone Engine however, perform the same function. The result is adding more characters (or slots) that can be used for new characters or extra costumes. They are two different codesets achieving the same end through different means.
The problem with the Clone Engine as it stands is that it takes a very long time and the precision of a surgeon to edit it without causing problems, according to EY's earlier answer, and only two people know how to do that by any stretch. You're dragging your collective feet along simply because that's how you want it to be, the way you make it sound.
It doesn't matter how collectively smart the PMBR is if the trappings of your own decisions end up causing you problems that make doing the work a headache.
To clarify: I am impartial, despite the above, of whether you use the Clone Engine or BrawlEX, but the fact still remains: if you having a cumbersome code slows down your progress, then you should have other people fluent in coding look at it and let them suggest improvements. Being harder to edit doesn't make it more solid.
Quote from: Gravity on July 09, 2014, 01:01:48 AM
Prepare for crucifixion
damn im too late
I made some extra popcorn. You can have some if you want.
since we are talking about the coders, I actually want to ask them personally some question. it isnt about the P:Ms codes but about coding itself and learn during the process!
I have a question about Project M. Is it possible to add more costumes to a character?
Quote from: E-scope12 on July 11, 2014, 05:20:30 AM
I have a question about Project M. Is it possible to add more costumes to a character?
Check this thread (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59782.0) out. It has a small tutorial on that, but it says it is for the 2.5b version not 3.0. Idk if that will matter or not though. I haven't tried.
Quote from: E-scope12 on July 11, 2014, 05:20:30 AM
I have a question about Project M. Is it possible to add more costumes to a character?
You'll need Mewtwo2000's CBliss tool.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Four videos I think are very relevant to Project M as a game. I looked these over last night and I think as subjects of discussion, these are very recommended to watch. The last one I think I is also very relevant to Fighting Games in general.
pretty interesting videos.
Interesting indeed, but I honestly don't see what most of these videos have to do with P:M. Balancing for Skill does seem pretty relevant since I don't think that much effort is put into the balancing of characters to favor non-competitive skills. But for the others, I think we'd need a bit of an explanation as to why they would be pertinent to this specific project.
As a side-note, it got drowned out by large walls of texts but I'm still waiting for an answer as to my suggestion of switching to BrawlEx on the long-term.
Does that long silence mean consent, or is it taking you guys that long to find some popcorn?
Brb. I got plenty of popcorn at work.
Get it? Cuz I work in a movie theater.
You got your answer already in the posts of the previous page. Please read them for your answer.
Edit: Thanks Seggy for bumping this post to the next page. -_-
Anyway, make that 2 pages ago.
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 12, 2014, 07:16:53 PM
You got your answer already in the posts of the previous page. Please read them for your answer.
Maybe I missed something crucial, but all I've seen were reasons why the PMBR does not wish to replace the CE in its current state with BrawlEx (in its current state).
I'm asking about directing development towards fixing the flaws of BrawlEx instead of having to deal with the CE being slower, less safe and less tightly programmed. (Also less slots, which I guess the PMBR won't consider a problem until it becomes one.)
Right now BrawlEx has three flaws, you said, and none of them sound like they need to rerite the whole code to be fixed. In comparison, I don't think there is a way to fix the CE's flaws without basically reconstructing it. If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me, since you probably know more about it than Nano or me.
That's why I was asking.It's a question about the better(?) base to elaborate on, not on the current state of one engine vs the other.
Also, I still don't have an answer for this:
Quote from: Miacis on July 08, 2014, 10:57:23 PM
Didn't you just say that you can't release the CE because it super-complicated and long to set up? .-.
If what is taking time is actually animating and balancing, then I don't see what the big deal is. Anyone can do that without needing to tune everything to PGM Melee standards.
Once again, if I'm taking the time to ask, it's because I didn't get any answer.
***
As a side-note: sorry to say, but why is it that when there's a direct question asked to the PMBR, it always takes three pages to get a straight, not-tiptoey answer?
I had that with the whole Falco clone discussion. With Zhine leaving the team
peacefully (hah). With the whole "P:M is basically Melee 2.0" stuff. I had that with every goddam time ds22 and Dant were flipping their [censored] in Programming. Apparently mk64 also had to deal with that considering the way he was asking about Waluigi.
And now again.
This is very very irritating. Is the master credits list even done yet? About a
month ago, I pointed out that P:M barely credits anybody in the SSBB Hacking community besides their "stars" and was assured people were starting to work on it.
What's the current state of things? (And will I need to fill 3 more pages to get that answer?)
Hello, police. I'd like to report shots fired.
Allow me to (try to) explain, Mia.
The first video is relevant because of the mechanics of the characters in the game, and because of what Project M's goal is: to be a more competitive fighting game, rather than a Party Fighter. This also ties into the fact some things in Melee were brought back into Project M. Mechanics most people outside of competitive play have never heard of, don't understand very well, or have never had them adequately demonstrated or explained. Not to mention the deceptive complexity of some of the mechanics.
The third video: Depth vs Complexity, is relevant to Project M because of how the competitive community, the people this fan-made mod is mostly focused toward, are pretty much obsessed with the idea that Melee has a lot of depth, and it's relevant Project M will be mostly scrutinized for it's perceived depth compared to Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4.
The last video, Counter Play, is another important aspect because it's something that is -or should be- part of any game with any competitive type of play. It's especially relevant to fighting games because it deals with options that players have to counter an action beset upon them by the opposing player or players.
still love due that all love the melee air dodge even if it was never intended to be that game!
why does everyone love that glitch so it has to be input in P:M.
would love if they actually changed so you can "Air dodge" like in brawl, but doing the wavedash/L cancling is something else, like a new method that doesnt have to be exactly like Melee. like Pressing R/L does the Brawl Dodge which is faster while pressing Z (or something else) can let you do it like in Melee that you can move and get a extra moment
Quote from: pikazz on July 12, 2014, 11:29:24 PM
still love due that all love the melee air dodge even if it was never intended to be that game!
why does everyone love that glitch so it has to be input in P:M.
would love if they actually changed so you can "Air dodge" like in brawl, but doing the wavedash/L cancling is something else, like a new method that doesnt have to be exactly like Melee. like Pressing R/L does the Brawl Dodge which is faster while pressing Z (or something else) can let you do it like in Melee that you can move and get a extra moment
that would be cool. like. pressing R = melee dodge pressing L = brawl dodge. or something like that
Miacis-We aren't going to help develop BrawlEx. Why? We don't want to. We have more important things to work on with the project. Our clone engine works perfect for the way we need it to work.
There's your answer. I know you probably aren't happy with it, but you just have to deal with it.
And you know why there are three pages of argument? Because you can't ever be happy with an answer we give. You always have to argue and argue until you are 100% satisfied with what we say. Well I'm sorry to say this, but at this point I can tell that you will never be satisfied with Project M. So you need to just deal with it and move on.
Ah, well in that case I am very sorry for asking the questions that the PMBR does not want to answer.
There's still the other two questions in my previous post, but considering the very defensive answers I've gotten, I guess I'll sit on them for now?
I mean, who cares about crediting perfect strangers as long as they don't complain directly? [censored] the silent masses, they don't have thousands of subscribers on FB.
Quote from: Velen on July 09, 2014, 12:55:26 AM
While it is your personal opinion as you painstakingly made clear, Spex, my problem is your exaggeration of what I'm saying. Not everyone needs to learn, hell, I think it would make Project M rather lackluster and buggy if every single person on the team had input. Fact remains, 3, 4 or even 5 heads are better than two.
BrawlEX and the Clone Engine however, perform the same function. The result is adding more characters (or slots) that can be used for new characters or extra costumes. They are two different codesets achieving the same end through different means.
The problem with the Clone Engine as it stands is that it takes a very long time and the precision of a surgeon to edit it without causing problems, according to EY's earlier answer, and only two people know how to do that by any stretch. You're dragging your collective feet along simply because that's how you want it to be, the way you make it sound.
It doesn't matter how collectively smart the PMBR is if the trappings of your own decisions end up causing you problems that make doing the work a headache.
To clarify: I am impartial, despite the above, of whether you use the Clone Engine or BrawlEX, but the fact still remains: if you having a cumbersome code slows down your progress, then you should have other people fluent in coding look at it and let them suggest improvements. Being harder to edit doesn't make it more solid.
Nobody said our CE was cumbersome or badly coded, or took surgical precision to edit(lol) you inferred all this from EY saying only 2 people knew how it worked and it took a long time to edit, but believe me adjustments to our CE is not the bottleneck to churning out new characters faster, PSA coding, animating and balancing them to professional standards is
Quote from: wiiztec on July 13, 2014, 01:37:41 AM
Nobody said our CE was cumbersome or badly coded, or took surgical precision to edit(lol) you inferred all this from EY saying only 2 people knew how it worked and it took a long time to edit, but believe me adjustments to our CE is not the bottleneck to churning out new characters faster, PSA coding, animating and balancing them to professional standards is
You're right. I did infer that all from what EY said. Cause it's the thing that makes the most sense to me. Exactly how long does each edit to the Clone Engine take you? That would give some perspective to things, wouldn't you agree?
It taking so long to work on the Clone Engine's code means there's something not quite optimal with the way it was constructed, the way I see it. Sure, I fully admit that I couldn't do it better, but the thing is, for each new slot or thing that utilizes the CE, you guys needs to edit what's already there and add new code, and the way Eternal made it sound to me, it takes you guys a headache of a time to get it all done in a timely manner.
I mean. What would you rather have? A set of code that is easy, streamlined, and simple to edit while being coded solidly, or something that takes you an adventure and a half to edit all the things you need in, when that time could've been allocated to something else going toward the project?
As I said, being harder to edit doesn't necessarily make it more solid. It just makes your jobs take longer than they need to...and while people aren't complaining about how long it's taking to get your stuff done, I think some of you would like to get these updates out faster than your current pace.
Hello, we are sorry if our members could not provide an answer to your questions in a satisfactory way. They are currently very busy with crucial parts of the game and can unfortunately be rather stressed with the the amount of work.
We are also sorry that we do not have members specialized with public relations active on kc-mm to communicate with you but our resources are limited. I will provide you answers that should hopefully cover all of the questions that have been asked recently.
First, about mariokingds64's waluigi. The process of choosing which characters will be included in the future in Project M is very intrincate and a lot of factors must be considered. We unfortunately cannot disclose how the process exactly happens, but a lot depends on what our members are willing to work with, the technical limitations, concept construction and consideration if it will be appealling to our whole public, from competitive players to those who only play the game for fun.
As the game is a non-profit effort, and will always be, having members willing to work on a character is key to make sure that it will indeed go forward. We receive character requests every day, including other people who wish to see a certain PSA in the game. But we cannot answer questions about those in order to avoid trouble in future, as it is possible that we can be working on a character but hurdles during development might force us to drop it.
We as a team have not confirmed nor deconfirmed Waluigi, but, we will not use PSAs by third persons. A character is extremely important for the game and we prefer to develop them inside the team with possible collaboration with outside artists for their aesthetics, this way we can have a greater degree of control over its development. It is the most professional way to handle character development in our situation. We hope you understand.
Now, the questions asked by Miacis.
We wish to stay with the inside developed CE as it fullfils all the needs we have for the game. We have chosen to stay with 7 slots in order to maintain a more controlled development environment, gives us a tangible limit, makes it easier to solve the system problems without having to replace more stuff in the future and also because developing 7 characters in the most professional way is very demanding and our members work on the game only during their free time and are not paid to work. Other point is that the character inclusion must eventually end and depending on the demands of our public we might not even need to use all of the slots. Having 41 characters to learn how to fight against is already a lot to ask from the players and we must be cautious with new character inclusions.
Also, our members responsible for the engine will have an easier time working on a code they constructed then on a code they do not know completely. We have no interest in officially supporting the BrawlEx development due to the fact that we already have what we need and the advantages of BrawlEx are not appealling to us to justify a transition.
About credits, we are very busy with the game in order to concentrate a lot of effort into crediting. This way, the most convenient way to handle it is to leave to the creators, if a person feels he is not being properly credited, contact us and we will fix it. Our members mostly do not care much about crediting and are more concerned with creating more content for players to enjoy, but when they wish to be publicly known for having done something, we will make sure that the creator's name will be shown if not in the game due to limited resources but in our official website or social media channels.
We hope the answers were satisfactory, if not, we unfortunately cannot disclose more information about CE and new character inclusions.
edit: I apologize if the post sounds a lot too formal, but english is not my first language and that is the way I have to make sure the information I convey will be understood.
Ah, a pleasant answer to sweeten the sour taste in my mouth after all this. You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Not much in the way of new information though (as good PR talk should be?).
No complaints about the English though. I'm French, so I can sympathize. :)
***
I don't see how forcing yourselves with a slot limit is helping in any way to control the size of the cast, unless the development team just cannot stop themselves from filling ALL THE SLOTS. (In which case the problem isn't on the coder's side, but on the shrink's.)
But aside from that, old stuff. So I guess the whole matter of "why not just build onto BrawlEx?" will be left to "We have no interest in it." Disappointing, but not unexpected, as I've seen from past experience.
My question was more of a coding perspective as to why the PMBR believe it'll take less time to upgrade BrawlEx to fit instead of taking more time just having the CE working. But since no more information can be disclosed about it for whatever reason, that also settles my question into a non-answer.
I guess the whole "safety" thing isn't even important enough to get mentionned either. Oh well.
Next is the bigger point of contention.
Credits.
****
You have to understand that the SSBB Hacking community is not reduced to the PMBR. In fact, a major part of the ressources used by P:M come directly from SSBB Hacking websites. I won't lie to you, but nowadays it's kinda just us. A large number of the artists that make all those sick renders and build up the hype have started here, learned from here, and become famous here. Even if some of them don't even seem to remember it.
We are an open-source community. But we still have a bit of an obligation to give proper credit where credit's due. When you take work from someone and modify it into your own, you
credit the person.
It's most basic respect. You don't see me take someone's PSA of a lifetime, botch up a few moves, and then have my name and only mine featured as the original creator.
Heck, that's not just disrespectful, that's just plain
theft.
I've been led to believe you never even started compiling the credits for all the works you've used. Which is why now, it's probably way too late to start doing it, years after. How does that happen?
How do you start working on a product that you're eventually going to market (even for free), and then never ask yourself the question of who did what?
I mean, I'm not even talking about the guy who did the toe texture on Green Lucario's right paw. Glaring stuff like "Thany made most of Roy's PSA, then SDoom edited it. Guess who gets his name on it." or "Why the [censored] is Dantarion not even listed?" That list doesn't even seem to have been edited since 2012 too. (http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-faqs-credits.331639/)
But apparently, there's a need for victims to call out for that theft for you to do anything? That's like me going around random stores, sneaking items out, then saying it's not theft unless they ask it back.
If you're waiting for the silent masses to speak up for credits, then you're really not doing things as
professionally as that. That just seems more like backyard traffic to me than an honest business.
***
I was also led to believe that the list was being worked on:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
But from what you're saying, I guess you guys really aren't compiling that list, and just waiting for people to do it for you.
And I suppose that message I got was just someone trying to smooth-talk me. Again.
This isn't getting repetitive at all.
Being busy is not an excuse. If you have the time and energy to spend advertising your game on social networks, streaming websites, be featured in tournaments and even sell
T shirts, you certainly have more than enough time to give credit to the people whose work you use.
***
Also please get someone who actually knows PR to check this place more often. I'm sick and tired of your coders starting fires on our Programming section and [censored]ting all over this community every time their [censored] Engine is leaked out.
Disrespect is unfortunately a relevant accusation. Although I have to make clear that theft does not configure in any angle you analyze the situation.
We all do not hold legal right over any of the intellectual properties being used in the game and do not sell any of the content present in-game. If we did sell, then it would be theft, towards any of the actual legal owners of the content such as Nintendo, Sora, Sega and Konami. I will not enter in the semantics discussion about theft, as what really matters for that accusation is that the legislation does not support it and we all as modders cannot truly steal content from another modder not only because it is a derivative work but also is protected by copyright law of the actual owner that justifies free distribution only through fair use as long the actual sellable product isn't distributed along (the executable game, SSBB).
Still we do understand the concern and philosophy of the kc-mm website and also share them; respecting the people responsible for the content distributed is important and have been working on a credits list. And the current situation is indeed our fault, which on the present day we can apologize for but will be hopefully addressed by our next release.
We had one previous situation where we failed to properly adress creators of parts of certain piece, if I remember correctly one it was a case with Ivwi and the Proto Meta Knight, due to a severe miscommunication most of the team was unaware that the model wasn't made from scratch and Ivwi did not even know about it until after the model was already released.
We want to avoid completely those situations in the future not only because it is bad for the team but also to show that we do respect those we collaborate with.
In case of Thany, she is part of the Project M Dev Team since Roy's development and showed interest of being credited only on the model and the animations she made which was a collaboration between her, Pik and Sdoom, who are also members. We made sure to talk about them both when talking about Roy and its model. She has been inactive, but her work was so important for us, that we'll always be open for her if she wishes.
Clarifying: The base Thany PSA was heavily modified by many different members during the Roy development since it started in 2011, the PSA file included in PM 3.02 differ greatly from the one available on kc-mm by Thany herself. The moveset file can be considered as hers as well as it can be considered by those other PM Dev Team members.
For content produced by Project M Dev Team members, if they do not request a direct mention. Crediting the team will do to credit them, they are part of the team after all. It is an inside agreement and we should have talked about before.
Although being busy is not an excuse, it is indeed detrimental, I for instance have to work on Playtesting, PR (international and on my country), Promotion, Regional Tournament Organizing and Art and many other members have overlapping roles in the team. While I am here answering questions, I cannot be working on a concept art someone in the Art Team is waiting to start on a model or I can't be testing an important experimental build for the next release. So, administrating all of this along with my personal life, meet the internal deadlines and get my sleep schedule to allow me to work properly with members all over the world is incredibly difficult. Development teams usually don't have to deal with PR or most of these, for reference, I've been sleeping at 11 AM and waking up at 18 PM every day since the start of July.
All members feel those hardships, and we are not paid to go through this, so it's difficult to get certain things organized. As a PR person, I have been working on ways to organize the internal communication and solidify our relation to the community as someone who hears and respects them from Smash Boards, to Reddit, to international Smash Bros. forums and kc-mm.
I can only ask everyone to forgive us on this, but hopefully it all should be organized by our next release. In the mean time, if you have any content present in the official build of Project M, please contact us and we'll make sure that you will make to the credits list.
If you don't want to be in the credits but want to use any of your pieces in your art portfolio to get a job or other important things and need a confirmation from us, don't hesitate to contact us via PM'ing the Smash Boards official Project M account or through e-mail.
On unrelated details, having the game featured in tournaments is not of our influence, it's the choice of organizers and players, we cannot effectively sponsor tournaments as we have no funds to do so.
The t-shirt campaign sold at that one time was under the responsability of teespring, one or two members helped them as they had free time during that period. The campaign happened due to frequent requests by the community.
I already have really a lot on my plate (will also have to work on my course completion thesis for the next semester), but I'll be checking kc-mm more often. Thank you for openly calling us out as you didn't feel satisfied before, but I hope you understand that those faults were not intended and although it is of high priority, there are other factors of much higher priority that we must address first. Don't hesitate to remind us of this once some time has passed.
Quote from: Miacis on July 13, 2014, 03:23:00 AM"Thany made most of Roy's PSA, then SDoom edited it. Guess who gets his name on it."
This always gets me.
"Oh my God! PM did an AWESOME job on Roy! They're the best!"
Meanwhile Thany was working for a year or two to make Roy a reality. Even if she was a part of PM or allowed them to use it (even with saying that she didn't care if she was credited or not), I'd feel that writing a simple line out would be the least I, or anyone could do for her dedication.
And then there's GoodOldGanon, anyone remember that guy? That's OG for ya' kids.
Even if (s)he was credited on say, the main website for specifically creating Roy, people all over the internet wouldn't say "OMG good job Thany, I love Roy in P:M."
They'd obviously still be saying "(The) Project M (Team) did a great job with Roy, I love him."
3 Pages of Arguments and no answer to Marioking64ds question ._.
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on July 13, 2014, 08:27:03 PM
3 Pages of Arguments and no answer to Marioking64ds question ._.
It sounds like you don't know how to read walls of text.
Quote from: FireBall Stars on July 13, 2014, 02:27:18 AMFirst, about mariokingds64's waluigi. The process of choosing which characters will be included in the future in Project M is very intrincate and a lot of factors must be considered. We unfortunately cannot disclose how the process exactly happens, but a lot depends on what our members are willing to work with, the technical limitations, concept construction and consideration if it will be appealling to our whole public, from competitive players to those who only play the game for fun.
As the game is a non-profit effort, and will always be, having members willing to work on a character is key to make sure that it will indeed go forward. We receive character requests every day, including other people who wish to see a certain PSA in the game. But we cannot answer questions about those in order to avoid trouble in future, as it is possible that we can be working on a character but hurdles during development might force us to drop it.
We as a team have not confirmed nor deconfirmed Waluigi, but, we will not use PSAs by third persons. A character is extremely important for the game and we prefer to develop them inside the team with possible collaboration with outside artists for their aesthetics, this way we can have a greater degree of control over its development. It is the most professional way to handle character development in our situation. We hope you understand.
I fail to see how the legal definition of theft enters into the equation. Neither the PMBR nor this very website have a legal legitimacy, and SSBB Hacking in general is most certainly not following the law.
Whether money is made or not, all the stuff that needs to be done to simply make hacks and install them goes against a whole lot of legislation related to reverse-engineering and bypassing contructor protection. Following your logic, a thief stealing from a thief isn't stealing anything. What about the whole "honor among thieves", especially when the theft is very minor?
tl;dr
Quotewe all as modders cannot truly steal content from another modder
Nobody should arrive to that conclusion unless their desire is to bully creators into relinquishing their work for their own selfish motives.
****
As for the credits list and it being adressed in the next release... and about respecting those you collaborate you. I wish to believe you. I really do.
Unfortunately, I have it known from a longtime PMBR member that the PMBR doesn't care about crediting as long as no individual complaint is made. And even if there was, it's not even certain that action would be taken.
Considering nothing has evolved in the past month since I first asked, and all the answers I received focused on "who complained to you about the credits?" I'm inclined to believe that no, nothing is going to be done.
You say Thany showed interest in being credited for the model and animations... and yet she wasn't credited for the model. Either I've been looking at the wrong place this entire time, or even when someone asks to be credited, nothing is done.
And apparently, there isn't even anything related to PSAers in that list. (http://lpix.org/1470378/psyduck.gif)
All this is especially ironic, considering Shanus was affirming with a lot of confidence last year or so that all assets were
very thoroughly reviewed and examined before being added. I guess only the content matters and the author isn't very important after all.
***
Quote from: FireBall Stars on July 13, 2014, 05:42:03 AMFor content produced by Project M Dev Team members, if they do not request a direct mention. Crediting the team will do to credit them, they are part of the team after all. It is an inside agreement and we should have talked about before.
What. What even is the reasoning behind that? Do content creators even know about their name being hidden from the credits, or was that made up just a few moments ago? Because I've
never heard of such an agreement.
And even then, it's only just displacing the issue. If "people on the team" aren't credited, then why are
some still credited? Because they thought about asking, but others didn't?
That sounds like an incredibly loopholey way to do some favoritism.
***
As for the topic of being busy, yes, I can definitely sympathize. I can't count the number of times I've had to ruin my sleep schedule too because of solving issues on this forum. And when ds22 and Dant's littly club decides to launch a vendetta against our users, it's surprisingly difficult to sleep in a relaxed state of mind.
I'm sure there more than just the two of us who are very busy bees without needing monetary compensation, though.
Even then, my point still stands. If promotion and organizing tournaments counts as a much higher priority than the most basic of authorial aknowledgement, then there's kind of a big problem in the mentality of the PMBR. If this was a sold product, it would be the equivalent of putting
"more sales" over actually
paying your employees. The question of crediting does not even seem to have been raised until I went and asked.
If the team screws up so early in development and you don't have time later to fix it, then find someone who can make time for it. Don't give us a vague "yeah, we're sorry we'll be working on it at some point perhaps"
***
Quote from: Abbi on July 13, 2014, 08:00:33 AM
Even if (s)he was credited on say, the main website for specifically creating Roy, people all over the internet wouldn't say "OMG good job Thany, I love Roy in P:M."
They'd obviously still be saying "(The) Project M (Team) did a great job with Roy, I love him."
That is, only if you assume people who never look at credits. People who don't care about who did what are not my concern here.
Heck, even if nobody ever looked at credits. Like, ever. Does that make it right to credit the wrong people? No.
But as things stand, just take someone who wants to mod the P:M assets and wishes to be respectful to whoever made the original asset. They cannot do that properly. So that one Roy recolor on the Vault will be credited to/collabed with... "Pik, StarWaffle, Nanobuds, Spex 130, jiang."
Or worse "the PMBR."
Project M Turbo Contest Announcement! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEZl7Kfb838#ws)
Also:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2askfp/project_m_art_tuesdays_dark_meta_knight_reveal/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2askfp/project_m_art_tuesdays_dark_meta_knight_reveal/)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
so how do we share replays anyway?
Save them to your SD card and send the file in.
That looks sick. What's even more sick is that we're getting consistent updates on a weekly basis now, great stuff.
i have a important question, will there ever be a PAL version? if so, is it planned already?
also, why does everybody keep negating PAL's existance?
i mean, Europe is pretty big you know?
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 19, 2014, 06:56:51 PMi have a important question, will there ever be a PAL version? if so, is it planned already?
We're currently looking into it.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 19, 2014, 06:56:51 PMalso, why does everybody keep negating PAL's existance?
We're well aware of PAL's existence. Our codes are always updating. And since PAL codes are different than NTSC/J's codes, there will need to be two codesets that need updating, rather than one. It would be best to focus on just one codeset, then convert it when it's finished.
so, 'murican and japanese codes are the same?
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 19, 2014, 07:36:22 PMso, 'murican and japanese codes are the same?
That's correct.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-lack-of-pal-support-is-laughable.358705/#post-16923566 (http://smashboards.com/threads/the-lack-of-pal-support-is-laughable.358705/#post-16923566)
yup.
oh nice, so that was posted a month ago, and no further reply on the specification questions, so yeah, do you guys have any idea of when it may be done?
will it come with the next update, or will it come AFTER "any" update?
like U.S: "insert date here"
EU: "insert later date here"
i would have no problem with the latter option, as long as i can get my PAL P:M :P
We hope to get it done in time for the next big update.
cool to hear, really, i appreciate it a lot.
i used to play on USB with a NTSC iso, but for some reason i get a weird crash every time i try now, it's like the wii stops sending signal to the TV... and it IS a crash, cuz i have to keep the power button a very long time pressed for it to turn off... :(
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
More images
http://imgur.com/a/NHtFe#0 (http://imgur.com/a/NHtFe#0)
Not bad. Not bad at all.
Looks amazing. Great job guys!
Since Roy is probably not gonna get his Awakening version as an Alt, and the only reason I'm saying this is becouse both Ike and Marths Alternates resemble other FE characters, what FE characters armor could Roy get? Eliwoods?
Well that's brilliant. The sword hand looks off in the render though.
Quote from: Nαno on July 22, 2014, 04:04:28 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
More images
http://imgur.com/a/NHtFe#0 (http://imgur.com/a/NHtFe#0)
I'm assuming it's a Hector alt...
Why not Raven? We all know he was the real protagonist. Either way, it looks wonderful.
EDIT: Just clicked on the album, now I look like an [censored] lol.
I assume Roy will get an Eliwood alt? That is if the FE cast is getting alts based on other FE characters. I would of liked Awakening though..
Quote from: Captain Falcon on July 22, 2014, 05:01:14 PM
Why not Raven?
Looked up who Raven is really quick and well.. I wouldn't mind that as Roys Alternate at all. lol
Looks pretty sick. Eliwood would be fine too I guess.
Quote from: Abbi on July 22, 2014, 05:18:37 PM
Looked up who Raven is really quick and well.. I wouldn't mind that as Roys Alternate at all. lol
Looks pretty sick. Eliwood would be fine too I guess.
The thing is, Raven has no relation at all to Roy. I mean, look at Raven's Critical animation Sprite. It's pretty much Aether. And considering the fact that Raven was the first person in Fire Emblem (localized in the US) to do it, I would have thought it a perfect fit.
Alas, Raven must wait for his debut. if at all :V
pretty interesting alt design, although something seems off, idk if it's the bulky arms...
Quote from: Captain Falcon on July 22, 2014, 05:24:16 PM
The thing is, Raven has no relation at all to Roy. I mean, look at Raven's Critical animation Sprite. It's pretty much Aether. And considering the fact that Raven was the first person in Fire Emblem (localized in the US) to do it, I would have thought it a perfect fit.
Alas, Raven must wait for his debut. if at all :V
I see. Well I kinda just liked his design so I thought that'd look great on Roy. lol
also, just noticed the lazy shoes... you guys could've come up with something bether than "blue leather"...
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 22, 2014, 06:19:44 PM
also, just noticed the lazy shoes... you guys could've come up with something bether than "blue leather"...
But... it is blue leather.
(http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080219221123/fireemblem/images/6/69/Fe7Hector.jpg)
oh well, than it's kind of lazy on the original designers too i think... lol
apologies, but i still dont like it.
Everyone's a critic
i just said this in another thread...
I've been playing my share of FE7 and FE7 hacks, and I honestly could not recognize Hector.
Collar and elbow parts of the armor are missing. The shirt sleeves are the wrong color. The color scheme of the armor/undershirt is the other way around. Gauntlets and shoes are just painted blue from what I can tell. Belts and tattered caps are unchanged.
I'm not even sure what's going on with Ragnell. Is that a random Alondite?
Heck, the shape of all the armor parts is completely off. Were they taken from something else, or is there some official art of a redesigned Hector I'm not aware of? 'cause this looks more of a Wyvern Knight style armor than anything remotely armorknight-esque.
Marth's Sigurd costume was awesome. This looks more like "Ike stole some of Haar's armor and painted it blue." oô
Thanks for your opinion, and yeah, the initial concept artist took some liberties with Hector's design. (http://i.imgur.com/LRVEgOk.png) In the end, it's his armour with a bit of an Ike spin.
I think it's still recognizable as Hector-esque, since people on smashboards recognized him from a blurry stream feed.
There's an accurate Hector already on the vault (axe and all), I recommend you download it if you're looking for something like that.
Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 10:13:04 PM
Thanks for your opinion, and yeah, the initial concept artist took some liberties with Hector's design. In the end, it's his armour with a bit of an Ike spin.
I think it's still recognizable as Hector-esque, since people on smashboards recognized him from a blurry stream feed.
Well, I'm sure "people on Smashboards" (?) would see anything with blue hair and armor and yell it's Hector. And anything with a black mantle and white hair would be Robin.
I'm not questioning the modeling quality though, I just think the design is completely off. Like, that just's beyond Awakening-esque of unrecognizable redesign. It just isn't Hector's armor at all.
If all you need is for people who have a very vague knowledge of FE games to recognize a mere color scheme from a blurry stream, then sure, go ahead. But that just seems incredibly lazy considering there's some beautiful stuff like that perfect replica of Sigurd's figurine.
Why even bother modeling?
Edit: Not like what I'm saying is gonna change anything considering how the PMBR seems to consider this community.
You guys probably should stop posting here altogether if you really don't care about what's being said on KCMM.
QuoteEdit: Not like what I'm saying is gonna change anything considering how the PMBR seems to consider this community.
You guys probably should stop posting here altogether if you really don't care about what's being said on KCMM.
I'll address this first. I think you're g(http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/143/193/cad-20080602-358b1.jpg?1309710446)ing over the fact that many of us, especially the texture artists/modelers, are part of the KCMM community itself. I can't speak for people like ds22 or Dant, but StarWaffle, Nano, Spex, and I are members of this community. So dude, we like hearing your feedback.
To the rest of your post: It boils down to artistic liberties. I understand the appeal of having an 100% accurate Hector alt, but many people could tell it was him anyway. The FE subreddit could tell, and they're big on FE. Again, there's a completely accurate Hector already on the vault if you want that.
(Also, I'm glad you liked the Sigurd alt, thanks)
Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 10:32:02 PM
I'll address this first. I think you're g(http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/143/193/cad-20080602-358b1.jpg?1309710446)ing over the fact that many of us, especially the texture artists/modelers, are part of the KCMM community itself. I can't speak for people like ds22 or Dant, but StarWaffle, Nano, Spex, and I are members of this community. So dude, we like hearing your feedback.
Well, to be perfectly honest with you, Pik. I don't think everyone on the PMBR shares your sentiment.
I personally have a problem when two of the people who are essential to a project view a community some of their members were a big part of and basically point at it and call everyone trash. How you can still stand to associate with such people is something I find hard to comprehend.
I find it even harder to comprehend that the majority of you who were KC:MM members before becoming really involved in the PMBR don't seem to bat an eye to it, and some of you even go so far seeing the KC:MM community the same way DS22 and Dant do. For what reason? Just because of the actions of one admin, or maybe an Admin and one member? Surely you see the folly here.
-if you and the rest of the art team are okay with taking feedback, be positive or negative, then alright. I believe you. Based on past actions from others in your fold, however, it seems some would rather be free of criticism or scoff at it.
Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 10:32:02 PM
So dude, we like hearing your feedback.
I appreciate the effort at attempting to solve this peacefully. But sorry, I just cannot take this seriously.
Some of the users you've named haven't exactly been subtle at this whole "backtalk, smile in public" thing, so uh... yeah. The sentiment is appreciated, but that's it.
(Also you forgot SDoom. He's totally a big part of KC-MM too and I know he loves chatting with me.)
QuoteTo the rest of your post: It boils down to artistic liberties. I understand the appeal of having an 100% accurate Hector alt, but many people could tell it was him anyway. The FE subreddit could tell, and they're big on FE. Again, there's a completely accurate Hector already on the vault if you want that.
Well, if you tell me it's not 100% accurate... how accurate is it?
Really, please tell me, as the modeler of that "redesign", what in that alt evocates Hector. If there's been concept sketches and whatever, that means some thought has been put into it, right?
We agree that the color scheme is blue (if innacurate blue). Okay, what else in that armor looks like Hector's? Anything to explain why it's "artistic liberties" and not "just way off the mark."
Quote(Also, I'm glad you liked the Sigurd alt, thanks)
It really is nice, yeah. I liked that Light suit too, even if I'm not too much into Metroid stuff.
If I may interject... given the responses given in the past, along with the -stellar- displays of behaviour by some of the peeps in your team, you act like you want to have nothing to do with it.
Which is ironic, considering some of your top stars came -from- this community, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
Yeah, what could possibly look similar in these two pictures? I can't put my finger on it...
http://i.imgur.com/ZEkT1Iv.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/ZEkT1Iv.jpg)
Quote from: SOJ on July 22, 2014, 11:00:45 PM
Yeah, what could possibly look similar in these two pictures? I can't put my finger on it...
http://i.imgur.com/ZEkT1Iv.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/ZEkT1Iv.jpg)
Oh I don't know, maybe the breastplate looking different? The Shoulder armor? The arms in general? No neck armor? The boots looking different? No no no, there's NO differences here. None what so ever.
I said similar, not different. Sure there some differences, but come on...it looks NOTHING like Hector? Like you would never guess where the armor was inspired from if you saw that picture?
Nice sarcasm.
I see a pose and color scheme. That's about it. Try other poses. .w.
Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 10:13:04 PMhttp://i.imgur.com/LRVEgOk.png
Ah, well now that this has been posted, I can definitely see a bit more of a resemblance. The cape is faithful to Hector's, the collar has armor, and really, the whole armor fits together instead of looking like it was pieced together from random parts. Ike's bandana is even tied so as to not distract and accentuate the differences with vanilla Ike.
With the different facial expression, it does kinda work. Even if the armor design is still well off what you'd see in FE for armored characters. That still is way off-the mark.
So hey, I guess I'll say that it wasn't completely the designer's fault. Because there's all the things that are innacurate in the model as opposed to the concept art. And I'm not just talking about the colors here.
So... yeah, not very impressed.
Quote from: SOJ on July 22, 2014, 11:00:45 PM
Yeah, what could possibly look similar in these two pictures? I can't put my finger on it...
http://i.imgur.com/ZEkT1Iv.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/ZEkT1Iv.jpg)
Aside from the colors (herp derp, blue gold), breastplate (which is the same for literally almost every armored FE character), the pants (who'da guessed that they all have pants too?), and the hip things (which most characters also have), nothing else is really similar.
That and the pose. The pose was the only reason I guessed Hector correctly. Otherwise, it was just another FE themed design to me.
So...
Quote from: SOJ on July 22, 2014, 11:00:45 PM
Yeah, what could possibly look similar in these two pictures? I can't put my finger on it...
http://i.imgur.com/ZEkT1Iv.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/ZEkT1Iv.jpg)
-and it seems to me that you are entirely missing the point of Mia's honest critique, as you have just made so perfectly clear to me thusly.
Yeah, we get it. The pose is similar, the armor is similar. Compare the Sigurd alt to Ike's Hector alt.
Being entirely honest: the modeling quality itself is great. When you compare the two alts however. The Hector alt just comes off as something lesser by comparison despite it's fantastic quality. Miacis wasn't critiquing just the inaccuracy of a couple parts of the model. He was critiquing the inconsistency between the two alts.
I can understand artistic liberties, but if you're going to make the Sigurd alt basically a perfect replica, why not do the same for the Hector alt?
Another thing, which is something I think the PMBR as a whole doesn't understand: Everyone here who is giving you critiques treats you as a professional team because you output alts like these, especially the custom modeled ones with a professional level of quality that matches or even rivals Nintendo's aesthetics for Brawl. So for those of us with a more discerning eye, we judge it as such.
Quote from: Nαno on July 22, 2014, 11:11:17 PM
It's still pretty damn similar...
@Miacis
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Here is the concept sketch, in case you want to see it. It is inspired by Hector, but not 100% Hector's outfit.
I understand that it's based off Hector. But why did you guys go with a rather faithful Sigurd and then a lightly inspired Hector? Seems like a lost opportunity, at least in my opinion.
But hey, I suck at modelling. Not like I could make a better one if I tried.
Damnit, Velen's second paragraph (I think) ninja'd me.
Here's one thing I ask of you all, on a side note: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. (You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR) We're all separate people when it boils down to it. Stop treating us like we're part of a collective, it's only certain people who have a beef against KCMM. I just make the damn alt costumes, lol. That also applies to other people on the art team.
I don't know what kind of politics there are relating to PMBR vs KCMM, but they're irrelevant to me as a modeler.
Ok cool, thanks for the opinions.
Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 11:15:10 PM
Here's one thing I ask of you all: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR)
The biggest reason I believe that people refer to individuals such as yourself as PMBR is because (at least to me), I have no idea who the hell works on it. I just found out that you do, quite recently. I've been aware that Nano works on them too. But aside from that, I have no idea who else does. So who am I to address?
I envy your talent, I really do. But I can't help feel that it was a lost opportunity, even though this model turned out beautiful.
I say we should just be glad we're getting alternate costumes in the first place.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on July 22, 2014, 11:18:39 PM
The biggest reason I believe that people refer to individuals such as yourself as PMBR is because (at least to me), I have no idea who the hell works on it. I just found out that you do, quite recently. I've been aware that Nano works on them too. But aside from that, I have no idea who else does. So who am I to address?
I envy your talent, I really do. But I can't help feel that it was a lost opportunity, even though this model turned out beautiful.
Agreed.
Smashboards has a completely different (more competitive) community. They're more tourney-based than the folks here at KC:MM are.
Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 11:15:10 PM
Here's one thing I ask of you all, on a side note: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. (You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR) We're all separate people when it boils down to it. Stop treating us like we're part of a collective, it's only certain people who have a beef against KCMM. I just make the damn alt costumes, lol. That also applies to other people on the art team.
I don't know what kind of politics there relating to PMBR vs KCMM, but they're irrelevant to me as a modeler.
Well, you just said "we like hearing your feedback." After naming a few people who we
both know really don't want to hear anything from me.
I mean, we're not your target audience. Just kind of a fertile ground to pluck your creative artists from. Our opinion matters little.
You're honestly not someone I have a problem with. In fact, I have little problem with most of the modelers animators and PSAers in the PMBR, despite how it's obviously not a mutual feeling. I could hold it against them, what I've heard said about me and this whole community. I don't, because I really don't care as long as you don't come [censored]ting on Programming like Dant and friends did.
But if you're going out of your way to go all "we" and cover people who really don't care a rat's ass about what anyone on KCMM would say (especially not me and my insolent "pressing the issues" attitude) then sorry, yeah you're gonna get assimilated into the group of the KCMM haters.
Quotethen sorry, yeah you're gonna get assimilated into the group of the KCMM haters.
But I don't hate KCMM you dingus, so don't lump me there
Also, I guess I should clarify: "We" means Starwaffle, Nano, Spex, and I. And probably a few others. Point is, the modelers like to hear what KCMM thinks.
Just like how some PMBR members like KCMM, others don't. It's a large group with a lot of opinions.
Quote from: TurboChaos on July 22, 2014, 11:20:07 PM
I say we should just be glad we're getting alternate costumes in the first place.
So we shouldn't make judgements and give critical feedback?
@SOJ:
I really can't take you at your word seeing as I know you're being so disingenuous with that statement, man. Come on. Could you be any more transparent?
A lot of people on Project M's Facebook and such may like the project (It's kinda plainly obvious just by looking at it), all the power to them for liking the project as is their right. Those people however are probably not very much for good, decent critical feedback though, I imagine, the majority of the time.
I can understand you guys being agitated by Mia commenting on anything related to the PMBR though, given he's done it pretty much with every chance he gets, and very much not always in the nicest or any way that isn't a jab. When you take someone's honest critique as an attack (which Pik here is (awesomely) not doing), that's a problem that needs to be addressed.
Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 11:37:59 PM
Also, I guess I should clarify: "We" means Starwaffle, Nano, Spex, and I. And probably a few others. Point is, the modelers like to hear what KCMM thinks.
Thanks, I (and I'm sure others) appreciate the information. Even though I'm not a complete fan of the Hector alt, I do like it. Still hoping for Raven
I don't get it, I think the alt looks great.
I think you guys are forgetting it's an Ike costume, not Hector himself. It looks like what it's supposed to look like, in my opinion.
Seriously, look at them scratches! They look amazing.
I think the issue is that they went out of their way to make a totally accurate Sigurd and took more liberties with Hector.
Which is totally petty since I don't see anyone complaining about Samus's Light Suit not being 100% totally accurate, but whatever
Quote from: Gravity on July 23, 2014, 01:05:42 AM
I think the issue is that they went out of their way to make a totally accurate Sigurd and took more liberties with Hector.
Which is totally petty since I don't see anyone complaining about Samus's Light Suit not being 100% totally accurate, but whatever
I probably would if I cared one thing about Metroid. .w.
I personally would've come off more impressed with the Hector alt if they had gone as far as giving Hector's haircut to Ike, now that I've had a good look at Hector.
Quote from: Gravity on July 23, 2014, 01:05:42 AM
I think the issue is that they went out of their way to make a totally accurate Sigurd and took more liberties with Hector.
Which is totally petty since I don't see anyone complaining about Samus's Light Suit not being 100% totally accurate, but whatever
I don't follow, and haven't played Metroid, so I can't really complain about stuff I don't know about.
Quote from: Taiko on July 23, 2014, 12:59:55 AM
I don't get it, I think the alt looks great.
I think you guys are forgetting it's an Ike costume, not Hector himself. It looks like what it's supposed to look like, in my opinion.
Seriously, look at them scratches! They look amazing.
Look at the hyper accurate Sigurd and then back at the alt. That's what my beef is about. We all agree that the detail and design itself is awesome.
Quote from: Velen on July 23, 2014, 01:28:45 AM
I personally would've come off more impressed with the Hector alt if they had gone as far as giving Hector's haircut to Ike, now that I've had a good look at Hector.
Defonitely this. I really wanted to see its full potential.
Looking back at it, I guess there are differences between the Sigurd figurine (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110509124504/fireemblem/images/4/49/Siglud_Figurine.jpeg) and the alt itself (http://projectmgame.com//content/images/news/altpost2/marthrender.png). I was using a wrong reference (http://projectmgame.com//content/images/news/altpost2/marth.png), so my bad about what I said earlier on it.
Jacket is open and there are new linings all over the place. So it's not a perfect replica, but still pretty dang close to it.
I still think it's a more effective costume by virtue on improving and adding detail to the existing material, instead of directly altering it.
QuoteSo it's not a perfect replica, but still pretty dang close to it.
I still think it's a more effective costume by virtue on improving and adding detail to the existing material, instead of directly altering it.
Yup, the Sigurd alt kinda like what Brawl and Smash 4 did to Peach's dress design. Same overall look, but with more details.
But yeah, I'm glad the thread's calmed down now.
Quote from: Pik on July 23, 2014, 02:37:10 AM
But yeah, I'm glad the thread's calmed down now.
I finally have my moment....
Some P:M modeler needs to teach me their ways :srs:
And texturer too :srs:
maybe someday.......
i remember when tarwaffle had his "vertiexing school", and SDoom his "animating school", those were awesome days.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 23, 2014, 08:16:30 AM
i remember when tarwaffle had his "vertiexing school", and SDoom his "animating school", those were awesome days.
I remember my lurking days and reading those topics. Wished I had manned up and tried to learn how to do stuff earlier.
Anyways, in regards to to the alts, what prompted you guys to make a Hector-inspired Ike as opposed to Ike in Hector's armor?
And who did the concept art for the alt? Because it looks absolutely beautiful.
Wait can euro wiis play pm if they have homebrew? is the lack of pm support only for hackless builds?
Quote from: Szasz on July 24, 2014, 12:24:48 AM
Wait can euro wiis play pm if they have homebrew? is the lack of pm support only for hackless builds?
Its all about not encouraging people to hack their wiis for this. Or so I think.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on July 23, 2014, 08:16:30 AM
i remember when tarwaffle had his "vertiexing school", and SDoom his "animating school", those were awesome days.
I remember being a part of starwaffle's "vertexing school", it was fun and I believe I got a B if I remember correctly. I hope someone steps up to do a "PSA school" someday. it be nice
Quote from: ShadowRockShoota on July 24, 2014, 02:27:12 AM
I hope someone steps up to do a "PSA school" someday. it be nice
KJP or ABC doing it would be great. Worst case scenario, I'll do it :P
Speaking of psaing, who does the psaing? The only people off the top of my head that psa in PM are KJP, SDoom, and Eternal Yoshi. Afaik, KJP is animating for PM and I have no idea whag the other two are doing.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on July 24, 2014, 02:38:29 AM
KJP or ABC doing it would be great. Worst case scenario, I'll do it :P
Speaking of psaing, who does the psaing? The only people off the top of my head that psa in PM are KJP, SDoom, and Eternal Yoshi. Afaik, KJP is animating for PM and I have no idea whag the other two are doing.
Like... a lot of the BR. Except KJP and SDo0m. They just animate.
The only one known here on KCMM would be Eternal_Yoshi.
And the obviously the modelers don't.
Quote from: Szasz on July 24, 2014, 12:24:48 AM
Wait can euro wiis play pm if they have homebrew? is the lack of pm support only for hackless builds?
i have a PAL wii, and up to recently i could play P:M through USB with a ntsc iso.
now i think about it, i might try and get myself a japanese copy, and see if my wii will read it :/
anyway, yes it's possible to load P:M on a PAL wii, it can just be a pain depending on how fit your wii is xD
Either Miacis scared away any prospects of having more alt costumes posted here or I just happened to look on the subreddit at the right time... regardless:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Hope I'm not stealing anyone's thunder
Noooo I came just to post it. :>.>:
Oh well. StarWaffle made this beautiful thing. Enjoy.
More images:
http://imgur.com/a/AO54K#0 (http://imgur.com/a/AO54K#0)
LOL, sorry. I was watching Turbo mode TASes and I remembered it was Tuesday, so I went snooping around.
Quote from: Gravity on July 29, 2014, 08:35:29 PM
LOL, sorry. I was watching Turbo mode TASes and I remembered it was Tuesday, so I went snooping around.
Eheh, its all good.
Speaking of which, the Turbo Contest submissions are due tonight at 11:59pm PST!
Quote from: Nαnobuds on July 29, 2014, 08:37:18 PM
Eheh, its all good.
Speaking of which, the Turbo Contest submissions are due tonight at 11:59pm PST!
Awesome!
That's just BA, I like it.
What inspired this Ninja Squirtl-...
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! XD
Shinobi Squirtle with shades looks so badass.
I REALLY hope you guys buff Squirtles shades in the next update. Make it so they only go away once you take like 15% or something lol
And yea, Shinobi Squirtle looks sick.
Wow, that Ninja Squirtle! I'm curious as to how the art team came together in Project M. It's like they took the cream of the crop here.
This hasn't been posted yet for whatever reason.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-1-recoveries (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-1-recoveries)
Glad you guys realized that recoverys are a major issue with 3.0. Very excited to see how 3.5 addresses this issue.
so, 3.5 is conisdered a big update, right?
3.5 is PAL compatible?
also, are you guys working on custom server support or something for the online?
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on August 05, 2014, 03:36:34 PM3.5 is PAL compatible?
You literally asked this question a few pages ago. And I'll answer again.
Our coders are looking into PAL support. We're hoping to have a PAL release by v3.5.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on August 05, 2014, 03:36:34 PMalso, are you guys working on custom server support or something for the online?
We're looking into it.
Anything up about the Turbo Mode Contest? I haven't heard much of it lately.
inb4 every character has a [censored]ty Falco-tier recovery
I personally felt recoveries were fine and didn't really need tweaking. The only one that really comes to mind is Pikachu's due to there being a weird delay between Quick Attack direction changes.
I don't feel this is needed and I hope they don't break anything by trying to fix things, but we'll see.
Quote from: Mr. Me on August 05, 2014, 04:28:10 PM
Anything up about the Turbo Mode Contest? I haven't heard much of it lately.
It takes time to go through 200+ videos, judge them, then make a new video of the best combos.
Quote from: Gravity on August 05, 2014, 04:42:43 PM
I don't feel this is needed and I hope they don't break anything by trying to fix things, but we'll see.
Diddy Kong? Mario? Mewtwo? Hell, even DDDs recovery is pretty stupid.
You sure this isn't necessary?
I think tethers also need something done to them, especially for characters that have other ways to recover anyway like the Links and Lucas.
In my opinion I really like the way the recoveries are right now. I don't have much of a complaint, but yes tethers do seem a bit ridiculous at times, but for the most part I think it is fine. If anything it just makes it more rewarding for the person edge guarding to by able to take the stock of a good recovering character. :P Just my thoughts.
Here's the most recent Alt for Alt Costume Tuesdays.
(http://i.imgur.com/0AucSVT.png)
Introducing Shogun Dedede! He has the self-proclaimed quickest strike in Feudal Dream Land. Although legend tells of another warrior...
(Album) (http://imgur.com/a/WdqsC#0)
While the costume mostly looks pretty good, the patterns on the back and the jet hammer don't really feel fitting on it at all. They feel more Chinese than Japanese, and it ends up giving it a sorta "fake" vibe.
The other thing is the graphics on his back don't feel like they are part of this coat. They feel like stickers that have been applied to me.
That puffball on the belt...
(http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loas5iT3Ty1qzynlco1_500.gif)
Quote from: Segtendo on August 06, 2014, 02:33:36 AM
That puffball on the belt...
(http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loas5iT3Ty1qzynlco1_500.gif)
I agree, it's a nice touch. Really like that.
Quote from: Velen on August 06, 2014, 02:23:59 AM
The other thing is the graphics on his back don't feel like they are part of this coat. They feel like stickers that have been applied to me.
Yeah, I mean it could be that the pictures aren't doing the alt favors. But it does seem like the patterns are just slapped on... they remind me of stickers in Soul Calibur 5 honestly.
Also... I feel like the eyebrows are a bit off. But I don't know how much can really be done about that.
Yeah I have to say the eyebrows rub me the wrong way as well.
Maybe it's because you never actually see if Dedede HAS eyebrows? I dunno.
Suppose it's better than sticking his eyes to the constant anger expression.
Quote from: LC-DDM on August 06, 2014, 09:07:20 AM
Yeah I have to say the eyebrows rub me the wrong way as well.
Maybe it's because you never actually see if Dedede HAS eyebrows? I dunno.
Suppose it's better than sticking his eyes to the constant anger expression.
Well, he DOES technically have eyebrows in that mini game. But something seems... off about them here. But I REALLY can't place my finger on what it is....
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on August 06, 2014, 10:52:24 AM
Well, he DOES technically have eyebrows in that mini game. But something seems... off about them here. But I REALLY can't place my finger on what it is....
Perhaps the positions of where the eyebrows are placed? I feel as though his eyebrows should be thicker to give off the villian, yet overly expressive anime expression.
I myself gave a critique to Pik to hand off to the guy who made the model: Tock.
Despite the problems of this one, he did a pretty good job, you have to admit.
Quote from: Velen on August 06, 2014, 09:29:18 PM
I myself gave a critique to Pik to hand off to the guy who made the model: Tock.
Despite the problems of this one, he did a pretty good job, you have to admit.
True. The model itself is very nicely done. I just feel with a little more work, it would look truly outstanding.
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on August 07, 2014, 02:59:38 AM
True. The model itself is very nicely done. I just feel with a little more work, it would look truly outstanding.
You're not alone there. I do too.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-3-lucas-recovery-overview/ (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-3-lucas-recovery-overview/)
There you go, perfect example of a "too good" recovery in 3.0.
Very glad with these changes to Lucas. Never really realized Down Bs potentional for recovering, so I'm glad that got nerfed a little.
If there was one character that made me think "wow he has a great recovery" it wasn't Lucas, but I hardly ever play as him so whatever.
The changes themselves don't seem to be too drastic, so I guess I'm not as worried as I was before. Tethers being useable only once in the air does concern me though.
This made my day! :laugh:
THE MOVES HAVE BEEN SHOWN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXNZsBJmjnA#ws)
Our wizards at the PMDT have done it again. ;)
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-4-debug-pt-1 (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-4-debug-pt-1)
Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 13, 2014, 12:09:31 AM
Our wizards at the PMBR have done it again. ;)
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-4-debug-pt-1 (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-4-debug-pt-1)
Actually, it's PMDT now.
ADDITIONALLY, ART!
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ddxkm/project_m_art_tuesdays_recolor_day/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ddxkm/project_m_art_tuesdays_recolor_day/)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Those Sonic recolors are amazing
Hmm no Knux
Oh goodie, I have a reason to put in that Shadow hack now.
I still love what I see for this Tuesday btw.
Quote from: XxTailsxX on August 13, 2014, 12:32:37 AM
Those Sonic recolors are amazing
Hmm no Knux
There's already a red Sonic, maybe they'll just update that to give it new shoes or something. or maybe Knuckles be playable er mah gawd who knows
Love the Kirbys, love Toon Links colours, don't really mind the DK ones and Sonics look pretty good too I guess.
AND THAT DEBUG MODE HOLY [censored]. Good stuff, Magus.
Quote from: Abbi on August 13, 2014, 12:43:42 AM
There's already a red Sonic, maybe they'll just update that to give it new shoes or something. or maybe Knuckles be playable er mah gawd who knows
Since I just finished asking about this elsewhere. here:
Quote from: NanobudsWe want to keep Sonic's team colors the exact same model. Same shoes, gloves, etc.
We didn't want 2 red Sonics, so we went against a Knuckles semi-alt.
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0mExactly, which is inconsistent with the other team colours. We chose to keep the team colours all a consistent model, whilst the semi alts are for his other colours.
Quote from: Me...Okay, maybe I'm missing something that isn't being explained here.
Are these new colors replacing the old ones? Or are they additional extra slots? I was under the impression that these would be Sonic's new default colors.
Quote from: NanobudsNew slots yo
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0mOkay let me elaborate. Sonic will have the following colours: Default (blue), Red, Green and Purple (from 3.02) then the Tails, Silver and Shadow colours with the Shadow colour replacing his black costume from 3.02 and the other two being brand new additions.
SDo0m and I kept ninja-ing eachother
Quote from: Nαnobuds on August 13, 2014, 05:10:32 AM
SDo0m and I kept ninja-ing eachother
The physical game or just doing Turbo Mode matches?
Quote from: Nαnobuds on August 13, 2014, 05:10:32 AM
SDo0m and I kept ninja-ing eachother
It didn't help that I kept replying to you both at the same time. XD
You both made it very entertaining while still being insightful and resourceful, though, so it all checks out. Thanks. <3
Little question about the debug mode if you don't mind me asking.
Will it activate when you "press L, R and D-Pad down" or when you "press both shield buttons and down taunt"? Just curious becouse I have different button layouts.
Man, I wish this kind of thing would have been around when I was still hacking. Would have been so useful for PSAs.
Art Tuesday: Big Boss
(http://i.imgur.com/7Paf2Xo.png)
http://imgur.com/a/0Mobn (http://imgur.com/a/0Mobn)
Who was the designer for this?
http://i.imgur.com/YIT0DuF.png (http://i.imgur.com/YIT0DuF.png)
what's up with wolf's torso? O_o
I would of prefered Old Snake, but this works too.
Quote from: Abbi on August 13, 2014, 11:07:41 PM
Little question about the debug mode if you don't mind me asking.
Will it activate when you "press L, R and D-Pad down" or when you "press both shield buttons and down taunt"? Just curious becouse I have different button layouts.
It's the same combo regardless of the button layout you have set.
A proper Big Boss alt? I think I died and went to (outer) heaven!
Quote from: Moblin on August 19, 2014, 01:02:12 PM
Art Tuesday: Big Boss
(http://i.imgur.com/7Paf2Xo.png)
http://imgur.com/a/0Mobn (http://imgur.com/a/0Mobn)
Who was the designer for this?
...I always did think Snake felt a bit too big-bossy. I'd have expected Old Snake, as well!
But I'm not complaining. Oh, hell no I'm not.
I like those Sonic alts.
And the Kirbys too :p
I'm just excited for this whole thing.
Quote from: Moblin on August 19, 2014, 01:02:12 PM
Who was the designer for this?
Eternal_Yoshi put the model together, and I rigged/imported it.
I would love to see Boshi (from Super Mario RPG) as an alt. costume for Yoshi in Project M. It'd be awesome.
Quote from: Mr. Me on August 21, 2014, 04:15:56 PM
I would love to see Boshi (from Super Mario RPG) as an alt. costume for Yoshi in Project M. It'd be awesome.
I second this!
How do you clone characters for Project M 3.02?
Quote from: Mr. Me on August 21, 2014, 04:15:56 PM
I would love to see Boshi (from Super Mario RPG) as an alt. costume for Yoshi in Project M. It'd be awesome.
That would be cool, but all of Yoshi's possible recolor slots have been used up
I want to see some alt costume for Zelda, Sheik, Ike, Marth, Samus & Zero Suit Samus.
I want to see OoT Link with a fixed mouth and expressions :)
An Alternate costume for Falcon, pls?
any news on the turbo contest?
Quote from: RoboticCyborg on September 02, 2014, 06:28:07 AM
An Alternate costume for Falcon, pls?
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2f9e69/project_m_alt_tuesday_snes_captain_falcon/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2f9e69/project_m_alt_tuesday_snes_captain_falcon/)
The hype is real.
(http://i.imgur.com/WIFk0AL.png)
I have been waiting a good while for a good SNES Falcon, and it's finally here.
You awesome mother[censored]ers.
Quote from: LuisMasterXDRM97 on September 02, 2014, 06:18:10 AM
I want to see OoT Link with a fixed mouth and expressions :)
Then you will be a happy man with 3.5
if I may give a critique on C.Falcons alt? It'll be short.
I notice a few discrepancies that could be addressed, I think:
- The visor doesn't seem to fit into the helmet, so I think the polygons for the helmet could be edited real quick for that, and the UVs and texture accordingly. Right now from this render it looks like just a pair of large shades that Falcon inserted after putting the helmet on.
- I notice comparing the SNES official art and his pauldron here that it sports only one single thin ring around the arm instead of three, is there a reason for this?
- I really think the accuracy of the alt could've been deviated from with the belt buckle. Right now it looks like just a big void space in the middle of his pelvic region. I think adding the tail number of the Blue Falcon, or adding a the falcon emblem from his original Brawl costume, or a new Falcon Emblem would really add to it.
I personally think it's one of the best looking alts so far. What would make this even more complete would be that the alt has it's own Classic Blue Falcon model for the FS in place of the modern one.
Thanks Velen. Always good with feedback.
-Ah, I see. I kinda interpreted them as shades, kind of like how Proto Man's helmet works. (It's a helmet with a pair of shades on) It's very... 80's
-Funny you mention that, there actually is a reason for that edit. I figured it would be impossible for your arm to comfortably bend if there was a huge metal ring in your armpit, so I made it small to accommodate that.
- Hmm, I agree with this one. I can see how it looks empty without the falcon emblem, since that's how it is most of the time. In this case, I was being accurate to the source material. It had to differ enough from Normal Falcon and such. (That doesn't mean I won't edit it with a design later)
I'm glad you think it's one of the best alts so far, though. Thank you
also, the small metal piece on the shoulder-plate looks kinda off to me...
YES! ...In more than one way! :P
Quote from: Segtendo on September 02, 2014, 03:39:31 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/WIFk0AL.png)
I have been waiting a good while for a good SNES Falcon, and it's finally here.
You wonderful people you.
Quote from: Segtendo on September 02, 2014, 03:39:31 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/WIFk0AL.png)
I have been waiting a good while for a good SNES Falcon, and it's finally here.
HYES!
Quote from: Segtendo on September 02, 2014, 03:39:31 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/WIFk0AL.png)
I have been waiting a good while for a good SNES Falcon, and it's finally here.
YESZ! YESZ! And more YESZ! :happy: :falcon:
Here's a reference to those who don't know the origin of this costume:
(http://www.captainfalcon.com/images/comic/page-2.jpg)
Sexy falcon.
prog needs to be the next alt
I'd hate to give you guys criticism but this is an alt I've been anxiously waiting for for a long time. I understand you are taking creative liberties, but I believe the alt would look better with these changes:
- Make the shoulder pad look like leather.
- Put an engraved falcon texture on the belt buckle.
By far the most important and only necessary one:
- Fix the helmet. Make it more circular and have the visor overlap it on the sides. Also the falcon should simply be a texture rather than what it is now. The helmet is really the only thing that seriously bugs me about this costume and I really hope you redo it!
Sorry guys! Keep up the good work.
Am I the only one who prefers the belt buckle as it is?
Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on September 03, 2014, 08:46:01 AM
Am I the only one who prefers the belt buckle as it is?
YES.
I dunno. It really needs something though.
Why, though? It is okay as is. It blends with the simplified theme of the rest of the outfit.
Adding to it would just make it further deviate from the original for no reason.
Yea, I agree. Looks perfectly fine as is.
Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on September 03, 2014, 02:20:16 PM
Why, though? It is okay as is. It blends with the simplified theme of the rest of the outfit.
Adding to it would just make it further deviate from the original for no reason.
Quote from: Abbi on September 03, 2014, 02:22:34 PM
Yea, I agree. Looks perfectly fine as is.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Cause to me, the belt buckle just seems too sparse. Having at least the tail number of the Blue Falcon on it, or even a simplistic falcon emblem on it would greatly enhance it and give the alt some more original flavor. Sometimes it's the little things that can really enhance something.
My opinion on it might change if I see an edited render with it. But as of now, I simply don't see a need for it, so I'd say just keep it as is.
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/1tEBsW4.png)
example of having the Blue Falcon's Tail # engraved on the buckle, as a mock up.
I might do another with a mocked up falcon emblem later. I have class to get to.
That could work. Although, since this is based on the SNES F-Zero, I think the Blue Falcon was 111 in that game rather than 07. Just putting that out there.
What if you just made the buckle a little smaller?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Or maybe just added a simple circle to it?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Just some thoughts that I had about it.
Out of all ideas so far I'd take the simple circle added to it.
Yup, a slightly smaller version of the buckle with a circle seems like the best design option.
Quote from: Abbi on September 03, 2014, 04:42:45 PM
Out of all ideas so far I'd take the simple circle added to it.
Quote from: Xenozoa425 on September 03, 2014, 04:45:13 PM
Yup, a slightly smaller version of the buckle with a circle seems like the best design option.
I mixed my two ideas together.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on September 02, 2014, 04:45:19 PM
Then you will be a happy man with 3.5
A big YES! to this and the Capt. Falcon Alt Costume
(https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10537077_10204743635733428_1812097935269001988_n.jpg?oh=59a3e3e523d878e36fc42451e78a80db&oe=547CFE6B)
For the Homebrew channel version, I don't get to play online, whereas the hackless version you do. Is there something up with it, or am I missing something, because I use the Homebrew version.
isn't the wii online stuff dead?
I use wiimmfi with the wifi homebrew version through USB Loader GX, online works fine for me.
Same but with CFG.
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on September 05, 2014, 07:22:58 AM
isn't the wii online stuff dead?
brawl minus 3.Q and i think PM 3.0 has wifi
That is a really good request I think you should do it
Also
It's Tuesday
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Gravity on September 09, 2014, 05:33:15 PM
That is a really good request I think you should do it
Also
It's Tuesday
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Noooo Gamma not you too!
Quote from: Nαnobuds on September 09, 2014, 06:05:20 PM
Noooo Gamma not you too!
Heheheheheh
I went onto the subreddit in hopes of seeing some new art and saw that thread instead. That doesn't really happen every Tuesday, does it?
Definitly does.
Anyway, ༼つ◕_◕༽つ Give us all the ART already ༼つ◕_◕༽つ
Quote from: Gravity on September 09, 2014, 07:00:02 PM
Heheheheheh
I went onto the subreddit in hopes of seeing some new art and saw that thread instead. That doesn't really happen every Tuesday, does it?
Every.
Single.
[censored]ing.
Tuesday.
Its crazy.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on September 09, 2014, 07:57:10 PM
Every.
Single.
[censored]ing.
Tuesday.
Its crazy.
When will this insanity end?!
When they see an alt. = P
Quote from: Velen on September 09, 2014, 08:16:33 PM
When will this insanity end?!
When they see an alt. = P
When art is given
Edit: sneaky black text you
Cleaned up the thread.
Would appreciate it if people were to just ignore someone who keeps posting off-topic despite being told to take his nonesense elsewhere.
#FreeTheArt
Have art.
http://imgur.com/a/Sf6ut#0 (http://imgur.com/a/Sf6ut#0)
"Where'd you find that hat, Pikachu? Are sure they weren't using it anymore? This week we'd like to show off a few of the recolors the Pokemon will be getting."
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ART has been givenヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I like how Pika's ears are down and don't just stick up through the hat. It looks kinda odd but I think it works.
White Ninja Squirtle reminds me of Ezio, for whatever reason.
Quote from: Segtendo on September 10, 2014, 12:04:16 AM
White Ninja Squirtle reminds me of Ezio, for whatever reason.
I like your thinking.
I suggested a Red/white themed color... you know. Just bcuz. But we did white/gold instead.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
New favorite pika hat! :pikachu:
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on September 10, 2014, 12:34:27 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
New favorite pika hat! :pikachu:
This is. Too. Adorable.
that pikachu hat is awesome and cute at the same time...
Any word on the turbo contest?
They probably have to sift through thousands of submissions so I wouldn't count on seeing it anytime soon. Maybe by the end of the year, if we're lucky.
The coolest duo in smash never looked so cute! The polar bear climbers are unique to Project M.
(http://i.imgur.com/eA5KE1S.png)
http://imgur.com/a/u7dXG#0 (http://imgur.com/a/u7dXG#0)
ART
Also, feels... RIP Ice Climbers
I love their custom hammers. This is probably the cutest alt so far.
I can bearly stand the cuteness.
I can't be the only one who thinks this is the kind of stuff missing from the ICs on the vault.
*cuteness intensifies*
Oh my gosh they're so adorable.
Ice Climbers confirmed furries, more at the 11 o' clock news.
i havent really been interested in these alts. but man. this is probably the best one i have seen recently
so I heard today was tuesday........
#FREETHEART
I hereby submit my formal request for ART
(http://i.imgur.com/drnPjyE.png)
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2h9jtb/project_m_art_tuesdays_fusion_suit_samus/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2h9jtb/project_m_art_tuesdays_fusion_suit_samus/)
YES.
FINALLY.
The art... It has been given.
Can has gallery of pics?
BEST. ART. YET!!! i NEED this costume. my friend has been dying to properly play in samus' fusion suit. sadly, he and i have to wait like everyone else.
Quote from: Velen on September 23, 2014, 09:18:24 PM
Can has gallery of pics?
It was in the Reddit link, but here ya go
http://imgur.com/a/WfDST (http://imgur.com/a/WfDST)
(http://i.imgur.com/1FAH76K.jpg)
too bad there's nothing you can do about the broad shoulders...
but she's looking awesome anyway.
Im glad for nonbroad shoulders. looks more authentic
Broad shoulders.... :>.>:
That doesn't really matter to me.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Well it's that time of the week again. Let us prepare for ART!
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ART OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
feed us!
FEED US!!!!!!
Do characters with bone edits work for Project M?
Quote from: E-scope12 on September 30, 2014, 06:32:02 PMDo characters with bone edits work for Project M?
No. Just like with Brawl, any bone edits will be very unstable without PSA editing to fix bone reference issues.
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on September 30, 2014, 06:36:42 PM
No. Just like with Brawl, any bone edits will be very unstable without PSA editing to fix bone reference issues.
I hope you guys fix that problem.
Quote from: E-scope12 on September 30, 2014, 06:39:14 PMI hope you guys fix that problem.
That's a problem that can never be fixed. ._.
Quote from: E-scope12 on September 30, 2014, 06:39:14 PM
I hope you guys fix that problem.
Yeeeeah....
That's not P:M's problem.
That's not any hackers problem. Except for the person who made it :P
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on September 30, 2014, 06:59:49 PM
That's a problem that can never be fixed. ._.
Quote from: Shulk on September 30, 2014, 07:13:12 PM
Yeeeeah....
That's not P:M's problem.
That's not any hackers problem. Except for the person who made it :P
Did you try using a brawl mod with bone edits?
Quote from: E-scope12 on September 30, 2014, 08:46:46 PM
Did you try using a brawl mod with bone edits?
...
Both him and I are PSA modders. We should know. :srs:
Bone edits are either adding bones, renaming bones, scaling bones, moving bone placements, or moving bone IDs. All of which aren't generally compatible (and sometimes glitchy) with the respective characters without editing the character's animations and/or PSA. You either have to make your character's bones match the character you're making it over, or just make a PSA and fix the bone edits. There will never be a middle ground, no matter how hard you try.
Now stop dragging Off Topic. This thread gets enough of it as is.
Where can I get the project m CSS icon template?
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2hxrnh/project_m_art_tuesdays_animation_revamps/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2hxrnh/project_m_art_tuesdays_animation_revamps/)
Today's Art Tuesday will be a bit different. While showing a new alt for a certain someone, it was decided to show a few new character animations and animation revamps for some characters by some of our Art Team (SDo0m and FireBallStars).
SDo0m will also be streaming later today at 7:30pm EST/3:30pm PST.
[censored], ten minutes till stream time, you can't just drop that news on a brotha like that
Dat stream doe
There's been a change of plans.
SDo0m's stream will be this Friday.
but... the art...
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 01, 2014, 12:47:50 AM
There's been a change of plans.
SDo0m's stream will be this Friday.
On the day Smash 4 comes out... alright lol.
Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on October 01, 2014, 12:53:42 AM
but... the art...
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on September 30, 2014, 11:16:18 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2hxrnh/project_m_art_tuesdays_animation_revamps/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2hxrnh/project_m_art_tuesdays_animation_revamps/)
Today's Art Tuesday will be a bit different. While showing a new alt for a certain someone, it was decided to show a few new character animations and animation revamps for some characters by some of our Art Team (SDo0m and FireBallStars).
^
That is the art.
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 01, 2014, 12:47:50 AM
There's been a change of plans.
SDo0m's stream will be this Friday.
Nothing against you guys, but as mentioned, that's when Smash 4 3DS comes out. A lot of people are gonna be playin' that, ya know :P
What if the real art = actual Ridley teaser
Why was Falcon's run changed, exactly? It looks more generic now...
If it was changed for the sake of being "not-Brawl" I'd suggest changing it back, otherwise you lose a bit of character.
Roy's animations look better, but why does he shake? Is he cold?
And I really think that the taunt where he thrusts his sword up could just stop there, without the extra bit at the end. It...doesn't really look fitting? I get that it's from the GBA animation, but some animations just don't translate well to a 3D environment. That's why Sakurai freestyles in many cases and just makes stuff up.
They changed it becouse SDoom simply didn't like his Brawl animation and just wanted to give him something else.
(Saw it on some random reddit posts, trying to find it now would take forever)
Absolutely in love with the new animations. Ganons in particular look great.
Also, can any of you guys comment on this at all?
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2hy1s3/silentdo0ms_project_m_animation_stream_postponed/ckx2pvz (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2hy1s3/silentdo0ms_project_m_animation_stream_postponed/ckx2pvz)
That's not a Project M dev, it's just a guy doing some Bowser animations.
it does look epic though.
anyway, i wonder what that ganondorf animation is, if it ends up being a new N-B i don't know how i'd feel about it, i mean, on the bright side, it seems a lot faster than the original, so maybe it becomes actually useable in a real match, but on the other hand, wouldn't it kinda "re-clone" him, seeing how it's speed would become "closer" to falcon's?
of course all of this is based on the unknown/unproven fact that this animation is his new warlock punch.
btw, the model looks great, but his legs seem oddly placed/rigged, they bend in a kinda weird way.
Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 01, 2014, 12:47:50 AM
There's been a change of plans.
SDo0m's stream will be this Friday.
So is this stream gonna happen? :srs:
Ganon's B-Air and new N-B (?) look mighty fine. Nice to see more energy into those strong-ass punches~
His U-Tilt too, until he winds back. What's supporting his weight when he's returning into position? His left leg is almost flat on the ground, and his right one just kinda sliding back into place.
If you try yourself to recover from such a position, you're going to straighten up and (at the same time) use the left foot as support to pull the right foot back. Pretty certain it's anatomically undoable to do that while staying as low as he does.
Charizard's F-Air (Wolf is that you) looks more vicious which is cool, but the tail lacks in follow-through movement. Seems the wings movement is stiffer too, but that might well be the different angle.
And I imagine Pit's Shield is supposed to shrink back at the end of the new animation? Because otherwise, man, dat clipping.
Quote from: Taiko on October 01, 2014, 10:42:39 AMAnd I really think that the taunt where he thrusts his sword up could just stop there, without the extra bit at the end. It...doesn't really look fitting? I get that it's from the GBA animation, but some animations just don't translate well to a 3D environment. That's why Sakurai freestyles in many cases and just makes stuff up.
More than the 3D environment, the difference is that Eliwood (not Roy) followed that fancy flourish with a lightning-fast critical-hit stab.
And then a silly backflip 10 feet into the air.Marth's and Eliwood's on-foot animations are all about style: fancy flourishes with a rapier-like weapon. Roy uses the SoS like a bastard sword and just kinda whacks people on the head with it (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140205003806/fireemblem/images/archive/a/ae/20140207033213!FE6_Roy_Sword_of_Seals_Critical.gif).
So him using Eliwood's animation, and not even attacking afterwards does seem like he's just kinda swinging his blade around
in a manner that neither befits his character and sword style, nor looks intimidating or mocking.
Quote from: Miacis on October 04, 2014, 03:42:10 PM
just kinda swinging his blade around for no reason.
AKA taunt. :P
Quote from: Taiko on October 01, 2014, 10:42:39 AM
Why was Falcon's run changed, exactly? It looks more generic now...
If it was changed for the sake of being "not-Brawl" I'd suggest changing it back, otherwise you lose a bit of character.
Roy's animations look better, but why does he shake? Is he cold?
And I really think that the taunt where he thrusts his sword up could just stop there, without the extra bit at the end. It...doesn't really look fitting? I get that it's from the GBA animation, but some animations just don't translate well to a 3D environment. That's why Sakurai freestyles in many cases and just makes stuff up.
I agree with this. Falcon's run animation looks even more exaggerated than before and just looks goofy. I don't see the reasoning behind changing animations that already look good.
These are the only animations i want changed for Captain Falcon.
1. DamageFall, because it was so much better how he was flailing around like some sort of cartoon in the air and they ruined it in Brawl.
2. Passive F&B, i don't understand why that was changed when it was perfectly fine in Melee and made it slower in Brawl. Kipping with one hand was more manly than kipping with both.
3. WallJumping, His Walljumping was faster and jumps like a Badass Ninja, but in Brawl he jumps like an old fart like Ganondorf would do.
4. Melee Taunt, I JUST HATE HIS BRAWL TAUNT! He just slouches over and does a halfass salute. It was so much better in Melee.
For his new running animation.... i don't know why that's getting changed either. His running animation was never an issue in Brawl honestly.
Have Art
http://imgur.com/a/Izbtb (http://imgur.com/a/Izbtb)
Like the recolors. Although, I want to know why the Red Ike Hector recolor has blue boots while Green has green boots?
Really minor. But... curious.
ARTE SE HA DADO
I like Ness's purple shirt a lot, I'd say that I hope that he gets more shirt designs but his PJ alts will probably fill up the rest of his slots. Oh well.
While the Ike recolours are fine, the new purple ones seem really boring? They're all just purple+white (plus slight red on Ness' shoes...), I wish you guys would mess around with some other accent colours more. Pink and blue never fail to screw up purple, so there's a quick idea.
And what happened to Falcon's belt buckle and scarf?
Whats this!?!?!?
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/zB5NOql.png)
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2ilotm/project_m_art_tuesday_double_jet_set_sonic/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2ilotm/project_m_art_tuesday_double_jet_set_sonic/)
[\spoiler]
Quote from: Taiko on October 07, 2014, 09:04:01 PM
While the Ike recolours are fine, the new purple ones seem really boring? They're all just purple+white (plus slight red on Ness' shoes...), I wish you guys would mess around with some other accent colours more. Pink and blue never fail to screw up purple, so there's a quick idea.
And what happened to Falcon's belt buckle and scarf?
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090816133755/ssb/images/5/5d/SSB64_Falcon.gif (http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090816133755/ssb/images/5/5d/SSB64_Falcon.gif)
Quote from: Nαnobuds on October 07, 2014, 10:12:26 PM
Whats this!?!?!?
[spoiler]
(http://i.imgur.com/zB5NOql.png)
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2ilotm/project_m_art_tuesday_double_jet_set_sonic/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2ilotm/project_m_art_tuesday_double_jet_set_sonic/)
[\spoiler]
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090816133755/ssb/images/5/5d/SSB64_Falcon.gif (http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090816133755/ssb/images/5/5d/SSB64_Falcon.gif)
Oh...my...god. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSZZZZZ! BEST ONE BY FAR! :happy:
I am honestly speechless.
Woah momma!
pwetty awesome stuff :P
but yeah, the red armor ike with the green clothes and blue boots is kinda weird...
You [censored]ing mad man! I want it!
jet. set. sanic. the references =D
Well holy [censored], there's a costume completely out of left field I never expected.
It's been over a day and I'm still thrilled every time I see that Sonic!
All the new colors look great, but was there any consideration for taking off the knee pads on the new Cap (or even just coloring them to make them blend with his pants) I'm pretty sure he didn't have those until Brawl.
Tuesday. y'all know what dat means........
#art
I miss Turbo Tuesdays... those were cool.
༼つ◕_◕༽つ give art ༼つ◕_◕༽つ
Unleash the Art!
Quote from: Mr. Me on October 14, 2014, 04:49:16 PM
I miss Turbo Tuesdays... those were cool.
http://directionalbrilliance.webcomic.ws/comics/7/ (http://directionalbrilliance.webcomic.ws/comics/7/)
Quote from: Gravity on October 14, 2014, 05:55:07 PM
http://directionalbrilliance.webcomic.ws/comics/7/ (http://directionalbrilliance.webcomic.ws/comics/7/)
Genius!
Quote from: Gravity on October 14, 2014, 05:55:07 PM
http://directionalbrilliance.webcomic.ws/comics/7/ (http://directionalbrilliance.webcomic.ws/comics/7/)
reminds me of a smogon joke i heard yesterday
(http://i.imgur.com/En89aoF.png)
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2j9529/project_m_art_tuesdays_retro_suit_samus/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2j9529/project_m_art_tuesdays_retro_suit_samus/)
samus just keeps getting better...
That Power Suit...
Quote from: Segtendo on October 14, 2014, 09:22:45 PM
That Power Suit...
"Retro Suit"
Come on man, get it right :P
"This week we are showing off the Retro Suit! It takes ideas from Samus's NES appearance, as well as all her various Power Suit designs."
Quote from: Nαnobuds on October 14, 2014, 09:23:32 PM
"This week we are showing off the Retro Suit! It takes ideas from Samus's NES appearance, as well as all her various Varia Suit designs."
fixed ; sorry :\
---
if only cbliss could have more than 10 costumes per character (besides Wario).
Uhm... no. Its Power Suit, you goof.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901192024/ssb/images/7/7c/SamusMeleeTrophy1.png (http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901192024/ssb/images/7/7c/SamusMeleeTrophy1.png)
Quote from: Nαnobuds on October 14, 2014, 09:23:32 PM
"Retro Suit"
Come on man, get it right :P
Eh.
I saw the render and instantly thought "Power Suit." :V
nvm then. im no metroid.
Hi! I was wondering if the Official Project M Team can work on this moveset. It is a Rosalina & Luma moveset.
All of the files are here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jubdts1ll4hc6ng/Rosetta+%26+Chiko+-+Demo.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/download/jubdts1ll4hc6ng/Rosetta+%26+Chiko+-+Demo.zip)
I just wanted to know if you make her feel more like an official character and feel more like Project M. I was also wondering if you can also improve this moveset. I totally understand if you don't want to do this Project M Team. Thank You!
Nude zss confirmed
Quote from: Lucina on October 14, 2014, 09:46:19 PM
Hi! I was wondering if the Official Project M Team can work on this moveset. It is a Rosalina & Luma moveset.
All of the files are here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jubdts1ll4hc6ng/Rosetta+%26+Chiko+-+Demo.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/download/jubdts1ll4hc6ng/Rosetta+%26+Chiko+-+Demo.zip)
I just wanted to know if you make her feel more like an official character and feel more like Project M. I was also wondering if you can also improve this moveset. I totally understand if you don't want to do this Project M Team. Thank You!
LOL
Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on October 14, 2014, 09:43:21 PM
nvm then. im no metroid.
if only you were Metroid, then you could crawl......
[spoiler](http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131126013116/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/8/81/Kappa.png)
rosalina wasn't in melee, u goof
Quote from: Gravity on October 14, 2014, 09:47:17 PM
Nude zss confirmed
It's happening
EDIT: GAIZ LET ME POST PLZ
Well I have Project M Unbound so..................
Quote from: Lucina on October 14, 2014, 10:34:10 PM
Well I have Project M Unbound so..................
This thread is only for official Project M business.
Unbound was an offshoot created by other hackers on here that weren't part of PM. You could maybe ask about it there or in one of the request threads.
Also the new samus alt looks amazing! ;D
merp.
http://youtu.be/hDjbpVKD4bs (http://youtu.be/hDjbpVKD4bs)
Quote from: Gravity on October 14, 2014, 05:55:07 PM
http://directionalbrilliance.webcomic.ws/comics/7/ (http://directionalbrilliance.webcomic.ws/comics/7/)
That was an... underwhelming joke.
Quote from: Lucina on October 14, 2014, 09:46:19 PM
Hi! I was wondering if the Official Project M Team can work on this moveset. [snip]
You're a... you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
Quote from: Segtendo on October 14, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
rosalina wasn't in melee, u goof
HAH
Quote from: Lucina on October 14, 2014, 10:34:10 PM
Well I have Project M Unbound so..................
Stop using a [censored]ty compilation pack.
Well at least the Retro Suit looks good. Never really figured why Ninty went with ball-shoulders, but eh.
"Expect more Project M news coming soon!"
Tentative release date maybe...
Quote from: Segtendo on October 14, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
rosalina wasn't in melee, u goof
Neither was lucas, diddy, kind dedede, etc :v
Quote from: Nαnobuds on October 16, 2014, 02:22:11 AM
merp.
http://youtu.be/hDjbpVKD4bs (http://youtu.be/hDjbpVKD4bs)
thats pretty sick
Quote from: Nαnobuds on October 16, 2014, 02:22:11 AM
merp.
http://youtu.be/hDjbpVKD4bs (http://youtu.be/hDjbpVKD4bs)
I will agree with that drama on the subreddit that the effects were a bit overdone for this video, but I'm glad warchamp acknowledged that at least and probably learned from criticism.
Something a lot of people here can learn from...Anyway these were some cool entries, that Sopo on was probably my favorite. A small suggestion, if I may: you guys said you had over 200 entries that were submitted, why not use those to sort of bring back Turbo Tuesday and give people who weren't shown in the video a chance to be seen as kind of a way to say thanks for submitting? No editing would be required or anything, maybe just upload the raw video to YouTube with the Turbo Tuesday tag on it or something. I dunno. Just a thought.
Quote from: Gravity on October 16, 2014, 06:33:35 PM
I will agree with that drama on the subreddit that the effects were a bit overdone for this video, but I'm glad warchamp acknowledged that at least and probably learned from criticism. Something a lot of people here can learn from...
Anyway these were some cool entries, that Sopo on was probably my favorite. A small suggestion, if I may: you guys said you had over 200 entries that were submitted, why not use those to sort of bring back Turbo Tuesday and give people who weren't shown in the video a chance to be seen as kind of a way to say thanks for submitting? No editing would be required or anything, maybe just upload the raw video to YouTube with the Turbo Tuesday tag on it or something. I dunno. Just a thought.
Good idea. I can suggest that to the rest of the DT. However, we're all pretty busy getting ready for 3.5 stuff... so it will likely have to wait until after 3.5 if it'll even happen.
http://youtu.be/1auK5xMlwrI (http://youtu.be/1auK5xMlwrI)
http://imgur.com/a/YdHDK (http://imgur.com/a/YdHDK)
Th- That stage.. I can't take this much hype..
And Dreamland is gonna look THAT BEAUTIFUL too? Even Metal Cavern?
Holy [censored] man, this is amazing. Loving the Melee Sheik too, keep it up.
>Art Tuesday Finale
But... but... but art :[
... this art is nice tho. Dat Hyrule Castle... I wanted to do remakes of at least one of the N64 stages at some point but I'm glad you guys have it covered. Now I can completely avoid Brawl hacking altogether, yay
:o Art tho!
Hyrule Castle...
[censored], N64 stages really need to return in Smash 4.
i need a 2nd sd card
---
also, have you considered replacing every song on stages that have their series changed (ex. fountain of dreams, a kirby stage, replacing mario bros, a mario stage)? i ask this because; say if someone doesnt have project m all the time, and have some songs turned up that dont fit the stage.
Did I get a hint of Pokémon Stadium (the game) in that Hyrule Castle?... Clever!!
Hyrule [censored]ing Castle. [censored].
I'm with ya, Chaos. We need the comeback of N64 stages.
that stage is too epic for words, it's amazing how you guys have remade this stage completely while keeping it's collisions...
More art.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2jxi1p/project_m_art_tuesday_finale_one_final_treat/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2jxi1p/project_m_art_tuesday_finale_one_final_treat/)
Hyrule Castle looks fantastic!
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on October 21, 2014, 09:47:54 PM
that stage is too epic for words, it's amazing how you guys have remade this stage completely while keeping it's collisions...
The collisions are different
Huh, interesting. Can we expect Dreamland to keep it's collisions though? Or would that spoil too much of the surprise haha.
Quote from: Abbi on October 24, 2014, 03:50:25 PM
Huh, interesting. Can we expect Dreamland to keep it's collisions though? Or would that spoil too much of the surprise haha.
The Hyrule collisions are hardly different. The only noticeable difference is the Hut thing on the right of the stage.
The other stage remakes are planned to have the original collisions.
Alright, good to know. Thanks!
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-9-yoshis-island-brawl (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-9-yoshis-island-brawl)
Oh yeah. Forgot to post this earlier. For those who play on Yoshi's Island (Brawl), you should give this a read.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/blogpost-8-system-changes (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/blogpost-8-system-changes)
Forgot to post this as well.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-7-trimming-the-fat (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/dev-blogpost-7-trimming-the-fat)
And this...
http://youtu.be/HFSW_Zq-Xyg (http://youtu.be/HFSW_Zq-Xyg)
:D
(this is totally on-topic)
Oh my, a PAL release.
Now there's something unexpected.
any easy way to find all the tuesday art albums?
Lol, one week before SSB4. Aren't we getting a bit petty there...
I guess that's revenge for getting booted out of Apex in favor of the official SSB quadrilogy.
GANON. CAN. FLY. *sits and waits patiently for Friday*
Hellooooo new costumes.
I haven't touched my Brawl roster in god knows how long. The stages and costumes look amazing, as usual.
All well and good, but I just gotta say LOL at people thinking this'll somehow cut into Smash 4 sales. C'mon now.
The new N64 stages are what I'm excited about most, but I need to know what's up with the Ganon flying thing
Quote from: Gravity on November 12, 2014, 07:23:21 PM
I need to know what's up with the Ganon flying thing
Probably work like Mewtwo's.
Uuuuummmm.
I'm really curious to the codeset changes.
Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 06:57:10 PM
Lol, one week before SSB4. Aren't we getting a bit petty there...
I guess that's revenge for getting booted out of Apex in favor of the official SSB quadrilogy.
Nah. We've had this release date planned before we even knew about Apex. We wanted to release earlier to respect Smash 4, but we weren't able to.
Quote from: Gravity on November 12, 2014, 07:23:21 PM
All well and good, but I just gotta say LOL at people thinking this'll somehow cut into Smash 4 sales. C'mon now.
The new N64 stages are what I'm excited about most, but I need to know what's up with the Ganon flying thing
It's his new n-b.
Grounded, he uses the cape reflect.
In the air, he has a VERY short hover. Tapping B again will make him reflect as well.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 12, 2014, 08:04:18 PM
It's his new n-b.
Grounded, he uses the cape reflect.
In the air, he has a VERY short hover. Tapping B again will make him reflect as well.
R.I.P Warlock Punch
Speaking of Apex, still nothing public anounced by the big wigs regarding the death threats sent to the Apex staff?
I've heard of some miscontent in the PMDT, but... well that's not exactly action.
Or did the release trailer seriously take priority there?
so, they successfully found out how to add reflecting collisions to characters huh? (unless they used someone else module base)
damnit, I was so close to find that reflecting collision too
Quote from: Yuuki Terumi on November 12, 2014, 08:29:29 PM
R.I.P Warlock Punch
This makes me kind of sad... but I guess floating is cool too. We'll have to see. I know that my friend that normally plays Ganon may be disappointed, but whatever.
Post Merge: November 12, 2014, 08:53:48 PM
So it comes out this Friday... 12:00am release?...
Quote from: Gravity on November 12, 2014, 08:30:43 PM
What
No more Ganon punch? :[
Its still there. Just his as his F-Smash now.
(You guys seriously don't think yourselves mature enough to answer my simple questions without flaming me? oô )
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 12, 2014, 08:58:39 PM
Its still there. Just his as his F-Smash now.
That works then. I am so hyped for this release!!! It's like my late birthday present cause I didn't really get anything actually for my birthday the other day! :P Thank you PMDT.
Quote from: pikazz on November 12, 2014, 08:34:37 PM
so, they successfully found out how to add reflecting collisions to characters huh?
Yeah Magus figured it out
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 12, 2014, 08:58:39 PM
Its still there. Just his as his F-Smash now.
Ohhhh, ok, neato
Quote from: wiiztec on November 12, 2014, 09:18:45 PM
Yeah Magus figured it out
oooh o: tell me "what" it is, if it were a GCT code fix or only with modules? o:
trying to do only with modules under a long time, got everything covered with Methods and suchs except for 2-3 things, which is correctly impossible without a proper Module and PSA rebuilder D:
unless it is against the PMBR rules to tell what kind of fix it was D: really want to make defensive collision work with minimal gct codes on my own
OMG i just noticed stocks on stamina mode!
that is fricking awesome!!!
Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 08:29:52 PM
Speaking of Apex, still nothing public anounced by the big wigs regarding the death threats sent to the Apex staff?
I've heard of some miscontent in the PMDT, but... well that's not exactly action.
Or did the release trailer seriously take priority there?
When it comes to death-threats and the like, the best approach is to ignore them. Bringing attention to things like that just encourages people to continue to do those sorta things because they know they'll get a rise out of it. Also the PMDT don't really have an obligation to publicly address things of that nature when it isn't really related to them. They can't help it if some troll, person in a bad state of mind, or drunkard decides to do something stupid. The community in general has already taken action by showing their support towards Alex Strife via letters, messages, etc. I'm sure the PMDT has done something similar privately. I wouldn't expect or ask for much else tbh.
Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 06:57:10 PM
Lol, one week before SSB4. Aren't we getting a bit petty there...
I guess that's revenge for getting booted out of Apex in favor of the official SSB quadrilogy.
Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 09:00:18 PM
(You guys seriously don't think yourselves mature enough to answer my simple questions without flaming me? oô )
Lurking this site for years has led me to believe that you aren't really a nice person to talk to :( Rhetoric like this speaks for itself.
Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
Lurking this site for years has led me to believe that you aren't really a nice person to talk to :( Rhetoric like this speaks for itself.
That's funny, cause I've talked to him constantly for the past 3 years. He actually is a very nice person to talk to. Just don't talk Fire Emblem with him and you're good.
As for the death threats: The PMDT have the most sway toward public opinion about their project. Getting supportive letters from fans of P:M is nice, and all well and good, but a public denouncement of the death threats, and admonishment of those who performed the behavior would do more toward discouraging it than encouraging it. It would show the PMDT do not approve of such actions in the name of their project.
Making a blogpost dedicated to it as well would be more meaningful than making a simple reddit thread, as I imagine the majority of fan traffic at least travels through the blog to the Reddit, Twitter, Forums, etc.
Ignoring the issue would simply let the perception about the P:M fans by outsiders fester.
You mustn't have been looking anywhere else than this very specific thread, then. Judging by your registration date a few months back, it would make sense. You probably haven't seen what I've seen either.
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that there are few unresolved contentions with the PMBR that were never really settled, so no, I'm not exactly putting on my tact gloves there. And seeing how maturely my interlocutors have reacted to my remarks, I... honestly don't see much reason to do things differently.
As for the death threats I'm... not sure how that would even work. You don't sweep things under the rug and hope everything goes away. Nobody's going to uproot the weed in the community for you if the guys in charge are just looking elsewhere in the garden.
Heck, just looking about the Reddit P:M, people still seem more concerned about setting up a P:M side tournament for Apex than the actual threats (because I'm sure the Apex staff would love to have to deal with that kinda stuff on top of the threats).
When I look at all the comments regarding the P:M exclusion decision, all I see is a lot of pent-up rage and overexaggerated indignation over a video game mod. With a situation neglected as it is, it's honestly no wonder Alex received that kinda [censored].
Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
Lurking this site for years has led me to believe that you aren't really a nice person to talk to :( Rhetoric like this speaks for itself.
You don't know Miacis, buddy. He just has his facts straight.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 12, 2014, 08:58:39 PM
Its still there. Just his as his F-Smash now.
Your avatar...
I thought that was Metal Greymon for a bit. O.O
...yeah I'm going to have to poke the dog here: What's the deal with all of this [censored]?
Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
When it comes to death-threats and the like, the best approach is to ignore them. Bringing attention to things like that just encourages people to continue to do those sorta things because they know they'll get a rise out of it.
So basically, the old 'are they picking on you? ignore them lol' excuse applied to death threats. Which, last I checked, aren't exactly something to be shrugged off nonchalantly. Forgive me for sounding like Miacis here, but I haven't seen anyone worth their shekels from P:M actually address the whole 'Apex denies P:M, fans send death threats' thing except for SOJ. Doesn't matter if you like the Total Conversion or not, it's troubling.
Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
Also the PMDT don't really have an obligation to publicly address things of that nature when it isn't really related to them. They can't help it if some troll, person in a bad state of mind, or drunkard decides to do something stupid.
Yes, they don't have an obligation... but consider that, even if that person is a troublemaker, it's trying to stain P:M's name by proxy. When you have a bunch of loonies running around outright threatening people while calling themselves P:M fans, the higher-ups should go out of their way to say "Yeah, these guys? They're not us. We don't like their flailing, it's uncool and cramping our style, bros." in the most powerful media they have - the blog. It might not LOOK like much, but it's enough to distance Group A from Group B, and it's not like P:M is foreign to that concept. I mean, if you look at christians and the KKK, muslims and Al Qaeda, it's not too farfetched.
this thread confirmed religion thread 2.0Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
The community in general has already taken action by showing their support towards Alex Strife via letters, messages, etc. I'm sure the PMDT has done something similar privately. I wouldn't expect or ask for much else tbh.
Saying "I'm sorry about <x>" in private isn't as effective as in public, though. Not to mention that, from what I've seen, the community was more focused on trying to one-up Apex and disregarding the health, physical or mental, of the main guy Alex. I mean, there's an issue if those are the priorities and no one is saying anything against it. Or they're okay with it, which is an even bigger issue.
I mean, if [censored] like this keeps happening - retarded-ass drama because of a TC, nerdraging over a fake video of a 10-year-old girl, among other oh so intelligent instances - what do you think is going to happen? Ninty's decided to be benevolent and
officially* support the more competitive side of Smash. If they see how much people are [censored]ting themselves over every little triggering thing, they'll likely pull the plug before Smash 4's lifespan is even over. Worst case scenario, they yank a C&D out their pockets and shut the sonofa[censored] down for good. Can't we just love the SMASH series in its entirety instead of fragment into each game (and TC) in the series and throw flaming bags of [censored] at anyone not in our team just for thinking differently?
*as in, official games and not a TCQuote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
Lurking this site for years has led me to believe that you aren't really a nice person to talk to :( Rhetoric like this speaks for itself.
[censored] Miacis, how did you manage to steal my thunder? :c
Overall, everyone has retards in their community, there's no escaping that. Just have to power through and teach them to do and not do things, not just shun them and hope things will automagically get better. Just... all of this from a combination of a fake vid, the Apex thing and subsequent reactions, and the convenient/poor-timed (depending on who you ask) scheduled release of 3.5 led to a [censored]storm so immense even Link can't salvage. Honestly, when did Smash Bros. become such a headache that people can only fight OUTSIDE the game?
Now both Miacis and Nanobuds kiss and make up. You can both lord it up with lightsaber battles over who has the higher ground, but leave the dark and edgy behaviour at the thread's entrance and get along, for [censored]'s sake.
And if you're not going to, then at least give us a heads up if you're ever gonna go GOLD. Y'know, so we can have all the shiny trinkets you oh so diligently kept secret in a vault of your own.
Unless you're afraid that the codes might trigger a nuclear holocaust. :V
Holy crap, LC is being the reasonable one. What is the world coming to?
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 13, 2014, 02:28:29 AM
this thread confirmed religion thread 2.0
You had to go and use my line :v
Quote from: wiiztec on November 12, 2014, 09:18:45 PM
Yeah Magus figured it out
I am so freaking hyped about this (I'm sure Pikazz and many other PSA hackers are hyped about this too)
Will there be a Tut or something to do this? The ability to add defensive collisions in module files/gct would be a HUGE boon for ALL PSA hackers and would open MANY possibilities for old and even new movesets (now only if someone can figure out how to add articles)
I already have a copy of P:M on my computer, but I'm definitely going to download the new P:M update now.
Was hoping for a reveal of a new character by the end of the trailer... Do it PM Team!
As much as I love to be hyped about it, now it's meh to me. I mean it's cool and all, but I think Smash 4 just feels good to me. In other words, I can't go back into Project M, even if I tried. :-\ But that's just me.
Quote from: Albafika on November 13, 2014, 04:18:32 AM
Was hoping for a reveal of a new character by the end of the trailer... Do it PM Team!
we already have toon link as our young link, and dr mario is a specialized alt for mario. only poossible choice left is...
pichu
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on November 13, 2014, 02:50:11 AM
I am so freaking hyped about this (I'm sure Pikazz and many other PSA hackers are hyped about this too)
Will there be a Tut or something to do this? The ability to add defensive collisions in module files/gct would be a HUGE boon for ALL PSA hackers and would open MANY possibilities for old and even new movesets (now only if someone can figure out how to add articles)
I already have a copy of P:M on my computer, but I'm definitely going to download the new P:M update now.
pretty sure that they will not give out anything of that sadly.
maybe some directions on "how" its made but even that is as rare as finding a pokemon in the wild.
I am just happy that defensive collision isnt impossible with shown proof <3
Amazing trailer. Wow.
Glad you guys changed Zeldas Side B up a bit.
Absolutely LOVE how Ganon's been shaping up in P:M so far. While still keeping his "stronger Captain Falcon" feel, you guys keep adding new options to his arsenal that make him feel so new and different. Loving the hover and cape, hopefully he'll finally have a chance against characters with projectiles now. lol
HD Metal Cavern looks amazing, HD Dreamland looks cool too, great job on that.
Loving those new costumes too. Dedede seems to have some pretty sweet ones, and Falcons looks amazing in motion, same goes for Ganons.
Also, just to make sure (since I used to USB Loader Project M before), is the PAL release gonna work with an unmodded Wii U? I don't care when it's getting released, would just like to know whether I'll have to homebrew my Wii U to play P:M.
So yea overall, pretty [censored]ing excited.
Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 08:29:52 PM
Speaking of Apex, still nothing public anounced by the big wigs regarding the death threats sent to the Apex staff?
I've heard of some miscontent in the PMDT, but... well that's not exactly action.
Or did the release trailer seriously take priority there?
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/)
EDIT: A gift.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/)
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 13, 2014, 06:52:34 PM
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/)
EDIT: A gift.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
That is all.
Though I gotta say I love how Metal Cavern looks now. Big props guys.
Makes me wish I was as active in modeling.
EDIT:
Though I have a couple questions regarding things, if you don't mind me asking:
- Where did the idea for Charizard's armored Alt come from? It kind of reminds me of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
- How long did it take to redo the Dreamland Stage?
My only stipulation with Charizard's armored alt is I personally think the armor looks too dull, can Charizard not support a specular?
Hnnnng Justin Bailey Samus's arm canon hand looks sooo cooool uuuggghhh. Brilliant idea.
Metal Cavern's definitely my favorite updated stage, the N64 stages looked so jarring to me, so it's nice to see them finally blending in well with the artstyle of everything else. Also, hopefully the random King Bublin sound effects no longer play on Castle.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 13, 2014, 06:52:34 PM
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/ (http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/)
Ah, well I'm certainly glad that Strong Bad agrees with me so wholeheartedly. :)
Not sure whether I agree with the idea of dissociating the death threats from the issue of P:M not being present at Apex, however. It's entirely possible I missed something, but weren't the threats specifically meant to protest against the latter decision?
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 13, 2014, 06:52:34 PM
EDIT: A gift.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/)
Those are some really fancy ZSS alts. And that Metal Cavern is legitimately impressive. Hotdamn, so many details.
What's with the whole left side of the Iceberg though? It looks... oddly low-poly.
Quote from: Velen on November 13, 2014, 07:35:25 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
That is all.
Though I gotta say I love how Metal Cavern looks now. Big props guys.
Makes me wish I was as active in modeling.
EDIT:
Though I have a couple questions regarding things, if you don't mind me asking:
- Where did the idea for Charizard's armored Alt come from? It kind of reminds me of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
- How long did it take to redo the Dreamland Stage?
My only stipulation with Charizard's armored alt is I personally think the armor looks too dull, can Charizard not support a specular?
Charizard is based off of the Lucario movie, but with our own edits. Jiang came up with the design.
I was able to reduce filesize just a little bit ago, so we are going to add a specular map :)
Quote from: Miacis on November 13, 2014, 08:11:15 PM
Ah, well I'm certainly glad that Strong Bad agrees with me so wholeheartedly. :)
Not sure whether I agree with the idea of dissociating the death threats from the issue of P:M not being present at Apex, however. It's entirely possible I missed something, but weren't the threats specifically meant to protest against the latter decision?
Those are some really fancy ZSS alts. And that Metal Cavern is legitimately impressive. Hotdamn, so many details.
What's with the whole left side of the Iceberg though? It looks... oddly low-poly.
Honestly, I personally cannot answer your question regarding Apex. I know the basics, like death threats being sent to Alex, resulting in him from stepping down. I'm not sure who exactly was involved... I am not involved much in the actual PM and Smash community.
As for the iceburg... where exactly does it seem low-poly? I don't quite see what you mean.
That white ZSS is amazing, mainly because of how obscure of a reference it is. As a Metroid fanatic, respect. :P
I assume based on the fact that all 4 of his Melee alternates are there, Ganon will have 11 costumes since he's one of few characters that can go over 10? Or maybe his standard replaces the Brawl brown?
Also, how are Samus' alts going to work? I would guess based on there being vertexes for both Fusion Samus and ZSS that it's in a different slot altogether and since ZSS's blue costume is pretty similar to how she looked in Prime 2, that would fit with Dark Samus in the corresponding blue slot.
I know the hype for this is overflowing everywhere, and I don't mean bring it here... but is there a reason it hasn't been released yet?
Some quick last minute edits?
Website issues?
Anything?
Or are ya just trollin us? :P
There's a cat in the way
Quote from: Gravity on November 14, 2014, 08:54:11 PM
There's a cat in the way
That is the perfect response.
Ain't even mad.
Post Merge: November 14, 2014, 09:11:39 PM
but seriously...
Is there an estimated amount of time left for the release?
https://twitter.com/SOJ_PMDT/status/533360013197451266
It will be released on November 14th. Somewhere on this planet.
Thats all I can say.. cuz honestly I don't know the exact status on everything. I've been gone all day.
No but seriously what time zone are you guys in
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 15, 2014, 01:09:47 AM
It will be released on November 14th. Somewhere on this planet.
So, November 14th.....2015? (http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/189/d/f/trollface_by_deniskaPWNZ.png)
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 13, 2014, 09:12:47 PM
As for the iceburg... where exactly does it seem low-poly? I don't quite see what you mean.
Here´s the pic, looks low poly, or maybe its the shading or just my eyes...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
This is December 9th, 2013 all over again
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on November 15, 2014, 02:17:10 AM
This is December 9th, 2013 all over again
I don't even remember how terrible that was... How terrible was that?
If I recall correctly, 3.0 was released like 2 days after it was originally planned to be released.
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on November 15, 2014, 03:30:28 AM
If I recall correctly, 3.0 was released like 2 days after it was originally planned to be released.
You recall incorrectly then. It was still the 9th Hawaii time :P
We're working on it guys. Theytah has been up almost 24 hours now workin on [censored] that isnt even his [censored] to work on.
Please understand.
Lol, whoops~
But yeah, I uderstand that you guys don't need to be rushed. It is a high quality mod, and thus will take some very large amounts of time before a proper release can be done.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 15, 2014, 03:38:42 AM
You recall incorrectly then. It was still the 9th Hawaii time :P
We're working on it guys. Theytah has been up almost 24 hours now workin on [censored] that isnt even his [censored] to work on.
Please understand.
Mr.Iwata, is that you?
i think the only one that rushes the pmbr is the pmbr itself...
by setting a release date they won't manage... but oh well, we keep playing the waiting game :P
Aaaaand we're live
http://projectmgame.com/en/download (http://projectmgame.com/en/download)
and th download is already giving errors because of traffic xD
edit: did manage to get through though :P
downloading atm!
can't wait to test ganondorf
CHANGELOG PLS
wtf, juust downloaded, and it's still 3.02...
Redownload, they fixed the issue.
ok, so i have some issues...
note that this is on dolphin, so it may be because of that...
stamina types are not working, and the stocks only start working in the second match.
all-star versus makes me be mario... unless i don't know how to select my characters...
also, both marios were fitmario00... xD
PSA: Everyone NOT using the Launcher needs to set their hooktype to AXNextFrame for the Event Matches to work.
That's because of a problem with File Patch and Brawl that will skip over common2.pac upon startup with other hooktypes.
Also Stamina and ASV can malfunction at times in dolphin.
any way to make sure it'll work properly?
if not i'll have to wait for PAL release :D
hmmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtAxBZ1eTkc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtAxBZ1eTkc)
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 15, 2014, 06:45:04 PM
hmmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtAxBZ1eTkc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtAxBZ1eTkc)
I was planning to do something like this.
Looks like I don't have to do any hard work anymore.
huge AI issue caused by the ocarina taunt...
if you die at the hands of a AI Link, he'll go into "ocarina mode" and won't ever get out until you hit him out... pretty anticlimatic
Is there a newer Riivolution setup of this?
Seems like I can't use the previous one I used to use before, Ganon's float makes my wii crash.
I can't even boot up hackless, I keep getting stuck in the stage builder screen
I've gotten it to load twice now, froze the first time, let's see if it stays this time.
Find some Issues
1.-Infinite Glacier crashes the game
2.-Practice Stage have 3 unusable Platforms
I fixed my problem, forgot to replace .GCT file :|
I [censored]ing love the new Hyrule Castle and Metal Cavern.
Quote from: Gravity on November 15, 2014, 08:29:12 PM
I can't even boot up hackless, I keep getting stuck in the stage builder screen
I've gotten it to load twice now, froze the first time, let's see if it stays this time.
Try formatting your SD, deleting EVERYTHING off, and putting everything back on.
may i ask what charizard's armor is based on?
All-star mode crashes for me every time after stage selection.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 15, 2014, 10:05:55 PM
Try formatting your SD, deleting EVERYTHING off, and putting everything back on.
I got it to work eventually. I think the freeze might have been cause by me dinkin around in My Music. Hasn't frozen since. I'll probably reformat anyway.
Also Ganon is my new favorite thing
How are you supposed to get out of debug mode? I tried mashing the combination over and over for five minutes.
Ganondorf is taking some getting used to. I've pretty much switched over to Falcon
i'm still looking for a proper use of ganondorf's float... it's so sloooow xD
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on November 15, 2014, 10:07:48 PM
may i ask what charizard's armor is based on?
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 13, 2014, 09:12:47 PM
Charizard is based off of the Lucario movie, but with our own edits. Jiang came up with the design.
Why is Debug mode only usable with GameCube Controller (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lXkL7a7r4Q&feature=youtu.be&t=1m57s)? I am disappoint. :(
Any news of the recent "Leak" of Lyn, Knuckles and Isaac?
Quote from: JesucristoCROW on December 01, 2014, 07:23:59 AM
Any news of the recent "Leak" of Lyn, Knuckles and Isaac?
you're a little early; April Fools Day is 4 months away.
Actually hes not joking.
wow... looked it up and the "leaks" are there. however, i doubt theyre real.
the leak does look awesome, so even if it's just a mod by someone else, i'd love getting it in my game...
inb4 videos get taken down because of threats or something :V
Speaking of which, I'm curious and want to know (like jokekid asked in my thread) as to why P:M uses the pre-timeskip version of OoT Ganon as opposed to the post-timeskip version of OoT Ganon?
The Leak maybe is real, let's not forget that Mewtwo and Roy were included in 2.6 in OTHER build by the PMDT, maybe this is the case again, because the movesets still look kind of cheap and not even 40% completed, besides Knuckles resembles Little Mac, maybe by the 3.6 o 4.0 we get any news of it
does anyone have a vid or pic? i cant find those leaks >_>
Quote from: Anivernage on December 02, 2014, 12:36:00 AM
does anyone have a vid or pic? i cant find those leaks >_>
This is one I found... It looks kind of cool... I actually really like the Knuckles PSA that is shown... The model looks pretty good too.
Also. How exactly does All-star brawl work? Me and my friend have been trying it, and we constantly have it freeze after stage selection.
Quote from: Anivernage on December 02, 2014, 12:36:00 AM
does anyone have a vid or pic? i cant find those leaks >_>
Well... I am not part of the PMBR but...
I know the subject of leaks from a project really affects morality of a team, not to mention asking about said leak on their own project threads seems... rather disrespectful honestly. Guys, as a fellow modder I ask you all not to spread these sorts of topics in this and on any projects, as its affects negatively the projects members and may even affect the quality of the product they wish to deliver as a surprise.
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on December 02, 2014, 01:21:43 AM
Leak.
Please, don't share this here, do it privately and away from this thread.
Quote from: Scout on December 02, 2014, 01:23:56 AM
Please, don't share this here, do it privately and away from this thread.
Well now I feel bad... It has been taken down. :P It wasn't that hard to find if you use google...
But about my question from before: All-star mode. How does it work and am I the only person that is having it freeze on them?
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on December 02, 2014, 01:36:38 AM
But about my question from before: All-star mode. How does it work and am I the only person that is having it freeze on them?
Dolphin or Wii?
Set your stock number, then select that number of characters. Example, 5 stocks, select 5 characters. Click on the CSP to reset your selections.
Make sure Random is NOT selected. You gotta go select all your characters, even for CPUs.
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on December 02, 2014, 01:36:38 AM
Well now I feel bad... It has been taken down. :P It wasn't that hard to find if you use google...
But about my question from before: All-star mode. How does it work and am I the only person that is having it freeze on them?
Thank you kindly. My intentions was not to make you feel bad, rather to help people out. : )
It's on wii.
We had 4 stocks. Selected 4 characters. I had my first and last character as the same person but with different color... Then selected the stage and it froze.
It works when I try and go against a cpu, but whenever we try 1v1 with human players it freezes.
Post Merge: December 02, 2014, 01:44:40 AM
Quote from: Scout on December 02, 2014, 01:42:50 AM
Thank you kindly. My intentions was not to make you feel bad, rather to help people out. : )
No worries. :P What you said does make sense, and so as common courtesy I removed it. :)
That's weird, I haven't heard of that happening much. I'm lost in where to help you.
Maybe PM wiiztec and ask him?
Alright, that works. Yeah it's really weird. We just tested it again and it did the same thing. Unless names make a difference... I don't think that should matter.
Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 01, 2014, 10:52:30 PM
Speaking of which, I'm curious and want to know (like jokekid asked in my thread) as to why P:M uses the pre-timeskip version of OoT Ganon as opposed to the post-timeskip version of OoT Ganon?
Because we wanted to? I don't know what type of answer you were expecting.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Anyways, i liked this version so far, i really like the detail in the metal cavern stage. ;D
ok, im not gonna ask for a PAL release date, cuz that'd be just plain stupid, instead, i'ma ask if we PAL users will hear any news regarding it before it's release.
i've been enjoying it on dolphin a lot, but it doesn't feel the same, specially with my ocassional lag-spikes... xD
Quote from: Nαnobuds on December 02, 2014, 02:43:12 AM
Because we wanted to? I don't know what type of answer you were expecting.
Based on the presumption of optimal relevance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relevance_theory), I believe the author makes it clear that they consider post-timeskip could have been a better choice, possibly (but that's mere speculation) because it would supplement Adult Link's OoT look better, or because it's a more effective representation of Ganon in his original game, as the one form you ultimately confront as player.
Through the use of the interrogative adverb "why" (1.
For what cause, reason, or purpose) , the author was most certainly expecting the arguments behind that inclusion, otherwise asking the question that way wouldn't have followed the principles of relevant communication.
Quote from: JesucristoCROW on December 01, 2014, 07:23:59 AM
Any news of the recent "Leak" of Lyn, Knuckles and Isaac?
I heard about these guys (and a couple others...) more than a year ago, and have kept hearing echoes of them from different sources ever since without even having to look for them. You guys are slow.
Is it even a "leak" anymore when a member of the PMDT streamed it publicly?
Quote from: pikazz on November 13, 2014, 10:39:49 AM
I am just happy that defensive collision isnt impossible with shown proof <3
Nothing is impossible
Okay, Mia, I honestly fail to fathom the reason behind the trolling this time...
Quote from: Nαnobuds on December 02, 2014, 01:39:25 AM
Dolphin or Wii?
Set your stock number, then select that number of characters. Example, 5 stocks, select 5 characters. Click on the CSP to reset your selections.
Make sure Random is NOT selected. You gotta go select all your characters, even for CPUs.
No CPU default random works now. and the amount of characters you can pick is not connected to stock count in any way
Quote from: Velen on December 03, 2014, 05:40:22 AM
Okay, Mia, I honestly fail to fathom the reason behind the trolling this time...
Meh, it's not even trolling, just kinda having fun with Philosopy of Language concepts to say "I dunno, the answer he was expecting seemed pretty obvious to me."
I mean, I could just have said the latter, but that's just the boring way of phrasing it instead of the almost self-caricature I just put up. Simply keep in mind that even under my dose of sass, I'm always trying to bring up some good point. (Or at least a point that seems good to me. Opinions may differ.)
Quote from: wiiztec on December 03, 2014, 05:33:38 AM
Nothing is impossible
I'll marry whoever figures out how to make more articles.
Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 03, 2014, 08:30:38 PM
I'll marry whoever figures out how to make more articles.
^This.
Would be so great to have this.
http://youtu.be/rcJHZCuaG84 (http://youtu.be/rcJHZCuaG84)
A legit Bowser stage? Oh hell yes.
And I love the new "different characters as stock" thing. Smash 4 got the right idea, but it wasn't implemented well.
Bowser stage, stage alts, new costumes; i look forward to this.
i also noticed in the whole copyright segment at the end, the mention of Naked Snake. is that becoming an alt, or am i just jumping to conclusions?
Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on March 30, 2015, 02:02:38 AM
Bowser stage, stage alts, new costumes; i look forward to this.
i also noticed in the whole copyright segment at the end, the mention of Naked Snake. is that becoming an alt, or am i just jumping to conclusions?
Naked is the same as Big Boss. I think.
he is. i just saw the various names of Big Boss, and thought ahead. verywell, im still pleased with the results.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/30rhzd/project_m_36_art_sunday/ (https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/30rhzd/project_m_36_art_sunday/)
http://imgur.com/a/4vwlA (http://imgur.com/a/4vwlA)
Seeing these makes me want to finish Biospark. He's way long overdue...
Loving these HD revamps, plus that Bowser stage... Yumm.
Oh I have a question.
Is Olimar's new jetpack a viability bone or is it part of the PSA files.
I knew this thread would explode again eventually... It's been too quiet lately...
This looks awesome! So hyped for this! Looking forward to that Dark Samus!
Mecha-Charizard?
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 30, 2015, 03:51:33 AM
Mecha-Charizard?
Aggron themed recolor of the old Armored Zard
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on March 30, 2015, 01:46:13 AM
And I love the new "different characters as stock" thing. Smash 4 got the right idea, but it wasn't implemented well.
May I ask HOW?
Quote from: Nαnobuds on March 30, 2015, 04:18:22 AM
ds22 is a wizard.
It was more of a response to the second half of his response (about Smash 4's take on it).
Quote from: Nαnobuds on March 30, 2015, 04:18:22 AM
ds22 is a wizard.
He should come down from the mountain and teach us a thing or fifty
So is the 3.6 ASL roughly the same as the old ASL, or is it completely new? I can see you've fixed some of the old problems (seems it's working on stgice now at least and I assume you wouldn't include it if it crashes), but can you add new alts and button combinations just as you could with the old one?
Ours can load alternate .rels as well. The older one couldn't.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on March 31, 2015, 04:40:34 PM
Ours can load alternate .rels as well. The older one couldn't.
That's neat.
Btw, how did you get the hazards working on Bowser's castle ?
so, this is kind of beating a dead horse, but any news on PAL?
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on April 01, 2015, 12:01:51 AM
so, this is kind of beating a dead horse, but any news on PAL?
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-pal-and-ntsc-j (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-pal-and-ntsc-j)
Quote from: Nαnobuds on March 31, 2015, 04:40:34 PM
Ours can load alternate .rels as well. The older one couldn't.
Alternate rels... what exactly does that include exactly? i've been working pretty hard to figure out the coding from the last one, for a different project. its been slow going but i think i'm close to adding brawl EX to PM. also i wanted to know, the all star special mode work. i did manage to weed out the clone engine in its entirety tho >3< i think its mostly IC constants i'm missing that cause it to crash now.
Update: April 01, 2015, 07:50:38 AM
Nvm i figured out my own question watching the teaser closer. looks like your using Alma's alternate stage loader now. i used that for a while. it was a bit of a pain to add all those cosmetics, kudo's to who had the patience for that task.
just to recap on whats changed coding wise: you added the alternate loader, and looks like there could be changes to allstar mode. correct? am i missing any?
Quote from: Nαnobuds on March 31, 2015, 04:40:34 PM
Ours can load alternate .rels as well. The older one couldn't.
Oh [censored] this is gonna be amazing. So glad I didn't wind up converting all those stages I wanted to have on the same slot. :p
Do the alts load with random or is it only when you tell them to like the old one?
Quote from: Sirkura on April 01, 2015, 07:40:42 AM
Alternate rels... what exactly does that include exactly? i've been working pretty hard to figure out the coding from the last one, for a different project. its been slow going but i think i'm close to adding brawl EX to PM. also i wanted to know, the all star special mode work. i did manage to weed out the clone engine in its entirety tho >3< i think its mostly IC constants i'm missing that cause it to crash now.
Update: April 01, 2015, 07:50:38 AM
Nvm i figured out my own question watching the teaser closer. looks like your using Alma's alternate stage loader now. i used that for a while. it was a bit of a pain to add all those cosmetics, kudo's to who had the patience for that task.
just to recap on whats changed coding wise: you added the alternate loader, and looks like there could be changes to allstar mode. correct? am i missing any?
nah our ASL is different than Alma's. With it loading .rels, we can make any stage an alternate and not just one that is ported to the same brawl stage.
Also all star mode has been made to be a bit more stable. But that's the only new mode. For now...
But adding Stock icons needed a new code, as well as others for balancing purposes.
And no the alternate stages don't work for random stage select.
Post Merge: April 01, 2015, 06:21:20 PM
http://youtu.be/dOuXKCvhTvw (http://youtu.be/dOuXKCvhTvw)
http://imgur.com/a/ApXwI (http://imgur.com/a/ApXwI)
Us art guys have decided to re-think the art style of Project M. We wanted to move on to something new. To something fresh. After much debate, we decided to look into the past, to the roots of Smash. In the end, we thought a style matching the Nintendo 64's graphics would be best.
The new models will not be ready for Project M 3.64, but we will eventually have every character replaced with their new form. Be sure to watch for updates about this artistic overhaul!
Quote from: Nαnobuds on April 01, 2015, 01:30:23 PM
nah our ASL is different than Alma's. With it loading .rels, we can make any stage an alternate and not just one that is ported to the same brawl stage.
Also all star mode has been made to be a bit more stable. But that's the only new mode. For now...
But adding Stock icons needed a new code, as well as others for balancing purposes.
And no the alternate stages don't work for random stage select.
Post Merge: April 01, 2015, 06:21:20 PM
http://youtu.be/dOuXKCvhTvw (http://youtu.be/dOuXKCvhTvw)
http://imgur.com/a/ApXwI (http://imgur.com/a/ApXwI)
Us art guys have decided to re-think the art style of Project M. We wanted to move on to something new. To something fresh. After much debate, we decided to look into the past, to the roots of Smash. In the end, we thought a style matching the Nintendo 64's graphics would be best.
The new models will not be ready for Project M 3.64, but we will eventually have every character replaced with their new form. Be sure to watch for updates about this artistic overhaul!
i see, hmm do you think the icon code would interfere with BeX? i'm just trying to weed out what i can. i know all clone engine data needs to poof (got that part done), IC stuff needs to go (think i have most of that) , and cosmetic things need to be removed (usually fairly basic). Also about the alternate loader you use, is it a new add to the file patch or a separate code telling it where to look. it would be a pity to have to remove it. (altho usually FPC adds just need to be written on the end from my experience) thanks for answering the questions i have btw ^^ it helps a lot.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on April 01, 2015, 01:30:23 PM
And no the alternate stages don't work for random stage select.
:<
please tell me every character has a N64 alt...
that'd make P:M perfect
considering the video was posted on april 1st its probably fake but every brawl character getting a n64 model would be preety fun imo.
Charizard didnt look too n64ish guess you guys didnt used the pokemon stadium/snap models?
turbo mode was an april 1st joke as well
Still waiting on Ike Climbers, [censored].
Seriously though. Bowser stage.
Actual stage hazard with hurtboxes or just simulated?
Quote from: LC-DDM on April 02, 2015, 03:53:11 PM
Still waiting on Ike Climbers, [censored].
Seriously though. Bowser stage.
Actual stage hazard with hurtboxes or just simulated?
Its an actual hazard with hurtboxes.
what stage is it over?
Oh, okay, good.
So is the technique ever going to be released for the public to use it or do we all have to wait for the "GOLD" edition? :V
Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on April 03, 2015, 12:05:09 AM
what stage is it over?
The Mario Kart one.. Mario Circuit? I forget the name.
Quote from: Sir LC-DDM on April 03, 2015, 12:29:17 AM
Oh, okay, good.
So is the technique ever going to be released for the public to use it or do we all have to wait for the "GOLD" edition? :V
It may, actually. I'm not sure though. All I know is that it somehow uses .rels from Target Test stages to steal hitboxes n stuff.
woop woop
http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9 (http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9)
Quote from: Nαnobuds on April 08, 2015, 03:26:16 AM
woop woop
http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9 (http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9)
Aaaaand there go my pants.
I'm assuming the odd shoulder rigging is because vBrawl Samus has morphballs for shoulders?
Otherwise, the whole different UVs for Specs and whatnot is great.
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeach usssssssssssssssssssssssss
Quote from: Nαnobuds on April 08, 2015, 03:26:16 AM
woop woop
http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9 (http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9)
nice use of spec maps
gif made from a video?
Quote from: Nαnobuds on April 08, 2015, 03:26:16 AM
woop woop
http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9 (http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9)
and i thought it couldnt get better. i was [censored]in wrong. 10/10, would download again
That is come kick ass work there. Lovely spec map too.
Quote from: Large Leader on April 08, 2015, 03:47:27 AM
I'm assuming the odd shoulder rigging is because vBrawl Samus has morphballs for shoulders?
Otherwise, the whole different UVs for Specs and whatnot is great.
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeach usssssssssssssssssssssssss
Yeahhhh Samus has funky shoulders.
Star somehow added two UV maps to the model, once for the normal texture, and once for the repeating Spec map, which is just this
(http://i.imgur.com/6iynmYL.png)
Fuuuuuck that's sexy.
Oh, forgot to mention here.
SJS made the new texture, while Star did the cool Spec map stuff. So kudos to them.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on April 08, 2015, 04:34:01 AM
Oh, forgot to mention here.
SJS made the new texture, while Star did the cool Spec map stuff. So kudos to them.
So that's the "thing" that you mentioned on SJS's thread that looked really cool.
Interesting indeed!
So we found a place that let us do some cool things.
https://sketchfab.com/projectmgame
Quote from: Nαnobuds on April 14, 2015, 12:22:23 AM
So we found a place that let us do some cool things.
https://sketchfab.com/projectmgame
-and I must agree, pretty damn nice renders.
Hey nano? i was wondering if you can help us out. You may have seen we've been working on getting BeX to work on PM. Well we have successfully gotten that to work. tho the common2 file had to be replaced with the brawl EX one. it still works and there are no errors. however, stamina mode doesn't change its textures. From what we found it seems like the sora_melee file was modified to read the textures from somewhere else? how do you guys edit the file? just straight hexing?
its not a huge deal, just means the stamina "type" is selected from the stage selection rules.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on April 14, 2015, 12:22:23 AM
So we found a place that let us do some cool things.
https://sketchfab.com/projectmgame (https://sketchfab.com/projectmgame)
Wow... That's a really nice website. I need to look into that more...
Very nice renders as well! (http://i.imgur.com/scWmmo0.gif)
New blog post addressing what's been holding the release of 3.6 back and why everything has been overall silent from us.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/3-6-development-hurdles-and-applications (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/3-6-development-hurdles-and-applications)
oh well, at least there'll be more stuff.
also i dont think we really need a 3.6 release just yet, 3.5 still looks pretty fresh to me
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-3-6-beta-released (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-3-6-beta-released)
Project M 3.6 Beta has been released. It comes with bugfixes, balance tweaks, aesthetic tweaks, and other goodies.
It said the whole cast got a beauty boost... Screenshots?
Quote-Launcher updated to support the Wii U Gamecube adapter and fix various bugs.
When you say this in the changelist, what does that imply?
Does that mean I can use gameecube controllers on the wii u when playing now? Cause that would be awesome for when I hold tournaments. Another setup!
Quote from: Velen on June 24, 2015, 01:53:54 PM
It said the whole cast got a beauty boost... Screenshots?
I'm not sure what that means either.
Quote from: PMCB on June 25, 2015, 12:27:55 AM
When you say this in the changelist, what does that imply?
Does that mean I can use gameecube controllers on the wii u when playing now? Cause that would be awesome for when I hold tournaments. Another setup!
Just the Launcher right now. The game doesn't support it at this time.
Playing this game how it's meant to be played!
On Dolphin, Keyboard + Wacom.
Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on June 25, 2015, 02:48:09 AM
Playing this game how it's meant to be played!
On Dolphin, Keyboard + Wacom.
QFT.
3.6 is awesome. Loving the new costumes added (especially MKDS ROB) and updated visuals/costumes for characters like Samus. Most new stages are really sick too. Balance changes are great, Roy got nerfs without making him feel a lot worse, Fox got a recovery nerf among other things, good stuff. very glad you guys didn't destroy Mario lol
..I'm not feeling the announcer at all though haha. He doesn't sound nearly "epic" enough, and makes PM feel a lot more fan-made. Hopefully that'll change at some point.
i want my N64 models!
Hey, I need some help. I've had PM 3.5 for a while and at one point it just crashed. I re-formatted the SD card since that's what's helped me before, but now the game aknowledges the SD card but doesn't start up PM! I figured I would just wait for 3.6 to try again, and now, here I am. Brand new SD card and everything, and nothing is working! Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm thinking it might be my Brawl disc since I've had it for like 6 years and it's kinda scratched up, but I'm worried I might've screwed up my WiiU or something...
Quote from: thatoneguynolan on June 25, 2015, 06:20:49 PM
Hey, I need some help. I've had PM 3.5 for a while and at one point it just crashed. I re-formatted the SD card since that's what's helped me before, but now the game aknowledges the SD card but doesn't start up PM! I figured I would just wait for 3.6 to try again, and now, here I am. Brand new SD card and everything, and nothing is working! Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm thinking it might be my Brawl disc since I've had it for like 6 years and it's kinda scratched up, but I'm worried I might've screwed up my WiiU or something...
It is likely the disc. Same thing happened to me.
Quote from: Zikkh on June 25, 2015, 11:03:45 AM
..I'm not feeling the announcer at all though haha. He doesn't sound nearly "epic" enough, and makes PM feel a lot more fan-made. Hopefully that'll change at some point.
I agree with this. I like that you guys are trying something new, but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet... I'll have to get other opinions on it as well from the players in my area...
But otherwise everything looks and feels good to me while playing!
Best version so far, I love the samus costumes.
The announcer is bad, that needs to change.
I thought there was supposed to be a 64 mode? I'm assuming you didn't go through the trouble of making low-poly models for characters if you were only going to use them for one video... Especially since you guys haven't released them.
OH also I love the new effects you gave Mewtwo, they're really cool! I hope you guys eventually give him some new animations! I would also like his model to be updated, but I think you guys said you weren't doing that, so my question is is Nanobuds still importing the Smash 4 model?
I ran into trouble with the sm4sh model. I may try to finish it later this summer.
Quote from: Samusfan1 on June 25, 2015, 08:34:10 PM
I thought there was supposed to be a 64 mode? I'm assuming you didn't go through the trouble of making low-poly models for characters if you were only going to use them for one video... Especially since you guys haven't released them.
Most of the models used in that April Fools video are uploaded here actually. Mario, Link, DK, Sonic, Samus, pretty much every one that was seen in that video.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=n64&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=Character&SubtypeSearch=and&Target=-1 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=n64&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=Character&SubtypeSearch=and&Target=-1)
but i want it to be in the oficial build, so it gets into the netplay build xD
Is there a working Riivolution support for 3.6?
I tried to use the same Riivo support from PM3.0 and modify it a bit but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. It hangs after the PM3.6 Intro at the beginning.
Edit: Nevermind, got it to work. common5.pac was 1KB and I guess the .GCT file was messed up too :P
Anyways, my thoughts on 3.6 "beta":
- The new announcer SUCKS, but thankfully I can change it back.
- I really hate that you can't change most of the stage's songs, as in going into Options > My Music. It doesn't even move and stays at the same spot.
- The songs it brings in the pack is OK, but most of them suck.
+ I REALLY like the multiple songs in Character Select Screen, gives me other ideas as what to specific songs I could have for it. I would really like to know the code used to do that.
I guess thats it really, everything else is still more or less the same, unless I'm missing something.
Project M 3.6 Full has now been released.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-3-6-full-changelist (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-3-6-full-changelist)
Edit: A new theme comes to Project M!
! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZKt6e5OOQ#)
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 16, 2015, 02:46:20 PM
Project M 3.6 Full has now been released.
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-3-6-full-changelist (http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-3-6-full-changelist)
Edit: A new theme comes to Project M!
! No longer available (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZKt6e5OOQ#)
Just decided to randomly pop in and say I love it.
*exists the door.*
It's brought me great displeasure to say this, but Project M has ceased development.
Read more here: http://projectmgame.com/ (http://projectmgame.com/)
as much as i thought the fanbase of this project as formed of mostly cancer, i [censored] you not when i say that im gonna miss project m. the team has made amazing costumes, fantastic stages; hell, project m is how i got into modifying my copy of brawl before i moved onto brawl minus.
it's been one hell of a ride, guys. (https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/356/1.0)-b
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 02, 2015, 04:15:03 AM
It's brought me great displeasure to say this, but Project M has ceased development.
Read more here: http://projectmgame.com/ (http://projectmgame.com/)
I think the real blow here is how sudden it was. One minute, PMDT is showing us all these pictures of new costumes, and then the next, it's all gone. No Awakening Roy, no Headband Puff, no future Clone Engine characters... Everything's just stopped. And will never be worked on again.
The miracle never happen. So long to one of, if not the best Brawl mod ever conceived.
To the PMDT, I salute you for all your hard work.
I never was a fan of pm because I hate melee, but I think this will mean the total collapse and death of brawl hacking in general, because after all, people think pm is brawl hacking itself (and it's not a really wrong thing to say because pm brought brawl hacking to fame even though it also killed it with its meleetard fanbase).
Quote from: hinata2000100 on December 02, 2015, 05:06:40 AM
No Awakening Roy, no Headband Puff, no future Clone Engine characters... Everything's just stopped. And will never be worked on again.
Unless the former members of PMDT actually thought about their public and went back to being just simple hackers that submit their works to the vault like everyone else.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on December 02, 2015, 05:06:40 AM
No Awakening Roy
B-b-b-b-but muh awakening roy import ;~;
Anyways, this was really just... sad. I know one friend IRL that applied to be an animator on the DT, along with myself. I'm preeeetty sure I would have made it in too lol.
I feel the worst for them because I know what it's like to give up something you love doing. It's rough, but you have to move on. No other option.
#neverforget
I guess KCMM may be my home again
dang, I never even got to try it. I was holding out, waiting patiently for their PAL release, then they end up disbanding. Wonder what happened.
Quote from: Large Leader on December 02, 2015, 05:54:07 AMAnyways, this was really just... sad. I know one friend IRL that applied to be an animator on the DT, along with myself. I'm preeeetty sure I would have made it in too lol.
This I can relate to... considering I applied as well. Not too happy to find out this is how I know what happened to my application. PM to me, has been something I've gone back to Brawl for. I didn't start hacking because of it. Or get into it because of it... but It kept me coming back, hoping for new things like stages, characters, costumes, ideas for my own PSA's I do on the side.
I'm still upset with how I found out... and that my application was wasted, but I understand that things get stale and that they'd want to move onto something more fresh.
Quote from: Nαnobuds on December 02, 2015, 06:10:45 AM
#neverforget
I guess KCMM may be my home again
You ain't missing much. Trust me.
So with PM being disbanded, is there still a way to grab 3.6 still if someone was an idiot who never bothered to download it yet?
Quote from: Persona-Aya on December 02, 2015, 07:02:22 AM
So with PM being disbanded, is there still a way to grab 3.6 still if someone was an idiot who never bothered to download it yet?
You can check the PM Subreddit out. DLs and mirrors are already up for you to download from.
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 02, 2015, 04:15:03 AM
It's brought me great displeasure to say this, but Project M has ceased development.
Read more here: http://projectmgame.com/ (http://projectmgame.com/)
(http://i.imgur.com/HWsStuR.gif)
Goodnight, sweet prince.
Though im not rlly active in any place that has to do with brawl hacking, and i never downloaded project m (i thought it was amazing though and i was always very interested in it, just couldnt get it on my damn wii and gave up after a while) im incredibly sad to see it go.
rip awakening roy
If anyone, I'll trust Segtendo.
Someone with 13122 posts knows what goes around.
Very unfortunate, sad to see all that talent disbanded, but im sure they have big plans for their futures.
And hey, at least now we can burn a disc with Project M on it and not worry about updates
Welp, so much for that. What a most peculiar way to go. Kinda puts into perspective all of that P:M drama we've had on the boards over insignificant things, eh?
Hopefully people don't abandon hacking just because of that.
Guess it falls on us to outlive P:M and keep SSB hacking going... We're really gonna need to upgrade our server now.
Quote from: Persona-Aya on December 02, 2015, 07:02:22 AM
So with PM being disbanded, is there still a way to grab 3.6 still if someone was an idiot who never bothered to download it yet?
I have the original pf folder(untouched) of PM 3.6 that I could upload to the Vault, if someone has the 3.6 Non-pf folders. (i.e. The one I'm running is like 3.5, and the newer 3.6 probably has more codesets and stuff; plus mine's the wi-fi version, so I don't have the codeset anyways)
Speaking of Wi-Fi, anyone know if PM's servers will still be up or not. Also, if the original team is disbanded, who's to say that a new team of people who are revolutionizing hacking can't make a new PMDev team?(i.e. I think I'm the first person ever to import fully rigged models with Blender)
This is really unexpected... And here I was trying to get us to update the Vault to actually support PM content/Future Sm4sh content (When it happens).
Bleh... I'm sad. It was really exciting seeing so many people support a Brawl Mod to the extent it was being supported. This is such a blow...
I guess this makes P:M 3.6 the GOLD version, huh?
I know you've all wanted this
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt (http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt)
Quote from: wiiztec on December 02, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
I know you've all wanted this
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt (http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt)
Ohhh boy. Guess this is really it...
Hopefully someone leaks Lyndis and Knuckles' build someday. Would be a shame if all that hard work would never see the light.
Quote from: wiiztec on December 02, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
I know you've all wanted this
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt (http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt)
<3
Quote from: Albafika on December 02, 2015, 03:59:21 PM
Ohhh boy. Guess this is really it...
Hopefully someone leaks Lyndis and Knuckles' build someday. Would be a shame if all that hard work would never see the light.
Were both of them made by the PMDT to begin with?
Quote from: yi-shioon on December 02, 2015, 04:22:04 PM
Were both of them made by the PMDT to begin with?
Can't find the source, but the leaked footage is definitely Lyndis and Knuckles PSA on PM engine.
Plus, the posted codes have:
[quote author=yi-shioon link=topic=43364.msg1349819#msg1349819 date=1449073324]
Were both of them made by the PMDT to begin with?
[/quote][color=beige]Can't find the source, but the leaked footage is definitely Lyndis and Knuckles PSA on PM engine.
Plus, the linked code has:
[code]
Lyn Fixes [ds22]
* C2853B10 00000003
* 2C040017 40810008
* 38A10009 9421FFF0
* 60000000 00000000
* 04853A8C 40800014
* 04853B24 40800014
Isaac Fixes [ds22]
* 048543A4 40800014
* 04854444 40800008
* 048544D4 40800008
* 04854520 40800008
* C2854530 00000003
* 90020000 1C04000C
* 7C63002E 80020000
* 60000000 00000000
* C2854510 00000003
* 90020000 1C04000C
* 7C63002E 80020000
* 60000000 00000000
* C28544E4 00000003
* 90020000 1C04000C
* 7C63002E 80020000
* 60000000 00000000
* C2854478 00000003
* 2C040029 41820008
* 38A10009 9421FFF0
* 60000000 00000000
* C2854454 00000003
* 90020000 1C04000C
* 7C63002E 80020000
* 60000000 00000000
* C28543C0 00000003
* 90020000 1C04000C
* 7C63002E 80020000
* 60000000 00000000
This pretty much confirms it for you.[/code]
Thank you! I had some doubts concerning the leaks.
If Lyn and Knuckles were confirmed, then I hope we'll get the Sami model someday, too! A friend of mine will love her!
It's not just a model
btw did I crash the site? it went down in the middle of my posting the codeset I wasn't sure if it went through
Quote from: wiiztec on December 02, 2015, 05:16:10 PM
It's not just a model
btw did I crash the site? it went down in the middle of my posting the codeset I wasn't sure if it went through
We've been having issues with our [censored]ty host. We'll be migrating soon, as Miacis pointed out above.
So Sami had more than the model so far, huh. Well, hopefully the leak eventually happens, in a way it doesn't harms your future projects.
*sigh*
so, we're not getting the junk files, or abandonned WIP files?
i'd be happy with lyn and knuckles alone :P
Quote from: wiiztec on December 02, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
I know you've all wanted this
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt (http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt)
Oh wow, that's pretty awesome. I know a lot of our users will love the ability to customize and research those.
Much, much appreciated, good sir.
(http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120705231254/harrypotter/images/c/c4/HarryPotter-Snape-Clapping.gif)
Big thanks for sharing this. It would actually be really cool to discuss these codes.
Can we also discuss the leaked characters? Like the reason behind their inclusion in P:M, for example (I'm really curious...)
Oh, it's over...
Well I'll still be a newbie retexturerererererr guy.
If anybody could upload a full version of 3.6 with Beta Lynn and Knuckles (and maybe isaac idk) that'd be awesome
check the Project M resource thread
Here:http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75455.0
Hmm. It's weird posting on the forum. I was never the type to be on forum, just cared more for the results of my mods than to actually socialize :-\. I regret that a bit to be honest.
Well to the point. I just wanted to give my respects to the greatest brawl modding team. No rather the most successful brawl modding team. There are plenty of great modders still active and I'm sure we will create something grand from the ashes of what PM was. I learned a lot from studying PM's files. I learned about quality. Their mods showed that, and as a model rigger and creator it tested my limits. They made me as good as I am now, and I am still learning.
Sorry for the long and odd post but I just wanted someone to read it
So why is the download link not available on their site anymore? Anyone know?
Out of curiousity, is the leaked build the closest that Project M was to conpletion, or does there poetientially wxist a conpleted Isaac and Skull Kid assets somewhere?
Keep in mind, I'm not asking for them, but I'd like to know what the concepts for them wete because I was really looking forward to both if these characters before the announcement.
Quote from: libertyernie on December 11, 2015, 01:52:32 AM
So why is the download link not available on their site anymore? Anyone know?
The download link is gone because they didn't want to risk a direct lawsuit from Nintendo, since they were competing at the time.(Which is why they took it down, because Nintendo knows of P:M, but, according to P:M's lawyer, it was likely that releasing the new version could cause a lawsuit from Nintendo, as, since Nintendo's SSB Wii U's DLC is the same characters, they would be directly competing.)
Quote from: Nebulon on December 11, 2015, 02:11:47 AM
Out of curiousity, is the leaked build the closest that Project M was to conpletion, or does there poetientially wxist a conpleted Isaac and Skull Kid assets somewhere?
Neither of the assets for those two exist in any completed state.
Quote from: windhunter7 on December 11, 2015, 02:29:53 AM
The download link is gone because they didn't want to risk a direct lawsuit from Nintendo, since they were competing at the time.(Which is why they took it down, because Nintendo knows of P:M, but, according to P:M's lawyer, it was likely that releasing the new version could cause a lawsuit from Nintendo, as, since Nintendo's SSB Wii U's DLC is the same characters, they would be directly competing.)
I'd preface your speculation with a disclaimer stating it's speculation. It's alright to assume, but don't state it as fact.
Quote from: Large Leader on December 11, 2015, 07:47:51 AM
I'd preface your speculation with a disclaimer stating it's speculation. It's alright to assume, but don't state it as fact.
You're correct. However, although it is technically speculation, it is most likely true, because according to something Br3 posted, an image showing a post in some other forum or whatnot, in answer to the first FAQ, the second answer, he says that if Nintendo had come at them with the lawsuit, it would have likely been because of direct competition and/or more issues with IPs. Notice how he uses the word "likely", indicating probable cause, but still technically conjecture.
Here's the image I was talking about: http://i.imgur.com/k90QYbD.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/k90QYbD.jpg)
Quote from: Nebulon on December 11, 2015, 02:11:47 AM
Out of curiousity, is the leaked build the closest that Project M was to conpletion, or does there poetientially wxist a conpleted Isaac and Skull Kid assets somewhere?
Keep in mind, I'm not asking for them, but I'd like to know what the concepts for them wete because I was really looking forward to both if these characters before the announcement.
I'd be interested in this as well, and I suspect that it does exist, at least for Isaac and Sami. Someone posted a video of Isaac and Sami fighting each other, and it looked as though Sami was quite a bit further along in development than her incarnation in the leaked dev build
^ I've seen that too.
I didn't know if it was a further build or just a different version of the build.
Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 13, 2015, 07:43:40 PM
I'd be interested in this as well, and I suspect that it does exist, at least for Isaac and Sami. Someone posted a video of Isaac and Sami fighting each other, and it looked as though Sami was quite a bit further along in development than her incarnation in the leaked dev build
Quote from: Nebulon on December 13, 2015, 08:28:58 PM
^ I've seen that too.
I didn't know if it was a further build or just a different version of the build.
To my knowledge, as I also may have explained to Nebulon, the leaked build doesn't have the versions of Isaac and Sami featured in that specific video. More updated versions of those two characters exist somewhere out there. I, too, am interested in seeing just what else was updated, even if the characters themselves won't be released.
Now that PM ceased development. We in Europe and Africa will never get a PAL release, right?
Quote from: Lunoz on December 13, 2015, 10:28:08 PM
Now that PM ceased development. We in Europe and Africa will never get a PAL release, right?
that's a pretty obvious truth, really sad though
Yeah ik, just wanted to clarify tho
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on December 13, 2015, 11:04:06 PM
that's a pretty obvious truth, really sad though
Someone set up a github page to try to accomplish this task: https://github.com/Sarrg/Project-M-PAL
Now, I don't know if people with coding skills will actually contribute, but we'll see. I plan to help out a bit when I have time, between other projects, extracurriculars, and schoolwork.
Question: Anyone know if Project M's wi-fi servers are still working, even though they took down their links?
PM used wiimfi if i'm not mistaken, so it should be working fine. i don't believe they ever made thier own servers. in fact i believe it was asked before and they flat out said it wasn't gonna happen as they didn't have the funds or means to host their own.
Yay! That means that Wii can still play online! :D
*Pun Intended*